- Atomoxetine increases extracellular levels of norepinephrine and dopamine in prefrontal cortex of rat: a potential mechanism for efficacy in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Frank P Bymaster
Neuroscience Research Division, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:699-711. 2002
..In contrast to methylphenidate, atomoxetine did not increase DA in striatum or nucleus accumbens, suggesting it would not have motoric or drug abuse liabilities...
- Long-acting medications for the hyperkinetic disorders. A systematic review and European treatment guideline
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:476-95. 2006
..Individual clinical choice is needed. (3) Both ATX and extended-release preparations of stimulants should be available. The choice will depend upon the circumstances, and detailed recommendations are made...
- European guidelines on managing adverse effects of medication for ADHD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Centre for Child Health, Dundee, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:17-37. 2011
..Some of the effects examined appeared to be minimal in impact or difficult to distinguish from risk to untreated populations. However, several areas require further study to allow a more precise understanding of these risks...
- Mortality associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drug treatment: a retrospective cohort study of children, adolescents and young adults using the general practice research database
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London and the Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Drug Saf 32:1089-96. 2009
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults
Neurozentrum, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:684-98. 2010
..To examine available literature regarding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults...
- Sub-optimal performance in the 5-choice serial reaction time task in rats was sensitive to methylphenidate, atomoxetine and d-amphetamine, but unaffected by the COMT inhibitor tolcapone
Neil E Paterson
Behavioral Pharmacology, PsychoGenics, Inc, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Neurosci Res 69:41-50. 2011
..Finally, tolcapone had no effects on sub-optimal performance in the variable ITI 5-CSRTT. These results suggest minimal potential of tolcapone as a therapeutic agent for ADHD and implicate cortical NE, not DA, in impulsive action...
- Persistence of pharmacological treatment into adulthood, in UK primary care, for ADHD patients who started treatment in childhood or adolescence
School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
BMC Psychiatry 12:219. 2012
- Dynamics of membrane protein/amphipol association studied by Förster resonance energy transfer: implications for in vitro studies of amphipol-stabilized membrane proteins
Laboratoire de Physico Chimie Moléculaire des Membranes Biologiques, UMR 7099, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, and Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Universite Paris 7, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, F 75005 Paris, France
Biochemistry 46:10392-404. 2007
..These findings are discussed in the contexts of sample optimization for MP solution studies and of APol-mediated MP functionalization...
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in the European adult population: prevalence, disease awareness, and treatment guidelines
Josep Antoni Ramos-Quiroga
Adult ADHD Program, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 29:1093-104. 2013
..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a chronic neurobiological disorder with childhood onset and persistence into adolescence and adulthood...
- Atomoxetine improved response inhibition in adults with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Samuel R Chamberlain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 62:977-84. 2007
..Compared with psychostimulants, atomoxetine has a distinct mode of brain action and potentially lower addictive potential. Studies have yet to assess whether atomoxetine improves cognition following a single oral dose in ADHD...
- Atomoxetine and cerebrovascular outcomes in adults
Crystal N Holick
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, MA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:453-60. 2009
..The aim of this study was to estimate the association between atomoxetine and cerebrovascular accident (CVA) and transient ischemic attack (TIA) in adults...
- Atomoxetine treatment of ADHD in children with comorbid Tourette syndrome
Thomas J Spencer
Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
J Atten Disord 11:470-81. 2008
..This study examines changes in severity of tics and ADHD during atomoxetine treatment in ADHD patients with Tourette syndrome (TS)...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of atomoxetine in Japanese children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Lilly Research Laboratories Japan, Kobe, Japan E mail
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:341-50. 2009
..This first placebo-controlled Japan study of an ADHD nonstimulant therapy assessed atomoxetine efficacy and safety to determine the optimal dose for controlling ADHD symptoms in children and adolescents...
- Neural correlates of error monitoring modulated by atomoxetine in healthy volunteers
Department of Psychiatry, Ulm University Hospital, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 69:890-7. 2011
..We investigated the effects of atomoxetine (80 mg) on error monitoring as a second key component of cognitive control...
- Bacteriorhodopsin/amphipol complexes: structural and functional properties
Laboratoire de Physico Chimie Moléculaire des Membranes Biologiques, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, and Université Paris 7, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Paris, France
Biophys J 94:3523-37. 2008
..In the absence of free APol, BR/APol particles can autoassociate into small or large ordered fibrils...
- Pattern classification of working memory networks reveals differential effects of methylphenidate, atomoxetine, and placebo in healthy volunteers
Andre F Marquand
Department of Neuroimaging, Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1237-47. 2011
..Thus, interactions between drug effects and motivational state are crucial in defining the effects of MPH and ATX...
- Atomoxetine modulates right inferior frontal activation during inhibitory control: a pharmacological functional magnetic resonance imaging study
Samuel R Chamberlain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Biol Psychiatry 65:550-5. 2009
..However, the mechanisms by which atomoxetine improves inhibitory control have yet to be determined...
- Effects of atomoxetine and methylphenidate on attention and impulsivity in the 5-choice serial reaction time test
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, PA 19426 USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:34-41. 2008
..Those data suggest that the 5CSRT test can be used to differentiate stimulant and non-stimulant pharmacotherapies on measures of impulsivity...
- Adverse effects of pharmacotherapies for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: epidemiology, prevention and management
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Dundee, Section of Psychiatry, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland
CNS Drugs 22:213-37. 2008
..For example, the latter shares the stimulant group's potential for changing cardiovascular parameters, but may not cause insomnia...
- New perspectives from microdialysis studies in freely-moving, spontaneously hypertensive rats on the pharmacology of drugs for the treatment of ADHD
D J Heal
RenaSci Consultancy Limited, BioCity, Nottingham NG1 1GF, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:184-97. 2008
..When the findings are compared with the clinical efficacy of drugs used in treating ADHD, they indicate that the most efficacious drugs powerfully increase both norepinephrinergic and dopaminergic neurotransmission...
- Cardiovascular effects of methylphenidate, amphetamines and atomoxetine in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Drug Saf 33:821-42. 2010
- Dissociable effects of monoamine reuptake inhibitors on distinct forms of impulsive behavior in rats
Petra J J Baarendse
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, UMC Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 219:313-26. 2012
..However, impulsive behavior is behaviorally and neurally heterogeneous, and several caveats remain in our understanding of the role of monoamines in impulse control...
- Correlates of alcohol use in adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disorders: exploratory analysis of a placebo-controlled trial of atomoxetine
Timothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:2309-20. 2011
..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and substance use disorder are often comorbid in adults. The effects of ADHD treatment on comorbid alcohol use disorder have not been extensively studied...
- Well-defined critical association concentration and rapid adsorption at the air/water interface of a short amphiphilic polymer, amphipol A8-35: a study by Förster resonance energy transfer and dynamic surface tension measurements
UMR 7099, CNRS Université Paris 7, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, F 75005 Paris, France
Langmuir 28:10372-80. 2012
- Dissociable effects of noradrenaline, dopamine, and serotonin uptake blockade on stop task performance in rats
Department of Experimental Psychology and Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB23EB, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 205:273-83. 2009
..While there is relative consensus regarding the anatomical substrates of behavioral inhibition, the neurochemical imbalance responsible for the deficits in stopping displayed by impulsive individuals is still a matter of debate...
- Pharmacologic treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children: incidence, prevalence, and treatment patterns in the Netherlands
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development Inc, Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087 5637, USA
Clin Ther 33:188-203. 2011
- Novel treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children
Thomas J Spencer
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:16-22. 2002
- Methylphenidate and atomoxetine enhance prefrontal function through α2-adrenergic and dopamine D1 receptors
Nao J Gamo
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1011-23. 2010
- The epidemiology of pharmacologically treated attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary care
School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
BMC Pediatr 12:78. 2012
..The aim of this study was to investigate the annual prevalence and incidence of pharmacologically treated ADHD in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary care...
- Atomoxetine improves patient and family coping in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in Swedish children and adolescents
Eli Lilly Sweden AB, Box 721, 169 27 Solna, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:725-35. 2009
- Atomoxetine as an adjunct therapy in the treatment of co-morbid attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents with bipolar I or II disorder
Pediatric Bipolar Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:547-51. 2009
..We conducted an 8-week, open label study to study the efficacy and tolerability of adjunct atomoxetine in euthymic children and adolescents with BPD and ADHD...
- Atomoxetine use associated with onset of a motor tic
Department of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:331-3. 2005
..Further research is needed to determine if atomoxetine is an appropriate alternative medication in patients with ADHD and a comorbid tic disorder...
- Medications do not necessarily normalize cognition in ADHD patients
C Thomas Gualtieri
North Carolina Neuropsychiatry Clinics, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Atten Disord 11:459-69. 2008
..Although ADHD medications are effective for the behavioral components of the disorder, little information exists concerning their effects on cognition, especially in community samples...
- Evaluation of atomoxetine for first-line treatment of newly diagnosed, treatment-naïve children and adolescents with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Clinical Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Avenida Industria 30, Alcobendas, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2745-54. 2009
..To test the hypothesis that first-line treatment with atomoxetine provides superior efficacy than placebo for up to 12 weeks in improving the symptoms of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)...
- Neurochemical modulation of response inhibition and probabilistic learning in humans
Samuel R Chamberlain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 189, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Science 311:861-3. 2006
- Comparison of the inhibitory and excitatory effects of ADHD medications methylphenidate and atomoxetine on motor cortex
Donald L Gilbert
Division of Neurology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:442-9. 2006
..Cortical inhibition, shown previously to be abnormal in ADHD, may play a key role producing behavioral pathology...
- Cardiovascular effects of atomoxetine in children, adolescents, and adults
Joachim F Wernicke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Drug Saf 26:729-40. 2003
..Adverse effects on the cardiovascular system, including abnormalities in heart rate, blood pressure, or cardiac rhythm have been associated with several noradrenergic medications...
- Seizure risk in patients with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder treated with atomoxetine
Joachim F Wernicke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:498-502. 2007
..The shared vulnerability between ADHD and seizure activity should be taken into account when making treatment decisions for populations of children with epilepsy and children with ADHD...
- Long-term atomoxetine treatment in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Timothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Pediatr 149:112-9. 2006
..To determine the efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in adolescent subjects treated for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) for up to 2 years...
- Outcomes of OROS methylphenidate compared with atomoxetine in children with ADHD: a multicenter, randomized prospective study
Jason E Kemner
McNeil Consumer and Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania 19034, USA
Adv Ther 22:498-512. 2005
..Although community-based studies often lack the control of randomized, placebo-controlled trials, these results nevertheless suggest greater ADHD symptom improvement with OROS MPH compared with atomoxetine...
- Once-daily atomoxetine for treating pediatric attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: comparison of morning and evening dosing
Stan L Block
Kentucky Pediatric Research, Bardstown, Kentucky 40004, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 48:723-33. 2009
..Evening dosing showed greater tolerability with significantly more patients receiving morning atomoxetine reporting at least 1 adverse event than those receiving evening atomoxetine...
- Chemerin/ChemR23 signaling axis is involved in the endothelial protection by K(ATP) channel opener iptakalim
Rui Jun Zhao
Department of Environmental Medicine, Institute of Health and Environmental Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 32:573-80. 2011
..To elucidate the modulation of the chemerin/ChemR23 axis by iptakalim-induced opening of K(ATP) channels and to determine the role of the chemerin/ChemR23 axis in the iptakalim-mediated endothelial protection...
- Effects of acute and chronic administration of atomoxetine and methylphenidate on extracellular levels of noradrenaline, dopamine and serotonin in the prefrontal cortex and striatum of mice
Laboratory of Medicinal Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Neurochem 114:259-70. 2010
..These results suggest that acute and chronic administration of the ADHD drugs selectively activate the prefrontal catecholamine systems in mice...
- Atomoxetine: a review of its use in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 64:205-22. 2004
..This also means repeat prescriptions during long-term treatment can be more conveniently processed...
- Comparison of symptomatic versus functional changes in children and adolescents with ADHD during randomized, double-blind treatment with psychostimulants, atomoxetine, or placebo
Jan K Buitelaar
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre and Karakter University Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:335-42. 2009
- Efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder with comorbid oppositional defiant disorder
Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Atten Disord 8:45-52. 2004
..To compare the safety and efficacy of atomoxetine, a selective inhibitor of the norepinephrine transporter, versus placebo in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) patients with comorbid Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)...
- Pharmacotherapy for child and adolescent attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Hoboken University Medical Center, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:99-120, xi. 2011
..In addition, it addresses treatment selection, guidelines for monitoring treatment, and recent controversies in the field...
- Evaluation of the reinforcing effects of monoamine reuptake inhibitors under a concurrent schedule of food and i.v. drug delivery in rhesus monkeys
McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:758-64. 2005
..The absence of reinforcing effects of atomoxetine support the view that, like desipramine, it has no evident abuse potential...
- Amphipols stabilize the Chlamydia major outer membrane protein and enhance its protective ability as a vaccine
Delia F Tifrea
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical Sciences I, Room D440, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4800, USA
Vaccine 29:4623-31. 2011
..Thus, amphipols can be used in vaccine formulations to stabilize a membrane-protein component and enhance its immunogenicity...
- Similar effects of the selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor atomoxetine on three distinct forms of impulsivity in the rat
Emma S J Robinson
Department of Experimental Psychology, Behavioural and Clinical Neurosciences Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1028-37. 2008
- Hemodynamic effects of acute administration of atomoxetine and methylphenidate
Ronan P Kelly
Lilly NUS Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, Level 6 Clinical Research Centre MD11, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Clin Pharmacol 45:851-5. 2005
- Evaluation of patients' and parents' quality of life in a randomized placebo-controlled atomoxetine study in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
EU Medical, Lilly Research Laboratories, Alcobendas, Spain
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:253-63. 2009
..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the superior efficacy of atomoxetine with respect to placebo and to compare parent and child perceptions of health-related quality of life (HRQoL)...
- Amphipol-assisted folding of bacteriorhodopsin in the presence or absence of lipids: functional consequences
UMR 7099, CNRS Université Paris 7, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005, Paris, France
Eur Biophys J 42:85-101. 2013
..BR interactions with lipids, however, contribute to an effective photocycle...
- Discriminative-stimulus, self-reported, performance, and cardiovascular effects of atomoxetine in methylphenidate-trained humans
Joshua A Lile
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, 40536 0086, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 14:136-47. 2006
..These data suggest that the behavioral effects of atomoxetine overlap to a small degree with psychomotor stimulants and that it has low abuse potential...
- Changes in symptoms and adverse events after discontinuation of atomoxetine in children and adults with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a prospective, placebo-controlled assessment
Joachim F Wernicke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis IN 46285, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:30-5. 2004
..It appears that atomoxetine may be discontinued without risk for symptom rebound or discontinuation-emergent adverse effects. Tapering of doses is not necessary when atomoxetine is discontinued...
- Atomoxetine treatment of adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disorders
Timothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, YAW 6900, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 96:145-54. 2008
..The study aim was to determine if atomoxetine was superior to placebo in improving ADHD and alcohol use in recently abstinent adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disorder...
- Inhibition of the norepinephrine transporter improves behavioral flexibility in rats and monkeys
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:505-19. 2009
- Atomoxetine and stroop task performance in adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Stephen V Faraone
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:664-70. 2005
..The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of atomoxetine, a new and highly selective inhibitor of the norepinephrine transporter, for executive functioning in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Evaluation of the reinforcing effects of atomoxetine in monkeys: comparison to methylphenidate and desipramine
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Division of Neurobiology and Behavior Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 75:271-6. 2004
..These results predict that atomoxetine, in contrast to methylphenidate but like desipramine, will lack reinforcing effects and abuse potential in humans...
- Cardiovascular safety of ADHD medications: rationale for and design of an investigator-initiated observational study
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:934-41. 2010
- Utilization of pharmacologic treatment in youths with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in Medicaid database
Almut G Winterstein
Department of Healthcare Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:24-31. 2008
..Little is known about longitudinal changes in drug utilization in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- A haplotype of the norepinephrine transporter (Net) gene Slc6a2 is associated with clinical response to atomoxetine in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
INSERM U675, IFR02, Faculty Xavier Bichat, University of Paris, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2135-42. 2009
Adis International Inc, Yardley, Pennsylvania 19067, USA
Paediatr Drugs 5:407-15; discussion 416-7. 2003
..The most common treatment-related adverse event was decreased appetite. Atomoxetine shows no abuse potential and is not a controlled substance in the US...
- CYP2D6 and clinical response to atomoxetine in children and adolescents with ADHD
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:242-51. 2007
..Variations in plasma atomoxetine exposures can occur because of genetic variation or as a consequence of coadministration with drugs that inhibit CYP2D6...
- Atomoxetine for weight reduction in obese women: a preliminary randomised controlled trial
K M Gadde
Obesity Clinical Trials Programme, Duke University Medical Centre, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1138-42. 2006
..With the understanding that noradrenergic agents could be useful in assisting obese individuals to lose weight, we conducted this preliminary study to evaluate short-term efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in obese adults...
- Acute atomoxetine effects on the EEG of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Robert J Barry
Brain and Behaviour Research Institute and School of Psychology, University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2522, Australia
Neuropharmacology 57:702-7. 2009
- Spotlight on atomoxetine in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents
Karly P Garnock-Jones
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Mairangi Bay, North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 24:85-8. 2010
..Thus, atomoxetine is a useful option in the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents...
- Review of new compounds available in Australia for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
University of Newcastle and Wallsend Hospital, Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 12:369-75. 2004
- Atomoxetine and tics in ADHD
Tih Shih W Lee
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1068-9. 2004
- Effects of long-term atomoxetine treatment for young children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Christopher J Kratochvil
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5581, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:919-27. 2006
- Catecholamine influences on prefrontal cortical function: relevance to treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and related disorders
Amy F T Arnsten
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 99:211-6. 2011
..Stronger PFC regulation of attention, behavior, and emotion likely contributes to the therapeutic effects of these medications for the treatment of ADHD...
- Dimensional analysis of ADHD subtypes in rats
Hôpital Charles Perrens, Laboratoire de Neuropsychobiologie des Desadaptations, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 CNRS UMR 554 1, Bordeaux, France
Biol Psychiatry 61:1340-50. 2007
..The nature of the biological dysfunction sustaining each subtype (common or distinct) is unknown, and animal models encompassing different subtypes are needed...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: treatment discontinuation in adolescents and young adults
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, School of Pharmacy, University of London and Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 194:273-7. 2009
..Symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are known to persist into adulthood in the majority of cases...
- Electrochemiluminescence from hydrophilic thin film Ru(bpy)3(2+)-modified electrode prepared using natural halloysite nanotubes and polyacrylamide gel
Research Center for Analytical Sciences, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, 300071, China
Biosens Bioelectron 24:2939-42. 2009
..Contrary to the previous works, the addition of carbon nanotubes into the modified electrode film leads to a decreased ECL emission, due to the reduction in the porosity of the film, which hinders the diffusion of the analyte...
- Effect of lesogaberan, a novel GABA(B)-receptor agonist, on transient lower oesophageal sphincter relaxations in male subjects
G E Boeckxstaens
Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:1208-17. 2010
..Transient lower oesophageal sphincter relaxations (TLESRs) are a major mechanism behind gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- Methylphenidate and atomoxetine increase histamine release in rat prefrontal cortex
Weldon E Horner
Department of Neuroscience, MS 8220 4159, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340 USA
Eur J Pharmacol 558:96-7. 2007
..While the clinical response to ADHD drugs is typically attributed to modulation of norepinephrine and dopamine, this finding suggests enhanced histamine release may contribute to their efficacy as ADHD treatments...
- Abuse liability assessment of atomoxetine in a drug-abusing population
Donald R Jasinski
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Center for Chemical Dependence, 4940 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:140-6. 2008
..This study assessed the abuse potential of atomoxetine in stimulant-preferring drug abusers compared to methylphenidate and phentermine as positive controls and desipramine and placebo as negative controls...
- Clinical responses to atomoxetine in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the Integrated Data Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) study
Jeffrey H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:511-8. 2009
..We conducted a retrospective analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to identify potential baseline (moderator) and on-treatment (mediator) predictors of responses...
- The effect of pharmacotherapy for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder on risk of seizures in pediatric patients as assessed in an insurance claims database
Andrew T McAfee
1i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Drug Saf 3:123-31. 2008
..To estimate the rate of new-onset seizure in ADHD patients in relation to ADHD pharmacotherapy...
- Evidence-based pharmacotherapy for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Massachusetts General Hospital, ACC 725, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:77-97. 2004
..Further, more research is needed on the efficacy of treatment for comorbid ADHD, use of combined medications, and the combination of medication and psychosocial treatment...
- Tic exacerbation and precipitation during atomoxetine treatment in two children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Humberto C Párraga
Fourth Street Clinic, Springfield, Illinois 62703, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:415-24. 2007
..Independent controlled studies are needed to determine if atomoxetine should be used in children with ADHD and comorbid tic disorders or TS...
- Iptakalim, a vascular ATP-sensitive potassium (KATP) channel opener, closes rat pancreatic beta-cell KATP channels and increases insulin release
Department of Physiology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Zaifucho, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:871-8. 2007
- A new ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener protects the kidney from hypertensive damage in spontaneously hypertensive rats
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, People s Republic of China
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:501-9. 2005
- Efficacy and safety of atomoxetine for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents-meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis
Jackie Y W Cheng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:197-209. 2007
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in children and adolescents...
- Development of tics in a thirteen-year-old male following atomoxetine use
Pediatric Neurology, Department of Child Health, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
CNS Spectr 13:301-3. 2008
..We present a unique case of a patient, without any prior history of a movement disorder, who developed tics following a single dose of atomoxetine that did not improve until interventional therapy was initiated...
- Atomoxetine and methylphenidate treatment in children with ADHD: a prospective, randomized, open-label trial
Christopher J Kratochvil
University of Nebraska Medical Center, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:776-84. 2002
..Atomoxetine was originally called tomoxetine. The name was recently changed in order to avoid any potential confusion with tamoxifen that might lead to errors in dispensing drug.)..
- Atomoxetine treatment for pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder with comorbid anxiety disorder
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1119-27. 2007
- [Atomoxetine safety and efficacy in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): initial phase of 10-week treatment in a relapse prevention study with a Spanish sample]
Departamento Médico, Lilly Research Laboratories, Alcobendas, Madrid
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:26-32. 2005
- A prospective, multicenter, open-label assessment of atomoxetine in non-North American children and adolescents with ADHD
Jan K Buitelaar
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Nijmegen, 9101, 6500, HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:249-57. 2004
..The aim of this study was to study treatment response to atomoxetine in a large, multicenter study of non-North American patients with ADHD...
- Association of the antihypertensive response of iptakalim with KCNJ11 (Kir6.2 gene) polymorphisms in Chinese Han hypertensive patients
Rui Feng Duan
Cardiovascular Drug Research Center, Institute of Health and Environmental Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 32:1078-84. 2011
..To study the relationship between the antihypertensive response of iptakalim and KCNJ11 polymorphisms in Chinese Han hypertensive patients...
- Efficacy and safety of atomoxetine as add-on to psychoeducation in the treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in stimulant-naïve Swedish children and adolescents
Eli Lilly Sweden AB, Gustav III Boulevard 42, Box 721, 169 27, Solna, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:240-9. 2009
..HRQL results will be presented elsewhere. Here, psychoeducation as well as efficacy and safety of the treatment are described...
- Comparison of the subjective, physiological, and psychomotor effects of atomoxetine and methylphenidate in light drug users
S H Heil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 67:149-56. 2002
..These results suggest that atomoxetine does not induce subjective effects similar to methylphenidate and suggest that it is unlikely that atomoxetine will have abuse liability...
- Meta-analysis of suicide-related behavior events in patients treated with atomoxetine
Mark E Bangs
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:209-18. 2008
..The present work examined suicide-related events in acute, double-blind, and placebo- or active comparator-controlled trials with atomoxetine...
- Effects of lesogaberan on reflux and lower esophageal sphincter function in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease
Guy E Boeckxstaens
Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 139:409-17. 2010
- Dopamine transporter genotype influences the physiological response to medication in ADHD
Donald L Gilbert
Division of Neurology Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Brain 129:2038-46. 2006
..In conclusion, MPH and ATX have similar effects on SICI in children with ADHD. A genetic variation in DAT1, previously linked to ADHD risk and MPH behavioural responses, influences the neurophysiological effects of both MPH and ATX...
- Effects of atomoxetine on growth after 2-year treatment among pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Thomas J Spencer
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pediatrics 116:e74-80. 2005
..This meta-analysis examined the effect on growth of atomoxetine, now approved in the United States for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- Atomoxetine and tics in ADHD
Peter D Feldman
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:405-6. 2005
- Atomoxetine versus stimulants for treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Aaron P Gibson
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1134-42. 2006
..To identify, review, and analyze studies comparing atomoxetine with psychostimulants with the intent of determining the role of atomoxetine in the pharmacologic management of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Update on atomoxetine in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Nebraska Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:669-76. 2009
..Since that time, the use of atomoxetine has spread globally and extensive additional research has been conducted evaluating its efficacy and safety...
- Prospective, naturalistic, pilot study of open-label atomoxetine treatment in preschool children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Jaswinder K Ghuman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5002, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:155-66. 2009
..The aim of this study was to report preliminary data regarding effectiveness and tolerability of atomoxetine in 3- to 5-year-old preschool children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Atomoxetine in adults with ADHD: two randomized, placebo-controlled studies
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:112-20. 2003
..To assess the efficacy of atomoxetine, a new and highly selective inhibitor of the norepinephrine transporter, we conducted two large, multicenter treatment trials...