Genomes and Genes
Summary: A narcotic analgesic proposed for severe pain. It may be habituating.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- Tramadol as an analgesic for mild to moderate cancer painWojciech Leppert
Department of Palliative Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Osiedle Rusa 25 A, PL 61 245 Poznań, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 61:978-92. 2009..is a debate whether the second step of the WHO analgesic ladder, which, in Poland, is composed of opioids such as tramadol, codeine, dihydrocodeine (DHC), is still needed for cancer pain treatment...
- Randomized study of tramadol/acetaminophen versus placebo in painful diabetic peripheral neuropathyRoy Freeman
Center for Autonomic and Peripheral Nerve Disorders, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:147-61. 2007To examine the efficacy and safety of tramadol/acetaminophen (APAP) for the management of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN).
- Isobolographic analysis of interaction between cyclooxygenase inhibitors and tramadol in acetic acid-induced writhing in micePadi S V Satyanarayana
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:641-9. 2004..study was aimed at evaluating the combination of different NSAIDs, which inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes and tramadol against acetic acid-induced writhing in mice...
- Antihyperalgesic effects of clomipramine and tramadol in a model of posttraumatic trigeminal neuropathic pain in micePedro Alvarez
Programa de Farmacología Molecular y Clínica, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Orofac Pain 25:354-63. 2011..pain such as spontaneous pain, cold allodynia, and chemical÷inflammatory hyperalgesia, and to use this model to investigate the antinociceptive effects of clomipramine and tramadol, two drugs used for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
- The Diversion of Ultram, Ultracet, and generic tramadol HCLJames A Inciardi
University of Delaware Research Center, Coral Gables, FL 33134, USA
J Addict Dis 25:53-8. 2006Ultram (tramadol HCL) was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 1994 as a non-scheduled drug under the Controlled Substance Act...
- Plasma glucose-lowering effect of tramadol in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsJ T Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan
Diabetes 50:2815-21. 2001The effect of tramadol on the plasma glucose level of streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats was investigated...
- Effect of the combined use of tramadol and milnacipran on pain threshold in an animal model of fibromyalgiaSeong Ho Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Gyeongju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 24:139-42. 2009Acidic saline injections produce mechanical hyperresponsiveness in male Sprague-Dawley rats. We investigated the effect of milnacipran in conjunction with tramadol on the pain threshold in an acidic saline animal model of pain.
- Tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets for the treatment of chronic lower back pain: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled outpatient studyGary E Ruoff
Michigan State University College of Medicine, and Westside Family Medical Center, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009, USA
Clin Ther 25:1123-41. 2003b>Tramadol and acetaminophen (APAP) have both shown efficacy in the treatment of lower back pain. The combination of these 2 agents has demonstrated synergistic analgesic action in animal models at specific ratios.
- Tramadol 37.5-mg/acetaminophen 325-mg combination tablets added to regular therapy for rheumatoid arthritis pain: a 1-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialEun Young Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Ther 28:2052-60. 2006This study evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of tramadol 37...
- Profiling the subjective, psychomotor, and physiological effects of tramadol in recreational drug usersJames P Zacny
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 80:273-8. 2005b>Tramadol is a mu opioid agonist that also inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin. Because non-medical use of prescription opioids, including tramadol, has increased in the U.S...
- Impact of mailed warning to prescribers on the co-prescription of tramadol and antidepressantsDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, Minneapolis, MN 55344, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:149-54. 2005..in changing prescribing behavior of 'Dear Health Professional (DHP)' letters mailed by the manufacturer to physicians and other health professionals advising them of safety information on co-prescribing of tramadol and antidepressants.
- Antidepressant-like effect of tramadol and its enantiomers in reserpinized mice: comparative study with desipramine, fluvoxamine, venlafaxine and opiatesM Olga Rojas-Corrales
Pharmacology and Neuroscience Research Group, Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 18:404-11. 2004b>Tramadol is a centrally acting analgesic that demonstrates opioid and monoaminergic properties. Several studies have suggested that tramadol could play a role in mood improvement...
- Tramadol induces conditioned place preference in rats: interactions with morphine and buprenorphineMin Zhang
National Institute on Drug Dependence, Peking University, Beijing 100191, PR China
Neurosci Lett 520:87-91. 2012Surveys and drug surveillance have demonstrated that the abuse liability of tramadol is considerably low in the general population but appears to be higher in opiate addicts, and this difference could attribute to the poly-drug abuse of ..
- The effects of tramadol and fentanyl on gastrointestinal motility in septic ratsIsmet Topcu
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
Anesth Analg 102:876-81. 2006In this study, we investigated the effects of tramadol and fentanyl on gastrointestinal transit (GIT) during acute systemic inflammation in an experimental model of cecal ligation and perforation (CLP)...
- Human mu-opioid receptor gene A118G polymorphism predicts the efficacy of tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets (ultracet) in oxaliplatin-induced painful neuropathyYu Chang Liu
National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer 118:1718-25. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess whether this polymorphism contributes to the variability in response to tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets (Ultracet) for treating oxaliplatin-induced painful neuropathy.
- Chitosan-genipin microspheres for the controlled release of drugs: clarithromycin, tramadol and heparinRuth Harris
Instituto de Estudios Biofuncionales, Departamento Química Física II, Universidad Complutense Paseo Juan XXIII, Madrid, Spain
Mar Drugs 8:1750-62. 2010..Clarithromycin, tramadol hydrochloride, and low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) were used as model drugs...
- Effects of tramadol on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injuryAyten Bilir
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Osmangazi University, Medical Faculty, Eskisehir, Turkey
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:242-7. 2007The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of tramadol on isolated rat hearts subjected to global ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Tramadol: a new centrally acting analgesicK S Lewis
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Chicago College of Pharmacy, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 54:643-52. 1997The pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, efficacy, adverse effects, and dosage and administration of tramadol are reviewed...
- Maintenance of the long-term effectiveness of tramadol in treatment of the pain of diabetic neuropathyY Harati
Baylor College of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Diabetes Complications 14:65-70. 2000The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of tramadol in a 6-month open extension following a 6-week double-blind randomized trial.
- Tramadol improved the efficacy of ketamine-xylazine anaesthesia in young pigsAdetola R Ajadi
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:562-6. 2009To evaluate the influence of premedication with tramadol on xylazine-ketamine anaesthesia in young pigs.
- Postamputation pain and sensory changes in treatment-naive patients: characteristics and responses to treatment with tramadol, amitriptyline, and placeboClive H Wilder-Smith
Brain Gut Research Group, Bern, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 103:619-28. 2005..Pain after amputation is common but difficult to treat, and few controlled treatment studies exist...
- Improved liquid chromatographic method for the simultaneous determination of tramadol and its three main metabolites in human plasma, urine and salivaYalda H Ardakani
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetic Division, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, 14155 6451 Tehran, Iran
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:1168-73. 2007b>Tramadol, an analgesic agent, and its main metabolites O-desmethyltramadol (M1), N-desmethyltramadol (M2) and O,N-didesmethyltramadol (M5) were determined simultaneously in human plasma, saliva and urine by a rapid and specific HPLC ..
- Comparison of local anaesthetic effects of tramadol with prilocaine for minor surgical proceduresH Altunkaya
Department of Anesthesiology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, School of Medicine, Kozlu Zonguldak, Turkey
Br J Anaesth 90:320-2. 2003Recent studies have shown that a local anaesthetic action of tramadol 5% was able to induce a sensory block to pinprick, touch, and cold similar to that of lidocaine 1%...
- Tramadol, an alternative to morphine for treating posttraumatic pain in the prehospital situationM Vergnion
Emergency Department, CHR de la Citadelle, Liege, Belgium
Anesth Analg 92:1543-6. 2001In this randomized, double-blinded, parallel-group study, we compared the efficacy of tramadol and morphine administered IV for the management of pain in trauma patients in the prehospital situation...
- The analgesic effect of tramadol after intravenous injection in healthy volunteers in relation to CYP2D6Thomas P Enggaard
Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark
Anesth Analg 102:146-50. 2006b>Tramadol analgesia results from a monoaminergic effect by tramadol itself and an opioid effect of its metabolite (+)-M1 formed by O-demethylation of tramadol by CYP2D6...
- Tramadol has a better potency ratio relative to morphine in neuropathic than in nociceptive pain modelsThomas Christoph
Biomedical Research, Grunenthal GmbH, Aachen, Germany
Drugs R D 8:51-7. 2007..The effects of tramadol, an atypically acting analgesic with a combined opioid and monoaminergic mechanism of action, and morphine, a ..
- Analgesic efficacy of perioperative use of vedaprofen, tramadol or their combination in cats undergoing ovariohysterectomyJuliana Tabarelli Brondani
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Anaesthesiology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Feline Med Surg 11:420-9. 2009The analgesic efficacy of tramadol and/or vedaprofen was evaluated in cats submitted for elective ovariohysterectomy, using a randomised double blind placebo controlled design. Forty adult female cats (3.0+/-0.32kg; 1.8+/-0...
- Severe tramadol addiction in a 61 year-old woman without a history of substance abuseR Pollice
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:475-6. 2008We describe here the first case of Tramadol addiction and withdrawal in an elderly female patient in apparently good physical health. We report successful treatment with mirtazapine and clonidine...
- Genetically polymorphic OCT1: another piece in the puzzle of the variable pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the opioidergic drug tramadolM V Tzvetkov
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:143-50. 2011We investigated whether tramadol or its active metabolite, O-desmethyltramadol, are substrates of the organic cation transporter OCT1 and whether polymorphisms in OCT1 affect tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol pharmacokinetics...
- An independent assessment of MEDWatch reporting for abuse/dependence and withdrawal from Ultram (tramadol hydrochloride)George E Woody
Treatment Research Institute, School of Medicine, Philadelphia Va University of Pennsylvania, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 South Independence Mall W, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3475, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 72:163-8. 2003Assess the validity of medical products reporting program (MEDWatch) reports of abuse/dependence and withdrawal associated with Ultram (tramadol).
- Efficacy and safety of tramadol/acetaminophen tablets (Ultracet) as add-on therapy for osteoarthritis pain in subjects receiving a COX-2 nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialRonald Emkey
Radiant Research Reading, Wyomissing, Pennsylvania 19610, USA
J Rheumatol 31:150-6. 2004To evaluate the efficacy and safety of tramadol 37...
- Tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets for the treatment of pain associated with osteoarthritis flare in an elderly patient populationNorman R Rosenthal
Ortho McNeil Pharmaceutical, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:374-80. 2004To evaluate the efficacy and safety of adding tramadol 37.5 mg/acetaminophen (APAP) 325 mg combination tablets (tramadol/APAP) to existing therapy for painful osteoarthritis (OA) flare in a subset of elderly patients.
- The effects of intrathecal tramadol on spinal somatosensory-evoked potentials and motor-evoked responses in ratsI Ming Jou
Departments of Orthopedics, National Cheng Kung University Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Anesth Analg 96:783-8, table of contents. 2003b>Tramadol has been proven to exert a local anesthetic-type effect on peripheral nerves in both clinical and laboratory studies...
- Spinal 5-HT7 receptors play an important role in the antinociceptive and antihyperalgesic effects of tramadol and its metabolite, O-Desmethyltramadol, via activation of descending serotonergic pathwaysOmer Yanarates
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Anesthesiology 112:696-710. 2010b>Tramadol is an analgesic drug, and its mechanism of action is believed to be mediated by the mu-opioid receptor. A further action of tramadol has been identified as blocking the reuptake of serotonin (5-HT)...
- Analgesic efficacy and safety of tramadol/ acetaminophen combination tablets (Ultracet) in treatment of chronic low back pain: a multicenter, outpatient, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trialPaul M Peloso
Division of Rheumatology, Roy and Lucille Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Health Care E330 GH, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Rheumatol 31:2454-63. 2004To evaluate the analgesic efficacy and safety of tramadol 37.5 mg/acetaminophen 325 mg (tramadol/APAP) combination tablets for treatment of chronic low back pain (LBP).
- Tramadol for neuropathic painJ Hollingshead
Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton, UK BN2 5BE
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD003726. 2006..Neuropathic pain is a common symptom in many diseases of the peripheral nervous system...
- Analgesic efficacy and tolerability of flupirtine vs. tramadol in patients with subacute low back pain: a double-blind multicentre trial*C Li
Beijing University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Curr Med Res Opin 24:3523-30. 2008To assess the efficacy and tolerability of flupirtine in comparison with tramadol for the treatment of moderate to severe subacute low back pain (LBP).
- Intravenous magnesium sulphate decreases postoperative tramadol requirement after radical prostatectomyP Tauzin-Fin
DAR III Hôpital Pellegrin Tondu Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:1055-9. 2006..of intravenous magnesium sulphate (Mg) at the induction of anaesthesia to a balanced anaesthetic protocol including wound infiltration, paracetamol and tramadol resulted in improved analgesic efficiency after radical prostatectomy.
- Tramadol/acetaminophen for the treatment of acute migraine pain: findings of a randomized, placebo-controlled trialStephen D Silberstein
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Headache 45:1317-27. 2005To compare tramadol/acetaminophen (APAP) and placebo for the management of acute migraine pain.
- Analysis of the antinociceptive effect of systemic administration of tramadol and dexmedetomidine combination on rat models of acute and neuropathic painEnsari Guneli
Dokuz Eylul University, Institute of Health Sciences, Department of Laboratory Animal Sciences, Izmir, Turkey
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 88:9-17. 2007The aim of the present study was to investigate the possible antinociceptive effect of systemic administration of tramadol and dexmedetomidine either alone or in combination on acute and neuropathic pain models in rats...
- Combination analgesic efficacy: individual patient data meta-analysis of single-dose oral tramadol plus acetaminophen in acute postoperative painJayne E Edwards
Pain Research and Nuffield Department of Anesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 23:121-30. 2002The primary aims of this study were to assess the analgesic efficacy and adverse effects of single-dose oral tramadol plus acetaminophen in acute postoperative pain and to use meta-analysis to demonstrate the efficacy of the combination ..
- Effects of tramadol on synovial fluid concentrations of substance P and interleukin-6 in patients with knee osteoarthritis: comparison with paracetamolM Bianchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli, 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1901-8. 2003Both the analgesic drugs tramadol and paracetamol are widely used for the symptomatic therapy of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Effects of the CYP2D6 gene duplication on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of tramadolJulia Kirchheiner
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:78-83. 2008The analgesic drug tramadol is bioactivated by CYP2D6 to the opioid receptor agonist O-desmethyltramadol. Case reports indicated that carriers of the CYP2D6 gene duplication may be at high risk for opioid adverse events...
- Tramadol in neuropathic pain after spinal cord injury: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialCecilia Norrbrink
Spinalis SCI Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin J Pain 25:177-84. 2009To assess the efficacy and safety of tramadol for relieving neuropathic pain after spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Genetic factors in pain and its treatmentUlrike M Stamer
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 20:478-84. 2007....
- Tramadol added to lidocaine for intravenous regional anesthesiaI Acalovschi
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Clinical Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Anesth Analg 92:209-14. 2001..Sixty volunteers, divided into four groups of 15 each, received IV regional anesthesia of the upper limb with 40 mL tramadol 0.25%, sodium chloride 0.9%, lidocaine 0.5%, or 100 mg tramadol-containing lidocaine 0.5%...
- The pupillary effects of intravenous morphine, codeine, and tramadol in volunteersRoger D Knaggs
University Department of Anaesthesia, Queen s Medical Centre, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Anesth Analg 99:108-12. 2004..We studied the pupillary effects of IV morphine (0.125 mg/kg), codeine (1 mg/kg), tramadol (1.25 mg/kg), or placebo (10 mL 0.9% w/v sodium chloride) in 10 healthy volunteers...
- Nefopam and tramadol for the prevention of shivering during neuraxial anesthesiaFederico Bilotta
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Reg Anesth Pain Med 27:380-4. 2002..We evaluated the usefulness of intravenous (IV) nefopam and tramadol in preventing and reducing the severity of shivering in patients undergoing neuraxial anesthesia for orthopedic ..
- Intramuscular tramadol vs. diclofenac sodium for the treatment of acute migraine attacks in emergency department: a prospective, randomised, double-blind studyZulfi Engindeniz
Department of Emergency Medicine, Uludag University Medical Faculty, Acil Tip ABD Gorukle, Bursa 16059, Turkey
J Headache Pain 6:143-8. 2005The aim of this prospective, randomised, double-blind study was to evaluate the efficacy of intramuscular (IM) tramadol 100 mg in emergency department treatment of acute migraine attack and to compare it with that of IM diclofenac sodium ..
- A comparison of the abuse liability of tramadol, NSAIDs, and hydrocodone in patients with chronic painEdgar H Adams
Edgar Adams Consulting, Covance, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:465-76. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of tramadol abuse compared to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and hydrocodone-containing analgesics in patients ..
- Combination tramadol plus acetaminophen for postsurgical painAdam B Smith
Department of Surgery, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 855 Montgomery St, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Am J Surg 187:521-7. 2004This multicenter, randomized, double-blind, active- and placebo-controlled trial evaluated tramadol plus acetaminophen (APAP) for orthopedic (n = 153) and abdominal (n = 152) postsurgical pain.
- Tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets and codeine/acetaminophen combination capsules for the management of chronic pain: a comparative trialW S Mullican
Indiana University School of Medicine, Evansville Center for Medical Education, USA
Clin Ther 23:1429-45. 2001..b>Tramadol is a synthetic analgesic that has been shown to be effective both alone and in combination with APAP...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of tramadol/acetaminophen combination therapy and gabapentin in the treatment of painful diabetic neuropathyS H Ko
The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Diabet Med 27:1033-40. 2010This study compared the efficacy and safety of tramadol/acetaminophen (T/A) and gabapentin in the management of painful diabetic neuropathy.
- Efficacy of tramadol in treatment of chronic low back painT J Schnitzer
Office of Clinical Research and Training, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Rheumatol 27:772-8. 2000To evaluate the efficacy and safety of tramadol in the treatment of chronic low back pain.
- Supra-additive effects of tramadol and acetaminophen in a human pain modelJörg Filitz
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Erlangen, Krankenhausstrasse 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Pain 136:262-70. 2008..Aim of this study was to examine the analgesic and antihyperalgesic properties of the weak opioid tramadol and the non-opioid acetaminophen, alone as well as in combination, in an experimental pain model in humans...
- Efficacy and tolerability of paracetamol/tramadol (325 mg/37.5 mg) combination treatment compared with tramadol (50 mg) monotherapy in patients with subacute low back pain: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, 10-day treatment studySerge Perrot
Service de Medicine Interne et Consultation de la Douleur, Hôpital Dieu, Paris, France
Clin Ther 28:1592-606. 2006In various pain studies, the single-dose combination of paracetamol/tramadol (PIT) was found to be more effective than either agent alone. PIT could provide benefit in patients with subacute low back pain (LBP).
- The addition of tramadol to lidocaine does not reduce tourniquet and postoperative pain during iv regional anesthesiaGrégoire Langlois
Department of Anesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Clinic, University of Rennes 1, University Hospital of Rennes, France
Can J Anaesth 49:165-8. 2002We conducted a prospective, randomized, double-blind study to determine whether the combination of tramadol with lidocaine 0.5% had an analgesic effect on tourniquet pain during iv regional anesthesia and also on postoperative pain.
- Concentrations of tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol enantiomers in different CYP2D6 genotypesU M Stamer
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:41-7. 2007The influence of CYP2D6 genotype and CYP2D6 inhibitors on enantiomeric plasma levels of tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol as well as response to tramadol was investigated...
- Tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets for the treatment of osteoarthritis flare pain: a multicenter, outpatient, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, add-on studyJoel C Silverfield
Tampa Medical Group, PA, Florida 33614, USA
Clin Ther 24:282-97. 2002....
- The effects of tramadol and morphine on immune responses and pain after surgery in cancer patientsP Sacerdote
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Anesth Analg 90:1411-4. 2000..We studied the effects of morphine and tramadol on pain and immune function during the postoperative period in 30 patients undergoing abdominal surgery for ..
- Actions of tramadol on micturition in awake, freely moving ratsRaj Kumar Pandita
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden Grünenthal GmbH, Aachen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 139:741-8. 20031 (+/-)-Tramadol, a widely used analgesic, is a racemate stimulating opioid receptors and inhibiting reuptake of noradrenaline and serotonin, that is, pharmacological principles previously shown to influence rat micturition...
- Impaired mobility, ASA status and administration of tramadol are risk factors for postoperative delirium in patients aged 75 years or more after major abdominal surgeryAntoine Brouquet
Department of Surgery, AP HP, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
Ann Surg 251:759-65. 2010..The aim of this prospective study was to determine incidence, duration, and risk factors for postoperative delirium (PD) in elderly patients undergoing major abdominal surgery...
- Tramadol added to 1.5% mepivacaine for axillary brachial plexus block improves postoperative analgesia dose-dependentlySébastien Robaux
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hopital Central, Nancy Cedex, Nimes Cedex 9, France
Anesth Analg 98:1172-7, table of contents. 2004..The analgesic, tramadol, has a unique mechanism of action that suggests efficacy as such an adjunct...
- Concordance between tramadol and dextromethorphan parent/metabolite ratios: the influence of CYP2D6 and non-CYP2D6 pathways on biotransformationS M Abdel-Rahman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 42:24-9. 2002..P4502D6 (CYP2D6) activity has been shown to be a determinant of both the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of tramadol in adults...
- Effects of tramadol and buprenorphine on select immunologic factors in a cecal ligation and puncture modelKelly M S Hugunin
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Shock 34:250-60. 2010..Female ICR mice were divided into four treatment groups (Ringer's lactate solution, high- or low-dose tramadol,buprenorphine) for 3-week mortality studies (n = 12 per treatment)...
- Tramadol reduces myocardial infarct size and expression and activation of nuclear factor kappa B in acute myocardial infarction in ratsLin zhong Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, China
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:1048-55. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the cardioprotective effect of tramadol and the association of the effect with the changes in expression and activation of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-..
- [Adiuvants in the axillary brachial plexus blockade. Comparison between clonidine, sufentanil and tramadol]S Antonucci
Servizio di Anestesia e Rianimazione, ASL Pescara, , Popoli (Pescara, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 67:23-7. 2001BACKGROUND: Evaluated effects of tramadol used as adiuvant in brachial plexus block and compared with clonidine and sufentanil...
- Effect of 12-monoketocholic acid on modulation of analgesic action of morphine and tramadolIvan Kuhajda
Thoracic Surgery Clinic, Institute for Pulmonary Diseases of Vojvodina, Sremska Kamenica, Republic of Serbia
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 34:73-8. 2009..with the potential promotive action of 12-monoketocholic acid (12-MKC) on the analgesic effect of morphine and tramadol. The investigation was carried out on laboratory Wistar rats divided into five test groups, each treated with ..
- A rapid and simple CYP2D6 genotyping assay--case study with the analgetic tramadolJurgen Borlak
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Mecicine, Center of Drug Research and Medical Biotechnology, Hannover, Germany
Metabolism 52:1439-43. 2003..minutes of blood withdrawal and links carriers of the variant CYP2D6*3 and *4 alleles to the pharmacokinetics of tramadol. This new genotyping assay employs fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) analysis, which permits parallel ..
- Near-fatal tramadol cardiotoxicity in a CYP2D6 ultrarapid metabolizerAhmed Elkalioubie
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU Lille, Rue Emile Laine, 59037, Lille Cedex, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:855-8. 2011b>Tramadol is a synthetic, centrally acting analgesic for the treatment of moderate to severe pain...
- Analgesic effects of tramadol, carprofen or multimodal analgesia in rats undergoing ventral laparotomyCoralie Zegre Cannon
Cellular and Molecular Pathology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Lab Anim (NY) 40:85-93. 2011In this study, the authors evaluated the analgesic efficacy of tramadol (an opioid-like analgesic), carprofen (a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and a combination of both drugs (multimodal therapy) in a rat laparotomy model...
- Tramadol use for axillary brachial plexus blockadeSerkan Sarsu
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gaziantep University School of Medicine Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
J Surg Res 165:e23-7. 2011We investigated the effects of tramadol added to the mixture of local anesthetic for axillary brachial plexus blockade (ABB) in patients to have undergone hand and forearm surgery.
- Tramadol vs morphine during adenotonsillectomy for obstructive sleep apnea in childrenBruce J Hullett
Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth, WA, Australia
Paediatr Anaesth 16:648-53. 2006Optimal analgesia for children undergoing adenotonsillectomy for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is controversial. Tramadol may represent a superior choice over morphine in this group, with a potential to cause less postoperative sedation ..
- A comparison of the analgesic efficacy of Tramadol Contramid OAD versus placebo in patients with pain due to osteoarthritisFrancis Burch
Radiant Research, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:328-38. 2007..multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel study designed to assess the analgesic efficacy and safety of Tramadol Contramid OAD compared to placebo...
- A comparison of analgesic efficacy of tramadol and pethidine for management of postoperative pain in children: a randomized, controlled studySerdar Ekemen
Department of Anesthesiology, Osmangazi University Medical School, Eskisehir, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 24:695-8. 2008..Opioids have been used as an analgesic for postoperative pain in children for many years. Tramadol has both opioid and monoaminergic agonist actions...
- Prolonged apnea after small single dose of intravenous tramadolRavindra Pandey
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
AANA J 78:110-2. 2010We report an unusual case of respiratory depression and prolonged apnea after a single, 50-mg intravenous dose of tramadol. Shortly after an uneventful surgery and anesthesia, the patient was administered intravenous tramadol...
- CYP2D6 polymorphism in relation to tramadol metabolism: a study of faroese patientsJónrit Halling
Institute of Public Health, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
Ther Drug Monit 30:271-5. 2008Several studies have demonstrated the impact of CYP2D6 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics of tramadol. However, the relationship between the O-demethylation of tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol (M1) and CYP2D6 activity has not previously ..
- Effects of 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine lesion of the dorsal raphe nucleus on the antidepressant-like action of tramadol in the unpredictable chronic mild stress in miceIpek Yalcin
INSERM U 930 FRE CNRS 2448, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Universite Francois Rabelais, Parc Grandmont, 37200 Tours, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:497-507. 2008b>Tramadol is a centrally acting clinically effective analgesic, with a weak opioid receptor affinity...
- Efficacy of tramadol in combination with doxepin or venlafaxine in inhibition of nociceptive process in the rat model of neuropathic pain: an isobolographic analysisA Wrzosek
Department of Pain Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:71-8. 2009Neuropathic pain constitutes a serious therapeutic problem. In most cases polytherapy is necessary. Tramadol and antidepressants have common mechanisms of action and are frequently used together in clinical practice, thus interaction ..
- Effect of tramadol on immune responses and nociceptive thresholds in a rat model of incisional painYong Min Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 9:895-902. 2008To evaluate the effects of tramadol on the proinflammatory responses in a rat model of incisional pain by investigating its effects on nociceptive thresholds and serum interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-2 levels.
- [Clinical anesthetic effects of epidural ropivacaine with tramadol]Jin Cai
Department of Anesthesiology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:218-20. 2004To observe the anesthesic effects of epidural ropivacaine with tramadol during lower limbs surgery.
- Long-term exposure of rats to tramadol alters brain dopamine and alpha 1-adrenoceptor function that may be related to antidepressant potencyAgata Faron-Górecka
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Eur J Pharmacol 501:103-10. 2004The aim of the present study was to determine whether tramadol, which has a potential antidepressant efficacy, evokes, when administered repeatedly, changes similar to the alterations induced by conventional antidepressant drugs...
- Tramadol does not impair the phagocytic capacity of human peripheral blood cellsBenzion Beilin
Department of Anesthesia, Rabin Medical Centre, Golda Campus Hasharon, 7 Keren Kayemet St, Petah Tiqva 47372, Israel
Can J Anaesth 52:1035-9. 2005..It was the aim of the study to compare the in vitro effect of tramadol with that of morphine on the engulfing ability of peripheral blood phagocytic cells from healthy volunteers.
- [Chronopharmacology of tramadol in mice]X P Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241001, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 36:561-4. 2001To investigate the influence of dosing time on acute toxicity, action and pharmacokinetics of tramadol in mice to find the circadian rhythms of the drug.
- Abuse, dependence, or withdrawal associated with tramadolAllen Brinker
Am J Psychiatry 159:881; author reply 881-2. 2002
- Metabolism of the analgesic drug ULTRAM (tramadol hydrochloride) in humans: API-MS and MS/MS characterization of metabolitesW N Wu
Division of Preclinical Development, The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Spring House, PA 19477, USA
Xenobiotica 32:411-25. 20021. Metabolism of the analgesic agent tramadol hydrochloride has been investigated after a single oral administration of tramadol to three male volunteers (100 mg/subject), and a urine pool (4-12h) was obtained. 2...
- [Effect of droperidol and tramadol combination on the hemostasis in rabbits]V V Bol'shakov
Pharmacology Department, Kemerovo State Medical Academy, ul Voroshilova 22A, Kemerovo, 650029 Russia
Eksp Klin Farmakol 65:50-2. 2002The effect of a combined administration of analgesic droperidol and neuroleptic tramadol (tramal) on the plasma coagulation and platelet aggregation was studied on awake rabbits...
- Advances in perioperative pain management: use of medications with dual analgesic mechanisms, tramadol & tapentadolVaughn E Nossaman
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University Medical Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70129, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 28:647-66. 2010..b>Tramadol and tapentadol hydrochloride are novel in that their analgesic actions occur at multiple sites...
- Comparison the analgesic effects of single dose administration of tramadol or piroxicam on postoperative pain after cesarean deliveryAmir Farshchi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Kermanshah, Iran
Acta Med Iran 48:148-53. 2010..pain in a double-blinded, randomized, single-dose comparison of the monoaminergic and mu-opioid agonist tramadol, 100 mg (Group T) and piroxicam 20 mg (Group P) given IM alone--single dose in 150 patients who had elective ..
- Evaluation of dosages and routes of administration of tramadol analgesia in rats using hot-plate and tail-flick testsCoralie Zegre Cannon
Cellular and Molecular Pathology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Lab Anim (NY) 39:342-51. 2010b>Tramadol is an opioid-like analgesic with relatively mild side effects...
- Pharmacokinetics of tramadol and its three main metabolites in healthy male and female volunteersYalda H Ardakani
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetic Division, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, 14155 6451, Tehran, Iran
Biopharm Drug Dispos 28:527-34. 2007By using a high-performance liquid chromatography method, the pharmacokinetics of the tramadol (T) and its three main metabolites, O-desmethyltramadol (M1), N-desmethyltramadol (M2) and O,N-didesmethyltramadol (M5) was studied in healthy ..
- Drug dependence and abuse potential of tramadolZ M Liu
National Institute on Drug Dependence, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao 20:52-4. 1999To assess the drug dependence and abuse liability of tramadol.
- Tramadol and propentofylline coadministration exerted synergistic effects on rat spinal nerve ligation-induced neuropathic painJin Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 8:e72943. 2013Neuropathic pain is an intractable clinical problem. Drug treatments such as tramadol have been reported to effectively decrease neuropathic pain by inhibiting the activity of nociceptive neurons...
- Synergism between fentanyl and tramadol in tonic inflammatory pain: the orofacial formalin testHugo F Miranda
Pharmacology Program, School of Medicine, ICBM, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Santiago 7, Chile
Inflammation 35:1132-7. 2012..present study was conducted to determine the antinociceptive interaction between the dual mechanism of action of tramadol compared to the main of fentanyl antinociception in the orofacial formalin which represents a model of persistent ..
- Tramadol for prevention of postanaesthetic shivering: a randomised double-blind comparison with pethidineM Mohta
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Dehli, India
Anaesthesia 64:141-6. 2009The present study was conducted with the aims of comparing intravenous tramadol 1, 2 and 3 mg.kg(-1) with pethidine 0.5 mg...
- Tramadol/paracetamol fixed-dose combination: a review of its use in the management of moderate to severe painSohita Dhillon
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Drug Investig 30:711-38. 2010b>Tramadol/paracetamol 37...
- Attenuation of C-reactive protein increases after exodontia by tramadol and ibuprofenEman A El-Sharrawy
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tanta University, Cairo, Egypt
Anesth Prog 53:78-82. 2006The anti-inflammatory effects of ibuprofen and tramadol were investigated by measuring C-reactive protein concentrations after removal of an impacted lower third molar...
- Population pharmacokinetic modelling of tramadol with application of the NPEM algorithmsS H Gan
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
J Clin Pharm Ther 29:455-63. 2004Although the kinetic behaviour of tramadol has been described, the present study is the first to our knowledge, to report specifically on the population pharmacokinetic modelling of tramadol hydrochloride.
- The analgesic drug tramadol prevents the effect of surgery on natural killer cell activity and metastatic colonization in ratsLeda Gaspani
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129, Milan, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 129:18-24. 2002..We have previously shown that the analgesic drug tramadol stimulates NK activity both in the rodent and in the human...
- Does tramadol wound infiltration offer an advantage over bupivacaine for postoperative analgesia in children following herniotomy?Yavuz Demiraran
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Konuralp Duzce, Turkey
Paediatr Anaesth 16:1047-50. 2006It has been demonstrated that tramadol is an effective analgesic. We aimed to compare postoperative analgesic effects of wound infiltration with tramadol (T) or bupivacaine (B) and intramuscular tramadol (I) after herniotomy in children.
- Use of a sparse sampling study design to assess transfer of tramadol and its O-desmethyl metabolite into transitional breast milkKenneth F Ilett
Pharmacology and Anaesthesiology Unit, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:661-6. 2008There are presently no published data on tramadol transfer into breast milk or on its effects in the breastfed infant.
- Licit &Illicit Opioids: Comparative Studies in HumansSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..to have low abuse liability but, based upon surveillance studies, are emerging as new drugs of abuse, including tramadol, buprenorphine (Subutex(R)) and buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone(R))...
- Increasing efficacy of antineoplastic drugs with gap junction enhancersThu Annelise Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, He et al. (2009) showed that tramadol and flurbiprofen depress the cytotoxicity of cisplatin through their effects of gap junction inhibition...
- Combined Behavioral &Analgesic Trial for Fibromyalgia (COMBAT-FM)DENNIS CHARLES TURK; Fiscal Year: 2013..combination of a modified version of CBT, CBTfm that targets fatigue, sleep, pain, depression, and anxiety and tramadol, a medication that has analgesic, antiserotonergic properties, and inhibits the neuronal reuptake of ..
- Overcoming Tramadol Resistance In CYP2D6 Poor MetabolizersJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tramadol is a widely prescribed analgesic, with over 25 million prescriptions and $565 million in retail sales in 2009, making it among the best selling generic drugs...
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2003..focusing on four oral drugs commonly used in outpatient settings: hydrocodone, oxycodone, propoxyphene, and tramadol. In the second series of studies, we will follow up on a study from the previous granting period in which some of ..
- Medications Development for Drug Abuse DisordersEric C Strain; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): This grant has funded human laboratory studies examining the pharmacological characteristics of tramadol, an atypical opioid analgesic...
- Multi-day Pain Management Therapy with Novel Injectable FormulationMilind Singh; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using tramadol, an unscheduled opioid, this project aims to create a long-acting (up to 5-day) tramadol formulation in an ..
- Overcoming Tramadol Resistance In CYP2D6 Poor MetabolizersJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tramadol is a widely prescribed analgesic, with 18,526,000 prescriptions and $281,559,000 in retail sales in 2007, making it the 31st best selling generic drug...
- Molecular Genetics of Inattention in AustraliaTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be at a marked cost savings due to the employment of existing well-characterized samples and the long history of collaborative studies between investigators from Australia and the United States. ..
- Neuropharmacology of Tramadol: Clinical Efficacy and Abuse PotentialWILLIAM WALTON STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Tramadol is an unscheduled atypical analgesic with opioid activity...
- OPIATE ENDOCRINE INTERACTIONS--DEVELOPMENTAL ASPECTSTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed animal studies could establish whether gender differences exist and if these differences are based on inherent, first-order biological differences between the sexes. ..
- Joint Action Analysis of Poly-drug WithdrawalRobert Raffa; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., electrophysiologic or molecular biology techniques. An improved understanding of how withdrawal is influenced by poly-drug abuse could lead to development of enhanced clinical treatment. ..
- AMINOBENZOMORPHAN: POTENTIAL COCAINE ABUSE MEDICATIONSMark Wentland; Fiscal Year: 2009..Radioligand binding, [35S]GTPvS, and mouse antinociceptive assays will be used to characterize new targets pharmacologically. ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Separate and Combined Effects of Progesterone and Triazolam in Healthy WomenShanna Babalonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..As such, these studies will contribute towards the development of gender-specific intervention and/or prevention strategies and health management approaches. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Opioid Pharmacotherapy on FunctioningMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data from this project may also enhance the scientific understanding of pharmacological and cognitive mechanisms. ..
- Hyperthermia: Uncoupling the agony from EcstasyJON SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..thyrotoxic [unreadable] crisis). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES CONSTRUCTIONSamuel Stanley; Fiscal Year: 2004..The CNRU will bring together a wide group of researchers providing a synergistic environment to enhance translational and clinical neuroscience research at Washington University in St. Louis. ..
- Addiction Treatment in Russia: Oral and Depot NaltrexoneGeorge Woody; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize that outcomes will be better with DIN than ON, and that each will be more effective than placebo. ..
- Ecstasy's neurotoxicity: role of hyperthermiaJON SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Optimal Strategies for PID Prevention and ManagementKenneth Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SELF-INJURIOUS BEHAVIOR: MOLECULAR MARKERSDARRAGH DEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PERSISTENT EFFECTS OF LT/LI DRUG RISK COUNSELINGGeorge Woody; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also believe this model of intervention has important public health significance as a sustainable, community based, early intervention for drug users. ..
- STUDY OF OSTEOPOROTIC FRACTURESMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Role of T Cells in Lung Disease in Systemic SclerosisMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information that is gained will advance knowledge of T-cell dependent mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis in scleroderma. ..
- Local Immunosuppression for Liver TransplantationReza Mehvar; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies are significant because they will eventually lead to a substantial reduction in morbidity and mortality associated with the current immunosuppressive protocols used in liver transplantation. ..
- CHARACTERIZING PSYCHOACTIVE EFFECTS OF INHALANTSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2004..In short, in our two proposed series of studies, we are developing a human laboratory model of inhalant abuse by studying potential determinants of abuse liability of inhalants (volatile and gaseous) in healthy volunteers. ..
- Abuse-Related Effects of Opioids and Adjuvant Drug Used by Chronic Pain PatientsJames P Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., muscle relaxant B) would be the preferred drug to prescribe when treating chronic nonmalignant pain patients. ..
- Neuroimaging of Benzodiazepine-Induced AmnesiaMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results of the proposed research also will enhance the understanding of the functional neuroanatomy of basic human memory processes. ..
- The Michigan Clinical Research CollaboratoryDaniel Clauw; Fiscal Year: 2004..Disseminate findings, tools, and strategies from this project to other re-engineered networks and Research Centers, and ultimately interface with a National Electronics Clinical Trials and Research (NECTAR) network...
- Benzodiazepine Use/Abuse: Effects on Memory MechanismsMIRIAM MINTZER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information from this project can also be used to develop cognitive rehabilitation programs and to tailor drug abuse and anxiety treatment interventions to the specific capabilities of long-term users. ..
- Promoting Mental Health in the WorkplaceDebra Lerner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, this project will generate important information for key health care system stakeholders including consumers, purchasers, providers, and policymakers. ..
- Methadone maintenance and HIV risk in UkraineGeorge Woody; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEPRESSION AND PRODUCTIVE WORK ACTIVITYDebra Lerner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Study results will contribute to the design of disability prevention and productivity improvement programs and policies. ..
- Stepped Care for Depression and Musculoskeletal PainKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Longitudinal assessment of the nondepressed cohort will establish the frequency and risk factors for incident depression. ..
- CHRONIC LOW BACK PAIN AS A MODEL OF FIBROMYALGIADaniel Clauw; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- 2,5 CYCLOHEXADIENONES IN NATURAL PRODUCTS SYNTHESISMark Wentland; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TeleCare Management of Pain and Depression in CancerKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, if proven effective for depression and pain, TCM could readily be expanded to reducing barriers and improving care of other cancer-related symptoms. ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR TRAINING ENHANCEMENT: CITE PROGRAMKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HYPOGLYCEMIA AND AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM FUNCTIONRoy Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the broad long term objectives of the proposal are to fully understand the mechanisms and consequences of hypoglycemia associated autonomic failure with the ultimate goal of finding an efficacious treatment. ..