Genomes and Genes
Summary: A radiation-protective agent that oxidizes in air to form CYSTAMINE. It can be given intravenously or orally to treat radiation sickness. The bitartrate has been used for the oral treatment of nephropathic cystinosis.
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Cysteamine prevents inhibition of thiol-containing enzymes caused by cystine or cystine dimethylester loading in rat brain cortexVirginia Cielo Rech
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600, CEP 90 035 003, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Metab Brain Dis 23:133-45. 2008..46 micromol/g body weight of cysteamine from the 16th to the 20th postpartum day and sacrificed after 12 h...
- Transduced PEP-1-FK506BP ameliorates atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga miceSo Young Kim
Department of Biomedical Science and Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hallym University, Chunchon, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 131:1477-85. 2011....
- Target-specific gene silencing of layer-by-layer assembled gold-cysteamine/siRNA/PEI/HA nanocomplexMin Young Lee
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology POSTECH, San 31, Hyoja Dong, Nam Gu, Pohang, Kyungbuk 790 784, Korea
ACS Nano 5:6138-47. 2011..In this work, a cysteamine modified gold nanoparticles (AuCM)/siRNA/polyethyleneimine (PEI)/hyaluronic acid (HA) complex was successfully ..
- Cystamine and cysteamine increase brain levels of BDNF in Huntington disease via HSJ1b and transglutaminaseMaria Borrell-Pages
Institut Curie, CNRS UMR 146, Orsay, France
J Clin Invest 116:1410-24. 2006..We demonstrate that cysteamine, the FDA-approved reduced form of cystamine, is neuroprotective in HD mice by increasing BDNF levels in brain...
- Cysteamine suppresses invasion, metastasis and prolongs survival by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinases in a mouse model of human pancreatic cancerToshio Fujisawa
Tumor Vaccines and Biotechnology Branch, Division of Cellular and Gene Therapies, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34437. 2012b>Cysteamine, an anti-oxidant aminothiol, is the treatment of choice for nephropathic cystinosis, a rare lysosomal storage disease...
- Cysteamine, the molecule used to treat cystinosis, potentiates the antimalarial efficacy of artemisininGundula Min-Oo
Department of Biochemistry, Complex Traits Program, McGill University, 3649 Sir William Osler, Room 366, Montreal, QC H3G 0B1, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:3262-70. 2010..We report that cysteamine (Cys), the aminothiol used to treat nephropathic cystinosis in humans, strongly potentiates the efficacy of ..
- Design of a Pep-1 peptide-modified liposomal nanocarrier system for intracellular drug delivery: Conformational characterization and cellular uptake evaluationMyung J Kang
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Drug Target 19:497-505. 2011..In conclusion, we found that the Pep1-Lipo formulation was a promising nanocarrier system for intracellular delivery of macromolecules...
- Potential of cystamine and cysteamine in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseasesC Gibrat
Centre de Recherche du CHUL CHUQ, Axe Neurosciences, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec, QC, Canada, G1V 4G2
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:380-9. 2011..several neuroprotective agents emerging from experimental animal work, cystamine, as well as its reduced form cysteamine, have been identified as potential candidate drugs...
- Modulation of Th1/Th2 immune responses to HIV-1 Tat by new pro-GSH moleculesAlessandra Fraternale
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Via Saffi, 2, 61029 Urbino PU, Italy
Vaccine 29:6823-9. 2011....
- Cysteamine therapy delays the progression of nephropathic cystinosis in late adolescents and adultsAlbane Brodin-Sartorius
Department of Nephrology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Kidney Int 81:179-89. 2012..is a multisystem autosomal recessive disease caused by cystine accumulation, which is usually treated by oral cysteamine. In order to determine long-term effects of this therapy, we enrolled 86 adult patients (mean age 26...
- Heptahelical protein PQLC2 is a lysosomal cationic amino acid exporter underlying the action of cysteamine in cystinosis therapyAdrien Jézégou
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8192, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, F 75006 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E3434-43. 2012..Finally, PQLC2 transports a lysine-like mixed disulfide that serves as a chemical intermediate in cysteamine therapy of cystinosis, and PQLC2 gene silencing trapped this intermediate in cystinotic cells...
- Cysteamine prevents the development of lens opacity in a rat model of selenite-induced cataractSang Mok Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1452-9. 2012..The authors investigated whether TG2 is involved in selenite-induced cataract formation in rats and whether cysteamine, a chemical inhibitor of TG2, can prevent cataract formation in this model.
- Cysteamine attenuates the decreases in TrkB protein levels and the anxiety/depression-like behaviors in mice induced by corticosterone treatmentAmmar Kutiyanawalla
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26153. 2011..Studies designed to elucidate the mechanisms whereby TrkB signaling is regulated in chronic stress might provide valuable information for the development of new therapeutic strategies for several stress-related psychiatric disorders...
- Glutathione synthesis during in vitro maturation of bovine oocytes: role of cumulus cellsD G De Matos
Centro de Investigaciones Reproductivas Perez Companc, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 57:1420-5. 1997..during IVM of bovine oocytes in the presence of cystine, cysteine, the cysteine analogue N-acetylcysteine, and cysteamine. For this purpose, cumulus-oocyte complexes (COCs), denuded oocytes (DOs), and DOs in coculture with a cumulus ..
- Formulation and in vitro evaluation of cysteamine hydrochloride viscous solutions for the treatment of corneal cystinosisSibel Bozdag
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:260-9. 2008In the present study, viscous solutions of cysteamine hydrochloride (CH) were prepared by using 0.5%, 1.0%, 1.5% or 3.0% of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and were evaluated for their in-vitro characteristics and stability...
- Pharmacological treatment of nephropathic cystinosis with cysteamineRobert Kleta
NHGRI, Building 10, Room 10C 107, MSC 1851, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:2255-62. 2004..g., swallowing disorders). Since the introduction of cysteamine into the pharmacological management of cystinosis, well-treated adolescent and young adult patients have ..
- Long-term follow-up of well-treated nephropathic cystinosis patientsRobert Kleta
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
J Pediatr 145:555-60. 2004We report the excellent clinical outcomes of siblings with nephropathic cystinosis treated diligently with cysteamine starting at 20 months and 2 months of age...
- Inhibition of murine AIDS by pro-glutathione (GSH) moleculesA Fraternale
Institute of Biological Chemistry Giorgio Fornaini, Via Saffi, 2, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, 61029 Urbino PU, Italy
Antiviral Res 77:120-7. 2008..These results show that the administration of pro-GSH molecules may favorably substitute for the use of GSH as such...
- Transduced PEP-1-AMPK inhibits the LPS-induced expression of COX-2 and iNOS in Raw264.7 cellsMin Jea Shin
Department of Biomedical Science and Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hallym University Medical Center, Chunchon 200 704, Korea
BMB Rep 43:40-5. 2010..These results suggest that the PEP-1-AMPK fusion protein can be used for the protein therapy of COX-2 and NO-related disorders such as inflammation and neuronal diseases. [BMB reports 2010; 43(1): 40-45]...
- Cysteamine, the natural metabolite of pantetheinase, shows specific activity against PlasmodiumGundula Min-Oo
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, QC, Canada
Exp Parasitol 125:315-24. 2010..Treatment of mice with the pantetheinase metabolite cysteamine reduces blood-stage replication of P. chabaudi and significantly increases survival...
- Capacity of adult and prepubertal mouse oocytes to undergo embryo development in the presence of cysteamineD G De Matos
Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Reprod Dev 64:214-8. 2003..The IVM medium was supplemented with: 0, 25, 50, 100, or 200 microM of cysteamine. To study the novo GSH synthesis, 5 mM BSO was added during IVM of adult or prepubertal oocyte...
- Effects of cysteamine on MPTP-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration in miceLinjuan Sun
Department of Neurobiology and Neurology, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Diseases of Ministry of Education, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, 45 Changchun Street, Beijing 100053, China
Brain Res 1335:74-82. 2010b>Cysteamine is a degradation product of the amino acid cysteine and a reduced form of cystamine...
- Translocation or membrane disintegration? Implication of peptide-membrane interactions in pep-1 activitySónia Troeira Henriques
Centro de Quimica e Bioquimica, Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa, Ed C8, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
J Pept Sci 14:482-7. 2008..In this review, the ability of pep-1 to transverse the membrane by an endocytosis-independent mechanism, not mediated by pores as well as an ability to induce membrane disintegration at high peptide concentration, is demonstrated...
- Attenuation of cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcer with Cochinchina momordica seed extract through inhibiting cytoplasmic phospholipase A2/5-lipoxygenase and activating γ-glutamylcysteine synthetaseKi Seok Choi
Laboratory of Translational Medicine, Gachon University Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Incheon, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:13-22. 2012b>Cysteamine is a reducing aminothiol used for inducing duodenal ulcer through mechanisms of oxidative stress related to thiol-derived H(2)O(2) reaction...
- Cysteamine restores glutathione redox status in cultured cystinotic proximal tubular epithelial cellsMartijn J Wilmer
Laboratory of Genetic Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:643-51. 2011..The most common treatment involves intracellular cystine depletion by cysteamine, delaying the development of end stage renal disease by a yet elusive mechanism...
- Cysteamine increases expression and activity of H+-K+-ATPase of gastric mucosal cells in weaning pigletsZhi Min Shi
Key Laboratory of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:6707-12. 2005To determine the in vivo and in vivo effects of cysteamine (CS) on expression and activity of H(+)-K(+)-ATPase of gastric mucosal cells in weaning piglets.
- Leptin is involved in the effects of cysteamine on egg laying of hens, characteristics of eggs, and posthatch growth of broiler offspringY Hu
Key Laboratory of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, P R China
Poult Sci 87:1810-7. 2008b>Cysteamine has been reported to modulate energy homeostasis and exert significant growth-promoting effects in broiler chickens...
- Radioprotection of DNA by thiols: relationship between the net charge on a thiol and its ability to protect DNAS Zheng
Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Radiat Res 114:11-27. 1988..to protect DNA was shown to depend upon the net charge (Z) at pH 7 in the order WR 1065 (Z = +2) greater than cysteamine (Z = +1) greater than 2-mercaptoethanol (Z = 0) approximately equal to dithiothreitol (Z = 0) greater than GSH (..
- Long-term treatment of cystinosis in children with twice-daily cysteamineRanjan Dohil
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Pediatr 156:823-7. 2010Cystinosis causes renal and other organ failure. Treatment with 6-hourly cysteamine bitartrate (Cystagon, Mylan, Morgantown, West Virginia) reduces intracellular cystine and the rate of organ deterioration...
- NAC/MEA conjugate: a new potent antioxidant which increases the GSH level in various cell linesJ Oiry
Laboratoire de Chimie Organique Biomoléculaire de Synthèse, UMR 5625 CNRS UM II, Universite Montpellier II, Sciences et Techniques du Languedoc, France
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:1189-91. 2001....
- Cysteamine dioxygenase: evidence for the physiological conversion of cysteamine to hypotaurine in rat and mouse tissuesRelicardo M Coloso
Cornell University, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Ithaca, New York 148453, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 583:25-36. 2006
- Supplementation with cysteamine during maturation and embryo culture on embryo development of prepubertal goat oocytes selected by the brilliant cresyl blue testAixa Urdaneta
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Zygote 11:347-54. 2003Our previous studies have shown that the addition of 100 mircroM cysteamine to the in vitro maturation (IVM) medium increased the embryo development of prepubertal goat oocytes...
- Understanding intestinal cysteamine bitartrate absorptionRanjan Dohil
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92103 8450, USA
J Pediatr 148:764-9. 2006To test the hypothesis that a controlled-release preparation of cysteamine, with fewer daily administrations, would improve the quality of life for patients with cystinosis.
- Influence of cysteamine supplementation and culture in portable dry-incubator on the in vitro maturation, fertilization and subsequent development of mouse oocytesNaiqing Chen
Embryonics International, Gleneagles Hospital, Annexe Block, 01 38, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500, Singapore
Theriogenology 63:2300-10. 2005..In addition, the effects of cysteamine supplementation on maturation rate and embryonic development during in vitro maturation (IVM) and culture of ..
- The evaluation and treatment of gastrointestinal disease in children with cystinosis receiving cysteamineRanjan Dohil
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8450, USA
J Pediatr 143:224-30. 2003b>Cysteamine prevents organ damage in children with cystinosis, but may cause gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms. In this study we evaluated the nature of GI disease, and the value of omeprazole in controlling GI symptoms in these children.
- Cysteamine alters redox state, HIF-1alpha transcriptional interactions and reduces duodenal mucosal oxygenation: novel insight into the mechanisms of duodenal ulcerationTetyana Khomenko
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Diagnostic and Molecular Medicine Health Care Group, Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, CA 90822, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:121-7. 2004..critical role of enhanced transcriptional activity of early growth response factor-1 (Egr-1) in early stages of cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcer in rats...
- Pharmacokinetics of enteric-coated cysteamine bitartrate in healthy adults: a pilot studyJon A Gangoiti
Department of Paediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 70:376-82. 2010b>Cysteamine bitartrate is taken lifelong, every 6 h and for the treatment of cystinosis. Recent studies using cysteamine for for other diseases such as neurodegenerative disorders adopt the same dosing regimen for cysteamine...
- Candida albicans infection delays duodenal ulcer healing in cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcers in ratsLongxue Jin
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 53:2878-85. 2008..albicans (the Candida group) or saline (the control group) was administered intragastrically into rats with a cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcer...
- Mouse cumulus-denuded oocytes restore developmental capacity completely when matured with optimal supplementation of cysteamine, cystine, and cumulus cellsPing Zhou
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai An City, People s Republic of China
Biol Reprod 82:759-68. 2010Our objectives were to study how cysteamine, cystine, and cumulus cells (CCs), as well as oocytes interact to increase oocyte intracellular glutathione (GSH) and thereby to establish an efficient in vitro maturation system for cumulus-..
- The opposite effects of cysteamine on the acquisition of two different tasks in mice are associated with bidirectional testing-induced changes in hippocampal adenylyl cyclase activityJ L Guillou
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Comportementales et Cognitives, Universite de Bordeaux I, Talence, France
Behav Neurosci 112:900-8. 1998..Results showed that subcutaneous injections of cysteamine (160 mg/kg) (a) impaired acquisition of the spatial task while producing an opposite (i.e...
- HEC-cysteamine conjugates: influence of degree of thiolation on efflux pump inhibitory and permeation enhancing propertiesDeni Rahmat
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Pharm 422:40-6. 2012Within the present study hydroxyethyl cellulose-cysteamine conjugates are investigated regarding biocompatibility, in situ gelling, permeation enhancing and efflux pump inhibitory properties...
- Gold nanoparticle probes: design and in vitro applications in cancer cell cultureGülcan Unak
Ege University, Faculty of Science, Biochemistry Department, Bornova 35100, Izmir, Turkey
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 90:217-26. 2012..For the conjugation of (18)F-FDG and AuNPs, cysteamine was first bound to mannose triflate (Man-CA) before synthesizing of (18)F-FDG which has cysteamine sides ((18)..
- Cysteamine, glutathione and ionomycin treatments improve in vitro fertilization of prepubertal goat oocytesAixa Urdaneta
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Zygote 12:277-84. 2004..study was to improve in vitro embryo development of prepubertal goat oocytes by studying the effect of adding cysteamine to in vitro maturation medium, glutathione (GSH) to in vitro fertilization medium and ionomycin to the sperm ..
- Autophagy-mediated chemosensitization by cysteamine in cancer cellsXiao Mei Wan
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230027, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 129:1087-95. 2011b>Cysteamine (CS) has many biomedical and clinical applications because of its excellent water solubility, low cytotoxicity and good biocompatibility. A previous study by Brawer et al...
- The interactions between cysteamine, cystine and cumulus cells increase the intracellular glutathione level and developmental capacity of goat cumulus-denuded oocytesPing Zhou
Laboratory for Animal Reproduction and Embryology, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian City 271018, Shandong Province, People s Republic of China
Reproduction 135:605-11. 2008To improve in vitro maturation (IVM) of denuded oocytes (DOs), we observed the interactive effects of cysteamine, cystine and cumulus cells on the glutathione (L-gamma-glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine; GSH) level and developmental capacity of ..
- Strict cysteamine dose regimen is required to prevent nocturnal cystine accumulation in cystinosisElena N Levtchenko
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 21:110-3. 2006..b>Cysteamine depletes intralysosomal cystine content, postpones the deterioration of renal function and the occurrence of ..
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cysteamine bitartrate in paediatric nephropathic cystinosis patientsEric B Belldina
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:520-5. 2003b>Cysteamine is used to reduce tissue cystine content in patients suffering from nephropathic cystinosis...
- Oral carnitine therapy in children with cystinosis and renal Fanconi syndromeW A Gahl
Section of Human Biochemical Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Clin Invest 81:549-60. 1988..However, its efficacy in restoring muscle carnitine to normal, and the optimal dosage regimen, have yet to be determined...
- Enteric-coated cysteamine for the treatment of paediatric non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseR Dohil
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:1036-44. 2011..Hepatic fat accumulation and oxidative stress contribute to its pathogenesis. Cysteamine bitartrate readily traverses cellular membranes and is a potent antioxidant.
- Nephropathic cystinosis: posterior segment manifestations and effects of cysteamine therapyEkaterini T Tsilou
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1002-9. 2006..Treatment involves intracellular cystine depletion with oral cysteamine. A wide spectrum of ocular pathologic features has been associated with nephropathic cystinosis...
- Esomeprazole therapy for gastric acid hypersecretion in children with cystinosisRanjan Dohil
UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8450, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1786-93. 2005Oral cysteamine therapy prevents natural disease progression in children with cystinosis, but it may cause severe gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms through gastric acid-hypersecretion...
- Enhanced ghrelin secretion in rats with cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcersSeiichiro Fukuhara
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G138-45. 2005..b>Cysteamine inhibits the release of somatostatin and induces the formation of duodenal ulcers in rats...
- Swallowing dysfunction in 101 patients with nephropathic cystinosis: benefit of long-term cysteamine therapyBarbara C Sonies
Oral Motor Function Section, Physical Disabilities Branch, Rehabilitation Medicine Department, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:137-46. 2005..function) increased (that is, worsened) with the number of years that a patient was not receiving treatment with cysteamine, the cystine-depleting agent of choice in cystinosis...
- Evaluation of treatment with cysteamine eyedrops for cystinosis with confocal microscopyRui Tavares
Ophthalmology Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Cornea 28:938-40. 2009The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of cysteamine eyedrops 0...
- In vitro maturation and glutathione synthesis of porcine oocytes in the presence or absence of cysteamine under different oxygen tensions: role of cumulus cellsY Z Bing
National Agricultural Research Center for Tohoku Region, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
Reprod Fertil Dev 14:125-31. 2002..vitro maturation (IVM) and glutathione (GSH) synthesis of porcine oocytes cultured in the presence or absence of cysteamine under different oxygen tensions, and on their subsequent male pronucleus formation after in vitro fertilization (..
- Pantetheinase activity of membrane-bound Vanin-1: lack of free cysteamine in tissues of Vanin-1 deficient miceG Pitari
Dipartmento di Biologia di Base ed Applicata Università di L Aquila, Italy
FEBS Lett 483:149-54. 2000..is an ubiquitous enzyme which in vitro has been shown to recycle pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and to produce cysteamine, a potent anti-oxidant...
- Nephropathic cystinosis: late complications of a multisystemic diseaseGalina Nesterova
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Human Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:863-78. 2008..Prior to renal transplantation and cystine-depleting therapy with cysteamine for children with nephropathic cystinosis, their lifespan was approximately 10 years...
- The influence of trehalose, taurine, cysteamine and hyaluronan on ram semen Microscopic and oxidative stress parameters after freeze-thawing processMustafa Numan Bucak
Ankara University, Veterinary Faculty, Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, 06610 Ankara, Turkey
Theriogenology 67:1060-7. 2007..diluted with a Tris-based extender containing additives including trehalose (50, 100mM), taurine (25, 50mM), cysteamine (5, 10mM), and hyaluronan (0...
- Effect of cysteamine on oxidative stress-induced cell death of human corneal endothelial cellsYoung Joo Shin
Department of Ophthalmology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Curr Eye Res 36:910-7. 2011The principal objective of this study was to evaluate the protective effect of cysteamine against the oxidative stress-induced cell death of human corneal endothelial cells.
- CystinosisWilliam A Gahl
Heritable Disorders Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892 1830, USA
N Engl J Med 347:111-21. 2002
- Evolution of ocular manifestations in nephropathic cystinosis: a long-term study of a population treated with cysteaminePascal Dureau
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:142-6. 2003..Renal transplantation and oral cysteamine have improved the general prognosis of the disease, and ocular manifestations are now the most common ..
- A multicentre randomised double masked clinical trial of a new formulation of topical cysteamine for the treatment of corneal cystine crystals in cystinosisE T Tsilou
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 87:28-31. 2003To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a new topical cysteamine formulation, stable at room temperature, for the treatment of corneal cystine crystals in cystinosis.
- Corneal crystals in nephropathic cystinosis: natural history and treatment with cysteamine eyedropsW A Gahl
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Heritable Disorders Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Genet Metab 71:100-20. 2000..Administration of 0.55% cysteamine eyedrops, given 6 to 12 times per day, dissolved corneal cystine crystals in 10 representative patients with ..
- Gel formulations for treatment of the ophthalmic complications in cystinosisBarbara Buchan
School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, The Robert Gordon University, Schoolhill, Aberdeen, UK
Int J Pharm 392:192-7. 2010..It is treated by regular administration of the aminothiol, cysteamine. Corneal crystal deposition is one of the most troublesome complications affecting patients and requires the ..
- Development of Fanconi syndrome during infancy in a patient with cystinosisElena Levtchenko
Acta Paediatr 95:379-80. 2006
- Nephropathic cystinosis in adults: natural history and effects of oral cysteamine therapyWilliam A Gahl
National Human Genome Research Institute and Intramural Office of Rare Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:242-50. 2007The full burden of nephropathic cystinosis in adulthood and the effects of long-term oral cysteamine therapy on its nonrenal complications have not been elucidated.
- Functionalization of gold cysteamine self-assembled monolayer with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid as a novel nanosensorReza Karimi Shervedani
Department of Chemistry, University of Isfahan, Isfahan 81746 73441, Islamic Republic of Iran
Anal Chim Acta 587:254-62. 2007Electrochemical characterization of gold cysteamine self-assembled monolayer, in situ functionalized with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (Au-CA-EDTA SAM), is described by cyclic voltammetry (CV), electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (..
- Growth retardation in children with cystinosisM Besouw
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Minerva Pediatr 62:307-14. 2010..The cystine depleting drug cysteamine slows down the progression of renal disease, protects extra-renal organs, accelerates growth and therefore ..
- Fertility status in male cystinosis patients treated with cysteamineMartine T P Besouw
Department of Pediatrics Pediatric Nephrology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Fertil Steril 93:1880-3. 2010To analyze the fertility status in adult, male cystinosis patients treated with cysteamine. Cystinosis is an autosomal recessive disease leading to intralysosomal cystine accumulation...
- Twice-daily cysteamine bitartrate therapy for children with cystinosisRanjan Dohil
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92103 8450, USA
J Pediatr 156:71-75.e1-3. 2010Cystinosis causes renal and other organ failure. Regular 6-hourly cysteamine bitartrate (Cystagon; Mylan, Morgantown, West Virginia) reduces intracellular cystine and the rate of organ deterioration...
- Studies on the anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive effects of melatonin in the ratSiham M el-Shenawy
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Pharmacol Res 46:235-43. 2002..5 mg kg(-1). Melatonin enhanced the anti-inflammatory effect of cysteamine (300 mg kg(-1), s.c.) in the carrageenan-induced paw oedema...
- A comparison of the effectiveness of cysteamine and phosphocysteamine in elevating plasma cysteamine concentration and decreasing leukocyte free cystine in nephropathic cystinosisL A Smolin
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Pediatr Res 23:616-20. 1988b>Cysteamine (beta-mercaptoethylamine, MEA) is currently used to treat children with nephropathic cystinosis...
- A novel approach to enhancing cellular glutathione levelsPamela Maher
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurochem 107:690-700. 2008..In this study, we characterize an additional EC conjugate, cysteamine-EC, that is 5- to 10-fold more potent than the earlier conjugates...
- Comparison of cystine determination in mixed leukocytes vs polymorphonuclear leukocytes for diagnosis of cystinosis and monitoring of cysteamine therapyElena Levtchenko
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Chem 50:1686-8. 2004
- Cysteamine supplementation of in vitro maturation media: a reviewS Deleuze
Université de Liège Clinique des animaux de compagnie et des équidés, Liege, Belgium
Reprod Domest Anim 45:e476-82. 2010..Addition of low molecular weight compounds to culture media, such as cysteamine, can increase GSH levels by increasing cysteine uptake...
- Potential antidepressant properties of cysteamine on hippocampal BDNF levels and behavioral despair in miceChu Hsin Shieh
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1590-4. 2008..Recent work has found that cysteamine and its related agent, cystamine, are neuroprotective in Huntington's disease mice, and act by enhancing the ..
- The origin of halitosis in cystinotic patients due to cysteamine treatmentMartine Besouw
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Metab 91:228-33. 2007Cystinosis is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by the intralysosomal accumulation of cystine. Cysteamine removes cystine from the lysosome and slows down the progression of the disease...
- Early oral cysteamine therapy for nephropathic cystinosisWilliam A Gahl
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, MSC 1851 Building 10, Room 10C 103, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1851, USA
Eur J Pediatr 162:S38-41. 2003..The mainstay of cystinosis therapy is oral cysteamine (Cystagon)...
- Developmental toxicity of cysteamine in the rat: effects on embryo-fetal developmentD A Beckman
Division of Developmental Biology, Nemours Research Programs, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Teratology 58:96-102. 1998The reproductive and developmental safety of cysteamine has become an important issue to children with cystinosis because renal transplants and treatment with cysteamine reduce the complications associated with cystinosis and increase the ..
- Cysteamine supplementation of in vitro maturation medium, in vitro culture medium or both media promotes in vitro development of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) embryosT Anand
Animal Biotechnology Centre, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal 132 001, India
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:253-7. 2008..effects of supplementation of in vitro maturation (IVM) or in vitro culture (IVC) or both IVM and IVC media with cysteamine on the yield, hatching rate (HR) and total cell number (TCN) of buffalo blastocysts were examined...
- Effects of cysteamine on oxidative status in cerebral cortex of ratsAdriana Kessler
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600, CEP 90 035 003, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Metab Brain Dis 23:81-93. 2008..Tissue damage depends on cystine accumulation, but the mechanisms of this damage are still obscure. Cysteamine administration depletes cystine accumulated, increasing survive of affected patients...
- Cystamine and cysteamine prevent 3-NP-induced mitochondrial depolarization of Huntington's disease knock-in striatal cellsZhengkuan Mao
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Eur J Neurosci 23:1701-10. 2006..of Huntington's disease (HD); however, the precise mechanism(s) by which cystamine and the related compound cysteamine are beneficial remain to be elucidated...
- Thiolated polymers: synthesis and in vitro evaluation of polymer-cysteamine conjugatesA Bernkop-Schnürch
Center of Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Pharm 226:185-94. 2001..Mediated by a carbodiimide cysteamine was covalently linked to sodium carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and polycarbophil (PCP)...
- CYTE-I-HD: phase I dose finding and tolerability study of cysteamine (Cystagon) in Huntington's diseaseRichard Dubinsky
Department of Neurology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Mov Disord 21:530-3. 2006..b>Cysteamine, the dimer of cystamine, is an orphan drug approved for the treatment of nephropathic cystinosis and has a ..
- Role of iron in the pathogenesis of cysteamine-induced duodenal ulceration in ratsTetyana Khomenko
Diagnostic and Molecular Medicine Health Care Group, VA Medical Ctr, 5901 East 7St, Long Beach, CA 90822 5201, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G1277-86. 2009b>Cysteamine induces perforating duodenal ulcers in rats within 24-48 h. This reducing aminothiol generates hydrogen peroxide in the presence of transition metals (e.g...
- Effect of cysteamine on redox-sensitive thiol-containing proteins in the duodenal mucosaTetyana Khomenko
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Diagnostic and Molecular Medicine Health Care Group, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 309:910-6. 2003Recent studies from our laboratory demonstrated that Egr-1 is upregulated in the rat duodenal mucosa during cysteamine-induced duodenal ulceration and that antisense egr-1 oligonucleotide aggravates the duodenal ulcers...
- Influence of cysteamine on in vitro maturation, in vitro and in vivo fertilization of equine oocytesS Deleuze
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Département des Sciences Cliniques Clinique Equine, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgium
Reprod Domest Anim 45:1-7. 2010Contents The effect of cysteamine on in vitro nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation of equine oocytes collected by transvaginal ultrasound guided follicular aspiration was assessed...
- (S)-(2-(2'-Pyridyl)ethyl)cysteamine and (S)-(2-(2'-pyridyl)ethyl)-d,l-homocysteine as ligands for the "fac-[M(CO)(3)](+)" (M = Re, (99m)Tc) coreO Karagiorgou
Institutes of Radioisotopes Radiodiagnostic Products, Biology, and Materials Science, NCSR Demokritos, Ag Paraskevi, Athens, Greece
Inorg Chem 44:4118-20. 2005The reaction of fac-[NEt(4)](2)[Re(CO)(3)Br(3)] with (S)-(2-(2'-pyridyl)ethyl)cysteamine, L(1), in methanol leads to the formation of the cationic fac-[Re(CO)(3)(NSN)][Br] complex, 1, with coordination of the nitrogen of the pyridine, the ..
- The killing effect of 4-S-cysteaminylphenol, a newly synthesised melanin precursor, on B16 melanoma cell linesI Yamada
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Br J Cancer 63:187-90. 1991..Thus, 4-S-CAP appears to provide a new, effective cytotoxic agent for rational chemotherapy of malignant melanomas...
- Pharmacokinetics of cysteamine bitartrate following gastrointestinal infusionMeredith C Fidler
Department of Paediatrics and Family, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:36-40. 2007Although cysteamine was first used in the treatment of cystinosis in 1976 and approved by the FDA as cysteamine bitartrate (Cystagon) in 1994, surprisingly little pharmacological data are available for this compound...
- Phase advances of circadian rhythms in somatostatin depleted rats: effects of cysteamine on rhythms of locomotor activity and electrical discharge of the suprachiasmatic nucleusC Fukuhara
Laboratory of Integrative Brain Functions, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Comp Physiol A 175:677-85. 1994..Intraperitoneal administration of cysteamine (200 mg/kg), a somatostatin depletor, significantly reduced somatostatin level in the in vivo SCN 5 min after ..
- [From gene to disease: cystinosis]E N Levtchenko
afd Kindergeneeskunde, Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:476-8. 2004..The amino-thiol cysteamine depletes lysosomal cystine content by a disulfide-exchange reaction with cystine...
- Exogenous gamma-glutamyl cycle compounds supplemented to in vitro maturation medium influence in vitro fertilization, culture, and viability parameters of porcine oocytes and embryosBrian D Whitaker
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24060 0306, USA
Theriogenology 62:311-22. 2004..Porcine oocytes were matured in NCSU 23 medium supplemented with either l-cysteine (3.3 mM), l-cysteamine (150 P < 0.05microM), l-cysteine and l-cystemaine, l-glycine (1, 2.5, or 5 mM), l-glutamate (1, 2...
- Treatment of cystinosis: simple in principle, difficult in practiceJerry A Schneider
J Pediatr 145:436-8. 2004
- Hematological manifestations of nephropathic cystinosisAshkan Emadi
Department of Oncology, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Acta Haematol 119:169-72. 2008....
- Noncirrhotic portal hypertension in association with juvenile nephropathic cystinosis: case presentation and review of the literatureP DiDomenico
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:693-9. 2004..The patient had a history of poor compliance with her prescribed cysteamine therapy. Routine examination revealed normal liver function without hepatomegaly but asymptomatic splenomegaly...
- [Cystinosis: an infrequent cause of distal myopathy]F J Rodríguez-Gómez
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Juan Ramon Jimenez, 21005 Huelva
Rev Neurol 40:156-8. 2005..Cystinosis is a hereditary disease with clinical symptoms that are caused by the accumulation of cystine crystals in different tissues. Distal vacuolar myopathy has been reported as one of its later complications...
- Cysteamine prevents and reverses the inhibition of creatine kinase activity caused by cystine in rat brain cortexRochele M Müller Fleck
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600 anexo, CEP 90 035 003 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neurochem Int 46:391-7. 2005..kinetic studies and investigated the effects of GSH, a biologically occurring thiol group protector, and cysteamine, the drug used for cystinosis treatment, to better understand the effect of cystine on creatine kinase activity...
- Growth hormone producing prolactinoma in juvenile cystinosis: a simple coincidence?Martine T P Besouw
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 23:307-10. 2008..Treatment with oral cysteamine and topical cysteamine eye drops was started...
- Promotion of oxidative stress in kidney of rats loaded with cystine dimethyl esterVirginia Cielo Rech
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600, CEP 90 035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1121-8. 2007..Animals were injected twice a day with 1.6 micromol/g body weight CDME and/or 0.26 micromol/g body weight cysteamine (CSH) from the 16th to the 20th postpartum day and killed after 1 or 12 h...
- Effects on in vitro embryo development and intracellular glutathione content of the presence of thiol compounds during maturation of prepubertal goat oocytesElisabet Rodríguez-González
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Reprod Dev 65:446-53. 2003..The present study was carried out to determine whether supplementation of the IVM medium with 100 microM of cysteamine, 100 microM of beta-mercaptoethanol, 0.57 mM of cysteine, and 0...
- Lentiviral-transduced hematopoictic stem cell transplantation for cystinosisStephanie Cherqui; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cystine accumulation eventually leads to multi-organ dysfunction. The drug cysteamine reduces the intracellular concentration of cystine...
- Integrative Genomics of Vanin Gene Expression in Relation to CVD RiskEric Moses; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a pantetheinase that catalyzes the hydrolysis of D-pantetheine generating pantothenate (vitamin B5) and cysteamine, a potent anti-oxidant known to prevent lipid peroxidation...
- NUTRITIONAL REGULATION OF CYSTEINE DIOXYGENASEMartha H Stipanuk; Fiscal Year: 2013..These two unique enzymes are cysteine dioxygenase (CDO), encoded by CDO1, and cysteamine dioxygenase (ADO, 2-aminoethanethiol dioxygenase), which we recently showed to be encoded by human gene C10orf22...
- Kidney-targeted gene delivery for cystinosisStephanie Cherqui; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cystine accumulation eventually leads to multi-organ dysfunction. The drug cysteamine reduces the intracellular concentration of cystine...
- Toxicology studies for gene-modified stem cell transplantation for cystinosisStephanie Cherqui; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cystine accumulation leads to multi-organ dysfunction. The drug cysteamine reduces the intracellular cystine content...
- Development of Cysteamine as a Medical Radiation CountermeasureJohn L Zenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Humanetics is working to develop the small stable molecule BIO 600 as a radioprotective countermeasure to protect people from death due to the lethal effects of ARS. ..
- Molecular Basis of Infantile NCLSandra L Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate the mechanism of action of cysteamine, the first rationally designed drug introduced for the treatment of INCL, through biochemical and metabolic ..
- Molecular Mechanisms in Arterial CalcificationRobert A Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2012..precursor cells linked with both PPi deficiency and driven by increased vanin-1 pantetheinase activity, cysteamine generation, and consequent GSH depletion...
- LYSOSOMAL TRANSPORT OF NUCLEOSIDES AND NUCLEOBASESRONALD PISONI; Fiscal Year: 1992..Lysosomal amino acid studies have aided our understanding of the basis of cysteamine treatment of cystinosis...
- SOMATOSTATIN-28 CONTROL OF VASOPESSIN & EPINEPHRINEMARVIN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Depletion of brain somatostatin with cysteamine attenuates hemorrhage-induced elevation of plasma concentration of vasopressin...
- ANTICYSTINOTIC AGENTS, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENTMAXIMILLIAN VON STRANDTMANN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Cystinosis is presently controlled by administration of cysteamine or phosphocysteamine. The repulsive odor of cysteamine frequently causes outright rejection by the patient...
- MAMMALIAN CYSTEINE METABOLISMOwen Griffith; Fiscal Year: 1993..inhibitors of the phosphopantetheine synthesis will be made and used to control taurine formation via the cysteamine pathway...
- DEVELOPMENT OF SOMATOSTATIN-CONTAINING NEURONSDonna Ferriero; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>Cysteamine, which reversibly depletes somatostatin immunoreactivity and biologic activity in the retina and central nervous ..
- MECHANISMS OF RADIOPROTECTION & TOXICITY OF SH COMPOUNDSKATHRYN HELD; Fiscal Year: 1992..The thiols to be used are dithiothreitol, glutathione, and cysteamine and its derivatives, including WR-1065...
- Nutritional Regulation of y-Glutamylcysteine SynthetaseMARTHA STIPANUK; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>cysteamine) to downregulate GCS subunit expression and/or GCS activity; (7) to determine if expression of GCS subunit genes ..
- HIV Neuroprotection WorkshopJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed conference is the first of its kind to highlight neuroprotection in HIV CNS and PNS disorders. By coupling this meeting with the International Symposium on Neurovirology this synergy can be exploited. ..
- NEUROSCIENCE OF HIV CONFERENCEJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Brian Wigdahl, international co-chair of the ISNV, is a co-investigator on this grant. ..
- GENETICS OF AGED RELATED CATARACTS IN SALISBURY MARYLANDNathan Congdon; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- JCV Virus Expression in Oropharynx and HIVJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..This line of investigation would add credence to an oropharyngeal mechanism of JCV transmission and may ultimately lead to the clinical identification of an acute illness attributable to this pathogen. ..
- Intestinal colonization by C.albicans and enteric bacteriaCarol Kumamoto; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Drug Resistance Genes in C. AlbicansCarol Kumamoto; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of these studies is to contribute to a more informed use of fluconazole with respect to prophylaxis, drug dosage regimens and the development of fluconazole resistant strains. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PKC Cys switches -- novel cancer prevention targetsCATHERINE O BRIAN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Regulation of Fungal Invasive GrowthCarol Kumamoto; Fiscal Year: 2006..cerevisiae. Experiments are proposed to identify interactors that bind to the gene products of interest and to elucidate the pathways in which these gene products participate. ..
- MR PREDICTORS OF RESPONSE TO HAART IN HIV DEMENTIAJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will also open novel avenues for exploring the differential sensitivities of these pathways to HAART, and suggest unique therapeutic options. ..
- Novel therapeutics for chronic painPaul Wood; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Structural analysis of TB-RBP, a DNA/RNA-binding proteinJon Robertus; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together, this work should elucidate the molecular structure and the mode of action and regulation of an important new class of DNA/RNA-binding proteins of great interest to the scientific and medical community. ..