- Rosuvastatin to prevent vascular events in men and women with elevated C-reactive protein
Paul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2195-207. 2008
- A randomized trial of rosuvastatin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism
Robert J Glynn
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 360:1851-61. 2009
..Observational studies have yielded variable estimates of the effect of statin therapy on the risk of venous thromboembolism, and evidence from randomized trials is lacking...
- Effects of statin therapy according to plasma high-sensitivity C-reactive protein concentration in the Controlled Rosuvastatin Multinational Trial in Heart Failure (CORONA): a retrospective analysis
John J V McMurray
British Heart Foundation Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8TA, UK
Circulation 120:2188-96. 2009
..We examined whether the antiinflammatory action of statins may be of benefit in heart failure, a state characterized by inflammation in which low cholesterol is associated with worse outcomes...
- Randomized head-to-head comparison of pitavastatin, atorvastatin, and rosuvastatin for safety and efficacy (quantity and quality of LDL): the PATROL trial
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Circ J 75:1493-505. 2011
..This is the first prospective randomized multi-center trial to compare these strong statins (UMIN Registration No: 000000586)...
- Rosuvastatin in older patients with systolic heart failure
Department of Cardiology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
N Engl J Med 357:2248-61. 2007
..Patients with systolic heart failure have generally been excluded from statin trials. Acute coronary events are uncommon in this population, and statins have theoretical risks in these patients...
- Rosuvastatin attenuates the elevation in blood pressure induced by overexpression of human C-reactive protein
Departments of Internal Medicine, The Institute of Hypertension, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
Hypertens Res 34:869-75. 2011
..Rosuvastatin attenuated the increase in blood pressure in AAV-hCRP-treated rats through endothelial protection and antioxidant effects. Our data reveals a novel mechanism through which statins may lower blood pressure...
- Bone marrow-derived progenitor cells modulate vascular reendothelialization and neointimal formation: effect of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme a reductase inhibition
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin III, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1567-72. 2002
..Despite the anticipated stem cell plasticity, the role of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells has not been clarified in vascular lesion development...
- Effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on LDL and HDL particle concentrations in patients with metabolic syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study
Robert S Rosenson
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Care 32:1087-91. 2009
..Changes in lipoprotein particle concentration may predict the risk of coronary heart disease more accurately than lipoprotein cholesterol levels...
- Rosuvastatin for primary prevention in older persons with elevated C-reactive protein and low to average low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels: exploratory analysis of a randomized trial
Robert J Glynn
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:488-96, W174. 2010
..Randomized data on statins for primary prevention in older persons are limited, and the relative hazard of cardiovascular disease associated with an elevated cholesterol level weakens with advancing age...
- Effect of very high-intensity statin therapy on regression of coronary atherosclerosis: the ASTEROID trial
Steven E Nissen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 295:1556-65. 2006
- Cholesterol lowering, cardiovascular diseases, and the rosuvastatin-JUPITER controversy: a critical reappraisal
Michel de Lorgeril
Laboratoire Coeur and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Université Joseph Fourier and Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, Grenoble, France
Arch Intern Med 170:1032-6. 2010
- Switching from high-efficacy lipid-lowering therapies to simvastatin and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment in coronary heart disease/coronary heart disease-equivalent patients
Global Health Outcomes, Merck, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889 0100, USA
J Clin Lipidol 4:491-500. 2010
..The availability of generic simvastatin in 2006 has prompted substantial changes in formulary recommendations for lipid-management agents...
- Prevalence of dyslipidemia in statin-treated patients in Canada: results of the DYSlipidemia International Study (DYSIS)
Shaun G Goodman
St Michael s Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Cardiol 26:e330-5. 2010
..Despite clear guideline recommendations, there is a growing body of evidence that there is suboptimal use of lipid-lowering treatment in Canadians...
- Rosuvastatin treatment prevents progressive kidney inflammation and fibrosis in stroke-prone rats
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milano, Italy
Am J Pathol 170:1165-77. 2007
..Treatment with the lipophilic simvastatin was not renoprotective. These data suggest that rosuvastatin may have potential utility as a therapeutic option in renal diseases that are characterized by inflammation and fibrosis...
- Effect of rosuvastatin on coronary atheroma in stable coronary artery disease: multicenter coronary atherosclerosis study measuring effects of rosuvastatin using intravascular ultrasound in Japanese subjects (COSMOS)
Division of Cardiology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 73:2110-7. 2009
..The effect of rosuvastatin on plaque volume in patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD), including those receiving prior lipid-lowering therapy, was examined in the present study...
- Rosuvastatin pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics in white and Asian subjects residing in the same environment
National University Hospital and Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:330-41. 2005
- Effect of intensive lipid-lowering therapy with rosuvastatin on progression of carotid intima-media thickness in Japanese patients: Justification for Atherosclerosis Regression Treatment (JART) study
Cardiovascular Center, Kitano Hospital, The Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Circ J 76:221-9. 2012
..We conducted a prospective, randomized, open-label, blinded-endpoint trial to determine whether rosuvastatin is more effective than pravastatin in slowing progression of carotid IMT in Japanese patients...
- Relation of baseline high-sensitivity C-reactive protein level to cardiovascular outcomes with rosuvastatin in the Justification for Use of statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin (JUPITER)
Paul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:204-9. 2010
..In conclusion, as the absolute risk increased with increasing hs-CRP, the absolute risk reduction associated with rosuvastatin within JUPITER was also greatest among those with the greatest entry hs-CRP levels...
- Rosuvastatin combined with regular exercise preserves coenzyme Q10 levels associated with a significant increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with coronary artery disease
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Life Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Atherosclerosis 217:158-64. 2011
..We compared the effects of two statins (rosuvastatin and atorvastatin) combined with exercise on coenzyme Q10 and HDL-C levels in CAD patients...
- Effects of rosuvastatin on cardiovascular morphology and function in an ApoE-knockout mouse model of atherosclerosis
Department of Physiology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2046-53. 2008
..In conclusion, rosuvastatin reduced brachiocephalic artery atherosclerotic plaques in ApoE-KO mice. Coronary artery function assessed using recently developed in vivo ultrasound-based protocols, also improved...
- Effect of Lipid lowering with rosuvastatin on progression of aortic stenosis: results of the aortic stenosis progression observation: measuring effects of rosuvastatin (ASTRONOMER) trial
Kwan Leung Chan
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 121:306-14. 2010
..Aortic stenosis (AS) is an active process with similarities to atherosclerosis. The objective of this study was to assess the effect of cholesterol lowering with rosuvastatin on the progression of AS...
- Early vascular and metabolic effects of rosuvastatin compared with simvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier, 1, I 00133 Rome, Italy
Atherosclerosis 210:199-201. 2010
..To compare the short-term effects of rosuvastatin and simvastatin on insulin-resistance and endothelial dysfunction in middle-aged patients with type 2 diabetes and mild untreated dyslipidemia...
- Year two assessment of fenofibric acid and moderate-dose statin combination: a phase 3, open-label, extension study
Mark S Kipnes
DGD Research a Cetero research company, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Clin Drug Investig 30:51-61. 2010
..This year 2 study evaluated fenofibric acid 135 mg in combination with moderate-dose statin (rosuvastatin 20 mg, simvastatin 40 mg or atorvastatin 40 mg) in patients with mixed dyslipidaemia...
- Rationale and design for a study using intravascular ultrasound to evaluate effects of rosuvastatin on coronary artery atheroma in Japanese subjects: COSMOS study (Coronary Atherosclerosis Study Measuring Effects of Rosuvastatin Using Intravascular Ultras
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 71:271-5. 2007
- Early impairment of left ventricular function in hypercholesterolemia and its reversibility after short term treatment with rosuvastatin A preliminary echocardiographic study
Cardiac Thoracic and Vascular Department, University of Pisa, Italy
Atherosclerosis 197:346-54. 2008
..We evaluated left ventricular function using echocardiography and the effect of treatment with rosuvastatin in a group of patients with primary hypercholesterolemia...
- Reduction in C-reactive protein and LDL cholesterol and cardiovascular event rates after initiation of rosuvastatin: a prospective study of the JUPITER trial
Paul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Lancet 373:1175-82. 2009
..8 mmol/L (<70 mg/dL). However, the benefit of lowering both LDL cholesterol and hsCRP after the start of statin therapy is controversial. We prospectively tested this hypothesis...
- Differential effects of the 5-HT(2A) receptor antagonist M100907 and the 5-HT(2C) receptor antagonist SB242084 on cocaine-induced locomotor activity, cocaine self-administration and cocaine-induced reinstatement of responding
Paul J Fletcher
Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:576-86. 2002
..These results indicate distinct, and in some cases opposite, effects of a 5-HT(2A) compared with a 5-HT(2C) receptor antagonist on various cocaine-mediated behavioral effects...
- Efficacy of rosuvastatin among men and women with moderate chronic kidney disease and elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein: a secondary analysis from the JUPITER (Justification for the Use of Statins in Prevention-an Intervention Trial Evaluating
Paul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1266-73. 2010
..We evaluated the efficacy of statin therapy in primary prevention among individuals with moderate chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- 5-HT2A and alpha1b-adrenergic receptors entirely mediate dopamine release, locomotor response and behavioural sensitization to opiates and psychostimulants
INSERM U 114, College de France, 11, place Marcelin Berthelot, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Eur J Neurosci 20:3073-84. 2004
- Coronary atherosclerosis can regress with very intensive statin therapy
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 73:937-44. 2006
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin, simvastatin, and pravastatin across doses (STELLAR* Trial)
Peter H Jones
Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin Avenue, A 601, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:152-60. 2003
..0 mmol/L was achieved by 79% to 92% in rosuvastatin groups compared with 52% to 81% in atorvastatin groups. Drug tolerability was similar across treatments...
- Rosuvastatin pharmacokinetics in heart transplant recipients administered an antirejection regimen including cyclosporine
Steven G Simonson
AstraZeneca, Wilmington, Del, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:167-77. 2004
..Inhibition of this transporter could increase plasma concentrations of rosuvastatin. Therefore the effect of cyclosporine on rosuvastatin uptake by cells expressing OATP-C was also examined...
- Sedative but not anxiolytic properties of benzodiazepines are mediated by the GABA(A) receptor alpha1 subtype
R M McKernan
Neuroscience Research Centre, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Terlings Park, Eastwick Road, Harlow, Essex CM20 2QR, UK
Nat Neurosci 3:587-92. 2000
..This finding suggests ways to improve anxiolytics and to develop drugs for other neurological disorders based on their specificity for GABA(A) receptor subtypes in distinct neuronal circuits...
- A double-blind, randomized, incomplete crossover trial to assess the dose proportionality of rosuvastatin in healthy volunteers
Paul D Martin
AstraZeneca, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 25:2215-24. 2003
..Rosuvastatin, a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitor, has been developed for the treatment of patients with dyslipidemia...
- Rosuvastatin treatment is associated with an increase in insulin resistance in hyperlipidaemic patients with impaired fasting glucose
M S Kostapanos
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Int J Clin Pract 63:1308-13. 2009
..We assessed the effect of rosuvastatin treatment across dose range on glucose homeostasis in hyperlipidaemic patients with impaired fasting glucose (IFG), who are at high risk to develop diabetes mellitus...
- Rosuvastatin-induced arrest in progression of renal disease
Donald G Vidt
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cardiology 102:52-60. 2004
..lt;60 ml/min/1.73 m(2)) at entry or urine dipstick protein status prior to or during the period of treatment. These findings suggest that rosuvastatin may arrest the progression of renal disease...
- Safety of rosuvastatin: update on 16,876 rosuvastatin-treated patients in a multinational clinical trial program
Department of Pathological Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Cardiology 107:433-43. 2007
- Human skeletal muscle drug transporters determine local exposure and toxicity of statins
Michael J Knauer
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Circ Res 106:297-306. 2010
..Interestingly, little is known regarding the molecular determinants of statin distribution into skeletal muscle and its relevance to toxicity...
- Comparison of rosuvastatin with atorvastatin, simvastatin and pravastatin in achieving cholesterol goals and improving plasma lipids in hypercholesterolaemic patients with or without the metabolic syndrome in the MERCURY I trial
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hellerup, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:430-8. 2005
..This analysis compares the effects of statin therapy on plasma low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) goal achievement and lipid levels in hypercholesterolaemic patients with or without the MS...
- Effect of rosuvastatin on progression of carotid intima-media thickness in low-risk individuals with subclinical atherosclerosis: the METEOR Trial
John R Crouse
Department of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
JAMA 297:1344-53. 2007
..Atherosclerosis is often advanced before symptoms appear and it is not clear whether treatment is beneficial in middle-aged individuals with a low Framingham risk score (FRS) and mild to moderate subclinical atherosclerosis...
- Safety and efficacy of ezetimibe added on to rosuvastatin 5 or 10 mg versus up-titration of rosuvastatin in patients with hypercholesterolemia (the ACTE Study)
Harold E Bays
Louisville Metabolic and Atherosclerosis Research Center, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:523-30. 2011
- Ancestry as a determinant of mean population C-reactive protein values: implications for cardiovascular risk prediction
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, University College London, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:436-44. 2010
..Most observational studies of CRP and cardiovascular disease have been in Europeans. We evaluated the influence of ancestry on population CRP concentration to assess the implications for statin targeting in non-Europeans...
- Efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin and fenofibric acid combination therapy versus simvastatin monotherapy in patients with hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia: a randomized, double-blind study
Eli M Roth
Sterling Research Group, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 10:175-86. 2010
- Binding thermodynamics of statins to HMG-CoA reductase
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Biochemistry 44:11741-8. 2005
..Since the enthalpic and entropic contributions to binding originate from different types of interactions, the thermodynamic dissection presented here provides a way to identify interactions that are critical for affinity and specificity...
- Fenfluramine evokes 5-HT2A receptor-mediated responses but does not displace [11C]MDL 100907: small animal PET and gene expression studies
Imaging Research Solutions Ltd, Cyclotron Building, London W12 0NN, UK
Synapse 50:251-60. 2003
- Comparison of effects of rosuvastatin (10 mg) versus atorvastatin (40 mg) on rho kinase activity in caucasian men with a previous atherosclerotic event
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:437-41. 2009
..In conclusion, these findings provide direct clinical evidence that statins, at clinically relevant doses, could differentially inhibit ROCK activity and improve endothelial function by cholesterol-independent mechanism...
- Hydrogen bonding of the nucleobase mimic 2-pyridone to fluorobenzenes: an ab initio investigation
Jann A Frey
Departement fur Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Bern, Freiestrasse 3, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Phys Chem A 110:4188-95. 2006
..5 kcal/mol and weakens the C-F...H-N hydrogen bond by approximately 0.3 kcal/mol. The single H-bond strengths and lengths correlate with the gas-phase acid-base properties of the C-H and C-F groups of the fluorobenzenes.
- Combination rosuvastatin plus fenofibric acid in a cohort of patients 65 years or older with mixed dyslipidemia: subanalysis of two randomized, controlled studies
Carl J Pepine
Division of Cardiovscular Medicine, The University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:609-19. 2010
..Combination lipid therapy is an option; however, efficacy and safety data among elderly patients are lacking...
- Comparative effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on glucose metabolism and adipokine levels in non-diabetic patients with dyslipidaemia: a prospective randomised open-label study
Endocrinology Clinic, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Clin Pract 65:679-83. 2011
..We compared the effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on glucose homeostasis, insulin sensitivity (IS), adiponectin and leptin levels as well as systemic inflammation in non-diabetic patients with dyslipidaemia...
- Comparison of the effects of simvastatin vs. rosuvastatin vs. simvastatin/ezetimibe on parameters of insulin resistance
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Int J Clin Pract 65:1141-8. 2011
..Statin treatment may be associated with adverse effects on glucose metabolism. Whether this is a class effect is not known. In contrast, ezetimibe monotherapy may beneficially affect insulin sensitivity...
- Rosuvastatin for primary prevention among individuals with elevated high-sensitivity c-reactive protein and 5% to 10% and 10% to 20% 10-year risk. Implications of the Justification for Use of Statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvas
Paul M Ridker
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:447-52. 2010
..However, trial data directly addressing whether this recommendation defines a patient population in which statin therapy is effective have not previously been published...
- A 12-week, prospective, open-label analysis of the effect of rosuvastatin on triglyceride-rich lipoprotein metabolism in patients with primary dyslipidemia
Michael S Kostapanos
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Clin Ther 29:1403-14. 2007
..Although the effect of statins on lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) has been extensively studied, their hypotriglyceridemic capacity is not fully understood...
- Treatment of hyperlipidaemia with fenofibrate and related fibrates
University of Ioannina, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, 451 10 Ioannina, Greece
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1599-614. 2008
..Fenofibrate is the most widely used fibrate. Its efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of hypertriglyceridaemia and combined hyperlipidaemia have been demonstrated in several clinical trials...
- Comparison of effects of atorvastatin (20 mg) versus rosuvastatin (10 mg) therapy on mild coronary atherosclerotic plaques (from the ARTMAP trial)
Cheol Whan Lee
Department of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Am J Cardiol 109:1700-4. 2012
..In conclusion, usual doses of atorvastatin and rosuvastatin induced significant regression of coronary atherosclerosis in statin-naive patients, with a greater decrease in favor of rosuvastatin...
- Rosuvastatin prevents endothelial cell death and reduces atherosclerotic lesion formation in ApoE-deficient mice
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 63:19-26. 2009
..7+/-0.4%, p<0.05). Our findings indicate that rosuvastatin protects endothelial cells from death with phosphorylation of Akt and eNOS. These effects may contribute, at least in part, to the anti-atherosclerotic effects of rosuvastatin...
- Population pharmacokinetics of rosuvastatin: implications of renal impairment, race, and dyslipidaemia
Tsang Bin Tzeng
AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE 19850, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2575-85. 2008
..To build the structural model of pharmacokinetics for rosuvastatin and evaluate the impact of demographic characteristics including renal function on its pharmacokinetic parameters...
- Role of serotonin 2A receptors in the D-amphetamine-induced release of dopamine: comparison with previous data on alpha1b-adrenergic receptors
INSERM U 114, College de France, Paris, France
J Neurochem 91:318-26. 2004
..We propose that 5-HT(2A) and alpha1b-adrenergic receptors control a common neural pathway responsible for the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens by psychostimulants...
- Inhibitors of HMG-CoA reductase reduce receptor-mediated endocytosis in human kidney proximal tubular cells
University of Antwerp, Department of Nephrology Hypertension, p a Antwerp University Hospital, Wilrijkstraat 10, B 2650 Edegem Antwerpen, Belgium
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2249-57. 2004
..It is suggested that these data help to explain the occurrence of proteinuria in some patients treated with high statin doses...
- An economic evaluation of rosuvastatin treatment in systolic heart failure: evidence from the CORONA trial
Paula K Lorgelly
Section of Public Health and Health Policy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8RZ, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 12:66-74. 2010
..To estimate the cost-effectiveness of 10 mg rosuvastatin daily for older patients with systolic heart failure in the Controlled Rosuvastatin Multinational Study in Heart Failure (CORONA) trial...
- Differential regulation of the mesoaccumbens circuit by serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)2A and 5-HT2C receptors
L R McMahon
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555-1031, USA
J Neurosci 21:7781-7. 2001
..The selective regulation of the mesoaccumbens circuit by 5-HT(2A)Rs and 5-HT(2C)Rs implicates these 5-HT receptors as important in the behavioral outcomes of systemic cocaine administration...
- Cardiovascular event reduction and adverse events among subjects attaining low-density lipoprotein cholesterol <50 mg/dl with rosuvastatin. The JUPITER trial (Justification for the Use of Statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvast
AstraZeneca LP, 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19850 5437, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:1666-75. 2011
- Dose-dependent effect of rosuvastatin treatment on urinary protein excretion
Michael S Kostapanos
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Greece
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 12:292-7. 2007
..These findings indicate that rosuvastatin treatment increases the urinary excretion of alpha1-microglobulin urinary excretion in a dose-dependent manner without adversely affecting renal function...
- Clinical utility of rosuvastatin and other statins for cardiovascular risk reduction among the elderly
Sydney B Long
Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Interv Aging 6:27-35. 2011
..The implications of this JUPITER subanalysis and the broader role of statins among older adults is the subject of this review...
- Clinical usefulness of tissue Doppler imaging in patients with mild to moderate aortic stenosis: a substudy of the aortic stenosis progression observation measuring effects of rosuvastatin study
Davinder S Jassal
Cardiology Division, Department of Cardiac Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1023-7. 2008
- The cost-effectiveness of C-reactive protein testing and rosuvastatin treatment for patients with normal cholesterol levels
Niteesh K Choudhry
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:784-91. 2011
..We sought to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of applying the JUPITER (Justification for the Use of statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin) trial results into clinical practice...
- An overview of statin-associated proteinuria
Metabolic and Urology Group, New Drug Discovery Research, Ranbaxy Research Laboratories, Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, India
Drug Discov Today 11:458-64. 2006
..However, definitive proof of this assertion will need to be provided by rigorous testing...
- The effect of gemfibrozil on the pharmacokinetics of rosuvastatin
Dennis W Schneck
AstraZeneca, Willmington, DE 19850, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:455-63. 2004
..Inhibition of this transporter could increase plasma concentrations of rosuvastatin. The effect of gemfibrozil on rosuvastatin uptake by cells expressing OATP2 was also examined...
- Dangers of rosuvastatin identified before and after FDA approval
Sidney M Wolfe
Lancet 363:2189-90. 2004
- Effect of rosuvastatin therapy on coronary artery stenoses assessed by quantitative coronary angiography: a study to evaluate the effect of rosuvastatin on intravascular ultrasound-derived coronary atheroma burden
Christie M Ballantyne
Section of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, and Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 117:2458-66. 2008
..Intravascular ultrasound showed atheroma volume regression in a single coronary artery with <50% angiographic luminal narrowing...
- Comparison of the effects of high doses of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin on the subpopulations of high-density lipoproteins
Bela F Asztalos
Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:681-5. 2007
..In conclusion, our data show that both statins, given at their maximal doses, favorably alter the HDL subpopulation profile, but also that rosuvastatin is significantly more effective in this regard than atorvastatin...
- Rosuvastatin decreases caveolin-1 and improves nitric oxide-dependent heart rate and blood pressure variability in apolipoprotein E-/- mice in vivo
Department of Medicine, Unit of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Louvain, School of Medicine, Ave Mounier 53, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Circulation 107:2480-6. 2003
- Prevalence of low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with elevated high sensitivity C-reactive protein in the U.S.: implications of the JUPITER (Justification for the Use of Statins in Primary Prevention: An Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin) st
Erin D Michos
Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:931-5. 2009
- Efficacy and safety of ABT-335 (fenofibric acid) in combination with rosuvastatin in patients with mixed dyslipidemia: a phase 3 study
Peter H Jones
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Atherosclerosis 204:208-15. 2009
..To evaluate a new formulation of fenofibric acid (ABT-335) co-administered with 2 doses of rosuvastatin in patients with mixed dyslipidemia...
- Effect of sertindole on extracellular dopamine, acetylcholine, and glutamate in the medial prefrontal cortex of conscious rats: a comparison with risperidone and exploration of mechanisms involved
Department of Neurophysiology, Discovery Pharmacology Research, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500, Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:39-49. 2009
..Second-generation antipsychotics have some beneficial effect on cognition. Recent studies, furthermore, indicate differential effects of second-generation antipsychotics on impairment in executive cognitive function...
- Rosuvastatin increases vascular endothelial PPARgamma expression and corrects blood pressure variability in obese dyslipidaemic mice
Unit of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Eur Heart J 29:128-37. 2008
..g. on hypertension, in the metabolic syndrome is unclear. We examined the effects of rosuvastatin on the components of this syndrome, as reproduced in mice doubly deficient in LDL receptors and leptin (DKO)...
- Rosuvastatin regulates vascular smooth muscle cell phenotypic modulation in vascular remodeling: role for the urokinase receptor
Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover D 30625, Germany
Atherosclerosis 195:254-61. 2007
..This mechanism contributes to the beneficial non-lipid lowering effect of rosuvastatin on negative vascular remodeling...
- Ezetimibe is effective when added to maximally tolerated lipid lowering therapy in patients with HIV
Matthew T Bennett
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Lipids Health Dis 6:15. 2007
..006). Mean Apolipoprotein B100 was reduced 33% (p = 0.043). No adverse events occurred. Ezetimibe appears safe and effective in patients with HIV when added to maximally tolerated doses of lipid lowering therapy...
- The safety of rosuvastatin in comparison with other statins in over 100,000 statin users in UK primary care
Luis Alberto García-Rodríguez
Spanish Centre for Pharmacoepidemiological Research CEIFE, Madrid, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:943-52. 2008
..To compare mortality and the incidence of hospitalization for myopathy, rhabdomyolysis, acute renal failure and acute liver injury in patients receiving rosuvastatin and those taking other statins...
- Effects of maximal doses of atorvastatin versus rosuvastatin on small dense low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels
Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:315-8. 2008
- Statin treatment and 3' polyadenylation of eNOS mRNA
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Dr, WMB 319, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2642-9. 2007
..Because the poly(A) tail is an important determinant of transcript stability, we sought to characterize the effect of statins on eNOS mRNA 3' polyadenylation...
- The comparative safety of rosuvastatin: a retrospective matched cohort study in over 48,000 initiators of statin therapy
Andrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Newton, MA 02466, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:444-53. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to compare incidence rates of hospitalization associated with rhabdomyolysis, myopathy, renal, or hepatic dysfunction, and of in-hospital death, between initiators of rosuvastatin and other statins...
- Rosuvastatin reduces atherosclerosis development beyond and independent of its plasma cholesterol-lowering effect in APOE*3-Leiden transgenic mice: evidence for antiinflammatory effects of rosuvastatin
Gaubius Laboratory, The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden the Netherlands
Circulation 108:1368-74. 2003
..We addressed the question whether the anti-inflammatory activities of statins can reduce atherosclerosis beyond the reduction achieved by cholesterol lowering per se...
- Cholesterol-lowering effects of rosuvastatin compared with atorvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes -- CORALL study
B H R Wolffenbuttel
University Medical Centre, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Intern Med 257:531-9. 2005
..To compare the efficacy of the newest cholesterol-lowering drug, rosuvastatin (RSV) with atorvastatin (ATV) in subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- Treatment and prevention of dyslipidemia with rosuvastatin (Crestor)
Katie A Leonard
Nurse Pract 29:11-5. 2004
- Effects of switching statins on lipid and apolipoprotein ratios in the MERCURY I study
Raphael C Cheung
Southwestern Ontario Medical Education Network Windsor, Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Int J Cardiol 100:309-16. 2005
..The effects of rosuvastatin, atorvastatin, simvastatin, and pravastatin on lipid ratios were investigated in the Measuring Effective Reductions in Cholesterol Using Rosuvastatin TherapY (MERCURY) I trial...
- The pleiotropic actions of rosuvastatin confer renal benefits in the diabetic Apo-E knockout mouse
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F528-35. 2010
..The combination treatment is not superior to monotherapies...
- Efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin 5 mg in combination with fenofibric acid 135 mg in patients with mixed dyslipidemia - a phase 3 study
Eli M Roth
Sterling Research Group, 2230 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 24:421-8. 2010
..This phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind study evaluated the efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin 5 mg coadministered with fenofibric acid 135 mg in patients with mixed dyslipidemia...
- Contribution of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) 5-HT2 receptor subtypes to the hyperlocomotor effects of cocaine: acute and chronic pharmacological analyses
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:1246-54. 2004
..The present study implies that 5-HT2AR and 5-HT2CR exert oppositional influence upon hyperactivity evoked by acute administration of cocaine; this balance is altered following repeated cocaine administration...
- Efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin in patients with hypercholesterolemia and a high risk of coronary heart disease: a randomized, controlled trial
Gregory G Schwartz
University of Colorado, Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, Colo 80220, USA
Am Heart J 148:e4. 2004
..This double-blind, multicenter, randomized trial compared rosuvastatin and atorvastatin for reducing low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) in adults with hypercholesterolemia and a high risk of coronary heart disease...
- Rosuvastatin for primary prevention in patients with European systematic coronary risk evaluation risk ≥ 5% or Framingham risk >20%: post hoc analyses of the JUPITER trial requested by European health authorities
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, University of Ulm Medical Center, Albert Einstein Allee 23, Ulm, Germany
Eur Heart J 32:75-83. 2011
..However, as these are post hoc analyses, data describing these subgroups have not previously been available to the clinical community...
- The hallucinogen 1-[2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl]-2-aminopropane (DOI) increases cortical extracellular glutamate levels in rats
Jennifer L Scruggs
Neuroscience Program and Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 37212, USA
Neurosci Lett 346:137-40. 2003
..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that 5-HT(2A) receptor-mediated regulation of glutamate release is the mechanism through which hallucinogens activate the cerebral cortex...
- A statin in the treatment of heart failure? Controlled rosuvastatin multinational study in heart failure (CORONA): study design and baseline characteristics
Department of Cardiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Sognsvannsveien 20, Oslo 0027, Norway
Eur J Heart Fail 7:1059-69. 2005
..Previous prospective outcome studies of statins have not provided any guidance on benefit-risk in patients with heart failure...
- Effects of rosuvastatin, atorvastatin, simvastatin, and pravastatin on atherogenic dyslipidemia in patients with characteristics of the metabolic syndrome
Prakash C Deedwania
VA Central California Health Care System and University of California San Francisco, Fresno, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:360-6. 2005
..Rosuvastatin had the most favorable effect on the atherogenic lipid profile of MS overall...
- Rosuvastatin inhibits MMP-2 expression and limits the progression of atherosclerosis in LDLR-deficient mice
Department of Cardiology, Shaoxing People s Hospital, Zhejiang, China
Arch Med Res 40:345-51. 2009
..The present study investigated the effects of rosuvastatin on the progression of atherosclerosis and the expression of MMP-2/-9 in LDLR-deficient mice...
- Evaluation of a new formulation of fenofibric acid, ABT-335, co-administered with statins : study design and rationale of a phase III clinical programme
Peter H Jones
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Drug Investig 28:625-34. 2008
..A comprehensive, controlled clinical trial programme was thus designed to evaluate three separate statins in combination with ABT-335, a new formulation of fenofibric acid...
- Rapid immunomodulation by rosuvastatin in patients with acute coronary syndrome
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, D 66421Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur Heart J 27:2945-55. 2006
..It is unclear how rapidly the beneficial effects of statins occur in patients with ACS and whether these drug properties are related to lipid lowering...
- Rosuvastatin attenuates angiotensin II-induced neointimal formation after stent implantation in the rat
Pim van der Harst
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Coron Artery Dis 19:47-53. 2008
..We investigated the efficacy of oral rosuvastatin treatment to reduce in-stent neointima formation, both in the absence and presence of high levels of the proproliferative substance angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Rosuvastatin reduces caspase-3 activity and up-regulates alpha-secretase in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells exposed to A beta
Neurotec Department, Division of Clinical and Experimental Geriatrics, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 371:209-14. 2004
..These effects are essential for modulation of the amyloidogenic pathway and mediators of apoptosis in AD...
- Comparative effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin across their dose ranges in patients with hypercholesterolemia and without active arterial disease
Dennis W Schneck
AstraZeneca LP, Wilmington, Delaware 19850 5437, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:33-41. 2003
..Significantly greater triglyceride decreases were seen at 80 mg with atorvastatin over rosuvastatin. Both rosuvastatin and atorvastatin were well tolerated over 6 weeks...
- An overview of the extra-lipid effects of rosuvastatin
Michael S Kostapanos
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 13:157-74. 2008
..Whether the established "pleiotropy" and/or lipid-lowering efficacy of rosuvastatin may translate into reduced morbidity and mortality remains to be shown in ongoing clinical outcome trials...
- Baseline characteristics of participants in the JUPITER trial, a randomized placebo-controlled primary prevention trial of statin therapy among individuals with low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein
Paul M Ridker
JUPITER Coordinating Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:1659-64. 2007
..In conclusion, as 20 mg of rosuvastatin can reduce LDL cholesterol by up to 50%, JUPITER will also provide crucial safety data for several thousand patients who should achieve LDL cholesterol levels<50 mg/dl on a long-term basis...