Genomes and Genes
Summary: (S-(E))-3,4,5,6,8,10-Hexahydro-14,16-dihydroxy-3-methyl-1H-2-benzoxacyclotetradecin-1,7(8H)-dione. One of a group of compounds known under the general designation of resorcylic acid lactones. Cis, trans, dextro and levo forms have been isolated from the fungus Gibberella zeae (formerly Fusarium graminearum). They have estrogenic activity, cause toxicity in livestock as feed contaminant, and have been used as anabolic or estrogen substitutes.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Structure-activity relationships for human estrogenic activity in zearalenone mycotoxinsW T Shier
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Toxicon 39:1435-8. 2001..Both similarities and substantial differences from published results in intact animal systems were observed. Substantial human estrogenicity was retained even in analogs lacking hydroxylation on the aromatic and macrocyclic rings...
- Interaction of estrogenic chemicals and phytoestrogens with estrogen receptor betaG G Kuiper
Center for Biotechnology and Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Endocrinology 139:4252-63. 1998..Phytoestrogens, including genistein, coumestrol and zearalenone stimulate the transcriptional activity of both ER subtypes at concentrations of 1-10 nM...
- Review on the toxicity, occurrence, metabolism, detoxification, regulations and intake of zearalenone: an oestrogenic mycotoxinAbdellah Zinedine
Laboratory of Food Toxicology, National Institute of Health INH, BP 769 Agdal, 27 Avenue Ibn Battouta, Rabat, Morocco
Food Chem Toxicol 45:1-18. 2007b>Zearalenone (ZEA) is a mycotoxin produced mainly by fungi belonging to the genus Fusarium in foods and feeds. It is frequently implicated in reproductive disorders of farm animals and occasionally in hyperoestrogenic syndromes in humans...
- Differential estrogenic actions of endocrine-disrupting chemicals bisphenol A, bisphenol AF, and zearalenone through estrogen receptor α and β in vitroYin Li
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:1029-35. 2012..Estrogen-like activity is attributed to EDCs, such as bisphenol A (BPA), bisphenol AF (BPAF), and zearalenone (Zea), but mechanisms of action and diversity of effects are poorly understood.
- In vivo and in vitro effects of the mycotoxins zearalenone and deoxynivalenol on different non-reproductive and reproductive organs in female pigs: a reviewU Tiemann
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, Wilhelm Stahl Allee 2, D 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Food Addit Contam 24:306-14. 2007This review summarizes the toxicological data on the effects of the mycotoxins zearalenone (ZON), its metabolites, and deoxynivalenol (DON) on different parameters relating to reproductive and non-reproductive organs in female pigs...
- Development and validation of a liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometric method for the determination of 39 mycotoxins in wheat and maizeMichael Sulyok
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Research, Department IFA Tulln, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Konrad Lorenzstr 20, A 3430 Tulln, Austria
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:2649-59. 2006..The 39 analytes included A- and B-trichothecenes (including deoxynivalenol-3-glucoside), zearalenone and related derivatives, fumonisins, enniatins, ergot alkaloids, ochratoxins, aflatoxins and moniliformin...
- Histological estimation of the small intestine wall after administration of feed containing deoxynivalenol, T-2 toxin and zearalenone in the pigK Obremski
Division of Veterinary Prophylaxis and Feed Hygiene, Department of Veterinary Health Protection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 718 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 11:339-45. 2008..small intestine after short term intoxication with low doses of deoxynivalenol (DON), T-2 toxin (T-2) and zearalenone (ZEA) obtained from wheat naturally contaminated with Fusarium moulds...
- Two different polyketide synthase genes are required for synthesis of zearalenone in Gibberella zeaeYong Tae Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology and Center for Agricultural Biomaterials, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Korea
Mol Microbiol 58:1102-13. 2005b>Zearalenone (ZEA) is a polyketide mycotoxin produced by some species of Gibberella/Fusarium and causes hyperestrogenic syndrome in animals...
- Morphology and ultrastructure of small intestine mucosa in gilts with zearalenone mycotoxicosisK Obremski
Division of Veterinary Prophylaxis and Feed Hygiene, Department of Veterinary Health Protection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:301-7. 2005b>Zearalenone (ZEA) is a mycotoxin produced by Fusarium. It evokes disruptions in sex cycle and changes in the morphology of the reproductive organs in pigs...
- Zearalenone induces immunotoxicity in mice: possible protective effects of radish extract (Raphanus sativus)Jalila Ben Salah-Abbès
Laboratory of Environmental Immunology, Microbiology and Cancerology, Faculty of Sciences Bizerte, 7021 Zarzouna, Tunisia
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:761-70. 2008..b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a mycotoxin produced by Fusarium spp and is frequently implicated in immunological disorders and ..
- Real-time quantitative expression studies of the zearalenone biosynthetic gene cluster in Fusarium graminearumErik Lysøe
Plant Health and Plant Protection Division, Bioforsk Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, Høgskoleveien 7, N 1432 As, Norway
Phytopathology 99:176-84. 2009The estrogenic mycotoxin zearalenone (ZON) produced by some Fusarium spp. causes reproductive problems and hyperestrogenic syndromes in mammals...
- Effects of deoxynivalenol and zearalenone on oxidative stress and blood phagocytic activity in broilersRadka Borutova
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Arch Anim Nutr 62:303-12. 2008Effects of dietary contamination with various levels of deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZEA) were investigated on Ross 308 hybrid broilers of both sexes. After hatching, all chickens were fed an identical control diet for two weeks...
- MycotoxinsJ W Bennett
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 16:497-516. 2003..This review focuses on the most important ones associated with human and veterinary diseases, including aflatoxin, citrinin, ergot akaloids, fumonisins, ochratoxin A, patulin, trichothecenes, and zearalenone.
- Individual and combined cytotoxic effects of Fusarium toxins (deoxynivalenol, nivalenol, zearalenone and fumonisins B1) on swine jejunal epithelial cellsLam Yim Murphy Wan
School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Food Chem Toxicol 57:276-83. 2013..study investigated the cytotoxicity of four common Fusarium mycotoxins, deoxynivalenol (DON), nivalenol (NIV), zearalenone (ZEA) and fumonisin B1 (FB1) on a normal porcine jejunal epithelial cell line, IPEC-J2...
- Role of zearalenone lactonase in protection of Gliocladium roseum from fungitoxic effects of the mycotoxin zearalenoneJan Utermark
Molecular Phytopathology and Mycotoxin Research, Grisebachstrasse 6, D 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:637-42. 2007b>Zearalenone is a mycotoxin with estrogenic effects on mammals that is produced by several species of Fusarium...
- Selection and identification of ssDNA aptamers recognizing zearalenoneXiujuan Chen
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 405:6573-81. 2013b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a nonsteroidal estrogenic mycotoxin produced by Fusarium graminearum on maize and barley...
- Comparative study of cytotoxicity and oxidative stress induced by deoxynivalenol, zearalenone or fumonisin B1 in human intestinal cell line Caco-2James H Kouadio
Toxicology Department, University of Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Toxicology 213:56-65. 2005Fusarium species infestations of cereals crops occur worldwide. Fusarium toxins such as, deoxynivalenol (DON), zearalenone (ZEN) and fumonisin B1 (FB1) have been shown to cause diverse toxic effects in animals and also suspected of ..
- Different apoptotic pathways induced by zearalenone, T-2 toxin and ochratoxin A in human hepatoma cellsChayma Bouaziz
Laboratory of Research on Biologically Compatible Compounds, Faculty of Dentistry, Rue Avicenne, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Toxicology 254:19-28. 2008..The present study compares the molecular mechanisms of the toxicity of zearalenone (ZEN), T-2 toxin and ochratoxin A (OTA) in human hepatoma cells HepG2...
- Prepubertal exposure to zearalenone or genistein reduces mammary tumorigenesisL Hilakivi Clarke
Lombardi Cancer Center, Department of Psychiatry, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1682-8. 1999..We also studied whether prepubertal exposure to zearalenone, a major source for phyto-oestrogens in the USA, influences breast cancer risk...
- Co-occurrence of aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, fumonisins, and zearalenone in cereals and feed, determined by competitive direct enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and thin-layer chromatographyMaja Segvić Klarić
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 60:427-34. 2009..For this reason mycotoxins such as aflatoxins (AFs), ochratoxin A (OTA), fumonisins (FBs), and zearalenone (ZEA) are found in food and feed in a wide range of concentrations, depending on environmental and storage ..
- Effect of addition of a detoxifying agent to laying hen diets containing uncontaminated or Fusarium toxin-contaminated maize on performance of hens and on carryover of zearalenoneS Danicke
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Federal Agricultural Research Centre, Braunschweig FAL, Bundesallee 50, D 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Poult Sci 81:1671-80. 2002..Also tested were fimbrien antigen K88 in egg yolk and zearalenone (ZON) residues in eggs and tissues...
- Effects of zearalenone and its derivatives on porcine immune responseDaniela E Marin
Laboratory of Animal Biology, National Institute for Research and Development for Biology and Animal Nutrition, Calea Bucuresti no 1, Balotesti, Ilfov 077015, Romania
Toxicol In Vitro 25:1981-8. 2011b>Zearalenone (ZEN), a mycotoxin produced by several Fusarium spp., is most commonly found as a contaminant in stored grain and has chronic estrogenic effects on mammals...
- The Fusarium toxins deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) in animal feedingSusanne Doll
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Bundesallee 50, D 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Prev Vet Med 102:132-45. 2011..As the Fusarium toxins deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) are of particular importance under the production conditions in central Europe and Germany, with respect ..
- Mycotoxin zearalenone induces AIF- and ROS-mediated cell death through p53- and MAPK-dependent signaling pathways in RAW264.7 macrophagesJi Yeon Yu
Institute of Oral Biosciences BK21 Program, Research Center of Bioactive Materials, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561 756, South Korea
Toxicol In Vitro 25:1654-63. 2011b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is commonly found in many food commodities and is known to cause reproductive disorders and genotoxic effects...
- Metabolic profiles of the mycotoxin zearalenone and of the growth promoter zeranol in urine, liver, and muscle of heifersMartina Kleinova
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, University of Vienna, Wahringer Strasse 38, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 50:4769-76. 2002A group of five heifers were fed for 84 days with 2 kg of zearalenone-contaminated oats (1370 microg/kg) resulting in an average daily intake of 2740 microg of zearalenone per animal...
- Zearalenone--undesirable substances in feedM Gajecki
Department of Veterinary Prevention and Feed Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 718 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 5:117-22. 2002..international organizations, which confirm the significance of problems connected with the presence of zearalenone in animal feed materials and their influence on the safety of food materials are shown in this review article...
- DNA fragmentation, apoptosis and cell cycle arrest induced by zearalenone in cultured DOK, Vero and Caco-2 cells: prevention by Vitamin ESalwa Abid-Essefi
Laboratoire de Recherche sur les Substances Biologiquement Compatibles LRSBC, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Rue Avicenne, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Toxicology 192:237-48. 2003b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a non-steroidal oestrogenic mycotoxin produced by several Fusarium species growing on cereals. ZEN and its metabolites bind to human oestrogen receptors and hence display oestrogenic and anabolic properties...
- Effects of graded levels of Fusarium toxin contaminated maize in diets for female weaned pigletsS Doll
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Federal Agricultural Research Centre FAL, Braunschweig, Germany
Arch Tierernahr 57:311-34. 2003..of Fusarium toxins in the diet on performance, clinical serum characteristics, organ weights and residues of zearalenone (ZON) and deoxynivalenol (DON) and their metabolites in body fluids and tissues...
- Zearalenone induces apoptosis and necrosis in porcine granulosa cells via a caspase-3- and caspase-9-dependent mitochondrial signaling pathwayLi Zhu
College of Veterinary Medicine, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
J Cell Physiol 227:1814-20. 2012b>Zearalenone is a mycotoxin produced mainly by Fusarium. There are numerous incidences of mycotoxicosis in laboratory and domestic animals, especially in pigs. However, little is known about molecular mechanisms of zearalenone toxicity...
- A novel lactonohydrolase responsible for the detoxification of zearalenone: enzyme purification and gene cloningNaoko Takahashi-Ando
Laboratory for Remediation Research, Plant Science Centre, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biochem J 365:1-6. 2002b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is converted into a far less oestrogenic product by incubation with Clonostachys rosea IFO 7063...
- Aromatic hydroxylation is a major metabolic pathway of the mycotoxin zearalenone in vitroErika Pfeiffer
Institute of Applied Biosciences, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 53:1123-33. 2009b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a common mycotoxin, for which only reductive metabolites have been identified so far. We now report that ZEN is extensively monohydroxylated by microsomes from human liver in vitro...
- Genes for the biosynthesis of the fungal polyketides hypothemycin from Hypomyces subiculosus and radicicol from Pochonia chlamydosporiaChristopher D Reeves
Kosan Biosciences, Inc, 3832 Bay Center Place, Hayward, California 94545, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5121-9. 2008..Both clusters encode a reducing polyketide synthase (PKS) and a nonreducing PKS like those in the zearalenone cluster of Gibberella zeae, plus enzymes with putative post-PKS functions...
- Occurrence of deoxynivalenol and zearalenone in commercial fish feed: an initial studyConstanze Pietsch
Programm Mensch Gesellschaft Umwelt, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel, Vesalgasse 1, Basel CH 4051, Switzerland
Toxins (Basel) 5:184-92. 2013..Fusarium toxins, such as deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZEN), are common contaminants of animal feed but no study reported the occurrence of both mycotoxins in fish ..
- Toxicokinetic study and absolute oral bioavailability of deoxynivalenol, T-2 toxin and zearalenone in broiler chickensAnn Osselaere
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Food Chem Toxicol 51:350-5. 2013..is available on the absolute oral bioavailability and the toxicokinetic parameters of deoxynivalenol, T-2 and zearalenone in broilers. Toxins were administered intravenously and orally in a two-way cross-over design...
- Toxicities induced in cultured cells exposed to zearalenone: apoptosis or mutagenesis?Imen Ayed-Boussema
Laboratory of Research on Biologically Compatible Compounds, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Monastir University, Rue Avicenne, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 21:136-44. 2007b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a fusarotoxin produced mainly by Fusarium graminearum in temperate and warm countries. ZEN has several adverse effects on humans and animals...
- A new zearalenone biodegradation strategy using non-pathogenic Rhodococcus pyridinivorans K408 strainRókus Kriszt
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e43608. 2012b>Zearalenone (hereafter referred to as ZEA) is a nonsteroidal estrogenic mycotoxin produced by several Fusarium spp. on cereal grains...
- Fusarium mycotoxins: overlooked aquatic micropollutants?Thomas D Bucheli
Agroscope Reckenholz Tanikon Research Station ART, Reckenholzstrasse 191, CH 8046 Zurich, Switzerland
J Agric Food Chem 56:1029-34. 2008Deoxynivalenol and zearalenone are among the most prevalent toxins produced by Fusarium spp. They have been investigated in food and feed products for decades but rarely in the environment...
- New insights into the human metabolism of the Fusarium mycotoxins deoxynivalenol and zearalenoneBenedikt Warth
Center for Analytical Chemistry and Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Metabolism, Department for Agrobiotechnology IFA Tulln, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna BOKU, Austria
Toxicol Lett 220:88-94. 2013This study reports on the detailed investigation of human deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZEN) in vivo metabolism through the analysis of urine samples obtained from one volunteer following a naturally contaminated diet containing ..
- The in vitro effects of zearalenone and T-2 toxins on Vero cellsChayma Bouaziz
Laboratory of Research on Biologically Compatible Compounds, Faculty of Dentistry, Rue Avicenne, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:497-501. 2013..Considering the concomitant production of zearalenone (ZEN) and T-2 toxin, it is very likely that humans and animals are always exposed to the mixture rather than to ..
- Effect of lignin on oxidative stress in chickens fed a diet contaminated with zearalenoneL ubomíra Gresáková
Slovak Academy of Sciences, Institute of Animal Physiology, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Acta Vet Hung 60:103-14. 2012The effect of lignin supplementation to a diet contaminated with zearalenone (ZEA) on antioxidant status was studied in female chickens of the ISA BROWN laying strain...
- Reactive oxygen species induced by beauvericin, patulin and zearalenone in CHO-K1 cellsE Ferrer
Laboratori de Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Av Vicent Andres Estelles, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Toxicol In Vitro 23:1504-9. 2009..as function of increasing time of exposure and concentrations of beauvericin (BEA), patulin (PAT) and zearalenone (ZEA)...
- Effects of zearalenone on oxidative stress and inflammation in weanling pigletsDaniela E Marin
Laboratory of Animal Biology, National Institute for Research and Development for Biology and Animal Nutrition, Calea Bucuresti no 1, Balotesti, Ilfov 077015, Romania
Food Chem Toxicol 58:408-15. 2013b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a non-steroidal estrogenic mycotoxin produced by the fungi of Fusarium genera. Piglets were fed for 18 days with a control or a ZEN (316 ppb) contaminated diet...
- Genotoxicity and inactivation of catechol metabolites of the mycotoxin zearalenoneStefanie C Fleck
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Bldg 50 41, Adenauerring 20A, 76131, Karlsruhe, Germany
Mycotoxin Res 28:267-73. 2012b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a highly estrogenic mycotoxin produced by Fusarium species. The adverse effects of ZEN and its reductive metabolite α-zearalenol (α-ZEL) are often compared to those of 17β-estradiol (E2) and estrone (E1)...
- Mycotoxin production in wheat grains by different Aspergilli in relation to different relative humidities and storage periodsMohamed Mabrouk Atalla
Chemistry of Natural and Microbial Products Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Nahrung 47:6-10. 2003..A. oryzae was found to produce aflatoxins B1, B2, zearalenone, DON and T-2 toxins under elevated degrees of humidity and prolonged periods of storage. A...
- Forage as a primary source of mycotoxins in animal dietsJiří Skládanka
Faculty of Agronomy, Mendel University in Brno, Zemedelska 1, CZ 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:37-50. 2011..Deoxynivalenol (DON), zearalenone (ZEA), fumonisins (FUM) and aflatoxins (AFL) are among the most common mycotoxins...
- Monoclonal-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of zearalenone in cerealsT Thongrussamee
Division of Applied Life Science, Brain Korea 21 Program, Graduate School of Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Gyeongnam, Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 25:997-1006. 2008A monoclonal antibody against zearalenone (ZEA) was produced and used successfully to develop a direct competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (DC-ELISA) for the analysis of ZEA in cereals...
- Expression profiling of the genes responding to zearalenone and its analogues using estrogen-responsive genesMeher Parveen
Signaling Molecules Research Group, Neuroscience Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:2377-84. 2009To compare gene expression profiles in response to estrogen or 17beta-estradiol (E(2)) and a mycotoxin, zearalenone (ZEA), and its analogues (collectively termed ZEA compounds), breast cancer MCF-7 cells were treated with 10 nM of E(2) ..
- Comparison of in vitro cytotoxicity of Fusarium mycotoxins,deoxynivalenol, T-2 toxin and zearalenone on selected human epithelial cell linesT W Calvert
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, G4 0BA, UK
Mycopathologia 159:413-9. 2005..bromide (MTT) was carried out with deoxynivalenol (DON), T-2 toxins and zearalenone (ZON) on CaCo-2, HEp-2 and HeLa cell lines...
- The toxic effects and fate of intravenously administered zearalenone in goatsM Dong
Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Toxicon 55:523-30. 2010To clarify the toxic effects and fate of zearalenone (ZEA) in ruminants, we studied histopathological changes and toxicokinetic profiles in goats administered with a single intravenous (iv) injection of ZEA at doses of 2.4 mg/kg bw and 1...
- Cleavage of zearalenone by Trichosporon mycotoxinivorans to a novel nonestrogenic metaboliteElisavet Vekiru
Department for Agrobiotechnology IFA Tulln, Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Research, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Str 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2353-9. 2010b>Zearalenone (ZON) is a potent estrogenic mycotoxin produced by several Fusarium species most frequently on maize and therefore can be found in food and animal feed...
- Short-term exposure to the environmentally relevant estrogenic mycotoxin zearalenone impairs reproduction in fishPatrick Schwartz
Man Society Environment, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel, Vesalgasse 1, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Sci Total Environ 409:326-33. 2010b>Zearalenone (ZON) is one of the worldwide most common mycotoxins and exhibits estrogenic activity in the range of natural steroid estrogens such as 17β-estradiol (E2)...
- Metabolism of zearalenone by genetically modified organisms expressing the detoxification gene from Clonostachys roseaNaoko Takahashi-Ando
Laboratory for Remediation Research, Plant Science Center, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3239-45. 2004b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is converted to a nontoxic product by a lactonohydololase encoded by zhd101. An enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) gene was fused to zhd101 (i.e., egfp::zhd101) and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Metabolism and transfer of the mycotoxin zearalenone in human intestinal Caco-2 cellsBernadette Videmann
UMR 1233 INRA ENVL ISARA, Métabolisme et Toxicologie Comparée des Xénobiotiques, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, 1, avenue Bourgelat, BP 83, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Food Chem Toxicol 46:3279-86. 2008The mycotoxin zearalenone (ZEA) is found worldwide as contaminant in cereals and grains. It is implicated in reproductive disorders and hyperestrogenic syndromes in animals and humans exposed by food...
- [Group-specific antibodies against zearalenone and its metabolites and synthetic analogs]A A Burkin
All Russia Research Institute of Veterinary Sanitation, Hygiene, and Ecology, Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Moscow, 123022 Russia
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 38:194-202. 2002..raised in rabbits against BSA conjugates of carboxymethyloxime-zearalanone (CMO-ZAN) and carboxymethyloxime-zearalenone (CMO-ZEN)...
- Simultaneous determination of deoxynivalenol, zearalenone, and their major masked metabolites in cereal-based food by LC-MS-MSO Vendl
Center for Analytical Chemistry, Department for Agrobiotechnology IFA Tulln, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna BOKU, Konrad Lorenz Str 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:1347-54. 2009..and cereal-based food have often been found to be contaminated with the mycotoxins deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON), after infection of the grain with the pathogenic fungus Fusarium...
- Microbiologicals for deactivating mycotoxinsGerd Schatzmayr
Biomin GmbH, Herzogenburg, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:543-51. 2006..Five classes of mycotoxins are of major concern in animal husbandry, namely aflatoxins, trichothecenes, zearalenone, ochratoxins, and fumonisins...
- The mycotoxin Zearalenone induces apoptosis in human hepatocytes (HepG2) via p53-dependent mitochondrial signaling pathwayImen Ayed-Boussema
Laboratoire de Recherche sur les Substances Biologiquement Compatibles LRSBC, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Rue Avicenne, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Toxicol In Vitro 22:1671-80. 2008b>Zearalenone (Zen) is a fusarial mycotoxin commonly found in several food commodities worldwide. It is frequently implicated in reproductive disorders and exerts several genotoxic effects in vivo and in vitro...
- Survey of maize from south-western Nigeria for zearalenone, alpha- and beta-zearalenols, fumonisin B1 and enniatins produced by Fusarium speciesT O Adejumo
Department of Microbiology, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Nigeria
Food Addit Contam 24:993-1000. 2007..4% of the samples were contaminated with zearalenone (ZON), alpha- and beta-zearalenols (alpha- and beta-ZOL), fumonisin B(1) (FB(1)) or enniatins (ENNs)...
- The PKS4 gene of Fusarium graminearum is essential for zearalenone productionErik Lysøe
Bioforsk Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, Plant Health and Plant Protection Division, Høgskoleveien 7, N 1432 As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3924-32. 2006..Some aurofusarin mutants of Fusarium pseudograminearum produce elevated levels of zearalenone (ZON), one of the estrogenic mycotoxins comprising the zearalenones...
- Raphanus sativus extract protects against Zearalenone induced reproductive toxicity, oxidative stress and mutagenic alterations in male Balb/c miceJalila Ben Salah-Abbès
Laboratory of Immunology, Environmental Microbiology and Cancerology, Faculty of Sciences Bizerte, 7021 Zarzouna, Tunisia
Toxicon 53:525-33. 2009b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a non-steroidal estrogenic mycotoxin produced by several species of Fusarium in cereals and agricultural products. It has been implicated in several mycotoxicosis in farm animals and in humans...
- Occurrence of zearalenone-4-beta-D-glucopyranoside in wheatIsabell Schneweis
Lehrstuhl für Tierhygiene, Wissenschaftszentrum Weihenstephan, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 50:1736-8. 2002An LC-MS method was developed for the analysis of zearalenone-4-beta-D-glucopyranoside and zearalenone in wheat (Triticum aestivum). The limit of determination for zearalenone-4-beta-D-glucopyranoside and zearalenone was 10 microg/kg...
- The protective effect of hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate against haematological, biochemical and pathological changes induced by Zearalenone in miceSamir Abbès
Laboratory of Environmental Immunology, Microbiology and Cancerology, Faculty of Sciences Bizerte 7021 Zarzouna, Tunisia
Toxicon 47:567-74. 2006..aluminosilicate (HSCAS), an anticaking agent for mixed feed, was added alone or simultaneously with a toxic Zearalenone (ZEN) dose to balb/c mice and was evaluated for its ability to restore damages induced by ZEN...
- Characterization of two polyketide synthase genes involved in zearalenone biosynthesis in Gibberella zeaeIffa Gaffoor
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:1793-9. 2006b>Zearalenone, a mycotoxin produced by several Fusarium spp., is most commonly found as a contaminant in stored grain and has chronic estrogenic effects on mammals...
- The antigenotoxic activities of cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica) cladodes against the mycotoxin zearalenone in Balb/c mice: prevention of micronuclei, chromosome aberrations and DNA fragmentationLazhar Zorgui
Research Unit of Macromolecular Biochemistry and Genetics, Faculty of Sciences of Gafsa, 2112 Gafsa, Tunisia
Food Chem Toxicol 47:662-7. 2009b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a potent estrogenic metabolite. Evidence of its cytotoxicity and genotoxicity has recently emerged from several reports...
- Application of a new anti-zearalenone monoclonal antibody in different immunoassay formatsNatalia A Burmistrova
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Laboratory of Food Analysis, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:1301-7. 2009Monoclonal antibodies against zearalenone (ZEA) were raised in mice according to the hybridoma technology and applied in different immunochemical techniques...
- Heterologous expression of Arabidopsis UDP-glucosyltransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for production of zearalenone-4-O-glucosideBrigitte Poppenberger
Institute of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology, Department of Applied Plant Sciences and Plant Biotechnology, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4404-10. 2006b>Zearalenone, a secondary metabolite produced by several plant-pathogenic fungi of the genus Fusarium, has high estrogenic activity in vertebrates...
- Fusarium species complex and mycotoxins in grain maize from maize hybrid trials and from grower's fieldsB Dorn
Agroscope Reckenholz Tanikon Research Station ART, Zurich, Switzerland
J Appl Microbiol 111:693-706. 2011....
- Effects of mycotoxins on cytokine production and proliferation in EL-4 thymoma cellsM L Marin
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1224, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health 48:379-96. 1996..Although A570 was unaffected by either zearalenone or alpha-zearalenol exposure, both IL-2 and IL-5 levels were significantly elevated by these toxins at 5 or 10 ..
- Simultaneous determination of trichothecene mycotoxins and zearalenone in cereals by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryT Tanaka
Department of Food Chemistry, Kobe Institute of Health, Japan
J Chromatogr A 882:23-8. 2000Trichothecene mycotoxins are commonly distributed in crop fields in the world, and zearalenone has been found in cereals...
- Catechol metabolites of the mycotoxin zearalenone are poor substrates but potent inhibitors of catechol-O-methyltransferaseErika Pfeiffer
Institute of Applied Biosciences, Unit of Food Toxicology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany
Mycotoxin Res 29:177-83. 2013The mycotoxin zearalenone (ZEN) elicits estrogenic effects and is biotransformed to two catechol metabolites, in analogy to the endogenous steroidal estrogen 17ß-estradiol (E2)...
- Soybean isoflavone reduces the residue of zearalenone in the muscle and liver of prepubertal giltsD F Wang
Tropical Crops Genetic Resources Institute, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Ministry of Agriculture, Danzhou, Hainan 571737, PR China
Animal 7:699-703. 2013The aim of the present study was to evaluate the protective effects of isoflavone (ISO) against zearalenone (ZEA) residues in the muscle and liver tissues of prepubertal gilts...
- An immunochemical test for rapid screening of zearalenone and T-2 toxinEvgenia Yu Basova
Chemistry Faculty, Department of Common and Inorganic Chemistry, Saratov State University, Astrakhanskaya 83, 410012, Saratov, Russia
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:55-62. 2010An immunochemically based test for non-instrumental simultaneous detection of zearalenone (ZEA) and T-2 toxin (T2) in feed was developed...
- Endocrine disrupting effects of zearalenone, alpha- and beta-zearalenol at the level of nuclear receptor binding and steroidogenesisC Frizzell
Institute of Agri food and Land Use, School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
Toxicol Lett 206:210-7. 2011The mycotoxin zearalenone (ZEN) is a secondary metabolite of fungi which is produced by certain species of the genus Fusarium and can occur in cereals and other plant products...
- Multi-component immunochromatographic assay for simultaneous detection of aflatoxin B1, ochratoxin A and zearalenone in agro-foodXin Li
Oil Crops Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Wuhan 430062, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 49:426-32. 2013..Aflatoxin B1 (AFB1), ochratoxin A (OTA) and zearalenone (ZEA) commonly occur in food and feed...
- The combination of deoxynivalenol and zearalenone at permitted feed concentrations causes serious physiological effects in young pigsFeng Chen
College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, PR China
J Vet Sci 9:39-44. 2008This study was to investigate the effects of the combination of deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) on pigs...
- Natural contamination of dietary rice straw with zearalenone and urinary zearalenone concentrations in a cattle herdH Hasunuma
Laboratory of Farm Animal Production Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 0064, Japan
J Anim Sci 90:1610-6. 2012The present study was conducted to 1) identify the natural source of feed contamination by zearalenone (ZEN), which was suspected to have caused persistently increased urinary ZEN concentrations in one of our experimental cattle herds, ..
- Enzymatic synthesis of resorcylic acid lactones by cooperation of fungal iterative polyketide synthases involved in hypothemycin biosynthesisHui Zhou
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:4530-1. 2010..We show that the starter-unit:ACP transacylase (SAT) of Hpm3 is critical for crosstalk between the two enzymes and that the rate of biosynthesis of 1 is determined by the rate of hexaketide formation by Hpm8...
- The effect of zearalenone on some enzymatic parameters in rabbitsE Conková
University of Veterinary Medicine, Komenskeho 73, 041 81, Kosice, Slovakia
Toxicol Lett 121:145-9. 2001The effects of low (10 microg/kg b.w.) and high (100 microg/kg b.w.) doses of mycotoxin-zearalenone on selected blood serum enzyme activities of aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP),..
- Transgenerational toxicity of Zearalenone in pigsEric J Schoevers
Department of Farm Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 104, 3584 CM, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reprod Toxicol 34:110-9. 2012b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a mycotoxin that can be a contaminant of food and feed commodities. ZEN acts as a xenoestrogen and is considered an endocrine disruptor...
- Metabolism of zearalenone in the course of beer fermentationKohei Mizutani
Asahi Breweries, Ltd, Analytical Technology Laboratory, 1 1 21, Midori, Moriya, Ibaraki, Japan
Toxins (Basel) 3:134-41. 2011b>Zearalenone (ZON) is a mycotoxin with estrogenic activity, produced by members of Fusarium species, and is found worldwide in a number of cereal crops...
- Co-occurrence of aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2, zearalenone and fumonisin B1 in Brazilian cornE A Vargas
Ministry of Agriculture and Supply, Laboratory for Mycotoxin Analysis, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Food Addit Contam 18:981-6. 2001..The samples were analysed for aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2, zearalenone and fumonisin B1 using in-house validated methods...
- Changes in the spleen and liver of pregnant sows and full-term piglets after feeding diets naturally contaminated with deoxynivalenol and zearalenoneU Tiemann
Unit of Reproductive Biology, FBN Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Vet J 176:188-96. 2008Wheat contaminated naturally with the Fusarium toxins deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) was fed to pregnant Landrace sows for 35days...
- Comparative study of toxic effects of zearalenone and its two major metabolites alpha-zearalenol and beta-zearalenol on cultured human Caco-2 cellsS Abid-Essefi
Laboratoire de Recherche sur les Substances Biologiquement Compatibles, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Monastir, Tunisia
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 23:233-43. 2009b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a fusarotoxin converted predominantly into alpha-zearalenol (alpha-Zol) and beta-zearalenol (beta-Zol) by hepatic hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases...
- Development of a liquid chromatography/time-of-flight mass spectrometric method for the simultaneous determination of trichothecenes, zearalenone and aflatoxins in foodstuffsHiroki Tanaka
Division of Microbiology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:1422-8. 2006..fusarenon X, 3-acetyldeoxynivalenol, 15-acetyldeoxynivalenol, HT-2 toxin, T-2 toxin, diacetoxyscirpenol, zearalenone) and Aspergillus mycotoxins (aflatoxin B1, aflatoxin B2, aflatoxin G1, aflatoxin G2) in corn, wheat, cornflakes ..
- Efficacy of a mycotoxin binder against dietary fumonisin, deoxynivalenol, and zearalenone in ratsZhiyi Qiang
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Agric Food Chem 59:7527-33. 2011..mycotoxin binder, Grainsure E, would inhibit adverse effects of a mixture of fumonisin B1, deoxynivalenol, and zearalenone in rats. For 14 and 28 days, 8-10 Sprague-Dawley rats were fed control diet, Grainsure E (0...
- Effects of feeding diets contaminated with Fusarium mycotoxins on blood biochemical parameters of broiler chickensZita Faixová
University of Veterinary Medicine, Komenskeho 73, 04181 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Acta Vet Hung 58:275-85. 2010This study was conducted to investigate the effects of deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZEA) on some biochemical indices of broiler chickens...
- One-step simultaneous immunochromatographic strip test for multianalysis of ochratoxin a and zearalenoneWon Bo Shim
Division of Applied Life Science Brain Korea 21 Program, Graduate School of Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 19:83-92. 2009Individual immunochromatographic assays (ICG) for ochratoxin A (OTA) and zearalenone (ZEA) were optimized and used in the development of a one-step simultaneous immunochromatographic assay (OS-ICG) for the rapid multianalysis of two ..
- Determination of aflatoxins and zearalenone in different culture mediaDante Javier Bueno
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
Methods Mol Biol 268:133-7. 2004..The most important toxins for humans are aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, fumonisins, certain trichothecenes, and zearalenone. Aflatoxins are fungal metabolites produced by different Aspergillus species: A. flavus, A. parasiticus, and A...
- Biotransformation of the mycotoxin, zearalenone, to a non-estrogenic compound by a fungal strain of Clonostachys spHideaki Kakeya
Antibiotics Laboratory, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:2723-6. 2002..We found that Clonostachys rosea IFO 7063 was effectively capable of converting zearalenone (1) to cleavage product (2), 1-(3,5-dihydroxyphenyl)-10'-hydroxy-1'E-undecene-6'-one...
- On the interactions between Fusarium toxin-contaminated wheat and non-starch-polysaccharide hydrolysing enzymes in turkey diets on performance, health and carry-over of deoxynivalenol and zearalenoneS Danicke
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Federal Agricultural Research Centre, Braunschweig FAL, Braunschweig, Celle, Germany
Br Poult Sci 48:39-48. 2007..Dietary deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) concentrations were successively increased up to approximately 5.4 and 0.04 mg/kg, respectively. 2...
- Oestrogenic mycotoxin exposures and precocious pubertal developmentF Massart
Pediatric Endocrine Center, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Int J Androl 33:369-76. 2010..Thus, they can dysregulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis potentially affecting human puberty timing. Zearalenone (ZEA) is a non-steroidal mycotoxin produced by Fusarium species on several grains...
- Effect of zearalenone treatment on the production of wheat haploids via the maize pollination systemJ Biesaga-Kościelniak
Department of Plant Physiology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow, Poland
Plant Cell Rep 21:1035-9. 2003The ability of zearalenone (ZEN) to stimulate the growth of haploid wheat embryos formed following the pollination of wheat spikes with maize pollen was tested...
- Physiologically based pharmacokinetics of zearalenoneBeom Soo Shin
College of Pharmacy, Catholic University of Daegu, Gyeongsan si, Gyeongbuk, Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 72:1395-405. 2009The objectives of this study were to (1) develop physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models for zearalenone following intravenous (i.v.) and oral (p.o...
- Incidence of trichothecenes and zearalenone in poultry feed mixtures from SlovakiaRoman Labuda
Department of Microbiology, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Nitra, Slovak Republic
Int J Food Microbiol 105:19-25. 2005..mixtures of Slovakian origin were analyzed for eight toxicologically significant Fusarium mycotoxins, namely zearalenone (ZON), A-trichothecenes: diacetoxyscirpenol (DAS), T-2 toxin (T-2) and HT-2 toxin (HT-2) and B-trichothecenes: ..
- Preparative enzymatic synthesis of glucuronides of zearalenone and five of its metabolitesDavid E Stevenson
HortResearch Ltd, Ruakura Research Centre, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Agric Food Chem 56:4032-8. 2008The resorcylic acid lactones zearalenone ( 1), alpha-zearalenol ( 2), beta-zearalenol ( 3), alpha-zearalanol (zeranol) ( 4), beta-zearalanol (taleranol) ( 5), and zearalanone ( 6) were converted to their glucuronides on a preparative ..
- The role of oxidative stress in zearalenone-mediated toxicity in Hep G2 cells: oxidative DNA damage, gluthatione depletion and stress proteins inductionWafa Hassen
Laboratory of Research on Biologically Compatible Compounds, Faculty of Dentistry, Rue Avicenne, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Toxicology 232:294-302. 2007b>Zearalenone (ZEN) is a fusarial mycotoxin with several adverse effects in laboratory and domestic animals including mainly estrogenicity...
- Metal ions modulate gene expression and accumulation of the mycotoxins aflatoxin and zearalenoneR Cuero
Prairie View A and M University, CARC, Texas A and M University System, Prairie View, TX 77446, USA
J Appl Microbiol 98:598-605. 2005To determine the modulating action of some metal ions (Zn+2, Fe+2, Cu+2) on gene expression of enzymes related to fungal growth and accumulation of the mycotoxins aflatoxin and zearalenone.
- Effects of graded levels of Fusarium-toxin-contaminated wheat in Pekin duck diets on performance, health and metabolism of deoxynivalenol and zearalenoneS Danicke
Institute of Animal Nutrition, Federal Agricultural Research Centre, Braunschweig FAL, Braunschweig, Germany
Br Poult Sci 45:264-72. 2004..Dietary deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZON) concentrations were successively increased up to 6 to 7 mg/kg and 0.05 to 0.06 mg/kg, respectively. 2...
- Fusarium mycotoxins and ochratoxin A in cereals and cereal products: results from the Bavarian Health and Food Safety Authority in 2004Gabriele Engelhardt
Bavarian Health and Food Safety Authority, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:401-5. 2006..contamination of cereals and cereal products from the Bavarian market with the mycotoxins deoxynivalenol (DON), zearalenone (ZEA), and ochratoxin A (OTA) and of maize meal and semolina with fumonisins (FUM) in the year 2004 are ..
- Determination of zearalenone and its metabolites in endometrial cancer by coupled separation techniquesRenata Gadzała-Kopciuch
Department of Environmental Chemistry and Bioanalytics, Faculty of Chemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, 7 Gagarin St, 87 100 Torun, Poland
Anal Bioanal Chem 401:2069-78. 2011This study presents a selective method of isolation of zearalenone (ZON) and its metabolite, α-zearalenol (α-ZOL), in neoplastically changed human tissue by accelerated solvent and ultrasonic extractions using a mixture of acetonitrile/..
- Improving methods of analysis for mycotoxins: molecularly imprinted polymers for deoxynivalenol and zearalenoneR Weiss
Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Chemical Technologies and Analytics, Getreidemarkt 9 151, A 1060 Vienna, Austria
Food Addit Contam 20:386-95. 2003Selective polymeric phases intended for future use in separation/extraction of deoxynivalenol and zearalenone from beverages have been prepared...
- Defining Estrogenic Regulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation and FunctionTrista E North; Fiscal Year: 2013..the specific effects of xenoestrogens (bisphenol A), dietary phytoestrogens (genistein), and mycoestrogens (zearalenone) during HSC formation;they will demonstrate that these effects are mediated by specific activation of estrogen ..
- ISU Vet-LIRN Collaborative Validation of Testing Methods on Animal Diagnostic SpeWILSON KIIZA RUMBEIHA; Fiscal Year: 2013..aflatoxins, Ractopamine, ionophores, ergot alkaloids, bromethalin, Cholecalciferol, selenium, coumesterol, zearalenone and cyanotoxins. In addition we agree to validate in our lab tests in which other labs have the most expertise...
- Fungal Polyketide Synthases and Environmental Toxin BiosynthesisCRAIG ARTHUR TOWNSEND; Fiscal Year: 2013..To the environmental carcinogen aflatoxin B1 can be added polyketide metabolites like T-2 toxin, zearalenone, fumonisin B, ochratoxin, patulin, citrinin and cercosporin...
- Method validation and comparison for the detection of mycotoxins in novel animalLisa Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..adapt and validate the use of the Charm ROSA-M reader for the analysis of priority mycotoxins (aflatoxins, DON, zearalenone, T-2/HT-2, fumonisins, and ochratoxin) in complex animal feeds and pet foods and compare its use to other ..
- Allosteric DNAzyme sensors for practical detection of mycotoxinsSCOTT SILVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..selectivity and sensitivity to the mycotoxin deoxynivalenol (DON) and other mycotoxins such as fumonisin B1, zearalenone (ZON), and aflatoxin B1; (2) Characterize and optimize the allosteric DNAzymes for toxin-sensing properties; ..
- NEURODEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL ESTROGENSGerald Audesirk; Fiscal Year: 2000..three substances belonging to very different categories of environmental estrogens: the fungal metabolite zearalenone, the PCB 3,3',4,4'- tetrachlorobiphenyl, and the alkylphenol 4-octylphenol...
- IGF-1, Oxidative Stress and Cardiovascular AgingJun Ren; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to establish the causal link among IGF-1 deficiency, enhanced oxidative damage and ventricular dysfunction in the progression of cardiovascular aging so that hormonal or antioxidant therapy can be optimized...
- Role of Acetaldehyde in Alcoholic CardiomyopathyJun Ren; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to establish the toxic mechanism of acetaldehyde in the development of alcoholic cardiomyopathy so that prevention and treatment can be optimized [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Phytoestrogens, alcohol, and endometrial cancer riskELISA BANDERA; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will provide the support and training the Candidate needs to develop an independent career in the nutritional epidemiology of cancer. ..
- ENDOTOXIN AND SUSCEPTIBILITY TO TRICHOTHECENE MYCOTOXINSJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2002..Over the long term, this research will provide insight into adverse immunologic consequences that may occur in LPS-exposed individuals who are exposed to environmental toxicants." ..
- DIETARY LIPIDS AND EXPERIMENTAL IGA NEPHROPATHYJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Soy phytoestrogen neuroprotection in cerebral ischemiaDEREK SCHREIHOFER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal seeks to provide critical new information about the ability of phytoestrogens to protect the brain from focal cerebral ischemia. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..