Genomes and Genes
Summary: An intermediate filament protein found in most differentiating cells, in cells grown in tissue culture, and in certain fully differentiated cells. Its insolubility suggests that it serves a structural function in the cytoplasm. MW 52,000.
Publications379 found, 100 shown here
- Vimentin induces changes in cell shape, motility, and adhesion during the epithelial to mesenchymal transitionMelissa G Mendez
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FASEB J 24:1838-51. 2010b>Vimentin is used widely as a marker of the epithelial to mesenchymal transitions (EMTs) that take place during embryogenesis and metastasis, yet the functional implications of the expression of this type III intermediate filament (IF) ..
- Actin, microtubules, and vimentin intermediate filaments cooperate for elongation of invadopodiaMarie Schoumacher
Unite Mixte de Recherche 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 189:541-56. 2010..Moreover, intact microtubules and vimentin intermediate filament networks are required for further growth...
- Novel functions of vimentin in cell adhesion, migration, and signalingJohanna Ivaska
VTT Medical Biotechnology, Itäinen Pitkäkatu 4C, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Exp Cell Res 313:2050-62. 2007b>Vimentin is the major intermediate filament (IF) protein of mesenchymal cells...
- Vimentin and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human breast cancer--observations in vitro and in vivoMaria I Kokkinos
Department of Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Cells Tissues Organs 185:191-203. 2007..filament status changes from a keratin-rich network which connects to adherens junctions and hemidesmosomes, to a vimentin-rich network connecting to focal adhesions...
- Vimentin in cancer and its potential as a molecular target for cancer therapyArun Satelli
Department of Pediatrics, Unit 853, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holocombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:3033-46. 2011b>Vimentin, a major constituent of the intermediate filament family of proteins, is ubiquitously expressed in normal mesenchymal cells and is known to maintain cellular integrity and provide resistance against stress...
- Vimentin regulates EMT induction by Slug and oncogenic H-Ras and migration by governing Axl expression in breast cancerK Vuoriluoto
Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Turku, Finland
Oncogene 30:1436-48. 2011..The intermediate filament protein vimentin is an important marker of EMT and a requisite regulator of mesenchymal cell migration...
- Hepatitis B virus X protein (HBx)-related long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) down-regulated expression by HBx (Dreh) inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by targeting the intermediate filament protein vimentinJin Feng Huang
The Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 57:1882-92. 2013..LncRNA-Dreh could combine with the intermediate filament protein vimentin and repress its expression, and thus further change the normal cytoskeleton structure to inhibit tumor metastasis...
- Vimentin intermediate filaments modulate the motility of mitochondriaOxana E Nekrasova
Group of Cell Biology, Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 119988, Russia
Mol Biol Cell 22:2282-9. 2011Interactions with vimentin intermediate filaments (VimIFs) affect the motility, distribution, and anchorage of mitochondria...
- Vimentin organization modulates the formation of lamellipodiaBrian T Helfand
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:1274-89. 2011b>Vimentin intermediate filaments (VIF) extend throughout the rear and perinuclear regions of migrating fibroblasts, but only nonfilamentous vimentin particles are present in lamellipodial regions...
- Prognostic importance of epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related protein expression in gastric carcinomaMin A Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Histopathology 54:442-51. 2009..EMT is known to be involved in the progression and metastasis of various cancers. The aim was to evaluate the expression of EMT-related proteins in gastric carcinoma (GC)...
- NF-kappaB and epithelial to mesenchymal transition of cancerChengyin Min
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2394, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:733-44. 2008..Overall, NF-kappaB is identified as a key target in prevention and in the treatment of invasive carcinomas...
- Mature miR-17-5p and passenger miR-17-3p induce hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting PTEN, GalNT7 and vimentin in different signal pathwaysSze Wan Shan
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto M4N 3M5, Canada
J Cell Sci 126:1517-30. 2013..In contrast, the passenger strand miR-17-3p repressed expression of vimentin, an intermediate filament with the ability to modulate metabolism, and GalNT7, an enzyme that regulates ..
- Telocytes in human epicardiumL M Popescu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
J Cell Mol Med 14:2085-93. 2010..Human autopsy hearts from 10 adults and 15 foetuses were used for conventional IHC for c-kit/CD117, CD34, vimentin, S-100, τ, Neurokinin 1, as well as using laser confocal microscopy...
- Up-regulation of glial fibrillary acidic protein in response to retinal injury: its potential role in glial remodeling and a comparison to vimentin expressionGeoffrey P Lewis
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Int Rev Cytol 230:263-90. 2003..detachment, a "mechanical" injury to the retina, GFAP, and another intermediate filament protein, vimentin, dramatically increase in Müller cells...
- Tumor suppressive microRNA‑138 contributes to cell migration and invasion through its targeting of vimentin in renal cell carcinomaTakeshi Yamasaki
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Int J Oncol 41:805-17. 2012..analysis (miR‑138 transfectants and RCC clinical specimens) and TargetScan database studies showed that vimentin (VIM) is a promising candidate target gene of miR‑138...
- Aberrant expression of nuclear vimentin and related epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers in nasopharyngeal carcinomaWeiren Luo
Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 131:1863-73. 2012Expression of vimentin and the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) markers E-cadherin, β-catenin is essential for the progression of various human cancers...
- Mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition facilitates bladder cancer metastasis: role of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2Christine L Chaffer
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, The University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Australia
Cancer Res 66:11271-8. 2006..This model is the first to specifically model steps of the latter part of the metastatic cascade in isogenic cell lines, and confirms the suspected role of MET in secondary tumor growth...
- The prognostic impact of NF-kappaB p105, vimentin, E-cadherin and Par6 expression in epithelial and stromal compartment in non-small-cell lung cancerS Al-Saad
Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromso Norway, Tromso, Norway
Br J Cancer 99:1476-83. 2008b>Vimentin, nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) p105, fascin, E-cadherin, TGF-beta, Par6 and atypical PKC are molecular markers that play an important role in cell differentiation...
- Caspase cleavage of vimentin disrupts intermediate filaments and promotes apoptosisY Byun
Center for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cell Death Differ 8:443-50. 2001..recently developed to identify cDNAs encoding caspase substrates, we isolated the intermediate filament protein vimentin as a caspase substrate...
- Upregulation of vimentin and aberrant expression of E-cadherin/beta-catenin complex in oral squamous cell carcinomas: correlation with the clinicopathological features and patient outcomeLai Kui Liu
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu 210029, China
Mod Pathol 23:213-24. 2010..Using quantitative immunohistochemistry, we examined the expression of vimentin, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin in 83 oral squamous cell carcinoma patients, and the relationships between the ..
- Intermediate filament protein partnership in astrocytesC Eliasson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Gothenburg, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Biol Chem 274:23996-4006. 1999..Astrocytes may express three types of intermediate filament proteins: glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP), vimentin, and nestin...
- The protein kinase Akt induces epithelial mesenchymal transition and promotes enhanced motility and invasiveness of squamous cell carcinoma linesSylvia Julien Grille
Developmental Genetics of Melanocytes, UMR 146 CNRS Institut Curie, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Cancer Res 63:2172-8. 2003..of the epithelial markers desmoplakin, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin and up-regulation of the mesenchymal marker vimentin. The cells lost epithelial cell morphology and acquired fibroblast-like properties...
- Introducing intermediate filaments: from discovery to diseaseJohn E Eriksson
Department of Biology, Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
J Clin Invest 119:1763-71. 2009..e., maintenance of structural and mechanical integrity of cells and tissues. However, many disease conditions seem to link to the nonmechanical functions of IFs, many of which have been defined only in the past few years...
- Gene expression of tumor angiogenesis dissected: specific targeting of colon cancer angiogenic vasculatureJudy R van Beijnum
Angiogenesis Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Blood 108:2339-48. 2006..Antibody targeting of 4 cell-surface-expressed or secreted products (vimentin, CD59, HMGB1, IGFBP7) inhibited angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo...
- Absence of glial fibrillary acidic protein and vimentin prevents hypertrophy of astrocytic processes and improves post-traumatic regenerationUlrika Wilhelmsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurosci 24:5016-21. 2004..found that reactive astrocytes devoid of the intermediate filament proteins glial fibrillary acidic protein and vimentin (GFAP-/-Vim-/-), and consequently lacking intermediate filaments (Colucci-Guyon et al., 1994; Pekny et al...
- The intermediate filament vimentin mediates microRNA miR-378 function in cellular self-renewal by regulating the expression of the Sox2 transcription factorZhaoqun Deng
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:319-31. 2013..We also observed opposite levels of vimentin in the cancer cell lines and human breast carcinoma specimens...
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) biomarkers--E-cadherin, beta-catenin, APC and Vimentin--in oral squamous cell carcinogenesis and transformationS Y Chaw
The University of Queensland, School of Dentistry, 200 Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia
Oral Oncol 48:997-1006. 2012To investigate immunohistochemical (IHC) analysis of E-cadherin, β-catenin, APC and Vimentin for prediction of oral malignant transformation.
- Vimentin rearrangement during African swine fever virus infection involves retrograde transport along microtubules and phosphorylation of vimentin by calcium calmodulin kinase IISandra Stefanovic
Division of Immunology, Pirbright Laboratories, Institute for Animal Health, Surrey Ash Road, Woking, Surrey GU24 ONF, United Kingdom
J Virol 79:11766-75. 2005African swine fever virus (ASFV) infection leads to rearrangement of vimentin into a cage surrounding virus factories...
- Biochemical characterization and N-terminomics analysis of leukolysin, the membrane-type 6 matrix metalloprotease (MMP25): chemokine and vimentin cleavages enhance cell migration and macrophage phagocytic activitiesAmanda E Starr
Centre for Blood Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 287:13382-95. 2012..b>Vimentin, cystatin C, galectin-1, IGFBP-7, and secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) were among those ..
- Regulation of vimentin by SIP1 in human epithelial breast tumor cellsS Bindels
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Center for Biomedical Integrated Genoproteomics, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Oncogene 25:4975-85. 2006The expression of Smad interacting protein-1 (SIP1; ZEB2) and the de novo expression of vimentin are frequently involved in epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitions (EMTs) under both normal and pathological conditions...
- Vimentin and GFAP responses in astrocytes after contusion trauma to the murine brainSara Ekmark-Lewén
Department of Neuroscience, Neurosurgery, Uppsala University, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Restor Neurol Neurosci 28:311-21. 2010..The aims for this study were to compare the temporal and spatial expression pattern of vimentin- and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in a weight drop model of mild cerebral contusion injury in the rat...
- High-throughput RNAi screening for novel modulators of vimentin expression identifies MTHFD2 as a regulator of breast cancer cell migration and invasionLaura Lehtinen
Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Oncotarget 4:48-63. 2013b>Vimentin is an intermediate filament protein, with a key role in the epithelial to mesenchymal transition as well as cell invasion, and it is often upregulated during cancer progression...
- TRIM16 acts as a tumour suppressor by inhibitory effects on cytoplasmic vimentin and nuclear E2F1 in neuroblastoma cellsG M Marshall
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Oncogene 29:6172-83. 2010..TRIM16 bound directly to cytoplasmic vimentin and nuclear E2F1 in neuroblastoma cells...
- Upregulation of nestin, vimentin, and desmin in rat podocytes in response to injuryJun Zou
Department of Structural Pathology, Institute of Nephrology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:485-92. 2006..To gain insight into the role of IF proteins in podocytes, we investigated the expression of nestin, vimentin, and desmin in puromycin aminonucleoside (PAN) nephrosis...
- TGFbeta1 regulation of vimentin gene expression during differentiation of the C2C12 skeletal myogenic cell line requires Smads, AP-1 and Sp1 family membersYongzhong Wu
Department of Biochemistry and the Massey Cancer Center, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0614, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:427-39. 2007b>Vimentin exhibits a complex pattern of developmental and tissue-specific expression regulated by such growth factors as TGFbeta1, PDGF, FGF, EGF and cytokines...
- Keratin down-regulation in vimentin-positive cancer cells is reversible by vimentin RNA interference, which inhibits growth and motilityRachel J Paccione
Philips Institute, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2894-903. 2008..In the current study, we have investigated the role of vimentin in proliferation and motility...
- The zinc finger repressor, ZBP-89, recruits histone deacetylase 1 to repress vimentin gene expressionYongzhong Wu
The Department of Biochemistry and the Massey Cancer Center, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0614, USA
Genes Cells 12:905-18. 2007b>Vimentin, a member of the intermediate filament (IF) protein family, exhibits a complex pattern of tissue- and developmental-specific expression...
- Ndel1 controls the dynein-mediated transport of vimentin during neurite outgrowthSu Yeon Shim
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:12232-40. 2008..We isolated a novel Ndel1 molecular complex composed of the IF vimentin, the molecular motor dynein, the lissencephaly protein Lis1, and the cis-Golgi-associated protein alphaCOP...
- The 14-3-3 protein epsilon isoform expressed in reactive astrocytes in demyelinating lesions of multiple sclerosis binds to vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein in cultured human astrocytesJun ichi Satoh
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Am J Pathol 165:577-92. 2004..immunoprecipitation, and double-immunolabeling analysis showed that the 14-3-3 protein interacts with both vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein in cultured human astrocytes...
- Autoimmunity to specific citrullinated proteins gives the first clues to the etiology of rheumatoid arthritisNatalia Wegner
The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Immunol Rev 233:34-54. 2010..Four citrullinated antigens, fibrinogen, vimentin, collagen type II, and alpha-enolase, are now well established, with others awaiting further characterization...
- Vimentin is a novel anti-cancer therapeutic target; insights from in vitro and in vivo mice xenograft studiesGuy Lahat
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10105. 2010b>Vimentin is a ubiquitous mesenchymal intermediate filament supporting mechano-structural integrity of quiescent cells while participating in adhesion, migration, survival, and cell signaling processes via dynamic assembly/disassembly in ..
- N-cadherin expression and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in pancreatic carcinomaSanae Nakajima
Department of Surgery and Surgical Basic Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:4125-33. 2004..The purpose of the study presented here was to investigate whether a gain in N-cadherin in pancreatic cancer is involved in the process of metastasis via EMT and whether its expression is affected by growth factors...
- The tumor inhibitor and antiangiogenic agent withaferin A targets the intermediate filament protein vimentinPaola Bargagna-Mohan
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Chem Biol 14:623-34. 2007..Here, we show that WFA binds to the intermediate filament (IF) protein, vimentin, by covalently modifying its cysteine residue, which is present in the highly conserved alpha-helical coiled coil ..
- Expression and activity of citrullinating peptidylarginine deiminase enzymes in monocytes and macrophagesE R Vossenaar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 63:373-81. 2004..Peptidylcitrulline can be generated by post-translational conversion of arginine residues. This process, citrullination, is catalysed by a group of calcium dependent peptidylarginine deiminase (PAD) enzymes...
- Vimentin is secreted by activated macrophagesNirit Mor-Vaknin
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0640, USA
Nat Cell Biol 5:59-63. 2003b>Vimentin is a widely expressed intermediate filament protein thought to be involved mainly in structural processes, such as wound healing. We now demonstrate that activated human macrophages secrete vimentin into the extracellular space...
- Quantitative evaluation of vimentin expression in tumour stroma of colorectal cancerC Y Ngan
Department of Surgery, Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Br J Cancer 96:986-92. 2007Recent studies have identified vimentin, a type III intermediate filament, among genes differentially expressed in tumours with more invasive features, suggesting an association between vimentin and tumour progression...
- Induction of osteoclastogenesis and bone loss by human autoantibodies against citrullinated vimentinUlrike Harre
Department of Internal Medicine 3, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Invest 122:1791-802. 2012..human osteoclasts expressed enzymes eliciting protein citrullination, and specific N-terminal citrullination of vimentin was induced during osteoclast differentiation...
- Impaired mechanical stability, migration and contractile capacity in vimentin-deficient fibroblastsB Eckes
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Federal Republic of Germany
J Cell Sci 111:1897-907. 1998Loss of a vimentin network due to gene disruption created viable mice that did not differ overtly from wild-type littermates...
- Role of phosphorylation on the structural dynamics and function of types III and IV intermediate filamentsRam K Sihag
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Bldg 49 Room 2A28, MD 20892, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:2098-109. 2007..In mitotic cells, Cdk1, Rho kinase, PAK1 and Aurora-B kinase are believed to regulate vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein phosphorylation in a spatio-temporal manner...
- PKCepsilon-mediated phosphorylation of vimentin controls integrin recycling and motilityJohanna Ivaska
VTT Technical Research Centre for Finland, Medical Biotechnology and University of Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Turku, Finland
EMBO J 24:3834-45. 2005..b>Vimentin, an intermediate filament protein upregulated upon epithelial cell transformation, is shown here to be a proximal ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membranes and vimentin filaments participate in vaccinia virus assemblyCristina Risco
Department of Macromolecular Structure, Centro Nacional de Biotecnología Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Campus Universidad Autonoma, Madrid 28049, Spain
J Virol 76:1839-55. 2002..Moreover, the cytoskeletal vimentin intermediate filaments are found around viral factories and inside the viroplasm foci, where vimentin and the VV ..
- Association of Vimentin overexpression and hepatocellular carcinoma metastasisLiang Hu
Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Oncogene 23:298-302. 2004..One interesting finding is the overexpression of Vimentin (VIM), a well-defined intermediate filament, which has been linked to a more aggressive status in various tumors...
- Enhanced expression of vimentin in motile prostate cell lines and in poorly differentiated and metastatic prostate carcinomaShona H Lang
YCR Cancer Research Unit, University of York, Heslington, York, United Kingdom
Prostate 52:253-63. 2002..The metastatic potential of a series of prostate cell lines was analysed by measuring motility and invasiveness, and further correlated to the expression of epithelial differentiation markers...
- The evaluation of E-Cadherin and vimentin as biomarkers of clinical outcomes among patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with erlotinib as second- or third-line therapyFrank Richardson
OSI Pharmaceuticals LLC, 2860 Wilderness Place, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
Anticancer Res 32:537-52. 2012E-Cadherin and vimentin protein expression was assessed in late stage non-small cell lung cancer tumors from the placebo controlled clinical trial, NCIC-CTG BR...
- A novel role of vimentin filaments: binding and stabilization of collagen mRNAsAzariyas A Challa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3773-89. 2011..LARP6 binds the 5'SL of α1(I) and α2(I) mRNAs with high affinity. Here, we report that vimentin filaments associate with collagen mRNAs in a 5'SL- and LARP6-dependent manner and stabilize collagen mRNAs...
- Aberrant vimentin methylation is characteristic of upper gastrointestinal pathologiesHelen Moinova
Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:594-600. 2012We have previously established aberrant DNA methylation of vimentin exon-1 (VIM methylation) as a common epigenetic event in colon cancer and as a biomarker for detecting colon neoplasia...
- Vimentin, zeb1 and Sip1 are up-regulated in triple-negative and basal-like breast cancers: association with an aggressive tumour phenotypePeeter Karihtala
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Oulu University Hospital, PO Box 22, 90029 Oulu, Finland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:81-90. 2013..g. EMT-regulating transcription factors are largely unknown. We assessed immunohistochemically vimentin (separately in in situ areas and in invasive cells) as an indicator of EMT, and also EMT-regulating transcription ..
- PARP-1 regulates metastatic melanoma through modulation of vimentin-induced malignant transformationMaria Isabel Rodriguez
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, Granada, Spain
PLoS Genet 9:e1003531. 2013..Proteomic analysis of endothelial cells revealed that vimentin, an intermediary filament involved in angiogenesis and a specific hallmark of EndoMT (endothelial to mesenchymal ..
- Detection in fecal DNA of colon cancer-specific methylation of the nonexpressed vimentin geneWei Dong Chen
Department of Medicine, Ireland Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1124-32. 2005..Aberrantly methylated DNA has also been proposed as a potential tumor marker. However, genes such as vimentin, which are transcriptionally silent in normal epithelium, have not until now been considered as targets for ..
- Vimentin binding is critical for infection by the virulent strain of Japanese encephalitis virusJian Jong Liang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Cell Microbiol 13:1358-70. 2011..One major protein bound with RP-9 and weakly with RP-2ms was identified as the intermediate filament protein vimentin. Infection of RP-9 but not that of RP-2ms was blocked by anti-vimentin antibodies and by recombinant-expressed ..
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition and stemness features in circulating tumor cells from breast cancer patientsCristina Raimondi
Division of Medical Oncology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:449-55. 2011..Samples found positive for CTCs presence (CD45-/CK+) were evaluated for the expression of ER alpha, HER2, ALDH1, vimentin, and fibronectin...
- Vimentin expression is associated with decreased survival in gastric cancerSho Otsuki
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Oncol Rep 25:1235-42. 2011..In some cancers, expression of vimentin, a mesenchymal maker, is associated with poor survival...
- Characterization of immune responses to cardiac self-antigens myosin and vimentin in human cardiac allograft recipients with antibody-mediated rejection and cardiac allograft vasculopathyDilip S Nath
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:1277-85. 2010..to mismatched human leukocyte antigen (HLA) and antibodies (Abs) to the cardiac self-antigens myosin (MYO) and vimentin (VIM) in the pathogenesis of acute antibody-mediated rejection (AMR) in the early post-transplant period (EP, <..
- Plectin interacts with the rod domain of type III intermediate filament proteins desmin and vimentinBertrand Favre
Department of Dermatology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Cell Biol 90:390-400. 2011..The muscle-specific intermediate filament (IF) protein desmin, which progressively replaces vimentin during differentiation of myoblasts, is one of the important binding partners of plectin in mature muscle...
- Vimentin inhibits ATF4-mediated osteocalcin transcription and osteoblast differentiationNa Lian
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Center for Bone Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30518-25. 2009..b>Vimentin was identified by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Senescence and cytoskeleton: overproduction of vimentin induces senescent-like morphology in human fibroblastsK Nishio
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 116:321-7. 2001..normal young or immortalized cells growing rapidly, and the protein was identified with a cytoskeletal protein, vimentin. In fact, senescent fibroblasts contained approximately threefold more vimentin protein, and fourfold more ..
- Vimentin interacts with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins and dengue nonstructural protein 1 and is important for viral replication and releaseRattiyaporn Kanlaya
Medical Proteomics Unit, Office for Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 12th Floor Adulyadejvikrom Building, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Mol Biosyst 6:795-806. 2010..Interestingly, vimentin was a common partner for both hnRNP C1/C2 and K...
- Diosgenin suppresses hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition by down-regulation of Mdm2 and vimentinHsiang Yu Chang
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center and Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 59:5357-63. 2011..This study found specific increases in Mdm2 and vimentin rather than the coregulation of an array of EMT marker proteins in response to HGF-induced EMT in DU145 prostate ..
- Vimentin: the conundrum of the intermediate filament gene familyR M Evans
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Bioessays 20:79-86. 1998..However, a knockout mutation of vimentin (-/-), the intermediate filament protein characteristically expressed in cells of mesenchymal origin, results in ..
- Re-expression of miR-21 contributes to migration and invasion by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition consistent with cancer stem cell characteristics in MCF-7 cellsMingli Han
Department of Endocrine Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
Mol Cell Biochem 363:427-36. 2012..of miR-21 induced the acquisition of EMT phenotype by activation of mesenchymal cell markers (N-cadherin, Vimentin, α-SMA) and inhibition of epithelial cell marker (E-cadherin) in MCF-7/miR-21 cells, which consistent with ..
- Involvement of the transcription factor twist in phenotype alteration through epithelial-mesenchymal transition in lung cancer cellsHarunori Nakashima
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Mol Carcinog 51:400-10. 2012..The lung cancer cell lines with high twist expression also tended to show a high vimentin/E-cadherin ratio, which was supported by a migration assay, in which high twist expression gave rise to high cell ..
- Vimentin regulates scribble activity by protecting it from proteasomal degradationDominic C Y Phua
Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Cancer and Developmental Cell Biology Division, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore 138673, Republic of Singapore
Mol Biol Cell 20:2841-55. 2009..Scrib binds vimentin via its postsynaptic density 95/disc-large/zona occludens domains and in MDCK cells redistributes from filaments ..
- Vimentin function in lymphocyte adhesion and transcellular migrationMikko Nieminen
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, P O Box 123, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Nat Cell Biol 8:156-62. 2006..The initiation of this process was markedly reduced in vimentin-deficient (vim(-/-)) PBMCs and endothelial cells...
- Vimentin-mediated signalling is required for IbeA+ E. coli K1 invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cellsFeng Chi
Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Biochem J 427:79-90. 2010..b>Vimentin was identified as an IbeA-binding protein on the surface of HBMECs (human BMECs)...
- A comparison of intermediate filament markers for presumptive astroglia in the developing rat neocortex: immunostaining against nestin reveals more detail, than GFAP or vimentinM Kalman
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Semmelweis University of Medicine, Tuzoltó 58, 1094, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Dev Neurosci 19:101-8. 2001..rat cortex between the day of birth (P0) and the 18th postnatal day (P18), after immunostaining against nestin, vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP)...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition generates proliferative human islet precursor cellsMarvin C Gershengorn
Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8029, USA
Science 306:2261-4. 2004....
- RCAS1, MT, and vimentin as potential markers of tumor microenvironment remodelingMagdalena Dutsch-Wicherek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Jagiellonian University, Sniadeckich 2, Krakow, Poland
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:181-8. 2010..Lastly, vimentin is a protein that would appear to be the marker for the mesenchymal transition of cells from the epithelial ..
- Reduction of renal mass is lethal in mice lacking vimentin. Role of endothelin-nitric oxide imbalanceF Terzi
INSERM U 380, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 100:1520-8. 1997..Disruption, by homologous recombination, of the gene encoding vimentin, a class III intermediate filament protein mainly expressed in vascular cells, was reported to result in ..
- Co-expression of tenascin-C and vimentin in human breast cancer cells indicates phenotypic transdifferentiation during tumour progression: correlation with histopathological parameters, hormone receptors, and oncoproteinsN Dandachi
Institute of Pathological Anatomy, Landeskliniken Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
J Pathol 193:181-9. 2001..In human breast carcinomas, up-regulation of tenascin-C (TN-C) and vimentin (Vim) is frequently observed in cancer cells and correlates with increased malignancy...
- Antibodies to alpha B-crystallin, vimentin, and heat shock protein 70 in aqueous humor of patients with normal tension glaucoma and IgG antibody patterns against retinal antigen in aqueous humorStephanie C Joachim
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Curr Eye Res 32:501-9. 2007..To show the existence of IgG antibodies against retinal antigens in aqueous humor of normal tension glaucoma patients...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in the development and progression of adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the lungLudmila Prudkin
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Mod Pathol 22:668-78. 2009..analyzed for immunohistochemical expression by image analysis of E-cadherin, N-cadherin, integrin-alpha v beta 6, vimentin, and matrix metalloproteinase-9. The findings were compared with the patients' clinicopathologic features...
- Vimentin binding to phosphorylated Erk sterically hinders enzymatic dephosphorylation of the kinaseEran Perlson
Department of Biological Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
J Mol Biol 364:938-44. 2006Cleavage fragments of de novo synthesized vimentin were recently reported to interact with phosphorylated Erk1 and Erk2 MAP kinases (pErk) in injured sciatic nerve, thus linking pErk to a signaling complex retrogradely transported on ..
- Culture of rat endometrial telocytesKota Hatta
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery and Toronto, General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 16:1392-6. 2012..In both species, telocytes also stained positive for vimentin and connexin 43. Telopodes were observed connecting cell colonies and connecting distant cells...
- MicroRNA-30a inhibits cell migration and invasion by downregulating vimentin expression and is a potential prognostic marker in breast cancerChun Wen Cheng
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:1081-93. 2012..The functional interaction between the candidate miRNA, miR-30a, and the target gene, Vim, which codes for vimentin, a protein involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition, was examined using the luciferase reporter assay, ..
- C-kit immunopositive interstitial cells (Cajal-type) in human myometriumSanda M Ciontea
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, 050474, Romania
J Cell Mol Med 9:407-20. 2005..interstitial cells in human uterus are contradictory in terms of c-kit immunoreactivity: either negative (but vimentin-positive) in pregnant myometrium, or positive, presumably in the endometrium...
- Vimentin-positive, c-kit-negative interstitial cells in human and rat uterus: a role in pacemaking?R A Duquette
Department of Physiology, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 72:276-83. 2005..They stained positive for the intermediate filament, vimentin, a marker for cells of mesenchymal origin but not differentiated myocytes...
- Down-regulation of vimentin expression inhibits carcinoma cell migration and adhesionLorna McInroy
Centre for Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine, School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, DH1 3LE Durham, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:109-14. 2007b>Vimentin is a type III Intermediate filament protein that is expressed frequently in epithelial carcinomas correlating with invasiveness and poor prognosis...
- Inactivation of the glial fibrillary acidic protein gene, but not that of vimentin, improves neuronal survival and neurite growth by modifying adhesion molecule expressionV Menet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U336, Universite Montpellier II, F 34095 Montpellier, France
J Neurosci 21:6147-58. 2001..astrocytes play a major role in neuronal migration and neuritogenesis, and their IFs are mainly composed of vimentin. In mature differentiated astrocytes, vimentin is replaced by the IF protein glial fibrillary acidic protein (..
- High-resolution multi-parameter DNA flow cytometry enables detection of tumour and stromal cell subpopulations in paraffin-embedded tissuesWillem E Corver
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Pathol 206:233-41. 2005..Cells were simultaneously stained for keratin (FITC), vimentin (R-PE), and DNA (PI) before flow cytometric analysis...
- The endo-lysosomal sorting machinery interacts with the intermediate filament cytoskeletonMelanie L Styers
Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:5369-82. 2004..Concomitant with these architectural changes, and similarly to AP-3-null mocha cells, fibroblasts lacking vimentin were compromised in their vesicular zinc uptake, their organellar pH, and their total and surface content of AP-3 ..
- Forced unfolding of proteins within cellsColin P Johnson
Biophysical Engineering Lab, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 317:663-6. 2007..Within mesenchymal stem cells-as a prototypical adherent cell-nonmuscle myosin IIA and vimentin are just two of the cytoskeletal proteins identified that show differential labeling in tensed versus drug-..
- Impaired wound healing in embryonic and adult mice lacking vimentinB Eckes
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
J Cell Sci 113:2455-62. 2000It is generally assumed that the vimentin intermediate filament network present in most mesenchymally-derived cells is in part responsible for the strength and integrity of these cells, and necessary for any tissue movements that require ..
- Antibodies against mutated citrullinated vimentin are a better predictor of disease activity at 24 months in early rheumatoid arthritis than antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptidesLena Innala
Department of Rheumatology, Department of Clinical Immunology, and Department of Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Rheumatol 35:1002-8. 2008..To evaluate the predictive values for disease progression of various antibodies against citrullinated peptide proteins (ACPA) and their relation to PTPN22 1858C/T polymorphism and HLA-DRB1 alleles in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Vimentin and laminin expression is associated with basal-like phenotype in both sporadic and BRCA1-associated breast carcinomasSocorro Maria Rodriguez-Pinilla
Laboratory of Breast and Gynaecological Cancer, Molecular Pathology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Pathol 60:1006-12. 2007To determine whether basal-like phenotype and vimentin and/or laminin are related in both sporadic/familial (BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutated) tumours.
- Shear flow increases S-nitrosylation of proteins in endothelial cellsBin Huang
Cardiovascular Division, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 sec 2 Academia Rd NanKang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 83:536-46. 2009..S-nitrosylation of endothelial proteins after shear flow treatment has not been fully explored. In this study, the CyDye switch method was utilized to examine S-nitrosylated proteins in ECs after exposure to shear flow...
- Gap junctions and connexin expression in human suburothelial interstitial cellsG P Sui
Institute of Urology, London, UK
BJU Int 90:118-29. 2002..To determine whether suburothelial interstitial cells of the human bladder express gap junctions, and if so, to establish their extent and composition, using immunocytochemistry, confocal microscopy and electron microscopy...
- Transforming growth factor-β1 promotes lung adenocarcinoma invasion and metastasis by epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitionHui Jun Zhang
Tenth People Hospital of Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biochem 355:309-14. 2011..under a phase contrast microscope, then western blotting was employed to detect the expression of E-cadherin, vimentin, and fibronectin, and finally cell motility and invasion were evaluated by cell wound-healing as well as invasion ..
- Expression of E-cadherin and vimentin correlates with metastasis formation in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patientsMonique M Nijkamp
Department of Radiation Oncology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 99:344-8. 2011..b>Vimentin is highly expressed in mesenchymal cells and is positively correlated with increased metastasis...
- Citrullinated vimentin as an important antigen in immune complexes from synovial fluid of rheumatoid arthritis patients with antibodies against citrullinated proteinsKatleen Van Steendam
Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R132. 2010....
- The origin of vimentin expression in invasive breast cancer: epithelial-mesenchymal transition, myoepithelial histogenesis or histogenesis from progenitor cells with bilinear differentiation potential?Eberhard Korsching
Institute of Pathology, University of Munster, Germany
J Pathol 206:451-7. 2005b>Vimentin expression is a rather rare finding in invasive breast cancer, and is associated with high tumour invasiveness and chemoresistance...
- Hierarchical structure controls nanomechanical properties of vimentin intermediate filamentsZhao Qin
Laboratory for Atomistic and Molecular Mechanics, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7294. 2009..Here we utilize an atomistic-level model of the human vimentin dimer and tetramer to study their response to mechanical tensile stress, and describe a detailed analysis of the ..
- Nuclear-Cytoplasmic Shuttling of Foxc2 via 14-3-3 Determines Proximal Tubule CellDIANA LYNNE GOLDEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..leads to repression of epithelial markers (E-cadherin and catenins) and an increase in mesenchymal markers (vimentin and [unreadable]-Sma)...
- Abnormal Bladder Epithelial Cell Gene Expression in BPS/ICSUSAN F KEAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..coupled with abnormal proteoglycan and protein expression (including tight junction and adherens proteins, vimentin, and uroplakin III)...
- Role of Vimentin in Pathogenesis of CNS InflammationSheng He Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The E. coli IbeA receptor Vimentin (Vim), in conjunction with its co-receptor PSF, plays an important role in the pathogenesis of neonatal sepsis and meningitis (NSM), which remains a major cause of ..
- Impact of smoking on immune response and arthritis in humanized miceVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2011..increase disease severity by modulating immune response in lungs leading to presentation of a self protein like Vimentin ensuing autoreactive response. In this proposal, we have 2 aims...
- Effect of Major Depression and antidepressants on human neurogenesisMaura Boldrini; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nestin, Pax6, GFAP), neuronal progenitors cells and neuroblasts (TUC-4, TUJ-1, PSA-NCAM), or immature glia (Vimentin) will be used to establish the phenotype of the dividing cells...
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEALAN DAVID LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..when the T cell is bound to collagen, and that the pattern of serine phosphorylation on the head domain of vimentin (the key component of the intermediate filament in T cells) is similarly distinct...
- Diagnosis of sub-clinical cryptic group A streptococcal myonecrosisAmy Evelyn Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two complimentary approaches will be taken. The first is a vimentin-focused approach that extends our previously published findings supporting a role for vimentin/GAS interaction in ..
- Regulation and Catalysis of Human Insulin Degrading EnzymeWei Jen Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..IDE by dimerization, physiologically relevant cellular factors such as intermediate filament proteins, nestin and vimentin, and by posttranslational modifications such as phosphorylation and acetylation...
- Personalized therapeutics for inhibiting breast cancer metastasisDEBRA AUGUSTE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mechanistic studies will complement in vitro studies;the expression of RhoA, Rac1, Erk1, PI3K, E-cadherin, vimentin, and fibronectin will assess the effect of CEL therapy on cell migration, activation, survival, and the EMT...
- Repressing HIF-1: targets and mechanismsNianli Sang; Fiscal Year: 2012..control system (QCS) plays a central role in regulating HIF-1a stability, and this QCS involves Hsp70/Hsp90, vimentin, proteasome and microtubule function;and 2) histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced repression of HIF-1 ..
- Cytoskeletal Pliability within Cells under Stress: RBCs and Marrow-derived SCsDennis E Discher; Fiscal Year: 2012..Within mesenchymal stem cells, initial results show non-muscle myosin IIA, filamin-A, and vimentin are just a few of the cytoskeletal proteins that exhibit differential labeling in tensed versus relaxed cells...
- Great Lakes/New England Clinical Validation CenterDean E Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the next grant period, the GLNE-CVC proposes to 1. To determine the performance of vimentin methylation, galectin-3 ligand, the Exact stool DNA panel, and fecal immunochemical test (FIT) for the early ..
- ESCHERICHIA COLI INVASION OF BRAIN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSSheng He Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..coli K1 in vitro (BMEC) and in vivo (meningitis in murine neonates). Vimentin is the common receptor on BMEC and PMN surface that contributes to IbeA/E-mediated pathogenicities...
- SpyA, a novel S. pyogenes ADP-ribosyltransferaseSTEPHEN L MOSELEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..pyogenes ADP-ribosylating toxin. SpyA transfers the ADP-ribose portion of NAD onto the cytoskeletal proteins vimentin, actin, and tropomyosin...
- Chronic Graft Destruction: Interplay of Allo- and Autoantibodies and NonadherenceSteven A Webber; Fiscal Year: 2013..determine the long-term impact of DSA (preformed versus de novo) and antibodies to self-antigens (cardiac myosin, vimentin) on chronic graft function...
- Mechanism of Anthrax Lethal Factor ToxicityUsamah S Kayyali; Fiscal Year: 2012..the endothelial permeability barrier through strengthening adhesive forces mediated by actin stress fiber and vimentin intermediate filament network formation...
- Molecular regulation of breast cancer growthMarsha A Moses; Fiscal Year: 2010..of epithelial markers such as E-cadherin, along with a concomitant upregulation of the mesenchymal markers vimentin and fibronectin as well as inducing the development or a scattering phenotype consistent with the loss of E-..
- Regulation of Type I Collagen in Hepatic FibrosisBranko Stefanovic; Fiscal Year: 2012..5'stem-loop interacting proteins, RBM14, nucleolin, vimentin and RNA helicase A, have been identified by proteomics approach...
- Modulation of junctional signaling by BVES in colorectal carcinomaChristopher S Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..the line with conversion to epithelial morphology and increased expression of cytokeratin and reciprocal loss of vimentin. These phenotypic changes were associated with increased E-cadherin expression with a shift in [unreadable]-..
- The role of Vimentin in cell adhesion and lung cancer metastasisLAUREN SMITH HAVEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The intermediate filament, vimentin, is upregulated in migrating cells, indicating a role in metastasis...
- Roles of CC chemokine activity in mast cell responses and ocular allergySanta Jeremy Ono; Fiscal Year: 2012..For the third aim, the roles of potential proteomic mediators of MIP-1[unreadable]-CCR1 activity, specifically vimentin and PI3K[unreadable], will be assessed using the in vitro mast cell assays and in vivo adoptive transfer model...
- Effects of NSAIDs on the genesis of streptococcal myonecrosis after traumaAmy Evelyn Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2013..human skeletal muscle cells increases the binding of invasive GAS and that surface-expressed skeletal muscle vimentin mediates this adhesion...
- Cadherin Regulation in Dermal Endothelial CellsAndrew P Kowalczyk; Fiscal Year: 2013..functions as a scaffold for a series of proteins termed catenins, which couple VE-cadherin to actin and vimentin cytoskeletal networks. p120 catenin regulation of VE-cadherin is the focus of this proposal...
- Molecular targets of Corneal Anti-fibrosisRoyce Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2013..A second innovative discovery, afforded by the chemical genetic approach, illuminated vimentin, a type III intermediate filament (IF) protein, as the binding target of WFA...
- Defining the role of eIF4F in metastatic castration resistant prostate cancerANDREW CALEB HSIEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, he has identified a cohort of eIF4F regulated pro-invasion mRNAs (YB-1, MTA-1, CD44, and vimentin) in prostate cancer necessary for tumor invasion and metastasis, which he showed can be pharmacologically ..
- Molecular Regulation of Epithelial-Mesenchymal TransitionsDOUGLAS CHASE DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..transition defects in the corneal endothelium, with acquisition of E cadherin expression and loss of vimentin expression. Such epithelial/ectodermal vs...
- AKT-Vimentin interaction;a potential role in soft tissue sarcoma progression andMENASHE BARELI; Fiscal Year: 2013..immuno -incompetent mice, AKT inhibition interferes with STS growth, perhaps by disrupting AKT interaction with vimentin, a critical structural protein that may also have oncologically-relevant functional properties...
- The role of FGF signaling in suppressing astrogliosisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2012..preliminary data indicate that in FGF receptor triple mutants there is a tremendous increase in astrocytic GFAP, Vimentin, and Nestin expression, indicative of astrogliosis...
- Regulation and Function of Intermediate Filaments in Cell MechanicsRobert D Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the assembly states and mechanical properties of cytoskeletal IF, specifically the type III IF composed of vimentin (VIF), play important roles in regulating the micromechanical properties of cells in response to mechano- and ..
- ACTIONS OF CYCLIC GMP IN SMOOTH MUSCLEThomas Lincoln; Fiscal Year: 1999..that may be involved in localizing cGMP kinase to substrates is the cytoskeletal intermediate filament protein vimentin. We propose to study the mechanism by which cGMP binds to cytoskeletal vimentin in vitro and in the intact cell...
- Communication between platelet SERT and plasma 5HTFusun Kilic; Fiscal Year: 2013..surface SERT by focusing on the intracellular tethering of SERT by Rab4, and the 5HT-mediated phosphorylation of vimentin that promotes SERT internalization in platelets...
- Corneal Epithelial Growth Factors and ReceptorsSTEVEN EUGENE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Specific aims of this proposal are to test the hypotheses that 1) development of mature vimentin+/[unreadable]-smooth muscle actin+/desmin+ (V+A+D+) myofibroblasts from corneal stromal or bone marrow- derived ..
- miRNAs 424 and 152 as Mediators of the Mesenchymal Phenotype in Breast Cancer EMTDavid J Drasin; Fiscal Year: 2013..this idea, our preliminary data indicate miR-424 is sufficient to induce th mesenchymal-like genes N-cadherin and vimentin, which typically correlate positively with breast cancer metastasis in vivo, without affecting epithelial ..
- Alemtuzumab and Regulatory T Cells for Heart Transplant Tolerance in MonkeysAngus W Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2013..of anti-donor T cell responses, (iv) development of anti-donor antibodies (Abs), (v) development of anti-vimentin and anti-myosin Abs, and T cell responses to these autoantigens, and (vi) assessment of memory T cell responses...
- Mechanisms of Angiogenic Switch Activation During Wound RepairKayla J Bayless; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that pro-angiogenic factors stimulate phosphorylation and calpain-dependent cleavage of vimentin, which controls downstream activation of membrane-associated proteinases and initiates sprout formation...
- The Effect of Arterial Stiffening on Endothelial MonolayersMaria E Murray; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be done by investigating the cytoskeleton of the cells - particularly the vimentin intermediate filament network as it has been shown to play a role in permeability of the monolayer...
- The Role of CARMIL2 in Cell Migration and InvasionMICHAEL HUNTER LANIER; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Vimentin expression is a hallmark of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in carcinoma cells and correlates strongly with ..
- Control of lung cancer invasion and metastasis by vimentinAdam I Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Numerous reports show that the intermediate filament protein vimentin is overexpressed in invasive human tumors but is nearly undetectable in non- invasive, stationary tumors...
- LCM Analysis and Mouse Models to Validate miRs in Prostate Tumor ProgressionZENDRA ELIZABETH ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..verified that miR-17-3p functions in vitro and in vivo as a prostate tumor suppressor and targets the protein, vimentin. Aim 1 will define the impact of miR17-3p to orthoptopic tumorigenicty and metastasis, and elucidate additional ..
- Rap1Gap and Tumor ProgressionJudy L Meinkoth; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rap1GAP-deficient tumor cells lacked E-cadherin and acquired the expression of vimentin, indicative of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition...
- Gene-Product Auto-Targeting to Tumor VesselsShulin Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also revealed that this tumor-targeting IL-12 (IL-12-VNTANST) binds to vimentin, a protein known as an intracellular protein and increased in metastatic tumors...
- Endocrine Status of MG Stroma Alters Breast CA InvasionPepper Schedin; Fiscal Year: 2004..The effects of mammary matrix on key markers of EMT, actin fiber organization, and expression of E-cadherin, vimentin, gelsolin and Fspl proteins, will be determined biochemically...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF FETAL STRIATAL TISSUE TRANSPLANTSAndrew Norman; Fiscal Year: 1992..presence of astrocytes in the transplant and host brain using the markers for glial fibrillary acidic protein and vimentin which label mature and immature astrocytes respectively...
- Mechanisms of fibrosis in pediatric liver diseasesRebecca G Wells; Fiscal Year: 2011..1) that cholangiocyte dysfunction, namely the acquisition of mesenchymal characteristics including expression of vimentin, is typical of pediatric biliary fibrosis;2) that cholangiocytes are mechanosensitive, and that their responses ..
- AUTOANTIBODIES TO CELLULAR MATRIX ANTIGENS IN CFSENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cellular structures (nuclear envelope, vimentin-containing intermediate filaments and a nuclear matrix particle visualized in immunofluorescence as reticulated ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL CYTOSKELETON IN HYPEROXIASusan Harding; Fiscal Year: 1992..studies will involve all three cytoskeletal filament systems, the microfilaments (actin), intermediate filaments (vimentin, desmin and keratin), and microtubules (tubulin). We will pursue the following specific aims...
- MECHANISMS OF INFLAMMATORY EDEMADOUGLAS SHASBY; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is also linked via gamma-cantenin to vimentin. Our data and that of others indicate that histamine decreases the association of VE-cadherin with the ..
- VIMENTINSS REGULATORY FACTORS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTZENDRA ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The cytoskeletal proteins, vimentin and desmin, provide an excellent model system for determining how genes are differentially expressed during ..
- INTERMEDIATE FILAMENTS--MOLECULAR APPROACH TO FUNCTIONSTEPHEN TAPSCOTT; Fiscal Year: 1990..will be the contribution of desmin to myofibril integrity; the ability of mature neurons to transport and degrade vimentin; the role of neurofilaments in neurite stability; and the role of IF in cell viability and differentiation...
- MECHANISMS AND BIOLOGICAL ROLE OF KINESIN PROCESSIVITYDaniel Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2001..It also functions in transport of non-membranous vimentin particles and organization of the intermediate filaments...
- Mechanisms of Calmodulin-dependent EC Barrier RegulationAlexander Verin; Fiscal Year: 2004..proteins including Ca2+/CaM-dependent regulatory protein caldesmon and CaMKII targets, filamin, tau and vimentin. Together, these data clearly convey the complex involvement of Ca2+/CaM-dependent signaling pathways in the ..
- Polarized Targeting of Metabotropic Glutamate ReceptorsAnna Francesconi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Preliminary results have identified three proteins, alpha-actinin-4, myosin IC and vimentin as potential components of the mGluRlb associated complex...
- MICROTUBULES IN TESTICULAR TOXICITY OF CARBENDAZIMMARION MILLER; Fiscal Year: 1999..The vimentin-knockout mouse provides an excellent experimental model for testing the role of intermediate filaments in the ..
- HOW DO NEURONS REPLACE VIMENTIN WITH NEUROFILAMENTS?Thomas Shea; Fiscal Year: 1999..of neuronal intermediate filaments (IFs) accompanies these events, in which neurons rely on the generic vimentin IF system to initiate the outgrowth of highly-plastic, putative axonal neurites, then subsequently deposit ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF CYTOKERATINS DURING TUMOR INVASIONMary Hendrix; Fiscal Year: 1992..expression of cytokeratins (CKs) by certain human melanoma cells, in addition to their classical expression of vimentin, plays an important role in contributing to the invasive behavior of the highly metastatic tumor cells...
- KIDNEY INJURY MOLECULE-1 IN RENAL INJURY AND REPAIRZhiwei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..portion, and its expression in the postischemic kidney is also co-localized with the de-differentiation marker vimentin and proliferation marker bromodeoxyuridine...
- ROLE OF EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX IN MORPHOGENESISElizabeth Hay; Fiscal Year: 1993..We expect vimentin mRNA to appear before cells elongate, actin mRNA to move to the front end as the cells elongate and type I ..
- FUNCTION OF GFAP IN ASTROCYTE DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEAlbee Messing; Fiscal Year: 2002..fiber formation by crossing the GFAP transgene into mice that are unable to express the endogenous mouse GFAP, vimentin, or alphaB-crystallin (three of the major components of Rosenthal fibers)...
- DIGITAL IMAGING FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY FACILITYKevin Strange; Fiscal Year: 1991..in single living cells and to localize ankyrin with respect to other membrane an cytoskeletal components such as vimentin, tubulin, the Na+/K+ ATPase, etc. Finally, Dr...
- Mechanisms of TGFbeta-mediated fibroblastic transitionAndrei Bakin; Fiscal Year: 2006..in cell morphology, reorganization of the cell cytoskeleton, expression of fibroblastic markers (fibronectin, vimentin) and enhancement of cell migration...
- GLIAL FILAMENT ASSOCIATED PROTEINS IN HUMAN ASTROCYTOMASOmar Skalli; Fiscal Year: 2000..of astrocytoma cells; 3) To characterize at the molecular level the interactions between IFAP 300, GFAP, vimentin, and the plasma membrane; 4) To determine the factors regulating the interactions between IFAP 300 and glial ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF INTERMEDIATE FILAMENT STRUCTURERobert Evans; Fiscal Year: 1991..The proposed experiments will use the intermediate filament protein vimentin as a model for phosphorylation regulated filament organization...