Summary: A peroxide derivative that has been used topically for burns and as a dermatologic agent in the treatment of acne and poison ivy. It is used also as a bleach in the food industry.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- A combination benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin phosphate, and vehicle in the treatment of acne vulgarisE H Tschen
Academic Dermatology Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cutis 67:165-9. 2001A topical gel combining 5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin as phosphate was evaluated in a 10-week randomized double-blind trial involving 287 patients with moderate to moderately severe acne...
- Community-based trial results of combination clindamycin 1%--benzoyl peroxide 5% topical gel plus tretinoin microsphere gel 0.04% or 0.1% or adapalene gel 0.1% in the treatment of moderate to severe acneLeon Kircik
Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
Cutis 80:10-4. 2007..The addition of benzoyl peroxide (BPO) to all long-term antibiotic treatment is widely advocated to help suppress the emergence of antibiotic-..
- Combining clindamycin 1%-benzoyl peroxide 5% gel with multiple therapeutic optionsJoseph Bikowski
Department of Dermatology, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Cutis 78:13-20. 2006..on recent studies and case reports that evaluated the stability, tolerability, and efficacy of clindamycin 1%-benzoyl peroxide 5% tube gel in combination with topical retinoids and oral antibiotics...
- Solubilized benzoyl peroxide versus benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in the treatment of moderate acneEmil Tanghetti
Center for Dermatology and Laser Surgery, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:534-8. 2008b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is poorly soluble. A solubilized formulation of BPO has been developed to maximize its bioavailability and enhance follicular penetration.
- Benzoyl peroxide microsphere cream as monotherapy and combination treatment of acneJoseph Bikowski
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:590-5. 2008This office-based case series describes the use of a new formulation of benzoyl peroxide (BPO) delivered via a porous microsphere cream vehicle in patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris...
- The microsponge delivery system of benzoyl peroxide: preparation, characterization and release studiesM Jelvehgari
School of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664, Iran
Int J Pharm 308:124-32. 2006b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is commonly used in topical formulations for the treatment of acne and athletes foot...
- Antibacterial efficacy of benzoyl peroxide in phospholipid liposomes. A vehicle-controlled, comparative study in patients with papulopustular acneJ W Fluhr
Department of Dermatology, Karlsruhe Municipal Hospital Complex, Karlsruhe, Germany
Dermatology 198:273-7. 1999..Literature reports indicate that phospholipid liposomes facilitate the accumulation of active agents in the infundibulum...
- Benzoyl peroxide: enhancing antibiotic efficacy in acne managementMaha Dutil
Division of Dermatology, University of Toronto, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Skin Therapy Lett 15:5-7. 2010b>Benzoyl peroxide is one of the most widely used topical agents for acne. It has potent antibacterial and mild anti-inflammatory and comedolytic effects...
- Comparison of a chlorhexidine and a benzoyl peroxide shampoo as sole treatment in canine superficial pyodermaA Loeffler
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Rec 169:249. 2011..5 per cent benzoyl peroxide shampoo (Paxcutol; Virbac) in 22 dogs with superficial pyoderma...
- Photographic review of results from a clinical study comparing benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% topical gel with vehicle in the treatment of rosaceaJames J Leyden
Skin Study Center, Broomall, Pennsylvania, USA
Cutis 73:11-7. 2004..from a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, 12-week study that assessed the efficacy of topical benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% (BP/C) gel (BenzaClin) versus vehicle in the treatment of rosacea...
- Determination of benzoyl peroxide, as benzoic acid, in wheat flour by capillary electrophoresis compared with HPLCGuangfen Mu
Department of Applied Chemistry, Yantai University, Yantai, PR China
J Sci Food Agric 92:960-4. 2012In recent years, debate on the addition of benzoyl peroxide (BP) to wheat flour has increased in China...
- A randomized, parallel, vehicle-controlled comparison of two erythromycin/benzoyl peroxide preparations for acne vulgarisDiane Thiboutot
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, USA
Clin Ther 24:773-85. 2002Topical erythromycin/benzoyl peroxide (EBP), marketed for acne treatment, must be compounded by a pharmacist and requires subsequent refrigeration, warranting the development of alternate formulations.
- Improved one-pot synthesis of styryl tetrahydrofurans and cyclohexanes by radical addition to beta-nitrostyrenes in the presence of benzoyl peroxideYeong Jiunn Jang
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan Normal University, 88, Sec 4, Tingchow Road, Taipei, 116 Taiwan, Republic of China
Chemistry 9:2123-8. 2003..of heterocycles or cyclohydrocarbons units to (E)-beta-nitrostyrenes 1 using a common radical initiator benzoyl peroxide. High reactivity and selectivity with wide substrate scope were attained by using this easy methodology...
- Factors affecting the morphology of benzoyl peroxide microspongesAli Nokhodchi
Chemistry and Drug Delivery Group, Medway School of Pharmacy, Universities of Kent and Greenwich, Central Avenue, Anson Building, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, UK
Micron 38:834-40. 2007b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is primarily used in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. However, its application is associated with skin irritation...
- Amperometric detection of benzoyl peroxide in pharmaceutical preparations using carbon paste electrodes with peroxidases naturally immobilized on coconut fibersJ V B Kozan
Departamento de Quimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biosens Bioelectron 25:1143-8. 2010..The new sensor was applied for the amperometric quantification of benzoyl peroxide in facial creams and dermatological shampoos. The amperometric measurements were performed in 0...
- Simple and fast fluorescence detection of benzoyl peroxide in wheat flour by N-methoxy rhodamine-6G spirolactam based on consecutive chemical reactionsWei Chen
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Anal Chim Acta 708:84-8. 2011b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) as a brightener is often added to wheat flour, and excessive use of this food additive is receiving increasing concern...
- Synergistic antimicrobial activity by combining an allylamine with benzoyl peroxide with expanded coverage against yeast and bacterial speciesC G Burkhart
Department of Dermatology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Br J Dermatol 154:341-4. 2006..b>Benzoyl peroxide (BP), used in concert with antimicrobial agents containing an accessible tertiary amine, has previously been ..
- Skin tolerability and efficacy of combination therapy with hydrogen peroxide stabilized cream and adapalene gel in comparison with benzoyl peroxide cream and adapalene gel in common acne. A randomized, investigator-masked, controlled trialR Capizzi
Clinica Dermatologica, Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Br J Dermatol 151:481-4. 2004Combination therapy with antiseptics such as benzoyl peroxide (BP) and topical retinoids is widely used as first-line treatment for acne vulgaris (AV). However, these combinations could have a suboptimal skin tolerability...
- Adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% as a fixed-dose combination gel is as well tolerated as the individual components alone in terms of cumulative irritancyChristian Loesche
Galderma Research and Development, 2400 Route des Colles, 06410 Biot, France
Eur J Dermatol 18:524-6. 2008International guidelines recommend the combination of retinoids (e.g. adapalene, tazarotene) and benzoyl peroxide for treating acne because of their complementary mechanisms of action. A new fixed-dose combination gel of adapalene 0...
- Treatment of 2,453 acne vulgaris patients aged 12-17 years with the fixed-dose adapalene-benzoyl peroxide combination topical gel: efficacy and safetyLawrence E Eichenfield
University of California, San Diego, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 9:1395-401. 2010..A fixed-dose combination gel of adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide 2...
- Benzoyl peroxide: a review of its current use in the treatment of acne vulgarisMatt Sagransky
Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Center for Dermatology Research, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1071, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2555-62. 2009..Topical benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is an alternative to antibiotics in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- A North American study of adapalene-benzoyl peroxide combination gel in the treatment of acneLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health Systems, Dermatology Department, 3031 W Grand Blvd, Ste 800, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cutis 84:110-6. 2009A fixed-dose combination gel with adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 2.5% recently has been developed for the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- The efficacy of adapalene-benzoyl peroxide combination increases with number of acne lesionsSteven R Feldman
Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina 22157, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 64:1085-91. 2011..The fixed-dose adapalene 0.1%-benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 2.5% combination gel is an efficacious and safe acne treatment.
- Adapalene-benzoyl peroxide once-daily, fixed-dose combination gel for the treatment of acne vulgaris: a randomized, bilateral (split-face), dose-assessment study of cutaneous tolerability in healthy participantsPhilippe Andres
Galderma Research and Development, Sophia Antipolis, France
Cutis 81:278-84. 2008..International consensus guidelines recommend the use of topical retinoids and benzoyl peroxide (BPO) for acne treatment...
- Adapalene-benzoyl peroxide, a unique fixed-dose combination topical gel for the treatment of acne vulgaris: a transatlantic, randomized, double-blind, controlled study in 1670 patientsH P M Gollnick
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 161:1180-9. 2009..A unique, topical, fixed-dose combination gel with adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 2.5% has recently been developed for the once-daily treatment of acne.
- Efficacy and safety of stabilised hydrogen peroxide cream (Crystacide) in mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris: a randomised, controlled trial versus benzoyl peroxide gelMassimo Milani
R and D Mipharm, Milan, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 19:135-8. 2003b>Benzoyl peroxide (BP) is a first-line topical treatment in acne vulgaris (AV). However, its use can cause mild skin irritation and dryness...
- Efficacy and tolerability of a fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate (1.2%) and low concentration benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) aqueous gel in moderate or severe acne subpopulationsGuy Webster
Jefferson Dermatology Service, Wilmington Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wilmington, PA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 8:736-43. 2009..Oral antibiotics are commonly prescribed for moderate or severe acne, but there may be limitations due to concerns about side effects associated with systemic treatments...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of a combination topical gel formulation of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin and vehicle gel in the treatments of acne vulgarisJ J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 2:33-9. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Meta-analysis comparing efficacy of benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid, and combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in acneElizabeth M Seidler
Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:52-62. 2010Comparative efficacy of the multiple treatments containing benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and clindamycin (CL) is not established.
- The evolution of benzoyl peroxide therapyEmil Tanghetti
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Cutis 82:5-11. 2008Since its first use in dermatology last century, benzoyl peroxide (BPO) has undergone a number of reformulations, each enhancing its efficacy, tolerability, or both...
- Community study of fixed-combination adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in acnePatricia A Troielli
Argentina Epiduo Study Group, Buenos Aires, La Plata, Cordoba, Tucuman, and Santa Fe, Argentina
Skinmed 8:17-22. 2010A new fixed-dose combination formulation of adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 2...
- The efficacy and safety of a combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide alone and a benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin combination productJ J Leyden
University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 5:37-42. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- [Acne therapy with topical benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics and azelaic acid]Wolf Ingo Worret
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Technical University of Munich, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 4:293-300. 2006b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) was introduced in the treatment of acne in 1934. Despite the fact that only few randomized trials have been published, BPO is considered the standard in topical acne treatment...
- Photocarcinogenesis and toxicity of benzoyl peroxide in hairless mice after simulated solar radiationCatharina M Lerche
Department of Dermatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Bispebjerg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Dermatol 19:381-6. 2010Topical benzoyl peroxide (BPO) gel has long been used to treat acne vulgaris and has recently been combined with clindamycin (BPO-clin)...
- Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin/UVA is more effective than fluticasone/UVA in progressive macular hypomelanosis: a randomized studyGermaine N Relyveld
Netherlands Institute for Pigment Disorders, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:836-43. 2006..There is no effective treatment for progressive macular hypomelanosis. Recent findings indicate that Propionibacterium acnes may play a role in the pathogenesis...
- Effect of benzoyl peroxide on antioxidant status, NF-kappaB activity and interleukin-1alpha gene expression in human keratinocytesG Valacchi
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
Toxicology 165:225-34. 2001b>Benzoyl peroxide (BP) is used as a topical treatment for acne. Besides its anti-bacterial activity, the exact molecular mechanisms underlying its mode of action are not fully understood...
- Adapalene-benzoyl peroxide, a fixed-dose combination for the treatment of acne vulgaris: results of a multicenter, randomized double-blind, controlled studyDiane M Thiboutot
The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:791-9. 2007A fixed-dose combination gel with adapalene 0.1% and benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 2.5% has been developed for the once-daily treatment of acne.
- 13-cis Retinoic acid ameliorates benzoyl peroxide-induced oxidative stress and hyperproliferative response in murine skin: a chemopreventive studySarwat Sultana
Section of Chemoprevention and Nutrition Toxicology, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062, India
Cancer Detect Prev 28:200-7. 2004The present paper assesses the chemopreventive potential of retinoic acid on benzoyl peroxide (BPO)-induced cutaneous tumor promotion response and oxidative stress in murine skin...
- Effect of alpha-tocopherol and N-acetylcysteine on benzoyl peroxide toxicity in human keratinocytesElisa Bellei
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 18:107-14. 2004b>Benzoyl peroxide is a free-radical generating compound widely used in the polymer industry and also in pharmaceuticals as antimicrobial agent to treat acne...
- The effect of benzoyl peroxide and benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin combination on the antioxidative defence system in papulopustular acnePinar Y Basak
Department of Dermatology, Suleyman Demirel University Faculty of Medicine, 32100 Isparta, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 12:53-7. 2002..b>Benzoyl peroxide (BP) and BP combination with erythromycin (BP/E) are effective topical medications for the treatment of mild ..
- An aqueous gel fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% for the once-daily treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris: assessment of efficacy and safety in 2813 patientsDiane Thiboutot
Department of Dermatology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:792-800. 2008We sought to evaluate efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a combination of clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% (clindamycin-BPO 2.5%) aqueous gel in moderate to severe acne vulgaris.
- Modulatory effect of gentisic acid on the augmentation of biochemical events of tumor promotion stage by benzoyl peroxide and ultraviolet radiation in Swiss albino miceSonia Sharma
Section of Chemoprevention and Nutrition Toxicology, Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062, India
Toxicol Lett 153:293-302. 2004..b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) (20 mg/0.2 ml/animal) and ultraviolet radiations (UVR) (0...
- Alpha-tocopherol amplifies benzoyl peroxide free radical decomposition in a chemical systemCristina Rota
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Free Radic Res 40:637-45. 2006b>Benzoyl peroxide is commonly used in the treatment of acne, even though some adverse effects have been reported, probably mediated by the formation of peroxide-derived free radicals and the depletion of antioxidants...
- A randomized, double-blind comparison of a clindamycin phosphate/benzoyl peroxide gel formulation and a matching clindamycin gel with respect to microbiologic activity and clinical efficacy in the topical treatment of acne vulgarisWilliam J Cunliffe
Department of Dermatology, The General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 24:1117-33. 2002..One approach to suppressing the overgrowth of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is to develop combination products composed of active constituents with complementary but distinct mechanisms of antibacterial action...
- Site-specific oxidation at GG and GGG sequences in double-stranded DNA by benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoterS Kawanishi
Department of Hygiene, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochemistry 38:16733-9. 1999b>Benzoyl peroxide (BzPO), a free-radical generator, has tumor-promoting activity...
- Benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, and their combination in the treatment of acne vulgarisCaner Korkut
Trakya University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Edirne, Turkey
J Dermatol 32:169-73. 2005b>Benzoyl peroxide and adapalene are among the most effective topical agents used in the treatment of acne...
- Effect of topical benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin versus topical clindamycin and vehicle in the reduction of Propionibacterium acnesJames J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 4283, USA
Cutis 69:475-80. 2002..The onset of action and effectiveness of 3 topical preparations (benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin phosphate 1% gel, clindamycin phosphate 1% solution, and vehicle gel) in reducing P acnes were ..
- [Management of acne in adolescents]M Faure
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Pavillon R, 5, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Arch Pediatr 14:1152-6. 2007..Acne has to be treated according to the type of acne, severity, age and sex. Acne may also be the major sign of ovarian (PCOS) or adrenal hyperandrogenism in either female teenagers or both sexes, respectively...
- Tazarotene versus tazarotene plus clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne vulgaris: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized parallel-group trialEmil Tanghetti
Department of Dermatology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:256-61. 2006..randomized, parallel-group trial has been performed to evaluate whether the adjunctive use of clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide could enhance the efficacy of tazarotene still further...
- Acne: improving skin and self-esteemJonette E Keri
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, FL, USA
Pediatr Ann 35:174-9. 2006..Obvious physical benefits will result, but psychosocial improvements also may occur...
- The clinical impact of vehicle technology using a patented formulation of benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% gel: comparative assessments of skin tolerability and evaluation of combination use with a topical retinoidJames Q Del Rosso
Department of Dermatology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, NV, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:160-4. 2006..improved formulations containing active ingredients known to produce irritation in some patients, such as benzoyl peroxide (BP) and topical retinoids...
- New developments in topical antimicrobial therapy for acneJames Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:s8-11. 2008b>Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) has been an important component of the acne treatment armamentarium for decades...
- Conjoint analysis: a novel, rigorous tool for determining patient preferences for topical antibiotic treatment for acne. A randomised controlled trialN Kellett
Strakan Ltd, Buckholm Mill, Galashiels, UK
Br J Dermatol 154:524-32. 2006..Compliance might be enhanced by considering patient preferences for acne medications. Conjoint analysis is well suited for the study of patient preferences in healthcare, but is novel to the field of dermatology...
- Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide gel (BenzaClin): a review of its use in the management of acneKate McKeage
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand, an editorial office of Wolters Kluwer Health, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 9:193-204. 2008Clindamycin 1%/benzoyl peroxide 5% (BenzaClin) is a combination gel indicated for use twice daily, or as directed by a physician, for the topical treatment of inflammatory and noninflammatory lesions of acne vulgaris...
- Practical considerations in acne treatment and the clinical impact of topical combination therapyAndrew C Krakowski
Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, California, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 25:1-14. 2008....
- [Treatment of acne]Ole Fyrand
Hudavdelingen, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:3108-9. 2005
- [Azelaic acid 15% gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Combined results of two double-blind clinical comparative studies]Harald P M Gollnick
Univ Hautklinik Magdeburg
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2:841-7. 2004..A new non-alcoholic hydrogel formulation containing 15% azelaic acid was clinically tested against two standard drugs--5% benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and 1% clindamycin.
- Clindamycin phosphate 1.2%- tretinoin 0.025% gel: vehicle characteristics, stability, and tolerabilityJames Q Del Rosso
Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Cutis 81:405-8. 2008..This article reviews important vehicle characteristics of the combination gel as well as formulation stability and tolerability data that are potentially clinically relevant...
- Therapeutic studies with a new combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical gel in acne vulgarisC N Ellis
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Cutis 67:13-20. 2001..severe acne vulgaris to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a new combination gel that stably combines 5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin...
- Pharmacotherapy of acneKlaus Degitz
Ludwig Maximilian University, Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Munich, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:955-71. 2008..Recently, it has become clear that inflammatory events are important not only in the course, but also in the initiation of the disease...
- Current options for the topical treatment of acne vulgarisJ S Weiss
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 14:480-8. 1997..Some studies indicate that several of these agents are associated with less skin irritation than previous formulations while they retain potent comedolytic activity. Adapalene also possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity...
- Management of truncal acne vulgaris: current perspectives on treatmentJames Q Del Rosso
Department of Dermatology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, USA
Cutis 77:285-9. 2006..This article discusses clinical challenges related to the management of truncal acne vulgaris, a system for rating disease severity, and recommendations regarding the use of topical and systemic therapies...
- A randomized, single-blind comparison of topical clindamycin + benzoyl peroxide (Duac) and erythromycin + zinc acetate (Zineryt) in the treatment of mild to moderate facial acne vulgarisA Langner
Department of Dermatology, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:311-9. 2007..Antibiotics are often combined with other agents to provide topical acne treatments that are effective against both inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions and minimize the development of antibiotic resistance...
- Study results of benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% topical gel, adapalene 0.1% gel, and use in combination for acne vulgarisJames Q Del Rosso
University of Nevada School of Medicine, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Las Vegas, NV, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 6:616-22. 2007..The combination of topical benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin gel has been shown to be more effective than either agent alone...
- A randomized, open-label, comparative study of oral doxycycline 100 mg vs. 5% topical benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgarisN G Mareledwane
Int J Dermatol 45:1438-9. 2006
- The impact and importance of resistanceEmil Tanghetti
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis, USA
Cutis 80:5-9. 2007..Most important is the use of combination therapy with benzoyl peroxide (BPO) to help minimize the development of resistance...
- Managing acne vulgaris effectivelyGreg Goodman
Department of Community Medicine, Monash University, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 35:705-9. 2006..Effective management of acne often requires using a combination of treatments that act on different parts of the pathogenic process of acne development...
- Cumulative irritancy comparison of topical retinoid and antimicrobial combination therapiesJonathan S Dosik
TKL Research, Inc, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Skinmed 5:219-23. 2006..Therefore, the selection of a combination regimen should include a careful consideration of the irritation potential of the individual acne medications...
- Utilizing combination therapy for ethnic skinSusan C Taylor
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Cutis 80:15-20. 2007..All subjects received combination clindamycin 1%-benzoyl peroxide (BPO) 5% topical gel containing glycerin and dimethicone...
- Combination topical therapy in the treatment of acneJames Q Del Rosso
Department of Dermatology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, USA
Cutis 78:5-12. 2006..topical retinoids (ie, adapalene, tazarotene, tretinoin), antimicrobial and antibacterial agents (ie, benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, erythromycin, sulfacetamide with or without sulfur), oral antibiotics (ie, doxycycline, ..
- A randomized, single-blind comparison of topical clindamycin + benzoyl peroxide and adapalene in the treatment of mild to moderate facial acne vulgarisA Langner
Department of Dermatology, il Koszykowa 82a, Warsaw Medical University and Zespol Naukowo Badawczy, Iwolang, Plac Karola I Jozefa 3, Iwonicz Zdroj, Poland
Br J Dermatol 158:122-9. 2008..Retinoids and associated treatments also have anti-inflammatory activity and decrease microcomedo formation. To date, few direct comparisons of these different acne treatments have been conducted...
- Emerging topical antimicrobial options for mild-to-moderate acne: a review of the clinical evidenceJames Del Rosso
Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:s2-7. 2008..Agents with antibacterial activity (eg, benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin), reduce counts of Propionibacterium acnes, while also decreasing the numbers of inflammatory ..
- Acne: topical treatmentAndrea Krautheim
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipzoger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Dermatol 22:398-407. 2004..Concomitantly and subsequently, colonization with Propionibacterium acnes increases, followed by induction of inflammatory reactions from bacteria, ductal corneocytes, and sebaceous proinflammatory agents (Fig 1).(2-5)..
- Optimizing the use of tazarotene for the treatment of facial acne vulgaris through combination therapyZoe Diana Draelos
Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Cutis 69:20-9. 2002..compare the efficacy and tolerability of tazarotene monotherapy with 3 combination regimens--tazarotene plus benzoyl peroxide gel, tazarotene plus erythromycin/benzoyl peroxide gel, and tazarotene plus clindamycin phosphate lotion...
- Topical treatment for the inflamed lesion in acne, rosacea, and pseudofolliculitis barbaeJames J Leyden
Skin Study Center, Broomall, Pennsylvania, USA
Cutis 73:4-5. 2004
- Clindoxyl gel for the treatment of acne vulgarisJ K L Tan
University of Western Ontario, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Skin Therapy Lett 7:1-2. 2002Clindoxyl Gel (Stiefel) is a combination of 1% clindamycin phosphate and 5% benzoyl peroxide in a gel vehicle that is well tolerated and more efficacious than either active agent alone or the vehicle in reducing lesion counts and ..
- Acne vulgaris: one treatment does not fit allSharon J Longshore
Department of Dermatology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:670, 672-4, 677-8 passim. 2003..Most mild-to-moderate cases can be treated with a benzoyl peroxide product, a topical or oral antibiotic, a topical retinoid, or a combination of these medications...
- A randomized, double-blind, multicenter, parallel group study to compare relative efficacies of the topical gels 3% erythromycin/5% benzoyl peroxide and 0.025% tretinoin/erythromycin 4% in the treatment of moderate acne vulgaris of the faceAditya K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 7:31-7. 2003Combination treatments for acne vulgaris, such as Benzamycin (3% erythromycin/5% benzoyl peroxide) and Stievamycin (0...
- New therapy update--A unique combination formulation in the treatment of inflammatory acneDenise S Fagundes
Stiefel International Research and Development, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cutis 72:16-9. 2003Duac Topical Gel (clindamycin 1%-benzoyl peroxide 5%) is a uniform, aqueous gel manufactured under the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations and controls, which ensure that consistent ..
- Current concepts of the pathogenesis of acne: implications for drug treatmentHarald Gollnick
University Clinic for Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Drugs 63:1579-96. 2003..Combination therapy using retinoids plus benzoyl peroxide or antibacterials can treat existing acne lesions faster than the individual agents alone and can also ..
- Management of acneDavid C Liao
Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton, Irvine, CA, USA
J Fam Pract 52:43-51. 2003..The relative effectiveness of several topical and systemic agents has been established in clinical trials, making possible an algorithm of specific treatment decisions based on acne classification...
- The BEST study: results according to prior treatmentDavid Rodriguez
Dadeland Dermatology Group, Miami, Florida, USA
Cutis 71:27-34. 2003..Recently, the BenzaClin (benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin topical gel) Efficacy and Satisfaction Trial (BEST) was conducted...
- A review of the use of combination therapies for the treatment of acne vulgarisJames J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:S200-10. 2003..Retinoids can also be used alone for long-term maintenance to prevent the reemergence of comedones and inflammatory acne lesions and to spare the use of antibiotics, thus helping to reduce the risk of bacterial resistance...
- Implications of the BEST studyJoel Shavin
Gwinnett Clinical Research Center, Sneliville, Georgia, USA
Cutis 71:35-6. 2003
- Topical acne drugs: review of clinical properties, systemic exposure, and safetyArash Akhavan
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:473-92. 2003..b>Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur, and sodium sulfacetamide are available in concentrations of 2% or more in over-the-..
- Compared efficacy and safety of tretinoin 0.1% microsphere gel alone and in combination with benzoyl peroxide 6% cleanser for the treatment of acne vulgarisAlan R Shalita
Department of Dermatology, State University of New York, Health Science Center at Brooklyn, USA
Cutis 72:167-72. 2003Our purpose was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a combination of benzoyl peroxide 6% cleanser and tretinoin 0.1% microsphere gel versus monotherapy with tretinoin 0.1% microsphere gel...
- Guidelines for the management of acne vulgaris in adolescentsVictoria Goulden
Dermatology Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Paediatr Drugs 5:301-13. 2003..Mild acne generally requires topical treatment only. Benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, and antibacterials are generally used for inflammatory lesions...
- Preliminary results of a nonrandomized, multicenter, open-label study of patient satisfaction after treatment with combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical gel for mild to moderate acneJonathan W Weiss
Gwinnett Clinical Research Center, Sneliville, Georgia, USA
Clin Ther 24:1706-17. 2002..Assessments of patient satisfaction are needed to determine treatment-related improvement in acne from the patient's perspective...
- Topical tazarotene: The BEST (balancing efficacy, speed, and tolerability) in acne trialAlan Shalita
Department of Dermatology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, USA
Cutis 74:4-8. 2004..The combination of tazarotene 0.1% cream and clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide was the best tolerated of all the treatment regimens...
- Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide gel: a review of its use in the management of acneGregory T Warner
Adis International Inc, Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 3:349-60. 2002Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide gel has demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris through both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory means...
- [Treating acne: avoid the development of antibiotic resistance by applying topical and combined therapy]D Abeck
Cutaris Zentrum, Candidplatz 11, D 81543 München
MMW Fortschr Med 145:29. 2003
- Potential role for a new combination topical therapy in treating mild to moderate acne vulgarisE Tschen
Academic Dermatology Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cutis 67:25-7. 2001..A new gel that stably combines 5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin has become available to treat mild to moderately severe inflammatory acne...
- Dermatologic signs in patients with eating disordersRenata Strumia
Unit of Dermatology, University Hospital S Anna, Ferrara, Italy
Am J Clin Dermatol 6:165-73. 2005..Acne may be treated with topical benzoyl peroxide, antibacterials or azaleic acid; these agents may be administered as monotherapy or in combinations...
- Gateways to clinical trialsM Bayes
Prous Science, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 28:451-95. 2006..certolizumab pegol, cetuximab, CG-0070, ciclesonide, cinacalcet hydrochloride, clindamycin phosphate/benzoyl peroxide, cryptophycin 52, Cypher; Dabigatran etexilate, darapladib, darbepoetin alfa, decitabine, deferasirox, ..
- Systemic antibiotic therapy of acne vulgarisFalk Ochsendorf
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Clinic of the J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 4:828-41. 2006..acnes and the severity of acne have been reported. Exact data on practical use of these compounds, such as differential efficacy or side effects are unavailable. A summary of currently available studies is presented...
- [Systemic antibiotic therapy of acne vulgaris]Falk Ochsendorf
Zentrum Dermatologie und Venerologie, , Frankfurt
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:S31-46. 2010..The data for the combination with topical treatments (topical benzoyl peroxide (BPO) or retinoids) suggest synergistic effects...
- Tretinoin gel microspheres 0.04% versus 0.1% in adolescents and adults with mild to moderate acne vulgaris: a 12-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, phase IV trialRichard Berger
Hill Top Research, Inc, Milltown, New Jersey, USA
Clin Ther 29:1086-97. 2007..Tretinoin gel microsphere (TGM) formulations were developed to minimize these effects. A lower-strength TGM formulation may be desirable to further reduce exposure to tretinoin...
- Randomized tolerability analysis of clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0.025% gel used with benzoyl peroxide wash 4% for acne vulgarisZoe Diana Draelos
Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Cutis 86:310-8. 2010..Use of a fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025% in conjunction with a benzoyl peroxide (BPO) wash 4% targets several pathologic factors simultaneously and mitigates the potential for clindamycin-..
- 5-methylcytosine attack by free radicals arising from bromotrichloromethane in a model system: structures of reaction productsG D Castro
Centro de Investigaciones Toxicológicas CEITOX CITEFA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Free Radic Biol Med 17:419-28. 1994..6) A partially silylated dihydroxythymine. When benzoyl peroxide was omitted from aerobic incubation mixtures, the compounds formed changed...
- Altered expression of transforming growth factor-beta 1 mRNA and protein in mouse skin carcinogenesisB Patamalai
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville 78957
Mol Carcinog 9:220-9. 1994..6 micrograms), benzoyl peroxide (20 mg), and cumene hydroperoxide (1...
- Adapalene 0.1%/benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel: a review of its use in the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients aged ≥ 12 yearsGillian M Keating
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Am J Clin Dermatol 12:407-20. 2011Adapalene 0.1%/benzoyl peroxide 2...
- CRITICAL CHANGES AND FACTORS IN SKIN TUMOR PROGRESSIONJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 1992..We propose to pursue the following specific aims: 1) Since benzoyl peroxide and ENU were found to be the most active agents in enhancing malignant progression, we will determine what ..
- MARKERS OF SKIN TUMOR PROGRESSIONAndres Klein Szanto; Fiscal Year: 1992..A series of experiments using benzoyl peroxide and hydrogen peroxide as third stage agents are proposed to further investigate this topic...
- Modulation of Bone's Mechanical Behavior by Bone QualityStefan Judex; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of these potential chemical targets will provide critical information for improved diagnostic, prophylactic, and therapeutic means of addressing bone quality defects in disease. ..
- Controlled Delivery System for NaltrexoneEMMANUEL AKALA; Fiscal Year: 2004....