Genomes and Genes
Summary: Eight-carbon saturated hydrocarbon group of the methane series. Include isomers and derivatives.
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Ex situ treatment of hydrocarbon-contaminated soil using biosurfactants from Lactobacillus pentosusAna Belén Moldes
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Vigo, ETS Ingenieros Industriales, Campus As Lagoas, Marcosende, 36310 Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 59:9443-7. 2011..pentosus, as part of a well-designed bioremediation process, can provide mechanisms to mobilize the target contaminants from the soil surface to make them more available to the microbial population...
- Functional expression system for cytochrome P450 genes using the reductase domain of self-sufficient P450RhF from Rhodococcus sp. NCIMB 9784Miho Nodate
Marine Biotechnology Institute, 3 75 1 Heita, Kamaishi, Iwate, 026 0001, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:455-62. 2006..The system presented here may be applicable to the functional identification of a wide variety of bacterial cytochromes P450...
- Comparison of two vectors for functional expression of a bacterial cytochrome P450 gene in Escherichia coli using CYP153 genesNaoya Fujita
Marine Biotechnology Institute, Heita, Kamaishi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:1825-30. 2009..It was also found that 2-n-butylbenzofuran is biotransformed into 4-benzofuran-2-yl-butyric acid via 4-benzofuran-2-yl-butan-1-ol with E. coli cells expressing CYP153A...
- Production of alpha, omega-alkanediols using Escherichia coli expressing a cytochrome P450 from Acinetobacter sp. OC4Tadashi Fujii
Bioresource Laboratories, Mercian Corporation, Shizuoka
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:1379-85. 2006..This is the first report on the bioproduction of alpha,omega-alkanediols from n-alkanes or 1-alkanols...
- Whole-cell hydroxylation of n-octane by Escherichia coli strains expressing the CYP153A6 operonRama Krishna Gudiminchi
Department of Microbial, Biochemical and Food Biotechnology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339, Bloemfontein 9300, South Africa
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 96:1507-16. 2012..A maximum of 8.7 g octanol L (BRM)⁻¹ was obtained within 24 h (0.34 g L (BRM)⁻¹ h⁻¹) with IPTG-induced cells containing only 0.20 μmol P450 g (DCW)⁻¹, when glucose (22 g L (BRM)⁻¹) was added for cofactor regeneration...
- Enantioselective transesterification using lipase-displaying yeast whole-cell biocatalystT Matsumoto
Division of Molecular Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, 1 1 Rokkodaicho, Nada Ku, 657 8501 Kobe, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:481-5. 2004..The results obtained in this study demonstrate the applicability of the lipase-displaying yeast whole cell biocatalyst to bioconversion processes in non-aqueous organic solvents...
- The molecular basis of electroporationD Peter Tieleman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr, NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
BMC Biochem 5:10. 2004....
- Nanosecond dynamics of a mimicked membrane-water interface observed by time-resolved stokes shift of LAURDANMichel Vincent
LURE Laboratoire pour l Utilisation du Rayonnement Electromagnétique, Universite Paris Sud, Batiment 209d, Orsay, France
Biophys J 88:4337-50. 2005..The measured relaxation time values were in the range of the rotational motion of the AOT polar headgroup region as assessed by LAURDAN and TOE fluorescence anisotropy decays...
- Effect of AOT on enzymatic activity of the organic solvent resistant tyrosinase from Streptomyces sp. REN-21 in aqueous solutions and water-in-oil microemulsionsJanina Rodakiewicz-Nowak
Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, 30 239 Krakow, Poland
J Colloid Interface Sci 284:674-9. 2005..12+/-0.02 and 0.051+/-0.006 for tBC and 4-MC, respectively), and the effective enzyme turnover number in the microemulsions remains practically constant...
- Pressure-induced protein unfolding in the ternary system AOT-octane-water is different from that in bulk waterFilip Meersman
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, United Kingdom
Langmuir 21:3599-604. 2005..Our observations therefore suggest that membranes may cause the formation of alternative conformations that are more susceptible to aggregation...
- Influence of glymes upon percolative phenomena in AOT-based microemulsionsJ Dasilva-Carbalhal
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultade de Ciencias, Universidade de Vigo, 32004 Ourense, Spain
J Colloid Interface Sci 292:591-4. 2005..Such inclusion modifies the properties of the AOT film, facilitating the exchange of matter between droplets...
- Enzymatic redox cofactor regeneration in organic media: functionalization and application of glycerol dehydrogenase and soluble transhydrogenase in reverse micellesHirofumi Ichinose
Japan Science and Technology Agency, Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology, 4 1 8, Honmachi, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Biotechnol Prog 21:1192-7. 2005..These results indicate that GLD and STH have potential for use in redox cofactor recycling in reverse micelles, which allows the use of catalytic quantities of NAD(P)H in organic media...
- Phase behavior of the lecithin/water/isooctane and lecithin/water/decane systemsRuggero Angelico
DISTAAM, Universita del Molise, v De Sanctis, 1 861 00 Campobasso, Italy
Langmuir 20:619-31. 2004..The use of the decane as oil does not change the main features of the phase behavior...
- Hydrolytic resolution of (R,S)-naproxen 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl thioester by Carica papaya lipase in water-saturated organic solventsI Son Ng
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 70101, Republic of China
Biotechnol Bioeng 89:88-95. 2005....
- Study of the factors affecting the forward and back extraction of yeast-lipase and its activity by reverse micellesYan Chun Yu
Department of Chemical Engineering, Huaihai Institute of Technology, Lanyungang 222005, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 267:60-4. 2003..One hundred percent of forward extraction yield, 68% of back extraction yield, and 45% of activity recovery yield for the lipase are obtained. The phase transfer of the lipase is controlled by electrostatic and hydrophobic interactions...
- Structural evolution of a two-component organogelMohit Singh
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Langmuir 20:7392-8. 2004..Upon a very small increment in the concentration of p-chlorophenol beyond this "threshold" concentration, large strandlike aggregates are observed which then evolve to the three-dimensional gel network...
- Bounded water kinetic model of beta-galactosidase in reverse micellesC Will Chen
Department of Bioengineering, Tatung University, 40 Chungshan Road, 3rd Section, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 26:307-13. 2004..In contrast to the aqueous system, controlling the water concentration in the reverse micelles allows the rate constants for the reaction between water molecules and glycosyl-enzyme complexes to be evaluated...
- Hydration of enzyme in nonaqueous media is consistent with solvent dependence of its activityLu Yang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Biophys J 87:812-21. 2004....
- A novel method for the preparation of silver chloride nanoparticles starting from their solid powder using microemulsionsMaen M Husein
Department of Chemical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, H3A 2B2, Canada
J Colloid Interface Sci 288:457-67. 2005..A monotonic decrease in the nanoparticle uptake accompanied by an increase in the particle size was observed when increasing n-decanol concentration or the water to surfactant mole ratio...
- Chiral recognition of zinc(II) ion complexes composed of bicyclo[3.3.0] octane-2,6-diol and s-naproxen probed by collisional-induced dissociationChong Tian Yu
Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:795-802. 2004..Further discussion shows that steric interactions and pi-pi stacking interactions are the major factors responsible for the observed efficient chiral recognition in this system...
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-13-methoxy-15-oxozoapatlin, a rearranged kaurane diterpenoidRobert A Britton
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z1
J Org Chem 69:3068-75. 2004..Of particular note in this work is the development of a new method for the construction of the functionalized bicyclo[3.2.1]octane unit present in the target substance...
- The role of conformational flexibility of enzymes in the discrimination between amino acid and ester substrates for the subtilisin-catalyzed reaction in organic solventsKeiichi Watanabe
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Nada 657 8501, Japan
Bioorg Chem 32:504-15. 2004..Our findings provide insight into the enantioselectivity enhancement for the resolution of enantiomers for enzyme-catalyzed reactions in organic solvents...
- Online kinetic studies on intermediates of laccase-catalyzed reaction in reversed micelleZhi Hong Liu
Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Colloid Interface Sci 294:122-8. 2006..The influences of microenvironmental factors of the medium (such as the pH value of the water pool and the water/AOT ratio) on the detection of the intermediate were also investigated...
- Cross-diffusion in a water-in-oil microemulsion loaded with malonic acid or ferroin. Taylor dispersion method for four-component systemsVladimir K Vanag
Department of Chemistry and Volen Center for Complex Systems, MS 015, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
J Phys Chem B 112:9058-70. 2008..The results should provide a basis for modeling pattern formation in the BZ-AOT system...
- Preparation and characterization of platinum-ruthenium bimetallic nanoparticles using reverse microemulsions for fuel cell catalystTaeyoon Kim
Advanced Research Center for Energy and Environment, Musashi Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
J Oleo Sci 56:553-62. 2007....
- Preparation of coal slurry with organic solventsYu Jen Shin
Department of Resources Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Chemosphere 68:389-93. 2007..Thus, more surface area is available for combustion and the combustion rate of coal slurries was increased...
- Three-dimensional structure and dynamics of a de novo designed, amphiphilic, metallo-porphyrin-binding protein maquette at soft interfaces by molecular dynamics simulationsHongling Zou
Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:1823-33. 2007..The simulation results are in qualitative agreement with available experimental data describing the structures at lower resolution and limited dimension...
- Formation of n-alkane layers at the vapor/water interfaceOh Sun Kwon
Department of Chemistry and Program of Integrated Biotechnology, Sogang University, Shinsoo, Mapogu, Seoul, Korea
Langmuir 23:12249-53. 2007..Our observations of continuous and saturated adsorption behaviors are analyzed qualitatively using a kinetic adsorption model...
- Switching electrical conductivity in an AOT-isooctane-water microemulsion through photodimerization of solubilized N-methyl-2-quinoloneMarkus Bufe
Technische Universitat Dresden, Physikalische Chemie, Professur für Grenzflächen und Kolloidchemie, D 01062 Dresden, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys 8:4222-7. 2006..The effect can be reverted in part by irradiation at lambda = 250 nm. Coumarin derivatives--structurally related to NMQ--show much slighter effects...
- Confinement or the nature of the interface? Dynamics of nanoscopic waterDavid E Moilanen
Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:14311-8. 2007..The results demonstrate that confinement by an interface to form a nanoscopic water pool is a primary factor governing the dynamics of nanoscopic water rather than the presence of charged groups at the interface...
- Temperature-dependent solvation dynamics of water in sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl)sulfosuccinate/isooctane reverse micellesRajib Kumar Mitra
Unit for Nano Science and Technology, Department of Chemical, Biological, and Macromolecular Sciences, S N Bose National Center for Basic Sciences, Block JD, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata, India
Langmuir 24:49-56. 2008..Time-resolved fluorescence anisotropy studies reveal a decrease in the rotational restriction on the probe with increasing temperature for all systems. Wobbling-in-cone analysis of the anisotropy data also supports this finding...
- Utility of 1-octanol/octane mixed solvents for the solvent extraction of aluminum(III), gallium(III), and indium(III) with 8-quinolinolHiromichi Yamada
Graduate School of Engineering, Shikumi College, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokisocho, Showa, Japan
Anal Sci 22:371-6. 2006....
- Oxovanadates: a novel probe for studying lipid-water interfacesDebbie C Crans
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 60:174-81. 2006..Furthermore, the vanadium-containing probe structure, charge and polarity can be modified for use in various biological settings. Here we introduce the concept and describe a few applications of this approach...
- Characterization of interaction between bergenin and human serum albumin in membrane mimetic environmentsYaheng Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
J Fluoresc 18:661-70. 2008..The DLS data suggested that HSA may locate at the interface of the microemulsion and bergenin could interact with them...
- Micelle-to-vesicle transition induced by organic additives in catanionic surfactant systemsHaiqing Yin
State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry of Unstable and Stable Species, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, P R China
Chemistry 12:2825-35. 2006..Possible mechanisms for the above phenomena are presented, and the potential application of controllable micelle/vesicle systems in the synthesis of tailored bimodal mesoporous materials is discussed...
- Water dynamics--the effects of ions and nanoconfinementSungnam Park
Department of Chemistry Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Phys Chem B 112:5279-90. 2008....
- Rate-limited mass transfer of octane, decane, and dodecane into nonionic surfactants solutions under laminar flow conditionsDianne J Luning Prak
US Naval Academy, 572M Holloway Road, Annapolis, MD 21402, USA
Chemosphere 72:133-40. 2008..Although these trends are specific for this experimental system, the results demonstrate the importance of selecting the proper diffusion coefficient when modeling surfactant solubilization processes...
- Oxidative refolding of reduced, denatured lysozyme in AOT reverse micellesJun Bao Fan
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Colloid Interface Sci 322:95-103. 2008..Together, our data demonstrate that AOT reverse micelles with suitable water-to-surfactant molar ratios are favorable to the oxidative refolding of reduced, denatured lysozyme at a higher concentration, compared with bulk water...
- Effect of alpha-lactalbumin on aerosol-OT phase structures in oil/water mixturesJun Y Kim
Department of Food Science and Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Phys Chem B 112:5381-92. 2008....
- Bicyclo[2.2.2]octene-based "crab-like" molecules: synthesis, complexation, luminescence properties, and solid-state structuresTeh Chang Chou
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, National Chung Cheng University, Minshong, Chiayi 621, Taiwan
J Org Chem 70:9717-26. 2005..The self-assembled intramolecular pi-stacking of pyrenyl rings in 25 with an interplanar distance of 3.40 A and the consequent pi-pi interactions were revealed by the X-ray crystal structure and its luminescence property...
- Dynamics of a membrane-bound tryptophan analog in environments of varying hydration: a fluorescence approachAmitabha Chattopadhyay
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Eur Biophys J 35:62-71. 2005..These results are relevant and potentially useful for analyzing dynamics of proteins or peptides bound to membranes or membrane-mimetic media under conditions of changing hydration...
- Improvement in extraction and catalytic activity of Mucor javanicus lipase by modification of AOT reverse micelleMahabubur Rahman Talukder
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, Singapore, Singapore
Biotechnol J 2:1369-74. 2007..The maximum specific activity of lipase extracted in PEG 400-modified reverse micellar system was threefold higher than that in the PEG-free system...
- Synthesis of highly functionalised enantiopure bicyclo[3.2.1]- octane systems from carvoneAntonio Abad
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Dr Moliner, 50, 46100 Burjasot, Valencia, Spain
Molecules 9:287-99. 2004..The sequence used for this transformation involves as key features an intramolecular Diels-Alder reaction of a 5-vinyl-1,3-cyclohexadiene and a cyclopropane ring opening...
- [Stability of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase complexed with its substrate and/or cofactor in aqueous and micellar environment]A V Puchkaev
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 5 2 Kuprevich St, Minsk, 220141 Belarus
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 38:44-52. 2002..In addition, this approach demonstrated that G6PDH undergoes destabilization in AOT micelles...
- Kinetic method for determining antioxidant distributions in model food emulsions: distribution constants of t-butylhydroquinone in mixtures of octane, water, and a nonionic emulsifierLaurence S Romsted
Center for Advanced Food Technology and Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Wright and Rieman Laboratories, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:3328-36. 2002..About 90% of the TBHQ is in the surfactant film at about 2% volume fraction of C(12)E(6), which suggests that this region may be the primary site of antioxidant activity for neutral phenolic antioxidants...
- Characterization of patatin esterase activity in AOT-isooctane reverse micellesM Jimenez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular A, Universidad de Murcia, Espinardo 30071, Murcia, Spain
Biotechnol Prog 18:635-40. 2002..8 x 10(-3) min(-1)). This paper shows the suitability of reverse micelles for measuring patatin esterase activity, since it allows the study of the enzyme in similar conditions to that prevailing in vivo...
- Rearrangement of a mesylate tropane intermediate in nucleophilic substitution reactions. Synthesis of aza-bicyclo[3.2.1]octane and aza-bicyclo[3.2.2]nonane ethers, imides, and aminesLionel Ogier
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University and VA CT HCS, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Org Chem 67:3637-42. 2002..2.2]nonane structure was obtained, whereas the use of amines or imides as nucleophile afforded a mixture of the two structures. The bicyclo[3.2.2]nonane structure was assigned by NMR analysis...
- A new route to (+)-estrone using a bicyclo[3.2.1]octane chiral building blockKeisuke Hanada
Pharmaceutical Institute, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:104-6. 2003..A new route to (+)-estrone has been developed starting from the chiral building block having a bicyclo[3.2.1]octane framework based on the inherent stereochemical chemical nature of the chiral building block...
- Determination of phenol using an enhanced chemiluminescent assayA D Ilyina
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas de la Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, República, AP 935, CP 25000, Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
Luminescence 18:31-6. 2003..006, 0.003 and 0.0005 mg/mL, respectively, for the buffer-containing system, the AOT-applied system with phenol standard solutions in water and for the AOT-applied system with phenol standard solutions in octane...
- Indigo production by Escherichia coli carrying the phenol hydroxylase gene from Acinetobacter sp strain ST-550 in a water-organic solvent two-phase systemN Doukyu
Department of Biological Information, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta 4259, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 60:720-5. 2003..The OST3410 recombinant produced 52 microg indigo ml(-1) of medium in the presence of diphenylmethane. This productivity was 4.3-fold higher than that of the JA300 recombinant...
- Synthesis of bicyclic amines and their activities against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum K1Robert Weis
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Karl Franzens University, Universitatsplatz 1, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Arch Pharm Res 31:688-97. 2008..2.2.0(2,4)]nonylamines exhibit similar antiprotozoal activities as 4-aminobicyclo[2.2.2] octanes. 4-Aminobicyclo[2.2...
- Synthetic approaches to the polycyclic alkaloid stemofolineAlison M Baylis
The School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Org Biomol Chem 5:3139-55. 2007..The analogous ketones 15, 18, and 19 were also cyclised to give the 8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes 22-24 with axial electron-withdrawing 2-substituents...
- Distance indices and their hyper-counterparts: intercorrelation and use in the structure-property modelingN Trinajstic
Rugjer Boskovic Institute, P O Box 180, HR 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
SAR QSAR Environ Res 12:31-54. 2001..the second set (S-139) 139 cyclic hydrocarbons from cyclopropane to branched and unbranched polycyclic octanes and the third set (S-178) is a combination of the first two sets (178 molecules)...
- Diversity-oriented synthesis of azaspirocyclesPeter Wipf
Department of Chemistry, Center for Chemical Methodologies and Library Development, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Org Lett 6:3009-12. 2004..These novel building blocks are converted into heterocyclic 5-azaspiro[2.4]heptanes, 5-azaspiro-[2.5]octanes, and 5-azaspiro[2...
- Synthesis of 6- and 7- hydroxy-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes and their binding affinity for the dopamine and serotonin transportersP C Meltzer
Organix Inc, 240 Salem Street, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801, USA
J Med Chem 44:2619-35. 2001..This study extends the exploration of bridge hydroxylated azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes (tropanes). A series of 6- and 7-hydroxylated tropanes was prepared and evaluated biologically...
- Synthesis of 2-azabicyclo[3.2.2]nonanes from bicyclo[2.2.2]octan-2-ones and their activities against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum K1Werner Seebacher
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Karl Franzens University, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Pharm Pharm Sci 8:578-85. 2005..2.2]octan-2-ones to investigate the influence of the replacement of the rigid bicyclo-octane structure by the more flexible bicyclo-nonane system on the antiplasmodial and antitrypanosomal activity...
- Selectfluor as a nucleofuge in the reactions of azabicyclo[n.2.1]alkane beta-halocarbamic acid esters (n = 2,3)Grant R Krow
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Org Chem 73:2122-9. 2008..2.1]heptanes and 4-anti-Y-8-anti-X-6-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes. The azabicycles contained X = I or Br groups in the methano bridge and Y = F, Br, Cl, or OH substituents in the ..
- Conversion of the iridoid glucoside antirrhinoside into 3-azabicyclo[3.3.0]octane building blocksH Franzyk
Department of Organic Chemistry, The Technical University of Denmark, Building 201, DK 2800, Lyngby, Denmark
J Nat Prod 63:592-5. 2000The iridoid glucoside antirrhinoside (1) was transformed into polysubstituted 3-azabicyclo[3.3.0]octanes 3, 12, and 13 in 4 to 5 steps...
- Stereocontrolled synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of cis-2,6-diphenethyl-1-azabicyclo[2.2.2]octanes as lobelane analoguesGuangrong Zheng
College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0082, USA
J Org Chem 74:6072-6. 2009....
- 2-Carbomethoxy-3-aryl-8-bicyclo[3.2.1]octanes: potent non-nitrogen inhibitors of monoamine transportersP C Meltzer
Organix Inc, 240 Salem Street, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801, USA
J Med Chem 43:2982-91. 2000..2.1]octanes yields potent inhibitors of monoamine transport...
- The synthesis and biological evaluation of 2-(3-methyl or 3-phenylisoxazol-5-yl)-3-aryl-8-thiabicyclo[3.2.1]octanesMadhusudhan Purushotham
Organix Inc, 240 Salem Street, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:48-51. 2011..We had reported that 3-aryl-2-carbomethoxy-8-thiabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes are potent and selective inhibitors of the DAT...
- 2,7-diazabicyclo[3.3.0]octanes as novel h5-HT receptor agonistsM G Russell
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 9:2491-6. 1999The conformational restriction of a (benzylamino)methyl substituted pyrrolidine to form 2,7-diazabicyclo[3.3.0]octanes has led to a series of compounds with high affinity at the h5-HT1D receptor as well as dramatically increased ..
- Nitrogen-based drugs are not essential for blockade of monoamine transportersB K Madras
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, NERPRC, Southborough, MA 01772 9102, USA
Synapse 24:340-8. 1996..We report that several compounds without nitrogen (8-oxa-bicyclo-3-aryl-[3.2.1] octanes, or aryloxatropanes) are active at monoamine transporters...
- Synthesis and antiproliferative properties of N3/8-disubstituted 3,8-diazabicyclo[3.2.1]octane analogues of 3,8-bis[2-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)pyridin-4-yl]methyl-piperazineRosanna Filosa
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano SA, Italy
Eur J Med Chem 42:293-306. 2007A series of novel N(3/8)-disubstituted-3,8-diazabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes in order to improve the in vitro activity of the prototype 3,8-bis[2-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)pyridyl-4-yl)methylpiperazine (1) were synthesized and evaluated by assays ..
- Bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes: close structural mimics of the nuclear receptor-binding motif of steroid receptor coactivatorsHai Bing Zhou
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:4118-22. 2007..We have synthesized a series of bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes that are close structural mimics of the two key leucine residues of this SRC sequence as bound in the hydrophobic ..
- Diels-Alder cycloaddition and ring-closing metathesis: a versatile, stereoselective, and general route to embellished bridged bicyclic systems, carbocyclic framework of secoatisanes, and homologuesVishwakarma Singh
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai 400 076, India
J Org Chem 74:6092-104. 2009..2.2]octanes having an allyl group at the bridgehead and other chemically distinguishable functionality in a regio- and ..
- A versatile access to calystegine analogues as potential glycosidases inhibitorsKrishna P Kaliappan
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400 076, India
J Org Chem 74:6266-74. 2009An efficient metathetic strategy and nitrone chemistry have been suitably tethered to construct 8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes as versatile precursors for the synthesis of several calystegine analogues...
- Synthetic and computational studies on the tricarboxylate core of 6,7-dideoxysqualestatin H5 involving a carbonyl ylide cycloaddition-rearrangementDavid M Hodgson
Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, UK OX1 3TA
Org Biomol Chem 8:3975-84. 2010..2.1]octanes 29 and 30, respectively...
- Asymmetric organocatalytic domino Michael/aldol reactions: enantioselective synthesis of chiral cycloheptanones, tetrahydrochromenones, and polyfunctionalized bicyclo[3.2.1]octanesMagnus Rueping
Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Landoltweg 1, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 48:3699-702. 2009..Additionally, a retro-aldol cyclization provides access to valuable tetrahydrochromenones (see scheme)...
- Dialkylaminoalkyl derivatives of bicyclic compounds with antiplasmodial activityJohanna Faist
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Graz, Universitatsplatz 1, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Bioorg Med Chem 18:6796-804. 2010Dialkylaminoalkyl derivatives of 2-azabicyclo[3.2.2]nonanes and of bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes were prepared and their activities determined in vitro against the multiresistant K1 strain of Plasmodium falciparum...
- Neighboring group participation in the additions of iodonium and bromonium ions to N-alkoxycarbonyl-2-azabicyclo[2.2.n]alk-5-enes (n = 1,2)Grant R Krow
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Org Chem 73:2114-21. 2008..2.2]octanes were formed by nucleophilic attack at C(5) on syn-halonium ions...
- Synthesis and monoamine transporter affinity of 3beta-(4-(2-pyrrolyl)phenyl)-8-azabicyclH M Davies
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo, 14260 3000, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:487-9. 20013Beta-(5-indolyl)-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octanes display potent binding affinity for both the dopamine and serotonin transporters, while certain 3beta-(4-(2-pyrrolyl)phenyl)-8-azabicyclo[3.2...
- Evaluation of a 4-aminopiperidine replacement in several series of CCR5 antagonistsRémy C Lemoine
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Roche Palo Alto, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1830-3. 2010The bicyclic 5-amino-3-azabicyclo[3.3.0]octanes were shown to be effective replacements for the conformationally restricted 4-aminopiperidine ring found in several series of CCR5 antagonists.
- Evaluation of a 3-amino-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane replacement in the CCR5 antagonist maravirocRémy C Lemoine
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Roche Palo Alto, 3431 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1674-6. 2010The bicyclic 5-amino-3-azabicyclo[3.3.0]octanes were shown to be effective replacements for the 3-amino-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane found in the CCR5 antagonist maraviroc.
- Characterization of pyridine-octanethiolated gold nanoparticles: desorption kinetics by thermal analysis mass spectrometryTeng Yuan Dong
Department of Chemistry, Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3268-76. 2007..The TA-mass spectra have revealed that MCPs exist monomer and dimer desorption behavior from monomeric thiolate adsorbed on the surface...
- The tension of a curved surface from simulationAlexander J Sodt
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 50 South Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Chem Phys 137:234101. 2012..7 dyn/cm). Finally, an ambiguity is resolved between the Harasima and Irving-Kirkwood methods of calculating the local pressure as a means for computing the tension...
- On the structure of palau'amine: evidence for the revised relative configuration from chemical synthesisBrian A Lanman
Department of Chemistry, 1102 Natural Sciences II, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2025, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:12896-900. 2007..3.0]octane ring system of palau'amine and congeners...
- Locked nucleosides based on oxabicyclo[3.2.1]octane and oxabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane skeletonsRamprasad Ghosh
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology A unit of CSIR, 4, Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
J Org Chem 75:2419-22. 2010..Participation of a neighboring benzyl ether substituent in one case paved the way for an enantiodivergent synthesis...
- [A method of determining global migration from plastic packing materials into model fluids simulating food products containing fat according to directives of the EWG Commission]I Lewandowska
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 47:415-21. 1996..It should be introduced promptly for routine control of packing materials in the laboratories of the Province Sanitary-Epidemiological Stations...
- Intramolecular hydrogen abstraction reaction promoted by N-radicals in carbohydrates. Synthesis of chiral 7-oxa-2-azabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane and 8-oxa-6-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane ring systemsCosme G Francisco
Instituto de Productos Naturales y Agrobiología del C S I C, Carretera de La Esperanza 3, 38206 La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Org Chem 68:1012-7. 2003....
- Aqueous solubility, Henry's law constants and air/water partition coefficients of n-octane and two halogenated octanesS Sarraute
Laboratoire de Thermodynamique des Solutions et des Polymeres, UMR 6003, CNRS Univ Blaise Pascal, 24, avenue des Landais, 63177 Aubiere Cedex, France
Chemosphere 57:1543-51. 2004..A thorough thermodynamic analysis of converting measured data to air/water partition coefficients is presented...
- Reverse micellar extraction systems for the purification of pharmaceutical grade plasmid DNANadine Streitner
Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University, PO 100 131, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biotechnol 131:188-96. 2007..The capability of reverse micellar systems for plasmid form separation was also shown by capillary and agarose gel electrophoresis...
- Distinguishing octane grades in gasoline using terahertz metamaterialsJ Li
State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
Appl Opt 51:3258-62. 2012..This paper reveals that such metamaterial arrays, as highly sensitive chemical sensors, have promising potential in petroleum industrial applications...
- [The lipase/lipoxygenase bienzyme system in AOT reversed micelles in octane]I M Pavlenko
Moscow State University, Chemical Faculty, Vorob evy Gory, GSP 3 Moscow, 119899 Russia
Bioorg Khim 28:50-5. 2002..The lipase/lipoxygenase bienzyme system can be used as a new method of spectrophotometric determination of lipase activity. The English version of the paper...
- Catalytic activity of lignin peroxidase and partition of veratryl alcohol in AOT/isooctane/toluene/water reverse micellesWenjuan Zhang
Key Lab for Colloid and Interface Chemistry of the Education Ministry of China, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 70:315-20. 2006..The differences mentioned above should be ascribed to the microheterogeneity and the interface of the AOT reverse micelle...
- Further structure-activity relationship studies on 8-substituted-3-[2-(diarylmethoxyethylidenyl)]-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane derivatives at monoamine transportersSHAINE A CARARAS
Department of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, LA 70148, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 19:7551-8. 2011..Similarly, the 8-chlorobenzyl derivative 22g (DAT K(i) of 3.9 nM) was found to be highly selective for the DAT over the NET (NET/DAT: 1358)...
- Neutral homoaromaticity in some heterocyclic systemsPeter K Freeman
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
J Org Chem 70:1998-2001. 2005....
- Contribution to linearly programmed temperature gas chromatography. Further application of the Van den Dool-Kratz equation, and a new utilization of the Sadtler retention index libraryJosé M Santiuste
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, CSIC, Department of Structure and Molecular Dynamics, C Serrano 119, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1181:103-15. 2008..Based on an earlier "equivalent" temperature concept and on Tekler's proviso, a novel way for the utilization of Sadtler's retention index database, which takes advantage of the 3 data supplied by the library, is proposed...
- Vortex-assisted liquid-liquid microextraction coupled with derivatization for the fluorometric determination of aliphatic aminesWei Yao Chang
Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, College of Nuclear Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 1248:41-7. 2012..4 and 40 nM. The proposed method has been applied to the determination of aliphatic amines in acidophilus milk, beer, and Cu(II)/amino acid solution...
- Catalytic dehydroaromatization of n-alkanes by pincer-ligated iridium complexesRitu Ahuja
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Nat Chem 3:167-71. 2011..In the case of n-decane and n-dodecane, the resulting alkylarenes are exclusively unbranched (that is, n-alkyl-substituted), with selectivity for the corresponding o-(n-alkyl)toluene...
- Stability and comparative analysis of AOT/water/isooctane reverse micelle system using dynamic light scattering and molecular dynamicsV R Vasquez
Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Phys Chem B 115:2979-87. 2011..These type of salts are common for reverse micellar synthesis processes. We find that zirconyl chloride affects significantly the size distributions...
- Switchable pickering emulsions stabilized by silica nanoparticles hydrophobized in situ with a switchable surfactantJianzhong Jiang
The Key Laboratory of Food Colloids and Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, School of Chemical and Material Engineering, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Road, Wuxi, Jiangsu 214122 P R China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 52:12373-6. 2013..Switchable oil-in-water Pickering emulsions that entail a CO2 /N2 trigger were obtained by using negatively charged silica nanoparticles and a trace amount of the switchable surfactant as the stabilizer. ..
- Comparison of microemulsion electrokinetic chromatography with high-performance liquid chromatography for fingerprint analysis of resina draconisYuhua Cao
School of Chemical and Material Engineering, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, 214122, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:1003-10. 2008..So, MEEKC was more suitable for development of the fingerprint of resina draconis...
- An unusual Michael-induced skeletal rearrangement of a bicyclo[3.3.1]nonane framework of phloroglucinols to a novel bioactive bicyclo[3.3.0]octaneVeroniki P Vidali
Synthesis and Bioorganic Chemistry, NCSR Demokritos, 153 10 Ag Paraskevi, Athens, Greece, Chemical Laboratories, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, 118 55, Athens, Greece, Crystal Engineering, Growth and Design Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Crete, P O Box 2208, GR 71003 Heraklion, Crete, Greece, EPOS Iasis, R and D, 5 Karyatidon Street, 2028, Nicosia, Cyprus, and University of Cyprus, 75 Kallipoleos Avenue, 1678 Nicosia, Cyprus
Org Lett 15:5404-7. 2013..A mechanistic study was examined in detail, proposing a number of cascade transformations. Also, reactivity of the Δ(7,10)-double bond was examined under several conditions to explain the above results. ..
- Insertions of silylenes into vinyl epoxides: diastereoselective synthesis of functionalized, optically active trans-dioxasilacyclooctenesMichel Prévost
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 2025, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:14182-3. 2009..Diastereoselective additions to these alkenes allow efficient transfer of planar chirality to chirality at stereogenic carbon atoms...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of a novel 3-sulfonyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane class of long chain fatty acid elongase 6 (ELOVL6) inhibitorsTsuyoshi Nagase
Tsukuba Research Institute, Merck Research Laboratories, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2611, Japan
J Med Chem 52:4111-4. 2009..2.1]octane class of ELOVL6 inhibitor 1a. Optimization of lead 1a led to the identification of the potent, selective, and orally available ELOVL6 inhibitor 1w...
- AFM-based nanotribological and electrical characterization of ultrathin wear-resistant ionic liquid filmsBharat Bhushan
Nanotribology Laboratory for Information Storage and MEMS NEMS NLIM, The Ohio State University, 201 W 19th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 317:275-87. 2008..e., partially bonded) were better able to protect the Si substrate from wear compared to the fully bonded coatings, and this enhanced protection is attributed to lubricant replenishment...
- Protective group-free syntheses of (±)-frontalin, (±)-endo-brevicomin, (±)-exo-brevicomin, and (±)-3,4-dehydro-exo-brevicomin: racemic pheromones with a 6,8-dioxabicyclo[3.2.1]octane ringKenji Mori
Photosensitive Materials Research Center, Toyo Gosei Co, Ltd, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 75:976-81. 2011....
- Oxidative dearomatization/intramolecular Diels-Alder cycloaddition cascade for the syntheses of (±)-atisine and (±)-isoazitineXiao yu Liu
Department of Chemistry of Medicinal Natural Products, Sichuan University, No 17, Duan 3, Renmin Nan Road, Chengdu, 610041
Org Biomol Chem 10:1411-7. 2012..The first total synthesis of another atisine-type C(20)-diterpenoid alkaloid, (±)-isoazitine, has also been achieved employing the same strategy...
- Stereodivergence in amine-catalyzed regioselective [4 + 2] cycloadditions of β-substituted cyclic enones and polyconjugated malononitrilesXin Feng
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery System of the Ministry of Education, West China School of Pharmacy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Am Chem Soc 134:19942-7. 2012..2.2]octanes or analogous architectures with moderate to excellent diastereo- and enantioselectivity by the catalysis of ..
- TADH, the thermostable alcohol dehydrogenase from Thermus sp. ATN1: a versatile new biocatalyst for organic synthesisVolker Höllrigl
Laboratory of Chemical Biotechnology, Department of Biochemical and Chemical Engineering, TU Dortmund, Emil Figge Strasse 66, 44227, Dortmund, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:263-73. 2008..When applying cofactor regeneration at high pH, however, the ratio of acid to alcohol could be changed, and full conversion to the carboxylic acid was achieved...
- REACTIVITY AND SELECTIVITY OF REACTIONS IN POLAR MEDIAPAUL GRIECO; Fiscal Year: 2002..2.1]heptanes and oxabicyclo [3.2.1]octanes i highly polar media...
- Discovery of Novel Pharmacotherapies: Cocaine DependencePETER MELTZER; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will focus on three classes: 8-oxabicyclo[3,2,1]octanes (oxatropanes), 8-azabicyclo[3,2,1]octanes (tropanes) and pyrovalerone analogues...
- INTERESTING BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..The selective synthesis of contiguous stereotriads will advance basic methodology for asymmetric conjugate additions. ..
- CHEMICAL SYNTHESIS OF NOVEL NATURAL PRODUCTSDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..Daphnicyclidin A. This recent discovery has revealed a new molecular architecture which exhibits significant antitumor activity. Our research will investigate strategies for chemical synthesis of these complex polycyclic systems. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTITUMOR AGENTS AND RELATED CHEMISTRYSteven Burke; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. To further develop a powerful synthesis of 6,8-dioxabicyclo(3.2.1)octanes by intermolecular acetalization/intramolecular diene metathesis, for application to sialic acid syntheses (KDN, N-..
- NATURAL PRODUCT SYNTHESIS THROUGH TEMPLATE DIRECTED C-HDUNCAN WARDROP; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Expeditious Synthesis of Complexity and DiversitySteven Burke; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Synthesis through N-Acylnitrenium Ion CyclizationDUNCAN WARDROP; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Strategies for Efficient Routes to Bioactive SubstancesSteven Burke; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed syntheses are one-third to one-half as long as comparative benchmarks for these targets, illustrating the effectiveness of this developing strategy for dramatically affecting synthetic efficiency. ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF INSULIN-LIKE VANADIUM COMPOUNDSDEBBIE CRANS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will lead to an in-depth understanding of both the chemical and pharmacological properties of known and new vanadium compounds inducing insulin-like action. ..