Genomes and Genes
Summary: A silver salt with powerful germicidal activity. It has been used topically to prevent OPHTHALMIA NEONATORUM.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Direct synthesis and bonding origins of monolayer-protected silver nanocrystals from silver nitrate through in situ ligand exchangeKwi Jong Lee
eMD Lab, Central R and D Institute, Samsung Electro Mechanics, 314, Maetan3 Dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon, Gyunggi Do 443 743, Republic of Korea
J Colloid Interface Sci 304:92-7. 2006..The fully organic phase system contains silver nitrate as a silver precursor, n-butylamine as a medium dissolving the silver salt, dodecanoic acid as a capping ..
- Formation of colloidal silver nanoparticles stabilized by Na+-poly(gamma-glutamic acid)-silver nitrate complex via chemical reduction processDa Guang Yu
Department of Textile Science, Nanya Institute of Technology, Chung Li, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 59:171-8. 2007Macromolecular and polyanionic Na(+)-poly(gamma-glutamic acid) (PGA) silver nitrate complex acted as both a metal ion provider and a particle protector to fabricate nanosized silver colloids under chemical reduction by dextrose...
- Evidence of the production of silver nanoparticles via pretreatment of Phoma sp.3.2883 with silver nitrateJ C Chen
Department of Biochemical Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical University, Beijing, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 37:105-8. 2003..The objective was to demonstrate the size of silver particles produced by the filamentous fungus Phoma sp.3.2883 via adsorption and accumulation, and to confirm that this silver was in a reduced state...
- Prospective randomized trial of silver nitrate vs talc slurry in pleurodesis for symptomatic malignant pleural effusionsMarcello da Silveira Paschoalini
Perola Byington Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 128:684-9. 2005To compare the efficacy and the safety of talc slurry and silver nitrate (SN) in the treatment of symptomatic malignant pleural effusions.
- Intrapleural low-dose silver nitrate elicits more pleural inflammation and less systemic inflammation than low-dose talcEvaldo Marchi
Pleura Laboratory, Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil, Rua Lucia B Passarin, 590, Ap 42, Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 128:1798-804. 2005Several systemic effects have been described after talc pleurodesis. The aim of this study was to assess the systemic response induced by low, nonpleurodesis-inducing doses of talc and silver nitrate in an experimental model in rabbits.
- Toxicity of silver nanoparticles to Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiEnrique Navarro
Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 42:8959-64. 2008..Together, the results indicate that the interaction of these particles with algae influences the toxicity of AgNP, which is mediated by Ag+. Particles contributed to the toxicity as a source of Ag+ which is formed in presence of algae...
- Biosynthesis of silver nanocrystals by Bacillus licheniformisKalishwaralal Kalimuthu
Department of Biotechnology, Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Krishnankoil 626190, Tamilnadu, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 65:150-3. 2008..SEM micrographs revealed the formation of well-dispersed silver nanoparticles of 50 nm, and the presence of silver was confirmed by EDX analysis...
- Intracellular silver accumulation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii upon exposure to carbonate coated silver nanoparticles and silver nitrateFlavio Piccapietra
Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 46:7390-7. 2012..5-10 μM, average diameter 29 nm) and silver nitrate (20-500 nM) was examined in the wild type and in the cell wall free mutant of the green alga Chlamydomonas ..
- Toxicogenomic responses of nanotoxicity in Daphnia magna exposed to silver nitrate and coated silver nanoparticlesHelen C Poynton
Department of Environmental, Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Boston, MA 02125, United States
Environ Sci Technol 46:6288-96. 2012..In addition, two specific biomarkers were developed for the environmental detection of PVP AgNPs; although further verification under different environmental conditions is needed...
- Silver-based crystalline nanoparticles, microbially fabricatedT Klaus
Department of Materials Science, The Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, SE 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13611-4. 1999..These Ag-containing crystals are embedded in the organic matrix of the bacteria. Their possible potential as organic-metal composites in thin film and surface coating technology is discussed...
- Mode of bactericidal action of silver zeolite and its comparison with that of silver nitrateYoshinobu Matsumura
Department of Biotechnology, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita 564 8680, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4278-81. 2003..action of silver zeolite as affected by inorganic salts and ion chelators were similar to those of silver nitrate. The results suggest that the contact of the bacterial cell with silver zeolite, the consequent transfer of ..
- Antimicrobial surface functionalization of plastic catheters by silver nanoparticlesDavid Roe
AcryMed, Inc, 9560 SW Nimbus Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97008, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:869-76. 2008..To test the antimicrobial activity and evaluate the risk of systemic toxicity of novel catheters coated with silver nanoparticles...
- Extracellular biosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles using Aspergillus flavus NJP08: a mechanism perspectiveNavin Jain
Centre for Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031, India
Nanoscale 3:635-41. 2011..A probable mechanism behind the biosynthesis is discussed, which leads to the possibility of using the present protocol in future "nano-factories"...
- Silver nanoparticles and silver nitrate cause respiratory stress in Eurasian perch (Perca fluviatilis)Katrine Bilberg
Faculty of Science, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Centre iNANO, Aarhus University, Ny Munkegade 120, Aarhus C, Denmark
Aquat Toxicol 96:159-65. 2010..For comparison, the impact of silver nitrate (AgNO(3)), was examined as well...
- Comparison of acute and chronic toxicity of silver nanoparticles and silver nitrate to Daphnia magnaChun Mei Zhao
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Environ Toxicol Chem 30:885-92. 2011..Environmental risk assessments of AgNP should therefore include tests on the chronic toxicity to aquatic organisms as well as the direct and indirect effects of AgNP resulting from the release of Ag(+) into the environment...
- Nitrate reductase-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles from AgNO3S Anil Kumar
Biochemical Sciences Division, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India
Biotechnol Lett 29:439-45. 2007..These studies will help in designing a rational enzymatic strategy for the synthesis of nanomaterials of different chemical composition, shapes and sizes as well as their separation...
- Global transcriptome analysis of Bacillus cereus ATCC 14579 in response to silver nitrate stressMalli Mohan Ganesh Babu
Department of Genetics, Centre for Excellence in Genomic Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India
J Nanobiotechnology 9:49. 2011..cereus PGN1 and ATCC14579 strains. These strains have showed high level of resistance to silver nitrate (1 mM) but their global transcriptomic response has not been studied earlier...
- Fabrication of silver nanoparticles by Phoma glomerata and its combined effect against Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureusS S Birla
Department of Biotechnology, S G B Amravati University, Maharashtra, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:173-9. 2009..The bacteria exhibiting resistance to various antibiotics showed remarkable sensitivity, when used in combination of antibiotics and Ag-NPs...
- Is silver nitrate pleurodesis for patients with malignant pleural effusion feasible and safe when performed in an outpatient setting?Ricardo Mingarini Terra
Thoracic Surgery Division, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1145-50. 2011The purpose of this study was to analyze the effectiveness and safety of silver nitrate pleurodesis (SNP) in patients with recurrent malignant pleural effusion (RMPE) when performed in an outpatient setting.
- Mitochondrial electron transport is inhibited by disappearance of metallothionein in human bronchial epithelial cells following exposure to silver nitrateTakamitsu Miyayama
Research Center for Environmental Risk, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Toxicology 305:20-9. 2013..These results suggest MT was decomposed by cytosolic H2O2, and then Ag released from MT relocated to insoluble cellular fractions and inhibited electron chain transfer of mitochondrial complexes, which eventually led to cell damage...
- Effects of silver nanoparticles and silver nitrate in the earthworm reproduction testKarsten Schlich
Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology, Schmallenberg, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 32:181-8. 2013..Analysis of transformed Ag-NPs after purification in wastewater treatment plants would provide additional information...
- Submucosal injection of the silver-human albumin complex for the treatment of bronchopleural fistulaClaudio Andreetti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:40-3. 2010..The purpose of this study is to assess the efficacy of the use of the silver-human albumin (SHA) complex injected in the bronchial submucosa for the treatment of BPF...
- Experimental pleurodesis in rabbits induced by silver nitrate or talc: 1-year follow-upF S Vargas
Laboratory of Pleura, Division of Respiratory Diseases, Heart Institute, InCor, , Brazil
Chest 119:1516-20. 2001STUDY OBJECTIVE: To compare the pleurodesis results from the intrapleural injection of silver nitrate and talc slurry over an observation period of 12 months in rabbits. DESIGN: Rabbits were randomized to receive 2 mL of 0...
- Silver nitrate cauterization: characterization of a new model of corneal inflammation and hyperalgesia in ratH N Wenk
Department of Neuroscience and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, 6 145 Jackson Hall, 312 Church Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0329, USA
Pain 105:393-401. 2003Chemical cauterization of the central cornea with silver nitrate was assessed as a superficial injury model of tissue sensitization accompanying acute inflammation...
- Preparative separation of α- and β-santalenes and (Z)-α- and (Z)-β-santalols using silver nitrate-impregnated silica gel medium pressure liquid chromatography and analysis of sandalwood oilPankaj P Daramwar
Chemistry Biology Unit, Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR, Pune 411008, India
Analyst 137:4564-70. 2012..b>Silver nitrate impregnated silica gel was used as the stationary phase in MPLC for quantitative separation of α- and β-..
- Effect of repeated administration of low-dose silver nitrate for pleurodesis in a rabbit modelAlain Tremblay
Division of Respiratory Medicine and Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Respirology 16:1070-5. 2011..Clinical pleurodesis strategies typically involve single bolus dose administration of drugs. This study was designed to test whether repeated administration of low doses of silver nitrate (SN) could lead to effective pleurodesis.
- Videothoracoscopic silver nitrate pleurodesis for primary spontaneous pneumothorax: an alternative to pleurectomy and pleural abrasion?Bertrand Marcheix
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Rangueil Larrey University Hospital, 24 chemin de Pouvourville, TSA 30031, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:1106-9. 2007..The aim of this paper was to report our experience of videothoracoscopic silver nitrate pleurodesis (VATSNP).
- Melanization of Cryptococcus neoformans reduces its susceptibility to the antimicrobial effects of silver nitrateJ Garcia-Rivera
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Med Mycol 39:353-7. 2001..neoformans can make a melanin-like pigment in pigeon excreta, a major natural environmental niche. Silver nitrate, AgNO3, is a highly toxic compound for bacteria and fungi...
- Antimicrobial effects of commercial silver nanoparticles are attenuated in natural streamwater and sedimentBenjamin P Colman
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Ecotoxicology 21:1867-77. 2012..The results of this study suggest that, in similar freshwater environments, the short-term biological impacts of AgNPs on microbes are attenuated by the physical and chemical properties of streamwater and sediment...
- Silver nitrate cauterisation, does concentration matter?M Amin
Department of Paediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The National Children s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Otolaryngol 32:197-9. 2007Epistaxis from the anterior septum is frequently treated with a topical application of silver nitrate. There are two concentrations commercially available and in use by otolaryngologists, these are 75% and 95% silver nitrate...
- Effects from filtration, capping agents, and presence/absence of food on the toxicity of silver nanoparticles to Daphnia magnaH Joel Allen
US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:2742-50. 2010..Daphnia magna were exposed to a silver nitrate solution and AgNPs suspensions including commercially available AgNPs (uncoated and coated), and laboratory-..
- Silver nitrate and aminoethoxyvinylglycine promote in vitro adventitious shoot regeneration of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.)Soumendra K Naik
Plant Cell and Tissue Culture Facility, Post Graduate Department of Botany, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar 751004, Orissa, India
J Plant Physiol 160:423-30. 2003..Regenerated shoots were rooted in half-strength MS medium (1/2 MS) containing 0.54 mumol/L NAA. The well rooted plantlets were acclimatized and eventually established in soil...
- Talc and silver nitrate induce systemic inflammatory effects during the acute phase of experimental pleurodesis in rabbitsEvaldo Marchi
Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 125:2268-77. 2004s: To determine whether talc (TL) and silver nitrate (SN), two effective pleurodesis agents, induce a systemic inflammatory response in the acute phase of experimental pleurodesis in rabbits.
- The effect of concentration and pH of silver nitrate solution on nanoleakageHeping Li
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Adhes Dent 5:19-25. 2003The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of concentration and pH of silver nitrate solution on nanoleakage in occlusal flat surfaces bonded with three dentin bonding systems.
- Microleakage of Class II restorations with different tracers--comparison with SEM quantitative analysisSiegward Heintze
Ivoclar Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein
J Adhes Dent 10:259-67. 2008....
- Synthesis of antimicrobial silver nanoparticles by callus and leaf extracts from saltmarsh plant, Sesuvium portulacastrum LAsmathunisha Nabikhan
Centre of Advanced Study in Marine Biology, Annamalai University, Parangipettai 608502, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 79:488-93. 2010..Control without silver nitrate did not show any change in color...
- Rapid biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant leaf extractsJae Yong Song
Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 32:79-84. 2009....
- The efficacy of silver nitrate cauterization for pyogenic granuloma of the handH Matthew Quitkin
New York Orthopaedic Hospital, New York, USA
J Hand Surg Am 28:435-8. 2003We report a series of pyogenic granulomas of the hand treated effectively in the office with silver nitrate cauterization.
- Silver nitrate injury in the rat sciatic nerve: a model of facial nerve injuryBryan G Wachter
Departments of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Physiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:48-54. 2002An unpublished communication of a permanent facial paralysis secondary to silver nitrate application in a postoperative mastoid cavity with a dehiscent facial nerve raises concern regarding its neurotoxicity...
- High MS-compatibility of silver nitrate-stained protein spots from 2-DE gels using ZipPlates and AnchorChips for successful protein identificationGrit Nebrich
Institute for Human Genetics Humboldt University Berlin, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Electrophoresis 28:1607-14. 2007..we describe a quick and easy-to-use methodological protocol based on sensitive, homogeneous, and MS-compatible silver nitrate protein staining, in combination with an in-gel digestion, employing the Millipore 96-well ZipPlate system for ..
- Biocompatibility, encrustation and biodegradation of ofloxacine and silver nitrate coated poly-L-lactic acid stents in rabbit urethraMarkku Multanen
Department of Urology, Kuusankoski District Hospital, Kuusankoski, 45750 Sairaalamäki, Finland
Urol Res 30:227-32. 2002The purpose of this study was to evaluate the biocompatibility, encrustation and biodegradation properties of silver nitrate and ofloxacine blended caprolactone-L-lactide copolymer coated self-reinforced poly-L-lactic acid (SR-PLLA) ..
- Chronic toxicity of silver nitrate to Ceriodaphnia dubia and Daphnia magna, and potential mitigating factorsRami B Naddy
ENSR, Fort Collins Environmental Toxicology Laboratory, Fort Collins Colorado 80521, USA
Aquat Toxicol 84:1-10. 2007We investigated the chronic toxicity of Ag, as silver nitrate, using two freshwater aquatic cladoceran species, Ceriodaphnia dubia and Daphnia magna, to generate data for the development of a chronic ambient water quality criterion for Ag...
- Lung damage in experimental pleurodesis induced by silver nitrate or talc: 1-year follow-upFrancisco S Vargas
Pleura Laboratory, Division of Respiratory Diseases, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, R Itapeva 500 cjto 4C, Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil CEP 01332 000
Chest 122:2122-6. 2002To compare the lung damage caused by intrapleural silver nitrate (SN) with that caused by talc over a 12-month period.
- Rapid and sensitive HPLC method for the estimation of doxorubicin in dog blood--the silver nitrate artifactLakkireddy Harivardhan Reddy
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Pharmacy Department, G H Patel building, M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390002, Gujarat, India
Acta Pharm 55:81-91. 2005..6-5.7%). The proposed method could be advantageous in estimation of doxorubicin incorporated into targeted delivery systems that concentrate in blood cells and quantify the absolute blood concentration of doxorubicin...
- Fatal renal and hepatic failure following silver nitrate instillation for treatment of chyluriaAmitabh A Kulkarni
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1276-7. 2005
- Pleurodesis induced by talc or silver nitrate: evaluation of collagen and elastic fibers in pleural remodelingLeila Antonangelo
Laboratory of Pleura Pulmonary Division and Division of Applied Physiology, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lung 184:105-11. 2006..the extracellular matrix (collagen and elastic fibers) in pleurodesis induced by intrapleural talc (TL) or silver nitrate (SN)...
- Bilateral epistaxis in children: efficacy of bilateral septal cauterization with silver nitrateT Roxanne Link
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1439-42. 2006To evaluate the rate of control of epistaxis in patients with bilateral complaints using silver nitrate and to assess short-term complications from this therapy.
- Silver nitrate cautery in aphthous stomatitis: a randomized controlled trialM R Alidaee
Department of Dermatology, Razi Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Vahdat Eslami Street, Tehran, Iran
Br J Dermatol 153:521-5. 2005Aphthous stomatitis is a painful, recurrent disease of the oral mucous membrane. Silver nitrate sticks have been used for a long time to provide pain relief for the duration of an aphthous ulceration, with only one application...
- Ultrastructural acute features of active remodeling after chemical pleurodesis induced by silver nitrate or talcEduardo H Genofre
Laboratory of Pleura, Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of the São Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lung 183:197-207. 2005..Twenty seven rabbits received intrapleural injection of 0.5% silver nitrate (SN; N = 9) or 400 mg/kg talc slurry (N = 9) in 2 ml of saline solution; control rabbits (N = 9) received 2 ml ..
- Silver nitrate sclerotherapy for 'clinically significant' chyluria: a prospective evaluation of duration of therapyD Dalela
Department of Urology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow, India
Urol Int 72:335-40. 2004..at 8-hourly intervals in 1 day) with the control regimen B (9 instillations at 8-hourly intervals in 3 days) of using 1% silver nitrate solution for renal pelvic instillation sclerotherapy in 'clinically significant' filarial chyluria.
- Rapid green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from silver nitrate by a homeopathic mother tincture Phytolacca DecandraSoumya Sundar Bhattacharyya
Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, India
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 10:546-54. 2012..examine if a homeopathic mother tincture (Phytolacca Decandra) is capable of precipitating silver nanoparticles from silver nitrate (AgNO(3)) and to characterize the biosynthesized nanoparticles for evaluating their biological activities.
- Characterization of aqueous silver nitrate solutions for leakage testsJosé Ferreira Costa
Department of Operative Dentistry, Dental School, Federal University of Maranhao, São Luiz, MA, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 19:254-9. 2011..a period of 168 h and the ionic silver content in various concentrations and post-preparation times of aqueous silver nitrate solutions...
- Silver nitrate: histological effects of cautery on epithelial surfaces with varying contact timesJ Hanif
Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 28:368-70. 2003b>Silver nitrate is used extensively in rhinological practice for the treatment of recurrent epistaxis. There are currently no recommendations in the literature regarding the optimum application time of this chemical for effective treatment...
- Antimicrobial activity of silver nitrate against periodontal pathogensP Spacciapoli
Periodontix Inc, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, USA
J Periodontal Res 36:108-13. 2001..b>Silver nitrate, copper chloride, and zinc chloride were tested for antimicrobial activity in in vitro killing assays ..
- Arterial haemorrhage following instillation of silver nitrate in chyluria: treatment by coil embolizationD N Srivastava
Department of Radiodiagnosis, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Australas Radiol 42:234-5. 1998..Sclerotherapy of the renal pelvis (RPIS) using 1% silver nitrate, along with diethyl carbamazine, is the treatment most frequently used...
- Acute necrotizing ureteritis with obstructive uropathy following instillation of silver nitrate in chyluria: a case reportChin Ming Su
Department of Urology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 20:512-5. 2004..It is believed that instillation of silver nitrate into the renal pelvis is a safe, minimally invasive and effective treatment for chyluria...
- Is povidone iodine an alternative to silver nitrate for renal pelvic instillation sclerotherapy in chyluria?Shailendra Goel
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, UP, India
BJU Int 94:1082-5. 2004To compare the efficacy and toxicity of 1% silver nitrate, 0.2% povidone iodine and 50% dextrose in renal pelvic instillation sclerotherapy (RPIS) for chyluria.
- Silver microflowers and large spherical particles: Controlled preparation and their wetting propertiesWei Song
Key Laboratory of Supramolecular Structure and Materials of Ministry of Education, Jilin University, 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun 130012, PR China
J Colloid Interface Sci 311:456-60. 2007..X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectra (XPS) and UV-vis spectra are used to characterize the chemical structure of the obtained products...
- Two modes of nanoleakage expression in single-step adhesivesF R Tay
Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, The University of Hong Kong, The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, SAR, China
J Dent Res 81:472-6. 2002..that nanoleakage patterns in these systems are artifacts caused by mineral dissolution in mildly acidic silver nitrate. Resin-dentin interfaces bonded with four single-step, self-etch adhesives were examined for nanoleakage by ..
- Easy deposition of Ag onto polystyrene beads for developing surface-enhanced-Raman-scattering-based molecular sensorsKwan Kim
Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
J Colloid Interface Sci 318:195-201. 2008..e., approximately 0.2 pM). Since a number of different molecules can be used as SERS-marker molecules (such as 4-ABT), multiple bioassays are readily accomplished via SERS after attaching appropriate host or guest molecules onto them...
- A versatile strategy to fabricate hydrogel-silver nanocomposites and investigation of their antimicrobial activityV Thomas
Department of Chemistry, Polymer Research Laboratory, Govt Model Science College, Jabalpur, MP 482001, India
J Colloid Interface Sci 315:389-95. 2007..It was also found that immersion of plain hydrogel in 20 mg/30 ml AgNO(3) solution yielded nanocomparticle-hydrogel composites with optimum bactericidal activity...
- Growth aspects of photochemically synthesized silver triangular nanoplatesTulio C R Rocha
Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, C P 6192, 13084 971 Campinas SP, Brazil
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:618-25. 2007..The results suggested that rational exploration of the synthesis parameter such as the type of the initial seeds in combination with the wavelength irradiation may lead to a broader type of particles already obtained by this method...
- A review of the use of silver in wound care: facts and fallaciesAlan B G Lansdown
Imperial College London, London, England, UK
Br J Nurs 13:S6-19. 2004....
- Environmentally sensitive silver nanoparticles of controlled size synthesized with PNIPAM as a nucleating and capping agentJ Ruben Morones
Departments of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering and Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, C0800, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Langmuir 23:8180-6. 2007..The synthesis is performed at room temperature by sodium borohydride-mediated reduction of silver nitrate in the presence of a fully hydrated polymer...
- Silver-protein (core-shell) nanoparticle production using spent mushroom substrateNadanathangam Vigneshwaran
Nanotechnology Research Group, Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology, Adenwala Road, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Langmuir 23:7113-7. 2007..The silver nitrate solution incubated with SMS changed to a yellow color from 24 h onward, indicating the formation of silver ..
- Multicolour photochromism of TiO2 films loaded with silver nanoparticlesYoshihisa Ohko
Nat Mater 2:29-31. 2003
- Rapid preparation and characterization of uniform, large, spherical Ag particles through a simple wet-chemical routeXuping Sun
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Science, Changchun, Jilin 130022, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 290:130-3. 2005..Scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and X-ray photoelectron spectra have been used to characterize the resulting product...
- In situ depositing silver nanoclusters on silk fibroin fibers supports by a novel biotemplate redox technique at room temperatureQun Dong
State Key Laboratory of Metal Matrix Composites, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200030, P R China
J Phys Chem B 109:17429-34. 2005..The morphologies of silver nanoclusters were mostly attributed to the concentration of silver nitrate solution as well as special configurations and structures of silk fibroin macromolecules...
- Synthesis of positively charged silver nanoparticles via photoreduction of AgNO3 in branched polyethyleneimine/HEPES solutionsSiliu Tan
Department of Chemical, Biomedical, and Materials Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, Castle Point on Hudson, New Jersey 07030, USA
Langmuir 23:9836-43. 2007..BPEI) and 4-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1-piperazineethanesulfonic acid (HEPES) were used collaboratively to reduce silver nitrate under UV irradiation for the synthesis of positively charged silver nanoparticles...
- Localization of silver deposits on Pneumocystis carinii treated with Gomori's methenamine silver nitrate stainH Yoshikawa
Dept of Medical Zoology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 264:363-72. 1987..question which portion of the pellicle of Pneumocystis carinii is actually stained by the Gomori's methenamine silver nitrate (GMS) method was solved with the aid of electron microscopy...
- Evaluation of the protective effects of reactive sulfide on the acute toxicity of silver to rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Reinier M Mann
Department of Biology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:1204-10. 2004..These results suggest a stoichiometric protection of sulfides up to a 2:1 ratio of Ag:sulfide. Greater accumulation of Ag at the gills was measured in fish exposed to AgNO3 in the presence of sulfide...
- In vitro effect of nanoleakage expression on resin-dentin bond strengths analyzed by microtensile bond test, SEM/EDX and TEMM Hashimoto
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 13, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8586, Japan
Biomaterials 25:5565-74. 2004..Resin-dentin bonded beams were prepared and immersed in water (control) or ammoniacal silver nitrate. After storage, microtensile bond strengths were measured...
- Detection of silver sulfide deposits in the skin of patients with argyria after long-term use of silver-containing drugsLudwig Jonas
Electron Microscopic Centre in the Department of Pathology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:379-84. 2007..Nevertheless, there are still a lot of silver products on the market, easily available over-the-counter. Therefore, argyria should not be forgotten or missed in the diagnostics of human dermis...
- Inhibition of Cav3.1 channel by silver ionsP Gromova
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 22:515-23. 2003..Furthermore, AgCl but not AgNO3 accelerated the kinetics of current activation. No effect on current inactivation or steady-state inactivation of the channel was observed for AgCl or AgNO3...
- Alteration of argyrophilic nucleolar organizer region associated (Ag-NOR) proteins in apoptosis-induced human salivary gland cells and human oral squamous carcinoma cellsY Morimoto
Department of Dental Radiology, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 30:193-9. 2001..of AgNORs in apoptosis-induced HSG cells was also examined using double staining with Hoechst 33342 and silver nitrate. Hoechst staining revealed typical apoptotic nuclei, which exhibited highly fluorescent condensed chromatin in ..
- Role of a Candida albicans P1-type ATPase in resistance to copper and silver ion toxicityP J Riggle
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Bacteriol 182:4899-905. 2000..Crd1p is the first example of a eukaryotic copper pump that provides the primary source of cellular copper resistance, and its ability to confer silver resistance may enhance the prevalence of C. albicans as a nosocomial pathogen...
- Silver activates calcium signals in rat basophilic leukemia-2H3 mast cells by a mechanism that differs from the Fc epsilon RI-activated responseYoshihiro Suzuki
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 169:3954-62. 2002..Our data strongly suggest the existence of an alternative pathway bypassing the early signaling events in mast cell activation and indicate that silver may be useful for analyses of such alternative mechanisms...
- A new Ti-5Ag alloy for customized prostheses by three-dimensional printing (3DP)S B Hong
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Dent Res 80:860-3. 2001..The aim of this study was to design, synthesize by 3DP, and characterize a new Ti-5Ag (wt%) alloy. Silver nitrate was found to be an appropriate inorganic binder for the Ti powder-based skeleton, and the optimum sintering ..
- Adding magnesium to the silver-gill binding model for rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)M L Schwartz
Department of Biology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:467-72. 2001..The inclusion of the Mg-gill stability constant into the original Ag-gill binding model increases the flexibility of the model, although the competitive effects of Mg are only important in sodium-poor systems...
- The time course of silver accumulation in rainbow trout during static exposure to silver nitrate: physiological regulation or an artifact of the exposure conditions?Tammie P Morgan
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 66:55-72. 2004....
- Embedded silver ions-containing liposomes in polyelectrolyte multilayers: cargos films for antibacterial agentsMarta Malcher
Departement de Chimie Bioorganique, Institut Gilbert Laustriat, UMR 7175 CNRS Université Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, France
Langmuir 24:10209-15. 2008..This study opens a new route to modify surfaces with small solutes that are not permeating phospholipid membranes below the phase transition temperature...
- Surface characterization of electrodeposited silver on activated carbon for bactericidal purposesHector Ortiz-Ibarra
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Guadalajara, Blvd Marcelino García Barragán 1451, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44430, Mexico
J Colloid Interface Sci 314:562-71. 2007..Antimicrobial activity toward E. coli indicated reductions by up to 7 orders of magnitude in the log CFU/mL in just 10 min contact time and for silver contents of 2.47 wt%...
- Influence of salinity and organic matter on silver accumulation in Gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta)Joel W Nichols
Department of Biology, Wilfrid Laurier University, 75 University St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L3C5
Aquat Toxicol 78:253-61. 2006..Our results further stress the importance of Ag speciation, physiological mechanisms, and intestinal Ag uptake when modelling Ag uptake and toxicity beyond freshwater conditions...
- Subsurface degradation of resin-based compositesRafat Bagheri
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Dent Mater 23:944-51. 2007..To determine the depth of a degraded subsurface layer produced in dental composites as a result of exposure to lactic acid or NaOH, by observing the penetration of AgNO(3) solution...
- Surface plasmon resonances, optical properties, and electrical conductivity thermal hystersis of silver nanofibers produced by the electrospinning techniqueNasser A M Barakat
Chemical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, El Minia University, El Minia, Egypt
Langmuir 24:11982-7. 2008..Silver nanofibers have been produced by electrospinning a sol-gel consisting of poly(vinyl alcohol) and silver nitrate. The dried nanofiber mats have been calcined at 850 degrees C in an argon atmosphere...
- Effects of ligand-bound silver on Ceriodaphnia dubiaGretchen K Bielmyer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Clemson University, Pendleton, South Carolina 29670, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:2204-8. 2002..b>Silver nitrate was the most lethal compound, with a median lethal concentration (8-d LC50) of 0...
- Proteomic identification of the Cus system as a major determinant of constitutive Escherichia coli silver resistance of chromosomal originChun Nam Lok
The Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology of the Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, Department of Chemistry, Department of Anatomy, and Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
J Proteome Res 7:2351-6. 2008..These results suggest that the chromosomally encoded Cus system, which naturally controls the periplasmic copper concentrations, is selectable to confer a constitutive silver resistance phenotype...
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by filamentous cyanobacteria from a silver(I) nitrate complexMaggy F Lengke
Department of Earth Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
Langmuir 23:2694-9. 2007..The mechanisms of silver nanoparticles via cyanobacteria could involve metabolic processes from the utilization of nitrate at 25 degrees C and also organics released from the dead cyanobacteria at 25-100 degrees C...
- Composite organic-inorganic nanoparticles (COINs) with chemically encoded optical signaturesXing Su
Biotechnology Research Group, Intel Research and CTM, Intel Corporation, SC2 24, 2200 Mission College Boulevard, Santa Clara, California 95054, USA
Nano Lett 5:49-54. 2005..Preliminary data suggest that COINs can be used as Raman tags for multiplex and ultrasensitive detection of biomolecules...
- Antibacterial properties of novel poly(methyl methacrylate) nanofiber containing silver nanoparticlesHyeyoung Kong
College of Engineering, Seoul National University, 56 1 Shinlim Kwanak, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Langmuir 24:2051-6. 2008..The MIC test demonstrated that the silver/PMMA nanofiber had enhanced antimicrobial efficacy compared to that of silver sulfadiazine and silver nitrate at the same silver concentration.
- A relationship between gill silver accumulation and acute silver toxicity in the freshwater rainbow trout: support for the acute silver biotic ligand modelTammie P Morgan
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:1261-7. 2004..0 for Ag+ binding to the gills were calculated. These observations support use of the silver biotic ligand model (BLM) as a regulatory tool to predict acute silver toxicity...
- Silver in health care: antimicrobial effects and safety in useAlan B G Lansdown
Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Curr Probl Dermatol 33:17-34. 2006..This complex mitigates the cellular toxicity of silver and contributes to tissue repair. Silver allergy is a known contra-indication for using silver in medical devices or antibiotic textiles...
- Continuous tuning of silver nanoparticle size in a water-in-supercritical carbon dioxide microemulsionCarlos A Fernandez
Department of Chemistry University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844, USA
Small 2:1266-9. 2006
- Photoinduced phase separation of gold in two-component nanoparticlesGabriella S Métraux
Department of Chemistry, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, and International Institute for Nanotechnology Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, Il 60208 3113, USA
Small 2:1335-9. 2006
- Study on coordination of selenoamino acids with Ag+ at silver nitrate-modified carbon paste electrodeYan Bai
Chemistry Department of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, PR China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 63:110-5. 2008Surface Ag+ ions forming complexes with the amino (selenoamino) acids compounds have been studied at a silver nitrate-modified carbon paste electrode (AgNO3/CPE)...
- Unstable reshaping of gold nanorods prepared by a wet chemical method in the presence of silver nitrateMuhammad Iqbal
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:3355-9. 2006..The presence of silver nitrate significantly enhanced the nanorod synthesis as previously reported...
- Influence of salinity and organic carbon on the chronic toxicity of silver to mysids (Americamysis bahia) and silversides (Menidia beryllina)Timothy J Ward
T R Wilbury Laboratories, 40 Doaks Lane, Marblehead, Massachusetts 01945, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:1809-16. 2006....
- Antimicrobial effects of silver nanoparticlesJun Sung Kim
Laboratory of Toxicology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Nanomedicine 3:95-101. 2007..These results suggest that Ag nanoparticles can be used as effective growth inhibitors in various microorganisms, making them applicable to diverse medical devices and antimicrobial control systems...
- Chronic effects of silver exposure on ion levels, survival, and silver distribution within developing rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) embryosC M Guadagnolo
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:553-60. 2001....
- The surface enhanced Raman scattering effects of composite nanocrystals of Ag-TiO2Y Liu
Institute of Photographic Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Beijing, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 57:35-9. 2001..The SERS effect is relating to the red shift phenomenon of SPA band, which could be explained by induced-resonance effect...
- Antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of the silver ion in Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coliWoo Kyung Jung
Department of Microbiology, KRF Zoonotic Disease Priority Research Institute, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Sillim dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2171-8. 2008..In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that silver ions may cause S. aureus and E. coli bacteria to reach an ABNC state and eventually die...
- The Role of RAGE and EAEShi Du Yan; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIESJONATHAN ALBERDING; Fiscal Year: 2003..on gaps in endothelial junctions (provided the observed filtration is found to be endothelial-mediated), using Silver Nitrate staining...
- ERAB, A BETA, NEUROTOXICITY AND ALZHEIMERS DISEASEShi Du Yan; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Center for Biophysical Assessment and Risk Management Following IrradiationPaul Okunieff; Fiscal Year: 2009..of tooth enamel (or bone) and in sulfate of hair and nails, much in the same way as film dosimetry uses silver nitrate. The trapped spins in dental carbonate are permanent and are measured by in vivo non-invasive electron spin ..
- Macrophage Targeted Photodynamic TherapyMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF SKELETAL MUSCLE FATIGUEJay Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, it will attempt to identify direct links between muscle glycogen levels, CHO metabolism and the fatigue process. ..
- CONTROLLED-RELEASE SEALANT TO PREVENT SECONDARY CARIESKenneth Anusavice; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutans, site specific levels of S. mutans at the margins of amalgam and composite restorations, and the width of marginal crevices adjacent to amalgam and composite restorations). ..
- In vivo imaging of corneal inflammationEllen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will be an important contribution to the understanding of the corneal inflammatory process, which may lead to the development of novet strategies for its prevention and/or control. ..