Summary: Chemical compounds derived from acids by the elimination of a molecule of water.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Biophysical properties of phenyl succinic acid derivatised hyaluronic acidMaria Teresa Neves-Petersen
NanoBiotechnology Group, Department of Physics and Nanotechnology, Aalborg University, Skjernvej 4A, Aalborg, Denmark
J Fluoresc 20:483-92. 2010Modification of hyaluronic acid (HA) with aryl succinic anhydrides results in new biomedical properties of HA as compared to non-modified HA, such as more efficient skin penetration, stronger binding to the skin, and the ability to blend ..
- RNA structure analysis at single nucleotide resolution by selective 2'-hydroxyl acylation and primer extension (SHAPE)Edward J Merino
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3290, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:4223-31. 2005..Modest extensions of the SHAPE approach will allow RNA structure to be monitored comprehensively and at single nucleotide resolution for RNAs of arbitrary sequence and structural complexity and under diverse solution environments...
- Oxyanion hole stabilization by C-H···O interaction in a transition state--a three-point interaction model for Cinchona alkaloid-catalyzed asymmetric methanolysis of meso-cyclic anhydridesHui Yang
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Singapore 117543
J Am Chem Soc 135:5808-18. 2013..Through DFT calculations, we show that asymmetric methanolysis of meso-cyclic anhydrides (AMMA) catalyzed by a class of cinchona alkaloid catalysts involves an oxyanion hole consisting of purely C-H ..
- Hyperpolarized (13) C-labelled anhydrides as DNP precursors of metabolic MRI agentsSonia Colombo Serra
Centro Ricerche Bracco, Bracco Imaging SpA, Via Ribes 5, 10010, Colleretto Giacosa, TO, Italy
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 7:469-77. 2012..In particular, it has been shown that, by using symmetric anhydrides as chemical precursors for short-chain fatty acids, no glass-forming additives are needed in the DNP ..
- Amino acid dependent formation of phosphate anhydrides in water mediated by carbonyl sulfideLuke J Leman
Department of Chemistry and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:20-1. 2006..We report that high-energy aminoacyl-phosphate anhydrides and aminoacyl adenylates are generated in solutions containing amino acids, COS, and the corresponding phosphate ..
- Mechanical behaviour of pine wood chemically modified with a homologous series of linear chain carboxylic acid anhydridesAntonios N Papadopoulos
Technological Education Institute of Kavala, Branch of Drama, Department of Forestry and Management of Natural Environment, Laboratory of Wood Science and Technology, TK 66100, Drama, Greece
Bioresour Technol 101:6147-50. 2010..of the effect of molecular size of the substituent group of softwood modified with linear chain carboxylic acid anhydrides, namely acetic, propionic, butyric, valeric, hexanoic, upon the compression strength has also been performed...
- Use of mixed anhydrides for the determination of terfenadine in dosage forms and spiked human plasmaA A Al-Majed
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 23:281-9. 2000Terfenadine reacts with mixed anhydrides (malonic and acetic anhydrides) producing a yellow-coloured product with intense fluorescence...
- Identifying airway sensitizers: cytokine mRNA profiles induced by various anhydridesL M Plitnick
University of North Carolina, Curriculum in Toxicology, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Toxicology 193:191-201. 2003..Within the LMW chemicals, one of the major classes involved in these effects are the acid anhydrides. The immunological basis of respiratory hypersensitivity involves CD4+ cells...
- Occupational contact urticaria caused by cyclic acid anhydridesEva Helaskoski
Department of Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Ocuupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Contact Dermatitis 60:214-21. 2009Cyclic acid anhydrides often cause allergic respiratory diseases, but contact urticaria because of these anhydrides has been considered rare.
- Alternating copolymerization of epoxides and cyclic anhydrides: an improved route to aliphatic polyestersRyan C Jeske
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Baker Laboratory, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 1301, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11330-1. 2007
- One-step synthesis of complex nitrogen heterocycles from imines and alkyl-substituted maleic anhydridesYuchen Tang
Department of Chemistry, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
Org Lett 11:3802-5. 2009Substituted maleic anhydrides react with imines to form polycyclic lactam products...
- Carboxyl BODIPY dyes from bicarboxylic anhydrides: one-pot preparation, spectral properties, photostability, and biolabelingDongchuan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, 158 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116012, PR China
J Org Chem 74:7675-83. 2009..and functionalized with a free carboxyl group have been conveniently synthesized from pyrroles and dicarboxylic anhydrides in one-pot reactions...
- Interleukins 5 and 13 characterize immune responses to respiratory sensitizing acid anhydridesRebecca J Dearman
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, UK
J Appl Toxicol 22:317-25. 2002There is some debate regarding whether occupational asthma induced by respiratory sensitizing acid anhydrides is mediated by the induction of T helper (Th) 2-type responses and the production of IgE, with failure to detect specific IgE ..
- Characterization in mice of the immunological properties of five allergenic acid anhydridesR J Dearman
Zeneca Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TJ, UK
J Appl Toxicol 20:221-30. 2000Occupational exposure to certain acid anhydrides, including trimellitic anhydride (TMA), maleic anhydride (MA), phthalic anhydride (PA), hexahydrophthalic anhydride (HHPA) and methyltetrahydrophthalic anhydride (MTHPA), has been ..
- Characterization and in vitro degradation of poly(octadecanoic anhydride)An Jie Dong
Department of Polymer Science and Technology, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:39-46. 2008..98), only 1.64% weight loss for 20 days, and it completely degrades after 18 days in basic buffer (pH 7.4). Comparing with poly(sebacic anhydride) (PSA), POA has the higher crystallization degree, and the slower hydrolytic rate...
- Triflic anhydride mediated cyclization of 5-hydroxy-substituted pyrrolidinones for the preparation of alpha-trifluoromethylsulfonamido furansAlbert Padwa
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Org Chem 68:5139-46. 2003..In certain cases, the sulfonamide furan was utilized as a cycloaddition substrate for the synthesis of indolines and related heterocyclic systems...
- Phosphine-free cross-coupling reaction of arylboronic acids with carboxylic anhydrides or acyl chlorides in aqueous mediaBingwei Xin
Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, P R China
J Org Chem 71:5725-31. 2006..The Pd(OAc)2-H2O-[bmim][PF6] catalytic system can be recovered and reused eight times with high efficiency for both carboxylic anhydride and acyl chloride...
- A stereoselective three-component reaction: KAl(SO4)2.12H2O, an efficient and reusable catalyst for the one-pot synthesis of cis-isoquinolonic acidsJavad Azizian
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Shahid Beheshti University, P O Box 19395 4716, Tehran, Iran
J Org Chem 70:350-2. 2005....
- Synthesis of Nepsilon-protected-L-lysine and gamma-benzyl-L-glutamate N-carboxyanhydrides (NCA) by carbamoylation and nitrosationW Vayaboury
Universite de Montpellier II, UMR 5073 CNRS, Montpellier, France
Amino Acids 27:161-7. 2004..It also showed that this new process of NCA synthesis could be applied to the synthesis of polypeptides and more generally to the protein chemistry...
- Gamma-irradiation stability of saturated and unsaturated aliphatic polyanhydrides--ricinoleic acid based polymersD Teomim
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Biomacromolecules 2:1015-22. 2001..This anhydride bond may be cleaved to form two radicals that further react with aliphatic anhydride bonds along the polymer chain to form inter- and/or intracyclization products...
- Rhodium-catalyzed enantioselective desymmetrization of meso-3,5-dimethyl glutaric anhydride: a general strategy to syn-deoxypolypropionate synthonsMatthew J Cook
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:9302-3. 2007
- The effect of storage temperatures on the in vitro properties of a polyanhydride implant containing gentamicinY Tian
Alcon Laboratories, R2 45, 6201 South Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76134 2099, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 28:897-903. 2002....
- Determination of dendrigraft poly-L-lysine diffusion coefficients by taylor dispersion analysisHerve Cottet
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron IBMM, UMR 5247 CNRS Universite de Montpellier 1 Universite de Montpellier 2, place Eugène Bataillon CC 017, 34095, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Biomacromolecules 8:3235-43. 2007....
- An effective use of benzoic anhydride and its derivatives for the synthesis of carboxylic esters and lactones: a powerful and convenient mixed anhydride method promoted by basic catalystsIsamu Shiina
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tokyo University of Science, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8601, Japan
J Org Chem 69:1822-30. 2004..The efficiency of the cyclizations is compared to those of other reported lactonizations...
- Characterization and in vitro degradation of salicylate-derived poly(anhydride-ester microspheres)Brian A Yeagy
Department of Pharmaceutics, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Microencapsul 23:643-53. 2006..These results demonstrate that salicylate-based poly(anhydride-esters) with sufficiently high Tgs, can be processed into microspheres that release salicylate over a time period amenable for drug delivery applications...
- Hydrolytic degradation of ricinoleic-sebacic-ester-anhydride copolymersMichal Y Krasko
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Biomacromolecules 6:1877-84. 2005..It was established that during the hydrolysis under physiological conditions the degradation products have a composition and water absorption similar to those of the synthesized oligoesters...
- Synthesis of chitosan-based polymeric surfactants and their adsorption properties for heavy metals and fatty acidsMoo Yeal Lee
Department of International Development Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2 12 1 Ookayama, Meguro ku, Tokyo 152 8552, Japan
Int J Biol Macromol 36:152-8. 2005..polymeric surfactants (CBPSs) were prepared by N-acylation of chitosans (chitosan 10 and 500) with several acid anhydrides such as hexanoic (C6), lauric (C12), and palmitic (C16) anhydrides...
- Evaluation of anhydride oligomers within polymer microsphere blends and their impact on bioadhesion and drug delivery in vitroC A Santos
Spherics, Inc, Lincoln, RI 02865, USA
Biomaterials 24:3571-83. 2003....
- Nanometric dispersion of a Mg/Al layered double hydroxide into a chemically modified polycaprolactonePasqualina Mangiacapra
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica e Alimentare, Universita di Salerno, Via Don Melillo 1, 84084 Fisciano SA, Italy
Biomacromolecules 8:773-9. 2007..This is an interesting method to obtain a direct intercalation of the modified polymer into the inorganic solid with a simple ionic exchange reaction...
- Pd-catalyzed stereoselective oxidation of methyl groups by inexpensive oxidants under mild conditions: a dual role for carboxylic anhydrides in catalytic C--H bond oxidationRamesh Giri
Department of Chemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:7420-4. 2005
- Magnesium bistrifluoromethanesulfonimide as a new and efficient acylation catalystAsit K Chakraborti
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sector 67, S A S Nagar 160 062, Punjab, India
J Org Chem 71:5785-8. 2006..The catalyst was found to be general for acylation with other anhydrides, such as propionic, isobutyric, pivalic, chloroacetic, and benzoic anhydrides...
- Kinetics of gelation and thermal sensitivity of N-isobutyryl chitosan hydrogelsLeticia Félix
Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Laboratory of Biopolymers, P O Box 1735, Hermosillo, Sonora, 83000 Mexico
Biomacromolecules 6:2408-15. 2005N-Acylation of chitosan with carboxylic anhydrides in dilute acetic acid/methanol has been a well documented strategy to selectively modify chitosan...
- In vitro release of clomipramine HCl and buprenorphine HCl from poly adipic anhydride (PAA) and poly trimethylene carbonate (PTMC) blendsRassoul Dinarvand
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 14155 6451, Tehran, Iran
J Biomed Mater Res A 75:185-91. 2005..However, the releases of buprenorphine HCl (5%) in the same devices were anomalous. For devices containing 50% and more PAA, surface erosion may play a significant role in the release of both molecules...
- Efficient preparation of proline N-carboxyanhydride using polymer-supported basesOscar P Gulín
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Parc Científic de Barcelona IRB PCB, Universitat de Barcelona, Josep Samitier 1 5, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Org Lett 8:5385-8. 2006..The polymer-supported amine can be recycled with a basic wash and filtration of the resin. The procedure facilitates the access to the efficient preparation of the polyproline polymer with potential therapeutic interest...
- Ligand-dependent catalytic cycle and role of styrene in nickel-catalyzed anhydride cross-coupling: evidence for turnover-limiting reductive eliminationJeffrey B Johnson
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:2718-25. 2007Results from a mechanistic study on the Ni(COD)2-bipy-catalyzed alkylation of anhydrides are consistent with turnover-limiting reductive elimination at high Et2Zn concentrations...
- Mechanism for the degradation of erythromycin A and erythromycin A 2'-ethyl succinate in acidic aqueous solutionAbdolreza Hassanzadeh
Schools of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
J Phys Chem A 111:10098-104. 2007....
- Linear conformation of poly(styrene-alt-maleic anhydride) capable of self-assembly: a result of chain stiffening by internal hydrogen bondsC Malardier-Jugroot
Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and Pulp and Paper Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Phys Chem B 109:7022-32. 2005..This linearity does not depend on the chirality of the polymer. The linearity of the chain occurs only at intermediate pH and can explain the association among the chains observed by dynamic light scattering at pH 7...
- Design of an injectable system based on bioerodible polyanhydride microspheres for sustained drug deliveryMatt J Kipper
AP Pharma, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Biomaterials 23:4405-12. 2002..Additionally, the zero-order release can be extended from about a week to a month by including CPH:SA 50:50 microspheres...
- Hexamethyldisilazane-mediated controlled polymerization of alpha-amino acid N-carboxyanhydridesHua Lu
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:14114-5. 2007
- Crystalline and dynamic mechanical behaviors of synthesized poly(sebacic anhydride-co-ethylene glycol)Cheng Kuang Chan
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Biomaterials 24:47-54. 2003....
- Influence of acyl chain length on transfection mediated by acylated PEI nanoparticlesSurendra Nimesh
Dr B R Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Int J Pharm 337:265-74. 2007..The polymer was acylated using acid anhydrides of varying carbon chain length, followed by cross-linking with PEG-bis-P to form compact nanoparticles...
- The development of an injection-molding process for a polyanhydride implant containing gentamicin sulfateJone Shin Deng
Hospital Products Division, Abbott Laboratories 97D AP4, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbot Park, IL 60064, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 56:65-77. 2002..The injection-molding cycle was developed and evaluated in terms of cycle reproducibility. Implants were tested and shown to yield an oriented skin-core structure exhibiting a desirable in-vitro drug release profile...
- Catalytic enantioselective construction of all-carbon quaternary stereocenters: synthetic and mechanistic studies of the C-acylation of silyl ketene acetalsAra H Mermerian
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:5604-7. 2005With the aid of an appropriate chiral catalyst, acyclic silyl ketene acetals react with anhydrides to furnish 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds that bear all-carbon quaternary stereocenters in good ee and yield...
- Salicylic acid-derived poly(anhydride-esters) inhibit bone resorption and formation in vivoRobert D Harten
Department of Orthopaedics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 72:354-62. 2005..These results indicate that locally released SA can significantly reduce both bone loss and bone formation in this animal model...
- [The synthesis of polyanhydrides and its application in biomedical field]Meili Yu
Artificial Cell Engineering and Technology Research Center of Health Ministry, Third Center Hospital, Tianjin 300170
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 20:135-8. 2003..Subsequently, the future researches and developments of polyanhydrides are prospected...
- Prolonging the action of protein and peptide drugs by a novel approach of reversible polyethylene glycol modificationHaim Tsubery
Departments of Biological Chemistry and Organic Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 279:38118-24. 2004....
- Derivatisation of 4-nonylphenol and bisphenol A with halogenated anhydridesA Stehmann
Institut fuer Siedlungswasserwirtschaft, Aachen University, Templergraben 55, D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Water Sci Technol 50:115-8. 2004..The NMR-spectra contained the predicted resonance signals...
- From beta-N-tert-butyloxycarbonyl N-carboxyanhydrides to beta-aminoacid derivativesJ Huck
UMR 5810, CNRS LAPP Universités Montpellier I et II Place E, Bataillon 34095, Montpellier, Cedex, France
J Pept Res 62:233-7. 2003....
- Dakin-West synthesis of beta-aryl ketonesKhanh Van Tran
Department of Chemistry, Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts 01063, USA
J Org Chem 71:6640-3. 2006..Hydrocinnamic acid, a compound previously reported to be unreactive under Dakin-West conditions, forms 4-phenyl-2-butanone when the reaction is catalyzed by 1-methylimidazole...
- Synthesis of a new seleninic acid anhydride and mechanistic studies into its glutathione peroxidase activitySun Chol Yu
Department of Pharmacy, Pyongyang Medical University, Ryonhwa dong, Central district Pyongyang DPR of Korea
Chemistry 14:7066-71. 2008..These data suggested that cycles A and B may constitute the major routes of GPx-like activity of 7, whereas cycle C may not significantly contribute to catalysis...
- 4-(Dimethylamino)pyridine N-oxide (DMAPO): an effective nucleophilic catalyst in the peptide coupling reaction with 2-methyl-6-nitrobenzoic anhydrideIsamu Shiina
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tokyo University of Science, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8601, Japan
Chem Asian J 3:454-61. 2008....
- Branch-selective intermolecular hydroacylation: hydrogen-mediated coupling of anhydrides to styrenes and activated olefinsYoung Taek Hong
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, A5300, 78712 1167, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:6885-8. 2006
- One-pot synthesis of chemically modified vegetable oilsBrajendra K Sharma
Food and Industrial Oil Research Unit, USDA NCAUR ARS, 1815 N University Street, Peoria, Illinois 61604, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:3049-56. 2008..synthesis of a novel class of chemically modified vegetable oils from epoxidized triacylglycerols and various anhydrides. In an anhydrous solvent, boron trifluoride etherate is used as catalyst to simultaneously open the oxirane ring ..
- Structural and mechanistic studies on carboxymethylproline synthase (CarB), a unique member of the crotonase superfamily catalyzing the first step in carbapenem biosynthesisMark C Sleeman
Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:34956-65. 2005..The structural work will aid in mutagenesis studies directed at altering the selectivity of CarB to provide intermediates for the production of clinically useful carbapenems...
- Development of environmentally friendly syntheses: use of enzymes and biomimetic systems for the direct carboxylation of organic substratesMichele Aresta
Department of Chemistry and METEA Research Center, University of Bari, Italy
J Biotechnol 90:113-28. 2002..enzyme for the conversion of phenol into 4-OH benzoic acid; and (ii) the potential of biomimetic mixed anhydrides for the synthesis of compounds of industrial interest...
- Modeling studies of potato nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase NTPDase1: an insight into the catalytic mechanismAnna Kozakiewicz
Department of Crystallochemistry and Biocrystallography, Institute of Chemistry, Torun, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 55:141-50. 2008..The presence of two nucleophiles in the active site of apyrase explains the differences in the hydrolytic activity between apyrases and other enzymes belonging to the NTPDase family...
- Tools for microwave-assisted parallel syntheses and combinatorial chemistryMatthias Nüchter
Institute of Technical Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Lessingstr 12, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Mol Divers 7:253-64. 2003..Emphasis is placed on similar reaction conditions in the individual vessels and the repeatability of results. Outcomes include esterifications and multi-center reactions exhibiting a great potential for combinatorial chemistry...
- Synthesis and characterization of novel poly(sebacic anhydride-co-Pluronic F68/F127) biopolymeric microspheres for the controlled release of nifedipineNamdev B Shelke
Drug Delivery Division, Center of Excellence in Polymer Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580003, India
Int J Pharm 345:51-8. 2007....
- Supercritical fluid crystallization of griseofulvin: crystal habit modification with a selective growth inhibitorDaniel J Jarmer
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Boulder, Colorado, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:2688-702. 2005..Despite the change in crystal habit, griseofulvin crystals achieved 100% dissolution within 60 min in a simulated gastric fluid...
- Novel fluorescent copolyanhydrides as potential visible matrices for drug deliveryH L Jiang
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Biomaterials 23:2345-51. 2002..The polymers were further fabricated to microsphere formulation, which can be clearly visualized by fluorescent microscopy...
- Side reactions in the H-phosphonate approach to oligonucleotide synthesis: a kinetic investigation on bisacylphosphite formation and 5'-O-acylationSusannah Sigurdsson
Division of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, MBB, Scheele Laboratory, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 22:1-12. 2003..21 for 5'-O-pivaloylation). For both reactions considerably lower rates in the presence of sterically hindered pyridines suggest the existence of nucleophilic catalysis on pivaloyl chloride in reactions with non-hindered pyridines...
- Reaction of dimethoxycarbene-DMAD zwitterion with 1,2-diones and anhydrides: a novel synthesis of highly substituted dihydrofurans and spirodihydrofuransVijay Nair
Organic Chemistry Division, Regional Research Laboratory CSIR, Trivandrum, India
J Org Chem 71:2313-9. 2006..of dimethoxycarbene and DMAD adds efficiently to one of the carbonyl groups of 1,2-dicarbonyl compounds and anhydrides to generate dihydrofurans and spirodihydrofurans in good yields...
- Diastereoselective synthesis of gamma-lactams by a one-pot, four-component reactionJingqiang Wei
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Org Lett 9:4077-80. 2007A new one-pot, four-component reaction (4CR) between amines, maleic anhydrides, aldehydes, and thiols has been discovered to form tetra- and pentasubstituted gamma-lactams with high diastereoselectivity...
- The relationship between structures and in vitro properties of a polyanhydride implant containing gentamicin sulfateJ S Deng
Advanced Drug Delivery, Hospital Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 6:541-9. 2001..The in vitro drug release of the cracking implants was markedly faster than that of the non-cracking implants due to the pronounced initial drug-burst effect as a result of crack formation in the implants...
- Anhydrides as acylating agents in the enzymatic resolution of an intermediate of (-)-ParoxetineGonzalo de Gonzalo
Departamento de Quimica Organica e Inorganica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Oviedo, 33071 Oviedo, Spain
J Org Chem 68:3333-6. 2003A new chemoenzymatic method for the preparation of an intermediate of (-)-Paroxetine is reported. Cyclic anhydrides are used as acylating agents in the lipase-catalyzed esterification of trans-4-(4'-fluorophenyl)-3-hydroxymethyl-N-..
- Antiviral effects of milk proteins: acylation results in polyanionic compounds with potent activity against human immunodeficiency virus types 1 and 2 in vitroP J Swart
Department of Pharmaceutical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, University Centre for Pharmacy, Groningen, The Netherlands
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 12:769-75. 1996..By acylation of the amino function of the lysine residues in the proteins, using anhydrides of succinic acid or cis-aconitic acid, protein derivatives were obtained that all showed a strong antiviral ..
- Enantiomeric resolution of biomarkers in space analysis: Chemical derivatization and signal processing for gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis of chiral amino acidsM C Pietrogrande
Department of Chemistry, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari, 46, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1217:1126-33. 2010..to obtain the alkyl alkoxy carbonyl esters and a mixture of perfluorinated alcohols and anhydrides to form perfluoroacyl perfluoroalkyl esters...
- Palladium-catalyzed coupling of ammonia with aryl chlorides, bromides, iodides, and sulfonates: a general method for the preparation of primary arylaminesGiang D Vo
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:11049-61. 2009..of a small library of these carbonyl compounds from aryl bromides and chlorides, ammonia, and acid chlorides or anhydrides. Mechanistic studies show that reactions conducted with the combination of Pd[P(o-tol)(3)](2) and CyPF-t-Bu as ..
- Occupational asthma due to low molecular weight agentsF Di Stefano
Department of Medicine and Science of Aging, Section of Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Occupational Medicine, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 17:77-82. 2004..Low molecular weight agents such as isocyanates, aldehydes, anhydrides, colophony, dyes, persulphate, amines, acrylates and metals are steadily increasing as causative agents of ..
- Sodium citrate supplementation in inborn argininosuccinate lyase deficiency: a study in a 5-year-old patient under total parenteral nutritionC Renner
Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 154:909-14. 1995..8-41.7 mumol/l). Correspondingly serum concentrations of argininosuccinate and its anhydrides rose (270-458 mumol/l), positively correlated with the doses of sodium citrate...
- [Contact allergy to epoxy resins plastics based on materials collected by the Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine]Marta Kiec-Swierczynska
Przychodni Chorób Zawodowych Instytutu Medycyny, Łodzi
Med Pr 54:145-8. 2003..that allergy to resin, reactive diluents and plasticizers was on increase, whereas allergy to amines and acid anhydrides hardeners was on decrease...
- The risk of occupational rhinitisM Hytonen
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 69:487-90. 1997..Reports on the aetiology and risk of occupational rhinitis in different occupations are scarce...
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: N-cyanosulfonamides, a new class of high affinity isozyme II and IV inhibitorsC T Supuran
Universita degli Studi, Laboratorio di Chimica Inorganica e Bioinorganica, Firenze, Italia
J Enzyme Inhib 14:289-306. 1999..has been prepared by reaction of alkyl-, arylalkyl- and arylsulfonyl halides or sulfonic acid anhydrides with cyanamide, or by reaction of cyanogen bromide with sulfamide/sulfamic acid...
- Spectrophotometric and titrimetric determination of nizatidine in capsulesF A El-Yazbi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, University of Alexandria, El Messalah, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:1027-34. 2003..The second method depends on the condensation of mixed anhydrides of citric acid/acetic anhydride, with the tertiary amino group of the drug, where the developed color is ..
- Synthesis of new indeno[1,2-c]isoquinolines: cytotoxic non-camptothecin topoisomerase I inhibitorsM Cushman
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Med Chem 43:3688-98. 2000..The synthesis relied on the condensation of substituted Schiff bases with homophthalic anhydrides to produce cis-3-aryl-4-carboxyisoquinolones that were cyclized to indenoisoquinolines in the presence of ..
- Synthesis and solution properties of deferoxamine amidesP M Ihnat
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6025, USA
J Pharm Sci 89:1525-36. 2000..amides were prepared by reacting the terminal primary amino group with fatty and aromatic acid chlorides or anhydrides. Octanol/water partition coefficients and equilibrium solubilities of these analogs in solvents, chosen to ..
- Argininosuccinic aciduria: clinical and biochemical findings in three children with the late onset form, with special emphasis on cerebrospinal fluid findings of amino acids and pyrimidinesG P Gerrits
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuropediatrics 24:15-8. 1993..All patients showed elevated concentrations of argininosuccinic acid and its anhydrides in all body fluids, most pronounced in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- Protein stabilization via hydrophilization. Covalent modification of trypsin and alpha-chymotrypsinV V Mozhaev
Chemistry Department, Moscow State University, USSR
Eur J Biochem 173:147-54. 1988..Alpha-chymotrypsin is covalently modified by treatment with anhydrides or chloroanhydrides of aromatic carboxylic acids...
- 3-Formylchromones IV. The rearrangement of 3-formylchromone enamines as a simple, facile route to novel pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridines and the synthetic utility of the latterMargita Lácová
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, SK 842 15 Bratislava, Slovakia
Molecules 10:809-21. 2005..Acyloxy-derivatives 5 of compounds 4 were obtained by acylation with acid chlorides or acid anhydrides. Coumarins 6 substituted at the 3- and 4-positions were prepared from the pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridines 4 by ..
- Design of bioinspired polymeric materials based on poly(D,L-lactic acid) modifications towards improving its cytocompatibilityXufeng Niu
Research Center of Bioinspire Material Science and Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 84:908-16. 2008..neutralize the acid generated during DL-PLA degradation, aliphatic diamine was immobilized by the N-acylation of anhydrides with butanediamine...
- Enhanced film-forming properties for ethyl cellulose and starch acetate using n-alkenyl succinic anhydrides as novel plasticizersMaarit Tarvainen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 19:363-71. 2003The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of n-alkenyl succinic anhydrides (n-ASAs) to improve the film-forming characteristics of a novel coating polymer, potato starch acetate degree of substitution 2.8 (SA)...
- Development of polymeric gene delivery carriers: PEGylated copolymers of L-lysine and L-phenylalanineYi Rac Choi
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Hyperstructured Organic Materials Research Center HOMRC, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
J Drug Target 15:391-8. 2007..acid)-based random copolymers were successfully synthesized by the ring opening polymerization of the N-carboxy anhydrides (NCA) of L-lysine and L-phenylalanine...
- Synthesis and reactions of some new substituted pyridine and pyrimidine derivatives as analgesic, anticonvulsant and antiparkinsonian agentsAbd El Galil E Amr
National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 338:433-40. 2005..Similarly, compound 2 was reacted with previous anhydrides to afford the corresponding imide 6 and bis-imide derivatives 7 and 8, respectively...
- From beta-lactams to alpha- and beta-amino acid derived peptidesC Palomo
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad del Pais Vasco, San Sebastian, Spain
Amino Acids 16:321-43. 1999..lie, on one side, in the oxidative ring expansion of 3-hydroxy beta-lactams to N-carboxy alpha-amino acid anhydrides or Leuch's anhydrides and subsequent coupling with alpha-amino acid esters and, on the other side, in the ..
- Skin sensitization and possible groupings for 'read across' for rosin based substancesH P A Illing
PICS Ltd, Sherwood, Brimstage Road, Heswall, Wirral CH60 1XE, UK
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 54:234-41. 2009..Esterification will deactivate acid anhydrides formed from reacting rosin with maleic anhydride or fumaric acid...
- Biodegradable synthetic polymers for tissue engineeringP A Gunatillake
CSIRO Molecular Science, Bag 10, Clayton South MDC, VIC 3169, Australia
Eur Cell Mater 5:1-16; discussion 16. 2003..work has focused on developing injectable polymer compositions based on poly (propylene fumarate) and poly (anhydrides) to meet these requirements in orthopaedic tissue engineering...
- Oxidation of cyclic dipeptides by photoinduced H-atom abstraction. A laser flash FT EPR and optical spectroscopy studyPeter Tarabek
Interdisciplinary Research Group Time Resolved Spectroscopy, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy, University of Leipzig, Permoserstrasse 15, Leipzig, D 04318, Germany
J Phys Chem A 111:4958-64. 2007..employed in order to investigate the oxidation mechanism of cyclic dipeptides glycine, alanine, and sarcosine anhydrides initiated by SO4*- or 9,10-anthraquinone-2,6-disulfonate (2,6-AQDS) triplet in oxygen free aqueous solutions...
- Respiratory allergy and pulmonary irritation to trimellitic anhydride in Brown Norway ratsJosje H E Arts
Toxicology Division, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Zeist, The Netherlands
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 187:38-49. 2003Occupational exposure to low-molecular-weight (LMW) allergens such as acid anhydrides can result in occupational asthma, an allergic disease characterized by episodic airway obstruction, airways inflammation, and non specific airways ..
- An investigation of argininosuccinic acid anhydrides in argininosuccinic acid lyase deficiency by 1H-NMR spectroscopyS P Burns
Medical Unit Cellular Mechanisms Research Group, London Hospital Medical College, Whitechapel, UK
Clin Chim Acta 221:1-13. 1993..3.2.1) deficiency (ASLD). Previous workers have reported the presence of anhydrides of ASA in the urine of patients with this disorder...
- Grafting of chitosan as a biopolymer onto wool fabric using anhydride bridge and its antibacterial propertyMarziyeh Ranjbar-Mohammadi
Textile Engineering Department, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 76:397-403. 2010..In this paper, the surface modification of wool fabric using anhydrides to graft the chitosan was studied...
- Redox-silent tocotrienol esters as breast cancer proliferation and migration inhibitorsFathy A Behery
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71201, United States
Bioorg Med Chem 18:8066-75. 2010..ester analogues 4-15 were prepared by direct esterification of natural tocotrienol isomers with various acid anhydrides or chlorides...
- Determination of some histamine H1-receptor antagonists in dosage formsAzza A Gazy
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:859-67. 2002..The last method involves the base-catalysed condensation of mixed anhydrides of organic acids (citric acid/acetic anhydride) where as the tertiary amino group in the above-cited drugs acts ..
- Carboxyketenes, methyleneketenes, vinylketenes, oxetanediones, ynols, and ylidic ketenes from Meldrum's acid derivativesLisa George
Chemistry Building, School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Org Biomol Chem 5:1437-41. 2007..5-methylene-Meldrum's acid derivatives (1, 12 ) and their enols (2, 13) can undergo fragmentation to malonic anhydrides (4, 19 ), carboxyketenes (3, 16) and methyleneketene (5, 21 , 35 ), as well as cyclization to pyrrole-3-one and ..
- Cytotoxicity of 3,4-dihalogenated 2(5H)-furanonesEric Lattmann
School of Life and Health Sciences, Biomedical Division, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:1163-70. 2004..In one synthetic step the carbamates 2a-c and the pseudoanhydrides 4a-e were prepared using isocyanates and acid anhydrides. A series of 5-alkoxylated 3,4-dichloro-2(5H)-furanones 5a-o have been synthesized with a wide range of ..
- Validated stability-indicating spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of ebastine in pharmaceutical preparationsFawzia Ibrahim
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mansoura University, Mansoura, 35516, Egypt
Chem Cent J 5:11. 2011..Method I involves condensation of the drug with mixed anhydrides (citric and acetic anhydrides) producing a product with intense fluorescence, which was measured at 496 nm after ..
- Synthesis and characterization of cis-4-decenoyl-CoA, 3-phenylpropionyl-CoA, and 2,6-dimethylheptanoyl-CoAHany F Sobhi
Center for Mitochondrial Diseases, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Anal Biochem 401:114-24. 2010..Here we describe the synthesis of three medium-chain acyl-CoAs from mixed anhydrides of the fatty acids using an aqueous-organic solvent mixture optimized to obtain the highest yield...
- Perfluorosulfonic acid membrane catalysts for optical sensing of anhydrides in the gas phaseSubasri M Ayyadurai
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
Anal Chem 82:6265-72. 2010....
- PEG branched polymer for functionalization of nanomaterials with ultralong blood circulationGiuseppe Prencipe
Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, Keck Science Building, Rm 125, 380 Roth Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:4783-7. 2009..Additionally, the remaining carboxylic acids on gammaPGA or the amine-reactive anhydrides of PMHC18 are then PEGylated, providing extended hydrophilic groups, affording polymeric amphiphiles...
- Pre-column fluorescence derivatization using leucine-coumarnylamide for HPLC determination of mono- and dicarboxylic acids in plasmaF Lévai
Pharmacokinetic and Metabolism Laboratory, CHINOIN Pharmaceutical and Chemical Works Co Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 83:39-46. 1995..Carboxylic acids form mixed anhydrides with ethyl chloroformate in the presence of triethylamine; the mixed anhydrides further react with L-leucine-4-..
- Synthesis and antitumor activity of some new xanthotoxin derivativesOmaima M Abdel Hafez
Chemistry of Natural Product Department, National Research Center, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Med Chem 44:2967-74. 2009..On the other hand, the reaction of aminoxanthotoxin 1 with some anhydrides afforded 4-imidione derivatives 3a-d...
- A novel synthesis of succinic acid type Gemini surfactant by the functional group interconversion of Corynomicolic acidTsunetomo Aisaka
Department of Chemistry and Materials Technology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
J Oleo Sci 56:633-44. 2007..After converting a mixture of syn- and anti-2,3-bis(undecyl)succinic acids to corresponding acid anhydrides, syn- and anti-anhydride isomers were separated by column chromatography, and by following hydrolysis syn- and ..
- Optimization of Cure Efficiency in Polymeric BiomaterialLawrence Musanje; Fiscal Year: 2006..light source, 4) apply the developed visible light initiating system in polymerization of dimethacrylate anhydrides monomers...
- Complex Heterocycles and Hybrid Strategies for Pilot Scale LibrariesMark J Kurth; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) 440 diverse lactams that emanate from multicomponent reactions and formal cycloadditions employing anhydrides, (2) 308 enantiomerically-pure 3-hydroxy-2-oxindoles and spirocyclic oxindole-oxazolines featuring ..
- IMMUNOTOXICITY OF ACID ANHYDRIDES IN THE LUNGJEAN REGAL; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract) Acid anhydrides, used in a number of industries, cause the immunotoxic response of allergy...
- PHOSPHATE ANALOG PROBES OF RED CELL METABOLISMRichard Labotka; Fiscal Year: 1990..Two such small anions, acetyl phosphate (divalent) and methyl acetyl phosphate (monovalent) are reactive anhydrides capable of acetylation reactions near amino groups...
- DEVELOPMENT OF SITE SPECIFIC ANTISICKLING AGENTSMichael Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The secons approach will be based on a series of mixed phosphate anhydrides that are structurally related to BPG and are predicated to have a high affinity for its bindin site, providing ..
- STRUCTURE, DYNAMICS AND MECHANISM OF SERINE PROTEASESWilliam Bachovchin; Fiscal Year: 1990..of inhibitors: (a) peptide-boronic acids, (b) peptide-aldehydes, (c) peptide fluoromethylketones, (d) isotoic anhydrides, (e) protein-protease inhibitors. 2...
- Stereoselective Catalysis of the Asymmetric Desymmetrization of Meso CompoundsViktorya Aviyente; Fiscal Year: 2009..understand the origins of the stereoselective nonenzymatic ring openings in the desymmetrization of meso cyclic anhydrides. The ultimate goal is to develop a theoretical understanding of the factors that control stereoselectivity and ..
- 3T Atherosclerotic MRI and Carotid Artery Scoring SystemChun Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Development and validation of a woodsmoke biomarker in urineChristopher Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- Synthesis of New NNRTLs for the Treatment of AIDSMark Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The activities of the ADAMs vs. NNRTI resistant viruses will be investigated. The aqueous solubilities of the new ADAMs will be measured accurately. ..
- Biological Monitoring of Woodsmoke exposureChristopher Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposed study addresses NORA research priorities related to asthma and COPD, exposure assessment methods and control technology/personal protective equipment. ..
- LTQ Linear Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer SystemSusan Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2005..Project descriptions for 9 major users, 4 minor users and 3 future users are presented. ..
- Chemical Mechanism of Guanine DeaminationRainer Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. The computational studies will include studies of the bimolecular reaction mechanisms for dediazoniation of the nucleobase diazonium ions. ..
- IMPROVEMENT OF PREVENTIVE AND RESTORATIVE MATERIALSRAFAEL BOWEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of urinary 1-nitropyrene metabolities as a biomarker for exposure to dChristopher Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LIGANDS FOR PROBING THE ACTIVE SITE OF LUMAZINE SYNTHASEMark Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- New Orally Active Agents for Cancer PreventionTadashi Honda; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..