Genomes and Genes
Summary: AMINO ALCOHOLS containing the ETHANOLAMINE; (-NH2CH2CHOH) group and its derivatives.
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Improved diagnostic testing and malaria treatment practices in ZambiaDavidson H Hamer
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02118, USA
JAMA 297:2227-31. 2007....
- Efficacy of a new once-daily long-acting inhaled beta2-agonist indacaterol versus twice-daily formoterol in COPDRonald Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Thorax 65:473-9. 2010..In previous studies, indacaterol provided 24 h bronchodilation on once-daily dosing with a fast onset of action. This study compared the efficacy and safety of indacaterol with the twice-daily LABA formoterol and placebo over 1 year...
- The nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha mediates the anti-inflammatory actions of palmitoylethanolamideJesse Lo Verme
Department of Pharmacology, 360 MSRII, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4625, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:15-9. 2005..These findings indicate that PPAR-alpha mediates the anti-inflammatory effects of PEA and suggest that this fatty-acid ethanolamide may serve, like its analog OEA, as an endogenous ligand of PPAR-alpha...
- Piloting the global subsidy: the impact of subsidized artemisinin-based combination therapies distributed through private drug shops in rural TanzaniaOliver J Sabot
Malaria Control Team, Clinton Foundation HIV AIDS Initiative, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6857. 2009..To overcome this challenge, a global ACT subsidy has been proposed. We tested this proposal through a pilot program in rural Tanzania...
- Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine and artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated malaria in African children: a randomised, non-inferiority trialQuique Bassat
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e7871. 2009..Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine (DHA-PQP) is a promising fixed-dose ACT with limited information on its safety and efficacy in African children...
- Effects of palmitoylethanolamide on signaling pathways implicated in the development of spinal cord injuryTiziana Genovese
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, Messina, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:12-23. 2008..Together, the results indicate that PEA reduces inflammation and tissue injury associated with SCI and suggest a regulatory role for endogenous PPAR-alpha signaling in the inflammatory response associated with spinal cord trauma...
- Effect of malaria rapid diagnostic tests on the management of uncomplicated malaria with artemether-lumefantrine in Kenya: a cluster randomized trialJacek Skarbinski
Malaria Branch, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:919-26. 2009..30). RDTs could potentially improve malaria case management, but we urgently need to develop more effective strategies for implementing guidelines before large scale implementation...
- Artemether-lumefantrine versus dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine for falciparum malaria: a longitudinal, randomized trial in young Ugandan childrenEmmanuel Arinaitwe
Makerere University University of California San Francisco Research Collaboration, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1629-37. 2009..However, which therapies are optimal is a matter of debate. We aimed to compare the short- and longer-term efficacy of 2 leading therapies in a cohort of young Ugandan children...
- In vivo selection of Plasmodium falciparum parasites carrying the chloroquine-susceptible pfcrt K76 allele after treatment with artemether-lumefantrine in AfricaChristin Sisowath
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Infect Dis 199:750-7. 2009..Identification of drug-specific parasite determinants that contribute to treatment failures will provide important tools for the detection and surveillance of AL resistance...
- In vitro activities of piperaquine, lumefantrine, and dihydroartemisinin in Kenyan Plasmodium falciparum isolates and polymorphisms in pfcrt and pfmdr1Leah Mwai
Kenya Medical Research Institute KEMRI Wellcome Trust Collaborative Research Program, Kilifi, Kenya
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5069-73. 2009..Therefore, the use of LM-artemether is likely to lead to the selection of more CQ-susceptible parasites...
- In vivo selection of Plasmodium falciparum pfmdr1 86N coding alleles by artemether-lumefantrine (Coartem)Christin Sisowath
Malaria Research Laboratory, Unit of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Infect Dis 191:1014-7. 2005..This points to 86N as a potential marker of lumefantrine resistance in vivo, while suggesting that Coartem is not robust enough to avoid selection of resistance-associated mutations in some malarial settings...
- Decreasing pfmdr1 copy number in plasmodium falciparum malaria heightens susceptibility to mefloquine, lumefantrine, halofantrine, quinine, and artemisininAmar bir Singh Sidhu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Infect Dis 194:528-35. 2006..These results highlight the importance of pfmdr1 copy number in determining P. falciparum susceptibility to multiple agents currently being used to combat malaria caused by multidrug-resistant parasites...
- Malaria case-management following change of policy to universal parasitological diagnosis and targeted artemisinin-based combination therapy in KenyaAndrew Nyandigisi
Division of Malaria Control, Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e24781. 2011..We evaluated changes in health systems and case-management indicators between the baseline survey undertaken before implementation of the policy and the follow-up survey following the first year of the implementation activities...
- Malaria drug shortages in Kenya: a major failure to provide access to effective treatmentBeth B Kangwana
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Programme Nairobi, Kenya
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:737-8. 2009..The shortage was in large part caused by a delayed procurement process. National ministries of health and the international community must address the current shortcomings facing antimalarial drug supply to the public sector...
- SMS for Life: a pilot project to improve anti-malarial drug supply management in rural Tanzania using standard technologyJim Barrington
SMS for Life Program Director, Forum 1 P 94, Novartis Campus, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Malar J 9:298. 2010..Lack of visibility of anti-malarial stock levels at the health facility level is an important contributor to this problem...
- Declining responsiveness of Plasmodium falciparum infections to artemisinin-based combination treatments on the Kenyan coastSteffen Borrmann
Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kilifi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e26005. 2011..The emergence of artemisinin-resistant P. falciparum malaria in South-East Asia highlights the need for continued global surveillance of the efficacy of artemisinin-based combination therapies...
- Formoterol mono- and combination therapy with tiotropium in patients with COPD: a 6-month studyClaus Vogelmeier
Klinik für Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Standort Marburg Baldingerstrasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Respir Med 102:1511-20. 2008..Combined bronchodilator therapy may be a valuable treatment option for patients with COPD...
- Adherence to treatment with artemether-lumefantrine for uncomplicated malaria in rural MalawiKimberly E Mace
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:772-9. 2011..Because of concerns about the complex dosing schedule, we assessed patient adherence to AL 2 years after routine implementation...
- Changes in health workers' malaria diagnosis and treatment practices in KenyaElizabeth Juma
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme, PO Box 43640, 00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 10:1. 2011..Three years after the policy implementation, health workers' adherence to malaria diagnosis and treatment recommendations was evaluated...
- Population pharmacokinetics of lumefantrine in pregnant women treated with artemether-lumefantrine for uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malariaJoel Tarning
Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3837-46. 2009..In conclusion, altered pharmacokinetic properties of lumefantrine contribute to the high rates of failure of artemether-lumefantrine treatment in later pregnancy. Dose optimization is urgently needed...
- Comparison of tiotropium once daily, formoterol twice daily and both combined once daily in patients with COPDJ A Van Noord
Dept of Respiratory Diseases, Atrium Medisch Centrum, Henri Dunantstraat 5, 6419 PC Heerlen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 26:214-22. 2005..i.d. A combination of both drugs q.d. was most effective and provided an additive effect throughout the 24-h dosing interval...
- Selective N-acylethanolamine-hydrolyzing acid amidase inhibition reveals a key role for endogenous palmitoylethanolamide in inflammationCarlos Solorzano
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4624, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20966-71. 2009..The PEA-hydrolyzing amidase NAAA may provide a previously undescribed target for antiinflammatory medicines...
- Efficacy and safety of a fixed-dose oral combination of pyronaridine-artesunate compared with artemether-lumefantrine in children and adults with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a randomised non-inferiority trialAntoinette K Tshefu
Ecole de Santé Publique, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lancet 375:1457-67. 2010..We compared the efficacy and safety of pyronaridine-artesunate with that of artemether-lumefantrine for treatment of uncomplicated P falciparum malaria...
- Quality of malaria case management at outpatient health facilities in AngolaAlexander K Rowe
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Malar J 8:275. 2009..Implementation was complicated by a policy that was sometimes ambiguous...
- Inhibition of nitric oxide production in RAW264.7 macrophages by cannabinoids and palmitoylethanolamideR A Ross
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, AB25 2ZD, Scotland, Aberdeen, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 401:121-30. 2000..In contrast, the inhibition by palmitoylethanolamide does not appear to be mediated by cannabinoid receptors...
- Effects of tiotropium with and without formoterol on airflow obstruction and resting hyperinflation in patients with COPDJan A van Noord
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Atrium Medisch Centrum, Henri Dunantstraat 5, 6419 PC Heerlen, The Netherlands
Chest 129:509-17. 2006..The combination of short-acting beta(2)-agonists and anticholinergics in the treatment of COPD has been well documented, but data on combination of long-acting agents are lacking...
- Effectiveness of quinine versus artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Ugandan children: randomised trialJane Achan
Makerere University School of Health Sciences, PO Box 7475, Kampala, Uganda
BMJ 339:b2763. 2009..To compare the effectiveness of oral quinine with that of artemether-lumefantrine in treating uncomplicated malaria in children...
- Effects of palmitoylethanolamide on release of mast cell peptidases and neurotrophic factors after spinal cord injuryEmanuela Esposito
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Brain Behav Immun 25:1099-112. 2011....
- Efficacy and safety of artemether-lumefantrine compared with quinine in pregnant women with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria: an open-label, randomised, non-inferiority trialPatrice Piola
Epicentre, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 10:762-9. 2010..We aimed to assess whether artemether-lumefantrine was at least as efficacious as oral quinine for the treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malaria during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy in Mbarara, Uganda...
- Adherence to a six-dose regimen of artemether-lumefantrine for treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in UgandaCarole Fogg
Epicentre, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 71:525-30. 2004..The high adherence to artemether-lumefantrine found in our study suggest that this drug is likely to be very effective in Mbarara provided that patients receive clear dosage explanations...
- Deploying artemether-lumefantrine with rapid testing in Ethiopian communities: impact on malaria morbidity, mortality and healthcare resourcesHailemariam Lemma
Tigray Health Bureau, Mekelle, Ethiopia
Trop Med Int Health 15:241-50. 2010....
- Impact of the large-scale deployment of artemether/lumefantrine on the malaria disease burden in Africa: case studies of South Africa, Zambia and EthiopiaKaren I Barnes
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences, Anzio Road, Observatory, 7925, South Africa
Malar J 8:S8. 2009..Artemisinin-based combination therapy has made a substantial contribution to reducing the burden of malaria in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Adherence to and acceptability of artemether-lumefantrine as first-line anti-malarial treatment: evidence from a rural community in TanzaniaAbdunoor M Kabanywanyi
Ifakara Health Institute, P, O, Box 78373, Kiko Avenue, Old Bagamoyo Road, Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Malar J 9:48. 2010..Controlled clinical trials have shown that a six-dose regimen of artemether-lumefantrine (AL) therapy for uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria results in cure rates >95% with good tolerability...
- Pfmdr1 copy number and arteminisin derivatives combination therapy failure in falciparum malaria in CambodiaPharath Lim
Institut Pasteur in Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Malar J 8:11. 2009....
- The endogenous fatty acid amide, palmitoylethanolamide, has anti-allodynic and anti-hyperalgesic effects in a murine model of neuropathic pain: involvement of CB(1), TRPV1 and PPARgamma receptors and neurotrophic factorsBarbara Costa
Department of Biotechnology and Bioscience, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
Pain 139:541-50. 2008..The findings presented here, in addition to prove the beneficial effects of PEA in chronic pain, identify new potential targets for analgesic medicine...
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide/formoterol in one hydrofluoroalkane pressurized metered-dose inhaler in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from a 1-year randomized controlled clinical trialStephen I Rennard
Pulmonary Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5885, USA
Drugs 69:549-65. 2009....
- A trial of combination antimalarial therapies in children from Papua New GuineaHarin A Karunajeewa
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
N Engl J Med 359:2545-57. 2008..Malaria control is difficult where there is intense year-round transmission of multiple plasmodium species, such as in Papua New Guinea...
- Population pharmacokinetics of artemether, lumefantrine, and their respective metabolites in Papua New Guinean children with uncomplicated malariaSam Salman
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5306-13. 2011....
- Increased pfmdr1 copy number and sequence polymorphisms in Plasmodium falciparum isolates from Sudanese malaria patients treated with artemether-lumefantrineNahla B Gadalla
Department of Epidemiology, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, National Centre for Research, Khartoum, Sudan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5408-11. 2011..One individual carried parasites with a novel pfmdr1 polymorphism (F1044L). pfmdr1 gene amplification in parasites prior to treatment occurred in three individuals who had recurrent infection during follow-up...
- Novel polymorphisms in Plasmodium falciparum ABC transporter genes are associated with major ACT antimalarial drug resistanceMaria Isabel Veiga
Malaria Research Lab, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e20212. 2011..Our work unveils new candidate markers of P. falciparum multidrug resistance in vitro, while contributing to the understanding of subjacent genetic complexity, essential for future evidence-based drug policy decisions...
- Community case management of fever due to malaria and pneumonia in children under five in Zambia: a cluster randomized controlled trialKojo Yeboah-Antwi
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 7:e1000340. 2010..This study was designed to assess the effectiveness and feasibility of using CHWs to manage nonsevere pneumonia and uncomplicated malaria with the aid of rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs)...
- Population pharmacokinetics and therapeutic response of CGP 56697 (artemether + benflumetol) in malaria patientsF Ezzet
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 46:553-61. 1998..While the 4 x 4 dose regimen is very effective in most endemic areas, the poorer absorption (2.5 fold lower than in China) and the more resistant parasites in Thailand require higher doses of this drug...
- Adherence to prescribed artemisinin-based combination therapy in Garissa and Bunyala districts, KenyaHarriet Lawford
The MENTOR Initiative, La Prade, 11150, Villasavary, France
Malar J 10:281. 2011..This study reports adherence to a specific ACT, artemether-lumefantrine (AL), under conditions of routine clinical practice in Kenya...
- Anticancer effects of synthetic phosphoethanolamine on Ehrlich ascites tumor: an experimental studyAdilson Kleber Ferreira
Biochemistry and Biophysical Laboratory, Butantan Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Anticancer Res 32:95-104. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the synthetic phosphoethanolamine (Pho-s) as a new anticancer agent...
- Population pharmacokinetics of Artemether and dihydroartemisinin in pregnant women with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in UgandaJoel Tarning
Centre for Tropical Medicine, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Malar J 11:293. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the population pharmacokinetic properties of artemether and its active metabolite dihydroartemisinin in pregnant women with uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria in Uganda...
- Palmitoylethanolamide protects dentate gyrus granule cells via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-αMarco Koch
Dr Senckenbergische Anatomie, Institut für Anatomie II, Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neurotox Res 19:330-40. 2011..In addition to classical endocannabinoids, PEA-mediated PPAR-alpha activation represents a possible target for therapeutic interventions to mitigate symptoms of secondary neuronal damage...
- Efficacy and effectiveness of artemether-lumefantrine after initial and repeated treatment in children <5 years of age with acute uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in rural Tanzania: a randomized trialBilly E Ngasala
Malaria Research, Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 52:873-82. 2011....
- The role of pfmdr1 in Plasmodium falciparum tolerance to artemether-lumefantrine in AfricaChristin Sisowath
Malaria Research Unit, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Trop Med Int Health 12:736-42. 2007..e. pfmdr1 gene amplification, pfmdr1 Y184F, S1034C, N1042D, D1246Y, pfcrt S163R and PfATP6 S769N...
- Nebivolol reduces nitroxidative stress and restores nitric oxide bioavailability in endothelium of black AmericansR Preston Mason
Elucida Research, Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 112:3795-801. 2005..The ability to pharmacologically reverse endothelial dysfunction in blacks was tested with nebivolol, a beta1-selective agent with vasodilating and antioxidant properties...
- Efficacy and safety of budesonide and formoterol in one pressurized metered-dose inhaler in patients with moderate to very severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results of a 6-month randomized clinical trialDonald P Tashkin
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Drugs 68:1975-2000. 2008..Budesonide/formoterol dry powder inhaler (DPI) has demonstrated efficacy and tolerability in patients with COPD...
- Effectiveness of artemether-lumefantrine provided by community health workers in under-five children with uncomplicated malaria in rural Tanzania: an open label prospective studyBilly E Ngasala
Malaria Research, Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Malar J 10:64. 2011....
- Amodiaquine and artemether-lumefantrine select distinct alleles of the Plasmodium falciparum mdr1 gene in Tanzanian children treated for uncomplicated malariaG S Humphreys
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:991-7. 2007..25; 95% confidence interval, 4.17 to 1441; P, <0.001). We conclude that AL and AQ exert opposite within-host selective effects on the Pfmdr1 gene of P. falciparum...
- The impact of retail-sector delivery of artemether-lumefantrine on malaria treatment of children under five in Kenya: a cluster randomized controlled trialBeth P Kangwana
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kenya
PLoS Med 8:e1000437. 2011..This study in western Kenya aimed to evaluate the impact of providing subsidized artemether-lumefantrine (AL) through retail providers on the coverage of prompt, effective antimalarial treatment for febrile children aged 3-59 months...
- Molecular characterization of N-acylethanolamine-hydrolyzing acid amidase, a novel member of the choloylglycine hydrolase family with structural and functional similarity to acid ceramidaseKazuhito Tsuboi
Department of Biochemistry, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:11082-92. 2005..These results demonstrated that NAAA is a novel N-acylethanolamine-hydrolyzing enzyme that shows structural and functional similarity to acid ceramidase...
- A randomized trial to monitor the efficacy and effectiveness by QT-NASBA of artemether-lumefantrine versus dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine for treatment and transmission control of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in western KenyaPetra F Mens
Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen KIT Royal Tropical Institute, KIT Biomedical Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Malar J 7:237. 2008....
- Selection of Plasmodium falciparum pfmdr1 alleles following therapy with artemether-lumefantrine in an area of Uganda where malaria is highly endemicChristian Dokomajilar
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, Box 0811, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1893-5. 2006..All samples had a single pfmdr1 copy. Treatment with artemether-lumefantrine selects for polymorphisms that may alter antimalarial drug response...
- Increased prevalence of the Plasmodium falciparum Pfmdr1 86N genotype among field isolates from Franceville, Gabon after replacement of chloroquine by artemether-lumefantrine and artesunate-mefloquineJean Bernard Lekana-Douki
Unité de Parasitologie Médicale UPARAM, Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville CIRMF, B P 769 Franceville, Gabon
Infect Genet Evol 11:512-7. 2011....
- Repeated treatment of recurrent uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Senegal with fixed-dose artesunate plus amodiaquine versus fixed-dose artemether plus lumefantrine: a randomized, open-label trialJean Louis A Ndiaye
Department of Medical Parasitology, Medical Faculty, Universite Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 10:237. 2011....
- Palmitoylethanolamide and other anandamide congeners. Proposed role in the diseased brainHarald S Hansen
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Neurol 224:48-55. 2010....
- Treatment of asymptomatic carriers with artemether-lumefantrine: an opportunity to reduce the burden of malaria?Bernhards Ogutu
Walter Reed Project Centre for Clinical Research Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 9:30. 2010..The potential of this intervention was considered by key scientists in the field at an Advisory Board meeting held in Basel, in April 2009. This article summarizes the discussions that took place among the participants...
- Multiple dose pharmacokinetics of artemether in Chinese patients with uncomplicated falciparum malariaM A van Agtmael
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Antimicrob Agents 12:151-8. 1999..We suggest that auto-induction of gut mucosa enzymes and/or liver enzymes causes a time-dependent increase in first-pass metabolisation of artemether...
- In vivo efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine against uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Central EthiopiaJimee Hwang
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:209. 2011..In Ethiopia, artemether-lumefantrine (AL) has been the first-line treatment for uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria since 2004...
- Differential effects of nebivolol and metoprolol on central aortic pressure and left ventricular wall thicknessPriit Kampus
Department of Cardiology, University of Tartu, 8 Puusepa St, Tartu 51014, Estonia
Hypertension 57:1122-8. 2011....
- Evaluation of recurrent parasitemia after artemether-lumefantrine treatment for uncomplicated malaria in children in western KenyaJoseph V Woodring
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:458-64. 2010..This underscores patient counseling on completing all treatment doses for optimal protection from RP...
- The pharmacodynamic effects of single inhaled doses of formoterol, tiotropium and their combination in patients with COPDMario Cazzola
Unit of Pneumology and Allergology, Department of Respiratory Medicine, A Cardarelli Hospital, Via del Parco Margherita 24, Naples 80121, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 17:35-9. 2004..Since tiotropium ensures prolonged bronchodilation, whereas formoterol adds fast onset and a greater peak effect, the two drugs appear complementary...
- Beta3-adrenoreceptor stimulation ameliorates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury via endothelial nitric oxide synthase and neuronal nitric oxide synthase activationJuan P Aragon
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:2683-91. 2011..This paper examined whether nebivolol protects the heart via nitric oxide (NO) synthase and NO-dependent signaling in an in vivo model of acute myocardial infarction...
- Effect of long-acting beta-agonists on the frequency of COPD exacerbations: a meta-analysisJ Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Clin Pharm Ther 37:204-11. 2012..However, the evidence that long-acting beta-agonists alone can reduce the rate of COPD exacerbations is not conclusive. This meta-analysis was performed to evaluate their effect on the frequency of exacerbations...
- Influence of dietary fatty acids on endocannabinoid and N-acylethanolamine levels in rat brain, liver and small intestineAndreas Artmann
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:200-12. 2008....
- Effect of single nucleotide polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 isoenzyme and N-acetyltransferase 2 genes on the metabolism of artemisinin-based combination therapies in malaria patients from Cambodia and TanzaniaEva Maria Staehli Hodel
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:950-8. 2013....
- Efficacy of indacaterol 75 μg versus fixed-dose combinations of formoterol-budesonide or salmeterol-fluticasone for COPD: a network meta-analysisShannon Cope
Mapi Consultancy, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:415-20. 2012....
- Pharmacokinetic study of artemether-lumefantrine given once daily for the treatment of uncomplicated multidrug-resistant falciparum malariaElizabeth A Ashley
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, Mae Sot, Thailand
Trop Med Int Health 12:201-8. 2007..If the fixed antimalarial drug combination artemether-lumefantrine (AL) could be given once daily, this should improve adherence and thus effectiveness and lower the risk of selecting for resistance...
- Efficacy and tolerability of artesunate-amodiaquine (Camoquin plus) versus artemether-lumefantrine (Coartem) against uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria: multisite trial in Senegal and Ivory CoastBabacar Faye
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie Médicale, Universite Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar Fann, Senegal
Trop Med Int Health 15:608-13. 2010....
- The effects of a pre-season treatment with effective antimalarials on subsequent malaria morbidity in under five-year-old children living in high and seasonal malaria transmission area of Burkina FasoAlphonse Ouedraogo
Centre National de Recherche et de Formation sur le Paludisme, Ministere de la Sante, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Groupe de Recherche Action en Santé, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Trop Med Int Health 15:1315-21. 2010..To evaluate the effects of pre-season treatment with single dose of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) or artemether-lumefantrine (AL) on subsequent malaria morbidity in under-fives...
- No hearing loss associated with the use of artemether-lumefantrine to treat experimental human malariaMatthew B B McCall
Department of Medical Microbiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:1098-104. 2006..Our results support the continued implementation of artemisinin derivatives in the fight against drug-resistant malaria...
- Artemisinin-based combinationsElizabeth A Ashley
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Curr Opin Infect Dis 18:531-6. 2005..Artemisinin-based combination treatments have been the mainstay of treatment for falciparum malaria in Southeast Asia for more than 10 years and are now increasingly recommended as first-line treatment throughout the rest of the world...
- Inhaled corticosteroids or long-acting beta-agonists alone or in fixed-dose combinations in asthma treatment: a systematic review of fluticasone/budesonide and formoterol/salmeterolChristian Frois
Analysis Group, Boston, Massachusetts 02199 7636, USA
Clin Ther 31:2779-803. 2009..Inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs) and long-acting inhaled beta(2)-agonists (LABAs) are recommended treatment options for asthma...
- Efficacy and safety characteristics of mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate fixed-dose combination in subjects with moderate to very severe COPD: findings from pooled analysis of two randomized, 52-week placebo-controlled trialsDonald P Tashkin
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:73-86. 2012....
- Concomitant treatment with nebulized formoterol and tiotropium in subjects with COPD: a placebo-controlled trialDonald P Tashkin
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Respir Med 102:479-87. 2008..2% vs. 1.5%). Nebulized formoterol fumarate in combination with tiotropium provided statistically and clinically significant improvements in bronchodilation and symptom control over tiotropium alone and demonstrated good tolerability...
- The search for the palmitoylethanolamide receptorJesse LoVerme
Center for Drug Discovery, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4260, USA
Life Sci 77:1685-98. 2005..Here we outline the history of PEA, starting with its initial discovery in the 1950s, and discuss the pharmacological properties of this compound, particularly in regards to its ability to activate PPAR-alpha...
- Effects of formoterol on contraction and Ca2+ signaling of mouse airway smooth muscle cellsPhilippe Delmotte
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:373-81. 2010..This action was quickly initiated at high concentrations by decreasing the frequency of Ca(2+) oscillations, but was more usually mediated at lower concentrations by decreasing the Ca(2+) sensitivity of the SMCs...
- Comparative efficacy of indacaterol 150 μg and 300 μg versus fixed-dose combinations of formoterol + budesonide or salmeterol + fluticasone for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease--a network meta-analysisShannon Cope
Mapi Values, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:329-44. 2011....
- Nebivolol prevents vascular NOS III uncoupling in experimental hyperlipidemia and inhibits NADPH oxidase activity in inflammatory cellsHanke Mollnau
Abteilung fur Kardiologie, Universitats Krankenhaus Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:615-21. 2003..With the present studies we sought to determine whether beta receptor blockade with nebivolol may improve endothelial function in hyperlipidemia and whether this is attributable to reductions in vascular oxidative stress...
- Functional characterization of 17 CYP2D6 allelic variants (CYP2D6.2, 10, 14A-B, 18, 27, 36, 39, 47-51, 53-55, and 57)Kanako Sakuyama
Department of Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 4 1 Komatsushima, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2460-7. 2008..51, CYP2D6.54, and CYP2D6.55), and high activity in one (CYP2D6.53) compared with the wild type. Analysis of CYP2D6 variant proteins can be useful for predicting CYP2D6 phenotypes and could be applied to personalized drug therapy...
- Budesonide/formoterol vs. salmeterol/fluticasone in COPD: a systematic review and adjusted indirect comparison of pneumonia in randomised controlled trialsD M G Halpin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter, UK
Int J Clin Pract 65:764-74. 2011....
- Bronchodilator responsiveness and onset of effect with budesonide/formoterol pMDI in COPDBartolome R Celli
Harvard University, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Respir Med 105:1176-88. 2011..We also evaluated the speed of onset of bronchodilation...
- Plasmodium falciparum population dynamics during the early phase of anti-malarial drug treatment in Tanzanian children with acute uncomplicated malariaAnja M Carlsson
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius väg 10, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Malar J 10:380. 2011..This study aimed to explore Plasmodium falciparum population dynamics during the early phase of anti-malarial drug treatment with artemisinin-based combination therapy in children with clinical malaria in a high transmission area in Africa...
- Combined corticosteroid and long-acting beta(2)-agonist in one inhaler versus long-acting beta(2)-agonists for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseLuis Javier Nannini
Pulmonary Section, Hospital E Peron, G Baigorria, Argentina
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD006829. 2012..This updated review compared compound LABA plus ICS therapy (LABA/ICS) with the LABA component drug given alone...
- N-acylethanolamine metabolism with special reference to N-acylethanolamine-hydrolyzing acid amidase (NAAA)Natsuo Ueda
Department of Biochemistry, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa, Japan
Prog Lipid Res 49:299-315. 2010..In this article we discuss recent progress in the studies on the enzymes involved in the biosynthesis and degradation of NAEs with special reference to NAAA...
- Implementation of Home based management of malaria in children reduces the work load for peripheral health facilities in a rural district of Burkina FasoAlfred B Tiono
Centre National de Recherche et de Formation sur Paludisme, Ministère de Santé, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa
Malar J 7:201. 2008..However, the potential fall-out of this community-based strategy on the work burden at the peripheral health facilities level has never been investigated...
- The use of artemether-lumefantrine for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium vivax malariaQuique Bassat
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clínic Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1325. 2011..vivax, and in co-endemic areas where AL is already used routinely against P. falciparum and parasitological differentiation is not routinely performed or only clinical diagnosis is used...
- 'Entourage' effects of N-acyl ethanolamines at human vanilloid receptors. Comparison of effects upon anandamide-induced vanilloid receptor activation and upon anandamide metabolismDarren Smart
Neuroscience Research, Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Br J Pharmacol 136:452-8. 20021. The abilities of a series of saturated N-acyl ethanolamines and related compounds to affect the ability of anandamide (AEA) to produce a Ca2+ influx into human embryonic kidney cells expressing the human vanilloid receptor (hVR1-..
- Adherence to a six-dose regimen of artemether-lumefantrine among uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum patients in the Tigray Region, EthiopiaHailemariam Lemma
Tigray Health Bureau, Mekelle, Ethiopia
Malar J 10:349. 2011..The aim of this study was to measure patient adherence levels to the six-dose AL regimen for the treatment of uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria and to identify its determinant factors in rural areas of the Tigray region, Ethiopia..
- The bioavailability and airway clearance of the steroid component of budesonide/formoterol and salmeterol/fluticasone after inhaled administration in patients with COPD and healthy subjects: a randomized controlled trialChris Dalby
Respiratory Medicine Unit, City Hospital Campus, Nottingham University, Nottingham, UK
Respir Res 10:104. 2009....
- Onset of action of single doses of formoterol administered via Turbuhaler in patients with stable COPDM Cazzola
Division of Pneumology and Allergology and Unit of Respiratory Clinical Pharmacology, A Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 14:41-5. 2001..Again, there was no significant difference (P= 0.817) between the four active treatments. Formoterol Turbuhaler 12 microg and 24 microg caused bronchodilation as rapidly as salbutamol 400 microg and 800 microg given via pMDI...
- Pharmacokinetics of artemether and dihydroartemisinin in healthy Pakistani male volunteers treated with artemether-lumefantrineShabana Ali
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Army Medical College, National University of Sciences and Technology NUST, Islamabad, Pakistan
Malar J 9:275. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of artemether and its active metabolite, dihydroartemisinin, in healthy Pakistani volunteers...
- Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine in treatment of malaria among under-fives and prevalence of drug resistance markers in Igombe-Mwanza, north-western TanzaniaErasmus Kamugisha
Weill Bugando University College of Health Sciences, Mwanza, Tanzania
Malar J 11:58. 2012....
- Malaria case-management under artemether-lumefantrine treatment policy in UgandaDejan Zurovac
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 7:181. 2008..Here the quality of AL case-management is reported from Uganda; approximately one year after AL replaced combination of chloroquine and sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (CQ+SP) as recommended first line treatment for uncomplicated malaria...
- Cardio- and cerebrovascular safety of indacaterol vs formoterol, salmeterol, tiotropium and placebo in COPDHeinrich Worth
Medical Department I, Klinikum Fürth, Jakob Henle Str 1, D 90766 Fürth, Germany
Respir Med 105:571-9. 2011..As COPD patients commonly suffer cardio- and cerebrovascular (CCV) co-morbidities, our purpose was to establish the CCV safety profile of indacaterol, a novel, inhaled, long-acting β(2)-agonist for COPD...
- Selection of Plasmodium falciparum multidrug resistance gene 1 alleles in asexual stages and gametocytes by artemether-lumefantrine in Nigerian children with uncomplicated falciparum malariaC T Happi
Malaria Research Laboratories, IMRAT, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:888-95. 2009..Pfmdr1 polymorphisms may result in reduction in the therapeutic efficacy of this newly adopted combination treatment for uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Saharan countries of Africa...
- Cardiovascular protective effects of nebivolol in Zucker diabetic fatty ratsJorge Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, Argentina
J Hypertens 28:1007-19. 2010..Although effective in reducing blood pressure, therapy with a first-generation [beta]-blocker is currently controversial in metabolic syndrome due to its negative impact on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism...
- Anandamide and diet: inclusion of dietary arachidonate and docosahexaenoate leads to increased brain levels of the corresponding N-acylethanolamines in pigletsA Berger
Nestle Research Center, Nestec Ltd, Vers chez les Blanc, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6402-6. 2001....
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- HEAD GROUP INTERACTIONS IN MEMBRANES AND MICELLESKENNETH DILL; Fiscal Year: 1991..added salt, and (ii) containing zwitterionic head groups, particularly phosphatidyl cholines and phosphatidyl ethanolamines, as a function of temperature...
- Causal and Nonlinear Models of Cancer Risk Among AutoworkersEllen Eisen; Fiscal Year: 2009..known carcinogens, such as chlorinated compounds and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in oil-based fluids, and ethanolamines and nitrosamines in water-based fluids...
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CYTOSTATIC ROLE OF THE ARGININE-NITRIC OXIDE PATHWAYLouis Ignarro; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed research should advance our understanding of the biological role of NO synthase in regulating cell proliferation. ..
- Arginase and Nitric Oxide in AtherosclerosisLouis Ignarro; Fiscal Year: 2004..The feasibility of this approach is borne out by the extensive preliminary data that support the central hypothesis. ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF NO SYNTHASELouis Ignarro; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed research represents a continuing long-term effort to elucidate the biological factors influencing the vascular and related actions of NO in health and disease. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION STUDIES OF FATTY ACID AMIDE HYDROLASEBenjamin Cravatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Drug Abuse Related Polymorphism in Fatty Acid Amide HydrolaseBenjamin Cravatt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enzymes That Regulate Fatty Acid Amide Function In VivoBenjamin Cravatt; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will elucidate the functions of key enzymes that regulate FAA signaling in vivo. These proteins may represent new targets for the treatment of pain, addiction, and other neurological disorders. ..
- CHEMICAL APPROACHES FOR ACTIVITY BASED PROTEOMICSBenjamin Cravatt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODERATE ALCOHOL USE--CARDIOVASCULAR RISKS AND BENEFITSThomas Giles; Fiscal Year: 2001..The exacerbation or prevention of EIH will be related to drug effects on the cell-signaling pathway. This research can define the cell-signaling pathway in EIH and provide new and novel approaches to treating EIH. ..
- Microarray Platform for Profiling Cancer ProteasesBenjamin Cravatt; Fiscal Year: 2008..These proteases may in turn represent valuable new markers and targets for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. ..
- Burden of Malaria in Pregnancy in IndiaDavidson Hamer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information generated by the study will also be instrumental in the development of new programs for preventing and mitigating the impact of MIP in India. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Response to Beta2-Agonists in Acute Severe AsthmaNicola Hanania; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Co(II)-Radical Pair Dynamics in B12 Enzyme CatalysisKurt Warncke; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Image-Guided Pro-Drug/Enzyme TherapyZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARE Network - Tucson Clinical CenterFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IL8 and GATA3-mediated Pathways in Asthma ExacerbationsFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY METHODS FOR CLINICAL AND EPIDEMIOLOGICAL RESEARCHRosemarie Bowler; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of a novel brain cannabinoid ligandDaniele Piomelli; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of our research is to understand how these transmitters are produced and eliminated, and discover innovative medicines that target these processes. ..
- THE ROLE OF SULFATIDES IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEXianlin Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Interferons Modulate Airway Smooth Muscle GrowthReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- PHOSPHOLIPID METABOLISM AND MEMBRANE FUNCTIONGEORGE CARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Zinc transport function will be addressed with mutants defective in phospholipid synthesis, and with Zrtlp reconstituted into unilamellar vesicles with varying phospholipid composition. ..
- Severe Asthma From Respiratory InfectionsWilliam W Busse; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of asthma, particularly severe disease, and possibilities of new approaches to treatment. ..
- Genotype-Phenotype Interactions in Severe AsthmaEUGENE ROLAND BLEECKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We feel strongly that collaborative research is necessary to meet the goals of this RFA and is crucial to genetic studies. We will continue to participate as an active member of SARP II. ..
- Role of Endocannabinoids in the Behavioral Consequences of Social IsolationDaniele Piomelli; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Obesity, Inflammation and Response to Therapy in AsthmaEVERETT RAND SUTHERLAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- MULTIDICIPLINARY FUNCTIONAL IMAGING OF CANCERZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Partnership Program to Reduce Cardiovascular DisparitiesElijah Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2008..We strongly expect improved outcomes/awareness of cardiovascular health among minority patients serviced by both BSBHS and UMB. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analgesic tolerance to mu-delta opioid bivalent ligandsNATALIE LENARD; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) To determine whether tolerance and physical dependence develop during chronic administration of the opioid receptor bivalent ligands. ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis via EphB4 SignalingJENA STEINLE; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results from both mesenteric and retinal endothelial cells will greatly increase our understanding of Eph B4 receptor regulation of the various stages of angiogenesis. ..
- Brain Endocannabinoids and Chronic StressCecilia Hillard; Fiscal Year: 2005..The successful completion of these studies will enhance our understanding of the processes involved in the adaptation of the brain to chronic stress. ..
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- CHROMOSOME 5Q GENE VARIANTS AND ASTHMA-RELATED TRAITSFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will allow to better understand the genetic influence that determine asthma risk. ..
- SOURCES OF NEUROACTIVE ANALGESIC N-ACYLETHANOLAMINESKent Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..as well as by molecular genetic approaches (cultures derived from CBI-knockout mice). Results from this research should target new botanical sources for development as neuroactive therapeutics. ..
- ORGANIC PHOSPHATE METABOLISM IN LENS STRESS & CATARACTHOWARD JERNIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Imaging Lymphatic Clearance in Tumor MetastasisZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ELECTRON PARAMAGNETIC RESONANCE SPECTROMETERKurt Warncke; Fiscal Year: 2003..A sustained high impact of the EPR spectrometer on biomedicine is therefore anticipated. ..
- SIGNALING BY VASOPRESSIN--ARTERIAL SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSKENNETH BYRON; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the effects of AVP and other hormones on [Ca2+]i and membrane currents will be examined in freshly isolated smooth muscle cells from rat mesenteric arteries. ..
- Effect of Daily Exercise on Cardiac Autonomic RegulationGEORGE BILLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ventricular contractile responses to Beta1- and Beta2-adrenoceptor stimulation will be examined in vivo by echocardiography and in vitro by single cell fluorescence microscopy/video edge detection. ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF IMMUNE MATURATION IN ASTHMAFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Genetic studies in difficult to treat asthma: TENOREugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IDENTIFICATION OF AN ASTHMA SUSCEPTIBILITY GENE ON 3PEugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2004..As part of this project, it will be very important to interact with other funded investigators to determine the impact of each genetic locus and to investigate gene-gene interactions. ..
- INFLAMMATORY APOPTOSIS AFTER SPINAL CORD INJURYChung Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The ultimate goal of this project is to enhance functional recovery after SCI through a reduction in ODC death. ..
- Msec Polymerase Chain Reaction with fMolar Detection Sensitivity using SPRDONALD ROPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Keystone Symposium on Stroke, March 9-14, 2002Chung Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2002..This conference, focusing on fundamental basic science on stroke, will be a much needed vehicle to advance stroke research. ..
- IMMUNE RESPONSES TO P FALCIPARUM IN HIGHLAND KENYAChandy John; Fiscal Year: 2002..falciparum antigens to susceptibility to infection and disease is important in the evaluation of these antigens as malaria vaccine candidates. ..
- In vivo Substrate Utilization in the Newborn Rat BrainRaghavendra Rao; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Stephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MECHANISMS REGULATING AIRWAY MUSCLE GROWTHReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will define the mechanism by which agonists induce ASM cell growth such that new issues in the pathogenesis of asthma will be addressed and therapeutic measures to prevent these alterations can be developed. ..
- Congenital and neonatal malaria in MaliAbdoulaye Djimde; Fiscal Year: 2006..research grant ..
- Mechanisms Regulation Functions of Airway Smooth MuscleReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, understanding the transcriptional mechanisms regulating the expression of inflammatory genes in ASM will likely lead to new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of asthma. ..
- CONTROL OF IGE MEDIATED PULMONARY INFLAMMATION IN HUMANSStephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MECHANISMS OF RHINOVIRUS INDUCED ASTHMAWilliam Busse; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will provide new evidence as the mechanisms by which RV-infected epithelial cells cause granulocytic bronchial inflammation and asthma exacerbations. ..
- Mechanisms of VEGF modulation of smooth muscle functionReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Ozone ALTERS Airway Smooth Muscle FUNCTION IN ASTHMAReynold Panettieri; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify the mechanisms by which ozone enhances allergen-induced AHR and provide insight into new therapeutic targets to prevent asthma exacerbations and decrease asthma morbidity and mortality. ..
- CALCIUM SIGNALING IN AIRWAY EPITHELIA AND SMOOTH MUSCLEMichael Sanderson; Fiscal Year: 2002..With this understanding our ability to design therapies to counter obstructive lung disease and prevent asthmatic attacks will be enhanced. ..
- Cardiac Contraction-Relaxation CouplingPAULUS JANSSEN; Fiscal Year: 2008....