Genomes and Genes
Summary: A beta-hydroxylated derivative of phenylalanine. The D-form of dihydroxyphenylalanine has less physiologic activity than the L-form and is commonly used experimentally to determine whether the pharmacological effects of LEVODOPA are stereospecific.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Accuracy of [18F]fluorodopa positron emission tomography for diagnosing and localizing focal congenital hyperinsulinismOlga T Hardy
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4706-11. 2007..This study evaluated the accuracy of 18F-fluoro-l-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([18F]DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) scans in diagnosing focal vs...
- Correlation of the genotype of paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas with their metabolic phenotype on 3,4-dihydroxy-6-18F-fluoro-L-phenylalanin PETH Christian Rischke
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Nucl Med 53:1352-8. 2012..Furthermore, we assessed whether the genotypes of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas correlate with the uptake of (18)F-DOPA...
- Added value of early 18F-FDOPA PET/CT acquisition time in medullary thyroid cancerMichael Soussan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tenon Hospital, AP HP, University Paris 6, Paris, France
Nucl Med Commun 33:775-9. 2012..The only false-positive case, a reactive lymph node, was visible only on the delayed acquisition. Early acquisition appeared to be more appropriate in the detection of MTC lesions compared with acquisition at 60 min or later...
- Presynaptic dopaminergic dysfunction in schizophrenia: a positron emission tomographic [18F]fluorodopa studyStephen McGowan
Cyclotron Unit, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College, London, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:134-42. 2004..The dopamine overactivity hypothesis of schizophrenia remains one of the most influential theories of the pathophysiology of the illness. Radiotracer brain imaging studies are now directly testing aspects of the overactivity hypothesis...
- Characterization of hyperinsulinism in infancy assessed with PET and 18F-fluoro-L-DOPAMaria Joao Ribeiro
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Departement de Recherche Medicale, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Orsay, France
J Nucl Med 46:560-6. 2005..Therefore, the aim of this study was (a) to evaluate the use of PET with 18F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (18F-fluoro-L-DOPA) and (b) to distinguish between focal and diffuse HI.
- Comparison of 18F-DOPA, 18F-FDG and 68Ga-somatostatin analogue PET/CT in patients with recurrent medullary thyroid carcinomaGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Policlinico A Gemelli, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:569-80. 2012..To retrospectively evaluate and compare (18)F-FDG, (18)F-DOPA and (68)Ga-somatostatin analogues for PET/CT in patients with residual/recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) suspected on the basis of elevated serum calcitonin levels...
- The predictive value of preoperative fluorine-18-L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography-computed tomography scans in children with congenital hyperinsulinism of infancyAugusto Zani
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 46:204-8. 2011In congenital hyperinsulinism (CHI) of infancy, the use of preoperative fluorine-18-L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-positron emission tomography-computed tomography ((18)F-DOPA-PET-CT) scan has recently been reported...
- The value of 18F-DOPA PET-CT in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma: comparison with 18F-FDG PET-CTMohsen Beheshti
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology, PET CT Center LINZ, St Vincent s Hospital, Seilerstaette 4, 4020, Linz, Austria
Eur Radiol 19:1425-34. 2009....
- Comparison between 68Ga-DOTA-NOC and 18F-DOPA PET for the detection of gastro-entero-pancreatic and lung neuro-endocrine tumoursValentina Ambrosini
Unità Operativa di Medicina Nucleare, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Padiglione 30, Via Massarenti 9, 40138, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1431-8. 2008..At present, there are no comparative studies investigating their role in NET...
- The effects of carbidopa on uptake of 6-18F-Fluoro-L-DOPA in PET of pheochromocytoma and extraadrenal abdominal paragangliomaHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1599-606. 20076-(18)F-fluoro-l-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine ((18)F-DOPA) PET is a useful tool for the detection of certain neuroendocrine tumors, especially with the preadministration of carbidopa, an inhibitor of DOPA decarboxylase...
- The surgical management of congenital hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia in infancyC Nihoul Fékété
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Pediatr Surg 39:267-9. 2004..It is therefore mandatory to distinguish the 2 forms of CHI, and the surgeon has to fullfill his role in the multidisciplinary team that deals with CHI...
- Carcinoid crisis after injection of 6-18F-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine in a patient with metastatic carcinoidKlaas P Koopmans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Center, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 46:1240-3. 2005..Octreotide can be used for treatment and should be available. Tracer injection should be slow...
- Congenital hyperinsulinism: pancreatic [18F]fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) positron emission tomography and immunohistochemistry study of DOPA decarboxylase and insulin secretionPascale de Lonlay
Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:933-40. 2006..Preoperative differential diagnosis was based on pancreatic venous sampling, a technically demanding technique...
- Visualization of the gall bladder on F-18 FDOPA PET imaging: a potential pitfallKottekkattu K Balan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Clin Nucl Med 30:23-4. 2005
- Improved staging of patients with carcinoid and islet cell tumors with 18F-dihydroxy-phenyl-alanine and 11C-5-hydroxy-tryptophan positron emission tomographyKlaas P Koopmans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 26:1489-95. 2008..To evaluate and compare diagnostic sensitivity of positron emission tomography (PET) scanning in carcinoid and islet cell tumor patients with a serotonin and a catecholamine precursor as tracers...
- 18F-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET in patients with biochemical evidence of medullary thyroid cancer: relation to tumor differentiationKlaas P Koopmans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 49:524-31. 2008..Therefore, the value of 18F-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET (18F-DOPA PET), 18F-FDG PET, (99m)Tc-V-di-mercaptosulfuricacid (DMSA-V) scintigraphy, and MRI or CT ..
- The test-retest reliability of 18F-DOPA PET in assessing striatal and extrastriatal presynaptic dopaminergic functionAlice Egerton
Psychiatric Imaging, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Neuroimage 50:524-31. 2010..This information can be used to optimize the experimental design of future studies investigating changes in brain dopaminergic function with 18F-DOPA...
- Utility of MLPA in deletion analysis of GCH1 in dopa-responsive dystoniaDaniela Steinberger
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Neurogenetics 8:51-5. 2007..The findings were confirmed by quantitative real-time PCR. Our investigations demonstrate the utility of MLPA for routine deletion analysis of GCH1 in DRD patients with no sequence changes in this gene...
- High frequency of multiexonic deletion of the GCH1 gene in a Taiwanese cohort of dopa-response dystoniaYah Huei Wu-Chou
Human Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Medical Research, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:903-8. 2010..By dosage analysis, we were able to detect a mutation in all patients. Our study demonstrates that dosage analysis is necessary for molecular diagnostics in DRD patients of Han Chinese ethnicity...
- Value of 18F-fluoro-L-dopa PET in the preoperative localization of focal lesions in congenital hyperinsulinismCarmen Capito
Departments of Pediatric Surgery, Radiology, Pathology, and Pediatrics, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, AP HP, 75015 Paris, France
Radiology 253:216-22. 2009....
- Detection rate of recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma using fluorine-18 dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography: a meta-analysisGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Acad Radiol 19:1290-9. 2012..of this study was to perform a meta-analysis of published data about the diagnostic performance of (18)F-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) or PET/computed tomography (CT) in detecting recurrent medullary ..
- Diagnostic performance of 18F-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography in patients with paraganglioma: a meta-analysisGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:1144-53. 2012..The aim of this study was to systematically review and conduct a meta-analysis of published data about the diagnostic performance of (18)F-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) in patients with paraganglioma (PG).
- 18F-DOPA PET/CT biodistribution consideration in 107 consecutive patients with neuroendocrine tumoursSotirios Chondrogiannis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, PET CT Center, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital Rovigo, Rovigo, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 33:179-84. 2012L-6-fluoro 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (18F-DOPA), an amino acid-based radiopharmaceutical, is increasingly being used in the detection and management of neuroendocrine tumours...
- Comparison of (68)Ga-DOTA-Tyr(3)-octreotide and (18)F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography in neuroendocrine tumor patientsD Putzer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 54:68-75. 201068)Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide positron emission tomography ((68)Ga-DOTA-TOC PET) and (18)F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET ((18)F-DOPA PET) are emerging modalities for imaging of neuroendocrine tumors...
- Utility of various functional and anatomic imaging modalities for detection of ectopic adrenocorticotropin-secreting tumorsMarina S Zemskova
Building 10, CRC, 1 East, Room 1 3140, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1109, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1207-19. 2010..Because ectopic ACTH-secreting (EAS) tumors are often occult, improved imaging is needed...
- Dopa-responsive dystoniaMasaya Segawa
Segawa Neurological Clinic for Children, Tokyo, Japan
Handb Clin Neurol 100:539-57. 2011..In recessive disorders, hypofunction of serotonin and noradrenaline induces hypofunction of the dopamine in the perikaryon and shows cortical dysfunction...
- Value of combined 6-[18F]fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine PET/CT for imaging of neuroendocrine tumoursM Schiesser
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Surg 97:691-7. 2010..This study assessed prospectively the diagnostic value and impact of combined 6-[18F]fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography-computed tomography (18F-DOPA-PET/CT) in the management of NET...
- Impact of fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine-18F positron emission tomography on management of adult patients with documented or occult digestive endocrine tumorsFrancoise Montravers
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tenon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1295-301. 2009..This study was conducted to evaluate the impact of FDOPA-PET on the management of patients referred for carcinoid or noncarcinoid digestive tumors and the clinical relevance of the treatment decisions based on this examination...
- 6-[F-18]fluoro-L-DOPA positron emission tomography in the imaging of Merkel cell carcinoma: preliminary report of three cases with 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography or pentetreotide-(111In) SPECT dataJean Noel Talbot
Médecine nucléaire et Centre TEP AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Mol Imaging Biol 7:257-61. 2005..As 6-[F-18]fluoro-L-DOPA (FDOPA) is taken up by other neuroendocrine tumors, we speculated that FDOPA-PET could image MCC...
- Dual PET/CT with (18)F-DOPA and (18)F-FDG in metastatic medullary thyroid carcinoma and rapidly increasing calcitonin levels: Comparison with conventional imagingM C Marzola
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical Physics, Radiology, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Viale Tre Martiri 140, 45100, Rovigo, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:414-21. 2010..To evaluate the role of a multi-imaging PET with (18)F-DOPA and (18)F-FDG in comparison with conventional imaging (CI) in recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC)...
- Pheochromocytomas: detection with 18F DOPA whole body PET--initial resultsStefan Hoegerle
Divisions of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Radiology 222:507-12. 2002To evaluate fluorine 18 ((18)F) dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) whole-body positron emission tomography (PET) as a biochemical imaging approach for detection of pheochromocytomas.
- Positron emission tomography with [(18)F]FDOPA and [(18)F]FDG in the imaging of small cell lung carcinoma: preliminary resultsThierry Jacob
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tenon Hospital and APHP PET Center, 75020 Paris, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:1266-9. 2003Small cell lung carcinomas (SCLC) express neuroendocrine markers, and dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) is known to accumulate in neuroendocrine tumours...
- Whole-body 18F dopa PET for detection of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumorsS Hoegerle
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Albert-Ludwigs University, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Radiology 220:373-80. 2001..CONCLUSION: 18F dopa PET is a promising procedure and useful supplement to morphologic methods in diagnostic imaging of gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors...
- The added value of [18F]fluoro-L-DOPA PET in the diagnosis of hyperinsulinism of infancy: a retrospective study involving 49 childrenMaria Joao Ribeiro
Biomedical Imaging Institute, Life Sciences Division, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Frédéric Joliot Hospital, 4 Place du General Leclerc, Orsay, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:2120-8. 2007..Here, we report the diagnostic value of PET with [(18)F]fluoro-L-DOPA in distinguishing focal from diffuse HI...
- 18F-FDOPA kinetics in brain tumorsChristiaan Schiepers
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1651-61. 2007..Evaluation of tumor recurrence in neurooncology is another application. Here, the kinetics of (18)F-FDOPA in brain tumors were investigated...
- 6-L-18F-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine PET in neuroendocrine tumors: basic aspects and emerging clinical applicationsPieter L Jager
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hamilton Health Sciences McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Nucl Med 49:573-86. 2008..In the remaining conditions, the initial experience with 18F-DOPA PET indicates that it seems to be less valuable, but further study is required...
- Comparison of 18F-fluoro-L-DOPA, 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose, and 18F-fluorodopamine PET and 123I-MIBG scintigraphy in the localization of pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4757-67. 2009..positron emission tomography (PET) agents are available for the localization of paraganglioma (PGL), including (18)F-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA), (18)F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ((18)F-FDG), and (18)F-fluorodopamine ((18)F-FDA).
- Fluorine-18-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (18F-DOPA) positron emission tomography as a tool to localize an insulinoma or beta-cell hyperplasia in adult patientsSaila Kauhanen
Turku PET Centre, Department of Surgery, Turku University Hospital, P O Box 52, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1237-44. 2007Fluorine-18-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (18F-DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) is a promising method in localizing neuroendocrine tumors...
- Imaging of advanced neuroendocrine tumors with (18)F-FDOPA PETAlexander Becherer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Vienna, Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Nucl Med 45:1161-7. 2004..Based on the ability of NETs to store biogenic amines, this study evaluated whether 6-(18)F-fluoro-L-DOPA ((18)F-FDOPA) is a suitable PET tracer for NETs...
- Clinical value of 18F-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography/computed tomography (18F-DOPA PET/CT) for detecting pheochromocytomaMarkus Luster
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:484-93. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether combined (18)F-DOPA PET/CT more accurately detects and localizes PHEO lesions than does each modality alone...
- The role of 18F-FDOPA and 18F-FDG-PET in the management of malignant and multifocal phaeochromocytomasD Taieb
Service Central de Biophysique et de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de la Timone, Marseille Cedex 5, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:580-6. 2008..18)F-DOPA has emerged as a promising tool in the localization of chromaffin-tissue-derived tumours. Interestingly, phaeochromocytomas (PHEO) are also FDG avid...
- 18F-DOPA positron emission tomography for tumour detection in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma and elevated calcitonin levelsS Hoegerle
Department of Radiology, Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med 28:64-71. 2001..In the present study, the new procedure of fluorine-18 dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography (18F-DOPA PET) was compared with the established functional and morphological ..
- 6-18F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography is superior to 123I-metaiodobenzyl-guanidine scintigraphy in the detection of extraadrenal and hereditary pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas: correlation with vesicular monoamine transpoC Fottner
I Medical Clinic, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2800-10. 2010..Pheochromocytomas (PHEOs) and paragangliomas (PGLs) may be better detected by (18)F-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine-positron emission tomography (FDOPA-PET) than (123)I-metaiodobenzyl-guanidine (123-I-MIBG) scintigraphy...
- 6-[F-18]Fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography is superior to conventional imaging with (123)I-metaiodobenzylguanidine scintigraphy, computer tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging in localizing tumors causing catecholamine excesHelle Brit Fiebrich
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3922-30. 2009..Catecholamine excess is rare, but symptoms may be life threatening...
- 18F-FDOPA PET and PET/CT accurately localize pheochromocytomasFarzin Imani
Ahmanson Biological Imaging Division, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Nucl Med 50:513-9. 2009..Herein, we investigated the accuracy of PET using 3,4-dihydroxy-6-(18)F-fluoro-phenylalanine ((18)F-FDOPA), an amino acid transporter substrate, as an independent marker for detection of benign and malignant pheochromocytomas...
- Evaluation of [18F]fluoro-L-DOPA positron emission tomography-computed tomography for surgery in focal congenital hyperinsulinismWinfried Barthlen
Clinic for Pediatric Surgery, Institute for Pathology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, Mittelallee 8, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:869-75. 2008..In congenital hyperinsulinism (CHI), the identification and precise localization of a focal lesion is essential for successful surgery...
- Comparison of 123I-MIBG SPECT-CT and 18F-DOPA PET-CT in the evaluation of patients with known or suspected recurrent paragangliomaVittoria Rufini
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 32:575-82. 2011..single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) computed tomography (CT) scanning] and fluorine-18-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography CT (18F-DOPA PET-CT) in the re-staging of patients with known or suspected ..
- Nonlinear progression of Parkinson disease as determined by serial positron emission tomographic imaging of striatal fluorodopa F 18 activityRuediger Hilker
Department of Neurology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Arch Neurol 62:378-82. 2005..The investigation of disease progression provides important information on the dynamics of cell death in Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Feasibility of carbidopa premedication in pediatric patients: a pilot studyEgesta Lopci
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 27:729-33. 2012..To verify the potential role and feasibility of carbidopa premedication in pediatric patients undergoing ¹⁸F-DOPA (Fluorine-18 fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine) PET scanning...
- [18F]-DOPA positron emission tomography for preoperative localization in congenital hyperinsulinismK Mohnike
Department of Pediatrics, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Horm Res 70:65-72. 2008..Fluorine-18 L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography ((18)F-DOPA-PET) has been introduced for differentiation between focal and ..
- Quantitation of protein-bound 3-nitrotyrosine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine by high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical array detectionK Hensley
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 N E 13th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73104, USA
Anal Biochem 251:187-95. 1997..array (HPLC-EC) detection to allow ultrasensitive determination of protein-bound 3-nitrotyrosine and 3, 4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (3-hydroxytyrosine) as specific in situ biomarkers of protein exposure to reactive nitrating and oxidizing ..
- High-frequency stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus prolongs the increase in striatal dopamine induced by acute l-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine in dopaminergic denervated ratsEmilie Lacombe
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 836, Grenoble Institut des Neurosciences, Equipe Dynamique des Réseaux Neuronaux du Mouvement, Grenoble, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:1670-80. 2007..It results in clinical improvement in patients with PD, further reducing the l-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) requirement and thus L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia...
- Diagnostic impact of PET with 18F-FDG, 18F-DOPA and 3-O-methyl-6-[18F]fluoro-DOPA in recurrent or metastatic medullary thyroid carcinomaB Beuthien-Baumann
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universität Dresden and PET Center Dresden Rossendorf, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1604-9. 2007..For positron emission tomography (PET) with (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose ((18)F-FDG) and (18)F-dihydroxyphenylalanine ((18)F-DOPA), sensitivities of 78% and 63% have been reported, but in a considerable percentage of MTC ..
- Translational incorporation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine into proteinsKiyoshi Ozawa
Research School of Chemistry, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
FEBS J 272:3162-71. 2005..coli cell-free transcription/translation system was used to explore the high-level incorporation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) into proteins by replacing tyrosine with DOPA in the reaction mixtures...
- Limited value of 18F-F-DOPA PET to localize pancreatic insulin-secreting tumors in adults with hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemiaL Tessonnier
Service Central de Biophysique et de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Timone, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:303-7. 2010Fluorine-18-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography (18F-FDOPA PET) imaging is increasingly used in the workup of neuroendocrine tumors...
- Clinical value of 18-fluorine-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography/computed tomography in the follow-up of medullary thyroid carcinomaMarkus Luster
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
Thyroid 20:527-33. 2010..The aim of this study was therefore to test the hypothesis that combined (18)F-DOPA PET/CT more accurately detects MTC lesions than each modality does alone...
- Total 18F-dopa PET tumour uptake reflects metabolic endocrine tumour activity in patients with a carcinoid tumourHelle Brit Fiebrich
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Centre Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1854-61. 2011Positron emission tomography (PET) using 6-[18F]fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (18F-dopa) has an excellent sensitivity to detect carcinoid tumour lesions...
- Complementary roles of 18F-DOPA PET/CT and 18F-FDG PET/CT in medullary thyroid cancerSaila Kauhanen
Turku PET Centre, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
J Nucl Med 52:1855-63. 2011..Our aim was to compare fluorine-labeled dihydroxyphenylalanine ((18)F-DOPA) and (18)F-FDG PET/CT with multidetector CT (MDCT) and MRI in recurrent or persistent MTC.
- Clinical relevance of 18F-FDG PET and 18F-DOPA PET in recurrent medullary thyroid carcinomaHans H G Verbeek
Department of Endocrinology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 53:1863-71. 2012..We compared (18)F-FDG PET and (18)F-dihydroxyphenylanaline ((18)F-DOPA) PET with biochemical parameters and survival to assess whether these imaging modalities could be of value in detecting progressive disease...
- PET with 18F-DOPA in the imaging of parathyroid adenoma in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. A pilot studyA Lange-Nolde
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Clinic Freiburg, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 45:193-6. 2006....
- Clinical utility of functional imaging with ¹⁸F-FDOPA in Von Hippel-Lindau syndromeAllison B Weisbrod
Endocrine Oncology Section, Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center, Building 10 CRC, Room 3 3940, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1201, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E613-7. 2012..There are limited data on the clinical utility of using ¹⁸F-FDOPA PET for identifying neuroendocrine tumors in a high-risk population such as VHL...
- A Pulmonary adrenocorticotropin-secreting carcinoid tumor localized by 6-Fluoro-[18F]L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission/computed tomography imaging in a patient with Cushing's syndromeS Dubois
Departement d Endocrinologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 4 rue Larrey, 49933 Angers cedex 09, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4512-3. 2007
- Diagnostic accuracy of [¹⁸F]-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography scan for persistent congenital hyperinsulinism in JapanMichiya Masue
Department of Pediatrics, Kizawa Memorial Hospital, Chubu Medical Center for Prolonged Traumatic Brain Dysfunction, Gifu, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:342-6. 2011We aimed to elucidate the accuracy and limitations of [(18)F]-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([(18) F]DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) for Japanese patients with congenital hyperinsulinism...
- Identification of residue-to-residue contact between a peptide ligand and its G protein-coupled receptor using periodate-mediated dihydroxyphenylalanine cross-linking and mass spectrometryGeorge K E Umanah
Department of Microbiology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39425-36. 2010..The Trp(1) residue of α-factor was replaced by 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) for periodate-mediated chemical cross-linking, and biotin was conjugated to Lys(7) for detection ..
- Combining 6-fluoro-[18F]l-dihydroxyphenylalanine and [18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography for distinction of non-carcinoid malignancies in carcinoid patientsHelle Brit Fiebrich
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:2312-5. 2009..Distinguishing a SPM from carcinoid lesions is therefore important. Differentiation can be achieved using the difference in uptake between different positron emission tomography (PET) tracers...
- Diagnostic performance of fluorine-18-dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography in diagnosing and localizing the focal form of congenital hyperinsulinism: a meta-analysisGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Gemelli, 8, Rome 00168, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 42:1372-9. 2012We performed a meta-analysis on published data on the diagnostic performance of fluorine-18 dihydroxyphenylalanine ((18)F-DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) in diagnosing and localizing focal congenital hyperinsulinism (CHI).
- 18F-DOPA PET/CT but not 68Ga-DOTA-TOC PET/CT revealed the underlying cause of ectopic Cushing syndromeCamilla Schalin-Jantti
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, PO Box 340, FI 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Clin Nucl Med 37:904-5. 2012..Ga-DOTA-TOC PET/CT, which is recommended as the first-line PET imaging, was performed, but it was not diagnostic. Imaging with F-DOPA PET/CT revealed the underlying cause...
- Catabolism of L-phenylalanine and L-tyrosine by Rhodobacter sphaeroides OU5 occurs through 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanineN K Ranjith
Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, P O Central University, Hyderabad 500 046, India
Res Microbiol 158:506-11. 2007..The metabolites of l-phenylalanine catabolism, i.e. 4-hydroxy phenylalanine (l-tyrosine), 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA), 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-pyruvic acid (DOPP), 3,4-dihydroxyphenyllactic acid (DOPLA), 3,4-..
- Is there an optimal scan time for 6-[F-18]fluoro-L-DOPA PET in pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas?Michael Hentschel
Departments of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Clin Nucl Med 37:e24-9. 2012To define the appropriate scan time for fluorine-18-labeled dihydroxyphenylalanine (F-18 DOPA) PET in oncological imaging of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas.
- Chemoenzymatic synthesis of peptidyl 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine for structure-activity relationships in marine invertebrate polypeptidesSteven W Taylor
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, 92093 0204, USA
Anal Biochem 302:70-4. 2002An improved method for hydroxylating tyrosine-containing sequences in polypeptides to peptidyl 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) using mushroom tyrosinase at relatively high enzyme-to-substrate ratios is described...
- PET/CT using ¹⁸F-FDOPA provides improved staging of carcinoid tumor patients in a Canadian settingValerie N Yakemchuk
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Nucl Med Commun 33:322-30. 2012..This study assessed the diagnostic accuracy of 6-[¹⁸F]fluoro-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (¹⁸F-FDOPA) PET/CT in neuroendocrine tumors.
- Stability of collagen in the presence of 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA)R Usha
Biophysics Laboratory, Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai, India
J Photochem Photobiol B 97:34-9. 2009..L-DOPA (3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine), a neurotransmitter, is a naturally present compound in the living system and is the target in ..
- Strong reversible Fe3+-mediated bridging between dopa-containing protein films in waterHongbo Zeng
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2V4 Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12850-3. 2010..Mfp-1, containing 13 mol % of dopa (3, 4-dihydroxyphenylalanine) side-chains, is highly positively charged polyelectrolyte (pI approximately 10) and didn't show any ..
- Effect of the D3 dopamine receptor partial agonist BP897 [N-[4-(4-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazinyl)butyl]-2-naphthamide] on L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesias and parkinsonism in squirrel monkeysAlbert Hsu
The Parkinson s Institute, 1170 Morse Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:770-7. 2004Although l-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-dopa) is one of the most effective therapies for Parkinson's disease, continued treatment may result in excessive involuntary movements known as L-dopa-induced dyskinesias (LIDs)...
- Alpha1-adrenoceptors mediate dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced activity in 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-lesioned macaquesN P Visanji
Division of Brain Imaging and Behavior, Toronto Western Research Institute, 399 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:276-83. 2009The mechanisms underlying actions of dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) in Parkinson's disease remain to be fully elucidated. Noradrenaline formed from L-DOPA may stimulate alpha(1)-adrenoceptors...
- Measuring the rate of progression and estimating the preclinical period of Parkinson's disease with [18F]dopa PETP K Morrish
MRC Cyclotron Unit Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 64:314-9. 1998....
- Diagnosis and localization of focal congenital hyperinsulinism by 18F-fluorodopa PET scanOlga T Hardy
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Pediatr 150:140-5. 2007To assess the accuracy of 18F-fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([18F]-DOPA) PET scans to diagnose focal versus diffuse disease and to localize focal lesions in infants with congenital hyperinsulinism.
- Single-molecule mechanics of mussel adhesionHaeshin Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12999-3003. 2006....
- Synthesis of dopamine from L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine by human amniotic epithelial cellsM A Elwan
Department of Inherited Metabolic Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 354:R1-2. 1998In this study, the ability of human amniotic epithelial cells to synthesize dopamine from L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) was examined...
- RGS9-2 negatively modulates L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesia in experimental Parkinson's diseaseStephen J Gold
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 27:14338-48. 2007..However, the findings also suggest that increasing RGS9-2 expression and/or function in PD patients may only be a suitable therapeutic strategy to control involuntary movements induced by nonselective DA agonist such as L-dopa...
- The use of 18-fluoro-dihydroxyphenylalanine and 18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scanning in the assessment of metaiodobenzylguanidine-negative phaeochromocytomaI S Mackenzie
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 157:533-7. 2007..of phaeochromocytoma, but who had negative 123I-MIBG scans, and illustrate the usefulness of 18-fluoro-dihydroxyphenylalanine PET scanning in their assessment...
- Adhesion mechanisms of the mussel foot proteins mfp-1 and mfp-3Qi Lin
Department of Chemical Engineering, Graduate Program in Biomolecular Science and Engineering, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3782-6. 2007..g., their inability to be peeled off) rather than a high intrinsic surface or adhesion energy, W...
- Linking adhesive and structural proteins in the attachment plaque of Mytilus californianusHua Zhao
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Marine Science Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:26150-8. 2006..5-S-Cysteinyldopa was detected at nearly 1 mol %. The results suggest that mcfp-6 may provide a cohesive link between the surface-coupling Dopa-rich proteins and the bulk of the plaque proteins...
- Staging of carcinoid tumours with 18F-DOPA PET: a prospective, diagnostic accuracy studyKlaas P Koopmans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 7:728-34. 2006..We aimed to test the diagnostic sensitivity of 6-[fluoride-18]fluoro-levodopa ((18)F-DOPA PET), compared with conventional imaging methods, in patients with carcinoid tumours...
- Towards the development of selective amine oxidase inhibitors. Mechanism-based inhibition of six copper containing amine oxidasesEric M Shepard
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Eur J Biochem 269:3645-58. 2002..Collectively, these results suggest that the development of highly selective amine oxidase inhibitors is feasible...
- 2,4,5-Trihydroxyphenylalanine quinone biogenesis in the copper amine oxidase from Hansenula polymorpha with the alternate metal nickelNicole M Samuels
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Biochemistry 44:14308-17. 2005..Detailed kinetic analysis of the mechanism of TPQ biogenesis for the Ni(II)-substituted enzyme has led to the proposal of a direct electron transfer from the metal-coordinated tyrosinate to dioxygen as the dominant rate-limiting step...
- The crystal structure of Pichia pastoris lysyl oxidaseAnthony P Duff
School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Biochemistry 42:15148-57. 2003..The structural elements that are responsible for the accessibility of the active site are identified and discussed...
- Catalytic mechanism of the topa quinone containing copper amine oxidasesMinae Mure
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Biochemistry 41:9269-78. 2002
- A theoretical study of the dioxygen activation by glucose oxidase and copper amine oxidaseRajeev Prabhakar
Department of Physics, Stockholm Centre for Physics, Astronomy and Biotechnology SCFAB, Stockholm University, S 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1647:173-8. 2003..For CAO, a mechanism for the O[bond]O cleavage step in the biogenesis of TPQ is also suggested...
- Identification of a diffuse form of hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia by 18-fluoro-L-3,4 dihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography/CT in a patient carrying a novel mutation of the HADH geneStefania Di Candia
Department of Pediatrics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 160:1019-23. 2009..application of positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) scanning with 18-fluoro-l-3,4 dihydroxyphenylalanine improved the ability to distinguish the two histopathologic forms of HI (focal and diffuse), whose ..
- Striatal tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neurons are induced by L-dihydroxyphenylalanine and nerve growth factor treatment in 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned ratsChristophe Jollivet
INSERM U 646, Batiment IBT, 10 rue Andre Boquel, 49100 Angers, France
Neurosci Lett 362:79-82. 2004..Moreover, we have shown that L-DOPA treatment for 2 weeks or nerve growth factor treatment for 8 weeks are able to dramatically augment their number...
- Human kidney diamine oxidase: heterologous expression, purification, and characterizationBradley O Elmore
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 7:565-79. 2002..0 and 8.2. Tissue-specific expression of the human diamine oxidase gene was investigated using an mRNA array. The relevance of this work to earlier work and the suggested physiological roles of the human enzyme are discussed...
- Styelin D, an extensively modified antimicrobial peptide from ascidian hemocytesS W Taylor
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0204, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38417-26. 2000..acids, dihydroxyarginine and dihydroxylysine, and two distinctly unusual ones, 6-bromotryptophan and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine. In addition, the peptide exhibited microheterogeneity because of differential mono- and dihydroxylation ..
- Crystal structure of a quinoenzyme: copper amine oxidase of Escherichia coli at 2 A resolutionM R Parsons
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, UK
Structure 3:1171-84. 1995....
- Effect of metal substitution in copper amine oxidase from lentil seedlingsA Padiglia
Department of Sciences Applied to Biosystems University of Cagliari, I 09042 Cagliari, Italy
J Biol Inorg Chem 4:608-13. 1999..The results obtained show that although Co-substituted amine oxidase is catalytically competent, copper is essential for the catalytic mechanism...
- Roles of tyrosine-rich precursor glycoproteins and dityrosine- and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-mediated protein cross-linking in development of the oocyst wall in the coccidian parasite Eimeria maximaSabina I Belli
Institute for the Biotechnology of Infectious Diseases, University of Technology Sydney, Gore Hill, New South Wales, Australia
Eukaryot Cell 2:456-64. 2003..The identification of high concentrations of dityrosine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) in oocyst extracts by high-pressure liquid chromatography, together with the detection of a UV ..
- X-ray snapshots of quinone cofactor biogenesis in bacterial copper amine oxidaseMisa Kim
School of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University, Sanda, Hyogo 669 1337, Japan
Nat Struct Biol 9:591-6. 2002..formation of freeze-trapped intermediates; structural analyses indicate that these intermediates contain dihydroxyphenylalanine quinone and trihydroxyphenylalanine...
- Properties of copper-free pig kidney amine oxidase: role of topa quinoneAnna Mura
Department of Applied Sciences in Biosystems, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
FEBS Lett 580:4317-24. 2006..However, Co-reconstituted enzyme only shows a very low activity. These results demonstrate that copper is essential for the catalytic mechanism because it maintains the correct active site geometry...
- Selective fluorogenic derivatization of 3-nitrotyrosine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine in peptides: a method designed for quantitative proteomic analysisVictor S Sharov
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Methods Enzymol 441:19-32. 2008..a method for the selective derivatization of 3-nitrotyrosine (after reduction to 3-amino-tyrosine) and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine with benzylamine derivatives to yield 6-amino- and 6-benzylamine-substituted benzoxazoles, which display ..
- Copper amine oxidase: cunning cofactor and controversial copperH C Dawkes
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, LS29JT, Leeds, UK
Curr Opin Struct Biol 11:666-73. 2001..Although dioxygen has been directly observed bound to the copper at a late stage in the reaction cycle, whether copper is the initial binding site remains controversial...
- Evaluation of plasma 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) and plasma 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) as tumor markers in children with neuroblastomaE Eldrup
Department of Internal Medicine E Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 61:479-90. 2001..Plasma (p-) levels of 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) are increased in most NB, probably reflecting decreased DOPA decarboxylase activity...
- Enzymatic Regulation of S-Glutathionylation : Role in Apoptosis and DiseaseJohn J Mieyal; Fiscal Year: 2012..L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (levodopa, L-DOPA) is the drug of choice for treatment of the symptoms of this disease, serving to ..
- BIOGENESIS OF MELANOSOMESSeth J Orlow; Fiscal Year: 2013..that catalyzes the first, rate-limiting step in melanin synthesis, namely conversion of L-tyrosine to dihydroxyphenylalanine. Tyrosinase is a determinant of skin pigmentation and risk of cutaneous cancers...
- Novel Polymer Coatings to Prevent Biofilms on Urinary Stents and CathetersJEFFREY LAWRENCE DALSIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..In brief, antifouling polymers have been coupled to the amino acid L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA), a key component of so-called mussel adhesive proteins (MAPs)...
- Biologically Inspired Polymer AdhesivesPhillip B Messersmith; Fiscal Year: 2013..micro- and macro-scale adhesion experiments to gain a detailed understanding of the adhesive role of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) and other key residues in mussel adhesion, and to use this information to motivate the design of ..
- A novel desensitizing paste containing enamel-like crystalsScott I Merz; Fiscal Year: 2012..are the same as those found in dental enamel and synthetic polymer which mimics the naked amino acid 3,4 dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) found in the mussel adhesive mucus...
- Striatal cholinergic neurons and L-DOPA induced dyskinesiaUn Jung Kang; Fiscal Year: 2013..L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) therapy alleviates the motor symptoms, however the utility of this agent for chronic treatment is ..
- PSYCHOMOTOR STIMULANTS AND ADRENERGIC NERVE FUNCTIONCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 1991..the release of 3H-norepinephrine after incubating the tissues with 3H-norepinephrine or its precursor, 3H- dihydroxyphenylalanine, b) the efflux of endogenous neurotransmitter by a combination of high pressure liquid chromatography and ..
- NOVEL SIGMA RECEPTOR LIGANDS IN NEURODEGENERATIONRaymond Booth; Fiscal Year: 2000..In vivo sigma3 receptor- mediated effects on synthesis and release of 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) and catecholamines will be measured in specific brain regions by HPLC-EC, after administering PATs ..
- Chemical Biology Approaches to Combat Parkinson's Disease and DyskinesiaDewey G McCafferty; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): L-3,4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) is the most effective treatment for Parkinson's disease (PD), but long- term L-DOPA administration is marred by the emergence of motor complications, namely, ..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF HYPOTHALAMIC DOPAMINE SECRETIONJohn Porter; Fiscal Year: 1992..The in situ enzymic activity of TH in hypothalamic dopaminergic neurons will be assayed using an L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) accumulation procedure...
- NEUROENDOCRINE EFFECTS OF PERINATAL OPIATE EXPOSUREJAMES VOOGT; Fiscal Year: 1992..Dopamine and serotonin synthesis in the nerve terminals will be measured by in vitro accumulation of L-dihydroxyphenylalanine in the stalk-median eminence and 5-hydroxytryptophan in the medial basal hypothalamus after incubation ..
- ORGAN SPECIFIC DRUGS: CARDIOVASCULAR AND RENAL EFFECTSMarian Orlowski; Fiscal Year: 1980..e., L-yield-glutamyl-L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine)...
- Dopamine regulation in parkinsonian rat by gene therapyUn Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) is the mainstay of therapy for Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Epidemilogy of Parkinsonism in WeldersBrad A Racette; Fiscal Year: 2011..The cohort assembled will provide unique opportunities for future research projects into gene-environment interactions and exposure related neuroimaging changes. ..
- GENETICS OF PARKINSON DISEASE IN THE AMISHBrad Racette; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MELANOGENESIS IN CRYPTOCOCCUS NEOFORMANSJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2002..To explore the structure of melanin using biochemistry, phage display peptide libraries and mAbs; and 4. To use peptides and mAbs to study C. neoformans melanogenesis in vivo and in vitro. ..
- PROLIFERATION & MALIGNANT TRANSFORMATION OF MELANOCYTESRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our functional studies may provide a basis for the design of new therapeutical agents for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanomas. ..
- Epigenetic Chromatin Changes as Melanoma MarkersRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2006..Altogether, the results are likely to generate a novel marker(s) that can be used to assess propensity for malignant transformation, tumor progression and/or sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs that target chromatin conformation. ..
- Antibody Protection in HistoplamosisJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies are expected to lead to insights into H. capsulatum pathogenesis and initiate the development of new therapeutic and diagnostic reagents. ..
- 2003 Conference Pan-American Society Pigment Cell ReseaRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. To provide partial support to students and junior faculty to attend the meeting. They request funds for the 2003 meeting as well as for the 2 subsequent PASPCR annual meetings in years 2004 and 2006. ..
- Role of dopamine D1 receptors in morphine withdrawalElena Chartoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work may lead to new pharmacotherapies that can alleviate aversive and dysphoric states associated with opiate withdrawal and perhaps reduce relapse to drug taking. ..
- PF-L-DOPA: a MRI tool for developmental neurobiologySherry Dingman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This new MRI methods will reveal structural and functional brain alterations during development, making it possible to monitor the neurobiological impact of exposure to drugs. ..
- Bioadhesive Polymer Hydrogels: Basic and Applied StudiesPHILLIP MESSERSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2005..These protein 'glues' can be characterized as having a high concentration of L- 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA), an amino acid that is believed to be responsible for both adhesive and crosslinking ..
- DYSKINESIAS IN LENTI-GDNF TREATED PARKINSONIAN MONKEYSJeffrey Kordower; Fiscal Year: 2006..This application will determine whether potent dopaminergic gene therapies influence dyskinesias in the best animal model of PD. ..
- Bioinspired Synthesis of In-Situ Gelling BiomaterialsPHILLIP MESSERSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Consequences of repeated kappa receptor activation on brain stimulation rewardElena Chartoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TH and GTPCHI gene therapy for Parkinson's diseaseJeffrey H Kordower; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will determine the safety and efficacy of gene delivery of LDOPA and determine whether this approach is appropriate for clinical trials. ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- MASS SPECTROMETERWolfgang Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2001..A significant institutional commitment will ensure that this instrument is operated and maintained by trained personnel. All measurements will be made under the supervision of A. Craig. ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF PROGRESSIVE NEPHRON DESTRUCTIONRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NPY Induced Regulation of Sympathetic NeurotransmissionTHOMAS WESTFALL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide useful new information on the functional role and mechanism of action of NPY in the prejunctional regulation of sympathetic neurotransmission. ..
- Translational Studies on Smoking in SchizophreniaTony George; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, this K02 would support two new and integrated projects that will correlate neurocognitive, genetic and biochemical assessments with smoking cessation treatment response in schizophrenic patients. ..
- Optimizing Treatment for Schizophrenic SmokersTony George; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study could provide valuable information on effective medication treatments for cigarette smoking in schizophrenic patients. ..
- DOUBLE-BLIND CONTROLLED TRIAL OF NIGRAL GRAFTING IN PDC Olanow; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ROBUST PROTEIN FROM MUSSEL BYSSUSJOHN WAITE; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of these should be of particular relevance to the design of scaffolding biomaterials with a wide range of mechanical properties. ..
- Nicotinic Receptors and Cog Function in SchizophreniaTony George; Fiscal Year: 2003..control smokers, and suggest novel treatment approaches for both nicotine dependence and cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenic disorders. ..
- AROMATIC L-AMINO ACID DECARBOXYLASE MODULATIONNORTON NEFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal has direct clinical relevance for PD, as it addresses the functionality of an enzyme absolutely required for successful L-DOPA therapy. ..
- PHENOLS/CATECHOLS IN OCCUPATIONAL/CONTACT VITILIGO SKINRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ON THE ROLE OF THE HPS GENE PRODUCT IN MELANOCYTESRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will contribute to our knowledge of cellular trafficking in general and the pathophysiology of HPS in specific. ..
- DOPAMINE AND RETINAL ADAPTATIONPaul Witkovsky; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- 2004 National Vitiligo Foundation Scientific ConferenceRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, mini-symposiums will be organized for each of the sessions. ..
- HYDROXYNONENAL MODIFICATION OF SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASEKenneth Hensley; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mussel-Inspired Protective CoatingsJOHN WAITE; Fiscal Year: 2006..All films will be evaluated by macro- and nanomechanical tests, and their resistance to a diverse range of biochemical, thermal, and mechanical insults will be examined. ..
- Dynamically Crosslinked HydrogelsRussell Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..These novel hydrogels may find wide ranging biomedical applications in drug delivery, as active surface coatings or microactuators in medical devices. ..
- Physiology and Anatomy of the Basal GangliaHitoshi Kita; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the end of the proposed projects, we should be able to offer an anatomical and physiological basis for explaining how the synaptic inputs might control the neuronal activity of the GPe. ..
- 2005 Gordon Conference on CatecholaminesDavid Sulzer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Self-immobilizing ProteinsRussell Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2005..The widely expected future impact of protein arrays on clinical diagnosis and other areas of human health care may be realized more quickly with new and effective protein modification technology. ..
- Biomimetic Blades: Mincing with Less MineralJOHN WAITE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The chief health benefits of this research will be insights about lightweight replacement materials with superior hardness and abrasion resistance. ..
- Virulence Factor Trafficking in CryptococcusPeter Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Each of the mutants identified in Specific Aims 2 and 3 will then be assessed for production of other virulence-related factors such as capsule, urease, phospholipase and virulence in a mouse model. ..
- Role of CRH in skin physiology and pathologyAndrzej Slominski; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., melanocytes and keratinocytes, and test the role of CRH/CRH-R1 axis in the regulation of human hair growth. ..
- 2008 Biointerface Science Gordon Research ConferencePHILLIP MESSERSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Research Training in Nuclear Molecular ImagingAlan Fischman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..