- Surface modified magnetic nanoparticles for immuno-gene therapy of murine mammary adenocarcinoma
Kolektor Group, Nanotesla Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biomaterials 33:4379-91. 2012
..Magnetofection of murine mammary adenocarcinoma with plasmid DNA encoding IL-12 using SPIONs-PAA-PEI resulted in significant antitumor effect and could be further refined for cancer immuno-gene therapy...
- Synthesis and characterisation of mucoadhesive thiolated polymers
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Center of Pharmacy, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Int J Pharm 194:239-47. 2000
..The results represent helpful basic information in order to improve the mucoadhesive properties of thiolated polymers...
- Foldable toric intraocular lens for astigmatism correction in cataract patients
Ophthalmology Service, Donostia Hospital, Po Dr Begiristáin 115, San Sebastian, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:601-7. 2008
..To evaluate the results of AcrySof toric intraocular lens (IOL) (Alcon) implantation to correct preexisting astigmatism in patients having cataract surgery...
- Neurite branching on deformable substrates
Lisa A Flanagan
Division of Experimental Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuroreport 13:2411-5. 2002
..These results show that mechanical properties of the substrate specifically direct the formation of neurite branches, which are critical for appropriate synaptic connections during development and regeneration...
- Adsorption of crude oil from aqueous solution by hydrogel of chitosan based polyacrylamide prepared by radiation induced graft polymerization
H H Sokker
Jazan University, Faculty of Science, Saudi Arabia hesham
J Hazard Mater 190:359-65. 2011
..Equilibrium data were found to fit very well with both Freundlich and Langmuir models. Also the adsorption of oil onto the hydrogel behaves as a pseudo-second-order kinetic models rather than the pseudo-first-order kinetic model...
- Cytotoxicity of denture base and hard chairside reline materials: a systematic review
Carolina de Andrade Lima Chaves
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo USP, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 107:114-27. 2012
..Adverse reactions to the materials used for the fabrication and reline of removable denture bases have been observed...
- Effect of long-term water immersion on the fracture toughness of denture base and reline resins
Lívia Sertori Finoti
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, UNESP, University Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Gerodontology 29:e858-64. 2012
- Rheological properties of vaginal hydrophilic polymer gels
José das Neves
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Curr Drug Deliv 6:83-92. 2009
..Rheological properties of tested gels appeared to be correlated with their therapeutic/usage purpose...
- How deeply cells feel: methods for thin gels
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Phys Condens Matter 22:194116. 2010
..brain, E ~ 1 kPa). Initial results show that cells increasingly respond to the rigidity of an underlying 'hidden' surface starting at about 10-20 microm gel thickness with a characteristic tactile length of less than about 5 microm...
- Streptococcus mutans biofilm changes surface-topography of resin composites
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Mater 24:732-6. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that bacteria-composite surface interaction causes changes in surface-topography...
- Nanosuspension: a new vehicle for the improvement of the delivery of drugs to the ocular surface. Application to amphotericin B
School of Pharmacy and Technology Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Nanomedicine 7:242-7. 2011
..From these results we can conclude that Eudragit RS 100 nanosuspension may represent an efficacious vehicle to deliver the drug into the eye...
- Thermo-responsive chitosan-graft-poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) injectable hydrogel for cultivation of chondrocytes and meniscus cells
Jyh Ping Chen
Graduate Institute of Biochemical and Biomedical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan ROC
Macromol Biosci 6:1026-39. 2006
..The hydrogel not only preserves the viability and phenotypic morphology of the entrapped cells but also stimulates the initial cell-cell interactions...
- Antibacterial amorphous calcium phosphate nanocomposites with a quaternary ammonium dimethacrylate and silver nanoparticles
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Division, Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Dent Mater 28:561-72. 2012
- Characteristics of dual species Candida biofilms on denture acrylic surfaces
Zaw M Thein
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Oral Biosciences, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong
Arch Oral Biol 52:1200-8. 2007
..Despite extensive studies on monospecies biofilms (MSB) on denture acrylic surfaces, few have investigated the characteristics of dual species Candida biofilms (DSB)...
- pH-and thermo-sensitive pluronic/poly(acrylic acid) in situ hydrogels for sustained release of an anticancer drug
Yu Li Lo
Department of Biological Sciences and Technology, National University of Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan
J Drug Target 21:54-66. 2013
..This study highlights the advantages of using oral in situ temperature- and pH-sensitive hydrogels for future cancer therapy...
- Studying the effect of particle size and coating type on the blood kinetics of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles
MR and CT Contrast Media Research, Bayer Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany
Int J Nanomedicine 7:4447-58. 2012
..In this study we analyzed the effect of these two properties independently and systematically on the magnetic behavior and blood half-life of SPIOs...
- Cytotoxicity of hard chairside reline resins: effect of microwave irradiation and water bath postpolymerization treatments
Nara Hellen Campanha
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara Dental School, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 19:195-201. 2006
To evaluate the influence of water bath and microwave postpolymerization treatments on the cytotoxicity of 6 hard reline acrylic resins.
- Designed polyelectrolyte shell on magnetite nanocore for dilution-resistant biocompatible magnetic fluids
Ildiko Y Toth
Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science, University of Szeged, Aradi vt 1, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Langmuir 28:16638-46. 2012
..Molecular-level understanding of the protective shell formation on MNPs presented here improves fundamentally the colloidal techniques used in core-shell nanoparticle production for nanotechnology applications...
- Effect of repeated cycles of chemical disinfection on the roughness and hardness of hard reline acrylic resins
Luciana de Rezende Pinto
Department of Prosthodontics, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Gerodontology 27:147-53. 2010
..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of repeated cycles of five chemical disinfectant solutions on the roughness and hardness of three hard chairside reliners...
- Sensitivity of Candida albicans biofilm cells grown on denture acrylic to antifungal proteins and chlorhexidine
Christopher R Pusateri
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Arch Oral Biol 54:588-94. 2009
..albicans biofilm cells compared to planktonic cells and measured whether surface treatment of denture acrylic with Hst 5, hBD-3, or chlorhexidine gluconate could inhibit in vitro biofilm development...
- A 5-year assessment of safety and aesthetic results after facial soft-tissue augmentation with polyacrylamide hydrogel (Aquamid): a prospective multicenter study of 251 patients
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery Burn Center, University Hospital of the RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:1797-804. 2010
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of the material, the manufacturer initiated in 2001 a prospective clinical trial with a follow-up of 5 years. This represents one of the longest running studies on currently used fillers...
- Antimicrobial and mechanical properties of acrylic resins with incorporated silver-zinc zeolite - part I
Luciana Assirati Casemiro
Dentistry College, University of Franca, Franca, SP, Brazil
Gerodontology 25:187-94. 2008
The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the antimicrobial activity of acrylic resins containing different percentages of silver and zinc zeolite, and to assess whether the addition of zeolite alters the flexural and impact ..
- A multiwell platform for studying stiffness-dependent cell biology
Justin D Mih
Molecular and Integrative Physiological Sciences, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19929. 2011
..The ability to deploy PA gels in multiwell plates for high throughput analysis of cells in tissue-relevant environments opens new opportunities for the discovery of cellular responses that operate in specific stiffness regimes...
- Effect of three methods for cleaning dentures on biofilms formed in vitro on acrylic resin
Helena F Oliveira Paranhos
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthodont 18:427-31. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of three denture hygiene methods against different microbial biofilms formed on acrylic resin specimens...
- Silver distribution and release from an antimicrobial denture base resin containing silver colloidal nanoparticles
Douglas Roberto Monteiro
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba Dental School, Univ Estadual Paulista, Brazil Federal University of São Carlos Exact Science and Technology Center, Brazil
J Prosthodont 21:7-15. 2012
- Effect of thermocycling on bond strength and elasticity of 4 long-term soft denture liners
José Renato Ribeiro Pinto
School of Dentistry, Paulista University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 88:516-21. 2002
..Two problems found in prostheses with soft liners are bond failure to the acrylic resin base and loss of elasticity due to material aging...
- Biocompatibility of denture base acrylic resins evaluated in culture of L929 cells. Effect of polymerisation cycle and post-polymerisation treatments
Janaina Habib Jorge
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gerodontology 24:52-7. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of two post-polymerisation treatments and different cycles of polymerisation on the cytotoxicity of two denture base resins...
- Effect of intraocular lenses on preventing posterior capsule opacification: design versus material
Nishi Eye Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2170-6. 2004
..To compare the preventive effect of 4 types of design- and material-matched intraocular lenses (IOLs) on posterior capsule opacification (PCO)...
- The effect of the addition of poly(methyl methacrylate) fibres on some properties of high strength heat-cured acrylic resin denture base material
Department of Oral and Dental Science, Bristol Dental School, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Oral Rehabil 30:231-5. 2003
- Development of in situ thermosensitive drug vehicles for glaucoma therapy
Ging Ho Hsiue
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Biomaterials 24:2423-30. 2003
..Hence our investigations successfully prove that the thermosensitive polymeric eyedrop with ability of controlled drug release exhibits a greater potential for glaucoma therapy...
- A study on patients treated with polyacrylamide hydrogel injection for facial corrections
Holte Plastikkirurgiske Klinik, Holte Midtpunkt 20 3 tv, DK 2840 Holte, Denmark
Aesthetic Plast Surg 28:45-53. 2004
..Currently, the product (Aquamid) is being studied in several prospective clinical trials, one of which is completed and in the process of preparation for publication...
- Anterior capsule contraction and intraocular lens decentration and tilt after hydrogel lens implantation
Hayashi Eye Hospital, 4 7 13 Hakataekimae, Hakata Ku, Fukuoka 812, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 85:1294-7. 2001
..To prospectively investigate changes in the area of the anterior capsule opening, and intraocular lens (IOL) decentration and tilt after implantation of a hydrogel IOL...
- Substrate stiffness affects the functional maturation of neonatal rat ventricular myocytes
Jeffrey G Jacot
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, USA
Biophys J 95:3479-87. 2008
..On very stiff substrates, this adaptation seems to involve RhoA kinase...
- Comparison of fracture tests of denture base materials
Research and Development Department, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Schaan, Liechtenstein
J Prosthet Dent 90:578-85. 2003
..In order to evaluate the resistance of denture base resins against fracture, not only impact strength measurements but also fracture toughness tests should be performed...
- Effect of water-bath post-polymerization on the mechanical properties, degree of conversion, and leaching of residual compounds of hard chairside reline resins
Vanessa M Urban
Department of Dentistry, Ponta Grossa State University, Ponta Grossa, Parana, Brazil
Dent Mater 25:662-71. 2009
- Bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells become quiescent on soft substrates but remain responsive to chemical or mechanical stimuli
Jessamine P Winer
Department of Bioengineering, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 15:147-54. 2009
..These observations suggest that mechanical signals from the elasticity of the extracellular matrix may be one of the factors that enable the bone marrow niche to maintain MSCs as a reservoir for a long period...
- Effect of phosphate group addition on the properties of denture base resins
Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Prosthet Dent 100:302-8. 2008
b>Acrylic resins are prone to microbial adherence, especially by Candida albicans...
- Residual monomer of reline acrylic resins. Effect of water-bath and microwave post-polymerization treatments
Vanessa M Urban
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, R Humaita, No 1680, Sao Paulo State University, CEP 14801 903 Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:363-8. 2007
..It was also investigated the effect of two after polymerization treatments on this RM content...
- Rheological properties of contraceptive gels
D H Owen
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Contraception 62:321-6. 2000
..Conceptrol and Gynol II had no residual stress, while both KY Plus and Advantage-S did. The gels differed in their response to dilution with vaginal fluid simulant...
- Extracellular matrix rigidity governs smooth muscle cell motility in a biphasic fashion
Shelly R Peyton
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, The Henry Samueli School of Engineering, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
J Cell Physiol 204:198-209. 2005
- Mucoadhesive and cohesive properties of poly(acrylic acid)-cysteine conjugates with regard to their molecular mass
V M Leitner
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, Centre of Pharmacy, University of Vienna, Althanstr 14, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Pharm Sci 18:89-96. 2003
..The results of the present study contribute to the development of new polymers displaying further improved mucoadhesive properties...
- Detection of bacteria by fluorescence in situ hybridization in culture-negative soft tissue filler lesions
Department of International Health, Immunology, and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dermatol Surg 35:1620-4. 2009
..Adverse reactions to polyacrylamide gel occur as swellings or nodules, and controversy exists whether these are due to bacterial infection or an autoimmune reaction to the filler...
- Effect of microwave disinfection on mechanical properties of denture base acrylic resin
Ibrahim M Hamouda
Dental Biomaterials, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Al Gomhoria Street, Mansoura, Egypt
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 3:480-7. 2010
..This method of sterilization increased the brittleness of acrylic resin specimens...
- Effect of microwave irradiation and water storage on the viscoelastic properties of denture base and reline acrylic resins
Carlos Eduardo Leão Lombardo
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 5:53-61. 2012
..05). The Tg mean values were arranged as: L>V W>TR II>K (P<0.05). Microwave irradiation and WS did not detrimentally affect the viscoelastic properties of the denture base and reline resins evaluated...
- Influence of 360-degree enhanced optic edge design of a hydrophilic acrylic intraocular lens on posterior capsule opacification
International Vision Correction Research Centre, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:227-31. 2007
- Preactivated thiomers as mucoadhesive polymers for drug delivery
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Biomaterials 33:1528-35. 2012
..Thus, on the basis of achieved results the pre-activated thiomers seem to represent a promising generation of mucoadhesive polymers which are safe to use for prolonged residence time of drug delivery systems to target various mucosa...
- Effect of microwave postpolymerization treatment on residual monomer content and the flexural strength of autopolymerizing reline resin
Padmakar S Patil
Department of Maxillofacial Prosthodontics and Implantology, HKE S Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India
Indian J Dent Res 20:293-7. 2009
..However, the effect of microwave postpolymerization on the residual monomer content and its influence on flexural strength have not been investigated...
- Glass transition temperature of hard chairside reline materials after post-polymerisation treatments
Vanessa M Urban
Department of Dentistry, Ponta Grossa State University UEPG, Ponta Grossa, PR, Brazil
Gerodontology 27:230-5. 2010
..This study evaluated the effect of post-polymerisation treatments on the glass transition temperature (T(g)) of five hard chairside reline materials (Duraliner II-D, Kooliner-K, New Truliner-N, Ufi Gel hard-U and Tokuso Rebase Fast-T)...
- Nanostructure of complexes between cationic lipids and an oppositely charged polyelectrolyte
Department of Chemical Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
Langmuir 28:1668-72. 2012
..Our findings suggest that the onion-like packing may be energetically favorable for a wide range of polyelectrolyte-liposome systems, from oligonucleotides and DNA to PAA...
- Efficacy of different intraocular lens materials and optic edge designs in preventing posterior capsular opacification: a meta-analysis
Jin Wei Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Am J Ophthalmol 143:428-36. 2007
..To evaluate the efficacy of different intraocular lens (IOL) materials and optic edge designs in preventing posterior capsular opacification (PCO)...
- Adherence in vitro of Candida albicans to plasma treated acrylic resin. Effect of plasma parameters, surface roughness and salivary pellicle
Camila Andrade Zamperini
Araraquara Dental School, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 55:763-70. 2010
..The adhesion of Candida albicans to surfaces is the prerequisite for occurrence of denture stomatitis...
- Microfluidic based platform for characterization of protein interactions in hydrogel nanoenvironments
Biomedical Engineering Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Anal Chem 79:5322-7. 2007
- Fracture toughness of cross-linked and non-cross-linked temporary crown and fixed partial denture materials
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Justus Liebig University, Schlangenzahl 14, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Dent Mater 25:917-28. 2009
..As the longevity of biopolymers is influenced by the ability to withstand a crack propagation, the aim of this study was to investigate the fracture toughness of cross-linked and non-cross-linked t-c&bs...
- Bond strength of adhesive systems to human tooth enamel
Thais Cachute Paradella
Department of Bioscience and Oral Diagnosis, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil, CEP 12243 080
Braz Oral Res 21:4-9. 2007
..In conclusion, although the total etching and self-etching systems presented similar shear bond strength values, the types of fracture presented by them were different, which can have clinical implications...
- A long term study on residual monomer release from denture materials
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 16:81-4. 2008
..05. Heat polymerized denture base acrylic resins showed less residual monomer than auto polymerized ones (p<0...
- Real-time monitoring of DNA colonies growing in a polyacrylamide gel
Timur R Samatov
Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, 142290 Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Anal Biochem 356:300-2. 2006
- Preventive effect of fluoridated orthodontic resins subjected to high cariogenic challenges
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Braz Dent J 21:211-5. 2010
..Transbond Plus Color Change resin presented higher caries preventive effect than Orthodontic Fill Magic...
- Effect of surface preparation on the bond strength of heat-polymerized denture base resin to commercially pure titanium and cobalt-chromium alloy
Division of Removable Prosthodontics, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, Fukuoka Dental College, 2 15 1 Tamura, Sawara ku, Fukuoka 814 0193, Japan
Dent Mater J 30:143-50. 2011
..Before thermocycling SB and AL showed significantly higher shear bond strengths than SAND, RO, EP for both metals. The shear bond strength of AL group after thermocycling was significantly higher than that of the other groups...
- Cytotoxicity of two autopolymerized acrylic resins used in orthodontics
Tatiana Siqueira Gonçalves
Department of Orthodontics, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Angle Orthod 78:926-30. 2008
To test in vitro the null hypothesis that the toxic effect of different acrylic resins used in orthodontics cannot be reduced when a prior elution is performed.
- Polyacrylamide gel plugs enabling 2-D microfluidic protein separations via isoelectric focusing and multiplexed sodium dodecyl sulfate gel electrophoresis
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Electrophoresis 29:2241-50. 2008
- Biological functionalization and surface micropatterning of polyacrylamide hydrogels
Mary Rose Burnham
Wadsworth Center for Laboratories and Research, New York State Department of Health, P O Box 509, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Biomaterials 27:5883-91. 2006
..Biotinylated immune complexes and lipid vesicles readily bound to SA-functionalized hydrogels, demonstrating the feasibility of using this hydrogel system to generate complex biofunctionalized surfaces...
- Cell prestress. I. Stiffness and prestress are closely associated in adherent contractile cells
Physiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C606-16. 2002
..Regardless of mechanism, these data establish a strong association between stiffness of HASM cells and the level of tensile stress within the cytoskeleton...
- Effect of post-polymerization heat-treatments on degree of conversion, leaching residual MMA and in vitro cytotoxicity of autopolymerizing acrylic repair resin
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dent Mater 27:1135-43. 2011
..This study evaluated the effect of post-polymerization heat-treatments on degree of conversion (DC), residual methyl methacrylate concentration (MMA(r)) and in vitro cytotoxicity of autopolymerizing acrylic repair resin...
- Bond strength of poly(methyl methacrylate) denture base material to cast titanium and cobalt-chromium alloy
Department of Applied Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
J Adhes Dent 12:223-9. 2010
..The shear bond strength of an auto-polymerizing poly(methyl methacrylate) denture base resin material to cast titanium and cobalt-chromium alloy treated with six conditioning methods was investigated...
- Biodegradation of acrylic based resins: A review
Ana F Bettencourt
Research Institute for Medicines and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Dent Mater 26:e171-80. 2010
..The objective of this manuscript was to review the acrylic based resins biodegradation phenomena. Specific attention was given to the causes and consequences of materials degradation under the oral environment...
- Simple method to evaluate adequacy of capsule for foldable intraocular lens implantation in the sulcus
Khatam al Anbia Eye Hospital, Eye Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:222-5. 2009
..Optic decentration occurred in 1 case (10%). No postoperative dislocation was observed, and no patient required surgery for IOL decentration during the follow-up...
- Effects of different fluoride recharging protocols on fluoride ion release from various orthodontic adhesives
Sug Joon Ahn
Dental Research Institute and Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28 22 Yunkeun Dong, ChongRo Ku, Seoul 110 768, Republic of Korea
J Dent 39:196-201. 2011
..The purpose of this study was to find the most effective fluoride recharging protocol for orthodontic adhesives...
- Pigment release and secondary glaucoma after implantation of single-piece acrylic intraocular lenses in the ciliary sulcus
Harvey Siy Uy
University of the Philippines, Philippine General Hospital, Manila Asian Eye Institute, Makati City, Philippines
Am J Ophthalmol 142:330-2. 2006
..To report the association of sulcus-fixated, single-piece hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses (HAIOL) with pigment release and secondary glaucoma...
- Intraocular lens factors that may affect anterior capsule contraction
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Ophthalmology 112:286-92. 2005
..To examine the various factors comprising intraocular lenses (IOLs) that may affect the degree of anterior capsule contraction after cataract surgery...
- Hardness of heat-polymerized acrylic resins after disinfection and long-term water immersion
Karin Hermana Neppelenbroek
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, C E P 14801 1903, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 93:171-6. 2005
..In selecting a disinfectant for dental prostheses, compatibility between the disinfectant and the type of denture base material must be considered to avoid adverse effects on the hardness of the acrylic resin...
- Breast pathology in complications associated with polyacrylamide hydrogel (PAAG) mammoplasty
K M Leung
Diagnostix Pathology Laboratories Ltd, Canossa Hospital, 1 Old Peak Road, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 13:137-40. 2007
..To study the tissue pathology of breast lesions associated with hydrophilic polyacrylamide gel injection augmentation mammoplasty...
- Thiolated polymers: evaluation of the influence of the amount of covalently attached L-cysteine to poly(acrylic acid)
Thomas F Palmberger
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:405-12. 2007
..Mucoadhesive and self-crosslinking properties are strongly dependent on the degree of thiolation of the polymer and with respect to transport studies, an optimum amount of covalently attached L-cysteine could be identified...
- In vitro study of the adherence of Candida albicans to acrylic resins: relationship to surface energy
Department of Medicine and Buccofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Complutense University of Madrid, Avenida Complutense s n 28040, Madrid, Spain
Int J Prosthodont 18:392-8. 2005
- Easy flat embedding of oriented samples in hydrophilic resin (LR White) under controlled atmosphere: application allowing both nucleic acid hybridizations (CARD-FISH) and ultrastructural observations
UMR CNRS 7138, Systématique Adaptation Evolution, Equipe Symbiose, Departement de Biologie, Universite des Antilles et de la Guyane, UFR des Sciences Exactes et Naturelles, B P 592, 97159 Pointe à Pitre cedex, Guadeloupe, France
Acta Histochem 110:427-31. 2008
- Adherence of Candida albicans to glow-discharge modified acrylic denture base polymers
M S Yildirim
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 32:518-25. 2005
..In the present study, effect of glow-discharge plasma, a technique applied to increase surface wettability of acrylic resins, on candidial adherence was evaluated...
- Development and in vitro evaluation of a mucoadhesive vaginal delivery system for nystatin
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Pharm Sci 98:555-64. 2009
..Therefore these thiolated polymers are promising delivery systems for nystatin providing a prolonged residence time and a sustained drug release in vitro under physiological relevant conditions...
- Novel one-pot route to monodisperse thermosensitive hollow microcapsules in a microfluidic system
Chang Hyung Choi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 764, South Korea
Lab Chip 8:1544-51. 2008
..The in situ microfluidic synthetic method provides a novel approach for the preparation of monodisperse hollow microcapsules via a one-pot route...
- Physical properties of an acrylic resin after incorporation of an antimicrobial monomer
Romulo Rocha Regis
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Prosthodont 20:372-9. 2011
..This study evaluated the effect of the incorporation of the antimicrobial monomer methacryloyloxyundecylpyridinium bromide (MUPB) on the hardness, roughness, flexural strength, and color stability of a denture base material...
- An open multicenter study of polyacrylamide hydrogel (Bulkamid®) for female stress and mixed urinary incontinence
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Herlev County Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
Int Urogynecol J 21:1471-7. 2010
..Polyacrylamide hydrogel (PAHG, Bulkamid®) is a promising urethral bulking agent. This multicenter study was carried out to evaluate safety and efficacy of Bulkamid® for female stress and mixed urinary incontinence...
- Morphological analysis and interleukin release in human gingival fibroblasts seeded on different denture base acrylic resins
Department of Medical, Oral and Biotechnological Sciences University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:637-43. 2012
- Diagnostic cytological features of polyacrylamide gel injection augmentation mammoplasty
Patrick P L Lau
Departments of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Pathology 41:443-7. 2009
..To study the cytological features of breast lesions associated with hydrophilic polyacrylamide gel (PAAG) injection augmentation mammoplasty and to determine the specific diagnostic features...
- Eudragit RS and RL (acrylic resins) microcapsules as pH insensitive and sustained release preparations of ketoprofen
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushyu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Microencapsul 3:293-304. 1986
Microencapsulation of ketoprofen using Eudragit RS and RL (acrylic resins) was investigated based on the dispersion system of ketoprofen-containing acetone in liquid paraffin...
- Impact strength of denture base and reline acrylic resins subjected to long-term water immersion
Amanda Fucci Wady
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Univ Estadual Paulista, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:56-61. 2011
Water may influence the mechanical properties of the acrylic resins. Thus, the effect of water storage on the impact strength (IS) of one denture base (Lucitone 550 - L) and four reline resins (Tokuyama Rebase II - T; UfiGel Hard - U; ..
- In vitro antifungal action of different substances over microwaved-cured acrylic resins
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 17:432-5. 2009
The presence of Candida albicans on the surfaces of denture-base acrylic resins is strongly related to the development of oral stomatitis...
- Effect of chemical disinfectants on the transverse strength of heat-polymerized acrylic resins submitted to mechanical and chemical polishing
Iara Augusta Orsi
Dental School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 92:382-8. 2004
..Immersion in chemical solutions used for cleansing and disinfecting prostheses can decrease the strength of denture base resins, making them more prone to fracture during use...
- The role of glutathione in the permeation enhancing effect of thiolated polymers
Andreas E Clausen
Center of Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Austria
Pharm Res 19:602-8. 2002
..To verify or refute the mechanism of permeation enhancement with thiolated polymers via GSH by the use of NaFlu as marker for the paracellular permeation...
- Evaluation of Candida albicans adhesion and biofilm formation on a denture base acrylic resin containing silver nanoparticles
A F Wady
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, UNESP, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 112:1163-72. 2012
..albicans adhesion and biofilm formation...
- Effect of thermal cycling on microleakage between hard chairside relines and denture base acrylic resins
Eunice Teresinha Giampaolo
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gerodontology 28:121-6. 2011
Microleakage is a pre-stage of debonding between hard chairside relines and denture base acrylic resins. Therefore, it is important to assess them with regard to the longevity of the relined denture...
- Cytotoxicity of denture base acrylic resins: a literature review
Janaina Habib Jorge
Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 90:190-3. 2003
b>Acrylic resins are widely used in the fabrication of denture bases and have been shown to be cytotoxic as a result of substances that leach from the resin. The primary eluate is residual monomer...
- Alendronate-loaded microparticles for improvement of intestinal cellular absorption
Jong Suep Baek
College of Pharmacy and Institute of Drug Research and Development, Chungnam National University, 220 Gungdong, Yuseonggu, Daejeon 305 764, South Korea
J Drug Target 19:37-48. 2011
..It was proposed that the novel alendronate microparticles could possess the potential of an increased intestinal absorption and fewer adverse effects of alendronate...
- Long-term effects of polyacrylamide hydrogel on human breast tissue
Lise H Christensen
Department of Pathology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:1883-90. 2003
..However, to determine safety with more certainty, a larger sample size would be necessary...
- Flexural properties and impact strength of denture base polymer reinforced with woven glass fibers
Department of Biomaterials Science, Kagoshima University Dental School, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
Dent Mater 16:150-8. 2000
..The present investigation was undertaken to determine the reinforcing effect of woven glass fibers on deflection, flexural strength, flexural modulus and impact strength of acrylic denture base polymer...
- Hollow chitosan/poly(acrylic acid) nanospheres as drug carriers
National Laboratory of Solid State Microstructure, Department of Material Science and Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing, 210093, P R China
Biomacromolecules 8:1069-76. 2007
..The confocal laser scanning microscopy analysis reveals that fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-labeled CS-PAA can deposit in different organs including liver, spleen, and brain...
- Antimicrobial properties and cytotoxicity of an antimicrobial monomer for application in prosthodontics
Romulo Rocha Regis
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Prosthodont 21:283-90. 2012
This study aimed to investigate the antimicrobial properties and cytotoxicity of the monomer methacryloyloxyundecylpyridinium bromide (MUPB), an antiseptic agent capable of copolymerizing with denture base acrylic resins.
- Efficacy and safety of polyacrylamide hydrogel for facial soft-tissue augmentation
Silvester von Buelow
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery Burn Center University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Frankfurt, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 116:1137-46; discussion 1147-8. 2005
..Aquamid is a soft-tissue filler containing polyacrylamide hydrogel. Safety and aesthetic results after injection of polyacrylamide hydrogel for facial soft-tissue enhancement were assessed at a 1-year follow-up...
- The effect of water immersion on the shear bond strength between chairside reline and denture base acrylic resins
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araquara Dental School, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthodont 16:255-62. 2007
..Specimens relined with resin L were also evaluated...
- In vivo evaluation of thiolated poly(acrylic acid) as a drug absorption modulator for MRP2 efflux pump substrates
Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 72:561-6. 2009
..8-fold in comparison to control and 2.2-fold in comparison to unmodified PAA(250). This in vivo study revealed that PAA(250)-Cys significantly increased the oral bioavailability of MRP2 substrate sulforhodamine 101...
- Four-year safety with polyacrylamide hydrogel to correct antiretroviral-related facial lipoatrophy
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:451-5. 2009
..However, prolonged follow-up of these patients is recommended to detect unexpected long-term adverse reactions...
- Comparison of the stability of 1-piece and 3-piece acrylic intraocular lenses in the lens capsule
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:337-42. 2005
- Repair strength of autopolymerizing, microwave, and conventional heat-polymerized acrylic resins
Rodrigo Nunes Rached
Pontifical Catholic University of Parana PUCPR, Dental Branch, Curitiba, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 92:79-82. 2004
..Acrylic resin dentures are susceptible to fracture after clinical use. The repair procedure should be time saving, strong, and should not affect dimensional accuracy...
- Development of a mechanical testing assay for fibrotic murine liver
Stephanie L Barnes
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Med Phys 34:4439-50. 2007
..In addition, future work will add the correlative method of elastography such that direct controlled validation of measurement on tissue can be determined...