Summary: The mixture contains 38-42% organically combined iodine that is used as a diagnostic aid (radiopaque medium). (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Segmental transcatheter arterial chemoembolization treatment in patients with cirrhosis and inoperable hepatocellular carcinomasSilvia Saccheri
Institute of Radiology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 13:995-9. 2002..To establish whether segmental transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) treatment may improve the rates of survival in patients with compensated cirrhosis and inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Extension of radiofrequency ablation of the liver by transcatheter arterial embolization with iodized oil and gelatin sponge: results in a pig modelKazuya Sugimori
Gastroenterological Center, Yokohama City University Medical Center, 4 57 Urafune cho, Minami Ku, Yokohama 232 0024, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:849-56. 2005To determine whether transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) with iodized oil and gelatin sponge particles can be used to expand radiofrequency (RF)-induced coagulation necrosis, the morphology and histologic characteristics of ..
- Preoperative portal vein embolization with a mixture of gelatin sponge and iodized oil: efficacy and safetyH Kakizawa
Department of Radiology, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Acta Radiol 47:1022-8. 2006To evaluate whether portal vein embolization (PVE) using a mixture of gelatin sponge (GS) pieces and iodized oil is safe and effective in inducing hypertrophy of the future liver remnants (FLR).
- Iodized oil accumulation in hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization: comparison of imaging findings with CT during hepatic arteriographyTakeshi Fujita
Department of Radiology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:333-41. 2008..before transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) versus that determined based on the accumulation of iodized oil seen on CT images obtained after TACE in patients with hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and ..
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of liver dome hepatocellular carcinoma invisible on ultrasonography: a new targeting strategyM W Lee
Department of Radiology, Konkuk University School of Medicine, 4 12 Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, 143 729, South Korea
Br J Radiol 81:e130-4. 2008..In cases with multinodular HCCs, adjacent HCC lesions with compact iodized oil retention can be used as anatomic landmarks to guide radiofrequency (RF) ablation of such nodules under ..
- Randomized controlled trial of transarterial lipiodol chemoembolization for unresectable hepatocellular carcinomaChung Mau Lo
Center for the Study of Liver Disease, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Hepatology 35:1164-71. 2002..In conclusion, in Asian patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma, transarterial Lipiodol chemoembolization significantly improves survival and is an effective form of treatment...
- High-dose iodized oil transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for patients with large hepatocellular carcinomaMin shan Chen
Department of Hepatobiliary Cancer Center of Sun Yet sen University of Medical Sciences, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou 510060, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:74-8. 2002To conduct a randomized trial to evaluate the role of using high-dose iodized oil transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) in the treatment of large hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Radiofrequency ablation for viable hepatocellular carcinoma around retained iodized oil after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization: usefulness of biplane fluoroscopy plus ultrasound guidanceJi Hye Min
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Korean J Radiol 13:784-94. 2012..feasibility and local efficacy of biplane fluoroscopy plus US-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for viable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) around retained iodized oil after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE).
- Feasibility of interstitial CT lymphography using optimized iodized oil emulsion in ratsYong Eun Chung
Department of Radiology, Yonsei University Health System, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Invest Radiol 45:142-8. 2010..To formulate an iodine-based contrast agent with an oil-in-water emulsion and to evaluate the feasibility of the agent for use as an interstitial computed tomographic (CT) lymphographic agent in a normal rat model...
- Radiofrequency thermal ablation (RFA) after transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) as a combined therapy for unresectable non-early hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)Andrea Veltri
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Turin, Via Genova 3, 10126, Torino, Italy
Eur Radiol 16:661-9. 2006..Its overall usefulness has yet to be established by a larger series and risk-benefit analysis...
- Adenovirus vector-mediated gene therapy using iodized oil esters for hepatocellular carcinoma in ratsHiroaki Shiba
Department of Surgery, Institute of DNA Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:51-3. 2008..The usefulness of gene therapy by intraarterial injection of an adenovirus vector with iodized oil esters (IOEs) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was studied.
- Synergistic anticancer effect of rAd/P53 combined with 5-fluorouracil or iodized oil in the early therapeutic response of human colon cancer in vivoQi Xie
Department of Imaging, Nan Sha Center Hospital, Guangzhou Municipal First People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510240, Guangdong Province, China
Gene 499:303-8. 2012..An iodized oil emulsion was used as a p53 vector for intra-arterial gene delivery to treat hepatic tumors...
- Long-term disposition of a novel lipophilic platinum complex SM-11355 in dog after intrahepatic arterial administration: highly sensitive detection of platinum and radioactivityJ Shimakura
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, 1 98 Kasugade naka 3 chome, Konohana ku, Osaka, 554 8558, Japan
Xenobiotica 32:399-409. 2002..4. The results strongly support the concept that SM-11355 targets the liver with highly selectivity and sustained release of Pt compounds...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome caused by transcatheter oily chemoembolization in a patient with a large hepatocellular carcinomaNoriaki Sakamoto
Department of Radiology, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, 13 70 Kitaoji, Akashi City, Hyogo, 673 8558, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:508-11. 2007..This case illustrates the need to anticipate the development of acute tumor lysis syndrome when chemoembolization is planned for a large hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Factors predictive of 5-year survival after transarterial chemoembolization for inoperable hepatocellular carcinomaC B O'Suilleabhain
Department of Surgery, Centre for the Study of Liver Disease, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Br J Surg 90:325-31. 2003..Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) is widely used for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), but the long-term survival benefit remains unclear...
- Ultraselective transcatheter arterial chemoembolization with a 2-f tip microcatheter for small hepatocellular carcinomas: relationship between local tumor recurrence and visualization of the portal vein with iodized oilShiro Miyayama
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Fukuiken Saiseikai Hospital, 7 1 Funabashi, Wadanaka cho, Fukui 918 8503, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:365-76. 2007To retrospectively evaluate the relationship between local tumor recurrence and iodized oil deposition in the portal vein by using ultraselective transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) for small hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization with paclitaxel-lipiodol solution in rabbit VX2 liver tumorChang Jin Yoon
Department of Radiology and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Clinical Research Institute, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 229:126-31. 2003..TACE) with a solution of an anticancer drug (Paclitaxel; Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ) and iodized oil (Lipiodol; Laboratoire Gurerbet, Aulnay-Sous-Bois, France) (hereafter, the solution), as well as intratumor ..
- Transarterial chemoembolization using degradable starch microspheres and iodized oil in the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: evaluation of tumor response, toxicity, and survivalTimm D Kirchhoff
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:259-66. 2007..A moderate embolizing approach was chosen using a combination of degradable starch microspheres (DSM) and iodized oil (Lipiodol) in order to combine anti-tumoral efficiency and low toxicity.
- Evaluation of the therapeutic effect of transcatheter arterial embolization for hepatocellular carcinomaT Okusaka
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Oncology 58:293-9. 2000..The reduction rate in serum AFP levels was also useful in patients with AFP levels >200 ng/ml before treatment...
- Multivariate analysis of the predictors of survival for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing transarterial chemoembolization: focusing on superselective chemoembolizationSuk Kyeong Ji
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:534-40. 2008..We tried to analyze the potential factors of disease-free survival for these patients, including the performance of selective TACE...
- Accumulation of iodized oil within the nonneoplastic liver adjacent to hepatocellular carcinoma via the drainage routes of the tumor after transcatheter arterial embolizationN Terayama
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 24:383-7. 2001After transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) with iodized oil (Lipiodol), a relatively dense accumulation of Lipiodol is often seen in the nontumorous liver adjacent to a hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) nodule...
- Coverage and cost of iodized oil capsule distribution in TanzaniaS Peterson
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Sweden
Health Policy Plan 14:390-9. 1999Distribution of oral iodized oil capsules (IOC) is an important intervention in areas with iodine deficiency disorders (IDD) and low coverage of iodized salt...
- Long-term follow-up of hepatic arterial chemoembolization with cisplatin suspended in iodized oil for hepatocellular carcinomaSeishi Maeda
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 1 1, Honjo 1 chome, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:809-13. 2003..We evaluated the results of the long-term follow-up of lipiodol-cisplatin suspension therapy and the augmentation of its anti-cancer effect when in combination with transcatheter arterial embolization...
- In vitro release of SM-11355, cis[((1R,2R)-1,2-cyclohexanediamine-N,N')bis(myristato)] platinum(II) suspended in lipiodolS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:637-40. 2000..These findings suggest that SM-11355/Lipiodol exerts antitumor effects by releasing active platinum compounds, and that DPC is one of the candidates of the active compounds...
- In vitro antitumor activity, intracellular accumulation, and DNA adduct formation of cis-[((1R,2R)-1,2-cyclohexanediamine-N,N')bis(myristato)] platinum (II) suspended in lipiodolS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:99-104. 2000..Thus, this study suggests that SM-11355/Lipiodol may release active platinum compound(s) that bind to nuclear DNA and mediate the cytotoxic activity of SM-11355/Lipiodol...
- [Investigation of bile duct injury after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization]Mao Qiang Wang
Department of Interventional Radiology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:609-12. 2005..To investigate the image findings of bile duct injury after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) for hepatic malignancy...
- Local recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma after segmental transarterial chemoembolization: risk estimates based on multiple prognostic factorsSeung Hyun Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Gangdong gu, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:111-9. 2007..To determine the prognostic factors for local recurrence of nodular hepatocellular carcinoma after segmental transarterial chemoembolization...
- Liver abscess after transcatheter oily chemoembolization for hepatic tumors: incidence, predisposing factors, and clinical outcomeS Y Song
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:313-20. 2001..Postembolic liver abscess could be effectively managed with percutaneous catheter drainage...
- Renal cyst ablation with n-butyl cyanoacrylate and iodized oil in symptomatic patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: preliminary reportSeung Hyup Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 226:573-6. 2003..treated with percutaneous needle aspiration and intracystic injection of a mixture of n-butyl cyanoacrylate and iodized oil in a ratio of 1:2...
- The impact of hepatitis B viral load on recurrence after complete necrosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma who receive transarterial chemolipiodolization: implications for viral suppression to reduce the risk of cancer recurrenceJeong Won Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Viral Hepatitis, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Cancer 110:1760-7. 2007..The objective of this study was to identify the potential relation between viral load and HCC recurrence in patients undergoing transarterial chemolipiodolization...
- Cytotoxicity of cis-[((1R,2R)-1,2-cyclohexanediamine-N,N')bis(myristato)]-platinum (II) suspended in Lipiodol in a newly established cisplatin-resistant rat hepatoma cell lineS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Arise Igawadani cho, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2180, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:1326-32. 2000..These results suggest that acquired CDDP resistance in H4-II-E / CDDP does not influence the cytotoxic activity of SM-11355 / Lipiodol...
- A strategy for early detection of recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma following initial remission by transcatheter arterial chemoembolizationYoung Hwa Chung
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Intervirology 48:46-51. 2005..To find a better surveillance method in detecting recurrent HCCs, patterns of recurrences following initial remission by transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) were evaluated...
- Chemoembolization with lobaplatin mixed with iodized oil for unresectable recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after orthotopic liver transplantationBin Zhou
Department of Radiology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Rd, Guangzhou 510630, China
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:333-8. 2010..To determine whether chemoembolization can benefit patients with unresectable recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Therapeutic efficacy of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization as compared with hepatic resection in hepatocellular carcinoma patients with compensated liver function in a hepatitis B virus-endemic area: a prospective cohort studyHyo Suk Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Chongno Gu, Korea
J Clin Oncol 20:4459-65. 2002....
- Inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma: transarterial 188Re HDD-labeled iodized oil for treatment--prospective multicenter clinical trialAjay Kumar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Radiology 243:509-19. 2007..clinical trial, dosimetry-guided transarterial radionuclide therapy (TART) with rhenium 188 ((188)Re) 4-hexadecyl 1,2,9,9-tetramethyl-4,7-diaza-1,10-decanethiol (HDD)-labeled iodized oil in inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Phase I clinical study of a novel lipophilic platinum complex (SM-11355) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma refractory to cisplatin/lipiodolS Fujiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Japan
Br J Cancer 89:1614-9. 2003..Hence, we concluded that the maximum allowable dose was not reached in this study. Overall, our results suggest that SM-11355 is effective in treating HCC and we suggest that the dose for early phase II trials should be 20 mg ml(-1)...
- Iron supplementation in goitrous, iron-deficient children improves their response to oral iodized oilM Zimmermann
Human Nutrition Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Endocrinol 142:217-23. 2000..Because iron deficiency may impair thyroid metabolism, the aim of this study was to determine if iron supplementation improves the response to oral iodine in goitrous, iron-deficient anemic children...
- Risk factors for local tumor recurrence after segmental transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: the importance of tumor located in the segmental border zoneYun Ku Cho
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Gangdong gu, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 7:267-74. 2006..We wanted to evaluate whether tumors located in a segmental border zone are predisposed to local recurrence after performing segmental transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma...
- A prospective study regarding the complications of transcatheter intraarterial lipiodol chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaAnnie O Chan
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Cancer 94:1747-52. 2002..Transcatheter intraarterial lipiodol chemoembolization (TACE) has been reported to be one of the most effective palliative measures for HCC. However, its severe side effects continue to make its use controversial...
- Effect of oral iodized oil on thyroid size and thyroid hormone metabolism in children with concurrent selenium and iodine deficiencyM B Zimmermann
Human Nutrition Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Nutr 54:209-13. 2000To determine the efficacy of oral iodized oil in goitrous children who are both selenium (Se) and iodine deficient; to investigate if Se status modifies the response of iodine deficient, goitrous children to oral supplementation with ..
- Large-sized hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): a neoadjuvant treatment protocol with repetitive transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) before percutaneous MR-guided laser-induced thermotherapy (LITT)Stephan Zangos
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Frankfurt, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Eur Radiol 17:553-63. 2007..Neoadjuvant TACE appears to be an effective treatment of large-sized HCC, which extends the indication for MR-guided LITT...
- Quality improvement guidelines for transhepatic arterial chemoembolization, embolization, and chemotherapeutic infusion for hepatic malignancyDaniel B Brown
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:225-32. 2006
- Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: survival and prognostic factors after lipiodol chemoembolisation in 89 patientsJ Dumortier
Department of Digestive Diseases, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Hospitals of Lyon, Lyon, France
Dig Liver Dis 38:125-33. 2006..The majority of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma are not eligible for surgical radical treatment (resection or liver transplantation) and lipiodol chemoembolisation is an efficient alternative procedure in this indication...
- Prospective cohort study of transarterial chemoembolization for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma in 8510 patientsKenichi Takayasu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 131:461-9. 2006..To elucidate the survival of the patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who underwent transcatheter arterial lipiodol chemoembolization (TACE) and to analyze the factors affecting the survivals...
- Adjustment of lipiodol dose according to tumor blood supply during transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for large hepatocellular carcinoma by multidetector helical CTHong Yan Cheng
Department of Radiology, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2753-5. 2004..To work out an individualized lipiodol dose in transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) for large hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) according to its blood supply evaluated by CT...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization of liver tumors: effects of embolization protocol on injectable volume of chemotherapy and subsequent arterial patencyJean Francois H Geschwind
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:111-7. 2003..6% for group 3. Arterial patency at follow-up angiography was 56% for group 1, 74% for group 2, and 81% for group 3. The slurry protocol (group 1) significantly reduced arterial patency and injectable volume of chemotherapy during TACE...
- [The value of Roferon-A combined with hepatic artery chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy after radical resection in hepatocellular carcinoma for preventing recurrence]Hong Hao Li
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 26:558-61. 2004....
- Bioembolisation for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: preliminary results of a translational research studyE Goker
Dept of Medicine, Ege University Hospital, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 23:403-9. 2004..There was no Grade 4 toxicity. In conclusion, our preliminary clinical results suggest that the combined use of IFN and lipiodolisation in the optimal sequence may provide a new therapeutic option for patients with HCC...
- [Sustained clinical response of large hepatocellular carcinoma after chemoembolization with pirarubicin, amiodarone and Lipiodol]Jean Pierre Cercueil
Département d Imagerie Médicale, CHU de Dijon
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1281-3. 2004..Polysorbate 80, an excipient of injectable amiodarone stabilizes the anthracycline/lipiodol emulsion. The clinical efficacy of this new formulation could be evaluated in a phase II clinical trial...
- [A case of hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombi in the first branch of the portal vein and hepatic vein trunks treated by transcatheter hepatic arterial chemoembolization and hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy--two years and six months follow-uMasatora Haruno
Dept of Internal Medicine, Chihaya Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:667-70. 2005..On post 1st TACE week 8, he received hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy (low-dose cisplatin and 5-FU) for Vp3 Vv2 HCC. The patient is still alive with no recurrence after two years and six months since the initial TACE treatment...
- Impact of hepatologists to extend survival of hepatocellular carcinoma patients with cirrhosis: a comparison with non-hepatologistsKazufumi Dohmen
Clinical Research Center, National Nagasaki Medical Center, Omura, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:564-9. 2004....
- Outcome of transcatheter oily chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaCharindr Eurvilaichit
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Hepatogastroenterology 51:20-4. 2004....
- Iodized oil embolization to brain following transcatheter arterial embolization of liverReng Hong Wu
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1465-7. 2005
- Interventional radiology for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy and transcatheter arterial lipiodol chemoembolizationShuji Sumie
Department of Medicine, Saga Social Insurance Hospital, 3 8 1, Hyogo minami, Saga shi, Saga ken 849 8522, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1327-34. 2003..In the transcatheter arterial Lipiodol chemoembolization group (n = 21), an emulsion of Epirubicin (20-30 mg/person) and Lipiodol was administered every 3-4 weeks...
- Liver damage after transarterial chemoembolization without embolizing agent in unresectable hepatocellular carcinomaStefano Puleo
Department of Surgical Sciences, Organs Transplantation and Advanced Technologies, University of Catania, Italy
Tumori 89:285-7. 2003..We analyzed the effects on hepatic function of a modified chemoembolization consisting of ethiodized oil (Lipiodol Ultra Fluid) and epirubicin without gelatine sponge (C-LIP)...
- Chemoembolization with cisplatin, lipiodol and Gelfoam and subsequent systemic chemotherapy with cisplatin and interferon in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a non-randomized prospective studyMartina Baur
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Applied Cancer Research LBI ACR VIEnna, 3rd Medical Department of Oncology, Kaiser Franz Josef Spital, Kundratstrasse 3, 1100 Vienna, Austria
Int J Oncol 23:811-9. 2003..This treatment regimen is a very selective procedure. Because of the low response rate it is not recommended for routine clinical use...
- Cerebral lipiodol embolism after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinomaHidemasa Takao
Department of Radiology, Showa General Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:680-2. 2005..Computed tomography revealed deposition of iodized oil in the cerebral cortex, basal ganglia, and thalami...
- Transarterial chemoembolization for inoperable, early stage hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with Child-Pugh grade A and B: results of a comparative study in 96 Chinese patientsMan Fung Yuen
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1181-5. 2003..We conducted a comparative study to determine whether TACE treatment had any survival benefit for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and with relatively preserved liver function...
- Arterial blood supply to the posterior aspect of segment IV of the liver from the caudate branch: demonstration at CT after iodized oil injectionShiro Miyayama
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Fukuiken Saiseikai Hospital, 7 1, Funabashi, Wadanaka cho, Fukui 918 8503, Japan
Radiology 237:1110-4. 2005..aspect of segment IV of the liver with computed tomography (CT) after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) with iodized oil through the caudate arterial branch of the liver for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- [Helical dual-phase CT scan in evaluating blood supply of primary heptocellular carcinoma after transcatheter hepatic artery chemoembolization with lipiodol]Li lian Tan
CT Division, Second Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510260, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 25:82-4. 2003..To evaluate the blood supply of low density viable area of primary heptocellular carcinoma after transcatheter hepatic artery chemoembolization using lipiodol (LP-TACE), by helical dual-phase CT scanning and three dimensional CT (3DCT)...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and coexisting hepatic cavernous hemangiomaRan Chou Chen
Department of Radiology, Taipei City Hospital Renai Branch, No 10, Sec 4, Jen Ai Road, 106 Taipei, Taiwan
Eur Radiol 16:1346-50. 2006..There is no complication caused by the procedures. The differentiation of small hepatic hemangiomas from viable HCC is important in the post-TACE follow-up to avoid unnecessary repeated embolization...
- Chemoembolization of the left inferior phrenic artery in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: radiographic findings and clinical outcomeSang Hyun Suh
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 120 752
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1741-5. 2005..In this setting, such collateral vessels should be sought on preprocedural imaging. These LIPA collateral vessels may be safely embolized with very good clinical results...
- Supplemental transcatheter arterial chemoembolization through a collateral omental artery: treatment for hepatocellular carcinomaJong Yun Won
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, 120 752, Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:136-40. 2003..To evaluate the therapeutic efficacy and safety of supplemental transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) through the extrahepatic collateral omental artery (OA) for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- A comparison of chemoembolization combination with and without radiotherapy for unresectable hepatocellular carcinomaZhao Chong Zeng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cancer J 10:307-16. 2004..Historically, radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma has yielded poor long-term survival. Multimodality therapy has been initiated in an effort to improve survival statistics...
- Combination of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization using cisplatin-lipiodol suspension and percutaneous ethanol injection for treatment of advanced small hepatocellular carcinomaKoji Kamada
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, 734 8551, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima, Japan
Am J Surg 184:284-90. 2002....
- Local therapeutic results of computed tomography-guided transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: results of 265 tumors in 79 patientsKeiji Hayashi
Division of Oral Health Sciences, Department of Head and Neck Reconstruction, Section of Diagnostic Radiology and Oncology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1144-55. 2007....
- Efficacy of transcatheter embolization/chemoembolization (TAE/TACE) for the treatment of single hepatocellular carcinomaRoberto Miraglia
Istituto Mediterraneo Trapianti e Terapie ad Alta Specializzazione, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:2952-5. 2007..To investigate the efficacy of transcatheter embolization/chemoembolization (TAE/TACE) in cirrhotic patients with single hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) not suitable for surgical resection and percutaneous ablation therapy...
- [Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) in hepatocellular carcinoma: technique, indication and results]T J Vogl
Institut für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, J W Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt
Rofo 179:1113-26. 2007..The symptomatic therapy option of TACE is used to counteract pain directly caused by HCC and acute/subacute bleeding in the HCC. The local tumor response reaches up to 88% and the bleeding control is from 83 to 100%...
- [Usefulness of transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) for large hepatocellular carcinoma using a lecithin-added Lipiodol emulsion]Shinjiro Kobayashi
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University Tokyo
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 104:1601-6. 2007..0% and 5.0% in group A and 37.0 and 33.3% in group B respectively (P=0.046, 0.029). The median survival times were 12.0 months in Group A and 23.0 months in Group B (P=0.049)...
- Usefulness of cone-beam volume CT with flat panel detectors in conjunction with catheter angiography for transcatheter arterial embolizationShingo Kakeda
Department of Radiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:1508-16. 2007....
- Liver embolizations in oncology: a review. Part I. Arterial (chemo)embolizationsPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital at Solna, Stockholm, 171 76, Sweden
Med Oncol 25:1-11. 2008..Scant experience supports embolization for anti-tumoral effects in some pediatric tumors, to control bleeding from ruptured tumors, for symptomatic hemangiomas, and for downstaging of hepatocellular cancers before transplantation...
- Ionic versus nonionic contrast media solvents used with an epirubicin-based agent for transarterial chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinomaWen Sheng Tzeng
Department of Radiology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Yung Kang City, Tainan County, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:342-50. 2008To compare the stability of epirubicin-iodized oil emulsions prepared with ionic or nonionic contrast medium and to compare the efficacy of these emulsions in a prospective, randomized, controlled trial of transarterial chemoembolization ..
- Transarterial chemoembolization in patients not eligible for liver transplantation: single-center resultsSascha C A Herber
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55124 Mainz, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1035-42. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of transarterial chemoembolization in the care of patients not eligible for liver transplantation...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) with lipiodol to treat hepatocellular carcinoma: survey results from the TACE study group of JapanMituo Satake
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, 104 0045, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:756-61. 2008..In conclusion, this survey clarified that TACE using Lipiodol and anticancer agents is a popular option for HCC treatment in Japan...
- Suitable blending method of lipiodol-cisplatin in transcatheter arterial embolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: evaluation of sustained release and accumulation natureYasunobu Takaki
Division of Radiology, Department of Pathophysiological and Therapeutic Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:202-6. 2008..We evaluated the sustained release and accumulation nature of lipiodol-cisplatin for hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Angiographic evaluation of hepatic arterial damage after transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaNoboru Maeda
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Radiat Med 26:206-12. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence, degree, and predictors of hepatic arterial damage (HAD) after transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Cerebral and pulmonary embolisms after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaChang Soo Choi
Department of Internal Medicine and Digestive Disease Reserarch Institute, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Wonkwang University Hospital, Sinyong Dong 344 2, Cheonbuk, Iksan 570 180, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 14:4834-7. 2008..We present a case of cerebral lipiodol embolism that occurred after the third arterial chemoembolization, report the clinical and radiological findings, and review the medical literature...
- Pilot study of combination therapy with transcatheter arterial infusion chemotherapy using iodized oil and percutaneous radiofrequency ablation during occlusion of hepatic blood flow for hepatocellular carcinomaRyu Shiraishi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
Am J Clin Oncol 31:311-6. 2008..In this study, we evaluated the efficacy and safety of combination therapy with transcatheter arterial infusion chemotherapy (TAI) using iodized oil and balloon-occluded RF ablation in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
- [Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) of the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with portal vein thrombosis--experiences]S Herber
Klinik und Poliklinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz
Zentralbl Chir 132:306-15. 2007..Comparative analysis of the course of disease in patients with initial diagnosis of portal vein thrombosis in HCC treated with sequential TACE. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of the method in a selected patient cohort...
- Palliative treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma by chemoembolizationA Poyanli
Department of Radiology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Radiol 42:602-7. 2001PURPOSE: The efficacy of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) and the correlation between iodized oil uptake pattern and tumor response were investigated in cases with inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Chemoembolization for primary liver cancerT Achenbach
Klinik für Radiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:37-41. 2002..We aimed to assess the morbidity and efficacy of transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) with lipiodol and mitomycin C in these patients in a prospective case-control study...
- Individualized treatment models based on blood supply characteristics in hepatocellular carcinoma using color Doppler hemodynamicsQin Si
The 81st Hospital of People s Liberation Army of China, Nanjing, China
Hepatogastroenterology 54:334-41. 2007....
- Following a trial that stopped early: what next for adjuvant hepatic intra-arterial iodine-131 lipiodol in resectable hepatocellular carcinoma?S B Tan
J Clin Oncol 20:1709. 2002
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinoma: a Japanese experienceHideyuki Higashihara
Department of Radiology, Fukuoka University Hospital, 7 45 1, Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:72-8. 2002..Transcatheter hepatic arterial chemoembolization has a main role for the multidisciplinary treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma with this biological behavior...
- Cerebral lipiodol embolism: a complication of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaKoichi Matsumoto
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga, 849 8501, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:512-4. 2007..Despite intensive care, the patient died 2 weeks later. The complication might have been due to systemic-pulmonary shunts caused by previous surgeries and/or direct invasion of the recurrent tumor...
- A phase I/II trial of chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma using a novel intra-arterial drug-eluting beadRonnie T P Poon
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:1100-8. 2007..To assess the safety and efficacy of transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) using doxorubicin-eluting beads (DEB) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- A new and simple practical plane dividing hepatic segment 2 and 3 of the liver: evaluation of its validityHo Yun Lee
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 38 Yongon dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:302-10. 2007..The purpose of our study was to test the validity of our hypothesis that the actual plane dividing S2 and S3 is a vertical plane of equal distance from the S2 and S3 portal veins in clinical situations...
- Polyvinyl alcohol embolization adjuvant to oily chemoembolization in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with arterioportal shuntsYeo Ju Kim
Department of Radiology, Holy Family Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Kyungki Do 420 717, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:311-9. 2007..To assess the feasibility and safety of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) embolization adjuvant to transarterial oily chemoembolization (P-TACE) in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with arterioportal shunts (APS)...
- Transarterial chemoembolisation for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: results from a North American cancer centreM Molinari
Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 18:684-92. 2006..The aim of the present study was to assess the effectiveness of TACE for HCC in a North American population...
- Tumor response to transcatheter arterial chemoembolization in recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after living donor liver transplantationHeung Kyu Ko
Department of Radiology, Severance Hospital, University of Yonsei College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:320-7. 2007..To evaluate the tumor response and patient survival rate following transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) in recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma (r-HCC) after living donor liver transplantation (LDLT)...
- A case of allergic contact dermatitis from propylene glycol in an ultrasonic gel, sensitized at a leakage skin injury due to transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaYuji Horiguchi
Department of Dermatology, Osaka Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Int J Dermatol 44:681-3. 2005..The 19th examination was performed using Sono Jelly, which contains no PG, and no skin problems were observed...
- Intra-arterial infusion of 5-fluorouracil plus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and chemoembolization with melphalan in the treatment of disseminated colorectal liver metastasesH Muller
Department of Surgical Oncology, Carl von Hess Hospital, D 97762 Hammelburg, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:652-61. 2001..We compared two prospective trials of intra-arterial cytokine/chemotherapeutic infusion plus chemoembolization in the treatment of inoperable colorectal liver metastases...
- Physiology and pharmacology of iodized oil in goiter prophylaxisJ Wolff
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Genetics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 8, Room 2A23, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 80:20-36. 2001..Possible mechanisms of thyroid inhibition by excess iodide are briefly discussed. The use of locally produced iodized plant oils is recommended for financial reasons as well as for the benefits derived from local participation...
- Local radiotherapy with or without transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinomaJ C Cheng
Departments of Department ofRadiation Oncology, Koo Foundation Sun Yat Sen Cancer Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:435-42. 2000....
- Chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinomas. A study of the biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of doxorubicinJ L Raoul
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Cancer 70:585-90. 1992....
- Iodine treatment in children with subclinical hypothyroidism due to chronic iodine deficiency decreases thyrotropin and C-peptide concentrations and improves the lipid profileMichael B Zimmermann
Laboratory for Human Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Thyroid 19:1099-104. 2009..Thus, the study aim was to determine if iodine treatment of children with elevated TSH concentrations due to ID would affect their lipid profile, insulin (C-peptide) levels, and/or subclinical inflammation...
- Acute and chronic swine rete arteriovenous malformation models: effect of ethiodol and glacial acetic acid on penetration, dispersion, and injection force of N-butyl 2-cyanoacrylateB B Lieber
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1707-14. 2005..We investigated the effect of different acrylate/Lipiodol mixtures and the addition of glacial acetic acid (GAA) on the penetration, dispersion, and injection force of NBCA...
- Treating iodine deficiency: long-term effects of iodine repletion on growth and pubertal development in school-age childrenKostas B Markou
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Patras Medical School, University Hospital, Patras, Greece
Thyroid 18:449-54. 2008..The aim of the present study was to assess the long-term effects on growth and pubertal development of correcting severe ID in areas of Azerbaijan between 1999 and 2000...
- [Safety and effect of two-step portal vein embolization in treatment of hepatic fibrosis: experiment with rabbits]Zai zhong Chen
Department of Interventional Therapy, School of Oncology, Peking University, Beijing 100036, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:859-62. 2007..To evaluate the safety and feasibility of two-step portal vein embolization in treatment of hepatic fibrosis...
- Exposure of medical personnel to radiation during radionuclide therapy practicesSophie Lancelot
Unité de Radiopharmacie, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Nucl Med Commun 29:405-10. 2008..In this paper we focused on clinical and laboratory staff exposure during these types of metabolic radiation therapies...
- X-ray contrast media induce aortic endothelial damage, which can be prevented with prior heparin treatmentG Aliev
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Submicrosc Cytol Pathol 35:253-66. 2003..We conclude that the negative side effects of the X-ray contrast media can be eliminated by a single injection of heparin or other vasoprotector prior to the diagnostic procedure...
- Recombinant Polymers for Transarterial Chemoembolization of Liver CancerAZADEH POURSAID; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- See, Reach, Treat Tumor-Optimized Transarterial Chemoembolization Drug DeliveryMingDe Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The academia-industry partnership will help translate results from animal and retrospective human studies into improved commercial products which will then be tested prospectively in humans. ..
- Image-guided thermo-chemoembolization for treatment of liver cancerEleni A Liapi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long- term objective of this effort is to provid a new image-guided strategy to counter primary liver cancer. ..
- MATERNAL IODINE DEFICIENCY--LACTATION AND INFANT GROWTHLINDA OBERKOTTER; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Iodized oil injection is a widely-used therapeutic agent administered to large segments of populations in regions of ..
- Cytokine Inhibition in Hepatocellular CarcinomaJonathan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005....