Genomes and Genes
Summary: A broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic with a very long half-life and high penetrability to meninges, eyes and inner ears.
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular characterization of two high-level ceftriaxone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates detected in Catalonia, SpainJordi Cámara
Microbiology Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge Universitat de Barcelona IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1858-60. 2012....
- Is Neisseria gonorrhoeae initiating a future era of untreatable gonorrhea?: detailed characterization of the first strain with high-level resistance to ceftriaxoneMakoto Ohnishi
National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3538-45. 2011..first Neisseria gonorrhoeae strain (H041) that is highly resistant to the extended-spectrum cephalosporin (ESC) ceftriaxone, the last remaining option for empirical first-line treatment, was isolated...
- High-level cefixime- and ceftriaxone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in France: novel penA mosaic allele in a successful international clone causes treatment failureMagnus Unemo
WHO Collaborating Centre for Gonorrhoea and Other STIs, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1273-80. 2012..the first Neisseria gonorrhoeae strain (H041) highly resistant to the expanded-spectrum cephalosporins (ESCs) ceftriaxone and cefixime, which are the last remaining options for first-line gonorrhea treatment, was isolated in Japan...
- Beta-lactam antibiotics offer neuroprotection by increasing glutamate transporter expressionJeffrey D Rothstein
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Nature 433:73-7. 2005..When delivered to animals, the beta-lactam ceftriaxone increased both brain expression of GLT1 and its biochemical and functional activity...
- Outbreak of dysentery associated with ceftriaxone-resistant Shigella sonnei: First report of plasmid-mediated CMY-2-type AmpC beta-lactamase resistance in S. sonneiI Fei Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Veterans General Hospital Kaohsiung, 386, Ta Chung 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Clin Microbiol 43:2608-12. 2005..report of plasmid-encoded CMY-2-type AmpC beta-lactamase identified among Shigella sonnei isolates resistant to ceftriaxone and obtained after an outbreak of bacillary dysentery in Taiwan...
- Two cases of failed ceftriaxone treatment in pharyngeal gonorrhoea verified by molecular microbiological methodsJohn Tapsall
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for STD, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Med Microbiol 58:683-7. 2009..determinants of Neisseria gonorrhoeae were analysed by molecular methods to verify the failure of ceftriaxone treatment in two cases of pharyngeal gonorrhoea...
- Up-regulation of GLT1 expression increases glutamate uptake and attenuates the Huntington's disease phenotype in the R6/2 mouseB R Miller
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, 1101 East 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Neuroscience 153:329-37. 2008..To test this hypothesis, we administered ceftriaxone, a beta-lactam antibiotic known to elevate GLT1 expression (200 mg/kg, i.p...
- Norfloxacin vs ceftriaxone in the prophylaxis of infections in patients with advanced cirrhosis and hemorrhageJavier Fernandez
IMDM and IDIBAPS, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 131:1049-56; quiz 1285. 2006..This randomized controlled trial was aimed to compare oral norfloxacin vs intravenous ceftriaxone in the prophylaxis of bacterial infection in cirrhotic patients with gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Ceftriaxone compared with sodium penicillin g for treatment of severe leptospirosisThanachai Panaphut
Department of Medicine, Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 36:1507-13. 2003..Hospital (Thailand) was conducted from July 2000 through December 2001 to compare the clinical efficacies of ceftriaxone and sodium penicillin G for the treatment of severe leptospirosis...
- Emergence, spread and characteristics of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates with in vitro decreased susceptibility and resistance to extended-spectrum cephalosporins in SwedenDaniel Golparian
National Reference Laboratory for Pathogenic Neisseria, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 86:454-60. 2010....
- Characterization of plasmids carrying CMY-2 from expanded-spectrum cephalosporin-resistant Salmonella strains isolated in the United States between 1996 and 1998A Carattoli
Laboratory of Bacteriology and Mycology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1269-72. 2002Sequencing of DNA from 15 expanded-spectrum cephalosporin (e.g., ceftriaxone)-resistant Salmonella isolates obtained in the United States revealed that resistance to ceftriaxone in all isolates was mediated by cmy-2...
- Two controlled trials of antibiotic treatment in patients with persistent symptoms and a history of Lyme diseaseM S Klempner
New England Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
N Engl J Med 345:85-92. 2001..It is controversial whether prolonged antibiotic treatment is effective for patients in whom symptoms persist after the recommended antibiotic treatment for acute Lyme disease...
- Is continuous infusion ceftriaxone better than once-a-day dosing in intensive care? A randomized controlled pilot studyJason A Roberts
Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:285-91. 2007To compare the clinical and bacteriological outcome of critically ill patients with sepsis treated by ceftriaxone administered as a once-a-day intermittent bolus dose or by 24 h continuous infusion.
- The spread of CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesG M Rossolini
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Sezione di Microbiologia, Universita di Siena, Siena, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:33-41. 2008..CTX-M-type ESBLs exhibit powerful activity against cefotaxime and ceftriaxone but generally not against ceftazidime, which has important implications for laboratory detection...
- Travel-acquired salmonellosis due to Salmonella Kentucky resistant to ciprofloxacin, ceftriaxone and co-trimoxazole and associated with treatment failureJean Marc Collard
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:190-2. 2007
- Ceftriaxone, a beta-lactam antibiotic, reduces ethanol consumption in alcohol-preferring ratsYoussef Sari
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toledo, Health Science Campus, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 46:239-46. 2011..We hypothesized that because glutamate transporter 1 (GLT1) is responsible for the removal of most extracellular glutamate, up-regulation or activation of GLT1 would attenuate ethanol consumption...
- Ceftriaxone-resistant salmonella infection acquired by a child from cattleP D Fey
Nebraska Public Health Laboratory, and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5400, USA
N Engl J Med 342:1242-9. 2000..Resistance to ceftriaxone and the fluoroquinolones, which are used to treat invasive salmonella infections, is rare in the United States...
- Beta-lactam antibiotic offers neuroprotection in a spinal muscular atrophy model by multiple mechanismsMonica Nizzardo
Dino Ferrari Centre, Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Milan, IRCCS Foundation Cà Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Exp Neurol 229:214-25. 2011..No effective therapy is currently available. It has been suggested that β-lactam antibiotics such as ceftriaxone may offer neuroprotection in motoneuron diseases...
- Ceftriaxone attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal ratsPei Chun Lai
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:69. 2011..HIE induced excessive glutamate release which is not reuptaked by immature astrocytes may induce neuronal damage. Compounds, such as ceftriaxone, that enhance the expression of GLT1 may exert neuroprotective effect in HIE.
- One confirmed and one suspected case of pharyngeal gonorrhoea treatment failure following 500mg ceftriaxone in Sydney, AustraliaPhillip J Read
Sydney Sexual Health Centre, GPO Box 1614, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Sex Health 10:460-2. 2013..We report the cases of two homosexual men, both treated for pharyngeal NG with 500mg intramuscular ceftriaxone, in whom a test of cure 1 week after treatment showed persisting infection...
- Correlation between ceftriaxone resistance of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium and expression of outer membrane proteins OmpW and Ail/OmpX-like protein, which are regulated by BaeR of a two-component systemWensi S Hu
Institute of Biotechnology in Medicine, School of Medical Technology and Engineering, National Yang Ming University, 155, Li Nong St, Sec 2, Peitou, Taipei, Taiwan 112
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3955-8. 2005..in the regulator gene baeR of a two-component system and showed a more-than-fourfold reduction in resistance to ceftriaxone. Complementation analysis suggested an association among the outer membrane proteins OmpW and STM3031, ..
- Antimicrobial resistance and molecular typing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates in Kyoto and Osaka, Japan, 2010 to 2012: intensified surveillance after identification of the first strain (H041) with high-level ceftriaxone resistanceKen Shimuta
National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:5225-32. 2013In 2009, the first high-level ceftriaxone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae strain (H041) was isolated in Kyoto, Japan...
- Association between vancomycin-resistant Enterococci bacteremia and ceftriaxone usageJames A McKinnell
Infectious Disease Clinical Outcomes Research Unit, Division of Infectious Disease, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:718-24. 2012..Animal investigations suggest that ceftriaxone may be associated with VRE proliferation...
- In vitro activity of ertapenem versus ceftriaxone against Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates with highly diverse ceftriaxone MIC values and effects of ceftriaxone resistance determinants: ertapenem for treatment of gonorrhea?Magnus Unemo
WHO Collaborating Centre for Gonorrhoea and Other STIs, National Reference Laboratory for Pathogenic Neisseria, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:3603-9. 2012..We investigated the in vitro activity of ertapenem, relative to ceftriaxone, against N. gonorrhoeae isolates and the effects of ESC resistance determinants on ertapenem...
- Reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone in Neisseria gonorrhoeae is associated with mutations G542S, P551S and P551L in the gonococcal penicillin-binding protein 2David M Whiley
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, Children s Health Service District, Queensland, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1615-8. 2010..In this study, we examined an association between reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone and additional mutations in gonococcal PBP2.
- Peroral ciprofloxacin therapy impairs the generation of a protective immune response in a mouse model for Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium diarrhea, while parenteral ceftriaxone therapy does notKathrin Endt
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule, Zurich, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2295-304. 2012..os treatment with ciprofloxacin (15 mg/kg of body weight intragastrically 2 times/day, 5 days) or parenteral ceftriaxone (50 mg/kg intraperitoneally, 5 days), two common drugs used in human patients...
- Selective dysfunction of hippocampal CA1 astrocytes contributes to delayed neuronal damage after transient forebrain ischemiaYi Bing Ouyang
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:4253-60. 2007..Similar changes were not observed in DG astrocytes. Upregulation of GLT-1 expression in astrocytes with ceftriaxone protected CA1 neurons from forebrain ischemia...
- Enhanced gonococcal antimicrobial surveillance in the era of ceftriaxone resistance: a real-time PCR assay for direct detection of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae H041 strainNamraj Goire
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, Children s Health Service District, Queensland, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:902-5. 2012..In this study we developed a real-time PCR assay for direct detection of the H041 strain...
- Genetics of chromosomally mediated intermediate resistance to ceftriaxone and cefixime in Neisseria gonorrhoeaeShuqing Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3744-51. 2009All strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae with reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone and cefixime (cephalosporin-intermediate-resistant [Ceph(i)] strains) contain a mosaic penA allele encoding penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2) with nearly ..
- Safety and pharmacokinetics of subcutaneous ceftriaxone administered with or without recombinant human hyaluronidase (rHuPH20) versus intravenous ceftriaxone administration in adult volunteersGeorge Harb
Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Deerfield, IL, USA george
Curr Med Res Opin 26:279-88. 2010..To compare pharmacokinetics and safety of recombinant human hyaluronidase (rHuPH20)-facilitated subcutaneous (SC) ceftriaxone administration versus SC ceftriaxone preceded by SC saline placebo or intravenous (IV) ceftriaxone ..
- Toll-like receptor 2-deficient mice are highly susceptible to Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis because of reduced bacterial clearing and enhanced inflammationHakim Echchannaoui
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Research, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 186:798-806. 2002..With ceftriaxone therapy, none of the wt but 27% of the TLR2(-/-) mice died (P<.04)...
- Spinal upregulation of glutamate transporter GLT-1 by ceftriaxone: therapeutic efficacy in a range of experimental nervous system disordersK M Ramos
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Neuroscience 169:1888-900. 2010..The present studies explored whether daily intrathecal treatment of rats with ceftriaxone, a beta-lactam antibiotic that upregulates GLT-1 expression, could prevent development of hyperalgesia and ..
- Analysis of Salmonella enterica with reduced susceptibility to the third-generation cephalosporin ceftriaxone isolated from U.S. cattle during 2000-2004Jonathan G Frye
Bacterial Epidemiology and Antimicrobial Resistance Research Unit, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Athens, Georgia 30605, USA
Microb Drug Resist 14:251-8. 2008..susceptibility (minimum inhibitory concentration [MIC] >32 microg/ml) to the third-generation cephalosporin ceftriaxone. The majority of these were serotypes Newport (58) and Agona (14), some of which were genetically ..
- Induction of Nrf2 and xCT are involved in the action of the neuroprotective antibiotic ceftriaxone in vitroJan Lewerenz
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurochem 111:332-43. 2009..The antibiotic ceftriaxone was recently reported to induce excitatory amino acid transporter 2 and to prolong the survival of mutant ..
- Ceftriaxone-induced acute reversible encephalopathy in a patient treated for a urinary tract infectionR Roncon-Albuquerque
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Porto, Hospital S Joao, Porto, Portugal
Neth J Med 67:72-5. 2009..with generalised triphasic waves in a patient with pre-existent cerebrovascular disease who was treated with ceftriaxone for a urinary tract infection...
- Ceftaroline versus ceftriaxone in a highly penicillin-resistant pneumococcal pneumonia rabbit model using simulated human dosingDelphine Croisier-Bertin
Infectious Diseases Laboratory, University Hospital, Dijon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3557-63. 2011..This study investigated the in vivo efficacy of a 48-hour simulated human dose regimen of CPT compared with ceftriaxone (CRO) against isolates of S...
- Comparison of the effects of macrolides, amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, doxycycline, tobramycin and fluoroquinolones, on the production of pneumolysin by Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitroR Anderson
Medical Research Council MRC Unit for Inflammation and Immunity, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, and Tshwane Academic Division of the National Health Laboratory Service, South Africa
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1155-8. 2007To compare the effects of subinhibitory concentrations of amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin, clindamycin, ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, tobramycin and doxycycline on pneumolysin production ..
- Pilot study of ampicillin-ceftriaxone combination for treatment of orthopedic infections due to Enterococcus faecalisG Euba
Infectious Diseases Department, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4305-10. 2009..The ampicillin-ceftriaxone combination has recently been accepted as alternative therapy for enterococcal endocarditis...
- Association between ceftiofur use and isolation of Escherichia coli with reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone from fecal samples of dairy cowsLesley A Tragesser
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:1696-700. 2006To estimate the association between ceftiofur use and the isolation of Escherichia coli with reduced ceftriaxone susceptibility from fecal samples of dairy cow populations.
- Development of an experimental model of induced bacterial peritonitis in cirrhotic rats with or without ascitesElisabet Sánchez
Liver Unit, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1230-6. 2007..Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP) is a severe complication of cirrhotic patients associated with a high mortality...
- Analysis of mutations within multiple genes associated with resistance in a clinical isolate of Neisseria gonorrhoeae with reduced ceftriaxone susceptibility that shows a multidrug-resistant phenotypeMasatoshi Tanaka
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Jonan ku, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 27:20-6. 2006A Neisseria gonorrhoeae strain with a reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone (minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) = 0.5 microg/mL) was isolated among 398 clinical isolates obtained from 2000-2001 in Fukuoka City, Japan. The N...
- First neisseria gonorrhoeae genotyping analysis in france: identification of a strain cluster with reduced susceptibility to CeftriaxoneLaura Monfort
Institut Alfred Fournier, 25 boulevard Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:3540-5. 2009..in many countries, comprised isolates (14/16) resistant to ciprofloxacin and with reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone. Thus, the surveillance of resistance to antibiotics is a priority in order to adapt treatment and decrease the ..
- A beta-lactam antibiotic dampens excitotoxic inflammatory CNS damage in a mouse model of multiple sclerosisNico Melzer
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3149. 2008..pathways to dampen excitotoxic inflammatory CNS damage, we assessed the effects of a beta-lactam antibiotic, ceftriaxone, reported to enhance expression of glial EAAT2, in "Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein" (MOG)-induced EAE...
- Various penA mutations together with mtrR, porB and ponA mutations in Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates with reduced susceptibility to cefixime or ceftriaxoneSang Guk Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:669-75. 2010..To examine mutations within the penA, mtrR, porB, ponA and pilQ genes of Neisseria gonorrhoeae to determine their contribution to cephalosporin resistance...
- Interleukin-10/Ceftriaxone prevents E. coli-induced delays in sensorimotor task learning and spatial memory in neonatal and adult Sprague-Dawley ratsK L Wallace
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of MS Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216, United States
Brain Res Bull 81:141-8. 2010..Both interleukin-10 (IL-10) and Ceftriaxone have been shown to decrease immune system activation and increase memory capacity, respectively...
- Threat to cefixime treatment for gonorrheaShigeaki Yokoi
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1275-7. 2007
- Analysis of amino acid sequences of penicillin-binding protein 2 in clinical isolates of Neisseria gonorrhoeae with reduced susceptibility to cefixime and ceftriaxoneKazuyoshi Osaka
Research Laboratories, Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd, 2 4 1 Shimookui, Toyama 930 8508, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:195-203. 2008Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains with reduced susceptibility to cefixime and ceftriaxone, with minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of cefixime of 0.125-0.25 microg/ml and ceftriaxone of 0.031-0...
- Molecular and structural analysis of mosaic variants of penicillin-binding protein 2 conferring decreased susceptibility to expanded-spectrum cephalosporins in Neisseria gonorrhoeae: role of epistatic mutationsJoshua Tomberg
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7365, USA
Biochemistry 49:8062-70. 2010..encoded by mosaic penA alleles are crucial for intermediate resistance to the expanded-spectrum cephalosporins ceftriaxone and cefixime in Neisseria gonorrhoeae...
- The beta-lactam antibiotic, ceftriaxone, dramatically improves survival, increases glutamate uptake and induces neurotrophins in strokeChrista Thone-Reineke
Center for Cardiovascular Research CCR Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Hypertens 26:2426-35. 2008b>Ceftriaxone has been reported to reduce neuronal damage in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and in an in-vitro model of neuronal ischaemia through increased expression and activity of the glutamate transporter, GLT1...
- Persistence of borrelial DNA in the joints of Borrelia burgdorferi-infected mice after ceftriaxone treatmentHeta Yrjänäinen
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Turku, Finland
APMIS 118:665-73. 2010We have earlier shown that Borrelia burgdorferi-infected and ceftriaxone-treated mice have viable spirochetes in their body, since immunosuppressive treatment allows B. burgdorferi to be detected by culture...
- Increasing spectrum in antimicrobial resistance of Shigella isolates in Bangladesh: resistance to azithromycin and ceftriaxone and decreased susceptibility to ciprofloxacinMahbubur Rahman
Laboratory Sciences Division, ICDDR, B GPO Box 128, Dhaka 1000 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
J Health Popul Nutr 25:158-67. 2007..3%, intermediate 3%), and to emergence of resistance to azithromycin (resistance 16%, intermediate 62%) and ceftriaxone/cefixime (2%) were detected in 2001-2002...
- Successful treatment of Lyme encephalopathy with intravenous ceftriaxoneE L Logigian
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Infect Dis 180:377-83. 1999The efficacy of intravenous ceftriaxone, 2 g per day for 30 days, was evaluated in a case series of 18 consecutive patients who met strict criteria for Lyme encephalopathy...
- Anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha treatment activates Borrelia burgdorferi spirochetes 4 weeks after ceftriaxone treatment in C3H/He miceHeta Yrjänäinen
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Turku, Turku, 20520, Finland
J Infect Dis 195:1489-96. 2007The effect of anti-tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha treatment in Borrelia burgdorferi-infected and ceftriaxone-treated C3H/He mice was evaluated.
- Intravenous ceftriaxone compared with oral doxycycline for the treatment of Lyme neuroborreliosisRebecca Borg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 37:449-54. 2005..was conducted to compare the kinetics of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) mononuclear cell count after 10-14 d of ceftriaxone or doxycycline for treatment of Lyme neuroborreliosis...
- High rate of reduced susceptibility to ciprofloxacin and ceftriaxone among nontyphoid Salmonella clinical isolates in AsiaHao Yuan Lee
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2696-9. 2009..enterica serotype Choleraesuis (68.8%) and S. Virchow (75.0%) from all countries. Reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone (MIC, 2 to 8 microg/ml) remained uncommon in Asia, except in Taiwan (38.0%) or in S. Typhimurium (25...
- Linezolid versus ceftriaxone/cefpodoxime in patients hospitalized for the treatment of Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumoniaGerry S San Pedro
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 34:720-8. 2002..v.) to oral linezolid (600 mg twice daily for both, with optional aztreonam) and a cephalosporin regimen (i.v. ceftriaxone 1 g twice daily followed by oral cefpodoxime 200 mg twice daily) were compared for the treatment of community-..
- Integrated analysis of FOCUS 1 and FOCUS 2: randomized, doubled-blinded, multicenter phase 3 trials of the efficacy and safety of ceftaroline fosamil versus ceftriaxone in patients with community-acquired pneumoniaThomas M File
Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy, Rootstown, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:1395-405. 2010..Ceftaroline was evaluated for the treatment of CAP in 2 randomized, double-blind, multicenter trials: Ceftaroline Community Acquired Pneumonia Trial versus Ceftriaxone in Hospitalized Patients (FOCUS) 1 and FOCUS 2.
- Reduced release of pneumolysin by Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitro and in vivo after treatment with nonbacteriolytic antibiotics in comparison to ceftriaxoneAnnette Spreer
Department of Neurology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2649-54. 2003..cultures and in a rabbit meningitis model, the concentrations of pneumolysin in supernatant and CSF were lower after addition of nonbacteriolytic bactericidal antibiotics (rifampin and clindamycin) than after incubation with ceftriaxone.
- Nurse-led management of uncomplicated cellulitis in the community: evaluation of a protocol incorporating intravenous ceftriaxoneR Andrew Seaton
Outpatient and Home Parenteral Antibiotic Service, Brownlee Centre Infection Unit, Gartnavel General Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0YN, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:764-7. 2005..v.) antibiotic therapy. Patients were all managed through an outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT) service. Those with cellulitis were compared pre- and post-intervention...
- Surgical infections after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: ceftriaxone vs ceftazidime antibiotic prophylaxis. A prospective studySergio Colizza
Department of General Surgery, Fatebenefratelli Isola Tiberina, Rome, Italy
Chir Ital 56:397-402. 2004..report the results of a prospective study of antibiotic prophylaxis in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, comparing ceftriaxone vs ceftazidime...
- Ceftriaxone pharmacokinetics in interleukin-10-treated murine pneumococcal pneumoniaErjian Wang
Research Center for Infectious Diseases, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:721-6. 2005..to reduce pulmonary inflammation and to prevent septicaemia in murine pneumococcal pneumonia treated with ceftriaxone. In the present report, we investigated the influence of pulmonary infection and IL-10 administration on the ..
- Ceftriaxone: an update of its use in the management of community-acquired and nosocomial infectionsHarriet M Lamb
Adis International Limited, 41 Centorian Drive, PB 65901, Mairangi Bay, Auckland 10, New Zealand
Drugs 62:1041-89. 2002b>Ceftriaxone is a parenteral third-generation cephalosporin with a long elimination half-life which permits once-daily administration...
- In vitro activity, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, safety and pharmacoeconomics of ceftriaxone compared with third and fourth generation cephalosporins: reviewH Bijie
Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai 200932, China
J Chemother 17:3-24. 2005..b>Ceftriaxone, a third generation cephalosporin, is unique in exhibiting an unusually long elimination half-life that allows ..
- Oral doxycycline versus intravenous ceftriaxone for European Lyme neuroborreliosis: a multicentre, non-inferiority, double-blind, randomised trialUnn Ljøstad
Department of Neurology, Sørlandet Hospital HF, Kristiansand, Norway
Lancet Neurol 7:690-5. 2008Use of intravenous penicillin and ceftriaxone to treat Lyme neuroborreliosis is well documented, although oral doxycycline could be a cost-effective alternative...
- Diversity of penA alterations and subtypes in Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains from Sydney, Australia, that are less susceptible to ceftriaxoneDavid M Whiley
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital and Health Service District, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3111-6. 2007Increasing numbers of Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains with decreased susceptibilities to ceftriaxone and other oral cephalosporins widely used for the treatment of gonorrhea have been isolated in Sydney, Australia, over several years...
- New approach to the management of Clostridium difficile infection: colonisation with non-toxigenic C. difficile during daily ampicillin or ceftriaxone administrationMichelle M Merrigan
Research Service, Edward Hines Jr Veterans Affairs Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 33:S46-50. 2009..difficile to colonise hamsters during administration of an antibiotic to which the organisms are resistant - ceftriaxone - and an antibiotic to which they are susceptible - ampicillin - and to determine if non-toxigenic colonisation ..
- A proteomic approach to study Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium putative transporter YjeH associated with ceftriaxone resistanceWensi S Hu
Institute of Biotechnology in Medicine, School of Medical Technology and Engineering, National Yang Ming University, 155, Li Nong St, Sec 2, Peitou, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:694-9. 2007..inserted in the putative transporter gene yjeH and shows a more-than-fourfold reduction in resistance to ceftriaxone. In this report we have used proteomic analysis to compare outer membrane protein profiles between this mutant ..
- A randomised, double-blind trial comparing ceftobiprole medocaril with ceftriaxone with or without linezolid for the treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia requiring hospitalisationSusan C Nicholson
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Scientific Affairs LLC, Titusville, NJ, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:240-6. 2012..severe enough to require hospitalisation were randomised to ceftobiprole or to an expert-recommended course of ceftriaxone ± linezolid (comparator group)...
- In vitro activity effects of twelve antibiotics alone and in association against twenty-seven Enterococcus faecalis strains isolated from Italian patients with infective endocarditis: high in vitro synergistic effect of the association ceftriaxone-fosfomyC Farina
UOC Microbiologia e Virologia, AO Ospedale San Carlo Borromeo, Milano, Italia
Chemotherapy 57:426-33. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro activity of 12 antibiotics alone and in association against 27 strains of E. faecalis isolated from blood cultures of patients with infective endocarditis...
- A retrospective comparison of ceftriaxone versus oxacillin for osteoarticular infections due to methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusBrent W Wieland
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:585-90. 2012..b>Ceftriaxone can be dosed once daily and is less expensive for outpatient therapy than oxacillin...
- Efficacy of ampicillin plus ceftriaxone in treatment of experimental endocarditis due to Enterococcus faecalis strains highly resistant to aminoglycosidesJ Gavalda
Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:639-46. 1999The purpose of this work was to evaluate the in vitro possibilities of ampicillin-ceftriaxone combinations for 10 Enterococcus faecalis strains with high-level resistance to aminoglycosides (HLRAg) and to assess the efficacy of ..
- Ceftriaxone-induced hemolysis in a child with Lyme arthritis: a case for antimicrobial stewardshipSarah R Boggs
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital of The King s Daughters and Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23508, USA
Pediatrics 128:e1289-92. 2011..We report here the case of a young girl treated with intravenous ceftriaxone who subsequently developed drug-induced autoimmune hemolytic anemia and renal failure...
- Cefixime and ceftriaxone susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Italy from 2006 to 2010A Carannante
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 18:558-64. 2012..12 mg/L) and CLSI 2008 (MIC R >0.25 mg/L) criteria. All isolates showed full susceptibility to ceftriaxone, whereas those with a MIC for cefixime ≥0.125 mg/L were on the increase from 2008 through 2010...
- Occurrence of ceftriaxone-resistant commensal bacteria on a dairy farm and a poultry farmHua Yang
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Can J Microbiol 52:942-50. 2006..and manure slurry were collected from two animal research farms (one dairy and one poultry) and analyzed for ceftriaxone-resistant bacteria...
- Ceftriaxone and ciprofloxacin restriction in an intensive care unit: less incidence of Acinetobacter spp. and improved susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosaJulio César Medina Presentado
Cátedra de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
Rev Panam Salud Publica 30:603-9. 2011To determine whether restricting the use of ceftriaxone and ciprofloxacin could significantly reduce colonization and infection with resistant Gram-negative bacilli (r-GNB).
- Activity of ceftobiprole against Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates exhibiting high-level resistance to ceftriaxoneTodd A Davies
Janssen Research and Development, 1000 Route 202, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:534-8. 2012..the US Today (TRUST) 2008 surveillance data showed that 6% of Streptococcus pneumoniae were non-susceptible to ceftriaxone [minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) ≥ 2 μg/mL] and that 8% of the ceftriaxone-non-susceptible isolates ..
- Bovine intestinal bacteria inactivate and degrade ceftiofur and ceftriaxone with multiple beta-lactamasesR Doug Wagner
Microbiology Division, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4990-8. 2011..A subset of ceftiofur degraders also degraded the chemically similar drug ceftriaxone. Most of the species of bacteria that degraded ceftiofur belonged to the genera Bacillus and Bacteroides...
- Indications for a ceftriaxone dosing regimen in Japanese paediatric patients using population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analysis and simulationSatofumi Iida
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:65-72. 2011The objective of this study was to build a ceftriaxone population pharmacokinetic model for Japanese paediatric patients and to examine the dosing regimen of ceftriaxone based on pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) analysis.
- Formulation and in vitro evaluation of a PEGylated microscopic lipospheres delivery system for ceftriaxone sodiumA A Attama
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria
Drug Deliv 16:448-57. 2009The aim of this study was to formulate and evaluate in vitro, ceftriaxone sodium lipospheres dispersions for oral administration...
- Treatment of severe malnutrition with 2-day intramuscular ceftriaxone vs 5-day amoxicillinChristine Dubray
Epicentre, Paris, France
Ann Trop Paediatr 28:13-22. 2008..Sudan, a randomised, unblinded, superiority-controlled trial was conducted, comparing once daily intramuscular injection with ceftriaxone for 2 days with oral amoxicillin twice daily for 5 days in children aged 6-59 months with SAM.
- [Clinical courses of acute and chronic neuroborreliosis following treatment with ceftriaxone]R Kaiser
Neurologische Klinik, Städtisches Klinikum Pforzheim
Nervenarzt 75:553-7. 2004..pleocytosis in the CSF, and elevated Borrelia burgdorferi-specific antibody indices) were treated with 2 g of ceftriaxone per day for either 2 or 3 weeks...
- Reversible choreoathetosis after the administration of ceftriaxone sodium in patients with end-stage renal diseaseYoshinori Sato
Division of Nephrology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Med Sci 340:382-4. 2010..of its long half-life and easy penetration into the cerebrospinal fluid, the third generation cephalosporin, ceftriaxone (CTRX), is often chosen to treat patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Ceftriaxone therapy for staphylococcal osteomyelitis: a reviewB J Guglielmo
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0622, USA
Clin Infect Dis 30:205-7. 2000b>Ceftriaxone, although less active than standard antistaphylococcal agents, is potentially useful in the treatment of osteomyelitis...
- Success of ampicillin plus ceftriaxone rescue therapy for a relapse of Enterococcus faecalis native-valve endocarditis and in vitro data on double beta-lactam activityJose M Miro
Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Clinic, Helios Building, Desk no 26, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Infect Dis 40:968-72. 2008..The relapse was cured with ampicillin plus ceftriaxone, which was introduced after gentamicin-induced acute renal failure...
- Synergy between trovafloxacin and ceftriaxone against penicillin-resistant pneumococci in the rabbit meningitis model and in vitroP Cottagnoud
Department of Internal Medicine, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2179-81. 2000..37 +/- 0.15 Delta log(10) CFU/ml. h), vancomycin (-0.32 +/- 0.12 Delta log(10) CFU/ml. h), and ceftriaxone (-0.36 +/- 0.19 Delta log(10) CFU/ml...
- Treatment of neurosyphilis with ceftriaxoneS Shann
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Sex Transm Infect 79:415-6. 2003..Other than doxycycline, which penetrates the CNS, there are few alternatives for the treatment of neurosyphilis. We report a case of successful treatment of symptomatic neurosyphilis with parenteral ceftriaxone.
- A comparison of two treatment regimens of ceftriaxone in late Lyme diseaseRaymond J Dattwyler
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:393-7. 2005..The optimal duration of treatment for patients with late Lyme disease is unresolved...
- Tetracycline derivatives and ceftriaxone, a cephalosporin antibiotic, protect neurons against apoptosis induced by ionizing radiationT Tikka
A.I. Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
J Neurochem 78:1409-14. 2001..effects and are protective against brain ischemia, we studied whether minocycline and doxycycline or ceftriaxone, a cephalosporin antibiotic with the potential to inhibit excitotoxicity, protect neurons against ionizing ..
- Once-daily cefepime versus ceftriaxone for nursing home-acquired pneumoniaJoseph A Paladino
CPL Associates, LLC, Amherst, Buffalo, NY 14226, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:651-7. 2007To compare once-daily intramuscular cefepime with ceftriaxone controls.
- Rifampin followed by ceftriaxone for experimental meningitis decreases lipoteichoic acid concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid and reduces neuronal damage in comparison to ceftriaxone aloneJoachim Gerber
Department of Neurology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1313-7. 2003Rifampin (RIF) releases smaller quantities of lipoteichoic acids (LTAs) from Streptococcus pneumoniae than ceftriaxone (CRO)...
- The pharmacokinetics of once-daily dosing of ceftriaxone in critically ill patientsG M Joynt
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sha Tin, Hong Kong, China
J Antimicrob Chemother 47:421-9. 2001The aim of this study was to determine the pharmacokinetic profile of the normal recommended dose of ceftriaxone in critically ill patients and to establish whether the current daily dosing recommendation maintains plasma concentrations ..
- Identification of Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica organisms with reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone from fecal samples of cows in dairy herdsLuke C Heider
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 70:389-93. 2009To estimate the relationship between therapeutic use of ceftiofur and recovery of Escherichia coli and Salmonella spp with reduced susceptibility to ceftriaxone from feces of dairy cattle.
- Ceftriaxone-related hemolysis and acute renal failureErkan Demirkaya
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 21:733-6. 2006A 5-year-old girl with no underlying immune deficiency or hematologic disease was treated with a combination of ceftriaxone and ampicilline-sulbactam for pneumonia...
- [Evaluation of the efficacy of ceftriaxone in acute suppurative otitis media and acute exacerbation of chronic suppurative otitis media. A comparative study with cefotiam as the control]S Baba
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Nagoya City University
Jpn J Antibiot 42:212-47. 1989In order to objectively evaluate the efficacy and the safety of ceftriaxone (CTRX) using once daily administration of 1 g to cases of acute suppurative otitis media and acute exacerbation of chronic suppurative otitis media, a group ..
- Clarithromycin alone and in combination with ceftriaxone inhibits the production of pneumolysin by both macrolide-susceptible and macrolide-resistant strains of Streptococcus pneumoniaeR Anderson
Medical Research Council Unit for Inflammation and Immunity, Department of Immunology, University of Pretoria and Tshwane Academic Division of the National Health Laboratory Service, Pretoria, South Africa
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:224-9. 2007To investigate the effects of clarithromycin (0.01-0.5 mg/L) alone or in combination with ceftriaxone (0.1 and 0...
- DRESS like severe drug rash with eosinophilia, atypic lymphocytosis and fever secondary to ceftriaxoneFusun Zeynep Akcam
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
J Infect 53:e51-3. 2006We report a case in a 50-year-old male who had been treated with ceftriaxone for 3 weeks to treat meningitis...
- Quinolone treatment for pediatric bacterial meningitis: a comparative study of trovafloxacin and ceftriaxone with or without vancomycinXavier Saez-Llorens
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:14-22. 2002..Trovafloxacin is a new fluoroquinolone that exhibits good penetration into the central nervous system and excellent antimicrobial activity against common meningeal pathogens, including beta-lactam-resistant pneumococci...
- Postneurosurgical meningitis due to Proteus penneri with selection of a ceftriaxone-resistant isolate: analysis of chromosomal class A beta-lactamase HugA and its LysR-type regulatory protein HugRNadia Liassine
Central Laboratory of Bacteriology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:216-9. 2002We report on a case of a postneurosurgical meningitis due to ceftriaxone-susceptible Proteus penneri, with selection of a ceftriaxone-resistant isolate following treatment with ceftriaxone...
- The expression levels of outer membrane proteins STM1530 and OmpD, which are influenced by the CpxAR and BaeSR two-component systems, play important roles in the ceftriaxone resistance of Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumWensi S Hu
Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, School of Biomedical Science and Engineering, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3829-37. 2011..STM1530, and AcrD protein levels and significant decreases in OmpC and OmpD protein levels are present when the ceftriaxone-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium R200 strain is compared with the ceftriaxone-susceptible ..
- Pediatric ceftriaxone nephrolithiasisPatricio C Gargollo
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 173:577-8. 2005
- Ceftriaxone use in the emergency department: are we doing it right?Shabnam Jain
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 18:259-64. 2002To evaluate the patterns of ceftriaxone use in an urban pediatric emergency department (PED) and to determine if overuse exists based on published guidelines for management of febrile infants.
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for Neisseria gonorrhoeae STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2012..worrisome are recent reports of strains expressing decreased susceptibility or resistance to ceftriaxone. A critical obstacle to reducing the incidence of GC is the lack of an inexpensive, nucleic acid (NA)-based ..
- A Novel Drug for Septicemia Targets A1 ARsConstance Neely Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..anti-sepsis treatment after CLP in "severely ill but not moribund" animals, a broad spectrum antimicrobial, ceftriaxone, will be used to cover Gram-negative and Gram-positive aerobic bacteria in combination with clindamycin to ..
- Cell wall synthesis enzymes and beta-lactam resistance in Enterococcus faeciumLouis B Rice; Fiscal Year: 2013..combination and have discovered that deletion of PbpF and PonA results in a heterogeneous susceptibility to ceftriaxone (suggesting that Pbp5 coordinated with either of these class A Pbps to confer resistance to ceftriaxone), from ..
- Beta-lactam chemical probes for GLT-1 transporter-related pathologiesScott M Rawls; Fiscal Year: 2010..understand the biology of glutamate transporter subtype 1 (GLT-1) upon activation by the b-lactam antibiotic ceftriaxone (CTX) and to investigate the impact of GLT-1 transporter activation in preclinical models of glutamate-related ..
- Characterizing Beta Lactams as Neuroprotectants for Amyotrophic Lateral SclerosisJeffrey D Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally one beta-lactam, ceftriaxone, can delay loss of muscle strength and increase survival in the ALS transgenic mouse model-even when given at ..
- Clavulanic acid: a potential abuse-deterrent and CNS-active therapeuticScott M Rawls; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The b-lactam antibiotic ceftriaxone (CTX) displays surprising anti-glutamate effects. This has led to its identification as a promising candidate to treat CNS diseases...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2013..gonococcal infections and, after the recent withdrawal of fluoroquinolones, the expanded-spectrum cephalosporin ceftriaxone is now the only single-dose treatment recommended by the CDC in the U.S. Unfortunately, new strains of N...
- Ethanol Dependence, Drinking &Mechanisms Regulating Accumbal Glutamate ActivityVorani Ramachandra; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 will involve examining the effects of administering the beta-lactam antibiotic, Ceftriaxone, which decreases brain glutamate levels via up-regulation of EAAT2 expression, on ethanol drinking in dependent ..
- The role of GLT1 in the modulation of alcohol-drinking behavior in P rats.Youssef Sari; Fiscal Year: 2013..rats had been chronically exposed to a free choice of EtOH (15 and 30%) for five weeks, they were administered ceftriaxone (i.p.), a beta-lactam antibiotic known to elevate GLT1 expression, for five consecutive days...
- Dopaminergic Regulation of Pyramidal CellsAriel Y Deutch; Fiscal Year: 2013..As one example, we will determine if treatment of PFC DA-denervated animals with the antibiotic ceftriaxone (CEF), which increases expression of the astrocytic Glu transporter GLT1 and thereby decreases extracellular ..
- LpxC inhibitors as a novel class of antibiotics against N. gonorrhoeaePei Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..gonorrhoeae, most notably emerging resistance to ceftriaxone, may soon result in strains that are untreatable with current antibiotics...
- Clinical Trial of Ceftriaxone in Subjects with ALSMerit E Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by applicant): The specific aims are to determine the efficacy and safety of treatment with Ceftriaxone in people with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)...
- Effects of Stress and Glutamatergic Agents on Glutamate Cycling and BehaviorGerard Sanacora; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects of stress and have antidepressant-like activity, we recently completed a study examining the effects of ceftriaxone, a [unreadable]-lactam that results in increased expression of the Glu transporter GLT1 and increased Glu ..
- Genomic epidemiology of Neisseria gonorrhoeae with elevated MICs to cefiximeYonatan H Grad; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the spread of resistance to ceftriaxone, a brod-spectrum cephalosporin, no treatment regimen remains that is cheap, single dose, well tolerated, and ..
- Development of New Beta-Lactamase Inhibitors for Resistant Category B Food/Water-CHRISTOPHER JOHN BURNS; Fiscal Year: 2012..properties, PZ-7475 has a long plasma half life, uniquely positioning it to be used in combination with ceftriaxone, the once-a-day, workhorse parenteral (-lactam for important Category B bacterial food and water-borne ..
- Contributions of Glial Glutamate Transport and Transmission to Drug AbuseKATHRYN JOANNA REISSNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Systemic treatment with either N-acetylcysteine (NAC) or ceftriaxone impairs reinstatement to cocaine and increases expression of both GLT-1 and xCT...
- Contributions of Glial Glutamate Transport and Transmission to Drug AbuseKATHRYN JOANNA REISSNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Systemic treatment with either N-acetylcysteine (NAC) or ceftriaxone impairs reinstatement to cocaine and increases expression of both GLT-1 and xCT...
- Gonococcal Vaccine Evaluation in a Humanized Mouse ModelLEE MARK WETZLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..this goal has become more urgent given the recent increase in GC antibiotic resistance, especially to ceftriaxone. Two major issues associated with this absence of success have been 1) the lack of an animal model that ..
- Glutamate Transporters and Cocaine SeekingLori A Knackstedt; Fiscal Year: 2013..The beta-lactam antibiotic ceftriaxone has been found to increase the expression and function of both GLT-1 and system xC-...
- Ceftiofur use in cattle: a public health concern?Susan Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our intention is to investigate the source of ceftiofur/ceftriaxone-resistant isolates cultured in our State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and determine if they are related to ..
- Striatal Glutamate Homeostasis and Cocaine RelapseLori Knackstedt; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is known that beta-lactam antibiotics such as ceftriaxone increase the expression and activity of GLT-1...
- ANTIBIOTIC OF CHRONIC LYME DISEASE IN MONKEYSMARIO PHILIPP; Fiscal Year: 1999..The investigators propose to study in rhesus monkeys the efficacy of ceftriaxone and doxycycline to eliminate B. burgdorferi for tissues, especially from the central nervous system...
- Effects of glutamate uptake on the neuropathophysiology of Huntintgton's diseaseBenjamin Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, the ?-lactam antibiotic ceftriaxone upregulates the functional expression of GLT1 and attenuates multiple signs of the HD behavioral phenotype in ..
- STUDY AND TREATMENT OF POST LYME DISEASELauren Krupp; Fiscal Year: 1999..Patients will be randomized to receive four weeks of intravenous ceftriaxone or placebo treatment...
- Cannabinoid Regulation of Basal Ganglia Glutamate and GABASCOTT RAWLS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our outcomes will be a first step in determining whether blocking endocannabinoid inactivation offers any therapeutic advantage over direct activation of cannabinoid receptors with marijuana. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Can beta-lactam antibiotics decrease morphine physical dependence?SCOTT RAWLS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Zinc in Enteropathogenic E. coli InfectionJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL TRIAL OF TOPIRAMATE IN ALSMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Secondary outcome measures include grip strength, forced vital capacity, the ALS functional rating scale, and the safety and tolerability of topiramate in this population. ..
- Enteropathogenic and Toxigenic E.coli InteractionsJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Trial of Ceftriaxone in ALSMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2004The study objective is to determine the safety and efficacy of long term ceftriaxone treatment in subjects with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a uniformly progressive, untreatable, and fatal neurodegenerative disorder...
- Host Cell Killing by EPEC: Central Role in PathogenesisJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2005..coli (RDEC-1) and rabbit EPEC (REPEC). ..
- ica phase variation in Staphylococcus epidermidisPAUL FEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..epidermidis pathogenesis and biology. Novel means to prevent and treat biomaterial-based infections may be suggested as a result of these studies. ..
- HELICOBACTER DIAGNOSTIC ASSAYS FOR LABORATORY MICEStephen Barthold; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUM AWARDDavid Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Coenzyme Q10 in Huntington's DiseaseMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL OXIDATIVE RESPONSES IN TRAUMAJoseph Solomkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these studies will define potential points for therapeutic intervention and provide important insight into regulation of the acute inflammatory response. ..
- BIOLOGY AND CONTROL OF LYME DISEASE BORRELIAAlan Barbour; Fiscal Year: 2004..burgdorferi, its transmission, and reservoir host immunize responses. The results may also have relevance for the control of other vector-bone zoonotic diseases and perhaps for development of novel methods for vaccine delivery. ..
- New Method for Detecting Bacillus Anthracis SporesMark Klempner; Fiscal Year: 2003..anthracis spores and spores of other related and unrelated bacteria. The project will focus on developing the ligand library to include non-antibody reagents and differential recognition of bacterial spores from multiple species. ..
- SUBSTANCE P, NO & MICROGLIA IN CNS INFLAMMATIONBarnett Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2003..SP and NO modulate their effects in CNS inflammation via these cells. Hypothesis 4: The ultimate site for the effects of SP and NO may be the mitochondrial respiratory chain enzymes of these phagocytic cells. ..
- IMMUNOLOGY OF INFECTION WITH NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAEPeter Rice; Fiscal Year: 2003..The resultant strains will be characterized for: i) the ability to sialylate (endogenously or in the presence of exogenous CMP-NANA), ii) their serum sensitivity in bactericidal assays, and iii) their LOS structure. ..
- PET AND MRI IMAGING OF PERSISTENT LYME ENCEPHALOPATHYBrian Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2003..in patients with Persistent Lyme Encephalopathy (PLE) and it cvaluates the efficacy of 10 weeks of IV ceftriaxone among patients previously treated with shorter courses of Iv antibiotics...
- Metabolomic Signatures in ALSMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 3RD ANNUAL MUTANT MOUSE REGIONAL RESOURCE CENTER MEETINGStephen Barthold; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MENINGOCOCCAL LIPOOLIGOSACCHARIDE & MUCOSAL PATHOGENESISDavid Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies will also continue to define differences between enteric endotoxin and the unique structure and biology of meningococcal endotoxin. ..
- Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone ResistanceGeorge Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science Advancement at EmoryDavid Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- National Center/Emerging Infectous Diseases & BiodefenseMark Klempner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Topical Antibiotics to Prevent Lyme DiseaseGary Wormser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antigen Capture Assays for Rapid Detection of Y. PestisRaymond Dattwyler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ultimate goal is to develop a highly sensitive multi-antigen rapid lateral flow (or dipstick) assay that will detect levels as low as 0.1ng/ml of Y. pestis antigen. ..
- 5th Comparative Medicine Resource Center Director Mtg.Stephen Barthold; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Interaction of HIV Tat and MMP in NeuropathogenesisJeffrey Rumbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2008..Avindra Nath's laboratory in particular, will provide me with the guidance and opportunities that I need to become a successful, independent clinical researcher. ..
- DOUBLE BLIND STUDY OF MINOCYCLINE IN HDMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- Evaluating models of cocaine self-administrationLori Knackstedt; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the same time point that these behavioral and neurochemical changes will be monitored, we will also look for changes in known molecular markers of addiction via immunoblots. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Peer Intervention as Pedagogic Paradigm in Kinshasa SPHFrieda Behets; Fiscal Year: 2006..Main outcome measures will be self reported sexual risk behaviors and STI/HIV incidence. The work will inform HIV prevention policy and strengthen research and training at KSPH ..
- INTERVENTIONS TO IMPROVE MEMORY IN PATIENTS WITH MSLauren Krupp; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 2: To examine the relationship of treatment response to baseline subject characteristics, such as baseline neuropsychological performance, and MS subtype. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Hypochondriasis with CBT &/or SSRIBrian A Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most recently, the 2004 National Advisory Mental Health Council's Workgroup on Clinical Trials stated: "the portfolio must include more research in this area"...
- Rural Trial of Clinic Order Entry with Decision SupportMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2006..The cost impact of the intervention will be measured to allow a comprehensive assessment of the value of this HIT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular bssis of mef-mediated antibiotic resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniaeDavid S Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2010..pneumoniae. ..
- Regulation of Capsule Biosynthesis in N. meningitidisDavid Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2006....