Genomes and Genes
Summary: A mobile, very volatile, highly flammable liquid used as an inhalation anesthetic and as a solvent for waxes, fats, oils, perfumes, alkaloids, and gums. It is mildly irritating to skin and mucous membranes.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Ethyl ether fraction of Gastrodia elata Blume protects amyloid beta peptide-induced cell deathHyeon Ju Kim
Department of Food Science and Technology, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, South Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 84:95-8. 2003..The fractionation of GEB was carried out in various solvents. The hydroxyl radical scavenging effect of the ethyl ether fraction was more potent than any other fractions...
- The acute asymmetric effects of hemiovariectomy on testosterone secretion vary along the estrous cycle. The participation of the cholinergic systemAngelica Flores
Biology of Reproduction Research Unit, FES Zaragoza, UNAM, Mexico
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:11. 2006..The results presented herein support the hypothesis of asymmetry in the ovaries' abilities to secrete steroid hormones, and that the capacity to secrete testosterone varies along the estrous cycle...
- The participation of the cholinergic system in regulating progesterone secretion through the ovarian-adrenal crosstalk varies along the estrous cycleAngelica Flores
Biology of Reproduction Research Unit, FES Zaragoza, UNAM, Mexico
Endocrine 28:145-51. 2005....
- [Effect of chloroform and ether narcosis on the activity of basic carboxypeptidases in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in rats]A N Vernigora
Penza State Pedagogical University, Russia
Ukr Biokhim Zh 74:124-5. 2002..It is supposed that at research neuropeptides and their metabolism enzymes and especially the answer to a stress chloroform narcosis would be the better anaesthesia method than ether narcosis...
- Direct enantiomeric resolutions of chiral triazole pesticides by high-performance liquid chromatographyPeng Wang
Department of Applied Chemistry, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 62:219-30. 2005..62, 1.66, 2.46, 1.68 and 1.98, respectively. Low temperature was better for the resolutions. Validation of the methods included linearity and precision...
- Major histocompatibility complex in the rat and blood pressure regulationJ Kunes
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Am J Hypertens 9:675-80. 1996..Moreover, our data indicated that BP can be influenced by interaction of individual regions of the RT1 complex on the genetic background of Lewis strain...
- Perinatal maternal food restriction induces alterations in hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis activity and in plasma corticosterone-binding globulin capacity of weaning rat pupsMarion Leonhardt
Laboratoire de Neuroendocrinologie du Developpement, UPRES EA2701, Universite de Lille 1, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Neuroendocrinology 75:45-54. 2002....
- [Injection anesthesia administered in the mid-anesthesia period after ether induction in laboratory rats]P Scheer
Ustav fyziologie, Fakulta veterinárního lékarství, Veterinární a farmaceutická univerzita, Brno
Cesk Fysiol 52:172-8. 2003..interval. The presented combination of anaesthetic was used for the soft tissue surgery (laparotomy, thoracotomy, and cannulation of large vessels--a. carotis, v. jugularis), both in experiments and clinical praxis...
- Elevated corticosterone and inhibition of ACTH responses to CRH and ether in the neonatal rat: effect of hypoxia from birthHershel Raff
Endocrinology and Diabetes, St Luke s Physician s Office Bldg, 2801 W KK River Pkwy, Suite 245, Milwaukee, WI 53215, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R1224-30. 2003..The neural and biochemical mechanism of this effect has yet to be elucidated...
- Endocrine stress response in jugular-vein cannulated rats upon multiple exposure to either diethyl-ether, halothane/O2/N2O or sham anaesthesiaM de Haan
Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Weesp, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 36:105-14. 2002..This study indicates that repeated anaesthesia in rats can elicit an increased stress response during subsequent handling and change of environment...
- Endothelin receptor blockers protect against ischemia/reperfusion impairment of gastrointestinal motility in ratsH Ługowska-Umer
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University of Gdansk, Debowa 23, 80 204 Gdansk, Poland
Pharmacol Res 57:413-8. 2008..The serum ET(1-21) level was increased at 2h but not 24h of reperfusion compared to SO animals and ET(1-21) was higher in tezosentan pretreated rats...
- Effects of proadrenomedullin N-terminal 20 peptide on the rat pituitary-adrenocortical axis under basal and stressful conditionsLudwik K Malendowicz
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 18:285-7. 2006..The conclusion is drawn that PAMP i) stimulates rat HPA axis, through a mechanism similar to that of ether stress; and ii) interferes with the neural pathways involved in the cold stress-induced activation of HPA axis...
- Induction of Fos-like immunoreactivity in the basal ganglia by ether anaesthesia: effects of injections of muscimol in rostral versus caudal substantia nigra pars reticulataS A S Shehab
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Exp Brain Res 142:227-40. 2002..The implications of these results for microinjection mapping studies of the SN are discussed...
- Salutary effects of tachykinin receptor antagonists in a rat model of postoperative ileusR Ciechanownicz
Department of Internal Medicine and Toxicology, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
J Surg Res 133:197-202. 2006....
- Extracts of Valeriana officinalis L. s.l. show anxiolytic and antidepressant effects but neither sedative nor myorelaxant propertiesMiguel Hattesohl
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Domagkstr 12, 48149 Munster, Germany
Phytomedicine 15:2-15. 2008....
- Maternal anesthesia via isoflurane or ether differentially affects pre-and postnatal behavior in rat offspringApril E Ronca
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Neurobiology and Anatomy, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Dev Psychobiol 49:675-84. 2007..Our results provide evidence that the particular inhalant anesthetic employed in prenatal manipulation studies determines frequencies of perinatal behavior...
- Distribution of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1- and 2-activated neurons in the rat periaqueductal gray matter after noxious stimulationMagda Gioia
Department of Human Morphology, Laboratori Interdisciplinari Tecnologie Avanzante L I T A Segrate, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 284:460-5. 2005..These findings suggest that noxious stimulation activates ERKs in neurons involved in the different functional activities related to nociception, overlapping in the PAG columns, and strengthens the role of PAG in integration...
- Adjuvant effect of melatonin on anesthesia induced by thiopental sodium, ketamine, and ether in ratsS Budhiraja
Department of Pharmacology, Pt B D Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 27:697-9. 2005..Melatonin failed to alter anesthetic effects of ether (2 mg/kg by open method) in rats. This study suggests that melatonin modulate mechanisms involved in induction of thiopental sodium and ketamine anesthesia...
- The effects of inhalation anaesthetics on common clinical pathology parameters in laboratory ratsK Deckardt
BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Experimental Toxicology and Ecology, Z 470, D 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 45:1709-18. 2007..E-ChE inhibition correlated with decreased blood pH, suggesting that this was caused by acidosis. This is of practical relevance in the risk assessment of cholinesterase inhibitors...
- The effect of anesthesia by diethyl ether or isoflurane on activity of cytochrome P450 2E1 and P450 reductases in rat liverAndrea Y A Plate
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, 1334 Eckles Ave, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Anesth Analg 101:1063-4, table of contents. 2005..No significant differences in enzyme activities were found among the groups. These results indicate that diethyl ether and isoflurane can be used to kill rats without inducing P450 enzymes...
- Simplification of rat intubation on inclined metal plateSigrid Kastl
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nurenberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Adv Physiol Educ 28:29-32. 2004..This inexpensive technique is quickly learned and can be used in any laboratory. Safe and reliable airway management can thus be achieved, permitting in vivo examinations and operations...
- Evidence for TREK-like tandem-pore domain channels in intrapulmonary chemoreceptor chemotransductionRobert Wagner Bina
Department of Biology, Northern Arizona University, Franklin and Beaver Streets, Flagstaff, AZ 86011 5640, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 156:120-31. 2007..05), abolishing IPC discharge at 3.8% inspired. The pharmacological signature of IPC discharge attenuation suggests that IPC express tandem-pore domain leak channels similar to TREK channels, which are inhibited by intracellular acidosis...
- Anaesthesia: symbol of humanitarianismStephanie J Snow
Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL
BMJ 334:s5. 2007
- The use of anaesthesia to diagnose malingering in the 19th centuryH Connor
Centre for the History of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
J R Soc Med 99:444-7. 2006
- Drosophila neuropeptide F and its receptor, NPFR1, define a signaling pathway that acutely modulates alcohol sensitivityTieqiao Wen
Department of Cellular Biology and Biomedical and Health Sciences Institute, University of Georgia, 724 Biological Sciences Building, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2141-6. 2005..Together, our results provide the molecular and neural basis for the strikingly similar alcohol-responsive behaviors between flies and mammals...
- The Robinson-Hooper connection*A MacDonald
NATO PA Secretariat, Brussels, Belgium
Anaesthesia 61:553-6. 2006....
- [New study on the history of anesthesiology--(11) three Japanese doctors who observed William TG Morton's ether anesthesia at the Gross Clinic in 1860]Akitomo Matsuki
Department of Anesthesiology, Hirosaki University, School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8563
Masui 54:202-8. 2005..The doctors might have brought new information on ether anesthesia to Japan, but they only left few traces of providing the information to medical professionals in Japan...
- John Snow, Thomas Wakley, and The LancetSir Peter Froggatt
The Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Anaesthesia 57:667-75. 2002
- Startin's pneumatic inhalerD A Walmsley
Mid Essex Hospitals Trust, Willow House, School Lane, Great Leighs, Chelmsford, Essex CM3 1NL, UK
Anaesthesia 58:668-74. 2003..Its genesis was unusual, and it presents a number of interesting features, not least being the purpose for which it was originally designed...
- The contribution of newspapers and their advertisements to the history of colonial anaesthesiaA J Newson
Department of Anaesthesia, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Anaesth Intensive Care 34:39-45. 2006..The reasons for this delay are discussed and using information available in the local Sydney and Wellington newspapers, the delay is shown to have been due to the unavailability of supplies of the necessary chemical reagents...
- Stereoselective analysis of thioridazine-2-sulfoxide and thioridazine-5-sulfoxide: an investigation of rac-thioridazine biotransformation by some endophytic fungiKeyller Bastos Borges
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirão Preto 14040 903, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:945-52. 2008..4% and 82.5%, respectively) and Aspergillus fumigatus (VR12) presented greater mono-2-sulfoxidation to the forms (S)-(SE) and (R)-(SE) (31.5% and 34.4%, respectively)...
- Structural study of polymorphs and solvates of finasterideAbdullah Othman
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
J Pharm Sci 96:1380-97. 2007..Mobility of the tert-butyl group is also implied. Thermal characteristics have been studied and TGA used (in conjunction with solution-state proton NMR) to estimate molar ratios...
- Solvation effect on conformations of 1,2:dimethoxyethane: charge-dependent nonlinear response in implicit solvent modelsAbhishek K Jha
Department of Chemistry and The James Franck Institute, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Chem Phys 128:034501. 2008..The present analysis of the modified qLD model provides the motivation and tools for studying a wide variety of other interesting systems with heterogeneous dielectric properties and spatial anisotropy...
- Solvent-dependent mixed complex formation-NMR studies and asymmetric addition reactions of lithioacetonitrile to benzaldehyde mediated by chiral lithium amidesRichard Sott
Department of Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Göteborg University, 412 96 Goteborg, Sweden
Chemistry 8:2081-7. 2002..This change in stereoselectivity between solutions in DEE and THF was found to be general among a number of different chiral lithium amides, all with an internal chelating methoxy group...
- S-pixyl analogues as photocleavable protecting groups for nucleosidesMichael P Coleman
Department of Chemistry, Loyola University Chicago, Illinois 60626, USA
J Org Chem 67:7641-8. 2002..Photodeprotection with high yields was also achieved in the absence of solvent, with no secondary photoproducts...
- Diethyl ether fraction of Labrasol having a stronger absorption enhancing effect on gentamicin than Labrasol itselfZhaopeng Hu
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Int J Pharm 234:223-35. 2002..28 +/- 5.90, 20.32 +/- 3.79 and 19.61 +/- 2.09 microg h/ml. Based on the AUC(0-6) values obtained with each fraction, the rank order of absorption enhancing effect on GM was diethyl ether > ethyl acetate=hexane > aqueous fraction...
- Comparison of four infectious bursal disease viruses isolated from different bird speciesY S Wang
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Nanjing Command, Huadong Research Institute of Medical Biotechnics, Nanjing, China
Arch Virol 152:1787-97. 2007..These findings suggested that different bird species naturally infected with IBDV could serve as carriers or reservoirs in IBDV transmission and might play a role in the emergence of variant IBDV...
- Strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors mediate the analgesic but not hypnotic effects of emulsified volatile anestheticsYan Chen
Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Anesthesiology, Xuzhou Medical College and Jiangsu Province Institute of Anesthesiology, Xuzhou, PR China
Pharmacology 80:151-7. 2007..05, p < 0.01). These results suggest that strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors may contribute to the analgesic but not to the hypnotic effects induced by ether, enflurane, isoflurane and sevoflurane...
- Tail clamp responses in stomatin knockout mice compared with mobility assays in Caenorhabditis elegans during exposure to diethyl ether, halothane, and isofluraneMargaret M Sedensky
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 507, USA
Anesthesiology 105:498-502. 2006..Because the stomatin gene is expressed in dorsal root ganglion cells, the authors hypothesized that the knockout would have an effect on anesthetic sensitivity in mice similar to that seen in nematodes...
- Asphyxial death by ether inhalation and plastic-bag suffocation instructed by the press and the InternetSotiris Athanaselis
J Med Internet Res 4:E18. 2002
- Blame it on the surgeonsR Shankar
Anaesthesia 57:88. 2002
- Morton's design of the early ether vaporisersP Desbarax
Museum of Anaesthesia Verantare, Alfred Coolsstraat 13, 2020 Antwerpen, Belgium
Anaesthesia 57:463-9. 2002..This article explores the known facts and speculates on the design used on that and subsequent occasions...
- Molecular genetical analysis of Drosophila ether sensitive mutantsS Gamo
Department of Life Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Japan
Toxicol Lett 100:329-37. 1998..4. We obtained their revertants to show that the P-element insertion in each gene induced the hypersensitivity to ether anesthesia. We describe here that the sodium channel and calreticulin might be targets for the ether anesthesia...
- The perils of pointing the finger: a lesson for Dr. HaygarthJ D Paull
Launceston General Hospital, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 35:32-6. 2007..Because of Pugh's standing in Launceston the cases attracted enormous public attention and support for Pugh. The outcome for Dr. Haygarth was very unpleasant and not something which he had anticipated...
- Ether Day, 1846, revisitedAndrew L Warshaw
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
Surgery 140:472-3. 2006
- Hornet flight is generated by solar energy: UV irradiation counteracts anaesthetic effectsJacob S Ishay
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
J Electron Microsc (Tokyo) 53:623-33. 2004..In this regard, the hornet gaster is an extensive region for absorbing light, which explains why its absence considerably delays the awakening from anaesthesia...
- Hans Christian Andersen's visit to James Young SimpsonT W Baillie
Hof van Cambridge 29, 7007 GN Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Scott Med J 49:112-3. 2004..On this anniversary we recall the little-known occasion on which Hans Andersen was entertained to dinner and to a demonstration of the effects of inhalation of ether at the home of James Y. Simpson...
- Who deserves the credit for discovering ether's use as a surgical anesthetic?John M Gallucci
OHSU School of Dentistry, USA
J Hist Dent 56:38-43. 2008..It can be determined that anesthesia in animals was discovered by Paracelsus back in the fifteenth century and that the first person to demonstrate ether's use as a surgical anesthetic was Dr. William Morton in 1846...
- Effects of 8-bromoguanosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate on phenylephrine-induced phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis and contraction in rat caudal arteryS A Lum Min
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 116:1697-703. 1995..Similarly, removal of extracellular Ca2+ (2 mM ethylene glycol-bis(beta-amino-ethyl ether) N, N, N', N'-tetraacetic acid (EGTA)) blocked phenylephrine-induced PI hydrolysis, but did not affect basal ..
- Biotin reagents for antibody pretargeting. 7. Investigation of chemically inert biotinidase blocking functionalities for synthetic utilityD Scott Wilbur
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Bioconjug Chem 17:1514-22. 2006..Due to the high cost of serine-O-ethyl ether (and its N-Boc derivative) and difficulty in syntheses of its biotin derivatives, that adduct is not an ..
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites in patients presenting at the environmental-food and medicine analysis laboratory of Sivas municipality during the years 1993-2006]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Yozgat Devlet Hastanesi, Mikrobiyoloji Laboratuvari, Yozgat, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 32:59-64. 2008..A total of 732 stool specimens were examined for intestinal parasites using native-Lugol and formol ethyl ether methods. Also, 186 cellophane tape preparations were examined directly...
- Effect of Aquilegia vulgaris (L.) ethyl ether extract on liver antioxidant defense system in ratsMałgorzata Ewertowska
Department of Toxicology, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 22:115-23. 2009The ethyl ether extract from Aquilegia vulgaris (L.) (Ranunculaceae) contains a lot of phenolic acids...
- Adsorption kinetics of amphiphilic diblock copolymers: from kinetically frozen colloids to macrosurfactantsO Theodoly
Complex Fluids Laboratory, CNRS FRE 3084, France
Langmuir 25:781-93. 2009..The hydrophobic blocks polystyrene, PS, poly(n-butyl acrylate), PBA, and poly(diethylene glycol ethyl ether acrylate), PDEGA, have interfacial tensions with water gammacore/solvent, respectively, of 32, 20, and 3 mN/m...
- Studies on the use of Yucca schidigera to control giardiosisT A McAllister
Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, P O Box 3000, Lethbridge, Alta, Canada T1J 4B1
Vet Parasitol 97:85-99. 2001..b>Ethyl ether extract exhibited no anti-giardial activity...
- Enzymatic dehydrogenative polymerization of urushiols in fresh exudates from the lacquer tree, Rhus vernicifera DCSayoko Harigaya
Department of Applied Chemistry, Meiji University, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 55:2201-8. 2007..alkenyl)phenyl-3-[8'Z,10'E,12'E-pentadecatrienyl]catechol (5), 2-hydroxyl-3- or -6-alkenylphenyl ethyl ether (6), 14'-(3' ',4' '-dihydroxy-2' '-alkenyl)phenyl-3-[8'Z,10'E,12'E-pentadeca-trienyl]catechol (7), 15'-(2' '-..
- Carnein, a serine protease from noxious plant weed Ipomoea carnea (morning glory)Ashok Kumar Patel
Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
J Agric Food Chem 55:5809-18. 2007..acid, N-ethyl maleimide, ethylene glycol-bis(alpha-amino ethyl ether)tetraacetic acid, ethylenediamminetetraacetic acid, and o-phenonthroline indicates that carnein belongs to the ..
- Formation of zinc-chlorophyll-derivative complexes in thermally processed green pears (Pyrus communis L.)T Ngo
Dept of Food Science and Technology, 100 Wiegand Hall, Oregon State Univ, Corvallis, OR 97331 6602, USA
J Food Sci 72:C397-404. 2007..from the pears were freeze-dried and ground into powders in liquid nitrogen for pigment extraction using ethyl ether. The visual absorption of the extracts was measured using a spectrophotometer along with identification and ..
- LC-MS determination and pharmacokinetic study of six phenolic components in rat plasma after taking traditional Chinese medicinal-preparation: Guanxinning lyophilized powder for injectionXiaorui Guo
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 873:51-8. 2008..by protein precipitation with the addition of methanol followed by liquid-liquid extraction with ethyl acetate-ethyl ether (3:1, v/v) after internal standard (IS, galic acid) spiked...
- CE-electrochemiluminescence with ionic liquid for the facile separation and determination of diester-diterpenoid aconitum alkaloids in traditional Chinese herbal medicineYi Bao
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, P R China
Electrophoresis 32:1515-21. 2011..Moreover, two extraction processes (ethanol extraction and ethyl ether extraction after basification) were investigated...
- Simultaneous determination of procaine, lidocaine, ropivacaine, tetracaine and bupivacaine in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatographyWei Wei Qin
Clinical Pharmacy Laboratory, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, 12 Wu Lu Mu Qi M Rd, Shanghai 200040, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:1185-9. 2010..Liquid-liquid extraction with ethyl ether was used for plasma sample preparation...
- Occupational exposure to glycol ethers and human congenital malformationsGeorge Maldonado
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, Mayo Mail Code 807, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0392, USA
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 76:405-23. 2003..This commentary reviews toxicological information and critically evaluates epidemiological information on the relationship between glycol ethers and congenital malformations...
- [Phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway involved in regulation of hypoxia inducible factor 1alpha in hypoxia ischemia brain damage of neonatal rats]Lihua Li
Department of Pediatrics, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1102-7. 2008....
- Isolation of an Entamoeba histolytica intracellular alkaline phospholipase A2J Vargas-Villarreal
Departamento de Reconocimiento Molecular y Bioestructura, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, N L Mexico
Parasitol Res 84:310-4. 1998..P30 was fractionated with ethyl ether and the insoluble fraction was extracted with 1 M KCl. The KCl-soluble material was diluted ten times with 0...
- Purification and characterization of a hyperthermostable and high maltogenic alpha-amylase of an extreme thermophile Geobacillus thermoleovoransJ L Uma Maheswar Rao
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi, 110 021, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 142:179-93. 2007..The enzyme activity was not affected by Ca2+ and ethylene glycol-bis (beta-amino ethyl ether)-N,N,N,N-tetra acetic acid...
- Catalytic highly enantioselective alkylation of aldehydes with deactivated grignard reagents and synthesis of bioactive intermediate secondary arylpropanolsYi Liu
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, People s Republic of China
J Org Chem 75:6869-78. 2010..Furthermore, important intermediate secondary arylpropanols for chiral drug synthesis were effectively synthesized with high enantioselectivity, up to 97%, in one step...
- Chiral micellar electrokinetic chromatography-atmospheric pressure photoionization of benzoin derivatives using mixed molecular micellesJun He
Department of Chemistry, Center of Biotechnology and Drug Design, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Electrophoresis 32:1164-75. 2011..CMEKC and on-line APPI-MS detection of four photoinitiators, hydrobenzoin, BNZ, benzoin methyl ether, benzoin ethyl ether, were achieved using an optimized molar ratio of mixed molecular micelle of two polymeric chiral surfactants (..
- A comparison of skin delivery of ferulic acid and its derivatives: evaluation of their efficacy and safetyLi Wen Zhang
Pharmaceutics Laboratory, Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Pharm 399:44-51. 2010..The skin delivery from pH 6 and 9.9 buffers was the highest for ferulic acid ethyl ether (FAEE), followed by coniferyl aldehyde (CD), coniferyl alcohol (CA), FA, and 3-hydroxy-4-methoxycinnamic acid (..
- Roles of purines in synaptic modulation evoked by hypercapnia in isolated spinal cord of neonatal rat in vitroK Otsuguro
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 156:1167-77. 2009..In this study, we examined the effects of various drugs affecting purine turnover on the responses to hypercapnia in the spinal cord...
- Cell adhesion and the actin cytoskeleton of the enveloping layer in the zebrafish embryo during epibolyS E Zalik
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 77:527-42. 1999..W. Keller and J.P. Trinkaus. 1987. Dev. Biol. 120: 12-24) that the EVL cells are not passively mobilized on the expanding YSL but actively participate in epiboly...
- Determination of benzoyl peroxide and benzoic acid levels by HPLC during wheat flour bleaching processA I Saiz
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Republica Argentina
J Agric Food Chem 49:98-102. 2001..wheat flour were treated with 150 ppm of benzoyl peroxide to begin a bleaching process, and then subjected to ethyl ether extraction at different intervals of time...
- The distribution of sevoflurane in a sevoflurane induced deathDavid L Burrows
Section of Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
J Forensic Sci 49:394-7. 2004The distribution of sevoflurane (fluoromethyl 2,2,2,-trifluoro-1-(trifluoromethyl) ethyl ether) in blood, urine, liver, kidney, vitreous humor, and tracheal aspirate is presented from a subject with a sevoflurane induced death...
- Enantioselective determination of arotinolol in human plasma by HPLC using teicoplanin chiral stationary phaseHassan Y Aboul-Enein
Pharmaceutical Analysis Laboratory, Biological and Medical Research Department MBC 03, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, PO Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Biomed Chromatogr 17:453-7. 2003..The assay involved the use of liquid-liquid extraction procedure with ethyl ether under alkaline condition for human plasma sample prior to HPLC analysis...
- Evolution of chemical and sensory properties during aging of top-fermented beerBart Vanderhaegen
Centre for Malting and Brewing Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 51:6782-90. 2003..A very high increase was found for furfural, 2-furanmethanol, and especially the furanic ether, 2-furfuryl ethyl ether (FEE). For FEE a flavor threshold in beer of 6 mug/L was determined...
- Thapsigargin stimulates acrosomal exocytosis in hamster spermatozoaM N Llanos
Unidad de Biología de la Reproducciíon, INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Mol Reprod Dev 51:84-91. 1998..previously capacitated for 4 hr and was dependent on external Ca2+ since ethyleneglycol-bis-(b-amino-ethyl ether) N,N'-tetra-acetic acid added 1 min before TG completely inhibited AR stimulation...
- A sensitive LC-MS/MS method for determination of levamisole in human plasma: application to pharmacokinetic studyLiping Tong
Department of Pharmacy, Xijing Hospital of the Fourth Military Medical University, Shaanxi, Xi an, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:299-303. 2011..The assay was based on liquid-liquid extraction of analytes from human plasma with ethyl ether. Chromatographic separation was carried on an Agilent HC-C(8) column (150 mm × 4...
- Effects of isoflurane on measurements of delayed lumininescence in Acetabularia acetabulumWen Li Chen
College of Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 20:16-9. 2005The volatile halogenated methyl ethyl ether, isoflurane, used as an anaesthetic, inhibits actin-based dynamics directly or indirectly in animal cells. In plant cells, most intracellular movements are related to actin pathways...
- Validation of a method for the determination of (R)-warfarin and (S)-warfarin in human plasma using LC with UV detectionP R Ring
Department of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Covance Laboratories, Inc, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 22:573-81. 2000..standard (oxybenzone) were extracted from human plasma that had been made acidic with 1 N sulfuric acid into ethyl ether. The ethyl ether layer was removed and evaporated, and the residue was reconstituted in 200 microl of ..
- Antimicrobial anthraquinones from Morinda angustifoliaWei Xiang
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Mengla, Yunnan 666303, PR China
Fitoterapia 79:501-4. 2008..known analogues, lucidin 3-O-beta-primeveroside (2), 1,3-dihydroxy-2-methylanthraquinone (3), lucidin- omega -ethyl ether (4), lucidin-omega-butyl ether (5) and damnacanthol (6)...
- The study of some polyphenolic compounds from Melissa officinalis L. (Lamiaceae)Daniela Hanganu
Department of Pharmacognosis, School of Pharmacy, I Haţieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj Napoca
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 112:525-9. 2008..We proposed the analyses of polyphenolic coumpounds from the Melissa officinalis L. (Lamiaceae) leaves obtained from Medicinal Plant Collection of USAMV Cluj-Napoca...
- Phenolic constituents from the rhizomes of Gastrodia elataXiao Dong Yang
Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry for Natural Resource, Yunnan University, Ministry of Education, School of Chemical Science and Teleology, Yunnan University, Kunming, People s Republic of China
Nat Prod Res 21:180-6. 2007..4), 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde (5), parishin B (6), 4-hydroxybenzyl methyl ether (7), 4-hydroxybenzyl ethyl ether (8), and 4-(4'-hydroxybenzyl)phenol (9). Compounds 1 and 4, named as parishin D and E, were new...
- Furfuryl ethyl ether: important aging flavor and a new marker for the storage conditions of beerBart Vanderhaegen
Centre for Malting and Brewing Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 52:1661-8. 2004Recently, it was reported that furfuryl ethyl ether is an important flavor compound indicative of beer storage and aging conditions...
- Development and validation of a sensitive and robust LC-tandem MS method for the analysis of warfarin enantiomers in human plasmaW Naidong
Department of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Covance Laboratories, Inc, 3301 Kinsman Boulevard, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:219-26. 2001..Liquid-liquid extraction using ethyl ether was used to extract the analytes from the plasma...
- Performance of tiloronoxim and tilorone determination in human blood by HPLC-MS/MS: method validation, uncertainty assessment and its application to a pharmacokinetic studyXianhua Zhang
Department of Pharmacy, Peking University Third Hospital, 49 North Garden Rd, Beijing 100191, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:492-6. 2010..An aliquot of 200 microl human blood was extracted with a mixture of chloroform/ethyl ether (1/2, v/v), using metoprolol as the internal standard (the IS)...
- An oxidant- and solvent-stable protease produced by Bacillus cereus SV1: application in the deproteinization of shrimp wastes and as a laundry detergent additiveLaila Manni
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et de Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale d Ingenieurs de Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 160:2308-21. 2010..observed even after 60 days of incubation at 30 degrees C in the presence of 50% (v/v) dimethyl sulfoxide and ethyl ether; the enzyme retained more than 70% of its original activity in the presence of ethanol and N,N-..
- Influence of the brewing process on furfuryl ethyl ether formation during beer agingBart Vanderhaegen
Centre for Malting and Brewing Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 52:6755-64. 2004In beer, the development of a solvent-like stale flavor is associated with the formation of furfuryl ethyl ether. The synthesis rate of this important flavor compound is proportional to the concentration of furfuryl alcohol in beer...
- Quantification of 4-aminopyridine in plasma by capillary electrophoresis with electrokinetic injectionSalvador Namur
Fundación Liomont A C Privada Jesús del Monte 77, Cuajimalpa, 05000, Mexico D F, Mexico
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:290-4. 2010..The analytes were extracted from 0.5-mL aliquots of human plasma by liquid-liquid extraction, using 8 mL of ethyl ether, and injected electrokinetically into capillary electrophoresis equipment...
- Chemical conversion of corticosteroids to 3 alpha,5 alpha-tetrahydro derivatives. Synthesis of allotetrahydrocortisol glucuronides and allotetrahydrocortisone glucuronidesH Hosoda
Pharmaceutical Institute, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 38:1949-52. 1990..was prepared by selective hydrogenation of 21-acetoxy-3, 11 beta, 17 alpha-trihydroxy-3,5-pregnadien-20-one 3-ethyl ether (3), followed by acid hydrolysis and saponification...
- Inhibitory activity of plant extracts on nitric oxide synthesis in LPS-activated macrophagesJae Ha Ryu
College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Phytother Res 17:485-9. 2003..Inhibitory activity of NO production was concentrated to nonpolar solvent fractions (ethyl ether and/or ethyl acetate soluble fractions) of Artemisia iwayomogi, Machilus thunbergii and Morus bombycis...
- Enantioselective determination of doxazosin in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry using ovomucoid chiral stationary phaseKe Liu
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 501 Haike Road, Shanghai 201203, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:2415-20. 2010..The enantiomers of doxazosin were extracted from plasma using ethyl ether/dichloromethane (3/2, v/v) under alkaline conditions...
- Hepatoprotective and antibacterial effects of extracts from Trichilia emetica Vahl. (Meliaceae)M P Germano
Pharmaco Biological Department, School of Pharmacy, University of Messina, Vill SS Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 96:227-32. 2005..An ethyl ether fraction from the aqueous extract was also prepared and studied...
- Determination of triazolam and alpha-hydroxytriazolam in guinea pig hair after a single doseQiran Sun
Department of Forensic Science, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Anal Toxicol 34:89-94. 2010..were used as internal standards, and liquid-liquid extraction was performed with 3 mL of ethyl ether. The sample was separated on an Allure propyl PFP column with a mobile phase of acetonitrile/20 mM ammonium ..
- New sensitive determination method of benzidine-hemoglobin adducts by gas chromatography-electron impact mass spectrometryHo Sang Shin
Department of Environmental Education, RRC NMR, Kongju National University, 314 701, Kongju, South Korea
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 783:125-32. 2003..Adducts were released from hemoglobin by alkaline hydrolysis and extraction at pH 8 with ethyl ether. The dried extract was completely derivatized with N-methyl-N-(tert...
- Quantitation of the tacrine analogue octahydroaminoacridine in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryJiangbin Han
Research Center for Drug Metabolism, College of Life Science, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:171-4. 2009..preparation involved pH adjustment with sodium carbonate followed by solvent extraction with dichloromethane:ethyl ether (40:60, v/v). Chromatographic separation was achieved on a Venusil MP-C18 column (5 microm, 100 mm x 4...
- [Detecting penehyclidine hydrochloride in rats plasma and tissues with HPLC-MS/MS]Qin Yu
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, GCP Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:153-7. 2010..To develop a method for detecting penehyclidine hydrochloride (PH) in mouse plasma and tissues using HPLC-MS/MS...
- Crystal structure of liganded and unliganded forms of bovine plasma retinol-binding proteinG Zanotti
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Padova, Italy
J Biol Chem 268:10728-38. 1993..08, b = 49.12, c = 76.10 A) and of the unliganded protein prepared in vitro by extracting retinol with ethyl ether (space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), a = 46.55, b = 48.97, c = 76.87 A) have been solved at 1.9 and 1...
- Effect of biomass pre-treatment and solvent extraction on beta-carotene and lycopene recovery from Blakeslea trispora cellsE Papaioannou
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 38:246-56. 2008..Conference of Harmonization: ethanol, methanol, acetone, 2-propanol, pentane, hexane, ethyl acetate, and ethyl ether, and HPLC analysis were used for the evaluation of their selectivities towards the three main carotenoids with ..
- [Analysis of 7-aminonitrazepam in urine by trimethylsilyl derivatization-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry]Yu Zhu
Department of Forensic Medicine, China Criminal Police College, Shenyang 110035, China
Se Pu 20:394-7. 2002..Urine samples were extracted with ethyl ether-ethyl acetate (99:1, volume ratio)...
- Protein tyrosine phosphorylation of a heparin-binding sperm membrane mitogen (HBSM) is associated with capacitation and acrosome reactionVisesato Mor
Gamete Immunology Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, W B, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:404-9. 2007..This was confirms by measuring the hydrolysis of benzoyl-l-arginine ethyl ether (BAEE) by the acrosomal enzyme; acrosin...
- Effects of fractions from biodegraded Alaska North Slope crude oil on embryonic inland silversides, Menidia beryllinaD P Middaugh
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Gulf Ecology Division, 1 Sabine Island Drive, Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 42:236-43. 2002..521 were subfractionated into saturated (eluted with hexane), aromatic (eluted with CH2Cl2), polar (eluted with ethyl ether), and recombined (saturated + aromatic + polar) fractions...
- [Determination of lovastatin and its active metabolites in human plasma with high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry]Dong Xue Liao
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:730-3. 2009..To develop a sensitive LC-MS/MS method for analyzing lovastatin and its active metabolites lovastatin acid in human plasma...
- Anti-tumor activity of Gastrodia elata Blume is closely associated with a GTP-Ras-dependent pathwayJin Chul Heo
Food and Bio Industry Research Institute, Graduate School, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
Oncol Rep 18:849-53. 2007..we carried out various in vitro anti-tumor assays, including a wound assay and an invasion assay using an ethyl ether extract of GEB...
- SELECTIVE ANESTHETIC ACTIONS ON NMDA RECEPTORSHugh Criswell; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific Aim II will compare the effects of ethyl ether, isoflurane, enflurane, halothane and chloral hydrate on whole- cell currents elicited by NMDA and correlate ..
- Sensation and behavior of fetus and newbornAPRIL ELIZABETH RONCA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SENSATION AND BEHAVIOR IN FETUS AND NEWBORNApril Ronca; Fiscal Year: 2001..Studies of early development can provide a framework for interpreting and integrating new data, and can help direct future investigations in basic science and in applied science. ..
- Desferrithiocin Analogue Actinide Decorporation AgentsRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PRACTICAL CHEMICAL SYNTHESIS OF COMPLEX ALKALOIDSLARRY OVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- New Methods for the Synthesis of Neurological AgentsLARRY OVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..oryzae at 90 nM, suggesting potential antitumor activity. Because of the scarcity of these natural products from their natural sources, little biological evaluation has been carried out. ..
- Methods for in vivo behavioral observation of the mouse fetusApril Ronca; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, the application of these methods will increase our knowledge about developmental disabilities that will allow their prevention, prenatal detection, and cure. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developmental Psychobiology SymposiaApril Ronca; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Examination of PTL-1 in mechanosensory neurons of Caenorhabditis elegansKATHLEEN SUSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PERINATAL HYPOXIA: ADRENOCORTICAL-METABOLIC ADAPTATIONSHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal and metabolic adaptations to perinatal hypoxia can lead to new diagnostic approaches and therapies to minimize morbidity and mortality. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IRON CHELATORS PREDICATED ON DESFERRITHIOCINRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GENE TRANSFER TO THE VASCULAR ENDOTHELIUMTheodore Friedmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we propose to characterize the biodistribution of these targeted vectors by sensitive fluorescence methods and correlate vector attachment with sites of endothelial-specific gene expression. ..
- ARRAY SCREENING FOR LESCH NYHAN DISEASETheodore Friedmann; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. filter and chip array screening can identify individual genes and patterns of genes whose expression is modulated by HPRT expression. ..
- SITES OF ACTION OF INHALATIONAL ANESTHETICS ON HPVJames Baumgardner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the sites of anesthetic action is of fundamental importance but may also lead to improved patient management. ..
- GENETIC ABBERATIONS IN HPRT DEFICIENCYTheodore Friedmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..We also plan to determine the biochemical and neurotransmitter effects of genetic correction of these functions by gene transfer techniques. ..
- Mechanisms of MAP2 degradation after in vitro ischemia.KATHLEEN SUSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002....