Genomes and Genes
Summary: The d-form of AMPHETAMINE. It is a central nervous system stimulant and a sympathomimetic. It has also been used in the treatment of narcolepsy and of attention deficit disorders and hyperactivity in children. Dextroamphetamine has multiple mechanisms of action including blocking uptake of adrenergics and dopamine, stimulating release of monamines, and inhibiting monoamine oxidase. It is also a drug of abuse and a psychotomimetic.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: novel findings using a simulated adult workplace environment designTimothy Wigal
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, Child Development Center, Irvine, CA, USA
Behav Brain Funct 6:34. 2010..Duration of efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) was assessed in adults (18-55 years) with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) using the simulated adult workplace environment...
- Pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and its active metabolite, d-amphetamine, with increasing oral doses of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a single-dose, randomized, open-label, crossoverSamuel W Boellner
Clinical Study Centers, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Clin Ther 32:252-64. 2010..Information on the pharmacokinetic profile of LDX in children with ADHD is lacking...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: linear dose-proportionality, low intersubject and intrasubject variability, and safety in an open-label single-dose pharmacokinetic study in healthy adult volunteersJames Ermer
Shire Development, 725 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 50:1001-10. 2010..These findings indicate that the pharmacokinetic parameters of d-amphetamine were dose-proportional and predictable over a wide range of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate doses...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLenard A Adler
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Ave 7D, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1364-73. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of 30, 50, and 70 mg/day lisdexamfetamine dimesylate compared with placebo in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRobert L Findling
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:395-405. 2011..To examine lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) efficacy and safety versus placebo in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Efficacy and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (NRP-104) in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, forced-dose, parallel-group studyJoseph Biederman
Department of Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Ther 29:450-63. 2007..Following ingestion, the pharmacologically active d-amphetamine molecule is gradually released by rate-limited hydrolysis...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and mixed amphetamine salts extended-release in children with ADHD: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover analog classroom studyJoseph Biederman
Clinical and Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:970-6. 2007..Pharmacologically active d-amphetamine is released from lisdexamfetamine following oral ingestion...
- Long-term effectiveness and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in school-aged children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRobert L Findling
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
CNS Spectr 13:614-20. 2008..In short-term studies, once-daily LDX provided efficacy throughout the day. This study presented here was conducted to assess the long-term safety, tolerability, and effectiveness of LDX in 6- to 12-year-olds with ADHD...
- Mortality associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drug treatment: a retrospective cohort study of children, adolescents and young adults using the general practice research databaseSuzanne McCarthy
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London and the Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Drug Saf 32:1089-96. 2009....
- Dextroamphetamine modulates the response of the human amygdalaAhmad R Hariri
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:1036-40. 2002..In a double-blind placebo controlled study, fMRI revealed that dextroamphetamine potentiated the response of the amygdala during the perceptual processing of angry and fearful facial ..
- Abuse liability and safety of oral lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in individuals with a history of stimulant abuseD R Jasinski
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Psychopharmacol 23:419-27. 2009..Abuse-related liking scores of LDX at a dose corresponding to a 50% higher amphetamine base (LDX 150 mg) were similar to d-amphetamine 40 mg...
- Comparisons between bupropion and dexamphetamine in a range of in vivo tests exploring dopaminergic transmissionP Bredeloux
CNRS FRE 2735, Unité de Neuropsychopharmacologie Expérimentale, IFRMP 23, Faculte de Medecine Pharmacie, 22 Bd Gambetta, Rouen Cedex, France
Br J Pharmacol 150:711-9. 2007..In the present study we investigated, in a range of in vivo tests whether the antidepressant bupropion, and its metabolites shared the dopamine releasing effect of the chemically related dexamphetamine...
- Persistence of pharmacological treatment into adulthood, in UK primary care, for ADHD patients who started treatment in childhood or adolescenceSuzanne McCarthy
School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
BMC Psychiatry 12:219. 2012....
- Short-term effects of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate on cardiovascular parameters in a 4-week clinical trial in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLenard A Adler
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1652-61. 2009..To evaluate the short-term impact of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate on cardiovascular parameters in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Long-term safety and effectiveness of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorderRichard Weisler
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
CNS Spectr 14:573-85. 2009..To evaluate the long-term safety and effectiveness of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) in the treatment of adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Effects of dextroamphetamine on cognitive performance and cortical activationV S Mattay
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Intramural Research Program, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, Office of Intramural Research, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Neuroimage 12:268-75. 2000..The current study was performed with BOLD fMRI to examine physiological correlates of the effects of dextroamphetamine on working-memory performance in healthy controls...
- D-amphetamine-induced behavioral sensitization: implication of a glutamatergic medial prefrontal cortex-ventral tegmental area innervationM Cador
Laboratoire de Neuropsychobiologie des Desadaptations, CNRS UMR5541, BP 31, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux II, France
Neuroscience 94:705-21. 1999....
- Sustaining executive functions during sleep deprivation: A comparison of caffeine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinilWilliam D S Killgore
Department of Behavioral Biology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Sleep 32:205-16. 2009....
- Long-term treatment outcomes with lisdexamfetamine dimesylate for adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder stratified by baseline severityLawrence Ginsberg
Red Oak Psychiatry Associates, PA, Houston, TX 77090, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1097-107. 2011..To examine the impact of baseline severity on lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) efficacy in a long-term study of adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- An n-of-1 trial service in clinical practice: testing the effectiveness of stimulants for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderC Jane Nikles
The University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Pediatrics 117:2040-6. 2006..We sought to describe the clinical use of n-of-1 trials for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in publicly and privately funded family and specialized pediatric practice in Australia...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: recent advances in paediatric pharmacotherapyDiane E May
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5581, USA
Drugs 70:15-40. 2010..Such recent developments and ongoing study of additional potential pharmacological interventions may lead to additional future treatment options for children with ADHD...
- Human pharmacology of intravenous lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: abuse liability in adult stimulant abusersD R Jasinski
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Psychopharmacol 23:410-8. 2009..LDX was well tolerated in this population. In contrast to d-amphetamine, LDX administered intravenously did not produce significant subjective abuse-related liking scores at assessed doses...
- Brain potential indices of novelty processing are associated with preference for amphetamineFrances H Gabbay
Clinical Psychophysiology and Psychopharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4712, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 18:470-88. 2010..The findings have implications for vulnerability to addiction and illustrate the promise of ERPs in parsing elemental phenotypes...
- Open-label administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate improves executive function impairments and symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adultsThomas E Brown
Yale Clinic for Attention and Related Disorders, Yale University School of Medicine, 1188 Whitney Ave, PO Box 6694, Hamden, New Haven, CT 06517, USA
Postgrad Med 122:7-17. 2010..Poor self-regulation and control of emotional behaviors frequently are seen in patients with ADHD. This study assessed EF behaviors in adults with ADHD at baseline and after 4 weeks of treatment with lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX)...
- Differences in the mechanisms that increase noradrenaline efflux after administration of d-amphetamine: a dual-probe microdialysis study in rat frontal cortex and hypothalamusSandrine M Géranton
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, U K
Br J Pharmacol 139:1441-8. 2003....
- Pharmacologic treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children: incidence, prevalence, and treatment patterns in the NetherlandsPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development Inc, Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087 5637, USA
Clin Ther 33:188-203. 2011....
- The epidemiology of pharmacologically treated attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary careSuzanne McCarthy
School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
BMC Pediatr 12:78. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the annual prevalence and incidence of pharmacologically treated ADHD in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary care...
- Agonist-like or antagonist-like treatment for cocaine dependence with methadone for heroin dependence: two double-blind randomized clinical trialsJohn Grabowski
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, Substance Abuse Mediation Development Research Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:969-81. 2004..They coincide with our previous reports of amphetamine or risperidone administered singly in cocaine-dependent individuals...
- Disulfiram enhances subjective effects of dextroamphetamine in humansMehmet Sofuoglu
Yale University, Department of Psychiatry, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Ave, Bldg 36 116A4, West Haven, CT 06516, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:394-8. 2008..of this study was to determine the effects of disulfiram on acute physiological and subjective responses to dextroamphetamine in healthy volunteers...
- Group II mGluR agonist LY354740 and NAAG peptidase inhibitor effects on prepulse inhibition in PCP and D-amphetamine models of schizophreniaCaterina P Profaci
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, 37th and O Sts, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 216:235-43. 2011....
- Effects of dextroamphetamine, caffeine and modafinil on psychomotor vigilance test performance after 44 h of continuous wakefulnessWilliam D S Killgore
Department of Behavioral Biology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
J Sleep Res 17:309-21. 2008..Some deficits can be temporarily reversed by stimulant medications including caffeine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinil...
- The effects of modafinil, caffeine, and dextroamphetamine on judgments of simple versus complex emotional expressions following sleep deprivationNathan O Huck
Department of Behavioral Biology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Int J Neurosci 118:487-502. 2008..47 h of sleep deprivation, the study examined the effect of three stimulant medications (modafinil 400 mg, dextroamphetamine 20 mg, caffeine 600 mg) or placebo on the ability of 54 healthy participants to discriminate and label ..
- Dual effects of D-amphetamine on dopamine neurons mediated by dopamine and nondopamine receptorsW X Shi
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 20:3504-11. 2000..Thus, revising the traditional concept, this study suggests that D-amphetamine has two effects on DA cells, a DA-mediated inhibition and a non-DA-mediated excitation. The latter is mediated in part through adrenergic alpha1 receptors...
- Effects of omeprazole on the pharmacokinetic profiles of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and extended-release mixed amphetamine salts in adultsMary B Haffey
Clinical Pharmacology, Shire Development Inc, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Postgrad Med 121:11-9. 2009..To evaluate the pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX), a long-acting prodrug stimulant, and mixed amphetamine salts extended-release (MAS XR), alone or with omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI)...
- Evidence for a role of D1 dopamine receptors in d-amphetamine's effect on timing behaviour in the free-operant psychophysical procedureT H C Cheung
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Room B109, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 185:378-88. 2006..Studies using the fixed-interval peak procedure implicated D2 dopamine receptors in these effects. Less is known about the effects of dopaminergic manipulations on temporal differentiation in other timing schedules...
- Non-medical use of prescription stimulants among US college students: prevalence and correlates from a national surveySean Esteban McCabe
University of Michigan, Substance Abuse Research Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Addiction 100:96-106. 2005..To examine the prevalence rates and correlates of non-medical use of prescription stimulants (Ritalin, Dexedrine or Adderall) among US college students in terms of student and college characteristics...
- Effectiveness, safety, and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: an open-label, dose-optimization studyRobert L Findling
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:649-62. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the effectiveness and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Relative bioavailability of lisdexamfetamine 70-mg capsules in fasted and fed healthy adult volunteers and in solution: a single-dose, crossover pharmacokinetic studySuma Krishnan
New River Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3 W Shore Rd, Belvedere, CA 94920, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 48:293-302. 2008..These findings indicate that food does not have a significant effect on d-amphetamine or lisdexamfetamine bioavailability in healthy adults and that lisdexamfetamine was well tolerated...
- Differences between dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine: behavioral changes and oxidative damage in brain of Wistar ratsDayane D da-Rosa
Laboratory of Neurosciences and National Institute for Translational Medicine INCT TM, Postgraduate Program in Health Sciences, Health Sciences Unit, University of Southern Santa Catarina, Criciuma, SC 88806 000, Brazil
J Neural Transm 119:31-8. 2012In this study methamphetamine (m-AMPH) and dextroamphetamine (d-AMPH) were compared to determine the potency of the two drugs on behavior and oxidative damage in brain of rats...
- Effect size of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy Wigal
University of California, Irvine, Child Development Center, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Postgrad Med 123:169-76. 2011..To examine duration of efficacy of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by effect size in performance and symptom improvement in a simulated adult workplace environment (AWE)...
- Effects of open-label lisdexamfetamine dimesylate on self-reported quality of life in adults with ADHDMatthew Brams
Bayou City Research, Houston, TX 77007, USA
Postgrad Med 123:99-108. 2011..To assess improvements in quality of life measurements during the open-label portion of a trial examining duration of efficacy of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in a simulated adult workplace environment...
- Methylphenidate for the treatment of apathy in Alzheimer disease: prediction of response using dextroamphetamine challengeNathan Herrmann
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:296-301. 2008..All patients participated in a dextroamphetamine challenge test (one 10-mg oral dose) before treatment with methylphenidate to gauge the functional integrity ..
- An evaluation of the cytochrome p450 inhibition potential of lisdexamfetamine in human liver microsomesSuma Krishnan
New River Pharmaceuticals, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:180-4. 2007..The evidence suggests that lisdexamfetamine has a low potential for drug-drug interactions or initiation of drug-drug interactions...
- Minocycline attenuates subjective rewarding effects of dextroamphetamine in humansMehmet Sofuoglu
Department of Psychiatry and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, School of Medicine, Yale University, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 213:61-8. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine minocycline's effects on the acute physiological, behavioral, and subjective responses to dextroamphetamine (DAMP) in healthy volunteers.
- Improvements in executive function correlate with enhanced performance and functioning and health-related quality of life: evidence from 2 large, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trials in ADHDThomas E Brown
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Clinic for Attention and Related Disorders, 1188 Whitney Ave, New Haven, Hamden, CT 06517, USA
Postgrad Med 122:42-51. 2010..To assess whether improvement in executive function correlates with perceived improvement in health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) who are treated with stimulant medication...
- Clinical gains from including both dextroamphetamine and methylphenidate in stimulant trialsBjørn E Ramtvedt
1 Østfold Hospital Trust, Neuropsychiatric Unit, Fredrikstad, Norway
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 23:597-604. 2013The purpose of this study was to investigate clinical gains from including both dextroamphetamine and methylphenidate in stimulant trials.
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: a new option in stimulant treatment for ADHDRachel E Dew
Duke University Medical Center, Duke Child and Family Studies Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:2907-13. 2010..This review assesses current research on lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX), a relatively recent addition to the range of treatment options...
- Physiotherapy coupled with dextroamphetamine for rehabilitation after hemiparetic stroke: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialDavid J Gladstone
Regional Stroke Centre, Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, and Neurosciences Research, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 37:179-85. 2006Hemiparesis is the commonest disabling deficit caused by stroke. In animals, dextroamphetamine (AMPH) paired with training enhances motor recovery, but its clinical efficacy is uncertain.
- Acute psychosis associated with therapeutic use of dextroamphetamineDiane P Calello
Pediatrics 113:1466. 2004
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of sustained-release dextroamphetamine for treatment of methamphetamine addictionG P Galloway
Addiction and Pharmacology Research Laboratory, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:276-82. 2011..MA) dependence entered a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of oral dextroamphetamine (d-AMP) as a replacement therapy for MA dependence...
- Polymorphisms in dopamine transporter (SLC6A3) are associated with stimulant effects of D-amphetamine: an exploratory pharmacogenetic study using healthy volunteersAjna Hamidovic
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Behav Genet 40:255-61. 2010..These findings suggest a pleiotropic effect of this polymorphic locus on both ADHD and sensitivity to the subjective effects of amphetamine...
- Norepinephrine transporter gene variation modulates acute response to D-amphetamineAndrea Dlugos
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 61:1296-305. 2007..Because the effects of amphetamine are mediated in part by the norepinephrine transporter (SLC6A2), we examined interindividual differences in mood response to amphetamine in relation to SLC6A2 gene polymorphisms...
- Opposing efficacy of group III mGlu receptor activators, LSP1-2111 and AMN082, in animal models of positive symptoms of schizophreniaJoanna M Wieronska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343, Krakow, Poland
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 220:481-94. 2012..Several studies have suggested that modulation of the glutamatergic system via metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGlu) could be a new and efficient way to achieve antipsychotic-like activity...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: a prodrug stimulant for the treatment of ADHD in children and adultsGregory Mattingly
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63301, USA
CNS Spectr 15:315-25. 2010..This review of LDX presents the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetic profile of this novel stimulant medication, and is intended to help clinicians understand its role in treating children and adults with ADHD...
- Serotonin transporter genotype and acute subjective response to amphetamineDavid C Lott
Linden Oaks Hospital at Edward, Naperville, Illinois, USA
Am J Addict 15:327-35. 2006..The separate and combined analyses of the gene-linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) and the Intron 2 VNTR suggest that these two HTT polymorphisms may contribute to acute subjective responses to d-amphetamine with a small effect...
- The efficacy and safety profile of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, a prodrug of d-amphetamine, for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adultsJadwiga Najib
Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Clin Ther 31:142-76. 2009..Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) is a once-daily medication approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children (aged 6-12 years) and adults...
- Incidence and prevalence of drug-treated attention deficit disorder among boys in the UKHershel Jick
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston University, Lexington, MA, USA
Br J Gen Pract 54:345-7. 2004..Since no quantitative data on the incidence and prevalence of drug-treated ADD are available in the UK, we used the general practice research database (GPRD) to obtain such information...
- Further evidence of association between amphetamine response and SLC6A2 gene variantsAndrea M Dlugos
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC3077 Chicago, IL, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:501-11. 2009..We previously found that the intronic norepinephrine transporter gene (SLC6A2) polymorphism rs36017 modulates feelings of elation after administration of 20 mg D-amphetamine in healthy volunteers...
- Atomoxetine attenuates dextroamphetamine effects in humansMehmet Sofuoglu
Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 35:412-6. 2009..Although preclinical studies support the contribution of the noradrenergic system activation in mediating the acute effects of amphetamines, these findings have not been followed up in clinical studies...
- Behavioural and neurochemical abnormalities in mice lacking functional tachykinin-1 (NK1) receptors: a model of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderTing C Yan
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Neuropharmacology 57:627-35. 2009..We propose that mutations in the NK1R gene (tacr1 in humans) could contribute to this disorder, and that drugs that activate NK1R could offer therapeutic relief...
- Effects of 6-hydroxydopamine lesions of the nucleus accumbens septi on performance of a 5-choice serial reaction time task in rats: implications for theories of selective attention and arousalB J Cole
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, U K
Behav Brain Res 33:165-79. 1989..They therefore complete a double dissociation of effects on accuracy and vigour of responding, supporting theories of a division of arousal-type processes...
- Global 5-HT depletion attenuates the ability of amphetamine to decrease impulsive choice on a delay-discounting task in ratsCatharine A Winstanley
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EB, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 170:320-31. 2003..Although most behavioural effects of amphetamine are attributed to the dopaminergic system, some recent evidence suggests a role for serotonin in this paradoxical "calming" effect...
- Association between the casein kinase 1 epsilon gene region and subjective response to D-amphetamineJeremy Veenstra-Vanderweele
Institute of Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1056-63. 2006..001), which corresponded to a leftward shift in the dose-response curve. These findings demonstrate the successful translation of pharmacogenetic results from mice to humans...
- Dextroamphetamine pilot crossover trials and n of 1 trials in patients with chronic tension-type and migraine headacheDavid C Haas
Department of Neurology, University Health Care Center, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA
Headache 44:1029-37. 2004To examine the preventive effects of dextroamphetamine in select small groups of patients with chronic tension-type and migraine headache.
- Agonist-like pharmacotherapy for stimulant dependence: preclinical, human laboratory, and clinical studiesDavid V Herin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1187:76-100. 2010..This report reviews preclinical, human laboratory, and clinical trial data supporting the agonist-like approach, including risks and benefits. Future directions for development of agonist-like medications are also discussed...
- Dextroamphetamine for cocaine-dependence treatment: a double-blind randomized clinical trialJ Grabowski
SubstanceAbuse Medications Development Research Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Texas Houston, Houston 77005, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:522-6. 2001..In the multistage dosing design, subjects initially received placebo (PBO) or 15 to 30 mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate, sustained-release capsules. At week 5, the dose doubled to 30 mg or 60 mg for active groups...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: treatment discontinuation in adolescents and young adultsSuzanne McCarthy
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, School of Pharmacy, University of London and Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 194:273-7. 2009..Symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are known to persist into adulthood in the majority of cases...
- D-amphetamine-induced behavioral sensitization: effect of lesioning dopaminergic terminals in the medial prefrontal cortex, the amygdala and the entorhinal cortexY Bjijou
Laboratoire de Neuropsychobiologie des Desadaptations, CNRS UMR5541, P O Box 31, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux II, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Neuroscience 109:499-516. 2002....
- The acute effects of d-amphetamine and methamphetamine on attention and psychomotor performanceBeata Y Silber
Drugs and Driving Research Unit, Brain Sciences Institute, Swinburne University of Technology, 400 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn, Victoria 3122, Australia
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:154-69. 2006..It is not clear how the deleterious effects of amphetamines on driving performance are mediated in terms of select cognitive processes...
- Effect of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate on parent-rated measures in children aged 6 to 12 years with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a secondary analysisFrank A Lopez
Children s Developmental Center, Winter Park, FL 32792, USA
Postgrad Med 120:89-102. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) in school-aged children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), using the Conners' Parent Rating Scale, Revised Short Version (CPRS-R:S) and its subscales...
- cAMP and extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in response to d-amphetamine and methylphenidate in the prefrontal cortex in vivo: role of beta 1-adrenoceptorsVincent Pascoli
INSERM UPMC UMR 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 68:421-9. 2005..This activation could have behavioral consequences and contribute to the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- The use of dextroamphetamine to treat obesity and hyperphagia in children treated for craniopharyngiomaPatrick W Mason
Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children, Fairfax, VA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:887-92. 2002..Obesity and attention difficulties are known complications following surgical treatment for craniopharyngioma. Treatments to date have been largely disappointing...
- Sustained release d-amphetamine reduces cocaine but not 'speedball'-seeking in buprenorphine-maintained volunteers: a test of dual-agonist pharmacotherapy for cocaine/heroin polydrug abusersMark K Greenwald
Substance Abuse Research Division, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:2624-37. 2010..Further research is warranted to ascertain whether SR-AMP combined with BUP could be a useful dual-agonist pharmacotherapy...
- Multiple daily-dose pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in healthy adult volunteersSuma M Krishnan
New River Pharmaceuticals, Radford, VA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:33-40. 2008..To evaluate the pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX; Vyvanse) in fasting healthy adult volunteers...
- Methylphenidate and dextroamphetamine abuse in substance-abusing adolescentsRobert J Williams
Addiction Counselling Program, School of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 3M4, Canada
Am J Addict 13:381-9. 2004The prevalence of methylphenidate and dextroamphetamine misuse and abuse was examined in 450 adolescents referred for substance abuse treatment...
- Attenuation of the effects of d-amphetamine on interval timing behavior by central 5-hydroxytryptamine depletionS Body
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Room B109, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:547-59. 2009..The effect of d-amphetamine can be antagonized by selective D(1)-like and 5-HT(2A) receptor antagonists. It is not known whether d-amphetamine's effect requires an intact 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) pathway...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate for childhood ADHDVishal Madaan
Department of Psychiatry, Creighton University University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 44:319-24. 2008..Lisdexamfetamine is a prodrug comprised of dextroamphetamine covalently attached to an essential amino acid, L-lysine...
- Comparison of the effects of sibutramine and other weight-modifying drugs on extracellular dopamine in the nucleus accumbens of freely moving ratsH L Rowley
BASF Pharma Research and Development, Nottingham, UK
Synapse 38:167-76. 2000..These findings therefore suggest that dopaminergic reward mechanisms are not involved in the reduction of food intake by sibutramine. Furthermore, they are consistent with the view that sibutramine lacks abuse potential...
- The effects of caffeine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinil on humor appreciation during sleep deprivationWilliam D S Killgore
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Behavioral Biology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Sleep 29:841-7. 2006....
- Evaluation of the effects of lamotrigine, valproate and carbamazepine in a rodent model of maniaRoberto Arban
Department of Biology, Psychiatry CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline S p A, Via Fleming 4, 37135 Verona, Italy
Behav Brain Res 158:123-32. 2005..In the meantime, the model may be useful for distinguishing novel anticonvulsant drugs with different mechanisms of action...
- Lesions of the medial prefrontal cortex or nucleus accumbens core do not impair inhibitory control in rats performing a stop-signal reaction time taskD M Eagle
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Behav Brain Res 146:131-44. 2003..These results are discussed with respect to the fronto-striatal circuitry involved in the mediation of behavioural inhibition...
- Effects of lithium and valproate on amphetamine-induced oxidative stress generation in an animal model of maniaBenicio N Frey
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, and the Bipolar Disorders Program, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Psychiatry Neurosci 31:326-32. 2006..We studied the effects of the mood stabilizers lithium and valproate on amphetamine-induced oxidative stress in an animal model of mania...
- Performance and alertness effects of caffeine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinil during sleep deprivationNancy J Wesensten
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Department of Behavioral Biology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Sleep Res 14:255-66. 2005..At 23:50 hours on day 4 (after 64 h awake), subjects ingested placebo, caffeine 600 mg, dextroamphetamine 20 mg, or modafinil 400 mg (n=12 per group)...
- A randomized double-blind trial of paroxetine and/or dextroamphetamine and problem-focused therapy for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adultsMargaret Weiss
Division of Child Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 67:611-9. 2006To determine the effect of psychotherapy, dextroamphetamine, and/or paroxetine on attention-deficit/hyperactivity-disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Tolerance to the effect of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine (DOI) on free-operant timing behaviour: interaction between behavioural and pharmacological mechanismsT H C Cheung
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 192:521-35. 2007..There have been no previous investigations of tolerance to the effect of DOI on free-operant timing behaviour...
- Pharmacological profiles in rats of novel antipsychotics with combined dopamine D2/serotonin 5-HT1A activity: comparison with typical and atypical conventional antipsychoticsLaurent Bardin
Division of Neurobiology, Pierre Fabre Research Centre, Castres, France
Behav Pharmacol 18:103-18. 2007....
- Effects of D-amphetamine in a temporal discrimination procedure: selective changes in timing or rate dependency?Amy L Odum
Department of Psychology, University of New Hampshire 03824, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 78:195-214. 2002..These results are thus consistent with rate dependency but not with the predictions of the neuropharmacological model...
- Double-blind study of dextroamphetamine versus caffeine augmentation for treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorderLorrin M Koran
OCD Clinic, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1530-5. 2009Two small, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-dose, crossover studies found dextroamphetamine (d-amphetamine) 30 mg clearly superior to placebo in relieving symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Comparing guanfacine and dextroamphetamine for the treatment of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderF B Taylor
Rainier Associates, Tacoma, Washington 98467, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:223-8. 2001The objective of this study was to compare the efficacy of the alpha-2a agonist guanfacine with that of dextroamphetamine for the treatment of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- What is a "low dose" of d-amphetamine for inducing behavioral effects in laboratory rats?D M Grilly
Psychology Department, Cleveland State University, OH 44115, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 153:155-69. 2001..Although investigators of the behavioral effects of amphetamine in rats sometimes refer to doses used as being "low", "moderate", "high", etc., it is not clear in what sense these terms apply...
- Relationship of plasma amphetamine levels to physiological, subjective, cognitive and biochemical measures in healthy volunteersSheila J Asghar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:291-9. 2003..In conclusion, while dextro-amphetamine administration definitely causes several changes which are seen in mania, there remain some physiological and metabolic differences between these two conditions...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: the first long-acting prodrug stimulant treatment for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderStephen V Faraone
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Research, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:1565-74. 2008..Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate is the first long-acting prodrug stimulant and is indicated for the treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate is a therapeutically inactive molecule...
- Efficacy of modafinil compared to dextroamphetamine for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adultsF B Taylor
Rainier Associates, Tacoma, Washington 98467, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 10:311-20. 2000Our objective was to compare the efficacy of the new wake-promoting drug modafinil to that of dextroamphetamine for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults...
- Depletion of brain serotonin following intra-raphe injections of 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine does not alter d-amphetamine self-administration across different schedule and access conditionsP J Fletcher
Departments of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Clarke Division, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 146:185-93. 1999..These experiments investigated the effects of selective serotonin (5-HT) depletion on intravenous self-administration of d-amphetamine...
- Lithium does not attenuate the effects of D-amphetamine in healthy volunteersP H Silverstone
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Canada
Psychiatry Res 79:219-26. 1998..It is suggested that whilst D-amphetamine may produce effects similar to mania, its mechanism of action is different from that which occurs in mania, and therefore the usefulness of the amphetamine model of mania is called into question...
- Amphetamine-induced conditioned activity and sensitization: the role of habituation to the test context and the involvement of Pavlovian processesE Tirelli
, , Belgium
Behav Pharmacol 9:409-19. 1998..Together, the findings are incompatible with the habituation hypothesis, and further support the role of Pavlovian conditioning...
- Effects of dextroamphetamine, lithium chloride, sodium valproate and carbamazepine on intraplatelet Ca2+ levelsMichele L Ulrich
Department of Psychiatry, Walter Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta
J Psychiatry Neurosci 28:115-25. 2003..of bipolar disorder and the mechanism of action of mood stabilizers, we investigated the effects of dextroamphetamine (a model for mania) and the most widely used mood stabilizers, lithium chloride, sodium valproate and ..
- Dextroamphetamine causes a change in regional brain activity in vivo during cognitive tasks: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study of blood oxygen level-dependent responseMorgan C Willson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 56:284-91. 2004b>Dextroamphetamine is known to have profound effects on both subjective and physiologic measurements, but it is unclear to what extent these behavioral changes are a direct result of altered regional brain activation...
- Pilot randomized double blind placebo-controlled study of dexamphetamine for cocaine dependenceJames Shearer
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 98:1137-41. 2003..To establish the feasibility of conducting a placebo-controlled clinical trial of dexamphetamine replacement therapy for cocaine dependence and to obtain preliminary data...
- Probing brain reward system function in major depressive disorder: altered response to dextroamphetamineLescia K Tremblay
Psychopharmacology Research Program, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre Sunnybook Campus, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Ave, Room F 327, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:409-16. 2002The state of the brain reward system in major depressive disorder was assessed with dextroamphetamine, which probes the release of dopamine within the mesocorticolimbic system, a major component of the brain reward system, and produces ..
- Early life tactile stimulation changes adult rat responsiveness to amphetamineVedran Lovic
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto at Mississauga, 3359 Mississauga Rd N, Mississauga, Canada ON L5C 1C6
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 84:497-503. 2006..The enhancement of the effect of amphetamine by artificial rearing was not apparent in artificially reared maximal stimulation rats...
- Neurophysiological Effects of Amphetamine AphasiaGerry Stefanatos; Fiscal Year: 2006..primary form of rehabilitation for aphasia, can be enhanced by adjuvant treatment with low doses (10 mg) of dextroamphetamine (DEX). The nature of the effect and its physiological basis are unclear...
- Extended-Release Mixed Amphetamine Salts for Adults ADHD and Cocaine DependenceJOHN G GRABOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hypothesis: There will be greater improved CGI scores in participants receiving dextroamphetamine compared to PBO. Measure changes in impulsivity during ER-MAS vs. PBO...
- Extended Release Mixed Amphetamine Salts for Adult ADHD and Cocaine DependenceFrances Rudnick Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hypothesis: There will be greater improved CGI scores in participants receiving dextroamphetamine compared to PBO. 2. Measure changes in impulsivity during ER-MAS vs. PBO...
- Patterns of Drug Use and Abuse in the Brazilian Rave CultureJames Inciardi; Fiscal Year: 2009..drugs have been MDMA (ecstasy), GHB, ketamine, LSD, methamphetamine, and a few prescription drugs, such as dextroamphetamine and methylphenidate...
- TREATMENT OF ADHD IN TOURETTE SYNDROMEHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 1990..Although psychostimulant medications (mainly methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, or pemoline) are usually considered the drugs of choice for ADHD, in patients with TS these medications may ..
- Psychostimulants and Alpha-1 Adrenoceptor SubtypesPaul Wellman; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will advance our understanding of the behavioral functions of brain a l-AR subtypes and may lead to the identification of new drugs that inhibit eating without activating brain reinforcement systems. ..
- Methylphenidate-Ethanol Interaction in ADHD and CoabuseKennerly Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., dextroamphetamine vs. MPH; dI-MPH vs. d-MPH; immediate-release MPH vs. extended-release MPH; or adjustment of MPH...
- High-Field Functional MRI of Human EuphoriaRonald Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Subjects will then be given a dose of dextroamphetamine, and the ongoing activity in their brain will be studied with fMRI BOLD...
- Improving Guideline Adherence & Management of ADHD CareJONAS BROMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Inflexxion would license the OCMS, rather than sell it outright, and continue to obtain revenues for management and support of the service. ..
- Dextroamphetamine Treatment for Comorbid Cocaine Dependence and ADHDDAVID HERIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..and analysis of substance use disorder clinical trials, including a pilot study examining the ability of dextroamphetamine to treat individuals with comorbid cocaine dependence and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Evaluation of Stimulant DrugsSharon Wigal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Within-subject PK variability in time-course of serum concentration for each medication will be analyzed, and the time-response characteristics also will be estimated based on PD measures for methylphenidate. ..
- GABA Medications for Tobacco AddictionMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of this study will provide valuable information to develop new pharmacotherapies for smoking cessation. ..
- Cocaine Withdrawal and Pharmacotherapy ResponseMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal, by testing the efficacy of carvedilol and investigating the influence of withdrawal severity on carvedilol's efficacy, may result in development of more effective treatments for cocaine addiction. ..
- Progestrone and the Effects of NicotineMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2006..By characterizing the progesterone effects on nicotine dependence, this study may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms which mediate the sex and menstrual cycle phase effects on nicotine dependence. ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- IV COCAINE ABUSE TREATMENT: A LABORATORY MODELRICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- LABORATORY ANALYSIS OF COCAINE ABSTINENCERICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- BIOPHYSICAL STUDY OF ANTIPSYCHOTICS BEHAVIORAL EFFECTSStephen Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will improve our understanding of the pharmacological basis of dopamine related behaviors and assist in the discovery of improved antipsychotic medications. ..
- CNS Mechanisms that Modulate RewardKENNETH CARR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The research proposed in this application is aimed at elucidating midbrain and striatal mechanisms involved in the increased behavioral responsiveness of FR rats to drugs of abuse. ..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR COLLABORATIVE MOOD STABILZER TRAILRobert Findling; Fiscal Year: 2003..Lastly, this trial will provide descriptive information on the stability of acute phase response to monotherapy over a 16 week continuation phase. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- OPIOID MECHANISMS THAT FACILITATE REWARDKENNETH CARR; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroimaging of Benzodiazepine-Induced AmnesiaMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results of the proposed research also will enhance the understanding of the functional neuroanatomy of basic human memory processes. ..
- Preventing Cocaine Relapse: Developing PharmacotherapiesCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2008..Reducing relapse to drug use is important because intravenous abuse of cocaine may be associated with increased risk of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (A.I.D.S.). ..
- Brain Imaging of Tobacco Craving Using fMRIChris Ellyn Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, because nicotine dependence is a prototypic addiction, this research should provide a model for similar research with other drug dependencies. ..
- Sexual Orientation, Substance Use and Mental HealthSEAN MCCABE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Depression, Cytokines, and Pancreatic CancerWilliam Breitbart; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Agonist Replacement Therapy for Cocaine Dependence: Identifying Novel MedicationsCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identifying novel agonist replacement therapies is important because clinicians may be reluctant to use d-amphetamine because of its abuse potential. ..
- Stimulant Abuse Pharmacotherapy: Novel AntipsychoticsCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research will provide initial scientific and clinical information regarding the use of aripiprazole as a pharmacotherapy for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence, and guide the design of future clinical trials. ..
- Meaning-Centered Psychotherapy in Advanced CancerWilliam Breitbart; Fiscal Year: 2002..Larger, randomized controlled trials of Meaning-Centered Group Psychotherapy will be conducted in the future utilizing the insights learned from this pilot intervention study. ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL BASES OF STIMULANT DRUG PREFERENCEFRANCES GABBAY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Accordingly, this research will link behavioral, subjective and electrophysiological data in analyses of individual differences in the effects of stimulant drugs. ..
- DESIRE FOR DEATH AMONG TERMINALLY ILL PATIENTS WITH AIDSWilliam Breitbart; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Imaging Individual Differences in Amphetamine EffectsTara L White; Fiscal Year: 2010..This goal is important given the increasingly problematic use of amphetamines by adolescents and young adults nation-wide. ..
- Follow-up of the PATS SampleTimothy Wigal; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4 is to determine the stability of the ADHD diagnosis and other comorbidities made for study entry at age 3-5 years across subsequent development [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Benzodiazepine Use/Abuse: Effects on Memory MechanismsMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information from this project can also be used to develop cognitive rehabilitation programs and to tailor drug abuse and anxiety treatment interventions to the specific capabilities of long-term users. ..
- Prescription Drug Abuse Among College StudentsSEAN MCCABE; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Nonmedical Prescription Drug Use among College StudentsSEAN MCCABE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from this research will have important implications for the understanding of the epidemiology, prevention and treatment of prescription drug abuse. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Human Cocaine DiscriminationCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Elucidating the role of dopamine in mediating the effects of cocaine may guide the development of pharmacological interventions for cocaine. ..
- Intravenous Cocaine Discrimination in HumansChris Ellyn Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this will be an efficient paradigm for examining the ability of compounds to attenuate the effects of cocaine in humans and may lead to a successful pharmacological treatment for cocaine abuse/dependence. ..
- Protective Influence of Residential Learning CommunitiesSEAN MCCABE; Fiscal Year: 2006..At each measurement point, participants will complete a set of measures that assess substance use behaviors and constructs addressed by RLCs. ..
- Effects of Opioid Pharmacotherapy on FunctioningMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data from this project may also enhance the scientific understanding of pharmacological and cognitive mechanisms. ..
- Epidemiology of Prescription Drug Abuse in the United StatesSEAN MCCABE; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will help identify risk factors for substance abuse. Most importantly, the findings will provide guidance for the prevention, assessment, and treatment of prescription drug abuse. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASSESSING ABUSE POTENTIAL IN HUMAN--CNS STIMULANTSCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibitory Control: Toward a Vulnerability PhenotypeFRANCES GABBAY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the proposed research will use psychometric and electrophysiological techniques to further define an elemental drug abuse phenotype-inhibitory control-and to confirm its status as a marker of vulnerability. ..
- DEPRESSION/DESIRE FOR DEATH IN TERMINAL CANCER PATIENTSWilliam Breitbart; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is expected to provide a direct evaluation of desire for death in terminally ill cancer patients, and to ascertain whether a pharmacological treatment for depression influences desire for death. ..
- GABA Agonists as Pharmacotherapies for Cocaine AbuseCRAIG RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the proposed research will allow us to conduct retrospective analyses to determine the influence of individual differences (e.g., gender, other drug use) on the reinforcing and subjective effects of cocaine. ..
- Imaging Individual Differences in Amphetamine EffectsTARA WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A neurobehavioral probe of human reward functionBrian Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., anhedonic unipolar depression), the likelihood of recovery, and efficacy of pharmacotherapeutic or psychotherapeutic interventions. ..
- Serotonergic Regulation of Behavioral DisinhibitionStephen Bonasera; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Computerized Decision Support System for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Comparisons will be made between CDSS-D, PPA-D, and UC-D. [unreadable] [unreadable]..