Genomes and Genes
Summary: A hydroxylated form of the imino acid proline. A deficiency in ASCORBIC ACID can result in impaired hydroxyproline formation.
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- Structure of an HIF-1alpha -pVHL complex: hydroxyproline recognition in signalingJung Hyun Min
Cellular Biochemistry and Biophysics Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 296:1886-9. 2002..The hydroxyproline inserts into a gap in the pVHL hydrophobic core, at a site that is a hotspot for tumorigenic mutations, with ..
- Mechanism of stabilization of a bacterial collagen triple helix in the absence of hydroxyprolineAngela Mohs
Department of Biochemistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29757-65. 2007..The high enthalpic contribution to the stability of the Scl2 collagenous domain supports the presence of a hydration network in the absence of Hyp...
- Structural basis for the recognition of hydroxyproline in HIF-1 alpha by pVHLWai Ching Hon
Division of Structural Biology, Henry Wellcome Building of Genomic Medicine, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nature 417:975-8. 2002..alpha peptide bound to VCB (pVHL, elongins C and B) and solution binding assays reveal a single, conserved hydroxyproline-binding pocket in pVHL...
- Alterations in myocardial collagen content affect rat papillary muscle functionL S Matsubara
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil 18618 000
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1534-9. 2000We investigated the influence of myocardial collagen volume fraction (CVF, %) and hydroxyproline concentration (microg/mg) on rat papillary muscle function...
- Peptidyl 3-hydroxyproline binding properties of type I collagen suggest a function in fibril supramolecular assemblyDavid M Hudson
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, United States
Biochemistry 51:2417-24. 2012..A rare form of this modification, (3S,2S)-l-hydroxyproline (3Hyp), remains without a clear function...
- Progressive adult-onset emphysema in transgenic mice expressing human MMP-1 in the lungRobert F Foronjy
Department of Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L727-37. 2003..This study provides evidence that MMP-1 induces progressive adult-onset emphysema by the selective degradation of type III collagen within the alveolar wall...
- Prolyl 4-hydroxylaseKelly L Gorres
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 45:106-24. 2010..This reaction, which is catalyzed by prolyl 4-hydroxylase (P4H), yields (2S,4R)-4-hydroxyproline (Hyp). The protein substrates for P4Hs are diverse...
- Proline and hydroxyproline metabolism: implications for animal and human nutritionGuoyao Wu
Department of Animal Science and Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, 77843, USA
Amino Acids 40:1053-63. 2011..On a per-gram basis, proline plus hydroxyproline are most abundant in collagen and milk proteins, and requirements of proline for whole-body protein synthesis ..
- Structural basis for the platelet-collagen interaction: the smallest motif within collagen that recognizes and activates platelet Glycoprotein VI contains two glycine-proline-hydroxyproline tripletsPeter A Smethurst
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 1QW, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:1296-304. 2007..The triple helical peptide contains ten GPO triplets/strand (single letter amino acid nomenclature, where O is hydroxyproline) and so over-represents GPO compared with native collagen sequence...
- Structure of a hydroxyproline (Hyp)-arabinogalactan polysaccharide from repetitive Ala-Hyp expressed in transgenic Nicotiana tabacumLi Tan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13156-65. 2004..Alkaline hydrolysis of the fusion glycoprotein yielded a population of hydroxyproline (Hyp)-arabinogalactan polysaccharides ranging in size from 13 to 26 saccharide residues/Hyp, with a median ..
- Inhibition of hepatic fibrogenesis by matrix metalloproteinase-9 mutants in miceMartin Roderfeld
Department of Internal Medicine III, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
FASEB J 20:444-54. 2006..Total hydroxyproline of liver tissue, the morphometric stage of fibrosis as well as mRNA expression of marker proteins for hepatic ..
- Accelerated wound healing in tumor necrosis factor receptor p55-deficient mice with reduced leukocyte infiltrationRyoichi Mori
Division of Environmental Science, Forensic and Social Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
FASEB J 16:963-74. 2002..These observations suggest that TNF-Rp55-mediated signals have some role in promoting leukocyte infiltration at the wound site and negatively affect wound healing, probably by reducing angiogenesis and collagen accumulation...
- Pranlukast, a cysteinyl leukotriene type 1 receptor antagonist, attenuates the progression but not the onset of silica-induced pulmonary fibrosis in miceChiko Shimbori
Department of Pharmacology, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 158:241-51. 2012..However, their precise role in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis is unclear...
- Supplementation with undenatured whey protein during diabetes mellitus improves the healing and closure of diabetic wounds through the rescue of functional long-lived wound macrophagesGamal Badr
Deanship of Scientific Research, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:571-82. 2012..Most important, the supplementation of diabetic mice with WP rescued functional, long-lived wound-resident macrophages. Our data reveal the benefits of WP supplementation in improving the healing and closure of diabetic wounds...
- Berberine attenuates bleomycin induced pulmonary toxicity and fibrosis via suppressing NF-κB dependant TGF-β activation: a biphasic experimental studyPalanivel Chitra
Department of Biochemistry, Cell Biology Laboratory, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicol Lett 219:178-93. 2013..Berberine significantly blocked collagen accumulations with parallel reduction in the hydroxyproline level...
- Systemin, hydroxyproline-rich systemin and the induction of protease inhibitorsGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 12:399-408. 2011..having similar signaling properties but little sequence homology to systemin have been found and termed hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide systemins (HypSys)...
- Control of hydroxyproline catabolism in Sinorhizobium melilotiCatharine E White
Center for Environmental Genomics, Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Mol Microbiol 85:1133-47. 2012b>Hydroxyproline (Hyp) in decaying organic matter is a rich source of carbon and nitrogen for microorganisms. A bacterial pathway for Hyp catabolism is known; however, genes and function relationships are not established...
- Plant O-hydroxyproline arabinogalactans are composed of repeating trigalactosyl subunits with short bifurcated side chainsLi Tan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Biochemistry Research Facility, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
J Biol Chem 285:24575-83. 2010....
- Rapid pulmonary fibrosis induced by acute lung injury via a lipopolysaccharide three-hit regimenHui Li
Department of Anatomy, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Innate Immun 15:143-54. 2009..The investigation was not only performed to establish a new rapid pulmonary fibrosis model, but also to provide the elicitation for mechanism of ALI changed into the rapid pulmonary fibrosis...
- Functional identification of a hydroxyproline-o-galactosyltransferase specific for arabinogalactan protein biosynthesis in ArabidopsisDebarati Basu
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701 2979, USA
J Biol Chem 288:10132-43. 2013..The At4g21060 gene (named AtGALT2) was found to encode activity for adding galactose (Gal) to hydroxyproline (Hyp) in AGP protein backbones...
- The hydroxyproline-rich glycoprotein domain of the Arabidopsis LRX1 requires Tyr for function but not for insolubilization in the cell wallChristoph Ringli
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, Zollikerstraße 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant J 63:662-9. 2010Extensins, hydroxyproline-rich repetitive glycoproteins with Ser-Hyp(4) motifs, are structural proteins in plant cell walls...
- Identification of a hydroxyproline transport system in the legume endosymbiont Sinorhizobium melilotiAllyson M MacLean
Center for Environmental Genomics, Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1116-27. 2009b>Hydroxyproline-rich proteins in plants offer a source of carbon and nitrogen to soil-dwelling microorganisms in the form of root exudates and decaying organic matter...
- Enhanced bleomycin-induced pulmonary damage in mice lacking extracellular superoxide dismutaseCheryl L Fattman
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 35:763-71. 2003..b>Hydroxyproline analysis determined that both wild-type and ec-sod null mice display a marked increase in interstitial ..
- Post-operative levamisole may compromise early healing of experimental intestinal anastomosesJ W de Waard
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 72:456-60. 1995..significant difference between the control group and the four experimental groups with regard to anastomotic hydroxyproline concentration and content, either 3 or 7 days after operation...
- Decrease of collagen deposition in wound repair in type 1 diabetes independent of glycemic controlEva Black
Copenhagen Wound Healing Center, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Arch Surg 138:34-40. 2003..Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and glycemic control influence wound healing in humans...
- Integrin-mediated adhesion and proliferation of human MSCs elicited by a hydroxyproline-lacking, collagen-like peptideOhm D Krishna
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Biomaterials 32:6412-24. 2011..sequence - containing the minimal essential Glycine-Glutamic acid-Arginine (GER) triplet but lacking the hydroxyproline residue - for supporting human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSC) adhesion, spreading and proliferation...
- Protection from pulmonary fibrosis in leukotriene-deficient miceMarc Peters-Golden
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0642, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:229-35. 2002..reduced amounts of histologically evident collagen as well as an approximately 60% reduction in lung hydroxyproline levels postbleomycin...
- Complex regulation of pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis by CCL18Kerill Pochetuhen
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Pathol 171:428-37. 2007..Thus, CCL18-stimulated T-lymphocytic infiltration is by itself mildly profibrotic to a healthy lung, whereas it partially protects against lung fibrosis in an inflammatory profibrotic pulmonary milieu...
- Time course of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosisG Izbicki
Lung Cellular and Molecular Biology Laboratory Institute of Pulmonology, Hadassah University Hospital and Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Exp Pathol 83:111-9. 2002..Lung injury was evaluated by analysis of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid, hydroxyproline concentration in the lung, routine light microscopic examination resulting in a semiquantitative morphological ..
- Methods for measuring hydroxyproline and estimating in vivo rates of collagen synthesis and degradationRobin J McAnulty
Center for Respiratory Research, Department of Medicine, University College London, London, UK
Methods Mol Med 117:189-207. 2005..The posttranslational hydroxylation of proline to hydroxyproline and the relative abundance of hydroxyproline in collagens, compared with other proteins, facilitates its use ..
- Location of 3-hydroxyproline residues in collagen types I, II, III, and V/XI implies a role in fibril supramolecular assemblyMary Ann Weis
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2580-90. 2010Collagen triple helices are stabilized by 4-hydroxyproline residues. No function is known for the much less common 3-hydroxyproline (3Hyp), although genetic defects inhibiting its formation cause recessive osteogenesis imperfecta...
- Cleavage of fibromodulin in cartilage explants involves removal of the N-terminal tyrosine sulfate-rich region by proteolysis at a site that is sensitive to matrix metalloproteinase-13Terrence F Heathfield
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Section for Connective Tissue Biology, Lund University, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:6286-95. 2004....
- Art v 1, the major allergen of mugwort pollen, is a modular glycoprotein with a defensin-like and a hydroxyproline-rich domainMartin Himly
Institute of Genetics and General Biology, University of Salzburg, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
FASEB J 17:106-8. 2003..The O-glycans are composed of 3 galactoses and 9-16 arabinoses linked to a hydroxyproline and represent a new type of plant O-glycan...
- Hydroxyproline ingestion and urinary oxalate and glycolate excretionJ Knight
Department of Urology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Kidney Int 70:1929-34. 2006..b>Hydroxyproline, a component amino acid of collagen, is a potential glyoxylate precursor...
- The crystal structure of a collagen-like polypeptide with 3(S)-hydroxyproline residues in the Xaa position forms a standard 7/2 collagen triple helixMaria A Schumacher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Unit 1000, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, and Research Department, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27566-74. 2006..Thus, the presence of 3(S)Hyp in the Xaa positions does not lead to large structural alterations in the collagen triple helix...
- Dietary whey supplementation in experimental models of wound healingA Velioglu Ogunc
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Turkey
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 78:70-3. 2008..Bursting pressures, hydroxyproline, and cytokine levels were not changed...
- Hydroxyproline content of needle biopsies as an objective measure of liver fibrosis: Emphasis on sampling variabilityHsuan Shu Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1109-14. 2005..However, sampling variability has been reported by semiquantitative methods. The aim of the present study was to investigate quantitatively the sampling variability of needle liver biopsy on the assessment of liver fibrosis/cirrhosis...
- Relationships between tensile strength, ascorbic acid, hydroxyproline, and zinc levels of rabbit full-thickness incision wound healingBirsen Kaplan
Department of Physiology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Surg Today 34:747-51. 2004..in order to gain insight into the periodical correlation among such factors as ascorbic acid, collagen (hydroxyproline), the zinc content, and tensile strength of wound tissue...
- Hydroxyproline distribution in the plasma of various mammalsN J Siddiqi
Department of Biochemistry, King Saud University, College of Science, PO Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
J Biochem Mol Biol Biophys 6:159-63. 2002We have investigated the presence of total, free, protein-bound and peptide-bound hydroxyproline (Hyp) in the plasma of different mammals viz., camel, bovine, sheep, human, rabbit and rat...
- Lisinopril ameliorates paraquat-induced lung fibrosisAli Mohammadi-Karakani
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 13145 784, Tehran, and Alborz Hospital, Social Security Organization, Karaj, Iran
Clin Chim Acta 367:170-4. 2006..The antifibrotic effect of lisinopril has shown to be due to inhibition of synthesis of angiotensin II that causes stimulation of fibroblast proliferation and collagen synthesis...
- Characterization of synthetic hydroxyproline-rich proteoglycans with arabinogalactan protein and extensin motifs in ArabidopsisJosé M Estevez
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Physiol 142:458-70. 2006..that have been previously found to be substrates for prolyl hydroxylases and subsequent O-glycosylation of the hydroxyproline residues. All of the constructs were secreted in aerial tissues, but not in roots...
- Comparison of quantity and structures of hydroxyproline-containing peptides in human blood after oral ingestion of gelatin hydrolysates from different sourcesHiroki Ohara
Food and Health R and D Laboratories, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 5 3 1, Chiyoda, Sakado shi, Saitama 350 0289, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 55:1532-5. 2007..Ala-Hyp-Gly and Ser-Hyp-Gly were detected only with fish scale gelatin hydrolysate. The quantity and structure of Hyp-containing peptides in human blood after oral administration of gelatin hydrolysate depends on the gelatin source...
- Structural analysis of linear hydroxyproline-bound O-glycans of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii--conservation of the inner core in Chlamydomonas and land plantsKlaus Bollig
Institut fuer Biochemie, Universitaet zu Koeln, Zuelpicher Str, 47, 50674 Koeln, Germany
Carbohydr Res 342:2557-66. 2007Linear hydroxyproline-bound O-glycans of the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii were isolated from outer cell wall glycoproteins and their structure elucidated by chemical and spectroscopic methods...
- Enhancement of thermal stability and inhibition of protein aggregation by osmolytic effect of hydroxyprolineKarunakar Kar
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India
Biopolymers 87:339-51. 2007A combination of spectroscopic, calorimetric, and microscopic studies to understand the effect of hydroxyproline on the thermal stability, conformation, biological activity, and aggregation of proteins has been investigated...
- [Experimental therapy of penehyclidine hydrochloride on paraquat-induced acute lung injury]Qiong Ning
Department of Poisoning and Occupational Disease, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 28:667-70. 2010..To observe the therapeutic effect and mechanism of penehyclidine hydrochloride on paraquat-induced acute lung injury...
- Improved methodology to induce hyperoxaluria without treatment using hydroxyprolineJohn H Wiessner
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Urol Res 39:373-7. 2011The use of hydroxyproline (HP) to generate hyperoxaluria in the rat is a problem because it is impossible to separate the effect of oxalate on renal injury from the effects of HP and the large array of metabolic intermediates formed when ..
- Analysis of hydroxyproline in collagen hydrolysatesTobias Langrock
Institute of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy and Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Universitat Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 828:271-80. 2012b>Hydroxyproline (Hyp) is an imino acid post-translationally formed by sequence-specific hydroxylases in the repeating collagen Gly-Xaa-Yaa triad present in all collagen types of all species...
- The aberrance of the 4S diastereomer of 4-hydroxyprolineMatthew D Shoulders
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:10857-65. 2010..atom of certain (2S)-proline (Pro) residues in tropocollagen, elastin, and other proteins to form (2S,4R)-4-hydroxyproline (Hyp)...
- Increased maternal serum and cord blood fibronectin concentrations in preeclampsia are associated with higher placental hyaluronic acid and hydroxyproline contentHafize Uzun
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul, Turkey
Hypertens Pregnancy 29:153-62. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between maternal serum FN levels and the extracellular matrix molecule contents of placental tissue, such as FN, hyaluronic acid (HA) and hydroxyproline (HP) levels.
- Evaluation of a new type of wound dressing made from recombinant spider silk protein using rat modelsLu Baoyong
College of Life Sciences, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, Fujian 350108, PR China
Burns 36:891-6. 2010..was evaluated on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 14th and 21st days for wound-healing rate, histological test, levels of hydroxyproline synthesis and the samples were stained for immunohistochemical detection of the basic fibroblast growth factor ..
- Chemical synthesis of Arabidopsis CLV3 glycopeptide reveals the impact of hydroxyproline arabinosylation on peptide conformation and activityHidefumi Shinohara
National Institute for Basic Biology, Nishigonaka 38, Myodaiji, Okazaki, 444 8585 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 54:369-74. 2013Arabinosylation of hydroxyproline (Hyp) is a post-translational modification often found in secreted peptide signals in plants...
- A novel 3-hydroxyproline (3Hyp)-rich motif marks the triple-helical C terminus of tendon type I collagenDavid R Eyre
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, USA
J Biol Chem 286:7732-6. 2011..In studies of the distribution of 3-hydroxyproline in type I collagen of rat bone, skin, and tail tendon by mass spectrometry, the repeating sequences of Gly-Pro-..
- Metabolomics evaluation of hydroxyproline as a potential marker of melamine and cyanuric acid nephrotoxicity in male and female Fischer F344 ratsLaura K Schnackenberg
Division of Systems Biology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US FDA, Jefferson Laboratories, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 50:3978-83. 2012..Analysis of urinary amino acids showed hydroxyproline was increased in both sexes in a manner consistent with the clinical chemistry and histopathology data; most ..
- Homocysteine and hydroxyproline levels in patients with primary open-angle glaucomaAsaad A Ghanem
Mansoura Ophthalmic Center, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt
Curr Eye Res 37:712-8. 2012To assess the levels of homocysteine (Hcy) and hydroxyproline (Hyp) in aqueous humor and plasma of human eyes with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and to correlate their concentrations with the severity of glaucoma.
- Prediction and analysis of protein hydroxyproline and hydroxylysineLe Le Hu
Institute of Systems Biology, Shanghai University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 5:e15917. 2010..Hydroxylation is an important post-translational modification and closely related to various diseases. Besides the biotechnology experiments, in silico prediction methods are alternative ways to identify the potential hydroxylation sites...
- Gadolinium chloride reverses dimethylnitrosamine (DMN)-induced rat liver fibrosis with increased matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) of Kupffer cellsIsao Sakaida
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi Pref 755 8505, Ube, Japan
Life Sci 72:943-59. 2003..Rats that received DMN for 4 weeks followed by GdCl(3) injection for 4 weeks showed an reduced liver hydroxyproline content compared to rats treated with DEN followed by saline (277 +/- 22 VS 348 +/- 34 microg/g, n = 6 each, P ..
- Gender influences the response to experimental silica-induced lung fibrosis in miceDavid M Brass
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L664-71. 2010..Both silica-exposed male and female mice had significant increases in total lung hydroxyproline compared with saline controls...
- Novel proline hydroxylase activities in the pneumocandin-producing fungus Glarea lozoyensis responsible for the formation of trans 3- and trans 4-hydroxyprolineL Petersen
Biocatalysis and Fermentation Development, Merck Research Laboratories, RY80Y 110, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:263-7. 2003..This result suggested that two enzymes may be responsible for the regio- and stereospecific hydroxylation of l-proline...
- Glycosides of hydroxyproline: some recent, unusual discoveriesCarol M Taylor
Department of Chemistry, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Glycobiology 22:757-67. 2012Glycosides of hydroxyproline (Hyp) in the plant cell wall matrix were discovered by Lamport and co-workers in the 1960s. Since then, much has been learned about these Hyp-rich glycoproteins...
- Detection of unsaturated disaccharides, pyridinoline, and hydroxyproline in urine of patients with Kashin-Beck disease: comparison with controls in an endemic areaWei Dong
Key Laboratory of Etiologic Epidemiology of Ministry of Health, Institute of Kaschin Beck Disease, Center for Endemic Disease Control, Harbin Medical University, No 157 Baojian Road, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150081, China
J Rheumatol 36:816-21. 2009..To investigate the pathologic status of adult patients with Kashin-Beck disease (KBD) in an endemic area of China through detection of 5 biochemical markers in their urine, and to study the correlations between these markers and KBD...
- A new set of molecular mechanics parameters for hydroxyproline and its use in molecular dynamics simulations of collagen-like peptidesSanghyun Park
Department of Chemistry and Structural Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Comput Chem 26:1612-6. 2005..The previous molecular mechanics parameters for hydroxyproline, however, do not reproduce the correct pucker preference...
- A hydroxyproline-rich protein in the soybean cell wallV Averyhart-Fullard
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:1082-5. 1988..On the likelihood that such a protein might be a hydroxyproline-rich cell-wall glycoprotein (HRGP), cell walls of a soybean cell culture were extracted by procedures used to ..
- Determination of hydroxyproline in plasma and tissue using electrospray mass spectrometryErick Kindt
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics, and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:1081-92. 2003A simple and highly specific method that was developed for the determination of hydroxyproline in biological samples is described...
- A conserved active site tyrosine residue of proline dehydrogenase helps enforce the preference for proline over hydroxyproline as the substrateElizabeth L Ostrander
Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Biochemistry 48:951-9. 2009..PRODHs exhibit a pronounced preference for proline over hydroxyproline (trans-4-hydroxy-l-proline) as the substrate, but the basis for specificity is unknown...
- High-throughput quantification of hydroxyproline for determination of collagenKathleen Hofman
Natural Extracts Unit, The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Port Nelson, Nelson 7043, New Zealand
Anal Biochem 417:289-91. 2011..b>Hydroxyproline is routinely assayed to provide a measurement for collagen quantification...
- Practolol inhibits human skin fibroblast cell mat hydroxyproline accumulationG R Elliott
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Agents Actions 22:106-13. 1987..N-4-2-hydroxy-3-(1-methyl-ethyl)-amino propoxy phenyl acetamine) inhibited the accumulation of cell mat hydroxyproline, a measure of collagen synthesis, by human skin fibroblasts (DT2PH) in vitro, (ID50 0.8 X 10(-3) M)...
- Triple-helix propensity of hydroxyproline and fluoroproline: comparison of host-guest and repeating tripeptide collagen modelsAnton V Persikov
Department of Biochemistry, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:11500-1. 2003..In the present study, proline, hydroxyproline, and fluoroproline residues are incorporated in X- or Y-positions of a guest triplet in the host-guest peptide ..
- HIF-1alpha peptide derivatives with modifications at the hydroxyproline residue as activators of HIF-1alphaDae Ro Ahn
Life Sciences Research Division, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, PO Box 131, Cheongryang, Seoul 130 650, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:4403-5. 2009....
- Relationship between synovial fluid levels of glycosaminoglycans, hydroxyproline and general MMP activity and the presence and severity of articular cartilage change on the proximal articular surface of P1R van den Boom
Department of Equine Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Equine Vet J 37:19-25. 2005..If such markers are to be used reliably, it is important to know the relationship between marker concentration and cartilage composition...
- Hydroxyproline quantification for the estimation of collagen in tissue using multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometryMichelle L Colgrave
Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
J Chromatogr A 1212:150-3. 2008..Collagens are highly abundant mammalian proteins that contain a high content of hydroxylated amino acids such as hydroxyproline. We have exploited the high hydroxyproline content of collagen and developed a method for hydroxyproline ..
- Persistent effects of everolimus on strength of experimental wounds in intestine and fasciaMartine C M Willems
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 18:98-104. 2010..Anastomotic bursting pressures followed the same pattern. Loss of strength was accompanied by a decrease in hydroxyproline content after 7 days...
- Co-translational incorporation of trans-4-hydroxyproline into recombinant proteins in bacteriaDouglas D Buechter
Life Sciences Division, United States Surgical Corporation, North Haven, Connecticut 06473, USA
J Biol Chem 278:645-50. 2003Trans-4-hydroxyproline (Hyp) in eukaryotic proteins arises from post-translational modification of proline residues...
- Three hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptides derived from a single petunia polyprotein precursor activate defensin I, a pathogen defense response geneGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17777-84. 2007b>Hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptides (HypSys peptides) are recently discovered 16-20-amino acid defense signals in tobacco and tomato leaves that are derived from cell wall-associated precursors...
- Dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia exhibits activity against a substrate containing a 4-hydroxyproline residueYoshitaka Nakajima
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 14 Bunkyo machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Bacteriol 190:7819-29. 2008..Stenotrophomonas dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV exhibited activity toward a substrate containing a 4-hydroxyproline residue at the second position from the N terminus...
- Glycosylated polyproline II rods with kinks as a structural motif in plant hydroxyproline-rich glycoproteinsP J Ferris
Department of Biology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Biochemistry 40:2978-87. 2001b>Hydroxyproline-rich glycoproteins (HRGPs) are the major proteinaceous components of higher plant walls and the predominant components of the cell wall of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The GP1 protein, an HRGP of the C...
- Shape of 4S- and 4R-hydroxyproline in gas phaseAlberto Lesarri
Grupo de Espectroscopia Molecular GEM, Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Valladolid, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 127:2572-9. 2005The alpha-amino acids 4(S)-hydroxyproline and 4(R)-hydroxyproline have been studied under isolation conditions in gas phase using laser-ablation molecular-beam Fourier transform microwave spectroscopy...
- Stabilization of the collagen triple helix by O-methylation of hydroxyproline residuesFrank W Kotch
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:2952-3. 2008
- Silencing the hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide systemin precursor in two accessions of Nicotiana attenuata alters flower morphology and rates of self-pollinationBeatrice Berger
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Physiol 149:1690-700. 2009Systemins and their hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide systemin (ppHS) subfamily members are known to mediate antiherbivore defenses in some solanaceous taxa but not others; functions other than in defense remain largely unexplored...
- The hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide systemin precursor NapreproHypSys does not play a central role in Nicotiana attenuata's anti-herbivore defense responsesBeatrice Berger
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena 07745, Germany
Plant Cell Environ 30:1450-64. 2007..We conclude that NapreproHypSys does not play a central role in anti-herbivore defense signalling in this native tobacco...
- Biomechanical and biochemical properties of chicken calcaneal tendon under effect of age and nonforced active exerciseWilson Romero Nakagaki
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Connect Tissue Res 48:219-28. 2007..for biomechanical analysis, but they were divided into tensile and compressive regions for quantification of hydroxyproline and glycosaminoglycans...
- Experimental determination of proline hydroxylation and hydroxyproline arabinogalactosylation motifs in secretory proteinsMasami Shimizu
Plant Science Center, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 1 7 22 Suehirocho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 42:877-89. 2005..AVSTG]-Pro-[AVSTGA]-[GAVPSTC]-[APS or acidic] (where Pro is the modification site) and glycosylation of hydroxyproline (Hyp) requires the seven amino acid sequence [not basic]-[not T]-[neither P, T, nor amide]-Hyp-[neither amide ..
- Effect of 3-hydroxyproline residues on collagen stabilityCara L Jenkins
Contribution from the Department of Chemistry and Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:6422-7. 2003..Thus, the natural regioisomeric residues 3-Hyp and 4-Hyp have distinct effects on the conformational stability of the collagen triple helix...
- Unhydroxylated triple helical collagen I produced in transgenic plants provides new clues on the role of hydroxyproline in collagen folding and fibril formationS Perret
, CNRS UMR 5086, , 7 passage du Vercors, F-69367 Lyon Cedex 07, France
J Biol Chem 276:43693-8. 2001..I produced in transgenic plants was used as an experimental model to provide insights into the role of hydroxyproline in molecular folding and fibril formation...
- The covalent structure of collagen. Amino-acid sequence of peptide 1-CB6-C2P P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 30:163-8. 1972
- Chemical and in situ characterization of macromolecular components of the cell walls from the green seaweed Codium fragileJosé Manuel Estévez
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Plant Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Glycobiology 19:212-28. 2009..linear (1-->4)-beta-D-mannans, 9% (w/w) of pyruvylated arabinogalactan sulfates (pAGS), and low amounts of hydroxyproline rich-glycoprotein epitopes (HRGP)...
- Evaluation of serum procollagen aminoterminal propeptide III, laminin, and hydroxyproline as predictors of severe fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CA M Attallah
Biotechnology Research Center, New Damietta City, Egypt
J Immunoassay Immunochem 28:199-211. 2007..FDS, an index of five markers (PIIINP, laminin, hydroxyproline, prothrombin activity, and AST/ALT) correctly classified 82% of the patients with severe liver fibrosis at a ..
- Bioreactor cultivation conditions modulate the composition and mechanical properties of tissue-engineered cartilageG Vunjak-Novakovic
Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
J Orthop Res 17:130-8. 1999..These findings suggest that the hydrodynamic conditions in tissue-culture bioreactors can modulate the composition, morphology, mechanical properties, and electromechanical function of engineered cartilage...
- Mutations in DHDPSL are responsible for primary hyperoxaluria type IIIRuth Belostotsky
Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 87:392-9. 2010..Our assumption is that DHDPSL is the gene encoding 4-hydroxy-2-oxoglutarate aldolase, catalyzing the final step in the metabolic pathway of hydroxyproline.
- Genetic evidence for a common enzyme catalyzing the second step in the degradation of proline and hydroxyprolineD Valle
J Clin Invest 64:1365-70. 1979The initial step in the degradation pathways of proline and hydroxyproline is catalyzed by proline oxidase and hydroxyproline oxidase, yielding delta 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate and delta 1-pyrroline-3-hydroxy-5-carboxylate, respectively...
- Different effects of 4-hydroxyproline and 4-fluoroproline on the stability of collagen triple helixYoshinori Nishi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochemistry 44:6034-42. 2005Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses of a series of collagen model peptides suggest that 4-hydroxyproline (Hyp) and 4-fluoroproline (fPro) have different effects on the stability of the collagen triple helices according to the ..
- The epithelial mitogen keratinocyte growth factor binds to collagens via the consensus sequence glycine-proline-hydroxyprolineMartin Ruehl
Department of Medicine I, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:26872-8. 2002..The defined collagenous consensus peptide or its analogue may be useful in wound healing by increasing KGF bioactivity and thus modulating local epithelial remodeling and regeneration...
- Developmental localization and the role of hydroxyproline rich glycoproteins during somatic embryogenesis of banana (Musa spp. AAA)Chunxiang Xu
College of Horticulture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, 510642 Guangdong, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 11:38. 2011b>Hydroxyproline rich glycoproteins (HRGPs) are implicated to have a role in many aspects of plant growth and development but there is limited knowledge about their localization and function during somatic embryogenesis of higher plants...
- Angelica sinensis down-regulates hydroxyproline and Tgfb1 and provides protection in mice with radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosisGuang Han
Department of Radio Chemotherapy, Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, Wuhan University, Wuhan, HB 430071, China
Radiat Res 165:546-52. 2006..a potent chemoattractant for fibroblasts and stimulates the production of collagen, the protein that contains hydroxyproline. Since collagen is by far the most abundant protein in the lung, comprising 60-70% of the tissue mass, ..
- Effect of the -Gly-3(S)-hydroxyprolyl-4(R)-hydroxyprolyl- tripeptide unit on the stability of collagen model peptidesKazunori Mizuno
Research Department, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR, USA
FEBS J 275:5830-40. 2008In order to evaluate the role of 3(S)-hydroxyproline [3(S)-Hyp] in the triple-helical structure, we produced a series of model peptides with nine tripeptide units including 0-9 3(S)-hydroxyproline residues...
- The effect of sealing with a fixed combination of collagen matrix-bound coagulation factors on the healing of colonic anastomoses in experimental high-risk mice modelsDimitrios Pantelis
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:1039-48. 2010....
- Control of oxalate formation from L-hydroxyproline in liver mitochondriaTatsuya Takayama
Department of Urology, Research Equipment Center, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:939-46. 2003..Glyoxylate formation from glycolate and that from L-hydroxyproline have been shown to occur in peroxisomes and mitochondria, respectively...
- Fourteen-membered ring macrolides inhibit vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 messenger RNA induction and leukocyte migration: role in preventing lung injury and fibrosis in bleomycin-challenged miceYingJi Li
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
Chest 122:2137-45. 2002..The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of 14-MRMLs on an experimental model of bleomycin-induced acute lung injury and subsequent fibrosis in mice...
- 4-Hydroxyproline metabolism and glyoxylate production: A target for substrate depletion in primary hyperoxaluria?M B Coulter-Mackie
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Kidney Int 70:1891-3. 2006..The immediate precursor of oxalate is glyoxylate. Metabolism of hydroxyproline, derived from collagen turnover or the diet, appears to be a major source of glyoxylate, and a potential ..
- Increased extensin levels in Arabidopsis affect inflorescence stem thickening and heightK Roberts
The Scottish Crop Research Institute, University of Dundee, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, UK
J Exp Bot 57:537-45. 2006Extensins are hydroxyproline-rich glycoproteins which are abundant in the cell walls of higher plants and whose precise function has been the subject of much speculation. In order to investigate this, transgenic A...
- Mechanisms mediating the biologic activity of synthetic proline, glycine, and hydroxyproline polypeptides in human neutrophilsBarry Weinberger
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Mediators Inflamm 2005:31-8. 2005..biologic activity of synthetic polypeptides consisting of repeated units of proline (Pro), glycine (Gly), and hydroxyproline (Hyp), major amino acids found within mammalian and bacterial collagens...
- Increased sensitivity to asbestos-induced lung injury in mice lacking extracellular superoxide dismutaseCheryl L Fattman
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, S740 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 40:601-7. 2006..In addition, lungs from ec-sod-null mice showed increased hydroxyproline content compared to those of wild-type mice, indicating a greater fibrotic response...
- Biliary Epithelial Cell-derived SDF-1a in Hepatic Fibrogenesis and InflammationYedidya Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fibrosis will be assessed using Sirius Red staining for collagen/morphometric analysis, hydroxyproline quantitation, and qRT-PCR for fibrogenic markers and inflammation will be assessed by histologic grading and ..
- KL4 Surfactant to Mitigate Radiation-Induced Lung InjuryRobert Segal; Fiscal Year: 2013..the delayed subacute inflammatory response and altered lung architecture/fibrosis (including histopathology, hydroxyproline content, and indicators of oxidative stress), observed at week 18 post exposure...
- Glycoregulation of Skp1 in the cytoplasm and nucleusChristopher M West; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recent analysis of the effects of disrupting enzyme genes required for the sequential hydroxyproline-dependent glycosylation of Skp1 gives evidence for additional levels of hierarchical regulation of O2-..
- Aging related susceptibility to lung injury - remodeling and oxidative stressJesse Roman; Fiscal Year: 2012..to bleomycin, elderly animals show greater fibrosis as demonstrated histologically and by quantification of hydroxyproline. In view of the importance of the above findings, we turned our attention to the factors promoting these ..
- Vagus stimulation protects against cardiac diastolic dysfunction in aging miceYi Fan Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..of collagens, and the expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase (MMPs) will be determined using hydroxyproline assay, RT-PCR, Western blot, and zymography...
- The Importance of Prolyl 3-hydroxylation in recessive Osteogenesis ImperfectaERICA PAIGE HOMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, data suggest that the presence of 3-hydroxyproline may stabilize the helix domain...
- A Novel Plant Cell Bio-Production Platform for Therapeutic ProteinsJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..designated Hyp-Glyco, involves the expression of secreted therapeutic proteins as fusions with a novel hydroxyproline (Hyp)-Glyco tag...
- Alkene Isosteres to Probe Substrate Conformation in Prolyl HydroxylasesKATRINA HELEN JENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2011..bond conformation would provide a means to prevent product inhibition and impart selectivity, as the resulting hydroxyproline products, as well as other amino acids, have significantly greater preference for the trans- peptide bond over ..
- Hydroxproline Catabolism and HyperoxaluriaW Todd Lowther; Fiscal Year: 2012..To date, there are no therapies that can specifically reduce oxalate synthesis. Hydroxyproline metabolism is the only recognized source of glyoxylate that has been identified to date...
- Non-invasive Morphologic and Biochemical Assessment of Tendon with Novel UTE-MRIEric Y Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..microscopy and assays which assess structural integrity (collagen content through collagenase digestion and hydroxyproline assay) and biochemical composition (glycosaminoglycan content through dimethylmethylene blue assay following ..
- Biomaterial Applications of Recombinant Bacterial CollagensDavid L Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..in high yield have been shown to form triple-helical molecules of high stability despite the absence of hydroxyproline. Higher order structural aggregates formed by bacterial collagens will be characterized and cross-linked for ..
- Glyoxylate Reductase and Primary HyperoxaluriaRoss P Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2010..The second aim is designed to test the hypothesis that inhibiting hydroxyproline oxidase (HPOX) will be an effective therapeutic strategy for decreasing the increased oxalate synthesis ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF COLLAGENRonald T Raines; Fiscal Year: 2013..of catalysis by human prolyl 4-hydroxylase, which is the enzyme that installs the prevalent and important 4-hydroxyproline residues in collagen strands and is a target for the treatment of fibrotic diseases...
- REGULATION OF PROLYL HYDROXYLASERichard Berg; Fiscal Year: 1992..of several posttranslational modifying enzymes cause nonlethal connective tissue disorders, the synthesis of hydroxyproline is essential for collagen production and fiber formation...
- Local Warming: Effects on Wound Infection and HealingJoAnne Whitney; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Hydroxyproline quantity. 2.2...
- A Novel Approach to Prevent Periduaral FibrosisJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2001..For example, cis -4 - hydroxyproline (cHyp) has been shown to be a potent inhibitor of synthesis of collagen, and thus has been considered as a ..
- PREVENTION OF POSTSURGICAL ADHESIONSJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2000..For example, cis-4-hydroxyproline (cHyp) has been shown to be a potent inhibitor of synthesis of collagen, and thus has been considered as a ..
- DETECTION OF BIOMOLECULES BY CHEMILUMINESCENCENEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..In particular, secondary amino acids such as proline and hydroxyproline in proteins such as collagen will be focused on.
- EFFECT OF CARBON MONOXIDE ON THE DEVELOPING HEARTDavid Penney; Fiscal Year: 1980..parameters to be measured include: standard hematology, cardiac morphometry, water content, DNA, RNA, protein hydroxyproline, lactate dehydrogenase activity and isozymes and cardiac muscle performance and pump function using an in situ ..
- STRUCTURE, FUNCTION AND PROPERTIES OF COLLAGENMARVIN TANZER; Fiscal Year: 1991..collagen molecules and contains some unusual post-translational features including an extraordinarily high hydroxyproline content and a unique disaccharide, mannosyl- uronic acid...
- CONTROL OF CELL GROWTH, DIFFERENTIATION, AND FUNCTIONCHARITY WAYMOUTH; Fiscal Year: 1980..The use of D-valine and cis-hydroxyproline for selection against fibroblastic and for epithelial cells, in cultures in defined media, will be evaluated...
- Investigation of Collagen as a Smart Engineering MaterialJeffrey Ruberti; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collagen, a triple helical molecule comprising the sequence gly-x-y (where x and y are typically proline and hydroxyproline respectively), is the material that binds animals together...
- LEAD IN PREGNANCY, HYPERTENSION AND NEONATAL HEALTHIrva Hertz Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 1993..175 white) is proposed using serial measurements of biomarkers: blood lead (PbB),bone mineral density, urinary hydroxyproline, and 25- and 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D...
- MODULATION OF AGING BONE LOSS BY ANABOLIC HORMONESDIKE KALU; Fiscal Year: 1991..receptors for 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D; (vi) Renal function and kidney excretion of calcium, phosphorus and hydroxyproline; (vii) Serum calcium, phosphorus, alkaline phosphatase, total proteins, albumin and globulin, (viii) Serum ..
- TGF-B1/IGF-I TO TREAT CHRONIC WOUNDSSamuel Lynch; Fiscal Year: 1993..Complete wound biopsies will be harvested on day 14 for histologic and hydroxyproline analyses...
- ENZYMIC PATHS, MECHANISMS & STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONEUGENE DEKKER; Fiscal Year: 1992..The aldolase catalyzes a key reaction in the mammalian metabolism of hydroxyproline, the dehydrogenase in the biosynthesis of Vitamin B12 by microorganisms and the formation of aminoacetone (..
- Mitochondrial GRHPR and HyperoxaluriaScott Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..that mitochondrial targeted GRHPR is important for detoxification of glyoxylate produced by the mitochondrial hydroxyproline catabolism that occurs in hepatic and renal cells, or by other unidentified mechanisms in non-hepatic cells...
- COLLAGEN METABOLISM IN RAT LUNG EXPLANTSDeborah Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 1980..Synthesis and degradation of total collagen will be determined by assaying radioactive hydroxyproline. The different types of collagen present will be separated and quantitated, using acrylamide gel ..
- BONE MINERAL IN GONADAL, THYROID AND PARATHYROID DISEASEPeter Snyder; Fiscal Year: 1990..content with age, duration of endocrinopathy, hormone measurements, fasting urinary excretion of calcium and hydroxyproline, and hand radiogrammetry...
- BIOCHEMICAL MARKERS AND BONE LOSS IN OLDER WOMENMichael Kleerekoper; Fiscal Year: 1993..tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase and osteocalcin in the blood and urinary excretion of calcium and hydroxyproline. Additionally, in the subset having the bone biopsy, the short term response of these markers to calcitonin ..
- MECHANO ELECTROCHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF CARTILAGEVAN MOW; Fiscal Year: 1999..All biochemical assays (S-GAG, hydroxyproline, collagen X-link density and enzymatic treatments) will be performed on the tested specimens, and on site- and ..
- PULMONARY DELIVERY OF ANTIFIBROTIC AGENTSJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 1999..A series of studies has established the use of the PEG-Lys polymer for the delivery of cis-4- hydroxyproline (cHyp)...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF COLLAGEN IN EMBRYONIC CORNEAWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 1990..Prolyl 4-hydroxylase is the key enzyme in collagen synthesis, since the presence of sufficient hydroxyproline residues is essential for collagen to assume triple-helical conformation...
- Non-Invasive NMR Imaging of Cardiac Remodeling in AgingJOHN FORDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Hydroxyproline content of the myocardium will be used as a measure of the total tissue collagen content...
- PERIODONTAL DISEASE IN DIABETESWILLIAM MCARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 1993..5) Assess phagocytosis, of peripheral PMNLs. 6) Determine total hydroxyproline in hydrolyzed mouth rinse samples to assess collagen breakdown products released from the gingival crevices...
- PATHOGENESIS OF GLOMERULAR SUBEPITHELIAL IMMUNE DEPOSITSAshok Singh; Fiscal Year: 1992..Conversion of proline to hydroxyproline will be assayed for evaluation of collagen synthesis...
- Molecular Mechanisms of the Hypoxic ResponseFrank Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the second Specific Aim, we will examine whether hypoxia induces hydroxyproline-independent changes; in particular, we will examine the effects of hypoxia or cobalt on the ubiquitinating ..
- VENTRICULAR MECHANO-ENERGETICS AND MYOCARDIAL REMODELINGSANJEEV SHROFF; Fiscal Year: 1993..of isomyosin composition by native gel-electrophoresis, Ca++-activated ATPase activity of purified myosin, and hydroxyproline concentration...
- EFFECT OF REPERFUSION ON POST-MI ANEURYSM FORMATIONCAROLYN CONNELLY; Fiscal Year: 1991..Aneurysmal expansion will also be related to the hydroxyproline content and histologic analysis of the different infarct types...
- PRESERVATION OF LOW-DAMAGE ALLOGENIC HEART VALVES May; Fiscal Year: 1990..Collagen biodegradation in the valves will be determined by residual hydroxyproline content...
- Dual imaging and therapeutic targeting agents for glioblastomaRuiwu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2009..of these peptides led to identification of a more potent peptide ligand, LXY1 (cyclic cdGLG- Hyp-Nc, Hyp=hydroxyproline), against malignant human glioblastoma A-172 and U- 87MG cell lines...
- COLLAGEN SYNTHESIS BY THE DEREGULATED PSS FIBROBLASTROBERT BUCKINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 1980..Collagen accumulation in the culture medium was measured as 3H-proline incorporation into CSP and as labeled hydroxyproline. Cultures from the patients with PSS accumulated significantly more CSP and labeled hydroxyproline than did ..
- HEART FAILURE IN HYPERTENSIVE-DIABETIC ANIMALSFREDERICK FEIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..including regulatory) protein studies, quantitative histology, and measurement of cardiac levels of hydroxyproline, catecholamines and electrolytes. They should expand knowledge of the pathophysiology of CHF in human HD's...
- MYELOPEROXIDASE-H202-HALIDE SYSTEM IN GLOMERULAR INJURYRichard Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1991..This would include examining the ability of the system to cause hydroxyproline release from GBM collagen and the lethal and sublethal effects of the MPO system on the mesangial cell...
- THE RHEOLOGY OF HUMAN CHORIOAMNIOTIC MEMBRANESJ Lavery; Fiscal Year: 1980..of our investigation will be biochemical assessment of connective tissue components specifically collagen and hydroxyproline contained in all membranes studied and correlate these findings with the rheologic properties appreciated in ..
- ENDOSTEAL BONE VOLUME REGULATION AND OSTEOPOROSISDavid Baylink; Fiscal Year: 1980..the activity of the osteoclast population is probably exclusively impaired, and studies of treatment with cis-hydroxyproline, an agent that may exclusively inhibit the activity of the osteoblast population...
- CHEMICAL & FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF LOW COPPER IN LUNGLawrence Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 1980..Collagen is evaluated by hydroxyproline content...
- Clinically relevant large animal model of rotator cuff injury and repairKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GDF REGULATION OF ENDOCHONDRAL BONE GROWTHBorjana Mikic; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..
- A role for intrinsic tendon cells in overuse injuryKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..A role for intrinsic tendon cells in the pathogenesis of tendon overuse injury would be implied by a lower damage threshold in vital tendon. ..
- Mechanism of hypoxia mediated radiation lung injuryZeljko Vujaskovic; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GDF Modulation of Tendon Maintenance and RepairBorjana Mikic; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies combine to enhance our understanding of the mechanisms of action of GDFs in tendon maintenance and repair. ..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Type density and size must conform to limits and specifications provided in the PHS 398Instructions. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- KININ SYSTEM ANTAGONISTSJohn Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001..The PI notes that certain dimers of his potent BK antagonists are selectively cytotoxic to SCLC, in vitro and in vivo. Improved cytotoxic compounds are being developed. These offer potential as anti-cancer drugs. ..
- PHASE III TRIAL OF TETRATHIOMOLYBDATE IN PRIMARY BILIAR*George Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Supplemental Fluid & Collagen DepositionNancy Stotts; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: Findings from the study have the potential to significantly change how fluid is managed in nursing home residents and to lay the foundation for a major intervention study on pressure ulcer healing. ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells in the Treatment of Lung FibrosisLuis Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) To determine whether or not the systemic administration of MSCs can be used to ameliorate the fibroproliferative responses observed in the injured lung. ..
- Stem Cell Therapy and ArrhythmiaSAMUEL DUDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- THE HISTIDYL IMIDAZOLE LIGAND IN METALLOPROTEINSJOAN VALENTINE; Fiscal Year: 2005....