Genomes and Genes
Summary: An organic amine proton acceptor. It is used in the synthesis of surface-active agents and pharmaceuticals; as an emulsifying agent for cosmetic creams and lotions, mineral oil and paraffin wax emulsions, as a biological buffer, and used as an alkalizer. (From Merck, 11th ed; Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1424)
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of carboprost tromethamine in the treatment of cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitisL A Levine
Section of Urology, University of Chicago, IL 60637
Cancer 66:242-5. 1990..Each patient had failed to respond to conservative management. Carboprost tromethamine (Hemabate) was instilled into the bladder, with dwell times ranging from 45 to 60 minutes, three to four times ..
- Comparison of oral nonsteroidal analgesic and intrauterine local anesthetic for pain relief in uterine fractional curettage: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialOlus Api
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Teaching and Research Hospital, Acelya Sok No 12 2, Dragos Kartal, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:28.e1-7. 2010..We sought to investigate the analgesic efficacy of oral dexketoprofen trometamol and intrauterine lidocaine in patients undergoing fractional curettage...
- Effect of pH value of freeze-drying solution on the chromosome integrity and developmental ability of mouse spermatozoaTakehito Kaneko
The Institute for Biogenesis Research, Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Biol Reprod 68:136-9. 2003..0) rather than near neutral or acidic (pH 7.4-6.0). The data indicated that the chromosome integrity and developmental ability of mouse spermatozoa are affected by the pH value of freeze-drying solution...
- Analgesic efficacy and safety of nonpreserved ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution following radial keratotomy. Ketorolac Radial Keratotomy Study GroupR W Yee
University of Texas at Houston, 77030, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 125:472-80. 1998To compare the analgesic efficacy and safety of nonpreserved ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% with those of its vehicle in the treatment of postsurgical ocular pain following radial keratotomy.
- Prophylactic and therapeutic carboprost tromethamine bladder irrigation in rats with cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitisD M Kranc
Department of Surgery Urology, University of Chicago, Illinois
J Urol 148:1326-30. 1992..Among the prostaglandins studied is carboprost tromethamine, a PGF2a analog...
- Entry of tromethamine into the cerebrospinal fluid of humans after cerebrovascular eventsR Nau
Department of Neurology, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 66:25-32. 1999The intravenous administration of tromethamine (INN, trometamol) lowers the intracranial pressure in patients with brain edema. One postulated mechanism of action is the increase of the pH of the cerebrospinal fluid.
- The treatment of acidosis in acute lung injury with tris-hydroxymethyl aminomethane (THAM)R H Kallet
Department of Anesthesia and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco at San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1149-53. 2000..Although further studies are needed to confirm these observations, THAM appears to be an effective alternative to sodium bicarbonate for treating acidosis during ALI...
- The effects on platelet aggregation and prostanoid biosynthesis of two parenteral analgesics: ketorolac tromethamine and dipyroneG Geisslinger
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Graz, Austria
Thromb Haemost 76:592-7. 1996The pharmacokinetics and effects on platelet function of dipyrone (1.0 g; 2.5 g; i.v.) and ketorolac tromethamine (30 mg; i.m.) were studied in a three-way crossover study in twelve healthy subjects...
- Treating intraoperative hyperchloremic acidosis with sodium bicarbonate or tris-hydroxymethyl aminomethane: a randomized prospective studyMarkus Rehm
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 18377 Munich, Germany markus rehm ana med uni muenchen de
Anesth Analg 96:1201-8, table of contents. 2003..8 mmol/L because of the occurrence of an unmeasured cation. In conclusion, in case of buffering with BIC or THAM, the changes in pH were accompanied by, and probably caused by, an increase in strong ion difference...
- Investigation of novel quantum dots/proteins/cellulose bioconjugate using NSOM and fluorescencePeng Zhang
Department of Chemistry, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, New Mexico 87801, USA
J Fluoresc 16:349-53. 2006..The spectroscopic change of spectroscopic properties of the QDs upon bioconjugation, indicating the interaction among the immobilized QDs and between the constructed protein and QDs...
- Effect of buffer species on the thermally induced aggregation of interferon-tauDerrick S Katayama
Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:1212-26. 2006..This study represents the first detailed biophysical study of specific buffer-induced stabilization, resulting in shifting the equilibrium towards the native state and away form the expanded aggregation-competent species...
- Histone-DNA binding free energy cannot be measured in dilution-driven dissociation experimentsA Thåström
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Biochemistry 43:736-41. 2004..Kinetic stability is of practical importance: it may govern nucleosome function in vivo, and it may (but need not) parallel absolute thermodynamic stability...
- Using hydrophilic adhesive tape for collection of evidence for forensic DNA analysisRichard C Li
Forensic Science Program, College of Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX 77341 2296, USA
J Forensic Sci 48:1318-21. 2003..In addition, this collection method should reduce the risk of DNA degradation due to the moisture, which is encountered using conventional collecting methods...
- Increased lactate levels impair the coagulation system--a potential contributing factor to progressive hemorrhage after traumatic brain injuryMartin Engstrom
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 18:200-4. 2006..It may also be important to consider in bleeding trauma patients...
- Biochemical characterization of the dissociated forms from the core antenna proteins from purple bacteriaVeronique Arluison
Section de Biophysique des Fonctions Membranaires, DBJC CEA and URA CNRS 2096, C E SACLAY, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Biochemistry 41:11812-9. 2002....
- Peculiar features of the aggregation effect of silver(I) ion on hemoglobinAnatoli E Myshkin
Institute of Biochemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, 117977, V 334 Moscow, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1651:124-9. 2003..Mercury ligands, in particular, Tris molecules and OH(-) anions markedly suppress the protein coagulation, thereby supporting the proposed protein aggregation mechanism...
- Buffer administration during CPR promotes cerebral reperfusion after return of spontaneous circulation and mitigates post-resuscitation cerebral acidosisXiaoli Liu
Uppsala University Hospital, Department of Surgical Sciences Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Resuscitation 55:45-55. 2002..The arterial alkalosis often noticed during CPR after the administration of alkaline buffers was caused by low systemic blood flow, which also results in poor outcome...
- Nonradioactive assay for quality control of flat-bottom pins during DNA-array productionStefan Kotschote
GPC Biotech AG, Munich, Germany
Biotechniques 35:266-8, 270. 2003
- Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett films of organophosphorus acid anhydrolaseSarita V Mello
Department of Chemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33146, USA
Biomacromolecules 4:968-73. 2003..The clear, pronounced response and the stability of the LB film as a DFP sensor show the potential of this system as a biosensor...
- Differential effect of buffer on the spin trapping of nitric oxide by iron chelatesS Porasuphatana
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Anal Biochem 298:50-6. 2001..7 than was Fe(DTCS)2. Data suggested that Fe(DTCS)2 and Fe(MGD)2 are efficient at spin trapping NO* but their maximal efficiency may be affected by experimental conditions...
- A macrocyclic polyamine as an anion receptor in the capillary electrochromatographic separation of carbohydratesChuen Ying Liu
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 1154:407-15. 2007....
- Relationship between stability of folding intermediates and amyloid formation for the yeast prion Ure2p: a quantitative analysis of the effects of pH and buffer systemLi Zhu
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 15 Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
J Mol Biol 328:235-54. 2003..In Tris buffer the lag time is increased, suggesting that stabilization of the native state disfavours amyloid nucleation...
- SDS disc electrophoresis of proteins in homogeneous, low-concentrated polyacrylamide gelsI Piotr Maly
Section of Functional Neuroanatomy, Institute of Anatomy, DKBW, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Electrophoresis 28:1508-13. 2007..The gel system is easy to prepare and, due to the very low acrylamide concentrations, it is ideal for analytical as well as for preparative tasks...
- Calorimetric determination of thermodynamic parameters of reaction reveals different enthalpic compensations of the yeast hexokinase isozymesM Lucia Bianconi
Departamento de Bioquimica Medica, Intituto de Ciências Biomédicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
J Biol Chem 278:18709-13. 2003..The differences in Delta HR obtained here for both isozymes strongly suggest that, besides glucose phosphorylation, another side reaction such as ATP hydrolysis and/or enzyme phosphorylation is taking place...
- Effects of common buffer systems on drug activity: the case of clerocidinSara Richter
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padova, Via Marzolo 5, 35131 Padova, Italy
Chem Res Toxicol 17:492-501. 2004....
- Hemifluorinated surfactants: a non-dissociating environment for handling membrane proteins in aqueous solutions?Cécile Breyton
Laboratoire de Physicochimie Moléculaire des Membranes Biologiques, UMR 7099, CNRS and Universite Paris 7, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, F 75005 Paris, France
FEBS Lett 564:312-8. 2004..The stabilization of cytochrome b(6)f is at least partly due to a better retention of protein-bound lipids...
- Models of protein modification in Tris-glycine and neutral pH Bis-Tris gels during electrophoresis: effect of gel pHJohn P Hachmann
Invitrogen Corporation, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Anal Biochem 342:237-45. 2005..5 versus the conventional pH 6.8 of Tris-glycine gels. It is shown that significantly less protein degradation occurs during sample preparation at the higher pH used with Bis-Tris gels...
- Long-term motility and fertility conservation of chilled canine semen using egg yolk added Tris-glucose extender: in vitro and in vivo studiesJ P Verstegen
College of Veterinary Medicine, LACS Small Animal Reproduction, University of Florida Gainesville, P O B 10036, 2015 SW 16 AV, Gainesville, USA
Theriogenology 64:720-33. 2005..The role of energetic substrate and pH alteration is postulated and the classically accepted relation of semen motility/viability is raised...
- Cu(II) complexation by "non-coordinating" N-2-hydroxyethylpiperazine-N'-2-ethanesulfonic acid (HEPES buffer)Magdalena Sokołowska
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Wrocław, F Joliot Curie 14, 50 383 Wrocław, Poland
J Inorg Biochem 99:1653-60. 2005..Therefore, HEPES can still be recommended for Cu(II) studies in place of other common buffers, such as Tris and phosphate, but appropriate corrections and precautions should be applied in quantitative experiments...
- Effectiveness of a tris-based extender (SHOTOR diluent) for the preservation of Bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus) semenA Niasari-Naslaji
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Cryobiology 53:12-21. 2006..05). In conclusion, the utilization of a tris-based extender, having the osmolality of 330 mOsm/kg and pH of 6.9, favors the short-term preservation of the Bactrian camel spermatozoa under chilled condition...
- Chiral ion-exchange capillary electrochromatography of arylglycine amides with dextran sulfate as a pseudostationary phaseYi Chen
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Department of Chemical Biology, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, P R China
Electrophoresis 26:833-40. 2005..The amido group was shown irreplaceable to have chiral resolution with DS alone as an ionic and chiral pseudostationary phase...
- Small diamines as modifiers for phosphatidylcholine/phosphatidylserine coatings in capillary electrochromatographySami J O Varjo
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, PO Box 55, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Chromatogr A 1081:92-8. 2005..The factors affecting phospholipid coatings with diamines as modifiers are clarified...
- Tris-borate is a poor counterion for RNA: a cautionary tale for RNA folding studiesKaren L Buchmueller
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3290, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:e184. 2004..Under some conditions, Tris-borate is a poor counterion for RNA and its use merits careful evaluation in RNA folding studies...
- Effect of glass dissolution products on the detection of proteins by silver stainingM M Hall
Alfred University, School of Engineering, Binns Merrill Hall, 2 Pine Street, Alfred, New York 14802, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 75:435-41. 2005..The cause of this behavior may be due to an interference with the fixation stage of the staining protocol, thereby resulting in the loss of protein in subsequent rinsing stages...
- Preliminary studies on cryopreservation of hare (Lepus europaeus Pallas, 1778) semenRoland Kozdrowski
Department and Clinic of Reproduction, Ruminants Diseases and Animal Health Protection, Agricultural University of Wrocław, Plac Grunwaldzki 49, 50 366 Wrocław, Poland
Anim Reprod Sci 93:379-82. 2006..10+/-3.69% and percentage of live spermatozoa 35.05+/-4.21%. Based on the properties of freezing-thawing semen, the hare semen can be successfully preserved in extender used for rabbit semen...
- Primary structure elements of spider dragline silks and their contribution to protein solubilityDaniel Huemmerich
Department of Biotechnology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85747 Garching, Germany
Biochemistry 43:13604-12. 2004....
- Influence of glucose and fructose in the extender during long-term storage of chilled canine semenSuppawiwat Ponglowhapan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, PO Box 7039, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Theriogenology 62:1498-517. 2004..EYT extender supplemented with fructose at a concentration of 70 mM was found to be the best of the tested extenders for long-term preservation of chilled canine semen...
- History and principles of conductive media for standard DNA electrophoresisJonathan R Brody
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Anal Biochem 333:1-13. 2004..Such media allow for application of a higher electric field. Applications of DNA electrophoresis can now be reengineered for lower ionic strength, higher field strengths, and lower requirements for heat dissipation...
- Effects of egg yolk during the freezing step of cryopreservation on the viability of goat spermatozoaEiman M E Aboagla
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, Graduate School of Biosphere Sciences, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739 8528, Japan
Theriogenology 62:1160-72. 2004..Furthermore, although neither glycerol nor egg yolk per se affected the proportion of intact acrosomes, the combination of the two significantly reduced the proportion of acrosome-intact spermatozoa...
- Improvements in two-dimensional gel electrophoresis by utilizing a low cost "in-house" neutral pH sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis systemDavid R M Graham
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Proteomics 5:2309-14. 2005..Their utility is demonstrated using albumin-depleted serum samples, rabbit heart left ventricle, and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- Ability to activate oocytes and chromosome integrity of mouse spermatozoa preserved in EGTA Tris-HCl buffered solution supplemented with antioxidantsHirokazu Kusakabe
Department of Biological Sciences, Asahikawa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, 078 8510, Japan
Theriogenology 62:897-905. 2004..These results suggested that deterioration of spermatozoa preserved in ETBS alone was delayed by supplementation with antioxidants...
- Factors determining types and morphologies of calcium oxalate crystals: molar concentrations, buffering, pH, stirring and temperatureVisith Thongboonkerd
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Office for Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 12th Floor Adulyadej Vikrom Building, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Clin Chim Acta 367:120-31. 2006..Calcium oxalate (CaOx) can be crystallized in several forms and morphologies. We evaluated factors that determine differential types and shapes of CaOx crystals generated in vitro...
- Influence of extender, freezing rate, and thawing rate on post-thaw motility, viability and morphology of coyote (Canis latrans) spermatozoaLarry J Minter
Utah State University, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Logan, UT 84322, USA
Theriogenology 64:1898-912. 2005..5-44.0%) and viability (range, 64-49.6%) with the least amount of morphological and acrosomal abnormalities...
- Simultaneous determination of cefepime and vancomycin in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid by MEKC with direct sample injection and application for bacterial meningitisYuan Han Yang
Department of Neurology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 28:1788-97. 2007..5 microg/mL, respectively. The applicability of the proposed method for the determination of cefepime and vancomycin in plasma and CSF collected after intravenous administration of the drugs in patients with meningitis was demonstrated...
- HCO3- potentiates the cAMP-dependent secretory response of the human distal colon through a DIDS-sensitive pathwayJ Taylor
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, P.O. Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
Pflugers Arch 442:256-62. 2001....
- Mathematical modeling of buffers used in myocardial preservationJonathan R Triana
Sarver Heart Center, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Perfusion 22:353-62. 2007..Our hypothesis is that mathematical modeling of three clinically used buffers will define their individual buffering capacities under simulated clinical conditions...
- Evaluation of possible reasons for the low phenylalanine ammonia lyase activity in cellulose nitrate membrane microcapsulesS Habibi-Moini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Pharm 215:185-96. 2001..However, encapsulated PAL had a 50% lower V(max) value compared to free PAL, which showed that the microencapsulation process deactivated a substantial proportion of the enzyme...
- Polymorphic assemblies and crystalline arrays of lens tetraspanin MP20Tamir Gonen
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Mol Biol 376:380-92. 2008..The various complexes formed by MP20 most likely reflect the many ways in which tetraspanins can interact with each other to allow formation of TEMs...
- Effect of buffer components and carrier solvents on in vitro activity of recombinant human carboxylesterasesEric T Williams
Department of Drug Disposition, Lilly Research, Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, United States
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 57:138-44. 2008..Therefore, it is unknown if the many different assay conditions used by various laboratories have a substantial impact on the activity of CE enzymes...
- Analysis of vancomycin and related impurities by micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography. Method development and validationJ W Kang
Laboratorium voor Farmaceutische Chemie en Analyse van Geneesmiddelen, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Electrophoresis 22:2588-92. 2001..The limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantitation (LOQ) were 0.4 microg/mL vancomycin, equivalent to 0.3 microg/mL vancomycin B (0.04%) and 1.1 microg/mL vancomycin, equivalent to 0.9 microg/mL vancomycin B (0.1%), respectively...
- Internal pH indicators for biomolecular NMROlga K Baryshnikova
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2H7
J Biomol NMR 41:5-7. 2008..5 to 9.8. This method is suitable for a wide range of applications where samples are handled intensively during NMR titrations or in high throughput analysis in structural genomics or metabolomics...
- New buffers to improve the quantitative real-time polymerase chain reactionAshraf Ahmad
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering Molecular Biotechnology, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1970-8. 2007..Mixing more than one compound with the Tris buffer was also effective for expanding the dynamic range and increasing the efficiency and correlation coefficient in quantitative real-time PCR...
- A novel [Ag(NH3)2]+ probe for chemiluminescent imaging detection of proteins after polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisXin Xiong
College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, PR China
Proteomics 7:2511-21. 2007..The CL imaging conditions, including luminescent reagents, silver ion concentration, the ammonia-controlled system and the washing reagents parameters have also been optimized...
- Autonomous microfluidic multi-channel chip for real-time PCR with integrated liquid handlingOlivier Frey
Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Laboratory, Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchatel, rue Jaquet Droz 1, 2000, Neuchatel, Switzerland
Biomed Microdevices 9:711-8. 2007..Successful real-time PCR and the determination of the threshold cycle, Ct, using the developed device were demonstrated with plasmid DNA in a fluorescent real-time format...
- Acidosis and impaired blood coagulation: what and how to correct before using recombinant human factor VIIaCarl Erik Dempfle
Crit Care Med 35:1627-9. 2007
- Analysis of organic acids and inorganic anions in beverage drinks by capillary electrophoresisYing Sing Fung
Department of Chemistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Electrophoresis 24:3224-32. 2003..Our CZE procedure provided a sensitive and economic technique for simultaneous determination of inorganic and organic acid anions in orange juice, red and white wine samples...
- An alternate high yielding purification method for Clitoria ternatea lectinAabgeena Naeem
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, India Department of Biochemistry, Life Science, AMU, Aligarh 202002, India
Int J Biol Macromol 41:481-6. 2007..The content of lectin was found to be 30mg/30g dry weight of pulse. The yield was 2.8% as compared to 0.3% obtained on fetuin column. The number of tryptophan and tyrosine estimated was four and six per subunit...
- Two pathways of iron uptake in bovine spleen apoferritin dependent on iron concentrationKoichi Orino
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 15:59-63. 2002..These results demonstrate that iron loading of apoferritin was accomplished at physiological iron concentrations, which is essential for iron uptake, via two uptake pathways of dependent on iron concentration...
- Multidrug-resistant Gram-negative infections: what are the treatment options?Helen Giamarellou
4th Department of Internal Medicine, Athens University School of Medicine, ATTIKON University Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Drugs 69:1879-901. 2009..Fosfomycin tromethamine, a synthetic salt of fosfomycin discovered in 1969, has regained attention because of its in vitro activity ..
- Gateways to Clinical Trials. June 2002M Bayes
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 24:291-327. 2002..beta, interferon beta-1a, interferon beta-1b, interferon omega, irbesartan, itraconazole; Ketorolac, ketorolac tromethamine; Lamifiban, lamotrigine, lanoteplase, lansoprazole, leflunomide, leuprorelin acetate, levetiracetam, ..
- Effects of cloprostenol sodium at final prostaglandin F2α of Ovsynch on complete luteolysis and pregnancy per artificial insemination in lactating dairy cowsJ P N Martins
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2815-24. 2011..as 20% of cows treated with a Presynch/Ovsynch program have delayed or incomplete luteolysis using dinoprost tromethamine. Cows must have complete luteolysis to have a chance to become pregnant...
- Ketorolac versus prednisolone versus combination therapy in the treatment of acute pseudophakic cystoid macular edemaJ S Heier
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 107:2034-8;discussion 2039. 2000To evaluate the efficacy of ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% ophthalmic solution, prednisolone acetate 1...
- The effect of estrus synchronization treatment on somatic cell count of transitional-anestrus local-Damascus cross breed goats' milkA Q Talafha
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:185-92. 2008..In addition, goats of FGA-PGF group were injected with 10 mg dinoprost tromethamine (PGF2alpha) on day 0. Five fertile local-Damascus cross bucks were turned-in with all goats on day 0...
- Sublingual hyoscyamine sulfate in combination with ketorolac tromethamine for ureteral colic: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialJ B Jones
Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Ann Emerg Med 37:141-6. 2001We evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single dose of hyoscyamine sulfate in combination with ketorolac tromethamine for the reduction of pain in emergency department patients with ureteral colic.
- Treatment of acute pseudophakic cystoid macular edema: Diclofenac versus ketorolacDavid S Rho
Department of Ophthalmology, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NY, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2378-84. 2003..1% solution (Voltaren Ophthalmic) is as efficacious as topical ketorolac tromethamine 0...
- Retinal toxicity of commercially available intravitreal ketorolac in albino rabbitsIzabela Komarowska
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology and the Rappaport Institute, Haifa, Israel
Retina 29:98-105. 2009To determine whether intravitreal injection of a commercially available ketorolac tromethamine preparation causes retinal toxicity in albino rabbits.
- Release studies on niosomes containing fatty alcohols as bilayer stabilizers instead of cholesterolGopi N Devaraj
University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, 506 009, India
J Colloid Interface Sci 251:360-5. 2002..Aqueous solution of ketorolac tromethamine (KT) was entrapped in them...
- Preoperative ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% in phacoemulsification outcomes: pharmacokinetic-response curveEric D Donnenfeld
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1474-82. 2006To assess the clinical benefit, relative efficacy, and pharmacokinetic-response curve of preoperative and postoperative ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% (Acular LS) to improve outcomes during and after cataract surgery.
- Treatment of retinopathy of prematurity with topical ketorolac tromethamine: a preliminary studyMedardo Avila-Vazquez
NICU, Neonatalogy Service, Hospital Universitario de Maternidad y Neonatologia, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
BMC Pediatr 4:15. 2004..This is a preliminary report of the effectiveness and safety of a new and original use of topical ketorolac in preterm newborn to prevent the progression of ROP to the more severe forms of this disease...
- Inhibition of choroidal neovascularization by intravitreal ketorolacStephen J Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:596-600. 2010..To determine the inhibitory effect of intravitreal nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on choroidal neovascularization (CNV) in an animal model of age-related macular degeneration...
- Evaluation of 0.4% ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution versus 0.5% ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution after phacoemulsification and intraocular lens implantationHelga P Sandoval
Magill Research Center for Vision Correction, Medical University of South Carolina, Storm Eye Institute, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 22:251-7. 2006The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness and patient tolerance of 0.4% ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution and 0.5% ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution after routine phacoemulsification and lens implantation.
- Fosfomycin tromethamine as second agent for the treatment of acute, uncomplicated urinary tract infections in adult female patients in The Netherlands?B J Knottnerus
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:356-9. 2008..The third choice is fosfomycin tromethamine for which no current resistance data from The Netherlands are available...
- Comparison of prednisolone 1%, rimexolone 1% and ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% after cataract extraction: a prospective, randomized, double-masked studyChristoph Hirneiss
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Mathildenstrasse 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:768-73. 2005To compare the efficacy, safety and patient comfort of two topical steroids (prednisolone 1% and rimexolone 1%) and a topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (ketorolac tromethamine 0.5%) after extracapsular cataract extraction.
- Comparative study of 0.1% olopatadine hydrochloride and 0.5% ketorolac tromethamine in the treatment of seasonal allergic conjunctivitisVolkan Yaylali
Department of Ophthalmology, Pamukkale University School of Medicine, 20010 Denizli, Turkey
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:378-82. 2003..To compare the therapeutic effects of two ophthalmic solutions (0.1% olopatadine hydrochloride and 0.5% ketorolac tromethamine) with different pharmacological mechanisms on the clinical signs and Symptoms of seasonal allergic ..
- JSAR Innovative Technology Award. Development of ovulation synchronization and fixed time artificial insemination in dairy cowsKyoji Yamada
Shibetsu Veterinary Clinical Center, Nemuro District NOSAI, Hokkaido, Japan
J Reprod Dev 51:177-86. 2005..A steady and sufficient conception rate after Ovsynch/TAI could be expected by taking the factors affecting the conception rate into the consideration...
- Comparison of ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% and rimexolone 1% to control inflammation after cataract extraction. Prospective randomized double-masked studyK D Solomon
Storm Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, 29425, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1232-7. 2001To compare the efficacy of a topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent (ketorolac tromethamine 0.5%) with that of a topical steroid (rimexolone 1%) to control inflammation after cataract surgery.
- Comparison of ketorolac tromethamine, diclofenac sodium, and loteprednol etabonate in an animal model of ocular inflammationL David Waterbury
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 22:155-9. 2006The aim of this study was to compare the anti-inflammatory activities of ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% and 0.1%; diclofenac sodium 0.1%; and loteprednol etabonate 0.5% suspension in an animal model of ocular inflammation.
- Ketorolac plus tobramycin/dexamethasone versus tobramycin/dexamethasone after uneventful phacoemulsification surgery: a randomized controlled trialIrini P Chatziralli
Department of Ophthalmology, Veroia General Hospital, 28 Papanastasiou Street, Veroia, Greece
Ophthalmologica 225:89-94. 2011....
- Postoperative ketorolac tromethamine use in infants aged 6-18 months: the effect on morphine usage, safety assessment, and stereo-specific pharmacokineticsAnne M Lynn
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Anesth Analg 104:1040-51, tables of contents. 2007..The only parenteral nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug currently available in the United States is ketorolac tromethamine with cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 effects...
- Formulation, characterization, and evaluation of ketorolac tromethamine-loaded biodegradable microspheresVivek Ranjan Sinha
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Drug Deliv 12:133-9. 2005Ketorolac tromethamine has to be given every 6 hr intramuscularly in patients for acute pain, so to avoid frequent dosing and patient inconvenience we found it to be a suitable candidate for parenteral controlled delivery by biodegradable ..
- Use of Acular LS in the pain management of keratoconus: a pilot studyJessica O Yu
Clinical Sciences, Contact Lens Research Group, SUNY State College of Optometry, New York, New York, USA
Optom Vis Sci 87:125-30. 2010The purpose of this pilot study was to determine the efficacy of ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% for pain management in conjunction with rigid gas permeable contact lenses in keratoconus...
- Entrapment of ketorolac tromethamine in polymeric vehicle for controlled drug deliveryS K Paliwal
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, Banasthali Vidyapith 304 022, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 71:687-91. 2009..type E/RL/RS, Carbopol ETD 2020 and Carbopol 934 National Formulary were formulated with drug, ketorolac tromethamine. The adhesive strength of polymers on corneal surface and permeation characteristics of drug through cornea ..
- Effects of the 2-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-proprionic acid/kainate antagonist LY293558 on spontaneous and evoked postoperative painI Gilron
Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1258, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 68:320-7. 2000..Previous studies suggest that 2-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-proprionic acid (AMPA)/kainate antagonists reduce experimentally induced pain. There have been no studies of AMPA/kainate antagonists in clinical pain...
- Comparison of cyclooxygenase inhibitory activity and ocular anti-inflammatory effects of ketorolac tromethamine and bromfenac sodiumL David Waterbury
Pacific BioLabs, Hercules, CA 94070, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1133-40. 2006To compare the cyclooxygenase (COX) activity and anti-inflammatory effects of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) ketorolac tromethamine (ketorolac) and bromfenac sodium (bromfenac).
- Ovulatory response and embryo yield in Jakhrana goats following treatments with PMSG and FSHA K Goel
Embryo Transfer Technology Laboratory, Physiology, Reproduction and Shelter Management Division, Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, PO Farah 281122, Mathura, UP India
Trop Anim Health Prod 37:549-58. 2005..To synchronize oestrus, a luteolytic dose of carboprost tromethamine (Upjohn, UK) was administered intramuscularly to all does at the dose rate of 5 microg per kg body weight in a ..
- Initial salt screening procedures for manufacturing ibuprofenTu Lee
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, National Central University, Jhong Li City, Taiwan, Republic of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:555-67. 2009..The future work is to search for the different polymorphs of this amine salt of ibuprofen and to extend the initial salt screening working logics to the formation of co-crystals...
- Analysis of the analgesic interactions between ketorolac and tramadol during arthritic nociception in ratFrancisco Javier López-Muñoz
Laboratorio No 7, Dolor y Analgesia del Departamento de Farmacobiología, CINVESTAV IPN, Calzada de los Tenorios No 235, Col Granjas Coapa, Deleg Tlalpan, Mexico, DF, CP 14330 Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 484:157-65. 2004..order to assess a possible synergistic antinociceptive interactions, the antinociceptive effects of ketorolac tromethamine, p.o., a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and tramadol hydrochloride, p.o...
- Ketorolac tromethamine LS 0.4% versus nepafenac 0.1% in patients having cataract surgery. Prospective randomized double-masked clinical trialHon Vu Q Duong
Nevada State College, Henderson, Nevada 89012, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1925-9. 2007To compare the clinical, subjective, and objective outcomes of the use of 2 topical nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs--ketorolac tromethamine LS 0.4% (Acular) and nepafenac 0.1% (Nevanac)--in patients having cataract surgery.
- Efficacy and tolerability of preservative-free and preserved diclofenac and preserved ketorolac eyedrops after cataract surgerySaskia M Maca
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Ophthalmol 149:777-84. 2010..To compare the anti-inflammatory efficacy and subjective tolerability of preservative-free and preserved diclofenac 0.1% and preserved ketorolac 0.5% eye drops for prophylaxis and management of inflammation after cataract surgery...
- Pain reduction after laser in situ keratomileusis with ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution 0.5%: a randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled trialFrancis W Price
Price Vision Group, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Refract Surg 18:140-4. 2002To evaluate the analgesic efficacy of ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution 0.5% after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK).
- Glucocorticoids regulate intestinal glutamine synthetase gene expression in endotoxemiaP Sarantos
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
Arch Surg 129:59-65. 1994....
- Preparation and evaluation of ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin for periodontal diseasesJeon Heon Yang
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Wanju 565 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:871-5. 2007Ketorolac tromethamine gel (KT gel) and ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin (KTG gel) were prepared and their therapeutic effects on periodontitis were evaluated...
- Intramuscular ketorolac versus osteopathic manipulative treatment in the management of acute neck pain in the emergency department: a randomized clinical trialTamara M McReynolds
Department of Emergency Medicine, Darnall Army Community Hospital, Fort Hood, TX, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 105:57-68. 2005Ketorolac tromethamine injected intramuscularly (IM) has been shown to be an effective analgesic in treating patients with acute musculoskeletal pain in the emergency department (ED)...
- A randomized, masked comparison of topical ketorolac 0.4% plus steroid vs steroid alone in low-risk cataract surgery patientsJohn R Wittpenn
State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11790, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 146:554-560. 2008To evaluate whether adding perioperative topical ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% improves cataract surgery outcomes relative to topical steroids alone in patients without known risk factors for cystoid macular edema (CME).
- Effects of prostaglandins and prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors on sexual behavior in boarsMark J Estienne
Virginia Tech Tidewater Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 6321 Holland Road, Suffolk, VA 23437, USA
Reprod Biol 7:163-75. 2007..On each of five consecutive days, boars received i.m. treatment with saline, dinoprost tromethamine or cloprostenol sodium (n=12/group). On each of day 1 (p=0.06), day 2 (p<0.05), and day 3 (p<0...
- Effect of prophylactic nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs on cystoid macular edema assessed using optical coherence tomography quantification of total macular volume after cataract surgeryDavid R P Almeida
Department of Ophthalmology, Queen s University, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:64-9. 2008..the efficacy of prophylactic administration of the topical nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) ketorolac tromethamine 0...
- Influence of estrus on somatic cell count in dairy goatsS McDougall
Animal Health Centre, Morrinsville, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 85:378-83. 2002..progesterone-releasing device was inserted for 12 d plus equine chorionic gonadotropin and dinoprost tromethamine 2 d before device removal (n = 12), b) "Long," in which an intravaginal progesterone-releasing was inserted for ..
- Intravenous ketorolac in the emergency department management of sickle cell pain and predictors of its effectivenessJ L Beiter
Department of Pediatrics, Hughes Spalding Children s Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, GA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:496-500. 2001To evaluate the effectiveness of intravenous (IV) ketorolac tromethamine in the treatment of children with sickle cell disease with moderate to severe acute vaso-occlusive pain (VOP) and to develop a predictive model that would determine ..
- Aldosterone secretion during acute metabolic and respiratory alkalosis in the goatO Augustinsson
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Acta Physiol Scand 137:143-9. 1989..Increased K stimulation may therefore have masked a possible inhibitory influence of the alkalosis upon the aldosterone secretion...
- An update on the use of ophthalmic ketorolac tromethamine 0.4%Henry D Perry
Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, 2000 North Village Avenue, Rockville Centre, New York 11570, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:99-107. 2006Ketorolac tromethamine 0.4% ophthalmic solution, a recent reformulation of the original ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% solution, is indicated for the reduction of ocular pain and burning/stinging following cataract and refractive surgery...
- Contact lens assisted pharmacologically induced keratoshapingJames E McDonald
McDonald Eye Associates, 3318 North Hills Boulevard, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Eye Contact Lens 30:122-6. 2004..To retrospectively evaluate the effectiveness and describe the process of reducing hyperopia with a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agent and a soft disposable contact lens in postoperative excimer laser patients with consecutive hyperopia...
- Structure and Dynamics of RNAArthur Pardi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will lead to a better understanding of how dynamics correlates with the function and stability of this RNA tertiary structural motif. ..
- Purchase of 800 MHz NMR SpectrometerArthur Pardi; Fiscal Year: 2002..J. Overduin - Structure-Function Studies of RNA-A. Pardi - Structural Studies of HIV-1 Assembly and Budding- W.I. Sundquist - Structural Studies of Biologically Important Molecular Recognition- D.S. Wuttke ..
- Structure and Dynamics of RNA and Protein-RNA ComplexesArthur Pardi; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall this proposal will lead to a better understanding of molecular mechanisms that RNAs use to recognize their protein partners and to switch between their functional states. ..
- Structure-Function Studies of Ribozyme and RNAArthur Pardi; Fiscal Year: 2008..Both NMR and fluorescence techniques will be used to probe the effect of Mg2+ on the structure and dynamicsof these faster cleaving hammerhead ribozymes. ..
- Structure Function Studies of DNA Mismatch RepairDorothy A Erie; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identification of Alcohol Binding Site(s) in Protein Kinase C EpsilonJoydip Das; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOPHYSICAL AND SCANNING FORCE MICROSCOPY STUDIESDOROTHY ERIE; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) How do polymorphisms affect the above properties? ..
- Kinetic Studies of Transcription ElongationDOROTHY ERIE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Accordingly, we will use this information to begin to understand, at the amino acid level, the role of NTP binding and conformational transitions in the regulation of elongation. ..
- DNA Damage Clusters: Repair in Mammalian CellsBetsy Sutherland; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further, knowledge of conditions affecting formation of clustered damages, and cellular paths for dealing with them could allow the design of more effective radiation therapies. ..
- REGULATION OF BILIPROTEIN IN CYANOBACTERIADONALD BRYANT; Fiscal Year: 2002..These last studies could explain bloom disappearance in natural populations and could suggest new approaches for the control of problematic or toxic cyanobacteria in water supplies. ..
- 2002 Gordon Research Conference on BiopolymersDOROTHY ERIE; Fiscal Year: 2002..The program encompasses some of the most exciting research in the field of nucleic acid and protein biophysics and promises to generate lively discussions both in and outside of the sessions. ..
- Mechanistic studies of DNA repair and damage responseDorothy A Erie; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..