Genomes and Genes
Summary: A selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is effective in the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders, anxiety, panic disorders, and alcohol amnestic disorders.
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Faster onset of action of fluvoxamine in combination with pindolol in the treatment of delusional depression: a controlled studyR Zanardi
Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 18:441-6. 1998..study was undertaken to investigate whether the addition of pindolol could improve the therapeutic response to fluvoxamine of depressed patients with psychotic features...
- Pharmacokinetics of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsC Hiemke
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Germany
Pharmacol Ther 85:11-28. 2000The five selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline, and citalopram, have similar antidepressant efficacy and a similar side effect profile...
- Brugada syndrome ECG provoked by the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluvoxamineGuido Stirnimann
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Visceral Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Europace 12:282-3. 2010..to a non-expression of the mutant allele, was prescribed the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) fluvoxamine (Floxyfral), 100 mg per day. His normal baseline ECG changed to a characteristic Brugada-Type-1-ECG pattern...
- A pilot placebo-controlled study of fluvoxamine for pathological gamblingCarlos Blanco
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 14:9-15. 2002The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of fluvoxamine in the treatment of pathological gambling. Thirty-two patients were treated for 6 months in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of fluvoxamine 200 mg/day...
- Effects of chronic antidepressant treatments on serotonin transporter function, density, and mRNA levelS Benmansour
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Neurosci 19:10494-501. 1999..High-speed in vivo electrochemical recordings were used to assess the ability of the SSRI fluvoxamine to modulate the clearance of locally applied serotonin in the CA3 region of hippocampus in drug- or vehicle-..
- Sigma-1 receptor stimulation with fluvoxamine activates Akt-eNOS signaling in the thoracic aorta of ovariectomized rats with abdominal aortic bandingMd Shenuarin Bhuiyan
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 650:621-8. 2011In the present study, we investigated the vasculoprotective effect of sigma-1 receptor stimulation with fluvoxamine on pressure overload hypertrophy-induced vascular injury in the thoracic aorta and defined mechanisms underlying that ..
- Antidepressant-like effect of tramadol and its enantiomers in reserpinized mice: comparative study with desipramine, fluvoxamine, venlafaxine and opiatesM Olga Rojas-Corrales
Pharmacology and Neuroscience Research Group, Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 18:404-11. 2004..Moreover, we compared the effects of tramadol and its enantiomers with those of antidepressants (desipramine, fluvoxamine and venlafaxine) and opiates [morphine (-)-methadone and levorphanol]...
- Different effects of fluvoxamine on rabeprazole pharmacokinetics in relation to CYP2C19 genotype statusTsukasa Uno
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:309-14. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate the possible effect of an inhibitor of CYP2C19, fluvoxamine, and compare the inhibitory effect of fluvoxamine on the metabolism of rabeprazole between CYP2C19 genotypes.
- Effects of repeated milnacipran and fluvoxamine treatment on mechanical allodynia in a mouse paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain modelSoh Katsuyama
Department of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 4 1 Komatsushima, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
Biomed Res 34:105-11. 2013..Milnacipran, a serotonin/noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor and fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, have shown efficacy against several chronic pain syndromes...
- Comparison of the anticholinergic effects of the serotonergic antidepressants, paroxetine, fluvoxamine and clomipramineJun Fujishiro
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 454:183-8. 2002..spontaneous defecation and passive avoidance performance using mice and compared the results with those using fluvoxamine, another selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and clomipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant with serotonin ..
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of fluvoxamine in binge eating disorder: a high placebo responseT Pearlstein
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Women s Behavioral Health Program, Brown Medical School, 101 DudleyStreet, Providence, RI 02905, U S A
Arch Womens Ment Health 6:147-51. 2003Twenty subjects with binge eating disorder were randomly assigned to flexible-dose fluvoxamine or placebo for 12 weeks...
- Antiulcer activity of fluvoxamine in rats and its effect on oxidant and antioxidant parameters in stomach tissueHakan Dursun
Department of Pharmacology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 9:36. 2009..date, however, there is no information available regarding the antiulcer activity for a similar antidepressant, fluvoxamine. This study aimed to investigate the antiulcer effects of fluvoxamine and to determine its relationship with ..
- Topiramate versus fluvoxamine in the treatment of pathological gambling: a randomized, blind-rater comparison studyPinhas N Dannon
Rehovot Community Mental Health and Rehabilitation Center Affililated to Ness Ziona Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Rehovot, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:6-10. 2005..The aim of the study is to compare the effectiveness of topiramate versus fluvoxamine in the treatment of PG...
- Potentiation of nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth by fluvoxamine: role of sigma-1 receptors, IP3 receptors and cellular signaling pathwaysTomoko Nishimura
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, Chiba, Japan
PLoS ONE 3:e2558. 2008..However, their pharmacology is quite heterogeneous. The SSRI fluvoxamine, with sigma-1 receptor agonism, is shown to potentiate nerve-growth factor (NGF)-induced neurite outgrowth in ..
- Different inhibitory effect of fluvoxamine on omeprazole metabolism between CYP2C19 genotypesNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University, School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:487-94. 2004Omeprazole is mainly metabolized by the polymorphic cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19. The inhibitory effect of fluvoxamine, an inhibitor of CYP2C19 as well as CYP1A2, on the metabolism of omeprazole was compared between different genotypes for ..
- Cognition and depression: the effects of fluvoxamine, a sigma-1 receptor agonist, reconsideredIan Hindmarch
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:193-200. 2010..of the involvement of sigma-1 receptor agonism in the mechanism of action of some antidepressants, notably fluvoxamine. Sigma-1 receptors are abundant in areas affected by depression/stress-induced cerebral atrophy and their ..
- Extended-release fluvoxamine and improvements in quality of life in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderLorrin M Koran
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Compr Psychiatry 51:373-9. 2010We hypothesized that subjects with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) who received extended-release fluvoxamine (fluvoxamine ER) in a 12-week placebo-controlled trial would exhibit improvements in psychosocial domains of health-related ..
- Controlled clinical comparison of paroxetine and fluvoxamine considering the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphismMasaki Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:151-6. 2005..Clinical responses to paroxetine and fluvoxamine were evaluated by total and cluster depressive symptoms for 81 Japanese patients who were diagnosed with major ..
- Chronic treatment with fluvoxamine desensitizes 5-HT2C receptor-mediated hypolocomotion in ratsMiki Yamauchi
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 78:683-9. 2004The effectiveness of fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (SSRI), in the treatment of anxiety disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive, panic and social anxiety disorders, has been confirmed in clinical studies...
- Olanzapine augmentation of fluvoxamine-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): a 12-week open trialF Bogetto
Service for Depressive and Anxiety Disorders, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 11, 10126, Turin, Italy
Psychiatry Res 96:91-8. 2000..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of olanzapine addition to fluvoxamine-refractory OCD patients and to assess if a comorbid chronic tic disorder or a concomitant schizotypal ..
- Treatment-resistance to clozapine in association with ultrarapid CYP1A2 activity and the C-->A polymorphism in intron 1 of the CYP1A2 gene: effect of grapefruit juice and low-dose fluvoxamineV Ozdemir
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:603-7. 2001..In addition, we describe the effect of grapefruit juice or low-dose fluvoxamine (25-50 mg/d) coadministration on clozapine and active metabolite norclozapine steady-state plasma concentration ..
- No association between the serotonergic polymorphisms and incidence of nausea induced by fluvoxamine treatmentHitoshi Takahashi
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1, Hondo, 010 8543, Akita, Japan
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:477-81. 2002..the most frequent side-effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibiters (SSRIs), in 66 patients treated with fluvoxamine in a protocolized-dosing method...
- Association study between vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 gene polymorphisms and fluvoxamine response in Japanese major depressive patientsShinichi Saito
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 54:226-30. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether the VAMP2 gene is associated with clinical responses to a specific antidepressant, fluvoxamine.
- Effects of imipramine, fluvoxamine and depressive mood on autonomic cardiac functioning in major depressive disorderA C Volkers
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:18-25. 2004..We studied the effects of two different types of antidepressant treatments (imipramine and fluvoxamine), in addition to the effect of depressive mood, on the cardiovascular system in depressed patients.
- Effects of aging on serotonin transporter availability and its response to fluvoxamine in the living brain: PET study with [(11)C](+)McN5652 and [(11)C](-)McN5652 in conscious monkeysT Kakiuchi
Central Research Laboratory, Hamamatsu Photonics K. K, Shizuoka, Japan
Synapse 40:170-9. 2001..When the SERT blocker fluvoxamine (1 mg/kg) was administered intravenously 30 min after tracer injection, specific binding of SERT was displaced ..
- Tolerability and safety of fluvoxamine and other antidepressantsH G M Westenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pract 60:482-91. 2006..Although SSRIs (and venlafaxine) have similar adverse effects, certain differences are emerging. Fluvoxamine may have fewer effects on sexual dysfunction and sleep pattern...
- Fluvoxamine modulates pain sensation and affective processing of pain in human brainHidenori Nemoto
Department of Neurology and Clinical Research, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Neuroreport 14:791-7. 2003To better understand the antinociceptive effect of fluvoxamine, we measured regional cerebral blood flow during laser-evoked pain and hot sensations using H(2)15O positron emission tomography and also subjective pain and hot sensations ..
- Effects of chronic selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on 8-OH-DPAT-induced facilitation of ejaculation in rats: comparison of fluvoxamine and paroxetineTrynke R de Jong
Department of Anatomy, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 179:509-15. 2005..The involvement of 5-HT1A receptors is likely, since 5-HT1A receptor agonists accelerate ejaculation and chronic SSRI treatment is thought to desensitize 5-HT1A receptors...
- Weight gain during long-term treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder: a prospective comparison between serotonin reuptake inhibitorsGiuseppe Maina
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Torino, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1365-71. 2004..The aim of the present study was to assess changes in weight in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) patients treated for 2.5 years with clomipramine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of fluvoxamine in patients with schizophrenia: a preliminary studyTomihisa Niitsu
Department of Psychiatry, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:593-601. 2012..were involved in cognitive impairments in patients with schizophrenia and that the sigma-1 receptor agonist fluvoxamine was effective in treating cognitive impairments in animal models of schizophrenia and in some patients with ..
- Changes of functional MRI findings in a patient whose pathological gambling improved with fluvoxamineSang Keun Chung
Department of Psychiatry, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:441-4. 2009..We present a case of a 36-year-old pathological gambler who was treated with fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and who was assessed by functional MRI before and after drug ..
- Fluvoxamine impairs single-dose caffeine clearance without altering caffeine pharmacodynamicsKerry E Culm-Merdek
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine and Tufts New England Medical Center, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:486-93. 2005Coadministration of fluvoxamine impairs the clearance of caffeine and prolongs its elimination half-life, which is attributable to inhibition of CYP1A2 by fluvoxamine. The clinical importance of this interaction is not established.
- Effects of fluvoxamine on lansoprazole pharmacokinetics in relation to CYP2C19 genotypesNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University, School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 44:1223-9. 2004..Lansoprazole is a substrate of CYP2C19 and CYP3A4. The aim of this study was to compare the inhibitory effects of fluvoxamine, an inhibitor of CYP2C19, on the metabolism of lansoprazole between CYP2C19 genotypes...
- Gestational exposure to the organophosphate chlorpyrifos alters social-emotional behaviour and impairs responsiveness to the serotonin transporter inhibitor fluvoxamine in miceAldina Venerosi
Section of Neurotoxicology and Neuroendocrinology, Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, V le Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 208:99-107. 2010..Studies from animal models indicate that CPF exposure during development at low doses can target different neurotransmitter systems in the absence of overt cholinergic effects...
- Patterns of c-fos expression induced by fluvoxamine are different after acute vs. chronic oral administrationJ G Veening
Dept of Anatomy and Embryology, Fac of Medical Sciences, University of Nijmegen, Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 8:213-26. 1998b>Fluvoxamine is a selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with a broad spectrum of behavioral and therapeutic effects, e.g. in depressive illness...
- Co-administration of ramelton and fluvoxamine to increase levels of interleukin-2Richard E Kast
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, 2 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401, United States
Med Hypotheses 67:1389-90. 2006..This liver metabolism is mediated by the CYP1A2 enzyme. It turns out that the medication fluvoxamine approved by the FDA for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder is a potent inhibitor of the CYP1A2 ..
- Fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and 5-HT2C receptor inactivation induce appetite-suppressing effects in mice via 5-HT1B receptorsKatsunori Nonogaki
Center of Excellence, Division of Molecular Metabolism and Diabetes, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 10:675-81. 2007..Here, we report that fluvoxamine (3-30 mg/kg), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), in the presence of SB 242084 (1-2 mg/kg), a ..
- Neuroendocrine (HPA axis) and clinical correlates during fluvoxamine and amitriptyline treatmentEugenia Rota
Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 15, Turin 10126, Italy
Psychiatry Res 133:281-4. 2005..effect of amitriptyline on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) axis activity was compared with that of fluvoxamine in 38 patients suffering from DMS-IV major depressive disorder...
- Pharmacokinetic interaction of fluvoxamine and thioridazine in schizophrenic patientsJ A Carrillo
Department of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, Medical School, University of Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 19:494-9. 1999This study investigated to what extent fluvoxamine affects the pharmacokinetics of thioridazine (THD) in schizophrenic patients under steady-state conditions...
- Fluvoxamine and sigma-1 receptor agonists dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)-sulfate induces the Ser473-phosphorylation of Akt-1 in PC12 cellsMiho Nakano
Department of Neuropsychiatry, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao Miyamae ku Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Life Sci 86:309-14. 2010..Furthermore, the PLC-gamma/IP(3)/Ca(2+) pathway is regulated by the sigma-1 receptors. Here, we examined whether fluvoxamine (FLV) activated Akt-1 and increased phosphorylation of Akt-1 via sigma-1 receptor in PC12 cells.
- An open clinical trial of fluvoxamine treatment of psychogenic excoriationL M Arnold
Biological Psychiatry Program, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 19:15-8. 1999The purpose of this study was to examine the safety and efficacy of fluvoxamine in the treatment of psychogenic (neurotic) skin excoriation...
- Fluvoxamine. An updated review of its use in the management of adults with anxiety disordersD P Figgitt
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 60:925-54. 2000b>Fluvoxamine is a potent and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that has little or no effect on other monoamine reuptake mechanisms...
- Fluvoxamine treatment of major depression associated with multiple sclerosisFrancesco Benedetti
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, School of Medicine, Milan, Italy
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:364-6. 2004b>Fluvoxamine 200 mg was administered for 3 months to a group of 43 interferon beta-1b treated patients affected by major depression associated with multiple sclerosis. Despite a 16.3% attrition rate, 79% of patients achieved response...
- Treatment of chronic pruritus with the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors paroxetine and fluvoxamine: results of an open-labelled, two-arm proof-of-concept studySonja Ständer
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Neurodermatology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Acta Derm Venereol 89:45-51. 2009..Paroxetine and fluvoxamine were tested in a total of 72 pruritic patients (27 men, 45 women, age range 28-88 years, mean age 59.2 years)...
- Serotonin syndrome induced by fluvoxamine and oxycodoneHarindra Karunatilake
The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, New South Wales, Australia
Ann Pharmacother 40:155-7. 2006To report a case of severe serotonergic symptoms following the addition of oxycodone to fluvoxamine.
- Liver dysfunction markedly decreases the inhibition of cytochrome P450 1A2-mediated theophylline metabolism by fluvoxamineRocco Orlando
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padua, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:489-99. 2006In vivo inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 by fluvoxamine causes a reduction in the clearance of the high-extraction drug lidocaine, which decreases in proportion to the degree of liver dysfunction...
- Clinical efficacy of fluvoxamine and functional polymorphism in a serotonin transporter gene on childhood autismYoko Sugie
Department of Pediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Autism Dev Disord 35:377-85. 2005We studied the correlation between response to fluvoxamine and serotonin transporter gene promoter region polymorphism (5-HTTLPR)...
- Synergistic dopamine increase in the rat prefrontal cortex with the combination of quetiapine and fluvoxamineDamiaan Denys
Department of Psychiatry, The Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 176:195-203. 2004....
- Fluvoxamine treatment of a child with severe PDD: a single case studyC Kauffmann
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
Psychiatry 64:268-77. 2001..We report on a single case study of the use of fluvoxamine with a 7-year-old Caucasian girl with severe pervasive developmental disorder...
- Treatment of bulimia nervosa with fluvoxamine: a randomized controlled trialW Milano
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mental Health Unit, University of Salerno, Naples, Italy
Adv Ther 22:278-83. 2005..We conducted a randomized controlled trial to verify the efficacy of the SSRI fluvoxamine in patients with a diagnosis of BN...
- Comparison of in vitro and in vivo inhibition potencies of fluvoxamine toward CYP2C19Caiping Yao
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7610, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 31:565-71. 2003A previous study suggested that fluvoxamine inhibition potency toward CYP1A2 is 10 times greater in vivo than in vitro...
- Successful treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder with addition of low-dose risperidone to fluvoxamine: implications for plasma levels of catecholamine metabolites and serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor levelsReiji Yoshimura
Department of Psychiatry, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 60:389-93. 2006..treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in three patients with the addition of risperidone to ongoing fluvoxamine treatment...
- Effects of fluconazole and fluvoxamine on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of glimepirideM Niemi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:194-200. 2001OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to study the effects of fluconazole and fluvoxamine on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of glimepiride, a new sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug...
- Sigma1-receptor stimulation with fluvoxamine ameliorates transverse aortic constriction-induced myocardial hypertrophy and dysfunction in miceHideaki Tagashira
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1535-45. 2010..Here, we investigated the role of σ(1)-receptor (σ(1)R) stimulation with fluvoxamine on myocardial hypertrophy and cardiac functional recovery...
- Antidepressant efficacy and tolerability of milnacipran, a dual serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor: a comparison with fluvoxamineG Clerc
, Pontorson, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 16:145-51. 2001..reuptake inhibitor, were compared with those of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, fluvoxamine, in 113 patients with moderate to severe major depression. Treatment with milnacipran, 50 mg b.d...
- Intracerebroventricular fluvoxamine administration inhibited pain behavior but increased Fos expression in affective pain pathwaysTakayuki Hayashi
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuyuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 91:441-6. 2009Anti-nociceptive effects of fluvoxamine, administered by intracerebroventricular (i.c.v.) injection, include inhibited pain behavior in both formalin-induced acute pain (p<0.05-0.01) and sciatic nerve ligation-allodynia (p<0.03)...
- Fluvoxamine in the treatment of binge-eating disorder: a multicenter placebo-controlled, double-blind trialJ I Hudson
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02178, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:1756-62. 1998The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of fluvoxamine in the treatment of binge-eating disorder...
- Effects of milnacipran and fluvoxamine on hyperemotional behaviors and the loss of tryptophan hydroxylase-positive cells in olfactory bulbectomized ratsAkiyoshi Saitoh
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, 4 41, Ebara 2 Chome, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, 142 8501, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:857-65. 2007..It has been reported that many of the behavioral and serotonergic neuronal changes observed in olfactory bulbectomy (OBX) were improved by subchronic administration of a variety of antidepressants...
- A comparative study of the efficacy and safety profiles between fluvoxamine and nortriptyline in Japanese patients with major depressionT Otsubo
Department of Psychiatry, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8566, Japan
Pharmacopsychiatry 38:30-5. 2005The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety profiles between fluvoxamine and nortriptyline in Japanese patients with major depression.
- Duration of untreated illness and antidepressant fluvoxamine response in major depressive disorderAkiko Okuda
Department of Psychiatry, Okehazama Hospital Fujita Mental Care Center, Aichi, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 64:268-73. 2010..The aim of this study was to analyze the relation between treatment response and the duration of untreated illness (DUI) in 133 outpatients with the first major depressive disorder (MDD) episode...
- Effect of fluvoxamine on the pharmacokinetics of quinidineP Damkier
Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense University
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 55:451-6. 1999..To investigate the possible involvement of cytochromes CYP1A2 and CYP2C19 in the in vivo oxidative metabolism of quinidine...
- Possible involvement of peripheral serotonin 5-HT3 receptors in fluvoxamine-induced emesis in Suncus murinusMina Fujiwara-Sawada
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 55:271-4. 2003Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors fluvoxamine and fluoxetine, as well as serotonin (5-HT), induced vomiting in Suncus murinus (a house musk shrew)...
- CYP2D6*10 alleles do not determine plasma fluvoxamine concentration/dose ratio in Japanese subjectsKoichi Ohara
Clinical Research Institute, National Minami Hanamaki Hospital, Hanamaki, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:659-61. 2003The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether plasma fluvoxamine (FV) concentration is associated with CYP2D6*10 allele polymorphisms.
- Effect of fluvoxamine on the pharmacokinetics of roflumilast and roflumilast N-oxideOliver von Richter
Exploratory Medicine, ALTANA Pharma AG, Konstanz, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:613-22. 2007To investigate the effects of steady-state dosing of fluvoxamine, an inhibitor of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 and CYP2C19, on the pharmacokinetics of roflumilast, an oral, once-daily phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor and its ..
- Fluvoxamine augmentation in risperidone-resistant schizophrenia: an open trialHitoshi Takahashi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 17:95-8. 2002We investigated the efficacy and safety of augmenting risperidone with fluvoxamine for the treatment of residual positive and negative symptoms in patients with chronic schizophrenia who had shown an incomplete response to risperidone...
- Can the sigma-1 receptor agonist fluvoxamine prevent schizophrenia?Kenji Hashimoto
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 8:470-4. 2009..Among all antidepressants, fluvoxamine was the most potent sigma-1 receptor agonist...
- A randomized controlled trial of Japanese patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder--effectiveness of behavior therapy and fluvoxamineEriko Nakatani
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Psychother Psychosom 74:269-76. 2005The aim of this study was to confirm and compare the efficacy of fluvoxamine (the only licensed SSRI for treatment for OCD in Japan) and behavior therapy in treating Japanese patients with OCD...
- Antidepressant-like effect of coadministration of sulpiride and fluvoxamine in miceYukio Ago
Laboratory of Medicinal Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 520:86-90. 2005We have recently reported that coadministration of sulpiride, an antipsychotic drug, and fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitor, selectively increases in vivo dopamine release in the prefrontal cortex...
- Fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, exerts its antiallodynic effects on neuropathic pain in mice via 5-HT2A/2C receptorsMotoko Honda
Laboratory of CNS Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8603, Japan
Neuropharmacology 51:866-72. 2006..We examined the effects of fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, on mechanical allodynia and its mechanism of action in the mouse ..
- The light-enhanced startle paradigm as a putative animal model for anxiety: effects of chlordiazepoxide, flesinoxan and fluvoxamineReinoud de Jongh
Department of Psychopharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:176-80. 2002..By placing a rat in a brightly lit environment, which is a naturally aversive stimulus to rats, the amplitude of the startle response to a startle-eliciting noise burst is increased...
- Effects of chronic treatment with fluvoxamine and paroxetine during adolescence on serotonin-related behavior in adult male ratsTrynke R de Jong
Department of Anatomy, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Intern Mail Nr 230 Postbus 9101 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:39-48. 2006..Male Wistar rats were treated with paroxetine (15 mg/kg p.o.) or fluvoxamine (30 mg/kg p.o.) throughout adolescence...
- Spectrophotometric study for the reaction between fluvoxamine and 1,2-naphthoquinone-4-sulphonate: Kinetic, mechanism and use for determination of fluvoxamine in its dosage formsIbrahim A Darwish
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 72:897-902. 2009..study was carried out, for the first time, to investigate the reaction between the antidepressant fluvoxamine (FXM) and 1,2-naphthoquinone-4-sulphonate (NQS) reagent...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions of oral midazolam with ketoconazole, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and nefazodoneY W Francis Lam
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 43:1274-82. 2003..study was to investigate pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions between midazolam and fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, nefazodone, and ketoconazole...
- Effect of chronic administration of flesinoxan and fluvoxamine on freezing behavior induced by conditioned fearX B Li
Department of Psychiatry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 425:43-50. 2001The present study investigated the acute effects of flesinoxan (a selective 5-HT(1A) receptor agonist), fluvoxamine (a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and their co-administration on the expression of conditioned freezing, and ..
- Fluvoxamine-controlled release formulation for the treatment of generalized social anxiety disorderJonathan Davidson
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Trent Drive, 4th Floor, Room 4082B, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:118-25. 2004..We report the results of a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial comparing the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of fluvoxamine controlled release (CR) to placebo in patients with generalized social anxiety disorder.
- Orphan nuclear receptor Rev-erb alpha gene (NR1D1) and fluvoxamine response in major depressive disorder in the Japanese populationTaro Kishi
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 59:234-8. 2009..Therefore, we examined the association between the orphan nuclear receptor Rev-erbalpha gene (NR1D1) and the efficacy of fluvoxamine treatment in 118 Japanese patients with major depressive disorder.
- Genetic association analysis of functional polymorphisms in neuronal nitric oxide synthase 1 gene (NOS1) and mood disorders and fluvoxamine response in major depressive disorder in the Japanese populationTakenori Okumura
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 61:57-63. 2010..Therefore, we studied the association of nNOS gene (NOS1) and mood disorders and the efficacy of fluvoxamine treatment in Japanese MDD patients.
- Monoamine oxidase A gene polymorphism, 5-HT 2A receptor gene polymorphism and incidence of nausea induced by fluvoxamineKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 48:10-3. 2003..in the promoter region of the 5-HT(2A) gene were associated with the incidence of nausea induced by fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine was administered for 6 weeks with a specific dosage plan (50-200 mg/day) in 66 Japanese major ..
- Fluvoxamine in the treatment of panic disorder: a multi-center, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in outpatientsG M Asnis
Department of Psychiatry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, 111 E 210th Street, Bronx, New York, NY 10467 2490, USA
Psychiatry Res 103:1-14. 2001Serotonergic mechanisms have been implicated in panic disorder, and several preliminary studies suggest that fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), is helpful in its treatment...
- Association analysis of group II metabotropic glutamate receptor genes (GRM2 and GRM3) with mood disorders and fluvoxamine response in a Japanese populationTomoko Tsunoka
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:875-9. 2009..Therefore, we studied the association between Group II mGluR genes (GRM2 and GRM3) and mood disorders and the efficacy of fluvoxamine treatment in Japanese MDD patients.
- A variable number of tandem repeats in the serotonin transporter gene does not affect the antidepressant response to fluvoxamineK Ito
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Psychiatry Res 111:235-9. 2002..whether the allelic variation of VNTR in the STin2 was associated with the antidepressant response to fluvoxamine in 66 patients with major depressive disorder...
- Repeated treatment with imipramine, fluvoxamine and tranylcypromine decreases the number of escape failures by activating dopaminergic systems in a rat learned helplessness testK Takamori
CNS Diseases Research, Laboratory 1, Medicinal Research Laboratories, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ohmiya, Saitama, Japan
Life Sci 69:1919-26. 2001..o.), fluvoxamine (1.25 mg/kg, p.o.) and tranylcypromine (1.25 mg/kg, p.o...
- Gender differences in the clinical effects of fluvoxamine and milnacipran in Japanese major depressive patientsShingo Naito
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:421-7. 2007Gender differences in the treatment response to fluvoxamine (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor) and milnacipran (serotonin/norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor) were investigated in Japanese major depressive patients...
- Fluorine magnetic resonance spectroscopy measurement of brain fluvoxamine and fluoxetine in pediatric patients treated for pervasive developmental disordersWayne L Strauss
Center on Human Development and Disability, University of Washington, Seattle, 98105 6099, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:755-60. 2002..The authors used fluorine magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((19)F MRS) to evaluate age effects on whole-brain concentrations of fluvoxamine and fluoxetine in children taking SSRIs.
- [Prediction of antidepressant response to milnacipran and fluvoxamine using pharmacogenetical methods]Hisashi Higuchi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, St Marianna Medical University School of Medicine, 2 16 1, Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, 216 8511 Japan
Nihon Shinkei Seishin Yakurigaku Zasshi 30:71-6. 2010..In a fluvoxamine study, sixty-six patients with major depressive disorder were treated with fluvoxamine, 100-200 mg/day, for 6 ..
- High occupancy of sigma-1 receptors in the human brain after single oral administration of fluvoxamine: a positron emission tomography study using [11C]SA4503Masatomo Ishikawa
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, Chiba, Japan
Biol Psychiatry 62:878-83. 2007..Among the several SSRIs, fluvoxamine has the highest affinity for sigma-1 receptors (Ki = 36 nM), whereas paroxetine shows low affinity (Ki = 1893 ..
- Chronic tension-type headache, mood depression and serotonin: therapeutic effects of fluvoxamine and mianserineV Manna
Department of Mental Health, National Health Service, Troia, Foggia, Italy
Headache 34:44-9. 1994..baseline period, then they were randomized in double-blind fashion to therapy with mianserine (30-60 mg/day) of fluvoxamine (50-100 mg/day) for another eight-week period...
- Effects of fluvoxamine on anxiety, depression, and subjective handicaps of chronic dizziness patients with or without neuro-otologic diseasesArata Horii
Department of Otolaryngology, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Vestib Res 17:1-8. 2007A prospective, open-label clinical trial was conducted for two aims: first, to evaluate the role of fluvoxamine, one of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, in the treatment of dizziness for the first time and to investigate its ..
- Fluvoxamine: a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorderBernardo Dell'Osso
Compulsive, Impulsive and Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1230, New York, NY 10029, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2727-40. 2005b>Fluvoxamine is the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor with the largest database in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder, a severe, and often chronic, anxiety disorder associated with substantial impairment in functioning...
- Phencyclidine-induced cognitive deficits in mice are improved by subsequent subchronic administration of fluvoxamine: role of sigma-1 receptorsKenji Hashimoto
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, Chiba, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:514-21. 2007This study was undertaken to examine the effects of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors fluvoxamine and paroxetine on cognitive deficits in mice after repeated administration of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist ..
- Drug binding to HERG channels: evidence for a 'non-aromatic' binding site for fluvoxamineJohn S Mitcheson
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Maurice Shock Medical Sciences Building, University Road, Leicester LEI 9HN
Br J Pharmacol 139:883-4. 2003
- Effect of catechol-O-methyltransferase Val(108/158)Met polymorphism on antidepressant efficacy of fluvoxamineF Benedetti
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, University Vita Salute San Raffaele, San Raffaele Turro, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, Milan, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 25:476-8. 2010..Recent clinical studies found a significant effect of rs4680 on antidepressant response to fluoxetine and paroxetine, but several other studies were negative. No study considered drug plasma levels as possible nuisance covariate...
- Gene expression changes in peripheral mononuclear cells from schizophrenic patients treated with a combination of antipsychotic with fluvoxamineYael Chertkow
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Unit, Shaar Menashe Brain Behavior Laboratory, Shaar Menashe MHC, and Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1356-62. 2007..Gene expression profile of PMC from antipsychotic-treated patients was examined before addition of the SSRI fluvoxamine, and 3 and 6 weeks after...
- Dose-dependent effects of the 3435 C>T genotype of ABCB1 gene on the steady-state plasma concentration of fluvoxamine in psychiatric patientsNaoki Fukui
Department of Psychiatry, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Ther Drug Monit 29:185-9. 2007This study investigated effects of the 3435 C>T genotype of the adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette subfamily B member 1 (ABCB1, MDR1) gene on the steady-state plasma concentration of fluvoxamine (FLV).
- Double-blind, controlled, crossover trial of inositol versus fluvoxamine for the treatment of panic disorderA Palatnik
Ministry of Health Mental Health Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheba, Israel
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:335-9. 2001..controlled, random-order crossover study was undertaken to compare the effect of inositol with that of fluvoxamine in panic disorder...
- 24-Hour motor activity after treatment with imipramine or fluvoxamine in major depressive disorderAnita C Volkers
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:273-8. 2002..this study was to evaluate in 52 depressed in-patients the effects of imipramine (tricyclic antidepressant) and fluvoxamine (SSRI) on the 24-h motor activity...
- Oniomania--successful treatment with fluvoxamine and cognitive-behavioral psychotherapyDarko Marcinko
University Psychiatric Clinic Rebro, Clinical Hospital Centre Zagreb Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 17:97-100. 2005..We have presented the case of a 32-year old woman with a history of excessive pathological buying treated successfully with combined therapy (fluvoxamine and cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy).
- Short-term single-blind fluvoxamine treatment of pathological gamblingE Hollander
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:1781-3. 1998The authors' goal was to assess the efficacy and tolerability of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluvoxamine in the treatment of pathological gambling.
- Fluvoxamine for fatigue in primary biliary cirrhosis and primary sclerosing cholangitis: a randomised controlled trial [ISRCTN88246634]Pieter C J ter Borg
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, Dr, Molewaterplein 40, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Gastroenterol 4:13. 2004..symptom of depression and there is some evidence that treatment with an antidepressant improves fatigue in patients with fibromyalgia, we hypothesised that the antidepressant fluvoxamine might improve fatigue related to PBC and PSC.
- A double-blind placebo-controlled study of controlled release fluvoxamine for the treatment of generalized social anxiety disorderHerman G M Westenberg
Department of Biological Psychiatry, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:49-55. 2004..double-blind placebo-controlled multicenter study to assess the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of fluvoxamine in a controlled release (CR) formulation for treatment of generalized social anxiety disorder (GSAD)...
- Low-dose risperidone augmentation of fluvoxamine treatment in obsessive-compulsive disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyStefano Erzegovesi
Department of Neurosciences, San Raffaele Hospital, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:69-74. 2005..The aims of our study were to evaluate the efficacy of risperidone addition, in comparison to placebo, in fluvoxamine-refractory obsessive-compulsive patients and to investigate whether risperidone could boost the efficacy of ..
- 5-HT transporter function: Interaction of hormones and antidepressantsAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2013..are that acute treatment with either estradiol or progesterone will block the ability of locally applied fluvoxamine, an SSRI, either to elevate extracellular levels of serotonin in the hippocampus or its ability to decrease ..
- Organic Cation Transporters as Targets for Novel Antidepressant DrugsWouter Koek; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, D-22 augments the effect of an SSRI, fluvoxamine, to inhibit 5-HT uptake and to produce antidepressant-like effects in wildtype mice...
- NEURONAL INTERACTIONS IN THE SRI TREATMENT OF PANICAndrew Goddard; Fiscal Year: 2000..alpha2 adrenergic antagonist yohimbine but no panic following a saline control, will be stabilized on the SRI, fluvoxamine. Patients that respond to fluvoxamine will then participate in two experimental tests, one involving a ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF OCDWayne Goodman; Fiscal Year: 1999..primarily on the anti-obsessive-compulsive (OC) efficacy of potent serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) such as fluvoxamine. Although SRIs are an advance in the treatment of OCD, many patients fail to respond and few become ..
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..samples to help test whether specific subgroups will improve preferentially, and comparisons of bupropion with the SSRI fluvoxamine, and naltrexone, an opiate antagonist, both shown to have efficacy in treating PG.
- METABOLIC ASPECTS OF BODY WEIGHT CHANGE IN DEPRESSIONMadelyn Fernstrom; Fiscal Year: 1991..In depressed inpatients hospitalized for 4 weeks, the effects of two antidepressants (desipramine and fluvoxamine) on metabolic rate will be compared. Data will also be obtained on caloric intake in treated subjects...
- Adrenergic Receptors During Periadolescent DevelopmentDavid Bylund; Fiscal Year: 2005..drugs that effect the noradrenergic and serotonin systems (the selective re-uptake inhibitors desipramine and fluvoxamine)...
- R21 Project: St. John's Wort vs. Placebo in OCDKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., drop-out rates in the multi-center trials of fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, and paroxetine were 23%, 24%, 27%, and 20% respectively...
- BRAIN METABOLISM AND TREATMENT OUTCOME IN PANIC DISORDERStephen Dager; Fiscal Year: 2004..and then again at 12 weeks following randomization of the panic subjects into treatment with CBT (n=40) or fluvoxamine (n=40)...
- RUPP-PI at DukeKaren Wells; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our work in the RUPP fluvoxamine anxiety trial suggests that partial responders to SSRI trials are not uncommon...
- SEROTONIN/NOREPINEPHRINE FUNCTION--PATHOLOGICAL GAMBLINGEric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our pharmacological treatment studies with the serotonin reuptake blocker fluvoxamine revealed a reduction in actual pathological gambling behavior...
- Opioid Dependence and Pathological GamblingCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2005..dependent patients with and without pathological gambling and controls, and a randomized clinical trial of fluvoxamine combined with manual- guided cognitive-behavioral relapse-prevention therapy (CBT/RP) in methadone maintained ..
- The Social Neuroscience of Autism and Related DisordersFred Volkmar; Fiscal Year: 2007..in children and adolescents with PDD and to evaluate the effects of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, fluvoxamine, in a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trial...
- AMPHETAMINE, INSULIN AND THE DA TRANSPORTER IN VIVOLynette Daws; Fiscal Year: 2005..In turn, these studies may help to illuminate the neural mechanisms underlying the high co-morbidity of eating disorders and drug abuse. ..
- Training in Psychopharmacology and Outcomes ResearchEric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2008..of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine of Medicine format shown below. Role on ..
- Greater New York Autism Research Center of ExcellenceJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..Core B: Clinical Core; Core C: Data Management and Statistics Core; Core D: Information Transfer Core. ..
- FLUOXETINE IN PEDIATRIC BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDEREric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2008..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- PHARMACOTHERAPY OF ADOLESCENT BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDEREric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2002..When untreated, adolescent-onset BDD appears to often interfere with the developmental tasks of adolescence, to persist, and to cause substantial morbidity through out the life span. ..
- Divalproex Sodium/Placebo In Child/Adolesent AutismEric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Age, ethanol, and strain effects on the behavioral pharmacology of cannabinoidsBRETT GINSBURG; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will help us understand how aging, exposure to ethanol, and perhaps genetic disposition change the behavioral response to these drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Models for examining selective effects of pharmacotherapy on reinforced behaviorsBRETT GINSBURG; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will clarify important factors involved in studies of alcohol effects and potential medications for alcoholics. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PGP Regulation of Antipsychotic Exposure and EffectsC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research will provide support for translational studies in humans to refine treatment guidelines for the use of this class of medications in severely mentally ill patients. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will form the basis for subsequent studies which should provide a more rational basis for dosing of methadone in pregnant addicts. ..
- PULSE LOADED IV CLOMIPRAMINE IN UNRESPONSIVE OCDLorrin Koran; Fiscal Year: 2001..outcome can be predicted from baseline clinical information. (Throughout this revised grant application, revisions are indicated by bold type face, except that the new Introduction is in ordinary typeface). ..
- Carbohydrate Metabolism in Late PregnancyMary Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies in the pregnant dog model in fact suggest that multiple counterregulatory mechanisms are altered by pregnancy. ..
- Emory Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental DisordersBecky Kinkead; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- FLUOXETINE AND BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN SOCIAL PHOBIAJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Effective treatments can be a long way towards reducing the societal burden associated with the disorder. ..
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once SERT binding is determined in depressed patients, we will be able to assess the relationship of SERT binding and treatment response to SSRIs. ..
- Computerized Decision Support System for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Comparisons will be made between CDSS-D, PPA-D, and UC-D. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN CHILD PSYCHOPATHOLOGY & TREATMENTMark Riddle; Fiscal Year: 2008..This training program is thoughtfully organized to produce a cadre of graduates who will become productive independent interventions researchers in child and adolescent major mental disorders. ..
- CONTROLLED FAMILY STUDY IN PATIENTS WITH FIBROMYALGIALesley Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- REVAMP Follow-UpMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- INTEGRATIVE NEUROBIOLOGY OF ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL SEIZURESCarl Faingold; Fiscal Year: 2002..We expect these approaches to yield novel insights into the neurobiological mechanisms controlling seizure susceptibility during ethanol withdrawal and suggest improved approaches to the therapy of alcoholism. ..
- KAVA KAVA IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY: A DOUBLE-BLIND TRIALJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will also contribute towards providing an answer to what is rapidly becoming a major public health question, namely what can we reasonably expect herbal treatments to offer? ..
- RUPP-PI in New York CityLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2006..The expertise and experience at this RUPP-PI site also will be directed to train new investigators. In creating TASA, a collaborative group of 8 RUPP-PI applicants forged the ability to work together. ..
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD IN PEDIATRIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGYAndres Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..practical substrate for the training plan described: 1) A double-blind, placebo- controlled study of low-dose fluvoxamine in the treatment of obsessive, compulsive, and general anxiety symptoms in adolescents diagnosed with Asperger ..
- Use of Chronoamperometry to Measure Extracellular 5 HTAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments involve multiple approaches to study an effect of specific antidepressant drugs that may be very important in sustaining the enhancement of monoaminergic transmission that underlies clinical improvement ..
- Functional neuroanatomical deficits in ADHD familiesLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2004..Imaging will be performed at corresponding imaging sites at DUMC, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Stanford University respectively. ..
- Treatment with Exercise Augmentation for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- IMPROVING CARE FOR PANIC DISORDER IN PRIMARY CAREMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OCD TREATMENT OUTCOMES--BEYOND PHASE 3 DRUG TRIALSDeborah Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., when people vary in their response to a particular treatment and in their risk for a given condition, and multiple- comparison artifacts that are frequently encountered in analyzing data from multicenter studies. ..
- Novel Pharmacological Strategies in AutismChristopher McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2009..Phase II (following 6 months of aripiprazole monotherapy). ..
- South Texas Graduate Diversification ProgramAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Talented URMs are available who are capable of having successful careers in mental health research. Our program is designed to recruit these students and demonstrate to them that the can be successful. ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMichael Van Ameringen; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Methodologic quality predictors of observational studiesNirav Shah; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our research could identify potential deficiencies in the available data for a given area and guide future investigators on what common pitfalls to avoid when conducting original research in that field. ..
- Substance Use Comorbidity Care: Evidence-Based Stepped Strategies for DepressionCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Analysis and Role of RGS6 as a Novel Growth SuppressorRory A Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will determine how RGS6 works and will determine the basis for loss of RGS6 expression in human cancers. These studies could contribute to novel approaches in cancer therapy. ..
- SMART: Improving Detection & Outcome of Psychiatric Comorbidity in Drug TreatmentCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Depression Prevention in Pregnant AI Teens Using CBTGolda Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2006..If findings from the present study are positive, the intervention will be evaluated in a larger study (R01). ..
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for comorbidity in substance abuse clinicsCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Stress and Marijuana Cue-Elicited Craving and ReactivityAimee McRae; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..
- RGS6 Signaling and Function in Neural DevelopmentRory Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Family Based Prevention for Childhood AnxietyGolda Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The specific aim of Study 2 is to conduct a controlled pilot evaluation of a family-based prevention intervention for reducing current levels of anxiety and preventing the onset of anxiety disorders in the offspring of anxious parents. ..
- Career Training in Marijuana DependenceAimee McRae; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcome measure will be marijuana use as assessed by self-report and weekly urine drug screens. The results of this study will help guide future directions for research in the area of marijuana dependence. ..
- Atomoxetine Treatment for ADHD and Marijuana DependenceAimee McRae Clark; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project is designed to increase our knowledge of treatment options for patients with marijuana dependence, an area which has been under investigated. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preventing Psychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic InjuryMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..Findings will provide justification for and information about optimal parameters (e.g., subject selection; sample size; dose and duration) for a future randomized controlled trial (RCT). ..
- RUPP-PIChristopher McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] ..
- Follow-up of the PATS SampleMark Riddle; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4 is to determine the stability of the ADHD diagnosis and other comorbidities made for study entry at age 3-5 years across subsequent development [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROPHYLACTIC COGNITIVE THERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONMichael E Thase; Fiscal Year: 2010....