Genomes and Genes
Summary: A generic grouping for dihydric alcohols with the hydroxy groups (-OH) located on different carbon atoms. They are viscous liquids with high boiling points for their molecular weights.
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Simplified assay of diethylene glycol and ethylene glycol in various raw materials by capillary gas chromatographyK Molever
Research and Development Department, The Dial Corporation, a Henkel Company, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
J Cosmet Sci 61:225-34. 2010..In addition, NF monographs for polyethylene glycols (PEG) and polyethylene glycol monomethyl ethers (MPEG) used in pharmaceutical products also require DEG and EG ..
- Refolding SDS-denatured proteins by the addition of amphipathic cosolventsCatherine Michaux
Division of Cancer Genomics and Proteomics, Ontario Cancer Institute, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Mol Biol 375:1477-88. 2008..MPD and related cosolvents can modulate the denaturing properties of SDS, and we describe a simple and effective method to recover refolded, active protein from the SDS-denatured state...
- Effect of pharmaceutically acceptable glycols on the stability of the liquid crystalline gels formed by Poloxamer 407 in waterRouja Ivanova
Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Lund, S 22100, Sweden
J Colloid Interface Sci 252:226-35. 2002..407 (EO(100)PO(70)EO(100)), water, and one of the following solvents (referred to here collectively as "glycols"): glycerol, propylene glycol, ethanol, polyethylene glycol 400, and glucose...
- Determination of carbohydrates, sugar alcohols, and glycols in cell cultures and fermentation broths using high-performance anion-exchange chromatography with pulsed amperometric detectionV P Hanko
Dionex Corporation, 500 Mercury Drive, Sunnyvale, California, 94088 3603, USA
Anal Biochem 283:192-9. 2000..Carbohydrates serve as carbon sources for many microorganisms, while sugar alcohols (alditols), glycols (glycerol), and alcohols (methanol and ethanol) are metabolic products...
- Efficient synthesis and hydrolysis of cyclic oxalate esters of glycolsTaisuke Itaya
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:346-53. 2002Based on the mechanism postulated for the formation of the cyclic carbonates 3 in the reactions of glycols 1 with oxalyl chloride in the presence of triethylamine, we present here three efficient syntheses of the cyclic oxalates 2 of ..
- Hydrotropic oligomer-conjugated glycol chitosan as a carrier of paclitaxel: synthesis, characterization, and in vivo biodistributionG Saravanakumar
Department of Advanced Polymer and Fiber Materials, Kyung Hee University, Gyeonggi Do 446 701, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 140:210-7. 2009..5)-labeled HO-GC-PTX showed an excellent tumor specificity in SCC7 tumor-bearing mice, due to the enhanced permeation and retention effect. Overall, HO-GC-PTX nanoparticles might be a promising carrier for PTX delivery in cancer therapy...
- Crystallization, structure solution and refinement of hen egg-white lysozyme at pH 8.0 in the presence of MPDM S Weiss
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Department of Structural Biology and Crystallography, PO Box 100813, D 07708 Jena, Germany
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 56:952-8. 2000..The major reason for this is a molecule of MPD that binds tightly in between two lysozyme molecules and favors the growth of the crystals along the crystallographic c direction over growth perpendicular to it...
- Male-produced aggregation pheromone of the cerambycid beetle Neoclytus acuminatus acuminatusEmerson S Lacey
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Chem Ecol 30:1493-507. 2004..It is likely that males of other species in this large subfamily produce pheromones that are variations on this structural motif...
- An overview on 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol in crystallization and in crystals of biological macromoleculesKanchan Anand
Department of Structural Biology and Crystrallography, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Beutenbergstr 11, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:1722-8. 2002..Our analysis suggests that MPD is not as strong a denaturant as often suggested. It promotes stabilization of the protein by preferential hydration, which is facilitated by attachment of MPD molecules to the hydrophobic surface...
- Leukotriene B4 signaling through NF-kappaB-dependent BLT1 receptors on vascular smooth muscle cells in atherosclerosis and intimal hyperplasiaMagnus Bäck
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17501-6. 2005..Inhibition of LTB(4)/BLT(1) signaling during the response to vascular injury reduced intimal hyperplasia, suggesting this pathway as a possible target for therapy...
- Homologous desensitisation of the mouse leukotriene B4 receptor involves protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation of serine 127Jens Mollerup
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:143-56. 2007..These data indicate that PKC-mediated phosphorylation at Ser-127 leads to mBLT1 desensitisation...
- Modulation of leukotriene B4 receptor-1 expression by dexamethasone: potential mechanism for enhanced neutrophil survivalJana Stankova
Immunology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 168:3570-6. 2002....
- Blockade of leukotriene B4 signaling pathway induces apoptosis and suppresses cell proliferation in colon cancerAya Ihara
Department of Gastroenterology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 103:24-32. 2007..These results indicate that the blockade of the LTB(4)-signaling pathway induces apoptosis via the inhibition of ERK activation in colon cancer cells. The LTB(4)-signaling pathway might be a new therapeutic target for colon cancer...
- Endothelium-dependent vascular responses induced by leukotriene B4Magnus Bäck
Department of Cardiology and Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 83:209-12. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that LTB(4) activates BLT(1) receptors on the endothelium of the guinea pig aorta, associated with the release of both contractile factors and NO...
- Interaction between pentaethylene glycol n-octyl ether and low-molecular-weight poly(acrylic acid)Gerardino D'Errico
Chemistry Department of Naples University Federico II, Via Cintia, Complesso di Montesantangelo, I 80126 Naples, Italy
J Colloid Interface Sci 270:490-5. 2004..The peculiarities of the interaction between surfactants and low-molecular-weight polymers have been discussed...
- Physicochemical properties and in vitro biocompatibility of PEO/PTMO multiblock copolymer/segmented polyurethane blendsJae Hyung Park
Center for Biomaterials and Biotechnology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 13:527-42. 2002....
- Interactions of poly(amidoamine) dendrimers with the surfactants SDS, DTAB, and C12EO6: an equilibrium and structural study using a SDS selective electrode, isothermal titration calorimetry, and small angle neutron scatteringJ Sidhu
School of Chemical Sciences, Science Research Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT, UK
Langmuir 20:9320-8. 2004..From the electromotive force (EMF) measurements, ITC data, and SANS data, the stoichiometry of the supramolecular complexes was determined...
- Fungal epoxide hydrolases: new landmarks in sequence-activity spaceMartha S Smit
Department of Microbial, Biochemical and Food Biotechnology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339, Bloemfontein, 9300, South Africa
Trends Biotechnol 22:123-9. 2004..and A. niger stand out because we have sequence information as well as activity information for both the wild-type and recombinant forms of these enzymes...
- Translesion DNA synthesis by yeast DNA polymerase eta on templates containing N2-guanine adducts of 1,3-butadiene metabolitesI G Minko
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555-1071, USA
J Biol Chem 276:2517-22. 2001..Collectively, these data suggest that polymerase eta can tolerate the geometric distortions in DNA conferred by the N(2)-guanine butadiene monoadducts but not the intrastrand cross-links...
- N7-guanine adducts of the epoxy metabolites of 1,3-butadiene in mice lungP Koivisto
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, The Chemistry Laboratory, Topeliuksenkatu 41 aA, FIN-00250 Helsinki, Finland
Chem Biol Interact 135:363-72. 2001..These are the crucial factors if interspecies differences in tumor sensitiveness is concerned...
- Involvement of the BLT2 receptor in the itch-associated scratching induced by 12-(S)-lipoxygenase products in ICR miceH J Kim
Laboratory of Skin Research AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Br J Pharmacol 154:1073-8. 2008....
- Resolvin E1 selectively interacts with leukotriene B4 receptor BLT1 and ChemR23 to regulate inflammationMakoto Arita
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 178:3912-7. 2007..g., ChemR23-mediated counterregulatory actions) to mediate the resolution of inflammation...
- Development and biopharmaceutical evaluation of quinupramine-EVA matrix containing penetration enhancer for the enhanced transdermal absorption in ratsSang Chul Shin
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
Pharm Dev Technol 12:429-36. 2007..These results show that the quinupramine-EVA matrix containing a permeation enhancer could be a good transdermal delivery system for providing sustained plasma concentrations...
- Evidence that 5-lipoxygenase and acetylated cyclooxygenase 2-derived eicosanoids regulate leukocyte-endothelial adherence in response to aspirinStefano Fiorucci
Clinica di Gastroenterologia ed Epatologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 139:1351-9. 2003....
- Movement of proteins in an environment crowded by surfactant micelles: anomalous versus normal diffusionJedrzej Szymanski
Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Department III, Kasprzaka 44 52, 01 224 Warsaw, Poland
J Phys Chem B 110:7367-73. 2006..88 (at 37% surfactant). The fits for two-component normal diffusion and anomalous diffusion were of equally good quality, but the physical interpretation was only straightforward for the former...
- Mixed micellar systems of cleavable surfactantsDan Lundberg
Applied Surface Chemistry, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, SE 412 96 Goteborg, Sweden
Langmuir 21:8658-63. 2005..However, complementary experiments showed that it is possible to accelerate or retard the hydrolysis of TEO by coaggregation with stable cationic or anionic surfactants, respectively...
- Glycol porphyrin derivatives as potent photodynamic inducers of apoptosis in tumor cellsJarmila Kralova
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Chem 51:5964-73. 2008..The strong interaction with a tumor marker (sialic acid) indicates the preferential association of these compounds with tumor cells...
- Ceriporic acid C, a hexadecenylitaconate produced by a lignin-degrading fungus, Ceriporiopsis subvermisporaRudianto Amirta
Laboratory of Biomass Conversion, Wood Research Institute, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Chem Phys Lipids 126:121-31. 2003..Thus, it was found that ceriporic acids share close structural similarity with alk(en)yl citraconate derivatives, chaetomellic acids and other lichen lactones, protolichesterinic, lichesterinic, and murolic acids...
- Stereochemical determination of thuggacins A-C, highly active antibiotics from the myxobacterium Sorangium cellulosumMartin Bock
Institut für Organische Chemie und Biomolekulares Wirkstoffzentrum, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Schneiderberg 1B, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:2308-11. 2008
- Synthesis and absolute configuration assignment of 5-amino-1,3,5-triphenyl-pentane-1,3-diol stereoisomersCornelia Uncuta
Center of Organic Chemistry C D Nenitzescu, Bucharest, Romania
Chirality 17:63-72. 2005..2-Isoxazoline ketone 2 enantiomers and isoxazoline alcohol 3 enantiomers were obtained by chiral HPLC on Chiralpak AD column. 2-Isoxazoline ketone 2 enantiomers can be racemized via a retro Michael addition...
- Asymmetric desymmetrization based on an intramolecular haloetherification: a highly effective and recyclable chiral nonracemic auxiliary, 2-exo-methyl-3-endo-phenyl-5-norbornene-2-carboxaldehyde, for meso-1,3- and meso-1,4-diolsHiromichi Fujioka
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Chemistry 10:5386-97. 2004....
- A simple glycol nucleic acidLilu Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, 231 South 34th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:4174-5. 2005..A glycol nucleic acid (GNA) with an acyclic propylene glycol phosphodiester backbone forms stable antiparallel duplexes following the Watson-Crick base pairing rules...
- Structure of a site specific major groove (2S,3S)-N6-(2,3,4-trihydroxybutyl)-2'-deoxyadenosyl DNA adduct of butadiene diol epoxideTandace A Scholdberg
Department of Chemistry, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 17:717-30. 2004..Overall, the structure of this adduct is consistent with an emerging pattern in which major groove adenine N(6) alkylation products of styrene and butadiene oxides that do not strongly perturb DNA structure are not strongly mutagenic...
- Detection of carboxylic acids and inhibition of hippuric acid formation in rats treated with 3-butene-1,2-diol, a major metabolite of 1,3-butadieneChristopher L Sprague
School of Veterinary Medicine, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 31:986-92. 2003..The detection of 1-hydroxy-2-butanone and the carboxylic acids also provides insight regarding pathways of BDD metabolism in vivo...
- Mutations induced by 1,3-butadiene metabolites, butadiene diolepoxide, and 1,2,3,4-diepoxybutane at the Hprt locus in CHO-K1 cellsDong Hyun Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Institute of Natural Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Yeungnam University, Kyongsan 712 749, Korea
Mol Cells 14:411-9. 2002..These data indicate that BDE and DEB are mutagenic carcinogens by forming DNA adducts at the site of adenine and guanine, and inducing large exon deletions and single base substitutions...
- Development of a physiologically based toxicokinetic model for butadiene and four major metabolites in humans: global sensitivity analysis for experimental design issuesCeline Brochot
INERIS, Institut National de l Environnement Industriel et des Risques, Unité de Toxicologie Expérimentale, Parc Alata BP2, 60550 Verneuil en Halatte, France
Chem Biol Interact 167:168-83. 2007....
- Measurement of plasma or urinary metabolites and Hprt mutant frequencies following inhalation exposure of mice and rats to 3-butene-1,2-diolDale M Walker
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Chem Biol Interact 166:191-206. 2007....
- Mispairing of a site specific major groove (2S,3S)-N6-(2,3,4-trihydroxybutyl)-2'-deoxyadenosyl DNA Adduct of butadiene diol epoxide with deoxyguanosine: formation of a dA(anti).dG(anti) pairing interactionTandace A Scholdberg
Department of Chemistry, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 18:145-53. 2005..R., Nechev, L. N., Harris, C. M., Harris, T. M., and Lloyd, R. S. (2000) Env. Mol. Mutagen. 35, 48-56]...
- Metabolism of 1,3-butadiene to toxicologically relevant metabolites in single-exposed mice and ratsJohannes Georg Filser
Institute of Toxicology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 166:93-103. 2007..At higher BD concentrations EBD blood concentrations decreased again. This picture probably results from a competitive inhibition of the EBD producing CYP450 by BD, which occurs in both species...
- New microemulsion vehicle facilitates percutaneous penetration in vitro and cutaneous drug bioavailability in vivoAmnon C Sintov
The Institutes for Applied Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Control Release 95:173-83. 2004..water) or patches compared to those measured after application of EMLA cream. It has been suggested, therefore, that these microemulsions loaded with lidocaine would provide adequate analgesia in relatively shorter periods of time...
- Preparation and evaluation of bioadhesive benzocaine gels for enhanced local anesthetic effectsSang Chul Shin
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, 300 Yongbongdong Bukku, Kwangju 500 757, South Korea
Int J Pharm 260:77-81. 2003..The permeation rate of drug through the skin was studied using various enhancers, such as glycols, non-ionic surfactants or fatty acids...
- Gene transfer with three amphiphilic glycol chitosans--the degree of polymerisation is the main controller of transfection efficiencyIjeoma F Uchegbu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
J Drug Target 12:527-39. 2004....
- Addition of polyglycol to old culture of Phanerochaete chrysosporiumIrena Grgic
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana, Askerceva 5, SJ 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 112:91-100. 2004..In old fungus, the incompatibility of polyglycols and glycans decreases the adsorption and the effect of high mol wt polyglycols...
- Sugar bislactones by one-step oxidative dimerisation with pyridinium chlorochromate versus regioselective oxidation of vicinal diolsAmélia P Rauter
Departamento de Quimica e Bioquimica, Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa, Ed C8, 5 degrees piso, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Carbohydr Res 339:1889-97. 2004..The bislactone presenting pivaloyl protecting groups also promoted some growth inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus...
- New method for synthesizing the intermediates to 5-HETE from yeast-mediated reduction products by employing Baeyer-Villiger oxidation with complete retention of enantiomeric excessSatoshi Yamauchi
Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:1959-69. 2003....
- Expression, purification, and aggregation studies of His-tagged thermoalkalophilic lipase from Bacillus thermocatenulatusNils Helge Schlieben
Universitat zu Koln, Institut fur Biochemie, Zulpicher Strasse 47, 50674 Koln, Germany
Protein Expr Purif 34:103-10. 2004..For the concentrated lipase, the availability of 5% 2-propanol was sufficient to hold the lipase in monomeric form and no additional detergent was needed...
- Long-range stereo-relay: relative and absolute configuration of 1,n-glycols from circular dichroism of liposomal porphyrin estersJohn B Macmillan
Department of Chemistry, One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:9944-5. 2004The relative and absolute configurations of long-chain syn- and anti-1,5-, 1,7- and 1,9-glycols were determined from exciton-coupled circular dichroism (ECCD) of the corresponding bis-5-(4'-carboxyl)-5,10,15,20-tetraphenylporphyrin ..
- An efficient, palladium-catalyzed, enantioselective synthesis of (2R)-3-butene-1,2-diol and its use in highly selective Heck reactionsNatasha Cheeseman
Dowpharma, Chirotech Technology Ltd, Dow Chemical Company, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5396-9. 2004..Subsequent Heck reactions with a diverse range of coupling partners are described and the influence of their electronic nature on maintaining the enantiopurity of the diol is discussed...
- ESI-MS/MS for the differentiation of diastereomeric pyrimidine glycols in mononucleosidesYinsheng Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of California at Riverside, 92521 0403, USA
Anal Chem 74:4505-12. 2002Pyrimidine glycols, or 5,6-dihydroxy-5,6-dihydropyrimidines, are primary lesions in DNA induced by reactive oxygen species...
- Determination of absolute configuration of acyclic 1,2-diols with Mo2(OAc)4. 1. Snatzke's method revisitedL Di Bari
Centro di Studio del CNR per le Macromolecole Stereordinate e Otticamente Attive, Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, , Via Risorgimento 35, I-56126 Pisa, Italy
J Org Chem 66:4819-25. 2001..The roles of the water content of the sample and of the diol-to-dimolybdenum ratio are investigated...
- Diastereoselective synthesis of optically active (2 R,5 R)-hexanediolJ Haberland
Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, Institute of Biotechnology, 52425 Julich, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 58:595-9. 2002..The applicability of the system in fed-batch experiments was demonstrated. The feed specific biomass concentration required to reach maximal yield and selectivity in fed-batch mode was determined...
- Wear comparison of thermoplastic materials used for orthodontic retainersGary D Gardner
Research and Biomaterials, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX 78236, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 124:294-7. 2003..There was no evidence to suggest a difference in mean wear between the 2 polypropylene-based materials (P >.05)...
- Hydrogels based on poly(ethylene oxide) and poly(tetramethylene oxide) or poly(dimethyl siloxane). III. In vivo biocompatibility and biostabilityJae Hyung Park
Center for Biomaterials and Biotechnology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Puk Gu, Kwangju 500 712, South Korea
J Biomed Mater Res A 64:309-19. 2003..It was evident that the minor degradation could be achieved by grafting PEO and adopting PDMS as a hydrophobic block in the hydrogel...
- Exclusion of alcohols from spermidine-DNA assemblies: probing the physical basis of preferential hydrationAnne Hultgren
Laboratory of Physical and Structural Biology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 43:8272-80. 2004..The exclusion measured for these condensed arrays can quantitatively account for the effect of these alcohols on the precipitation of DNA from dilute solution by spermidine(3+)...
- In vivo monitoring of intravenously injected gold nanorods using near-infrared lightTakuro Niidome
Department of Applied Chemistry, Kyushu University, 744 Moto oka, Nishi ku, Fukuoka 819 0395, Japan
Small 4:1001-7. 2008..3-min half-life. In vivo spectral changes of gold nanorods depend on the surface characteristics, and can be observed in real time using simple spectroscopic measurements...
- Analytical investigations on a releasing agent application in aluminium diecastingHubertus Wichmann
Institute of Ecological Chemistry and Waste Analysis, Technical University of Braunschweig, Hagenring 30, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:227-32. 2005....
- Literature review--efficacy of various disinfectants against Legionella in water systemsB R Kim
Ford Research Laboratory, Dearborn, MI 48121, USA
Water Res 36:4433-44. 2002..thiocarbamates, aldehydes, amines, thiocyanates, organo-tin compounds, halogenated amides, and halogenated glycols), and UV light. In general, oxidizing disinfectants were found to be more effective than non-oxidizing ones...
- Shigella-induced necrosis and apoptosis of U937 cells and J774 macrophagesTakashi Nonaka
Division of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Microbiology 149:2513-27. 2003..Osmoprotectants such as polyethylene glycols could suppress cell death, suggesting that insertion of a pore by Shigella into the host cell membrane induces ..
- [Biochemical and molecular characterization of Salmonella serovar enteritidis phage type 4 isolated from food poisoning outbreaks in Tokyo]J Kusunoki
Department of Microbiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Research Laboratory of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:730-7. 1997..and vehicle foods, eggs and environment in Tokyo were examined for plasmid DNA profiles, acid productivity from glycols (propylene and ethylene) and antimicrobial resistance patterns...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of polyoxyethylene esters as dermal prodrugs of ketoprofen, naproxen and diclofenacF P Bonina
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 14:123-34. 2001..These esters were obtained by coupling these drugs with polyoxyethylene glycols by a succinic acid spacer...
- Compromised incision of oxidized pyrimidines in liver mitochondria of mice deficient in NTH1 and OGG1 glycosylasesBensu Karahalil
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 278:33701-7. 2003..We show that mNTH1 is responsible for the repair of thymine glycols in mitochondrial DNA, whereas other glycosylase/AP lyases also participate in removing other oxidized pyrimidines,..
- Development and characterization of Ni-NTA-bearing microspheresSabine A Lauer
Bioscience Division and National Flow Cytometry Resource, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
Cytometry 48:136-45. 2002....
- Development of the ambroxol gels for enhanced transdermal deliveryCheong Weon Cho
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:330-5. 2008..The rate of drug permeation into the skin was enhanced by incorporating various enhancers such as the ethylene glycols, the propylene glycols, the glycerides, the non-ionic surfactants, and the fatty acids into the gels...
- Oxidation reactions of cytosine DNA components by hydroxyl radical and one-electron oxidants in aerated aqueous solutionsJ Richard Wagner
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiobiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Acc Chem Res 43:564-71. 2010..5-Hydroxypyrimidines, the dehydration products of cytosine and uracil glycols, have a low oxidation potential, and their one-electron oxidation results in a cascade of decomposition reactions ..
- Effect of polyethylene glycols on the function and structure of thiol proteasesSadaf Fatima
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002, India
J Biochem 142:65-72. 2007..The results imply that caution must be exercised in the use of PEGs with thiol proteases or hydrophobic proteins in general, for different industrial applications, even at room temperature...
- Ultrafiltration separation of aquatic natural organic matter: chemical probes for quality assuranceAlex D Revchuk
Environmental Science and Engineering Program, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Water Res 43:3685-92. 2009..The probes used to represent the size, shape and charge of NOM were polymers (polyethylene glycols (PEGs), dextrans, polystyrene sulfonates (PSSs)), dyes (bromocresol green, congo red, methyl red, methyl orange) ..
- Biodegradability relationships among propylene glycol substances in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development ready- and seawater biodegradability testsRobert J West
Toxicology and Environmental Research and Consulting, The Dow Chemical Company, 1803 Building, Midland, Michigan 48674, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:862-71. 2007..decreased with increased number of oxy-propylene repeating units (n = 1, 2, 3, 4) of the oligomeric propylene glycols (PGs)...
- Reactions of oxalyl chloride with 1,2-cycloalkanediols in the presence of triethylamineTaisuke Itaya
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:83-6. 2002..of triethylamine at 0 degrees C has been shown analogous to that obtained for 1,2-disubstituted acyclic ethylene glycols 1: cis-1,2-cyclooctanediol (9f) produced the cyclic oxalate 14f as the major product, while trans-1,2-..
- Formation of lysophospholipids from unsaturated phosphatidylcholines under the influence of hypochlorous acidJ Arnhold
Institute of Medical Physics and Biophysics, Medical Department, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1572:91-100. 2002..considerably in comparison to the total amount of higher molecular weight products like chlorohydrins and glycols. High amounts of lysophosphatidylcholines were formed from phospholipids containing arachidonic or ..
- [Therapeutic effects of chitosan/polyethylene glycols-succinate/mitomycin C film drug delivery system on epidural scarring tissues after laminectomy of SD rats]Yu Zhang
Department of Orthopaedics, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou Guangdong 510282, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1222-6. 2008To investigate the therapeutic effect of the chitosan/polyethylene glycols-succinate/ mitomycin C (CH/PEG-SA/MMC) film on epidural scarring tissues.
- Thymine glycols and pyrimidine dimers in brain DNA during post-ischemic reperfusionG S Krause
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201
Resuscitation 21:41-55. 1991..We therefore examined the hypothesis that thymine glycols and thymine dimers, which are known to block transcription and are formed by free radical mechanisms, are formed ..
- Solubility enhancement of Cox-2 inhibitors using various solvent systemsN Seedher
Department of Chemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 4:E33. 2003..Water, alcohols, glycols, glycerol, and polyethylene glycol 400 (PEG 400) were used as solvents and water-ethanol, glycerol-ethanol, and ..
- [Biochemical and molecular characterization of Salmonella ser. enteritidis phage type 1 isolated from food poisoning outbreaks in Tokyo]J Kusunoki
Department of Microbiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Research Laboratory of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:437-44. 1999..from 44 outbreaks between 1990 and 1996 were examined for antimicrobial resistance, acid producibility from glycols (propylene and ethylene glycol) and plasmid DNA profiles...
- Effect of molecular weight and end-group nature on the solubility of ethylene oxide oligomers in 2H, 3H-decafluoropentane and its fully fluorinated analogue, perfluoropentaneMarie Cote
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:593-9. 2008..Over a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, dihydroxyl end-capped poly(ethylene glycols) (PEGs) exhibited a lower critical solution temperature (LCST) that was strongly molecular weight dependent...
- Antimutagenic role of base-excision repair enzymes upon free radical-induced DNA damageJ Laval
Groupe Reparation des lesions Radio et Chimio Induites, URA 147 CNRS, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Mutat Res 402:93-102. 1998..as C8-oxoguanine and purines whose imidazole ring is opened), oxidised pyrimidines (such as thymine and cytosine glycols, ring saturated and fragmented pyrimidines), ethenobases and hypoxanthine...
- DNA repair in specific sequences in mammalian cellsC A Smith
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, CA 94305 5020
J Cell Sci Suppl 6:225-41. 1987..The removal of thymine glycols from alpha DNA in gamma-irradiated cells is proficient, as is repair synthesis elicited by exposure to methyl ..
- Chemical imaging of catalyst deactivation during the conversion of renewables at the single particle level: etherification of biomass-based polyols with alkenes over H-Beta zeolitesAndrei N Parvulescu
Inorganic Chemistry and Catalysis Group, Debye Institute for NanoMaterials Science, Utrecht University, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Am Chem Soc 132:10429-39. 2010..This allowed us to explain the influence of the substrate type (glycerol, glycols, and alkenes) and zeolite properties (Si/Al ratio and particle size) on the etherification activity...
- Nonionic polymers reverse inactivation of surfactant by meconium and other substancesH William Taeusch
Departments of Pediatrics and Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 159:1391-5. 1999..inactivation of surfactant could be prevented or reduced by nonionic polymers, we added dextrans, polyethylene glycols (PEGs), or polyvinylpyrrolidones (PVPs) of various molecular weights to pulmonary surfactants...
- Preparation and evaluation of bioadhesive dibucaine gels for enhanced local anesthetic actionChung Kang
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:1277-83. 2010..We investigated the enhancing effects on drug permeation into skins, using some kind of enhancers such as the glycols, the non-ionic surfactants, the fatty acids, and the propylene glycol derivatives...
- Enhanced transdermal delivery of loratadine from the EVA matrixCheong Weon Cho
Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea
Drug Deliv 16:230-5. 2009Various enhancers, such as fatty acids (saturated, unsaturated), glycerides, propylene glycols, and non-ionic surfactants, have been incorporated in the loratadine-EVA matrix to increase the rate of skin permeation of loratadine from an ..
- Pore size of swelling-activated channels for organic osmolytes in Jurkat lymphocytes, probed by differential polymer exclusionVladimir L Sukhorukov
Lehrstuhl fur Biotechnologie, Biozentrum der Universität Würzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1841-50. 2009The present study explores the impact of the molecular size on the permeation of low-molecular-weight polyethylene glycols (PEG200-1500) through the plasma membrane of Jurkat cells under iso- and hypotonic conditions...
- Settlement and adhesion of algal cells to hexa(ethylene glycol)-containing self-assembled monolayers with systematically changed wetting propertiesSoeren Schilp
Angewandte Physikalische Chemie, Universitat Heidelberg, INF, Heidelberg, Germany
Biointerphases 2:143-50. 2007Protein resistance of self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) of hexa(ethylene glycols) (EG(6)) has previously been shown to be dependent on the alkoxyl end-group termination of the SAM, which determines wettability [S. Herrwerth, W. Eck, S...
- Polyethylene glycols interact with membrane glycerophospholipids: is this part of their mechanism for hypothermic graft protection?Delphine Dutheil
Inserm U927, Poitiers, France
J Chem Biol 2:39-49. 2009..This study sheds a new light on PEG protective effects during organ preservation different from all classical hypotheses...
- A positive chemical ionization GC/MS method for the determination of airborne ethylene glycol and propylene glycols in non-occupational environmentsJiping Zhu
Chemistry Research Division, Health Canada, AL 0800C, EHC Building, Tunney s Pasture, Ottawa, Canada K1A 0L2
J Environ Monit 6:881-7. 2004An analytical method for ethylene glycol and propylene glycols has been developed for measuring airborne levels of these chemicals in non-occupational environments such as residences and office buildings...
- Modeling and measurements of solid-liquid and vapor-liquid equilibria of polyols and carbohydrates in aqueous solutionSvava Osk Jónsdóttir
Department of Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Building 207, DK 2800, Lyngby, Denmark
Carbohydr Res 337:1563-71. 2002..mechanics methods has shown to give good predictions of the phase behavior of a variety of mixtures, including glycols and small saccharides in aqueous solution...
- [An update on the use of tissue adhesives in ophthalmology]L Vera
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, boulevard Gambetta, Rouen, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 32:290-305. 2009..Novel biomaterials such as biodendrimers, polyethylene glycols, modified chondroitin sulfates, and acrylic copolymers show promising results in the experimental field, and one ..
- High mass clearance of autoantibodies from a murine model of lupus nephritis by immunoadsorption using star-configured polyethylene glycolsE A Ross
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Transplantation, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0224, USA
J Biomed Mater Res 55:114-20. 2001..To overcome these shortcomings, we designed a method utilizing star-configured polyethylene glycols (star-PEGs) having up to 63 free arms with immunoreactive (tresylate ester) end-groups for each arm immobilized ..
- Aerobic biodegradation of polyethylene glycols of different molecular weights in wastewater and seawaterMarco Bernhard
University of Applied Sciences Fresenius, Limburger Strasse 2, D 65510 Idstein, Germany
Water Res 42:4791-801. 2008In order to distinguish between aerobic biodegradation of synthetic polymers in fresh and seawater, polyethylene glycols (PEGs) were systematically and comparatively investigated in inocula from municipal wastewater and seawater aquarium ..
- Spectral characterization and colloidal properties of 1-hexadecylpyridinium chloride in aqueous binary mixtures of different glycolsS K Mehta
Department of Chemistry and Centre of Advanced Studies in Chemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
J Colloid Interface Sci 333:646-54. 2009..Temperature studies were performed in aqueous mixtures of ethylene, diethylene, triethylene and tetraethylene glycols (abbreviated as EG, DEG, TEG and TeEG, respectively)...
- Through pore diameter in the cell wall of Chara corallinaG N Berestovsky
Institute of Cell Biophysics RAS, Pushchino, Moscow Region 142290, Russia
J Exp Bot 52:1173-7. 2001..The determination of gamma(p), for polydisperse polyethylene glycols with different average molecular mass (M) was calculated from the degree of pressure restoration after water was ..
- [Macroprolactin as etiology of hyperprolactinemia. Method for detection and clinical characterization of the entity in 39 patients]L García Menéndez
Servicio de Analisis Clinicos, Hospital del Bierzo, Leon
Rev Clin Esp 203:459-64. 2003..The precipitation with polyethylene glycols permits its detection rapidly, trustworthily, and inexpensively...
- Dual regulation of a polyethylene glycol degradative operon by AraC-type and GalR-type regulators in Sphingopyxis macrogoltabida strain 103Jittima Charoenpanich
Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, 2 20 1 Chuo, Kurashiki, Okayama 710 0046, Japan
Microbiology 152:3025-34. 2006..A promoter activity assay showed that the pegB promoter was induced by PEG and oligomeric ethylene glycols, whereas the pegA and pegR promoters were induced by PEG...
- Determination of the pore size distribution and porosity of aerobic granules using size-exclusion chromatographyYu Ming Zheng
School of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230026, China
Water Res 41:39-46. 2007..granules with different diameters were evaluated using size-exclusion chromatography, in which polyethylene glycols and distilled water were, respectively, used as solute and mobile phase...
- Physical stability of solid dispersions containing triamterene or temazepam in polyethylene glycolsS K Dordunoo
Drug Delivery and Pharmaceutical Technology Group, School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 49:390-6. 1997The effect of storage on the physical stability of solid dispersions of triamterene or temazepam in polyethylene glycols was studied using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), particle-size analysis and dissolution methods...
- Virtual colonoscopy: a new promising techniqueP Vavra
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Ostrava, Ostrava Poruba, Czech Republic
Bratisl Lek Listy 108:442-4. 2007..Virtual colonoscopy is less invasive than conventional colonoscopy and does not require a conscious sedation...
- [Immunoresonance scattering spectral assay for the determination of antithrombin-III]Bo Jiang
School of Environment and Resource, Guangxi Normal University, Guilin 541004, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:1145-8. 2008..50 x 10(2) ng x mL(-1) AT-III, when the relative error was within +/- 10%. Four polyethelene glycols, i. e...
- Synthesis of pH-sensitive amphotericin B-poly(ethylene glycol) conjugates and study of their controlled release in vitroMiloš Sedlák
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Pardubice, Cs legií 565, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
Bioorg Med Chem 15:4069-76. 2007New intravenous conjugates of amphotericin B (AMB) with poly(ethylene glycols) (PEG) (M=5000, 10,000, 20,000) have been synthesized and characterised...
- Effects of powder particle size and binder viscosity on intergranular and intragranular particle size heterogeneity during high shear granulationTorben Schaefer
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 Universitetsparken, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Sci 21:525-31. 2004..5-63.1 microm. Each of three polyethylene glycols (PEGs) having viscosities in the range of approximately 40-14,000 mPas were applied as meltable binders...
- Enhanced transdermal absorption and pharmacokinetic evaluation of pranoprofen-ethylene-vinyl acetate matrix containing penetration enhancer in ratsCheong Weon Cho
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 305 764, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 32:747-53. 2009..Among the enhancers used, including the fatty acids (saturated, unsaturated), the glycols, the glycerides, and the pyrrolidones, caprylic acid showed the best enhancement...
- Role of the cofactor calcium in the activation of outer membrane phospholipase AI Ubarretxena-Belandia
Department of Enzymology and Protein Engineering, Center for Biomembranes and Lipid Enzymology, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 37:16011-8. 1998..used as detergent, moderate (62 microM) if sulfobetaines were used, and very low (24 mM) if alkylpolyoxyethylene glycols were used...
- The fate of linear alcohol ethoxylates during activated sludge sewage treatmentN S Battersby
Shell Global Solutions, Cheshire Innovation Park, Chester, UK
Chemosphere 45:109-21. 2001..9%. When levels of AE on the sludge, and polyethylene glycols (PEGs--an expected biodegradation intermediate) in the effluent and on the sludge were also taken into account, ..
- Low Temperature Solid-State NMR Technologies for Protein Structure DeterminationChad M Rienstra; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be enhanced by sparse isotopic labeling patterns and cryoprotection procedures utilizing organic alcohols, glycols and salts...
- PEG PROMOTED MUCOADHESIVE DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMSNIKOLAOS PEPPAS; Fiscal Year: 1999..the mucoadhesive behavior of hydrophilic polymer drug carriers that are modified by the addition of polyethylene glycols, as further described by their abstract: "The primary goal of bioadhesive controlled drug delivery is to localize ..
- CRYSTALLIZATION OF AN ABC TRANSPORTERBING JAP; Fiscal Year: 1999..quantities selected detergents, (3) the study of solution phase behavior of the detergent in polyethylene glycols and other precipitating agents, (4) the crystallization trials of the protein in selected detergents using the ..
- COMMUNICATION PATHWAYS IN CENTRAL CAVITY MODIFIED HBSJoel Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cross-bridging (cross-linking), effector binding and PEGolation (attachment of polyethylene glycols) result in a wide range of Hbs having a broad spectrum of functional properties...
- MOLECULAR BARRIERS TO THROMBOSIS ON TISSUE SURFACESWilliam Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary data indicates that polyethylene glycols (PEGs) with end groups reactive toward proteins can be applied to damaged arterial segments under conditions and ..
- DNA BASE DAMAGE INDUCED BY GAMMA RADIATIONJOHN ZIMBRICK; Fiscal Year: 1980..Specific products of base damage, such as thymine glycols, will be measured as a function of radiation dose, and time after irradiation during the period in which ..
- Overexpression and crystallization of amino acid transp*Da Neng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..Crystal nucleation will be screened with various polyethylene glycols and pHs...
- PEGylated Prolactin Receptor Antagonists as Cancer DrugsMERRY SHERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Polymer conjugates of PRLA will be synthesized containing 1-3 strands of linear or branched poly(ethylene glycols) (PEGs) of various molecular weights (10-60 kDa), linked by various chemistries...
- IMMUNOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF RAGWEED ANTIGEN E.TE KING; Fiscal Year: 1980..The non-immunogenic polymers studied include alkoxy polyethylene glycols (PEG), murine immunoglobulins, and a copolymer of D-glutamic acid and D-lysine...
- Post-translational Modifications of High-mobility Group ProteinsYinsheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the outcome of proposed studies may provide important molecular biomarkers for cancer diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- ROS-induced Nucleic Acid DamageYinsheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The outcome of the research proposed here will provide better understanding of the biological consequences of oxidative damage on nucleic acids by ROS and their implications in human health. ..
- CYTOKINE CONJUGATES FOR TREATING THROMBOCYTOPENIAGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2003..These proteins will find utility in treating thrombocytopenia resulting from cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Long Acting VEGF Binding Proteins for Treating Rheumatoid ArthritisGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our overall goal is to create a long acting VEGF inhibitor that can be dosed once a week or once every two weeks. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Probing Cell Division with Synthetic ChemistryTimothy Mitchison; Fiscal Year: 2008..Having found small molecule tools that perturb cell division by novel mechanisms, we will test their ability to kill cancer cells in vitro. ..
- Long Acting VEGF BInding Proteins for Treating CancerGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2007..These improved biological and physical characteristics should expedite pre-clinical and clinical evaluation of sFlt-1 as an anti-angiogenesis agent. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-Acting Growth Hormone For HIV-Associated WastingGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Long-Acting IFN-gamma for Treating Ovarian CancerGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information gained from these studies will aid in creating long-acting versions of other members of this gene family for use in treating cancer, infectious disease and hematopoietic disorders. ..
- Long Acting EPO For Treating Chronic Kidney DiseaseGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful development of our long-acting EPO analog will provide CKD patients with a longer-acting, significantly less expensive alternative for the effective management of anemia ..
- Technology for DNA Damage Analysis and BiomarkersX Le; Fiscal Year: 2004..The technology will also be useful for monitoring DNA damage induced by anticancer agents and for studying DNA repair, which is an essential protection mechanism against cancer initiation. ..
- Virus-Receptor Interaction and CYP3A ExpressionMaria Croyle; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- LONG-ACTING G-CSF PROTEINS FOR TREATING NEUTROPENIAGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- ACTIN DYNAMICS AND CELL LOCOMOTIONTimothy Mitchison; Fiscal Year: 2004..For perturbation experiments we will use protein tools, and also cell permeable chemicals coming out of a screening effort at the Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology (ICCB). ..
- Long Acting IFN-gamma for Treating ImmunodeficienciesGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polymer-Surfactant Therapy in Rat Models of ARDSHWILLIAM TAEUSCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall this project will not only develop a promising new therapy of ALI/ARDS, but will also foster basic understanding of mechanisms of surfactant inhibition and ways to overcome it. ..
- Cytoskeleton polymerization dynamics in the cell cycleTimothy J Mitchison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding midbody assembles will reveal principles for generating asymmetric assemblies in the cytoplasm, and will tell us how the cleavage furrow is positioned. ..
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPETimothy Mitchison; Fiscal Year: 2004..The automated controls and digital image acquisition will also be optimal for introducing new users to electron microscopy and for minimizing maintenance requirements that might arise from operator inexperience. ..
- Human Sensory Irritation From Volitile Organic CompoundsWilliam Cain; Fiscal Year: 2006..F) The effect of inflammation upon chemesthetic sensitivity. G) Through measurement of the NMP, confirmation of the peripheral basis for a) temporal phenomena, b) differences in potency, and c) effects of inflammation. ..