Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds containing the carboxy group (-COOH). This group of compounds includes amino acids and fatty acids. Carboxylic acids can be saturated, unsaturated, or aromatic.
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- The Orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR41 and GPR43 are activated by propionate and other short chain carboxylic acidsAndrew J Brown
Department of 7TMR Systems Research, GlaxoSmithKline, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 2NY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:11312-9. 2003..The identity of the cognate physiological ligands for these receptors is not clear, although propionate is known to occur in vivo at high concentrations under certain pathophysiological conditions...
- Metabolic engineering of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for production of carboxylic acids: current status and challengesDerek A Abbott
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
FEMS Yeast Res 9:1123-36. 2009..In addition to recent progress in engineering S. cerevisiae for organic acid production, the key limitations and challenges are discussed in the context of sustainable industrial production of organic acids from renewable feedstocks...
- Mandipropamid targets the cellulose synthase-like PiCesA3 to inhibit cell wall biosynthesis in the oomycete plant pathogen, Phytophthora infestansMathias Blum
Syngenta Crop Protection AG, CH 4332 Stein, Switzerland
Mol Plant Pathol 11:227-43. 2010..The transformation and expression of a mutated PiCesA3 allele was carried out in a sensitive wild-type isolate to demonstrate that the mutations in PiCesA3 were responsible for the MPD insensitivity phenotype...
- A single point mutation in the novel PvCesA3 gene confers resistance to the carboxylic acid amide fungicide mandipropamid in Plasmopara viticolaMathias Blum
Institute of Botany, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Fungal Genet Biol 47:499-510. 2010..Our data demonstrate that the identified genes are putative cellulose synthases and that one recessive mutation in PvCesA3 causes inheritable resistance to the CAA fungicide mandipropamid...
- Genome-based metabolic engineering of Mannheimia succiniciproducens for succinic acid productionSang Jun Lee
Metabolic and Biomolecular Engineering National Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseong dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:1939-48. 2006..4 g/liter of succinic acid, with a succinic acid yield of 1.16 mol succinic acid per mol glucose and a succinic acid productivity of 1.8 g/liter/h, which should be useful for industrial production of succinic acid...
- 2-Substituted 4,5-dihydrothiazole-4-carboxylic acids are novel inhibitors of metallo-β-lactamasesPinhong Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:6229-32. 2012..We report several 2-substituted 4,5-dihydrothiazole-4-carboxylic acids to be novel MBL inhibitors...
- Simultaneous determination of soluble sugars and organic acids as their trimethylsilyl derivatives in apricot fruits by gas-liquid chromatographyF Bartolozzi
Departimento di Colture Arboree, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 758:99-107. 1997....
- Electron transfer reduction of carboxylic acids using SmI2-H2O-Et3NMichal Szostak
School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, United Kingdom
Org Lett 14:840-3. 2012The first general method for efficient electron transfer reduction of carboxylic acids has been developed...
- Oxidation of N-Nitrosoalkylamines by human cytochrome P450 2A6: sequential oxidation to aldehydes and carboxylic acids and analysis of reaction stepsGoutam Chowdhury
Department of Biochemistry and Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 285:8031-44. 2010..parameters measured for oxidation of DMN and DEN to the aldehydes and for oxidation of the aldehydes to the carboxylic acids. Spectral analysis did not indicate strong affinity of the aldehydes for P450 2A6, but pulse-chase ..
- Sugar fragmentation in the maillard reaction cascade: formation of short-chain carboxylic acids by a new oxidative alpha-dicarbonyl cleavage pathwayTomas Davidek
Nestle Research Center, P O Box 44, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland, and Nestlé Product Technology Center Orbe, 1350 Orbe, Switzerland
J Agric Food Chem 54:6677-84. 2006The formation of short-chain carboxylic acids was studied in Maillard model systems (90 degrees C, pH 6-10) with emphasis on the role of oxygen and water. The total amount of acetic acid formed did not depend on the reaction atmosphere...
- Reduction of carboxylic acids by Nocardia aldehyde oxidoreductase requires a phosphopantetheinylated enzymePadmesh Venkitasubramanian
Division of Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa 52242 5000, USA
J Biol Chem 282:478-85. 2007..carboxylic acid reductase (Car)) catalyzes the magnesium-, ATP-, and NADPH-dependent reduction of carboxylic acids to their corresponding aldehydes...
- Copper complexes of nicotinic-aromatic carboxylic acids as superoxide dismutase mimeticsThummaruk Suksrichavalit
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medical Technology, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Molecules 13:3040-56. 2008..This study reports the synthesis of novel mixed ligand complexes of copper with nicotinic and other select carboxylic acids (phthalic, salicylic and anthranilic acids)...
- Malate exudation by six aerobic rice genotypes varying in zinc uptake efficiencyXiaopeng Gao
Key Laboratory of Plant Soil Interactions, MOE, Beijing, PR China
J Environ Qual 38:2315-21. 2009..The results also emphasize that effects of root exudates on soil properties need to be assessed to evaluate the role of root exudation in nutrient mobilization...
- Engineering of an L-arabinose metabolic pathway in Corynebacterium glutamicumHideo Kawaguchi
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, 9 2 Kizugawadai, Kizugawa, Kyoto, 619 0292, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1053-62. 2008..Strain CRA1 is, therefore, able to utilize L-arabinose as a substrate for organic acid production even in the presence of D-glucose...
- Chemical rescue of the post-translationally carboxylated lysine mutant of allantoinase and dihydroorotase by metal ions and short-chain carboxylic acidsYa Yeh Ho
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Sec 1, Chien Kuo N Rd, Taichung, Taiwan
Amino Acids 44:1181-91. 2013..of the K146A mutant of the ALLase and the K103A mutant of DHOase can be chemically rescued by short-chain carboxylic acids, such as acetic, propionic, and butyric acids, but not by ethanol, propan-1-ol, and imidazole, in the ..
- Breaking through the acid barrier: an orchestrated response to proton stress by enteric bacteriaJ P Audia
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile 36688, USA
Int J Med Microbiol 291:97-106. 2001..In addition, we will review three dedicated acid resistance systems of E. coli, not present in Salmonella, that allow this organism to survive extreme (pH 2) acid challenge...
- 5-Phenyl substituted 1-methyl-2-pyridones and 4'-substituted biphenyl-4-carboxylic acids. synthesis and evaluation as inhibitors of steroid-5alpha-reductase type 1 and 2Franck Picard
8 5 Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University, PO Box 15 11 50, D 66041, Saarbrucken, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 10:437-48. 2002The synthesis of a series of 5-phenyl substituted 1-methyl-2-pyridones (I) and 4'-substituted biphenyl-4-carboxylic acids (II) as novel A-C ring steroidomimetic inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase (5alphaR) is described...
- Presence and partitioning behavior of polyfluorinated iodine alkanes in environmental matrices around a fluorochemical manufacturing plant: another possible source for perfluorinated carboxylic acids?Ting Ruan
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085
Environ Sci Technol 44:5755-61. 2010....
- Induction of apoptosis through B-cell receptor cross-linking occurs via de novo generated C16-ceramide and involves mitochondriaB J Kroesen
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 G2 Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:13606-14. 2001....
- Metabolic activation of carboxylic acidsChristian Skonberg
University of Copenhagen, Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universitetsparken 2, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:425-38. 2008b>Carboxylic acids constitute a large and heterogeneous class of both endogenous and xenobiotic compounds...
- The transport of carboxylic acids and important role of the Jen1p transporter during the development of yeast coloniesSandra Paiva
Molecular and Environmental Biology Centre CBMA, Department of Biology, Campus de Gualtar, University of Minho, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Biochem J 454:551-8. 2013..Both lactic acid uptake mechanisms are diminished in sok2 colonies where JEN1 expression is decreased. The Sok2p transcription factor may therefore be involved in the regulation of non-saturable lactic acid uptake in yeast colonies. ..
- Lack of evidence for HLA-linked patterns of odorous carboxylic acids released from glutamine conjugates secreted in the human axillaAndreas Natsch
Biosciences, Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse, 138, Duebendorf, 8600, Switzerland
J Chem Ecol 36:837-46. 2010..Volatile carboxylic acids are the most diverse class of known axillary odorants, and the pattern of these acids is genetically ..
- A model for odour thresholdsMichael H Abraham
Department of Chemistry, University College London, 20 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AJ, UK
Chem Senses 27:95-104. 2002..to a specific size effect, that might involve odour-binding proteins, and a specific effect for aldehydes and carboxylic acids. Our analysis raises the question of whether selective transport is physically separable from the specific ..
- Body odour of monozygotic human twins: a common pattern of odorant carboxylic acids released by a bacterial aminoacylase from axilla secretions contributing to an inherited body odour typeFabian Kuhn
Analytical Chemistry, Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse 138, 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
J R Soc Interface 6:377-92. 2009..Volatile carboxylic acids are a key class of known human body odorants...
- Pipping success and liver mRNA expression in chicken embryos exposed in ovo to C8 and C11 perfluorinated carboxylic acids and C10 perfluorinated sulfonateJason M O'Brien
Centre for Advanced Research in Environmental Genomics, Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, 20 Marie Curie Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
Toxicol Lett 190:134-9. 2009..Based on the present results for white leghorn chickens, current environmental concentrations of PFOA, PFUdA and PFDS are unlikely to affect the hatching success of wild birds...
- Lipase-catalyzed condensation of p-methoxyphenethyl alcohol and carboxylic acids with different steric and electrical properties in acetonitrileTakashi Kobayashi
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 25:3-7. 2003The substrate selectivity of Candida antarctica lipase for various carboxylic acids was systematically investigated for their condensation with p-methoxyphenethyl alcohol in acetonitrile...
- Improved liquid chromatography/mass spectrometric analysis of low molecular weight carboxylic acids by ion exclusion separation with electrospray ionizationKeiji Gamoh
Faculty of Education, Kochi University, 5 1 Akebono cho 2, Kochi 780 8520, Japan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:685-9. 2003..Formic or acetic acid was used as a mobile phase to separate the carboxylic acids within 15 min...
- Chlorzoxazone esters of some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAI) carboxylic acids as mutual prodrugs: design, synthesis, pharmacological investigations and docking studiesAhmed Z Abdel-Azeem
Department of Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Bioorg Med Chem 17:3665-70. 2009..In addition, docking of the mutual ester prodrugs (6-8) into COX-2 active site was conducted in order to predict the affinity and orientation of these prodrugs at the enzyme active site...
- Pd(O2CCF3)2/benzoquinone: a versatile catalyst system for the decarboxylative olefination of arene carboxylic acidsPeng Hu
State Key Laboratory of Structural Chemistry, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fuzhou, Fujian 350002, China
Org Lett 11:2341-4. 2009....
- Response to zinc deficiency of two rice lines with contrasting tolerance is determined by root growth maintenance and organic acid exudation rates, and not by zinc-transporter activityBasuki Widodo
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences JIRCAS, 1 1 Ohwashi, 305 8686 Tsukuba, Japan
New Phytol 186:400-14. 2010..Zinc-deficiency tolerance in RIL46 is most likely the result of maintenance of root growth, increased efflux of Zn ligands, and increased uptake of Zn-ligand complexes at low [Zn](ext); these traits are potential breeding targets...
- Short-chain carboxylic acids from gray catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) uropygial secretions vary with testosterone levels and photoperiodRebecca J Whelan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH 44074, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:183-8. 2010..We consistently detected the following carboxylic acids: acetic, propanoic, 2-methylpropanoic, butanoic, and 3-methylbutanoic...
- Palladium-catalyzed decarboxylative coupling of alkynyl carboxylic acids with benzyl halides or aryl halidesWen wu Zhang
College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou 325035, China
J Org Chem 75:5259-64. 2010..1,2-diarylalkynes has been developed via palladium-catalyzed decarboxylative coupling reactions of alkynyl carboxylic acids with benzyl chlorides or aryl halides...
- Novel polyene carboxylic acids from StreptomycesSilke C Wenzel
Pharmazeutische Biotechnologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, Gebäude 8 1, D 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
J Nat Prod 67:1631-3. 2004..Tü 3851 revealed the presence of additional polyene carboxylic acids. The methyl esters of the new all-trans serpentene (2) and four new dicarboxylic acids (3-6) were isolated ..
- A broad diversity of volatile carboxylic acids, released by a bacterial aminoacylase from axilla secretions, as candidate molecules for the determination of human-body odor typeAndreas Natsch
Givaudan Schweiz AG, Ueberlandstrasse 138, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Chem Biodivers 3:1-20. 2006..Over 28 different carboxylic acids were released by this enzyme from odorless axilla secretions (Table 1)...
- Metal-free synthesis of aryl esters from carboxylic acids and diaryliodonium saltsTue B Petersen
Department of Organic Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Org Lett 13:3462-5. 2011An efficient arylation of carboxylic acids with diaryliodonium salts has been developed, giving aryl esters in high yields within short reaction times for both aromatic and aliphatic substrates...
- On the interaction of aliphatic amines and ammonium ions with carboxylic acids in solution and in receptor pocketsPeter I Nagy
Center for Drug Design and Development, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Phys Chem B 116:5425-36. 2012....
- Novel 5-substituted benzyloxy-2-arylbenzofuran-3-carboxylic acids as calcium activated chloride channel inhibitorsSatish Kumar
Department of Chemistry, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana 136119, India
Bioorg Med Chem 20:4237-44. 2012..Thirty novel 5-substituted benzyloxy-2-arylbenzofuran-3-carboxylic acids (B01-B30) were synthesized and evaluated for their TMEM16A inhibitory activity by using short circuit current ..
- Method for rapid detection of the PvCesA3 gene allele conferring resistance to mandipropamid, a carboxylic acid amide fungicide, in Plasmopara viticola populationsYoshinao Aoki
The Institute of Enology and Viticulture, University of Yamanashi, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan
Pest Manag Sci 67:1557-61. 2011..The occurrence of carboxylic acid amide (CAA)-fungicide-resistant Plasmopara viticola populations is becoming a serious problem in the control of grapevine downy mildew worldwide...
- Montiporic acids A and B, cytotoxic and antimicrobial polyacetylene carboxylic acids from eggs of the scleractinian coral Montipora digitataN Fusetani
Laboratory of Aquatic Natural Products Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Nat Prod 59:796-7. 1996Two new polyacetylene carboxylic acids, montiporic acids A (1) and B (2), have been isolated from the eggs of the scleractinian coral Montipora digitata and their structures elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic data...
- Biocatalytic reduction of short-chain carboxylic acids into their corresponding alcohols with syngas fermentationJose M Perez
Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 110:1066-77. 2013Short-chain carboxylic acids generated by various mixed- or pure-culture fermentation processes have been considered valuable precursors for production of bioalcohols...
- Stereospecific synthesis of (R)-2-hydroxy carboxylic acids using recombinant E. coli BL21 overexpressing YiaE from Escherichia coli K12 and glucose dehydrogenase from Bacillus subtilisHyungdon Yun
School of Chemical Engineering and Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Biotechnol Prog 21:366-71. 2005..The purified enzyme catalyzes reduction of various aromatic and aliphatic 2-oxo carboxylic acids to the corresponding (R)-2-hydoxy carboxylic acids using NADPH...
- A propionate CoA-transferase of Ralstonia eutropha H16 with broad substrate specificity catalyzing the CoA thioester formation of various carboxylic acidsNicole Lindenkamp
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstraße 3, 48149, Munster, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:7699-709. 2013..spectrometry (HPLC/MS) analyses revealed that the enzyme exhibits a broad substrate specificity for carboxylic acids. The formation of the corresponding CoA-thioesters of acetate using propionyl-CoA as CoA donor, and of ..
- Biaryl synthesis via Pd-catalyzed decarboxylative coupling of aromatic carboxylates with aryl halidesLukas J Goossen
Institut fur Organische Chemie, TU Kaiserslautern, Erwin Schrodinger Strasse, Building 54, D 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 129:4824-33. 2007..for the regiospecific construction of unsymmetrical biaryls is presented, in which easily available salts of carboxylic acids are decarboxylated in situ to give arylmetal species that serve as the nucleophilic component in a catalytic ..
- Steroidal carboxylic acids from soft coral Paraminabea acronocephalaChih Hua Chao
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 11:136-45. 2013Three new steroidal carboxylic acids, paraminabic acids A-C (1-3) were isolated from a Formosan soft coral Paraminabea acronocephala...
- Adsorption of gaseous formaldehyde and carboxylic acids by ammonium-ion-exchanged alpha-zirconium phosphateA Hayashi
Department of Functional Molecular Chemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe, Hyogo 658 8558, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 283:57-63. 2005..The ammonium ion-exchanged alpha-ZrP could adsorb ill-smelling gases, such as formaldehyde and carboxylic acids (formic acid, acetic acid, propionic acid, and butyric acid)...
- Transcriptomic analysis of the role of carboxylic acids in metabolite signaling in Arabidopsis leavesIris Finkemeier
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RB, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 162:239-53. 2013..Although some carboxylic acids have been implicated in the regulation of gene expression for select transcripts, it is unclear whether all ..
- Olfactory sensitivity and odor structure-activity relationships for aliphatic carboxylic acids in CD-1 miceSelçuk Can Güven
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e34301. 2012Using a conditioning paradigm, the olfactory sensitivity of CD-1 mice for a homologous series of aliphatic n-carboxylic acids (ethanoic acid to n-octanoic acid) and several of their isomeric forms was investigated...
- Analogues of neuropeptide Y containing beta-aminocyclopropane carboxylic acids are the shortest linear peptides that are selective for the Y1 receptorNorman Koglin
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Leipzig, Talstrasse 33, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 42:202-5. 2003
- Structure-activity relationship between carboxylic acids and T cell cycle blockadeKathleen M Gilbert
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Arkansas Children s Hospital Research Institute, Little Rock, 72202, USA
Life Sci 78:2159-65. 2006This study was designed to examine the potential structure-activity relationship between carboxylic acids, histone acetylation and T cell cycle blockade...
- Cytotoxic C47-polyacetylene carboxylic acids from a marine sponge Pertrosia spChikane Okamoto
Laboratory of Aquatic Natural Products Chemistry, Garaduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Nat Prod 70:1816-9. 2007Two new polyacetylene carboxylic acids, petroformynic acids B (3) and C (4), were isolated from a marine sponge Pertrosia sp. as cytotoxic constituents...
- Sequential ethoxycarbonylation, methoximation and tert-butyldimethylsilylation for simultaneous determination of amino acids and carboxylic acids by dual-column gas chromatographyMan Jeong Paik
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyunggi Do 440 746, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 1034:13-23. 2004..on dual-columns with different polarities, which provided simultaneous separation of multiple amino acids, carboxylic acids (CAs) and keto acids, facilitating accurate peak confirmation based on matching with retention index sets ..
- Prediction of pKa values for aliphatic carboxylic acids and alcohols with empirical atomic charge descriptorsJinhua Zhang
Computer Chemie Centrum and Institut für Organische Chemie, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Nagelsbachstrasse 25, D 91052, Erlangen, Germany
J Chem Inf Model 46:2256-66. 2006Two quantitative pKa prediction models for aliphatic carboxylic acids and for alcohols were developed by multiple linear-regression (MLR) analysis with empirical atomic descriptors...
- Development of an HPLC-fluorescence determination method for carboxylic acids related to the tricarboxylic acid cycle as a metabolome toolKazuyuki Kubota
Laboratory of Bio Analytical Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 19:788-95. 2005We report the simultaneous determination of the carboxylic acids related to the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle, which plays an important role in producing adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and generating energy in mitochondria...
- Induction of the mitochondrial permeability transition in vitro by short-chain carboxylic acidsC M Palmeira
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Duluth 55812, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:431-5. 2000..of the present investigation was to determine if induction of the MPT is a general response to short-chain carboxylic acids or if there are critical physical chemical parameters for this response...
- Lupane-triterpene carboxylic acids from the leaves of Acanthopanax trifoliatusPhan Van Kiem
Institute of Natural Products Chemistry, NCST, Caugiay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:1432-5. 2003Two new lupane-triterpene carboxylic acids, called acantrifoic acid A (1) and acantrifoside C (2) have been isolated from the leaves of Acanthopanax trifoliatus...
- Simultaneous analysis of amino acids and carboxylic acids by capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry using an acidic electrolyte and uncoated fused-silica capillaryMasataka Wakayama
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Anal Chem 82:9967-76. 2010..spectrometry (CE-MS) method is demonstrated for the simultaneous analysis of amino acids and small carboxylic acids (glycerate, lactate, fumarate, succinate, malate, tartrate, citrate, iso-citrate, cis-aconitate, and ..
- The antimutagenicity of 2-substituted selenazolidine-4-(R)-carboxylic acidsWael M El-Sayed
University of Utah, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mutat Res 627:136-45. 2007..Selenazolidine-4-(R)-carboxylic acids (SCAs) were devised as prodrugs of L-selenocysteine, to provide selenium in a form and at a concentration ..
- Direct amidation of carboxylic acids catalyzed by ortho-iodo arylboronic acids: catalyst optimization, scope, and preliminary mechanistic study supporting a peculiar halogen acceleration effectNicolas Gernigon
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Gunning Lemieux Chemistry Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2G2, Canada
J Org Chem 77:8386-400. 2012..and synthetic products motivates the development of catalytic, direct amidation methods employing free carboxylic acids and amines that circumvent the need for stoichiometric activation or coupling reagents...
- The discovery of novel benzofuran-2-carboxylic acids as potent Pim-1 inhibitorsYibin Xiang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Drug and Biomaterial R and D, Genzyme Corp, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3050-6. 2011Novel benzofuran-2-carboxylic acids, exemplified by 29, 38 and 39, have been discovered as potent Pim-1 inhibitors using fragment based screening followed by X-ray structure guided medicinal chemistry optimization...
- Fermentation of sugarcane bagasse and chicken manure to calcium carboxylates under thermophilic conditionsZhihong Fu
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, Florida Center for Renewable Chemicals and Fuels, University of Florida, PO Box 110700, Gainesville, FL 32611 0700, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162:561-78. 2010Sugarcane bagasse and chicken manure were anaerobically fermented to carboxylic acids using a mixed culture of marine microorganisms at 55 degrees C...
- High capacity hydrogen adsorption in Cu(II) tetracarboxylate framework materials: the role of pore size, ligand functionalization, and exposed metal sitesXiang Lin
School of Chemistry, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
J Am Chem Soc 131:2159-71. 2009..However, although increasing the overlap of potential energy fields of pore walls increases the heat of H2 adsorption at low pressure, it may be detrimental to the overall adsorption capacity by reducing the pore volume...
- High performance column liquid chromatographic analysis of selected carboxylic acids in Biomphalaria glabrata patently infected with Schistosoma mansoniDaniel R Massa
Department of Chemistry, Lafayette College, Easton, PA 18042, USA
Parasitol Res 101:925-8. 2007..chromatography (HPLC) was used to determine the effects of a patent Schistosoma mansoni infection on certain carboxylic acids in the digestive gland gonad complex (DGG) and hemolymph of Biomphalaria glabrata...
- Enaminones as building blocks in heterocyclic syntheses: reinvestigating the product structures of enaminones with malononitrile. A novel route to 6-substituted-3-oxo-2,3-dihydropyridazine-4-carboxylic acidsAbdul aziz Alnajjar
Applied Science Department, College of Technological Studies, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, Safat, Kuwait
Molecules 14:68-77. 2009..A novel route to 2,3-dihydropyridazine-4-carboxylic acids 4a-c via reactions of 2-cyano-5-(dimethylamino)-5-arylpenta-2,4-dienamides 8a-c with nitrous acid or with ..
- Conversion of municipal solid wastes to carboxylic acids by thermophilic fermentationWen Ning Chan
Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3122, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 111:93-112. 2003The purpose of this research is to generate carboxylic acids from the biodegradable fraction of municipal solid wastes (MSW) and municipal sewage sludge (MSS) by using a thermophilic (55 degrees C), anaerobic, high-solid fermentation...
- 5-N,N-Disubstituted 5-aminopyrazole-3-carboxylic acids are highly potent agonists of GPR109bPhilip J Skinner
Medicinal Chemistry, Arena Pharmaceuticals, 6166 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA, 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:4207-9. 2009A series of 5-N,N-disubstituted-5-aminopyrazole-3-carboxylic acids were prepared and found to act as highly potent and selective agonists of the G-Protein Coupled Receptor (GPCR) GPR109b, a low affinity receptor for niacin and some ..
- Quinolone carboxylic acids as a novel monoketo acid class of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase inhibitorsMotohide Sato
Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, JT Inc, 1 1 Murasaki cho, Takatsuki, Osaka, 569 1125, Japan
J Med Chem 52:4869-82. 2009..Here, we show the synthesis and the detailed structure-activity relationship of the quinolone carboxylic acids as a novel monoketo acid class of integrase inhibitors...
- Carboxylic acids as biomarkers of Biomphalaria alexandrina snails infected with Schistosoma mansoniSalwa M F Abou Elseoud
Parasitology Department, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Korean J Parasitol 48:127-32. 2010..Quantification of carboxylic acids, using HPLC strategy, was fast, easy, and accurate in prediction of infected and uninfected snails and ..
- Evaluation of toxic effects of several carboxylic acids on bacterial growth by toxicodynamic modellingJose Antonio Vazquez
Grupo de Reciclado e Valorización de Materiais Residuais REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Microb Cell Fact 10:100. 2011..However, they typically provide only descriptive information without modelling the influence of acid concentrations on bacterial kinetics...
- The kinetics of photocatalytic degradation of aliphatic carboxylic acids in an UV/TiO2 suspension systemQ Chen
College of Atmospheric Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Environ Technol 30:1103-9. 2009Kinetic studies on the photocatalytic degradation of aliphatic carboxylic acids were carried out in a slurry photoreactor with in-situ monitoring, employing artificial UV light as the source of energy and nano-TiO2 powder as the catalyst...
- Determining the molecular interactions of perfluorinated carboxylic acids with human sera and isolated human serum albumin using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyJessica C D'eon
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3H6 Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:1678-88. 2010..Perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and PFOA were used as model perfluorinated carboxylic acids (PFCAs) to characterize the major site of PFCA interaction in human sera...
- Structure-activity relationships on the odor detectability of homologous carboxylic acids by humansJ Enrique Cometto-Muniz
Chemosensory Perception Laboratory, Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, Mail Code 0957, La Jolla, CA 92093 0957, USA
Exp Brain Res 207:75-84. 2010..We discuss the mechanistic implications of this model for the process of olfactory detection...
- Rapid synthesis of 1,3,5-substituted 1,2,4-triazoles from carboxylic acids, amidines, and hydrazinesGeorgette M Castanedo
Discovery Chemistry Group, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Org Chem 76:1177-9. 2011A general method for the synthesis of 1,3,5-trisubstituted 1,2,4-triazoles has been developed from reaction of carboxylic acids, primary amidines, and monosubstituted hydrazines...
- Conversion of sugarcane bagasse to carboxylic acids using a mixed culture of mesophilic microorganismsPiyarat Thanakoses
Department of Chemical Engineering, 3122 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3122, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 105:523-46. 2003Using the MixAlco process, biomass can be converted into carboxylic acids, which can be chemically converted into mixed alcohol fuels...
- The pKa values of PFOA and other highly fluorinated carboxylic acidsKai Uwe Goss
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstr 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 42:456-8. 2008..Here, the correct value is estimated to be close to -0.5 based on analogy considerations and molecular modeling. Calculated pKa values for other highly fluorinated carboxylic acids are also presented.
- Analysis of carboxylic acids in biological fluids by capillary electrophoresisBeatriz Baena
Sección Química Analítica, Fac CC Experimentales y de la Salud, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain
Electrophoresis 26:2622-36. 2005..The use of microchip devices and CE-MS couplings for organic acid analysis is also discussed...
- Synthesis and potassium channel opening activity of substituted 10H-benzo[4,5]furo[3,2-b]indole-and 5,10-dihydro-indeno[1,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acidsJ A Butera
Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Sciences, Wyeth Ayerst Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:2093-7. 2001Compounds in a structurally novel series of substituted 10H-benzo[4,5]furo[3,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acids and related 5,10-dihydro-indeno[1,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acids were prepared and shown to possess potent, bladder-selective smooth ..
- Synthesis and antiprotozoan evaluation of new alkyl-linked bis(2-thioxo-[1,3,5]thiadiazinan-3-yl) carboxylic acidsJulieta Coro
Laboratorio de Síntesis Orgánica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de La Habana, 10400 Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Bioorg Med Chem 13:3413-21. 2005Two new series of several alkyl-linked bis(2-thioxo-[1,3,5]thiadiazinan-3-yl) carboxylic acids were synthesized in a two step procedure from the corresponding alkyl bis-dithiocarbamic salt intermediary...
- Accurate pK(a) calculations for carboxylic acids using complete basis set and Gaussian-n models combined with CPCM continuum solvation methodsM D Liptak
Contribution from the Department of Chemistry, Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, New York 13323, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:7314-9. 2001..and Gaussian-n methods were combined with CPCM continuum solvation methods to calculate pK(a) values for six carboxylic acids. An experimental value of -264...
- A new synthesis of indole 5-carboxylic acids and 6-hydroxy-indole-5-carboxylic acids in the preparation of an o-hydroxylated metabolite of vilazodoneTimo Heinrich
Merck KGaA, Preclinical Pharmaceutical Research, Frankfurter Str 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2681-4. 2004..Functional group interconversion of carboxylic acid via carboxamide into cyanide was performed with methanesulfonic acid chloride...
- Regiocontrolled intramolecular cyclizations of carboxylic acids to carbon-carbon triple bonds promoted by acid or base catalystMasanobu Uchiyama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Org Lett 8:5517-20. 2006..time, the relationship between regioselectivity and acid/base effects in the cyclization reactions between carboxylic acids and carbon-carbon triple bonds...
- Dual effects of aliphatic carboxylic acids on cresolase and catecholase reactions of mushroom tyrosinaseN Gheibi
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Qazvin, Iran
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:1076-81. 2009..Thus, they could completely block the cresolase reaction, by preventing monophenol binding to the enzyme. From an allosteric point of view, n-alkyl acids may be involved in activation of MT catecholase reactions...
- Neurochemical analysis of amino acids, polyamines and carboxylic acids: GC-MS quantitation of tBDMS derivatives using ammonia positive chemical ionizationPaul L Wood
The Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Department of Biomedical Engineering, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Northwestern University, 1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 4306, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 831:313-9. 2006..Previous workers have utilized this derivative for GC-MS analyses of amino acids, carboxylic acids and urea with electron impact (EI) and with positive chemical ionization (PCI; methane as reagent gas)...
- N-Benzyl-indolo carboxylic acids: Design and synthesis of potent and selective adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein (A-FABP) inhibitorsTjeerd Barf
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biovitrum AB, Research, 112 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:1745-8. 2009..This led to the identification of a potent and selective class of A-FABP inhibitors as illustrated by N-benzyl-hexahydrocyclohepta[b]indole 30...
- Short-chain carboxylic acids produced by gram-negative anaerobic bacteria can accelerate or delay polymorphonuclear leukocyte apoptosis in vitroH W Stehle
Department of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, USA
J Periodontol 72:1059-63. 2001BACKGROUND: Short-chain carboxylic acids (SCCA) are metabolic byproducts of anaerobic subgingival bacteria associated with human periodontal disease...
- Electrophysiological studies of salty taste modification by organic acids in the labellar taste cell of the blowflyYoshihiro Murata
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Chem Senses 27:57-65. 2002..On the other hand, the salty taste could be depressed by both the lower pH range (pH 2.5-2.0) and the dissociated organic anions from organic acid molecules with at least two carboxyl groups...
- Xenobiotic acyl glucuronides and acyl CoA thioesters as protein-reactive metabolites with the potential to cause idiosyncratic drug reactionsUrs A Boelsterli
HepaTox Consulting, CH 4148 Pfeffingen, and Institute of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Basel, Basel, CH 4031, Switzerland
Curr Drug Metab 3:439-50. 2002..More work is needed to provide a causal link between protein-reactive acyl glucuronides and acyl-CoA thioesters and the rare and unpredictable idiosyncratic drug reactions in humans...
- Parallel synthesis of oxazolines and thiazolines by tandem condensation-cyclodehydration of carboxylic acids with amino alcohols and aminothiolsPeter Wipf
Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Comb Chem 4:656-60. 2002..Free carboxylic acids were directly condensed with amino alcohols and aminothiols in the presence of 3-nitrophenylboronic acid as a ..
- Accumulation of polyhydroxyalkanoic acid containing large amounts of unsaturated monomers in Pseudomonas fluorescens BM07 utilizing saccharides and its inhibition by 2-bromooctanoic acidH J Lee
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660-701, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4963-74. 2001..We suggest that 2-bromooctanoic acid can substitute for the far more expensive (2,000 times) and cell-growth-inhibiting PHA synthesis inhibitor, cerulenin...
- Sesquiterpene carboxylic acids from a wild tomato species affect larval feeding behavior and survival of Helicoverpa zea and Spodoptera exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)J E Frelichowski
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Science, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Econ Entomol 94:1249-59. 2001The sesquiterpene carboxylic acids (SCA), (+)-(E)-alpha-santalen-12-oic, (-)-(E)-endo-alpha-bergamoten-12-oic, and (+)-(E)-endo-beta-bergamoten-12-oic acid, are produced in glandular trichomes of Lycopersicon hirsutum f. typicum Humb...
- Determination of carboxylic acids, carbohydrates, glycerol, ethanol, and 5-HMF in beer by high-performance liquid chromatography and UV-refractive index double detectionM Castellari
Istituto di Industrie Agrarie, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Italy
J Chromatogr Sci 39:235-8. 2001A high-performance liquid chromatographic method is proposed for the simultaneous separation of main carboxylic acids, carbohydrates, ethanol, glycerol, and 5-HMF in beer by direct injection...
- A fluorogenic reagent, 4-mercapto-7-methylthio-2,1,3-benzoxadiazole for carboxylic acids, designed by prediction of the fluorescence intensityS Uchiyama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Anal Chem 73:2165-70. 2001..we previously proposed 7-acetylamino-4-mercapto-2,1,3-benzoxadiazole (AABD-SH) as a fluorogenic reagent for carboxylic acids. Since then, progress has made it possible to estimate the fluorescence quantum yields of the 4,7-..
- Role of chromatography in the analysis of sugars, carboxylic acids and amino acids in foodI Molnar-Perl
Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, L Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
J Chromatogr A 891:1-32. 2000An overview is presented of chromatographic methods currently in use to determine sugars, carboxylic acids and amino acids in foods: high-performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography and capillary electrophoresis...
- Biochemical characterization of the reverse activity of rat brain ceramidase. A CoA-independent and fumonisin B1-insensitive ceramide synthaseS El Bawab
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 276:16758-66. 2001..The results are discussed in view of a possible regulation of this enzyme by the intracellular pH or by an interaction with cardiolipin and/or phosphatidic acid...
- Combinatorial receptor codes for odorsB Malnic
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 96:713-23. 1999..Our studies also indicate that slight alterations in an odorant, or a change in its concentration, can change its "code," potentially explaining how such changes can alter perceived odor quality...
- 1-Alkyl-benzotriazole-5-carboxylic acids are highly selective agonists of the human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109bGraeme Semple
J Med Chem 49:1227-30. 20061-Substituted benzotriazole carboxylic acids have been identified as the first reported examples of selective small-molecule agonists of the human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109b (HM74), a low-affinity receptor for the HDL-..
- Phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseBrian J Lipworth
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Asthma and Allergy Research Group, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Lancet 365:167-75. 2005..Ultimately, clinicians will want to know whether PDE4 inhibitors are anything more than expensive "designer" theophylline, the archetypal non-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitor...
- Enantioselective kinetic resolution of phenylalkyl carboxylic acids using metagenome-derived esterasesElena Fernández-Álvaro
Dept of Biotechnology and Enzyme Catalysis, Institute of Biochemistry, Greifswald University, Felix Hausdorff Str 4, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Microb Biotechnol 3:59-64. 2010Enantiomerically pure β-arylalkyl carboxylic acids are important synthetic intermediates for the preparation of a wide range of compounds with biological and pharmacological activities...
- Selective phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors in chronic obstructive lung diseaseFrancisco J Soto
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 11:129-34. 2005..Novel anti-inflammatory therapies such as selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitors are in clinical development. Their potential role in the management of COPD is described in this review...
- The effect of aliphatic carboxylic acids on olfaction-based host-seeking of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae sensu strictoRenate C Smallegange
Laboratory of Entomology, Wageningen University, PO Box 8031, Wageningen 6700 EH, The Netherlands
J Chem Ecol 35:933-43. 2009The role of aliphatic carboxylic acids in host-seeking response of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae sensu stricto was examined both in a dual-choice olfactometer and with indoor traps...
- Exceptional chiral recognition of racemic carboxylic acids by calixarenes bearing optically pure alpha,beta-amino alcohol groupsYan Song Zheng
Department of Chemistry, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, P R China
Org Lett 6:1189-92. 2004..structure: see text]..
- Fluorinated alkyl compounds including long chain carboxylic acids in wild bird livers from JapanKeerthi S Guruge
Safety Research Team, National Institute of Animal Health, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Kannondai 3 1 5, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Chemosphere 83:379-84. 2011..in a Japanese sparrowhawk, indicating that the top predatory wild birds can accumulate several long chain carboxylic acids. However, the current FAC concentrations found in livers may suggest that these compounds alone would not ..
- Branched-chain fatty acids and membrane function in Listeria monocytogenesBRIAN JAMES WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..the mechanism of branched-chain fatty acid switching, define the pathway of fatty acid biosynthesis from carboxylic acids, and manipulate the membrane fatty acid composition, and hence fluidity, in an extreme fashion and examine ..
- New biomonitoring methodologies to measure DNA adducts in human tissuesRobert J Turesky; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our chemical model for this project is structurally related nitro-phenanthrene carboxylic acids, a class of human carcinogens and nephrotoxicants that include aristolochic acids (AA)...
- Optimization of pyrimidinyl prodrugs (PYPs) for malaria chemotherapyPRADIPSINH RATHOD; Fiscal Year: 2009..chemistry, trioxanes and tetraoxane derivatives of PYP1 will be made to selectively release the active carboxylic acids in the parasite (iii) Cell-based screens and toxicity panels will be implemented and used to identify ..
- Receptors and Neurons Mediating Acid Taste in DrosophilaANUPAMA ARUN DAHANUKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular mechanisms of carboxylic acid taste in Drosophila, and to identify neurophysiological responses to carboxylic acids in the mosquito, Aedes aegypti...
- Molecular basis of insect attraction to human odorantsKAREN ANNE MENUZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..In particular, I will focus on amines and carboxylic acids, attractive odors found in human emanations...
- ION PAIR ALDOL ADDITION REACTIONSAndrew Streitwieser; Fiscal Year: 1999..transfer equilibria and reaction kinetics of Aldol and Michael addition reactions to the dilithium salts of carboxylic acids and beta- diketones...
- INACTIVATION AND STRUCTURE AND GABA AMINOTRANSFERASERichard Silverman; Fiscal Year: 1999..corresponding acetylenic and fluoromethyl inactivator analogs, substituted phenols as lipophilic isosteres of carboxylic acids, 4-amino-2-difluoromethyl- 2-butenoic acid, 4-amino-2-trifluromethyl-2-butenoic acid, gamma-allenyl GABA, (E)-..
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..0 and K+ binding to luminal carbonyl groups displaces two of the carboxylic acids bound to lys 791, thereby allowing return ofIys791 and replacement by K+ at this site...
- Studies in Amide and Peptide SynthesisJEFFREY NICHOLAS JOHNSTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..peptide chemical synthesis, one that complements existing methods based on dehydrative amide synthesis using carboxylic acids and amines...
- Refining &Implementing Supramolecular Methods for HTS of EE &ConcentrationEric V Anslyn; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be to complete a few assays for chiral functional groups that are almost operational (primary amines, carboxylic acids, and ketones), and we will devise an assay for chiral secondary alcohols...
- Enhanced Fluoropolymer Membrane Reactors for Production of Pharmaceutical IntermeNing Shangguan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Typical reactions include esterifications of carboxylic acids with alcohols, Friedel-Crafts acylations and alkylations, Schiff base, acetal and ketal formation and ..
- Enhanced Fluoropolymer Membrane Reactors for Production of Pharmaceutical IntermeNing Shangguan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Typical reactions include esterifications of carboxylic acids with alcohols, Friedel-Crafts acylations and alkylations, Schiff base, acetal and ketal formation and ..
- Novel agents against West Nile Virus infectionsKrzysztof Pankiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..simple, unexplored yet analogues of MPA that are expected to show different physicochemical properties than carboxylic acids (such as MPA) and may show favorable pharmacokinetic...
- Practical Strategies for Controlling Selectivity in Organic ReactionsAmir H Hoveyda; Fiscal Year: 2013..and reversibly bind to a metal catalyst and common organic functional groups (such as alcohols, amines, and carboxylic acids)...
- BIOTRANSFORMATION OF CANNABINOIDS BY MICROORGANISMSLarry Robertson; Fiscal Year: 1980..Particular emphasis will be placed on the mono- and dihydroxylated metabolites, carboxylic acids and hydroxy acids which are difficult to produce by conventional organic synthetic methods...
- Arthropod-Based Libraries for High Throughput ScreeningFrank Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2009..While many of the compounds we have characterized have simple structures (such as straight chain alkenes, carboxylic acids, aldehydes, phenols, benzoquinones), there are also many examples of biologically active alkaloids, ..
- Peptidomimetics of D-Ala-D-Ala as Novel AntibacterialsNorma Dunlap; Fiscal Year: 2003..Tetrazoles have been used successfully as bioisosteric replacements for the carboxylic acids in a number of drugs. An example is the angiotensin receptor antagonist Losartan...
- Azides as Synthons for Isonitriles: Facilitating Challenging Coupling ReactionsJENNIFER LYNN STOCKDILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..improvements to the efficacy of the previously described two-component coupling of isonitriles with carboxylic acids to access primary and secondary amide derivatives...
- CNS DELIVERY OF ALKANOATE ANTIEPILEPTICSDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 1999..and blood-cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) barriers is mediated by membrane transport carriers for endogenous carboxylic acids, (2) individual differences in the physiologic regulation of these transport processes accounts for the ..
- Supercritical carbon dioxide for drying and sterilizing parenteral dosage formsCharles Decedue; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., alcohols, amines, thiols, carboxylic acids, etc.) that may prove susceptible to damage...
- CHEMICAL SENSORY IRRITATION--CONTRAST WITH OLFACTIONJ Cometto Muniz; Fiscal Year: 1999..Stimuli will comprise homologous series of compounds (e.g., aldehydes, carboxylic acids, terpenes). Physicochemical properties change systematically in such series...
- SODIUM CHANNEL GATING IN MODELS OF MYOTONIARobert Ruff; Fiscal Year: 1991..will be produced by: 1) bathing a fiber in a chloride- deficient solution, 2) treating fibers with aromatic carboxylic acids to reduce chloride conductance, and 3) treating rats with 20, 25-diazacholesterol...
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002..inhibitors, with respect to acyl glucuronidation and acyl-CoA formation, on the covalent binding of selected carboxylic acids to protein; 3) To quantitatively determine and compare the levels of drug-protein acylation, acyl ..
- UDP-Glucuronic Acid Regeneration SystemINMAR MUNIR; Fiscal Year: 2004..toward compounds with a wide variety of chemical structures, such as amines, hydroxylated compounds, and carboxylic acids. Therefore, phase II metabolism (conjugation) is often independent of phase I (functionalization) metabolic ..
- Dynamic Metabolomics via Isotopomer AnalysisHenri Brunengraber; Fiscal Year: 2006..for the concentration and mass isotopomer distribution of metabolites (acyl-CoAs, acylcarnitines, aminoacids, carboxylic acids, as well as intermediates of glycolysis, the pentosephosphate pathway, and the citric acid cycle) extracted ..
- Incorporating Thyronamines into Thyroid Hormone MetabolismWARREN WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Again the enzymes for the proposed transformations are present in the liver. An extraction for carboxylic acids followed by chromatographic separation of the products and comparison to triiodothyroacetic acid and other ..
- The Molecular Recognition of Wine and UrineEric Anslyn; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to target five classes of analytes: carboxylic acids, sugars, pectins, tannins, and gluoconorides. These classes present different challenges for fingerprinting...
- IONIC PROPERTIES OF SKELETAL MUSCLE MEMBRANESPAUL HOROWICZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..In addition, the effects on Cl- movements of inorganic anions of the lyotropic series and various aromatic carboxylic acids will be studied at various external pHs, (Cl-)o, and membrane potentials and after chemical modification...
- MIXTURE TERATOGENESIS--RELATION TO MECHANISMS AND QSARSDOUGLAS DAWSON; Fiscal Year: 1992..Each group of chemicals: 1) osteolathyrogens, 2) short-chain carboxylic acids (SCCAs), is thought to represent a different, distinct mode of teratogenesis...
- PYRUVATE ETHYL ESTER AS TREATMENT FOR REPERFUSION INJURYAlfred Ajami; Fiscal Year: 2000..Esterified carboxylic acids, structurally related to pyruvate, can form stable solutions in the presence of calcium (or magnesium) ions ..
- Biosynthesis of hybrid peptide-polyketide antibioticsBen Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Hybrid NRPS-PKS systems will allow the production of novel metabolites by incorporating both amino acids and carboxylic acids, greatly expanding the size and structural diversity of resulting combinatorial biosynthetic libraries...
- SYNTHESIS OF SELECTIVE DEHYDROGENASE INHIBITORSEUGENE COATS; Fiscal Year: 1980The synthesis of 6-R-4-hydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinoline-3-carboxylic acids and 6-R-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinoline-3,4-dicarboxylic acids is proposed...
- MOLECULAR RECOGNITION IN NUCLEAR PROTEIN TRANSPORTROBERT STANDAERT; Fiscal Year: 2002..Novel, photochemically regulatable amino acids and carboxylic acids will be employed to generate mutants of native signals that bind karyopherin in a photo-regulated manner...
- Detection of Protein Carboxylic EstersJOSHUA ALFARO; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Esterification of protein carboxylic acids results in a myriad of biological functions. Such modifications generally are reversible. As such, the esterification states are often dynamic...
- Staining Techniques for Micro-CT Imaging of MicrodamageRYAN ROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identify one or more metal chelating agents having two or more carboxy functional groups (multi-functional carboxylic acids or proteins) that will chelate with both calcium in bone and one or more heavy metal ions which act as a ..
- Metalloporphyrin hosts in structural studies by CD/FDCDGloria Proni; Fiscal Year: 2003..strategy for absolute stereochemical determination of mono-substituted secondary amines, primary alcohols and carboxylic acids. I propose to derivative these compounds with an alchiral diamine reagent which would function as a carrier ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- FORMIC ACID-WATER OXYGEN EXCHANGE KINETICSRICHARD REDINGTON; Fiscal Year: 1980..Oxygen exchange between water and other molecules, and vibrational analysis of formic and other carboxylic acids, are also of interest...
- CHEMICAL SENSORY IRRITATION: CONTRAST WITH OLFACTIONJ Enrique Cometto Muniz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The outcome will allow us to make inferences about the relative breadth of chemical tuning in human olfaction and chemesthesis. ..
- Molecular Boundaries For Trigeminal Chemosensory ImpactJ Cometto Muniz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- Synthesis of Polyketides and TerpenesDavid A Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a consequence, organic synthesis is a critical discipline that continues to have an important impact on the fields of both medicine and biology. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- ACCELERATING IRON CHELATION FROM SERUM TRANSFERRINWESLEY HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is a collaborative project involving faculty with expertise in molecular biology, solution kinetics, organic synthesis, and computational chemistry. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Perfluorocarbon Materials As Drug Delivery VehiclesHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..
- IRON CHELATORS PREDICATED ON DESFERRITHIOCINRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- Biomimetic Studies of NO-binding Respiratory Chain HemesJAMES COLLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..An emphasis will be placed on kinetic and mechanistic studies to elucidate the putitive reaction pathways of CcO and NOR. ..
- Distribution of PCB AtropisomersHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term career goal is to establish Dr. Lehmler as an investigator with independent research status and funding. ..
- Desferrithiocin Analogue Actinide Decorporation AgentsRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional active-site models of cytochrome c oxidaseJAMES COLLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The role that the copper ion (CuB) and a phenolic group, in the amino acid tyrosine (Tyr244) play in the catalytic function of CcO are of particular interest. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- OLFACTORY FUNCTION IN GENE-TARGETED MICEBurton Slotnick; Fiscal Year: 2002..A final report of these studies will incorporate a detailed description of apparatus, methods protocol and files of raw data and summary statistics presented in database and spreadsheet format. ..
- Open Tubular Capillary Electrochromatography/Mass SpectroscopyJOSEPH PESEK; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project focuses on providing a means for the analysis of complex samples found in clinical, biological and pharmaceutical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF NUCLEAR IMPORTLarry Gerace; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, understanding basic nuclear transport mechanisms can provide a framework for developing new therapeutic approaches relevant to viral pathogenesis, cancer and immunity and other processes. ..
- Cross-Coupling Reactions of OrganosilanolsSCOTT DENMARK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Synthetic approaches to isodomoic acid H, hepatitis C viral inihibiting indole alkaloids, the salicylihalimide macrolactone oximidine II, and polyene antiviral antibiotic viridenomycin are detailed. ..
- IN VITRO EVOLUTION OF NEW MOLECULAR FUNCTIONSJack Szostak; Fiscal Year: 2003..The re-use of previously selected functions to evolve new functions will also be studied. The idea that proteins are better than RNA at evolving new functions from existing functions will also be tested. ..