Genomes and Genes
Summary: A contrast medium in diagnostic radiology with properties similar to those of diatrizoic acid. It is used primarily as its sodium and meglumine (IOTHALAMATE MEGLUMINE) salts.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Using serum creatinine to estimate glomerular filtration rate: accuracy in good health and in chronic kidney diseaseAndrew D Rule
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:929-37. 2004..However, healthy persons were not included in the development of the MDRD equation...
- A comparison of iothalamate-GFR and serum creatinine-based outcomes: acceleration in the rate of GFR decline in the African American Study of Kidney Disease and HypertensionJulia Lewis
Nephrology Clinical Trials Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 21st Avenue South, 215 Medical Arts Building, Nashville, TN 37232 1371, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:3175-83. 2004..This has important implications for the design of clinical trials with renal outcomes...
- Are prediction equations for glomerular filtration rate useful for the long-term monitoring of type 2 diabetic patients?Nestor Fontsere
Department of Nephrology, Hospital de Terrassa, Ctra Torrebonica s n, 08227, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2152-8. 2006....
- Performance of the Cockcroft-Gault and modification of diet in renal disease equations in estimating GFR in ill hospitalized patientsEmilio D Poggio
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:242-52. 2005..The Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) equation and Cockcroft-Gault (CG) formula are widely used to estimate renal function in sick hospitalized patients; however, neither method has been validated in this setting...
- The value of contrast-enhanced helical CT scan with rectal contrast enema in the diagnosis of acute appendicitisLena N Naffaa
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, PO Box 11 0236, Beirut, Lebanon
Clin Imaging 29:255-8. 2005....
- PET/CT with intravenous contrast can be used for PET attenuation correction in cancer patientsA K Berthelsen
Department of Clinical Physiology, Nuclear Medicine and PET, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1167-75. 2005....
- Excretory urography by intraosseous injection of contrast media in a rabbit modelP Porzio
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 42:238-43. 2001..Further, the use of diatrizoate was associated with the development of osteochondrosis while the use of iopamidol was not...
- CT voiding cystourethrography using 16-MDCT for the evaluation of female urethral diverticula: initial experienceSun Ho Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1594-6. 2005
- An alternative formula to the Cockcroft-Gault and the modification of diet in renal diseases formulas in predicting GFR in individuals with type 1 diabetesHassan Ibrahim
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1051-60. 2005..A substantial variability in the estimates, however, remained...
- Influence of iothalamate on renal medullary perfusion and oxygenation in the ratP Liss
Department of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Radiol 46:823-9. 2005..To evaluate controversial results regarding the effect of the contrast medium (CM) iothalamate on renal medullary blood flow by applying two different methods simultaneously...
- Evaluation of the nitric oxide production in rat renal artery smooth muscle cells culture exposed to radiocontrast agentsLuciane Ribeiro
Nephrology and Emergency Division, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Kidney Int 65:589-96. 2004..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the nitric oxide (NO) production in rat renal artery smooth muscle cells primary culture (rVSMC) exposed to RC...
- Nephropathy in critically Ill patients without preexisting renal diseaseSotir Polena
Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing, NY, USA
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 48:134-5. 2005..Our data demonstrates that iodine contrast media for CT in ICU patients without preexisting kidney disease can precipitate clearly measurable nephropathic changes...
- [Pancreas anulare as an incidental finding in multidetector computer tomography for symptomatic abdominal aortic aneurysm]F Floemer
Rofo 178:448-50. 2006
- Iodinated contrast induced renal vasoconstriction is due in part to the downregulation of renal cortical and medullary nitric oxide synthesisStuart I Myers
McGuire Research Institute McGuire Veterans Administration Medical Center and Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:383-91. 2006....
- Drawbacks and prognostic value of formulas estimating renal function in patients with chronic heart failure and systolic dysfunctionTom D J Smilde
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, PO Box 30001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Circulation 114:1572-80. 2006..Furthermore, we compared the prognostic value of these formulas for cardiovascular outcome with that of true GFR during 12 months of follow-up...
- Reproducibility of renal function measurements in adult men with diabetic nephropathy: research and clinical implicationsRajiv Agarwal
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Am J Nephrol 27:92-100. 2007..The goal of this study was to describe the variability in these measurements and to calculate minimum sample size estimates over varying time frames for clinical trials...
- Impact of creatinine calibration on performance of GFR estimating equations in a pooled individual patient databaseLesley A Stevens
Division of Nephrology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 50:21-35. 2007..Variation in performance of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) estimating equations is related to variation in calibration of the creatinine assay across clinical laboratories...
- High performance liquid chromatographic measurement of iothalamate in human serum and urine for evaluation of glomerular filtration rateDaoqin Bi
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20819, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 856:95-9. 2007..PAH, IOT, aPAH, and beta-hydroxyethyl-theophylline internal standard peaks appeared approximately at 2.5, 3.7, 5.9, and 11.8 min, respectively, in an isocratic run...
- Differential effects of radiocontrast agents on human umbilical vein endothelial cells: cytotoxicity and modulators of thrombogenicityC Fauser
, Abt. III, Bergheimerstr. 58, D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 6:465-72. 2001..Ioxaglate and iopamidol both increased the prothrombotic factors vWF and PAI-1 to the same degree indicating a similar risk of thrombogenicity between low-osmolal ionic and non-ionic radiocontrast agents in this in vitro model...
- Plasma exogenous creatinine clearance test in dogs: comparison with other methods and proposed limited sampling strategyA D J Watson
Veterinary Medicine, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Vet Intern Med 16:22-33. 2002..5% with 4 blood samples. These results suggest that determination of plasma creatinine clearance by a noncompartmental approach offers a reliable, inexpensive, rapid, and convenient means of estimating GFR in routine practice...
- Decline in native renal function early after bladder-drained pancreas transplantation aloneMarek J Mazur
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Transplantation 77:844-9. 2004..This study examines trends in native renal function during the first posttransplant year in PTA recipients with a spectrum of pretransplant glomerular filtration rates (GFR)...
- Contrast-enhanced US of microcirculation of superficially implanted tumors in ratsJames E Chomas
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, 1021 Academic Surge, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Radiology 229:439-46. 2003..To determine the ability of contrast material-enhanced ultrasonography (US) to assess replenishment time in a rat kidney and adenocarcinoma tumor model...
- A comparison of prediction equations for estimating glomerular filtration rate in adults without kidney diseaseJulie Lin
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:2573-80. 2003..Further studies are needed to derive and assess GFR prediction equations in people with normal or mildly impaired renal function...
- Studies on experimental iodine allergy: 2. Iodinated protein antigens and their generation from inorganic and organic iodine-containing chemicalsHiroshi Shionoya
Department of Drug Safety Research, Eisai Kawashima Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 1 Takehaya cho, Kawashima cho, Hashima gun, Gifu 501 0061, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 29:137-45. 2004..By presenting these ex vivo and in vitro data, we discuss the possibilities for the generation of iodinated protein antigens in vivo...
- Estimating absolute glomerular filtration rate in childrenJohn R Brandt
UNMSOM Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:1865-72. 2006..This equation provides clinicians with a simple bedside method to estimate absolute GFR (ml/min)...
- Glomerular filtration rate in children with solid tumors: normative values and a new method for estimationJ R Brandt
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:309-18. 2003..The accurate measurement of GFR remains vitally important in the safe and effective treatment of pediatric solid tumors. This study provides a set of normal GFR values for these children and an equation for easy estimate of absolute GFR...
- Ambulatory GFR measurement with cold iothalamate in adults with chronic kidney diseaseRajiv Agarwal
Indiana University and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:752-9. 2003....
- CT features of the accessory spleenKoenraad J Mortele
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1653-7. 2004..The purpose of this study was to describe the prevalence and CT features of the accessory spleen...
- Liquid chromatography for iothalamate in biological samplesRajiv Agarwal
Indiana University and VAMC, 1481 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 785:345-52. 2003..There was excellent thermal and pH stability of iothalamate. No interference was found with para-amino hippuric acid (PAH) or N-acetyl PAH, which can be simultaneously assayed, if desired...
- Effect of contrast media on vascular smooth muscle cellsH Takatsuki
Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma Japan
Acta Radiol 45:635-40. 2004..In order to alleviate the adverse effects of contrast media (CMs) on the vascular system, the role of Ca2+ in the viability of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) was investigated...
- Iothalamate measured by capillary electrophoresis is a suitable alternative to radiolabeled inulin in renal micropunctureGiovambattista Capasso
Chair of Nephrology, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Padiglione 17 Policlinico Nuovo, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Kidney Int 62:1068-74. 2002..The present study tested whether iothalamate can be used to measure Jv in microperfusion and free-flow micropuncture experiments...
- Functional effects of renal artery stent placement on treated and contralateral kidneysTrude C Leertouwer
Department of Radiology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 62:574-9. 2002..This study examined the effects of stent placement for renal artery stenosis on the function of treated and contralateral kidneys...
- Evaluation of renal function in transplant patients on tacrolimus therapySangeeta Agarwala
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacy and Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 42:798-805. 2002..Dosage alterations ofrenally eliminated drugs may be required for drugs with a narrow therapeutic index...
- Diuretic Doppler ultrasonography in chronic unilateral partial ureteric obstruction in dogsH Yokoyama
Department of Urology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
BJU Int 90:100-4. 2002....
- Short-term moderate sodium restriction induces relative hyperfiltration in normotensive normoalbuminuric Type I diabetes mellitusP T Luik
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 45:535-41. 2002..Sodium restriction might seem a logical form of treatment but data on its renal effects is conflicting. We therefore studied the effects of sodium restriction on renal haemodynamics in uncomplicated Type I diabetes mellitus...
- Iodide mumps after contrast media imaging: a rare adverse effect to iodineYael Gilgen-Anner
Department of ENT, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 99:93-8. 2007..Anaphylactoid and delayed cell-mediated unwanted effects are common; rare adverse reactions include iodine-related sialadenopathy, iododerma, and acneiform eruptions...
- Inadvertent intrathecal administration of ionic contrast medium to a dogFrançoise A Roux
Emergency and Critical Care Unit, Nantes School of Veterinary Medicine, Atlanpole, La Chantrerie, BP 40 706, 44 307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 48:414-7. 2007..Only nonionic contrast media can be used intrathecally. All of the hyperosmolar contrast media are ionic and therefore contraindicated for myelography...
- [Intracellular microelectrode study of the electrophysiological effects of contrast media]F Fillette
, Service de cardiologie, , Paris, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:801-7. 1988..It is suggested that the latter contrast media should be used in non-cardiovascular explorations and in patients without confirmed heart disease...
- Feasibility and impact of the measurement of extracellular fluid volume simultaneous with GFR by 125I-iothalamateFolkert W Visser
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1308-15. 2008....
- A comparison of change in measured and estimated glomerular filtration rate in patients with nondiabetic kidney diseaseDawei Xie
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1332-8. 2008..The aims of this study were to examine the concordance between use of measured GFR (mGFR) and estimated GFR (eGFR) in tracking changes in kidney function over time among patients with moderately severe chronic kidney disease...
- Renal interaction between itraconazole and cimetidineChetan S Karyekar
Renal Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory, School of Pharmacy, and the Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:919-27. 2004..Further evaluation of renal P-gp-modulating drugs such as itraconazole that may alter the renal excretion of coadministered drugs is warranted...
- Does nasal irrigation enter paranasal sinuses in chronic rhinosinusitis?Kornkiat Snidvongs
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Rhinol 22:483-6. 2008..This study was performed to (1) assess the ability of a nasal douche and spray to deliver a solution into the paranasal sinuses in chronic rhinosinusitis and (2) compare the performance of the two techniques...
- Changes in glomerular filtration rate after cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with mild preoperative renal dysfunctionB G Loef
Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 100:759-64. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate renal function in patients with pre-existing mild renal dysfunction undergoing cardiac surgery with CPB...
- [The effects of inhibition of converting enzyme by perindopril on renal hemodynamics and natriuresis in essential arterial hypertension]M Chaignon
, , Suresnes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:151-4. 1988..Perindopril produced an increase in natriuresis after the first intake and at D5; this natriuretic effect may be related to the changes in renal hemodynamics inducing a decreased sodium reabsorption in the proximal tubule...
- Fluid-modulated bipolar radiofrequency ablation: an ex-vivo evaluation studyP Bruners
Applied Medical Engineering and Department for Diagnostic Radiology, Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Acta Radiol 49:258-66. 2008..The effect of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) can be modulated by fluid injection...
- Telebrix Gastro in the management of adhesive small bowel obstructionAgnès Aulin
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:501-4. 2005..This study aimed to determine whether an abdominal radiograph 8 hours after ingesting oral Telebrix Gastro is a reliable marker for non-operative management in patients with adhesive small bowel obstruction...
- Multidetector computed tomographic angiography in isolated third nerve palsyManu R K Mathew
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:1411-5. 2008..To evaluate whether multidetector computed tomographic angiography (CTA) scanners can detect a clinically significant intracranial aneurysm in the circle of Willis causing an isolated third nerve palsy (ITNP)...
- [Paralysis following Dimer X radiculography]M Perrigot
Nouv Presse Med 5:1120-2. 1976..The cases are described and commented upon. The conclusion is that Dimer X is a substrate associated with a certain degree of toxicity. Indications for and technique in sacroradiculography should be rigorous...
- Decreased incidence of acute rejection in adolescent kidney transplant recipients using antithymocyte induction and triple immunosuppressionJason J Schwartz
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Section of Transplant Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Transplantation 84:715-21. 2007..Recent data from the North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study indicates that the rate of acute rejection remains high despite current immunosuppressive regimens...
- Experimental study of mortality and morbidity of contrast media and standardized fecal dose in the peritoneal cavityM Hernanz-Schulman
Department of Pediatric Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2675, USA
Pediatr Radiol 30:369-78. 2000..We have compared the mortality and gross and histopathologic morbidity of a standard intraperitoneal native fecal dose in the guinea pig, using barium, two iodinated media, saline and air...
- Lack of effect of P-glycoprotein inhibition on renal clearance of dicloxacillin in patients with cystic fibrosisPaul M Beringer
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:883-94. 2008..To determine whether upregulation of P-glycoprotein is responsible for the enhanced renal clearance of dicloxacillin in patients with cystic fibrosis...
- Selective injection of contrast media: inflammatory effects on rabbit fallopian tubesA S Thurmond
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Radiology 180:97-9. 1991..Essentially no inflammation was associated at any time with ioxaglate. These findings suggest that all of these contrast agents would be clinically acceptable for direct injection into the human fallopian tube...
- Losartan modifies glomerular hyperfiltration and insulin sensitivity in type 1 diabetesS Nielsen
Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 3:463-71. 2001....
- A rat EEG model for evaluating contrast media neurotoxicityM D Adams
Diagnostic Products R and D, Mallinckrodt, Inc, Hazelwood, MO 63042
Invest Radiol 23:S217-9. 1988..IOV caused mild EEG abnormalities in 4 of 12 animals at 120 mg I/kg, mild EEG abnormalities in 6 of 11 animals, and moderate EEG abnormalities in 1 of 11 animals at 240 mg I/kg.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Misoprostol effects on diclofenac-induced cardiorenal changes in salt-sensitive patients with hypertension: the MEDIC StudyMark A Munger
Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5820, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:834-42. 2008..To determine whether coadministration of misoprostol with the nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug diclofenac lessens the increase in blood pressure and improves the alterations in renal hemodynamics induced by diclofenac...
- A randomized, controlled trial of the renal effects of ultrafiltration as compared to furosemide in patients with acute decompensated heart failureHobart L Rogers
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Card Fail 14:1-5. 2008....
- Role of red blood cell deformation in toxicity of contrast media in cerebral angiographyT Miyazawa
Research Department, Nihon Schering K K, Osaka, Japan
Invest Radiol 24:383-9. 1989..This study's results indicate that hyperosmotic ionic contrast media affect red blood cells and cause disturbance in cerebral circulation...
- Effect of advanced age on p-aminohippurate-induced inhibition of renal tubular secretion in male Fischer 344 ratsR E Galinsky
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
Mech Ageing Dev 56:209-22. 1990..Aging did not alter PAH-induced inhibition of iodohippurate secretion. Inhibition of MAG3 elimination was more pronounced in the old rats compared to the young controls...
- Long-term renal and cardiovascular effects of antihypertensive treatment regimens based upon isradipine, perindopril and thiazideI Sihm
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Blood Press 9:346-54. 2000..Significantly detrimental effect on uric acid homeostasis was only found in patients treated with a regimen based on diuretics...
- Angiotensin administration stimulates renal 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in healthy menMichiel N Kerstens
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 65:2065-70. 2004....
- Hepatic dynamic sequential CT: section enhancement profiles with a bolus of ionic and nonionic contrast agentsR C Nelson
Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Radiology 178:499-502. 1991..05). The data suggest that the enhancement characteristics for the two nonionic agents may be more optimal for detection of focal hepatic lesions than the ionic agent...
- Cimetidine improves prediction of the glomerular filtration rate by the Cockcroft-Gault formula in renal transplant recipientsFrits A Kemperman
Department of Internal Medicine and Nephrology of the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 73:770-4. 2002..We compared the accuracy and precision of GFR prediction from the Cockcroft-Gault formula without cimetidine (CG), with cimetidine (CGcim) and from the creatinine clearance without cimetidine in renal transplant recipients...
- Evaluation of diagnostic radiopaque contrast materials used with calcium hydroxideT Alacam
Department of Endodontics, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Endod 16:365-8. 1990..These soluble iodine compounds also make possible an excellent aqueous medium in which to mix calcium hydroxide...
- Comparison of cross-sectional renal function measurements in African Americans with hypertensive nephrosclerosis and of primary formulas to estimate glomerular filtration rateJ Lewis
Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 38:744-53. 2001..Formulas using demographic data and readily measured serum values estimate (125)I-iothalamate GFR...
- JNK/ATF2 pathway is involved in iodinated contrast media-induced apoptosisHsiang Chun Lee
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100 Tz You 1st road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Am J Nephrol 31:125-33. 2010..Notably, activating transcriptional factor 2 (ATF2), a histone-modification gene, is involved in oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. The aim of this study was to clarify the role of ATF2 in contrast media-induced nephropathy...
- Blood pressure and renal function after kidney donation from hypertensive living donorsStephen C Textor
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Nephrology and Hypertension, W9A, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Transplantation 78:276-82. 2004..This study reports outcomes of hypertensive donors 1 year after kidney donation...
- Volume progression in polycystic kidney diseaseJared J Grantham
Kidney Institute and the Department of Internal Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
N Engl J Med 354:2122-30. 2006..Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) is characterized by progressive enlargement of cyst-filled kidneys...
- Effects of ionic and nonionic contrast media on clot structure, platelet function and thrombolysis mediated by tissue plasminogen activator in plasma clotsM E Carr
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, USA
Haemostasis 25:172-81. 1995..Contrast media possess profound fibrin-altering activities in plasma. Fibrin formed in the presence of some agents may be significantly more resistant to fibrinolysis...
- Pregnancy rates after the use of oil-based and water-based contrast media to evaluate tubal patencyG S Letterie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96859 5000
South Med J 83:1402-3. 1990..No short- or long-term adverse reactions were noted. Results of this study suggest that in patients with normal pelvic anatomy as assessed laparoscopically, OBCM may offer a therapeutic benefit not evident with WBCM...
- 99Tcm-cystine, a renal function and imaging agent: a comparative study in dog with 131I-hippurate and 99Tcm-glucoheptonate to evaluate its functional and imaging characteristicsM Misra
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta
Nucl Med Commun 15:878-85. 1994..Therefore, considering both renal function and imaging properties of 99Tcm-cystine it appears that this radiopharmaceutical offers some definite advantages over the currently available renal agents and commands further study...
- Safety and efficacy of chymopapain (Discase) in the treatment of sciatica due to a herniated nucleus pulposus. Results of a randomized, double-blind studyE J Dabezies
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:561-5. 1988..A single case of anaphylaxis and one case of septic discitis were the only serious complications noted. This study supports the role of chymopapain in the treatment of lumbar disc rupture with sciatica...
- Effect of hyperosmotic blood-brain barrier disruption on transcapillary transport in canine brain tumorsD R Groothuis
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Evanston Hospital, Illinois
J Neurosurg 72:441-9. 1990....
- Magnetic resonance measurements of renal blood flow and disease progression in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseVicente E Torres
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2:112-20. 2007..TKV and RBF were independent predictors of GFR decline (functional disease progression). In ADPKD, RBF reduction (1) parallels TKV increase, (2) precedes GFR decline, and (3) predicts structural and functional disease progression...
- Angiography with metrizamide. Animal experiments and preliminary clinical experiencesT Almen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Radiol Suppl 355:419-30. 1977..This motivated clinical trial of metrizamide for angiography, which demonstrated that metrizamide produced less pain than the ionic monomeric media in femoral as well as in other types of angiography...
- Sirolimus in cardiac transplantation: use as a primary immunosuppressant in calcineurin inhibitor-induced nephrotoxicitySudhir S Kushwaha
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:2129-36. 2005....
- A comparison between cystatin C, plasma creatinine and the Cockcroft and Gault formula for the estimation of glomerular filtration rateFrans J Hoek
Academic Medical Center, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Room F1 219, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2024-31. 2003..No data are available, however, on the performance of cys C in follow-up of patients, compared with creatinine. Also, comparisons of cys C with the Cockcroft and Gault (C&G) formula for estimation of GFR are few...
- Development of a nonisotopic capillary electrophoresis-based method for measuring glomerular filtration rateJ H Bergert
Renal Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Electrophoresis 18:1827-35. 1997..Interference from drugs and other urinary compounds is eliminated with this method. Collectively, this study has shown that CE is a cost-effective alternative to the current methodology for measuring GFR...
- Bronchial vasodilatory response to ionic and nonionic contrast mediaE M Baile
University of British Columbia Pulmonary Research Laboratory, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 82:841-5. 1997..We conclude that an osmolar stress is the trigger for the contrast-induced bronchial vasodilation and that the response is partially mediated by endothelial release of nitric oxide...
- [Renal effects of captopril in hypertension with renal artery stenosis. Comparison between Tc-99m-DTPA scintigraphy and clearance method]M Chaignon
, , Suresnes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1205-9. 1989....
- Monitoring renal function in children with Fabry disease: comparisons of measured and creatinine-based estimated glomerular filtration rateCamilla Tøndel
Renal Research Group, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1507-13. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare estimated creatinine-based GFR (eGFR) with measured GFR (mGFR) in children with Fabry disease and normal renal function...
- Contrast media as markers for glomerular filtration: a pharmacokinetic comparison of four agentsS E Back
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 48:247-53. 1988..Protein binding measured with equilibrium dialysis did not suggest binding to serum proteins by any of these agents irrespective of concentration...
- Power injection of intravenous contrast material through central venous catheters for CT: in vitro evaluationB R Herts
Department of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Radiology 200:731-5. 1996..To determine the feasibility of use of a power injector to deliver contrast material through central venous catheters for computed tomographic (CT) examinations...
- The use of iothalamate meglumine 17.2% as an effective testing medium in lower urinary tract urodynamic assessment of childrenD B Joseph
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama, Birmingham
J Urol 149:92-3. 1993..55). Iothalamate meglumine 17.2% can be used as a reliable testing medium for pediatric cystometry...
- Quantitative measurements of capillary transport in human brain tumors by computed tomographyD R Groothuis
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Evanston Hospital, IL 60201
Ann Neurol 30:581-8. 1991..034 to 0.108 min-1, and Vp varied from 2.4 to 7.9 ml 100 gm-1. In tumor-free brain, the K1 of meglumine iothalamate was 2.9 mu 1 gm-1 min-1; k2 was 0.058 min-1; and Vp was 2.1 ml 100 gm-1.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A method to quantitatively measure transcapillary transport of iodinated compounds in canine brain tumors with computed tomographyD R Groothuis
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Evanston Hospital, Illinois 60201
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 11:939-48. 1991..The CT methodology is capable of demonstrating regional variation of transcapillary transport in brain tumors and may be of value in the study of human brain tumors...
- The Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) Study: Design and MethodsHarold I Feldman
Center for Clinical Epidemiology, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:S148-53. 2003..Insights from CRIC should lead to the formulation of hypotheses regarding therapy that will serve as the basis for targeted interventional trials focused on reducing the burden of CRI and CVD...
- Utility of estimated glomerular filtration rate in live kidney donationRavi Parasuraman
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1608-9. 2008..73 m2 in previous kidney donors is unclear. Long-term prospective study with a gold standard method such as iothalamate GFR measurement is needed to define the actual decrease in eGFR after kidney donation...
- [Prostaglandin E2 liberation in the synovial fluid induced by organo-iodinated contrast media. Interrelations with the genesis of post-arthrographic pain]F Cavalli
Servizio Ospedaliero di Radiologia, Ospedale Maggiore, Trieste
Radiol Med 74:512-5. 1987..0001) and iopamidol (p less than 0.01) --especially in iothalamate--treated patients (p less than 0.01). A physiopathologic mechanism about post-arthrographic pain and, more generally, about RCM toxicity is thus hypothesized...
- Impaired renal adaptation to stress in the elderly with isolated systolic hypertensionS Castellani
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale e Cardiologia, Firenze, Italy
Hypertension 34:1106-11. 1999..This hemodynamic pattern may predispose ISH patients to a higher risk of renal injury...
- Postprocedural symptoms in children who undergo imaging studies of the urinary tract: is it the contrast material or the catheter?J M Zerin
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor 48109 0252
Radiology 182:727-30. 1992..It is concluded that most postprocedural symptoms in children who undergo VCUG, RNC, or DRS are secondary to catheterization rather than to the use of iodinated contrast material...
- Effect of mechanical convection on the partitioning of an anionic iodinated contrast agent in intact patellar cartilageVahid Entezari
Center for Advanced Orthopaedic Studies, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02215
J Orthop Res 32:1333-40. 2014....
- Insulin's actions on plasma free fatty acids are normal in patients with stage 2 to 3 chronic kidney diseaseCrystal A Gadegbeku
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 1:414-22. 2007..Impairment of insulin's antilipolytic actions is not involved in the early pathogenesis of dyslipidemia and hypertension in patients with mild to moderated renal dysfunction...
- [Contrast medium resorption in ERCP]F Carstensen
3 Medizinische Abteilung und Gastroenterologie des Allgemeinen Krankenhauses Barmbek, Hamburg
Z Gastroenterol 31:369-75. 1993..0 and 30.0%. Consequently the endoscopist always has to take into account an anaphylactoid reaction due to the systemic absorption of contrast media which, compared to other examinations with contrast media, happens relatively seldom...
- Similar cytogenetic effects of sodium-meglumine diatrizoate and sodium-meglumine ioxithalamate in lymphocytes of patients undergoing brain CT scanH Mozdarani
Department of Radiology, School of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran
Toxicol Lett 98:25-30. 1998..Therefore, both CM exhibited clastogenic effects on peripheral lymphocytes in vivo. An increase in chromosomal aberrations due to CM used in this study were similar to that reported for other ionic and non-ionic compounds...
- Accurate, fast, and convenient measurement of glomerular filtration rate in potential renal transplant donorsCARLOS RABITO
Nuclear Medicine Division, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Transplantation 90:510-7. 2010..The goal of this study is to evaluate a different method of measuring GFR, one that retains the accuracy of a clearance technique and adds the convenience of a plasma creatinine measurement...
- Power injection of microcatheters: an in vitro comparisonDaniel B Brown
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University Medical Center, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:101-6. 2005..To determine the tolerance of 0.021-inch and 0.027-inch microcatheters to power injection in an in vitro flow model...
- Gastric emptying time of oral contrast material in children and adolescents undergoing abdominal computed tomographySivan Berger-Achituv
Department of Pediatrics, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:31-4. 2010..Considering the hazards of pulmonary aspiration of oral contrast material (OCM) during general anesthesia, we investigated the gastric emptying time (GET) of OCM in children and adolescents undergoing abdominal computed tomography (CT)...
- Effect of intensive blood pressure control on the course of type 1 diabetic nephropathy. Collaborative Study GroupJ B Lewis
Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2372, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 34:809-17. 1999..With the combination of ACE inhibition and intensive blood pressure control, many patients can achieve regression or apparent remission of clinical evidence of diabetic nephropathy...
- Comparison of methods for determining renal function decline in early autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: the consortium of radiologic imaging studies of polycystic kidney disease cohortAndrew D Rule
Division of Nephrology, Mayo Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, and University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:854-62. 2006..Misclassification from changes in non-GFR factors (e.g., creatinine production, tubular secretion) conservatively biased associations with eGFR. Misclassification from method imprecision attenuated associations with creatinine clearance...
- Assessing glomerular filtration rate by estimation equations in kidney transplant recipientsE D Poggio
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Transplant 6:100-8. 2006..In conclusion, the overall performance of the MDRD equation was superior to the Nankivell and Cockcroft-Gault formulas in renal transplant recipients including subjects treated with CNI...
- [Segmental anatomy of the liver in computed tomography: do we localize the lesion accurately?]O Rieker
Klinik für Radiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz
Rofo 172:147-52. 2000..To evaluate if Couinaud's model using the planes of the major veins is an adequate tool for the presurgical localization of focal liver lesions...
- The health status of Caucasian and African American living with kidney donorsSandra J Taler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Methods for Early Detection of Kidney Disease in Patients with HIVAndy I Choi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gender Disparity in Liver TransplantationAYSE LEYLA MINDIKOGLU; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mentored research training and courses supported by this K23 award will provide the PI with excellent grounding for a successful academic career in health services and patient-oriented research. ..
- Comparison of kidney function measurement methods in the communityANDREW DAVID RULE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Validation of kidney function methods is needed to identify chronic kidney disease at an earlier stage, characterize its risk factors, and develop new treatment strategies. ..
- ICU ARF DIALYSIS DOSE QUANTIFICATION AND PATIENT OUTCOMEEmil Paganini; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is expected that this project, along with the other IRPG generated data, will provide the building blocks for the design and implementation of future multi-centered interventional trials in Acute Renal Failure.] ..
- THE MODIFICATION OF DIET IN RENAL DISEASE (MDRD) STUDYLawrence Hunsicker; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition six regional nephrologists, 5 HMOs, and a clinic caring for low income patients have agreed to refer patients...
- Refining Estimates of Kidney Function in the U.S.Josef Coresh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Refining Estimates of Kidney Function in the U.S.Josef Coresh; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Chronic Renal Disease-Individual Patient Meta AnalysisAndrew Levey; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will have a major impact on the care of patients with chronic kidney disease. ..
- Chronic Renal Disease-Individual Patient Meta AnalysisAndrew Levey; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will have a major impact on the care of patients with chronic kidney disease. ..
- MODIFICATION OF DIET IN RENAL DISEASE STUDYCHARLES TISHER; Fiscal Year: 1993..Nutrition and renal function will be monitored carefully. Several "stop" based on evaluation of nutritional status, renal function and general medical condition, are built into the protocol to insure patient safety...
- Mechanisms of Hypertension in Chronic Kidney DiseaseCrystal Gadegbeku; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further support for a potential link between nitric oxide and sympathetic activity will lay the groundwork for new strategies in the treatment and prevention of vascular disease among the rapidly growing group of individuals with CKD. ..
- A Novel Device for Determination of GFR MarkersBikas Vaidya; Fiscal Year: 2005..The optimized conditions obtained during the Phase I will be used for designing, fabricating and testing of a prototype device for rapid and accurate measurement of GFR during Phase II. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF PARTICULATE RADIOCONTRAST MEDIAMICHAEL VIOLANTE; Fiscal Year: 1980..All new particulate contrast material developed on this project will be evaluated for efficacy and toxicity...
- OPTIMAL TREATMENT OF FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSISRichard Fine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, 125I-iothalamate will be compared with Cystatin C as a measure of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in order to determine if the latter is an acceptable "gold standard" for serial measurement of GFR in patients with SRFSGS. ..
- REAL-TIME FLUORESCENCE-ACTIVATED RENAL MONITORCARLOS RABITO; Fiscal Year: 2002..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- Symposium for Molecular and Therapeutic Insights in PKDArlene Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Day 5 will be devoted to autosomal recessive kidney diseases and the last half day will be devoted to potential therapeutic strategies in cystic disorders of the kidney. ..
- Chronic Kidney Disease with Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaANDREW RULE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Based on preliminary data, a significant association between BPH surrogate measures and CKD is expected. This study will clarify whether earlier assessment and intervention in BPH is warranted to prevent CKD. ..
- AASK Cohort StudyJulia Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such results might eventually lead to new strategies that delay or prevent ESRD. ..
- CRIC-Plus: Study of Advanced Chronic Renal InsufficiencyChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim #4: To study the effect of chronic renal insufficiency management, including the timing of dialysis initiation, on clinical outcomes after onset of end-stage renal disease. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HUMAN HYPERTENSIVE ESRDBarry Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The identification of hypertension-associated renal failure genes would form a genetic basis for detection of high risk individuals and development of intervention and treatment strategies for prevention of H-ESRD. ..
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Linking acute, chronic and end-stage renal diseaseChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Continuation of the FIND StudyBarry Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..of genes that cause diabetic complications will take us one step closer to finding treatments that may have the potential to slow or prevent the development of these serious complications of diabetes mellitus [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Consequences of Chronic Renal InsufficiencyChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2006..These will contribute greatly to my development into an independent investigator. ..
- Treatment of Diabetic NephropathyJulia Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Also the pilot study allows us to establish procedures, better estimate recruitment goals and establish safety for a larger trial. ..
- Human monoclonal antibody therapy for HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF SYNSORB PK IN E COLI RELATED HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of this trial may justify the use of SYNSORB PK as a safe therapy to ameliorate D+HUS. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The infrastructure that is established for the performance of this R21/R33 project should prove useful for the efficient assessment of additional novel therapies that will be developed in the future for patients with primary FSGS. ..