Genomes and Genes
Summary: A selective serotonin uptake inhibitor that is used in the treatment of depression.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Sertraline or mirtazapine for depression in dementia (HTA-SADD): a randomised, multicentre, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSube Banerjee
Institute of Psychiatry, Health Services and Population Research Department, King s College London, London, UK
Lancet 378:403-11. 2011..We aimed to assess efficacy and safety of two of the most commonly prescribed drugs, sertraline and mirtazapine, compared with placebo.
- Sertraline increases extracellular levels not only of serotonin, but also of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens and striatum of ratsYuji Kitaichi
Department of Molecular Stressphysiology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 647:90-6. 2010..We examined effects of sertraline, fluvoxamine, and paroxetine on extracellular serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline levels in the medial ..
- Bupropion-SR, sertraline, or venlafaxine-XR after failure of SSRIs for depressionA John Rush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9086, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1231-42. 2006..After unsuccessful treatment for depression with a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), it is not known whether switching to one antidepressant is more effective than switching to another...
- Efficacy of the novel antidepressant agomelatine on the circadian rest-activity cycle and depressive and anxiety symptoms in patients with major depressive disorder: a randomized, double-blind comparison with sertralineSiegfried Kasper
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University Vienna, MUV, AKH, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Wien, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 71:109-20. 2010..first antidepressant to be an agonist at MT(1)/MT(2) receptors and an antagonist at 5-HT(2C) receptors, versus sertraline with regard to the amplitude of the circadian rest-activity cycle and depressive and anxiety symptoms in ..
- Fluoxetine versus sertraline and paroxetine in major depressive disorder: changes in weight with long-term treatmentM Fava
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:863-7. 2000..Also unknown is whether different agents have differential effects. To examine these questions, we assessed weight changes in patients randomly assigned to long-term treatment with fluoxetine, sertraline, or paroxetine.
- Platelet/endothelial biomarkers in depressed patients treated with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor sertraline after acute coronary events: the Sertraline AntiDepressant Heart Attack Randomized Trial (SADHART) Platelet SubstudyVictor L Serebruany
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Circulation 108:939-44. 2003..Accordingly, we serially assessed the release of established platelet/endothelial biomarkers in patients treated with sertraline vs placebo in the Sertraline AntiDepressant Heart Attack Randomized Trial (SADHART).
- Analysis of association between the 5-HTTLPR and STin2 polymorphisms in the serotonin-transporter gene and clinical response to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (sertraline) in patients with premature ejaculationMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Centre, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
BJU Int 105:73-8. 2010....
- Safety and efficacy of sertraline for depression in patients with heart failure: results of the SADHART-CHF (Sertraline Against Depression and Heart Disease in Chronic Heart Failure) trialCHRISTOPHER M O'CONNOR
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:692-9. 2010The objective was to test the hypothesis that heart failure (HF) patients treated with sertraline will have lower depression scores and fewer cardiovascular events compared with placebo.
- Changes in BDNF serum levels in patients with major depression disorder (MDD) after 6 months treatment with sertraline, escitalopram, or venlafaxineFrancesco Matrisciano
Department of Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa, 1035 1039, 00189 Rome, Italy
J Psychiatr Res 43:247-54. 2009..We assessed serum BDNF levels in 21 patients with major depressive episode treated with sertraline, escitalopram, or venlafaxine and 20 healthy controls. Serum samples were collected between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m...
- Sertraline slows disease progression and increases neurogenesis in N171-82Q mouse model of Huntington's diseaseWenzhen Duan
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, CMSC 8 121, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurobiol Dis 30:312-22. 2008..and can be administered long term with few side effects in Huntington's disease, we investigated the effect of sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) which has been shown to upregulate BDNF levels in rodent brains...
- Sertraline treatment of major depression in patients with acute MI or unstable anginaAlexander H Glassman
Department of Clinical Psychopharmacology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 116, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 288:701-9. 2002..However, no published evidence exists that antidepressant drugs are safe or efficacious in patients with unstable ischemic heart disease...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of sertraline in the treatment of night eating syndromeJohn P O'Reardon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Rm 4005, 3535 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:893-8. 2006The authors assessed the efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of night eating syndrome.
- Behavioural signs of depression and apoptosis in the limbic system following myocardial infarction: effects of sertralineB P Wann
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital Sacré Coeur de Montréal, Montreal, Canada
J Psychopharmacol 23:451-9. 2009..We measured the effects of the antidepressant sertraline on behavioural and biochemical events following MI in a rat model...
- An evidence-based review of the clinical use of sertraline in mood and anxiety disordersDavid V Sheehan
University of South Florida College of Medicine, 3515 E Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 24:43-60. 2009b>Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that has been used and studied extensively throughout the world and found to be safe and well tolerated in numerous patient populations, including those with either psychiatric and/or ..
- The sertraline vs. electrical current therapy for treating depression clinical study: results from a factorial, randomized, controlled trialAndre R Brunoni
Clinical Research Center, University Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
JAMA Psychiatry 70:383-91. 2013..Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) trials for major depressive disorder (MDD) have shown positive but mixed results...
- Efficacy of sertraline in preventing relapse of posttraumatic stress disorder: results of a 28-week double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJ Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1974-81. 2001The study examined the efficacy of sertraline, compared with placebo, in sustaining improvement and preventing relapse over 28 weeks in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) who had completed a 12-week double-blind, placebo-..
- Efficacy of sertraline in severe generalized social anxiety disorder: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMichael R Liebowitz
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:785-92. 2003..The goal of the current study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of sertraline for the treatment of severe generalized social anxiety disorder in adults.
- Antidepressant side effects in depression patients treated in a naturalistic setting: a study of bupropion, moclobemide, paroxetine, sertraline, and venlafaxineJ D Vanderkooy
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 47:174-80. 2002..There is no commonly accepted standard for comparing antidepressant-induced side effects. This study evaluates a clinician-administered scale, the Toronto Side Effect Scale (TSES), in a natural practice clinic...
- The antidepressant sertraline improves the phenotype, promotes neurogenesis and increases BDNF levels in the R6/2 Huntington's disease mouse modelQi Peng
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Exp Neurol 210:154-63. 2008..Here we report that an SSRI antidepressant, sertraline, prolongs survival, improves motor performance, and ameliorates brain atrophy in the R6/2 HD mouse model...
- Pramipexole versus sertraline in the treatment of depression in Parkinson's disease: a national multicenter parallel-group randomized studyPaolo Barone
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
J Neurol 253:601-7. 2006..5 to 4.5 mg/day) or sertraline (at 50 mg/day)...
- Association between serotonin transporter gene promoter-region polymorphism and 4- and 12-week treatment response to sertraline in posttraumatic stress disorderDhuha Mushtaq
Department of Biotechnology, Jamia Millia, New Delhi, India
J Affect Disord 136:955-62. 2012We examined the association between serotonin transporter (5HTTLPR) genotype (SS vs SL vs LL) and sertraline treatment outcome in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Pharmacometabolomic mapping of early biochemical changes induced by sertraline and placeboR Kaddurah-Daouk
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA rima kaddurahdaouk duke edu
Transl Psychiatry 3:e223. 2013In this study, we characterized early biochemical changes associated with sertraline and placebo administration and changes associated with a reduction in depressive symptoms in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Preliminary evidence that a functional polymorphism in type 1 deiodinase is associated with enhanced potentiation of the antidepressant effect of sertraline by triiodothyronineRena Cooper-Kazaz
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Affect Disord 116:113-6. 2009..Triiodothyronine (T3) is used to potentiate the clinical effect of antidepressant drugs. Inter-individual differences in efficacy may be related to genetically-based variability in thyroid function...
- Sertraline is metabolized by multiple cytochrome P450 enzymes, monoamine oxidases, and glucuronyl transferases in human: an in vitro studyR Scott Obach
Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Metabolism, Groton Laboratories, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:262-70. 2005The oxidative and conjugative metabolism of sertraline was examined in vitro to identify the enzymes involved in the generation of N-desmethyl, deaminated, and N-carbamoyl-glucuronidated metabolites in humans...
- Cost-effectiveness analyses for mirtazapine and sertraline in dementia: randomised controlled trialRenee Romeo
Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex, UK
Br J Psychiatry 202:121-8. 2013..Depression is a common and costly comorbidity in dementia. There are very few data on the cost-effectiveness of antidepressants for depression in dementia and their effects on carer outcomes...
- A double-blind randomized controlled trial of olanzapine plus sertraline vs olanzapine plus placebo for psychotic depression: the study of pharmacotherapy of psychotic depression (STOP-PD)Barnett S Meyers
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, Westchester Division, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:838-47. 2009..Evidence for the efficacy of combination pharmacotherapy has been limited and without positive trials in geriatric patients with major depression (MD) with psychotic features...
- Impact of early administration of sertraline on cognitive and behavioral recovery in the first year after moderate to severe traumatic brain injuryJames H Banos
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 25:357-61. 2010To assess the efficacy of sertraline administered in the first 3 months after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) in improving cognitive and behavioral outcomes.
- Aquatic toxicity of sertraline to Pimephales promelas at environmentally relevant surface water pHTheodore W Valenti
Center for Reservoir and Aquatic Systems Research, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:2685-94. 2009..employed 48-h and 7-d toxicity tests with Pimephales promelas exposed to the model weak base pharmaceutical sertraline over a gradient of environmentally relevant surface water pHs...
- Effect of sertraline on [Ca2+](i) and viability of human MG63 osteosarcoma cellsKo Long Lin
Department of Rehabilitation, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Drug Chem Toxicol 36:231-40. 2013The antidepressant, sertraline, has been shown to have diverse in vitro effects. This study examined whether sertraline altered [Ca(2+)](i) in MG63 human osteosarcoma cells by using fura-2 as a Ca(2+)-sensitive fluorescent dye...
- Complex modulation of human motor cortex excitability by the specific serotonin re-uptake inhibitor sertralineTihomir V Ilic
Department of Neurology, J W Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Franfurt am Main, Germany
Neurosci Lett 319:116-20. 2002..Here, the effects of a single oral dose (100mg) of the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor sertraline on human motor cortex excitability were investigated in healthy subjects...
- Adverse events in users of sertraline: results from an observational study in psychiatric practice in The NetherlandsWelmoed E E Meijer
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, PO Box 80 082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 11:655-62. 2002To evaluate the safety profile of sertraline versus other Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) directly following the introduction of sertraline to the Dutch market.
- The immunomodulatory effect of the antidepressant sertraline in an experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis mouse model of multiple sclerosisMichal Taler
Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tikva, Israel
Neuroimmunomodulation 18:117-22. 2011..We have previously demonstrated the immunomodulatory activity of some selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- Predictive factors for responding to sertraline treatment: views from plasma catecholamine metabolites and serotonin transporter polymorphismWakako Umene-Nakano
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyusyu, Fukuoka, Japan
J Psychopharmacol 24:1764-71. 2010In the present study, we investigated the effects of sertraline on plasma levels of 3-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylglycol (MHPG), homovanillic acid (HVA), and serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels in 59 depressed patients ..
- Human therapeutic plasma levels of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) sertraline decrease serotonin reuptake transporter binding and shelter-seeking behavior in adult male fathead minnowsTheodore W Valenti
The Institute of Ecological, Earth, and Environmental Sciences, Baylor University, Waco, Texas 76798, United States
Environ Sci Technol 46:2427-35. 2012..We selected sertraline as a model SSRI for a 28-d study with adult male fathead minnows...
- The antidepressant sertraline inhibits translation initiation by curtailing mammalian target of rapamycin signalingChen Ju Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Goodman Cancer Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 70:3199-208. 2010b>Sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, is a widely used antidepressant agent. Here, we show that sertraline also exhibits antiproliferative activity...
- Block of persistent late Na+ currents by antidepressant sertraline and paroxetineGing Kuo Wang
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Membr Biol 222:79-90. 2008..In this report, we examined the effects of contemporary antidepressants sertraline and paroxetine on (1) neuronal Na+ channels expressed in GH3 cells and (2) muscle rNav1...
- Sertraline vs. ELectrical Current Therapy for Treating Depression Clinical Trial--SELECT TDCS: design, rationale and objectivesAndre Russowsky Brunoni
Clinical Research Center, University Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Contemp Clin Trials 32:90-8. 2011..Due to its profile, tDCS seems to be a safe and affordable approach...
- Sertraline exposure leads to small left heart syndrome in adult miceSarah E Haskell
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Pediatr Res 73:286-93. 2013b>Sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), is the most commonly prescribed therapy for maternal depression...
- Chronic modulation of serotonergic neurotransmission with sertraline attenuates the loudness dependence of the auditory evoked potential in healthy participantsJulian G Simmons
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Locked Bag 10, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 217:101-10. 2011..However, acute manipulations of the serotonergic system in humans and animals have yielded inconsistent findings...
- Treatment of depressive-like behaviour in Huntington's disease mice by chronic sertraline and exerciseThibault Renoir
Howard Florey Institute, Florey Neuroscience Institutes, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 165:1375-89. 2012..Depression is the most common psychiatric disorder in Huntington's disease (HD) patients. Women are more prone to develop depression and such susceptibility might be related to 5-hydroxytryptaminergic (serotonergic) dysregulation...
- The antidepressant sertraline downregulates Akt and has activity against melanoma cellsKalpana K Reddy
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:451-6. 2008..The antidepressant sertraline was found to be a potent cytotoxic agent against A375 human melanoma...
- Effect of sertraline on symptoms and survival in patients with advanced cancer, but without major depression: a placebo-controlled double-blind randomised trialMartin R Stockler
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Lancet Oncol 8:603-12. 2007..We aimed to identify the effects of an established antidepressant on these symptoms and survival in patients with advanced cancer who did not have major depression as assessed by clinicians...
- Sertraline delays relapse in recently abstinent cocaine-dependent patients with depressive symptomsAlison Oliveto
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Addiction 107:131-41. 2012Whether the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor sertraline at 200 mg/day delays relapse in recently abstinent cocaine-dependent individuals.
- Sertraline promotes hippocampus-derived neural stem cells differentiating into neurons but not glia and attenuates LPS-induced cellular damageZheng Wu Peng
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 36:183-8. 2012b>Sertraline is one of the most commonly used antidepressants in clinic...
- Varenicline has antidepressant-like activity in the forced swim test and augments sertraline's effectHans Rollema
Department Neuroscience, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 605:114-6. 2009..dose significantly enhanced the effects of moderately active doses of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor sertraline. These findings are consistent with the notion that reducing alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ..
- Effects of coping skills training and sertraline in patients with non-cardiac chest pain: a randomized controlled studyFrancis J Keefe
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Pain 152:730-41. 2011..This randomized clinical trial examined the separate and combined effects of CST and antidepressant medication (sertraline) in participants with non-cardiac chest pain...
- Efficacy and safety of sertraline treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder: a randomized controlled trialK Brady
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
JAMA 283:1837-44. 2000..Despite the high prevalence, chronicity, and associated comorbidity of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the community, few placebo-controlled studies have evaluated the efficacy of pharmacotherapy for this disorder...
- The antidepressant sertraline targets intracellular vesiculogenic membranes in yeastMeredith M Rainey
Lewis Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Genetics 185:1221-33. 2010Numerous studies have shown that the clinical antidepressant sertraline (Zoloft) is biologically active in model systems, including fungi, which do not express its putative protein target, the serotonin/5-HT transporter, thus ..
- An 8-week multicenter, parallel-group, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of sertraline in elderly outpatients with major depressionLon S Schneider
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Keck School of Medicine, and the Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, University of SouthernCalifornia, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1277-85. 2003There have been few placebo-controlled trials of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for depressed elderly patients. This placebo-controlled study of sertraline was designed to confirm the results of non-placebo-controlled trials.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy, sertraline, or a combination in childhood anxietyJohn T Walkup
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2753-66. 2008..Although cognitive behavioral therapy and selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors have shown efficacy in treating these disorders, little is known about their relative or combined efficacy...
- Effect of single-dose sertraline on the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal system, autonomic nervous system, and platelet functionThorben Ahrens
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:602-6. 2007..We compared the reaction of these systems to physical stress with single-dose SSRI treatment (100 mg) with that of placebo treatment...
- Block of volume-regulated anion channels by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsC Maertens
KU Leuven, Laboratorium voor Fysiologie, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 366:158-65. 2002We have used the whole-cell patch clamp technique to study the effects of the commonly used antidepressants sertraline, paroxetine, citalopram and fluvoxamine on the volume-regulated anion channel (VRAC) in endothelial cells...
- Evaluation of the potential anti-cancer activity of the antidepressant sertraline in human colon cancer cell lines and in colorectal cancer-xenografted miceIrit Gil-Ad
Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry, Felsentein Medical Research Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University and Campus Rabin, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
Int J Oncol 33:277-86. 2008..The SSRIs, paroxetine and sertraline, induced a dose-dependent inhibition of cell viability and proliferation in the two cell lines (IC50 8-15 micro ..
- Anxiety-like effects induced by acute fluoxetine, sertraline or m-CPP treatment are reversed by pretreatment with the 5-HT2C receptor antagonist SB-242084 but not the 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY-100635G Bagdy
Department of Neurology, Semmelweis University, Hungary
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 4:399-408. 2001..Fluoxetine (2.5-10 mg/kg, i.p.), sertraline (15 mg/kg, i.p.) and m-CPP (0.5-2.0 mg/kg, i.p...
- Combined treatment with sertraline and liothyronine in major depression: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialRena Cooper-Kazaz
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:679-88. 2007..Antidepressant treatments that achieve a higher remission rate than those currently available are urgently needed. The thyroid hormone triiodothyronine may potentiate antidepressant effects...
- Sertraline to improve arousal and alertness in severe traumatic brain injury secondary to motor vehicle crashesJ M Meythaler
University of Alabama at Birmingham Model Traumatic Brain Injury System Spain Rehabilitation Center, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA
Brain Inj 15:321-31. 2001To establish whether or not the serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) sertraline can improve arousal and alertness of patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and associated diffuse axonal injury (DAI)...
- Neuroimmune and cortisol changes in selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and placebo treatment of chronic posttraumatic stress disorderPhebe Tucker
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:121-8. 2004....
- Acute occupancy of brain serotonin transporter by sertraline as measured by [11C]DASB and positron emission tomographyRamin V Parsey
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:821-8. 2006..Previous studies used chronic SSRI administration that may down-regulate 5-HTT and used the cerebellum as reference region despite measurable 5-HTT. We examine the reference region and occupancy after acute sertraline dosing.
- Possible role of sertraline against 3-nitropropionic acid induced behavioral, oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunctions in rat brainPuneet Kumar
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:100-8. 2009..The present study evaluated the possible role of sertraline on the 3-nitropropionic acid induced behavioral, biochemical, and mitochondrial alterations in discrete areas of ..
- Venlafaxine extended release in posttraumatic stress disorder: a sertraline- and placebo-controlled studyJonathan Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:259-67. 2006This 12-week, double-blind, multicenter trial evaluated the efficacy of venlafaxine extended release (ER), sertraline, and placebo in adult outpatients (N = 538) with a primary diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as defined ..
- Comparative outcomes for individual cognitive-behavior therapy, supportive-expressive group psychotherapy, and sertraline for the treatment of depression in multiple sclerosisD C Mohr
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Fancisco, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:942-9. 2001..and the antidepressant sertraline. Significant reductions were seen from pre- to posttreatment in all measures of depression...
- Pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine balance in major depression: effect of sertraline therapyLevent Sutcigil
Department of Psychiatry, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Clin Dev Immunol 2007:76396. 2007..role of IL-2, IL-4, IL-12, TNF-alpha, TGF-beta1, and MCP-1 in major depression and to investigate the effects of sertraline therapy...
- Mood switch in bipolar depression: comparison of adjunctive venlafaxine, bupropion and sertralineR M Post
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Br J Psychiatry 189:124-31. 2006..Few studies have examined the relative risks of switching into hypomania or mania associated with second-generation antidepressant drugs in bipolar depression...
- A pilot randomized controlled trial of combined trauma-focused CBT and sertraline for childhood PTSD symptomsJudith A Cohen
Drexel University College of Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Pittsburgh, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:811-9. 2007To examine the potential benefits of adding a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, sertraline, versus placebo, to trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) for improving posttraumatic stress disorder and related ..
- Onset of major depression associated with acute coronary syndromes: relationship of onset, major depressive disorder history, and episode severity to sertraline benefitAlexander H Glassman
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:283-8. 2006..The Sertraline Antidepressant Heart Attack Trial (SADHART) tested the safety and efficacy of a selective serotonin reuptake ..
- The serotonin transporter polymorphism, 5HTTLPR, is associated with a faster response time to sertraline in an elderly population with major depressive disorderL Kathryn Durham
Biostatistical Applications, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 1 Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 063401, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 174:525-9. 2004..We hypothesized that a similar effect in response time to sertraline would be observed and that no effect on response time would be seen in a placebo arm.
- Sertraline treatment of pathological gambling: a pilot studyJeronimo Saiz-Ruiz
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 66:28-33. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of pathological gambling.
- Treatment benefit and the risk of suicidality in multicenter, randomized, controlled trials of sertraline in children and adolescentsJohn S March
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke Child and Family Study Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:91-102. 2006The aim of this study was to examine the balance between the benefits of treatment and the risk of suicidality in children and adolescents in multicenter, randomized, controlled trials of sertraline versus placebo.
- Treatment of pharmacotherapy-refractory posttraumatic stress disorder among Cambodian refugees: a pilot study of combination treatment with cognitive-behavior therapy vs sertraline aloneMichael W Otto
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, WACC 812, 15 Parkman St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Behav Res Ther 41:1271-6. 2003..selected a sample of pharmacotherapy-refractory individuals to test the efficacy of combination treatment with sertraline and cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) for treating PTSD...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study of sertraline in military veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderJoseph Zohar
Division of Psychiatry, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:190-5. 2002The efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of civilian posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has been established by two large placebo-controlled trials...
- Multicenter, double-blind comparison of sertraline and placebo in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorderJ R Davidson
Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:485-92. 2001..DSM-III-R diagnosis of moderate-to-severe PTSD were randomized to 12 weeks of double-blind treatment with either sertraline (N = 100) in flexible daily doses in the range of 50 to 200 mg or placebo (N = 108)...
- Comparative study of fluoxetine, sibutramine, sertraline and dexfenfluramine on the morphology of serotonergic nerve terminals using serotonin immunohistochemistryM Kalia
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brain Res 858:92-105. 2000We compared the effects of treatment with high doses of fluoxetine, sibutramine, sertraline, and dexfenfluramine for 4 days on brain serotonergic nerve terminals in rats...
- Antidepressant effect on connectivity of the mood-regulating circuit: an FMRI studyAmit Anand
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1334-44. 2005..This study investigated the effects of sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant, on corticolimbic connectivity, using functional ..
- Corticolimbic brain reactivity to social signals of threat before and after sertraline treatment in generalized social phobiaK Luan Phan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Mental Health Service Line, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Biol Psychiatry 73:329-36. 2013..Although selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) treatment is known to be an effective treatment, little is known about the mechanism through which these agents exert their anxiolytic effects at a brain level in gSP...
- Nicotine reverses anhedonic-like response and cognitive impairment in the rat chronic mild stress model of depression: comparison with sertralineJesper T Andreasen
Centre for Psychiatric Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Psychopharmacol 25:1134-41. 2011..Here, we examine the effect of chronic treatment of nicotine (0.4 mg/kg/day) and sertraline (5 mg/kg/day) on CMS-induced anhedonic-like behaviour and impairment in the SAB test...
- Effects of sertraline on behavioral alterations caused by environmental enrichment and social isolationEngin Yildirim
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 101:278-87. 2012..In this study, the effects of sertraline, a selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitor, on anxiety- and depression-like behaviors were investigated in ..
- The impact of ziprasidone in combination with sertraline on visually-evoked event-related potentials in depressed patients with psychotic featuresO Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1440-3. 2007..The objective of this study was to examine the effects of a combination therapy with ziprasidone and sertraline on ERP in major depression with psychotic features.
- Preliminary comparison of sertraline levels in postbariatric surgery patients versus matched nonsurgical cohortJames L Roerig
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:62-6. 2012..The purpose of the present pilot trial was to determine to what extent RYGB alters the area under the plasma concentration/time curve (AUC(0-10.5)) of the antidepressant, sertraline at a community research center.
- Strategic use of new generation antidepressants for depression: SUN(^_^)D study protocolToshi A Furukawa
Department of Health Promotion and Human Behavior, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine School of Public Health, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Japan
Trials 12:116. 2011..Starting with these findings, this proposed trial aims to establish the optimum 1st line and 2nd line antidepressant treatment strategy among adult patients with a non-psychotic unipolar major depressive episode...
- Adjunctive low-dose aripiprazole with standard-dose sertraline in treating fresh major depressive disorder: a randomized, double-blind, controlled studyChien Ho Lin
Department of Psychiatry, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan City, Taiwan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:563-8. 2011..This clinical trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of low-dose aripiprazole combined with regular-dose sertraline for acute major depressive episode in non-treatment-resistant depression outpatients.
- Affective and anxiety comorbidity in post-traumatic stress disorder treatment trials of sertralineKathleen T Brady
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Compr Psychiatry 44:360-9. 2003..The current study evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of sertraline in a subgroup of PTSD patients suffering from anxiety or depression comorbidity...
- Clinical trial of sertraline in the treatment of night eating syndromeJohn P O'Reardon
Department of Psychiatry, Weight and Eating Disorders Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Int J Eat Disord 35:16-26. 2004To test the efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of night eating syndrome.
- Symptom improvement in co-occurring PTSD and alcohol dependenceSudie E Back
Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Psychiatry, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:690-6. 2006....
- Does randomized evidence support sertraline as first-line antidepressant for adults with acute major depression? A systematic review and meta-analysisAndrea Cipriani
Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro, 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1732-42. 2008Preliminary evidence suggested that sertraline might be slightly superior to other antidepressant medications in terms of efficacy...
- Comparison of antinociceptive and antidiabetic effects of sertraline and amitriptyline on streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsDanish Mahmood
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:881-6. 2010..The aim of this study is to investigate the antinociceptive effects of sertraline (Ser) and amitriptyline (Ami) in diabetic rats, and additionally monitoring their effects on grip strength, ..
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and quality of life: results across 64 weeks of sertraline treatmentMark H Rapaport
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:59-65. 2002..The goal of the current study was to characterize the quality of life (QOL) and functional impairment associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and to report the QOL/functional response over the course of long-term treatment...
- Spotlight on sertraline in the management of major depressive disorder in elderly patientsRichard B R Muijsers
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 16:789-94. 2002b>Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with well established antidepressant and anxiolytic activity...
- Effects of sertraline treatment on plasma cortisol, prolactin and thyroid hormones in female depressed patientsMarina Sagud
University Hospital Center Zagreb, Department of Psychiatry, Zagreb, Croatia
Neuropsychobiology 45:139-43. 2002The aim of the study was to evaluate the effects of 4 and 24 weeks of sertraline treatment (average dose 42.5 mg/day) on plasma hormone levels in 15 female patients with major depression...
- Sertraline and mirtazapine as geriatric antidepressantsJonathon Holland
Department of Medicine for the Elderly, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, CB2 0QQ, Cambridge, UK
Psychiatr Danub 25:S286-90. 2013..Unfortunately these can have significant side-effects in the elderly such as hyponatraemia. Sertraline is one such SSRI commonly used in the geriatric population...
- Gender, aggression and serotonergic function are associated with response to sertraline for behavioral disturbances in Alzheimer's diseaseKrista L Lanctot
Psychopharmacology Research Program and Geriatric Psychiatry, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 207s Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:531-41. 2002..Indications for serotonergic medications in the treatment of behavioral disorders associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD) remain to be established...
- Impact of early administration of sertraline on depressive symptoms in the first year after traumatic brain injuryThomas A Novack
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249 7330, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:1921-8. 2009The potential for sertraline administered in the first 3 months after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) to decrease the incidence of depression in the first year after injury was assessed in a double-blinded randomized ..
- Comparison of blinding effectiveness between sham tDCS and placebo sertraline in a 6-week major depression randomized clinical trialAndre Russowsky Brunoni
Center for Clinical and Epidemiological Research, University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Interdisciplinary Center for Applied Neuromodulation, University Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Clin Neurophysiol 125:298-305. 2014..To compare blinding integrity and associated factors for transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) vs. placebo-pill, the gold standard blinding method...
- Comparing effects of methylphenidate, sertraline and placebo on neuropsychiatric sequelae in patients with traumatic brain injuryHoon Lee
Department of Psychiatry and Research Institute of Medical Science, Chonnam National University Medical School, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 20:97-104. 2005This study aimed to investigate the effects of methylphenidate and sertraline compared with placebo on various neuropsychiatric sequelae associated with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Safety and efficacy of sertraline for depression in patients with CHF (SADHART-CHF): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of sertraline for major depression with congestive heart failureWei Jiang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am Heart J 156:437-44. 2008b>Sertraline, a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor, has demonstrated substantial mood improvement in patients with post myocardial infarction or with unstable angina...
- Drug interactions between linezolid and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: case report involving sertraline and review of the literatureDeidre B Clark
Department of Pharmacy, Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:269-76. 2006..woman developed confusion, incoordination, and hypertension after she was given linezolid in addition to sertraline for 5 days. Her symptoms resolved within 4 days of discontinuing linezolid...
- Effects of sertraline on kinematic aspects of hand movements in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderRoland Mergl
Department of Psychiatry, Laboratory of Clinical Neurophysiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 7, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 171:179-85. 2004..Movement disorders such as disturbances of fine motor co-ordination are a frequent phenomenon in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Estradiol-sertraline synergy in ovariectomized ratsStacy L Sell
Center for Addiction Research, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 1031, United States
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:1051-60. 2008..E(2)) modulation of the antidepressant effects of a selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitor (SSRI; sertraline) and a tricyclic antidepressant (imipramine) as measured by the forced swim test (FST) followed by assessment of ..
- Global gene expression in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (fluoxetine and sertraline) reveals unique expression profiles and potential biomarkers of exposureJune Woo Park
Center for Environmental Biotechnology, University of Tennessee, 676 Dabney Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Environ Pollut 167:163-70. 2012..zebrafish (Danio rerio) were exposed (96 h) to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) fluoxetine and sertraline and changes in transcriptomes analyzed by Affymetrix GeneChip Zebrafish Array were evaluated to enhance ..
- The effect of sertraline add-on to brief dynamic psychotherapy for the treatment of postpartum depression: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMiki Bloch
Department of Psychiatry, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman Str, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Psychiatry 73:235-41. 2012..We hypothesized that psychotherapy and concurrent antidepressant treatment would be more effective than psychotherapy alone in the treatment of postpartum depression...
- Serum sertraline and N-desmethylsertraline levels in breast-feeding mother-infant pairsK L Wisner
Division of Pediatric Pharmacology and Critical Care, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:690-2. 1998The authors' goal was to study the serum sertraline levels of breast-feeding mothers and their infants.
- Sertraline to treat hot flashes: a randomized controlled, double-blind, crossover trial in a general populationPaul R Gordon
College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Menopause 13:568-75. 2006To evaluate the effectiveness of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) (sertraline) in decreasing hot flashes in a general population of women.
- CNS Mechanisms of Acute Hypoglycemia-Associate Autonomic FailureDIANNE FIGLEWICZ LATTEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, we will evaluate the effect of the serotonergic agent sertraline (SERT) on the hypoglycemia CRR in diabetic rats, as we have observed enhanced EPI responding in non-diabetic ..
- Rhodiola rosea Therapy of Major Depressive DisorderJun J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..For specific aim #1, we will ask: Is R. rosea a safe and effective short-term therapy (vs. sertraline and placebo) for patients with MDD?" To answer this question, patients meeting DSM IV criteria for mild to ..
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation &Antidepressants: c-Fos, deltaFosB and TrkB ActivationAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2012..by the selective noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor, desipramine, and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, sertraline, (2) use the chronic VNS protocol that has the best effect in the FST to measure its effects on c-Fos, [..
- Brain Markers of Anxiety Disorders and SSRI Treatment in Children and AdolescentsKinh Luan Phan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the context of a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of the SSRI sertraline, a widely-used first-line treatment with a variable response rate (pooled estimate of 63%;range: 55-91%) based ..
- Improving Diagnostics and Neurocognitive Outcomes in HIV/AIDS-related MeningitisDavid R Boulware; Fiscal Year: 2013..neurological, functional, and neurocognitive status in a randomized clinical trial to determine if adjunctive sertraline has antifungal activity and neurocognitive benefit...
- Mast cells, antidepressants and chronic fatigue syndromeTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2007..a) the tricyclic (amitriptyline, imipramine), (b) the selective serotonin uptake inhibitors (fluoxetine, sertraline) and (c) bupropion on secretion of histamine, IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, IL-13, TNF, tryptase and VEGF from normal human ..
- Randomized trial of sertraline treatment of depression in Chronic Kidney DiseaseSUSAN HEDAYATI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Sertraline AntiDepressant Heart Attack Randomized Trial showed benefit of serotonin-selective reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) ..
- Randomized trial of sertraline treatment of depression in Chronic Kidney DiseaseSUSAN HEDAYATI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Sertraline AntiDepressant Heart Attack Randomized Trial showed benefit of serotonin-selective reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) ..
- Neuro-Genetic Markers of SSRI Treatment Response in Social Anxiety DisorderK Luan Phan; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the context of an open-label clinical trial of sertraline, this study proposes to perform pre- and post-treatment fMRI of amygdala reactivity to harsh/negative face ..
- 4/4-Sustaining Remission of Psychotic DepressionAlastair J Flint; Fiscal Year: 2013..The combination of sertraline and olanzapine was significantly more efficacious than olanzapine combined with placebo...
- 2/4-Sustaining Remission of Psychotic DepressionAnthony J Rothschild; Fiscal Year: 2013..The combination of sertraline and olanzapine was significantly more efficacious than olanzapine combined with placebo...
- 1/4-Sustaining Remission of Psychotic DepressionBarnett Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2013..The combination of sertraline and olanzapine was significantly more efficacious than olanzapine combined with placebo...
- 3/4-Sustaining Remission of Psychotic DepressionEllen M Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Structural and Mechanistic Characterization of Neurotransmitter Reuptake InhibitiDANENG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2012..by various drugs and therefore are the primary targets for: antidepressants such as fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), methylphenidate (Ritalin) -a prescription drug commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity ..
- Monoamine Transporter Regulation and Antidepressant ActivityJAMES O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..PKC or PP1/2A inhibition alters the neurochemical and behavioral effects of the NRI desipramine and the SRI sertraline. The completion of the proposed research will elucidate the role of altered NET and SERT expression and function ..
- Placebo Controlled Trial of Sertraline and IPT for Postpartum DepressionScott P Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2012..The aim of this project is to compare the efficacy of three treatment conditions: 1) Pharmacotherapy alone (Sertraline + Clinical Management);2) IPT alone;and 3) Placebo (Pill Placebo + Clinical Management)...
- Treatment Strategy to Prevent Mood Disorders Following Traumatic Brain InjuryRICARDO ESTEBAN JORGE; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this study, we will examine the efficacy of sertraline to prevent the onset of mood and anxiety disorders during the first six months after TBI...
- Placebo Controlled Trial of Sertaline and IPT for Postpartum DepressionCaron Zlotnick; Fiscal Year: 2012..The aim of this project is to compare the efficacy of three treatment conditions: 1) Pharmacotherapy alone (Sertraline + Clinical Management);2) IPT alone;and 3) Placebo (Pill Placebo + Clinical Management)...
- Novel Approaches to Alcoholism Pharmacotherapy and RiskHENRY RICHARD KRANZLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..drinkers, 2) complete data collection, analysis, and report preparation for a placebo-controlled study of sertraline for alcoholism subtypes, and 3) conduct a placebo-controlled trial of topiramate for problem drinkers...
- Combined Mirtazapine and SSRI Treatment of PTSD: A Placebo-Controlled TrialFranklin R Schneier; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this study, 60 patients with civilian PTSD will be randomized to 24 weeks of double-blind treatment with sertraline + mirtazapine versus sertraline + placebo...
- 3/6-Child/Adolescent Anxiety Multimodal Extended Long-Term Study (CAMELS)GOLDA SUSAN GINSBURG; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., CBT, sertraline [SRT], pill placebo, or combined CBT + SRT). CAMS succeeded in randomizing 488 children/adolescents...
- 6/6-Child/Adolescent Anxiety Multimodal Extended Long-Term Study (CAMELS)John C Piacentini; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., CBT, sertraline [SRT], pill placebo, or combined CBT + SRT). CAMS succeeded in randomizing 488 children/adolescents...
- CARDIAC RISK MARKERS AND UNREMITTING DEPRESSION IN ACUTE CORONARY SYNDROMERobert M Carney; Fiscal Year: 2012..gt;50 percent on the BDI-II depression questionnaire by 3 months will continue in CBT but will also be given sertraline at an initial dosage of 50 mg/day...
- Effects of Maintenance Treatment with Olanzapine vs. Placebo on Brain StructureARISTOTLE NICHOLAS VOINESKOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by STOP-PD II: 152 subjects who achieve remission after 12 weeks of acute open treatment with sertraline plus olanzapine and remain stable over the following 8 weeks will be randomized to continuing olanzapine vs...
- 4/6-Child/Adolescent Anxiety Multimodal Extended Long-Term Study (CAMELS)Philip C Kendall; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., CBT, sertraline [SRT], pill placebo, or combined CBT + SRT). CAMS succeeded in randomizing 488 children/adolescents...
- 1/6-Child/Adolescent Anxiety Multimodal Extended Long-Term Study (CAMELS)Anne Marie Albano; Fiscal Year: 2013
- 1/3-Multi-Site - Omega-3 for Co-Morbid Depression &HF Treatment (OCEAN)CHRISTOPHER M O'CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..antidepressants on the market, are considered a safe type of antidepressant for patients with cardiac diseases, sertraline failed to show superiority over placebo in reducing depression or cardiac outcomes in the recently completed, ..
- 2/3-Multi-Site - Omega-3 for Co-Morbid Depression &HF Treatment (OCEAN)David J Whellan; Fiscal Year: 2013..antidepressants on the market, are considered a safe type of antidepressant for patients with cardiac diseases, sertraline failed to show superiority over placebo in reducing depression or cardiac outcomes in the recently completed, ..
- 3/3-Multi-Site - Omega-3 for Co-Morbid Depression &HF Treatment (OCEAN)Kirkwood F Adams; Fiscal Year: 2013..antidepressants on the market, are considered a safe type of antidepressant for patients with cardiac diseases, sertraline failed to show superiority over placebo in reducing depression or cardiac outcomes in the recently completed, ..
- 1/2-Optimizing PTSD TreatmentsNorah C Feeny; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the choice condition, patients will choose between prolonged exposure (PE) and prolonged exposure plus sertraline (PE + SER)...
- 2/2-Optimizing PTSD TreatmentsLori A Zoellner; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the choice condition, patients will choose between prolonged exposure (PE) and prolonged exposure plus sertraline (PE + SER)...
- Improved Dehydration Process for Pharmaceutical Synthesis IIAshok B Shenvi; Fiscal Year: 2012..any organic-water environment for water separation in the synthesis of products such as sildenafil, celecoxib, sertraline, and aprepitant...
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI, or the CombinationTrisha Suppes; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose a randomized, double-blind 16-week acute clinical trial comparing the efficacy and safety of sertraline monotherapy v. lithium monotherapy v...
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI or the CombinationSusan L McElroy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose a randomized, double-blind 16-week acute clinical trial comparing the efficacy and safety of sertraline monotherapy v. lithium monotherapy v...
- Effects of Sertraline on Brain Connectivity in Adolescents with OCDGAIL BERNSTEIN BERNSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..OCD participants will receive 12 weeks of sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), to treat OCD symptoms...
- DIADS-3: An RCT of venlafaxine for depression in ADPaul B Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..AD (dAD), and we have recently published results from a hypothesis-testing randomized controlled trial (RCT) of sertraline for dAD which showed no drug effect. Thus, there is a great need for development of new treatments for dAD...
- COCAINE PHARMACOTHERAPIES FOR COMORBID POPULATIONSThomas Kosten; Fiscal Year: 2003..Trials 1 and 2 are "Bupropion & sertraline for depression and cocaine dependence" including 60 patients each in randomized, placebo controlled 12 week ..
- A Pharmacokinetic Comparison of Sertraline Before and After Bariatric SurgeryKRISTINE JAYNE STEFFEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, a prospective, longitudinal trial is proposed to investigate the pharmacokinetic parameters of sertraline preoperatively and at three and 12 months following RYGBP...
- Cognitive processing therapy for PTSD with co-morbid mild traumatic brain injuryKALOYAN STEFANOV TANEV; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subjects'PTSD symptoms will be assessed at baseline, at regular intervals during CPT and sertraline treatment, and 6 months after completing treatment...
- Frontal hypo perfusion effects on antidepressant outcomes in geriatric depressionWarren D Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..complete clinical, cognitive, and MRI assessments before and after a 12-week open-label antidepressant trial of sertraline. Regional cerebral perfusion will be assessed using arterial spin labeling (ASL) at a) rest, b) during an ..
- Prolonged Exposure vs Sertraline in the Treatment of Inhibitory Deficits in PTSDAILEEN MARIE ECHIVERRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..women with chronic PTSD who receive either 10 weeks of prolonged exposure, a cognitive behavioral therapy, or sertraline, a serotonergic medication...
- M-CPP PET Scanning of Alcoholism:Effects of SertralineMonte Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..One study demonstrated a significant effect of the SSRI sertraline in late-onset (type A) alcoholics, while the other demonstrated efficacy of the 5-HT3-antagonist ondansetron in ..
- R21 Project: St. John's Wort vs. Placebo in OCDKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., drop-out rates in the multi-center trials of fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, and paroxetine were 23%, 24%, 27%, and 20% respectively. There has been considerable worldwide interest in St...
- Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study-2(DIADS-2)Daniel Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2007..study is to determine whether individuals with dAD respond to antidepressant treatment using the medication sertraline in a 12-week randomized, controlled, double blind trial...
- Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study 2 (DIADS-2)Anton Porsteinsson; Fiscal Year: 2007..study is to determine whether individuals with dAD respond to antidepressant treatment using the medication sertraline in a 12-week randomized, controlled, double blind trial...
- Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study 2 (DIADS-2)Constantine Lyketsos; Fiscal Year: 2007..study is to determine whether individuals with dAD respond to antidepressant treatment using the medication sertraline in a 12-week randomized, controlled, double blind trial...
- Depression in Alzheimer's Disease Study 2 (DIADS-2)Lon Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2007
- THYROID AXIS IN MAJOR DEPRESSIONPhilip Ninan; Fiscal Year: 2002..application proposes to systematically examine the value of supplemental triiodothyronine (T3, Cytomel) with sertraline, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) in the treatment of MDD...
- SERTRALINE AND COGNITIVE THERAPY IN DEPRESSED ALCOHOLICSDarlene Moak; Fiscal Year: 1999..In a pilot study of outpatient depressed alcoholics, the SSRI, sertraline, demonstrated a beneficial effect on both depressive symptoms and alcohol consumption...
- ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND NONCARDIAC CHEST PAINFrancis Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study seeks to determine whether the effects of CST can be enhanced by combing it with Sertraline-a psychotropic medication that we have recently found in preliminary research can significantly decrease pain in ..
- Depressoin in Alzheimer's Disease Study-2 (DIADS-2)Jacobo Mintzer; Fiscal Year: 2007
- At-Home Prescription Drug Disposal SystemBADAWI DWEIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..5. Preliminary Design for Phase II Prototype. Focus on designing device prototype for Phase II and product cost analyses to demonstrate feasibility of proposed deactivation device for Phase II scale-up. ..
- PREVENTING DEPRESSION RECURRENCE IN DIABETESPatrick Lustman; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the open-label phase of the study, 262 depressed NIDDM patients will be treated with sertraline; 156 of these patients are expected to achieve recovery from depression and be assigned randomly to continued ..
- TREATMENT OF PEDIATRIC OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDERJohn March; Fiscal Year: 2001..the degree and durability of improvement obtained across six treatment conditions: 3 active treatments, sertraline alone (SER), OCD-specific cognitive behavior therapy (CUT), both SER and CUT (SER + CUT), and 3 control ..
- Use of Chronoamperometry to Measure Extracellular 5 HTAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Time course studies will correlate the time-dependent sertraline-induced changes in SERT density (as measured by quantitative autoradiography) with changes in the ..
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR LIGANDS FOR SPECT IMAGINGHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2001..commonly prescribed antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine, sertraline and paroxetine, modulate 5-HT neurotransmission by blocking the serotonin transporters (SERT)...
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR LIGANDS FOR SPECT IMAGINGHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..commonly prescribed antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine, sertraline and paroxetine, modulate 5-HT neurotransmission by blocking the serotonin transporters (SERT)...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSGraham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- Treatment of Resistant Depression in Adolescents 2Gregory Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSJoan Asarnow; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSDavid Brent; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- EFFECTS OF DEPRESSION TREATMENT ON PLATELET ACTIVATIONLELLAND TOLBERT; Fiscal Year: 2002..in clinical depression, and that pharmacologic treatment with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor sertraline attenuates this increase...