- Scavenge-ROMP-filter: a facile strategy for soluble scavenging via norbornenyl tagging of electrophilic Reagents
Joel D Moore
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7582, USA
Org Lett 4:1847-9. 2002
..This process yields a polymer that can be precipitated with methanol or ether/hexane, leaving products in excellent yield and purity...
- Cross-linking and degradation of step-growth hydrogels formed by thiol-ene photoclick chemistry
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, United States
Biomacromolecules 13:2003-12. 2012
..In addition, we incorporated a chymotrypsin-sensitive peptide as part of the cross-linkers to tune the mode of gel degradation from bulk degradation to surface erosion...
- A 1,3-Diaza-Claisen rearrangement that affords guanidines
Amy M Bowser
Department of Chemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Org Lett 6:3409-12. 2004
..reaction: see text] N-Alkyl-N'-tosylthioureas activated by EDCI react with azanorbonenes at room temperature through a 1,3-diaza-Claisen rearrangement, affording highly substituted, bicyclic guanidines in moderate to good yields...
- Supramolecular catalysis at work: diastereoselective synthesis of a molecular bowl with dynamic inner space
Department of Chemistry, The Ohio State University, 100 West 18th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Org Chem 73:355-63. 2008
..Ultimately, Ag(I) has been shown to assist the diastereoselective formation of 1syn, lending support to the notion of template-directed synthesis...
- New norbornyl derivatives as woody fragrant materials
Mane S A, Chemistry Research Center, 620 route de Grasse, F 06620 Le Bar sur Loup
Chem Biodivers 5:1099-114. 2008
..Employing this new ketone as starting material, derivatives with new woody odor notes as well as attempts to obtain ambery-musky odorants are reported...
- Chiral polycyclic ketones via desymmetrization of dihaloolefins
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali and Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita Ca Foscari di Venezia, Dorsoduro 2137, I 30123 Venezia, Italy
J Org Chem 72:4272-5. 2007
..The generality of this desymmetrization with (-)-ephedrine was tested with dibromonorbornadiene 2c and other substituted dichloronorbornadienes...
- Asymmetric electrophilic amination of various carbon nucleophiles with enantiomerically pure chiral N-h oxaziridines derived from camphor and fenchone
Philip C Bulman Page
Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, England
J Org Chem 67:7787-96. 2002
..One of the ester or nitrile units in the substrate usually undergoes hydrolysis; a cyclic mechanism is proposed to account for this observation...
- Synthesis and activity studies of analogues of the rat selective toxicant norbormide
Department of Chemistry, University of Auckland, 23 Symonds Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2963-74. 2007
..Their synthesis and biological evaluation (vasoconstriction, vasodilation, mitochondrial dysfunction, cardiotoxicity and lethality) is described...
- Fenchone, camphor, 2-methylenefenchone and 2-methylenecamphor: a vibrational circular dichroism study
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Brescia, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Phys Chem A 110:4958-68. 2006
- Increased polymer length of oligopeptide-substituted polynorbornenes with LiCl
Kenny S Roberts
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3400, USA
J Org Chem 68:2020-3. 2003
..This methodology should significantly expand the variety of polymers that may be prepared by ROMP and be of general use with norbornyl oligopeptides of any sequence...
- Ethene/norbornene copolymerization by [MeSi(3-(tert)BuCp) (N(tert)Bu)]TiCl2/MAO-catalyst
Phu Dennis Tran
Institute of Technical and Macromolecular Chemistry, University of Hamburg, Germany
J Zhejiang Univ Sci 4:121-30. 2003
..High copolymerization values r(E) and high alternation are determined. The number of isotactic alternating sequences is much higher than that of the syndiotactic alternating sequences...
- Ruthenium-catalyzed [2 + 2] cycloadditions between 7-substituted norbornadienes and alkynes: an experimental and theoretical study
Robert W Jordan
Guelph Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Org Chem 69:8467-74. 2004
..3-9.8 kcal/mol. The activation energy relative to the metallacyclopentene for the reductive elimination step is much higher than for the oxidative addition step (in the range of 25.9-27.6 kcal/mol)...
- Regiodivergent Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of fused ketones by recombinant whole-cell biocatalysts
Marko D Mihovilovic
Institute of Applied Synthetic Chemistry, Vienna University of Technology, Getreidemarkt 9 163 OC, 1060 Vienna, Austria
ChemSusChem 1:143-8. 2008
..The complementary behavior of enzymes was found to correlate with our previous observation of clustering of cycloketone-oxidizing proteins into two distinct clusters based on phylogenetic relationship and biocatalyst performance...
- Stereochemistry of beta-deuterium isotope effects on amine basicity
Charles L Perrin
Department of Chemistry 0358, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0358, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:9641-7. 2005
..The isotope effect is attributed to a lowered zero-point energy of a C-H bond adjacent to an amine nitrogen, arising from delocalization of either a syn or an anti lone pair, and with no detectable angle-independent inductive effect...
- Catalytic hydroamination of alkynes and norbornene with neutral and cationic tantalum imido complexes
Laura L Anderson
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Org Lett 6:2519-22. 2004
..Factors affecting catalyst activity and selectivity are discussed along with mechanistic insights gained from stoichiometric reactions...
- Remote electronic effects in the rhodium-catalyzed nucleophilic ring opening of oxabenzonorbornadienes
Davenport Research Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3H6
J Org Chem 67:8043-53. 2002
..Post ring-opening manipulations of functional groups in the dihydronaphthalene products were shown to give efficient access to mono- and diamine tetrahydronaphthalene building blocks...
- Surface-initiated, ring-opening metathesis polymerization: formation of diblock copolymer brushes and solvent-dependent morphological changes
Department of Chemistry and School of Molecular Science, Center for Molecular Design and Synthesis, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea
Langmuir 23:6761-5. 2007
..After the formation, the polymer-grafted substrates were immersed in various solvents, and the selective swelling characteristics of polymer brushes were investigated by atomic force microscopy...
- Chiral norbornadienes as efficient ligands for the rhodium-catalyzed asymmetric 1,4-addition of arylboronic acids to fumaric and maleic compounds
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Org Lett 6:3425-7. 2004
..While phosphorus-based chiral ligands fail to induce high stereoselectivity, chiral norbornadiene ligands have proved to be uniquely effective to achieve high enantioselectivity in these 1,4-addition reactions...
- ROMP-generated oligomeric sulfonyl chlorides as versatile soluble scavenging agents
Joel D Moore
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7582, USA
Org Lett 5:105-7. 2003
..Following the scavenging event, these oligomers are precipitated with ethyl acetate leaving products in excellent yield and purity...
- Shape-tunable polymer nodules grown from liposomes via ring-opening metathesis polymerization
Laboratoire de Physicochimie Curie, Institut Curie, UMR 168, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Am Chem Soc 126:15958-9. 2004
..We obtain nodules of polymer that can grow up to tens of micrometers, unveiling new efficient possibilities of polymerization from a membrane in an aqueous solution...
- Tuning the hemolytic and antibacterial activities of amphiphilic polynorbornene derivatives
M Firat Ilker
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:15870-5. 2004
..For appropriate monomer composition, selectivity against bacteria versus human red blood cells was determined to be over 100...
- Studies toward the synthesis of azadirachtin, part 1: total synthesis of a fully functionalized ABC ring framework and coupling with a norbornene domain
K C Nicolaou
Department of Chemistry and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:3443-7. 2005
- Asymmetric Diels-Alder reactions of chiral cyclopropylidene imide dienophiles: preparation of gem-dimethyl- and spirocyclopropane norbornyl carboxylic acids
Jeffrey T Kuethe
Department of Process Research, Merck and Co, Inc, P O Box 2000, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Org Chem 71:2192-5. 2006
..The key transformation involved the unprecedented asymmetric Diels-Alder reaction of highly reactive beta,beta-cyclopropyl-alpha,beta-unstaturated N-acyloxazolidinones with cyclopentadiene affording the adducts in high yield and de...
- Identification and structure-activity relationship studies of 3-methylene-2-norbornanone as potent anti-proliferative agents presumably working through p53 mediated apoptosis
N Laxma Reddy
Ricerca Biosciences, 7528 Auburn Road, Concord, OH 44077, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:5645-9. 2004
..Further, compound 3 and its analogs showed refolding of mutant p53 protein comparable to their anti-proliferative activities suggesting possible interaction with mutant p53 protein...
- Stabilization of a kinetically favored nanostructure: surface ROMP of self-assembled conductive nanocoils from a norbornene-appended hexa-peri-hexabenzocoronene
ERATO SORST Nanospace Project, Japan Science and Technology Agency JST, National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, 2 41 Aomi, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 128:14337-40. 2006
..The polymerized nanocoils show an electroconductivity of 1 x 10(-)(4) S cm(-)(1) upon doping with I(2), while the nonpolymerized nanocoils are disrupted upon being doped...
- Steric and electronic factors influencing recognition by a simple, charge neutral norbornene based anion receptor
Adam J Lowe
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Deakin University, Geelong, Vic, Australia
Org Biomol Chem 5:1343-6. 2007
- Specific inhibition of kynurenate synthesis enhances extracellular dopamine levels in the rodent striatum
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, P O Box 21247, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Neuroscience 159:196-203. 2009
..Taken together, these results provide further support for the concept that KAT II is a critical determinant of functionally relevant KYNA fluctuations in the rodent striatum...
- Determination of 5-ethylidene-2-norbornene in industrial emission
Italian National Research Council Institute for Atmospheric Pollution Research CNR IIA, Via Salaria Km 29, 300 00015 Monterotondo, Rome, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:4881-5. 2013
..The method could be extended to other reactive compounds of the same class...
- Polymer-DNA hybrids as electrochemical probes for the detection of DNA
Julianne M Gibbs
Department of Chemistry and Institute for Nanotechnology, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3113, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:1170-8. 2005
..Significantly, single-base mismatches could be easily detected using two distinct block copolymers as dual-channel detection probes in an electrochemical DNA detection format...
- Pd(II)-catalyzed regioselective 2-alkylation of indoles via a norbornene-mediated C-H activation: mechanism and applications
Lehrstuhl für Organische Chemie I and Catalysis Research Center, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85747 Garching, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 134:14563-72. 2012
- Diastereochemical differentiation of some cyclic and bicyclic beta-amino acids, via the kinetic method
Anna R M Hyyryläinen
Department of Chemistry, University of Joensuu, Joensuu, Finland
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:34-41. 2009
..Ab initio and hybrid density functional theory calculations were performed to clarify the results obtained by mass spectrometry...
- Ring-opening metathesis polymerization-based recyclable magnetic acylation reagents
Quirin M Kainz
Institute for Organic Chemistry, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
ChemSusChem 6:721-9. 2013
..The spent resins were successfully re-acylated by acid chlorides, anhydrides, and carboxylic acids and reused for up to five consecutive cycles without considerable loss of activity...
- Assessing the molecular basis for rat-selective induction of the mitochondrial permeability transition by norbormide
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology Pharmacology Division, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:980-8. 2007
..The species-selectivity may depend on the unique properties of a transport system allowing drug internalisation in rat mitochondria...
- Prodrugs of N-dicarboximide derivatives of the rat selective toxicant norbormide
School of Chemical Sciences, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Bioorg Med Chem 21:5886-99. 2013
..Moreover, prodrug 25 was found to be largely accepted by rats in a choice trial, resulting in high mortality...
- Synthesis of novel purine-based coxsackievirus inhibitors bearing polycylic substituents at the N-9 position
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Gilead Sciences and IOCB Research Centre, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 347:478-85. 2014
..The series includes norbornanes, bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes, and bicyclo[3.2.1]octanes attached at the bridgehead position as well as bicyclo[3.1...
- Approaches to syn-7-substituted 2-azanorbornanes as potential nicotinic agonists; synthesis of syn- and anti-isoepibatidine
John R Malpass
Department of Chemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Org Lett 7:2759-62. 2005
..Facial selectivity in attack on 7-keto-2-azanorbornanes depends heavily on the N-protecting group leading to the first syn-7-hydroxy-2-azabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane derivative...
- A new access route to functionalized cispentacins from norbornene β-amino acids
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Szeged, 6720 Szeged, Eotvos u 6, Hungary
Chemistry 19:2102-7. 2013
..The synthesis involves olefinic bond functionalization by dihydroxylation followed by oxidative ring cleavage and transformation of the dialdehyde intermediate through a Wittig reaction...
- Electronic regioselectivity of diarylalkynes in cobalt-mediated Pauson-Khand reaction: an experimental and computational study with para- and meta-substituted diarylalkynes and norbornene
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Helsinki, A I Virtasen Aukio 1, P O Box 55, Helsinki, Finland
J Org Chem 77:9134-47. 2012
..Overall, the results suggest that the polarity of an alkyne, also designated by the relative polarization of aryl α-carbons, dictates the regioselectivity in the absence of steric effects...
- Solid-state 13C NMR and quantum chemical investigation of metal diene complexes
Departments of Chemistry, University of Utah, 201 S President s Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Magn Reson Chem 45:393-400. 2007
..2.1]hepta-2,5-diene (BCHD)dichlororuthenium(II) polymer...
- Supramolecular ABC triblock copolymers via one-pot, orthogonal self-assembly
Si Kyung Yang
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:1637-45. 2010
- The norbornene mystery revealed
Stephan N Steinmann
Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL SB ISIC, Lausanne, Switzerland
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:227-9. 2011
..e. Lewis structures). Our block-localized wavefunction analysis coupled with the computations of NMR parameters evidently supports the manifestation of a density redistribution toward an incipient retro-Diels-Alder reaction...
- Norbornene derived doxorubicin copolymers as drug carriers with pH responsive hydrazone linker
Vijayakameswara Rao N
Polymer Research Centre, Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India
Biomacromolecules 13:221-30. 2012
- Anticancer thiopyrano[2,3-d][1,3]thiazol-2-ones with norbornane moiety. Synthesis, cytotoxicity, physico-chemical properties, and computational studies
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Department of Pharmaceutical, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, Pekarska 69, Lviv 79010, Ukraine
Bioorg Med Chem 14:5230-40. 2006
..Docking and structure-activity relationship studies produced seven QSAR models with 2 or 3 variables, with correlation coefficients r2>0.9 and leave-one-out cross-validation correlation coefficients, q2>0.8...
- A cope rearrangement-based route to hexahydroazulenes
Curtis A Seizert
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, Campus Box 1134, One Brookings Drive, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Org Lett 12:3472-5. 2010
..2-exo-Vinyl-7-alkylidenenorbornanes, readily prepared from fulvene Diels-Alder adducts, undergo smooth Cope rearrangement at elevated temperatures to produce hexahydroazulene derivatives...
- Synthesis of bis-peptides attached on poly[n]norbornene molecular scaffolds with well-defined relative positions and distances
Centre for Molecular Architecture, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, QLD, 4702, Australia
Mol Divers 15:541-60. 2011
..Chemical elaboration of bridgehead dimethyl esters of ACE products or epoxide ACE reagents was also used for peptide attachment...
- [Analysis on the compositions of volatile oil of Alpinia henryi with GC-MS method]
Hua Zhen Qin
Guangxi Traditional Chinese Medical University, Nanning 530001, China
Zhong Yao Cai 34:1897-9. 2011
..To study the components of volatile oil of Alpinia henryi...
- Effect of various visible light photoinitiators on the polymerization and color of light-activated resins
Department of Biomaterials Science, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University
Dent Mater J 28:454-60. 2009
..Our results indicate that the TPO photoinitiator and the violet-LED light unit may provide a useful and improved photopolymerization system for dental light-activated resins...
- Interactions between ethylene, gibberellin and abscisic acid regulate emergence and growth rate of adventitious roots in deepwater rice
Botanisches Institut, Universitat Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, 24098 Kiel, Germany
Planta 223:604-12. 2006
..Different interactions between the same hormones may be a means to ensure proper timing of cell death and root emergence and to adjust the growth rate of emerged adventitious roots...
- Photoinduced intramolecular electron transfer and triplet energy transfer in a steroid-linked norbornadiene-carbazole dyad
Li Ping Zhang
Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Chemistry 9:2763-9. 2003
..The long-distance intramolecular triplet energy transfer and electron transfers starting both from the singlet and triplet excited states are proposed to proceed by a through-bond mechanism...
- Rational design and synthesis of an orally active indolopyridone as a novel conformationally constrained cannabinoid ligand possessing antiinflammatory properties
Stephen T Wrobleski
Department of Discovery Chemistry, Bristol Myers Squibb, P O Box 4000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
J Med Chem 46:2110-6. 2003
..0 nM) and possesses antiinflammatory properties when administered orally in an in vivo murine inflammation model...
- Design, synthesis, and crystal structure of self-assembling norbornene (NBE)-supported two-helix bundles: a unique example of Janus helicity in the solid-state structure of NBE(Aib(5))(2)
Discovery Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Biopolymers 54:249-61. 2000
..The helices in all the molecules are the 3(10)-type...
- Rational design, synthesis, and pharmacological evaluation of 2-azanorbornane-3-exo,5-endo-dicarboxylic acid: a novel conformationally restricted glutamic acid analogue
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Org Chem 68:1489-95. 2003
- Incorporation of conformationally constrained beta-amino acids into peptides
Department of Chemistry, King s College, Strand, London, UK
J Pept Sci 6:301-13. 2000
..As an illustration of the application of this chemistry, a short, asymmetric synthesis of conformationally constrained metalloprotease inhibitors is presented...
- Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction and fractionation of fennel oil
Central Food Research Institute, Budapest, Hungary
J Agric Food Chem 47:1635-40. 1999
..Sensory evaluation showed that the CO(2) extraction product and distilled oil were more intense in odor and taste than alcohol and hexane extracts...
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: synthesis and inhibition against isozymes I, II and IV of topically acting antiglaucoma sulfonamides incorporating cis-5-norbornene-endo-3-carboxy-2-carboxamido moieties
, Laboratorio di Chimica Inorganica e Bioinorganica, Via Gino Capponi 7, I-50121, Florence, Italy
J Enzyme Inhib 16:113-23. 2001
- Substrates modulate the rate-determining step for CO binding in cytochrome P450cam (CYP101). A high-pressure stopped-flow study
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Protein Dynamics Laboratory, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:2989-96. 2002
..In addition, subconformers have been found for the substrate-free and camphane-bound protein which show different CO binding kinetics...
- Changes in sodium, potassium-ATPase induced by repeated fencamfamine: the roles of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase and the nitric oxide-cyclic GMP pathway
Carolina Demarchi Munhoz
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Prof Lineu Prestes, 1524 Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 45:1151-9. 2003
..We suggest that chronic FCF treatment is linked to a modification in Na,K-ATPase activity through the PKA and NO-cyclic GMP pathway...
- Catalytic asymmetric ring-opening metathesis/cross metathesis (AROM/CM) reactions. Mechanism and application to enantioselective synthesis of functionalized cyclopentanes
D S La
Departments of Chemistry, Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:7767-78. 2001
..Although electron rich benzylidenes react more efficiently, the derived electron poor Mo complexes promote AROM/CM transformations as well; alkylidenes that bear a boron substituent are unreactive...
- Developing soluble polymers for high-throughput synthetic chemistry
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 5:233-40. 2002
- Alpha,gamma-diamino acids: asymmetric synthesis of new constrained 6-amino-3-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane-6-carboxylic acids
Istituto di Chimica Organica A Marchesini, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Milano, via Venezian 21, I 20133 Milano, Italy
J Org Chem 71:8467-72. 2006
..This method provides a fast access to optically pure amino acids 8 and 9 which can be considered both alpha,gamma- and alpha,delta-diamino acids containing sterical constraints and characterized by alpha,alpha-disubstitution...
- Copper-free "click" modification of DNA via nitrile oxide-norbornene 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition
Center for Integrative Protein Science at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Butenandtstr 5 13, 81377 Munich
Org Lett 11:2405-8. 2009
..The reaction allows high density functionalization of oligodeoxyribonucleotides (ODNs) with a large variety of molecules directly on solid supports and even in synthesizers without the need for an additional catalyst...
- Chemical composition of vintage preban absinthe with special reference to thujone, fenchone, pinocamphone, methanol, copper, and antimony concentrations
Dirk W Lachenmeier
Chemisches und Veterinaruntersuchungsamt CVUA Karlsruhe, Weissenburger Strasse 3, D 76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:3073-81. 2008
..Analyses of pinocamphone, fenchone, base spirits, copper, and antimony were inconspicuous. All things considered, nothing besides ethanol was found in the absinthes that was able to explain the syndrome "absinthism"...
- A novel one-step synthesis of imidazo[5,1-a]isoquinolines via a tandem Pd-catalyzed alkylation-direct arylation sequence
School of Chemistry, University College of Science, University of Tehran, P O Box 14155 6455, Tehran, Iran
J Org Chem 74:1364-6. 2009
..This method provides an efficient route to a wide variety of substituted imidazo[5,1-a]isoquinolines from readily accessible N-bromoalkyl imidazoles and aryl iodides...
- Application of secondary alkyl halides to a domino aryl alkylation reaction for the synthesis of aromatic heterocycles
Davenport Research Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3H6, Canada
J Org Chem 74:289-97. 2009
..The use of enantioenriched substrates has shown that this palladium-catalyzed reaction is stereospecific, proceeding with minimal erosion of ee...
- Alkene distortion energies and torsional effects control reactivities, and stereoselectivities of azide cycloadditions to norbornene and substituted norbornenes
Steven A Lopez
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1569, United States
J Org Chem 78:1778-83. 2013
..The stereoselectivities of reactions of norbornene derivatives are controlled primarily by torsional effects that also influence alkene pyramidalization. These reactions are distortion-accelerated...
- Signaling mechanisms for the selective vasoconstrictor effect of norbormide on the rat small arteries
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:458-63. 2001
..Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum seems not involved in NRB vasoconstriction...
- Canine mast cell adenosine receptors: cloning and expression of the A3 receptor and evidence that degranulation is mediated by the A2B receptor
J A Auchampach
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Mol Pharmacol 52:846-60. 1997
..Although A2B receptors play a major role in the regulation of BR mast cell degranulation, multiple AR subtypes and G proteins may influence mast cell functions...
- Binding orientation of amphetamine and norfenfluramine analogues in the benzonorbornene and benzobicyclo[3.2.1]octane ring systems at the active site of phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT)
G L Grunewald
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045
J Med Chem 30:2191-208. 1987
- Asymmetric synthesis of dihydrofurans via a formal retro-Claisen photorearrangement
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, B C, Canada V6T 1Z1
J Am Chem Soc 127:2725-30. 2005
- Strategies and methods for the attachment of amino acids and peptides to chiral [n]polynorbornane templates
Frederick M Pfeffer
Department of Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Org Biomol Chem 1:1845-51. 2003
..The strategies employed allow a range of topologies to be accessed and a number of regioselectively addressable linkage points to be accommodated...
- Iridium-catalyzed asymmetric hydroalkynylation reactions of oxabenzonorbornadienes
Key Laboratory of Chemistry in Ethnic Medicinal Resources, State Ethnic Affairs Commission and Ministry of Education, Yunnan University of Nationalities, Kunming, 650500, China
Org Biomol Chem 11:814-20. 2013
- Chronic lithium chloride treatment has variable effects on motor behaviour and survival of mice transgenic for the Huntington's disease mutation
Nigel I Wood
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, CB2 1PD Cambridge, UK
Brain Res Bull 61:375-83. 2003
..The improvement in rotarod performance suggests that lithium may improve motor symptoms as well as depression in some HD patients...
- Genetically encoded norbornene directs site-specific cellular protein labelling via a rapid bioorthogonal reaction
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Nat Chem 4:298-304. 2012
- Effect of binary combination of some plant-derived molluscicides with MGK-264 or piperonyl butoxide on the reproduction of the snail Lymnaea acuminata
Department of Zoology, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur 273 009, India
Pest Manag Sci 61:204-8. 2005
..Removal of the snails to fresh water after the 96-h treatments caused a significant recovery in the fecundity of L acuminata...
- Remote exo/endo selectivity in selective monohydrolysis of dialkyl bicyclo[2.2.1]heptane-2,3-dicarboxylate derivatives
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409 1061, USA
J Org Chem 75:3775-80. 2010
..The effect of the co-solvent we studied earlier for the selective monohydrolysis reaction was also confirmed and contributed to improvement of the yields of the half-esters...
- Examples of regioselective anion recognition among a family of two-, three-, and four-"armed" bis-, tris-, and tetrakis(thioureido) [n]polynorbornane hosts
Adam J Lowe
Research Centre for Chemistry and Biotechnology, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds 3217, Australia
J Org Chem 77:8507-17. 2012
- Unusual emission from norbornene derived phosphonate molecule--a sensor for Fe(III) in aqueous environment
Polymer Research Centre, Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata IISER K, India
Nanoscale 4:6962-6. 2012
..Our hypothesis is further strengthened as there is no emission from NDPH1. The unusual fluorescence is utilized as a new fluorometric sensor that selectively detects Fe(III) ions...
- DFT and experimental exploration of intramolecular [2 + 2 + 2] cycloaddition of oxanorbornadienedicarboxylates and analogues
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, 100029 Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Org Chem 78:3039-47. 2013
..The intermolecular version was also evaluated in comparison with the intramolecular version. Finally, our experimental tests verified the calculational prediction of the regioselectivity and reactivity...
- The stereochemical outcome of allyl magnesium and indium additions to 5-substituted norbornen-7-ones and its application to cis fused carbocycle formation via ring rearrangement metathesis
Patricia E Standen
Department of Chemistry, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Org Biomol Chem 10:8669-76. 2012
..The subsequent exposure of the addition products to metathesis conditions, in the presence of ethene, then provided cis fused[3.0.3]-carbocycles with very high regioselectivity, via a Ring Rearrangement Metathesis (RRM) transformation...
- Design and synthesis of prodrugs of the rat selective toxicant norbormide
Department of Chemistry, University of Auckland, 23 Symonds Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Bioorg Med Chem 20:3997-4011. 2012
..Compound 19 displayed the most promising profile with respect to a delay in the onset of symptoms and was subsequently demonstrated to be significantly more palatable to rats...
- Mutagenesis and functional studies with succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors in the wheat pathogen Mycosphaerella graminicola
Syngenta Crop Protection Münchwilen AG, Stein, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e35429. 2012
- Norbormide enhances late steps of steroid-hormone synthesis in rat and mouse adrenal cortex
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Padua, Via Gabelli 65, I 35121 Padua, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 84:479-83. 2003
..The mechanism underlying the selective activating action of norbormide on 11beta- and 18-hydroxylation remains to be investigated...
- Catalytic functionalization of unactivated primary C-H bonds directed by an alcohol
Eric M Simmons
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Nature 483:70-3. 2012
- Synthesis and evaluation of a series of 1,2,4,5-tetrazines for bioorthogonal conjugation
Mark R Karver
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Bioconjug Chem 22:2263-70. 2011
..One promising, highly stable, and water-soluble derivative was used in pretargeted cancer cell labeling studies, confirming its utility as a bioorthogonal moiety...
- The use of an emulsion templated microcellular poly(dicyclopentadiene-co-norbornene) membrane as a separator in lithium-ion batteries
Graz University of Technology, Institute for Chemistry and Technology of Materials, Stremayrgasse 9, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Macromol Rapid Commun 34:581-7. 2013
..These results demonstrate that a potential weakness in the newly disclosed separator, namely residual double bonds present in the polymer network, does not limit the use of this material as a separator in lithium-ion batteries...
- NIR-VCD, vibrational circular dichroism in the near-infrared: experiments, theory and calculations
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Chirality 21:E242-52. 2009
..We hope to stimulate interest in this still scarcely explored spectroscopy of chiral molecules...
- Comparative analysis of IR and vibrational circular dichroism spectra for a series of camphor-related molecules
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Phys Chem A 113:11390-405. 2009
..A discussion is provided as to the usability of the introduced algorithms...
- Transport of L-carnitine in human corneal and conjunctival epithelial cells
Brien Holden Vision Institute, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Mol Vis 16:1823-31. 2010
..The present study aimed to examine the characteristics of L-carnitine transporters in cultured human limbal corneal (HCLE) and conjunctival epithelial (HCjE) cells...
- Investigation of thiol-ene and thiol-ene-methacrylate based resins as dental restorative materials
NEIL B CRAMER
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Dent Mater 26:21-8. 2010
..The objective of this work was to evaluate thiol-norbornene and thiol-ene-methacrylate systems as the resin phase of dental restorative materials and demonstrate their superior performance as compared to dimethacrylate materials...
- Ring-opening metathesis polymerization-based synthesis of ICG-containing amphiphilic triblock copolymers for in vivo tumor imaging
Department of Energy and Hydrocarbon Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 20:511-7. 2009
..In addition, the spherical assemblies of water-soluble polymers accumulated in a tumor cell over two weeks...
- Alternating ring-opening metathesis copolymerization of amino acid derived norbornene monomers carrying nonprotected carboxy and amino groups based on acid-base interaction
Department of Polymer Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura Campus, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 131:10546-51. 2009
..It is considered that alternating copolymerization is brought about by the acid-base interaction between the monomers and/or between the propagating polymer end and the incoming monomer...
- Pharmacological evaluation of 2-amino-6(7)- and 9-amino-6-trifluoromethylbenzonorbornenes, the conformationally rigid analogues of norfenfluramine in mice
N M Gray
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612
Gen Pharmacol 24:1343-9. 1993
..5. Only the exo-2-amino isomer exhibited analgesic potency similar to that of fenfluramine. Furthermore all of these compounds were capable of enhancing the analgesic activity of morphine...
- Influence of the solvent ability to form hydrogen bonds in the crystal structure of ([3beta,5beta,7alpha,12alpha]-3[(norbornyl-2-acetyl)-amino]-7,12-dihydroxycholan-24-oic acid (a norbornyl derivative of cholic acid)
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Lugo, Spain
Steroids 74:735-41. 2009
..The side chain has a ttti conformation in the two orthorhombic crystals, and a tgtg one in the monoclinic crystal...
- Calculation of electronic circular dichroism spectra with time-dependent double-hybrid density functional theory
Theoretische Organische Chemie, Organisch Chemisches Institut, Universitat Munster, Corrensstrasse 40, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Phys Chem A 113:767-76. 2009
..Therefore, we can recommend the use of the new double-hybrid approach for the computation of CD and the prediction of absolute configurations of chiral molecules...
- A direct route to cyclic organic nanostructures via ring-expansion metathesis polymerization of a dendronized macromonomer
Andrew J Boydston
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Laboratory of Chemical Synthesis, Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:5388-9. 2009
..The strategy provides a direct, efficient route to nanoscale rings in a single operation. AFM imaging confirmed toroidal features having diameters of ca. 35-40 nm...
- Vapor emissions resulting from Nd:YAG laser interaction with tooth structure
S C Gelskey
Department of Dental Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Dent Mater 14:453-7. 1998
..Odors resulting from laser irradiation have been reported, but the nature and toxicity of associated decomposition vapors is unknown and the health consequences of their inhalation have not yet been studied...
- Norbornene-constrained cyclic peptides with hairpin architecture: design, synthesis, conformation, and membrane ion transport
Discovery Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, and Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
J Org Chem 65:365-74. 2000
- Heterogeneous C-C coupling and polymerization catalysts prepared by ROMP
Michael R Buchmeiser
Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52 a, Austria
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:1837-40. 2002
..The general concept for the synthesis of these supports will be outlined in detailed...
- Time-dependent fifth-order bands in nominally third-order 2D IR vibrational echo spectra
Megan C Thielges
Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Phys Chem A 115:9714-23. 2011
- Hydride mobility in trinuclear sulfido clusters with the core [Rh3(μ-H)(μ3-S)2]: molecular models for hydrogen migration on metal sulfide hydrotreating catalysts
M Victoria Jiménez
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Instituto Universitario de Catalisis Homogenea, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Aragon, Universidad de Zaragoza C S I C 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Chemistry 17:8115-28. 2011
- Stereoselective inhibition of cholesterol esterase by enantiomers of exo- and endo-2-norbornyl-N-n-butylcarbamates
Ming Cheng Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, School of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Protein J 30:220-7. 2011
..6 times more potent than the R-enantiomer. The enzyme-inhibitor complex models have been proposed to explain these different enantioselectivities...