Genomes and Genes
Summary: A beta-adrenergic antagonist similar in action to PROPRANOLOL. The levo-isomer is the more active. Timolol has been proposed as an antihypertensive, antiarrhythmic, antiangina, and antiglaucoma agent. It is also used in the treatment of MIGRAINE DISORDERS and tremor.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- The safety and efficacy of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination ophthalmic solutionHoward S Barnebey
University of Washington, Ophthalmology, Specialty Eye Care Center, Seattle, 98004, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:1-7. 2005To compare the safety and intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination ophthalmic solution (Trav/Tim) to its components travoprost 0...
- Efficacy and tolerability of prostaglandin-timolol fixed combinations: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsFlorent Aptel
Department of Ophthalmology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Eur J Ophthalmol 22:5-18. 2012To evaluate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effects and tolerability of the 3 prostaglandin-timolol fixed combinations (PG-timolol FCs).
- Intraocular pressure-lowering effects of commonly used fixed-combination drugs with timolol: a systematic review and meta-analysisJin Wei Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45079. 2012..The aim of this systematic review and meta-analysis is to evaluate IOP-lowering effect of the commonly used fixed-combination drugs containing 0.5% timolol.
- Balancing efficacy and tolerability of prostaglandin analogues and prostaglandin-timolol fixed combinations in primary open-angle glaucomaF Aptel
Department of Ophthalmology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon 1 University, France
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1949-58. 2011..Similarly, PGA-based fixed combinations are frequently used in patients who progress or fail to achieve the target IOP...
- Randomized clinical trial of the efficacy and safety of preservative-free tafluprost and timolol in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionAlmira Chabi
Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, PO Box 1000, North Wales, PA 19454 1099, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 153:1187-96. 2012To compare the efficacy and safety of tafluprost, a preservative-free (PF) prostaglandin analogue, with PF timolol in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Toxicity of preserved and unpreserved antiglaucoma topical drugs in an in vitro model of conjunctival cellsM De Saint Jean
Department of Ophthalmology, University Paris 5, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Boulogne, France
Curr Eye Res 20:85-94. 2000To compare the toxicity of a short-time application of timolol with benzalkonium chloride (timolol-BAC+) and unpreserved timolol (timolol-BAC-) in a human conjunctival cell line.
- A randomized trial of brimonidine versus timolol in preserving visual function: results from the Low-Pressure Glaucoma Treatment StudyTheodore Krupin
Department of Ophthalmology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and the Chicago Center for Vision Research, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:671-81. 2011To compare the alpha2-adrenergic agonist brimonidine tartrate 0.2% to the beta-adrenergic antagonist timolol maleate 0.5% in preserving visual function in low-pressure glaucoma.
- NMR analysis of ion pair formation between timolol and sorbic acid in ophthalmic preparationsMasayo Higashiyama
Senju Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 1 5 4 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1335-42. 2007Ion pair formation between timolol and sorbic acid was investigated using NMR spectroscopy in order to clarify their interactions within ophthalmic preparation...
- Twenty-four-hour intraocular pressure control with bimatoprost and the bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination administered in the morning, or evening in exfoliative glaucomaAnastasios G P Konstas
Glaucoma Unit, 1st University Department of Ophthalmology, AHEPA Hospital, 1 Kyriakidi Str, Thessaloniki 546 36, Greece
Br J Ophthalmol 94:209-13. 2010To compare 24 h intraocular pressure (IOP) control of morning and evening administered bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination (BTFC) and evening administered bimatoprost in exfoliative glaucoma (XFG).
- Improved pharmacodynamics of timolol maleate from a mucoadhesive niosomal ophthalmic drug delivery systemDeepika Aggarwal
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Punjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Int J Pharm 290:155-9. 2005In the present study chitosan (REVTMbio1) or Carbopol (REVTMbio2 and 3) coated niosomal timolol maleate (0.25%) formulations were prepared by reverse phase evaporation (REV) and compared to timolol solution (TMS; 0...
- Prostaglandin analogs and timolol-fixed versus unfixed combinations or monotherapy for open-angle glaucoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisLuciano Quaranta
Ophthalmology Department, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 29:382-9. 2013..To estimate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effect of prostaglandin analogs (PGAs) administered in combination with β-blockers...
- Comparison of Travoprost and Bimatoprost plus timolol fixed combinations in open-angle glaucoma patients previously treated with latanoprost plus timolol fixed combinationMarco Centofanti
Unità Dipartimentale Semplice di Glaucoma, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Fondazione G B Bietti, Rome, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 150:575-80. 2010To compare the ocular hypotensive effect of bimatoprost plus timolol and travoprost plus timolol fixed combinations in glaucoma patients whose disease was controlled but had not reached their target intraocular pressure (IOP) with the ..
- Nipradilol and timolol induce Foxo3a and peroxiredoxin 2 expression and protect trabecular meshwork cells from oxidative stressNaoya Miyamoto
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2777-84. 2009..Oxidative stress plays an important role in pathogenesis of glaucoma. The purpose of this study is to investigate the novel effect of antiglaucoma drugs on the expression of antioxidant peroxiredoxins of trabecular meshwork (TM) cells...
- Efficacy and mechanisms of intraocular pressure reduction with latanoprost and timolol in participants with ocular hypertension: a comparison of 1 and 6 weeks of treatmentThomas V Johnson
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5840, USA
J Glaucoma 19:356-64. 2010To investigate whether the intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction and mechanism of action of timolol and latanoprost change between 1 and 6 weeks of treatment.
- Dorzolamide-timolol combination and retinal vessel oxygen saturation in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionS Traustason
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1064-7. 2009To examine whether the addition of dorzolamide to timolol monotherapy influences oxygen saturation in the human retina.
- Recurrent HSV-1 corneal epithelial lesions induced by timolol iontophoresis in latently infected rabbitsY Haruta
LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans 70112 2234
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 29:387-92. 1988..01% timolol at 0.8 mAmp for 8 min for 3 consecutive days in 17 rabbits latently infected with HSV-1 strain McKrae...
- Predictors of additional intraocular pressure reduction in patients changed to latanoprost/timolol fixed combinationEric Sellem
Centre Ophtalmologique Kleber, 50, cours Franklin Roosevelt, 69006 Lyon, France
BMC Ophthalmol 10:10. 2010..to identify predictors of an additional 10% intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction after 12 weeks of treatment with latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (FC) in patients requiring a change in their previous ocular hypotensive medication.
- Travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination in patients transitioning from fixed or unfixed bimatoprost 0.03%/timolol 0.5%Maria Luise Scherzer
Marktplatz, Regenstauf, Germany
Adv Ther 28:661-70. 2011..Travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination (TTFC) has shown efficacy in patients whose IOP is not controlled with other therapies...
- Ocular hypotensive effects and safety over 3 months of switching from an unfixed combination to latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0.5% fixed combinationKenji Inoue
Inouye Eye Hospital, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:581-7. 2011Latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0.5% combination eye drops are now available in Japan...
- The safety and efficacy of brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination versus dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionGianluca Manni
University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Bietti Foundation IRCSS, Rome, Italy
J Glaucoma 18:293-300. 2009..study compared the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy of 2 fixed combination products, brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% suspension (Azarga, Brinz/Tim) and dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0...
- Effect of changing from concomitant timolol pilocarpine to bimatoprost monotherapy on ocular blood flow and IOP in primary chronic angle closure glaucomaHarish C Agarwal
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 19:105-12. 2003..and intraocular pressure (IOP) in eyes of primary chronic angle closure glaucoma patients already on concomitant timolol and pilocarpine...
- Cellular cytotoxicity of antiglaucoma drugs in cultured corneal endothelial cellsKwou Yeung Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 23:105-11. 2007In this study, the various antiglaucoma drugs including betaxolol, timolol, levobunolol, carteolol, brimonidine, dipivefrin, dorzolamide, brinzolamide, latanoprost, unoprostone, and pilocarpine were used to investigate the effects of ..
- Comparison of the corneal effects of latanoprost, fixed combination latanoprost-timolol, and timolol: A double-masked, randomized, one-year studyJ H Lass
Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ophthalmology 108:264-71. 2001..on corneal endothelial cell density and corneal thickness of latanoprost and the fixed combination latanoprost-timolol to timolol. DESIGN: Double-masked, randomized, prospective, multicenter clinical trial...
- Meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing latanoprost with timolol in the treatment of patients with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionW Y Zhang
Centre for Evidence Based Pharmacotherapy, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 85:983-90. 2001To evaluate the comparative efficacy and tolerance of latanoprost versus timolol through a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials (RCTs).
- Bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination vs latanoprost/timolol fixed combination in open-angle glaucoma patientsA Martinez
Instituto Gallego de Oftalmologia, C Ramón Baltar Sn, Santiago de Compostela, La Coruna, Spain
Eye (Lond) 23:810-8. 2009To evaluate bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination (BTFC) vs latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC) given each evening over the 12-h intraocular pressure (IOP) diurnal curve.
- A comparison of the long-term effects of dorzolamide 2% and brinzolamide 1%, each added to timolol 0.5%, on retrobulbar hemodynamics and intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma patientsAntonio Martinez
Glaucoma, Instituto Gallego de Oftalmologia, Santiago de Compostela, La Coruna, Spain
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:239-48. 2009To compare the effect on the retrobulbar hemodynamics and intraocular pressure (IOP) of dorzolamide 2% and brinzolamide 1%, each added to timolol 0.5% in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).
- A one-week comfort study of BID-dosed brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic suspension fixed combination compared to BID-dosed dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionStephen D Vold
Boozman Hof Regional Eye Clinic, Rogers, AK, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:601-5. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the ocular discomfort of brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic suspension fixed combination dosed twice-daily compared to dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0...
- Intraocular pressure-lowering efficacy of brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination compared with brinzolamide 1% and timolol 0.5%Martin Kaback
Glaucoma Consultants of the Capital Region, Slingerlands, New York, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1728-34, 1734.e1-2. 2008To compare the safety and intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy of brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination with brinzolamide 1% or timolol 0.5% alone in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OHT).
- Adverse effects of topical antiglaucoma drugs on the ocular surfaceM K Arici
Department of Ophthalmology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 28:113-7. 2000..This study was designed to determine the effect of long-term antiglaucoma topical medication on the ocular surface; measuring basal Schirmer's and tear break-up time tests using conjunctival impression cytology...
- A comparison of the safety and intraocular pressure lowering of bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination versus latanoprost/timolol fixed combination in patients with open-angle glaucomaAntonio Martinez
Instituto Gallego de Oftalmologia, Santiago de Compostela, La Coruna, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1025-32. 2007To compare the efficacy and tolerability of a once daily evening dose of the latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC) with that of a once-daily evening dose of the bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination (BTFC) in patients with open-..
- Reaction of Müller cells in an experimental rat model of increased intraocular pressure following timolol, latanoprost and brimonidineLourdes Vidal
Department of Histology and Histopathology, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, Boulevard Louis Pasteur 32, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Brain Res Bull 82:18-24. 2010..The animals were divided into five groups: control, experimental, and experimental treated with timolol, latanoprost or brimonidine...
- Betaxolol, a beta1-adrenoceptor antagonist, has an affinity for L-type Ca2+ channelsJ Melena
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 378:317-22. 1999..Carteolol, propranolol and timolol were also found to inhibit both specific [3H]diltiazem and [3H]nitrendipine binding to rat cortical membranes, ..
- Montmorillonite as a drug delivery system: intercalation and in vitro release of timolol maleateGhanshyam V Joshi
Discipline of Inorganic Materials and Catalysis, Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Gijubhai Badheka Marg, Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
Int J Pharm 374:53-7. 2009..This work examines the advantageous effect of clay mineral as drug carrier for timolol maleate (TM), a nonselective beta-adrenergic blocking agent...
- Application of TLC-densitometry, first-derivative UV-spectrophotometry and ratio derivative spectrophotometry for the determination of dorzolamide hydrochloride and timolol maleateLories I Bebawy
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, 6 Hussen Kamal el Deen, Ben el Sariat, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:737-46. 2002Three methods are described for the simultaneous determination of dorzolamide hydrochloride (DORZ) and timolol maleate (TIM) in ophthalmic solutions...
- Changes in ocular surface caused by antiglaucomatous eyedrops: prospective, randomised study for the comparison of 0.5% timolol v 0. 12% unoprostoneJ Shimazaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1250-4. 2000..A beta blocker (0.5% timolol) and a novel prostaglandin F(2alpha) metabolite related drug (0...
- Twenty-four-hour intraocular pressure control with the travoprost/timolol maleate fixed combination compared with travoprost when both are dosed in the evening in primary open-angle glaucomaA G P Konstas
PRN Pharmaceutical Research Network, LLC, 5001 LBJ Freeway, Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75244, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:481-5. 2009To evaluate the 24 h efficacy and safety of the travoprost/timolol maleate fixed combination (TTFC) versus travoprost when both are dosed in the evening in primary open-angle glaucoma patients.
- Second-line therapy with dorzolamide/timolol or latanoprost/timolol fixed combination versus adding dorzolamide/timolol fixed combination to latanoprost monotherapyA G P Konstas
Department Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Unit, 1st University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1498-502. 2008..insufficiently controlled on latanoprost monotherapy, to determine the 24 h intraocular pressure (IOP) efficacy and safety when changing them to dorzolamide/timolol (DTFC) or latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC) or adding DTFC.
- A three-year prospective, randomized and open comparison between latanoprost and timolol in Japanese normal-tension glaucoma patientsG Tomita
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eye (Lond) 18:984-9. 2004To compare the longitudinal effects of treatment on intraocular pressure (IOP) and visual field performance in Japanese normal-tension glaucoma (NTG) between latanoprost and timolol.
- Short-term effect of latanoprost and timolol eye drops on tear fluid and the ocular surface in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionJ Thygesen
Department of Ophthalmology, Vejle Sygehus, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:37-44. 2000To investigate and compare the short term effects of topical latanoprost and timolol on the tear fluid and ocular surface condition in patients with bilateral primary open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Application of substrate depletion assay for early prediction of nonlinear pharmacokinetics in drug discovery: assessment of nonlinearity of metoprolol, timolol, and propranololHiroshi Komura
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
J Pharm Sci 94:2656-66. 2005..In vitro kinetics and in vivo pharmacokinetic profiles after oral administration of timolol, metoprolol, and propranolol, were investigated in rats using the depletion assay...
- Comparison of dorzolamide/timolol and latanoprost/timolol fixed combinations on diurnal intraocular pressure control in primary open-angle glaucomaMümin Hakan Eren
Beyoglu Eye Education and Research Hospital, Kuledibi, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:381-6. 2012To compare the efficacy and safety of dorzolamide hydrochloride 2%/timolol maleate 0.5% fixed combination (DTFC) with latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0...
- Pharmacokinetics of timolol in aqueous humor sampled by microdialysis after topical administration of thermosetting gelsGang Wei
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 20:67-71. 2006In order to develop a thermosetting gel-based formulation, the ocular pharmacokinetics of timolol was studied utilizing microdialysis sampling technique after topical administration...
- The influence of diclofenac ophthalmic solution on the intraocular pressure-lowering effect of topical 0.5% timolol and 0.005% latanoprost in primary open-angle glaucoma patientsCiro Costagliola
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Eye Res 81:610-5. 2005..5% timolol and 0.005% latanoprost eyedrops in patients affected by primary open-angle glaucoma...
- A short term study of the additive effect of timolol and brimonidine on intraocular pressureM K Arici
Department of Ophthalmology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine Sivas, Turkey
Eye (Lond) 16:39-43. 2002To evaluate the additive ocular hypotensive effect of the combination of brimonidine and timolol on intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction in patients with glaucoma.
- New mucoadhesive chitosan film for ophthalmic drug delivery of timolol maleate: in vivo evaluationGustavo de Oliveira Fulgêncio
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:350-8. 2012..The present study compared the efficacy and safety of chitosan-coated timolol maleate (TM) mucoadhesive film, using a 0.5% TM commercial ophthalmic solution in a rabbit model...
- Intraocular pressure-reducing effects of latanoprost versus timolol in chinese patients with chronic angle-closure glaucomaJialiang Zhao
Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, East District, Beijing, China
J Glaucoma 22:591-6. 2013To compare the efficacy and safety of latanoprost and timolol in Chinese patients with chronic angle-closure glaucoma (CACG), who had undergone laser or surgical peripheral iridotomy but who continued to experience elevated intraocular ..
- Ocular surface changes induced by topical antiglaucoma monotherapyBarbara Cvenkel
Eye Clinic, Medical Center Ljubljana, Medical Faculty, Slovenia
Ophthalmologica 216:175-9. 2002..To investigate the expression of inflammatory markers HLA-DR in impression cytology specimens from patients receiving topical antiglaucoma monotherapy...
- RCT of timolol maleate gel for superficial infantile hemangiomas in 5- to 24-week-oldsHsien Chan
Sydney Children s Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatrics 131:e1739-47. 2013b>Timolol maleate 0.5% gel is a safe and effective medication for treating superficial infantile hemangiomas (IHs) in infants with a median age of 9 weeks.
- Glaucoma therapy by extended release of timolol from nanoparticle loaded silicone-hydrogel contact lensesHyun Jung Jung
Chemical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Control Release 165:82-9. 2013..therapy, we disperse nanoparticles of PGT (propoxylated glyceryl triacylate) that contain a glaucoma drug timolol. The particles can also be loaded into prefabricated lenses by soaking the lenses in a solution of particles in ..
- Effects of antiglaucoma drugs on collagen gel contraction mediated by human corneal fibroblastsYang Liu
Department of Biomolecular Recognition and Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube City, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Glaucoma 15:255-9. 2006..The effects of the antiglaucoma drugs latanoprost, timolol maleate, and pilocarpine on the contraction of corneal fibroblasts cultured in a 3-dimensional collagen gel were ..
- Effect of 2% dorzolamide on retinal blood flow: a study on juvenile primary open-angle glaucoma patients already receiving 0.5% timololCiro Costagliola
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:376-9. 2007To investigate whether dorzolamide modifies peripapillary retinal haemodynamics in juvenile primary open-angle glaucoma (JPOAG) patients treated with timolol.
- Comparison of the effects of dorzolamide/timolol and latanoprost/timolol fixed combinations upon intraocular pressure and progression of visual field damage in primary open-angle glaucomaB Pajic
Swiss Eye Research Foundation, Reinach, Switzerland
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2213-9. 2010To report the long-term effect of the dorzolamide/timolol (DTFC) and latanoprost/timolol (LTFC) fixed combinations on intraocular pressure (IOP) and visual field defects over time in naïve primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) patients.
- Effects of topical 0.5% levobunolol alone or in association with 2% dorzolamide compared with a fixed combination of 0.5% timolol and 2% dorzolamide on intraocular pressure and heart rate in dogs without glaucomaAlessio Scardillo
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Medicine Faculty, University of Messina, Italy
Vet Ther 11:E1-6. 2010..dogs, and levobunolol combined with dorzolamide produces a stronger hypotensive effect than the combination of timolol and dorzolamide...
- Hyperemia reduction after administration of a fixed combination of bimatoprost and timolol maleate to patients on prostaglandin or prostamide monotherapyAugusto Paranhos
Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:611-5. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the change in hyperemia and intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients who switch from prostaglandin or prostamide to a fixed combination of prostamide and timolol maleate.
- Intraocular pressure lowering, change of antiapoptotic molecule expression, and neuroretinal changes by dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% combination in a chronic ocular hypertension rat modelHae Y Park
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:563-71. 2008..change of antiapoptotic molecules expression, and neuroretinal changes by a commercially available dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% combination in a chronic ocular hypertension rat model...
- Effects of brimonidine 0.2%-timolol 0.5% fixed-combination therapy for glaucomaSung Woo Cho
Department of Ophthalmology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Ophthalmol 54:407-13. 2010To evaluate the effects of brimonidine 0.2%-timolol 0.5% fixed-combination therapy in the treatment of patients with glaucoma.
- Comparison of the in vitro tolerance and in vivo efficacy of traditional timolol maleate eye drops versus new formulations with bioadhesive polymersVanessa Andrés-Guerrero
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3548-56. 2011To assess the in vitro tolerance and in vivo efficacy of new unpreserved formulations of timolol maleate (TM) in aqueous solutions of bioadhesive polymers used for dry eye treatment and to compare them with three traditional TM ..
- In vitro comparative toxicology of polyquad-preserved and benzalkonium chloride-preserved travoprost/timolol fixed combination and latanoprost/timolol fixed combinationFrancoise Brignole-Baudouin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U968, Paris, France
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:273-80. 2011To compare, in vitro, the cytotoxicity profile of a new formulation of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination ophthalmic solution preserved with polyquaternium-1 0...
- Effects of the timolol-dorzolamide fixed combination and latanoprost on circadian diastolic ocular perfusion pressure in glaucomaLuciano Quaranta
Clinica Oculistica, Università degli Studi Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4226-31. 2008To evaluate the effect of the timolol-dorzolamide fixed combination (TDFC) and latanoprost 0...
- Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing timolol with brimonidine in the treatment of glaucomaSeng Chee Loon
National University Hospital, Singapore and Department of Ophthalmology, Centre for Vision Research, Millenium Institute, University of Sydney, Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:281-9. 2008This paper aims to compare the efficacy and tolerability of timolol versus brimonidine in the treatment of glaucoma...
- Chitosan nanoparticles for prolonged delivery of timolol maleateSunil A Agnihotri
Drug Delivery Division, Center of Excellence in Polymer Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:1254-62. 2007b>Timolol maleate-loaded chitosan (CS) nanoparticles were prepared by desolvation method...
- From dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% to brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination: a 6-month, multicenter, open-label tolerability switch studyGemma Caterina Maria Rossi
University Eye Clinic of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Piazzale Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:2425-31. 2011To assess ocular surface status and tolerability after switching glaucoma patients from dorzolamide/timolol to brinzolamide/timolol fixed combination (FC).
- Comparative efficacy and safety of the fixed versus unfixed combination of latanoprost and timolol in Chinese patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionJia liang Zhao
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China
BMC Ophthalmol 11:23. 2011..was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of a single evening dose of fixed-combination latanoprost 50 μg/mL and timolol 0...
- Association between low plasma levels of ophthalmic timolol and haemodynamics in glaucoma patientsTuomo Nieminen
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Medical School, University of Tampere, 33014, Tampere, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:369-74. 2005The aims of the study were to assess the correlation between the plasma concentration of ophthalmic timolol and cardiovascular parameters, and the influence of timolol on advanced haemodynamic variables, such as stroke (SI), cardiac (CI) ..
- Effects of systemic beta-blocker therapy on the efficacy and safety of topical brimonidine and timolol. Brimonidine Study Groups 1 and 2J S Schuman
New England Eye Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ophthalmology 107:1171-7. 2000..the impact of coadminstration of systemic beta-blockers on the ocular hypotensive efficacy and safety of topical timolol, a nonselective, beta-blocker, and that of brimonidine, an alpha2-selective adrenergic agonist, in patients with ..
- Deep periocular infantile capillary hemangiomas responding to topical application of timolol maleate, 0.5%, dropsKanmin Xue
Pediatric Ophthalmology Service, Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor, and Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, Reading, England
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:1246-8. 2013
- Trifluridine decreases ocular HSV-1 recovery, but not herpetic lesions after timolol iontophoresisD S Rootman
Lions Eye Research Laboratories, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans 70112 2234
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 30:678-83. 1989..01% timolol once a day for 3 consecutive days to induce viral shedding and lesions...
- Using diurnal intraocular pressure fluctuation to assess the efficacy of fixed-combination latanoprost/timolol versus latanoprost or timolol monotherapyR Varma
Doheny Eye Institute and the Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1450 San Pablo Street, DEI 4900, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 94:80-4. 2010To evaluate differences in diurnal intraocular pressure (IOP) fluctuation in glaucoma/ocular hypertension patients treated with once-daily fixed-combination latanoprost/timolol, once-daily latanoprost or twice-daily timolol.
- The effect of timolol maleate on tear film break-up time in NigeriansO Fasina
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 37:43-7. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of Timolol maleate on tear film break-up time in a Nigerian population...
- 24-hour intraocular pressure and blood pressure levels with latanoprost/timolol fixed combination versus timololA G P Konstas
1st Department of Medicine, corrected AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Curr Eye Res 34:369-77. 2009To evaluate 24-hr intraocular pressure (IOP) and blood pressure (BP) with timolol or latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC).
- Enhanced disruption of the blood-aqueous barrier and the incidence of angiographic cystoid macular edema by topical timolol and its preservative in early postoperative pseudophakiaK Miyake
Shohzankai Medical Foundation, Miyake Eye Hospital, 1070 Kami 5, Higashiozone cho, Kita ku, Nagoya, 462 0823, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 119:387-94. 2001To investigate the effects of timolol maleate with preservative and its preserved (PV) and nonpreserved vehicles (NPV) (benzalkonium chloride) on the blood-aqueous barrier and angiographic cystoid macular edema (CME) in early ..
- Ability of dorzolamide hydrochloride and timolol maleate to target mitochondria in glaucoma therapySergio Claudio Saccà
Ophthalmology Unit, Department of Head Neck Pathologies, San Martino Hospital, Viale Benedetto XV, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 129:48-55. 2011To test the ability of dorzolamide hydrochloride and timolol maleate to display antioxidant effects.
- Profound cardioprotection with timolol in a female rat model of aging-related altered left ventricular functionNazli N Sozmen
Department of Biophysics, Ankara University, Turkey
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 89:277-88. 2011..Previously we showed that chronic treatment with either timolol or propranolol possessed similar beneficial effects for heart function in male rats as age increased, whereas ..
- Latanoprost versus timolol as first choice therapy in patients with ocular hypertension. A cost-effectiveness analysisAndrea Peeters
Department of Ophthalmology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Ophthalmol 90:146-54. 2012To determine the cost-effectiveness of ocular hypertension (OH) treatment initiated with latanoprost compared to timolol.
- Timolol maleate 0.5% or 0.1% gel-forming solution for infantile hemangiomas: a retrospective, multicenter, cohort studyAjith Chakkittakandiyil
Department of Dermatology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Dermatol 29:28-31. 2012Therapeutic options for superficial infantile hemangiomas (IH) are limited. Recently, timolol maleate gel, a topical nonselective beta-blocker, has been reported as a potentially effective treatment for superficial IH...
- Fixed combination of latanoprost and timolol vs individual components for primary open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension: a randomized, double-masked studyEve J Higginbotham
Morehouse School of Medicine and Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:165-72. 2010To assess the efficacy and safety of fixed-combination latanoprost-timolol (FCLT) vs latanoprost or timolol monotherapy.
- An eight-week, multicentric, randomized, interventional, open-label, phase 4, parallel comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of the fixed combination of timolol maleate 0.5%/brimonidine tartrate 0.2% versus fixed combination of timolol maleate 0.5%/Marcelo Hatanaka
University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Glaucoma 17:674-9. 2008To compare the efficacy and tolerability of the fixed combination of timolol maleate 0.5%/brimonidine tartrate 0.2% versus fixed combination of timolol maleate 0...
- A comparison of bimatoprost 0.03% versus the fixed-combination of latanoprost 0.005% and timolol 0.5% in adult patients with elevated intraocular pressure: an eight-week, randomized, open-label trialAntonio Carlos Facio
Glaucoma Service, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:447-51. 2009Bimatoprost and the fixed combination of latanoprost with timolol maleate are 2 medications widely used to treat glaucoma and ocular hypertension (OHT)...
- Effect of dorzolamide and timolol on ocular pressure: blood flow relationship in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionGabriele Fuchsjager-Mayrl
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1289-96. 2010..Here they report on the effects of dorzolamide and timolol on ocular pressure/flow relationships to test the hypothesis that these drugs improve autoregulation.
- The effects of a fixed combination of 0.5% timolol and 1% dorzolamide on optic nerve head blood circulationIkuyo Ohguro
Department of Ophthalmology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:392-6. 2012The purpose of the present study is to evaluate the effects of a fixed combination of 0.5% timolol maleate (TM) and 1% dorzolamide hydrochloride (DZ) (FCTD(1%)) on optic nerve head (ONH) blood circulation.
- Efficacy of the fixed combinations of bimatoprost or latanoprost plus timolol in patients uncontrolled with prostaglandin monotherapy: a multicenter, randomized, investigator-masked, clinical studyM Centofanti
Fondazione G B Bietti IRCCS, Roma, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:66-71. 2009To compare the efficacy and tolerability of a once-daily evening dose of bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination (BTFC) with that of a once-daily evening dose of latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC) in patients not controlled with ..
- A comparison of dorzolamide/timolol-fixed combination versus bimatoprost in patients with open-angle glaucoma who are poorly controlled on latanoprostElizabeth D Sharpe
Glaucoma Consultants and Center For Eye Research, Mount Pleasant, SC, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:408-13. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the intraocular pressure (IOP) efficacy and safety of dorzolamide/timolol in fixed combination (DTFC) versus bimatoprost in open-angle glaucoma (OAG) patients poorly controlled (> or =21 mmHg) on ..
- Inhibition of neutrophil migration and oxygen free radical release by metipranolol and timololAngela Djanani
Laboratory of Intensive Care Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Pharmacology 68:198-203. 2003..Whether topically used metipranolol and timolol exert such effects is unknown. Neutrophil chemotaxis was tested using modified Boyden microchemotaxis chambers...
- Systemic bioavailability and cardiopulmonary effects of 0.5% timolol eyedropsJuha Matti Korte
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, 20520 Turku, Finland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:430-5. 2002To investigate the pharmacological basis of systemic side effects of ophthalmic timolol, we estimated the systemic bioavailability of 0.5% timolol eyedrops and compared cardiopulmonary effects of intravenous and ophthalmic timolol.
- Effectiveness of levobetaxolol and timolol at blunting retinal ischaemia is related to their calcium and sodium blocking activities: relevance to glaucomaN N Osborne
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Oxford University, Walton Street, Oxford OX2 6AW, UK
Brain Res Bull 62:525-8. 2004..b>Timolol was also effective but to a lesser extent...
- Comparison of selective laser trabeculoplasty success in patients treated with either prostaglandin or timolol/dorzolamide fixed combinationNecip Kara
Beyoglu Eye Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:339-42. 2011The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) in eyes of patients with open-angle glaucoma receiving either a prostaglandin (PG) analog or a timolol/dorzolamide fixed combination (TDFC).
- In vitro transdermal iontophoretic transport of timolol maleate: effect of age and speciesN Kanikkannan
College of Pharmacy, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
J Control Release 71:99-105. 2001..variation (rat, rabbit, mouse, guinea pig and human) on the transdermal iontophoretic transport was studied using timolol maleate (TM) as a model drug...
- Control of intraocular pressure and fluctuation with fixed-combination brimonidine-timolol versus brimonidine or timolol monotherapyGeorge L Spaeth
Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 5109, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:93-99.e4. 2011To evaluate control of intraocular pressure (IOP) and IOP fluctuation in patients with ocular hypertension or glaucoma treated with fixed-combination brimonidine-timolol compared with brimonidine or timolol monotherapy.
- Long-term effects of timolol therapy in ocular hypertension: a double-masked, randomised trialA Heijl
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 238:877-83. 2000..The aim of the current paper was to report the results of a long-term study addressing this very problem...
- A controlled study of topical 0.25% timolol maleate gel for the treatment of cutaneous infantile capillary hemangiomasChristopher B Chambers
Department of Ophthalmology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 28:103-6. 2012To evaluate the efficacy of topical 0.25% timolol maleate gel for the treatment of cutaneous infantile capillary hemangiomas.
- Improvement of the ocular bioavailability of timolol by sorbic acidMasayo Higashiyama
Research Laboratories, Senju Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 5 4 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
Int J Pharm 272:91-8. 2004The ocular bioavailability of timolol increased in sorbic acid solution due to ion pair formation. Its octanol/water partition coefficient also increased, suggesting the formation of a more lipophilic complex...
- Effects on aqueous flow of dorzolamide combined with either timolol or acetazolamideCarol B Toris
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 5145, USA
J Glaucoma 13:210-5. 2004To determine the effect on aqueous flow of topical dorzolamide 2%, topical timolol 0.5%, or oral acetazolamide 250 mg when used alone or when dorzolamide is combined with either timolol or acetazolamide.
- Sustained release and permeation of timolol from surface-modified solid lipid nanoparticles through bioengineered human corneaA A Attama
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Technologie, Technische Universität Carolo Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Curr Eye Res 34:698-705. 2009The aim of the study was to formulate and evaluate surface-modified solid lipid nanoparticles sustained delivery system of timolol hydrogen maleate, a prototype ocular drug using a human cornea construct.
- Observational study results in glaucoma patients undergoing a regimen replacement to fixed combination travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% in GermanyKay Oliver Arend
Augenzentrum Alsdorf, Alsdorf, Germany
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:414-20. 2008With the launch of the fixed combination of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0...
- Switching from concomitant latanoprost 0.005% and timolol 0.5% to a fixed combination of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension: a 6-month, multicenter, cohort studyGemma Cm Rossi
University Eye Clinic of Pavia UO Oculistica, AO Bolognini di Seriate, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:1705-11. 2009..To assess the usefulness and tolerability of systematically switching glaucoma patients from latanoprost 0.005% and timolol 0.5% (Lat + Tim) to a fixed combination of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0...
- Safety and efficacy of monotherapy change to fixed combination (travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5%) in 6 months follow up periodZdravko Mandic
Department of Ophthalmology, Clinical Department of Ophthalmology Hospital Sisters of Charity, Refferal Center for Glaucoma, Ministry of Health and Welfare of Republic of Croatia, Zagreb
Acta Clin Croat 49:411-9. 2010To assess the safety and efficacy of changing antiglaucoma therapy to the travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% (TTFC) fixed combination from previous monotherapies.
- Travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5%-fixed combination with and without benzalkonium chloride: a prospective, randomized, doubled-masked comparison of safety and efficacyY Kitazawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Eye (Lond) 25:1161-9. 2011The purpose of this study is to compare the safety and intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy of travoprost/timolol in a benzalkonium chloride (BAK)-free fixed combination preserved with polyquaternium-1 (TRA/TIM BAK-free), with ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of preservative-free eye drops containing a fixed combination of dorzolamide and timolol in glaucoma patientsGiulia Renieri
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:597-603. 2010To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of preservative-free eye drops (dorzolamide/timolol) in routine management of preservative-sensitive glaucoma patients.
- Comparison of evening and morning dosing of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination in 6 month periodSmiljka Popović Suić
Department of Ophtalmology, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:847-52. 2010An open label, multi-center, 6 months observational study of new fixed combination (travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0...
- Long-term effect of latanoprost/timolol fixed combination in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension: a prospective, observational, noninterventional studyOliver Schwenn
Bürgerhospital Frankfurt am Main, Augenklinik, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
BMC Ophthalmol 10:21. 2010..Our purpose was to obtain efficacy and safety information from a cohort of subjects exposed to latanoprost/timolol fixed combination (FC) for ≥18 months using a prospective, observational design.
- 24-h Intraocular pressure control with evening-dosed travoprost/timolol, compared with latanoprost/timolol, fixed combinations in exfoliative glaucomaA G P Konstas
Glaucoma Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, First University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eye (Lond) 24:1606-13. 2010To evaluate 24-h efficacy of travoprost/timolol fixed combination (TTFC) vslatanoprost/timolol fixed combination (LTFC) in exfoliative glaucoma (XFG).
- Aqueous Humor Dynamic Components that Determine Intraocular Pressure VarianceSayoko E Moroi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1: Test the hypothesis that aqueous humor inflow is a physiological marker of variation in timolol-mediated IOP response between individuals...
- Ocular Insert for Non-Invasive Sustained Drug Delivery for the Treatment of GlaucCHARLES DANIEL contact LEAHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..II grant award periods on one specific product - a topical ophthalmic drug delivery device (TODDD") delivering timolol, to treat glaucoma. Timolol is one of the most commonly used glaucoma drugs and is not patent protected...
- PG-INDUCED REDUCTION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURECarl Camras; Fiscal Year: 1993..The effects of cyclo- oxygenase inhibitors (COIs) on the IOP response after epinephrine, timolol, pilocarpine phospholine iodide, arachidonic acid, PGF2 alpha, forskolin, vanadate, corynanthine, pergolide, ..
- ESOPHAGEAL VARICES BY B-ADRENERGIC BLOCKERSRoberto Groszmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..placebo-controlled, double-blind trial was designed with the primary aim of investigating if early therapy with timolol, a non- selective beta-adrenergic blocker, can prevent or delay the development of varices in patients with ..
- ELECTRICALLY MODULATED SKIN DELIVERY OF BETA-BLOCKERSAjay Banga; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this project investigates the in vitro delivery of five beta-blockers, propranolol, oxprenolol, timolol, metoprolol, and sotalol across freshly excised hairless rat skin and uses the data to follow up with its in vivo ..
- TOPICAL B-BLOCKER SIDE EFFECTS IN ELDERLYJEROME AVORN; Fiscal Year: 1990..analysis will take the form of follow-up (cohort) studies, after exposure to an ophthalmic beta-blocker, either timolol or betaxolol...
- PHARMACOGENETICS AND RESPONSE TO THERAPY IN OLDER ADULTSSUSAN HECKBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..may confer increased susceptibility to the adverse cardiovascular effects of the beta blockers metoprolol or timolol and the tricyclic antidepressant drugs...
- ADRENERGIC & CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS IN GLAUCOMA THERAPYJON POLANSKY; Fiscal Year: 1993..Although there has been considerable interest in the mechanisms by which adrenergic (eg, epinephrine and timolol) and cholinergic (eg, pilocarpine, carbachol, echothiophate iodide) drugs reduce IOP, as well as to understand ..
- TRANSCORNEAL FLUX ENHANCEMENT OF PILOCARPINEDAVID KROHN; Fiscal Year: 1980..Similar tests are being conducted for Timolol, since this beta adrenergic antagonist may be more useful than at present in drop form when mediated by hydrogels...
- EVALUATION OF ESTERASE ACTIVITY AND PRODRUGS IN THE EYEVincent Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..The focus will be on 0-1'-methylcyclopropanoyl timolol, which in terms of chemical stability and ratio of ocular to systemic drug absorption is the best candidate of 25 ..
- CHLORIDE TRANSPORT IN HUMAN CILIARY EPITHELIUMRichard Crook; Fiscal Year: 2001..strategy for this disease is the reduction of aqueous humor secretion with B-adrenergic antagonists such as timolol and other drugs. Although such treatments are effective, their molecular mechanisms are largely unknown...
- OCULAR INSERT FOR THE TREATMENT OF GLAUCOMACHARLES LEAHY; Fiscal Year: 2001..This larger yet more comfortable design could retain a larger reservoir of the glaucoma drug, timolol, contact a larger tissue area, and be worn effectively for extended periods measured in weeks or months rather ..
- FLUOROPHOTOMETRIC DETERMINATION--AQUEOUS HUMOR DYNAMICSMICHAEL YABLONSKI; Fiscal Year: 1992..A basic assumption of the fluorophotometric method, that acetazolamide and timolol do not affect uveoscleral outflow and episcleral venous pressure will also be tested...
- HYPOTHALAMIC CONTROL OF PERIPHERAL CIRCULATIONSELDEN SPENCER; Fiscal Year: 1990..rate changes will be determined using selective pharmacological blockade with atropine methyl nitrate and/or timolol. The arterial pressure changes will be analyzed with the radiolabeled microsphere technique to determine the ..
- STRESS & IMMUNITY IN ANIMALS--NEUROENDOCRINE MECHANISMSAndrew Miller; Fiscal Year: 1990..In separate experiments, chlorisondamine chloride, the ganglionic blocking agent, and Timolol, a peripheral beta receptor antagonist, will be injected 90 minutes prior to restraint in order to block the ..
- REGULATION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE AND OCULAR BLOOD FLOWJohn Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..young and elderly volunteers, from untreated glaucoma patients/suspects, and from glaucoma patients treated with timolol or latanoprost...
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYRohit Varma; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR MODULATION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMShay Whey Koh; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)James Brandt; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- OHTS--KRESGE EYE INSTITUTEBret Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- GLUCOSE MEDIATION OF NORADRENERGIC ACTIVITY IN VMHJOSEPH BEVERLY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, we propose that leptin affects the sensitivity of glucose response neurons to interstitial glucose concentrations thereby altering the glycemic threshold for activation of glucoregulatory systems in the VMH. ..
- Regulation and actions of NO in the cardiac plexusJEAN HARDWICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, it will provide important information concerning the regulation and of NO in the control of cardiac function. ..
- EARLY MANIFEST GLAUCOMA TRIALAnders Heijl; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected, that the large scale community screening effort to recruit study participants with as yet undetected glaucoma, will require screening of 20,000 to 30,000 Malmo citizens in appropriate age groups. ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYMark Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- INTRINSIC CARDIAC NEURONS AND CARDIAC CONTROLJEFFREY ARDELL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific Aim 5. To determine if restoration of circulating catecholamines alleviates the cardiodepression associated with chronic adrenalectomy with and without concurrent prolonged loss of extrinsic nerve inputs to the heart. ..