Genomes and Genes
Summary: One of the three polypeptide chains that make up the TROPONIN complex. It inhibits F-actin-myosin interactions.
Publications346 found, 100 shown here
- Sensitive troponin I assay in early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarctionTill Keller
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
N Engl J Med 361:868-77. 2009Cardiac troponin testing is central to the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. We evaluated a sensitive troponin I assay for the early diagnosis and risk stratification of myocardial infarction.
- Regulation of cardiac contractile function by troponin I phosphorylationJoanne Layland
Cardiovascular Division, King s College, London SE5 9PJ, UK
Cardiovasc Res 66:12-21. 2005Cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is a key regulatory protein in cardiac muscle contraction and relaxation, linking Ca(2+)-troponin C binding with activation of crossbridge reactions with the thin filament...
- Determination of 19 cardiac troponin I and T assay 99th percentile values from a common presumably healthy populationFred S Apple
Hennepin County Medical Center Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Clin Chem 58:1574-81. 2012..Between-assay comparability of 99th percentiles for cardiac troponin concentrations has not been assessed systematically in a single population for a large number of assays...
- Serial changes in highly sensitive troponin I assay and early diagnosis of myocardial infarctionTill Keller
Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, University Heart Center Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
JAMA 306:2684-93. 2011..Introduction of highly sensitive troponin assays into clinical practice has substantially improved the evaluation of patients with chest pain...
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines: Clinical characteristics and utilization of biochemical markers in acute coronary syndromesDavid A Morrow
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 115:e356-75. 2007
- Haemodialysis patients longitudinally assessed by highly sensitive cardiac troponin T and commercial cardiac troponin T and cardiac troponin I assaysLeo H Jacobs
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht 6202 AZ, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Biochem 46:283-90. 2009..This study compares the performance of a precommercial high-sensitive cTnT assay (hs-cTnT) with two contemporary cTn assays in detecting cTn elevations in ESRD patients during a six-month follow-up...
- Prevalence and pathophysiological mechanisms of elevated cardiac troponin I levels in a population-based sample of elderly subjectsKai M Eggers
Department of Medical Sciences, Cardiology, Uppsala University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Heart J 29:2252-8. 2008To evaluate the prevalence of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) elevation in an elderly community population and the association of cTnI levels with cardiovascular risk factors, vascular inflammation, atherosclerosis, cardiac performance, and ..
- Prognostic value of troponin T and I among asymptomatic patients with end-stage renal disease: a meta-analysisNadia A Khan
Division of Internal Medicine, University of British Columbia, Canada
Circulation 112:3088-96. 2005..uncertainty of troponin as a prognostic tool, we conducted a systematic review to quantify the association between elevated troponin I or T and long-term total mortality among ESRD patients not suspected of having acute coronary syndrome.
- Prognostic value of cardiac troponin I measured with a highly sensitive assay in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseTorbjørn Omland
Department of Cardiology, Division of Medicine, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:1240-9. 2013The aims of this study were to assess the prognostic value of cardiac troponin I levels, measured with a new high-sensitivity assay, in low-risk patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD) and to contrast its determinants and ..
- Prospective evaluation of the prognostic implications of improved assay performance with a sensitive assay for cardiac troponin IMarc Bonaca
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2118-24. 2010The purpose of this study was to investigate the prognostic implications of low-level increases in cardiac troponin I (cTnI) using a current-generation sensitive assay in patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Structure of the core domain of human cardiac troponin in the Ca(2+)-saturated formSoichi Takeda
Laboratory for Structural Biochemistry, RIKEN Harima Institute at SPring 8, Mikazuki, Sayo, Hyogo, Japan
Nature 424:35-41. 2003....
- The troponin complex and regulation of muscle contractionC S Farah
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
FASEB J 9:755-67. 1995..the Ca(2+)-binding signal must be transmitted to the thin filament via the other two troponin subunits: troponin I (TnI), the inhibitory subunit, and troponin T (TnT), the tropomyosin-binding subunit...
- Developing multiplexed assays for troponin I and interleukin-33 in plasma by peptide immunoaffinity enrichment and targeted mass spectrometryEric Kuhn
Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Clin Chem 55:1108-17. 2009..As proof of principle, we configured SISCAPA assays for troponin I (cTnI), an established biomarker of cardiac injury, and interleukin 33 (IL-33), an emerging immunological and ..
- Multimarker approach to risk stratification in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes: simultaneous assessment of troponin I, C-reactive protein, and B-type natriuretic peptideMarc S Sabatine
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 105:1760-3. 2002In patients with acute coronary syndromes (ACS), troponin I (TnI), C-reactive protein (CRP), and B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) each predict adverse cardiac events...
- Usefulness of serial assessment of B-type natriuretic peptide, troponin I, and C-reactive protein to predict left ventricular remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (from the REVE-2 study)Marie Fertin
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France
Am J Cardiol 106:1410-6. 2010..Our aim was to study the association of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP), cardiac troponin I (cTnI), and C-reactive protein with LV remodeling after MI...
- Implementation of a sensitive troponin I assay and risk of recurrent myocardial infarction and death in patients with suspected acute coronary syndromeNicholas L Mills
University British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Chancellor s Bldg, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, Scotland
JAMA 305:1210-6. 2011....
- Combinatorial cis-acting elements control tissue-specific activation of the cardiac troponin I gene in vitro and in vivoR Di Lisi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, 35121 Padova, Italy
J Biol Chem 273:25371-80. 1998The cardiac troponin I gene is one of the few sarcomeric protein genes exclusively expressed in cardiac muscle...
- Circulating miRNAs reflect early myocardial injury and recovery after heart transplantationEnshi Wang
State Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease, Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100037, People s Republic of China
J Cardiothorac Surg 8:165. 2013..In this study, we monitored early myocardial injury and recovery after heart transplantation by detecting levels of circulating muscle-specific miR-133a, miR-133b and miR-208a...
- S-glutathionylation of troponin I (fast) increases contractile apparatus Ca2+ sensitivity in fast-twitch muscle fibres of rats and humansJ P Mollica
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, 3086, Australia
J Physiol 590:1443-63. 2012..5 treatments caused marked S-glutathionylation of the fast troponin I isoform (TnI(f)) present in type II fibres, but not of troponin C (TnC) or myosin light chain 2...
- A mutation in the N-terminus of troponin I that is associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy affects the Ca(2+)-sensitivity, phosphorylation kinetics and proteolytic susceptibility of troponinAldrin V Gomes
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1600 N W 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 39:754-65. 2005The first human cardiac troponin I (hcTnI) mutation in the N-terminal 32 residue region, R21C (arginine residue number 21 mutated to cysteine), which has been linked to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), has recently been reported...
- Top-down quantitative proteomics identified phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I as a candidate biomarker for chronic heart failureJiang Zhang
School of Medicine and Public Health and School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, United States
J Proteome Res 10:4054-65. 2011..We systematically analyzed 36 clinical human heart tissue samples and identified phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) as a candidate biomarker for CHF...
- Protein kinase D is a novel mediator of cardiac troponin I phosphorylation and regulates myofilament functionRobert S Haworth
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London, UK
Circ Res 95:1091-9. 2004..Yeast 2-hybrid screening of a human cardiac library, using the PKD catalytic domain as bait, identified cardiac troponin I (cTnI), myosin-binding protein C (cMyBP-C), and telethonin as PKD-interacting proteins...
- Troponin phosphorylation and regulatory function in human heart muscle: dephosphorylation of Ser23/24 on troponin I could account for the contractile defect in end-stage heart failureAndrew E Messer
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:247-59. 2007..1 mol Pi/mol). However, troponin I phosphorylation was significantly lower in failing (0.37+/-0...
- A model for troponin I as a quantitative predictor of in-hospital mortalityDaniel A Waxman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1755-62. 2006We evaluated log-transformed troponin I as a predictor of mortality in 2 independent populations.
- Characterization of the mechanisms of the increase in PPARδ expression induced by digoxin in the heart using the H9c2 cell lineZhih Cherng Chen
Department of Cardiology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Yong Kang City, Tainan County, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 163:390-8. 2011Digoxin has been used as an inotropic agent in heart failure for a long time. Troponin I (TnI) phosphorylation is related to cardiac contractility, and the genes are regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs)...
- Phosphorylation of troponin I controls cardiac twitch dynamics: evidence from phosphorylation site mutants expressed on a troponin I-null background in miceYeQing Pi
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Circ Res 90:649-56. 2002The cardiac myofilament protein troponin I (cTnI) is phosphorylated by protein kinase C (PKC), a family of serine/threonine kinases activated within heart muscle by a variety of agonists...
- Release of cardiac troponin in acute coronary syndromes: ischemia or necrosis?A H Wu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hartford Hospital, CT, USA
Clin Chim Acta 284:161-74. 1999..Jeopardized myocardial tissue can recover with acute recanalization. Support for this model comes from clinical observations and animal studies...
- Mechanisms of cytosolic targeting of matrix metalloproteinase-2Mohammad A M Ali
Department of Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Centre, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Cell Physiol 227:3397-404. 2012..MMP-2 also localizes to intracellular compartments and the cytosol where it has several substrates, including troponin I (TnI)...
- Cardiac troponin I levels measured with a high-sensitive assay increase over time and are strong predictors of mortality in an elderly populationKai M Eggers
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:1906-13. 2013..This study sought to assess changes in troponin levels, underlying conditions, and the prognostic implications in elderly subjects from the community...
- Subclinical myocardial necrosis and cardiovascular risk in stable patients undergoing elective cardiac evaluationW H Wilson Tang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk J3 4, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:634-40. 2010..Herein, we examine the relationship between different degrees of subclinical myocardial necrosis and long-term adverse clinical outcomes within a stable cardiac patient population with essentially normal renal function...
- Frequency of elevated troponin I and diagnosis of acute myocardial infarctionUsman Javed
Division of Cardiology, UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program, Fresno, CA, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:9-13. 2009..evaluated the incidence and type of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in a consecutive population with increased troponin I (TnI). AMI has recently been redefined and subclassified...
- Cardiac thin filament regulationTomoyoshi Kobayashi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pflugers Arch 457:37-46. 2008..Here, we review current knowledge regarding protein-protein interactions involved in the dynamics of thin filament activation and relaxation and the regulation of these processes by protein kinase-mediated phosphorylation...
- Plasma 99th percentile reference limits for cardiac troponin and creatine kinase MB mass for use with European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology consensus recommendationsFred S Apple
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Hennepin County Medical Center and the University of Minnesota School of Medicine, 701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Clin Chem 49:1331-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the plasma (heparin) 99th percentile reference limits for the leading in vitro diagnostic cardiac troponin and CKMB mass assays...
- Intracellular targets of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in cardiac disease: rationale and therapeutic approachesRichard Schulz
Cardiovascular Research Group, Departments of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 47:211-42. 2007..MMP-2 proteolyzes specific targets within the cell to cause acute, reversible contractile dysfunction. Inhibitors of MMPs are discussed and their possible use for the therapy of acute heart injury caused by oxidative stress is examined...
- Serum cardiac troponin I in acute stroke is related to serum cortisol and TNF-alphaHanne Christensen
Department of Neurology, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cerebrovasc Dis 18:194-9. 2004Serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is a specific marker of myocardial injury related to in-patient fatality and cardiac injury in acute stroke...
- Myofilament length dependent activationPieter P de Tombe
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL 60153, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:851-8. 2010....
- Cardiac troponin I is associated with impaired hemodynamics, progressive left ventricular dysfunction, and increased mortality rates in advanced heart failureTamara B Horwich
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, UCLA Division of Cardiology, 47 123 CHS, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 108:833-8. 2003Cardiac troponin I (cTnI), a sensitive and specific marker of myocardial cell injury, is useful in diagnosing and assessing prognosis in acute coronary syndromes...
- Identification and functional characterization of cardiac troponin I as a novel disease gene in autosomal dominant dilated cardiomyopathySebastian Carballo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford United Kingdom
Circ Res 105:375-82. 2009..One contractile protein gene well known as a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy disease gene, but with no reported mutation in autosomal dominant DCM, is TNNI3 which encodes cardiac troponin I.
- Cardiotoxicity after anthracycline chemotherapy in breast carcinoma: effects on left ventricular ejection fraction, troponin I and brain natriuretic peptideMauro Feola
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Heart Failure Unit Ospedale SS Trinita Fossano, Italy
Int J Cardiol 148:194-8. 2011..We planned to evaluate the early and 2-year modification of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) and the effects of chemotherapy on troponin I and neurohormonal assessment.
- Mutations in the cardiac troponin I gene associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyA Kimura
Department of Tissue Physiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Nat Genet 16:379-82. 1997..elements in cardiac muscle, we have systematically characterized the cardiac sarcomere genes, including cardiac troponin I (cTnI), cardiac actin (cACT) and cardiac troponin C (cTnC) in 184 unrelated patients with HCM and found ..
- Roles of phosphorylation of myosin binding protein-C and troponin I in mouse cardiac muscle twitch dynamicsCarl W Tong
336 Reynolds Medical Building, Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Medical Physiology, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
J Physiol 558:927-41. 2004..We hypothesize that phosphorylation of myosin binding protein-C (MyBP-C) and troponin I (TnI) acts coordinately to change the rates of force generation and relaxation, respectively...
- Protein kinase A type I and type II define distinct intracellular signaling compartmentsGiulietta Di Benedetto
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, Padova, Italy
Circ Res 103:836-44. 2008..The selective activation of individual PKA isoforms thus leads to phosphorylation of unique subsets of downstream targets...
- Ablation of ventricular myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylation in mice causes cardiac dysfunction in situ and affects neighboring myofilament protein phosphorylationSarah B Scruggs
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 284:5097-106. 2009..in ejection duration together with a depression in phosphorylation of myosin-binding protein-C (MyBP-C) and troponin I (TnI)...
- Troponin I as a predictor of coronary heart disease and mortality in 70-year-old men: a community-based cohort studyBjorn Zethelius
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Geriatrics, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Circulation 113:1071-8. 2006Cardiac troponin I (cTnI), a standard for detection of myocardial damage, has recently been reported to predict acute myocardial infarction or death in patients with unstable coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Noncoding regulatory sequences of Ciona exhibit strong correspondence between evolutionary constraint and functional importanceDavid S Johnson
Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5324, USA
Genome Res 14:2448-56. 2004..Using the Troponin I (TnI) locus as a case study, we show that more refined local sequence analyses can then be used to reveal ..
- Cardiac troponins and renal function in nondialysis patients with chronic kidney diseaseNasir A Abbas
Department of Renal Medicine, East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust, Canterbury, UK
Clin Chem 51:2059-66. 2005..The data on cardiac troponin I (cTnI) are more variable than those for cardiac troponin T (cTnT)...
- Idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy is part of the clinical expression of cardiac troponin I mutationsJens Mogensen
Department of Cardiological Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 111:209-16. 2003..Linkage analysis to selected sarcomeric contractile protein genes identified cardiac troponin I (TNNI3) as the likely disease gene...
- Randomized trial of atorvastatin for reduction of myocardial damage during coronary intervention: results from the ARMYDA (Atorvastatin for Reduction of MYocardial Damage during Angioplasty) studyVincenzo Pasceri
Interventional Cardiology Unit, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Circulation 110:674-8. 2004..Observational studies have suggested that statins may lower the risk of procedural myocardial injury. The aim of our study was to confirm this hypothesis in a randomized study...
- Biomarkers in acute cardiovascular diseaseJill Howie-Esquivel
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 23:124-31. 2008..An exciting potential exists for future biomarkers to demonstrate enhanced specificity and earlier detection of compromised myocardium...
- Ca2+-induced conformational transition in the inhibitory and regulatory regions of cardiac troponin IWen Ji Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 2041, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8686-92. 2003..Ca(2+) binding causes structural changes between cTnC and two critical regions of cardiac muscle troponin I (cTnI): the regulatory region (cTnI-R, residues 150-165) and the inhibitory region (cTnI-I, residues130-149)...
- Inhibition of CINC-1 decreases right ventricular damage caused by experimental pulmonary embolism in ratsJohn Zagorski
Department of Emergency Medicine, James G Cannon Research Center, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
J Immunol 179:7820-6. 2007..In addition, plasma concentration of cardiac troponin I, an established diagnostic marker for cardiac damage, was reduced by 90%...
- Altered NADH and improved function by anesthetic and ischemic preconditioning in guinea pig intact heartsMatthias L Riess
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H53-60. 2002..Our results indicate that IPC and APC cause distinctive changes in mitochondrial metabolism during ischemia and thus lead to improved function and tissue viability on reperfusion...
- Minor increases in plasma troponin I predict decreased left ventricular ejection fraction after high-dose chemotherapyMaria Teresa Sandri
Division of Pathology, Laboratory Medicine Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Clin Chem 49:248-52. 2003Increased cardiac troponin I (cTnI) in patients treated with high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) for aggressive malignancy has been proposed as an early marker of late HDCT-induced cardiac dysfunction...
- Serum cardiac troponin I is related to increased left ventricular wall thickness, left ventricular dysfunction, and male gender in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyToru Kubo
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Clin Cardiol 33:E1-7. 2010Serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is a sensitive and specific marker of myocardial injury. However, a systematic evaluation of cTnI in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) patients has not been performed.
- Role of monitoring changes in sensitive cardiac troponin I assay results for early diagnosis of myocardial infarction and prediction of risk of adverse eventsFred S Apple
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center and University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Clin Chem 55:930-7. 2009We sought to determine the diagnostic accuracy of the cardiac troponin I (cTnI) VITROS(R) Troponin I-ES assay for early detection of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and for risk prediction of adverse events in patients with symptoms of ..
- Increased cardiac troponin I as measured by a high-sensitivity assay is associated with high odds of cardiovascular death: the Minnesota Heart SurveyFred S Apple
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clin Chem 58:930-5. 2012....
- Cardiac troponin I but not cardiac troponin T induces severe autoimmune inflammation in the myocardiumStefan Göser
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Circulation 114:1693-702. 2006..Thus, the cardiac troponins are paramount for disease classification and risk stratification. However, little is known about the long-term effects of the released troponins on cardiac function...
- Trastuzumab-induced cardiotoxicity: clinical and prognostic implications of troponin I evaluationDaniela Cardinale
Cardiology Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:3910-6. 2010..The usefulness of troponin I (TNI) in the identification of patients at risk for TIC and in the prediction of LVEF recovery has never been ..
- Elevated serum cardiac troponin I in rhabdomyolysisGopikrishna Punukollu
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Int J Cardiol 96:35-40. 2004To examine the etiology and clinical significance of elevated serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) in patients with rhabdomyolysis.
- Thyroid hormone regulates slow skeletal troponin I gene inactivation in cardiac troponin I null mouse heartsX Huang
Department of Medical Physiology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 32:2221-8. 2000Two main troponin I genes, cardiac (cTnI) and slow skeletal (ssTnI), are expressed in the mammalian heart under the control of a developmentally regulated program...
- Cardiac Troponin I elevation after epileptic seizureNicole Sieweke
Departments of Neurology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
BMC Neurol 12:58. 2012..g. in acute coronary syndrome (ACS). However, it occurs in other conditions as well. We therefore analysed cTNI increase in patients after generalized convulsive seizure...
- Combined measurements of cardiac troponin I and brain natriuretic peptide are useful for predicting adverse outcomes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyToru Kubo
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
Circ J 75:919-26. 2011Although serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) and plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) have become clinically important tools as diagnostic and prognostic markers for ischemic heart disease and heart failure, the usefulness of these ..
- Elevation of cardiac troponin I during non-exertional heat-related illnesses in the context of a heatwavePierre Hausfater
Emergency Department Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière et Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Crit Care 14:R99. 2010The prognostic value of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) in patients having a heat-related illness during a heat wave has been poorly documented.
- Circulating cardiac troponin I in severe congestive heart failureE Missov
Department of Cardiology and INSERM U 390, University Hospital of Montpellier, France
Circulation 96:2953-8. 1997..The cardiac muscle isoform of troponin I is uniquely expressed in the adult human myocardium, and an increase in its circulating levels is highly ..
- Reduced albumin-cobalt binding with transient myocardial ischemia after elective percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: a preliminary comparison to creatine kinase-MB, myoglobin, and troponin ID Bar-Or
Swedish Medical Center
Am Heart J 141:985-91. 2001..We then compared ACB assay results with creatine kinase isoenzyme (CK-MB), myoglobin, and cardiac troponin I (cTn-I) values after PTCA.
- Glucose-insulin-potassium and tri-iodothyronine individually improve hemodynamic performance and are associated with reduced troponin I release after on-pump coronary artery bypass graftingAaron M Ranasinghe
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TH, UK
Circulation 114:I245-50. 2006..Both glucose-insulin-potassium (GIK) and tri-iodothyronine (T3) may improve cardiovascular performance after coronary artery surgery (CABG) but their effects have not been directly compared and the effects of combined treatment are unknown...
- Effect of calcium-sensitizing mutations on calcium binding and exchange with troponin C in increasingly complex biochemical systemsSvetlana B Tikunova
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204, USA
Biochemistry 49:1975-84. 2010..Thus, both the intrinsic properties of TnC and its interactions with the other contractile proteins play a crucial role in modulating the binding of calcium to TnC in increasingly complex biochemical systems...
- Prognostic significance of cardiac troponin I levels in hospitalized patients presenting with supraventricular tachycardiaGrant V Chow
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 2780, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:141-8. 2010Although cardiac troponin I (cTnI) elevation in patients presenting to the hospital with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is well recognized, the prevalence, predictors, and prognostic significance of cTnI elevation associated with SVT ..
- A dual gold nanoparticle conjugate-based lateral flow assay (LFA) method for the analysis of troponin IDong Hwan Choi
Biomonitoring Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, 111 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 25:1999-2002. 2010..The 1st conjugate was the AuNP immobilized with an anti-troponin I antibody and blocked with bovine serum albumin (BSA), and the 2nd conjugate was the AuNP immobilized with an ..
- The protective effects of N-n-butyl haloperidol iodide on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats by inhibiting Egr-1 overexpressionYanmei Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, Guangdong, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:639-48. 2007..The present study is to test the hypothesis that the protective effects of F(2) on myocardial I/R injury is mediated by downregulating Egr-1 expression...
- Cardiac troponin I release after hip surgery correlates with poor long-term cardiac outcomeS Ausset
hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Clamart Cedex, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 25:158-64. 2008The aim of this study was to assess the incidence of perioperative myocardial damage detected by serial measurements of troponin I after hip surgery and its association with late cardiovascular outcome.
- Analytical performance and clinical application of a new rapid bedside assay for the detection of serum cardiac troponin IC Heeschen
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Chem 44:1925-30. 1998Detection of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) in patients suspected of having an acute coronary syndrome is highly predictive for an adverse outcome...
- Cardiac troponin I: evaluation I of a biomarker for the diagnosis of heart disease in the dogD P Spratt
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES
J Small Anim Pract 46:139-45. 2005To assess the value of measuring blood levels of the myocardial protein cardiac troponin I (cTnl) in the diagnosis of congenital and acquired heart disease in the dog and in the evaluation of the severity of heart failure.
- Independent prognostic value of C-reactive protein and troponin I in patients with unstable angina or non-Q-wave myocardial infarctionR J de Winter
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 42:240-5. 1999Elevated concentrations of C-reactive protein (CRP), a non-specific acute phase reactant, and troponin I (TnI), a cardiac-specific marker of myocardial damage, have been found to be associated with a higher risk for cardiac events in ..
- Cardiac troponin I, cardiac troponin T and creatine kinase MB concentrations in umbilical cord blood of healthy term neonatesD Trevisanuto
Paediatric Department, Medical School, University of Padua, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Padua, Italy
Acta Paediatr 92:1463-7. 2003To measure and compare cardiac troponin I, cardiac troponin T and creatine kinase MB concentrations in the umbilical cord blood of healthy term infants and to investigate the relationship between maternal and neonatal troponin values at ..
- Elevated troponin level is not synonymous with myocardial infarctionNitin Mahajan
Department of Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Int J Cardiol 111:442-9. 2006Elevated troponin I in the absence of angiographically visible coronary lesions is seen in up to 10-15% of those undergoing angiography for suspected coronary artery disease...
- Functional consequences of the mutations in human cardiac troponin I gene found in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyF Takahashi-Yanaga
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 33:2095-107. 2001Functional consequences of the six mutations (R145G, R145Q, R162W, DeltaK183, G203S, K206Q) in cardiac troponin I (cTnI) that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) were studied using purified recombinant human cTnI...
- Isolation and characterization of the human cardiac troponin I gene (TNNI3)P K Bhavsar
Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Dovehouse Street, London, SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
Genomics 35:11-23. 1996b>Troponin I (TnI) is a constituent protein of the troponin complex located on the thin filament of striated muscle that provides a calcium-sensitive switch for striated muscle contraction...
- Prognostic value of C-reactive protein and cardiac troponin I in primary percutaneous interventions for ST-elevation myocardial infarctionPatrick Ohlmann
Department of Cardiology, Hospital of Mulhouse, 68070 Mulhouse cedex, France
Am Heart J 152:1161-7. 2006The rise in cardiac troponin I after ST-elevation myocardial infarction treated by primary percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs) is predictive of infarct size and left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF)...
- Circulating cardiac troponin I levels in Kawasaki diseaseP A Checchia
Department of Pediatrics, Loma Linda University Children's Hospital, CA 92350, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 22:102-6. 2001..Previous studies of serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) measurements in pediatric populations have suggested a possible utility of measurements in diagnosis and ..
- Determination of affinities and antigenic epitopes of bovine cardiac troponin I (cTnI) with monoclonal antibodies by surface plasmon resonance biosensorXia Liu
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun 130023, People s Republic of China
Anal Biochem 314:301-9. 2003..used for real-time detection of the interaction of three monoclonal antibodies and antigens of bovine cardiac troponin I (cTnI). In order to recognize antigenic epitopes of bovine cTnI, two experimental modes were applied...
- Cardiac troponin-I concentration in dogs with cardiac diseaseMark A Oyama
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:831-9. 2004..20 ng/mL (112 days versus 357 days; P = .006). Plasma cTnI is high in dogs with cardiac disease, correlates with heart size and survival, and can be used as a blood-based biomarker of cardiac disease...
- GATA elements control repression of cardiac troponin I promoter activity in skeletal muscle cellsRaffaella Di Lisi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
BMC Mol Biol 8:78. 2007We reported previously that the cardiac troponin I (cTnI) promoter drives cardiac-specific expression of reporter genes in cardiac muscle cells and in transgenic mice, and that disruption of GATA elements inactivates the cTnI promoter in ..
- Circulating pregnancy-associated plasma protein a predicts outcome in patients with acute coronary syndrome but no troponin I elevationJuha Lund
Department of Medicine, University and Turku University Central Hospital, POB 52, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Circulation 108:1924-6. 2003..We investigated the predictive value of circulating pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A), a novel marker of atherosclerotic plaque activity, in these patients...
- Phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I by mammalian sterile 20-like kinase 1Bei You
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Medical Science Building, Room G609, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Biochem J 418:93-101. 2009..The results of the present study suggest that Mst1 is a novel mediator of cTnI phosphorylation in the heart and may contribute to the modulation of myofilament function under a variety of physiological and pathophysiological conditions...
- Distinct sarcomeric substrates are responsible for protein kinase D-mediated regulation of cardiac myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity and cross-bridge cyclingSonya C Bardswell
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London SE1 7EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:5674-82. 2010Protein kinase D (PKD), a serine/threonine kinase with emerging cardiovascular functions, phosphorylates cardiac troponin I (cTnI) at Ser(22)/Ser(23), reduces myofilament Ca(2+) sensitivity, and accelerates cross-bridge cycle kinetics...
- Clinical features of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by a Lys183 deletion mutation in the cardiac troponin I geneH Kokado
Second Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Circulation 102:663-9. 2000..Previous reports have demonstrated that cardiac troponin I (cTnI) gene mutations may account for familial HCM; however, the clinical characteristics and prognosis of ..
- Cardiac troponin I release after open heart surgery: a marker of myocardial protection?E Vermes
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, CNRS UPRES A 7054, Association Claude Bernard, H pital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Ann Thorac Surg 70:2087-90. 2000Unlike creatine kinase MB isoenzyme, cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is a highly specific marker of myocardial injury. Its release has recently been studied after coronary artery bypass grafting operation...
- Persistent increase in cardiac troponin I in Fabry disease: a case reportChristian Tanislav
Department of Neurology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 11:6. 2011..In FD an elevation of specific cardiac biomarkers, such as cardiac troponin I (cTNI) has been reported in case of clinical manifestation suggestive of myocardial ischemia...
- Effect of protein kinase A on calcium sensitivity of force and its sarcomere length dependence in human cardiomyocytesJ van der Velden
Laboratory for Physiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 46:487-95. 2000....
- Phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I at protein kinase C site threonine 144 depresses cooperative activation of thin filamentsQun Wei Lu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 285:11810-7. 2010There is evidence for PKC-dependent multisite phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) at Ser-23 and Ser-24 (also PKA sites) in the cardiac-specific N-terminal extension and at Thr-144, a unique residue in the inhibitory region...
- Cardiac troponin I as a marker for severity and prognosis of cardiac disease in dogsS Fonfara
Small Animal Teaching Hospital, University of Liverpool, Neston, School of Veterinary Science, Leahurst, Neston CH64 7TE, UK
Vet J 184:334-9. 2010The use of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) to assess the severity of disease and prognosis in 120 dogs presented for cardiac evaluation was analysed. cTnI concentrations were measured using a commercially available assay...
- Value of cardiac troponin I and T for selection of heart donors and as predictors of early graft failureE V Potapov
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Germany
Transplantation 71:1394-400. 2001Cardiac troponin I and T (cTnI and cTnT) are sensitive and specific markers of myocardial damage. We evaluated them for the selection of heart donors and as predictors of early graft failure after heart transplantation.
- Prognosis based on creatine kinase isoenzyme MB, cardiac troponin I, and right ventricular size in stable patients with acute pulmonary embolismPaul D Stein
Department of Internal Medicine and Research and Advanced Studies Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:774-7. 2011Prognosis of stable patients with acute pulmonary embolism (PE) has been assessed with cardiac troponin I (cTnI) and right ventricular (RV) function or size...
- Troponin levels in patients with myocardial infarction after coronary artery bypass graftingM Carrier
Department of Surgery, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 69:435-40. 2000....
- Developmental expression of troponin I isoforms in fetal human heartP K Bhavsar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
FEBS Lett 292:5-8. 1991We have used antibodies specific for troponin I proteins to examine human cardiac development and have detected a transiently expressed developmental isoform...
- Cardiac troponin I for stratification of early outcomes and the efficacy of enoxaparin in unstable angina: a TIMI-11B substudyD A Morrow
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:1812-7. 2000We sought to evaluate cardiac troponin I (cTnI) for predicting early clinical outcomes and the efficacy of enoxaparin among patients with non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and negative creatine kinase, MB fraction (CK-..
- An assessment of the concentration-related prognostic value of cardiac troponin I following acute coronary syndromeChris P Gale
Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Am J Cardiol 108:1259-65. 2011In 2004 the British Cardiac Society redefined myocardial infarction by cardiac troponin I (cTnI) concentration: ≤ 0.06 μg/L (unstable angina), >0.06 to < 0.5 μg/L (myocardial necrosis), and ≥ 0.5 μg/L (myocardial infarction)...
- Relation between cardiac troponin I and mortality in acute decompensated heart failureJohn J You
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 153:462-70. 2007..Troponin level elevations are common in patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF), yet their prognostic value above and beyond traditional predictors of outcomes in heart failure is uncertain...
- Proteolytic N-terminal truncation of cardiac troponin I enhances ventricular diastolic functionJohn C Barbato
Section of Molecular Cardiology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Biol Chem 280:6602-9. 2005Besides the core structure conserved in all troponin I isoforms, cardiac troponin I (cTnI) has an N-terminal extension that contains phosphorylation sites for protein kinase A under beta-adrenergic regulation...
- Elevated serum cardiac troponin I level in a patient after a grand mal seizure and with no evidence of cardiac diseaseAndrew Brobbey
Department of Medicine, Huron Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Health System, OH 44112, USA
Am J Med Sci 328:189-91. 2004..We report the first case of elevated troponin I in a patient after a grand mal seizure in the hospital, with no evidence of myocardial infarction and no ..
- Right ventricular contractile dysfunction after pressure overloadCLIFFORD RUSSELL GREYSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Agents with potential clinical utility will be identified using the isolated papillary muscle model and tested in the pig model. ..
- Clinical and genomic responses to remote ischemic preconditioningBrian W McCrindle; Fiscal Year: 2010..These measures will include indices of renal (urine output, urea, creatinine), cardiac (troponin I, inotrope score), pulmonary (pulmonary and airway mechanics, ventilation parameters), hematologic (blood counts),..
- Endothelium-Myocardium Interaction in Netrin-1 Induced CardioprotectionHUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Analyses of infarct size and cardiac Troponin I release, and echocardiography analysis of cardiac function, will be used to examine the cardioprotective effect ..
- Arrhythmia Mechanisms in Sarcomeric CardiomyopathiesBjorn C Knollmann; Fiscal Year: 2012..In vitro studies have shown that most FHC-linked mutations in sarcomeric proteins (e.g., troponin T, troponin I, tropomyosin) increase myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity...
- Modulation of Ca Control of Cardiac MyofibrilsR John Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposed here is to identify the mechanism(s) responsible for the down-regulation of the slow skeletal troponin I (ssTnI) isoform, which occurs during post-natal maturation of the heart...
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy Caused by Cardiac Troponin MutationsXupei Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Restrictive cardiomyopathy (RCM), caused by cardiac troponin I (cTnI) mutations, is characterized by a restricted ventricle and diastolic dysfunction...
- The mechanism of apelin-APJ mediated increased cardiac contractilityDAVID NEIGHBOR CHARO; Fiscal Year: 2010..We further hypothesize that apelin-APJ signaling increases cardiac contractility through troponin I phosphorylation leading to enhanced myofilament calcium sensitivity...
- The Role of Cardiomyopathic Troponin C Mutations in Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle CJose Renato Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2011..complex (CTn) is made up of cardiac troponin T (CTnT), that attaches the complex to the thin filament;cardiac troponin I (CTnI), involved in the inhibition of muscle contraction and cardiac/slow skeletal troponin C (CTnC), that binds ..
- Plasmon-Controlled Fluorescence and Cardiac MarkersJoseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..and are within a factor of 10 of the sensitivity needed for B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and cardiac troponin I (cTnl), without using biochemical amplification steps. We note that the cTnl requires a low detection limit of 0...
- Proteolytic Regulation of Troponin T &Cardiac FunctionJian Ping Jin; Fiscal Year: 2013..is regulated by Ca2+ through the troponin complex that consists of three protein subunits: troponin C, troponin I, and troponin T (TnT)...
- The Role of Cardiomyopathic Troponin C Mutations in Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle CJose Renato Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2013..complex (CTn) is made up of cardiac troponin T (CTnT), that attaches the complex to the thin filament;cardiac troponin I (CTnI), involved in the inhibition of muscle contraction and cardiac/slow skeletal troponin C (CTnC), that binds ..
- Biomarkers of sick sinus syndromeLiang Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is the most widely used biomarker, due to its nearly complete cardiac tissue specificity...
- Proteomic approaches to validate novel cardiac biomarkers for myocardial infarctiSakthivel Sadayappan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Strikingly, the level of plasma cMyBP-C is significantly higher than the gold standard plasma cardiac troponin I (2.0-fold molar)...
- PKD Isoforms in HeartSusan F Steinberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..PKD1 also phosphorylates CREB and sarcomeric proteins (such as cardiac troponin I and cardiac myosin-binding protein C), but their role in cardiac growth responses has not adequately been ..
- Sensitive Measurement of Cardiac Troponin I at Point of Care: The Silicon BioDeviOCTAVIAN FLORESCU; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project we demonstrate a microchip-based assay platform that performs assays with laboratory precision and a one-step protocol and which can be mass- produced using existing foundry capacity. ..
- Molecular mechanism of senile cardiac amyloidosisLawreen H Connors; Fiscal Year: 2013..by measuring TTRHMW in patient sera at baseline and annually for 3 years and correlating results with cardiac troponin I, brain natriuretic peptide, left ventricular (LV) end-diastolic and end-systolic diameters, and LV ejection ..
- Troponin and myosin in regulation of muscle contraction and heart diseaseZenon Grabarek; Fiscal Year: 2012..Determine the contribution of the myosin head-induced vs. Ca2+-induced changes in the interactions of troponin I (TnI) with actin-Tm and with troponin C (TnC) in thin filaments reconstituted with skeletal and cardiac muscle ..
- Mechanistic Understanding of Troponin T Role in Cardiac Thin Filament ActivationMurali Chandra; Fiscal Year: 2012..among contractile regulatory pro- teins, which include cardiac troponin C (cTnC), troponin T (cTnT), troponin I (cTnI), and tropomyosin (Tm)...
- Point-of-care system based on single polymer nanowires for real-time, AMI diagnosMinhee Yun; Fiscal Year: 2010..system is proposed to develop four represented cardiac markers (myoglobin, B-type natriuretic peptide, cardiac troponin I, and creatin kinase-MB)...
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF MYOCARDIAL TROPONIN I VARIANTSAnne M Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal seeks to define specific mechanisms for the effects of variants of the key regulatory protein troponin I which contribute to heart failure and hypertrophy...
- Platelet Activity &Cardiovascular Events following Vascular SurgeryJeffrey S Berger; Fiscal Year: 2013..The 30-day primary endpoint will be death, myocardial infarction, stroke and troponin I >0.1ng/ml. The long-term primary endpoint will be death, myocardial infarction, or stroke...
- Anthrax Lethal Toxin-Induced Heart Failure: Role of PP2A and MAP KinasesDavid E Dostal; Fiscal Year: 2013..dysregulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling, decreased myocardial phospholamban and troponin I phosphorylation, and increased enzymatic activity of protein phosphatase PP2A...
- Cardiac Remote Ischemic Preconditioning Prior to Elective Major Vascular SurgerySantiago Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..24 hours prior to surgery will increase the proportion of patients with undetectable troponin, defined as a troponin I below the upper reference limit (URL), during the first 3 days post-surgery...
- Kinetics of Cardiac Myofilament ActivationWen Ji Dong; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypothesis of this proposal is that the Ca2+induced structural transitions involving the different regions of troponin I at the interface between troponin and actin play different roles in regulating kinetics of the interaction ..
- Troponin and Heart Function in Health and DiseaseJOSEPH MARK METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is focused on troponin I (TnI), the inhibitory subunit of the troponin complex and molecular switch to cardiac contraction...
- Rapid homogeneous antibody-based detection of proteinsTomasz Heyduk; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this Phase II project will be to develop molecular pincer assays for six markers of cardiac disease (troponin I, B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP), myoglobin, creatine kinase (CK-MB), C-reactive protein (CRP), and D-dimer) ..
- Structural Mechanisms Modulating Contraction in Normal and Diseased HeartPaul R Rosevear; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiac troponin (cTn) is the calcium sensitive switch consisting of troponin C (cTnC), troponin I (cTnl), and troponin T (cTnT)...
- hiPS Derived Cardiomyocyte Assay for Screening Toxicant Differentiation EffectsBradley H Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..brachyury, and to monitor differentiation efficiency and yield by staining for cardiac Troponin T and cardiac Troponin I. Cell viability and yield will be determined by cytoxicity assay, and contractility measurements will be ..
- TNNI3K: A cardiac-specific kinase regulating ischemic injury and fibrotic remodelThomas Force; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over the past two years we have explored the role of a novel cardiac-specific protein kinase, troponin I type 3 interacting kinase (gene name TNNI3K) in regulating ischemic injury, post-MI remodeling, and pressure ..
- Frank-Starling's Law of the Heart: Cellular MechanismsPieter P de Tombe; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall aim is to unravel the molecular mechanisms that underlie this important physiological regulatory system operating in the heart on a beat-to- beat basis. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..8, a pulse oximetry reading >91 percent, a Daniel ECG score <8 points, and a troponin I <0...
- A Functional Relationship between Specific NOS Isozymes and Beta-adrenergic RecepCHRISTOPHER TRAYNHAM; Fiscal Year: 2010..positive inotropic and lusitropic effects through modulation of the L-type Ca2+ channel, phospholamban (PLB) and troponin I (Tnl)...
- REGULATION OF WORK CAPACITY IN CARDIAC MYOCYTESKERRY S MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 2013..objectives of the proposed studies are designed to determine (1) if PKA-mediated phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) is both necessary and sufficient to dictate sarcomere length dependence of force generation in cardiac ..
- Multi-analyte Biosensor for Emerging Cardiac MarkersCHARLES PENNINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..diagnostic technologies designed for rapid quantification of conventional markers including, cardiac troponin I, total creatinase kinase MB, and myoglobin attempt to address this need, but only identify downstream effects of ..
- Beta-adrenergic Response in Cardiac Hypertrophy/FailureMeredith Bond; Fiscal Year: 2004..One of the major PKA/PKC substrates in the cardiac muscle cell is the thin filament regulatory protein, troponin I (TnI)...
- Interaction of Cardiotonic Drugs with Cardiac TroponinBRIAN SYKES; Fiscal Year: 2009..2Ca2+.EMD57033, and the N-domain of cTnC in complex with bepridil and the switch region of cardiac troponin I (cTnI), cNTnC.Ca2+.cTnl147-163.bepridil...
- FHC Tn Mutations: Functional Consequences & MechanismsJames Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005..have a higher level of cardiac hypertrophy, those with cardiac Troponin T (CTnT) and some of the reported Troponin I (CTnI) mutations have less hypertrophy and a higher incidence of sudden cardiac death (SCD)...
- NMR STUDIES OF TROPONIN COMPLEXPAUL ROSEVEAR; Fiscal Year: 2000..The cardiac isoforms of both troponin C and troponin I are unique...
- REGULATORY ELEMENTS CONTROLLING TROPONIN I EXPRESSIONSTEPHEN KONIECZNY; Fiscal Year: 1993..our efforts on identifying the transcriptional regulatory mechanisms controlling expression of the quail fast troponin I (TnI) gene (3)...
- CARDIAC MUSCLE--MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF REGULATIONJOHN PUTKEY; Fiscal Year: 2000Troponin C (TnC) is the Ca2+ receptor in striated muscle which transfers the Ca2+ signal to troponin I (TnI), and then to troponin T and tropomyosin to ultimately modulate the population of productive myosin crossbridges...
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC CROSS-BRIDGES BY TROPONIN TSCOTT BUCK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Of the thin filament regulatory proteins, troponin T (TnT), tropomyosin, and troponin I undergo normal developmental isoform switching in heart...
- Novel Doxorubicin Analogs:Cardiac and Cytotoxic EffectsRichard Olson; Fiscal Year: 2003..histopathology scoring, papillary muscle function, [3H] ryanodine binding to sarcoplasmic reticulum, and plasma troponin I levels will e used to evaluate cardiac toxicity in rabbits chronically treated doxorubicin, GPX-100 and GPX-150...
- CHEMISTRY AND FUNCTION OF DICTYOSTELIUM CALMODULINMargaret Clarke; Fiscal Year: 1992..Interaction with Ca++, troponin I, and vertebrate enzymes will be examined in this regard...
- INTERACTIONS OF SKELETAL MUSCLE REGULATORY PROTEINSJohn Collins; Fiscal Year: 1999..interactions among the following thin filament proteins: the Ca2+-binding troponin C (TnC), the inhibitory troponin I (TnI), actin, and the tropomyosin-binding protein troponin T (TnT)...
- Protein Dynamics in Ca2+-Regulated Thin FilamentsGerard Marriott; Fiscal Year: 2006..The first involves the Ca2+ cardiac troponin (cTn) mediated structural perturbation in cardiac troponin I (cTnl) that disrupts the cTnl-actin complex, and the second involves functional movements of cardiac tropomyosin ..
- MUTANT SARCOMERIC PROTEINS AND CARDIAC DISEASEJoseph Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2007..characterized by restrictive filling with normal or decreased ventricular volume, can be caused by mutations in troponin I. The working hypothesis of this proposal is that distinct primary alterations in myocyte contractile performance ..
- ALTERED CALCIUM REGULATION IN CARDIOMYOPATHIESP Chase; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (the applicant's description verbatim): Mutations in cardiac thin filament protein troponin I (cTnI) have been identified as causal in some forms of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Rexinoid-Regulated Muscle Gene ExpressionPeter Davies; Fiscal Year: 2004..the expression of genes associated with the "slow twitch" (Type I) myofiber phenotype (such as myoglobin and Troponin I slow) and the enzymes of oxidative fatty acid metabolism...
- Mechanism of Calcium Regulation in Striated MuscleTerence Tao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims for this proposal are: 1) To decipher the mechanism whereby attachment of troponin I to actin inhibits muscle contraction in the absence of Ca2+...
- New ECG Criteria for Posterior Myocardial InfarctionShu Fen Wung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Serial and continuous 15-lead ECGs, along with echocardiography, CK-MB mass and troponin I levels will be obtained in male and female patients (n=1083) presenting to the ED for rule out of MI...
- Rapid Quantitative Point-of-Care Cardiac Marker TestMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..and demonstrate their use in simultaneously quantifying two important CMs in serum samples, myoglobin and troponin I, in serum samples...
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TROPONIN C AND CALMODULINCHIH LUEH WANG; Fiscal Year: 1992..Such information may be helpful towards the cure of certain disorders in muscle and non-muscle systems...
- Acute Myocardial Infarction SensorWAHEGURU SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2005..e. Myoglobin, Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK)-MB, Total CPK, CPK-MB isoforms, and Troponin I/T) statistics, thereby reducing the lag time between the onset of AMI symptoms and treatment...
- MAQDOTS: Multi-Analyte Quantum Dot Test StripsSrivatsa Venkatasubbarao; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Phase I, cardiac markers, including Myoglobin, CK-MB, and Troponin I spiked in serum will be used to demonstrate the feasibility of the principle...
- CA++ SENSITIVITY IN STUNNED CARDIAC MYOCYTESMATTHEW WOLFF; Fiscal Year: 2000..The role of altered phosphorylation states of troponin I and/or C protein and myofilament protein degradation will be assessed...
- ELECTROCHEMICAL BIOSENSOR OF CARDIAC MARKERSKai Wang; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such biosensor will provide a low cost, highly efficient, clinically accurate and simple operation without technical training, and thus will have additional potential in commercial applications. ..
- DETERMINATION AND DIFFERENTIATION OF CARDIAC MYOCYTESDavid Bader; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, two genes, cardiac troponin I (TnI) and ventricular myosin heavy chain one (VMHC1) Which are activated at the initiation of cardiomyogenic ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS/ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMES IN HEART FAILUREFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will correlate 8-isoprostanes with cardiac troponin I (cTn-I), a measure of ongoing myocardial damage and LV end-diastolic diameter by echocardiography (LVEDD), a ..
- MEMBRANE AND MYOFILAMENT CONTROL OF CARDIAC DYNAMICSBEATA WOLSKA; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract): Using new lines of transgenic (TG) mice, the investigators will determine the relative role of troponin I (TnI) and phospholamban (PLB) phosphorylation in the enhanced rate of relaxation during beta-adrenergic ..
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF IMPROVED DIASTOLIC FUNCTION IN HUMAN HEARTKenneth Margulies; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mechanistically, we hypothesize that a reduced ability to phosphorylate phospholamban and troponin I cause an impaired ability of cAMP and PKA-dependent signaling to augment sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca uptake and ..
- ROLE OF P90RSK IN DIABETIC CARDIOMYOPATHYJun Ichi Abe; Fiscal Year: 2003..data from our laboratory that p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (p90RSK) is a physiological substrate of PKCB2, and that Troponin I (TnI) phosphorylation by p90RSK contributes to decreased cardiac function in diabetes...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF CARDIAC CONTRACTILE DYSFUNCTIONWei Gao; Fiscal Year: 2004..The functional changes are associated with partial proteolytic degradation of troponin I (TnI), which cleaves 17 amino acid residues from the c-terminus of TnI (TnI1-193)...