Genomes and Genes
Summary: A naturally occurring phenolic acid which is a carcinogenic inhibitor. It has also been shown to prevent paraquat-induced oxidative stress in rats. (From J Chromatogr A 1996;741(2):223-31; Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1996;60(5):765-68).
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Antioxidant activity of polyphenolics in diets. Rate constants of reactions of chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid with reactive species of oxygen and nitrogenY Kono
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1335:335-42. 1997Phenolic non-flavonoid compounds in diets, such as chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid are widely recognized to be antioxidants. However, it is not known how these phenolics scavenge reactive species of oxygen and nitrogen...
- Chlorogenic acid stimulates glucose transport in skeletal muscle via AMPK activation: a contributor to the beneficial effects of coffee on diabetesKhang Wei Ong
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 7:e32718. 2012b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) has been shown to delay intestinal glucose absorption and inhibit gluconeogenesis...
- Protective effects of chlorogenic acid against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat liver: molecular evidence of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory propertiesNari Yun
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Gyeonggi do 440 746, South Korea
J Nutr Biochem 23:1249-55. 2012..b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA), one of the most abundant polyphenols in the human diet, has been shown to exert potent anti-..
- Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activities of the natural polyphenol chlorogenic acidMichel David dos Santos
University of Sao Paulo, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2236-40. 2006..b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is one of the most abundant polyphenol compounds in human diet...
- In vitro and in vivo antioxidant properties of chlorogenic acid and caffeic acidYuki Sato
Hokkaido University, Kita 12 jo, Nishi 6 chome, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Int J Pharm 403:136-8. 2011..Coffee beans contain a common polyphenol, chlorogenic acid. Chlorogenic acid is the ester of caffeic acid and quinic acid...
- Chlorogenic acid inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression in RAW264.7 cells through suppressing NF-kappaB and JNK/AP-1 activationJianhua Shan
Nanjing Normal University, Jiangsu, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 9:1042-8. 2009b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is a naturally occurring phenolic acid in human diet. Data obtained from in vivo and in vitro experiments demonstrate that CGA mostly presents anti-oxidant and anti-carcinogenic activities...
- Neuroprotective effects of chlorogenic acid on scopolamine-induced amnesia via anti-acetylcholinesterase and anti-oxidative activities in miceSeung Hwan Kwon
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 649:210-7. 2010b>Chlorogenic acid is a major polyphenolic component of many plants and beverages, and is particularly abundant in coffee...
- Chlorogenic acid exhibits anti-obesity property and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced-obese miceAe Sim Cho
Department of Nutrition Education, Graduate School of Education, Sunchon National University, Suncheon 540 742, Republic of Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 48:937-43. 2010This study investigated the efficacy of chlorogenic acid on altering body fat in high-fat diet (37% calories from fat) induced-obese mice compared to caffeic acid. Caffeic acid or chlorogenic acid was supplemented with high-fat diet at 0...
- Antioxidant and DNA-protective activities of chlorogenic acid isomersJian guo Xu
College of Engineering, Shanxi Normal University, Linfen City, 041004, China
J Agric Food Chem 60:11625-30. 2012b>Chlorogenic acid is a well-known antioxidant and has more isomers according to the difference in binding location and number of caffeic on quinic acid...
- On-line HPLC-DPPH screening method for evaluation of radical scavenging phenols extracted from apples (Malus domestica L.)Donata Bandoniene
Institute of Food Chemistry and Technology, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 50:2482-7. 2002..Comparison of the UV and DPPH radical quenching chromatograms with authentic compounds identified catechin, chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, epicatechin, and phloridzin in the apple cultivars (Lobo, Golden Delicious, and Boskoop), and ..
- Anti-hepatitis B virus activity of chlorogenic acid, quinic acid and caffeic acid in vivo and in vitroGui Feng Wang
Laboratory of Immunopharmacology, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, People s Republic of China
Antiviral Res 83:186-90. 2009b>Chlorogenic acid and its related compounds are abundant plant polyphenols that have a diverse antiviral activity. In this study, HepG2.2...
- Chlorogenic acid reduces liver inflammation and fibrosis through inhibition of toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathwayHaitao Shi
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, No 157 Xiwu Road, Xi an, Shaanxi 710004, China
Toxicology 303:107-14. 2013b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is a type of polyphenol with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant activities. Our previous studies showed CGA could efficiently inhibit carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4))-induced liver fibrosis in rats...
- The blood pressure-lowering effect and safety of chlorogenic acid from green coffee bean extract in essential hypertensionTakuya Watanabe
Health Care Products Laboratories, Kao Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 28:439-49. 2006..There was no difference in body mass index and pulse rate between groups, nor were there any apparent side effects. Thus, CGA from GCE is effective in decreasing blood pressure and safe for patients with mild hypertension...
- Combined treatment of tetrahydrocurcumin and chlorogenic acid exerts potential antihyperglycemic effect on streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic ratsKrishnamoorthy Karthikesan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Gen Physiol Biophys 29:23-30. 2010We have shown that separate dose of tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) at a dose of 80 mg/kg body weight (b.w.) and chlorogenic acid (CGA) at a dose of 5 mg/kg b.w. exerts antidiabetic potential in streptozotocin (STZ) (45 mg/kg b.w...
- Identification of chlorogenic acid as a resistance factor for thrips in chrysanthemumKirsten A Leiss
Research Group Plant Ecology, Institute of Biology, Leiden University, 2311 GP Leiden, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 150:1567-75. 2009..Thrips-resistant chrysanthemums contained higher amounts of the phenylpropanoids chlorogenic acid and feruloyl quinic acid...
- Inhibition of activator protein-1, NF-kappaB, and MAPKs and induction of phase 2 detoxifying enzyme activity by chlorogenic acidRentian Feng
Pathology and Physiology Research Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Biol Chem 280:27888-95. 2005b>Chlorogenic acid, the ester of caffeic acid with quinic acid, is one of the most abundant polyphenols in the human diet. The antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties of chlorogenic acid have been established in animal studies...
- Anti-human immunodeficiency virus activity of 3,4,5-tricaffeoylquinic acid in cultured cells of lettuce leavesHirotoshi Tamura
Department of Biochemistry and Food Science, Kagawa University, Miki cho, Japan
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:396-400. 2006..The intact plant produced chicoric acid (dicaffeoyl tartaric acid: L-CCA) as well as chlorogenic acid (3-caffeoylquinic acid: 3-CQA) as the major metabolites...
- [Study on allergenicity of chlorogenic acid in Qingkailing injection]Zhiguo Wang
Experimental Research Center, China Academy of Chinese Medical Scinces, Beijing 100700, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:1870-3. 2011To observe the allergenicity of chlorogenic acid (CA) in Qingkailing injection.
- Protective effects of chlorogenic acid on acute hepatotoxicity induced by lipopolysaccharide in miceYuexin Xu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Molecular and Medical Biotechnology, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Inflamm Res 59:871-7. 2010To investigate the potential protective effects of chlorogenic acid (CGA) on acute liver injury caused by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in mice.
- Efficient topical delivery of chlorogenic acid by an oil-in-water microemulsion to protect skin against UV-induced damageShuji Kitagawa
Kobe Pharmaceutical University, 4 19 1 Motoyamakita machi, Higashinada ku, Kobe, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 59:793-6. 2011We examined the intradermal delivery of a hydrophilic polyphenol chlorogenic acid by in vitro study using excised guinea pig dorsal skin and Yucatan micropig skin...
- Chlorogenic acid protects mice against lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injuryXu Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, PR China
Injury 41:746-52. 2010b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is one of the most abundant polyphenol compounds in human diet. Our previous in vitro study demonstrates that CGA presents anti-inflammatory activities in RAW 264.7 cells...
- Chlorogenic acid attenuates adhesion molecules upregulation in IL-1beta-treated endothelial cellsWeng Cheng Chang
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan
Eur J Nutr 49:267-75. 2010..b>Chlorogenic acid is a phenolic compound present in coffee, apples, pears, berries, almonds, artichokes, and aubergines...
- Mast cell degranulation induced by chlorogenic acidFang hua Huang
National Drug Screening Center, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 31:849-54. 2010To investigate the mechanism of chlorogenic acid (CA)-induced anaphylactoid reactions.
- Effect of roasting on the formation of chlorogenic acid lactones in coffeeAdriana Farah
Vanderbilt Institute for Coffee Studies, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Agric Food Chem 53:1505-13. 2005..When roasting coffee, some of these are transformed into chlorogenic acid lactones (CGL). We have studied the formation of CGL during the roasting of coffee beans in Coffea arabica cv...
- A chlorogenic acid-induced increase in GLP-1 production may mediate the impact of heavy coffee consumption on diabetes riskMark F McCarty
NutriGuard Research, 1051 Hermes Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Med Hypotheses 64:848-53. 2005..production of the incretin hormone glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), possibly owing to an inhibitory effect of chlorogenic acid (CGA -- the chief polyphenol in coffee) on glucose absorption...
- Chlorogenic acid exhibits cholesterol lowering and fatty liver attenuating properties by up-regulating the gene expression of PPAR-α in hypercholesterolemic rats induced with a high-cholesterol dietChun Wai Wan
Food Safety and Technology Research Centre, Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Phytother Res 27:545-51. 2013..In the present study, the hypocholesterolemic and hepatoprotective effects of the dietary consumption of chlorogenic acid were investigated by monitoring plasma lipid profile (total cholesterol, triglycerides, high-density ..
- Chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid are absorbed in humansM R Olthof
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands margreet
J Nutr 131:66-71. 2001b>Chlorogenic acid, an ester of caffeic acid and quinic acid, is a major phenolic compound in coffee; daily intake in coffee drinkers is 0.5-1 g...
- Acute effects of chlorogenic acid on nitric oxide status, endothelial function, and blood pressure in healthy volunteers: a randomized trialAidilla Mubarak
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 60:9130-6. 2012..Our aim was to investigate the acute effects of chlorogenic acid, an important dietary phenolic acid present in coffee (400 mg, equivalent to 2 cups of coffee), on nitric ..
- Anti-diabetic and anti-lipidemic effects of chlorogenic acid are mediated by ampk activationKhang Wei Ong
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Biochem Pharmacol 85:1341-51. 2013b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) has been shown to stimulate glucose uptake in skeletal muscle through the activation of AMPK...
- Antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of chlorogenic acidZaixiang Lou
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan Univ, Wuxi 214122, PR China
J Food Sci 76:M398-403. 2011In this study, the antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of chlorogenic acid against bacteria were assessed...
- Chlorogenic acid and rutin play a major role in the in vivo anti-diabetic activity of Morus alba leaf extract on type II diabetic ratsAttila Hunyadi
Institute of Pharmacognosy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e50619. 2012..activity of an extract of mulberry leaves (MA), and to examine to what extent three major constituents, chlorogenic acid, rutin and isoquercitrin, might contribute to the observed activity...
- Genetic mapping of a caffeoyl-coenzyme A 3-O-methyltransferase gene in coffee trees. Impact on chlorogenic acid contentC Campa
IRD, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Theor Appl Genet 107:751-6. 2003..Dewevrei and Coffea pseudozanguebariae. Offspring of this backcross were also evaluated for the chlorogenic acid content in their green beans. A 10% decrease was observed in backcross progenies that possess one C...
- Insulin receptor exon 11+/- is expressed in Zucker (fa/fa) rats, and chlorogenic acid modifies their plasma insulin and liver protein and DNADelcy V Rodriguez de Sotillo
Department of Chemistry, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 56001, USA
J Nutr Biochem 17:63-71. 2006In vivo studies confirmed that chlorogenic acid (CGA) improved glucose tolerance and mineral pool distribution in obese Zucker (fa/fa) rats. We found a significant decrease (P<...
- Chlorogenic acid suppresses pulmonary eosinophilia, IgE production, and Th2-type cytokine production in an ovalbumin-induced allergic asthma: activation of STAT-6 and JNK is inhibited by chlorogenic acidHye Rin Kim
Department of Biology, Changwon National University, 9, Sarim dong, Changwon, Kyungnam 641 773, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 10:1242-8. 2010..b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA), an ester of caffeic acid with quinic acid, is one of the most abundant polyphenol compounds in various ..
- Antihyperlipidemic effect of chlorogenic acid and tetrahydrocurcumin in rats subjected to diabetogenic agentsK Karthikesan
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 188:643-50. 2010..The present study was carried out to evaluate the effects of tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) and chlorogenic acid (CGA) alone and in combination on alterations in lipids, lipoproteins and enzymes involved in lipid ..
- Espresso coffees, caffeine and chlorogenic acid intake: potential health implicationsThomas W M Crozier
School of Medicine, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK
Food Funct 3:30-3. 2012..New data are needed to provide informative labelling, with attention to bean variety, preparation, and barista methods...
- Alterations of carbohydrate and lipid intermediary metabolism during inhibition of glucose-6-phosphatase in ratsA W Herling
Hoechst Marion Roussel Deutschland GmbH, H 821 Pharmacology, 65926, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 386:75-82. 1999..5-b]pyridin-1-yl-3-phenyl-acryloyloxy)-cyclohexanecarboxylic acid), a derivative of chlorogenic acid, specifically inhibits the glucose-6-phosphate translocating component T1 of the glucose-6-phosphatase system...
- The anti-angiogenic effect of chlorogenic acid on choroidal neovascularizationCinoo Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Incheon Medical Center, Incheon, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 24:163-8. 2010To evaluate the inhibitory effect of chlorogenic acid on laser-induced choroidal neovascularization (CNV) in a rat model.
- Antimicrobial activity of Tunisian quince (Cydonia oblonga Miller) pulp and peel polyphenolic extractsSami Fattouch
Biological Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Tunis 1080, Tunisia
J Agric Food Chem 55:963-9. 2007..b>Chlorogenic acid (5-O-caffeoylquinic acid) was the most abundant phenolic compound in the pulp (37%), whereas rutin (quercetin ..
- Simultaneous quantification of seven bioactive components in Caulis Lonicerae Japonicae by high performance liquid chromatographyZheng Ming Qian
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines, Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 21:649-54. 2007This study presents a new HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of seven major components, namely chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, loganin, sweroside, secoxyloganin, rutin and luteolin 7-O-glucoside in Caulis Lonicerae Japonicae, ..
- Chlorogenic acid, a polyphenolic compound, treats mice with septic arthritis caused by Candida albicansJue Hee Lee
Department of ImmunoMicrobiology, College of Pharmacy Dongduk Women s University, 23 1 Wolgok Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 714, Republic of Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1681-5. 2008..In this present study, we determined the effect of chlorogenic acid (CRA), a polyphenolic compound, on septic arthritis caused by Candida albicans, a major etiological agent ..
- Application of preparative high-speed counter-current chromatography for separation of chlorogenic acid from Flos LoniceraeHai tao Lu
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, China
J Chromatogr A 1026:185-90. 2004b>Chlorogenic acid, an ester formed between caffeic acid and quinic acid, is a major phenolic compound in the traditional Chinese medicinal herb Flos Lonicerae...
- Modulating effects of chlorogenic acid on lipids and glucose metabolism and expression of hepatic peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha in golden hamsters fed on high fat dietShu Yuan Li
Division of Nutrition and Biochemistry, Institute of Sports Medicine, Third Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Biomed Environ Sci 22:122-9. 2009To examine the effects of chlorogenic acid (CGA) on lipid and glucose metabolism under a high dietary fat burden and to explore the possible role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) in these effects.
- Application of ultrasonic technique for extracting chlorogenic acid from Eucommia ulmodies Oliv. (E. ulmodies)Hui Li
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biological Sensing and Chemometrics, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, PR China
Ultrason Sonochem 12:295-300. 2005An ultrasonic method for the extraction of chlorogenic acid from fresh leaves of Eucommia ulmodies Oliv. was investigated and optimized...
- Acute effects of decaffeinated coffee and the major coffee components chlorogenic acid and trigonelline on glucose toleranceAimee E van Dijk
Department of Health Sciences, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 32:1023-5. 2009Coffee consumption has been associated with lower risk of type 2 diabetes. We evaluated the acute effects of decaffeinated coffee and the major coffee components chlorogenic acid and trigonelline on glucose tolerance.
- Engineering plants with increased levels of the antioxidant chlorogenic acidRicarda Niggeweg
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK
Nat Biotechnol 22:746-54. 2004..Phenolics are the most widespread dietary antioxidants, and among these, chlorogenic acid (CGA) accumulates to high levels in some crop plants...
- Isolation and functional characterization of a cDNA coding a hydroxycinnamoyltransferase involved in phenylpropanoid biosynthesis in Cynara cardunculus LCinzia Comino
Di Va P R A Plant Genetics and Breeding, University of Torino 10095, Grugliasco Turin, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 7:14. 2007..phenolics are the di-caffeoylquinic acids (such as cynarin), which are largely restricted to Cynara species, along with their precursor, chlorogenic acid (CGA). The scope of this study is to better understand CGA synthesis in this plant.
- Chlorogenic acid, quercetin-3-rutinoside and black tea phenols are extensively metabolized in humansMargreet R Olthof
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:1806-14. 2003..The aim of this study was to identify and quantify the phenolic acid metabolites of chlorogenic acid (major phenol in coffee), quercetin-3-rutinoside (major flavonol in tea) and black tea phenols in humans, and ..
- Novel hydroxycinnamoyl-coenzyme A quinate transferase genes from artichoke are involved in the synthesis of chlorogenic acidGabriella Sonnante
Institute of Plant Genetics, National Research Council, 70126 Bari, Italy
Plant Physiol 153:1224-38. 2010..extracts have high antioxidant capacity, due primarily to flavonoids and phenolic acids, particularly chlorogenic acid (5-caffeoylquinic acid [CGA]), dicaffeoylquinic acids, and caffeic acid, which are abundant in flower bracts ..
- Inhibition of DNA methylation by caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid, two common catechol-containing coffee polyphenolsWon Jun Lee
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:269-77. 2006We studied the modulating effects of caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid (two common coffee polyphenols) on the in vitro methylation of synthetic DNA substrates and also on the methylation status of the promoter region of a representative ..
- Molecular mechanisms of (-)-epicatechin and chlorogenic acid on the regulation of the apoptotic and survival/proliferation pathways in a human hepatoma cell lineAna Belén Granado-Serrano
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Jose Antonio Novais 10, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 55:2020-7. 2007..This work was aimed at studying the effect of (-)-epicatechin (EC) and chlorogenic acid (CGA) on the regulation of apoptotic and survival/proliferation pathways in a human hepatoma cell line (HepG2)..
- Identification and antioxidant activity of novel chlorogenic acid derivatives from bamboo (Phyllostachys edulis)M H Kweon
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, 5-1 ka Anam-dong, Sungbuk-ku, Seoul 136-701, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 49:4646-55. 2001..fractionation of the extract led to the isolation and characterization of three structural isomeric chlorogenic acid derivatives: 3-O-(3'-methylcaffeoyl)quinic acid (1), 5-O-caffeoyl-4-methylquinic acid (2), and 3-O-caffeoyl-1-..
- The polyphenol chlorogenic acid inhibits staphylococcal exotoxin-induced inflammatory cytokines and chemokinesTeresa Krakauer
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 5011, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 24:113-9. 2002Proinflammatory cytokines mediate the toxic effect of staphylococcal exotoxins (SE). Chlorogenic acid, a plant polyphenol, inhibited SE-induced T-cell proliferation (by 98%) and production of interleukin 1beta, tumor necrosis factor, ..
- Synergistic effect of phytochemicals in combination with hypoglycemic drugs on glucose uptake in myotubesPranav Kumar Prabhakar
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600 036, India
Phytomedicine 16:1119-26. 2009The present study analyses the effect of two plant phenolic compounds, namely chlorogenic acid and ferulic acid, and a plant alkaloid, berberine, alone and also in combination with two commercial oral hypoglycemic drugs (OHD), namely ..
- Chlorogenic acids from green coffee extract are highly bioavailable in humansAdriana Farah
Departamento de Bioquimica, Laboratorio de Bioquimica Nutricional e de Alimentos, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Ilha do Fundao, RJ, Brazil
J Nutr 138:2309-15. 2008..5 +/- 10.6% urinary recovery of the ingested cinnamic and quinic acid moiteties. This study shows that the major CGA compounds present in green coffee are highly absorbed and metabolized in humans...
- Hierarchical scheme for LC-MSn identification of chlorogenic acidsMichael N Clifford
Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, School of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 51:2900-11. 2003..The hierarchical key permitted specific structures to be assigned to each of the six isomers. These assignments are internally consistent and consistent with the limited data previously available...
- Metabolic pathways in tropical dicotyledonous albuminous seeds: Coffea arabica as a case studyThierry Joet
IRD, UMR DIA PC, Pole de protection des plantes, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
New Phytol 182:146-62. 2009..traits of the coffee endosperm, such as its unusual fatty acid composition, remarkable accumulation of chlorogenic acid and cell wall polysaccharides...
- Effect of chlorogenic acid on LPS-induced proinflammatory signaling in hepatic stellate cellsHaitao Shi
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliate Hospital of Xi an Jiao Tong University, No 157 Xiwu Road, Xi an 710004, Shaanxi, China
Inflamm Res 62:581-7. 2013This study was aimed at investigating the effect of chlorogenic acid (CGA) on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced proinflammatory signaling in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs).
- Chlorogenic acid against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosis in ratsHongyang Shi
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliate Hospital of Xian Jiao Tong University, Xian 710004, China
Eur J Pharmacol 623:119-24. 2009This study examined the effects of chlorogenic acid (CGA) on liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) and explored the possible mechanisms of action...
- Effect of chlorogenic acid on antioxidant activity of Flos Lonicerae extractsLan Wu
Department of Horticulture, Beijing Vocational College of Agriculture, Beijing 102442, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 8:673-9. 2007..b>Chlorogenic acid, a major component of Flos Lonicerae, is identified and further purified from 70% ethanolic extract with high ..
- Roasted coffees high in lipophilic antioxidants and chlorogenic acid lactones are more neuroprotective than green coffeesYi Fang Chu
Kraft Foods Research and Nutrition, 801 Waukegan Road, Glenview, Illinois 60025, USA
J Agric Food Chem 57:9801-8. 2009..Analysis of coffee phenolic compounds revealed that roasted coffees contained high levels of chlorogenic acid lactones (CGLs); a significant correlation between CGLs and neuroprotective efficacy was observed (R(2) = 0...
- The isolation and mapping of a novel hydroxycinnamoyltransferase in the globe artichoke chlorogenic acid pathwayCinzia Comino
DiVaPRA Plant Genetics and Breeding, University of Torino, Grugliasco Torino, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 9:30. 2009..have significant pharmaceutical properties, which mainly result from their high content of polyphenolic compounds such as monocaffeoylquinic and dicaffeoylquinic acid (DCQ), and a range of flavonoid compounds...
- Comparative and combined effect of chlorogenic acid and tetrahydrocurcumin on antioxidant disparities in chemical induced experimental diabetesLeelavinothan Pari
Faculty of Science, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, 608 002 Tamilnadu, India
Mol Cell Biochem 341:109-17. 2010The present study evaluates the combined effect of tetrahydrocurcumin and chlorogenic acid on oxidative stress in streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetic rats. Rats were rendered diabetic by a single intraperitoneal injection (i...
- Coffee polyphenol caffeic acid but not chlorogenic acid increases 5'AMP-activated protein kinase and insulin-independent glucose transport in rat skeletal muscleSatoshi Tsuda
Laboratory of Sports and Exercise Medicine, Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Nutr Biochem 23:1403-9. 2012b>Chlorogenic acid is an ester of caffeic and quinic acids, and is one of the most widely consumed polyphenols because it is abundant in foods, especially coffee...
- Coffees rich in chlorogenic acid or N-methylpyridinium induce chemopreventive phase II-enzymes via the Nrf2/ARE pathway in vitro and in vivoUte Boettler
University of Vienna, Department of Food Chemistry and Toxicology, Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:798-802. 2011..Activation of the Nrf2/antioxidant-response element pathway was monitored in vitro and in vivo...
- Selenium increases chlorogenic acid, chlorophyll and carotenoids of Lycium chinense leavesJing Z Dong
Key Laboratory of Biologic Resources Protection and Utilization of Hubei Province, School of Biological Science and Technology, Hubei University for Nationalities, Enshi, 445000, China
J Sci Food Agric 93:310-5. 2013..Selenium has been reported to increase some components of plants. In this study, the composition of polyphenols of L. chinense leaves were analysed, and the effects of selenium on the polyphenols and other components were studied...
- Development of free radical products during the greening reaction of caffeic acid esters (or chlorogenic acid) and a primary amino compoundM Namiki
Department of Fermentation Science, Faculty of Applied Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:2131-6. 2001..A formation mechanism of the green pigment and related products involving these free radical products is proposed...
- Chlorogenic acid and maize ear rot resistance: a dynamic study investigating Fusarium graminearum development, deoxynivalenol production, and phenolic acid accumulationVessela Atanasova-Penichon
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Villenave D Ornon, France
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:1605-16. 2012..We found that chlorogenic acid is more abundant in the moderately resistant variety, with levels spiking in the earliest kernel stages ..
- Transepithelial transport of chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, and their colonic metabolites in intestinal caco-2 cell monolayersYutaka Konishi
Applied Bioresearch Center, Research and Development Department, Kirin Brewery Company, Ltd, 3 Miyaharacho, Takasaki shi, Gunma 370 1295, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 52:2518-26. 2004..Thus, the absorption efficiency of caffeic acid was greater than that of chlorogenic acid. Polarized transport of caffeic acid was inhibited by substrates of MCT such as benzoic and acetic acids...
- Chlorogenic acid UVA–UVB photostabilityDiogo P Rivelli
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analyses, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Brasil
Photochem Photobiol 86:1005-7. 2010b>Chlorogenic acid is a natural potent antioxidant. It can be used in cosmetics formulations, but for this purpose its photochemical stability should be determined to ensure that the compound will not be degraded after UV radiation exposure...
- Inhibitory effects of chlorogenic acid on aldose reductase activity in vitro and cataractogenesis in galactose-fed ratsChan Sik Kim
Diabetic Complications Research Center, Division of Traditional Korean Medicine Integrated Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:847-52. 2011b>Chlorogenic acid (5-O-caffeoylquinic acid, CA), a phenolic compound found ubiquitously in plants, has antidiabetic effect in diabetic animal models. In this study, we investigated the inhibitory effect of CA on diabetic cataractogenesis...
- Chlorogenic acid ameliorates brain damage and edema by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinase-2 and 9 in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaKyungjin Lee
College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 689:89-95. 2012b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA) has been reported to have various beneficial effects on the cardiovascular and central nervous systems...
- Cloning and characterization of a cDNA coding a hydroxycinnamoyl-CoA quinate hydroxycinnamoyl transferase involved in chlorogenic acid biosynthesis in Lonicera japonicaXiaoxiao Peng
Department of Biopharmaceutics, School of Chinese Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Planta Med 76:1921-6. 2010..japonica has potent and significant effects is that it contains various active components, especially chlorogenic acid (CGA)...
- Absorption and metabolism of caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid in the small intestine of ratsSophie Lafay
Unite de Nutrition Humaine, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Clermont Ferrand Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Br J Nutr 96:39-46. 2006The absorption and metabolism in the small intestine of chlorogenic acid (5-O-caffeoylquinic acid), the main phenolic acid in the human diet, and of caffeic acid were studied in rats in order to determine whether chlorogenic acid is ..
- The antioxidant and chlorogenic acid profiles of whole coffee fruits are influenced by the extraction proceduresW Mullen
College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 59:3754-62. 2011..Antioxidant activity in whole coffee fruit extracts was up to 25-fold higher than in powders dependent upon the radical. Total antioxidant activity of samples displayed strong correlation to CGA content...
- Effect of chlorogenic acid on mast cell-dependent anaphylactic reactionHui Di Qin
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, 44 Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, 250012, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 10:1135-41. 2010b>Chlorogenic acid (CGA), a naturally occurring polyphenol compound, has a number of biological activities. However, roles of CGA in the mast cell-dependent anaphylactic reaction have not been fully examined...
- Novel electrochemical sensor for the selective recognition of chlorogenic acidWilney de Jesus Rodrigues Santos
Institute of Chemistry, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Anal Chim Acta 695:44-50. 2011..a novel sensitive molecularly imprinted electrochemical sensor was constructed for the selective detection of chlorogenic acid (CGA) by deposition of a molecularly imprinted siloxane (MIS) film, prepared by sol-gel process, onto Au bare ..
- Effects of chlorogenic acid, an active compound activating calcineurin, purified from Flos Lonicerae on macrophageHe zhen Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:1685-9. 2004To investigate the activation of chlorogenic acid (CHA) purified from Flos Lonicerae to calcineurin and its effects on macrophage functions in vivo and in vitro.
- [Does coffee protect against type 2 diabetes?]D Legrand
Service de Diabetologie, Nutrition et Maladies Metaboliques, Département de Médecine et Unité de Pharmacologie clinique, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 62:554-9. 2007..attributed exclusively to caffeine, but rather that it should be explained by other components, most probably chlorogenic acid and/or various anti-oxidants...
- Investigation of the inclusion behavior of chlorogenic acid with hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrinJianbin Chao
Research Institute of Applied Chemistry, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 50:277-82. 2012The inclusion complexation behavior of chlorogenic acid (CGA) with the hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HP-β-CD) was investigated in both solution and the solid state by UV-vis and fluorescence spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy (IR), NMR ..
- Light-induced root hair formation in lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. cv. Grand Rapids) roots at low pH is brought by chlorogenic acid synthesis and sugarMegumi Narukawa
Department of Applied Biological Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba, 278 8510, Japan
J Plant Res 123:789-99. 2010Previously, we reported that chlorogenic acid (CGA) facilitated root hair formation at pH 4.0 in lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. cv. Grand Rapids). Light was essential for this process...
- Synthesis of chlorogenic acid derivatives with promising antifungal activityChao Mei Ma
School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 15:6830-3. 2007Derivatives of chlorogenic acid or its analogues were synthesized by coupling protected chlorogenic acid or its analogues with p-octyloxyaniline and selected amino acids...
- Genotype, location, and year influence antioxidant activity, carotenoid content, phenolic content, and composition in specialty potatoesLavanya Reddivari
Department of Horticultural Sciences, 2133 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2133, USA
J Agric Food Chem 55:8073-9. 2007..Phenolic composition differed significantly among genotypes and between locations. The AOA, TP, and chlorogenic acid content were significantly correlated with one another...
- A gradient HPLC method for the quality control of chlorogenic acid, linarin and luteolin in Flos Chrysanthemi Indici suppositoryQunlin Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:753-7. 2007..high-performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) method was applied to the simultaneous determination of chlorogenic acid, linarin and luteolin in Flos Chrysanthemi Indici suppository...
- Preventive effect of chlorogenic acid on lens opacity and cytotoxicity in human lens epithelial cellsYoung Sook Kim
Diabetic Complications Research Center, Division of Traditional Korean Medicine TKM Integrated Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine KIOM, Daejeon, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:925-8. 2011The present study reveals the pharmacological effect of chlorogenic acid, a major phenolic compound in plants, food, and coffee, on diabetic cataracts...
- Chlorogenic acid protects MSCs against oxidative stress by altering FOXO family genes and activating intrinsic pathwayShiyong Li
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang City, China
Eur J Pharmacol 674:65-72. 2012b>Chlorogenic acid as an antioxidant exists widely in edible and medicinal plants, and can protect cell against apoptosis induced by oxidative stress. However, its molecular mechanisms remain largely unknown...
- Inhibitory activity of chlorogenic acid on enzymes involved in the fatty acid synthesis in animals and bacteriaBing Hui Li
Department of Biology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
IUBMB Life 58:39-46. 2006It was found that chlorogenic acid inhibited in vitro animal fatty acid synthase (FAS I) and the ss-ketoacyl-ACP reductase (FabG) from Escherichia coli in a concentration-dependent manner with respective IC50 of 94.8 and 88.1 microM...
- A high performance liquid chromatography method for the simultaneous determination of arctiin, chlorogenic acid and glycyrrhizin in a Chinese proprietary medicineXudong Yuan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:697-704. 2005..performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method was developed for the simultaneous determination of arctiin, chlorogenic acid and glycyrrhizin in the tablets of a Chinese proprietary medicine named, "Yin Qiao Jie Du Pian"...
- Coffee acutely modifies gastrointestinal hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans: glycemic effects of chlorogenic acid and caffeineKelly L Johnston
Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 78:728-33. 2003..Accumulating evidence suggests that certain dietary polyphenols have biological effects in the small intestine that alter the pattern of glucose uptake. Their effects, however, on glucose tolerance in humans are unknown...
- Evaluation of the immunosensitizing potential of chlorogenic acid using a popliteal lymph node assay in BALB/c miceZhaohua Liu
Department of Pathology, Shandong University School of Medicine, 44 Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 48:1059-65. 2010It has yet to be established whether chlorogenic acid (CGA), a common xenobiotic with potential exposure risk to humans, is associated with immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions (HRs)...
- Characterization of antioxidant activity of extracts from Flos LoniceraeWu Lan
College of Food Science and Biotechnology, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, 1038 Dagu Nanlu, Hexi District, Tianjin, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:841-7. 2007..b>Chlorogenic acid, a major component of Flos Lonicerae, is identified and further purified from 70% ethanolic extract with HPLC ..
- Chlorogenic acid bioavailability largely depends on its metabolism by the gut microflora in ratsMarie Paule Gonthier
Unité des Maladies Métaboliques et Micronutriments, INRA Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
J Nutr 133:1853-9. 2003b>Chlorogenic acid, the ester of caffeic acid with quinic acid, is one of the most abundant polyphenols in the human diet with coffee, fruits and vegetables as its major sources...
- Caffeinated coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and the phenolic phytochemical chlorogenic acid up-regulate NQO1 expression and prevent H₂O₂-induced apoptosis in primary cortical neuronsJiyoung Kim
WCU Biomodulation Major, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Neurochem Int 60:466-74. 2012..the protective effects of caffeinated coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and the phenolic phytochemical chlorogenic acid (5-O-caffeoylquinic acid), which is present in both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, against oxidative ..
- [Comprehensive research and evaluation of chlorogenic acid allergy]Xiaodong Wu
West China School of Pharmacy of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:3357-61. 2010The non-allergy of chlorogenic acid was demonstrated by the study result of allergy with different purity of chlorogenic acid and comprehensive analysis of literature.
- Effects of chlorogenic acid on neutrophil locomotion functions in response to inflammatory stimulusC B Hebeda
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analyses, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 135:261-9. 2011Species of Lychnophora are used in Brazilian folk medicine as analgesic and anti-inflammatory agents. Chlorogenic acid (CGA) and their analogues are important components of polar extracts of these species, as well in several European and ..
- Simultaneous analysis of theanine, chlorogenic acid, purine alkaloids and catechins in tea samples with the help of multi-dimension information of on-line high performance liquid chromatography/electrospray-mass spectrometryXiaolan Zhu
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Chemical Research Institute, Human Normal University, Changsha 410081, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:695-704. 2004..Theanine, chlorogenic acid, purine alkaloids and catechins were identified with authentic standard compounds and with MS-spectra...
- Oxidative damage to DNA by 1,10-phenanthroline/L: -threonine copper (II) complexes with chlorogenic acidYong Wang
College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Anhui Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu 241000, People s Republic of China
Biometals 23:265-73. 2010The oxidative DNA damage by copper (II) complexes in the presence of chlorogenic acid was explored using agarose gel electrophoresis...
- Gene overexpression and biochemical characterization of the biotechnologically relevant chlorogenic acid hydrolase from Aspergillus nigerIsabelle Benoit
UMR 1163 INRA Université de Provence de Biotechnologie des Champignons Filamenteux, IFR IBAIM, Universités de Provence et de la Méditerranée, ESIL, 163 Avenue de Luminy, Case Postale 925, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5624-32. 2007The full-length gene that encodes the chlorogenic acid hydrolase from Aspergillus niger CIRM BRFM 131 was cloned by PCR based on the genome of the strain A. niger CBS 513.88...
- Characterization of inhibitors of postprandial hyperglycemia from the leaves of Nerium indicumAkiko Ishikawa
Department of Nutritional Science, Okayama Prefectural University, Soja, Okayama 719 1197, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 53:166-73. 2007..analyses established that the chemical structures of these compounds are 3-O-caffeoylquinic acid (chlorogenic acid) and its structural isomer, 5-O-caffeoylquinic acid...
- Chemical kinetic behavior of chlorogenic acid in protecting erythrocyte and DNA against radical-induced oxidationYou Zhi Tang
Department of Organic Chemistry, College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, China
J Agric Food Chem 56:11025-9. 2008As an abundant ingredient in coffee, chlorogenic acid (CGA) is a well-known antioxidant...
- Chlorogenic acid inhibits Bcr-Abl tyrosine kinase and triggers p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent apoptosis in chronic myelogenous leukemic cellsGautam Bandyopadhyay
Division of Immunology, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4, Raja S C Mullick Rd, Kolkata, India
Blood 104:2514-22. 2004We report that chlorogenic acid (Chl) induces apoptosis of several Bcr-Abl-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) cell lines and primary cells from CML patients in vitro and destroys Bcr-Abl-positive K562 cells in vivo...
- Preventive of Bile Acid-Induced Colonic Oxidative DNA DamageClaire Margaret Payne; Fiscal Year: 2010..with the deleterious effects of DOC and include parthenolide, an NF-=B inhibitor, organic selenium compounds, chlorogenic acid and novel antioxidants that target mitochondria (e.g. MitoQ-ubiquinol)...
- Phenylpropanoid Analogs to Treat StrokePaul A Lapchak; Fiscal Year: 2012..vivo stroke models suggesting that the phenylpropanoid or polyphenol family of compounds, which includes (1) Chlorogenic acid;(2) Fisetin;and (3) Baicalein, may be useful to treat stroke...
- Antiviral/Antitumor Roles of Ganoderma Lucidum SporesRui Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Selective Induction of Estrogen Conjugative MetabolismBao Ting Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will also provide examinations of the important roles of bioactive estrogen metabolites (e.g., 4-OH-E2 and 16alpha-OH-E2) in estrogen-induced cancers. ..
- 2-METHOXYESTRADIOL & HORMONAL CANCERBao Ting Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will also provide novel mechanistic understanding for the biological actions of 2-MeO-E2. ..
- Effect of digestion on the cancer chemopreventative activity of tea catechinsMario Ferruzzi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Discovery of tea compounds which hold ultimate biological significance will enable future experimental strategies for specific tea catechin forms that positively affect cancer risk and outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dietary Polyphenols Are Consequential Epigenetic Modulators of Gene ExpressionBAOTING ZHU; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is expected that the outcomes of the proposed studies will have direct clinical utility in the near future and far-reaching human health implications. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..