Genomes and Genes
serum amyloid p component
Summary: Amyloid P component is a small, non-fibrillar glycoprotein found in normal serum and in all amyloid deposits. It has a pentagonal (pentaxin) structure. It is an acute phase protein, modulates immunologic responses, inhibits ELASTASE, and has been suggested as an indicator of LIVER DISEASE.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Pentraxins at the crossroads between innate immunity, inflammation, matrix deposition, and female fertilityCecilia Garlanda
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
Annu Rev Immunol 23:337-66. 2005C reactive protein, the first innate immunity receptor identified, and serum amyloid P component are classic short pentraxins produced in the liver. Long pentraxins, including the prototype PTX3, are expressed in a variety of tissues...
- Prognostic significance of the long pentraxin PTX3 in acute myocardial infarctionRoberto Latini
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Circulation 110:2349-54. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the prognostic value of PTX3 in MI compared with the best-known and clinically relevant biological markers...
- PTX3 plays a key role in the organization of the cumulus oophorus extracellular matrix and in in vivo fertilizationAntonietta Salustri
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome 00133, Italy
Development 131:1577-86. 2004..Thus, PTX3 is a structural constituent of the cumulus oophorus extracellular matrix essential for female fertility...
- Non-redundant role of the long pentraxin PTX3 in anti-fungal innate immune responseCecilia Garlanda
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, 20157 Milan, Italy
Nature 420:182-6. 2002..The classical short pentraxins, C-reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid P component (SAP), are acute-phase proteins produced in the liver in response to inflammatory mediators...
- Interleukin-1-inducible genes in endothelial cells. Cloning of a new gene related to C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P componentF Breviario
Istituto Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 267:22190-7. 1992..beta) has led to the identification of a novel gene (PTX3) related to pentaxins (C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component in man), a subclass of acute phase proteins...
- Multimer formation and ligand recognition by the long pentraxin PTX3. Similarities and differences with the short pentraxins C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P componentB Bottazzi
From the Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:32817-23. 1997..binding properties of human PTX3, in comparison with the classical pentraxins C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component. Sequencing of Chinese hamster ovary cell-expressed PTX3 revealed that the mature secreted protein ..
- Production of the long pentraxin PTX3 in advanced atherosclerotic plaquesMichael S Rolph
Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:e10-4. 2002..Infrequent expression by smooth muscle cells was also observed. Our results suggest that PTX3 may contribute to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- TSG-14, a tumor necrosis factor- and IL-1-inducible protein, is a novel member of the pentaxin family of acute phase proteinsG W Lee
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
J Immunol 150:1804-12. 1993..Our data strongly suggest that TSG-14 is a novel member of the pentaxin family of acute phase proteins...
- Inducible expression of PTX3, a new member of the pentraxin family, in human mononuclear phagocytesV V Alles
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche, Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Blood 84:3483-93. 1994The pentraxins C-reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid P component (SAP) are acute-phase proteins produced by liver epithelial cells...
- Biochemical and functional characterization of the interaction between pentraxin 3 and C1qAlma J Nauta
Department of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 33:465-73. 2003..Classical short pentraxins, C-reactive protein, and serum amyloid P component can bind to C1q and thereby activate the classical complement pathway...
- Expression of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) in human atherosclerotic lesionsAs Savchenko
Department of Cellular Function, Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Pathol 215:48-55. 2008..Interestingly, we also clearly observed PTX3-positive neutrophils infiltrating into atherosclerotic plaques, suggesting that PTX3 derived from neutrophils as well as macrophages plays an important role in atherogenesis...
- The physiological structure of human C-reactive protein and its complex with phosphocholineD Thompson
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 7PX UK
Structure 7:169-77. 1999..CRP may also have pathogenic effects and the recent discovery of a prognostic association between increased CRP production and coronary atherothrombotic events is of particular interest...
- Establishment of a high sensitivity plasma assay for human pentraxin3 as a marker for unstable angina pectorisKenji Inoue
Laboratory for Systems Biology and Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo, 153 8904, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:161-7. 2007..To critically evaluate the role of PTX3 in UAP, a sensitive and precise measurement of PTX3 concentration is needed...
- Characterization of the long pentraxin PTX3 as a TNFalpha-induced secreted protein of adipose cellsAnissa Abderrahim-Ferkoune
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Centre de Biochimie, UMR 6543 CNRS, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Lipid Res 44:994-1000. 2003..In conclusion, PTX3 appears as a TNFalpha-induced protein that provides a new link between chronic low-level inflammatory state and obesity...
- Three dimensional structure of human C-reactive proteinA K Shrive
Department of Physics, Keele University, Keele, UK
Nat Struct Biol 3:346-54. 1996..The structure provides insights into the molecular mechanisms by which this highly conserved plasma protein, for which no polymorphism or deficiency state is known, may exert its biological role...
- Pentraxins in innate immunity: from C-reactive protein to the long pentraxin PTX3Alberto Mantovani
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089, Milan, Rozzano, Italy
J Clin Immunol 28:1-13. 2008..Evidence suggests that PTX3 is a useful new serological marker, rapidly reflecting tissue inflammation and damage under diverse clinical conditions...
- Cloning of mouse ptx3, a new member of the pentraxin gene family expressed at extrahepatic sitesM Introna
Istituto di Recerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Blood 87:1862-72. 1996Pentraxins, which include C reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid P component (SAP), are prototypic acute phase reactants that serve as indicators of inflammatory reactions...
- PTX3 interacts with inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor: implications for hyaluronan organization and cumulus oophorus expansionLaura Scarchilli
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome
J Biol Chem 282:30161-70. 2007....
- PTX3 function as an opsonin for the dectin-1-dependent internalization of zymosan by macrophagesS N Diniz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Leukoc Biol 75:649-56. 2004..Our results provide evidence for a role of PTX3 as an important component of the innate-immune response and as part of the host mechanisms that control fungal recognition and phagocytosis...
- Binding of the long pentraxin PTX3 to factor H: interacting domains and function in the regulation of complement activationLivija Deban
Laboratory for Immunology and Inflammation, Instituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Italy
J Immunol 181:8433-40. 2008..Thus, our findings identify PTX3 as a unique FH ligand in that it can bind both of the two hot-spots of FH, namely SCR7 and SCR19-20 and indicate that PTX3 participates in the localization of functionally active FH...
- Determination of physiological plasma pentraxin 3 (PTX3) levels in healthy populationsKazumi Yamasaki
Narao Hospital, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:471-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the distribution of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) values in healthy subjects and to characterize its relationship with gender, age, body mass index (BMI), lipid profile, and blood sugar levels...
- Structure of pentameric human serum amyloid P componentJ Emsley
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Birkbeck College, London, UK
Nature 367:338-45. 1994The three-dimensional structure of pentameric human serum amyloid P component at high resolution, the first reported for a pentraxin, reveals that the tertiary fold is remarkably similar to that of the legume lectins...
- Pentraxins as a key component of innate immunityBarbara Bottazzi
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Curr Opin Immunol 18:10-5. 2006..Evidence suggests that PTX3 acts as a non-redundant component of the humoral arm of innate immunity, downstream of, and complementary to, cellular recognition, as well as a tuner of inflammation...
- Targeted pharmacological depletion of serum amyloid P component for treatment of human amyloidosisM B Pepys
Centre for Amyloidosis and Acute Phase Proteins, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London NW3 2PF, UK
Nature 417:254-9. 2002The normal plasma protein serum amyloid P component (SAP) binds to fibrils in all types of amyloid deposits, and contributes to the pathogenesis of amyloidosis...
- Knockout of pentraxin 3, a downstream target of growth differentiation factor-9, causes female subfertilitySimona Varani
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:1154-67. 2002..These studies demonstrate that PTX3 plays important roles in cumulus cell-oocyte interaction in the periovulatory period as a downstream protein in the GDF-9 signal transduction cascade...
- Promoter structure and transcriptional activation of the murine TSG-14 gene encoding a tumor necrosis factor/interleukin-1-inducible pentraxin proteinA Altmeyer
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 270:25584-90. 1995..to proteins of the pentraxin family, which includes the acute phase reactants C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component. Levels of TSG-14 protein (also termed PTX-3) become elevated in the serum of mice and humans after ..
- Relationship of TSG-14 protein to the pentraxin family of major acute phase proteinsG W Lee
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
J Immunol 153:3700-7. 1994..encodes a secreted glycoprotein with significant sequence homology to C-reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid P component (SAP), members of the pentraxin family of acute phase proteins...
- Modified atherogenic lipoproteins induce expression of pentraxin-3 by human vascular smooth muscle cellsMariam Klouche
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 175:221-8. 2004..We provide evidence for marked expression of PTX3 by VSMC induced by degraded lipoproteins, which may lead to an in situ vascular acute-phase reaction, contributing to the inflammatory pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- A pentameric form of human serum amyloid P component. Crystallization, X-ray diffraction and neutron scattering studiesS P Wood
Department of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, London, U K
J Mol Biol 202:169-73. 1988Human serum amyloid P component crystallizes from sodium acetate buffer (pH 5.5) in the presence of calcium and polyethylene glycol 6000, at 4 degrees C. The space group is P2(1) and the cell parameters are a = 69.0 A (1 A = 0...
- Expression of a long pentraxin, PTX3, by monocytes exposed to the mycobacterial cell wall component lipoarabinomannanV Vouret-Craviari
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Infect Immun 65:1345-50. 1997..The significance of PTX3 in the immunobiology of mycobacterial infection and its relevance in relation to clinical involvement remain to be determined...
- Serum amyloid P component and C-reactive protein mediate phagocytosis through murine Fc gamma RsC Mold
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Immunol 166:1200-5. 2001The pentraxins, serum amyloid P component (SAP) and C-reactive protein (CRP) are acute-phase serum proteins in mice and humans, respectively...
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding synthetic peptides derived from serum amyloid P component neutralize LPSC J de Haas
Department of Inflammation, Eijkman Winkler Institute, University Utrecht, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 67:2790-6. 1999..We showed that serum amyloid P component (SAP) neutralizes LPS...
- Pentraxin 3 in acute respiratory distress syndrome: an early marker of severityTommaso Mauri
General Intensive Care Unit, Department of Perioperative Medicine and Intensive Care, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Milano, Italy
Crit Care Med 36:2302-8. 2008..We investigated the role of pentraxin 3 as a marker of severity and outcome predictor of acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome...
- The pattern recognition receptor PTX3 is recruited at the synapse between dying and dendritic cells, and edits the cross-presentation of self, viral, and tumor antigensParamita Baruah
Cancer Immunotherapy and Gene Therapy Program, H San Raffaele Institute, Milan, Italy
Blood 107:151-8. 2006..These data suggest that PTX3 acts as a third-party agent between microbial stimuli and dying cells, contributing to limit tissue damage under inflammatory conditions and the activation of autoreactive T cells...
- Serum amyloid P component and C-reactive protein opsonize apoptotic cells for phagocytosis through Fcgamma receptorsCarolyn Mold
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Autoimmun 19:147-54. 2002b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) and C-reactive protein (CRP) are opsonins that react with nuclear autoantigens targeted in systemic autoimmunity...
- Complement dependent amplification of the innate response to a cognate microbial ligand by the long pentraxin PTX3Alessia Cotena
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milan, Italy
J Immunol 179:6311-7. 2007..The results reported here demonstrate that PTX3 activates a complement-dependent humoral amplification loop of the innate response to a microbial ligand...
- PTX3 in small-vessel vasculitides: an independent indicator of disease activity produced at sites of inflammationF Fazzini
Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele and Università, Milan, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 44:2841-50. 2001..To verify whether the prototypical long pentraxin PTX3 represents an indicator of the activity of small-vessel vasculitis...
- Elevated plasma levels of the long pentraxin, pentraxin 3, in severe dengue virus infectionsAlbert T A Mairuhu
Department of Internal Medicine, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 76:547-52. 2005..The role of pentraxin 3 in the pathogenesis of dengue and its potential as an early prognostic indicator of disease severity needs further assessment...
- Serum amyloid P component binds to late apoptotic cells and mediates their uptake by monocyte-derived macrophagesMarc Bijl
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 48:248-54. 2003..We undertook this study to determine whether serum amyloid P component (SAP; a pentraxin that, when deficient in mice, results in lupus-like disease) binds to apoptotic cells ..
- Role of serum amyloid P component in bacterial infection: protection of the host or protection of the pathogenM Noursadeghi
Centre for Amyloidosis and Acute Phase Proteins, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14584-9. 2000b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) binds to Streptococcus pyogenes, and we show here that it also binds to Neisseria meningitidis, including a lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-negative mutant, and to rough variants of Escherichia coli...
- Human serum amyloid P component oligomers bind and activate the classical complement pathway via residues 14-26 and 76-92 of the A chain collagen-like region of C1qS C Ying
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612
J Immunol 150:169-76. 1993b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) was polymerized using the cleavable cross-linker 3,3'-dithio-bis-(sulfo-succinimidylpropionate) to study its interaction with the C system...
- Serum amyloid P component binds to Fc gamma receptors and opsonizes particles for phagocytosisD Bharadwaj
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1501 San Pedro Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Immunol 166:6735-41. 2001b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a member of the pentraxin family of proteins. These proteins are characterized by cyclic pentameric structure, calcium-dependent ligand binding, and frequent regulation as acute-phase serum proteins...
- Accumulation and expression of serum amyloid P component in human atherosclerotic lesionsZhiqing Song
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky Medical School, Lexington, KY 40536, United States
Atherosclerosis 211:90-5. 2010b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a member of pentraxins. Previous studies indicate that SAP exists in human atherosclerotic aortic intima and the plasma SAP levels are associated with cardiovascular disease...
- Production of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3 by myeloid, but not plasmacytoid, dendritic cellsAndrea Doni
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Eur J Immunol 33:2886-93. 2003..coupled to a C-terminal pentraxin domain, the latter related to short pentraxins (C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component)...
- Influenza virus infection is not affected by serum amyloid P componentJeff Herbert
Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Mol Med 8:9-15. 2002Binding of serum amyloid P component (SAP) to its ligands, including bacteria, chromatin and amyloid fibrils, protects them from degradation, is anti-opsonic and anti-immunogenic...
- Serum amyloid P component inhibits influenza A virus infections: in vitro and in vivo studiesA Horvath
Department of Immunology, L Eotvos University, God, Hungary
Antiviral Res 52:43-53. 2001b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) binds in vitro Ca(2+)-dependently to several ligands including oligosaccharides with terminal mannose and galactose...
- Role of Shiga toxin 2 (Stx2)-binding protein, human serum amyloid P component (HuSAP), in Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli infections: assumption from in vitro and in vivo study using HuSAP and anti-Stx2 humanized monoclonal antibody TMA-15Tsuyoshi Kimura
Teijin Institute for Bio Medical Research, Teijin Ltd, 4 3 2 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191 8512, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:1057-60. 2003..in vitro had been shown to be specifically present in human serum and we recently identified it as human serum amyloid P component (HuSAP). Here, we report the role of HuSAP in STEC infections...
- Dying cells program their expedient disposal: serum amyloid P component upregulation in vivo and in vitro induced by photodynamic therapy of cancerSoroush Merchant
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Photochem Photobiol Sci 6:1284-9. 2007b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is known as a prototypic acute phase reactant in the mouse and the protein that binds to dying cells securing their swift disposal by phagocytes...
- Circulating levels of the long pentraxin PTX3 correlate with severity of infection in critically ill patientsB Muller
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Crit Care Med 29:1404-7. 2001..Compared with the short pentraxin C-reactive protein, PTX3 may be a more direct indicator of tissue involvement by inflammatory and infectious processes...
- Serum amyloid P component binding to Shiga toxin 2 requires both a subunit and B pentamerPaola Marcato
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Infect Immun 71:6075-8. 2003..A polyvalent globotriaosyl-ceramide receptor analog, Daisy, did not competitively inhibit HuSAP binding, implying that the two ligands bind to different Stx2 domains...
- Serum amyloid P component enhances induction of murine amyloidosisS Togashi
First Department of Biochemistry, Yamanashi Medical University, Japan
Lab Invest 77:525-31. 1997b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP), a common component of all known types of amyloid fibrils, protects amyloid fibrils from proteolysis in vitro...
- Serum amyloid P component associates with high density lipoprotein as well as very low density lipoprotein but not with low density lipoproteinX A Li
Department of Biochemistry, Taishan Medical College, Taian, Shandong, P R China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244:249-52. 1998b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a glycoprotein in human plasma. We previously showed that SAP is specifically localized in human atherosclerotic lesions, suggesting that SAP may play a role in atherogenesis...
- Human serum amyloid P component binds to peripheral blood monocytesS L MacDonald
Cell Therapy Group, Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service National Science Laboratory, Ellen s Glen Road, Edinburgh EH17 7QT, Scotland, UK
Scand J Immunol 64:48-52. 2006The binding of human serum amyloid P component (SAP) to blood cells and monocyte-derived dendritic cells was investigated by flow cytometry. Monocytes bound biotinylated SAP with avidity in a dose-dependent and saturable manner...
- Assessment of cerebrospinal fluid levels of serum amyloid P component in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseM Kimura
Department of Psychiatry, National Center Hospital for Mental, Nervous and Muscular Disorders, NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 273:137-9. 1999b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a normal plasma constituent that is observed both in senile plaque and in neurofibrillary tangle in brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Structure and function of the long pentraxin PTX3 glycosidic moiety: fine-tuning of the interaction with C1q and complement activationAntonio Inforzato
Department of Biology, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Biochemistry 45:11540-51. 2006..In conclusion, our results provided evidence of an involvement of the PTX3 sugar moiety in C1q recognition and complement activation...
- Human serum amyloid P component is a single uncomplexed pentamer in whole serumW L Hutchinson
Division of Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Mol Med 6:482-93. 2000b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a universal constituent of amyloid deposits and contributes to their pathogenesis. SAP also has important normal functions in the handling of chromatin in vivo and resistance to bacterial infection...
- The structures of crystalline complexes of human serum amyloid P component with its carbohydrate ligand, the cyclic pyruvate acetal of galactoseD Thompson
School of Biological Science, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Hampshire, UK
J Mol Biol 320:1081-6. 2002Two monoclinic (P2(1)) crystal forms of human serum amyloid P component (SAP) in complex with the 4,6-pyruvate acetal of beta-D-galactose (MObetaDG) were prepared. Structure analysis by molecular replacement and refinement at 2...
- Serum amyloid P component prevents high-density lipoprotein-mediated neutralization of lipopolysaccharideC J de Haas
Department of Inflammation, Eijkman Winkler Institute, University Medical Center, 3584CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 68:4954-60. 2000..Recently, serum amyloid P component (SAP) was shown to neutralize LPS in vitro, although only in the presence of low concentrations of LBP...
- Diagnostic performance and prognostic value of extravascular retention of 123I-labeled serum amyloid P component in systemic amyloidosisBouke P C Hazenberg
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 48:865-72. 2007b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) binds to amyloid. (123)I-SAP scintigraphy is used to evaluate the extent and distribution of amyloid in systemic amyloidosis and has great clinical value in the detection of systemic amyloidosis...
- Characterization of genomic and complementary DNA sequence of human C-reactive protein, and comparison with the complementary DNA sequence of serum amyloid P componentP Woo
J Biol Chem 260:13384-8. 1985..A comparison of CRP coding and amino acid sequences with those of serum amyloid P component revealed striking overall homology which was not uniform: a region of limited conservation is bounded by ..
- Serum amyloid P component levels are not decreased in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and do not rise during an acute phase reactionM Bijl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 63:831-5. 2004b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) and acute phase proteins like C-reactive protein contribute to the clearance of apoptotic cells. This response is diminished in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Preferential association of serum amyloid P component with fibrillar deposits in familial British and Danish dementias: similarities with Alzheimer's diseaseAgueda Rostagno
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
J Neurol Sci 257:88-96. 2007....
- Sustained pharmacological depletion of serum amyloid P component in patients with systemic amyloidosisJulian D Gillmore
Centre for Amyloidosis and Acute Phase Proteins and the National Amyloidosis Centre, University College London Medical School, London, UK
Br J Haematol 148:760-7. 2010b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a universal constituent of amyloid deposits and contributes to their formation and/or persistence...
- Regulation of PTX3, a key component of humoral innate immunity in human dendritic cells: stimulation by IL-10 and inhibition by IFN-gammaAndrea Doni
Istituto Clinico Humanitas ICH, Via Manzoni, 56 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 79:797-802. 2006..As PTX3 is also an extracellular matrix component, IL-10-enhanced PTX3 production may play a role in orchestration of tissue remodeling in chronic inflammation...
- Pentraxin3 is a novel marker for stent-induced inflammation and neointimal thickeningNorihiko Kotooka
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, Japan
Atherosclerosis 197:368-74. 2008..547, P=0.007). Coronary stenting enhanced circulating PTX3 levels in association with an inflammatory response. PTX3 may be a useful marker for evaluation of inflammatory reaction and neointimal thickening after vascular injury...
- Serum amyloid P component scintigraphy for diagnosis and monitoring amyloidosisPhilip N Hawkins
Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School London, UK
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 11:649-55. 2002b>Serum amyloid P component is a normal plasma protein and a universal non-fibrillar constituent of amyloid deposits...
- Human serum amyloid P component is an invariant constituent of amyloid deposits and has a uniquely homogeneous glycostructureM B Pepys
Immunological Medicine Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5602-6. 1994Human serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a normal plasma protein and the precursor of amyloid P component (AP), a universal constituent of the abnormal tissue deposits in amyloidosis, including Alzheimer disease...
- The long pentraxin PTX3 as a link among innate immunity, inflammation, and female fertilityBarbara Bottazzi
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 79:909-12. 2006..Thus, the prototypic long pentraxin PTX3 is a multifunctional, soluble pattern recognition receptor acting as a nonredundant component of the humoral arm of innate immunity and involved in matrix deposition and female fertility...
- Human serum amyloid P component protects against Escherichia coli O157:H7 Shiga toxin 2 in vivo: therapeutic implications for hemolytic-uremic syndromeGlen D Armstrong
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Infect Dis 193:1120-4. 2006..Here, we show that serum amyloid P component (SAP), a normal human plasma protein, specifically protects mice against the lethal toxicity of Stx2, ..
- Identification of an antiangiogenic FGF2-binding site in the N terminus of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3Maura Camozzi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:22605-13. 2006....
- Diagnostic performance of 123I-labeled serum amyloid P component scintigraphy in patients with amyloidosisBouke P C Hazenberg
Department of Rheumatology, University Medical Centre, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Med 119:355.e15-24. 2006To assess the diagnostic accuracy and additional information provided by 123I-labeled serum amyloid P component (SAP) scintigraphy in patients with systemic and localized amyloidosis.
- Serum amyloid P component-DNA complexes are decreased in systemic lupus erythematosus. inverse association with anti-dsDNA antibodiesAnne Voss
Department of Rheumatology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
J Rheumatol 35:625-30. 2008To study serum levels of serum amyloid P component (SAP) and SAP-DNA complexes in a population-based cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Molecular chaperone properties of serum amyloid P componentA R Coker
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton, UK
FEBS Lett 473:199-202. 2000The selective binding of serum amyloid P component (SAP) to proteins in the pathological amyloid cross-beta fold suggests a possible chaperone role...
- Plasma and tissue expression of the long pentraxin 3 during normal pregnancy and preeclampsiaPatrizia Rovere-Querini
Clinical Immunology Unit, Division of Pathology, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute and Università Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 108:148-55. 2006..We examined whether PTX3 is expressed during pregnancy and possibly involved in the development of preeclampsia...
- Involvement of CD14 and toll-like receptor 4 in the acute phase response of serum amyloid A proteins and serum amyloid P component in the liver after burn injuryKiho Cho
Burn Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California, Department of Surgery, University of California at Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Shock 21:144-50. 2004Acute phase proteins such as serum amyloid A proteins (SAAs) and serum amyloid P component (SAP) are induced in the liver after various insults (e.g., infection, injury)...
- Interferon-gamma inhibits expression of the long pentraxin PTX3 in human monocytesN Polentarutti
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Eur J Immunol 28:496-501. 1998..PTX3 protein secretion by activated monocytes is also suppressed by exposure to IFN-gamma. Altogether, these data identify a negative pathway of regulation mediated by IFN-gamma, which may occur under inflammatory conditions...
- Pentraxin 3 and C-reactive protein in severe meningococcal diseaseTom Sprong
Department of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Shock 31:28-32. 2009..In conclusion, PTX3 was an early indicator of shock in patients with severe meningococcal disease that followed a pattern of induction distinct from CRP...
- Elevated maternal levels of the long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) in preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restrictionIrene Cetin
Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1347-53. 2006..We investigated pentraxin 3 levels in preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction, pregnancy conditions related to altered placentation...
- Serum amyloid P-component in murine tuberculosis: induction kinetics and intramacrophage Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth inhibition in vitroPrati Pal Singh
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Phase X, SAS Nagar 160 062, India
Microbes Infect 8:541-51. 2006..tuberculosis growth, in vitro, apparently via NO-dependent mechanism(s). SAP may thus contribute both to the pathogenesis and pulmonary innate immunity in TB...
- A synthetic lipopolysaccharide-binding peptide based on amino acids 27-39 of serum amyloid P component inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced responses in human bloodC J de Haas
Eijkman Winkler Institute, Department of Inflammation, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 161:3607-15. 1998..N-terminal microsequencing identified this protein as serum amyloid P component (SAP). Purified SAP bound to smooth and rough types of LPS via the lipid A part...
- Binding of Ca2+, Mg2+, and heparin by human serum amyloid P component in affinity capillary electrophoresisNiels H H Heegaard
Department of Autoimmunology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Electrophoresis 27:2609-15. 2006Human serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a glycoprotein circulating in the blood and found in association with all types of amyloid (malfolded potein aggregates) examined so far...
- Proteomic characterization of novel serum amyloid P component variants from human plasma and urineUrban A Kiernan
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc, Tempe, AZ 85281, USA
Proteomics 4:1825-9. 2004b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a human plasma protein that has been widely studied for its influence on amyloid plaque formation and stabilization...
- High-volume ventilation induces pentraxin 3 expression in multiple acute lung injury models in ratsDaisuke Okutani
Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L144-53. 2007..A local expression of PTX3 induced by high-volume ventilation, either alone or in combination with other pathological conditions, suggests that it may be an important mediator in ventilator-induced lung injury...
- Serum amyloid P-component-mediated inhibition of the uptake of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by macrophages, in vitroS Kaur
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, S A S Nagar, Punjab, India
Scand J Immunol 59:425-31. 2004..tuberculosis Erdman by mouse AMs, which was also associated with their reduced intracellular growth...
- Serum amyloid P component in mink, a non-glycosylated protein with affinity for phosphorylethanolamine and phosphorylcholineLone A Omtvedt
Department of Rheumatology Institute of Immunology, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Blindern, Norway
Amyloid 11:101-8. 2004..In the present work, we have characterized the serum amyloid P component (SAP) in mink...
- Proteomic analysis of UVC irradiation-induced damage of plasma proteins: Serum amyloid P component as a major target of photolysisHong Lin Chan
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
FEBS Lett 580:3229-36. 2006..We identify a number of the damaged proteins by mass spectrometry, including serum amyloid P component, and further demonstrate UVC-induced photolysis of its disulphide bond.
- TNFalpha-induced long pentraxin PTX3 expression in human lung epithelial cells via JNKBing Han
Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory, University Health Network Toronto General Research Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 175:8303-11. 2005..The importance of the JNK pathway for the regulated PTX3 expression may be a potential target for its regulation in the lung...
- Glycosaminoglycans inhibit neurodegenerative effects of serum amyloid P component in vitroZoltán Urbányi
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiological Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, PO Box 27, H 1475 Budapest 10, Hungary
Neurochem Int 46:471-7. 2005b>Serum amyloid P component, a member of pentraxin serum protein family, has been suggested to contribute to the progression of neurodegeneration including Alzheimer's disease by binding to beta-amyloid fibrils leading to an increased ..
- Amyloid deposition is delayed in mice with targeted deletion of the serum amyloid P component geneM Botto
Rheumatology Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Nat Med 3:855-9. 1997..amyloidosis, Alzheimer's disease and the transmissible spongiform encephalopathies always contain serum amyloid P component (SAP) bound to the amyloid fibrils...
- Effect of serum amyloid P component level on transthyretin-derived amyloid deposition in a transgenic mouse model of familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyT Murakami
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Am J Pathol 141:451-6. 1992..We found that human TTR and mouse serum amyloid P component (SAP) are deposited as amyloid in tissues of these mouse lines...
- Serum amyloid P component binding to C4b-binding proteinP Garcia de Frutos
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, Sweden
J Biol Chem 270:26950-5. 1995..pathway C3 convertase, forms high affinity complexes with anticoagulant protein S and with the pentraxin serum amyloid P component (SAP). SAP is a plasma protein present in all amyloid deposits...
- Protective molecules--C-reactive protein (CRP), serum amyloid P (SAP), pentraxin3 (PTX3), mannose-binding lectin (MBL), and apolipoprotein A1 (Apo A1), and their autoantibodies: prevalence and clinical significance in autoimmunityMartine Szyper Kravitz
Center for Autoimmune Diseases and Department of Medicine B, Chaim Sheba Medical Center Tel Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Immunol 25:582-91. 2005....
- Calumenin interacts with serum amyloid P componentH Vorum
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ole Worms Alle, Building 170, University of Aarhus, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
FEBS Lett 465:129-34. 2000..Amino acid sequencing identified this protein as serum amyloid P component (SAP)...
- Pentraxin 3, a new marker for vascular inflammation, predicts adverse clinical outcomes in patients with heart failureSatoshi Suzuki
Department of Cardiology, Pulmonology, and Nephrology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Am Heart J 155:75-81. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to examine the clinical significance of plasma PTX3 levels in patients with heart failure...
- Labeling of cerebral amyloid beta deposits in vivo using intranasal basic fibroblast growth factor and serum amyloid P component in miceJiong Shi
Department of Neurology, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4962, USA
J Nucl Med 43:1044-51. 2002..contain abundant heparan sulfate proteoglycans that can bind basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and serum amyloid P component (SAP), we investigated a novel route of ligand delivery to the brain to assess Abeta deposition in a ..
- The pentraxin serum amyloid P component is found in the male genital tract and attached to spermatozoaJohan Malm
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Androl 31:508-17. 2008b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) belongs to the pentraxin family of proteins, members of which are characterized by radial pentameric structure and calcium-dependent ligand binding...
- The long pentraxin 3 in cardiac surgery: distinct responses in "on-pump" and "off-pump" patientsPavel Kunes
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Charles University in Prague, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:171-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the kinetics of release of PTX3 in cardiac surgical patients, operated on either with or without the use of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Increased mortality and inflammation in tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-14 transgenic mice after ischemia and reperfusion injuryDanielle G Souza
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Am J Pathol 160:1755-65. 2002..Taken together, our data point to a critical role of TSG-14 in controlling acute inflammatory response in part via the modulation of TNF-alpha expression...
- Pentraxin 3, a non-redundant soluble pattern recognition receptor involved in innate immunityAlberto Mantovani
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Vaccine 21:S43-7. 2003..Evidence suggests that PTX3 plays a role in the regulation of innate resistance to pathogens, inflammatory reactions, possibly clearance of self-components and female fertility...
- Mice lacking serum amyloid P component do not necessarily develop severe autoimmune diseaseM Soma
First Department of Biochemistry, Yamanashi Medical University, 1110 Shimokato, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:200-5. 2001b>Serum amyloid P component (SAP) is a major acute-phase reactant in mice. Recently, it was reported that SAP-deficient mice spontaneously developed anti-nuclear antibodies and severe glomerulonephritis...
- C-reactive protein and cardiovascular disease: new insights from an old moleculeG M Hirschfield
Centre for Amyloidosis and Acute Phase Proteins, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, London, UK
QJM 96:793-807. 2003..We review the biological properties of CRP, the association between CRP and cardiovascular disease, and the possibility that CRP may be a novel therapeutic target...
- Fc gamma RIIB and Inflammation-Related Vascular DiseasePhilip W Shaul; Fiscal Year: 2013..and that it mediates endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) antagonism by IgG, C-reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid P component (SAP), which is the CRP-equivalent in mice...
- REGULATION OF C REACTIVE PROTEIN GENE EXPRESSIONSTEPHEN DOWTON; Fiscal Year: 1992..studies of the molecular regulation of the acute phase pentraxin C reactive protein (CRP), its homologue serum amyloid P component (SAP) and the related acute phase protein serum amyloid A (SAA)...
- SYNOVIOCYTES AND B2 MICROGLOBULIN AMYLOIDOSISSharon Moe; Fiscal Year: 1999..On pathologic analysis, the synovium and bone have amyloid deposits which contain beta2M and serum amyloid P component (SAP), a protein common to all amyloidoses...
- SERUM AMYLOID P COMPONENT--REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSIONEvangelia Mantzouranis; Fiscal Year: 1992..Our studies will focus on a major acute phase protein, the serum amyloid P component (SAP)...
- Fatty Acid Regulation of the Acute Inflammatory ResponseCHRISTOPHER GENTILE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, we hypothesize that TLR4 mediates fatty acid regulation of CREBh. Experiments in the current proposal are designed to directly test this hypothesis. ..
- Targeting C-reactive protein in atherothrombotic diseaseMark Pepys; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery of Alcohol Exposure Biomarkers via Affinity Mass SpectrometryURBAN KIERNAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ultimate result of this research will be a validated protein biomarker assay(s) that can be used to screen for alcohol exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Monotonously Ordered Peptide ElementsFred Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2008..In general, the proposed studies are designed to begin to evaluate the prospects of future studies to determine the physiological roles of particular MOPE-class proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signal Transduction in DepressionRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may shed light on important cellular mediators of depression and provide new targets for amelioration. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- C REACTIVE PROTEIN IN HOST DEFENSEALEXANDER SZALAI; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will increase the understanding of innate host defense mechanisms and their interaction with acquired immunity. ..
- RENAL INJURY AND ADAPTATION TO HEME PROTEINSKarl Nath; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our proposed application thus continues to pursue the functionality of HO-1, as it utilized a new strategy, transgenic mice, and as it defines a new area of involvement namely, renal inflammation. ..
- COCAINE AND HIV1 IN CORONARY ENDOTHELIUMMilan Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY, HIV1 AND CHEMOKINESMilan Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this research could lead to development of new strategies for preventing or ameliorating the effects of HIV infection on the heart. ..
- Gender-Specific Role of p202 in Lupus SusceptibilityDivaker Choubey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies will increase the understanding of the molecular basis of sex bias in lupus disease and could potentially lead to better diagnostic tools as well as disease monitoring, and effective treatments. 1 ..
- Role of IFI16 in Cellular SenescenceDivaker Choubey; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Heavy Drinking & Coronary Disease: Acute/Chronic EffectsKenneth Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results may prove to have important biological, clinical, and public health implications for the care of CHD. ..
- MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY OF DEPRESSIONRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Develop further expertise in basic molecular biological methods; 2. Develop new projects oriented to future funding opportunities; and 3. Continue to mentor the next generation of investigators. ..
- MOUSE MEMBRANE RCA PROTEINS IN THE IMMUNE RESPONSEV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim #3: Determine the functional activities and biologic relevance of novel SCR-containing candidate C3/C4 binding and regulatory proteins. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress and Risk of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseKenneth Jay Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will examine how a derived dietary antioxidant score, based upon measured oxidative potential of specific foods using the ferric-reducing/antioxidant power method, is related to PAD. ..
- Evolution of Autoimmunity in Rheumatoid ArthritisV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- C3D/EBV RECEPTOR LIGAND BINDING SITESV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- DENVER AUTOIMMUNITY CENTER OF EXCELLENCEV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2007..This latter project involves a newly established collaboration with a separate institution and group of clinicians skilled in the clinical investigation of RA. ..