Genomes and Genes
Summary: A polyvinyl polymer of variable molecular weight; used as suspending and dispersing agent and vehicle for pharmaceuticals; also used as blood volume expander.
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of the effects of khaya gum on the mechanical and release properties of paracetamol tabletsO A Odeku
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:311-20. 2003..The results suggest that khaya gum could be useful as an alternative binding agent to produce tablets with particular mechanical strength and drug release profiles...
- Effects of formulation and process variables on the release of a weakly basic drug from single unit extended release formulationsH Kranz
Pharmaceutical Development, Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:70-6. 2006..Stability studies demonstrated no degradation of the drug substance and reproducible drug release patterns for matrix tablets stored at 25 degrees C/60% RH and 30 degrees C/70% RH for up to 6 months...
- Comparative antibacterial efficacy of a 2-minute surgical scrub with chlorhexidine gluconate, povidone-iodine, and chloroxylenol sponge-brushesR Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California, School of Medicine, San Francisco 94143
Am J Infect Control 16:173-7. 1988Chlorhexidine gluconate (Hibiclens), povidone-iodine (E-Z Scrub 201), and chloroxylenol (ParaSoft) sponge-brushes were compared for antibacterial efficacy in 2-minute surgical scrubs...
- Crystallization of hydrocortisone acetate: influence of polymersS L Raghavan
Medway Sciences, NRI University of Greenwich, Central Avenue, Maritime, Kent ME44TB, Chatham, UK
Int J Pharm 212:213-21. 2001..The habit modification of HA by HPMC is due to different extents of adsorption on different faces of the crystal, the extent of which is dependent on the hydrogen bonding functional groups that are exposed at each face of the crystal...
- Development and in vitro evaluation of diltiazem hydrochloride transdermal patches based on povidone-ethylcellulose matricesRitu Gupta
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:1-7. 2003..Transdermal patches of the drug, employing different ratios of polymers, ethylcellulose (EC), and povidone (PVP) were developed and evaluated for the potential drug delivery using depilated freshly excised abdominal ..
- Enhanced neuroprotective effects of resveratrol delivered by nanoparticles on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in rat cortical cell cultureXiaowei Lu
Department of Geriatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, P R China
Mol Pharm 10:2045-53. 2013..RES-NPs could be a potential treatment needing intensive research for ischemia/reperfusion related disorder including stroke...
- Paclitaxel-loaded poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone)-b-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) nanoparticles: preparation and antitumor activity in vivoZhenshu Zhu
Laboratory of Mesoscopic Chemistry and Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing, 210093, PR China
J Control Release 142:438-46. 2010....
- A comparison between povidone-ethylcellulose and povidone-eudragit transdermal dexamethasone matrix patches based on in vitro skin permeationBiswajit Mukherjee
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata Calcutta, India
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 59:475-83. 2005..transdermal drug delivery system (TDDS) of dexamethasone using blends of two different polymeric combinations, povidone (PVP) and ethylcellulose (EC) and Eudragit with PVP...
- The use of PVP as a polymeric carrier to improve the plasma half-life of drugsYoshihisa Kaneda
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biomaterials 25:3259-66. 2004..However, PVP showed the minimum volume of tissue distribution. These results suggested that PVP is the most suitable polymeric modifier for prolonging the circulation lifetime of a drug and localizing the conjugated drug in blood...
- Use of magnetically purified Plasmodium falciparum parasites improves the accuracy of erythrocyte invasion assaysAdam H Bates
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Parasitol 126:278-80. 2010..The magnetic purification method is an excellent alternative for parasite isolates that do not tolerate or with unknown sensitivity to Percoll-sorbitol exposure...
- Anaphylaxis to polyvinylpyrrolidone in povidone-iodine for impetigo contagiosum in a boy with atopic dermatitisKoichi Yoshida
Department of Pediatrics, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 146:169-73. 2008b>Povidone-iodine (PVP-I) is widely used in antiseptic agents. Immediate allergic reaction to PVP-I preparations is very rare and often overlooked, as it is difficult to diagnose...
- Photodynamic diagnosis of a human nasopharyngeal carcinoma xenograft model using the novel Chlorin e6 photosensitizer FotolonBhuvaneswari Ramaswamy
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre Singapore, Singapore 169610
Int J Oncol 26:1501-6. 2005..The tumour to normal tissue selectivity ratio was highest at 6 h. The microfluorescence tumour imaging shows similar trends confirming the macroscopic fluorescence data. Fotolon shows much promise as a good photodiagnostic agent...
- Chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidone as a fluorescent marker for fluorescence diagnosis of human bladder cancer implanted on the chick chorioallantoic membrane modelWilliam Wei Lim Chin
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre Singapore, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610, Singapore
Cancer Lett 245:127-33. 2007..In conclusion, the Ce6-PVP formulation appeared to have the potential as a fluorescent marker for fluorescence diagnosis of human bladder cancer...
- Fluorescence imaging and phototoxicity effects of new formulation of chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidoneWilliam Wei Lim Chin
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre Singapore, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610, Singapore
J Photochem Photobiol B 84:103-10. 2006..This eliminates the need for long-term photosensitivity precautions. In conclusion, the Ce6-PVP formulation seems to be a promising photosensitizer for fluorescence imaging as well as for photodynamic treatment...
- Integrated morphophysiological assessment of two methods for sperm selection in bovine embryo production in vitroA Cesari
Instituto de Investigaciones Biologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, UNMdP CC 1245 7600 Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Theriogenology 66:1185-93. 2006....
- Optimization of a self-nanoemulsified tablet dosage form of Ubiquinone using response surface methodology: effect of formulation ingredientsS Nazzal
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Technical University Health Science Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Int J Pharm 240:103-14. 2002..6, 560.1 and 100, respectively. A new formulation was prepared according to these levels. The observed responses were in close agreement with the predicted values of the optimized formulation...
- Polyvinylpyrrolidone-sodium hyaluronate gel (Gelclair): a bioadherent oral gel for the treatment of oral mucositis and other painful oral lesionsPatricia C Buchsel
Seattle University College of Nursing, 18503 SE 64th Way, Issaquah, WA 98027, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:1449-54. 2008..Small studies have been done in healing oral lesions arising from laser surgery and in wound healing but research is needed to support the use of polyvinylpyrrolidone-sodium hyaluronate gel (Gelclair) in these clinical setting...
- Effect of Percoll volume, duration and force of centrifugation, on in vitro production and sex ratio of bovine embryosG M Machado
Embrapa Recursos Genéticos e Biotecenologia Laboratório de Reprodução Animal Parque Estação Biológica W5 Final Norte, Brasília 70770 900, DF, Brazil
Theriogenology 71:1289-97. 2009..In conclusion, decreasing Percoll volume, reducing duration of centrifugation, and using a higher force of centrifugation did not significantly affect sperm quality, embryo development, or sex ratio of in vitro-produced bovine embryos...
- Outcome of sperm preparation using double-gradients technique study in Siriraj HospitalSomsin Petyim
Infertility Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 92:878-84. 2009..To determine the succession of sperm preparation using the double-gradients technique on sperm quality: sperm recovery rate, sperm concentration, sperm motility and percentage of post wash total motile sperm count...
- Effect of swim up and Percoll treatment on viability and acrosome integrity of frozen-thawed bull spermatozoaT Somfai
University of West Hungary, Institute of Animal Breeding, Mosonmagyaróvár, Hungary
Reprod Domest Anim 37:285-90. 2002..Therefore the use of Percoll-treated spermatozoa in IVF systems can be more expedient...
- Chlorin e6 - polyvinylpyrrolidone mediated photosensitization is effective against human non-small cell lung carcinoma compared to small cell lung carcinoma xenograftsWilliam W L Chin
Division of Medical Sciences, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610, National Cancer Centre, Singapore
BMC Pharmacol 7:15. 2007..The present study evaluated the potential use of chlorin e6 - polyvinylpyrrolidone (Ce6-PVP) as a multimodality photosensitizer for fluorescence detection and photodynamic therapy (PDT) on NSCLC and SCLC xenografts...
- HPLC study of chlorin e6 and its molecular complex with polyvinylpyrrolidoneH A Isakau
Scientific Pharmaceutical Center, RUE Belmedpreparaty, Fabritsius Str 30, 220007 Minsk, Belarus
Biomed Chromatogr 21:318-25. 2007..The method was specific, accurate and precise, allowing the analysis of chlorin e(6) in the presence of numerous degradation products useful in the manufacturing process and quality control of chlorin e(6) and Photolon...
- The potential application of chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidone formulation in photodynamic therapyWilliam Wei Lim Chin
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre Singapore, 11 Hospital Drive, 169610, Singapore
Photochem Photobiol Sci 5:1031-7. 2006..A faster clearance rate of Ce6-PVP from the skin of nude mice was observed compared to Ce6. The new formulation of Ce6-PVP seems to show promise as an effective therapeutic agent...
- Improved formulation of photosensitizer chlorin e6 polyvinylpyrrolidone for fluorescence diagnostic imaging and photodynamic therapy of human cancerWilliam Wei Lim Chin
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre Singapore, Singapore
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:1083-93. 2008..No serious adverse events were observed in human as well...
- Immune response against angiosarcoma following lower fluence rate clinical photodynamic therapyPatricia S P Thong
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre, Singapore
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 27:35-42. 2008..Specifically, lower fluence rate PDT appears to activate the body's immune response against untreated lesions...
- HPLC detection of plasma concentrations of diclofenac in human volunteers administered with povidone-ethylcellulose-based experimental transdermal matrix-type patchesB Mukherjee
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 28:301-6. 2006..blood concentrations of diclofenac in human volunteers administered with the transdermal patches prepared with povidone-ethylcellulose and oral diclofenac tablets. Drug-excipient interaction studies were done using the FTIR technique...
- Fractionation of cells and subcellular particles with PercollH Pertoft
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Unit of Biochemistry, University of Uppsala BMC, Box 575, SE 75123, Uppsala, Sweden
J Biochem Biophys Methods 44:1-30. 2000..Furthermore, since Percoll media are inert, they are well suited for the separation of fragile elements like enveloped viruses...
- Spectroscopic and kinetic studies on the interaction of ketoconazole and povidone drugs with DDQM Pandeeswaran
Department of Chemistry, Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram 624302, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1082-8. 2008..and mechanism of the interaction between 2,3-dichloro-5,6-dicyano-1,4-benzoquinone (DDQ) and ketoconazole and povidone drugs has been investigated spectroscopically...
- Dissolution and precipitation behavior of amorphous solid dispersionsDavid E Alonzo
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Pharm Sci 100:3316-31. 2011..The supersaturation generated upon dissolution of the solid dispersions was maintained for biologically relevant timeframes for the HPMC dispersions, whereas PVP appeared to be a less effective crystallization inhibitor...
- Preparation and in vitro evaluation of povidone-sodium cholate-phospholipid mixed micelles for the solubilization of poorly soluble drugsYuan Zhu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, 212013, China
Arch Pharm Res 33:911-7. 2010..1 h. Our results suggest that these mixed micelles might have significant potential application to the biomedical field...
- Comparing pain control and ability to eat and drink with standard therapy vs Gelclair: a preliminary, double centre, randomised controlled trial on patients with radiotherapy-induced oral mucositisClaire Barber
RD and E NHS Foundation Trust, Barrack Rd, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5DW, UK
Support Care Cancer 15:427-40. 2007..The aim of this randomised-controlled trial was to evaluate the efficacy of Gelclair, as compared to standard therapy, as a means of short-term symptom control for patients suffering from radiotherapy-induced OM...
- Toward understanding the high PDT efficacy of chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidone formulations: photophysical and molecular aspects of photosensitizer-polymer interaction in vitroH A Isakau
Scientific Pharmaceutical Center, RUE Belmedpreparaty, Fabritsius Street 30, 220007 Minsk, Belarus
J Photochem Photobiol B 92:165-74. 2008..Possible scenarios of how the presence of PVP can favorably affect the PDT efficacy of chlorin e6 in Ce6-PVP formulations are discussed...
- Anaphylaxis to povidone in a childC Pedrosa
Paediatric Allergy Unit, Gaia Hospital, Gaia, Portugal
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:361-2. 2005b>Povidone is an allergic agent present in numerous substances, food and medicines...
- Improving the dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drug by solid dispersion and solid solution: pros and consRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Drug Deliv 14:33-45. 2007..Therefore, considering physical stability and in vivo study results, the solid dispersion was the most suitable choice to improve dissolution rates and hence the bioavailability of the poorly water soluble drug...
- Sustained release pellets based on poly(N-isopropyl acrylamide): matrix and in situ photopolymerization-coated systemsMarcos Mayo-Pedrosa
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Pharm Sci 96:93-105. 2007..In situ formation and cross-linking of PNIPA on the pellet appears as a feasible way for controlling drug release...
- Investigation of excipient and processing on solid phase transformation and dissolution of ciprofloxacinXianwen Li
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Minjiang University, No 1 Wenxian Road, Shangjie Town, Minhou County, Fuzhou, Fujian 350108, PR China
Int J Pharm 328:177-82. 2007....
- Stable carbamazepine colloidal systems using the cosolvent techniqueD Douroumis
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Jena, Lessingstrasse 8, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 30:367-74. 2007..Suspension stability was evaluated over 5 months where the particle size remained constant. FT-Raman studies showed the existence of form I within the stable CBZ suspensions...
- Characterization and taste-masking evaluation of acetaminophen granules: comparison between different preparation methods in a high-shear mixerBeatrice Albertini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Via S Donato 19 2, 40127, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 21:295-303. 2004..In conclusion, the steam granulation technique resulted a suitable method to comply the purpose of this work, without modifying the availability of the drug...
- Development of starch-based pellets via extrusion/spheronisationAleksandra Dukić
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:83-94. 2007..2), low friability (<0.01%), fast disintegration (<10 min) and complete drug release in less than 20 min for all formulations, demonstrated the potential of this modified starch in formulations intended for extrusion/spheronisation...
- Enhancement of dissolution rate of valdecoxib using solid dispersions with polyethylene glycol 4000Chengsheng Liu
Life Science College, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:1-10. 2005..The SEM pictures showed the formation of effective SDs of valdecoxib with PEG 4000, since well-defined changes in the surface nature of valdecoxib, SDs, and physical mixture were observed...
- Preparation of glass solutions of three poorly water soluble drugs by spray drying, melt extrusion and ball millingJames E Patterson
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 336:22-34. 2007..The dissolution of the spray-dried material was generally poor, compared to melt extruded and ball milled products. This was probably due to rapid dissolution of PVP from the small particles of the spray-dried products...
- Comparative effects of some hydrophilic excipients on the rate of gabapentin and baclofen lactamization in lyophilized formulationsAnnalisa Cutrignelli
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Via Orabona 4, 70125 Bari, Italy
Int J Pharm 332:98-106. 2007..Water may provide a favourable environment for degradation. These findings, taken together, should be considered during the selection of excipients for a possible formulation of gabapentin and baclofen...
- Ibuprofen extrudate, a novel, rapidly dissolving ibuprofen formulation: relative bioavailability compared to ibuprofen lysinate and regular ibuprofen, and food effect on all formulationsMatthias Klueglich
Human Pharmacology Centre Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 45:1055-61. 2005
- Stabilization of solid dispersions of nimodipine and polyethylene glycol 2000Nora Anne Urbanetz
Institut für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 28:67-76. 2006..polyacrylic acid, polyvinyl alcohol and povidone K17 were included in the study...
- Spray drying for generation of a ternary amorphous system of celecoxib, PVP, and megluminePiyush Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Formulations, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Punjab, India
Pharm Dev Technol 10:273-81. 2005..This technique can serve as a suitable means for generating a ready-to-formulate amorphous drug-additive(s) composite that can be directly filled into hard gelatin capsules...
- HyperDSC studies of amorphous polyvinylpyrrolidone in a model wet granulation systemGraham Buckton
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 312:61-5. 2006..We believe that this is the first measurement of in situ properties of a binder in this way and opens the possibility of studies on formulated systems...
- Stability study of amorphous valdecoxibAnshuman A Ambike
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Center, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune 411038, Maharashtra, India
Int J Pharm 282:151-62. 2004..The study thus definitely reveals tremendous potential of solid dispersions of valdecoxib with PVP, from stability point of view...
- Solid state and dissolution rate characterization of co-ground mixtures of nifedipine and hydrophilic carriersH Friedrich
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, Berlin, Germany
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:719-28. 2005..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) measurements gave valuable information about the nature of drug crystallinity and the interactions with the carriers within the ground mixtures...
- The influence of granulation on super disintegrant performanceNa Zhao
Univeristy of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 11:47-53. 2006..Due to the size increase following granulation, a higher addition level of super disintegrant is required to ensure fast and uniform disintegration of tablets prepared by granulation...
- Fluidity and tableting characteristics of a powder solid dispersion of the low melting drugs ketoprofen and ibuprofen with crospovidoneYusuke Shibata
Showa Pharmaceutical University, 3 3165 Higashi Tamagawagakuen, Machida, Tokyo, 194 8543, Japan
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 32:449-56. 2006..However, addition of 1% MS, lowered the SP value and eliminated sticking. Thus, an SD of compounds with a low melting point such as KP or IP is suitable for tablet manufacture by direct compression with the addition of 1% MS...
- Spray-dried amorphous solid dispersions of simvastatin, a low tg drug: in vitro and in vivo evaluationsAnshuman A Ambike
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune, 411 038, Maharashtra, India
Pharm Res 22:990-8. 2005....
- Development of a single unit extended release formulation for ZK 811 752, a weakly basic drugH Kranz
Pharmaceutical Development, Schering AG, D 13342 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 26:47-53. 2005..An extended release matrix tablet for ZK 811 752 consisting of drug, polymer and organic acid providing the desired pH-independent drug release has been developed...
- Stability and solubility of celecoxib-PVP amorphous dispersions: a molecular perspectivePiyush Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Formulations, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sector 67, Phase X, SAS Nagar, Punjab 160 062, India
Pharm Res 21:1762-9. 2004....
- Formulation of solid dosage forms to overcome gastric pH interaction of the factor Xa inhibitor, BMS-561389Sherif I Farag Badawy
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, One Squibb Drive, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Pharm Res 23:989-96. 2006....
- Formulation and characterisation of tetracycline-containing bioadhesive polymer networks designed for the treatment of periodontal diseaseDavid S Jones
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
Curr Drug Deliv 1:17-25. 2004..Based on the drug release, rheological and textural properties, it is suggested that the formulation containing 15% w/w PMVE-MA, 6% w/w PVP and tetracycline hydrochloride (5% w/w) may be useful for the treatment of periodontal disease...
- In vitro-in vivo characterization of release modifying agents for parenteral sustained-release ketorolac formulationV Puri
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Formulations, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:619-26. 2004..Glyceryl monooloeate-based formulation produced the most favorable drug blood concentration vs. time profile...
- Evaluation of hydroperoxides in common pharmaceutical excipientsWalter R Wasylaschuk
Pharmaceutical Analysis Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, P O Box 4, WP78 210, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:106-16. 2007..b>Povidone, polysorbate 80 (PS80), polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, and hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) were found to contain ..
- Influence of Eudragit NE 30 D blended with Eudragit L 30 D-55 on the release of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride from coated pelletsWeijia Zheng
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:357-66. 2003..The presence of Eudragit L 30 D-55 also produced a film coating that was less tacky, and a dispersion of Eudragit NE 30 D containing Eudragit L 30 D-55 (5:1) was shown to prevent agglomeration of the pellets during coating and storage...
- Comparison of the effect of tromethamine and polyvinylpyrrolidone on dissolution properties and analgesic effect of nimesulideHamdy Abdelkader
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Minia University, Minia, Egypt
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E65. 2007..Thus, the solubilizing power, dissolution-enhancing effect, and analgesic effect enhancer ability toward the drug make Tris particularly suitable for developing a reduced-dose, fast-release solid oral dosage form of nimesulide...
- The potential of small-scale fusion experiments and the Gordon-Taylor equation to predict the suitability of drug/polymer blends for melt extrusionA Forster
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, New Zealand
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 27:549-60. 2001..The use of beaker melts allows a conservative estimate of the potential to melt extrude a drug. To predict physical stability, analysis of the Tg must be combined with physical stability experiments...
- pH-independent drug release of an extremely poorly soluble weakly acidic drug from multiparticulate extended release formulationsTherese Riis
Pharmaceutical Development, Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 65:78-84. 2007..Compound release from mini matrix tablets prepared by wet granulation was faster compared to the drug release from tablets prepared by direct compression...
- Subcoating with Kollidon VA 64 as water barrier in a new combined native dextran/HPMC-cetyl alcohol controlled release tabletEddy Castellanos Gil
Center of Pharmaceutical Chemistry CQF, Havana, Cuba
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:303-11. 2008..capsule) for initial time, one year and 2 two years, respectively) suggested that the dissolution profiles of the present three sustained-release oral dosage forms are similar and stable during two years under stability condition...
- Preparation of bilayer-core osmotic pump tablet by coating the indented core tabletLongxiao Liu
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, PR China
Int J Pharm 352:225-30. 2008..It might be promising in the field of preparation of bilayer-core OPT...
- Formulation and characterization of ternary solid dispersions made up of Itraconazole and two excipients, TPGS 1000 and PVPVA 64, that were selected based on a supersaturation screening studySandrien Janssens
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:158-66. 2008..The precipitation after 1h, however, is probably due to the combination of the surfactant properties of TPGS and the small crystalline Itraconazole fraction...
- Improved dissolution of oleanolic acid with ternary solid dispersionsLongxiao Liu
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, PR China
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E113. 2007..Moreover, the dissolution of ternary solid dispersion was faster compared with that of binary solid dispersion. Polysorbate 80 played an important positive role in dissolution of the solid dispersion...
- Solid-state interaction of stearic acid with povidone and its effect on dissolution stability of capsulesD Desai
Bristol Myers Squibb Co, PO Box 191, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0191, United States
Int J Pharm 354:77-81. 2008..The formulations of both drugs contained povidone as a binder and stearic acid as a lubricant...
- Process and formulation characterizations of the thermal adhesion granulation (TAG) process for improving granular propertiesHong Liang Lin
College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Pharm 357:206-12. 2008....
- Solid dispersions of dihydroartemisinin in polyvinylpyrrolidoneMuhammad Tayyab Ansari
Department of Pharmacy, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan Post Code 60800, Pakistan
Arch Pharm Res 31:390-8. 2008..e. dielectric constant, dipole moment and structure, influenced the amount of amorphousness and related properties of dihydroartemisinin...
- Synthesis and characterization of pectin/PVP hydrogel membranes for drug delivery systemRakesh K Mishra
Department of Polymer Science, Bundelkhand University, Jhansi 284128, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:395-403. 2008..It was found that tensile strength increases with increasing PVP ratios in the hydrogel membranes. The prepared hydrogel membranes were found to be biocompatible with B16 melanoma cells...
- Comparative study of propranolol hydrochloride release from matrix tablets with KollidonSR or hydroxy propyl methyl celluloseJ Sahoo
Royal College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Andhapasara Road, Berhampur 760002, Orissa, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:577-82. 2008..In conclusion, the in vitro release profile and the mathematical models indicate that release of propranolol hydrochloride can be effectively controlled from a single tablet using HPMC K15M or KollidonSR matrix system...
- Preparation, characterization and in vitro evaluation of solid dispersions containing docetaxelJie Chen
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:588-94. 2008..These results show that solid dispersion is a promising approach of developing docetaxel drug formulates...
- Formulation of fast disintegrating tablets of ternary solid dispersions consisting of TPGS 1000 and HPMC 2910 or PVPVA 64 to improve the dissolution of the anti-HIV drug UC 781Caroline Goddeeris
Laboratory of Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Catholic University of Leuven, O and N2, 9 921, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 34:293-302. 2008..Amorphous TPGS 1000 clusters occurred in PVPVA 64 and HPMC 2910 formulations upon addition of at least 10% (w/w) UC 781, showing extremely low glass transition temperatures depending of the thermal history of the samples...
- Raman and thermal analysis of indomethacin/PVP solid dispersion enteric microparticlesAdamo Fini
Dipartimento SMETEC, University of Bologna, Via San Donato 15, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:409-20. 2008..Finally, the coating with stearic acid is discussed as a determining process for the practical application of solid dispersions...
- Characterization and physical stability of spray dried solid dispersions of probucol and PVP-K30Pia Thybo
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharm Dev Technol 13:375-86. 2008..The stabilizing effect of the polymer was verified in the solid state, as all the SDs retained probucol in the amorphous state throughout the entire length of the stability study...
- Stabilization of low glass transition temperature indomethacin formulations: impact of polymer-type and its concentrationRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:2286-98. 2008..The presence of specific molecular interactions between INM and EPO was also shown by the antiplasticization effect...
- Development of spray-dried co-precipitate of amorphous celecoxib containing storage and compression stabilizersRavindra S Dhumal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Erandawane, Pune 411038 Maharashtra, India
Acta Pharm 57:287-300. 2007..The present study demonstrates the synergistic effect of combining two types of stabilizers, PVP and CAR, on the stability of amorphous drug during compression and storage as compared to their effect when used alone...
- Sudden rise of crystal growth rate of nifedipine near T(g) without and with polyvinylpyrrolidoneHajime Ishida
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1131-8. 2007..The presence of 1% or 2% PVP had little effect on the growth rate near T(g) + 50 K, but reduced the growth rate by 100-fold at T(g) + 9 K. These kinetic features are relevant to predicting the stability of amorphous drugs...
- Increasing the aqueous solubility of acetaminophen in the presence of polyvinylpyrrolidone and investigation of the mechanisms involvedH Afrasiabi Garekani
School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:173-9. 2003..Therefore, the increase in solubility of acetaminophen in the presence of PVP is probably attributed to its ability to form a water-soluble complex with PVP...
- Modified release of coated sugar spheres using drug-containing polymeric dispersionsTae Wan Kim
National Research Laboratory for Bioavailability Control, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:124-30. 2007..The solubilization and controlled release of poorly water-soluble drugs can be achieved as both the solubilizers and drugs are present in the drug-containing polymeric dispersions...
- Investigating the effects of excipients on the powder flow characteristics of theophylline anhydrous powder formulationsKaren M Nagel
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:277-87. 2003..The effect of each component on powder flow is discussed...
- Processing-induced phase transitions of theophylline--implications on the dissolution of theophylline tabletsJaidev S Tantry
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, 308 Harvard Street SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1434-44. 2007....
- Evaluation of the disintegration time of rapidly disintegrating tablets via a novel method utilizing a CCD cameraYutaka Morita
EMP R and D Section, Eisai Co, Ltd, Honjo, Saitama, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1181-6. 2002..e., morphological changes in the tablet during disintegration. This method is useful for the evaluation of the disintegration of RDT during pharmaceutical development, and also for quality control during production...
- Physicochemical characterization and dissolution study of solid dispersions of Lovastatin with polyethylene glycol 4000 and polyvinylpyrrolidone K30R P Patel
Department of Pharmaceutics, S K Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ganpat University, Ganpat Vidyanagar, Kherva, Gujarat, India
Pharm Dev Technol 12:21-33. 2007..Tablets containing solid dispersion prepared with PEG and PVP showed significant improvement in the release profile Lovastatin compared with tablets containing Lovastatin without PEG or PVP...
- Processing of nimesulide-PEG 400-PG-PVP solid dispersions: preparation, characterization, and in vitro dissolutionM C Gohel
Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology Department, L M College of Pharmacy, Navarangpura, Ahmedabad, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:299-310. 2003..Significant improvement in drug dissolution was observed (Q120 = 70%), compared with pure drug powder (Q120 = 15%). In conclusion, dissolution of nimesulide can be modulated using an appropriate blend of pharmaceutical adjuvants...
- Liquisolid technique for dissolution rate enhancement of a high dose water-insoluble drug (carbamazepine)Yousef Javadzadeh
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Pharm 341:26-34. 2007..The results of DSC and X-ray crystallography did not show any changes in crystallinity of the drug and interaction between carbamazepine and exipients during the process...
- Improved bioavailability of aceclofenac from spherical agglomerates: development, in vitro and preclinical studiesS Muatlik
Department of Pharmaceutics, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal 576104, Karnataka State, India
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:218-26. 2007..These optimized agglomerates showed rapid analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity besides exhibiting improved bioavailability of drug when compared to pure drug...
- Modulation of drug release kinetics from hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose matrix tablets using polyvinyl pyrrolidoneIan J Hardy
Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Merck Sharp and Dohme Ltd, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 9BU, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 337:246-53. 2007..A validated mathematical model is also presented which allows drug release profiles to be reliably predicted based on the initial HPMC and PVP content in the tablet...
- Fast disintegrating tablets containing Rhodiola rosea L. extractAgne Kucinskaite
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Social Pharmacy, Kaunas University of Medicine, A Mickeviciaus 9, 44307 Kaunas, Lithuania
Acta Pol Pharm 64:63-7. 2007..The tablets containing microcrystalline cellulose as a filler, povidone as a binder and crospovidone as a disintegrant were stable during 6 months storage at 25 degrees C/60% RH, ..
- Formulation design of carbamazepine fast-release tablets prepared by melt granulation techniqueBeatrice Perissutti
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Trieste, Piazzale Europa 1, 34127, Trieste, Italy
Int J Pharm 256:53-63. 2003..Moreover, the extragranular addition of a small amount of crospovidone gave rise to a further amelioration of the disintegration and dissolution performances...
- Comparison of the effects of commonly used wound agents on epithelialization and neovascularizationD Kjolseth
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Louisville, KY 40292
J Am Coll Surg 179:305-12. 1994..topical wound agents (bacitracin, sodium hypochlorite, silver nitrate, silver sulfadiazine, mafenide acetate, and povidone-iodine) on epithelialization and neovascularization in noninfected wounds...
- Conservative management of necrotizing fascitis in childrenAshish Wakhlu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, King George Medical University, Lucknow 226 003, India
J Pediatr Surg 41:1144-8. 2006..This paper reports conservative management of 18 patients with NF with minimal morbidity and mortality...
- Thyroid hormone metabolism in pediatric cardiac patients treated by continuous povidone-iodine irrigation for deep sternal wound infectionL Kovacikova
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Children s University Hospital, Limbova 1, 833 40, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:1037-41. 2002The purpose of this study was to assess the influence of povidone-iodine mediastinal irrigation used for the treatment of deep sternal wound infection (DSWI) on thyroid function.
- Stability indicating validated HPLC method for quantification of levothyroxine with eight degradation peaks in the presence of excipientsR B Shah
Division of Product Quality Research, Office of Testing and Research, Office of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, USA
Int J Pharm 360:77-82. 2008..The method was used in the presence of commonly used formulation excipients such as butylated hydroxyanisole, povidone, crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium, mannitol, sucrose, acacia, lactose monohydrate, confectionary sugar, ..
- ["Iodine allergy": point of view]P Dewachter
Service d Anesthésie Réanimation Chirurgicale, CHU, Hopital Central, 29, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:40-52. 2005..The aim of this literature review is to suggest a diagnostic and a preventive attitude in patients having presented an immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to an iodinated drug...
- Feasibility of interstitial CT lymphography using optimized iodized oil emulsion in ratsYong Eun Chung
Department of Radiology, Yonsei University Health System, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Invest Radiol 45:142-8. 2010..To formulate an iodine-based contrast agent with an oil-in-water emulsion and to evaluate the feasibility of the agent for use as an interstitial computed tomographic (CT) lymphographic agent in a normal rat model...
- Preoperative skin preparation of the foot and ankle: bristles and alcohol are betterDavid J Keblish
Brigham Foot and Ankle Center, Faulkner Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:986-92. 2005..gt;70% of aerobic bacterial cultures of specimens taken from the nail folds following skin preparation with povidone-iodine were positive...
- Randomised equivalency trial comparing 2.5% povidone-iodine eye drops and ophthalmic chloramphenicol for preventing neonatal conjunctivitis in a trachoma endemic area in southern MexicoMarco A Ramirez-Ortiz
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gomez, Calle Doctor Marquez 162, Colonia Doctores, CP 06720, Mexico City, Mexico
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1430-4. 2007To evaluate the effectiveness of 2.5% povidone-iodine eye drops (PIED) compared with ophthalmic chloramphenicol (OC) for preventing neonatal conjunctivitis.
- A study of comparison of efficacy and safety of talc and povidone iodine for pleurodesis of malignant pleural effusionsSibes Kumar Das
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata 700014
J Indian Med Assoc 106:589-90, 592. 2008..The present study is to compare the effectiveness and safety of talc and povidone iodine as chemical agents for pleurodesis in patients of malignant pleural effusion...
- Antibiotic sensitivities of Streptococcus pneumoniae, viridans streptococci, and group A hemolytic streptococci isolated from the maxillary and ethmoid sinusesErol Keles
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 16:18-24. 2006....
- Evaluation of disinfected casts poured in gypsum with gum arabic and calcium hydroxide additivesKhalid M Abdelaziz
Department of Dental Materials, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 92:27-34. 2004..Disinfection of stone casts is an important measure for the control of cross-contamination. Many approaches have been used to disinfect stone casts, but information regarding the accuracy of the resultant casts is limited...
- Quality control in chronic wound management: the role of local povidone-iodine (Betadine) therapyJudit Daroczy
Department of Dermatology and Lymphology, St Stephan Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Dermatology 212:82-7. 2006..Stasis dermatitis related to chronic venous insufficiency accompanied by infected superficial ulcers must be differentiated from erysipelas, cellulitis and contact eczema...
- INTRAVAGINAL PRODUCTS EFFECT ON VAGINAL PHYSIOLOGYDavid Eschenbach; Fiscal Year: 1999..spermicide containing nonoxynol-9, commonly used vaginal douche products, including one that contains povidone-iodine, the intravaginal instillation of hydrogen peroxide producing Lactobacillus, and menopause before and ..
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..regimen that will be evaluated will include ultrasonic bacterial curettage, local antimicrobial treatment with povidone-iodine irrigation, and oral systemic antibiotics (doxycycline or metronidizole)...
- Biofilm matrix-degrading enzymes for the treatment and prevention of S. aureus-asJeffrey B Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Topical biocides will include povidone iodine and chlorhexidine gluconate...
- Plasmalemma permeability and necroptosis: New targets for intracerebral hemoMichael J Whalen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Completion of these Aims will establish necrosis as central to ICH, and may establish VA64 and necrostatins as novel therapies for ICH. ..
- Scientific Basis of Iodine-Fluoride Varnish in Preventing Dental CariesR MIKE SHIRTCLIFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this Phase I application is to determine the technical and scientific feasibility of using a combination povidone-iodine (PVP-I)-5% sodium fluoride (NaF) varnish as a potential commercial product to prevent dental caries...
- Improving Clinical Outcomes for Early Chilhood CariesRobert Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Suppressing oral MS reservoirs with an anti-microbial agent is a promising approach. In this regard, 10% povidone iodine is approved as a presurgical disinfectant to the skin and mucous membranes of children and preliminary ..
- Suspended microchannels for biomolecular detectionSCOTT MANALIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The suspended microchannels will also be useful for enabling point-of-care medical diagnostics. ..
- Integrated system for cancer biomarker detectionSCOTT MANALIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The system will be batch fabricated by conventional foundry-level micromachining processes to enable widespread and low-cost distribution for point-of-care applications. ..
- Impact of adolescent pregnancy on nutritional statusJoanne Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Measures of nutritional status at birth include weight, length, head, chest and mid upper arm circumference. Growth of these infants through 6 months of age will also be examined, as will hemoglobin and serum retinol at 3 months of age. ..
- Artificial Cornea Based on Photolithographically Patterned, Biomimetic HydrogelsChristopher N Ta; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Determine the skirt design for optimal stromal tissue integration by evaluating in vitro and in vivo stromal wound healing within photolithographically patterned, microperforated hydrogel arrays. ..