- Convergent synthesis of the quinolone substructure of BILN 2061 via carbonylative Sonogashira coupling/cyclization
Department of Chemical Development, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc, 900 Ridgebury Rd, P O Box 368, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 0368, USA
J Org Chem 71:5031-4. 2006
..A convergent synthesis of quinolone 2 (key substructure of the protease inhibitor BILN 2061) was developed via palladium-catalyzed carbonylation of 2-iodo-5-methoxyaniline (4) with thiazolylacetylene 5...
- Palladium-catalyzed cyclocarbonylation of o-iodoanilines with imidoyl chlorides to produce quinazolin-4(3H)-ones
Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation, Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, 10 Marie Curie, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
Org Lett 10:829-32. 2008
..The reaction is believed to proceed via in situ formation of an amidine, followed by oxidative addition, CO insertion, and intramolecular cyclization to give the substituted quinazolin-4(3H)-ones...
- Bacteria mediate methylation of iodine in marine and terrestrial environments
National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2718-22. 2001
..These results strongly indicate that bacteria contribute to iodine transfer from the terrestrial and marine ecosystems into the atmosphere...
- Genetic control of methyl halide production in Arabidopsis
Robert C Rhew
Department of Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 3100, USA
Curr Biol 13:1809-13. 2003
..This approach provides a genetic basis for understanding and predicting patterns of methyl halide production by plants...
- Radical-mediated carboxylation of alkyl iodides with [11C]carbon monoxide in solvent mixtures
Department of Organic Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Uppsala University, Box 531, S 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
J Org Chem 70:2244-9. 2005
..1-(13)C)4-Phenylbutyric acid was synthesized using ((13)C)carbon monoxide for identifying the labeling position with (1)H and (13)C NMR...
- Iodomethylzinc phosphates: powerful reagents for the cyclopropanation of alkenes
Marie Christine Lacasse
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, P O Box 6128, Station Downtown, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
J Am Chem Soc 127:12440-1. 2005
..A catalytic version of this reaction using 10 mol % of the chiral phosphate reagent is also disclosed...
- Density functional theory studies of negishi alkyl-alkyl cross-coupling reactions catalyzed by a methylterpyridyl-Ni(I) complex
Department of Chemistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
J Org Chem 73:3680-8. 2008
..In addition, thermodynamic data were employed to help explain why the yield of the coupled product is very low from the Ni(II)-alkyl halide reactions with organozinc reagents...
- Efficient synthesis of 3-iodoindenes via Lewis-acid catalyzed Friedel-Crafts cyclization of iodinated allylic alcohols
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, East China Normal University, Shanghai, PR China
J Org Chem 73:3958-60. 2008
..Further, the iodoindene derivatives are valuable synthetic building blocks for elaboration of molecular complexity, such as in the construction of multiaryl substituted indenes by Suzuki coupling reaction...
- Palladium-catalyzed asymmetric iodination of unactivated C-H bonds under mild conditions
Department of Chemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:2112-5. 2005
- Evidence for a NiI active species in the catalytic cross-coupling of alkyl electrophiles
Thomas J Anderson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:8100-1. 2004
..Compound 3 can also serve as an initiator for the catalytic cross-coupling of alkyl electrophiles performed under Negishi-like conditions...
- A facile and clean direct cyanation of heteroaromatic compounds using a recyclable hypervalent iodine(III) reagent
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:1608-10. 2006
..The facile and clean direct cyanating reaction of pyrroles and thiophenes has been achieved using a recyclable hypervalent iodine(III) reagent 1b by a simple solid-liquid separation of the products and the reagent...
- A new H2O2/acid anhydride system for the iodoarene-catalyzed C-C bond-forming reactions of phenols
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871 Japan
Org Lett 10:3559-62. 2008
..The catalytic system supplies a wide range of substrates and functional availabilities sufficient to be used in the key synthetic process of producing biologically important Amaryllidaceae alkaloids...
- Catalytic asymmetric addition of diphenylzinc to cyclic alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones
P Roy and Diana T Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, 231 South 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6323, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5425-7. 2004
..The results of this study broaden the scope of the asymmetric additions to ketones promoted by the titanium catalyst derived from ligand 1...
- Copper-catalyzed cyclization of iodo-tryptophans: a straightforward synthesis of pyrroloindoles
Institut Lavoisier de Versailles, UMR CNRS 8180, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, 45, Avenue des Etats Unis, 78035 Versailles Cedex, France
Org Lett 10:3841-4. 2008
..Diketopiperazines are also suitable substrates for this cyclization reaction, which affords a straightforward entry to tetra- to hepta-polycyclic systems...
- Palladium-catalyzed reactions of arylindium reagents prepared directly from aryl iodides and indium metal
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University Northridge, Northridge, California 91330, USA
J Org Chem 73:7376-9. 2008
..The reactions are tolerant of the presence of protic solvents, and approximately 85% of the indium metal employed can be recovered by reduction of the residual indium salts with zinc(0)...
- Metal-catalyzed coupling reactions on an olefin template: the total synthesis of (13E,15E,18Z,20Z)-1-hydroxypentacosa- 13,15,18,20-tetraen-11-yn-4-one 1-acetate
Michael G Organ
The Department of Chemistry, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
J Org Chem 69:695-700. 2004
..The use of the difunctional olefin template (E)-1-chloro-2-iodoethylene as the central, pseudosymmetrical building block facilitated a fully convergent and, thus, efficient strategy to prepare this polyunsaturated natural product...
- Glycosidations of 2-deoxy glycosyl dithiophosphates using a tagged iodine(III)-promoter for simple purification
Institut für Organische Chemie and Zentrum für Biomolekulare Wirkstoffe BMWZ, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Schneiderberg 1B, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Org Biomol Chem 6:893-8. 2008
..The preparation of the 4-i-butylsulfonate derivative of the Zefirov reagent (5) and its use in a novel purification strategy for iodine(III)-promoted glycosidations of 2-deoxy diethyldithiophosphate glycosides is described...
- Microwave-assisted cross-coupling reaction of alkynylstibanes with aryl iodides in the presence of ammonium salt
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:1369-71. 2005
..5 mol%) than the conventional method (heating for 24 h with 10 mol% catalyst)...
- Copper-catalyzed coupling of hydroxylamines with aryl iodides
Kerri L Jones
School of Chemistry, Main Building, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT, United Kingdom
Org Lett 10:797-800. 2008
..Methods for the selective deprotection of either the N- or O-substituents for further functionalization are also described...
- Efficient synthesis of functionalized organozinc compounds by the direct insertion of zinc into organic iodides and bromides
Department Chemie and Biochemie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstrasse 5 13, Haus F, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:6040-4. 2006
- RuCl3-catalyzed oxidation of iodoarenes with peracetic acid: new facile preparation of iodylarenes
Alexey Y Koposov
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Minnesota Duluth, Duluth, Minnesota 55812, USA
J Org Chem 71:9912-4. 2006
..The new procedure allows the preparation of several previously unknown iodylarenes bearing strongly electron-withdrawing CF3 groups in the aromatic ring...
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-strychnine via a [4 + 2]-cycloaddition/rearrangement cascade
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Org Lett 9:279-82. 2007
..The critical D-ring was assembled by an intramolecular palladium-catalyzed enolate-driven cross-coupling of an N-tethered vinyl iodide. [reaction: see text]...
- Mild and nonracemizing conditions for Ullmann-type diaryl ether formation between aryl iodides and tyrosine derivatives
State Key Laboratory of Bioorganic and Natural Products Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 354 Fenglin Lu, Shanghai 200032, China
J Org Chem 71:5268-73. 2006
..But their reaction yields are moderate. On the basis of these studies, shorter protocols for assembling (S,S)-isodityrosine and K-13 are developed...
- Quinine synthesis studies: a radical-ionic annulation via Mn-mediated addition to chiral N-acylhydrazones
Chandra Sekhar Korapala
Department of Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Org Lett 9:4243-6. 2007
..A revised approach involving prior oxidation of the alkene offered 93% yield in the Mn-mediated coupling, with the adduct obtained as a single diastereomer...
- Single-isomer tetrasubstituted olefins from regioselective and stereospecific palladium-catalyzed coupling of beta-chloro-alpha-iodo-alpha,beta-unsaturated esters
Alison B Lemay
Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, 10 Marie Curie, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
J Org Chem 71:3615-8. 2006
..Single-isomer tetrasubstituted olefins bearing four different carbon substituents are then synthesized by sequential palladium-catalyzed coupling reactions. Selectivity results from reactivity differences in the intermediate substrates...
- Synthesis of the ABCD trioxadispiroketal subunit of azaspiracid-1: an iodoetherification-dehydroiodination strategy for complex spiroketals
Department of Chemistry, Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10065, USA
Org Lett 9:4303-6. 2007
..A key ploy in the synthesis of the CD segment was the use of a cyclopropane as a synthon for the C-14 methyl group...
- Xenon difluoride induced aryl iodide reductive elimination: a simple access to difluoropalladium(II) complexes
Ariela W Kaspi
School of Chemistry, The Raymond and Beverly Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Inorg Chem 47:5-7. 2008
..The reaction is general with regard to the aryl group, with even C6F5-I undergoing facile reductive elimination from a Pd center...
- Preparation and X-ray structures of 3-[Bis(trifluoroacetoxy)iodo]benzoic acid and 3-[hydroxy(tosyloxy)iodo]benzoic acid: new recyclable hypervalent iodine reagents
Mekhman S Yusubov
The Siberian State Medical University and The Tomsk Polytechnic University, 2 Moskovsky Trakt, 634050 Tomsk, Russia
J Org Chem 73:295-7. 2008
..The reduced form of these reagents, 3-iodobenzoic acid, can be easily recovered from the reaction mixtures using ion-exchange resin or basic aqueous workup followed by acidification with HCl...
- Indium(III) acetate-catalyzed intermolecular radical addition of organic iodides to electron-deficient alkenes
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8571, Japan
Org Lett 10:133-6. 2008
..A plausible reaction mechanism involves the formation of indium hydride species by hydride transfer from silicon to indium and an indium hydride-mediated radical chain process...
- Enantioselective total synthesis of the oral contraceptive desogestrel by a double Heck reaction
Lutz F Tietze
Institut fur Organische und Biomolekulare Chemie der Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Tammannstrasse 2, Gottingen, Germany
Chemistry 14:1541-51. 2008
..In the following intramolecular Heck reaction, the tetracyclic ring system was formed to give 4, from which the synthesis of desogestrel (2) was furnished...
- Synthesis of novel C2-C3'N-linked macrocyclic taxoids by means of highly regioselective Heck macrocyclization
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3400
Org Lett 5:3733-6. 2003
..However, the endo-products are formed with up to 100% regioselectivity just by switching the positions of the olefin and the iodide moieties. Some of these macrocyclic taxoids are significantly cytotoxic...
- Phosphine-free palladium(II)-catalyzed arylation of naphthalene and benzene with aryl iodides
Department of Chemistry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai, 200240, China
J Org Chem 73:7424-7. 2008
..A phosphine-free arylation of naphthalene and benzene with aryl iodides to give biaryls in moderate to good yields is carried out in the presence of catalytic Pd(OAc)2 and stoichiometric CF3CO2 Ag in TFE or/and TFA...
- Room-temperature Hiyama cross-couplings of arylsilanes with alkyl bromides and iodides
Jae Young Lee
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:5616-7. 2003
..The first method for achieving Hiyama couplings of unactivated alkyl bromides and iodides is reported. The desired carbon-carbon bond formation proceeds under mild conditions (room temperature) with good functional-group tolerance...
- Synthesis of naturally occurring pyridine alkaloids via palladium-catalyzed coupling/migration chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Org Chem 68:3090-8. 2003
..The Pd-catalyzed coupling of 3-iodopyridine and 2-methyl-11-dodecen-1-ol provides a convenient synthesis of a long-chain aldehyde by an analogous palladium migration process, which is easily converted to the pyridine alkaloid ikimine A...
- Palladium(0)-catalyzed coupling-cyclization reaction of polymer-supported aryl iodides with 1,2-allenyl carboxylic acids. Solid-phase parallel synthesis of butenolides
State Key Laboratory of Organometallic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 354 Fenglin Lu, Shanghai 200032, P R China
J Comb Chem 4:239-47. 2002
..Now the library of butenolides includes (5-oxo-2,5-dihydrofuran-3-yl)benzoic acids, -aryl acetates, -benzyl bromides, -benzyl alcohols, and -phenols, which are difficult to synthesize with conventional solution methods...
- Stereochemical and mechanistic investigations of a palladium-catalyzed annulation of secondary alkyl iodides
Davenport Chemistry Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 46:1485-8. 2007
- Nonbasic, room temperature, palladium-catalyzed coupling of aryl and alkenyl iodides with boronic acids mediated by copper(I) thiophene-2-carboxylate (CuTC)
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, 1515 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Org Lett 3:2149-52. 2001
- Palladium-catalyzed carbonylative cyclization of unsaturated aryl iodides and dienyl triflates, iodides, and bromides to indanones and 2-cyclopentenones
Steve V Gagnier
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:4804-7. 2003
- Root canal sealer cytotoxicity with human gingival Fibroblasts. III. Calcium hydroxide-based sealers
B M Briseno
Department of Conservative Dentistry, University of Munich, Germany
J Endod 18:110-3. 1992
..Apexit had a relatively high cytotoxicity in the beginning phase, but an ascending incorporation rate of L-[14C]leucine in the fibroblasts could be distinguished after 3 days of culturing...
- Biocompatibility of various formula root filling materials for primary teeth
Tsui Hsien Huang
Dental Department, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 80:486-90. 2007
..05). The Ca(OH)(2) + Iodoform group and Vitapex group showed the highest survival rates (p < 0.05). We concluded that the use of calcium hydroxide with iodoform as a root filling base material is a better option than other medications...
- Synthesis of 3H and 13C labeled mRNA cap dinucleotides--useful tools for NMR, biochemical, and biological studies
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Experimental Physics, Warsaw University, Zwirki i Wigury 93, Warsaw 02 089, Poland
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 26:1315-9. 2007
..The C-13 isotope was introduced into the cap dinucleotide by methylation of GDP with C-13 Methyl iodide, followed by coupling the product with guanosine 5'-phosphorimidazolide in DMF with zinc chloride as a catalyst...
- An iodoetherification-dehydroiodination strategy for the synthesis of complex spiroketals from dihydroxyalkene precursors
K A Tony
Department of Chemistry, Hunter College CUNY, New York, NY 10021, USA
Org Biomol Chem 6:1165-9. 2008
- Stereoselective synthesis of [13C]methyl 2-[15N]amino-2-deoxy-beta-D-glucopyranoside derivatives
F P Boulineau
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, 1393 Brown Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1393, USA
Carbohydr Res 334:271-9. 2001
..This compound served as the common precursor for three [13C]methyl 2-[15N]aminoglucosides: (2-[15N]trifluoroacetyl-), (2-[15N]acetyl-), and (2-[15N]azido-). Selected heteronuclear coupling constants are reported...
- Iodomethane human health risk characterization
Beth E Mileson
Technology Sciences Group, Inc, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Inhal Toxicol 21:583-605. 2009
..Nasal olfactory degeneration is the primary endpoint for risk assessment of acute exposure to iodomethane...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphic variants of human glutathione transferase T1-1 differ in stability and functional properties
P David Josephy
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ont, Canada N1G 2W1
Arch Biochem Biophys 490:24-9. 2009
..Variant E173K showed a very different profile, consistent with improper or incomplete protein folding. Our results show that SNP variants can give rise to GSTT1-1 proteins with significantly altered properties...
- Functional group compatibility. Propargyl alcohol reduction in the presence of a vinyl iodide
Richard W Denton
Department of Chemistry, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3400, USA
Org Lett 11:2722-3. 2009
..They are also stable to the reduction of propargyl alcohols to saturated alcohols by hydrogen over Crabtree's iridium catalyst in CH(2)Cl(2)...
- Palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions of heterocyclic silanolates with substituted aryl iodides and bromides
Scott E Denmark
Roger Adams Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Org Lett 8:793-5. 2006
..CHCl(3) in good yield at room temperature to 50 degrees C. The aromatic bromides also couple with these salts under the action of the Pd(I) catalyst 12...
- Optical waveguide BTX gas sensor based on polyacrylate resin thin film
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xinjiang University, Urumqi 830046, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 43:5113-6. 2009
..It has been demonstrated that the sensor containing a 10 mm boardand about a hundred nanometers thick resin film can detect lower than 8 ppm BTX...
- Cross-couplings of unactivated secondary alkyl halides: room-temperature nickel-catalyzed Negishi reactions of alkyl bromides and iodides
Jianrong Steve Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:14726-7. 2003
..This communication describes a simple catalyst system-Ni(cod)2/s-Bu-Pybox-that achieves room-temperature Negishi reactions of an array of functionalized primary and secondary alkyl bromides and iodides...
- Microwave-accelerated methylation of starch
Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211 002, India
Carbohydr Res 343:151-4. 2008
..05 M H(2)SO(4) for 2.0 min under 100% MW power. The partially methylated monosaccharides were separated by preparative paper chromatography and identified by their melting points and optical rotations...
- Indium-mediated atom-transfer and reductive radical cyclizations of iodoalkynes: synthesis and biological evaluation of HIV-protease inhibitors
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Org Chem 69:2417-22. 2004
- The first applications of carbene ligands in cross-couplings of alkyl electrophiles: sonogashira reactions of unactivated alkyl bromides and iodides
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:13642-3. 2003
- [Effects of diaryliodonium on the properties of light-curing composite resin]
Yi Na Lin
Department of Dental Materials, West China School of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:700-3. 2009
..To test the effects of two kinds of diaryliodonium on the degree of conversion (DC), the compressive strength (CS) and the cure depth (CD) of the light-curing composite resin...
- Reaction of N3-benzoyl-3',5'-O-(di-tert-butylsilanediyl)uridine with hindered electrophiles: intermolecular N3 to 2'-O protecting group transfer
Department of Chemistry, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 21:723-35. 2002
..This unwanted reaction gives isomeric products whose spectra differ in only subtle ways from target compounds...
- Safety-catch linker strategies for the production of radiopharmaceuticals labeled with positron-emitting isotopes
Affymax Research Institute, 4001 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:10168-9. 2003
..This technique is expected to lead to more widespread use of positron emission tomography for the in vivo analysis of compound behavior...
- Peptide quantitation with methyl iodide isotopic tags and mass spectrometry
Department of Chemistry and Centre for Research in Mass Spectrometry, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Analyst 135:1456-60. 2010
..Tests were also performed to verify the stability of the label against H/D exchange and its suitability for long-term storage, showing little degradation while in solution and during subsequent chemical processing...
- Histopathologic approaches to chemical toxicity using primary cultures of dissociated neural cells grown in chamber slides
Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Toxicol Pathol 21:465-79. 1993
..These data indicate that histopathologic endpoints, including methods for neural-specific markers, represent potentially valuable criteria for in vitro assessments of neurotoxicity...
- Evaluation of tissue response to MTA and Portland cement with iodoform
Carlos Alberto Herrero de Morais
Maringá State University UEM, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:417-21. 2006
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the biocompatibility of Portland cement with the addition of iodoform, compared to MTA (ProRoot)...
- Reaction of arenes with iodine in the presence of potassium peroxodisulfate in trifluoroacetic acid. Direct and simple synthesis of diaryliodonium triflates
Md Delwar Hossain
Department of Chemistry and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University, Honjo machi, Saga 840 8502, Japan
J Org Chem 71:9903-5. 2006
..This procedure avoids the use of high temperature and severe reaction conditions...
- Sublingual ranula: a closer look to its surgical management
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Science, University of Eastern Piedmont, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 19:286-90. 2008
- An in vitro assessment of iodoform gutta-percha
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4905, USA
J Endod 31:814-6. 2005
..The results showed no significant difference between the iodoform and regular gutta-percha samples in delaying microleakage of E. faecalis (p > 0.05)...
- Use of a boroxazolidone complex of 3-iodo-L-tyrosine for palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling
William H Walker
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Org Chem 68:1563-6. 2003
..The desired product, 3-ethynyl-L-tyrosine, was released from the complex by simply diluting its solution in methanol with chloroform. Interestingly, the complex remains stable in solutions of either methanol or chloroform individually...
- Reinvestigation of the synthesis and evaluation of [N-methyl-(11)C]vorozole, a radiotracer targeting cytochrome P450 aromatase
Sung Won Kim
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Nucl Med Biol 36:323-34. 2009
..Herein we report the preparation and positron emission tomography (PET) studies of pure [N-methyl-(11)C]vorozole...
- Allergic contact otitis externa due to iodoform in BIPP cavity dressings
M A B Roest
Department of Dermatology, Amersham Hospital, Bucks, UK
Contact Dermatitis 46:360. 2002
- Meatoplasty technique which avoids using a roll of BIPP
Clin Otolaryngol 33:179-80. 2008
- Facile and efficient hypervalent iodine(III)-mediated meso-functionalization of porphyrins
Dong Mei Shen
Key Laboratory of Organofluorine Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 354 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
J Org Chem 74:206-11. 2009
..When [5,15-dibromo-10,20-diphenylporphyrinato]zinc(II) (Zn12) was used as the starting porphyrin under similar conditions, the double nucleophilic substitution products were obtained in good yields...
- Water to atmosphere fluxes of 131I in relation with alkyl-iodide compounds from the Seine Estuary (France)
Laboratoire de Radioécologie de Cherbourg Octeville, Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, Service d Etudes et du Comportement des Radionucléides dans l Environnement, Cherbourg Octeville, France
J Environ Radioact 99:1102-10. 2008
..Measurements of (131)I in water varying between 0.4 and 11.9 Bq m(-3). Fluxes of (131)I from water to atmosphere are in the range 2.4 x 10(5)-1.3 x 10(7)Bq y(-1), close to an annual discharge of (131)I by a nuclear reactor...
- Determining the transition-state structure for different SN2 reactions using experimental nucleophile carbon and secondary alpha-deuterium kinetic isotope effects and theory
Kenneth C Westaway
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada, P3E 2C6
J Phys Chem A 112:10264-73. 2008
..This presumably is found because of the bulky (sterically hindered) leaving group in the tosylate reaction. From every prospective, the tosylate reaction is too different from the halogen reactions to be compared...
- Electron transfer reactions for image and image-derived states in dielectric thin films
E T Jensen
Physics Department, University of Northern British Columbia, 3333 University Way, Prince George, British Columbia V2N 4Z9, Canada
J Chem Phys 129:074703. 2008
..We also report the absolute cross section for dissociative electron attachment of submonolayer CH(3)I adsorbed on Kr thin films...
- Degradation of methyl iodide in soil: effects of environmental factors
Dep of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Delaware State Univ, Dover, DE 19901, USA
J Environ Qual 38:513-9. 2009
- Antimicrobial effect and pH of chlorhexidine gel and calcium hydroxide alone and associated with other materials
Francisco Jose de Souza-Filho
Endodontic Area, Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 19:28-33. 2008
..0). The results of this study showed that all medications had antimicrobial activity, but the most effective against the tested microorganisms were 2% CHX gel, followed by its combination with Ca(OH)2 and iodoform...
- Re: The need to include BIPP reactions in routine consent: we should not be patching together patch tests for bismuth iodoform paraffin paste allergy
Clin Otolaryngol 33:162-3. 2008
- Carbon-13 NOESY and equivalent protons: methyl iodide dynamics
Division of Physical Chemistry, Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, 10691 Stockholm University, Sweden
J Magn Reson 204:239-47. 2010
..Agreement with experimental intensities of all the six independent peaks is very good in the whole range of mixing times (up to 45 s)...
- Identification and evaluation of [11C]GSK931145 as a novel ligand for imaging the type 1 glycine transporter with positron emission tomography
GlaxoSmithKline, Clinical Imaging Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Synapse 64:542-9. 2010
..11)C]GSK931145 is now being progressed into higher species...
- Oxidative amination of heteroaromatic zinc reagents mediated by PhI(OAc)(2)
Department Chemie and Biochemie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Butenandtstrasse 5 13, 81377, Munchen, Germany
Org Lett 11:5158-61. 2009
..The oxidative amination of functionalized heterocycles has been achieved by using readily available heterocyclic zinc reagents and lithium amides. PhI(OAc)(2) proved to be a suitable reagent for this oxidative amination...
- Fluoride-free cross coupling using vinyldisiloxanes
Hannah F Sore
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, UK CB2 1EW
Org Biomol Chem 7:1068-72. 2009
..Vinyldisiloxanes equilibrate with the corresponding silanolates under basic conditions and subsequently undergo palladium catalysed cross coupling with aryl/heteroaryl iodides and bromides...
- Enamel bonding of single-step self-etch adhesives: influence of surface energy characteristics
Department of Operative Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1 8 13, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
J Dent 38:123-30. 2010
..This study examined the surface free energy of enamel treated with the single-step self-etching adhesives Bond Force, Clearfil tri-S Bond and G-Bond...
- Contact angles of diiodomethane on silicon-doped diamond-like carbon coatings in electrolyte solutions
Konstantin B Borisenko
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
J Colloid Interface Sci 326:329-32. 2008
..This could be explained by increased ion adsorption on the DLC surface with increase in silicon doping, causing the surfaces to be more hydrophilic...
- An alternative NMR method to determine nuclear shielding anisotropies for molecules in liquid-crystalline solutions with (13)C shielding anisotropy of methyl iodide as an example
NMR Research Group, Department of Physical Sciences, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014, University of Oulu, Finland
Phys Chem Chem Phys 10:1681-7. 2008
..The effects of pore size as well as of different LC media on the shielding anisotropy are examined and discussed...
- Prenatal developmental toxicity studies of inhaled methyl iodide vapor in rabbits reveal a susceptible window of exposure inducing late gestational fetotoxicity
WIL Research Laboratories, LLC, Ashland, Ohio 44805, USA
Inhal Toxicol 21:449-61. 2009
- Emerging DBPs in drinking water
Environ Sci Technol 40:7112-3. 2006
- Diversity-oriented synthesis of multisubstituted olefins through the sequential integration of palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions. 2-pyridyldimethyl(vinyl)silane as a versatile platform for olefin synthesis
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 123:11577-85. 2001
..Mechanistic considerations of both Heck-type and Hiyama-type coupling reactions are also described...
- A general and mild copper-catalyzed arylation of diethyl malonate
Edward J Hennessy
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Org Lett 4:269-72. 2002
..The mild reaction conditions and high levels of functional group compatibility make this an attractive synthetic alternative to previous methods...
- The fist model for nasal packing
Christopher J Skilbeck
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, London, UK
Eur J Emerg Med 13:97-8. 2006
..Training of junior doctors to insert nasal packs is difficult when dealing with a bleeding patient. We discovered a readily available and simple model to enable trainees to learn the method of nasal packing...
- Carbonylative cross-coupling reaction of ethynylstibane with aryl iodides
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanagawa machi, Kanazawa 920 1181, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:699-702. 2006
- Conformational structure and energetics of 2-methylphenyl(2'-methoxyphenyl)iodonium chloride: evidence for solution clusters
Yong Sok Lee
Center for Molecular Modeling, Division of Computational Bioscience, Center for Information Technology, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Building 12A, Room 2049, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Chemistry 16:10418-23. 2010
- A density functional theory investigation of the Simmons-Smith cyclopropanation reaction: examination of the insertion reaction of zinc into the C-I bond of CH(2)I(2) and subsequent cyclopropanation reactions
Wei Hai Fang
Department of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, PR China
J Org Chem 67:154-60. 2002
..We found that the chemical reactivity of the carbenoid species is dependent on its electrophilic behavior, steric effects, the leaving group character and the mechanism of the cyclopropanation reactions...
- Cross-coupling reactions of arylsilanols with substituted aryl halides
Scott E Denmark
Roger Adams Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Org Lett 5:1357-60. 2003
..Manipulation of these features provided an effective coupling method of wide scope and generality...
- Coenzyme M methylase activity of the 480-kilodalton corrinoid protein from Methanosarcina barkeri
T C Tallant
Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Bacteriol 178:1295-301. 1996
..These data indicate that the 480-kDa corrinoid protein is composed of a novel isozyme of methyltransferase II which remains firmly bound to a corrinoid cofactor binding subunit during isolation...
- Laser spectroscopy of a halocarbocation in the gas phase: CH2I+
Department of Chemistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1881, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:9320-1. 2006
..The transition was assigned as 3A1 <-- X1A1. This initial detection of the electronic spectrum of a halocarbocation in the gas phase should open new avenues for study of the structure and reactivity of these important ions...
- Scanning cysteine mutagenesis analysis of Abeta-(1-40) amyloid fibrils
Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37920, USA
J Biol Chem 281:993-1000. 2006
..Residues 20, 30, and 35, flanking these implicated beta-sandwich regions, are accessible to alkylation in the fibril indicating a location in solvent exposed structure...
- Iodomethyl group as a hydroxymethyl synthetic equivalent: application to the syntheses of D-manno-hept-2-ulose and l-fructose derivatives
Universite Joseph Fourier, UMR CNRS 5616, Chimie Recherche LEDSS, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Org Chem 68:4100-3. 2003
- Methyl iodide-induced fetal hypothyroidism implicated in late-stage fetal death in rabbits
WIL Research Laboratories, LLC, Ashland, Ohio 44805, USA
Inhal Toxicol 21:462-79. 2009
- Radiopacity of portland cement associated with different radiopacifying agents
Marco Antonio Hungaro Duarte
Department of Dentistry, Sacred Heart University, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Endod 35:737-40. 2009
..However, the possible interference of the radiopacifiers with the setting chemistry, biocompatibility, and physical properties of the Portland cement should be further investigated before any clinical recommendation can be done...
- Antimicrobial action of a filling paste used in pulp therapy in primary teeth under different storage conditions
Juliana Rodrigues Praetzel
School of Dentistry, Department of Stomatology, Federal University of Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 33:113-6. 2008
..Compare the antimicrobial effectiveness of common antimicrobial paste immediately after pulp therapy and in different storage conditions...
- Beware of bismuth
W N Tucker
ANZ J Surg 73:771; author reply 771. 2003
- Root fillings with Endoflas in primary teeth: a retrospective study
Anna B Fuks
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Pediatr Dent 27:41-5. 2002
..The remaining 30% presented with pathology (Po); however, only one tooth had to be extracted (Pi). Overfilling led to a success rate of 58%, while in the combined flush and underfilled the success rate was 83%...
- Muscarinic subtypes profile modulation within a series of new antagonists, bridged bicyclic derivatives of 2,2-diphenyl-[1,3]-dioxolan-4-ylmethyl-dimethylamine
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Camerino, Via S Agostino, 1, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 11:3901-11. 2003
- The N(1)-(2'-deoxyribofuranoside) of 3-iodo-5-nitroindole: a universal nucleoside forming nitro-iodo interactions
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Center for Nanotechnology, Heisenbergstrasse 11, 48149 Munster, Germany
Acta Crystallogr C 65:o100-2. 2009
..These contacts can be considered as the structure-determining factors for the molecular packing in the crystal structure...
- Three-dimensional mapping of the lesions induced by beta-beta'-iminodiproprionitrile, methyl iodide and methyl methacrylate in the rat nasal cavity
Darren A Robinson
School of Biomolecular Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF, United Kingdom
Toxicol Pathol 31:340-7. 2003
..These results suggest that, with these chemicals, local bioactivation plays a more important role than dosimetry in determining lesion distribution...
- Technical tutorial: How to pack a nose with bismuth iodoform paraffin paste gauze safely and effectively
ENT Department, St John s Hospital, Chelmsford, UK
Emerg Med J 26:52. 2009
..A safer and more effective way of packing a nose with BIPP than the traditional method is described...