Summary: A histamine H1 antagonist used as the hydrogen fumarate in hay fever, rhinitis, allergic skin conditions, and pruritus. It causes drowsiness.
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Development and full validation of a sensitive quantitative assay for the determination of clemastine in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryZhiyong Xie
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assessment, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou 510080, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:924-30. 2007..chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) method was developed and validated for the determination of clemastine in human plasma...
- Structural elucidation of N-oxidized clemastine metabolites by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry and the use of Cunninghamella elegans to facilitate drug metabolite identificationAnnica Tevell Aberg
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:1447-56. 2010..In this paper we describe the use of C. elegans to aid the identification of clemastine metabolites since high concentrations of the metabolites were produced and MS(n) experiments were facilitated...
- A multicentre study of loratadine, clemastine and placebo in patients with perennial allergic rhinitisL Frølund
State University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Allergy 45:254-61. 1990..parallel-group study compared 3 weeks' treatment with either loratadine (Clarityn) 10 mg once daily, or clemastine (Tavegyl) 1 mg twice daily, and placebo in outpatients with active perennial allergic rhinitis...
- Risk of developing life-threatening ventricular arrhythmia associated with tefenadine in comparison with over-the-counter antihistamines, ibuprofen and clemastineC M Pratt
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Am J Cardiol 73:346-52. 1994..included terfenadine (n = 181,672), over-the-counter antihistamines (n = 150,689), ibuprofen (n = 181,672) and clemastine (Tavist; n = 83,156)...
- Allergen-induced increase in airway responsiveness is not inhibited by acute treatment with ketotifen or clemastineD W Cockcroft
Department of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Ann Allergy 68:245-50. 1992..A single-blind, crossover, random-order trial was conducted to compare ketotifen, clemastine, and placebo in six atopic subjects undergoing allergen inhalation tests...
- Effects of clemastine, ketotifen and prednisolone on chloroquine-induced pruritusB Abila
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
J Trop Med Hyg 92:356-9. 1989The effects of single doses of placebo, clemastine, ketotifen and prednisolone on chloroquine-induced pruritus were investigated in healthy black African volunteers using a visual analogue scale...
- Clemastine, a conventional antihistamine, is a high potency inhibitor of the HERG K+ channelJohn M Ridley
Department of Physiology and Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:107-18. 2006..This study investigated the effects on HERG channel current (IHERG) of clemastine, a "conventional" antihistamine that has been associated with delayed ventricular repolarization in vitro, but ..
- Clemastine potentiates the human P2X7 receptor by sensitizing it to lower ATP concentrationsWolfgang Nörenberg
Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:11067-81. 2011..Of these, clemastine markedly sensitized Ca(2+) entry through P2X7 to lower ATP concentrations...
- Dose reduction of steroid premedication for paclitaxel: no increase of hypersensitivity reactionsH Koppler
Praxis für Hämatologie und Onkologie, Neverstrasse 5, D 56058 Koblenz, Germany
Onkologie 24:283-5. 2001Premedication with dexamethasone, ranitidine and clemastine is mandatory for patients receiving paclitaxel to avoid hypersensitivity reactions. The proposed dexamethasone dose is 20 mg orally 12 and 6 h prior to paclitaxel infusion...
- Identification of some new clemastine metabolites in dog, horse, and human urine with liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryAnnica Tevell
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Uppsala University, BMC, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:2267-72. 2004The metabolism of clemastine was studied in dogs, horses, and humans after a single dose of Tavegyl...
- Placebo controlled comparison of acute effects of ebastine and clemastine on performance and EEGH Hopes
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Laboratory for Experimental Psychopharmacology, E Merck, Darmstadt, FRG
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 42:55-9. 1992The effects of single oral doses of 10 and 20 mg ebastine were compared with placebo and 2 mg clemastine in a double-blind cross-over study in 16 healthy male volunteers...
- Clinical evaluation of ketotifen for chronic urticaria: multicenter double-blind comparative study with clemastineR Kamide
Department of Dermatology, Jikei University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Allergy 62:322-5. 1989A double-blind study was performed in 305 patients to compare ketotifen capsule and clemastine tablet. Ketotifen alleviated eruption and itching to a significantly greater extent than clemastine...
- Safety and efficacy of terfenadine/pseudoephedrine versus clemastine/phenylpropanolamine in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisA T Segal
Allergy Associates Research, Dallas, Texas
Ann Allergy 70:389-94. 1993..of terfenadine, 60 mg (immediate-release)/pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, 120 mg (controlled-release) (T/Ps) and clemastine fumarate, 1...
- [Emergency checklist: angioedema]H S Füeessl
Leiter Somatischer Ouerschnittsbereich, Isar Amper Klinikum, Klinikum München Ost, Ringstr 33a, D 85540 Haar
MMW Fortschr Med 149:33. 2007
- Spectrophotometric determination of some histamine H1-antagonists drugs in their pharmaceutical preparationsWafaa S Hassan
Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:245-55. 2008..g., chlorphenoxamine hydrochloride (CPX), diphenhydramine hydrochloride (DPH) and clemastine (CMT) in bulk and in their pharmaceutical formulations...
- [Diagnostic image (283). A man with a swollen tongue]M Oosterloo
Centrale Spoedopvang, Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:1617. 2006..A 70-year-old man presented with a swollen tongue caused by an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor...
- Role of histamine receptors in the regulation of edema and circulation postburnJohanna Räntfors
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Burns 29:769-77. 2003..We used the selective antagonists clemastine (H(1)), ranitidine (H(2)), thioperamide (H(3)) and the selective H(3) receptor agonist, imetit...
- Anti-oedematous action of some H1-receptor antagonistsG Blazso
Institute of Pharmacodynamics, Albert Szent Györgyi, Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Agents Actions 42:13-8. 1994..was used to study the effects of orally administered H1-receptor antagonists (cetirizine, chloropyramine, clemastine, cyproheptadine, dimethindene, loratadine, mequitazine and terfenadine) on the inflammation induced with ..
- Acrivastine. A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in allergic rhinitis, urticaria and related disordersR N Brogden
ADIS Drug Information Services, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 41:927-40. 1991..Acrivastine was more effective than placebo and similar in efficacy to clemastine or terfenadine in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis...
- Evaluation of efficacy and sedative profiles of H(1) antihistamines by large-scale surveillance using the visual analogue scale (VAS)Norimasa Izumi
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Japan
Allergol Int 57:257-63. 2008..However, it is not easy to obtain these parameters. Here, we sought to evaluate the sedative properties of H(1) antihistamines by means of a large-scale surveillance at health insurance pharmacies...
- Pharmacological prevention of serious anaphylactic reactions due to iodinated contrast media: systematic reviewMartin R Tramer
Division of Anaesthesiology, Geneva University Hospitals, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
BMJ 333:675. 2006..To review the efficacy of pharmacological prevention of serious reactions to iodinated contrast media...
- Acrivastine in seasonal allergic rhinitis: two randomized crossover studies to evaluate efficacy and safetyT G Gibbs
Wellcome Research Laboratories, Beckenham, UK
J Int Med Res 16:413-9. 1988..The other study found the higher dosage regimen to be similar in efficacy to 1 mg clemastine given three times daily...
- Inhibitory effect of olopatadine hydrochloride on the sneezing response induced by intranasal capsaicin challenge in guinea pigsT Kaise
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Sunto gun, Shizuoka, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 86:258-61. 2001..The antihistamines chlorpheniramine and clemastine did not affect the responses...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of low-intensity extremely high-frequency electromagnetic radiation: frequency and power dependenceA B Gapeyev
Institute of Cell Biophysics of Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Bioelectromagnetics 29:197-206. 2008..Combined action of antihistamine clemastine and EHF EMR exposure caused a dose-dependent abolishment of the anti-inflammatory effect of EHF EMR...
- Simultaneous screening and quantitation of 18 antihistamine drugs in blood by liquid chromatography ionspray tandem mass spectrometryM Gergov
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Helsinki, P O Box 40, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Forensic Sci Int 121:108-15. 2001..The limits for identification by Product Ion Spectra were also lower than C(max), except for clemastine, which has exceptionally low concentrations in blood...
- Capillary gas chromatographic determination of phenylpropanolamine in pharmaceutical preparationK Abbasi
National Center of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:998-1001. 2006..0 microg/ml. The method was used for the determination of PPA from Sinutab and Tavegyl-D tablets. The relative standard deviation (R.S.D.) for the analysis of pharmaceutical preparation was obtained within 0.4-0.9%...
- Antihistamine effects on actual driving performance in a standard test: a summary of Dutch experience, 1989-94J F O'Hanlon
Institute for Human Psychopharmacology, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Allergy 50:234-42. 1995..driving performance of "sedating" and "nonsedating" antihistamines (respectively, triprolidine, diphenhydramine, clemastine and terfenadine, loratadine, cetirizine, acrivastine, mizolastine, and ebastine)...
- [Appearance diagnosis. Facial shingles]Petra Mehling
MMW Fortschr Med 146:60. 2004
- Determination of clemastine in human plasma by gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorus detectionN N Davydova
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 744:177-81. 2000A method for the quantitative determination of clemastine in human plasma has been developed and validated. The assay uses gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorus detection and a HP-1 capillary column (25 mx0.22 mm, film thickness 0...
- Serious allergic reaction to administration of epirubicinR Oltmans
Department of Internal Medicine, Mesos Medical Centre, van Heuven Goedhartlaan 1, 3527 CE Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 61:226-7. 2003..Treatment with clemastine 2 mg iv caused a quick recovery and after 24 hours there was only a slight redness of the face...
- Simultaneous determination of ten antihistamine drugs in human plasma using pipette tip solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometryChika Hasegawa
Department of Legal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:537-43. 2006..diphenylpyraline, triprolidine, promethazine, homochlorcyclizine, cyproheptadine, cloperastine and clemastine, have been found to be extractable from human plasma samples using MonoTip C18 tips, inside which C18- bonded ..
- Docetaxel and cisplatin in metastatic urothelial cancer: a phase II studyL Sengeløv
Department of Oncology, Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 16:3392-7. 1998..We performed a phase II study in which docetaxel was combined with cisplatin to evaluate response rate, toxicity, and survival...
- Itch and skin rash from chocolate during fluoxetine and sertraline treatment: case reportJonas Cederberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, Uppsala Academic Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 4:36. 2004..Serotonin can also cause pruritus when injected into the skin. SSRI-drugs increase serotonin concentrations and are known to have pruritus and other dermal side effects...
- [Multilocular painful urticarial plaques. Eosinophilic cellulitis (Wells syndrome)]P Bützberger Zimmerli
Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Aarau
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:1831-5. 2004
- Binding of histamine-albumin conjugates to human lymphocytes: evidence for labelling of histamine H-1 but not H-2 receptorsT Hallberg
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, Sweden
Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand C 95:199-205. 1987..The histamine H-1 receptor antagonists clemastine, mepyramine, and diphenhydramine efficiently inhibited lymphocyte binding of the histamine-albumin conjugate ..
- Pretreatment synovial transcriptional profile is associated with early and late clinical response in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with rituximabVanessa E Hogan
Musculoskeletal Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1888-94. 2012..The authors aimed to develop a gene expression signature in synovial tissue that could enrich clinical response of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients to rituximab...
- [Progress of study on antitumor effects of antibody dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity--review]Yu Hua Qu
Department of Pediatrics, Sun Yet Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yet Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1370-5. 2010..Avoiding use of certain drugs (dexamethasone, TNF antagonist) or appropriately using of ondansetron and clemastine also can enhance the anti-tumor effect of ADCC mediated by monoclonal antibodies...
- Mast cell degranulation as a major event in the effector phase of delayed-type hypersensitivity induced by cloned helper T cellsP Herrmann
Preclinical Research, Sandoz Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol 86:102-5. 1988..These results suggest a local and systemic cascade in DTH which depends on mast cell degranulation for its full expression...
- Antagonists of PAF and histamine inhibit ouabain-induced cardiac arrhythmias in sensitized guinea-pigsH J Mest
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Martin Luther University, Halle, GDR
Pol J Pharmacol Pharm 42:283-9. 1990..Antagonists of PAF (BN 52021, WEB 2086, WEB 2170) and histamine antagonist clemastine can increase the threshold dose of ouabain-induced arrhythmia...
- Kinetic aspects of hollow fiber liquid-phase microextraction and electromembrane extractionAstrid Gjelstad
School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Anal Chim Acta 742:10-6. 2012..electromembrane extraction (EME) with the basic drugs droperidol, haloperidol, nortriptyline, clomipramine, and clemastine as model analytes...
- Medication with antihistamines impairs allergen-specific immunotherapy in miceP Johansen
Unit for Experimental Immunotherapy, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Exp Allergy 38:512-9. 2008..Histamine released from activated mast cells and basophils is an important mediator in allergy. Therefore, antihistamines are efficiently and widely used to suppress allergic symptoms...
- Impact of CYP2D6*10 on H1-antihistamine-induced hypersomniaJunji Saruwatari
Division of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Oe honmachi 5 1, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:995-1001. 2006..This study investigated the relevance of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 genotype to the adverse drug reactions (ADRs) of H1-antihistamines and the level of sedation...
- Psoriasis following growth hormone therapy in a childOzgur Pirgon
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 41:157-60. 2007..To report a case of psoriasis that developed following growth hormone treatment...
- Histamine and allergen induced changes in nasal airways resistance measured by anterior rhinomanometry: reproducibility of the technique and the effect of topically administered antihistaminic and anti-allergic drugsO J Corrado
Academic Department of Respiratory Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London
Br J Clin Pharmacol 24:283-92. 1987..5. The effects of sodium cromoglycate (SCG), clemastine and ketotifen administered to the nasal mucosa 30 min before provocation with histamine and allergen were ..
- Role of histamine in the chemotactic deactivation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes following incubation with formylmethionyl peptidesT Bury
Department of Respiratory Medicine, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Belgium
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 97:109-14. 1992..These results show that histamine which is released during leukocyte incubation with FMP, contributes, at least in part, to the chemotactic deactivation of PMN...
- Synthesis of (-)-(S,S)-clemastine by invertive N --> C aryl migration in a lithiated carbamateAnne M Fournier
School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Org Lett 12:2222-5. 2010The first enantioselective synthesis of the antihistamine agent clemastine, as its (S,S)-stereoisomer, has been achieved by ether formation between a proline-derived chloroethylpyrrolidine and an enantiomerically enriched tertiary alcohol...
- Inhibition of mast cell degranulation-induced drop of blood pressure with clemastine, cromolyn and compound 48/80 pretreatmentL Peternel
Drug Discovery, Lek Pharmaceuticals d d, 1526, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Inflamm Res 55:S07-8. 2006
- Efficacy and safety of clemastine-pseudoephedrine-acetaminophen versus pseudoephedrine-acetaminophen in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis in a 1-day, placebo-controlled park studyEli O Meltzer
Allergy and Asthma Medical Group and Research Center, San Diego, California, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 90:79-86. 2003..Patients with allergic rhinitis have a wide range of symptoms that are often treated with oral combination products that contain antihistamines, decongestants, and analgesics...
- Why aren't lower, effective, OTC doses available earlier by prescription?Jay S Cohen
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:136-42. 2003..Yet, if OTC doses are effective for treating mild symptoms, why weren't these low, often safer doses made available at least by prescription when the drugs were first approved?..
- Randomized trial of single agent paclitaxel given weekly versus every three weeks and with peroral versus intravenous steroid premedication to patients with ovarian cancer previously treated with platinumPer Rosenberg
Department of Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 41:418-24. 2002..Weekly paclitaxel at a dose of 67 mg/m2/week was found to have a better safety profile and seemed to be as effective as the equivalently dosed schedule every 3 weeks. Intravenous steroids are a safe alternative to oral steroids...
- Evaluation of the separation mechanism of electrokinetic chromatography with a microemulsion and cyclodextrins using NMR and molecular modelingFabrizio Melani
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
Electrophoresis 32:3062-9. 2011..The above dual cyclodextrin-microemulsion system was previously used in the separation of clemastine and its related substances and was prepared by the addition of methyl-β-cyclodextrin (MβCD) and heptakis(2,6-..
- [Angioneurotic orolingual edema associated with the use of rt-PA following a stroke]R Laubinger
Klinik für Anaesthesie und operative Intensivtherapie, Südharz Krankenhaus, Nordhausen
Anaesthesist 56:1024-7. 2007..It was possible to avoid intubation and ventilation in both cases. Therapy with ranitidine, clemastine, and a C1 esterase inhibitor resulted in the resolution of symptomatic angioneurotic edema within hours.
- Fatal outcome of a hypersensitivity reaction to paclitaxel: a critical review of premedication regimensJ S Kloover
Department of Pulmonology, Erasmus MC, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 90:304-5. 2004..The level of evidence supporting the short-course i.v. premedication schedule is challenged, as it is not compatible with the pharmacokinetic properties of dexamethasone...
- Antihistamines and driving ability: evidence from on-the-road driving studies during normal trafficJoris C Verster
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Psychopharmacology, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:294-303; quiz 303-5, 355. 2004..All antihistamines are capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier and thus may cause sedation. Most antihistamine users are ambulatory patients and therefore presumably drive a car...
- Dermatopathic lymphadenopathy: a differential diagnosis of enlarged lymph nodes in uremic pruritusT H Westhoff
Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik IV, Nephrology, Hindenburgamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Clin Nephrol 66:472-5. 2006..In the present work we describe a rare but probably underdiagnosed cause for enlarged lymph nodes in uremic patients...
- Influence of immunomodulatory drugs on the cytotoxicity induced by monoclonal antibody 17-1A and interleukin-2Dimitri Flieger
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Universitat Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Cell Immunol 246:26-33. 2007..Ondansetron, a 5-HT-3 serotonin receptor antagonist augmented significantly ADCC. Clemastine, a histamine type-2 receptor antagonist augmented the IL-2-induced-ADCC...
- [Tolerance to coxibs in patients with intolerance to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)]S Boehncke
Zentrum der Inneren Medizin, Abteilung Endokrinologie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2249-52. 2005..We studied tolerability of valdecoxib preferentially inhibitng cyclooxygenase-2 in patients with a history of intolerance to NSAIDs...
- Rituximab treatment in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome: an open-label phase II studyJ Pijpe
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 52:2740-50. 2005....
- High-performance liquid chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric method for the determination of clemastine in human plasmaViola Horvath
Research Group of Technical Analytical Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Gellert ter 4, Budapest H 1111, Hungary
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 816:153-9. 2005..liquid chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric method (HPLC-MS-MS) has been developed to quantitate clemastine in human plasma for the purpose of pharmacokinetic studies...
- Stereoselective synthesis of (-)-hydroxyclemastine as a versatile intermediate for the H1 receptor antagonist clemastineJung Wha Jung
College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul 140 742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:1521-5. 2007Hydroxyclemastine was targeted as a versatile analogue of clemastine with H1 receptor antagonist activity...
- [Chikungunya: fever and joint pains after vacation in a tropical area]G Ahrenstorf
Klinik für Immunologie und Rheumatologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:406-8. 2008..He had a temperature of 38.6 C and painful swellings of both talocalcanean joints...
- Histamine upregulates keratinocyte MMP-9 production via the histamine H1 receptorMaria Gschwandtner
Department of Dermatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 128:2783-91. 2008..agonist beta-histine-but not agonists for H(2)R, H(3)R, and H(4)R-induced MMP-9, whereas the H(1)R antagonist clemastine blocked the effect in a dose-dependent manner...
- Interstitial granulomatous dermatitis with arthritisAsli Altaykan
Department of Dermatology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Hum Pathol 35:892-4. 2004..Herein we describe a case of interstitial granulomatous dermatitis with arthritis without the rope sign. The present case supports the idea that interstitial granulomatous dermatitis with arthritis may have variable clinical appearances...
- Clinical pharmacology of clemastine in healthy dogsH Hansson
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Box 7037, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Dermatol 15:152-8. 2004The pharmacokinetic properties of clemastine were investigated in six healthy dogs and compared with the effect of the drug recorded as inhibition of wheal formation induced by intradermal injections of histamine...
- [Severe adverse event following iv administration of 10 ml 6% Dextran60 (0.6 g) in a healthy volunteer]G Lehmann
Institut für Experimentelle Anästhesiologie der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt, Germany
Anaesthesist 51:820-4. 2002..e. 0.6 g) are infused. This is becoming more and more important due to the increasing use of "small volume resuscitation", solutions containing dextran (RescueFlow((R)), Biophausia AB, Uppsala, Schweden) or cryoconservation with dextran...
- [Comparative antihistamine and anti-allergic effects of various antihistamine preparations]D G Fridliand
Ter Arkh 74:67-72. 2002....
- Fexofenadine's effects, alone and with alcohol, on actual driving and psychomotor performanceA Vermeeren
Institute for Human Psychopharmacology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 101:306-11. 1998..Fexofenadine is the hydrochloride salt of terfenadine's active metabolite...
- Toxic pustuloderma associated with clemastine therapyA Feind-Koopmans
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Dermatol 21:293-5. 1996..A case of toxic pustuloderma following treatment with the antihistamine clemastine is now reported.
- The pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of clemastine and phenylpropanolamine in single-component and combination formulationsH F Schran
Drug Safety Department, Sandoz Research Institute, New Jersey 07936, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 36:911-22. 1996..subjects per study) to examine the following: pharmacokinetics and dose proportionality of the antihistamine clemastine; the effect of coadministration of phenylpropanolamine and clemastine on the pharmacokinetics of the two drugs; ..
- The influence of antihistamines on human performanceA W Gaillard
TNO Institute for Perception, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 35:249-53. 1988..In Experiment I the subjects were treated orally with loratadine 10 mg, clemastine 1 mg, terfenadine 60 mg, or placebo...
- [Biomimetic oxidation of clemastine hydrogen fumarate]L Frohlich
Institut fur Pharmazie, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Pharmazie 51:409-14. 1996The reaction of clemastine fumarate (1) with the biomimetic system manganese(III)-5,10,15,20-tetrakis(pentafluoro-water...
- Effects of loratadine on postural controlT Ledin
Department of ENT, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 520:310-2. 1995..Loratadine is a new antihistamine without sedative effects. In this study, loratadine 10 and 40 mg daily, clemastine 2 mg twice daily and placebo were evaluated in 8 healthy subjects in terms of effects on equilibrium as measured ..
- [The irritant effect of dithranol using capillary resistance measurement]L Kemeny
Dermatologische Klinik der Albert Szent Györgyi Medizinischen Universität Szeged
Z Hautkr 64:34-40. 1989..was prevented or at least reduced, if the patients had previously been treated with either the antihistamine clemastine or the cyclooxygenase-inhibitor indomethacin...
- Pharmacological studies on dithranol-induced irritative dermatitis in miceL Kemeny
Department of Dermatology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Arch Dermatol Res 281:362-5. 1989..The cyclooxygenase inhibitor indomethacin, the antihistamine clemastine, and the anti-oxidant superoxide dismutase also proved to be effective in the reduction of the dermatitis...
- [Anaphylaxis caused by chlorhexidine following cystoscopy or urethral catheterization]L E Visser
Bureau Bijwerkingen Geneesmiddelen, Rijswijk
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 138:778-80. 1994..Although this adverse reaction is probably rare, medical practitioners should be aware of the possibility that a severe anaphylactic reaction may occur during use of these products...
- A comparison of acrivastine versus clemastine and placebo in the treatment of patients with chronic idiopathic urticariaF Leyh
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Lubeck Klinik, FRG
J Int Med Res 17:22B-24B. 1989..crossover study to investigate the efficacy of acrivastine at two doses (8 mg and 4 mg) versus 1 mg clemastine and placebo, given three times per day...
- Effects of two antihistamines on chloroquine and histamine induced weal and flare in healthy African volunteersB Abila
Department of Pharmacology, College of Health Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 23:139-42. 1994This study investigated the effects of single doses of clemastine (2mg orally), mepyramine (2 micrograms intradermally) and placebo on weal and flare caused by intradermal chloroquine 2...
- Histamine affects release and biosynthesis of opioid peptides primarily via H1-receptors in bovine chromaffin cellsM Bommer
Department of Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institut fur Psychiatrie, Martinsried, F R G
J Neurochem 49:1688-96. 1987..changes in peptide cell content, proenkephalin A mRNA levels) are antagonized by the H1-receptor antagonist, clemastine, whereas the H2-receptor antagonists, ranitidine and cimetidine, were less effective (approximately 20% ..
- [Clemastine metabolites in the feces and urine of the rat]B Göber
Sektion Chemie, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Pharmazie 44:847-51. 1989After oral application of clemastine [(1), (+)-2-(2-[1-(4-chlorophenyl)-1-phenylethoxy]-ethyl)-1-methylpyrrol idine- hydrogenfumarate], to rats (200 mg/kg) 18 phase I- and II-metabolites have been detected and isolated from urine and ..
- Comparative two-phase clinicopharmacological trial of a new antihistaminic, EGYT-2062, setastineZ Vezekenyi
First Department of Medicine, University Medical School, Pecs, Hungary
Acta Med Hung 44:55-64. 1987..A self-controlled blind study was performed. The reference compound was clemastine. Based on the results, for prolonged use a dose of 2 mg three times/day (t.i.d.) is recommended...
- Terfenadine in the treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria and atopic dermatitisN Hjorth
Department of Dermato venerology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cutis 42:29-30. 1988..with chronic idiopathic urticaria, terfenadine was found to be as effective as the traditional antihistamine clemastine in reducing the number of wheals and the severity of itch, without causing drowsiness...
- Schedule- and dose-intensified paclitaxel as weekly 1-hour infusion in pretreated solid tumors: results of a phase I/II trialT M Löffler
Städtische Kliniken Dortmund, Department of Medicine, Germany
Semin Oncol 23:32-4. 1996..Intravenous dexamethasone, cimetidine, clemastine, and ondansetron were administered immediately before the paclitaxel infusion...
- Paclitaxel and simultaneous radiation in locally advanced stage IIIA/B non-small cell lung cancer: a clinical phase I studyH G Vogt
Department of Radiation Medicine, Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Germany
Semin Oncol 23:120-3. 1996..Paclitaxel was administered as a 3-hour continuous intravenous infusion. Dexamethasone, clemastine, and ranitidine were given for hypersensitivity prophylaxis...
- [Stem cell factor production from cultured nasal epithelial cells--effect on SCF production by drugs]Mamoru Koyama
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 105:166-73. 2002..Cyclosporin, prednisolone, fluticasone, ketotifen, and clemastine inhibited SCF production from cultured epithelial cells, but cromoglicate and suplatast did not...
- Evaluation of several solid phase extraction liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry on-line configurations for high-throughput analysis of acidic and basic drugs in rat plasmaC R Mallet
Waters Corporations, 34 Maple St, Milford, MA 01757 3696, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:1075-83. 2001..The different configurations were tested using an acidic drug (diflunisal) and a basic drug (clemastine) in rat plasma. On-line analysis was performed by injecting 200 microL of diluted plasma...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric method for the determination of ethionamide in human plasma, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and alveolar cellsJ E Conte
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, 94117, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 753:343-53. 2001..The retention times for ethionamide, clemastine fumarate (internal standard for plasma), promethazine (internal standard for plasma) and propranolol (internal ..
- Administration of clemastine--H1 histamine receptor blocker in the prevention of haemodynamic disorders after protamine sulfate administration in patients subjected to coronary artery bypass grafting in extracorporeal circulationR Lango
Chair and Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 6:769-75. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine if clemastine can accelerate the normalisation of arterial blood pressure during the protamine administration after CPB during ..
- Exercise-induced anaphylaxis and urticariaA W Nichols
Department of Community and Family Medicine, University of California, School of Medicine, San Diego
Clin Sports Med 11:303-12. 1992..Prophylactic treatment includes exercise avoidance, abstention from coprecipitating foods and medications, pretreatment with antihistamines and cromolyn, and the induction of tolerance through regular exercise...
- [Incidence and clinical aspects of scombroid fish poisoning]R Maire
Medizinische Poliklinik, Departement fur Innere Medizin, Universitatsspital Zurich
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 122:1933-5. 1992..Most patients had erythema (87%), half complained of headache and one third had gastrointestinal symptoms. The clinical course was benign in all patients, and the symptoms had disappeared after a mean period of 8 hours...
- Itch and atopic dermatitis: clinical and experimental studiesC F Wahlgren
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol Suppl (Stockh) 165:1-53. 1991..randomized, placebo-controlled, cross-over study of 25 AD patients, the effect on clinical itch of a sedative (clemastine) and of a non-sedative (terfenadine) antihistamine did not differ from that of placebo, although both drugs had ..
- [Histamine release and cardiovascular reactions to implantation of bone cement during total hip replacement]M Tryba
Universitätsklinik für Anaesthesiologie, Intensiv und Schmerztherapie Bergmannsheil, Bochum
Anaesthesist 40:25-32. 1991..In this group, 10 patients were randomly assigned to receive 4 mg clemastine + 400 mg cimetidine i.v. about 15 min before implantation of the bone cement...
- Treatment of hay fever with loratadine--a new non-sedating antihistamineK Irander
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Allergy 45:86-91. 1990..sensitive to birch pollen, were randomized into three parallel groups receiving loratadine 40 mg once daily, clemastine 1 mg twice daily, or placebo during the birch pollen season...
- Paclitaxel and carboplatin in the treatment of small-cell lung cancer patients resistant to cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide: a non-cross-resistant scheduleH J Groen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 17:927-32. 1999..To evaluate the efficacy of paclitaxel and carboplatin (PC) in small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) patients resistant to cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide (CDE)...
- A review and investigation into the mechanistic basis of the genotoxicity of antihistaminesR D Snyder
Abbott Laboratories, D 468, AP13 A, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Mutat Res 411:235-48. 1998..g. triprolidine, chlorcyclizine, clemastine), possess a dimethylamino substituent suggesting the requirement for this cationic function in the genotoxicity...
- The mechanism of tachykinin-induced bronchoconstriction in the ratG F Joos
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital, State University of Ghent, Belgium
Am Rev Respir Dis 137:1038-44. 1988..properties, significantly reduced the bronchoconstriction induced by E, whereas the H1-receptor antagonist clemastine had no effect...
- Effect of antihistamines on interferon production by leukocytes from sensitized and non-sensitized miceH Szalaty
Department of Immunology of Infectious Diseases, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 36:269-72. 1988..The cells were induced for interferon production with Newcastle virus. It was shown that Tavegyl and Benzhydramine, both after in vivo and in vitro administration, inhibit interferon production, while Intal and Zaditen had no effect...
- Low dose clemastine inhibits sneezing and rhinorrhea during the early nasal allergic reactionJ H Chung
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 78:307-12. 1997b>Clemastine (1 mg) is currently available over-the-counter for the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
- Inhibition of histamine and allergen skin wheal by cetirizine in four animal speciesC De Vos
Research Centre, UCB Pharmaceutical Sector, Chemin du Foriest, Belgium
Ann Allergy 59:278-82. 1987..By the oral route, cetirizine had a more potent and longer acting activity than mepyramine, clemastine, terfenadine, astemizole, and hydroxyzine.
- Identification of urinary metabolites of clemastine after oral administration to manM H Choi
Bioanalysis and Biotransformation Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul
J Pharm Pharmacol 51:53-9. 1999The metabolism of clemastine, 2-[2-[1-(4-chlorophenyl)-1-phenylethoxylethyl])-1-methylpyrrolidin e, has been studied in three adult male volunteers after a single oral dose of 20 mg as the fumarate...
- IgA pemphigus occurring in a 1-month-old infantMasayuki Suzuki
Department of Dermatology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji Minamikawachimachi Kawachigun Tochigi, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:S22-4. 2003..Direct immunofluorescence showed IgA deposits in the intercellular space throughout the epidermis. Circulating anti-intercellular IgA autoantibodies were absent. Dapsone therapy was effective...
- Bone cement implantation syndrome. A prospective randomised trial for use of antihistamine blockadeW R Lamadé
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 114:335-9. 1995..81). Overall, we found even a slight disadvantage for patients receiving antihistamine drugs (statistically not significant). Therefore, histamine-receptor-blocking agents do not have a prophylactic potential in BCIS...
- Novel treatment strategies for enhancing sunitinib response in renal cell cancerTowia A Libermann; Fiscal Year: 2013..We demonstrated that three of the highest ranking, FDA-approved candidate drugs, maprotiline, terazosin and clemastine, indeed reverse the sunitinib resistance gene signature in RCC cells, including various genes involved in ..
- ARRHYTHMOGENIC ACTIONS OF ANTIHISTAMINESRaymond Woosley; Fiscal Year: 1999..first generation antihistamines (cyproheptadine, hydroxyzine, promethazine, chlorpheniramine, phenindamine and clemastine) alone and combined with drugs likely to interact...