Summary: A sympathomimetic that acts mainly by causing release of NOREPINEPHRINE but also has direct agonist activity at some adrenergic receptors. It is most commonly used as a nasal vasoconstrictor and an appetite depressant.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- Persistence with overactive bladder pharmacotherapy in a Medicaid populationFadia T Shaya
Center on Drugs and Public Policy, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S121-9. 2005....
- Superior efficacy of fesoterodine over tolterodine extended release with rapid onset: a prospective, head-to-head, placebo-controlled trialSteven A Kaplan
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 107:1432-40. 2011..To show the superior efficacy of fesoterodine over tolterodine extended release (ER) in a placebo-controlled overactive bladder (OAB) trial with predefined treatment comparisons for both diary measures and patient-reported outcomes...
- Efficacy and tolerability of mirabegron, a β(3)-adrenoceptor agonist, in patients with overactive bladder: results from a randomised European-Australian phase 3 trialVik Khullar
St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK
Eur Urol 63:283-95. 2013..Mirabegron, a β(3)-adrenoceptor agonist, has been developed for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Persistence, adherence, and switch rates among extended-release and immediate-release overactive bladder medications in a regional managed care planAnna O D'Souza
Xcenda, LLC, Cincinnati, OH 45255, USA anna dsouza xcenda com
J Manag Care Pharm 14:291-301. 2008..No study has compared persistence and adherence to therapy for both the ER and IR versions of tolterodine and oxybutynin...
- Pharmacokinetics of cathinone, cathine and norephedrine after the chewing of khat leavesStefan W Toennes
Institute of Forensic Toxicology, Centre of Legal Medicine, University of Frankfurt, Kennedyallee 104, D 60596 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:125-30. 2003..The stimulating herbal drug khat is habitually used in East Africa and the Arabian peninsula but is also imported into other countries. The aim was to study the pharmacokinetics of its alkaloids cathinone, cathine and norephedrine...
- Comparison of fesoterodine and tolterodine extended release for the treatment of overactive bladder: a head-to-head placebo-controlled trialSender Herschorn
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Division of Urology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BJU Int 105:58-66. 2010..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of fesoterodine 8 mg with tolterodine extended-release (ER) 4 mg and placebo in a randomized clinical trial of patients with an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Urodynamic and morphologic changes in the lower portion of the urogenital tract after administration of estriol alone and in combination with phenylpropanolamine in sexually intact and spayed female dogsAnnick J Hamaide
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 67:901-8. 2006To compare the urodynamic and morphologic effects of the administration of estriol alone and in combination with phenylpropanolamine on the lower portion of the urogenital tract in female dogs.
- Evaluation of phenylpropanolamine in the treatment of urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence in the bitchL Scott
Vétoquinol UK Ltd, Wedgewood Road, Bicester, Oxon OX26 7UL
J Small Anim Pract 43:493-6. 2002In a multicentre, blinded, placebo-controlled trial, 50 dogs were treated for 28 days with either phenylpropanolamine or a placebo control...
- Inhibiting neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor modulates melanocortin receptor- and NF-κB-mediated feeding behavior in phenylpropanolamine-treated ratsYih Shou Hsieh
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University and Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung City 40201, Taiwan, ROC
Horm Behav 64:95-102. 2013Neuropeptide Y (NPY) and nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-κB) are involved in regulating anorexia elicited by phenylpropanolamine (PPA), a sympathomimetic drug...
- Effect of phenylpropanolamine and pseudoephedrine on the urethral pressure profile and continence scores of incontinent female dogsJulie K Byron
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:47-53. 2007..b>Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) is the most frequently used alpha-agonist for this condition, but increased cost and decreased ..
- Linezolid: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of coadministration with pseudoephedrine HCl, phenylpropanolamine HCl, and dextromethorpan HBrP E Hendershot
Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007-4940, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:563-72. 2001..pharmacodynamic responses to coadministration of oral linezolid with sympathomimetics (pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine) and a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (dextromethorphan)...
- Evaluation of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine concentrations in human urine samples and a comparison of the specificity of DRI amphetamines and Abuscreen online (KIMS) amphetamines screening immunoassaysPeter R Stout
Aegis Sciences Corporation, 345 Hill Ave, Nashville, TN 37210, USA
J Forensic Sci 49:160-4. 2004..of two amphetamine class screening reagents to exclude ephedrine (EPH), pseudoephedrine (PSEPH), and phenylpropanolamine (PPA) from falsely producing positive immunoassay screening results...
- Roles of protein kinase Calpha isozyme in the regulation of oxidative stress and neuropeptide Y gene expression in phenylpropanolamine-mediated appetite suppressionDong Yih Kuo
Department of Physiology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan, China
J Neurochem 108:1495-506. 2009..Although regulation of NPY expression has been reported to contribute to the appetite-suppressing effect of phenylpropanolamine (PPA), it is still unknown if protein kinase C (PKC) is involved in this effect...
- The identification of neuropeptide Y receptor subtype involved in phenylpropanolamine-induced increase in oxidative stress and appetite suppressionYih Shou Hsieh
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University and Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung City, 40201, Taiwan, ROC
Neuromolecular Med 15:159-68. 2013..dismutase (SOD) have been reported to participate in the regulation of appetite-suppressing effect of phenylpropanolamine (PPA), a sympathomimetic agent...
- Dose and aging effect on patients reported treatment benefit switching from the first overactive bladder therapy with tolterodine ER to fesoterodine: post-hoc analysis from an observational and retrospective studyDavid Castro-Diaz
Department of Urology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
BMC Urol 12:19. 2012..This study aimed to assess the effect of aging and dose escalation on patient-reported treatment benefit, after changing their first Overactive Bladder (OAB) therapy with tolterodine-ER to fesoterodine in daily clinical practice...
- Clinical evaluation of a single daily dose of phenylpropanolamine in the treatment of urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence in the bitchStéphanie Claeys
Department of Clinical Sciences Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Boulevard de Colonster, 20, B44, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Can Vet J 52:501-5. 2011The objective of this retrospective study was to determine the efficacy of a single daily oral dose of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) in the treatment of urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence (USMI) in bitches...
- Retrograde ejaculation occurs in the dog, but can be prevented by pre-treatment with phenylpropanolamine: a urodynamic studyF Beaufays
University of Liege, Veterinary College, Small Animal Clinical Science Department, Bd Colonster 20 B44, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Theriogenology 70:1057-64. 2008..of semen occurred during ejaculation in mature dogs with normal fertility, and to determine the effects of phenylpropanolamine on this phenomenon (dose-titration, switch-back study)...
- Urodynamic and haemodynamic effects of a single oral administration of ephedrine or phenylpropanolamine in continent female dogsStéphanie Noël
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences B44, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet J 192:89-95. 2012This study investigated the effects of a single oral administration of ephedrine (2 mg/kg) or phenylpropanolamine (PPA) (1.5 mg/kg) on the vesico-urethral and cardiovascular functions in continent female dogs...
- Combined pharmacokinetic and urodynamic study of the effects of oral administration of phenylpropanolamine in female Beagle dogsStéphanie Noël
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences B44, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet J 184:201-7. 2010..in pharmacokinetic, urodynamic and haemodynamic parameters after administration of two dosages of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) in female Beagle dogs...
- Knocking down the transcript of NF-kappaB modulates the reciprocal regulation of endogenous antioxidants and feeding behavior in phenylpropanolamine-treated ratsDong Yih Kuo
Department of Physiology, Chung Shan Medical University and Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung City 40201, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Toxicol 86:453-63. 2012..oxidative stress, antioxidants, and neuropeptide Y (NPY) are involved in regulating the feeding behavior of phenylpropanolamine (PPA), a sympathomimetic drug...
- Protracted 'anti-addictive' effects of adolescent phenylpropanolamine exposure in C57BL/6J miceJeffery H Penzner
Behavioral and Neural Genetics Laboratory, Department of Psychology and the Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA
Addict Biol 13:310-25. 2008Exposure to the once highly prevalent over-the-counter (OTC) sympathomimetic phenylpropanolamine (PPA; +/--norephedrine) during pre-adolescence alters the developmental trajectory of catecholamine and amino acid neurotransmitter systems ..
- Excretion and detection of cathinone, cathine, and phenylpropanolamine in urine after kath chewingStefan W Toennes
Institute of Forensic Toxicology, Center of Legal Medicine, University of Frankfurt Main, Kennedyallee 104, D 60596 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Clin Chem 48:1715-9. 2002..Therefore, a study with kath was carried out to compare the efficiencies of different analytical techniques used to detect drug use...
- Both alpha1-adrenergic and D(1)-dopaminergic neurotransmissions are involved in phenylpropanolamine-mediated feeding suppression in miceJuei Tang Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Chung Kung University, 70107 Tainan City, Taiwan, ROC
Neurosci Lett 347:136-8. 2003The anorectic action of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) has been attributed to the activation of alpha1 adrenoceptors. It is unknown whether dopamine (DA) receptor subtype was involved in this action...
- Influence of Eudragit NE 30 D blended with Eudragit L 30 D-55 on the release of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride from coated pelletsWeijia Zheng
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:357-66. 2003..was to investigate the influence of Eudragit NE 30 D blended with Eudragit L 30 D-55 on the release of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride (PPA x HCl) from coated pellets...
- Does gender or age affect the efficacy and safety of tolterodine?Martin C Michel
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
J Urol 168:1027-31. 2002..We compared the importance of patient age and gender relative to the intensity of baseline symptoms of overactive bladder in the therapeutic response to the muscarinic receptor antagonist tolterodine...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of extended-release once-daily tolterodine treatment for overactive bladder in older versus younger patientsNorman R Zinner
Doctors Urology Group, Torrance, California 90505, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:799-807. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a new, once-daily extended-release (ER) formulation of tolterodine in treating overactive bladder in older (> or =65) and younger (<65) patients...
- A placebo controlled randomized trial of the effects of phenylpropanolamine and nicotine gum on cessation rates and postcessation weight gain in womenTheodore V Cooper
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, G V Sonny Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Addict Behav 30:61-75. 2005..This study assessed the efficacy of two forms of pharmacotherapy [nicotine and phenylpropanolamine (PPA) gums] in addition to a 13-week cognitive behavioral smoking cessation program targeted for women...
- High performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection for the determination of phenylpropanolamine in human plasma and rat's blood and brain microdialysates using DIB-Cl as a labelAmal Kaddoumi
Division of Analytical Research for Pharmacoinformatics, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Course of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University 1 14 Bunkyo machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:643-50. 2004A high performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) in human plasma and rat's brain and blood microdialysates using fluorescence (FL) detection after precolumn derivatization with 4-(4,5-..
- Tolterodine: superior tolerability than and comparable efficacy to oxybutynin in individuals 50 years old or older with overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trialJ Malone-Lee
Department of Medicine, St Pancras Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Urol 165:1452-6. 2001..The combination of these qualities makes tolterodine the preferred pharmacological therapy for the long-term treatment of this condition...
- Properties of lipophilic matrix tablets containing phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride prepared by hot-melt extrusionJ Liu
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 52:181-90. 2001..Powder blends containing phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride, Precirol and various excipients were extruded in a single-screw extruder at open-end ..
- Effects of tolterodine, trospium chloride, and oxybutynin on the central nervous systemA Todorova
Pro Science Private Research Clinic GmbH, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 9, D-35440 Linden, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 41:636-44. 2001..The minimal qEEG changes observed with tolterodine and trospium chloride reflect most probably a rebound message from the peripheral target organs. Prescription of oxybutynin thus implicates a higher risk of CNS side effects...
- Randomized, double-blind placebo- and tolterodine-controlled trial of the once-daily antimuscarinic agent solifenacin in patients with symptomatic overactive bladderC R Chapple
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 93:303-10. 2004..e. urgency, incontinence, and frequency, with additional objectives being to assess the safety and tolerability of solifenacin and to compare the efficacy and safety of solifenacin with tolterodine 2 mg twice daily...
- Clinical efficacy, safety, and tolerability of once-daily fesoterodine in subjects with overactive bladderChristopher Chapple
The Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Eur Urol 52:1204-12. 2007..To determine the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of fesoterodine in subjects with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Reversal of phenylpropanolamine anorexia in rats by the alpha-1 receptor antagonist benoxathianP J Wellman
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 38:905-8. 1991b>Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) is a phenethylamine anorectic drug that exerts direct agonist effects predominantly on alpha-1 adrenergic receptors, with some alpha-2 adrenergic activity...
- Effectiveness and tolerability of extended-release oxybutynin vs extended-release tolterodine in women with or without prior anticholinergic treatment for overactive bladderRodney U Anderson
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Suite 287, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:502-11. 2006..Discontinuation rates were comparably low across groups. The results demonstrate the appropriateness of initiating treatment for OAB with extended-release oxybutynin, particularly in women presenting with incontinence...
- Patient-reported outcomes in overactive bladder: importance for determining clinical effectiveness of treatmentLinda Brubaker
Department of Obstetrics, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Urology 68:3-8. 2006..We provide an overview of instruments used to assess symptoms, health-related quality of life, and treatment satisfaction in patients with OAB and discuss how PROs can be incorporated into clinical trial protocols...
- Sustained-release dosage form of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride. Part II: Formulation and in vitro release kinetics from tableted microcapsulesF Sevgi
University of Ege, Faculty of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology Department, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Microencapsul 11:335-44. 1994This work was planned to prepare sustained-action preparations of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride by microencapsulation and by tableted microcapsules...
- Capillary gas chromatographic determination of phenylpropanolamine in pharmaceutical preparationK Abbasi
National Center of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:998-1001. 2006Analytical procedure has been developed for the gas chromatographic determination of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) using trifluoroacetylacetone (FAA) as derivatizing reagent. Elution is carried out from the column HP-5 (30 mx0.32 mm i.d...
- Method development and validation for the simultaneous determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride, paracetamol, and phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride in tablets by capillary zone electrophoresisS Azhagvuel
Analytical Chemistry Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500007, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:873-8. 2007..the simultaneous separation and determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride (CTZ), paracetamol (PARA), and phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride (PPA) in tablets. A 10 mM sodium tetraborate background electrolyte (BGE) solution (pH 9...
- Health-related quality of life of patients receiving extended-release tolterodine for overactive bladderCon J Kelleher
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Am J Manag Care 8:S608-15. 2002..To compare the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of overactive bladder (OAB) patients foilowing treatment with tolterodine extended-release (ER) 4 mg once daily versus placebo...
- Transient memory impairment and hallucinations associated with tolterodine useJack W Tsao
N Engl J Med 349:2274-5. 2003
- Long-term health-related quality of life of patients receiving extended-release tolterodine for overactive bladderCon J Kelleher
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Am J Manag Care 8:S616-30. 2002..To evaluate the long-term effects of tolterodine on the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder with incontinence...
- Treatment of overactive bladder with once-daily extended-release tolterodine or oxybutynin: the antimuscarinic clinical effectiveness trial (ACET)David Sussman
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford 08084, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 18:177-84. 2002..In conclusion, the greater efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine ER 4 mg suggests improved clinical effectiveness compared with oxybutynin ER 10 mg...
- Clinical efficacy and tolerability of extended-release tolterodine and immediate-release oxybutynin in Japanese and Korean patients with an overactive bladder: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialY Homma
Department of Urology, Tokyo University, Tokyo, Japan
BJU Int 92:741-7. 2003..To compare extended-release (ER) tolterodine and immediate-release (IR) oxybutynin with placebo in Japanese and Korean patients with an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Reduced perception of urgency in treatment of overactive bladder with extended-release tolterodineRobert Freeman
Urogynaecology Unit, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 102:605-11. 2003..To evaluate the effect of once-daily, extended-release tolterodine on urinary urgency in patients with overactive bladder...
- Prospective, randomized, double-blind study of the efficacy and tolerability of the extended-release formulations of oxybutynin and tolterodine for overactive bladder: results of the OPERA trialAnanias C Diokno
Department of Urology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Mich 48073, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:687-95. 2003..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of extended-release formulations of oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate in women with overactive bladder...
- Tolterodine and memory: dry but forgetfulKyle B Womack
Department of Neurology, University of Florida College of Medicine, and the Neurology Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, USA
Arch Neurol 60:771-3. 2003..Anticholinergic drugs are known to produce or enhance cognitive deficits. Tolterodine tartrate is marketed as a bladder-selective anticholinergic drug that is reported to be free of significant cognitive adverse effects...
- Comparative efficacy and safety of transdermal oxybutynin and oral tolterodine versus placebo in previously treated patients with urge and mixed urinary incontinenceRoger R Dmochowski
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Urology 62:237-42. 2003..To compare the efficacy and safety of an oxybutynin transdermal delivery system (OXY-TDS) and oral, long-acting tolterodine (TOL-LA) with placebo in previously treated patients with urge or mixed urinary incontinence...
- Treatment of urge-predominant mixed urinary incontinence with tolterodine extended release: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialVik Khullar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Urology 64:269-74; discussion 274-5. 2004..To examine the efficacy and tolerability of antimuscarinic therapy in women with urge-predominant mixed incontinence...
- Nighttime dosing with tolterodine reduces overactive bladder-related nocturnal micturitions in patients with overactive bladder and nocturiaRaymond Rackley
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 67:731-6; discussion 736. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of nighttime tolterodine dosing on urgency-related micturitions in patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and nocturia...
- Randomized comparison of tolterodine with vaginal estrogen cream versus tolterodine alone for the treatment of postmenopausal women with overactive bladder syndromeLing Hong Tseng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University of Chang Gung School of Medicine, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Neurourol Urodyn 28:47-51. 2009..To investigate whether vaginal estrogen cream combined with tolterodine is more effective than tolterodine alone in the treatment of postmenopausal women with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Tolterodine extended release improves patient-reported outcomes in overactive bladder: results from the IMPACT trialR Roberts
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, USA
Int J Clin Pract 60:752-8. 2006..Physicians reported that 68% of patients were 'much improved' or 'very much improved'. For symptom-defined conditions, patient-reported outcomes are a valuable means for determining responses to treatment...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of tolterodine compared to oxybutynin and placebo in patients with overactive bladderH P Drutz
University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 10:283-9. 1999..Tolterodine has equivalent efficacy to oxybutynin, but with less severe adverse effects. This will allow patients to receive more effective treatment for their condition, with better compliance...
- Tolterodine and tamsulosin for treatment of men with lower urinary tract symptoms and overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trialSteven A Kaplan
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
JAMA 296:2319-28. 2006..Men with overactive bladder and other lower urinary tract symptoms may not respond to monotherapy with antimuscarinic agents or alpha-receptor antagonists...
- Phenylpropanolamine contained in cold remedies and risk of hemorrhagic strokeB W Yoon
Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, 110 744, Republic of Korea
Neurology 68:146-9. 2007In this study, we sought to elucidate whether phenylpropanolamine (PPA) in cold remedies (small and divided doses) increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke (HS)...
- Evaluation of the potential for pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic drug interactions between selegiline transdermal system and two sympathomimetic agents (pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine) in healthy volunteersAlbert J Azzaro
Somerset Pharmaceuticals, Inc
J Clin Pharmacol 47:978-90. 2007..for drug-drug interactions during treatment with selegiline transdermal system and pseudoephedrine or phenylpropanolamine. Two studies were conducted with 25 healthy volunteers to assess changes in blood pressure and heart rate ..
- Urinary incontinence at orgasm: relation to detrusor overactivity and treatment efficacyMaurizio Serati
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Piazza Biroldi 1, Varese, Italy
Eur Urol 54:911-5. 2008..To understand the pathophysiological mechanism of incontinence during orgasm and to compare women affected by symptomatic detrusor overactivity (DO) with and without incontinence at orgasm in terms of efficacy of antimuscarinic treatment...
- A comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of solifenacin succinate and extended release tolterodine at treating overactive bladder syndrome: results of the STAR trialC R Chapple
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Urology Research, South Yorkshire, UK
Eur Urol 48:464-70. 2005..To compare two new generation antimuscarinics at their recommended doses for treatment of overactive bladder syndrome (OAB)...
- Tolterodine once-daily: superior efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of the overactive bladderP Van Kerrebroeck
Department of Urology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Urology 57:414-21. 2001..Tolterodine ER demonstrated an improved efficacy for reducing urge incontinence episodes and a lower frequency of dry mouth compared with the existing IR twice-daily formulation...
- Health-related quality of life of Japanese patients with overactive bladder treated with extended-release tolterodine or immediate-release oxybutynin: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialY Homma
Department of Urology, Tokyo University Hospital, 7 3 1 Hongo Bunkyo ku, 113 8655 Tokyo, Japan
World J Urol 22:251-6. 2004..Our findings demonstrate that Japanese OAB patients receiving tolterodine ER or oxybutynin experienced overall improvement in their quality of life...
- Tolterodine: a safe and effective treatment for older patients with overactive bladderJ G Malone-Lee
Department of Medicine, Whittington Hospital, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, Great Britain
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:700-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Tolterodine (taken for 4 weeks) is safe and shows efficacy, particularly at a dosage of 2 mg bid, in the treatment of older patients with urinary symptoms attributable to overactive bladder...
- Validation of the urgency perception scaleLinda Cardozo
Urogynaecology, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 95:591-6. 2005..To ascertain the validity and responsiveness of the Urgency Perception Scale (UPS) as an indicator of perceived urinary urgency...
- Antimuscarinic agents exhibit local inhibitory effects on muscarinic receptors in bladder-afferent pathwaysYongTae Kim
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 65:238-42. 2005..To investigate the potential of antimuscarinic agents for sensory mechanisms in overactive bladder using intravesical instillation...
- Prospective randomized controlled trial of extended-release oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate in the treatment of overactive bladder: results of the OBJECT StudyR A Appell
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:358-63. 2001..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of extended-release oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate at 12 weeks in participants with overactive bladder...
- Comparison of symptom severity and treatment response in patients with incontinent and continent overactive bladderMartin C Michel
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 48:110-5. 2005..Therefore, we have explored baseline symptoms and treatment responses to tolterodine in continent relative to incontinent OAB patients...
- Relationships between improvements in symptoms and patient assessments of bladder condition, symptom bother and health-related quality of life in patients with overactive bladder treated with tolterodineK S Coyne
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Int J Clin Pract 62:925-31. 2008..Relationships were evaluated between treatment-related improvements in overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms as recorded in bladder diaries and patient-reported symptom bother, bladder-related problems and health-related quality of life (HRQL)...
- Conductimetric determination of phenylpropanolamine HCl, ranitidine HCl, hyoscyamine HBr and betaine HCl in their pure state and pharmaceutical preparationsYousry M Issa
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Farmaco 60:541-6. 2005..tetraphenylborate and phosphotungstic acid were used as titrants for the conductimetric determination of phenylpropanolamine HCl (PPA.Cl), ranitidine HCl (Ra.Cl), hyoscyamine HBr (Hy.Br) and betaine HCl (Be...
- Simplified bladder training augments the effectiveness of tolterodine in patients with an overactive bladderA Mattiasson
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
BJU Int 91:54-60. 2003..To compare the efficacy of tolterodine plus simplified bladder training (BT) with tolterodine alone in patients with an overactive bladder...
- Phenylpropanolamine appears not to promote weight loss in patients with schizophrenia who have gained weight during clozapine treatmentMary C Borovicka
Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Ohio 44141, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:345-8. 2002..We proposed that concomitant treatment with an appetite suppressant such as phenylpropanolamine (PPA) would lead to a decrease in appetite and therefore loss of weight.
- Overactive bladder: improving the efficacy of anticholinergics by dose escalationScott A MacDiarmid
Department of Urology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Curr Urol Rep 4:446-51. 2003..This paper critically evaluates the pros and cons of dose escalation in the hope to improve efficacy in patients with OAB...
- Influence of CYP2D6 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic of tolterodineN Brynne
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacia and Upjohn AB, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 63:529-39. 1998....
- Safety and efficacy of terfenadine/pseudoephedrine versus clemastine/phenylpropanolamine in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisA T Segal
Allergy Associates Research, Dallas, Texas
Ann Allergy 70:389-94. 1993..34 mg (immediate-release)/phenylpropanolamine, 75 mg (sustained-release) (C/Ph) in a combination tablet b.i.d...
- The responsiveness of the Overactive Bladder Questionnaire (OAB-q)Karin S Coyne
MEDTAP International, Inc, Center for Health Outcomes Research, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Qual Life Res 14:849-55. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the responsiveness of the Overactive Bladder questionnaire (OAB-q) during anti-muscarinic treatment...
- Fatal pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with phenylpropanolamine exposureR J Barst
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Heart 90:e42. 2004..increased risk for the development of PAH with exposure to over-the-counter antiobesity agents containing phenylpropanolamine. The first case is reported of fatal PAH in a child heavily treated with cold remedies containing ..
- Clinical efficacy of tolterodine with or without a simplified pelvic floor exercise regimenR J Millard
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Neurourol Urodyn 23:48-53. 2004....
- Cerebral infarcts in a pediatric patient secondary to phenylpropanolamine, a recalled medicationNicole M Delorio
Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Emerg Med 26:305-7. 2004b>Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) recently has been publicly implicated as a cause of stroke and other neurologic events...
- Tolterodine treatment for children with symptoms of urinary urge incontinence suggestive of detrusor overactivity: results from 2 randomized, placebo controlled trialsRien J M Nijman
Department of Urology, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Urol 173:1334-9. 2005....
- Tolterodine for the treatment of daytime incontinence in childrenSaul P Greenfield
J Urol 173:1064. 2005
- [Therapy of bladder weakness]F M Wagenlehner
Klinikum St Elisabeth, Straubing, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:118. 2005
- Comparison of the efficacy of tolterodine and oxybutynin in different urodynamic severity grades of idiopathic detrusor overactivityK Giannitsas
Departments of Urology and Medical Physics, Patras University, Patras, Greece
Eur Urol 46:776-82; discussion 782-3. 2004..To compare the efficacy of tolterodine and oxybutynin in the treatment of specific, according to their urodynamic grade of severity, populations with overactive detrusor...
- Elevating our therapeutic expectations in overactive bladderPeter K Sand
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Evanston, Illinois, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 16:8-11. 2004..Both show significantly better efficacy compared with placebo for key symptoms of OAB, including urgency. The incidence of dry mouth at the lowest effective dose is 19% for darifenacin and 8% and 14% for solifenacin (2 studies)...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of extended-release formulations of oxybutynin and tolterodine for the management of urge incontinenceDyfrig A Hughes
Centre for the Economics of Health, IMSCaR, University of Wales, Bangor, Wales
Pharmacoeconomics 22:1047-59. 2004..This study compared the cost effectiveness of oxybutynin extended-release (Oxy-XL), tolterodine extended-release (Tol-ER), tolterodine immediate-release (Tol-IR) and oxybutynin immediate-release (Oxy-IR)...
- Tolterodine extended release is efficacious in continent and incontinent subjects with overactive bladderEric S Rovner
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, CSB 644, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Urology 72:488-93. 2008..To assess efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine extended release (ER) in continent and incontinent subjects with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Efficacy and safety of tolterodine in people with neurogenic detrusor overactivityKaren D Ethans
Section of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Spinal Cord Med 27:214-8. 2004..To compare tolterodine with oxybutynin and placebo in people with neurogenic detrusor overactivity...
- Bladder-health diaries: an assessment of 3-day vs 7-day entriesRoger R Dmochowski
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2201 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
BJU Int 96:1049-54. 2005..To assess the reliability of symptom reports in 3-day vs 7-day bladder diaries used in clinical trials of patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and to compare those results and related issues with previous reports...
- Effects on sleep of anticholinergics used for overactive bladder treatment in healthy volunteers aged > or = 50 yearsKonstanze Diefenbach
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
BJU Int 95:346-9. 2005..To study the influence of oxybutynin, tolterodine or trospium chloride, anticholinergics used to treat bladder overactivity, on sleep and the cognitive skills of healthy volunteers aged > or = 50 years...
- Canadian economic comparison of extended-release oxybutynin and immediate-release tolterodine in the treatment of overactive bladderDenis Getsios
Caro Research Institute, Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clin Ther 26:431-8. 2004..It affects a considerable segment of the population, particularly with increasing age. Pharmacotherapy is one of the most common approaches to the treatment of OAB...
- Ocular side-effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin, a single-blind prospective randomized trialR Altan-Yaycioglu
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:588-92. 2005..To evaluate the effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin on visual accommodation, pupillary diameter, intraocular pressure and tear secretion in women with overactive bladder...
- Treatment of urge-predominant mixed urinary incontinence with tolterodine extended release: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialAlan J Wein
J Urol 173:2056-7. 2005
- Comparison of the effectiveness and side-effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin in children with detrusor instabilityNizamettin Kilic
The Medical Faculty of Uludag University, Department of Paediatric Surgery, Bursa, Turkey
Int J Urol 13:105-8. 2006..The aim of this study is to assess the effectiveness and tolerability of tolterodine and oxybutynin in children with DI...
- The emergence of new drugs for overactive bladderRebecca J McCrery
Division of Voiding Dysfunction and Female Urology, Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 11:125-36. 2006..Standard therapy is directed towards modifying the detrusor motor sensitivity and response via anticholinergic medication. Currently available medications are reviewed and alternative targets for treatment are presented...
- Intravesical instillation of human urine after oral administration of trospium, tolterodine and oxybutynin in a rat model of detrusor overactivityYongTae Kim
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
BJU Int 97:400-3. 2006..To study the effects of antimuscarinics excreted into human urine on normal bladder in a rat model of detrusor overactivity...
- Ocular side-effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin, a single-blind prospective randomized trialDexter Y L Leung
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:668; author reply 669. 2005
- Effective treatment of neurogenic detrusor dysfunction by combined high-dosed antimuscarinics without increased side-effectsBastian Amend
Department of Urology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Eur Urol 53:1021-8. 2008..With the objectives of continence and normalised bladder pressure, safe and tolerable non-invasive treatment alternatives were evaluated by using combined antimuscarinics...
- Treatment of overactive bladder: a model comparing extended-release formulations of tolterodine and oxybutyninEleanor M Perfetto
The Weinberg Group Inc, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S150-7. 2005....
- Economic impact of extended-release tolterodine versus immediate- and extended-release oxybutynin among commercially insured persons with overactive bladderSujata Varadharajan
Pfizer Inc, New York, New York, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S140-9. 2005....
- Medical costs after initiation of drug treatment for overactive bladder: effects of selection bias on cost estimatesNicole M Nitz
Ingenix Company, Health Economics and Outcomes Group, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S130-9. 2005....
- Comparison of dry mouth in women treated with extended-release formulations of oxybutynin or tolterodine for overactive bladderRobert B Armstrong
Clinical Affairs, Ortho McNeil Pharma ceutical, Inc, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 37:247-52. 2005..380). The results of this analysis showed that dry mouth was common with both treatments, but most events were mild; there was no difference in the rate of severe dry mouth or in the rate of withdrawal due to dry mouth...
- Persistence and adherence of medications for chronic overactive bladder/urinary incontinence in the california medicaid programYanni F Yu
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Value Health 8:495-505. 2005..To investigate persistence and adherence of medication treatment in chronic overactive bladder/urinary incontinence (OAB/UI) patients, and to evaluate OAB/UI-related comorbidity events associated with persistence...
- Efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine extended-release in men with overactive bladder and urgency urinary incontinenceClaus G Roehrborn
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 911, USA
BJU Int 97:1003-6. 2006..They found that it significantly reduced incontinent episodes and improved patient perception of treatment benefit in men with an overactive bladder..
- Assessment and management of urinary incontinenceMikel Gray
University of Virginia Department of Urology and School of Nursing, USA
Nurse Pract 30:32-3, 36-43; quiz 43-5. 2005
- ABUSE LIABILITY OF DRUG ADJUNCTS FOR COCAINE WITHDRAWLFrank Holloway; Fiscal Year: 1992..g., caffeine (CAF), ephedrine (EPH), and phenylpropanolamine (PPA))...
- METHAMPHETAMINE-POTENTIATED HEPATOTOXICITYStephen Roberts; Fiscal Year: 1993..Other preliminary studies with another stimulant sympathomimetic amine, phenylpropanolamine, indicate that this potentiation phenomenon may be due to alpha2-adrenergic receptor stimulation...
- STRESS AND RESPONSES TO PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE & CAFFEINESHERYLE GALLANT; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) is a sympathomimetic drug and the major ingredient in nonprescription diet medications...
- THE EFFECTS OF MODAFINIL ON FOOD INTAKE IN HUMANSAngela Makris; Fiscal Year: 2001..These effects will be compared with those of phenylpropanolamine, an adrenergic anorectic agent with limited abuse liability, and d-amphetamine, an adrenergic anorectic ..
- Urodynamic and Multiethnic Variability of Men Treated b*Steven Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Baseline urodynamic parameters which may predict improved outcome after MIST 3. The success of various types of MIST in treating BPH in African - American, Hispanic and Caucasian men. ..
- Pelvic Floor Changes Before and After BirthREBECCA GLENN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will provide fundamental data to guide future decisions about labor interventions to prevent PF changes as well as data-based decisions regarding maternal request cesarean. ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The MIST Study Group will be a blueprint for a technology assessment group applicable to other areas of urology and other medical or surgical subspecialties. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Karl Kreder; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Iowa Pelvic Floor Disorders Clinical Trials NetworkKarl Kreder; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ANORECTAL MANIFESTATIONS OF FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of Fecal IncontinenceAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Beaumont Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkKenneth Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Adverse events and complications will be monitored. Ancillary studies as agreed upon by the ICCRN will be carried out in conjunction with the clinical trial. ..
- mGluR-Homer interactions in excessive drinkingKAREN SZUMLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment of Persistent Postprostatectomy IncontinencePatricia Goode; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Trial Development in Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndr*Daniel Shoskes; Fiscal Year: 2007..As an example of a potential clinical trial, a study of water induced thermotherapy is outlined. ..
- Bupropion SR as an Anti-Craving Anti-Obesity AgentKristine Steffen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Longer term implications for the results of this study include the potential investigation of this agent as a therapeutic intervention for conditions such as obesity and binge eating disorder. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research NetworkMichel Pontari; Fiscal Year: 2007..Issues in developing a clinically relevant definition of urologic chronic pelvic pain syndromes are discussed. ..
- Louisiana Clinical and Translational Science Center Planning PhaseDonna Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to activities serving Louisiana, the LA CaTS Center will serve as an incubator to foster the development of innovative tools and information technologies that can benefit the field. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NITRIC OXIDE REGULATORY SYSTEM IN THE PENISArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COMBINED EPHEDRINE/CAFFEINE SUPPLEMENTSChristine Haller; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective for the proposed studies is to develop Dr. Haller into an independent career clinical researcher in this field of study. ..
- INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS TREATMENT PROTOCOLSAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2003..C. patients across a large geographical area. This group's constant interaction creates a solid professional alignment that benefits patients from near and far. ..
- DIETARY OBESITYGeorge Bray; Fiscal Year: 2007..We now propose these well founded, important and exciting studies which will provide critical new insights into anatomical, physiological and molecular mechanisms by which high levels of dietary fat induce obesity. ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Homer proteins, glutamate and alcoholismKAREN SZUMLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of NK-Kb signaling pathway--Intestitial CystitsRaymond Rackley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research NetworkRodney Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Sensory Testing in Subjects with Interstitial CystitisMary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Bladder Smooth Muscle HyperplasiaPaul Austin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Work of this nature may decrease the morbidity and mortality that is caused by bladder outlet obstruction. ..
- PHYSICIAN AND SCIENTIST TRAINING IN UROLOGICAL RESEARCHAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2007..Funding is sought for two years of support for three trainees annually. ..
- TRAINING IN UROLOGYAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2003..At each step the trainees will be advised by experienced investigators. It is expected that in return the clinician's will offer to the laboratory insight into the fundamental clinical problems facing the specialty of urology. ..
- BOTULINUM TOXIN THERAPY FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/CHRON*Mary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..