Genomes and Genes
Summary: A piperidinyl isoindole originally introduced as a non-barbiturate hypnotic, but withdrawn from the market due to teratogenic effects. It has been reintroduced and used for a number of immunological and inflammatory disorders. Thalidomide displays immunosuppresive and anti-angiogenic activity. It inhibits release of TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR-ALPHA from monocytes, and modulates other cytokine action.
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a primary target of thalidomide teratogenicityTakumi Ito
Integrated Research Institute, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8503, Japan
Science 327:1345-50. 2010Half a century ago, thalidomide was widely prescribed to pregnant women as a sedative but was found to be teratogenic, causing multiple birth defects...
- Bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide followed by maintenance with bortezomib-thalidomide compared with bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone for initial treatment of multiple myeloma: a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Myeloma Unit, Division of Hematology, University of Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria A O U S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:5101-9. 2010..This phase III study examined the efficacy of the four-drug combination of bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide (VMPT) followed by maintenance with bortezomib-thalidomide (VMPT-VT) compared with VMP treatment alone in ..
- Multiple myelomaRobert A Kyle
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1860-73. 2004
- Cereblon expression is required for the antimyeloma activity of lenalidomide and pomalidomideYuan Xiao Zhu
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 118:4771-9. 2011The precise molecular mechanism of action and targets through which thalidomide and related immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDs) exert their antitumor effects remains unclear...
- Lenalidomide after stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaPhilip L McCarthy
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
N Engl J Med 366:1770-81. 2012..Data are lacking on whether lenalidomide maintenance therapy prolongs the time to disease progression after autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma...
- Lenalidomide maintenance after stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaMichel Attal
Department of Hematology, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
N Engl J Med 366:1782-91. 2012..Residual disease is almost always present after transplantation and is responsible for relapse. This phase 3, placebo-controlled trial investigated the efficacy of lenalidomide maintenance therapy after transplantation...
- Oral apremilast in the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyGeorg Schett
University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 64:3156-67. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of apremilast, a novel, orally available small molecule that specifically targets phosphodiesterase 4, in the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- A randomized phase 3 study on the effect of thalidomide combined with adriamycin, dexamethasone, and high-dose melphalan, followed by thalidomide maintenance in patients with multiple myelomaHenk M Lokhorst
University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 115:1113-20. 2010The phase 3 trial HOVON-50 was designed to evaluate the effect of thalidomide during induction treatment and as maintenance in patients with multiple myeloma who were transplant candidates...
- Mechanism of action of immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDS) in multiple myelomaH Quach
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne, Victoria 3053, Australia
Leukemia 24:22-32. 2010Immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDs) are thalidomide analogues, which possess pleiotropic anti-myeloma properties including immune-modulation, anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative effects...
- Continuous lenalidomide treatment for newly diagnosed multiple myelomaAntonio Palumbo
Myeloma Unit, Division of Hematology, University of Turin, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, S Giovanni Battista, Via Genova 3, 10126 Turin, Italy
N Engl J Med 366:1759-69. 2012....
- Bortezomib with thalidomide plus dexamethasone compared with thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction therapy before, and consolidation therapy after, double autologous stem-cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: a randomised phase 3Michele Cavo
Istituto di Ematologia Seragnoli, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Lancet 376:2075-85. 2010b>Thalidomide plus dexamethasone (TD) is a standard induction therapy for myeloma...
- Lenalidomide and CC-4047 inhibit the proliferation of malignant B cells while expanding normal CD34+ progenitor cellsDominique Verhelle
Celgene, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Cancer Res 67:746-55. 2007....
- Randomized, multicenter, phase 2 study (EVOLUTION) of combinations of bortezomib, dexamethasone, cyclophosphamide, and lenalidomide in previously untreated multiple myelomaShaji Kumar
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 119:4375-82. 2012..No substantial advantage was noted with VDCR over the 3-drug combinations. This trial is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00507442)...
- Cyclophosphamide, thalidomide, and dexamethasone (CTD) as initial therapy for patients with multiple myeloma unsuitable for autologous transplantationGareth J Morgan
Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 118:1231-8. 2011As part of the randomized MRC Myeloma IX trial, we compared an attenuated regimen of cyclophosphamide, thalidomide, and dexamethasone (CTDa; n = 426) with melphalan and prednisolone (MP; n = 423) in patients with newly diagnosed multiple ..
- Thalidomide for previously untreated elderly patients with multiple myeloma: meta-analysis of 1685 individual patient data from 6 randomized clinical trialsPeter M Fayers
Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Blood 118:1239-47. 2011The role of thalidomide for previously untreated elderly patients with multiple myeloma remains unclear. Six randomized controlled trials, launched in or after 2000, compared melphalan and prednisone alone (MP) and with thalidomide (MPT)...
- Efficacy of apremilast in the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis: a randomised controlled trialKim Papp
Probity Medical Research, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Lancet 380:738-46. 2012..We assessed the clinical efficacy and safety of different doses of apremilast in the treatment of patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis...
- The role of maintenance thalidomide therapy in multiple myeloma: MRC Myeloma IX results and meta-analysisGareth J Morgan
Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 119:7-15. 2012b>Thalidomide maintenance has the potential to modulate residual multiple myeloma (MM) after an initial response...
- Thalidomide and hematopoietic-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaBart Barlogie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1021-30. 2006High-dose therapy with melphalan can prolong survival among patients with multiple myeloma. We assessed whether the addition of thalidomide, which has activity against advanced and refractory myeloma, would further improve survival.
- An international phase II trial of single-agent lenalidomide for relapsed or refractory aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT E Witzig
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Oncol 22:1622-7. 2011....
- Apremilast, a cAMP phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor, demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity in vitro and in a model of psoriasisP H Schafer
Department of Drug Discovery, Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ 07901, USA
Br J Pharmacol 159:842-55. 2010....
- Phase II study of temozolomide and thalidomide in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumorsMatthew H Kulke
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:401-6. 2006..We evaluated the efficacy of an oral regimen of temozolomide and thalidomide in patients with metastatic carcinoid, pheochromocytoma, or pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- The anti-cancer drug lenalidomide inhibits angiogenesis and metastasis via multiple inhibitory effects on endothelial cell function in normoxic and hypoxic conditionsLing Lu
Department of Immunotherapeutics, Celgene Corporation, 86 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901, USA
Microvasc Res 77:78-86. 2009....
- Higher response to lenalidomide in relapsed/refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in nongerminal center B-cell-like than in germinal center B-cell-like phenotypeFrancisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Cancer 117:5058-66. 2011..Lenalidomide was previously shown to induce an overall response rate (ORR) of 28% in patients with relapsed/refractory DLBCL. It is currently unknown if response rates differ between patients with different DLBCL subtypes...
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone versus reduced-dose bortezomib, thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction treatment before autologous stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 118:5752-8; quiz 5982. 2011..and autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) to a combination consisting of reduced doses of bortezomib and thalidomide plus dexamethasone (vtD) in patients with multiple myeloma...
- lenalidomide enhances natural killer cell and monocyte-mediated antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity of rituximab-treated CD20+ tumor cellsLei Wu
Celgene Corporation, Summit, New Jersey 07901, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4650-7. 2008....
- The clinical impact and molecular biology of del(17p) in multiple myeloma treated with conventional or thalidomide-based therapyKevin D Boyd
The Institute of Cancer Research, Section of Haemato oncology, London, United Kingdom
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:765-74. 2011..been identified as a variable associated with poor prognosis in myeloma, although its impact in the context of thalidomide therapy is not well described...
- Inflammation, TNFα and endothelial dysfunction link lenalidomide to venous thrombosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaGeorg Aue
Hematology Branch, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1202, USA
Am J Hematol 86:835-40. 2011..65, p < 0.001). These data link lenalidomide associated DVTs with TNFα upregulation and endothelial cell dysfunction and suggest that aspirin may have a role for DVT prophylaxis in these patients...
- Bortezomib, melphalan, and prednisone versus bortezomib, thalidomide, and prednisone as induction therapy followed by maintenance treatment with bortezomib and thalidomide versus bortezomib and prednisone in elderly patients with untreated multiple myelomMaria Victoria Mateos
University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Lancet Oncol 11:934-41. 2010..We investigated a novel and less intensive bortezomib-based regimen to maintain efficacy and to reduce toxic effects...
- Phase II study of lenalidomide and rituximab as salvage therapy for patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaXavier C Badoux
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:584-91. 2013..Lenalidomide is an immunomodulatory drug active as salvage therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). We combined lenalidomide with rituximab to improve response rates in patients with relapsed or refractory CLL...
- Identification of thalidomide-specific transcriptomics and proteomics signatures during differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsKesavan Meganathan
Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Neurophysiology, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44228. 2012..b>Thalidomide is a developmental toxicant in vivo and acts in a species-dependent manner...
- Thalidomide dramatically improves the symptoms of early-onset sarcoidosis/Blau syndrome: its possible action and mechanismKozo Yasui
Department of Pediatrics, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 62:250-7. 2010..However, appropriate therapy is still under investigation. The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of thalidomide in patients with severe EOS, based on etiology supporting an initial role of NF-kappaB in activation of this ..
- Thalidomide for the treatment of cough in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a randomized trialMaureen R Horton
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Intern Med 157:398-406. 2012..Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a progressive, fatal disorder of unknown cause with no effective treatment. Cough affects up to 80% of patients with IPF, is frequently disabling, and lacks effective therapy...
- Adherence of multiple myeloma cells to bone marrow stromal cells upregulates vascular endothelial growth factor secretion: therapeutic applicationsD Gupta
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Leukemia 15:1950-61. 2001..Finally, thalidomide (100 microM) and its immunomodulatory analog IMiD1-CC4047 (1 microM) decreased the upregulation of IL-6 and ..
- Aspirin or enoxaparin thromboprophylaxis for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomideAlessandra Larocca
Myeloma Unit, Division of Hematology, University of Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria AOU S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Blood 119:933-9; quiz 1093. 2012..No major hemorrhagic complications were reported. In previously untreated patients with MM receiving lenalidomide with a low thromboembolic risk, ASA could be an effective and less-expensive alternative to LMWH thromboprophylaxis...
- Major tumor shrinking and persistent molecular remissions after consolidation with bortezomib, thalidomide, and dexamethasone in patients with autografted myelomaMarco Ladetto
Cattedra di Ematologia, Via Genova 3, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:2077-84. 2010..real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RQ-PCR), of a consolidation regimen that included bortezomib, thalidomide, and dexamethasone (VTD) in patients with multiple myeloma (MM) responding to autologous stem-cell ..
- Role of cytokines (TNF-alpha, IL-1beta and KC) in the pathogenesis of CPT-11-induced intestinal mucositis in mice: effect of pentoxifylline and thalidomideMaria Luisa P Melo
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel Nunes de Melo, 1127, CEP 60 430 270 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:775-84. 2008..A major toxic effect of CPT-11 is delayed diarrhea; however, the exact mechanism by which the drug induces diarrhea has not been established...
- Comparison of thalidomide and lenalidomide as therapy for myelofibrosisElias Jabbour
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 118:899-902. 2011..Working Group for Myelofibrosis Treatment and Research consensus criteria, we re-assessed the efficacy of thalidomide and lenalidomide in 125 patients with myelofibrosis treated in 3 consecutive phase 2 trials: 44 received single-..
- Treatment options in colchicine resistant familial Mediterranean fever patients: thalidomide and etanercept as adjunctive agentsE Seyahi
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:S99-103. 2006Regular colchicine treatment cannot control the typical febrile attacks of FMF in about 5-10% of the compliant patients. Here we report the effect of thalidomide and etanercept in 5 colchicine-resistant cases.
- Thalidomide for the treatment of metastatic hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma: a case report with a long term follow-upFelipe Salech
Department of Medicine, University of Chile Clinical Hospital, Santiago, Chile
Ann Hepatol 10:99-102. 2011..After balancing all possible therapeutic modalities the patient was treated conservatively with thalidomide (300 mg/day)...
- Thalidomide and its analogues have distinct and opposing effects on TNF-alpha and TNFR2 during co-stimulation of both CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cellsJ B Marriott
Division of Oncology, Department of OGEM, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK, and Celgene Corporation, Warren, New Jersey, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 130:75-84. 2002b>Thalidomide (Thd) is clinically useful in a number of conditions where its efficacy is probably related to its anti-TNF-alpha activity...
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab, thalidomide, docetaxel, and prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerYang Min Ning
PharmD, Bldg 10 Rm 5A01, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2070-6. 2010PURPOSE We previously demonstrated that thalidomide appears to add to the activity of docetaxel in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)...
- Consolidation therapy with low-dose thalidomide and prednisolone prolongs the survival of multiple myeloma patients undergoing a single autologous stem-cell transplantation procedureAndrew Spencer
Malignant Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Service, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:1788-93. 2009b>Thalidomide is effective in the treatment of newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM). However, the role of thalidomide in the post-autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) context remains unclear...
- Thalidomide stimulates vessel maturation and reduces epistaxis in individuals with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaFranck Lebrin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U833, College de France, Paris, France
Nat Med 16:420-8. 2010..We report here that treatment with thalidomide reduced the severity and frequency of nosebleeds (epistaxis) in the majority of a small group of subjects with ..
- Immunomodulatory drug CC-5013 or CC-4047 and rituximab enhance antitumor activity in a severe combined immunodeficient mouse lymphoma modelFrancisco J Hernandez-Ilizaliturri
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5984-92. 2005New thalidomide derivatives CC-5013 and CC-4047 (immunomodulatory drugs, IMiD) are up to 10,000 times more potent than Thalidomide...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia T cells show impaired immunological synapse formation that can be reversed with an immunomodulating drugAlan G Ramsay
Institute of Cancer, Centre for Medical Oncology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 118:2427-37. 2008....
- Lenalidomide and high-dose dexamethasone compared with dexamethasone as initial therapy for multiple myeloma: a randomized Southwest Oncology Group trial (S0232)Jeffrey A Zonder
Division of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Blood 116:5838-41. 2010..001; thromboembolic events despite aspirin prophylaxis: 23.5% [initial LEN-DEX or crossover] vs 5%; P < .001). This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00064038...
- Lenalidomide and thalidomide: mechanisms of action--similarities and differencesKenneth C Anderson
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Hematol 42:S3-8. 2005..b>Thalidomide and immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDs) have now been shown to block several pathways important for disease ..
- Restraining tumor necrosis factor-alpha by thalidomide prevents the amyloid beta-induced impairment of recognition memory in miceTursun Alkam
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology and Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Behav Brain Res 189:100-6. 2008..Daily treatment with thalidomide (20 mg/kg), a preferential degrader of TNF-alpha mRNA, or i.c.v...
- The efficacy and safety of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma patients with impaired renal functionMeletios Dimopoulos
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, University of Athens School of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cancer 116:3807-14. 2010....
- Lenalidomide for the treatment of B-cell malignanciesAsher A Chanan-Khan
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1544-52. 2008..A more potent analog of thalidomide, lenalidomide was developed to enhance immunomodulatory properties with improved safety profile...
- A phase III randomized trial of thalidomide plus zoledronic acid versus zoledronic acid alone in patients with asymptomatic multiple myelomaT E Witzig
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Leukemia 27:220-5. 2013..Bisphosphonates such as zoledronic acid (ZLD) reduce skeletal events in MM and the immunomodulatory agent thalidomide (Thal) has proven effectiveness in active MM...
- Efficacy of thalidomide for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a phase II open label clinical trialElijah W Stommel
Department of Medicine Section of Neurology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 10:393-404. 2009..We conducted a preliminary phase II trial of thalidomide, which reduces levels of TNF-alpha pre-transcriptionally and post-transcriptionally in vivo and has been shown ..
- High cereblon expression is associated with better survival in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma treated with thalidomide maintenanceAnnemiek Broyl
Department of Hematology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 121:624-7. 2013Recently, cereblon (CRBN) expression was found to be essential for the activity of thalidomide and lenalidomide...
- Superiority of the triple combination of bortezomib-thalidomide-dexamethasone over the dual combination of thalidomide-dexamethasone in patients with multiple myeloma progressing or relapsing after autologous transplantation: the MMVAR/IFM 2005-04 RandomiLaurent Garderet
University Hospital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2475-82. 2012..This prospective multicenter phase III study compared the efficacy and safety of a triple combination (bortezomib-thalidomide-dexamethasone [VTD]) versus a dual combination (thalidomide-dexamethasone [TD]) in patients with multiple ..
- Multiple inhibitory ligands induce impaired T-cell immunologic synapse function in chronic lymphocytic leukemia that can be blocked with lenalidomide: establishing a reversible immune evasion mechanism in human cancerAlan G Ramsay
Centre for Haemato Oncology, Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 120:1412-21. 2012..These findings should contribute to the design of immunotherapeutic strategies to reverse T-cell tolerance in cancer...
- Oncogenic CUL4A determines the response to thalidomide treatment in prostate cancerShancheng Ren
Department of Urology, Shanghai Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, No 168, Changhai Rd, Yangpu District, Shanghai, 200433, China
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:1121-32. 2012b>Thalidomide is experimentally used to treat various human cancers; however, clinical responses to thalidomide are sporadic...
- Phase II study of melphalan, thalidomide and prednisone combined with oral panobinostat in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaMassimo Offidani
Clinica di Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1722-7. 2012The combination of melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (MPT) has demonstrated efficacy and acceptable toxicity in newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Thalidomide and lenalidomide extend survival in a transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMahmoud Kiaei
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci 26:2467-73. 2006..We tested the neuroprotective effect of thalidomide and its analog lenalidomide, pharmacological agents that inhibit the expression of TNF-alpha and other ..
- Pomalidomide and lenalidomide induce p21 WAF-1 expression in both lymphoma and multiple myeloma through a LSD1-mediated epigenetic mechanismLaure Escoubet-Lozach
Celgene, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Cancer Res 69:7347-56. 2009....
- Apremilast mechanism of action and application to psoriasis and psoriatic arthritisPeter Schafer
Celgene Corporation, 86 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 83:1583-90. 2012....
- Phase III study of the value of thalidomide added to melphalan plus prednisone in elderly patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: the HOVON 49 StudyPierre Wijermans
Haga Hospital, Leyweg 275, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:3160-6. 2010..The Dutch-Belgium Hemato-Oncology Cooperative Group (HOVON) investigated the efficacy of thalidomide added to MP (MP-T) in a randomized phase III trial...
- Combination of lenalidomide and rituximab in elderly patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a phase 2 trialPier Luigi Zinzani
Institute of Haematology and Medical Oncology L e A Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 11:462-6. 2011..Here we report the results from a phase 2, single-arm, single-center trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of lenalidomide plus rituximab in elderly patients with relapsed or refractory DLBCL...
- Activation of coagulation by a thalidomide-based regimenAsuka Hoshi
Laboratory Molecular Genetics of Hematology, Graduate School of Healthcare Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:532-40. 2011Combining thalidomide (Thal) with chemotherapeutic agents or steroid preparations led to improved response rates in the treatment of multiple myeloma...
- Dexamethasone and lenalidomide have distinct functional effects on erythropoiesisAnupama Narla
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 118:2296-304. 2011..Our findings indicate that dexamethasone and lenalidomide promote different stages of erythropoiesis and support the potential clinical utility of combination therapy for patients with bone marrow failure...
- PI3K/Akt signaling pathway is required for neuroprotection of thalidomide on hypoxic-ischemic cortical neurons in vitroLi Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Brain Res 1357:157-65. 2010b>Thalidomide, a derivative of glutamic acid, is used for immunomodulatory therapy in various diseases through inhibition of tumor necrotic factor-α (TNF-α) release...
- Phase I study of an immunomodulatory thalidomide analog, CC-4047, in relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaS A Schey
Guy s and St Thomas Trust, Department of Haematology, Thomas Guy House, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 22:3269-76. 2004..To assess the safety, efficacy, and immunomodulatory effects of CC-4047 (Actimid; Celgene, San Diego, CA) in patients with relapsed or refractory myeloma...
- High expression of cereblon (CRBN) is associated with improved clinical response in patients with multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide and dexamethasoneDaniel Heintel
Department of Internal Medicine I, Center for Oncology and Haematology, Wilhelminenspital, Vienna, Austria
Br J Haematol 161:695-700. 2013..CRBN expression is closely associated with IRF4, which is an important target of IMiD therapy...
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone is more effective than dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma regardless of prior thalidomide exposureMichael Wang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 112:4445-51. 2008..dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (MM) previously treated with thalidomide. Of 704 patients, 39% were thalidomide exposed...
- Integrated pathways for neutrophil recruitment and inflammation in leprosyDelphine J Lee
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Infect Dis 201:558-69. 2010..b>Thalidomide, an effective treatment for ENL, inhibited this neutrophil recruitment pathway...
- Combination oral antiangiogenic therapy with thalidomide and sulindac inhibits tumour growth in rabbitsH M Verheul
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 79:114-8. 1999..Previously, we reported that thalidomide inhibited growth factor-induced corneal neovascularization...
- Lenalidomide downregulates the cell survival factor, interferon regulatory factor-4, providing a potential mechanistic link for predicting responseAntonia Lopez-Girona
Translational Development Department, Celgene, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Br J Haematol 154:325-36. 2011....
- Lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) for relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaA Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, AOU S Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Leukemia 24:1037-42. 2010..II trial evaluated the safety and efficacy of salvage therapy with lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Therapeutic and prophylactic thalidomide in TNBS-induced colitis: synergistic effects on TNF-alpha, IL-12 and VEGF productionAna Teresa Carvalho
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Rua Barao da Torre, 666 101, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 13:2166-73. 2007To evaluated the therapeutic and prophylactic effect of thalidomide on 2, 4, 6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitis...
- The high frequency of T regulatory cells in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia is diminished through treatment with thalidomideK Giannopoulos
Leukemia 22:222-4. 2008
- BiRD (Biaxin [clarithromycin]/Revlimid [lenalidomide]/dexamethasone) combination therapy results in high complete- and overall-response rates in treatment-naive symptomatic multiple myelomaRuben Niesvizky
Center of Excellence for Lymphoma and Myeloma, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 111:1101-9. 2008..BiRD is an effective regimen with manageable side effects in the treatment of symptomatic, newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00151203...
- Apremilast, a novel PDE4 inhibitor, inhibits spontaneous production of tumour necrosis factor-alpha from human rheumatoid synovial cells and ameliorates experimental arthritisFiona E McCann
The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, 65 Aspenlea Road, London, W6 8LH, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R107. 2010..We assessed the anti-inflammatory effects of a novel PDE4 inhibitor, apremilast, in human synovial cells from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients, as well as two murine models of arthritis...
- Aspirin, warfarin, or enoxaparin thromboprophylaxis in patients with multiple myeloma treated with thalidomide: a phase III, open-label, randomized trialAntonio Palumbo
University of Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria San Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:986-93. 2011In patients with myeloma, thalidomide significantly improves outcomes but increases the risk of thromboembolic events...
- Enhancement of cytokine production and AP-1 transcriptional activity in T cells by thalidomide-related immunomodulatory drugsPeter H Schafer
Celgene Corporation, 7 Powder Horn Dr, Warren, NJ 07059, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:1222-32. 2003CC-4047 (Actimid) and CC-5013 (Revimid) belong to a class of thalidomide analogs collectively known as the immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDs), which are currently being assessed in the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma and other ..
- Lenalidomide in multiple myeloma: current experimental and clinical dataMauro Cives
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Eur J Haematol 88:279-91. 2012Lenalidomide (LEN) is a structural analogue of Thalidomide and is currently considered a promising compound among immunomodulatory drugs...
- Pomalidomide (CC4047) plus low-dose dexamethasone as therapy for relapsed multiple myelomaMartha Q Lacy
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5008-14. 2009b>Thalidomide and lenalidomide are immunomodulatory drugs (IMiDs) that produce high remission rates in the treatment of multiple myeloma. Pomalidomide is a new IMiD with high in vitro potency...
- A novel hypothesis for thalidomide-induced limb teratogenesis: redox misregulation of the NF-kappaB pathwayJason M Hansen
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:1-14. 2004Several hypotheses have been proposed to explain the mechanisms of thalidomide teratogenesis, although none adequately accounts for the observed malformations and explains the basis for species specificity...
- Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thalidomide in combination with gemcitabine and Carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerSiow Ming Lee
University College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5248-54. 2009Cancers rely on angiogenesis for their growth and dissemination. We hypothesized that thalidomide, an oral antiangiogenic agent, when combined with chemotherapy, and as maintenance treatment, would improve survival in patients with ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-α synthesis inhibitor 3,6'-dithiothalidomide attenuates markers of inflammation, Alzheimer pathology and behavioral deficits in animal models of neuroinflammation and Alzheimer's diseaseDavid Tweedie
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Neuroinflammation 9:106. 2012..Elevated TNF-α levels are commonly detected in the clinic and animal models of AD...
- Thrombosis in multiple myelomaSigurdur Yngvi Kristinsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:437-44. 2010..The risk for venous thromboembolism is high when patients are treated with thalidomide or lenalidomide in combination with dexamethasone or multi-agent chemotherapy...
- A novel anticancer effect of thalidomide: inhibition of intercellular adhesion molecule-1-mediated cell invasion and metastasis through suppression of nuclear factor-kappaBYi Chu Lin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 12:7165-73. 2006b>Thalidomide has been reported to have antiangiogenic and antimetastatic effects. Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) was shown to be involved in monocyte adherence to epithelial cells and cancer cell invasion...
- Thalidomide attenuates nitric oxide-driven angiogenesis by interacting with soluble guanylyl cyclaseSyamantak Majumder
Vascular Biology Lab, AU KBC Research Centre, Anna University, Chennai, TN, India
Br J Pharmacol 158:1720-34. 2009Nitric oxide (NO) promotes angiogenesis by activating endothelial cells. Thalidomide arrests angiogenesis by interacting with the NO pathway, but its putative targets are not known. Here, we have attempted to identify these targets.
- Persistent malignant stem cells in del(5q) myelodysplasia in remissionRamin Tehranchi
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
N Engl J Med 363:1025-37. 2010..The in vivo clinical significance of malignant stem cells remains unclear...
- Immunomodulatory drugs Revlimid (lenalidomide) and CC-4047 induce apoptosis of both hematological and solid tumor cells through NK cell activationDan Zhu
Celgene Corporation, 4550 Towne Centre Court, San Diego, CA, 92121, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1849-59. 2008..Our findings support clinical evaluation of CC-5013 and CC-4047 in relapsed NHL with Rituximab and in prostate cancer with Docetaxel...
- The role of thalidomide in the management of erythema nodosum leprosumSteven L Walker
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London, UK
Lepr Rev 78:197-215. 2007..Treatment with thalidomide provides an effective alternative to steroid therapy, gives better long-term control and avoids the adverse ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-α synthesis inhibitor, 3,6'-dithiothalidomide, reverses behavioral impairments induced by minimal traumatic brain injury in miceRenana Baratz
Department of Anatomy and Anthropology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Neurochem 118:1032-42. 2011..Together, these results implicate TNF-α as a drug target for mTBI and suggests that 3,6'-dithiothalidomide may act as a neuroprotective drug to minimize impairment...
- A randomized phase 3 study of lenalidomide versus placebo in RBC transfusion-dependent patients with Low-/Intermediate-1-risk myelodysplastic syndromes with del5qPierre Fenaux
Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris XIII, Bobigny, France
Blood 118:3765-76. 2011..Lenalidomide is beneficial and has an acceptable safety profile in transfusion-dependent patients with Low-/Intermediate-1-risk del5q myelodysplastic syndrome. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00179621...
- Lenalidomide monotherapy in relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaPeter H Wiernik
Our Lady of Mercy Cancer Center, New York Medical College, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4952-7. 2008..We report the results of a phase II, single-arm, multicenter trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of lenalidomide oral monotherapy in patients with relapsed or refractory aggressive NHL...
- Thalidomide induces limb defects by preventing angiogenic outgrowth during early limb formationChristina Therapontos
National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8573-8. 2009b>Thalidomide is a potent teratogen that induces a range of birth defects, most commonly of the developing limbs. The mechanisms underpinning the teratogenic effects of thalidomide are unclear...
- Synergistic antitumor effects of lenalidomide and rituximab on mantle cell lymphoma in vitro and in vivoLiang Zhang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Am J Hematol 84:553-9. 2009....
- Lenalidomide plus high-dose dexamethasone versus lenalidomide plus low-dose dexamethasone as initial therapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: an open-label randomised controlled trialS Vincent Rajkumar
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:29-37. 2010..High-dose dexamethasone is a mainstay of therapy for multiple myeloma. We studied whether low-dose dexamethasone in combination with lenalidomide is non-inferior to and has lower toxicity than high-dose dexamethasone plus lenalidomide...
- Maternal administration of thalidomide or valproic acid causes abnormal serotonergic neurons in the offspring: implication for pathogenesis of autismKaoru Miyazaki
Neurobiology Laboratory, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:287-97. 2005Embryonic exposure to thalidomide (THAL) or valproic acid (VPA) before neural tube closure has been demonstrated as a useful model for human autism in rats...
- Oral melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide in elderly patients with multiple myeloma: updated results of a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Blood 112:3107-14. 2008The initial analysis of the oral combination melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide (MPT) in newly diagnosed patients with myeloma showed significantly higher response rate and longer progression-free survival (PFS) than did the standard ..
- Enhancement of ligand-dependent activation of human natural killer T cells by lenalidomide: therapeutic implicationsDavid H Chang
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 108:618-21. 2006..Here we show that lenalidomide (LEN), a novel thalidomide (Thal) analog, enhances antigen-specific expansion of NKT cells in response to the NKT ligand alpha-..
- Anti-influenza activity of phenethylphenylphthalimide analogs derived from thalidomideYuma Iwai
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Yamashiro cho, Tokushima 770 8514, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 18:5379-90. 2010..novel anti-influenza agents from a screen of 34 synthesized phenethylphenylphthalimide analogs derived from thalidomide (PPT analogs)...
- Dexamethasone synergizes with lenalidomide to inhibit multiple myeloma tumor growth, but reduces lenalidomide-induced immunomodulation of T and NK cell functionA K Gandhi
Celgene Corporation, Summit, New Jersey, USA, San Diego, California, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 10:155-67. 2010....
- Efficacy of melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide in patients older than 75 years with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: IFM 01/01 trialCyrille Hulin
Service d Hematologie, rue du Morvan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3664-70. 2009..The addition of thalidomide to this combination demonstrated a survival benefit for patients age 65 to 75 years...
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal is a therapeutic trial exploiting the favorable results seen with thalidomide in patients with multiple myeloma...
- HIV PROTEASE INHIBITOR & LIPOPROTEIN RECEPTOR IMPAIRMENTDudley Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2004..antiretroviral regimens with and without protease inhibitors, treating uninfected volunteers and using thalidomide to reduce the effects of TNFalpha in patients with advanced HIV infection...
- Mechanism and therapy for arteriovenous malformationSuk Paul Oh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three therapeutic drugs that have been used for treating HHT patients (tranexamic acid, thalidomide, and a VEGF-trap) will be evaluated using our animal models...
- Modulation of T cell Homeostasis in Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)Javier Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2012..A new class of interesting therapeutic drugs (IMiDs), derived from the parent compound thalidomide, has shown activity in a variety of inflammatory, autoimmune, and neoplastic diseases including MDS where ..
- Targeted Radiotherapy with 90Y-BC8 Monclonal Antibody, Fludarabine and TBI FollowWilliam I Bensinger; Fiscal Year: 2012..conventional therapy alone have demonstrated significant improvements in survival. Novel drug combinations of thalidomide, lenalidomide and bortezomib plus ASCT have further improved progression-free survival compared older induction ..
- Transcriptional Functions and Targets of the MMSET Protein of t(4:14) MyelomaJonathan Licht; Fiscal Year: 2013..hematological malignancies and despite the advent of several new therapies such as proteosome inhibitors and thalidomide and the use of stem cell transplant consolidation, the disease is incurable with a median survival of about ..
- Planning Grant for Genome-Wide Association Study of Craniofacial MicrosomiaJACQUELINE R contact STARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..a multiple birth, having a mother with diabetes, Hispanic ethnicity, and in utero exposure to isotretinoin or thalidomide are the only known risk factors for CFM...
- CD38 Pretargeted Radioimmunotherapy for MyelomaOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..The recent introduction of bortezomib, thalidomide, lenalidomide, and other novel agents for treatment of MM has significantly improved response rates, ..
- Evaluation of antiangiogenic role of EM011, a novel tubulin-binding agentRitu Aneja; Fiscal Year: 2009..and antiangiogenic effects of combinations of EM011 and ZD6474 (a tyrosine kinase inhibitor), or thalidomide (endothelial cell proliferation inhibitor) in breast (MDA-MB-231) and prostate (PC-3) cancer cells. Aim 4...
- EASTERN COOPERATIVE ONCOLOGY GROUPTHOMAS MATTHEW HABERMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..TM Habermann) and thalidomide in multiple myeloma (E1A04 Dr. SV Rajkumar)...
- Southern Oncology Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR) - Focus on Tyrosine KinaseRICHARD MICHAEL SCHULZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..collaboration with former Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal that decreased the time-lag between thalidomide-sADR identification and sponsor/FDA safety-actions by several years, and FDA interest in TKI-associated ..
- Chiroptical Induced CPL-Based Tool as a Probe of Biological SubstratesGilles Muller; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, in the 1960s, racemic thalidomide was widely used to treat morning sickness...
- A Genome Wide RNAi Vulnerability Map for MyelomaALEXANDER KEITH STEWART; Fiscal Year: 2012..While newer agents such as bortezomib, thalidomide and lenalidomide have profound clinical activity in myeloma the exact point of molecular action is unknown...
- Specific birth defects and asthma medications in pregnancy: Demonstration projectAllen A Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Though the debacle of thalidomide in the early 1960s identified the devastating potential of medications to cause birth defects, more than four ..
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin mediated retinoid effects in the skinKIMBERLY R LUMSDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Isotretinoin is only the second drug (after thalidomide) to be placed on a FDA national registry due to public health concerns regarding teratogenicity...
- Discovery of small molecule drug candidates that disrupt the NEMO/IKK signaling cStig K Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The activities of anticancer drugs bortezomib and thalidomide have in part been attributed to indirect inhibition of NF-kB...
- A first-in-class orally active anti-TNF-alpha inhibitor to treat ADMarni E Harris-White; Fiscal Year: 2013..is developing a novel TNF[unreadable] inhibitor, PD2015 (3,6'dithiothalidomide), a dithionylated analog of thalidomide as an anti-AD drug candidate for in vivo efficacy testing in a mouse model of AD...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Multiple MyelomaPeter Leif Bergsagel; Fiscal Year: 2013..have been empiric, and the molecular basis for the particular sensitivity of MM patients to bortezomib, thalidomide and lenalidomide is unclear...
- Evaluation of antiangiogenic role of EM011, a novel tubulin-binding agentRitu Aneja; Fiscal Year: 2012..and antiangiogenic effects of combinations of EM011 and ZD6474 (a tyrosine kinase inhibitor), or thalidomide (endothelial cell proliferation inhibitor) in breast (MDA-MB-231) and prostate (PC-3) cancer cells. Aim 4...
- Study on Thalidomide as BACE1 inhibitor in Alzhiemer's diseaseMarwan N Sabbagh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, we decided to test this notion by using the TNF inhibitor Thalidomide. Our novel approach is based on developing TNF1 inhibitor drugs that target BACE1 and, thus, provide the ..
- Pharmaceutical polymorphs: an electronic approachMikhail Yu Antipin; Fiscal Year: 2010..of five known pharmaceutical/bioactive compounds: acetaminophen, phenobarbital, diclofenac acid, glycine and thalidomide. Because properties, crystallization conditions, and crystal structures for these compounds are well documented,..
- CHROMOSOMAL ABNORMALITIES IN MYELOMA AS DETECTED BY FISHRafael Fonseca; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address these issues, and at center of this project proposal, we ask the following questions: 1. Can thalidomide and lenalidomide overcome the negative prognosis of HR-MM? 2...
- Dietary Cysteine:Conceptal Response to Oxidative StressCraig Harris; Fiscal Year: 2002..that may help explain the greater sensitivity of the rabbit to teratogens that produce oxidative stress such as thalidomide. The investigators propose to compare glutathione/glutathione disulfide/cysteine status and rates of new ..
- NUCLEOSIDE ANALOGS AS ANTICANCER COMPOUNDSYung Chi Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. To examine the impact of the antiangiogenesis compound, thalidomide on the: a. Antitumor activity of L-OddC. b...
- Anti-TfR IgG3-Av: A New Drug Against Multiple MyelomaMANUEL PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as biotinylated Pseudomonas exotoxin A (PE) and drugs currently used in the treatment of MM such as Thalidomide and Dexamethasone...
- EARLY DEVELOPMENTAL GENES AND AUTISMPatricia Rodier; Fiscal Year: 2000..In a recent report, thalidomide cases exposed during neural tube closure exhibited an autism rate of over 30%, along wit neurological symptoms ..
- GENOTYPE AND PHENOTYPE OF BRAINSTEM INJURY IN AUTISMPatricia Rodier; Fiscal Year: 2007..susceptibility factors in people exposed in utero to three teratogens known to be associated with autism: thalidomide, valproic acid, and misoprostol...
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Multiple MyelomaOlcay Batuman; Fiscal Year: 2006..in vitro colony formation, outgrowth, and capillary network formation, which was inhibited after effective thalidomide treatment...
- TUMOR PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONWilliam Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002..Effects of endostatin, thalidomide, thalidomide analogs and other putative angiogenesis inhibitors on tumor cell hypoxia, proliferation and ..
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..patients on ECOG study E3598, "A Phase III trial of Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and Radiotherapy, With or Without Thalidomide, in Patients With Stage III NSCLC," these advances in cancer biology will be translated into the clinic to ..
- Oramelts with DGL: Treatment of Minor RAUMichael Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..topical anesthetics, steroidal anti-inflammatories, H2 receptor antagonists (Tagamet) for gastric ulcers, and thalidomide. These treatment options are of limited efficacy for reducing the sensitivity associated with the lesions, can ..
- New Thalidomide Analogs for Retinal NeovacularizationKangmo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Thalidomide and its analogs have been shown to have anti-angiogenic activities and have been used for the treatments of ..
- MITIGATION OF EPISODIC WASTING IN HIV INFECTIONMorris Schambelan; Fiscal Year: 2000..immune activation during infection may mitigate the catabolic response, anorexia, and loss of weight and LBM; thalidomide, an inhibitor of TNFa synthesis, caused rapid weight gain in patients co-infected with HIV and M...
- Miscarriage and Birth Defects in 20th-Century AmericaLESLIE REAGAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..specific moments when environmental causes of miscarriage and birth defects were identified (namely syphilis, thalidomide, rubella, and herbicides) and became part of the public, political discourses as well as the subject of ..
- Roles of Cytokine in Pathogenesis of Anthrax InfectionGilla Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, we will study the effects of antibiotics combined with immunomodulatory drugs (thalidomide analogues) on the pathogenesis of anthrax meningitis, reported in 50% of human cases of systemic anthrax and ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITORS INDUCE AN ATHEROGENIC LIPOPROTEINGary Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..antiretroviral regimens with and without protease inhibitors, treating uninfected volunteers and using thalidomide to reduce the effects of TNF-alpha in patients with advanced HIV infection...
- ANGIOGENESIS AND ANGIOGENIC CYTOKINES IN MYELOMAS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2001..Anti-angiogenic therapy using thalidomide is being investigated in a clinical trial...
- Thiothalidomides as neuroprotectant drugs for PD.SOMASUNDAR GABBITA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, these studies suggest that TNF-a is a viable drug target for treating PD. Thalidomide demonstrates anti-PD activity by blocking TNF-a-mediated depletion of striatal DA levels in a PD mouse model ..
- Prognostic Impact of Glucocorticoid Receptors in MyelomaSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2006..ECOG trial E1A00 randomizes newly diagnosed MM patients to Thalidomide plus Dexamethasone versus Dexamethasone alone...
- NEUROPHARMACOLOGY OF HUMAN AND CANINE NARCOLEPSYEmmanuel Mignot; Fiscal Year: 2000..of immuno-modulators in narcolepsy; this area of investigation grew from the investigator's finding that thalidomide, a sedative-hypnotic with immunomodulatory effects, dramatically exacerbates canine narcolepsy in vivo...
- NUCLEOSIDE ANALOGS AS ANTICANCER COMPOUNDSYung Chi Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To examine the impact of the antiangiogenesis compound, thalidomide onthe: a. Antitumor activity of L-OddC. b...
- ANABOLIC THERAPIES AND THEIR METABOLIC EFFECTS IN AIDSMorris Schambelan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The major goals of this project are: 1) To investigate the mechanisms underlying the anabolic effects of thalidomide, 2) To determine the dose of hGH which achieves the optimal anabolic effect, 3) To determine whether a ..
- A CLINICAL TRIAL OF THALIDOMIDE FOR CROHN'S DISEASEEli Ehrenpreis; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our group recently performed an open-label trial of 200 mg/day of thalidomide, a potent inhibitor of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) for the treatment of twenty-two patients with refractory ..
- T Cell Immunity in Collagen Biosynthesis of SclerodermaStephen Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2005..My short term goals in this project are to clearly demonstrate that immune-modulation by thalidomide can affect collagen synthesis in scleroderma patients...
- Clinical and Molecular Evaluation of Cancer Therapy Induced MucositisSharon Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among the available TNF-alpha inhibitors, we select thalidomide. Our preliminary data suggest that thalidomide is bioavailable at the tissue level when topically applied and ..
- Thiothalidomides as neuroprotectants drugs for ALSSOMASUNDAR GABBITA; Fiscal Year: 2005..The selective TNF-a inhibitor thalidomide improves motor performance and prolongs survival in ALS mice suggesting TNFa as an ALS drug target...
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Quantitative Assessment of Angiogenesis By Perfusion MRIGlyn Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Serial pMRI measurements will be made on glioma patients enrolled in trials of new chemotherapeutic agents: thalidomide combined with carboplatin and the alkylating agents temodar and CPT-11...
- EXPLOITING NOVEL THERAPEUTIC TARGETS IN MULTIPLE MYELOMA (K23M)Ruben Niesvizky; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with this disease and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- A Novel Thalidomide Analog for the Treatment of Diabetic Macular EdemaDanyang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>Thalidomide and some of its existing analogs have displayed anti-angiogenic activities and have been used for the treatment ..
- Angiogenesis and thalidomide therapy in multiple myelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The anti-angiogenic agent, thalidomide, is effective in refractory MM and has shown marked synergy with dexamethasone...
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Thalidomide, an agent with antiangiogenic properties, has shown remarkable activity in patients with advanced MM...
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogous to our work with Muc-1, we will also attempt to identify other PCD selective targets by generating and examining mAbs specific to the plasma cell glycoform of CD138. ..
- Fetal DNA oxidation and repair in neurodegenerationPeter Wells; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide mechanistic insight into the fetal origin of environmentally-induced neurodevelopmental defects, and the role of DNA repair activity as a risk factor. ..
- Phase I study of 5-aza-2?-deoxycitidine in acute lymphocytic leukemiaGuillermo Garcia Manero; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this proposal, we plan to develop a new form of low-dose chemotherapy, decitabine, for these patients. Early results indicate that this is active and safe. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Hyaluronan-induced signaling and gene regulationMAUREEN RENEE HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that these studies will provide the pre-clinical basis for the use of specific agents in the treatment of inflammatory lung dis13ases such as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, chronic bronchitis and emphysema. ..
- Treatment decision making in older adults newly diagnosed with multiple myelomaJoseph D Tariman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Due to the limited studies in older adults with cancer, these specific aspects of decision-making have not been previously explored. ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC T CELL COSTIMULATION IN HIV DISEASEPatrick Haslett; Fiscal Year: 2005..The immune modulatory drug thalidomide was recently found to costimulate T cells and result in secondary, T cell-dependent stimulation of IL-12 ..
- Cell Cycle Controlling Genes in Adult Acute LymphomaGuillermo Garcia Manero; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..