- Surfactant-free purification of membrane proteins with intact native membrane environment
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, U K
Biochem Soc Trans 39:813-8. 2011
- Antimicrobial activity of maleic acid and combinations of cetrimide with chelating agents against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm
Carmen María Ferrer-Luque
Department of Preventive and Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Endod 36:1673-5. 2010
..The purpose of the present study was therefore to evaluate the in vitro capacity of maleic acid in eradicating Enterococcus faecalis biofilms and to evaluate the combinations of cetrimide with maleic acid, citric acid, and EDTA...
- Nrf2 regulates ferroportin 1-mediated iron efflux and counteracts lipopolysaccharide-induced ferroportin 1 mRNA suppression in macrophages
Department of Stress Response Science, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 508:101-9. 2011
..These results demonstrate that Nrf2 regulates iron efflux from macrophages through Fpn1 gene transcription and suggest that Nrf2 may control iron metabolism during inflammation...
- Residual and antimicrobial activity of final irrigation protocols on Enterococcus faecalis biofilm in dentin
Department of Preventive and Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Endod 37:363-6. 2011
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the residual antimicrobial activity and the capacity to eradicate Enterococcus faecalis biofilm of different irrigating solutions, alone and in combination, in a dentin-volumetric test...
- Comparison of the efficacy of maleic acid and ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid in smear layer removal from instrumented human root canal: a scanning electron microscopic study
Nidambur Vasudev Ballal
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Karnataka, India
J Endod 35:1573-6. 2009
..The aim of this study was to assess, by scanning electron microscopic (SEM) analysis, the ability of 17% EDTA and 7% maleic acid in the removal of the smear layer from the human root canal system...
- Reversing the effects of formalin fixation with citraconic anhydride and heat: a universal antigen retrieval method
Department of Surgical Pathology, Nippon Medical School Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 53:3-11. 2005
..It also allows standardization of immunohistochemistry for formalin-fixed tissues in pathology laboratories, eliminating inter-laboratory discrepancies in results for accurate clinical and research studies...
- Neither lipophilicity nor membrane-perturbing potency of phenothiazine maleates correlate with the ability to inhibit P-glycoprotein transport activity
Andrzej B Hendrich
Department of Biophysics Wrocław Medical University ul Chalubinskiego 10 50 368 Wrocław, Poland
Mol Membr Biol 20:53-60. 2003
..Using the set of phenothiazine maleates differing in the type of phenothiazine ring substitution at position 2 and/or in the length of the alkyl bridge-..
- The dynamic viscoelasticity and water absorption characteristics of soft acrylic resin materials containing adipates and a maleate plasticizer
Liaison Center for Innovative Dentistry, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Dent Mater J 31:139-49. 2012
..These results suggest that it is possible to improve the durability of tissue conditioners by combining different polymers and plasticizers...
- Designing green plasticizers: influence of molecular geometry on biodegradation and plasticization properties
Hanno C Erythropel
McGill University, Department of Chemical Engineering, 3610 Rue University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Chemosphere 86:759-66. 2012
..The maleate ester had excellent plasticizing properties but this is mitigated by a significant resistance to biodegradation...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of maleic acid and ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid on endodontic pathogens
Nidambur Vasudev Ballal
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 112:696-700. 2011
- A comparative evaluation of postobturation apical seal following intracanal irrigation with maleic acid and EDTA: a dye leakage under vacuum study
Nidambur Vasudev Ballal
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:e126-30. 2010
..The aim of the study was to evaluate the postobturation apical seal following irrigation with 7% maleic acid (MA) or 17% EDTA using dye leakage under vacuum method...
- A comparative in vitro evaluation of cytotoxic effects of EDTA and maleic acid: root canal irrigants
N Vasudev Ballal
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:633-8. 2009
..The objective of this study was to compare aqueous solutions of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) with that of maleic acid (MA) for their cytotoxic effect on Chinese hamster fibroblasts (V79) cells growing in vitro...
- Evaluation of decalcifying effect of maleic acid and EDTA on root canal dentin using energy dispersive spectrometer
Nidambur Vasudev Ballal
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal University, Karnataka, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 112:e78-84. 2011
..The aim of this study was to evaluate mineral contents of root canal dentin after treatment with 7% maleic acid (MA) or 17% EDTA...
- Evaluation of methods for measuring cellular glutathione content using flow cytometry
D W Hedley
Department of Pathology, Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cytometry 15:349-58. 1994
..It is recommended that flow cytometric GSH assays should routinely include a sample of cells that have been depleted of GSH in order to determine the extent of background labeling...
- Nrf2 transcriptionally activates the mafG gene through an antioxidant response element
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:4483-90. 2005
..These results demonstrate that mafG is itself an ARE-dependent gene that is regulated by an Nrf2/small Maf heterodimer and suggest the presence of an autoregulatory feedback pathway for mafG transcriptional regulation...
- Genetic evidence that small maf proteins are essential for the activation of antioxidant response element-dependent genes
Center for TARA, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:8044-51. 2005
..These data explicitly demonstrate that small Mafs play critical roles in the inducible expression of a significant portion of ARE-dependent genes...
- Poly(styrene-alt-maleic anhydride) derivatives as potent anti-HIV microbicide candidates
Department of Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, and The Key Laboratory for Chemical Biology of Fujian Province, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, PR China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:1903-7. 2009
..Poly[styrene-alt-(maleic acid, sodium salt)] was the most potent inhibitor, being 100-fold more potent than dextran sulfate suggesting its potential application as a new class of polyanionic microbicides...
- Monomethylfumarate affects polarization of monocyte-derived dendritic cells resulting in down-regulated Th1 lymphocyte responses
Nicolle H R Litjens
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 34:565-75. 2004
..In addition, MMF inhibited LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation in DC. Together, beneficial effects of FAE in psoriasis involve modulation of DC polarization by MMF such that these cells down-regulate IFN-gamma production by Th cells...
- Generation of prooxidant conditions in intact cells to induce modifications of cell cycle regulatory proteins
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology, Universita di Napoli Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
Methods Enzymol 352:258-68. 2002
- Electrophile response element-mediated induction of the cystine/glutamate exchange transporter gene expression
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:44765-71. 2002
..EpRE occurs in a broad spectrum of genes for the proteins that are involved in the defense against xenobiotics and regulates their expression. The present results have demonstrated that xCT is a novel member of this protein family...
- Clinical long-term retention of etch-and-rinse and self-etch adhesive systems in non-carious cervical lesions. A 13 years evaluation
Jan W V van Dijken
Department of Odontology, Dental School Umeå, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Dent Mater 23:1101-7. 2007
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical long-term retention to dentin of seven adhesive systems...
- Effect of surface treatments on the bond strength of brackets bonded with a compomer
Unit of Orthodontics, Dental Clinic, University of Murcia, Hospital Morales Meseguer, Spain
Am J Dent 19:271-4. 2006
- Shear strength of sealants placed with non-rinse conditioning compared to a conventional acid etch-rinse technique
Anna B Fuks
Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Jerusalem, Israel
ASDC J Dent Child 69:239-42, 233. 2002
..No rinse conditioning with Dyract Seal led to a considerably lower bond strength value than Dyract Seal and Helioseal with phosphoric acid and rinsing...
- In vitro evaluation of the effect of a surfactant-containing experimental acid gel on sealant microleakage
H Cem Gungor
Department of Pedodontics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
Quintessence Int 33:679-84. 2002
- Comparison of microleakage on one composite etched with phosphoric acid or a combination of phosphoric and hydrofluoric acids and bonded with several different systems
Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 89:161-9. 2003
..There are no data available on whether or to what extent hydrofluoric acid affects the marginal integrity of dentin-bonded composite restorations when it is used instead of phosphoric acid in the total-etch technique...
- Er,Cr:YSGG laser pretreatment of primary teeth for bonded fissure sealant application: a quantitative microleakage study
S Burcak Cehreli
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 8:381-6. 2006
..This in vitro study was conducted in order to evaluate the potential use of Er,Cr:YSGG laser in the pretreatment of occlusal surfaces of primary teeth prior to bonded fissure sealant application...
- Effects of daily fluoride exposures on fluoride release by glass ionomer-based restoratives
Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program, Naval Dental Center, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Oper Dent 28:178-85. 2003
..Although subsequent daily fluoride release never approached that of Day 1, increasing daily fluoride exposures enhanced fluoride release for all three restorative materials...
- Noninvasive pit and fissure sealing: microtensile bond strength to intact bovine enamel of different pit and fissure sealants in a simplified fissure model
Department of Dental Materials and Restorative Dentistry, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte Viale Bracci, Siena, Italy
J Adhes Dent 8:375-80. 2006
..To measure the microtensile bond strength of different pit and fissure sealants in a simplified fissure model...
- Bond strength of glass-ionomer cements to caries-affected dentin
Regina Guenka Palma-Dibb
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brazil
J Adhes Dent 5:57-62. 2003
..The aim of this study was to assess the tensile bond strength of a resin-modified glass-ionomer cement (a: Fuji II LC) and three traditional glass-ionomer cements (b: Ketac-fil; c: Ketac Molar; d: Fuji IX) to caries-affected dentin...
- Zinc sulfate addition to glass-ionomer-based cements: influence on physical and antibacterial properties, zinc and fluoride release
Prudencio W R Osinaga
Department of Operative Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Dent Mater 19:212-7. 2003
- Marginal adaptation of self-etching adhesives in Class II cavities
Claus Peter Ernst
Department of Operative Dentistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Adhes Dent 4:223-31. 2002
- Bond strengths of porcelain laminate veneers to tooth surfaces prepared with acid and Er,Cr:YSGG laser etching
Department of Prosthodontics, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 90:24-30. 2003
..It has been reported that this system is also useful for preparing tooth surfaces for adhesion, but results to date have been controversial...
- Apical leakage in maxillary type IV premolars with three different endodontic treatments
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, University Clinic Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Assmanshauser Str 4 6, D 14197 Berlin, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 7:148-53. 2003
..The application of retrograde fillings using Ketac Fil must be considered critically...
- Effect of self-etching primer and adhesive formulations on the shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets
Zafer C Cehreli
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 127:573-9; quiz 625-6. 2005
..The aim of this study was to compare the shear bond strength of 4 self-etching primer and adhesive formulations, a nonrinse conditioner and acetone adhesive system, and a conventional system...
- Clinical performance of a non-rinse conditioning sealant in three paediatric dental practices: a retrospective study
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Paediatr Dent 15:61-6. 2005
..It may be appropriate for sealing primary molars of very young children for a limited period of time and for permanent molars of children with pronounced gag reflex, where rinsing can become a problem and lead to disruptive behaviour...
- Influence of salivary contamination on marginal microleakage of pit and fissure sealants
Maria Cristina Borsatto
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dent 17:365-7. 2004
..To assess quantitatively the influence of salivary contamination in vitro on marginal microleakage of pit and fissure sealants...
- Clinical evaluation of a polyacid-modified resin composite under different conditioning methods in primary teeth
Melek D Turgut
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Oper Dent 29:515-23. 2004
..Statistical analysis revealed no significant difference among each evaluation period between groups in regard to color match, marginal discoloration, marginal adaptation, secondary caries, surface texture, anatomic form and retention...
- Influence of chemo-mechanical caries removal on the surface topography of dental composite resin and glass-ionomer materials: an in vitro study
Department of Biomaterials, Göiteborg Universiy, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 62:137-42. 2004
..If dental filling materials of composite resin or glass-ionomer materials are exposed to Carisolv gel, no or only minor surface topographical changes can be expected. n..
- Microscopic evaluation of dentin interface obtained with 10 contemporary self-etching systems: correlation with their pH
Biomaterials Laboratory, Faculty of Odontology, University of Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Oper Dent 30:481-91. 2005
..The pH was not the determining factor conditioning the action of the self-etching adhesives...
- Self-etching primer and a non-rinse conditioner versus phosphoric acid: alternative methods for bonding brackets
Unit of Orthodontics, Dental Clinic, University of Murcia, Spain
Eur J Orthod 28:173-8. 2006
..000, respectively). NRC left significantly less adhesive than TSEP (P = 0.001). SEM observations showed that NRC produced a less aggressive etch pattern than TSEP, and that the etching effect of TSEP approximated that of phosphoric acid...
- Capillary flow porometry to assess the seal provided by root-end filling materials in a standardized and reproducible way
Mieke A A De Bruyne
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Dental School, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
J Endod 32:206-9. 2006
..This maximum pore diameter, which corresponds to the largest leak in the sample, together with the size of bacteria and their metabolites, will be indicative of the eventual leakage along the root-end filling materials...
- Influence of Er:YAG laser on tensile bond strength of a self-etching system and a flowable resin in different dentin depths
Aline Evangelista de Souza
J Dent 32:269-75. 2004
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tensile resistance of a flowable resin in different dentin depths, after superficial treatment with Er:YAG laser...
- In vitro evaluation of different techniques of enamel preparation for pit and fissure sealing
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Montrouge, France
J Adhes Dent 5:313-21. 2003
..To compare the penetration and the imperviousness of two pit and fissure sealants according to surface treatments involving different cleaning procedures with or without subsequent acid etching...
- Effects of different preparation techniques on the microleakage of compomer and resin fissure sealants
Department of Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Dent Child (Chic) 70:250-3. 2003
..The aim of this study was to compare the microleakage of a compomer and resin sealant in vitro using different surface preparation techniques...
- Simultaneous release of fluoride and aluminum from dental materials in various immersion media
Mitsue F Hayacibara
University of Campinas, Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Oper Dent 29:16-22. 2004
..The data suggest that the media used to evaluate the simultaneous release of F- and Al3+ should be taken into account when the anticariogenic potential of different dental materials is assessed...
- SEM evaluation of a non-rinse conditioner and a self-etching adhesive regarding enamel penetration
Mauro Sayãa Miranda
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Dental School, Department of Dentistry, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oper Dent 31:78-83. 2006
- Ultra-morphology of self-etching adhesives on ground enamel: a high resolution SEM study
Clinica Odontostomatologica, Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Trieste, Via Stuparich, 1, 34129, Trieste, Italy
Am J Dent 16:57A-62A. 2003
..To evaluate the effect of different commercial self-etching agents on enamel morphology using high-resolution in-lens scanning electron microscopy (FEISEM)...
- Influence of enamel surface preparation on composite bond strength
Adriana Bona Matos
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, São Paulo Dental School, Brazil
Am J Dent 16:37A-40A. 2003
..To evaluate the influence of air-particle abrasion and treatments on in vitro tensile bond strength of resin composite bonded to human enamel was evaluated using a single-bottle adhesive...
- Microleakage of a single-bottle adhesive system with 3 restorative materials: in vitro study and clinical considerations
Ziad D Baghdadi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Damascus University School of Dentistry, Damascus, Syria
Compend Contin Educ Dent 24:755-8, 760, 763 passim; quiz 772. 2003
..However, bonded amalgam restorations are more effective in reducing marginal microleakage, particularly at the dentinal margin...
- Microtensile bond strength of glass ionomer cements to artificially created carious dentin
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, Syracuse, NY, USA
Oper Dent 31:590-7. 2006
..SEM examination showed that the specimens determined to be cohesive failures under light microscopy in the Photac-Fil/Sound Dentin group were actually mixed failures under high magnification of SEM...
- The influence of various conditioner agents on the interdiffusion zone and microleakage of a glass lonomer cement with a high viscosity in primary teeth
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Oper Dent 30:105-12. 2005
..In conclusion, the application of conditioner agents to Class I cavities restored with glass ionomer cement with a high viscosity in vitro either diminishes or completely eliminates microleakage...
- Evaluation of the bonding mechanism of an adhesive material to primary teeth
Department of Dental Materials, College of Dental Medicine, University of Siena, Italy
J Dent Child (Chic) 71:54-60. 2004
- Effects of mechanical properties of adhesive resins on bond strength to dentin
Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University School of Dentistry, North 13, West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Dent Mater 18:263-8. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship between the micro-tensile bond strength to dentin and mechanical properties of the cured adhesive resins...
- A comparison of microtensile bond strengths of several dentin bonding systems to primary and permanent dentin
M F Burrow
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, 711 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
Dent Mater 18:239-45. 2002
..The bonded interfaces were also observed using field emission electron microscopy(FE-SEM)...
- The effect of thermocycling regimens on the nanoleakage of dentin bonding systems
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, 711 Elizabeth St, VIC 3000, Melbourne, Australia
Dent Mater 18:189-96. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to compare nanoleakage associated with polished and fractured specimens, and evaluate the effects of thermocycling on nanoleakage...
- Bonding of prosthetic composite material to Ti-6Al-7Nb alloy with eight metal conditioners and a surface modification technique
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
Am J Dent 14:291-4. 2001
- Cytotoxicity of modern dentin adhesives--in vitro testing on gingival fibroblasts
Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res 63:53-60. 2002
..Taking the limitations of an in vitro experiment into consideration, Prime&Bond NT, Optibond Solo, and Etch" 3.0 appear to be the most recommendable products, and Scotchbond 1 and Ariston Liner the least...
- Radiopacity of glass-ionomer/composite resin hybrid materials
A T Hara
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 12:85-9. 2001
..All hybrid materials were more radiopaque, except for one resin-modified glass-ionomer cement, than both the tooth structure and conventional glass-ionomer cement...
- Fluoride release and secondary caries inhibition by adhesive systems on root dentine
Anderson T Hara
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Av Limeira 901, Piracicaba, São Paulo 13414 903, Brazil
Eur J Oral Sci 113:245-50. 2005
..Although some dental adhesives were able to release fluoride, they could not inhibit secondary caries development as well as the glass-ionomer cement...
- Influence of time and thermocycling on marginal sealing of several dentin adhesive systems
Dental Pathology and Therapeutic Department, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Campus de Cartuja, Colegio Maximo s n 18071, Granada
Oper Dent 26:550-5. 2001
..All of the dentin adhesive groups showed minimal leakage at the enamel margins with increased leakage at the gingival margins. Optibond Solo showed the best outcomes among the dentin adhesives tested...
- Long-term fluoride release from a glass ionomer cement, a compomer, and from experimental resin composites
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Odontol Scand 60:93-7. 2002
..The release, however, was significantly lower than that from the glass ionomer cement and the compomer and ranged from 1.2 +/- 0.07 to 42 +/- 3.9 microg/cm2 at 1 year and from 2.3 +/- 0.16 to 79 +/- 6 microg/cm2 at 3 years...
- An in vitro study on restoring bond strength of a GIC to saliva contaminated enamel under unrinse condition
C N Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Dent 30:189-94. 2002
..This study attempted to find a method of restoring the tensile bond strength of glass ionomer cement (GIC) to saliva contaminated enamel under unrinse condition...
- Evaluation of a new silica whitening toothpaste containing blue covarine on the colour of anterior restoration materials in vitro
Alex T Ashcroft
Unilever Oral Care, Quarry Road East, Bebington, Wirral CH63 3JW, UK
J Dent 36:S26-31. 2008
..The aims of this study were to evaluate the effects of a novel silica-based blue covarine whitening toothpaste on the colour of anterior restoration materials...
- Cariostatic effect of fluoride-containing restorative systems associated with dentifrices on root dentin
Anderson Takeo Hara
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Piracicaba, University of Campinas UNICAMP, SP, Brazil
J Dent 30:205-12. 2002
..The aim of this in vitro study was to evaluate the interaction between two sources of fluoride (restorative systems and dentifrices) in inhibiting artificial root caries development...
- Extent of the cariostatic effect on root dentin provided by fluoride-containing restorative materials
A T Hara
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Oper Dent 27:480-7. 2002
..This study concluded that the extent of the cariostatic effect on root dentin was 300 microm for [Ke] and 150 microm for [Fj]. [Dy] and [Su] did not show any cariostatic effect...
- Clinical evaluation of a polyacid-modified resin composite (Dyract AP) in class I cavities: 5-year results
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 9:547-53. 2007
..This study evaluated the five-year clinical performance of Dyract AP, a polyacid-modified resin composite, in restorations of Class I carious lesions...
- Resistance of ten contemporary adhesives to resin-dentine bond degradation
Department of Dental Materials, Campus de Cartuja s n, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Dent 36:163-9. 2008
..To evaluate resin-dentine bond degradation after 1 year of water storage...
- Interfacial micromorphological differences in hybrid layer formation between water- and solvent-based dentin bonding systems
Geneviève L Gregoire
Biomaterials Laboratory, Faculty of Odontology, University of Toulouse III, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
J Prosthet Dent 87:633-41. 2002
..Many dentin bonding systems of different compositions, and in particular containing different solvents, have been introduced to the market. Their effect on the quality of the interface requires clarification by means of comparative trials...
- Infrared spectrometric study of acid-degradable glasses
E A P De Maeyer
Department of Dental Materials Science, Institute for Biomedical Technologies IBITECH, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185 P8, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Dent Res 81:552-5. 2002
..Preferential leaching of these ions induces an increase of asymmetric stretching vibration and a general modification of the band profile. The results can be correlated with the x-ray diffraction characteristics of the glass...
- Antimicrobial activity of N-acylphenothiazines and their influence on lipid model membranes and erythrocyte membranes
Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 53:590-9. 2003
..1) Among 24 phenothiazines, the antimicrobial activity of amino maleates was the highest...
- A theoretical study of the effect of a tetraalkylammonium counterion on the hydrogen bond strength in Z-hydrogen maleate
R D Bach
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:7134-45. 2001
..The calculated energy differences between the E- and Z-hydrogen maleates complexed to Me4N+, Et4N+, and Bu4N+ cation are 4.9 (B3LYP/6-31+G(d,p)) and 5.7 and 5.8 kcal/mol (B3LYP/6-31G(d))...
- Determination of fatty alcohol ethoxylates with diphenic anhydride derivatization and liquid chromatography with spectrophotometric detection: a comparative study with other anhydrides
Departament de Quimica Analitica, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1216:3023-30. 2009
..the FAE diphenates, resulting in lower limits of detection at both wavelengths for the diphenates than for the maleates and phthalates (up to 30 and 4.3 times lower at 220 nm, respectively)...
- Inhibition of P-glycoprotein transport function by N-acylphenothiazines
Department of Biophysics, Wroclaw Medical University, ul Chalubinskiego 10, 50 368 Wroclaw, Poland
Anticancer Res 22:2863-7. 2002
..Phenothiazine maleates probably interact with transporter proteins of cancer cells by a different mechanism than other phenothiazine ..
- Reactivity of vinyl ethers and vinyl ribosides in UV-initiated free radical copolymerization with acceptor monomers
Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Institut de Chimie Moleculaire de Reims, CNRS UMR 6229, Moulin de la Housse, BP 1039, 51687 Reims Cedex 2, France
Biomacromolecules 11:2415-21. 2010
..A lower reactivity of the blends containing maleates compared with fumarates was confirmed...
- Synthesis, structural, optical and thermal studies of an organic nonlinear optical 4-aminopyridinium maleate single crystal
Department of Physics, Presidency College, Chennai, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 88:77-81. 2012
..The Kurtz and Perry powder SHG technique confirms the NLO property of the grown crystal and the SHG efficiency of 4APM was found to be 4.8 times greater than that of KDP crystal...
- Comparative investigation of a dentifrice containing triclosan/copolymer/sodium fluoride and specially-designed silica and a dentifrice containing 0.243% sodium fluoride in a silica base for the control of established supra-gingival plaque and gingivitis:
Dental Products Testing, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
Am J Dent 24:21A-27A. 2011
..To investigate the efficacy of a dentifrice containing 0.3% triclosan, 2.0% PVM/MA copolymer, 0.243% sodium fluoride, and specially-designed silica in controlling established dental plaque and gingivitis...
- Separation and recovery of lead from a low concentration solution of lead(II) and zinc(II) using the hydrolysis production of poly styrene-co-maleic anhydride
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, PR China
J Hazard Mater 203:183-7. 2012
..Both the PSMA and the Pb-PSMA complex were characterized by means of FTIR spectroscopy, elemental analysis, gel permeation chromatography (GPC) and atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS)...
- [The correlation of tolerance to cerebral ischemia and body temperature with glutathione concentration]
V I Kulinskii
Biomed Khim 49:424-33. 2003
..Evidently one of the two opposite GSH effects, sensitizing or protecting one, can predominate in different forms of cerebral ischemia...
- Using DGGE and 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis to evaluate changes in oral bacterial composition
College of Dentistry, New York University, NY, USA
Chin J Dent Res 14:95-103. 2011
- Synthesis of microwave-assisted poly(methyl vinyl ether-co-maleic anhydride)-bovine serum albumin bioconjugates
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Department of Bioengineering, Uskudar University, Uskudar, Istanbul, Turkey
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 40:363-8. 2012
..The reaction time is shortened from 17 hours to 15 minutes by means of the microwave-assisted method...
- Comparison of pulse activation vs conventional light-curing on marginal adaptation of a compomer conditioned using a total-etch or a self-etch technique
Faculty of Dentistry, The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong
Dent Mater 18:36-48. 2002
..The 'pulse activation' curing technique was compared with a conventional light-curing technique for their effectiveness in reducing marginal gaps in restorations that were conditioned with three different protocols. MATERIALS and..
- Preparation of low molecular weight N-maleated chitosan-graft-PAMAM copolymer for enhanced DNA complexation
Department of Polymer Science and Technology, University of Calcutta, 92 A P C Road, Kolkata 9, India
Int J Biol Macromol 51:859-67. 2012
..Thus, the synthesized NMC-graft-PAMAM copolymers have great potential of finding application in drug and gene delivery...
- CO₂ and O₂ respiration kinetics in hydrocarbon contaminated soils amended with organic carbon sources used to determine catabolic diversity
The Food and Environment Research Agency, Sand Hutton, York YO41 1LZ, UK
Environ Pollut 176:42-7. 2013
- Cellular redox state protects acetaldehyde-induced alteration in cardiomyocyte function by modifying Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum
Department of Cell Physiology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H121-33. 2008
..The present results suggest that acetaldehyde acts as an RyR2 activator to disturb cardiac muscle function, and redox potential protects the heart from acetaldehyde-induced alterations in myocytes...
- Synthesis and evaluation of poly(styrene-co-maleic acid) micellar nanocarriers for the delivery of tanespimycin
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Int J Pharm 420:111-7. 2011
..These data suggest further investigation of SMA-tanespimycin as a promising agent in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- T-817MA, a novel neurotrophic agent, improves sodium nitroprusside-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in cortical neurons
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Neurochem Int 48:124-30. 2006
..These results suggest that T-817MA improves SNP-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in cortical neurons in a newly synthesized protein-mediated mechanism and this effect contributes to its neuroprotective effect...
- Disruption of BCAA metabolism in mice impairs exercise metabolism and endurance
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:941-9. 2010
..Thus BCAA metabolism may regulate exercise capacity in mice...
- Citric-acid-derived photo-cross-linked biodegradable elastomers
Department of Bioengineering, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:1761-82. 2010
..The development of POMC enriches the family of citric-acid-derived biodegradable elastomers and expands the available biodegradable polymers for versatile needs in biomedical applications...
- Inhibitory effects of antrodins A-E from Antrodia cinnamomea and their metabolites on hepatitis C virus protease
Do Thi Phuong
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Sugitani 2630, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Phytother Res 23:582-4. 2009
..These results strongly support the use of this folk medicine for liver cancer and HCV infection which is a global problem...
- Kinetic and theoretical studies on the mechanism of intramolecular catalysis in phenyl ester hydrolysis
Gabriel O Andrés
Instituto de Investigaciones en Físico Química de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Departamento de Quimica Organica, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
J Org Chem 71:7650-6. 2006
The kinetic study of the hydrolysis reaction of Z-substituted phenyl hydrogen maleates (Z = H, m-CH3, p-CH3, m-Cl, p-Cl and m-CN) was carried out in aqueous solution, and the results were complemented with theoretical studies...
- An international multicenter study on the effectiveness of a denture adhesive in maxillary dentures using disposable gnathometers
Cees de Baat
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dentistry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Investig 11:237-43. 2007
..The effect of the denture adhesive on the maximum incisal force of complete maxillary dentures was statistically significant in previous as well as new dentures, being more pronounced in previous than in new dentures...
- Linear conformation of poly(styrene-alt-maleic anhydride) capable of self-assembly: a result of chain stiffening by internal hydrogen bonds
Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and Pulp and Paper Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Phys Chem B 109:7022-32. 2005
..This linearity does not depend on the chirality of the polymer. The linearity of the chain occurs only at intermediate pH and can explain the association among the chains observed by dynamic light scattering at pH 7...
- Controlling biofilm with evidence-based dentifrices
Sebastian G Ciancio
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, State University of New York SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 32:70-6. 2011
..The dental profession should feel confident to recommend its use to patients to improve oral health and maintain or promote overall health...
- Labeling of islet cells with iron oxide nanoparticles through DNA hybridization for highly sensitive detection by MRI
Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 21:7175-81. 2013
..The SPIO-labeled islet cells could be clearly detected as dark spots by T2(*)-weighted MR image, whereas non-labeled islet cells could not be detected...
- Layer-by-layer assembly and characterization of multilayers of a manganese porphyrin linked poly(4-vinylpyridinium) derivative and poly(styrenesulfonic acid-o-maleic) acid
Hong lei Wang
Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Langmuir 27:9880-9. 2011
..The charge-transfer process was also investigated. Finally, the present MnTMPyP-PVPMe/PSS multilayers were used as a heterogeneous catalyst for the decoloration of an azo dye...
- Dual pH-sensitive layer-by-layer films containing amphoteric poly(diallylamine-co-maleic acid)
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 399:26-32. 2013
..The effect of salt concentration was attributed to partial breakage of the ion pairing between PDAMA and the counter polymers as a result of competitive binding with Na(+) and Cl(-) ions...
- Derivatisation of carboxylic acid groups in pharmaceuticals for enhanced detection using liquid chromatography with electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometry
Andrew J Cartwright
University of Plymouth, Speciation and Environmental Analysis Research Group, School of Earth Ocean and Environmental Sciences, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:1058-62. 2005
..The method was successfully used for the determination of sorbic acid in a sample of Panadol. The derivatisation of salicylic acid was not as successful, probably due to poor reaction efficiency...
- The effect of fluoride application on fluoride release and the antibacterial action of glass ionomers
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Dent Res 72:1310-4. 1993
..Large amounts of fluoride were found in the fluid and cells. For old glass ionomers, no inhibitory effect on pH fall could be seen. Fluoride release had decreased to a low level.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- The effect of flexural load cycling on the microleakage of cervical resin composites
Department of Endodontics and Operative Dentistry, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Sakamoto, Japan
Oper Dent 26:451-9. 2001
..However, only Clearfil Photo Bond demonstrated a significant increase in microleakage along the apical dentin margins. Linguo-labial loading had no significant effect on the marginal seal...
- Clinical effect of a new liquid dentifrice containing triclosan/copolymer on existing plaque and gingivitis
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Am Dent Assoc 133:219-25. 2002
- Enamel de/remineralization on teeth adjacent to fluoride releasing materials without dentifrice exposure
A M Bynum
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Pediatric Dentistry 78284 7914, USA
ASDC J Dent Child 66:89-92, 84. 1999
..05) compared to the brushed amalgam group...