Summary: One of the CEPHALOSPORINS that has a broad spectrum of activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Cefotiam-induced IgE-mediated occupational contact anaphylaxis of nurses; case reports, RAST analysis, and a review of the literatureK Tadokoro
Department of Medicine and Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 24:127-33. 1994b>Cefotiam (CTM) is one of the most popular cephem antibiotics in Japan. Recently we experienced two cases of nurses with CTM-induced contact anaphylaxis...
- Randomized prospective comparison of fosfomycin and cefotiam for prevention of postoperative infection following urological surgeryKazuhiro Ishizaka
Department of Urology, Kanto Central Hospital, 6 25 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8531, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:324-31. 2007A randomized study design was used to compare the efficacy of cefotiam (CTM) and fosfomycin (FOM) for preventing infection associated with urologic surgery...
- [Evaluation of the efficacy of ceftriaxone in acute suppurative otitis media and acute exacerbation of chronic suppurative otitis media. A comparative study with cefotiam as the control]S Baba
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Nagoya City University
Jpn J Antibiot 42:212-47. 1989..of chronic suppurative otitis media, a group comparison study by the envelope method was conducted using cefotiam (CTM) as the control drug (2 g twice daily). The results obtained are summarized as follows. 1...
- Cefotiam-induced contact urticaria syndrome: an occupational condition in Japanese nursesS Shimizu
Division of Dermatology, Kawasaki City Hospital, Japan
Dermatology 192:174-6. 1996A case of occupational contact urticaria syndrome caused by cefotiam dihydrochloride (CTM) in a Japanese nurse is reported...
- The significance of the intraoperative repeated dosing of antimicrobials for preventing surgical wound infection in colorectal surgeryShunji Morita
Department of Surgery, Yao Municipal Hospital, 1 3 1 Ryuge cho, Yao, Osaka, 581 0069, Japan
Surg Today 35:732-8. 2005..The purpose of this study is to examine the significance of intraoperative repeated dosing...
- [Intraocular penetration of cefotiam hydrochloride, a kind of cephalosporin after filtration surgery in rabbit eyes]Masamichi Fukuda
Department of Ophthalmology, Kanazawa Medical University 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada machi, Kahoku gun, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 109:559-62. 2005In this study, we measured the cefotiam dihydrochloride (CTM) concentration in ocular tissue after filtration surgery in rabbit eyes.
- [Role of Ph-SA in enhancing bactericidal activity of beta-lactam antibiotics]Xiao Yan Tang
Key Laboratory of Transplant Engineering and Immunology, the Ministry of Health, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:48-51. 2006..To identify the role of Ph-SA in inhibiting beta-lactamase secretion of S. aureus and in enhancing the bactericidal activity of antibiotics against antibiotic resistant bacteria...
- Quantitative prediction of oral absorption of PEPT1 substrates based on in vitro uptake into Caco-2 cellsRikako Shimizu
School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Int J Pharm 354:104-10. 2008..Then, cephradine (CED), cefixime (CFIX), and cefotiam (CTM) were selected as marker compounds having excellent, medium and poor absorption, respectively...
- Malakoplakia of the kidneyAkimitsu Kobayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Kidney and Hypertension, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 51:326-30. 2008
- Postmortem diagnosis of fatal anaphylaxis during intravenous administration of therapeutic and diagnostic agents: evaluation of clinical laboratory parameters and immunohistochemistry in three casesMotoki Osawa
Department of Forensic Medicine, Tokai University Faculty of Medicine, Boseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Leg Med (Tokyo) 10:143-7. 2008..In addition to findings at autopsy, positive data obtained by laboratory examinations and immunohistochemical analyses indicated that fatal systemic anaphylaxis occurred during intravenous injection of clinical agents...
- [Fundamental study on the selection of antimicrobial prophylactic agents in abdominal surgery]Nagao Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, NTT West Tokai Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 60:189-99. 2007..According to the isolation rates of these bacteria and antibiotic susceptibilities, cefotiam (CTM) is considered to have most strong activities as prophylactic agent for abdominal surgery, followed by ..
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in radical prostatectomy: 1-day versus 4-day treatmentsAkito Terai
Kurashiki Central Hospital, Department of Urology, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
Int J Urol 13:1488-93. 2006..We retrospectively compared the occurrence of perioperative infections following radical prostatectomy between two different protocols of antibiotic prophylaxis...
- In vitro activity of cefotiam against oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis strains--reevaluation of beta-lactam antibiotics efficiency on MRSEAyako Nakamura
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Antibiot 60:153-60. 2007We evaluated the efficacy of cefotiam (CTM) against Staphylococcus epidermidis (S. epidermidis) isolated from blood culture and central venous catheters. Of the S. epidermidis strains tested, 82...
- Development of breakpoints of cephems for intraabdominal infections based on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in the peritoneal fluid of patientsKazuro Ikawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacotherapy, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minamiku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:141-6. 2008..Cefepime (CFPM), cefotiam (CTM), cefozopran (CZOP), and flomoxef (FMOX) were each administered to 8-10 patients before abdominal surgery, ..
- Flupenthixol and cefotiam: effects on vitamin A metabolism in ratsRainer Schindler
Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Br J Nutr 92:597-605. 2004We examined the alterations in vitamin A metabolism as a result of flupenthixol or cefotiam administration. The impact of these drugs on indices of vitamin A status was evaluated in Brown Norway and Long-Evans rats...
- Inhibitory effect of zinc on PEPT1-mediated transport of glycylsarcosine and beta-lactam antibiotics in human intestinal cell line Caco-2Miyako Okamura
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Pharm Res 20:1389-93. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of zinc on the intestinal peptide transporters (PEPT1 and basolateral peptide transporter) and to elucidate the mechanism of the interactions...
- [Surveillance of susceptibility of clinical isolates to cefmetazole between 2000 and 2002]Tomomi Abe
Jpn J Antibiot 56:574-83. 2003..two years from June 2000 to March 2002 and compared with that of other parenteral beta-lactams, cefazolin (CEZ), cefotiam (CTM), sulbactam/cefoperazone (SBT/CPZ), and flomoxef (FMOX)...
- Protection with antibody to tumor necrosis factor differs with similarly lethal Escherichia coli versus Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia in ratsWaheedullah Karzai
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, Jena, Germany
Anesthesiology 99:81-9. 2003..Differing factors may alter the effects of antibody to tumor necrosis factor (TNF) in infection and sepsis. The authors tested whether bacteria type or treatment route alters antibody to TNF in a rat model of bacterial pneumonia...
- Accidental intrathecal infusion of cefotiam: clinical presentation and managementG Brössner
University Hospital Innsbruck, Department of Neurology, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:373-5. 2004
- [A questionnaire survey on antimicrobial chemotherapy for acute peritonitis]Nagao Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, Nagoya Midori Municipal Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 55:855-60. 2002..Most commonly used antibiotic for perforation of duodenal ulcer is cefotiam, and it is given 4.1 +/- 1.2 days postoperatively...
- Camel bite: an unusual type of head injury in an infantO Suess
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin CBF, Berlin, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 39:e11-3. 2004..The neurosurgical management, choice of antibiotic, postoperative treatment, and clinical course are discussed, and background information on camel bite injuries is given...
- Natural antibiotic susceptibility of Proteus spp., with special reference to P. mirabilis and P. penneri strainsI Stock
Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelm Universität Bonn, Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Immunologie, Pharmazeutische Mikrobiologie, Bonn, Germany
J Chemother 15:12-26. 2003..e. cefaclor, cefazoline, loracarbef, cefuroxime, cefotiam, and cefdinir). P. penneri was less susceptible than P. mirabilis to chloramphenicol; P...
- Activity of nadifloxacin (OPC-7251) and seven other antimicrobial agents against aerobic and anaerobic Gram-positive bacteria isolated from bacterial skin infectionsP Nenoff
Laboratorium für medizinische Mikrobiologie, Strasse des Friedens 8, DE 04579 Mölbis, Germany
Chemotherapy 50:196-201. 2004..a novel topical fluoroquinolone, was assessed and compared with those of ofloxacin, oxacillin, flucloxacillin, cefotiam, erythromycin, clindamycin, and gentamicin against 144 Gram-positive bacteria: 28 Staphylococcus aureus, 10 ..
- Placental transfer of antibiotics administered to the mother: a reviewG M Pacifici
Department of Neurosciences, Section of Pharmacology, Medical School, Pisa, Italy
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:57-63. 2006..A comparison of the drug concentration in maternal and fetal plasma gives an indication of the exposure of the fetus to the maternally administered antibiotics...
- In vitro activity of cefotaxime against clinically significant pathogensS Nakashio
Department of Laboratory Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki
Drugs 35:14-21. 1988..and 8 other cephalosporins (cefoperazone, cefmenoxime, cefpiramide, latamoxef, cefamandole, cefmetazole, cefotiam and cephazolin) were evaluated simultaneously in 384 strains of Gram-positive cocci, 595 strains of ..
- In-vitro activity of imipenem combined with beta-lactam antibiotics for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusK Matsuda
Okazaki Research Laboratories, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 27:809-15. 1991..the chequerboard agar dilution method, strong synergy was seen for all strains for imipenem with cefoperazone, cefotiam, cefpiramide or piperacillin...
- Novel plasmid-mediated beta-lactamase from Escherichia coli that inactivates oxyimino-cephalosporinsY Matsumoto
Research Laboratories, Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 32:1243-6. 1988..cefotaxime, cefmenoxime, and ceftriaxone, as well as the enzymatically less-stable antibiotics cephaloridine, cefotiam, and cefpiramide. Of the oxyimino-cephalosporins, ceftizoxime was fairly stable to FEC-1...
- [Serotypes and antimicrobial susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae from clinical specimens]N Ikeda
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Wakayama Red Cross Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:1093-102. 1995..3) MIC showed that PISP and PRSP strains were more resistant than PSSP against cefaclor (CCL), cefazolin (CEZ), cefotiam (CTM), cefotaxime (CTX), imipenem (IPM), minocycline (MINO), and erythromycin (EM), but no difference was found ..
- Effect of preoperative prophylaxis with filgrastim in cancer neck dissectionC Wenisch
University Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 30:460-6. 2000..Filgrastim enhances important antimicrobial functions of neutrophils including chemotaxis, phagocytosis and oxidative killing mechanisms...
- Investigation of the sensitising and cross-sensitising potential of textile dyes and beta-lactam antibiotics using a biphasic mice local lymph node assayVarun Ahuja
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charité Medical University, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Arch Toxicol 83:691-9. 2009..of (a) textile dye disperse yellow 3 and its metabolite 2-amino-p-cresol, (b) two antibiotics, penicillin G and cefotiam. The test substances were applied in a biphasic manner, i.e...
- [Soft tissue infections in oral, maxillofacial, and plastic surgery. Bacterial spectra and antibiotics]A W Eckert
Universitäts Klinik und Poliklinik für Mund, Kiefer und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 9:389-95. 2005..Soft tissue infections in the maxillofacial region are mainly caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Escherichia coli but also by members of the genera Enterococcus, Klebsiella, and Enterobacter, respectively...
- [A case of the greater omentum abscess due to Peptostreptococcus ssp]M Tsujimoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Heisei Memorial Hospital, Nara, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:512-5. 1996..He was diagnosed as having an intraperitoneal abscess. After antibiotics therapy by cefotiam, laparotomy was performed and an abscess about 7 cm in diameter at the edge of the greater omentum was found...
- In vitro activity of fleroxacin and 14 other antimicrobials against slime- and non-slime-producing Staphylococcus epidermidisA Kropec
Department of Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, Freiburg, FRG
Chemotherapy 35:351-4. 1989..25 and I micrograms/ml, respectively. Overall fleroxacin was as active or even better as ofloxacin, cefotiam, cefazolin, cefamandole, clindamycin or vancomycin but 2- to 8-fold less active than rifampin...
- Long-term intravenous administration of antibiotics for lumbar spinal surgery prolongs the duration of hospital stay and time to normalize body temperature after surgerySeiji Ohtori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2935-7. 2008..Comparative study of differing durations of antibiotics for spinal surgery...
- Success of countermeasures against respiratory infection after digestive surgery by strict blood and fluid resuscitationShinya Kusachi
Third Department of Surgery, Toho University Medical Center, Ohashi Hospital, 2 17 6 Ohashi, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8515, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:172-6. 2007..During and after period B, cefazolin was used for surgery of the esophagus, stomach, and gall bladder, and cefotiam for colon resection, hepatectomy, and pancreatectomy...
- Pseudomembranous colitis complicating ulcerative colitisHideto Kawaratani
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:373-5. 2010..Stools were positive for CD toxin. As cefotiam hydrochloride, levofloxacin hydrate (LVFX), and prednisolone were suspected as the causative agents, she was ..
- In vitro activity of DU-6681a, an active form of the new oral carbapenem compound DZ-2640, in comparison with that of R-95867, faropenem and oral cephalosporinsJ Okuda
Department of Microbiology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina ku, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 46:101-8. 2000..and Gram-negative bacteria with that of R-95867, faropenem and oral cephalosporins such as cefcapene, cefotiam and cefpodoxime...
- Cl- -dependent upregulation of human organic anion transporters: different effects on transport kinetics between hOAT1 and hOAT3Harumasa Ueo
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F391-7. 2007..hand, replacement of gluconate with Cl(-) decreased the K(m) value for the uptake of [(3)H]estrone sulfate and cefotiam by HEK-hOAT3 to about one-third, while it did not change the V(max) value...
- [A questionnaire survey on the theory of postoperative infection prophylaxis in gynecology]N Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, Nagoya City Koseiin Geriatric Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:390-7. 2001..The most commonly used agent for clean operations are cefazolin (CEZ), followed by cefotiam (CTM) and cefmetazole (CMZ)...
- [A questionnaire survey on the theory of postoperative infection prophylaxis in orthopedics]N Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, Nagoya City Koseiin Geriatric Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:398-405. 2001..The most commonly used agent for both clean operations with or without foreign implants and dirty operations is cefazolin (CEZ), followed by cefotiam (CTM) and flomoxef (FMOX).
- Short-term intravenous antimicrobial prophylaxis in combination with preoperative oral antibiotics on surgical site infection and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in elective colon cancer surgery: results of a prospective randomized tKeiichiro Ishibashi
Department of Digestive Tract and General Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1981 Tsujido machi, Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama, 350 8550, Japan
Surg Today 39:1032-9. 2009....
- Gradient plate method to induce Streptococcus pyogenes resistanceH Carsenti-Etesse
University Hospital, Nice, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:439-43. 1999..study was to compare in-vitro development of resistance of streptococci to beta-lactams (penicillin, amoxycillin, cefotiam and cefuroxime) and erythromycin by serial passages in subinhibitory concentrations of antibiotics (subMICs) by ..
- [Successful treatment of Legionella pneumonia with moxifloxacin in a hemodialysis patient]Osamu Takakuwa
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 47:625-30. 2009..Pneumonia was diagnosed, and intravenous administration of cefotiam hydrochloride was begun, but her respiratory condition deteriorated...
- Bacterial eradication rates with shortened courses of 2nd- and 3rd-generation cephalosporins versus 10 days of penicillin for treatment of group A streptococcal tonsillopharyngitis in adultsMichael E Pichichero
University of Rochester, and Elmwood Pediatric Group, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 59:127-30. 2007..streptococcal (GAS) tonsillopharyngitis with 5 days of select cephalosporins (cefpodoxime, cefuroxime, cefotiam, and cefdinir) was noninferior to 10 days of penicillin (odds ratio, 1.46; 95% confidence interval, 0.96-2...
- [Two cases of diffuse panbronchiolitis receiving long-term erythromycin (EM) therapy with acute exacerbation due to EM-resistant pneumococcus]E Yoshimoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:736-42. 1992..Particularly, S. pneumoniae of case 2 showed low sensitivity to Ampicillin (ABPC), Cefotiam (CTM) and Cefoxitin (CFX) as well...
- Successful treatment of a Salmonella aortic arch aneurysmHirotsugu Hamamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Oita Medical University, Hasama machi, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 51:59-61. 2003..The postoperative course was uneventful. The patient was discharged on postoperative day 48. He has remained afebrile and asymptomatic in the 10 months since surgery but continues to take 300 mg/d of oral levofloxacin...
- [Antibacterial activities of fosfomycin against several fresh clinical isolates--comparison of the test methods for antibacterial activity]Tetsuro Hara
Jpn J Antibiot 55:844-54. 2002..The activity of fosfomycin was as equivalent or superior to those of cefazolin, cefmetazole, cefotiam and piperacillin...
- [Comparative studies on activities of antimicrobial agents against causative organisms isolated from patients with urinary tract infections (2001). I. Susceptibility distribution]Yoshiaki Kumamoto
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 56:396-423. 2003..25 microgram/mL; IPM prevented growth of all strains at 0.5 microgram/mL. CZOP and cefotiam (CTM) also showed strong activities against E. coli: MIC90 of CZOP was within 0...
- Antibacterial activity of peritoneal exudate in patients treated with 2 g cefotiam for surgical anti-microbial prophylaxisP A Miglioli
Department of Pharmacology, University of Padua, Italy
Chemotherapy 44:149-52. 1998..was to investigate the presence of antibacterial activity in peritoneal exudate (PE) of patients treated with cefotiam (CFT)...
- [In vitro susceptibility of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella sp. to antibiotics]J Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of the Ryukyus, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 43:659-69. 1990..strains of the two species of bacteria were susceptible to ceftizoxime (CZX), cefotetan (CTT), latamoxef (LMOX), cefotiam (CTM) and cefmetazole (CMZ) and also gentamicin (GM) and netilmicin (NTL) were active against both species of ..
- [Combination use of second generation cephem and isepamicin for the treatment of post-surgical infection of the lower digestive tract]R Masamune
Department of Surgery, Sendai National Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 50:717-26. 1997..ISP was administered in combination with one of the second generation cephems among cefotiam (CTM), cefmetazole (CMZ), or cefuroxime (CXM) for 26 cases of wound infection and 7 cases of peritonitis...
- A case of acute phlegmonous gastritis successfully treated with antibioticsY Iwakiri
Department of Internal Medicine, Saiseikai Fukuoka General Hospital, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 28:175-7. 1999..Culture of the pus showed Streptococcus pneumoniae. Through early diagnosis without laparotomy, the patient's gastritis was successfully treated with antibiotics alone...
- Suitability of cefotiam and cefuroxime axetil for the perioperative short-term prophylaxis in tonsillectomy patientsRainer Müller
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University, Dresden, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 53:126-32. 2003The efficacy of the perioperative short-term prophylaxis with cefotiam (CAS 66309-69-1) and cefuroxime axetil (CAS 64544-07-6) was analysed by the assessment of the pharmacological kinetics in the serum and the tonsil tissue in 50 ..
- [Immunological properties of S-1090, cefmatilen hydrochloride hydrate]M Takeuchi
Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, 3 1 1 Futaba cho, Toyonaka, Osaka 561 0825, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 26:231-42. 2001..of antibody against S-1090 was less frequent in comparison with other antibiotics such as cefmetazole (CMZ) and cefotiam (CTM)...
- [Antimicrobial prophylaxis in radical prostatectomy : single dose versus 1-day treatment]Rikiya Taoka
The Department of Urology, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Japan
Hinyokika Kiyo 56:559-63. 2010..The 1-day group consisting of 93 cases received a second generation cephem, cefotiam, intravenously during and after the operation on the operative day...
- Spermatic cord abscess with concurrent prostatic abscess involving the seminal vesicleHaruhiko Machida
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Medical Center East, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Radiat Med 26:81-3. 2008..We highlight that familiarity with such a rare condition is overwhelmingly essential for patient management and that CT is the most valuable imaging procedure for diagnosing such cases...
- [Efficacy of cefotiam hexetil in acute maxillary sinusitis, with a short five day vs ten day treatment]P Gehanno
Hopital Bichat, Service ORL, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 34:455-9. 2004The aim of this multicentric, randomized, double blind study with direct individual benefit, was to compare two therapeutic regimens of cefotiam hexetil administration, 5 days vs 10 days, in acute maxillary sinusitis.
- Effect of ursodeoxycholate on the biliary excretion of cefotiam and sulbenicillin in patients with percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainageK Higashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City Medical School, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 32:726-9. 1988The effects of ursodeoxycholate administration on the biliary excretion of the antibiotics cefotiam and sulbenicillin were studied in five patients with stable hepatic function receiving percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage for ..
- Synergistic enhancement of in vitro antimicrobial activity of cefmetazole and cefotiam, cefamandole or cefoperazone in combination against methicillin-sensitive and -resistant Staphylococcus aureus. II. Effect of inoculum sizeT Uete
Department of Clinical Investigation, Kitano Hospital, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute, Osaka
Jpn J Antibiot 48:563-70. 1995The inoculum effect was studied on the activity of cefmetazole and cefotiam, cefamandole or cefoperazone alone and in combination against 9 strains of methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and 20 strains of methicillin-..
- Preventing surgical-site infections after colorectal surgeryMao Hagihara
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute cho, Aichi Gun, Aichi, 480 1195, Japan
J Infect Chemother 18:83-9. 2012..Forty-six (15.1%) patients were diagnosed with SSI. Patients who received cefotiam for prophylaxis showed the highest incidence of SSI (26...
- [A case of pyogenic vertebral osteomyelitis caused by Haemophilus aphrophilus]H Nagoya
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Tsubame Rosai Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:1081-7. 2000..aphrophilus was made. After the identification of H. aphrophilus, antibiotic therapy with Cefotiam (2 g/day) was given but his vertebral collapsed...
- Cefotiam disposition in markedly obese athlete patients, Japanese sumo wrestlersK Chiba
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, National Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 33:1188-92. 1989..Therefore, we studied the kinetic disposition of cefotiam, a parenteral, broad-spectrum cephalosporin with activity against gram-positive and -negative bacteria, after an ..
- Tardive seizure and antibiotics: case reports and review of the literatureTakahiro Saito
Department of Psychiatry, Tokyo Metropolitan Toshima Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J ECT 24:275-6. 2008..and were indicated for ECT, along with antibiotic therapies for infectious diseases with piperacillin and cefotiam, respectively...
- [A questionnaire survey on the theory of postoperative infection prophylaxis in otorhinolaryngology]Nagao Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, Nagoya Midori Municipal Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 56:15-26. 2003..The most commonly used agent for clean operations is cefazolin (CEZ), followed by cefotiam (CTM) and piperacillin (PIPC), in this order...
- [A case of cardiogenic shock caused by Vibrio parahaemolyticus]M Tsujimoto
Nara Prefectural Critical Medical Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:163-7. 1994..After mechanical ventilation and administration of dopamine, dobutamine, cefotiam, ciprofloxacin, she became alert and recovered from her critical condition. V...
- [Identification and antibiotic prophylaxis of high-risk patients in biliary tract surgery]N Shinagawa
First Department of Surgery, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 93:162-8. 1992..against postoperative infection were randomly allocated to 2 groups: in group CTM-H, patients were given cefotiam; in group CMX-H, patients were given cefmenoxime...
- [beta-lactamase-producing activity and antimicrobial susceptibility of major pathogenic bacteria isolated from clinical samples. Japan beta-lactamase Research Group]Toyoko Oguri
Jpn J Antibiot 55:1-28. 2002..used were ampicillin, sulbactam/ampicillin, clavulanic acid/amoxicillin, oxacillin, piperacillin, cefazolin, cefotiam, cefmetazole, cefoperazone, sulbactam/cefoperazone, cefotaxime, ceftazidime, cefepime, cefpodoxime, imipenem, ..
- [Pharmacokinetics of cefotiam in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis]N Itagaki
Third Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kinki University
Jpn J Antibiot 41:405-8. 1988The pharmacokinetics of cefotiam (CTM) was investigated in 7 patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). One gram of CTM was infused either intravenously (i.v. group) or intraperitoneally (i.p. group). In the i.v...
- [Antibiotic prophylaxis for transurethral resection of the prostate--comparison of oral administration therapy with intravenous administration therapy]Y Tsuji
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Nagoya University
Hinyokika Kiyo 39:1145-52. 1993..The patients were allocated randomly into the two arms; arm A cefotiam 4 g a day for 7 days, arm B tosufloxacin 300 mg a day for 7 days, based on the stratification into the 4 groups ..
- Enhancement of antimicrobial effects of various antibiotics against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by combination with fosfomycinHiroaki Nakazawa
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, 162 0054 Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 9:304-9. 2003..These antibiotics - fosfomycin (FOM), flomoxef sodium (FMOX), imipenem (IPM), cefotiam (CTM), cefmetazole (CMZ), ampicillin (ABPC), sulbactam/cefoperazone (SBT/CPZ), minocycline (MINO), ofloxacin (..
- [Effectiveness of perioperative preventive use of antibiotics with ampicillin/gentamycin or cefotiam in abdominal cesarean section]B Gerber
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Bereichs Medizin der Wilhelm Pieck Universität Rostock
Zentralbl Gynakol 111:658-63. 1989..after caesarean section the efficiency of a Ampicillin/Gentamycin combination was compared with that of Cefotiam (Halospor)...
- Beta-lactam antibiotic sensitization and its relationship to allergic diseases in tertiary hospital nursesInseon S Choi
Allergy Division of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 2:114-22. 2010..We had previously experienced a case of a nurse with cefotiam-induced contact urticaria syndrome...
- [Two cases of emphysematous pyelonephritis successfully treated by transurethral catheterization]Toshiro Kinouchi
Department of Urology, Ikeda Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 55:259-61. 2009..Recently CT is an effective imaging method for diagnosis at an early stage. Antibiotics therapy combined with transureteral drainage of gas-forming urolithiasis is effective as the initial conservative therapy...
- Pharmacokinetics of antibiotic prophylaxis in major orthopedic surgery and blood-saving techniquesM G Dehne
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany
Orthopedics 24:665-9. 2001The pharmacokinetics of cefuroxime, cefotiam, cefamandole, and ampicillin/sulbactam were randomly measured in 40 patients undergoing major orthopedic surgery associated with high blood and volume turnover and intraoperative blood salvage...
- [Susceptibilities of bacteria isolated from patients with lower respiratory infectious diseases to antibiotics (2002)]Kaoru Shimada
Tokyo Senbai Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 57:213-45. 2004..b>Cefotiam (CTM) inhibited the growth of all the strains at 1 microg/ml without the low sensitive strains...
- Endotoxin shock due to Vibrio vulnificus infectionTakaharu Ikeda
Department of Dermatology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 0012, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 16:423-7. 2006..He had taken high dose corticosteroids with intravenous cefotiam. His eruptions improved, but his shock state was exacerbated on Day 2...
- [Antibacterial activities of combination uses of isepamicin and beta-lactams in vitro against clinically isolated strains. Part 1. Activities against Staphylococcus aureus]K Deguchi
Section of Studies, Tokyo Clinical Research Center, Japan
Jpn J Antibiot 49:194-202. 1996..The results are summarized as follows; 1. MICs of ISP + cefazolin (CEZ), ISP + cefotiam (CTM) and ISP + flomoxef (FMOX) were low and the activities against methicillin (DMPPC)-susceptible S...
- Protection against cephalosporin-induced lipid peroxidation and nephrotoxicity by (+)-cyanidanol-3 and vitamin EC Cojocel
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Braz J Med Biol Res 40:867-75. 2007The ability of the clinically used cephalosporins: cephalothin, cefotaxime and cefotiam to induce lipid peroxidation (LPO) and renal damage was compared to that of nephrotoxic cephaloridine under in vivo conditions...
- [Clinical evaluation of the combination of carumonam and cefotiam in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection]T Sonoda
Department of Urology, Osaka University Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 37:203-9. 1991The combination of carumonam (CRMN) and cefotiam (CTM), expected to have a broader spectrum of coverage in connection with urinary tract infections, was evaluated for its effectiveness and safety at the Department of Urology, Osaka ..
- Prophylactic antibiotics given within 24 hours of surgery, compared with antibiotics given for 72 hours perioperatively, increased the rate of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from surgical site infectionsShinya Kusachi
Third Department of Surgery, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center Hospital, 2 17 6 Ohashi, Meguro ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:44-50. 2008..More than 3000 patients who underwent elective surgery of the digestive system were studied. Cefazolin or cefotiam was used as the prophylactic antibiotic...
- [Prevention of postoperative infections with cefotiam (Pansporine) in orthopedic surgery]J M Frajman
Service d Orthopedie Traumatologie, Hopital Bichat, Paris
Agressologie 32:467-70. 1991..Bichat, from March 1987 to June 1989 in order to compare the efficacy of an antibiotic prophylaxis either with cefotiam in "flash" administration or with cefazolin in continued administration (48 hours)...
- Inhibitory effects of antibiotics on platelet aggregation in vitroH Kariyazono
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Hum Exp Toxicol 16:662-6. 1997..in vitro inhibitory effects of six types of antibiotic, aztreonam (AZT), cefamandole (CMD), cefmetazole (CMZ), cefotiam (CTM), flomoxef (FMOX) and latamoxef (LMOX), on platelet aggregation, using healthy volunteers' blood...
- Synergic activity of imipenem/cilastatin combined with cefotiam against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusS Oka
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 31:533-41. 1993The synergic activity of imipenem/cilastatin combined with cefotiam was studied in a mouse bacteraemia model...
- Three cases of pneumatosis intestinalis presenting in autoimmune diseasesAkihiro Sagara
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Tonami General Hospital, 1 61, Sintomicho, Tonami, 939 1395, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:610-5. 2012..In this report, we present three cases of PI presenting in autoimmune diseases, including DM, Sjögren's syndrome, and limited SSc, and further discuss its background characteristics...
- Evidence for the involvement of GABA(A) receptor blockade in convulsions induced by cephalosporinsMasahiro Sugimoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Neuropharmacology 45:304-14. 2003..The rank orders of convulsive activities in mouse (cefazolin>cefoselis>cefotiam>cefpirome>cefepime>ceftazidime>cefozopran) correlated with those of inhibitory potencies on [(3)H]muscimol ..
- [Comparative studies on activities of antimicrobial agents against causative organisms isolated from patients with urinary tract infections (2002). III. Secular changes in susceptibility]Yoshiaki Kumamoto
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 57:311-403. 2004..125 microg/mL). An antibacterial activity of cefotiam (CTM) was similar to it in 10 years ago and was fine (MIC90: < or = 1 microg/mL). The sensitivity of E...
- [Determination of unknown impurities in cefotiam hexetil by HPLC-MS/MS]Qun Xing Tang
Department of Forensic Toxicological Analysis, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 44:481-4, 493. 2013To detect unknown impurities in raw drug material of cefotiam hexetil.
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--I. Gram-positive bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendou University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 56:437-57. 2003..The antibacterial activity of CZOP against S. pyogenes was as potent as those of cefotiam and CPR (MIC90: < or = 0.063 microgram/mL), and, against S. agalactiae, was also preferable (MIC90: 0...
- [A case of bacteremic group A streptococcus infection with organ dysfunction following a minor skin abrasion]Mami Fukuoka
Department of Medicine, Saga Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 76:958-62. 2002..The diagnosis of suppurative lymphadenitis of inguen was made, and intravenous cefotiam was started. Despite these treatments his fever continued, general edema and dry cough appeared...
- [Sensitivity surveillance of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates for several antibacterial agents in Gifu and Aichi prefecture (2008-2009)]Yuri Furuya
Research Laboratories, Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd
Jpn J Antibiot 65:1-14. 2012..56 microg/mL for benzylpenicillin, piperacillin, cefteram and levofloxacin, 3.13 microg/mL for cefotiam, flomoxef and pazufloxacin, 6.25 microg/mL for cefdinir, 12...
- [Sensitivity surveillance of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates for several antibiotics in Gifu prefecture (2004)]- Working Group of Tokai Anti-biogram study group
Research Laboratories of Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd
Jpn J Antibiot 59:137-51. 2006..13 microg/mL for flomoxef, 6.25 microg/mL for cefdinir and cefotiam, 12.5 microg/mL for norfloxacin and minocycline, 25 microg/mL for cefixime, and 100 microg/mL for clarithromycin.
- [Antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin under various conditions against standard strains, beta-lactam resistant strains, and multidrug efflux system mutants]Takeshi Mikuniya
Infectious Disease Research Laboratories, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Jpn J Antibiot 58:105-22. 2005..in terms of antimicrobial activity and the potential of inducibility of beta-lactamase, compared with cefazolin, cefotiam, cefmetazole, and piperacillin that are commonly used as perioperative agents...
- [Comparative studies on activities of antimicrobial agents against causative organisms isolated from patients with urinary tract infections (2002). I. Susceptibility distribution]Yoshiaki Kumamoto
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 57:246-74. 2004..The susceptibility of Staphylococcus epidermidis to cephems including cefotiam (CTM) was relatively good...
- [A case of pulmonary nocardiosis with a polypoid lesion in a bronchus]Hiroki Morita
Department of Internal Medicine and Bioregulation, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 42:893-6. 2004..Obstructive pneumonia was suspected, and cefotiam and imipenem/cilastatin were administered. However, this treatment did not show adequate efficacy...
- [A case of tuberculous peritonitis in a hemodialysis patient revealed by severe diarrhea and stomachache]Masayuki Hara
Department of Nephrology, Ohmihachiman Community Medical Center, Shiga, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 55:77-82. 2013..We started antibiotic administration using cefotiam hexetil hydrochloride because of ascites and peritoneum thickening observed by abdominal computed tomography...
- Antibacterial activity and PK/PD of ceftriaxone against penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae and beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzae isolates from patients with community-acquired pneumoniaAkira Ohno
Departments of Microbiology and Infectious Disease, Faculty of Medicine, Toho University, 5 21 16 Omorinishi, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:296-301. 2007..The values for percentage of time above the MIC (%T>MIC) for ceftriaxone, cefotiam, flomoxef, sulbactam/cefoperazone, sulbactam/ampicillin, and meropenem, using 400 S...
- [Pulmonary infiltration with eosinophilia possibly induced by cefotiam in a case of steroid-dependent asthma]M Irie
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Kyushu University School of Medicine, Fukuoka
Nihon Kyobu Shikkan Gakkai Zasshi 28:1353-8. 1990..The WBC count was 16,000/mm3 with 6% eosinophils. She was treated with intravenous drip infusion of antibiotics (Cefotiam 2 mg/d and Sisomicin 150 mg/d) for 2 weeks, and her symptoms and the chest X-ray findings improved...
- Penetration and exposure of cefotiam into the peritoneal fluid of abdominal surgery patients after intravenous administrationK Ikawa
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Japan
J Chemother 20:319-23. 2008The present study aimed to examine the peritoneal pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic exposure of intravenous cefotiam. One gram of cefotiam was administered to eight patients before abdominal surgery...
- Synthesis of antibiotic-loaded hydroxyapatite beads and in vitro drug release testingK Yamamura
Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Branch Hospital, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 26:1053-64. 1992..48 mm, bulk porosity = 0.439) and its in vitro release behavior. Cefotiam (CTM) was used as a model antibiotic...
- Adaptive responses of renal organic anion transporter 3 (OAT3) during cholestasisJiarong Chen
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F247-52. 2008..The plasma concentration of beta-lactam antibiotic cefotiam, a specific substrate for OAT3, was more increased in EHBR than in SD rats despite upregulation of OAT3 protein...
- Involvement of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Abcc2) in molecular weight-dependent biliary excretion of beta-lactam antibioticsYukio Kato
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1088-96. 2008..protein (Bcrp) revealed that Bcrp accepts cefoperazone, cefbuperazone, cefpiramide, cefotetan, ceftriaxone, cefotiam, cefamandole, and cefazolin as substrates, and Bcrp-mediated transport was also molecular weight-dependent, ..