- Regional citrate versus systemic heparin for anticoagulation in critically ill patients on continuous venovenous haemofiltration: a prospective randomized multicentre trial
Gerd R Hetzel
Department of Nephrology, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:232-9. 2011
..However, data from randomized trials comparing citrate anticoagulation with systemic heparinization are very limited...
- Neurodegeneration in methylmalonic aciduria involves inhibition of complex II and the tricarboxylic acid cycle, and synergistically acting excitotoxicity
Jürgen G Okun
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Im Neuenheimer Feld 150, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 277:14674-80. 2002
..We propose that neuropathogenesis of methylmalonic aciduria may involve an inhibition of complex II and the tricarboxylic acid cycle by accumulating toxic organic acids, and synergistic secondary excitotoxic mechanisms...
- Spinal glia and proinflammatory cytokines mediate mirror-image neuropathic pain in rats
Erin D Milligan
Department of Psychology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0345, USA
J Neurosci 23:1026-40. 2003
..These results provide the first evidence that ipsilateral and mirror-image inflammatory neuropathy pain are created both acutely and chronically through glial and proinflammatory cytokine actions...
- Continuous venovenous hemofiltration with or without predilution regional citrate anticoagulation: a prospective study
S Azam Nurmohamed
Department of Nephrology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood Purif 25:316-23. 2007
..The aim of this study was to compare CVVH with and without regional citrate anticoagulation (RCA) with respect to filter life, azotemic control and cost...
- Studies of propionate toxicity in Salmonella enterica identify 2-methylcitrate as a potent inhibitor of cell growth
A R Horswill
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1567, USA
J Biol Chem 276:19094-101. 2001
..This result lent further support to the in vivo data, which suggested that citrate synthase was the source of a toxic metabolite...
- Continuous venovenous hemofiltration with citrate-based replacement fluid: efficacy, safety, and impact on nutrition
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension, and Transplantation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0224, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:908-18. 2005
..We used volumes of 72 L/d in patients at high risk for bleeding and investigated the treatment's efficacy, safety, and clinical results, especially with regard to nutrition supplementation...
- Methylmalonic acid, a biochemical hallmark of methylmalonic acidurias but no inhibitor of mitochondrial respiratory chain
Department of General Pediatrics, Division of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, University Children s Hospital Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:47388-93. 2003
..Inhibition of respiratory chain and tricarboxylic acid cycle is most likely induced by synergistically acting alternative metabolites, in particular 2-methylcitric acid, malonic acid, and propionyl-CoA...
- In Salmonella enterica, 2-methylcitrate blocks gluconeogenesis
Christopher J Rocco
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin, 1550 Linden Dr, Madison, WI 53706 1521, USA
J Bacteriol 192:771-8. 2010
..Our findings may help explain human inborn errors in propionate metabolism...
- Characterization of pyoverdine and achromobactin in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola 1448a
Jeremy G Owen
School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, Kelburn Parade, PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
BMC Microbiol 11:218. 2011
..P. syringae 1448a also appears to have the genetic potential to make two secondary siderophores, achromobactin and yersiniabactin, each of which has previously been detected in different P. syringae pathovars...
- Urinary citrate and renal stone disease: the preventive role of alkali citrate treatment
Centro Studi del Metabolismo Minerale, Fondazione Villa Maria, Lugo, Ravenna, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 81:182-7. 2009
..Nevertheless, the evaluation of urinary citrate in patients with kidney stones and the treatment of these patients with alkali salts namely with potassium citrate are still scarce...
- Regional citrate anticoagulation in continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration
D J Kutsogiannis
Division of Critical Care Medicine, The University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 35:802-11. 2000
..091/person-day on citrate anticoagulation (95% CI, 0.03 to 0.23). Guiding regional citrate anticoagulation through the use of posthemofilter ionized calcium levels is a safe and effective method of prolonging filter life during CVVHDF...
- Inhibition of calcium phosphate-DNA coprecipitates induced cell death by phosphocitrates
Rheumatology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Front Biosci 10:803-8. 2005
- A safe citrate anticoagulation protocol with variable treatment efficacy and excellent control of the acid-base status
Departmentsof Nephrology, University Hospital Charité Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care Med 37:2018-24. 2009
..In this article, we provide a safe and an easy-to-handle citrate anticoagulation protocol with variable treatment doses and excellent control of the acid-base status...
- Characterization of staphyloferrin A biosynthetic and transport mutants in Staphylococcus aureus
Federico C Beasley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
Mol Microbiol 72:947-63. 2009
..The crystal structure of apo-HtsA was determined and identified a large positively charged region in the substrate-binding pocket, in agreement with a role in binding of anionic staphyloferrin A...
- Influence of root-surface conditioning with acid and chelating agents on clot stabilization
Fabio Renato Manzolli Leite
Department of Semilogy and Clinics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas UFPel Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Quintessence Int 41:341-9. 2010
..To compare the adhesion and maturation of blood components on chemically conditioned root surfaces...
- Roles of the glyoxylate and methylcitrate cycles in sexual development and virulence in the cereal pathogen Gibberella zeae
Seung Ho Lee
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Centers for Fungal Pathogenesis and Agricultural Biomaterials, Seoul National University, South Korea
Eukaryot Cell 8:1155-64. 2009
..zeae. Thus, both GzICL1 and GzMCL1 may play important roles in determining major mycological and pathological traits of G. zeae by participating in different metabolic pathways for the use of fatty acids...
- ACP Best Practice No 181: Chemical pathology clinical investigation and management of nephrolithiasis
T M Reynolds
Clinical Chemistry Department, Queen s Hospital, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
J Clin Pathol 58:134-40. 2005
..Then specific pharmacological treatment to modify urine calcium, oxalate, urate, citrate, and acidity are considered. Finally, more unusual types of stone are examined...
- Staphylococcus aureus transporters Hts, Sir, and Sst capture iron liberated from human transferrin by Staphyloferrin A, Staphyloferrin B, and catecholamine stress hormones, respectively, and contribute to virulence
Federico C Beasley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Infect Immun 79:2345-55. 2011
..Experiments involving mice challenged intravenously with wild-type S. aureus and isogenic mutants demonstrated that the combination of Hts, Sir, and Sst transport systems was required for full virulence of S. aureus...
- The use of regional citrate anticoagulation for continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration in acute kidney injury
Marcelino S Durão
Intensive Care Unit, Nephrology Support Group, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Crit Care Med 36:3024-9. 2008
..We evaluated the data of 143 patients with acute kidney injury subjected to citrate-based continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration...
- Impact of preservation solution on the extent of blood-air barrier damage and edema formation in experimental lung transplantation
Institute of Anatomy, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:491-500. 2007
..Celsior was not effective in preserving the lung from morphological I/R injury...
- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate with chromium-51 ethylene diamino tetraacetic acid in the presence of gallium-67 citrate: a novel method for the solution of the problem
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Nucl Med Commun 32:221-6. 2011
..This method was developed to solve a clinical problem and then it was validated by a controlled ⁶⁷Ga contamination of plasma samples with known counts from ⁵¹Cr-ethylene diamino tetraacetic acid...
- Citrate in urine determined with a new citrate lyase method
Renal Stone Laboratory, Mauriziano Umberto I Hospital, Turin, Italy
Clin Chem 41:1518-21. 1995
..2%, imprecision (CV) of the assay for citrate at 0.96 mmol/L (urine) was 2.0%, and the lower limit of quantification was 0.08 mmol/L. Results correlated well with those by both ion-chromatographic and traditional citrate lyase methods...
- Phosphocitrate as a potential therapeutic strategy for crystal deposition disease
H S Cheung
Research Service, Miami VA Medical Center, FL 33125, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 3:24-8. 2001
..Approaches that may ameliorate the degenerative process may ensue from new information about how crystals form and how they exert their biologic effects...
- Fibroblasts from mice with progessive ankylosis proliferate excessively in response to transforming growth factor-beta 1
H E Krug
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Investig Med 46:134-9. 1998
..We hypothesized that TGF-beta might be involved in the pathogenesis of MPA...
- Retrograde flush perfusion with low-potassium solutions for improvement of experimental pulmonary preservation
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 19:976-83. 2000
..So far, we have seen no experimental studies that include stereologic analysis of intrapulmonary edema concerning the influence of retrograde preservation on post-ischemic lung function after preservation with Perfadex and Celsior...
- Evening primrose oil supplementation increases citraturia and decreases other urinary risk factors for calcium oxalate urolithiasis
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Urol 182:2957-63. 2009
..We investigated the effects of gamma-linolenic acid (an omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid) in the form of evening primrose oil on calcium oxalate urinary stone risk factors in 2 ethnic groups...
- Citric acid or citrates in urine: which should we focus on in the prevention of calcium oxalate crystals and stones?
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, Bonn University, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Urol Res 30:336-41. 2002
- Evidence for suppression of electroacupuncture on spinal glial activation and behavioral hypersensitivity in a rat model of monoarthritis
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Brain Res Bull 75:83-93. 2008
..These data suggested that analgesic effects of EA might be associated with its counter-regulation to spinal glial activation, and thereby provide a potential strategy for the treatment of arthritis...
- Effect of anticoagulation on blood membrane interactions during hemodialysis
Department of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, University of Vienna, Austria
Kidney Int 56:1578-83. 1999
- Role of spinal microglia in rat models of peripheral nerve injury and inflammation
Anna K Clark
Neurorestoration, Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, Wolfson Wing, Hodgkin Building, Guys Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Eur J Pain 11:223-30. 2007
..Furthermore, it would appear that the time course of microglia activation and their contribution to inflammatory pain is dependent on the inflammatory stimulus administered...
- Reduction of renal stone risk by potassium-magnesium citrate during 5 weeks of bed rest
Joseph E Zerwekh
Center for Mineral Metabolism and Clinical Research, and the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Urol 177:2179-84. 2007
..This study was performed to evaluate the efficacy of potassium alkali as potassium-magnesium citrate in reducing renal stone risk and bone turnover...
- Comparison between Perfadex and locally manufactured low-potassium dextran solution for pulmonary preservation in an ex vivo isolated lung perfusion model
P R O Soares
Laboratory of Thoracic Surgery Research, Department of Cardiopneumology, InCor, Clinics Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 43:84-8. 2011
..We sought the local development of LPD solutions in an attempt to facilitate access and enhance usage. We also sought to evaluate the effectiveness of a locally manufactured LPD solution in a rat model of ex vivo lung perfusion...
- Citrate anticoagulation in continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration: a metabolic challenge
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale la Carità Locarno, Locarno, Switzerland
Intensive Care Med 28:1419-25. 2002
..Feasibility and safety evaluation of regional citrate anticoagulation (RCA) versus systemic heparinization for continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration...
- Chromosomal mutation for citrate utilization by Escherichia coli K-12
B G Hall
J Bacteriol 151:269-73. 1982
..It is capable of utilizing cis- and trans-aconitate, but only if it is preinduced by growth on citrate...
- Molecular characterization of staphyloferrin B biosynthesis in Staphylococcus aureus
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Mol Microbiol 74:594-608. 2009
- 2-Methylcitrate-dependent activation of the propionate catabolic operon (prpBCDE) of Salmonella enterica by the PrpR protein
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin, 1710 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53726 4087, USA
Microbiology 150:3877-87. 2004
..Analysis of the binding-site sequence revealed two sites with dyad symmetry. Results from DNase I footprinting assays suggested that the PrpR protein may have higher affinity for the site proximal to the P(prpBCDE) promoter...
- Impact of siderophore production by Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae 22d/93 on epiphytic fitness and biocontrol activity against Pseudomonas syringae pv. glycinea 1a/96
School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2704-11. 2010
..syringae pv. syringae 22d/93 still suppressed development of bacterial blight caused by P. syringae pv. glycinea, siderophore production enhanced the epiphytic fitness and thus the competitiveness of the antagonist...
- The Staphylococcus aureus siderophore receptor HtsA undergoes localized conformational changes to enclose staphyloferrin A in an arginine-rich binding pocket
Jason C Grigg
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Life Sciences Institute, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:11162-71. 2010
..The conformational change is highlighted by isolated movement of three loops within the C-terminal domain, a domain movement unique to known class III binding protein structures...
- Basic calcium phosphate crystals stimulate the endocytotic activity of cells--inhibition by anti-calcification agents
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1053-9. 2003
- Phosphocitrate blocks calcification-induced articular joint degeneration in a guinea pig model
Herman S Cheung
VA Medical Center, Miami, Florida 33125, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2452-61. 2006
..The present study was undertaken to examine the role of calcification in OA disease progression and to evaluate a formulation of phosphocitrate (PC) as a potential therapeutic agent...
- Disruption of glial function enhances electroacupuncture analgesia in arthritic rats
Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Exp Neurol 198:294-302. 2006
..These results suggested that electroacupuncture and disrupting glial function could synergistically antagonize inflammatory pain, which might provide a potential strategy for the treatment of arthritic pain...
- Intrathecal HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120 induces enhanced pain states mediated by spinal cord proinflammatory cytokines
E D Milligan
Department of Psychology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0345, USA
J Neurosci 21:2808-19. 2001
..These results support the concept that activated glia in dorsal spinal cord can create exaggerated pain states via the release of proinflammatory cytokines...
- Alkaline citrate reduces stone recurrence and regrowth after shockwave lithotripsy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy
Division of Urology and Department of Surgery, Chiangmai University, Thailand
Int Braz J Urol 37:611-6. 2011
..To evaluate the preventive effects of alkaline citrate on stone recurrence as well as stone growth post-ESWL or PCNL in patients with calcium-containing stones...
- Effects of sennosides and nonanthranoid laxatives on cytochemistry of epithelial cells in rat colon
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N Y 10021
Pharmacology 47:196-204. 1993
..Cytokeratin AE1 expression increased on picosulfate and sennosides. SBA total binding increased on bisacodyl and picosulfate. The present findings were thought to be of functional origin and do not represent early precancerous lesions...
- Phosphocitrate inhibits calcium hydroxyapatite induced mitogenesis and upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase-1, interleukin-1beta and cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA in human breast cancer cell lines
Michelle M Cooke
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:253-63. 2003
- Super CitriMax (HCA-SX) attenuates increases in oxidative stress, inflammation, insulin resistance, and body weight in developing obese Zucker rats
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 304:93-9. 2007
..Therefore, HCA-SX may be used as an intervention to overcome obesity-related complications, including inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance...
- Siderophore-mediated iron acquisition in the staphylococci
Federico C Beasley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
J Inorg Biochem 104:282-8. 2010
..This review summarizes our current knowledge of siderophore-mediated iron acquisition systems in the genus Staphylococcus...
- Specificity of Staphyloferrin B recognition by the SirA receptor from Staphylococcus aureus
Jason C Grigg
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada and
J Biol Chem 285:34579-88. 2010
..Although both SirA and HtsA bind siderophores from the same α-hydroxycarboxylate class, the unique structural features of each receptor provides an explanation for their distinct specificity...
- Ralstonia solanacearum iron scavenging by the siderophore staphyloferrin B is controlled by PhcA, the global virulence regulator
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Bacteriol 186:7896-904. 2004
..AW1 did not produce siderophore activity when cultured in tomato xylem sap, suggesting that the main location in tomato for R. solanacearum during pathogenesis is iron replete...
- Formations of mixed-valence oxovanadiumV,IV citrates and homocitrate with N-heterocycle chelated ligand
Can Yu Chen
State Key Laboratory of Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces and Department of Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen, 361005, China
Inorg Chem 47:8714-20. 2008
..H 2O ( 5), form strong hydrogen bonds with the chloride ion and the water molecule [2.982(5) in 3, 2.562(9) in 4, and 2.763(1) A in 5], respectively...
- Analysis of achromobactin biosynthesis by Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae B728a
Andrew D Berti
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 191:4594-604. 2009
..This work provides insights into the biosynthetic steps in the formation of achromobactin and is the first in vitro reconstitution of achromobactin biosynthesis...
- A widely distributed bacterial pathway for siderophore biosynthesis independent of nonribosomal peptide synthetases
Gregory L Challis
Department of Chemistry, Warwick University, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Chembiochem 6:601-11. 2005
- Pathophysiology of hypocitraturic nephrolithiasis
L Lee Hamm
Section of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 31:885-93, viii. 2002
..In addition, oral citrate as an alkalinizing agent can not only increase urinary citrate, but also favorably impact other stone-promoting conditions. This review will focus on the understanding of these concepts...
- Hydroxycitrate has long-term effects on feeding behavior, body weight regain and metabolism after body weight loss in male rats
Institute of Animal Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
J Nutr 132:1977-82. 2002
..The fact that HCA did not change plasma BHB concentration does not support a role for increased hepatic fatty acid oxidation in the anorectic effect of HCA...
- Effect of astrocytic energy metabolism depressant on 14C-acetate uptake in intact rat brain
School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:188-90. 2004
..The present observations indicate that 14C-acetate uptake might be a useful characteristic for examining astrocytic energy metabolism in the intact brain...
- Effect of K-252a and abscisic acid on the efflux of citrate from soybean roots
Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, 2 20 1 Chuo, Kurashiki 710 0046, Japan
J Exp Bot 55:663-71. 2004
- Citrate pharmacokinetics and metabolism in cirrhotic and noncirrhotic critically ill patients
Department of Medicine IV, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
Crit Care Med 31:2450-5. 2003
..To investigate pharmacokinetics and metabolism of sodium citrate in critically ill patients. To determine the risk of citrate accumulation in the setting of liver dysfunction (cirrhosis, hepatorenal syndrome)...
- Safety and efficacy of regional citrate anticoagulation during 8-hour sustained low-efficiency dialysis
John A Clark
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:736-42. 2008
..A safe and simple "regional" anticoagulation strategy would be beneficial. The modification of existing regional citrate anticoagulation protocols to typically performed 8-h sustained low-efficiency dialysis is necessary...
- The methylcitric acid pathway in Ralstonia eutropha: new genes identified involved in propionate metabolism
C O Brämer
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstrasse 3, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Microbiology 147:2203-14. 2001
..Since the prp locus of R. eutropha was very different from those of E. coli and S. enterica, an extensive comparison of prp loci available from databases and literature was done, revealing two different classes of prp loci...
- Partial purification and regulatory properties of phosphofructokinase from Aspergillus niger
Biochem J 209:669-76. 1983
- Metabolic engineering of strains of Ralstonia eutropha and Pseudomonas putida for biotechnological production of 2-methylcitric acid
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Metab Eng 8:587-602. 2006
..putida DeltaacnM(Pp)OmegaKmprpC(Re) and R. eutropha DeltaacnM(Re)OmegaKmprpC(Pp) produced 2MC up to maximal concentrations of 7.2 g/L or 26.5 mM and 19.2 g/L or 70.5 mM, respectively, during 144 h of cultivation...
- Sodium citrate anticoagulation during sustained low efficiency dialysis (SLED) in patients with acute renal failure and severely impaired liver function
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:421-2. 2008
- Citrate kinetics in patients receiving long-term hemodialysis therapy
Division of Nephrology, Medical Department III, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Kidney Dis 46:903-7. 2005
..This study compares the pharmacokinetics of citrate in hemodialysis patients with minimal residual function with that in patients with normal renal function...
- Evidence for the involvement of spinal cord glia in subcutaneous formalin induced hyperalgesia in the rat
L R Watkins
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, 80309, USA
Pain 71:225-35. 1997
..Taken together, the present series of experiments suggest an important role for spinal glial cells in the cascade of events that are initiated by descending signals following s.c. administration of formalin...
- Intrathecal administration of ATP produces long-lasting allodynia in rats: differential mechanisms in the phase of the induction and maintenance
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Neuroscience 147:445-55. 2007
- The configuration of the chiral carbon atoms in staphyloferrin A and analysis of the transport properties in Staphylococcus aureus
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Mikrobiologie and Biotechnologie, Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 28, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Biometals 18:75-81. 2005
..Growth promotion tests with staphylococci revealed that the S,S-configuration of staphyloferrin A and enantio-rhizoferrin enabled iron uptake, while the fungal rhizoferrin with R,R-configuration was not utilized...
- Identification and characterization of the Staphylococcus aureus gene cluster coding for staphyloferrin A
Jennifer L Cotton
Department of Infectious Diseases, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 500 Technology Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biochemistry 48:1025-35. 2009
- Dual role of isocitrate lyase 1 in the glyoxylate and methylcitrate cycles in Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Ty A Gould
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Mol Microbiol 61:940-7. 2006
..Furthermore, the crystal structure of ICL1 with pyruvate and succinate bound demonstrates that the active site can accommodate the additional methyl group without significant changes to the structure...
- Erwinia chrysanthemi requires a second iron transport route dependent of the siderophore achromobactin for extracellular growth and plant infection
Laboratoire de Pathologie Végétale, UMR 217 INRA INA P G UPMC, 16 rue Claude Bernard, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Microbiol 55:261-75. 2005
..Interestingly, iron transport mediated by achromobactin or a closely related siderophore probably exists in other phytopathogenic bacterial species such as Pseudomonas syringae...
- Improvement of pulmonary preservation with Celsior and Perfadex: impact of storage time on early post-ischemic lung function
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 18:1198-201. 1999
..Optimal preservation of post-ischemic organ function is a continuing challenge in clinical lung transplantation...
- Identification of two prpDBC gene clusters in Corynebacterium glutamicum and their involvement in propionate degradation via the 2-methylcitrate cycle
Wilfried A Claes
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 100131, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Bacteriol 184:2728-39. 2002
..Mutational analyses revealed that only the prpD2B2C2 genes were essential for the growth of C. glutamicum on propionate as a sole carbon source, while the function of the prpD1B1C1 genes remains obscure...
- Differential involvement of trigeminal transition zone and laminated subnucleus caudalis in orofacial deep and cutaneous hyperalgesia: the effects of interleukin-10 and glial inhibitors
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Pain 5:75. 2009
- Thermodynamic boundary conditions suggest that a passive transport step suffices for citrate excretion in Aspergillus and Penicillium
Institute of Microbiology, Technikerstrasse 25, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Microbiology 152:887-93. 2006
..niger at an extracellular pH of 3 and by Penicillium simplicissimum at an extracellular pH of 7. From the results of these calculations it is concluded that in both cases a passive transport step suffices for citrate excretion...
- Adult-onset Still's disease: evaluation by gallium-67 citrate scintigraphy
Department of Radiology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Kaga, Tokyo
Intern Med 45:937-8. 2006
- [67-Gallium citrate gammagraphy in the study of lymphomas]
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:85-7. 2002
- Detection of acute postoperative mediastinitis in mice using (99m)Tc-liposomes
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas From the Baylor College of Medicine, the Methodist, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Invest Radiol 37:435-9. 2002
..To evaluate the usefulness of size-modified (99m)Tc-labeled liposomes for the detection of acute postoperative mediastinitis in a mouse model...
- Detection of a stomach gastrointestinal stromal tumor in situs invertus by gallium-67 scintigraphy
Jong Kang Lee
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Nucl Med 31:425-8. 2006
- Applications of nuclear medicine in pediatric oncology
Leonard P Connolly
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:117-25. 2002
..Imaging strategies for staging and monitoring the therapeutic response of Hodgkin's lymphoma include Ga-67 citrate scintigraphy. Pediatric oncologic applications of positron emission tomography are being investigated extensively...
- [Pulmonary activity in sarcoidosis: 67Ga uptake quantification and plasma determination of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D)]
J R Infante
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:275-80. 2002
..The aim of our study was to produce a quantitative determination of Ga-67 pulmonary intake and correlate it with plasma levels of calcitriol...
- Ga-67 scintigraphy in patients with breast lymphoma
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa Medical University, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 27:101-4. 2002
..The authors studied the utility of Ga-67 citrate scintigraphy in patients with breast lymphoma...
- Clinical impact of whole body FDG-PET on the staging and therapeutic decision making for malignant lymphoma
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:337-45. 2002
..The aim of this study is to evaluate the clinical impact of whole-body FDG-PET for the pre-therapeutic evaluation of malignant lymphoma and compared to that of 67Ga-scintigraphy when added to non-RI examinations...
- Differentiation of low-grade gastric MALT lymphoma and high-grade gastric MALT lymphoma: the clinical value of Ga-67 citrate scintigraphy--a pilot study
Chang Hu Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Cancer Invest 20:939-43. 2002
..However, further investigation is needed to understand the relationship between the uptake of Ga-67 citrate in gastric MALT lymphoma and transformation...
- Collimator optimization for detection and quantitation tasks: application to gallium-67 imaging
Stephen C Moore
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:1347-56. 2005
- [SPECT for diagnosis of brain tumors]
Department of Radiology, Saitama Medical Center
Nihon Rinsho 63:236-41. 2005
- Radiopharmaceuticals to image infection and inflammation
O C Boerman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Semin Nucl Med 31:286-95. 2001
..In this article, the characteristics and diagnostic potential of established and experimental radiopharmaceuticals for infection and inflammation imaging are reviewed...
- [Effectiveness of (67)Ga scintigraphy in the diagnosis of lymphoma relapse]
S Alvarez Ruiz
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Santiago Apostol, Vitoria, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:88-92. 2002
..To establish the clinical effectiveness of 67Ga in lymphoma recurrence...
- Gallium citrate uptake is a marker of breast malignancy: true or false?
Muhammed A Taher
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 10:21-2. 2007
..Though uptake of (67)Gallium citrate is normally associated with malignancy or infection there may be other causes of uptake and follow-up biopsy should be performed...
- Negative gallium-67 citrate and positive positron emission tomography/computed tomography spleen scans, in Hodgkin's stage IV lymphoma
PET CT Department, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Center of Athens Hygeia, Harvard Medical International, Athens, Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 10:116-8. 2007
..Massive infiltration of the spleen by HL-IVB tissue was confirmed by pathology after splenectomy. Two successive PET/CT studies for follow-up purposes three and twelve months after completion of chemotherapy, were normal...
- Recent advances in the diagnosis and therapy of Richter's syndrome
Department of Haematology, University College Hospital Galway, Galway, Ireland
Med Oncol 24:17-32. 2007
..This review will address the current status of RS and deal with the pathophysiology, diagnostic approach, and treatment of this challenging disease...
- Gallium and other agents in diseases of the lung
David M Schuster
Emory University Hospital and Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Semin Nucl Med 32:193-211. 2002
- The value of Tc-99m (V) dimercaptosuccinic acid in detecting intra-abdominal infection: compared with gallium scan
Wan Yu Lin
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160 Taichung Harbor Road, Section 3, Taichung, Taiwan
Ann Nucl Med 21:285-91. 2007
..Tc-99m (V) DMSA is inexpensive, easy to prepare, and provides a result within hours. In this study, we evaluated the potential of Tc-99m (V) DMSA scan (DMSA scan) in the detection of intra-abdominal infection...
- Transient adrenal gland uptake of gallium during septicemia
Endocrinology Section, Cancer Program, and Molecular and Diagnostic Health Care Group, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Semin Nucl Med 32:217-9. 2002
- [Pubis osteomyelitis in adolescent as cause of fever with unknown focus]
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 26:171-2. 2007
- Scintigraphic pattern of planar gallium scan in wound infection after colorectal surgery
S C Tsai
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, 542, Section 1, Chungshan Road, Changhua, Taiwan
Abdom Imaging 27:442-7. 2002
..No studies have evaluated the usefulness of gallium 67 scintigraphy for detecting wound infection after colorectal surgery. We investigated the clinical potential of gallium imaging for detecting wound infection after colorectal surgery...
- Study on the usefulness of whole body SPECT coronal image, MIP image in 67Ga scintigraphy
Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Kurume University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:221-6. 2002
..Our data suggest that whole body SPECT is an excellent technique as an alternative to WB/SC...
- Usefulness of 67Ga SPECT and integrated low-dose CT scanning (SPECT/CT) in the diagnosis of cardiac sarcoidosis
Department of Radiology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 21:545-51. 2007
- Late computed tomography scan response improvement and gallium scintigraphy evaluation as on-treatment prognostic parameters to tailor treatment intensity in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma. A prospective phase II study
U O Ematologia, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:951-7. 2008
..Ongoing prognostic parameters may be an useful adjunct to pretreatment stratification. We used the kinetics of computed tomography (CT) scan response and residual gallium (Ga)-67 uptake to better stratify risk...
- Comparison of 18F-FDG and 67Ga-citrate in sarcoidosis imaging
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 9, 8036 Graz, Austria
Nuklearmedizin 47:18-23. 2008
..This study aimed to analyze possible advantages of (18)F-FDG-PET over (67)Ga citrate scintigraphy during the primary assessment of patients with sarcoidosis...
- Role of serial quantitative gallium-67 tumor uptake in assessing response rates for chemotherapy in lymphoma patients
Nasser S Ballani
aNuclear Medicine Department bOncology Department, Centre for Specialised Surgery, Kuwait cBiomedical Sciences Department, Lebanese International University, Beirut, Lebanon
Nucl Med Commun 29:527-34. 2008
..To evaluate in serial gallium-67 scans (GS) the role of semiquantitative tumor-to-background (Tm/Bg) and tumor-to-liver ratios in assessing response rates to chemotherapy, in Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- 18F-FDG hybrid PET in patients with suspected spondylitis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:516-24. 2002
- Evaluation of high-risk melanoma: comparison of [18F]FDG PET and high-dose 67Ga SPET
The Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, 12 Cathedral Place, East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002 Australia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:506-15. 2002