- An olfactory subsystem that mediates high-sensitivity detection of volatile amines
Department of Neurobiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Cell Rep 2:76-88. 2012
..We also show that the dorsal TAAR glomeruli are selectively activated by amines at low concentrations...
- Isotopic labeling of terminal amines in complex samples identifies protein N-termini and protease cleavage products
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 28:281-8. 2010
- Metabolism and biomarkers of heterocyclic aromatic amines in molecular epidemiology studies: lessons learned from aromatic amines
Robert J Turesky
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York 12201, United States
Chem Res Toxicol 24:1169-214. 2011
Aromatic amines and heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAAs) are structurally related classes of carcinogens that are formed during the combustion of tobacco or during the high-temperature cooking of meats...
- Genetic variation in the bioactivation pathway for polycyclic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines in relation to risk of colorectal neoplasia
Epidemiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Carcinogenesis 32:203-9. 2011
..work implicates chemical carcinogens, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAAs) as contributing to the development of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Outcome reporting in industry-sponsored trials of gabapentin for off-label use
S Swaroop Vedula
Center for Clinical Trials, Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 361:1963-71. 2009
..There is good evidence of selective outcome reporting in published reports of randomized trials...
- Biocatalytic asymmetric synthesis of chiral amines from ketones applied to sitagliptin manufacture
Christopher K Savile
Codexis, Incorporated, 200 Penobscot Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Science 329:305-9. 2010
..The resultant biocatalysts showed broad applicability toward the synthesis of chiral amines that previously were accessible only via resolution...
- Gabapentin for the symptomatic treatment of painful neuropathy in patients with diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
JAMA 280:1831-6. 1998
..Pain is the most disturbing symptom of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. As many as 45% of patients with diabetes mellitus develop peripheral neuropathies...
- Review of current guidelines on the care of postherpetic neuralgia
Charles E Argoff
Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Postgrad Med 123:134-42. 2011
- Ultrasensitive detection of amines by a trace amine-associated receptor
Department of Neurobiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
J Neurosci 33:3228-39. 2013
..show that olfactory sensory neurons that express a subset of the TAAR repertoire are preferentially responsive to amines. In addition, neurons expressing specific TAARs, TAAR3 or TAAR4, are highly sensitive and are also broadly tuned-..
- Process considerations for the asymmetric synthesis of chiral amines using transaminases
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Biotechnol Bioeng 108:1479-93. 2011
..This article also points to the interaction between the solutions and the need for a process development strategy based on fundamental principles...
- Gabapentin in traumatic nerve injury pain: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over, multi-center study
Torsten E Gordh
Multidisciplinary Pain Center, Uppsala University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Pain 138:255-66. 2008
..023) and Clinician (p=0.037) Global Impression of Change indicated a better response with gabapentin compared with placebo. Gabapentin was well tolerated. The most common adverse effects were dizziness and tiredness...
- Pharmacological disruption of calcium channel trafficking by the alpha2delta ligand gabapentin
Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3628-33. 2008
- Aromatic amines and cancer
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Oncologia Umana, Torino, Italy
Cancer Causes Control 8:346-55. 1997
Epidemiological evidence on the relation between aromatic amines and cancer risk is reviewed...
- Uptake and translocation mechanisms of cationic amino derivatives functionalized on pristine C60 by lipid membranes: a molecular dynamics simulation study
Laboratoire de Nanomédecine, Imagerie et Thérapeuthique, Universite de Franche Comte, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besancon, 25000 Besancon, France
ACS Nano 5:8571-8. 2011
..Therefore, the lipid bilayer appears to be very selective with respect to the amount of amino groups conjugated with C(60)...
- Dipyrimidine amines: a novel class of chemokine receptor type 4 antagonists with high specificity
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Med Chem 53:8556-68. 2010
..profile around 5, more advanced compounds in the N,N'-(1, 4-phenylenebis(methylene)) dipyrimidin-2-amines series were discovered and shown to possess higher CXCR4 binding potential and specificity than 5...
- Metabolic activation of heterocyclic amines and other procarcinogens in Salmonella typhimurium umu tester strains expressing human cytochrome P4501A1, 1A2, 1B1, 2C9, 2D6, 2E1, and 3A4 and human NADPH-P450 reductase and bacterial O-acetyltransferase
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Higashinari ku, 537 0025, Osaka, Japan
Mutat Res 492:81-90. 2001
..investigated roles of different forms of cytochrome P450 (P450 or CYP) in the metabolic activation of heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and other procarcinogens to genotoxic metabolite(s) in the newly developed umu tester strains Salmonella ..
- Specific effects of surface amines on polystyrene nanoparticles in their interactions with mesenchymal stem cells
Institute of Biophysics, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Biomacromolecules 11:748-53. 2010
..The pronounced difference in the internalization behavior of PS and NPS nanoparticles points to specific interactions of the amino groups on the nanoparticle surface with the endocytosis machinery of the cells...
- Gabapentin for neuropathic cancer pain: a randomized controlled trial from the Gabapentin Cancer Pain Study Group
Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Unit, National Cancer Institute of Milan, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 22:2909-17. 2004
..To determine the analgesic effect of the addition of gabapentin to opioids in the management of neuropathic cancer pain...
- The anti-allodynic effects of amitriptyline, gabapentin, and lidocaine in a rat model of neuropathic pain
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 87:1360-6. 1998
..Finally, the site of action of LDC seems to be primarily in the periphery, and that of GBP is exclusively central, whereas that of AMI seems to have both peripheral and central components...
- Trace amine-associated receptors are olfactory receptors in vertebrates
Stephen D Liberles
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1170:168-72. 2009
..Ligands for mouse TAARs include a number of volatile amines, several of which are natural constituents of mouse urine, a rich source of rodent social cues...
- Cellular and molecular action of the putative GABA-mimetic, gabapentin
Y P Maneuf
Cambridge Biotechnology Ltd, PO Box 230, Cambridge CB2 1XJ, United Kingdom
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:742-50. 2003
- Gabapentin selectively reduces persistent sodium current in injured type-A dorsal root ganglion neurons
Rui Hua Yang
epartment of Occupational and Environmental Health, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, PR China
Pain 143:48-55. 2009
..The results suggest that GBP decreased the amplitude of resonance and abolished the SMPO of A-type DRG neurons through the inhibition of I(NaP), and thus inhibited the SMPO dependent repetitive and bursting firings...
- Treatment of restless legs syndrome with gabapentin: a double-blind, cross-over study
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Neurology 59:1573-9. 2002
..To assess the effects of gabapentin on sensory and motor symptoms in patients with restless legs syndrome (RLS)...
- Analysis of bacterial vaginosis-related amines in vaginal fluid by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Health and Environment, Linkopings Universitet, 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 39:4026-31. 2001
The presence of various amines in vaginal fluid from women with malodorous vaginal discharge has been reported before. The investigations have used several techniques to identify the amines...
- Dedicated olfactory neurons mediating attraction behavior to ammonia and amines in Drosophila
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1321-9. 2013
..neurons (OSNs) and projection neurons (PNs) in Drosophila melanogaster that are highly specific to ammonia and amines, which act as potent attractants...
- Effect of cooking methods on the formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines in chicken and duck breast
G Z Liao
College of Food Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming 650201, PR China
Meat Sci 85:149-54. 2010
Heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAAs), potent mutagens/carcinogens, are pyrolysis formed during the cooking of meat and fish...
- Production of amines in equine cecal contents in an in vitro model of carbohydrate overload
S R Bailey
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, London, UK
J Anim Sci 80:2656-62. 2002
..The products of fermentation that trigger acute laminitis are as yet unknown; however, compounds such as amines might play a role due to their potential vasoactive properties...
- Inhibition of pneumococcal choline-binding proteins and cell growth by esters of bicyclic amines
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Spain
FEBS J 274:364-76. 2007
..These results may open up the possibility of the development of bicyclic amines as new antimicrobials for use against pneumococcal pathologies.
- Implications and mechanism of action of gabapentin in neuropathic pain
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala, 147002, Punjab, India
Arch Pharm Res 36:237-51. 2013
..It may also act on supra-spinal region to stimulate noradrenaline mediated descending inhibition, which contributes to its anti-hypersensitivity action in neuropathic pain...
- Primordial synthesis of amines and amino acids in a 1958 Miller H2S-rich spark discharge experiment
Eric T Parker
Geosciences Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, 8615 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:5526-31. 2011
..A total of 23 amino acids and 4 amines, including 7 organosulfur compounds, were detected in these samples...
- Coating of adenovirus type 5 with polymers containing quaternary amines prevents binding to blood components
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, vvi, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
J Control Release 135:152-8. 2009
..These data indicate that coating Ad5 therapeutics with such polymers will improve blood circulation half-life and deposition at disease sites...
- Inhibition of paclitaxel-induced A-fiber hypersensitization by gabapentin
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 14 Bunkyo machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:735-40. 2006
- Highly enantioselective synthesis of chiral secondary amines by gold(I)/chiral Brønsted acid catalyzed tandem intermolecular hydroamination and transfer hydrogenation reactions
Xin Yuan Liu
Department of Chemistry and Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology of the Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
Org Lett 11:4204-7. 2009
A method for the synthesis of enantiomerically enriched secondary amines with excellent ee values through the tandem intermolecular hydroamination/transfer hydrogenation of alkynes using a "gold(I) complex-chiral Brønsted acid" protocol ..
- Detection of carcinogenic aromatic amines in the urine of non-smokers
Biochemisches Institut für Umweltcarcinogene, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Sci Total Environ 247:81-90. 2000
..Tobacco smoke contains a complex mixture of chemicals including potent carcinogens such as aromatic amines. In the present study the amounts of several freebase aromatic amines including the potent carcinogens 2-..
- Bladder cancer mortality of workers exposed to aromatic amines: a 58-year follow-up
Department of Traumatology, Orthopaedics and Occupational Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1096-9. 2010
We previously investigated bladder cancer risk in a cohort of dyestuff workers who were heavily exposed to aromatic amines from 1922 through 1972...
- Modification by N-acetyltransferase 1 genotype on the association between dietary heterocyclic amines and colon cancer in a multiethnic study
Lesley M Butler
University of California Davis, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Epidemiology, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mutat Res 638:162-74. 2008
- Pharmacokinetics of gabapentin after a single day and at steady state following the administration of gastric-retentive- extended-release and immediate-release tablets: a randomized, open-label, multiple-dose, three-way crossover, exploratory study in hea
Depomed, Inc, 1360 O Brien Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Clin Ther 30:909-16. 2008
..Therefore, conventional sustained formulations would likely result in decreased bioavailability, as the dosage form would pass through the window of absorption before the drug could be completely released...
- Study of neurontin: titrate to effect, profile of safety (STEPS) trial: a narrative account of a gabapentin seeding trial
Samuel D Krumholz
Never Again Consulting LLC, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1100-7. 2011
..Seeding trials, clinical studies conducted by pharmaceutical companies for marketing purposes, have rarely been described in detail...
- Gabapentin dosing for neuropathic pain: evidence from randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials
Department of Neurology, Anesthesiology, and Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Clin Ther 25:81-104. 2003
..Tricyclic antidepressants are considered first-line agents for neuropathic pain, but their use is limited by unwanted side effects and a risk of cardiovascular mortality...
- A comparison of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of pregabalin and gabapentin
Howard N Bockbrader
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:661-9. 2010
..In conclusion, pregabalin appears to have some distinct pharmacokinetic advantages over gabapentin that may translate into an improved pharmacodynamic effect...
- The influence of cationic lipid type on in-vitro release kinetic profiles of antisense oligonucleotide from cationic nanoemulsions
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:248-59. 2008
..Further pharmacokinetic studies are needed to verify our kinetic assumptions and confirm the in-vitro ODN release profile from DOTAP cationic nanoemulsions...
- Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidative cyanation of tertiary amines with molecular oxygen or hydrogen peroxide and sodium cyanide: sp3 C-H bond activation and carbon-carbon bond formation
Shun ichi Murahashi
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1 3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 8531, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 130:11005-12. 2008
Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidative cyanation of tertiary amines with molecular oxygen in the presence of sodium cyanide and acetic acid gives the corresponding alpha-aminonitriles, which are highly useful intermediates for organic synthesis...
- Stearylamine-bearing cationic liposomes kill Leishmania parasites through surface exposed negatively charged phosphatidylserine
Infectious Diseases and Immunology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4, Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700032, India
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:103-10. 2008
..In the present study, we offer detailed insights into the mechanism of action of these liposomes...
- Structural basis for the sequence-dependent effects of platinum-DNA adducts
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:2434-48. 2009
- Effect of systemic and intrathecal gabapentin on allodynia in a new rat model of postherpetic neuralgia
Shao Rui Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brain Res 1042:108-13. 2005
..These data provide complementary new information that gabapentin administered systemically and spinally can effectively relieve tactile allodynia in this animal model of postherpetic neuralgia...
- Gabapentin in the treatment of neuropathic pain
Michael I Bennett
St Gemma s Hospice, Leeds, UK
Palliat Med 18:5-11. 2004
..In patients with neuropathic pain due to cancer, higher response rates might be observed with gabapentin when administered with opioids because of a synergistic interaction...
- In vitro evolution of RNA aptamers recognizing carcinogenic aromatic amines
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital Sainte Justine 3175 Côte Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Que, Canada H3T 1C5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 313:1004-8. 2004
..Among the environmental carcinogens, aromatic amines are known for the fact that they can induce several types of cancers through the formation of so-called DNA ..
- Evaluation of substituted 6-arylquinazolin-4-amines as potent and selective inhibitors of cdc2-like kinases (Clk)
Bryan T Mott
NIH Chemical Genomics Center, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 3370, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:6700-5. 2009
A series of substituted 6-arylquinazolin-4-amines were prepared and analyzed as inhibitors of Clk4. Synthesis, structure-activity relationships and the selectivity of a potent analogue against a panel of 402 kinases are presented...
- Long chain amines and long chain ammonium salts as novel inhibitors of dynamin GTPase activity
Timothy A Hill
Advanced Synthetic Materials Group, Chemistry Building, School Environmental and Life Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:3275-8. 2004
..However, introduction of a hydrophobic collar proximal to the charged site was beneficial to dynamin GTPase inhibitory action. The most potent compound was myristoyl trimethyl ammonium bromide (MTMAB, IC(50) 3.15 microM)...
- Cellular uptake of solid lipid nanoparticles and cytotoxicity of encapsulated paclitaxel in A549 cancer cells
College of Pharmaceutical Science, Zhejiang University, 388 Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou 310058, People s Republic of China
Int J Pharm 348:137-45. 2008
..The PEG and folate modified SLN could enhance the cellular uptake of SLN and the cellular cytotoxicity of drug by the membrane disturb ability of PEG chains on the SLN surface and the improved endocytosis mediated by folate receptor...
- Efficacy of gabapentin in the management of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: a phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial (N00C3)
Ravi D Rao
Department of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 110:2110-8. 2007
..On the basis of these data, a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover, randomized trial was conducted to evaluate the effect of gabapentin on symptoms of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN)...
- Structural analysis of a novel antimutagenic compound, 4-Hydroxypanduratin A, and the antimutagenic activity of flavonoids in a Thai spice, fingerroot (Boesenbergia pandurata Schult.) against mutagenic heterocyclic amines
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS, 1-2 Owashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8686, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 49:3046-50. 2001
..All of them strongly inhibited the N-hydroxylation of Trp-P-2. Thus, the antimutagenic effect of compounds 1-6 was mainly due to the inhibition of the first step of enzymatic activation of heterocyclic amines.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human voltage-gated calcium channel alpha(2)delta-4 subunit
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Spring House, Pennsylvania 19477 0776, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:485-96. 2002
..Whether the alpha(2)delta-4 subunit plays a distinct physiological role in select endocrine tissues remains to be demonstrated...
- Myeloperoxidase-derived 2-chlorohexadecanal forms Schiff bases with primary amines of ethanolamine glycerophospholipids and lysine
Kristin R Wildsmith
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, MO 63104, United States
Chem Phys Lipids 139:157-70. 2006
..These results show novel Schiff base adducts of alpha-Cl-FALDs with primary amines, which may represent an important fate of alpha-Cl-FALDs.
- Increased salivary fluoride concentrations after post-brush fluoride rinsing not reflected in dental plaque
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Caries Res 40:444-8. 2006
..It is concluded that the potentially beneficial effect of not rinsing or fluoride rinsing after tooth brushing is not reflected in an increased fluoride concentration in newly formed dental plaque 6 h after brushing...
- Monofunctional gold nanoparticles prepared via a noncovalent-interaction-based solid-phase modification approach
Nanoscience Technology Center and Department of Chemistry, University of Central Florida, 12424 Research Parkway Suit 400, Orlando, FL 32826, USA
Small 2:1126-9. 2006
- Heterocyclic amines: Mutagens/carcinogens produced during cooking of meat and fish
National Cancer Center, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:290-9. 2004
Research leading to the discovery of a series of mutagenic and carcinogenic heterocyclic amines (HCAs) was inspired by the idea that smoke produced during cooking of food, especially meat or fish, might be carcinogenic...
- Cationic liposomes induce apoptosis through p38 MAP kinase-caspase-8-Bid pathway in macrophage-like RAW264.7 cells
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 79:184-91. 2006
..7 by SA-liposomes was mediated by the MAPK p38 and a caspase-8-dependent Bid-cleavage pathway. Moreover, we found that ROS can contribute intimately to the SA-liposome-induced cell death in RAW264.7...
- Heterocyclic amines and genotype of N-acetyltransferases as risk factors for prostate cancer
P M Rovito
Department of Urology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 8:69-74. 2005
A variety of carcinogenic heterocyclic amines are produced during the cooking of meat at high temperatures. These carcinogens are metabolized by N-acetyltransferases (NAT), which are polymorphic in the population...
- Leishmanicidal activity of stearylamine-bearing liposomes in vitro
Leishmania Group, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta
J Parasitol 87:188-93. 2001
..The cytolytic activity of these liposomes on leishmanial parasites and low toxicity on host macrophages may, thus, find application in the therapy of leishmaniasis...
- Gabapentin in neuropathic pain syndromes: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
M G Serpell
University Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Gartnavel General Hospital, 30 Shelly Court, G12 0YN, Scotland, Glasgow, UK
Pain 99:557-66. 2002
..This study shows that gabapentin reduces pain and improves some quality-of-life measures in patients with a wide range of neuropathic pain syndromes...
- The sigma1 receptor interacts with N-alkyl amines and endogenous sphingolipids
Department of Pharmacology, University Wisconsin Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 609:19-26. 2009
..We found that long alkyl chain primary amines including endogenous amines belonging to the sphingolipid family such as D-erythro-sphingosine and sphinganine ..
- Lysosomal sequestration of amine-containing drugs: analysis and therapeutic implications
Allyn M Kaufmann
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, 2095 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:729-46. 2007
..Some amines can achieve very high concentrations and induce a dramatic expansion (vacuolization) of the compartment...
- Biogenic amines in Rett syndrome: the usual suspects
Jean Christophe Roux
INSERM, U910, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Behav Genet 40:59-75. 2010
..suggesting that there is a direct link between the function of the MECP2 protein and the metabolism of biogenic amines. Biogenic amines appear to have an important role in the pathophysiology of Rett syndrome, for several reasons...
- A muscarinic cholinergic mechanism underlies activation of the central pattern generator for locust flight
University of Leipzig, Institute of Biology II, Talstr 33, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Exp Biol 211:2346-57. 2008
..Furthermore, in addition to octopamine, various other amines including dopamine, tyramine and histamine all induced fictive flight, but not serotonin or the amine-precursor ..
- Biogenic amines modulate olfactory receptor neurons firing activity in Mamestra brassicae
Unité de Phytopharmacie et des Médiateurs Chimiques, INRA Centre de Versailles, F 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
Chem Senses 26:653-61. 2001
The modulatory effects of the biogenic amines octopamine and serotonin on pheromonal receptor neurons of Mamestra brassicae were investigated...
- Spinal gabapentin and antinociception: mechanisms of action
Myung Ha Yoon
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chonnam National University, Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:255-61. 2003
- Comments on the history and importance of aromatic and heterocyclic amines in public health
John H Weisburger
American Health Foundation, 1 Dana Road, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Mutat Res 506:9-20. 2002
The carcinogenic risk of aromatic amines in humans was first discovered when a physician related the occurrence of urinary bladder cancer to the occupation of his patients...
- A self-cleaving DNA enzyme modified with amines, guanidines and imidazoles operates independently of divalent metal cations (M2+)
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver BC, V6T 1Z1, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1638-49. 2009
..cations permits cleavage at significantly higher temperatures than previously observed for DNAzymes with only amines and imidazoles...
- Antihyperalgesic effect of systemic dexmedetomidine and gabapentin in a rat model of monoarthritis
Wei Shi Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Changhai Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Brain Res 1264:57-66. 2009
..These results provide the first identification that co-application of dexmedetomidine and gabapentin may synergistically antagonize inflammatory pain, and this might prove to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritic pain...
- Gabapentin inhibits high-threshold calcium channel currents in cultured rat dorsal root ganglion neurones
K G Sutton
Department of Biology, Pfizer Global R and D, Cambridge Laboratories, Cambridge, CB2 2QB
Br J Pharmacol 135:257-65. 2002
..8. The present study is the first to demonstrate that gabapentin directly mediates inhibition of voltage-gated Ca(2+) influx in DRG neurones, providing a potential means for gabapentin to effectively mediate spinal anti-nociception...
- Chemotherapy-evoked painful peripheral neuropathy: analgesic effects of gabapentin and effects on expression of the alpha-2-delta type-1 calcium channel subunit
Department of Anesthesia, Anesthesia Research Unit, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuroscience 144:714-20. 2007
- omega-Transaminases for the synthesis of non-racemic alpha-chiral primary amines
Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Graz, Heinrichstrasse 28, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Trends Biotechnol 28:324-32. 2010
Optically pure amines are highly valuable products or key intermediates for a vast number of bioactive compounds; however, efficient methods for their preparation are rare...
- Evaluation of fecal mutagenicity and colorectal cancer risk
T M De Kok
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, Netherlands
Mutat Res 463:53-101. 2000
..These include heterocyclic aromatic amines (HCA) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), two exogenous factors that are predominantly ingested as ..
- Gabapentin enhances the analgesic effect of morphine in healthy volunteers
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institut fuer Klinische Pharmakologie, Stuttgart, Germany
Anesth Analg 91:185-91. 2000
..These results and the good tolerability of GBP should favor clinical trials investigating the clinical relevance of the combination of morphine and GBP for treating severe pain...
- The role of genetic polymorphisms in metabolism of carcinogenic heterocyclic aromatic amines
R J Turesky
Division of Chemistry, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Curr Drug Metab 5:169-80. 2004
More than twenty heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAAs) have been identified in grilled meats, fish, poultry, and tobacco smoke condensate. HAAs are carcinogens and induce tumors at multiple sites in experimental laboratory animals...
- Health risks of heterocyclic amines
J S Felton
Biology and Biotechnology Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551 9900, USA
Mutat Res 376:37-41. 1997
..and pyrolysis of protein-rich foods induce the formation of potent mutagenic and carcinogenic heterocyclic amines. These same compounds produce tumors at multiple organ sites in both mice and rats...
- Membrane permeability of trace amines: evidence for a regulated, activity-dependent, nonexocytotic, synaptic release
Mark D Berry
Department of Chemistry, Brandon University, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, R7A 6A9
Synapse 67:656-67. 2013
Both pre- and post-synaptic effects of trace amines have been demonstrated...
- Human exposure to carcinogenic heterocyclic amines and their mutational fingerprints in experimental animals
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Environ Health Perspect 104:497-501. 1996
Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are mutagens/carcinogens to which humans are exposed on almost a daily basis. 2-Amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhlP) is the most abundant of the various carcinogenic HCAs (present at a level of 0...
- Zinc-catalyzed chemoselective reduction of tertiary and secondary amides to amines
Leibniz Institut fur Katalyse e V an der Universitat Rostock, Albert Einstein Strasse 29a, 18059 Rostock, Germany
Chemistry 17:12186-92. 2011
..The presented hydrosilylations proceed with excellent chemoselectivity in the presence of sensitive ester, nitro, azo, nitrile, olefins, and other functional groups, thus making the method attractive for organic synthesis...
- The alpha2delta ligand gabapentin inhibits the Rab11-dependent recycling of the calcium channel subunit alpha2delta-2
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 30:12856-67. 2010
..In contrast, the internalization of α2δ-2 was unaffected by GBP. We conclude that GBP acts by preventing the recycling of α2δ-2 from Rab11-positive recycling endosomes to the plasma membrane...
- 2-Aryl benzimidazoles featuring alkyl-linked pendant alcohols and amines as inhibitors of checkpoint kinase Chk2
Danielle K Neff
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:6467-71. 2007
..These compounds were prepared to examine a potential hydrogen bond interaction with an active site residue and to investigate replacement of a biaryl linker with an aliphatic system in an effort to improve solubility...
- Identification of equine cecal bacteria producing amines in an in vitro model of carbohydrate overload
S R Bailey
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, London, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:2087-93. 2003
..The products of fermentation which trigger acute laminitis are, as yet, unknown; however, vasoactive amines are possible candidates...
- Cadmium alters the biotransformation of carcinogenic aromatic amines by arylamine N-acetyltransferase xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes: molecular, cellular, and in vivo studies
Universite Paris Diderot Paris 7, unité de Biologie Fonctionnelle et Adaptative, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
Environ Health Perspect 118:1685-91. 2010
..Exposure to both Cd and carcinogenic organic compounds, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons or aromatic amines (AAs), is a common environmental problem...
- Once-daily gastroretentive gabapentin for postherpetic neuralgia: integrated efficacy, time to onset of pain relief and safety analyses of data from two phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies
Richard L Rauck
Center for Clinical Research, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 46:219-28. 2013
..Treatment options for postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), a complication of herpes zoster, are commonly unsatisfactory and associated with adverse events...
- Gastroretentive gabapentin (G-GR) formulation reduces intensity of pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)
Christine N Sang
Translational Pain Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin J Pain 29:281-8. 2013
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a once-daily gastroretentive formulation of gabapentin (G-GR; 1800 mg)...
- Effects of dietary amines on the gut and its vasculature
Kenneth J Broadley
Division of Pharmacology, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, King Edward VII Avenue, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
Br J Nutr 101:1645-52. 2009
Trace amines, including tyramine and beta-phenylethylamine (beta-PEA), are constituents of many foods including chocolate, cheeses and wines and are generated by so-called 'friendly' bacteria such as Lactobacillus, Lactococcus and ..
- Simple organic molecules as catalysts for enantioselective synthesis of amines and alcohols
Daniel L Silverio
Department of Chemistry, Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Nature 494:216-21. 2013
..organoboron reagents with imines and carbonyls; the products of the reactions are enantiomerically pure amines and alcohols, which might serve as intermediates in the preparation of biologically active molecules...
- Deactivation of gold(I) catalysts in the presence of thiols and amines--characterisation and catalysis
Paul C Young
Institute of Chemical Sciences, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, United Kingdom
Dalton Trans 42:9645-53. 2013
Thiols and amines, which are common heteroatom nucleophiles in gold-catalysed reactions, are known to dampen the reactivity of gold catalysts...
- Predicting mutagenicity of aromatic amines by various machine learning approaches
Max K Leong
Department of Chemistry, National Dong Hwa University, Shoufeng, Hualien 97401, Taiwan
Toxicol Sci 116:498-513. 2010
Aromatic amines are prevalently used in a wide variety of industries and are ubiquitous in foods and environment...
- Oxidation of tertiary amines by cytochrome p450-kinetic isotope effect as a spin-state reactivity probe
State Key Laboratory of Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces and Department of Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Chemistry 15:8492-503. 2009
..This capability of the N-oxo derivatives of aromatic amines to transfer oxygen to the heme, and thereby generate Cpd I, is in good accord with experimental data previously ..
- Antinociceptive effects of gabapentin & its mechanism of action in experimental animal studies
Fatma Sultan Kilic
Department of Pharmacology, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Medical School, Eskisehir, Turkey
Indian J Med Res 135:630-5. 2012
..Thus, clinical studies have been carried out especially for neuropathic syndroms. This study was undertaken to investigate experimentally whether gabapentin has analgesic effects in mice and rats...
- On the interaction of aliphatic amines and ammonium ions with carboxylic acids in solution and in receptor pockets
Peter I Nagy
Center for Drug Design and Development, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Phys Chem B 116:5425-36. 2012
Association energies of the acetate ion with cationic amines bearing one to three methyl groups were calculated in the range of -14 to -17 kcal/mol in aqueous solution by means of the IEF-PCM method at the CCSD(T)/CBS//MP2/aug-cc-pvdz and ..
- Chiral recognition and kinetic resolution of aromatic amines via supramolecular chiral nanocapsules in nonpolar solvents
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 135:3371-4. 2013
..In addition, kinetic resolution of 1 through enantioselective N-acylation was accomplished with an enantiomeric excess of up to 91%...
- The interaction of gabapentin and N6-(2-phenylisopropyl)-adenosine R-(-)isomer (R-PIA) on mechanical allodynia in rats with a spinal nerve ligation
Jong Yeon Park
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Seoul Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:678-84. 2008
..These results suggest that activation of adenosine A1 receptors at the spinal level is required for the synergistic interaction on the mechanical allodynia...
- N-alkyl-5H-pyrido[4,3-b]indol-1-amines and derivatives as novel urotensin-II receptor antagonists
Oncology CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, 1250 South Collegeville Road, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:4936-9. 2008
..screening of our compound collection led to the discovery of a novel series of N-alkyl-5H-pyrido[4,3-b]indol-1-amines as urotensin-II receptor antagonists...
- Organocatalysis: asymmetric cascade reactions catalysed by chiral secondary amines
School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai, 200237, China
Org Biomol Chem 6:2037-46. 2008
The utilisation of chiral secondary amines as promoters for asymmetric cascade reactions has been subject of intensive research in asymmetric organocatalysis in the past few years...
- Synthesis of 3-(1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)- and 3-(1,2,3-triazol-4-yl)-substituted pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidin-4-amines via click chemistry: potential inhibitors of the Plasmodium falciparum PfPK7 protein kinase
Department of Chemistry, University of Gothenburg, Kemivägen 10 41296 Gothenburg, Sweden
Org Biomol Chem 7:3421-9. 2009
Efficient routes to 3-(1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)- and 3-(1,2,3-triazol-4-yl)pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidin-4-amines using a one-pot two-step reaction are presented...
- Mutagenic potency of food-derived heterocyclic amines
James S Felton
Chemistry, Materials and Life Sciences Directorate, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Mutat Res 616:90-4. 2007
..The other factor of 20 is not clearly understood but is downstream from the oxidation step. The application of QSAR (chemical characteristics) to biological principles related to mutagenesis is explored in this report...
- Boric acid: a highly efficient catalyst for transamidation of carboxamides with amines
Thanh Binh Nguyen
Centre de Recherche de Gif sur Yvette, Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Org Lett 14:3202-5. 2012
A novel method of transamidation of carboxamides with amines using catalytic amounts of readily available boric acid under solvent-free conditions has been developed...
- Specific binding of adamantane drugs and direction of their polar amines in the pore of the influenza M2 transmembrane domain in lipid bilayers and dodecylphosphocholine micelles determined by NMR spectroscopy
Sarah D Cady
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:4274-84. 2011