Genomes and Genes
Summary: A beta-2 agonist catecholamine that has cardiac stimulant action without evoking vasoconstriction or tachycardia. It is proposed as a cardiotonic after myocardial infarction or open heart surgery.
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- Experimental validation of circumferential, longitudinal, and radial 2-dimensional strain during dobutamine stress echocardiography in ischemic conditionsPatricia Reant
INSERM U828 and IFR4, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:149-57. 2008The aim of this study was to assess and validate 2-dimensional (2D) strain for the detection of ischemia during dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE).
- Cardioprotection against ischaemia induced by dobutamine stress using glucagon-like peptide-1 in patients with coronary artery diseasePhilip A Read
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Heart 98:408-13. 2012..Its pharmacological properties as a cardioprotective agent are attractive because it has a short half-life and there is minimal risk of hypoglycaemia...
- Low-gradient aortic stenosis: operative risk stratification and predictors for long-term outcome: a multicenter study using dobutamine stress hemodynamicsJean Luc Monin
Department of Cardiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Circulation 108:319-24. 2003The prognostic value of dobutamine stress hemodynamic data in the setting of low-gradient aortic stenosis has been addressed in small, single-center studies...
- Impact of individual and cumulative coronary risk factors on coronary flow reserve assessed by dobutamine stress echocardiographySaeed A L Ahmari
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1694-9. 2008..Most studies that have evaluated microcirculation rely on invasive measurement tools. We used dobutamine stress echocardiography, a validated method to measure coronary flow velocity (CFV) and coronary flow reserve (..
- Low-dose dobutamine tissue-tagged magnetic resonance imaging with 3-dimensional strain analysis allows assessment of myocardial viability in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathyDouglas Bree
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Circulation 114:I33-6. 2006..We assessed the hypothesis that 3D strain determination at rest and with low-dose dobutamine would discriminate between viable and nonviable myocardium in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy (ICM).
- Lowered B-type natriuretic peptide in response to levosimendan or dobutamine treatment is associated with improved survival in patients with severe acutely decompensated heart failureAlain Cohen-Solal
Hospital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Faculté de Médecine Denis Diderot, INSERM U 942, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:2343-8. 2009....
- Quantitative myocardial perfusion and coronary reserve in rats with 13N-ammonia and small animal PET: impact of anesthesia and pharmacologic stress agentsEtienne Croteau
Departement de Medecine Nucleaire et Radiobiologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
J Nucl Med 45:1924-30. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of 2 anesthetic agents on myocardial perfusion and coronary reserve in rats under resting and stress conditions with small animal PET...
- Safety of dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography: A prospective experience of 4,033 consecutive studiesW Mathias
Echocardiography Laboratories of Paulista School of Medicine UNIFESP and Exata Diagnostics, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 12:785-91. 1999b>Dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography (DASE) is an established method and has been shown to be accurate for the detection of coronary artery disease...
- Dobutamine improves liver function after hemorrhagic shock through induction of heme oxygenase-1Alexander Raddatz
Klinik für Anaesthesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitat des Saarlandes, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:198-207. 2006Induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) protects the liver against reperfusion injury after hemorrhagic shock. Previous data suggest that the beta(1)-adrenoceptor agonist dobutamine induces HO-1 in hepatocytes.
- Incremental value of strain rate imaging to wall motion analysis for prediction of outcome in patients undergoing dobutamine stress echocardiographyCharlotte Bjork Ingul
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Circulation 115:1252-9. 2007Wall motion score at dobutamine stress echocardiography is an independent predictor of mortality. We sought to determine whether quantification of DSE by strain rate imaging was incremental to wall motion score for predicting outcome.
- The additive prognostic value of end-systolic pressure-volume relation in patients with diabetes mellitus having negative dobutamine stress echocardiography by wall motion criteriaL Cortigiani
Division of Cardiology, Campo di Marte Hospital, Lucca, Italy
Heart 95:1429-35. 2009..The aim of the study was to assess the prognostic value of ESPVR in patients with diabetes mellitus having negative dobutamine stress echocardiography by wall motion criteria.
- Pulmonary vascular resistance, collateral flow, and ventricular function in patients with a Fontan circulation at rest and during dobutamine stressBoris Schmitt
Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin and The Charité, Medical University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:623-31. 2010..The role, interplay, and relative importance of the multifactorial hemodynamic and myocardial mechanisms causing dysfunction of the Fontan circulation remain incompletely understood...
- Acute hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide, dobutamine and a combination of the two in patients with mild to moderate secondary pulmonary hypertensionC D Vizza
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, University of Rome 'La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Crit Care 5:355-61. 2001INTRODUCTION: The use of low-dose dobutamine to maintain hemodynamic stability in pulmonary hypertension may have a detrimental effect on gas exchange...
- The effects of dobutamine and dopamine on intrapulmonary shunt and gas exchange in healthy humansTracey L Bryan
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary Division, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 113:541-8. 2012..b>Dobutamine and dopamine are inotropes commonly used to augment cardiac output; however, both can increase venous admixture/..
- Effect of nesiritide versus dobutamine on short-term outcomes in the treatment of patients with acutely decompensated heart failureMarc A Silver
Heart Failure Institute, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:798-803. 2002..was designed to determine whether nesiritide, administered for acute decompensated congestive heart failure (CHF), affects healthcare costs by hospital length of stay (LOS), readmissions and short-term mortality, compared to dobutamine.
- Relation of myocardial histomorphometric features and left ventricular contractile reserve assessed by high-dose dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyPetar Otasevic
Dr Aleksandar D Popovic Cardiovascular Research Center, Dedinje Cardiovascular Institute, Belgrade University Medical School, Milana Tepica 1, 11040 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, Yugoslavia
Eur J Heart Fail 7:49-56. 2005This study was designed to determine the relationship between histomorphometric features and contractile reserve assessed by high-dose dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Comparison of two-dimensional speckle and tissue Doppler strain measurement during dobutamine stress echocardiography: an angiographic correlationLizelle Hanekom
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Eur Heart J 28:1765-72. 2007..We compared their feasibility and accuracy in 150 patients undergoing dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) and coronary angiography.
- Influence of preload and afterload on stroke volume response to low-dose dobutamine stress in patients with non-ischemic heart failure: a cardiac MR studyAlessandro Pingitore
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Int J Cardiol 166:475-81. 2013Lack of increase in left ventricular (LV) stroke volume (SV) during low-dose dobutamine stress (LDD) is attributed to exhausted cardiac contractile reserve in failing heart...
- Validation of the myocardial performance index by echocardiography in mice: a noninvasive measure of left ventricular functionCraig S Broberg
Divisions of Cardiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97221, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:814-23. 2003..The myocardial performance index (MPI) is a Doppler-based measure of left ventricular (LV) function. It is noninvasive, independent of LV shape, and does not require dimensional measurements. However, it has never been validated in mice...
- Development of cardiovascular disease due to renal insufficiency in male sheep following fetal unilateral nephrectomyReetu R Singh
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Hypertens 27:386-96. 2009..Renal insufficiency is associated with the development of cardiovascular disease...
- Increased systemic oxygen consumption offsets improved oxygen delivery during dobutamine infusion in newborn lambsD J Penny
Centre for Heart and Chest Research, Monash University Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, Monash University, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, 3168
Intensive Care Med 27:1518-25. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine: 1) if dobutamine elicited a thermogenic response during postnatal development; and 2) if this response impacted on the balance between systemic O(2) delivery (DO(2)) and O(2) consumption (VO(2)), and involved one ..
- The role of dobutamine stress cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the clinical management of patients with suspected and known coronary artery diseaseRolf Gebker
German Heart Institute Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:46. 2011Recent studies have demonstrated the consistently high diagnostic and prognostic value of dobutamine stress cardiovascular magnetic resonance (DCMR). The value of DCMR for clinical decision making still needs to be defined...
- Management of scorpion sting: prazosin or dobutamineB D Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, Umaid Hospital for Women and Children, Regional Institute of Maternal and Child Health, Dr Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur, India
J Trop Pediatr 56:115-8. 2010To compare the efficacy of Dobutamine and Prazosin in the management of cases with scorpion sting.
- Long-term prognostic value of dobutamine stress CMRSebastian Kelle
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:161-72. 2011The aim of this study was to assess the long-term value of high-dose dobutamine cardiac magnetic resonance (DCMR) for the prediction of cardiac events in a large cohort of patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease.
- Quantitation of myocardial borderzone using reconstructive 3-D echocardiography after chronic infarction in rats: incremental value of low-dose dobutamineAlexander Ghanem
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:559-66. 2008..in scar and myocardial borderzone size assessment and (ii) to investigate the incremental value of low-dose dobutamine stress...
- Incremental value of strain rate analysis as an adjunct to wall-motion scoring for assessment of myocardial viability by dobutamine echocardiography: a follow-up study after revascularizationLizelle Hanekom
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Circulation 112:3892-900. 2005Assessment of myocardial viability based on wall-motion scoring (WMS) during dobutamine echocardiography (DbE) is difficult and subjective...
- Myocardial viability during dobutamine echocardiography predicts survival in patients with coronary artery disease and severe left ventricular systolic dysfunctionI Afridi
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:921-6. 1998The purpose of this study was to assess whether the presence or absence of myocardial viability during dobutamine echocardiography (DE) predicts survival in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) and severe left ventricular (LV) ..
- Systemic administration of micro-dystrophin restores cardiac geometry and prevents dobutamine-induced cardiac pump failureDeWayne Townsend
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Mol Ther 15:1086-92. 2007..the baseline end-diastolic volume defect in the mdx mouse heart and prevented cardiac pump failure induced by dobutamine stress testing in vivo, although several parameters of systolic function were not corrected...
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography in women with systemic lupus erythematosus: increased occurrence of left ventricular outflow gradientS Codish
Department of Internal Medicine D, Soroka University Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Lupus 13:101-4. 2004b>Dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) is an accurate noninvasive test used for the diagnosis and evaluation of patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- The Ca2+-sensitizer levosimendan improves oxidative damage, BNP and pro-inflammatory cytokine levels in patients with advanced decompensated heart failure in comparison to dobutamineCatherine Avgeropoulou
State Cardiology Department, Hippokration Hospital, 114 Vassilissis Sophias, Athens, Greece
Eur J Heart Fail 7:882-7. 2005To investigate the effect of a new inotropic drug, levosimendan compared with dobutamine on levels of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), interleukin-6 (IL-6), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha), and malondialdehyde (MDA) in patients ..
- Randomized trial of dobutamine versus dopamine in preterm infants with low systemic blood flowDavid Osborn
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
J Pediatr 140:183-91. 2002Our purpose was to determine if dobutamine or dopamine results in greater improvements in systemic blood flow in very preterm infants with low flow during the first 24 hours of life.
- Impaired cardiac functional reserve and left ventricular hypertrophy in adult sheep after prenatal dexamethasone exposureM Dodic
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Circ Res 89:623-9. 2001..The wedge pressure was held constant during an infusion of dobutamine at incremental doses (0.4 to 12 microgram/kg/min) while blood pressure and cardiac output were measured...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of ischemia-induced wall motion abnormalities with the use of high-dose dobutamine stress MRI: comparison with dobutamine stress echocardiographyE Nagel
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute and Charité Campus Virchow, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 99:763-70. 1999The analysis of wall motion abnormalities with dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) is an established method for the detection of myocardial ischemia...
- Effects of dobutamine on gut mucosal nitric oxide production during endotoxic shock in rabbitsSuzana M Lobo
Department of Medicine, Division of Intensive Care Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Med Sci Monit 15:BR37-42. 2009b>Dobutamine is the agent of choice for increasing cardiac output during myocardial depression in humans with septic shock...
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus model ratsTakehisa Abe
Department of Physiology II, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H138-48. 2002..001) lower in severe DM rats. We conclude that the only lusitropic dysfunction due to the depressed expression of SERCA2 is related to generating diabetic cardiomyopathy even in the present type 2 diabetic rats...
- Prognostic value of cardiac magnetic resonance stress tests: adenosine stress perfusion and dobutamine stress wall motion imagingCosima Jahnke
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:1769-76. 2007Adenosine stress magnetic resonance perfusion (MRP) and dobutamine stress magnetic resonance (DSMR) wall motion analyses are highly accurate for the detection of myocardial ischemia...
- Comparison of norepinephrine-dobutamine to epinephrine for hemodynamics, lactate metabolism, and organ function variables in cardiogenic shock. A prospective, randomized pilot studyBruno Levy
Service de Reanimation Medicale, CHU Nancy Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Crit Care Med 39:450-5. 2011..Hence, the present study was designed to compare epinephrine and norepinephrine-dobutamine in dopamine-resistant cardiogenic shock.
- Importance of diastolic fractional flow reserve and dobutamine challenge in physiologic assessment of myocardial bridgingJavier Escaned
Interventional Cardiology Service, Cardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:226-33. 2003..This study reports a comparative assessment of the hemodynamic relevance of myocardial bridges (MB) using two modalities of fractional flow reserve (FFR), with and without concomitant inotropic challenge...
- Left ventricular hypertrophy influences cardiac prognosis in patients undergoing dobutamine cardiac stress testingCharaslak Charoenpanichkit
Departments of Internal Medicine Cardiology Section, Public Health Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, and Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1045, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:392-7. 2010This study was performed to determine the utility of dobutamine stress test results for predicting myocardial infarction (MI) and cardiac death in patients with chest pain and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH).
- Single Tc99m Sestamibi injection, double acquisition gated SPECT after stress and during low-dose dobutamine infusion: a new suggested protocol for evaluation of myocardial perfusionBabak Fallahi
Research Institute for Nuclear Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Shariati Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:825-35. 2008The ability of low dose dobutamine (LDD) has been established in exploiting the reserved contractility of ischemic myocardium...
- Levosimendan improves renal function in patients with acute decompensated heart failure: comparison with dobutamineMehmet Birhan Yilmaz
Department of Cardiology, Cumhuriyet University Faculty of Medicine, 584140, Sivas, Turkey
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 21:431-5. 2007..This study was conducted to investigate the effects of levosimendan (L) and dobutamine (D) on renal function in patients hospitalized with decompensated heart failure (HF).
- Myocardial viability assessment in patients with highly impaired left ventricular function: comparison of delayed enhancement, dobutamine stress MRI, end-diastolic wall thickness, and TI201-SPECT with functional recovery after revascularizationM Gutberlet
Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:872-80. 2005..Wall-motion abnormalities were assessed by stress cine MRI using low-dose dobutamine. A segment with a nonreversible defect in Tl(201)-SPECT and a delayed enhancement (DE) in an area >50% of the ..
- The Arg 389 Gly beta1-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism and human fat cell lipolysisM Ryden
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1599-603. 2001..The beta1-adrenoceptor is a candidate gene for obesity because of its role in catecholamine-induced energy homeostasis. A common Arg 389 Gly variant polymorphism has been shown in recombinant cells to influence its-coupling properties...
- Strain-encoded CMR for the detection of inducible ischemia during intermediate stressGrigorios Korosoglou
University of Heidelberg, Department of Cardiology, Heidelberg, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:361-71. 2010..This study sought to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of strain-encoded cardiac magnetic resonance (SENC) for the detection of inducible ischemia during intermediate stress...
- Magnetic resonance stress tagging in ischemic heart diseaseIngo Paetsch
German Heart Institute Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2708-14. 2005High-dose dobutamine magnetic resonance stress testing has been shown to be superior to dobutamine stress echocardiography for diagnosis of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- The hemodynamic effects of dobutamine during reoxygenation after hypoxia: a dose-response study in newborn pigsZakariya Al-Salam
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Shock 28:317-25. 2007..A randomized controlled study was designed to examine the dose-response effect of dobutamine (5-20 microg x kg(-1) x min(-1)) on systemic and regional circulations and oxygen metabolism in a neonatal swine ..
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction provoked during dobutamine stress echocardiography predicts future chest pain, syncope, and near syncopeBuddhadeb Dawn
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, and the Jewish Hospital Heart and Lung Institute, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am Heart J 149:908-16. 2005Although dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) is associated with dynamic left ventricular (LV) obstruction, it is unknown whether such obstructive event, in general, and the specific site of obstruction, in particular, have unique ..
- [Dobutamine stress echocardiography; a monocentric experience on 600 consecutive patients. Effect of age]N Lamisse
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1455-61. 1997The increasing indications of dobutamine stress echo in the investigation of myocardial ischaemia, viability and evaluation of the prognosis of coronary artery disease has made this technique a tool of everyday clinical practice...
- Impact of beta-myosin heavy chain expression on cardiac function during stressMaike Krenz
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:2390-7. 2004..Therefore, using transgenic (TG) mice, we tested how a pre-existing shift from alpha- to beta-MHC affects cardiac function under chronic mechanical or pharmacologic cardiovascular stress...
- Incremental value of 2-dimensional speckle tracking strain imaging to wall motion analysis for detection of coronary artery disease in patients undergoing dobutamine stress echocardiographyArnold C T Ng
Department of Cardiology, Liverpool Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am Heart J 158:836-44. 2009Interpretation of dobutamine stress echocardiogram (DSE) is often subjective and requires expert training...
- Pressure-volume relationship during dobutamine stress echocardiography predicts exercise tolerance in patients with congestive heart failureQuirino Ciampi
Division of Cardiology, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Benevento, Italy
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:71-8. 2010..relationship (PVR) is a useful method for evaluating left ventricular (LV) myocardial contractility during dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE)...
- Dobutamine for patients with severe heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsCatherine L Tacon
Intensive Care Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Intensive Care Med 38:359-67. 2012b>Dobutamine is recommended for patients with severe heart failure; however uncertainty exists as to its effect on mortality...
- Levosimendan is superior to milrinone and dobutamine in selectively increasing microvascular gastric mucosal oxygenation in dogsLothar A Schwarte
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Germany
Crit Care Med 33:135-42; discussion 246-7. 2005..We compared systemic and regional effects of levosimendan with those of established inotropes, milrinone and dobutamine.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance myocardial feature tracking detects quantitative wall motion during dobutamine stressAndreas Schuster
King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre of Excellence, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:58. 2011b>Dobutamine stress cardiovascular magnetic resonance (DS-CMR) is an established tool to assess hibernating myocardium and ischemia. Analysis is typically based on visual assessment with considerable operator dependency...
- Evaluation of left anterior descending coronary artery stenosis of intermediate severity using transthoracic coronary flow reserve and dobutamine stress echocardiographyPatrick Meimoun
Compiègne Hospital, Compiegne, France
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1233-40. 2005..Assessment of coronary flow reserve (CFR) by Doppler transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) is a new tool and could allow rapid, noninvasive evaluation of stenosis severity in this setting...
- Quantitative analysis of function and perfusion during dobutamine stress in the detection of coronary stenoses: two-dimensional strain and contrast echocardiography investigationsPatricia Reant
INSERM U828, IFR4, Pessac, France
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:95-103. 2010The recent development of accurate methods to measure two-dimensional strain during dobutamine stress echocardiography has reactivated the debate as to the respective value of myocardial perfusion versus myocardial function assessment in ..
- A cell-based assay to screen stimulators of the Hippo pathway reveals the inhibitory effect of dobutamine on the YAP-dependent gene transcriptionYijun Bao
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Biochem 150:199-208. 2011..Using this method, we found that dobutamine inhibits the YAP-dependent gene transcription...
- Usefulness of low-dose dobutamine echocardiography to predict response and outcome in patients undergoing cardiac resynchronization therapyRobert K Altman
Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:252-7. 2011..The present study prospectively evaluated the effect of contractile reserve and dobutamine-induced changes in LV synchrony, in relation to the LV lead location, as predictors of the response to CRT...
- Left atrial passive emptying function during dobutamine stress MR imaging is a predictor of cardiac events in patients with suspected myocardial ischemiaAfshin Farzaneh-Far
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:378-88. 2011The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic value of assessing left atrial function during dobutamine stress testing.
- Target heart rate to determine the normal value of coronary flow reserve during dobutamine stress echocardiographyEzequiel H Forte
Investigaciones Médicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 9:10. 2011..There are several direct and indirect tests to evaluate this parameter. In this sense, dobutamine stress echocardiography is one of the pharmacological method most commonly used worldwide...
- Effect of tissue Doppler on the accuracy of novice and expert interpreters of dobutamine echocardiographyR Fathi
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Cardiol 88:400-5. 2001The subjective interpretation of dobutamine echocardiography (DBE) makes the accuracy of this technique dependent on the experience of the observer, and also poses problems of concordance between observers...
- Dobutamine enhances alveolar fluid clearance in a rat model of acute lung injuryXing Mao Wu
Intensive Care Unit, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Liaoning, China
Lung 187:225-31. 2009..The present study was designed to determine whether the administration of dobutamine decreases pulmonary edema and stimulates AFC in a rat model of lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury...
- Differences in need for hemodynamic support in horses anesthetized with sevoflurane as compared to isofluraneBernd Driessen
Department of Clinical Studies, New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, Section of Critical Care Anesthesia, University of Pennsylvania, PA 19348, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 33:356-67. 2006..To study whether hemodynamic function in horses, particularly mean arterial blood pressure (MAP), is better maintained with sevoflurane than isoflurane, thus requiring less pharmacological support...
- The effects of dobutamine on renal sympathetic activity in human heart failureAbdul Al-Hesayen
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, St Michael s Hospital, Canada
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:434-6. 2008..b>Dobutamine is commonly used in the treatment of decompensated heart failure...
- Right ventricular pressure and dilation during pressure overload determine dysfunction after pressure overloadC Greyson
Cardiology Section, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H1414-20. 2000..closing or opening the pericardium (to simulate volume expansion) and by administering or not administering dobutamine. The severity of RV free wall dysfunction 1 h after RV pressure overload was strongly and directly correlated ..
- Recombinant human matrix metalloproteinase-2 impairs cardiovascular β-adrenergic responsesKarina C Ferraz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 112:103-9. 2013..to anaesthetized lambs at baseline conditions and during β(1) -adrenergic cardiac stimulation with dobutamine. We used 26 anaesthetized male lambs in two study protocols. First, rhMMP-2 (220 ng/kg/min. over 60 min...
- Early detection of left ventricular dysfunction in patients with beta thalassaemia major by dobutamine stress echocardiographyL Hui
Heart 89:669-70. 2003
- Effects of dobutamine on cardiac index and arterial blood pressure in isoflurane-anaesthetized horses under clinical conditionsA de Vries
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 32:353-8. 2009Volatile agent-induced hypotension may contribute to anaesthetic-related morbidity and mortality in horses. Dobutamine is commonly used to support arterial blood pressure (ABP) but little is known about its cardiovascular effects under ..
- [Catecholamines use in patients with heart failure]Kenji Iino
The Internal Medicine Cardiology and Respiratory, Akita University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:30-3. 2007
- [Catecholamines--characteristics, mechanisms of action, pharmacokinetics, indications, contraindications, clinical trials, and side effects]Yutaka Kagaya
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:25-9. 2007
- Ephedrine, dopamine, or dobutamine to treat hypotension with propofol during epidural anesthesiaT Kasaba
Department of Anesthesiology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Can J Anaesth 47:237-41. 2000To compare the efficacy of ephedrine, dopamine and dobutamine for circulatory support during thoracic epidural anesthesia after anesthetic induction with propofol.
- Effects of dopamine, dobutamine, amrinone and milrinone on regional blood flow in isoflurane anesthetized dogsDenji Tobata
Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 66:1097-105. 2004The effects of cyclic AMP increasing cardiotonics (dopamine, dobutamine, amrinone and milrinone) on the blood flow in most organs were compared using colored microsphere technique in isoflurane-anesthetized dogs...
- Gender-specific differences in myocardial deformation and aortic stiffness at rest and dobutamine stressValentina O Puntmann
Department of Cardiology and Internal Medicine, German Heart Institute Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Hypertension 59:712-8. 2012..years) were assessed for aortic stiffness by pulse wave velocity and ventricular deformation at rest and during dobutamine stress using magnetic resonance...
- Cardiac remodeling and contractile function in acid alpha-glucosidase knockout miceJ H Kamphoven
Department of Clinical Genetics, Experimental Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Genomics 5:171-9. 2001..4,440 +/- 440 mmHg/s) and during dobutamine infusion (6,220 +/- 800 vs. 8,730 +/- 790 mmHg/s, both P < 0.05)...
- Catecholamines, parasympathetic stimuli, or cortisol for overwhelming sepsis?A B Johan Groeneveld
Crit Care Med 34:1549-50. 2006
- Effects of dopexamine, dobutamine or dopamine on prolactin and thyreotropin serum concentrations in high-risk surgical patientsThomas Schilling
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 30:1127-33. 2004..The objective was to compare endocrine effects of equipotent inotropic doses of dopexamine, dobutamine and dopamine on prolactin and thyreotropin release perioperatively.
- Longitudinal Doppler strain measurement for assessment of damaged and/or hibernating myocardium by dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with old myocardial infarctionHiroyuki Fujimoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5, Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
J Cardiol 55:309-16. 2010..We hypothesized that measuring the postsystolic index (PSI) and the L/TS ratio during dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) could quantitatively identify viable myocardium with the potential for regional ..
- Patients after atrial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries can not increase stroke volume under dobutamine stress as opposed to patients with congenitally corrected transpositionSohrab Fratz
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Disease, Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Klinik an der Technischen Universität München, Lazarettstrasse 36, 80636 Munich, Germany
Circ J 72:1130-5. 2008..Therefore the aim of this study was to test the impact of atrial baffles by comparing 12 atrial switch patients with 11 ccTGA patients...
- Placebo or trimetazidine (99m)Tc tetrofosmin myocardial SPECT and low-dose dobutamine echocardiography in hibernating myocardiumMauro Feola
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Medicine Service, Ospedale Santa Croce e Carle Cuneo, Cuneo, Italy
Arch Med Res 37:117-22. 2006..This study compared TMZ (99m)Tc tetrofosmin SPECT and low-dose dobutamine echocardiography (LDDE) as predictors of functional recovery of hibernating myocardium after coronary ..
- Behavioral effects of beta adrenergic agonists and antidepressant drugs after down-regulation of beta-2 adrenergic receptors by clenbuterolJ M O'Donnell
Life Sciences Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 254:147-57. 1990..By contrast, the effects of the beta-1 selective agonists dobutamine and prenalterol and the antidepressants desipramine, phenelzine and fluoxetine on DRL behavior were unaltered ..
- Arterial baroreflex control of the sinus node during dobutamine exercise stress testingP van de Borne
Hypertension Clinic, Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Hypertension 33:987-91. 1999..We used a dobutamine infusion to induce hemodynamic changes comparable to those of moderate physical exercise in the absence of ..
- Activation of β-adrenoceptors by dobutamine may induce a higher expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors δ (PPARδ) in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesMing Ting Chou
Department of Cardiology and Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Yong Kang, Tainan 73101, Taiwan
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:248320. 2012..Because dobutamine is an agent widely used to treat heart failure in emergency setting, this study is aimed to investigate the ..
- Tissue velocity imaging with dobutamine stress echocardiography--a quantitative technique for identification of coronary artery disease in patients with left bundle branch blockHala Mahfouz Badran
Cardiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufiya University, Shebin Elkom, and Cardiology Department, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:820-31. 2007..Patients with left bundle branch block (LBBB) exhibit abnormal septal motion that may limit the interpretation of stress echocardiograms and persuade the results of myocardial scintigraphy...
- Assessment of the functional status of heart failure in non ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy: an echo-dobutamine studyI A Paraskevaidis
2nd Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
Cardiovasc Res 43:58-66. 1999..b>Dobutamine echocardiography can be used to evaluate myocardial reserve...
- Alteration of left ventricular function with dobutamine challenge in patients with myocardial bridgeJoon Hyung Jhi
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Maryknoll Medical Center, Busan, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 26:410-20. 2011..The aim of this study was to identify changes in left ventricular (LV) performance in patients with a myocardial bridge (MB) in the left anterior descending coronary artery during resting and in an inotropic state...
- Comparison of terbutaline and dobutamine in rats with endotoxemiaJeng Yuan Wu
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Taichung Army General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Chin J Physiol 45:155-62. 2002..Terbutaline (an agonist of beta2-adrenoceptor) and dobutamine (an agonist of beta1-adrenoceptor), both are able to increase intracellular cAMP via activation of adenylate ..
- Usefulness of dobutamine stress echocardiography with Tissue Doppler imaging for the evaluation and follow-up of patients with repaired tetralogy of FallotStella Brili
First Department of Cardiology, Athens Medical School, Hippokratio Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1093-8. 2008..b>Dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) in low doses detects the contractility reserve of cardiac myocytes...
- Safety and predictors of complications with a new accelerated dobutamine stress echocardiography protocolJose Alberto San Roman
Institute of Heart Sciences ICICOR, Clinic University Hospital of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:53-7. 2008This study sought to document the safety of a new accelerated dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography protocol and to analyze its complications.
- Noradrenaline for management of septic shock refractory to fluid loading and dopamine or dobutamine in full-term newborn infantsPierre Tourneux
Clinique de Médecine Néonatale, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, France
Acta Paediatr 97:177-80. 2008..To determine the effects of noradrenaline in full-term newborns with refractory septic shock...
- Influence of wall stress and left ventricular geometry on the accuracy of dobutamine stress echocardiographySatoshi Yuda
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1311-9. 2002The goal of this study was to determine whether wall stress at rest and during stress could explain the influence of left ventricular (LV) morphology on the accuracy of dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE).
- The haemodynamic effects of propranolol and atenolol medication on dobutamine infusion in patients with coronary artery obstructive diseaseY J Oh
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Yonsei University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Int Med Res 33:329-36. 2005We compared the haemodynamic effects of beta-blockers on dobutamine infusion in 60 patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery...
- Postoperative sublingual microcirculatory derangement following esophagectomy is prevented with dobutamineMichel van Genderen
Department of Intensive Care, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 48:275-83. 2011..Similar observations in severely septic patients could be treated with dobutamine, independent of cardiac output...
- Treatment of impaired perfusion in septic shockEsko Ruokonen
Department of Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, PO Box 1777, FI 70210 KUOPIO, Finland
Ann Med 34:590-7. 2002..low vascular resistance is norepinephrine, while insufficient myocardial contractility is commonly treated with dobutamine. The use of norepinephrine seems to be associated with better prognosis as compared to results from the use of ..
- Identification of hibernating myocardium with quantitative intravenous myocardial contrast echocardiography: comparison with dobutamine echocardiography and thallium-201 scintigraphySarah Shimoni
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 107:538-44. 2003..no data on the accuracy of intravenous myocardial contrast echocardiography (MCE) in detecting myocardial hibernation in man and its comparative accuracy to dobutamine echocardiography (DE) or thallium 201 (Tl(201)) scintigraphy.
- Role of norepinephrine in development of short-term myocardial hibernationZuo lin Fu
The Institute of Cardiology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:158-64. 2006..To investigate the role of norepinephrine in the development of short-term myocardial hibernation...
- Dobutamine does not influence inflammatory pathways during human endotoxemiaLucienne C Lemaire
Department of Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care Med 34:1365-71. 2006Catecholamines have anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant properties. Dobutamine is a synthetic catecholamine frequently used in patients with septic myocardial dysfunction...
- Prognostic value of combined assessment of regional left ventricular function and myocardial perfusion by dobutamine and rest gated SPECT in patients with uncomplicated acute myocardial infarctionLetizia Spinelli
Institute of Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:1023-9. 2003..The aim of this study was to address the prognostic value of gated SPECT performed during dobutamine stress testing and during rest on patients with acute myocardial infarction treated with thrombolysis.
- The feasibility of ultrasonic regional strain and strain rate imaging in quantifying dobutamine stress echocardiographyM Kowalski
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Department of Cardiology, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Echocardiogr 4:81-91. 2003..In theory, these deformation indices could be used to quantify normal or abnormal regional function during a dobutamine stress echo test.
- Myocardial metabolism of 123I-BMIPP under low-dose dobutamine infusion: implications for clinical SPECT imaging of ischemic heart diseaseRyohei Hosokawa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, and Nuclear Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:75-83. 2005..Low-dose dobutamine infusion has been reported to improve BMIPP uptake in the stunned myocardium, but the mechanism underlying this ..
- The correlation between expression of apoptosis-related proteins and myocardial functional reserve evaluated by dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with dilated cardiomyopathyYi Lwun Ho
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:931-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess this issue through the use of dobutamine stress echocardiography...
- Chronic phospholamban inhibition prevents progressive cardiac dysfunction and pathological remodeling after infarction in ratsYoshitaka Iwanaga
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0613B, USA
J Clin Invest 113:727-36. 2004..Thus, PLN inhibition by in vivo rAAV gene transfer is an effective strategy for the chronic treatment of an acquired form of established heart failure...
- Surgical Revascularization's Impact on Mitochondria in Hibernating MyocardiumROSEMARY FRANCES KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..evaluate whether surgical revascularization normalizes regional blood flow at rest and with increased work load (dobutamine stress) by measuring blood flow (microsphere analysis) and cardiac function (2D ECHO, MDCT)...
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2012..The impact of microrevascularization on ischemic myocardial contractility will be determined with dobutamine stress echocardiography and myocardial tissue properties will be studied utilizing atomic force microscopy and ..
- Reduced contractile reserve: a therapeutic target in heart failure with normal EFNancy K Sweitzer; Fiscal Year: 2012..HFpEF by investigating the change in ejection fraction before and after 2-adrenergic stimulation with low-dose dobutamine in HFpEF compared to other groups important to distinguish clinically, specifically patients with shortness of ..
- Molecular Imaging of Ischemic Memory with Ultrasound - Transition to HumansJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..ischemia in patients referred for non-invasive evaluation for coronary artery disease with stress or dobutamine echocardiography...
- Cardiac Imaging of Thoracic Fat and Aortic Stiffness in Older High Risk PatientsTina E Brinkley; Fiscal Year: 2013..study to the Vascular Stiffness and Pulmonary Edema Study, a prospective study examining the association between dobutamine stress-induced changes in aortic stiffness and flash pulmonary edema warranting hospital admission in older high ..
- Acute and Chronic Regulation of 20S Proteasome Function by cAMP-Dependent KinaseSARAH SCRUGGS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cardiomyocytes will be treated with dobutamine and kinetics of 20S phosphorylation, subunit association, and PKA translocation to the 20S complex will be ..
- 3D Myocardial Strain Vectors in Ischemic Heart DiseaseBrian P Cupps; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research Design and Methods. We will use MRI-based multiparametric strain analysis dobutamine provocation to study patients with akinetic LV regions that are served by atherosclerotic coronary arteries upon ..
- Mid Atlantic Heart Failure NetworkKENNETH BER MARGULIES; Fiscal Year: 2013..recurrent hospitalization and several secondary endpoints including myocardial contractile reserve assessed via dobutamine stress echocardiography, 6-minute walk distance, quality of life...
- Washington D.C. Collaborative PPRUJohn van den Anker; Fiscal Year: 2009..models for optimizing the treatment of neonatal pain (morphine), and the use of off-patent drugs (dopamine and dobutamine)...
- Model-Based Design of Wall Motion Measures for 4-Dimensional Cardiac ImagingJeffrey W Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2012..cardiologists;(2) to test the hypothesis that reduced three-dimensional fractional shortening (3DFS) during dobutamine stress detects and localizes regions of angiographically confirmed coronary artery disease with better accuracy ..
- QUANTITATIVE ULTRASONIC IMAGING FOR MYOCARDIAL VIABILITYJulio Perez; Fiscal Year: 1999..conventional echocardiography, ultrasonic integrated backscatter imaging, frequency dependence of backscatter, dobutamine stress echocardiography and myocardial contrast echocardiography...
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy will each be evaluated by dobutamine thallium perfusion studies, adenosine sestaMIBI studies, contrast echocardiography, and endocardial catheter ..
- Central betal adrenergic receptors and behaviorHan Ting Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..the non-selective beta adrenergic receptor agonist isoproterenol, selective beta-1and beta-2 adrenergic agonists dobutamine and clenbuterol, respectively, and the antidepressants desipramine and fluoxetine on forced-swim behavior in the ..
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2004..Patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy will each be evaluated by dobutamine thallium perfusion studies, adenosine sestaMIBI studies, contrast echocardiography, and endocardial catheter ..
- DETERMINANTS OF VASODILATOR RESPONSE IN HEART FAILUREMilton Packer; Fiscal Year: 1992..binding proteins) and correlated with the responsiveness of patients of cyclic A MP-dependent inotropic drugs (dobutamine, glucagon and amrinone)...
- Imaging and Laser Revascularization in HibernationLynne Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perfusion imaging and dobutamine echocardiography are being used clinically to identify dysfunctional viable myocardium and assess results of ..
- Diaphragm Fatigue Prevention in EmphysemaNANCY SMITH BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2006..exercise conditioning and pharmacological improvement of diaphragm muscle function with intravenous infusions of dobutamine (DOB) are effective in abating the development of DF in EMP...
- Development of Poloxamer-188 for the Treatment of Muscular Dystrophy Associated HBRUCE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2009..from contraction-induced damage as dramatically evidenced by significantly improved survival of mice during a dobutamine challenge...
- BEDSIDE SYSTEM FOR COMBINED RNA AND PACIN HEART FAILUREJeffrey Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2001..evaluation of such patients, including quantitative examination of the effects of interventions, such as dobutamine and IV diuretics, as well as assessments of response to therapeutic dose levels...
- VASOACTIVE DRUGS AND NEONATAL CEREBROVASCULAR REACTIVITYDANILYN ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2004..basic science strategies to examine the effects of vasoactive pharmaceuticals such as indomethacin, dopamine and dobutamine on neonatal cerebrovascular reactivity...
- DECIPHER STICHJULIO PANZA; Fiscal Year: 2006The Dobutamine Echocardiography in Patients with Ischemic Heart failure Evaluated for Revascularization Study, as part of the Surgical Treatment for Ischemic Heart Failure Trial (DECIPHER-STICH), is designed to address the hypothesis that ..
- ELGAVIST, AN MRI CONTRAST AGENT FOR DIAGNOSIS OF IHDPAL SURANYI; Fiscal Year: 2000..efficacy in the in vivo dog model of acute myocardial ischemia followed by reperfusion, with and without dobutamine-induced pharmacologic stress...
- CARDIAC ENERGY METABOLISM IN HEART FAILUREWilliam Stanley; Fiscal Year: 2003..heart in vivo in healthy and heart failure dogs under normal conditions and when cardiac work is increased with dobutamine. 2) Determine if cardiac mitochondria from dogs with heart failure have accelerated rates of fatty acid ..
- DECIPHER STICHJULIO PANZA; Fiscal Year: 2003The Dobutamine Echocardiography in Patients with Ischemic Heart failure Evaluated for Revascularization Study, as part of the Surgical Treatment for Ischemic Heart Failure Trial (DECIPHER-STICH), is designed to address the hypothesis that ..
- A NEW METHOD FOR ANALYSIS OF CORONARY ARTERY BEHAVIORThomas Williams; Fiscal Year: 1980..g., epinephrine, nitroprusside, isoprotereral, dobutamine). The above studies will be repeated in the chronically collateralized coronary bed...
- PERFUSION AND METABOLISM IN COLLATERALIZED MYOCARDIUMROBERT BACHE; Fiscal Year: 2001..the ATP and PCr content in the collateral-dependent region during basal conditions, and examine the response to dobutamine. If contractile function fails to improve or deteriorates during a dobutamine, 31 P NMR spectroscopy will ..
- Beta-receptors and cardiovascular pharmacogenomicsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..research studies that will be conducted as part of this research career award include a study of dobutamine pharmacogenetics, and associations between the PAR genes and obesity or coronary microvascular dysfunction...
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..performed to obtain quantitative data about global and regional wall motion and blood flow at rest and stress (dobutamine and adenosine)...
- PREDICTION OF MYOCARDIAL RECOVERABILITY WITH 3D MRIThoralf Sundt; Fiscal Year: 2002..we believe most accurately reflect systolic function at the cellular level, by characterizing the response to dobutamine on a regional basis before and after surgical revascularization...
- LEFT VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN AORTIC INSUFFICIENCYMichael Pasque; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although resting systolic strain was normal before surgery, the strain response to dobutamine was blunted - and neither was normal postoperatively - despite the fact that they were referred for surgery ..
- LEFT VENTRICULAR TIME-VARYING ELASTANCEWilliam Little; Fiscal Year: 1990..LV pressure and volume will be varied by caval occlusions. Inotropic state will be altered by dobutamine infusion, while loading conditions will be varied by infusion of methoxamine and dextran and by transient ..
- 4-DIMENSIONAL LV TISSUE TRACKING IN CAD FROM TAGGED MRIAMIR AMINI; Fiscal Year: 2002..of segmental function scores from 3D + t (short-axis and long-axis) tagged MRI at rest and under pharmacologic (dobutamine) stress in normal controls...
- SIMULTANEOUS MRI DETECTION OF CARDIAC PERFUSION/FUNCTIONGABRIEL ELGAVISH; Fiscal Year: 2003..wall abnormality delineation be obtained in a relevant model of acute myocardial ischemia with stress created by dobutamine-enhanced demand for myocardial perfusion in conjunction with the creation of critical stenosis or with stress ..
- MECHANICS OF DIASTOLIC SUCTIONMartin LeWinter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Preliminary data indicate that 1) both systemic and intra-coronary (left anterior descending artery) dobutamine increase RFs and suction flow; 2) anterior wall transmural deformation patterns are especially important as a ..
- CONTRACTILITY OF FAILING AND RECOVERING HUMAN MYOCYTESSteven Houser; Fiscal Year: 2006..the changes in cardiac performance caused by increases in heart rate (pacing stress) and adrenergic agonists (dobutamine stress)...
- Analysis Software to Characterize Myocardial MechanicsRICARDO ACTIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..minimum principal strain and minimum principal strain vector determination at baseline and during low dose Dobutamine (viability) and high dose Dobutamine (ischemia/myocardial infartation) infusion...
- DYNAMIC 3D TAGGED MRI OF THE CARDIAC CYCLE IN ISCHEMIAElias Zerhouni; Fiscal Year: 1999..territory using graded levels of pharmacologic stress and repeated 3D measures of strain? Using graded Dobutamine challenges we will establish quantitatively (and, to our knowledge, for the first time) the exact correlation ..
- VALIDATION OF A NOVEL SARCOMERIC HIGH THROUGHPUT ASSAYFady Malik; Fiscal Year: 2001..The sales of non-generic dobutamine (Eli Lilly), used for acute heart failure, amounted to $86 million in 1998 (Paine Webber)...
- IS PROGRESSIVE FIBROSIS FATE OF HIBERNATING MYOCARDIUM?Chunguang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Daily dobutamine infusions will be used to try to exacerbate the progression of cell death and fibrosis...
- Strain-Encoded MR For Direct Imaging of Cardiac FunctionNael Osman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The system will run continuously during a dobutamine stress test, providing real-time monitoring of changes in regional function, and automatically detect ischemic ..
- NO AND OXIDATIVE STRESS IN HUMAN MYOCARDIAL FAILUREMichael Givertz; Fiscal Year: 2003..in contractile state by measuring LV end-systolic elastance during atrial pacing tachycardia and intracoronary dobutamine infusion in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Analysis Software to Characterize Myocardial MechanicsRICARDO ACTIS; Fiscal Year: 2001..principal strain and minimum principal strain vector determination at baseline (viability) and during low dose Dobutamine (viability) and high dose Dobutamine (ischemia) infusion...
- 9.4 Tesla MR Scanner for Murine ImagingSTUART BERR; Fiscal Year: 2005..evaluation of myocardial function at rest, but would also enable the evaluation of contractile reserve during dobutamine infusion...
- Comprehensive MR Imaging of Elderly Vascular FunctionWILLIAM HUNDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI Detection of Doxorubicin Induced CardiotoxicityWILLIAM HUNDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, further animal studies will be designed to identify treatment strategies for Doxorubicin induced cardiotoxicity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mitochondrial Protection Within Chronically Ischemic MyocardiumEdward O McFalls; Fiscal Year: 2010..in AIM #3, we will test the relationship between in vivo transmural energy and function during high dose dobutamine and ex vivo expression of UCP-2...
- Comprehensive Magnetic Resonance in PADChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving the health outcomes and quality of life in patients with PAD is a major goal of this proposal. ..
- REGIONAL BETA ADRENERGIC DURING LV REMODELINGChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Effects of beta-blockade on regional cell morphometry, collagen content, and blood flow will be assessed using isolated myocytes, quantitative histopathology, and fluorescent microspheres, respectively. ..
- MODULATING ENERGETIC EFFICIENCY OF THE INOTROPIC STATEGuy Macgowan; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this submission, a program of didactic training, mentorship, and research development is proposed, structured to develop the candidate's research training to eventual full independent status. ..
- Zebrafish TPSTs and Tyrosine-sulfated ProteinsMing Cheh Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Venoarterial ECMO and neonatal cerebrovascular injuryBillie Short; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will also improve our understanding of the underlying mechanisms of ECMO-induced injury of cerebral arterial endothelium, and impairment in CBF autoregulation. ..
- PROGESTOGENS VS PHYTOESTROGENS-- AN ADJUNCT TO ERTJames Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Decision Making in End-Stage Heart FailurePaul Hauptman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dystrophic Cardiomyopathies in mdxDeWayne Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Expert Visual Guidance of Ultrasound for TelemedicineFlorence Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4 is to make the guidance easily applicable to different organs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- Multi-Modality Patient-Specific Evaluation of IschemiaRandolph Setser; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this proposal could enhance visualization of the effects of coronary artery disease in individual patients, thus enabling optimized revascularization planning tailored to the individual's anatomy. ..
- STICH Trial Radionuclide Core LaboratoryRobert Bonow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL PROGENITOR CELLS FOR ENGINEERING VESSELSJames Williams; Fiscal Year: 2008..As such, these studies are an exciting and unique direction of research for Dr. Williams in collaboration with his colleagues at WFIRM. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MYOCARDIAL ENERGY METABOLISM IN THE DYSFUNCTIONAL LVJianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..contributes to the transition between stable remodeling and CHF and, iii. Whether a metabolic intervention can attenuate the remodeling response and the transition from stable remodeling to CHF. ..