Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds with a core of 10 carbons generally formed via the mevalonate pathway from the combination of 3,3-dimethylallyl pyrophosphate and isopentenyl pyrophosphate. They are cyclized and oxidized in a variety of ways. Due to the low molecular weight many of them exist in the form of essential oils (OILS, VOLATILE).
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Monoterpene and sesquiterpene synthases and the origin of terpene skeletal diversity in plantsJörg Degenhardt
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Institute for Pharmacy, Halle Saale, Germany
Phytochemistry 70:1621-37. 2009....
- Terpenoid metabolism in wild-type and transgenic Arabidopsis plantsAsaph Aharoni
Plant Research International, 6700 AA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Cell 15:2866-84. 2003..Most of the volatiles detected were monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which in contrast to other volatiles showed a diurnal emission pattern...
- The phenolic hydroxyl group of carvacrol is essential for action against the food-borne pathogen Bacillus cereusA Ultee
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences, Department of Preservation Technology and Food Safety, Agrotechnological Research Institute ATO B V, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1561-8. 2002..The resulting collapse of the proton motive force and depletion of the ATP pool eventually lead to cell death...
- Impact of ozone on monoterpene emissions and evidence for an isoprene-like antioxidant action of monoterpenes emitted by Quercus ilex leavesFrancesco Loreto
CNR Istituto di Biologia Agroambientale e Forestale, Monterotondo Scalo, Italy
Tree Physiol 24:361-7. 2004Quercus ilex (L.) leaves emit monoterpenes, particularly alpha-pinene, beta-pinene and sabinene...
- Monoterpenes with analgesic activity--a systematic reviewAdriana G Guimarães
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sergipe DFS UFS, Sao Cristovao, SE, Brazil
Phytother Res 27:1-15. 2013..In the search for new therapeutic options, plants are a major source of novel biomolecules. Monoterpenes constitute 90% of essential oils, and there is a growing interest in understanding the mechanisms underlying ..
- De novo synthesis of monoterpenes by Saccharomyces cerevisiae wine yeastsFrancisco M Carrau
Seccion Enologia, Departmento de Ciencia y Tecnologia de Alimentos, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de la Republica, 11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
FEMS Microbiol Lett 243:107-15. 2005This paper reports the production of monoterpenes, which elicit a floral aroma in wine, by strains of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- (-)-Linalool produces antinociception in two experimental models of painAlessandra T Peana
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via Muroni 23 A, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 460:37-41. 2003..Finally, the activation of opioidergic and cholinergic systems appears to play a crucial role in (-)-linalool-induced antinociception...
- Monoterpenoids induce agonist-specific desensitization of transient receptor potential vanilloid-3 (TRPV3) ion channelsMuhammad Azhar Sherkheli
Department of Cell Physiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum 44801, Germany
J Pharm Pharm Sci 12:116-28. 2009..In the present investigation TRPV3 was transiently expressed in either Xenopus oocytes or HEK293 cells. Whole-cell voltage-clamp techniques were used to characterize the behavior of TRPV3 when challenged with different agonists...
- Mechanisms of action of carvacrol on the food-borne pathogen Bacillus cereusA Ultee
Agrotechnological Research Institute, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:4606-10. 1999..cereus by changing its permeability for cations like H(+) and K(+). The dissipation of ion gradients leads to impairment of essential processes in the cell and finally to cell death...
- Identification of genes and proteins necessary for catabolism of acyclic terpenes and leucine/isovalerate in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKarin Förster-Fromme
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4819-28. 2006..A regulatory gene, atuR, was identified upstream of atuABCDEFGH and negatively regulated expression of the atu gene cluster...
- The influence of Ceratocystis polonica inoculation and methyl jasmonate application on terpene chemistry of Norway spruce, Picea abiesTao Zhao
Ecological Chemistry Group, Department of Chemistry, Royal Institute of Technology, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phytochemistry 71:1332-41. 2010..Thus, terpene composition in the stem bark may be related to resistance of Norway spruce against I. typographus and C. polonica...
- A pharmacological profile of the aldehyde receptor repertoire in rat olfactory epitheliumRicardo C Araneda
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Physiol 555:743-56. 2004..This large number of receptors for octanal suggests that, although the peripheral olfactory system is endowed with high sensitivity, discrimination among different compounds probably requires further central processing...
- Mechanisms of antibacterial action of three monoterpenesDomenico Trombetta
Department Farmaco Biologico, School of Pharmacy, University of Messina, Contrada Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2474-8. 2005In the present paper, we report the antimicrobial efficacy of three monoterpenes [linalyl acetate, (+)menthol, and thymol] against the gram-positive bacterium Staphylococcus aureus and the gram-negative bacterium Escherichia coli...
- Plant terpenes affect intensity and temporal parameters of pheromone detection in a mothVirginie Party
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1272 Physiologie de l Insecte, Signalisation et Communication, Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Route de Saint Cyr, 78000 Versailles Cedex, France
Chem Senses 34:763-74. 2009..Ph-ORN responses of Spodoptera littoralis to the main pheromone component, Z9E11-14:Ac, in the presence of 4 monoterpenes. To mimic natural contexts in which plant odors and pheromone emanate from different sources, the 2 stimuli ..
- Monoterpenoid biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMarilyne Oswald
UMR Santé de la Vigne et Qualité du Vin, Universite Louis Pasteur Strasbourg, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Colmar, France
FEMS Yeast Res 7:413-21. 2007..We also showed that geraniol synthase expression affects the general ergosterol pathway, but in a manner dependent on the genetic background of the strain...
- Bioassay-guided evaluation of antioxidant and antinociceptive activities of carvacrolAdriana G Guimarães
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Sergipe DFS UFS, Sao Cristovao, SE, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 107:949-57. 2010..Together, these results indicate that the properties of CARV should be more thoroughly examined in order to achieve newer tools for management and/or treatment of painful conditions, including those related to pro-oxidant states...
- A novel heat-shock protein coinducer boosts stress protein Hsp70 to activate T cell regulation of inflammation in autoimmune arthritisLotte Wieten
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Utrecht University, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 62:1026-35. 2010..This study was undertaken to test the hypothesis that boosting of endogenous HSP expression can restore effective immunoregulation through T cells specific for stress proteins...
- Biosynthesis of mono- and sesquiterpenes in carrot roots and leaves (Daucus carota L.): metabolic cross talk of cytosolic mevalonate and plastidial methylerythritol phosphate pathwaysDaniela Hampel
Institut fur Lebensmittelchemie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Marie Curie Strasse 9, D 60439 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Phytochemistry 66:305-11. 2005The biosynthesis of the monoterpenes terpinolene and myrcene and the sesquiterpene beta-caryophyllene in roots and leaves of two carrot varieties (Daucus carota L...
- Defensive function of herbivore-induced plant volatile emissions in natureA Kessler
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max-Planck-Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena 07745, Germany
Science 291:2141-4. 2001..As a consequence, a plant could reduce the number of herbivores by more than 90% by releasing volatiles. These results confirm that indirect defenses can operate in nature...
- Formation of monoterpenes in Antirrhinum majus and Clarkia breweri flowers involves heterodimeric geranyl diphosphate synthasesDorothea Tholl
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, D 007745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 16:977-92. 2004The precursor of all monoterpenes is the C10 acyclic intermediate geranyl diphosphate (GPP), which is formed from the C5 compounds isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate by GPP synthase (GPPS)...
- Inhibitory activity of 1,8-cineol (eucalyptol) on cytokine production in cultured human lymphocytes and monocytesUwe R Juergens
Department of Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, Medical Outpatient Clinic, Bonn University Hospital, Wilhelmestrasse 35 37, Bonn D 53111, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 17:281-7. 2004....
- Proton-transfer-reaction mass spectrometry as a new tool for real time analysis of root-secreted volatile organic compounds in ArabidopsisMarco Steeghs
Aeronomy Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Boulder, Colorado 80305, USA
Plant Physiol 135:47-58. 2004..The PTR-MS method may open the way for functional root VOC analysis that will complement genomic investigations in Arabidopsis...
- Complex interactions among host pines and fungi vectored by an invasive bark beetleMin Lu
State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
New Phytol 187:859-66. 2010..valens and their pine hosts in China may confer advantages to these strains of L. procerum and, by extension, to the beetles themselves. These interactions may therefore enhance invasion by the beetle-fungal complex...
- Effects of carvacrol on defects of ischemia-reperfusion in the rat liverMediha Canbek
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Phytomedicine 15:447-52. 2008..05). Histological findings were in harmony with the biochemical results. We conclude that carvacrol protects the liver against defects caused by ischemia and reperfusion, and carvacrol is not hepatotoxic at the applied dosage...
- Anti-inflammation activity of fruit essential oil from Cinnamomum insularimontanum HayataChien Tsong Lin
Department of Forestry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Bioresour Technol 99:8783-7. 2008..The results presented that the fruit essential oil of C. insularimontanum and/or citral may have a great potential to develop the anti-inflammatory medicine in the future...
- Anti-proliferative effects of carvacrol on a human metastatic breast cancer cell line, MDA-MB 231K M Arunasree
Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Biology, Hyderabad 500 046, AP, India
Phytomedicine 17:581-8. 2010....
- Monoterpenes inhibit proliferation of human colon cancer cells by modulating cell cycle-related protein expressionSylvie Bardon
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Securite Alimentaire, UR909, INRA, 78352 Cedex, Jouy en Josas, France
Cancer Lett 181:187-94. 2002..Analysis of G1 cell cycle regulators expression revealed that monoterpenes increased expression of cdk inhibitor p21(Waf1/Cip1) and cyclin E, and decreased expression of cyclin D1, ..
- Linalool dehydratase-isomerase, a bifunctional enzyme in the anaerobic degradation of monoterpenesDanny Brodkorb
Department of Microbiology, Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, 28359 Bremen, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:30436-42. 2010Castellaniella (ex Alcaligenes) defragrans strain 65Phen mineralizes monoterpenes in the absence of oxygen. Soluble cell extracts anaerobically catalyzed the isomerization of geraniol to linalool and the dehydration of linalool to myrcene...
- Synergistic effect of the interaction between naproxen and citral on inflammation in ratsMario I Ortiz
Área Académica de Medicina del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Phytomedicine 18:74-9. 2010..The data suggests that the naproxen-citral combination can interact and to produce minor gastric damage and may have therapeutic advantages for the clinical treatment of inflammation...
- Antimicrobial action of carvacrol at different stages of dual-species biofilm development by Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumJ R Knowles
N terminus Research Laboratory, 981 Corporate Center Dr, Pomona, CA 91768, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:797-803. 2005..0 mmol/h). These data show that carvacrol is an effective natural intervention to control dual-species biofilm formation...
- Chemical signals associated with life inhibit necrophoresis in Argentine antsDong Hwan Choe
Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8251-5. 2009....
- Volatile organic components of fresh leaves as indicators of indigenous and cultivated citrus species in TaiwanShu Yen Lin
Department of Horticulture, National Taiwan University, Taiwei
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:806-11. 2010..taiwanica was linked with sour orange, and either C. tachibana or C. depressa belonged to the mandarin group with C. tankan. Dendrograms also showed that the volatile patterns were related to the genetic classification...
- Physiological and physicochemical controls on foliar volatile organic compound emissionsUlo Niinemets
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Tartu, Estonia
Trends Plant Sci 9:180-6. 2004..Because natural conditions always fluctuate, both physiological and physicochemical controls exert a major influence over plant volatile emissions...
- The effect of carvacrol on muscarinic receptors of guinea-pig tracheal chainsM H Boskabady
Department of Physiology and Pharmaceutical Research Centre, Medical School Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Phytother Res 25:530-5. 2011..These results indicated an inhibitory effect of carvacrol on muscarinic receptors. A β-adrenoceptor stimulatory effect was also suggested for carvacrol...
- Spatial distribution and hormonal regulation of gene products from methyl erythritol phosphate and monoterpene-secoiridoid pathways in Catharanthus roseusAudrey Oudin
EA 2106 Biomolécules et Biotechnologies Végétales, UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Tours, France
Plant Mol Biol 65:13-30. 2007..roseus cells, our results support that intercellular translocation likely plays an important role during monoterpene-secoiridoid assembly...
- Composition of the essential oil of Salvia officinalis L. from various European countriesAin Raal
Institute of Pharmacy, University of Tartu, Estonia
Nat Prod Res 21:406-11. 2007..The comparatively high concentration of toxic thujones seem to be characteristic to sage leaves cultivated in Estonia...
- Relaxant effect of essential oil of Melissa officinalis and citral on rat ileum contractionsH Sadraei
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Fitoterapia 74:445-52. 2003..28 microM) in a concentration-dependent manner with a IC(50) of approximately 20 ng/ml. Citral also had a concentration-dependent inhibitory effect on contraction of rat ileum with IC(50)s comparable to that of MOEO...
- Bactericidal action of binary and ternary mixtures of carvacrol, thymol, and eugenol against Listeria innocuaRebeca García-García
Dept de Ingeniería Química, Alimentos y Ambiental, Univ de las Américas Puebla, Cholula, Puebla 72820, Mexico
J Food Sci 76:M95-100. 2011..25, and 56.25 mg kg(-1), correspondingly, was the most effective for L. innocua inactivation. Several binary and ternary mixtures of these 3 natural antimicrobial agents worked adequately to inactivate L. innocua...
- Quinones and halogenated monoterpenes of algal origin show anti-proliferative effects against breast cancer cells in vitroJo Anne de la Mare
The Biomedical Biotechnology Research Unit BioBRU, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Rhodes University, P O Box 94, Grahamstown, 6140, South Africa
Invest New Drugs 30:2187-200. 2012..In addition, cell cycle analyses revealed that the compound causes G(1) arrest in MDA-MB-231 cells...
- Mechanisms of carvacrol-induced expression of type I collagen geneJongsung Lee
Biospectrum Life Science Institute, 101 701 SK Ventium, 522 Dangjung Dong, Gunpo City, 435 833 Gyunggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Dermatol Sci 52:160-9. 2008..Skin aging is accompanied by wrinkle formation and appears to be principally related to decreases in the levels of type I collagen, the primary component of the dermal layer of skin...
- Fumigant and contact toxicities of monoterpenes to Sitophilus oryzae (L.) and Tribolium castaneum (Herbst) and their inhibitory effects on acetylcholinesterase activitySamir A M Abdelgaleil
Department of Pesticides Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Alexandria University, 21545 El Shatby, Alexandria, Egypt
J Chem Ecol 35:518-25. 2009A comparative study was conducted to assess the contact and fumigant toxicities of eleven monoterpenes on two important stored products insects--, Sitophilus oryzae, the rice weevil, and Tribolium castaneum, the rust red flour beetle...
- Changes in membrane fatty acids composition of microbial cells induced by addiction of thymol, carvacrol, limonene, cinnamaldehyde, and eugenol in the growing mediaRosangela Di Pasqua
Department of Food Science, Division of Microbiology, University of Naples Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 54:2745-9. 2006..All compounds influenced the fatty acid profile of B. thermosphacta, while Pseudomonas and S. aureus strains did not show substantial changes in their fatty acid compositions...
- Antifumonisin activity of natural phenolic compounds A structure-property-activity relationship studyJosé S Dambolena
Instituto Multidisciplinario de Biología Vegetal CONICET, Catedra de Quimica Organica, FCEFyN UNC, Avenida Vélez Sarsfield 1611, X5016GCA Córdoba Argentina
Int J Food Microbiol 145:140-6. 2011..These findings could provide an important contribution in the search for new compounds with antifumonisin activity...
- Catabolism of citronellol and related acyclic terpenoids in pseudomonadsKarin Förster-Fromme
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70550, Stuttgart, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:859-69. 2010..This minireview summarises knowledge on catabolic pathways and biotransformations of acyclic monoterpenes that have received only little attention...
- Effect of water stress and fungal inoculation on monoterpene emission from an historical and a new pine host of the mountain pine beetleInka Lusebrink
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, CW405 Biological Science Building, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E9, Canada
J Chem Ecol 37:1013-26. 2011..into the experiment, water deficit seedlings of both species released significantly lower levels of total monoterpenes than well watered seedlings. Needle tissue contained lower total monoterpene content than bark...
- Influence of carvacrol on growth and toxin production by Bacillus cereusA Ultee
Agrotechnological Research Institute ATO DLO, Wageningen, The Netherlands Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Int J Food Microbiol 64:373-8. 2001..From this study it can be concluded that carvacrol can be added to food products at doses below the MIC value, thereby reducing the risk of toxin production by B. cereus and increasing the safety of the products...
- Antidepressant-like effect of carvacrol (5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol) in mice: involvement of dopaminergic systemFrancisca Helvira Cavalcante Melo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel Nunes de Melo, Fortaleza, Brazil
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 25:362-7. 2011....
- Two nearly identical terpene synthases catalyze the formation of nerolidol and linalool in snapdragon flowersDinesh A Nagegowda
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Plant J 55:224-39. 2008Terpenoids emitted from snapdragon flowers include three monoterpenes derived from geranyl diphosphate (GPP), myrcene, (E)-beta-ocimene and linalool, and a sesquiterpene, nerolidol, derived from farnesyl diphosphate (FPP)...
- Carvacrol prevents diet-induced obesity by modulating gene expressions involved in adipogenesis and inflammation in mice fed with high-fat dietSoomin Cho
Department of Food and Nutrition, Brain Korea 21 Project, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
J Nutr Biochem 23:192-201. 2012....
- Volatile components of peel and leaf oils of lemon and lime speciesMarie Laure Lota
Université de Corse, Equipe Chimie et Biomasse, UMR CNRS 6134, Route des Sanguinaires, 20000 Ajaccio, France
J Agric Food Chem 50:796-805. 2002..Four others were identified for lime leaf oils: beta-pinene/limonene; limonene/geranial/neral; limonene/linalool/citronellal; and limonene/sabinene/citronellal/linalool. These results were interpreted using principal component analysis...
- Antileukemia activity of perillyl alcohol (POH): uncoupling apoptosis from G0/G1 arrest suggests that the primary effect of POH on Bcr/Abl-transformed cells is to induce growth arrestS S Clark
Department of Human Oncology, Oncology and the UW Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Leukemia 16:213-22. 2002....
- Coriander spice oil: effects of fruit crushing and distillation time on yield and compositionB M Smallfield
New Zealand Institute for Crop and Food Research Ltd, Invermay Agriculture Centre, Mosgiel, New Zealand
J Agric Food Chem 49:118-23. 2001..Crushing had little effect on linalool content, but distillation time could be manipulated to alter the linalool content of the oil...
- The 1-deoxy-D: -xylulose 5-phosphate synthase gene co-localizes with a major QTL affecting monoterpene content in grapevineJuri Battilana
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, IASMA Research Center, Fondazione Edmund Mach, 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
Theor Appl Genet 118:653-69. 2009..From a chemical point of view, it is strongly related to the accumulation of monoterpenes in berries. However, knowledge of the genetic mechanisms underlying its regulation is still limited...
- Anxiolytic-like effect of Carvacrol (5-isopropyl-2-methylphenol) in mice: involvement with GABAergic transmissionFrancisca Helvira Cavalcante Melo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel Nunes de Melo 1127, 60430 270 Fortaleza, Brazil
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:437-43. 2010..These results show that CVC presents anxiolytic effects in the plus maze test which are not influenced by the locomotor activity in the open-field test...
- Interaction of four monoterpenes contained in essential oils with model membranes: implications for their antibacterial activityMariateresa Cristani
Department Farmaco Biologico, School of Pharmacy, University of Messina, Contrada Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 55:6300-8. 2007The present article reports the antimicrobial efficacy of four monoterpenes (thymol, carvacrol, p-cymene, and gamma-terpinene) against the Gram-positive bacterium Staphylococcus aureus and the Gram-negative bacterium Escherichia coli...
- Metabolism of (+)- and (-)-limonenes to respective carveols and perillyl alcohols by CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 in human liver microsomesMitsuo Miyazawa
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 30:602-7. 2002..Species-related differences exist in the oxidations of limonenes in CYP2B subfamily in rats and humans...
- Enhanced levels of the aroma and flavor compound S-linalool by metabolic engineering of the terpenoid pathway in tomato fruitsE Lewinsohn
Newe Ya ar Research Center, Agricultural Research Organization, Ramat Yishay 30095, Israel
Plant Physiol 127:1256-65. 2001..Our studies indicate that it is possible to enhance the levels of monoterpenes in ripening fruits by metabolic engineering.
- A candidate gene association study on muscat flavor in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)Francesco Emanuelli
Research and Innovation Center, Fondazione Edmund Mach Istituto Agrario di San Michele all Adige, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 10:241. 2010..has up to now been studied by evaluating monoterpenoid levels through QTL analysis. These studies have revealed co-localization of 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase (VvDXS) with the major QTL positioned on chromosome 5...
- An integrated genomic, proteomic and biochemical analysis of (+)-3-carene biosynthesis in Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis) genotypes that are resistant or susceptible to white pine weevilDawn E Hall
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Plant J 65:936-48. 2011..In conclusion, variation of the (+)-3-carene phenotype is controlled by copy number variation of PsTPS-3car genes, variation of gene and protein expression, and variation in catalytic efficiencies...
- Terpinen-4-ol, the main component of the essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), suppresses inflammatory mediator production by activated human monocytesP H Hart
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Inflamm Res 49:619-26. 2000..To evaluate potential antiinflammatory properties of tea tree oil, the essential oil steam distilled from the Australian native plant, Melaleuca alternifolia...
- Effects of oregano, carvacrol and thymol on Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilmsAntonia Nostro
Dipartimento Farmaco Biologico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Villaggio Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Med Microbiol 56:519-23. 2007..Subinhibitory concentrations of the oils attenuated biofilm formation of S. aureus and S. epidermidis strains on polystyrene microtitre plates...
- Real-time monitoring of herbivore induced volatile emissions in the fieldAndrea Schaub
Ionicon Analytik GmbH, Technikerstrasse 21a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Physiol Plant 138:123-33. 2010..However, there was a clear effect on SQT measurements. Elucidation of emission patterns in real-time is dependent upon the dynamics of cuvettes at different temperatures...
- Chemistry and biology of monoterpene indole alkaloid biosynthesisSARAH E O'CONNOR
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Building 18 592, Cambridge, MA 02139 4307, USA
Nat Prod Rep 23:532-47. 2006
- Optimization of the transient transformation of Catharanthus roseus cells by particle bombardment and its application to the subcellular localization of hydroxymethylbutenyl 4-diphosphate synthase and geraniol 10-hydroxylaseGrégory Guirimand
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, EA 2106 Biomolécules et Biotechnologies Végétales, IFR 135 Imagerie Fonctionnelle, 37200, Tours, France
Plant Cell Rep 28:1215-34. 2009..Furthermore, we also demonstrated that G10H is an ER-anchored protein, consistent with the presence of a transmembrane helix at the G10H N-terminal end, which is both necessary and sufficient to drive the ER anchoring...
- Differential timing of spider mite-induced direct and indirect defenses in tomato plantsMerijn R Kant
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics, Department of Plant Physiology, University of Amsterdam, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 135:483-95. 2004..Although transcriptional up-regulation of the enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of monoterpenes and diterpenes already occurred on day one, a significant increase in the emission of volatile terpenoids was ..
- cDNA isolation, functional expression, and characterization of (+)-alpha-pinene synthase and (-)-alpha-pinene synthase from loblolly pine (Pinus taeda): stereocontrol in pinene biosynthesisMichael A Phillips
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 411:267-76. 2003The complex mixture of monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, and diterpenes that comprises oleoresin provides the primary defense of conifers against bark beetles and their associated fungal pathogens...
- Anticonvulsant properties of linalool in glutamate-related seizure modelsE Elisabetsky
Departamento de Farmacologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Phytomedicine 6:107-13. 1999..Linalool partially inhibited and significantly delayed the behavioral expression of PTZ-kindling, but did not modify the PTZ-kindling-induced increase in L-[3H]glutamate binding...
- Carvacrol is a novel inhibitor of Drosophila TRPL and mammalian TRPM7 channelsMoshe Parnas
Department of Physiology, Kühne Minerva Center for Studies of Visual Transduction, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Cell Calcium 45:300-9. 2009..Our finding that the activity of the non-thermoTRPs, TRPL and TRPM7 channels is modulated by the same compound as thermoTRPs, suggests that common mechanisms of channel modulation characterize TRP channels...
- Carvacrol, a component of thyme oil, activates PPARalpha and gamma and suppresses COX-2 expressionMariko Hotta
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Nara Women s University Nara 630 8506 Japan
J Lipid Res 51:132-9. 2010..These results may be important in understanding the antiinflammatory and antilifestyle-related disease properties of carvacrol...
- Comparative study on the antiviral activity of selected monoterpenes derived from essential oilsAkram Astani
Department of Virology, Hygiene Institute, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Phytother Res 24:673-9. 2010..These essential oils were able to reduce viral infectivity by >96%, the monoterpenes inhibited HSV by about >80%...
- Inhibition of membrane bound ATPases of Escherichia coli and Listeria monocytogenes by plant oil aromaticsA O Gill
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, 250 Ellis Building, 13 Freedman Crescent, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Int J Food Microbiol 111:170-4. 2006..The percent partitioning of E. coli was significantly greater than both other organisms (23.3%) and may explain the greater sensitivity of E. coli to all three aromatics...
- Alpha-thujone (the active component of absinthe): gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor modulation and metabolic detoxificationK M Höld
Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology Laboratory, Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, 114 Wellman Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3826-31. 2000..The other metabolites assayed are also detoxification products. Thus, alpha-thujone in absinthe and herbal medicines is a rapid-acting and readily detoxified modulator of the GABA-gated chloride channel...
- Hsp70 expression and induction as a readout for detection of immune modulatory components in foodLotte Wieten
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:25-37. 2010..These assay systems are generally applicable to identify compounds that affect the Hsp level in cells of the immune system...
- Carvacrol induces heat shock protein 60 and inhibits synthesis of flagellin in Escherichia coli O157:H7Sara A Burt
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Division of Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, 3508TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4484-90. 2007..This study is the first to demonstrate that essential oil components induce HSP60 in bacteria and that overnight incubation with carvacrol prevents the development of flagella in E. coli O157:H7...
- Fungicidal activity of thymol and carvacrol by disrupting ergosterol biosynthesis and membrane integrity against CandidaA Ahmad
Department of Biosciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:41-50. 2011..The mechanisms of action of these natural isopropyl cresols appear to originate from the inhibition of ergosterol biosynthesis and the disruption of membrane integrity...
- The capacity for thermal protection of photosynthetic electron transport varies for different monoterpenes in Quercus ilexLucian O Copolovici
Department of Plant Physiology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Estonia
Plant Physiol 139:485-96. 2005..these data contribute to the hypothesis of the antioxidative protection of leaf membranes during heat stress by monoterpenes. These data further suggest that fumigation with the relatively low atmospheric concentrations of monoterpenes ..
- Hydroxydicarboxylic acids: markers for secondary organic aerosol from the photooxidation of alpha-pineneMagda Claeys
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp Campus Drie Eiken, Universiteitsplein 1, BE 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Environ Sci Technol 41:1628-34. 2007..The detection of 2-hydroxy-4-isopropyladipic acid in ambient aerosol provides an explanation for the relatively low atmospheric concentrations of pinic acid found during daytime in forest environments...
- Synergistic blends of monoterpenes for aggregation pheromones of the mountain pine beetle (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)John H Borden
Contech Inc, 7572 Progress Way, Delta, BC, Canada
J Econ Entomol 101:1266-75. 2008..Among host pines, the presence of highly synergistic monoterpenes at various levels in combination with other monoterpenes that are apparently either inert or inhibitory could ..
- Encapsulation of nutraceutical monoterpenes in beta-cyclodextrin and modified starchI Mourtzinos
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physical Chemistry, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University, 70 El Venizelou Ave, Kallithea, 176 71, Athens, Greece
J Food Sci 73:S89-94. 2008..Oxidative DSC revealed that the monoterpenes enclosed in the beta-CD cavity were protected against oxidation, remaining intact in temperatures at which free ..
- Screening of chemical composition and antifungal and antioxidant activities of the essential oils from three Turkish artemisia speciesSaban Kordali
Department of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Kazim Karabekir Education Faculty, Ataturk University, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
J Agric Food Chem 53:1408-16. 2005..All of the studied essential oils showed antioxidant activity, but camphor and 1,8-cineole did not...
- Effect of photon flux density and temperature on the production of halogenated monoterpenes by Plocamium cartilagineum (Plocamiaceae, Rhodophyta)Rodrigo Palma
Facultad de Ciencias del Mar, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Coquimbo, Chile
Z Naturforsch C 59:679-83. 2004..densities (PFD) and temperatures on the relative growth rate (RGR) and the concentration of three halogenated monoterpenes in samples of Plocamium cartilagineum L.( Dixon), a marine alga (Rhodophyceae), were studied...
- Discrepancy between antennal and behavioral responses for enantiomers of alpha-pinene: electrophysiology and behavior of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera)C D Hull
Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, 4072, Australia
J Chem Ecol 30:2071-84. 2004..g., phenylacetaldehyde versus (-)-alpha-pinene) in learning experiments. The relevance of receptor discrimination of enantiomers and learning ability of the moths in host plant choice is discussed...
- Inhibitory effect of citral on NO production by suppression of iNOS expression and NF-kappa B activation in RAW264.7 cellsHwa Jeong Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, 48, Gaeshin dong, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:342-9. 2008..These results suggest that citral is anti-inflammatory, and its effects may be due to the inhibition of NO production through the suppression of NF-kappa B activation...
- Effects of nucleo-cytoplasmic interactions on leaf volatile compounds from citrus somatic diploid hybridsAnne Laure Fanciullino
Département FLHOR, Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement CIRAD, TA50 16, F 34398 Montpellier cedex 5, France
J Agric Food Chem 53:4517-23. 2005....
- Disruption of Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes and Lactobacillus sakei cellular membranes by plant oil aromaticsA O Gill
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, 250 Ellis Building, 13 Freedman Crescent, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Int J Food Microbiol 108:1-9. 2006..Secondary effects would also be consistent with membrane disruption...
- Polar organic marker compounds in PM2.5 aerosol from a mixed forest site in western GermanyIvan Kourtchev
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp Campus Drie Eiken, Universiteitsplein 1, BE 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Chemosphere 73:1308-14. 2008..In addition, the occurrence of levoglucosan and pyrogallol indicates that the site is affected by biomass combustion. Their median concentrations were 30 and 8.9 ng m(-3), respectively...
- [Study on the essential oil components in Thymus quinquecostatus Celak]G Y Chen
Department of Chemistry, Hainan Normal University, Haikou 571158, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 36:233-4. 2001..To analyse the essential oil components of Thymus quinquecostatus Celak...
- Repellent activities of essential oils and monoterpenes against Culex pipiens pallensWon Sik Choi
Department of Life Science, Soonchunhyang University, Asan, Chungnam 337 745, Republic of Korea
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 18:348-51. 2002..With gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis, thyme essential oil was a rich source of 5 monoterpenes, including in descending order thymol, p-cymene, carvacrol, linalool, and alpha-terpinene...
- The role of monoterpenes in resistance of Douglas fir to western spruce budworm defoliationZhong Chen
School of Forestry, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff 86011 5018, USA
J Chem Ecol 28:897-920. 2002..Franco var. glauca] to assess the role of monoterpenes as a resistance mechanism to western spruce budworm (Choristoneura occidentalis Freeman) defoliation...
- Challenges posed to bornyl diphosphate synthase: diverging reaction mechanisms in monoterpenesMichal Weitman
Department of Chemistry and the Lise Meitner Minerva Center of Computational Quantum Chemistry, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 132:6349-60. 2010The simplest form of terpenoid chemistry is found for the monoterpenes, which give plants fragrance, flavor, and medicinal properties...
- Responses of bark beetle-associated bacteria to host monoterpenes and their relationship to insect life historiesAaron S Adams
Department of Entomology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1630 Linden Dr, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Chem Ecol 37:808-17. 2011..A substantial literature exists on how monoterpenes affect bark beetles and their associated fungi, but little is known of how they affect bacteria, which in turn ..
- Seasonal influence on gene expression of monoterpene synthases in Salvia officinalis (Lamiaceae)Sabine Grausgruber-Gröger
Institute for Applied Botany and Pharmacognosy, University of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria
J Plant Physiol 169:353-9. 2012..It is mainly composed of the monoterpenes 1,8-cineole, α- and β-thujone and camphor synthesized by the 1,8-cineole synthase, the (+)-sabinene synthase ..
- Leaf volatile compounds of seven citrus somatic tetraploid hybrids sharing willow leaf mandarin (Citrus deliciosa Ten.) as their common parentAnne Laure Gancel
Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement CIRAD, Département FLHOR, TA50 16, F 34398 Montpellier cedex 5, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:6006-13. 2003..Statistical analyses showed that all of the hybrids were similar to their common mandarin parent in the relative composition of their volatile compounds...
- Potential preventive effect of carvacrol against diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in ratsSubramaniyan Jayakumar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Mol Cell Biochem 360:51-60. 2012..These findings suggest that carvacrol prevents lipid peroxidation, hepatic cell damage, and protects the antioxidant system in DEN-induced hepatocellular carcinogenesis...
- Knockdown and larvicidal activity of six monoterpenes against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) and their structure-activity relationshipsAlejandro Lucia
Centro de Investigaciones de Plagas e Insecticidas CIPEIN UNIDEF MINDEF CONICET, Juan Bautista de La Salle 4397, 1603, Buenos Aires Province, Villa Martelli, Argentina
Parasitol Res 112:4267-72. 2013..Diptera: Culicidae). The octanol-water partition coefficients of the monoterpenes were estimated by the atom/fragment contribution method and the vapor pressures were determined by our ..
- Effect of naturally occurring monoterpenes carvone, limonene and perillic acid in the inhibition of experimental lung metastasis induced by B16F-10 melanoma cellsT J Raphael
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Kerala, India
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:419-24. 2003The effects of naturally occurring monoterpenes on lung metastasis induced by B16F-10 melanoma cells were studied in C57BL/6 mice. Administration of monoterpenes such as limonene (100 micromoles/kg body wt. 10 doses i.p...
- Metabolic engineering of plant monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes and diterpenes--current status and future opportunitiesB Markus Lange
Institute of Biological Chemistry and MJ Murdock Metabolomics Laboratory, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
Plant Biotechnol J 11:169-96. 2013..In this review article, we will evaluate the state of the art of modulating the biosynthetic pathways for the production of mono-, sesqui- and diterpenes in plants...
- Myrtenal inhibits acetylcholinesterase, a known Alzheimer targetDorothea Kaufmann
Institute of Pharmacy and Molecular Biotechnology, Department of Biology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:1368-71. 2011..In this study selected components of essential oils, which carry a variety of important functional groups, were tested for their in-vitro anti-acetylcholinesterase activity...
- Identification and quantification of aerosol polar oxygenated compounds bearing carboxylic or hydroxyl groups. 2. Organic tracer compounds from monoterpenesM Jaoui
Alion Science and Technology, P O Box 12313, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:5661-73. 2005..NC, during the summer of 2003, and the laboratory samples originated from the photooxidation of the following monoterpenes: alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, and d-limonene...
- Modulation of genotoxicity and DNA repair by plant monoterpenes camphor, eucalyptol and thujone in Escherichia coli and mammalian cellsBiljana Nikolic
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Biology, Chair of Microbiology, Studentski trg 3 II, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Food Chem Toxicol 49:2035-45. 2011The aim of this work was to examine the antigenotoxic potential of plant monoterpenes: camphor, eucalyptol and thujone in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and to elucidate their effect on DNA repair...
- Purification and identification of carvacrol from the root of Stellera chamaejasme and research on its insecticidal activityXiaorong Tang
College of Physics and Chemistry, Xihua University, Chengdu 610039, PR China
Nat Prod Res 25:320-5. 2011..Its median lethal concentrations (LC(50)) (24 h after treatment) were 16.8 and 12.7 mg L(-1), respectively. This is the first report of the insecticidal activity of carvacrol against A. craccivora and L. separata...
- Anti-Tumor Mechanism of the MonoterpensHee Won Park; Fiscal Year: 2004Limonene and perillyl alcohol are monoterpenes that are dietary components as well as food flavoring agents and scent additives. Limonene is abundant in orange peel oil, and perillyl alcohol in cherry and spearmint...
- Clinical Study of Disposition and Biological Activity of d-LimoneneH H Sherry Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most clinical development efforts of monocyclic monoterpenes have focused on a hydroxylated analog of limonene, perillyl alcohol...
- Pancreatic Cancer Management by Novel Gene Therapy &Dietary AgentsPaul B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dietary monoterpenes, such as perillyl alcohol (POH) also exhibit anti- tumor properties...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SELECTIVE P450 2B FUNCTIONJames R Halpert; Fiscal Year: 2013..the proposed research is to determine how human hepatic CYP2B6 can bind and oxidize small hydrocarbons such as monoterpenes (C10H16) efficiently and selectively in the absence of any functional groups in the compounds that can make ..
- Total Synthesis of Plocamium Polyhalogenated Monoterpenes, Analogues, and BiologiCarl Vogel; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Plocamium polyhalogenated monoterpenes are metabolites first isolated from the red algae Plocamium cartilagineum, featuring several units of unsaturation, as well as multiple halogens, including two ..
- Methylerythritol Phosphate Pathway Inhibitors Targeting Gram-Negative InfectionsCHARLES TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2009..classes of natural products with a multitude of structural features and ranging in size from the ten-carbon monoterpenes to natural rubber with a molecular weight as high as 1.5 million...
- Methylerythritol Phosphate Pathway-Specific Natural Products as AntibacterialsCHARLES TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Representing one of the most diverse classes of natural products, isoprenoids range in size from ten-carbon monoterpenes to natural rubber (molecular weight 1...
- A Supramolecular Coordination Cluster as a Functional Monoterpene Synthase Mimic.JASON MICHAEL NICHOLS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Binding of acyclic terpene precursors within the complex's negatively-charged cavity will catalyze their cationic cyclization to the p-menthane family of monoterpenoids in a biomimetic fashion. ..
- THE TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF SARRACENINJAMES WHITESELL; Fiscal Year: 1980Sarracenin and xylomollin are closely related, naturally occurring monoterpenes. The latter exhibits a number of biochemically interesting properties, the most important being a pronounced ability to inhibit respiration in rat liver ..
- Monoterpenes in Cancer Prevention and TherapyTimothy Vincent; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Monoterpenes are a class of phytochemicals that possess cancer preventative and therapeutic properties. The prototypical monoterpene Perillyl alcohol (POH) is currently in clinical trials for the treatment of cancers...
- Anti-proliferative Effects of D-limonene against Prosta*Sanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent studies have shown that monoterpenes possess anticancer properties and suggest that these compounds represent a new class of agents for cancer ..
- PERILLYL ALCOHOL THERAPY IN ADVANCED COLORECTAL CANCERJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 1999..As a class of agents, the monoterpenes are active in several different in vivo and in vitro cancer model systems...
- Cholinergic modulation of odor responsesChristiane Linster; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OLFACTORY CODINGBurton Slotnick; Fiscal Year: 2003..Behavior tasks will use precision olfactometry. Anterograde transport of horseradish peroxidase will be used to assess connections between the olfactory epithelium and olfactory bulb in experimental rats. ..
- Cholinergic modulation of olfactory processingChristiane Linster; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data should provide important insights into how neurodegenerative diseases affect olfactory sensation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CRCNS-Multiple olfactory gamma oscillations: roles in sensation and attentionLeslie Kay; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that understanding how olfactory deficits arise from changes in the limbic system associated with many of these disorders, will help us to understand the mechanisms that produce cognitive malfunctioning. ..
- CRCNS: Computational and experimental analysis of noradrenergic function in earlyChristiane Linster; Fiscal Year: 2010..Neuromodulation is involved in many major degenerative diseases of brain function;a better understanding of the functions of these systems will have a high impact on public health. ..
- OLFACTORY FUNCTION IN GENE-TARGETED MICEBurton Slotnick; Fiscal Year: 2002..A final report of these studies will incorporate a detailed description of apparatus, methods protocol and files of raw data and summary statistics presented in database and spreadsheet format. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- Breast Cancer Risk Biomarkers and Energy BalanceCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Letrozole in High Risk WomenCarol J Fabian; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of Human Flavor PerceptionLawrence E Marks; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of flavor perception could contribute to the treatment of disorders of eating, nutrition, and body weight. ..
- Oxidative Coupling in Natural Product SynthesisPhil Baran; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Gating Mechanisms of CLC Chloride ChannelsTsung Yu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Total Synthesis of Anti-Cancer Natural ProductsPhil S Baran; Fiscal Year: 2010..New strategies and methods in chemistry and substantial contributions to medicine are anticipated through strategic collaborations with several leaders in the field of cancer biology. ..
- Radioisotope Therapy Targeting the Somatostatin ReceptorGina Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..These translational studies will serve as the basis for expanding a novel therapeutic modality for neuroendocrine cancers. ..
- Improved Use of Camptothecins for Small Cell Lung CancerJohn Murren; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data generated by these studies will provide additional insight into clinically relevant mechanisms of resistance to camptothecin that occur in SCLC. ..
- FlaxSeed Lignan for Breast Cancer ChemopreventionCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..If positive, the results of this study will be critical to the design and implementation of a placebo-controlled Phase II prevention trial with Brevail and/or commercial flaxseed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION FOR WOMEN AT HIGH RISK OF BREAST CANCERCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The answer impacts on the entire future of breast cancer chemoprevention development efforts. ..
- ANTILEUKEMIA ACTIVITY OF PERILLYL ALCOHOLSteven Clark; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Spatial-Temporal Responses of Olfactory Bulb NeuronsMARK LEHMKUHLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- COMMONALITIES IN TOUCH, HEARING,VISION AND TASTELawrence Marks; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- CONTEXT EFFECTS IN THE PERCEPTION OF SENSORY MAGNITUDELawrence Marks; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Synaptic connectivity in mouse accessory olfactory bulbRicardo Araneda; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that these studies will have an impact on our understanding of the sensory coding of pheromonal information and other olfactory information by the accessory olfactory system. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Replacing Pierce Lab Animal Care Air Handling FacilityLawrence Marks; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Taste- & Taste-Olfaction Mixture DetectionLawrence Marks; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENZYMATIC CYCLIZATION TO TERPENOID NATURAL PRODUCTSRodney Croteau; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- Anti-Trypanosomal Agents from a Neotropical CloudforestWILLIAM SETZER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term benefit of this research project is the development of new medicines to treat patients with Chagas disease. ..
- Limits of Multi-Tetrode Intracortical MicrostimulationMARK LEHMKUHLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work is of potentially great relevance in the development and design of an electrical brain-machine interface capable of stimulating auditory cortex in such a manner as to artificially evoke auditory perceptions. ..
- Elementary Steps in DNA PolymerizationKenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TRPM4 Channels in the Control of Cerebral Artery ToneScott Earley; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that these studies will generate significant new information regarding the role of mechanosensitive cation channels in the regulation of VSM membrane potential and the regulation of cerebral blood flow. ..
- KINETIC ANALYSIS OF MICROTUBULE-DEPENDENT ATPASESKenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combination of approaches outlined here will provide rigorous and direct information to define the structural and mechanistic basis for force production by kinesin. ..