Genomes and Genes
Summary: Polymerized methyl methacrylate monomers which are used as sheets, moulding, extrusion powders, surface coating resins, emulsion polymers, fibers, inks, and films (From International Labor Organization, 1983). This material is also used in tooth implants, bone cements, and hard corneal contact lenses.
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- Ultra-high-modulus polyethylene ribbon as reinforcement for denture polymethyl methacrylate: a short communicationP K Vallittu
NIOM, Scandinavian Institute of Dental Materials, Haslum, Norway
Dent Mater 13:381-2. 1997..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of polyethylene fiber ribbon on the transverse strength of denture base polymer...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: risk factors for recurrenceFrank M Klenke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:591-9. 2011..However, the best treatment of these tumors and risk factors for recurrence remain controversial...
- In vitro activities of daptomycin-, vancomycin-, and teicoplanin-loaded polymethylmethacrylate against methicillin-susceptible, methicillin-resistant, and vancomycin-intermediate strains of Staphylococcus aureusYuhan Chang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5480-4. 2011..Regarding the choice of antibiotics for cement loading in the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus infection, teicoplanin was superior in terms of antibacterial effects...
- Biomechanical comparison of different techniques in primary spinal surgery in osteoporotic cadaveric lumbar vertebrae: expansive pedicle screw versus polymethylmethacrylate-augmented pedicle screwDa Liu
Department of Orthopaedics, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1227-32. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the stability of EPS and PMMA-PS in primary spinal surgery...
- An intraoperatively moulded PMMA prostheses like spacer for two-stage revision of infected total knee arthroplastySandro Kohl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Knee 18:464-9. 2011..The use of this spacer is a time sparing, cheap and convenient option in 2-stage TKA revision...
- Intacs insertion with the femtosecond laser for the management of keratoconus: one-year resultsAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2039-42. 2006..To assess the outcomes of intrastromal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology) implantation for keratoconus using the femtosecond laser...
- Biomechanical study of pedicle screw fixation in severely osteoporotic boneStephen D Cook
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1430 Tulane Avenue, SL 32, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Spine J 4:402-8. 2004..An expandable pedicle screw design has been shown to significantly improve fixation compared to a conventional screw in poor quality bone...
- Bone substitutes in vertebroplastyP F Heini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine Service, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 10:S205-13. 2001..Animal studies confirm their biocompatibility and osteoconductivity. However, handling problems and the limited radiopacity of these cements currently preclude their clinical use...
- Mechanical and histological evaluation of a PMMA-based bone cement modified with gamma-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane and calcium acetateTadashi Tsukeoka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8677, Japan
Biomaterials 27:3897-903. 2006..The modification was found to be effective in enabling osteoconduction with PMMA bone cement, thus providing stable fixation for a long period after implantation...
- Primary pedicle screw augmentation in osteoporotic lumbar vertebrae: biomechanical analysis of pedicle fixation strengthDaniel J Burval
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1077-83. 2007..Pedicle screw pullout testing in osteoporotic and control human cadaveric vertebrae, comparing augmented and control vertebrae...
- Biomechanical evaluation of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty with polymethyl methacrylate or calcium phosphate cement under cyclic loadingHans Joachim Wilke
Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2934-41. 2006..We developed a new method to simulating in vivo dynamic loading as closely as possible, which allows comparison of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty, as well as augmentation materials...
- An evaluation of the surface changes in PMMA biomaterial formulations as a result of toothbrush/dentifrice abrasionR Richmond
The University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, M15 6HF Manchester, UK
Dent Mater 20:124-32. 2004..A fourth group of specimens (prepared from Trevalon using the injection-molding procedure) was compared to the compression-molded specimens...
- Biomechanical analysis of different techniques in revision spinal instrumentation: larger diameter screws versus cement augmentationDirk W Kiner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN 37415, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2618-22. 2008..Biomechanical analysis...
- Anterior spinal column augmentation with injectable bone cementsJorrit Jan Verlaan
Department of Orthopaedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 27:290-301. 2006..b>Polymethyl methacrylate cement is the bone void filler that is used most frequently, although the application of calcium ..
- NF-kB signaling blockade abolishes implant particle-induced osteoclastogenesisJohn C Clohisy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, Suite 11300, West Pavillion, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Orthop Res 22:13-20. 2004..Again, this inhibitor efficiently blocked particle-induced osteoclastogenesis. Thus, we have shown that pharmaceutical and molecular blockade of NF-kB activation inhibits PMMA particle-directed osteoclastogenesis in vitro...
- Clinical outcome in cranioplasty: critical review in long-term follow-upAndrea Moreira-Gonzalez
Institute for Craniofacial and Reconstructive Surgery, Southfield, Michigan 48075, USA
J Craniofac Surg 14:144-53. 2003..If this is adopted, good results and a satisfactory outcome can be achieved on long-term follow-up...
- Micro and nano MgO particles for the improvement of fracture toughness of bone-cement interfacesMORSHED KHANDAKER
Department of Engineering and Physics, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK 73034, USA
J Biomech 46:1035-9. 2013..0001). Results indicated that the addition of the micro and nano MgO particles to PMMA improved the quality of bone-cement union...
- Antibacterial and mechanical properties of bone cement impregnated with chitosan nanoparticlesZhilong Shi
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge, Singapore 119260, Singapore
Biomaterials 27:2440-9. 2006..These results indicate a new promising strategy for combating joint implant infection...
- Water absorption of poly(methyl methacrylate) measured by vertical interference microscopyMambaye N'diaye
GEROM Groupe Etudes Remodelage Osseux et bioMatériaux LHEA, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, LUNAM Université, CHU d Angers, Angers, France
Langmuir 28:11609-14. 2012..Swelling parameters correlated with the nanoindentation data. PMMA can swell by absorbing a small amount of water and this induces a swelling that varies with the polymer composition and particle inclusions...
- Asymptomatic diffuse pulmonary embolism caused by acrylic cement: an unusual complication of percutaneous vertebroplastyJ Bernhard
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, University Hospital, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Ann Rheum Dis 62:85-6. 2003
- High rate of aminoglycoside resistance among staphylococci causing prosthetic joint infectionPaloma Anguita-Alonso
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 439:43-7. 2005..The findings suggest that consideration should be given to the further study of agents other than aminoglycosides for incorporation into polymethylmethacrylate for the treatment and prevention of prosthetic joint infection...
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty for the treatment of burst fractures. Case reportJyi Feng Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung University and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurosurg Spine 1:228-31. 2004..The authors propose this procedure as a useful intervention in selected patients with lumbar burst fractures. The complications associated with major surgical procedures are absent...
- Effect of polymerization temperature and time on the residual monomer content of denture base polymersP K Vallittu
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Finland
Eur J Oral Sci 106:588-93. 1998..The results of this study suggest that the polymerization temperature and polymerization time considerably affect the residual MMA content of denture base polymers...
- Sensitivity of Candida albicans biofilm cells grown on denture acrylic to antifungal proteins and chlorhexidineChristopher R Pusateri
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Arch Oral Biol 54:588-94. 2009..albicans biofilm cells compared to planktonic cells and measured whether surface treatment of denture acrylic with Hst 5, hBD-3, or chlorhexidine gluconate could inhibit in vitro biofilm development...
- Evaluation of calcium sulfate paste for augmentation of lumbar pedicle screw pullout strengthMichael T Rohmiller
Vanderbilt University, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Vanderbilt University Spine Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Spine J 2:255-60. 2002..Calcium sulfate is an alternative to PMMA, because it lacks the exothermic reaction, is potentially osteoconductive and is resorbed by the body in 30 to 60 days...
- Long-term follow-up of intrastromal corneal ring segments in keratoconusLeonardo Torquetti
Clinica de Olhos Paulo Ferrara, Avenida Contorno 4747, Sala 615, LifeCenter, Funcionários, Belo Horizonte, MG 30110 031, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1768-73. 2009..To report the long-term follow-up of Ferrara intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation for the management of keratoconus...
- The influence of nano MgO and BaSO4 particle size additives on properties of PMMA bone cementAlyssa Ricker
Divisions of Engineering and Orthopaedics, 184 Hope Street, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 3:125-32. 2008..This study, thus, suggests that nanoparticles of MgO and BaSO4 should be further studied for improving properties of PMMA for orthopedic applications...
- One-year results of intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation (KeraRing) using femtosecond laser in patients with keratoconusEfekan Coskunseven
Dunya Eye Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Ophthalmol 145:775-9. 2008..To report the results of intrastromal corneal ring segment [ICRS] (KeraRing; Mediphacos, Belo Horizonte, Brazil) implantation using a femtosecond laser (IntraLase Corp, Irvine, California, USA) in keratoconic patients...
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty: indications, technique, and resultsAfshin Gangi
Department of Radiology, University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Radiographics 23:e10. 2003..The risk of leak is substantially reduced. The system is safe, reduces the cement manipulation time, and allows excellent control of the injection. The authors performed 130 vertebroplasties with this system without major complications...
- Daptomycin treatment of Staphylococcus aureus experimental chronic osteomyelitisMark S Rouse
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:301-5. 2006..Daptomycin is a cyclic lipopeptide anti-infective with activity against MRSA, approved for treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections. Daptomycin may be useful in systemic or local treatment of chronic osteomyelitis...
- Polymethylmethacrylate augmentation of pedicle screw for osteoporotic spinal surgery: a novel techniqueMing Chau Chang
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E317-24. 2008..A retrospective study to evaluate the clinical results of patients with osteoporosis and various spinal diseases treated surgically with polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) augmented pedicle screw...
- Staphylococcus aureus biofilm formation on different gentamicin-loaded polymethylmethacrylate bone cementsH van de Belt
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 22:1607-11. 2001..Summarising, this study demonstrates that although gentamicin loading of bone cements yields reductions in biofilm formation, S. aureus is able to grow on gentamicin-loaded bone cements...
- Human histology and persistence of various injectable filler substances for soft tissue augmentationGottfried Lemperle
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Aesthetic Plast Surg 27:354-66; discussion 367. 2003..Since the mechanism of late inflammation or granuloma formation is still unknown, early histological findings are not useful in predicting possible late reactions to filler substances...
- Local recurrence of giant cell tumor of bone after intralesional treatment with and without adjuvant therapyWolfgang T Becker
Orthopädische Klinik Volmarstein, Universitat Witten Herdecke, Wetter, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1060-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to analyze the rates of recurrence following different types of treatment as well as the influence of various factors of tumor presentation on those rates...
- Posterior foraminotomy or anterior discectomy with polymethyl methacrylate interbody stabilization for cervical soft disc disease: results in 292 patients with monoradiculopathyMarcus C Korinth
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1207-14; discussion 1215-6. 2006Retrospective study of patients who underwent either ventral microdiscectomy and polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) interbody stabilization or posterior foraminotomy for the treatment of cervical monoradiculopathy caused by soft disc disease.
- In vitro release of antibiotics from commercial PMMA beads and articulating hip spacersDirk Jan F Moojen
Department of Orthopaedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Arthroplasty 23:1152-6. 2008..001). Despite the efficacy of high-dose antibiotic bone cement spacers, we believe one should be cautious toward using low-dose antibiotic bone cement for spacers because this could result in an unsuccessful eradication of infection...
- Vertebroplasty: clinical experience and follow-up resultsJ B Martin
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital HUG, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Bone 25:11S-15S. 1999..Control of PMMA volume seems to be the most critical point for avoiding complications. A good fluoroscopy control is therefore mandatory...
- Augmentation of pedicle screw fixation strength using an injectable calcium phosphate cement as a function of injection timing and methodSusan M Renner
Department of Bioengineering, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:E212-6. 2004..Axial pullout tests using fresh cadaveric thoracolumbar vertebral bodies...
- Map kinase c-JUN N-terminal kinase mediates PMMA induction of osteoclastsY Yamanaka
Department of Orthopaedics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Orthop Res 24:1349-57. 2006..We have also found that polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) particles stimulate osteoclastogenesis, at least in part, by induction of RANKL, TNF, and by ..
- Giant-cell tumor of the distal forearmNeil G Harness
Orthopaedic Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:188-93. 2004..We have studied the results from our institution for 49 patients with giant-cell tumors of the distal forearm treated from 2 to 28 years (mean, 14 +/- 7 years) and compared the results for different methods of treatment...
- Biomechanical and morphological corneal response to placement of intrastromal corneal ring segments for keratoconusCaroline Dauwe
Department of Ophthalmology, Reference National Centers for Keratoconus, Bordeaux University, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1761-7. 2009..To evaluate the biomechanical and morphological changes in keratoconic corneas after Intacs intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation...
- Palamed G compared with Palacos R with gentamicin in Charnley total hip replacement. A randomised, radiostereometric study of 60 HIPSG Hallan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1143-8. 2006..No differences were found between the groups. Both bone cements provided good initial fixation of the femoral component and good clinical results at two years...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: treatment and outcome of 214 casesMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:969-78. 2008..Two hundred and fourteen patients with benign giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB), treated from 1980 to 2007 at the Department of Orthopedics of the University of Muenster (Germany), were analyzed in a retrospective study...
- Comparative study of antimicrobial release kinetics from polymethylmethacrylatePaloma Anguita-Alonso
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 445:239-44. 2006..Cefazolin, ciprofloxacin, gatifloxacin, levofloxacin, linezolid, and rifampin may be suitable for incorporation into polymethylmethacrylate for management of orthopaedic infections...
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty in metastatic disease: transpedicular access and treatment of lysed pedicles--initial experienceJean Baptiste Martin
Department of Radiology, Geneva University Hospital, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Radiology 229:593-7. 2003..In all cases, a radiologically satisfactory filling of both the affected pedicle and the vertebral body was achieved. Clinically effective pain relief was obtained in 24 (75%) of 32 patients, and no clinical complications were observed...
- Fabrication and characterization of poly(methylmethacrylate) microfluidic devices bonded using surface modifications and solventsLaurie Brown
Department of Chemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Lab Chip 6:66-73. 2006..The bond strength decreased with increasing surface hydrophilicity after solvent bonding, a trend that was opposite to what was observed for non-solvent thermal bonding...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in surface enhanced poly(methyl methacrylate) microchannelsYunling Bai
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, 140 West 19th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 98:328-39. 2007..With the high sensitivity, short assay time, and small reagent consumption, the microchannel ELISA can be economically used for fast detection of E. coli O157:H7...
- Long-term follow-up of Intacs in keratoconusGeorge D Kymionis
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Am J Ophthalmol 143:236-244. 2007..To evaluate long-term follow-up of Intacs microthin prescription inserts (Addition Technology, Inc, Fremont, California, USA) for the management of keratoconus...
- Electrophysiological recordings of single ion channels in planar lipid bilayers using a polymethyl methacrylate microfluidic chipHiroaki Suzuki
Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8505, Japan
Biosens Bioelectron 22:1111-5. 2007..V., Noji, H., Takeuchi, S., 2006. Highly reproducible method of planar lipid bilayer reconstitution in polymethyl methacrylate microfluidic chip...
- Intacs for keratoconusYaron S Rabinowitz
Ophthalmology Research, Cornea Genetic Eye Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 18:279-83. 2007..The use of Intacs as a therapeutic modality in contact lens intolerant patients with mild to moderate keratoconus is increasingly gaining acceptance in the ophthalmic community...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediates polymethylmethacrylate particle-induced NF-kappaB activation in osteoclast precursor cellsJohn C Clohisy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Orthop Res 20:174-81. 2002..Thus, PMMA particle activation of NF-kappaB is a secondary event resulting from enhanced TNF expression and is independent of LPS contamination...
- NFAT2 is an essential mediator of orthopedic particle-induced osteoclastogenesisYasuhiro Yamanaka
Department of Orthopedics, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Hospital Plaza, 11300 West Pavilion, Campus Box 8233, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Orthop Res 26:1577-84. 2008..Thus, our findings demonstrate that activation of the NFAT pathway in conjunction with MAP kinases is essential for basal and PMMA-stimulated osteoclastogenesis...
- Efficacy of denture cleansers on Candida spp. biofilm formed on polyamide and polymethyl methacrylate resinsFrederico Silva de Freitas Fernandes
Department of Prosthodontics and Periodontology, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 105:51-8. 2011..Although new materials have emerged as options to fabricate removable dental prostheses, the development of Candida biofilms on these materials and the effectiveness of methods to control these pathogenic biofilms are poorly understood...
- A mixed mode fracture toughness test of bone-biomaterial interfacesX Wang
Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at San Antonio, 78249, USA
J Biomed Mater Res 53:664-72. 2000..It is expected that the mixed mode technique can provide an effective means for investigators to study the mechanical integrity of bone-biomaterial interfaces under complex loading conditions...
- Shear bond strength and failure types of polymethyl methacrylate denture base resin and titanium treated with surface conditionerHyun Pil Lim
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University, Bukgu, Gwangju, Korea
Int J Prosthodont 23:246-8. 2010This study compared the shear bond strength and failure types of a polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) denture base resin to commercially pure (CP) titanium, Ti-6Al-4V alloy, and cobalt-chromium alloy using a metal surface conditioner...
- Comparative effects of denture cleansers on physical properties of polyamide and polymethyl methacrylate base polymersRukiye Durkan
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Dent Mater J 32:367-75. 2013..A significant decrease in hardness was observed for all resins except Rodex after immersion (p<0.05). The denture cleansers changed the roughness, hardness and color of some resins...
- Cranioplasty using polymethyl methacrylate prosthesesSai Cheung Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Clin Neurosci 16:56-63. 2009In this retrospective study we attempted to assess the clinical performance of prefabricated polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) prostheses and to determine whether they outperform intra-operatively moulded PMMA prostheses in reducing ..
- Evaluation of the abrasiveness of dentifrices for complete denturesMarina Xavier Pisani
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Prosthodont 19:369-73. 2010..This study analyzed the surface roughness and weight loss in Plex Glass specimens caused by dentifrices, one conventional (Sorriso) and three specific for dentures...
- Bone-cement interfacial behaviour under mixed mode loading conditionsJ Y Wang
Mechanical Behaviour of Materials Laboratory, Department of Mechanical and Design Engineering, University of Portsmouth, UK
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 3:392-8. 2010..The implications of the work on the studies of cemented joint replacements are also discussed...
- Comparison of a new bisphenol-a-glycidyl dimethacrylate-based cortical bone void filler with polymethyl methacrylateE M Erbe
Eur Spine J 10:S147-52. 2001..was compared with Simplex P polymethyl methacrylate (Stryker Howmedica Osteonics, East Rutherford, N.J...
- Abrasiveness of conventional and specific denture-cleansing dentifricesDanilo Balero Sorgini
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo
Braz Dent J 23:154-9. 2012..In the other times, Sorriso, Colgate and Corega caused more surface roughness than DW. In conclusion, specific dentifrices caused larger mass loss and lower surface roughness as conventional dentifrice...
- The impact of facial lipoatrophy treatment with polymethyl methacrylate in AIDS patients as measured by four quality-of-life questionnairesM Warde
Division of Plastic Surgery, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J STD AIDS 22:596-9. 2011..We measured the impact of the treatment of facial lipoatrophy with polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) in the QOL of patients with HIV/AIDS by using four questionnaires that address QOL...
- The long-term in vivo behavior of polymethyl methacrylate bone cement in total hip arthroplastyHiroyuki Oonishi
H Oonishi Memorial Joint Replacement Institute, Tominaga Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Acta Orthop 82:553-8. 2011..However, there is concern about the durability of bone cement in vivo. We evaluated the physical and chemical properties of CMW1 bone cements retrieved from patients undergoing revision THA...
- Highly efficient circulating tumor cell isolation from whole blood and label-free enumeration using polymer-based microfluidics with an integrated conductivity sensorAndre A Adams
Department of Chemistry, Center for BioModular Multi Scale Systems, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:8633-41. 2008..The simplicity in manufacturing the device and its ease of operation make it attractive for clinical applications requiring one-time use operation...
- Paradoxical cerebral arterial embolization of cement during intraoperative vertebroplasty: case reportRebecca Scroop
Department of Neuroradiology, Flinders Medical Center, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park, SA, Australia
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:868-70. 2002..Although this was an open procedure, the technical aspects were the same as for vertebroplasty and the precautions should be applied to percutaneous vertebroplasty...
- Treatment of thoracolumbar burst fractures with polymethyl methacrylate vertebroplasty and short-segment pedicle screw fixationDer Yang Cho
Department of Neurosurgery, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neurosurgery 53:1354-60; discussion 1360-1. 2003We aimed to evaluate the efficacy of reinforcing short-segment pedicle screw fixation with polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) vertebroplasty in patients with thoracolumbar burst fractures.
- A simplified technique for polymethyl methacrylate cranioplasty: combined cotton stacking and finger fracture methodWoon Man Kung
Department of Neurosurgery, Taipei City Hospital, Zhong Xiao Branch, Taipei, Taiwan
Brain Inj 26:1737-42. 2012b>Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) is one of the most frequently used cranioplasty materials. However, limitations exist with PMMA cranioplasty including longer operative time, greater blood loss and a higher infection rate...
- Histologic changes after vertebroplastyJ J Verlaan
University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:1230-8. 2004..Furthermore, we assessed whether a defect in the end plate, simulating end-plate fracture and allowing for direct contact of cement with disc tissue, had any effect on end-plate or disc degeneration...
- Soft tissue extension increases the risk of local recurrence after curettage with adjuvants for giant-cell tumor of the long bonesL van der Heijden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 83:401-5. 2012..The aim of the study was the identification of individual risk factors after curettage with adjuvants in GCTB...
- [Optimized polymethyl methacrylate-embedding enables exact section examination of the femur with an uncemented femoral stem]F Martini
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik an der Eberhard Karls Universität, Tubingen, Germany
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 139:531-5. 2001..Thus, modifications with respect to the infiltration times in the individual solutions, the benzoyl peroxide quantities added and the temperature during the polymerization phase were undertaken...
- Intraocular lens factors that may affect anterior capsule contractionKen Hayashi
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Ophthalmology 112:286-92. 2005..To examine the various factors comprising intraocular lenses (IOLs) that may affect the degree of anterior capsule contraction after cataract surgery...
- New bioactive glass-ceramic: synthesis and application in PMMA bone cement compositesHamizah Abd Samad
School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Engineering Campus, Penang, Malaysia
Biomed Mater Eng 21:247-58. 2011..In contrast, dough time was observed to decrease with increased filler loading. Apatite morphology was observed on the surface of the glass-ceramic and selected cement after bioactivity test...
- The chemistry of acrylic bone cements and implications for clinical use in image-guided therapyDavid A Nussbaum
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:121-6. 2004..This information will allow interventional radiologists to manipulate bone cement characteristics for specific applications and maximize the clinical potential of image-guided interventions...
- Antibiotic-releasing porous polymethylmethacrylate/gelatin/antibiotic constructs for craniofacial tissue engineeringMeng Shi
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, TX, USA
J Control Release 152:196-205. 2011....
- Cytotoxicity of silica-glass fiber reinforced compositesGökçe Meriç
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dent Mater 24:1201-6. 2008..The aim of this in vitro study was to determine the cytotoxicity of two polymers reinforced with two differently sized silica-glass fibers before and after thermal cycling. Cytotoxicity of the polymers without fibers was also evaluated...
- Release of dibenzoyl peroxide from polymethyl methacrylate denture base resins: an in vitro evaluationArne F Boeckler
Department of Prosthodontics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Grosse Steinstrasse 19, 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
Dent Mater 24:1602-7. 2008Dibenzoyl peroxide (BPO), an initiator in polymethyl methacrylate denture base resins, has been associated with allergic reactions in human patients...
- Theoretical prediction and experimental determination of the effect of mold characteristics on temperature and monomer conversion fraction profiles during polymerization of a PMMA-based bone cementClaudia I Vallo
Institute of Materials Science and Technology INTEMA, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata National Research Council CONICET, Av Juan B Justo 4302 7600 Mar del Plata, Argentina
J Biomed Mater Res 63:627-42. 2002..The use of thin cement layers is recommended to diminish the risk of thermal injury; however, it is accompanied by an increase in the amount of unreacted monomer present in the cured material...
- Influence of polymerization conditions on monomer elution and microhardness of autopolymerized polymethyl methacrylate resinShyh Yuan Lee
Faculty of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Oral Sci 110:179-83. 2002..The intent of this study was to systemically evaluate the effects of curing conditions on provisional polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) resins which utilize a free-radical polymerization reaction...
- A bone substitute composed of polymethylmethacrylate and alpha-tricalcium phosphate: results in terms of osteoblast function and bone tissue formationMilena Fini
Servizio di Chirurgia Sperimentale, Istituto di Ricerca Codivilla Putti, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Biomaterials 23:4523-31. 2002....
- Cement leakage causes potential thermal injury in vertebroplastyPo Liang Lai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:116. 2011..However, the exothermic polymerization of bone cement may cause osseous or neural tissue injury. This study is thus designed to evaluate the potential risk of thermal damage in percutaneous vertebroplasty...
- Outcome of in-the-bag implanted square-edge polymethyl methacrylate intraocular lenses with and without primary posterior capsulotomy in pediatric traumatic cataractNeelam Verma
Advanced Eye Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 59:347-51. 2011To study the outcome of in-the-bag implanted square-edge polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) intraocular lenses (IOL) with and without primary posterior capsulotomy in pediatric traumatic cataract.
- Extending polymerization time of polymethylmethacrylate cement in percutaneous vertebroplasty with ice bath coolingRam Chavali
Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:545-6. 2003..We have been using this technique since mid-1998, treating more than 600 vertebral bodies...
- Comparison of biocompatibility and adsorption properties of different plastics for advanced microfluidic cell and tissue culture modelsPaul M van Midwoud
Pharmaceutical Analysis, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 84:3938-44. 2012..This paper lays an important foundation that will help researchers make informed decisions with respect to the materials they select for microfluidic cell-based culture experiments...
- The effect of temperature reduction on cement working time in percutaneous vertebroplastyS L J James
Department of Radiology, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Clin Radiol 61:797-9. 2006
- Mechanical effects of the use of vancomycin and meropenem in acrylic bone cementCecilia Persson
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli Bologna, IT 401 36 Italy
Acta Orthop 77:617-21. 2006..The antibiotics added to bone cements may, however, have detrimental effects on the mechanical properties of the cement...
- A new bioactive bone cement: effect of glass bead filler content on mechanical and biological propertiesS Shinzato
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 54:491-500. 2001..We conclude that when mechanical properties and osteoconductivity are both taken into consideration, GBC60 is the most suitable formulation; it shows excellent osteoconductivity and sufficient mechanical strength for clinical use...
- NMP-modified PMMA bone cement with adapted mechanical and hardening properties for the use in cancellous bone augmentationAndreas Boger
R and D Biomaterials, Synthes GmbH, 4436 Oberdorf, Switzerland
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 90:760-6. 2009....
- The role of polymethylmethacrylate bone cement in modern orthopaedic surgeryJ C J Webb
Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:851-7. 2007..The behaviour of antibiotic-loaded bone cement are discussed, together with areas of research that are now shedding light upon the behaviour of this unique biomaterial...
- Incorporation of chitosan in acrylic bone cement: effect on antibiotic release, bacterial biofilm formation and mechanical propertiesM M Tunney
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:1609-15. 2008....
- PMMA-based bone cements containing magnetite particles for the hyperthermia of cancerM Kawashita
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Acta Biomater 6:3187-92. 2010..The compressive strength of cement increased with increasing Fe(3)O(4) content. Cement with 50 wt.% Fe(3)O(4) particles generated heat in alternating magnetic fields of 300 and 120 Oe at a frequency of 100 kHz...
- Acute respiratory failure associated with polymethyl methacrylate pulmonary emboli after percutaneous vertebroplastyMatthew V Zaccheo
Division of Hospitalist Medicine Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Hamot Medical Center Erie, PA 16550, USA
Am J Emerg Med 26:636.e5-7. 2008We report a case of symptomatic polymethyl methacrylate pulmonary emboli after percutaneous vertebroplasty to alert clinicians to this potential cause of pulmonary emboli...
- In vivo behavior of acrylic bone cement in total hip arthroplastyMichael D Ries
University of California, 500 Parnassus Avenue MU 320 W, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biomaterials 27:256-61. 2006..This implies that porosity is the most important factor in the mechanical behavior of bone cement during in vivo use...
- Increasing pedicle screw anchoring in the osteoporotic spine by cement injection through the implant. Technical note and report of three casesPatrick Fransen
Brussels Neurosurgical Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Neurosurg Spine 7:366-9. 2007....
- The dynamic volume changes of polymerising polymethyl methacrylate bone cementScott D Muller
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, The Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Acta Orthop Scand 73:684-7. 2002..Stable fixation of vacuum-mixed cement may depend on additional techniques to offset the altered volumetric behaviour of vacuum-mixed cement...
- The mechanical properties of recovered PMMA bone cement: a preliminary studyR P S Chaplin
Department of Engineering, University of Exeter, North Park Road, Exeter, EX4 4QF, UK
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:1433-48. 2006..No evidence has been found to suggest that the PMMA has deteriorated whilst in-vivo and the mechanical properties of the cement matrices appear to be comparable to freshly made PMMA...
- Mechanical properties and osteoconductivity of new bioactive composites consisting of partially crystallized glass beads and poly(methyl methacrylate)Shuichi Shinzato
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kawahara cho 54, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 60:556-63. 2002..The new composites show promise as alternatives, with improved properties, to conventional PMMA bone cement...
- Augmentation of a loosened sacral pedicle screw with percutaneous polymethylmethacrylate injectionCem Yilmaz
Department of Neurosurgeon, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:373-5. 2006..Case report describing augmentation of a loosened sacral screw with percutaneous injection of polymethylmethacrylate...
- Comparison of prevalence of microorganisms on titanium and silicone/polymethyl methacrylate obturators used for rehabilitation of maxillary defectsRita A Depprich
Department of Cranio and Maxillofacial Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 99:400-5. 2008Silicone or polymethyl methacrylate obturators, used for rehabilitation of maxillary defects, bear the risk of an enhanced settlement of microorganisms and, therefore, impose the risk of local or systemic infections...
- Repair of bone segment defects with surface porous fiber-reinforced polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) composite prosthesis: histomorphometric incorporation model and characterization by SEMMikko P Hautamäki
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Science, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Finland
Acta Orthop 79:555-64. 2008..We present an experimental study on segmental bone defect reconstruction using a polymethylmethacrylate-(PMMA-) based bulk polymer implant prosthesis. We concentrated on osteoconductivity and surface characteristics...
- In vivo temperature profile of intervertebral discs and vertebral endplates during vertebroplasty: an experimental study in sheepNikolaus Aebli
AO Spine Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1674-8; discussion 1679. 2006..Experimental study of temperature profiles during vertebroplasty...
- Vertebroplasty comparing injectable calcium phosphate cement compared with polymethylmethacrylate in a unique canine vertebral body large defect modelThomas M Turner
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, 1725 Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Spine J 8:482-7. 2008..Calcium phosphate (CaP) offers the potential for biological resorption and replacement with new bone, restoring vertebral body mass and height...
- Intralipid: A novel frontline countermeasure for brodifacoum poisoningDouglas L Feinstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that LE will be proven to be an effective treatment for BDF poisoning, thereby providing a mechanism to address the potential damage due to a large scale release of BDF by either intentional or accidental causes. ..
- BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE RESEARCH IN CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASENeil Schneiderman; Fiscal Year: 2013..All trainees receive individual mentoring and participate in relevant program project and other research meetings. ..
- Protein, Enzyme, and Biological Water Dynamics: 2D Vibrational Echo SpectroscopyMichael D Fayer; Fiscal Year: 2011..The methodology builds on previous successful applications and developments of state-of-the-art ultrafast infrared laser experiments. ..
- Hispanic Community Children's Health Study of Latino Youth SOL-YouthKrista M Perreira; Fiscal Year: 2013..Findings from our study will inform practice and policy efforts to develop programs to prevent obesity in Latino youth and thus improve the health of future generations. ..
- Ancillary to HCHS/SOL: Sociocultural Factors and CVD risk/prevalence in HispanicsFrank J Penedo; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- NanoSPINs for In Vivo EPR-Based Spectroscopy and ImagingValery V Khramtsov; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Signaling to and from the synapseRichard L Huganir; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, understanding the mechanisms regulating the formation and modulation of synaptic transmission in the brain is critical for the development of treatments for these diseases. ..
- STEP UP In Health-related ResearchRaul DeLa Cadena; Fiscal Year: 2013..The importance of the STEP UP in Health-related Research Program is to offer a rewarding experience to minority students to spark their interest in biomedical research careers. (End of Abstract) ..
- Epidemiologic Determinant of Cardiac Structure and Function Among HispanicsCarlos Jose Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2013..ECHO-SOL will be extremely promising in learning about Hispanic cardiovascular health and highly relevant to future public health planning. ..
- Enabling high dose regional chemotherapy while minimizing systemic toxicityShaker A Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The primary objective of this proposed study is to develop a novel Polymethyl methacrylate coated activated carbon filter with different compositions including cellulose and heparin for the ..
- Mechanisms of Defective Efferocytosis in AtherosclerosisIRA A TABAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Achieving the stated objective will provide critical information for understanding how necrotic cores form and may help in the design of new therapeutic strategies to prevent the clinical progression of atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Composite Materials for Bone RepairsADEREMI R OKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..These lightweight composites are biocompatible and are able to stimulate bone mineral formation in body fluid. ..
- Plasticity at the Excitatory SynapseRichard L Huganir; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding these basic mechanisms of synaptic transmission and plasticity will provide insight into normal and abnormal brain function. ..
- Production of Bioactive NO: Origin of Hemoglobin E Associated PathophysiologyRHODA HIRSCH; Fiscal Year: 2012..There is the potential for a new paradigm in which to develop therapies for HbE [unreadable]-thalassemia. ..
- Training in Thrombosis, Hemostasis and Vascular BiologySatya P Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2012..D., M.D., or D.V.M. degree. Each training program will depend on past research and educational : experience. State-of-the-art equipment and services are available within and outside of the Center. ..
- A Novel Biomimetic Bone Cement For Immediately Loaded Dental ImplantsDAVID ALLEN GAUL; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect that GEMOSIL's combination of mechanical properties and capability to be a scaffold for bone growth will allow patients to have a functioning tooth replacement in the same day as tooth extraction. ..
- Study of Latinos: Nutrition &Physical Activity Assessment Study (SOLNAS)Yasmin Mossavar-Rahmani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The biomarker data from the proposed study will have the potential to calibrate nutrient and physical activity self-report data to increase reliability of disease association analyses. ..
- Hispanic Community Health StudyLisa Lavange; Fiscal Year: 2010..Study results will be disseminated through scientific journals and also conveyed to the communities involved in the study in order to improve public health at the local level. ..
- Hispanic Community Health StudyRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Study results will be disseminated through scientific journals and also conveyed to the communities involved in the study in order to improve public health at the local level. ..
- Hispanic Community Health StudyMARTHA DIVIGLUS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Study results will be disseminated through scientific journals and also conveyed to the communities involved in the study in order to improve public health at the local level. ..
- Hispanic Community Health StudyGregory Talavera; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Hispanic Community Health StudyGregory Talavera; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Hispanic Community Health StudyNeil Schneiderman; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Hispanic Community Health StudyGregory Talavera; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Developing a ClO2 Compliance Service: Minimizing Water Borne Microbial InfectionSPENDEL U WOLFGANG; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Influence of surface adhesion forces on vocal fold stress and functionScott Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of the proposed research is to develop models of the glottal ASL and explore its influence on vocal fold tissue stress and vibratory behavior. ..
- A New Approach to Autonomous Point-of-care Tropical Disease Diagnostics Using SolDavid Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal in this proposal is to develop the fundamental science behind solar-thermal microfluidic sample processing and demonstrate that it can be used to extract and concentrate cholera toxin B from a synthetic vomit sample. ..
- Polymer-Based Modular Systems with Nanosensors for DNA/RNA SequencingSteven Allan Soper; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Compact Chemical Sensor for Measurement of Internal Dose of Environmental AgentsRICHARD H CLARKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, the drug or its metabolite might be monitored in a blood sample by SERS at regular intervals at home for compliance and adjustment of the medication, as required. ..
- Development of High Throughput Aptamer-based Protein Capture/Detection Assays towJohn T Lis; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of Glutamate Receptor FunctionAndres Villu Maricq; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, our research efforts might eventually contribute to the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and stroke. ..
- Low-Cost Microfluidic System for Detection of CTC'sMateusz Hupert; Fiscal Year: 2010..The fluidic cartridge will possess a footprint the sue of a microscope slide. ..
- The Johns Hopkins Cancer Nanotechnology Training CenterDenis Wirtz; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Validation of Objective Measures of Place-Based Physical ActivityKevin Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Rapid breath detection of colorectal cancer with a colorimetric sensor arrayRAY ANTHONY MARTINO; Fiscal Year: 2012..A further application of this technology would be a breath test to non-invasively and inexpensively monitor the efficacy of chemotherapy treatment. ..
- Protein Reactivity in Sol-Gel Matrices: Hydration Effects in Confined SpacesJoel M Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims 2. Determine how confinement in the presence and absence of added osmolytes impacts functionally important categories of protein dynamics. . ..
- T-32 NIH Postdoctoral Training Program in Nanotechnology for Cancer Medicine NTCMDenis Wirtz; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed postdoctoral training program will train fellows at the interface between nanotechnology and cancer medicine to develop novel nanoscale therapeutic and diagnostic tools for the detection, treatment and cure of human cancer ..
- Development of a Multilevel HIV Prevention for Latin American MenSusan M Kegeles; Fiscal Year: 2012..If the intervention proves to be acceptable, feasible, and potentially efficacious, this research group will proceed with an R01 application to assess the efficacy of the intervention in a trial. ..
- INHIBITION OF UTERINE CONTRACTIONS BY FETAL MEMBRANESPatricia Collins; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- RAPID BREATH DETECTION OF LUNG CANCERPaul Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- RAPID BREATH DETECTION OF LUNG CANCERPaul Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- INFLUENCE OF ACID-BASE STATUS ON FLUORIDE METABOLISMGARY WHITFORD; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- BAND 3 N-TERMINAL AA (10-16) AND DEOXY S POLYMERIZATIONJohn Harris; Fiscal Year: 1990..A new class of inhibitors will be defined that may ultimately find applicability in controlling the intracellular polymerization basic to the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of sickle cell disorders...
- Biomakers in Sickle Cell Anemia: Response to HydroxyureaMarie Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, findings from this study could have significant implications for other disease states associated with vasculopathy. ..
- Immune Tolerance Against Type I Diabetes in MiceHabib Zaghouani; Fiscal Year: 2007..The NOD mouse, which develops spontaneous T1D, as well as mutant NOD strains, will be the animal model of choice for these investigations. ..
- MINIMIZING BLOOD TO EYE RATIO OF TOPICAL EYE MEDICATIONSVincent Lee; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR PLATELET FUNCTION IN HEMOSTASISRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The knowledge gained from these studies will provide therapeutic approaches to enhancing hemostasis and preventing thrombosis. ..
- OTHER FUNCTIONS - R&D - HISPANIC COMMUNITY HEALTH STUDYJAIWEN CAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- SOL-GEL DERIVED CONTINUOUS DUAL MATRIX COMPOSITESRobert Seghi; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Novel Cancer Nanotechnology Platforms for Photodynamic Therapy and ImagingRavindra Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Paras Prasad, PhD (UB), will lead development and photophysical characterization of the Ormosil platform. Raoul Kopelman, PhD (UM), will lead development and photophysical characterization the polyacrylamide platform. ..
- SKELETAL MUSCLE MICROVASCULAR PERFUSION IN HYPERTENSIONSarah Gray; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS OF PLASMA PROTEINSPeter Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information gained from these studies will make possible the rational development of therapeutic interventions designed to treat hemorrhagic syndromes or to inhibit or prevent thrombogenesis in blood vessels. ..
- Novel Comprehensive Proteome Analyses of MetastasisDavid Speicher; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Comprehensive Proteome Analyses of MetastasisDavid Speicher; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel F-releasing Nanocomposite Reinforced by Zirconia NanofibersXiaoming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These improved dental materials will reduce secondary caries and prolong the life of restorations. ..
- NEW HYDROGELS FOR GLUCOSE SENSING AND INSULIN DELIVERYKinam Park; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Sol-Gel Synthesis of bioactive glass materialsAderemi Oki; Fiscal Year: 2003..Zinc compound has also been shown to reveal a stimulatory effect on differentiation of osteoblastic cells. ..