Genomes and Genes
Summary: A class of lipoproteins that transport triglycerides from the intestine and liver to adipose and muscle tissues. Synthesized by the liver, they contain primarily triglycerides in their lipid cores, with some cholesterol esters. As their triglycerides are cleaved by endothelial lipoprotein lipase and transferred to hepatic tissues, the VLDL (very-low-density lipoprotein) particles lose most of their apolipoprotein C and become intermediate-density lipoproteins. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Overproduction of large VLDL particles is driven by increased liver fat content in manM Adiels
Wallenberg Laboratory, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Diabetologia 49:755-65. 2006..We determined whether hepatic fat content and plasma adiponectin concentration regulate VLDL(1) production...
- Stimulation of lipogenesis by pharmacological activation of the liver X receptor leads to production of large, triglyceride-rich very low density lipoprotein particlesAldo Grefhorst
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:34182-90. 2002..We conclude that, in addition to raising high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations, pharmacological LXR activation in mice leads to development of hepatic steatosis and secretion of atherogenic, large TG-rich VLDL particles...
- Diabetic dyslipidaemia: from basic research to clinical practiceM R Taskinen
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 46:733-49. 2003..These observations suggest these factors as a new target to tailor more efficient drugs to treat diabetic dyslipidaemia...
- Acute suppression of VLDL1 secretion rate by insulin is associated with hepatic fat content and insulin resistanceM Adiels
Sahlgrenska Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research Wallenberg Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Diabetologia 50:2356-65. 2007..We explored the relationship between liver fat and suppression of VLDL(1) production by insulin in participants with a broad range of liver fat content...
- Characterization of low- and very-low-density hepatitis C virus RNA-containing particlesP Andre
INSERM U503, CERVI, Lyon, France
J Virol 76:6919-28. 2002..These results suggest that the infectivity of LVP is mediated by endogenous proteins rather than by viral components providing a mechanism of escape from the humoral immune response...
- Identification of the low density lipoprotein receptor-binding site in apolipoprotein B100 and the modulation of its binding activity by the carboxyl terminus in familial defective apo-B100J Boren
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1084-93. 1998..Moreover, the loss of arginine at this site destabilizes this interaction, resulting in receptor-binding defective LDL...
- Apolipoprotein AV accelerates plasma hydrolysis of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins by interaction with proteoglycan-bound lipoprotein lipaseMartin Merkel
Department of Internal Medicine IUniversity Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:21553-60. 2005..A direct interaction between LPL and apoAV was found by ligand blotting. It is proposed, that apoAV reduces triglyceride levels by guiding VLDL and chylomicrons to proteoglycan-bound LPL for lipolysis...
- Hypercholesterolemia in low density lipoprotein receptor knockout mice and its reversal by adenovirus-mediated gene deliveryS Ishibashi
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
J Clin Invest 92:883-93. 1993....
- Hepatitis C virus production by human hepatocytes dependent on assembly and secretion of very low-density lipoproteinsHua Huang
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5848-53. 2007..These results provide a possible explanation for the restriction of HCV production to the liver and suggest new cellular targets for treatment of HCV infection...
- Diabetic dyslipidemiaTina J Chahil
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, PH 10 305, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 35:491-510, vii-viii. 2006..A number of physiologic and pharmacologic approaches are available and should be used aggressively to treat diabetic dyslipidemia...
- Lipid peroxidation and oxidant stress regulate hepatic apolipoprotein B degradation and VLDL productionMeihui Pan
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and the Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1277-87. 2004....
- The fasting-induced adipose factor/angiopoietin-like protein 4 is physically associated with lipoproteins and governs plasma lipid levels and adiposityStéphane Mandard
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 281:934-44. 2006..Our data indicate that disturbances in FIAF signaling might be involved in dyslipidemia...
- Alterations in adipose tissue and hepatic lipid kinetics in obese men and women with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseElisa Fabbrini
Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Gastroenterology 134:424-31. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate TG metabolism in adipose tissue and liver in NAFLD...
- ApoAV reduces plasma triglycerides by inhibiting very low density lipoprotein-triglyceride (VLDL-TG) production and stimulating lipoprotein lipase-mediated VLDL-TG hydrolysisFrank G Schaap
AMC Liver Center, Meibergdreef 69 71, 1105 BK Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:27941-7. 2004..From these data, we conclude that apoAV is a potent stimulator of LPL activity. Thus, apoAV lowers plasma TG by both reducing the hepatic VLDL-TG production rate and by enhancing the lipolytic conversion of TG-rich lipoproteins...
- Contributions of different fatty acid sources to very low-density lipoprotein-triacylglycerol in the fasted and fed statesBrian R Barrows
Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9052, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1446-52. 2006..The liver's regulation of fatty acids (FAs) postprandially may contribute to risk of metabolic diseases...
- Hepatic lipid composition and stearoyl-coenzyme A desaturase 1 mRNA expression can be estimated from plasma VLDL fatty acid ratiosAndreas Peter
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Vascular Medicine, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Tubingen Germany
Clin Chem 55:2113-20. 2009..Additionally, we further evaluated commonly used fatty acid ratios [elongase, de novo lipogenesis, and Delta5 and Delta6 desaturase] in plasma VLDL and hepatic lipid fractions...
- Association between hepatitis C virus and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL)/LDL analyzed in iodixanol density gradientsSøren U Nielsen
Liver Research Group, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, England
J Virol 80:2418-28. 2006..Immunoprecipitation analysis showed that ApoB remained associated with HCV after treatment of serum with deoxycholic acid or NP-40, whereas ApoE was removed from HCV with these detergents...
- Increased hepatobiliary and fecal cholesterol excretion upon activation of the liver X receptor is independent of ABCA1Torsten Plosch
Center for Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Diseases, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:33870-7. 2002..Thus, activation of LXR in mice leads to enhanced hepatobiliary cholesterol secretion and fecal neutral sterol loss independent of (ABCA1-mediated) elevation of HDL and the presence of ABCA1 in liver and intestine...
- Mechanisms for the acute effect of fructose on postprandial lipemiaMary F F Chong
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1511-20. 2007..A high fructose intake can lead to postprandial hypertriacylglycerolemia. The underlying mechanism is unclear...
- Hepatic very low density lipoprotein-ApoB overproduction is associated with attenuated hepatic insulin signaling and overexpression of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B in a fructose-fed hamster model of insulin resistanceChangiz Taghibiglou
Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:793-803. 2002..Induction of hepatic insulin resistance may then contribute to reduced apoB degradation and enhanced VLDL particle assembly and secretion...
- Contribution of de novo fatty acid synthesis to hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance: lessons from genetically engineered miceCatherine Postic
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 118:829-38. 2008..This review discusses recent advances in the field...
- The assembly and secretion of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteinsS O Olofsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Curr Opin Lipidol 10:341-6. 1999..Other levels of sorting occur in the secretory pathway. Thus, lysosomal enzymes are involved as well as the LDL receptor...
- Hepatitis C virus core protein inhibits microsomal triglyceride transfer protein activity and very low density lipoprotein secretion: a model of viral-related steatosisGabriel Perlemuter
Liver Cancer and Molecular Virology, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 370, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
FASEB J 16:185-94. 2002....
- Epigallocatechin gallate increases the formation of cytosolic lipid droplets and decreases the secretion of apoB-100 VLDLLu Li
Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Lipid Res 47:67-77. 2006..Our results also indicate that the accumulation of lipids in the cytosol is not always associated with increased secretion of VLDL...
- Pathogenic antibodies inhibit the binding of apolipoproteins to megalin/gp330 in passive Heymann nephritisD Kerjaschki
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 100:2303-9. 1997..These results indicate that pHN-inducing antimegalin IgG is capable of interfering with the uptake of lipoproteins by megalin in vivo during the formation of IDs...
- Delayed secretory pathway contributions to VLDL-triglycerides from plasma NEFA, diet, and de novo lipogenesis in humansAruna Vedala
Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2562-74. 2006..The turnover time and sources of this pool differ in diabetic HPTG and nondiabetic HPTG, with potential therapeutic implications...
- The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein complexes with cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans to regulate proteoglycan-mediated lipoprotein catabolismLarissa C Wilsie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Health Sciences Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15758-64. 2003..Once HSPG dissociates from LRP, it is then able to bind and internalize VLDL independent of LRP endocytic activity. We conclude that HSPG and LRP together participate in VLDL clearance by means of a synergistic relationship...
- Apolipoprotein B: a clinically important apolipoprotein which assembles atherogenic lipoproteins and promotes the development of atherosclerosisS O Olofsson
Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Intern Med 258:395-410. 2005..Two proteoglycan-binding sequences in apoB100 have been identified, which are important for retaining the lipoprotein in the intima of the artery. Retention is essential for the development of the atherosclerotic lesion...
- Effects of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes on lipoprotein subclass particle size and concentration determined by nuclear magnetic resonanceW Timothy Garvey
Division of Endocrinology and Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Diabetes 52:453-62. 2003..It will be important to study whether NMR lipoprotein subclass parameters can be used to manage risk more effectively and prevent cardiovascular disease in patients with the IRS...
- Mobilisation of triacylglycerol storesG F Gibbons
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Oxford Lipid Metabolism Group, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, Woodstock Road, Oxford, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1483:37-57. 2000..Finally, studies of certain rare inherited disorders of neutral lipid storage and mobilisation may provide useful information about the normal enzymology of TAG mobilisation in healthy tissues...
- Synthesis and function of hepatic very-low-density lipoproteinG F Gibbons
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 32:59-64. 2004....
- Effect of 18:1n-9, 20:5n-3, and 22:6n-3 on lipid accumulation and secretion by Atlantic salmon hepatocytesA Vegusdal
AKVAFORSK, Institute of Aquaculture Research, NO 1432 As, Norway
Lipids 40:477-86. 2005..The area occupied by mitochondria was also greater in these cells. The present study shows that dietary FO reduces TAG secretion from salmon hepatocytes and that 20:5n-3 mediates this effect...
- Effect of dietary fatty acids on the postprandial fatty acid composition of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins in healthy male subjectsA Bysted
BioCentrum DTU, Section of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Center of Advanced Food Studies, The Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:24-34. 2005..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of trans-18:1 isomers compared to other fatty acids, especially saturates, on the postprandial fatty acid composition of triacylglycerols (TAG) in chylomicrons and VLDL...
- The triple threat to nascent apolipoprotein B. Evidence for multiple, distinct degradative pathwaysE A Fisher
Laboratory of Lipoprotein Research, The Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 276:27855-63. 2001..Physiologic, pathophysiologic, and pharmacologic regulation of net apoB secretion may involve alterations in any of these three degradative steps...
- Scavenger receptor BI facilitates the metabolism of VLDL lipoproteins in vivoMiranda Van Eck
Divison of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 49:136-46. 2008..In conclusion, SR-BI plays an important physiological role in the metabolism of VLDL (remnants)...
- Hepatic insulin signaling regulates VLDL secretion and atherogenesis in miceSeongah Han
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, 630 West 168th St, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1029-41. 2009..These findings suggest a dual action of hepatic IR on lipoprotein levels, in which the ability to increase VLDL apoB and lipid secretion via AKT/GSK is offset by upregulation of Ldlr...
- PPARalpha and dyslipidemiaCaroline Duval
Nutrition, Metabolism and Genomics Group and Nutrigenomics Consortium, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:961-71. 2007....
- Cholesterol feeding strongly reduces hepatic VLDL-triglyceride production in mice lacking the liver X receptor alphaJelske N van der Veen
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Diseases, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 48:337-47. 2007..Our data indicate that displacement of TGs by CEs during the VLDL assembly process underlies hypotriglyceridemia in cholesterol-fed Lxralpha(-/-) mice...
- Nuclear magnetic resonance lipoprotein abnormalities in prediabetic subjects in the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis StudyAndreas Festa
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Circulation 111:3465-72. 2005....
- Parallel activation of de novo lipogenesis and stearoyl-CoA desaturase activity after 3 d of high-carbohydrate feedingMary F F Chong
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 87:817-23. 2008..High-carbohydrate (HC) diets increase de novo lipogenesis (DNL), but effects on stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD) are not so well studied...
- Role of ADP ribosylation factor 1 in the assembly and secretion of ApoB-100-containing lipoproteinsLennart Asp
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:566-70. 2005..We investigated the role of ADP ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1) in the assembly of very-low-density lipoproteins (VLDLs)...
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of lipoproteins and risk of coronary heart disease in the cardiovascular health studyLewis Kuller
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA kuller pitt edu
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1175-80. 2002..Relationships between incident cardiovascular disease and lipoprotein subclass measurements by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy were evaluated in the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS) in a nested case-cohort analysis...
- Living up to a name: the role of the VLDL receptor in lipid metabolismP J Tacken
Department of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Lipidol 12:275-9. 2001....
- Postabsorptive VLDL-TG fatty acid storage in adipose tissue in lean and obese womenBirgitte Nellemann
Medical Department M, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1304-11. 2010..We suggest that the differences in VLDL-TG storage in abdominal and femoral fat that occur with progressive obesity are regulated through mechanisms other than LPL activity...
- Impact of body composition on very-low-density lipoprotein-triglycerides kineticsLars C Gormsen
Dept of Nuclear Medicine, Aarhus Univ Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E165-73. 2009..We found that elevated VLDL-TG production without concomitant increased clearance via oxidation and adipose tissue redeposition contributes to hypertriglyceridemia in UBO women...
- Long chain acyl-CoA synthetase 3-mediated phosphatidylcholine synthesis is required for assembly of very low density lipoproteins in human hepatoma Huh7 cellsHongbing Yao
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 283:849-54. 2008..Treatment of cells with small interfering RNA targeting ACSL3 also inhibited secretion of HCV from Huh7-derived cells. These results identify ACSL3 as a new enzymatic target to limit VLDL secretion and HCV infection...
- Intracellular assembly of very low density lipoproteins containing apolipoprotein B100 in rat hepatoma McA-RH7777 cellsKhai Tran
Lipoprotein and Atherosclerosis Group, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4W7, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:31187-200. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that VLDL assembly in McA-RH7777 cells takes place in compartments at the distal end of the secretory pathway...
- Selective partitioning of dietary fatty acids into the VLDL TG pool in the early postprandial periodRichard B Heath
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 44:2065-72. 2003..In summary, the contribution of dietary fatty acids to early postprandial VLDL TG is substantial. The role of DHA in VLDL TG production will require further investigation...
- Hepatic VLDL production in ob/ob mice is not stimulated by massive de novo lipogenesis but is less sensitive to the suppressive effects of insulinCoen H Wiegman
University Institute for Drug Exploration, Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9700 GB Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetes 52:1081-9. 2003..Insulin is unable to effectively suppress VLDL-triglyceride production in ob/ob mice, presumably because of impaired insulin signaling...
- Acute inhibition of glucose-6-phosphate translocator activity leads to increased de novo lipogenesis and development of hepatic steatosis without affecting VLDL production in ratsR H Bandsma
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Academic Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetes 50:2591-7. 2001..The results emphasize the strong interactions that exist between hepatic carbohydrate and fat metabolism...
- Postprandial changes of apoB-100 and apoB-48 in TG rich lipoproteins in familial combined hyperlipidemiaC Verseyden
Department of Vascular Medicine F02 126, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 43:274-80. 2002..ApoB-100 accumulates in the VLDL1 range postprandially in both FCHL and controls, reaching higher levels in FCHL and thereby conferring a higher atherogenic burden in the postprandial situation in FCHL...
- Overproduction of very low-density lipoproteins is the hallmark of the dyslipidemia in the metabolic syndromeMartin Adiels
Wallenberg Laboratory, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1225-36. 2008..Finally, we briefly discuss current treatments for lipid management of dyslipidemia and potential future therapeutic targets...
- The contribution of splanchnic fat to VLDL triglyceride is greater in insulin-resistant than insulin-sensitive men and women: studies in the postprandial stateLeanne Hodson
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Diabetes 56:2433-41. 2007..We aimed to determine differences in the postprandial contributions of different fatty acid sources to VLDL triglycerides (TGs) in healthy men and women with varying degrees of insulin resistance...
- Differences in partitioning of meal fatty acids into blood lipid fractions: a comparison of linoleate, oleate, and palmitateLeanne Hodson
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E64-71. 2009..The marked rapid incorporation of linoleate from a single meal into blood PL fractions may have functional consequences such as maintenance of membrane fluidity and may explain why linoleate is a useful biomarker of dietary intake...
- A low-fat diet has a higher potential than energy restriction to improve high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance in miceMartin Muurling
TNO Prevention and Health, Gaubius Laboratory, Leiden, The Netherlands
Metabolism 51:695-701. 2002..In summary, our data show that LF diet has a higher potential than ER to improve HF diet-induced insulin resistance, and that there is an association between improvement of insulin resistance and decrease of TG levels...
- Ameliorated hepatic insulin resistance is associated with normalization of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein expression and reduction in very low density lipoprotein assembly and secretion in the fructose-fed hamsterAndre Carpentier
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University Health Network, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:28795-802. 2002....
- Postreceptor insulin resistance contributes to human dyslipidemia and hepatic steatosisRobert K Semple
Metabolic Research Laboratories, Institute of Metabolic Science, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 119:315-22. 2009....
- Plasma lipoprotein lipase, hepatic lipase activities, VLDL, LDL compositions at different times of hemodialysisKhedidja Mekki
Laboratoire de Nutrition Clinique et Métabolique, Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Université d Oran 31000 Es Senia, Oran, Algeria
Atherosclerosis 169:269-77. 2003..01) and in GIII (P<0.05). Long-term treatment with acetate hemodialysis using cuprophane membrane does not improve lipolytic activity decrease and lipoprotein alterations generated by chronic renal failure (CRF)...
- Chylomicron and VLDL TAG structures and postprandial lipid response induced by lard and modified lardKaisa M Yli-Jokipii
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, Finland
Lipids 38:693-703. 2003..05) after both meals. In conclusion, positional distribution of TAG FA was found to affect postprandial lipid metabolism in healthy normolipidemic subjects...
- Adipocyte differentiation-related protein promotes fatty acid storage in cytosolic triglycerides and inhibits secretion of very low-density lipoproteinsBjörn Magnusson
Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1566-71. 2006..We investigated the role of adipocyte differentiation-related protein (ADRP) in triglyceride turnover and in the secretion of very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) from McA-RH7777 cells and primary rat hepatocytes...
- Overexpression of SND p102, a rat homologue of p100 coactivator, promotes the secretion of lipoprotein phospholipids in primary hepatocytesLourdes Palacios
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of the Basque Country, Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:698-708. 2006..Collectively, the results suggest a specific, positive association of SND p102 and phospholipid release in lipoprotein particles in hepatocytes...
- Impairment of VLDL secretion by medium-chain fatty acids in chicken primary hepatocytes is affected by the chain lengthKan Sato
Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University
J Nutr 135:1636-41. 2005....
- Saturated fat-induced changes in Sf 60-400 particle composition reduces uptake of LDL by HepG2 cellsKim G Jackson
School of Food Biosciences, University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 47:393-403. 2006..008). In conclusion, these findings suggest an alternative or additional mechanism whereby acute fat ingestion can influence LDL clearance via competitive apoE-dependent effects of TRL on the LDL receptor...
- Short-term overexpression of DGAT1 or DGAT2 increases hepatic triglyceride but not VLDL triglyceride or apoB productionJohn S Millar
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2297-305. 2006..In the presence of adequate cytoplasmic lipid stores, factors other than triglyceride synthesis are rate-limiting for VLDL production...
- Identification of unique lipoprotein subclasses for visceral obesity by component analysis of cholesterol profile in high-performance liquid chromatographyMitsuyo Okazaki
Laboratory of Chemistry, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2 8 30, Kohnodai, Ichikawa shi, Chiba 272 0827, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:578-84. 2005..The contribution of visceral fat accumulation to the development of coronary heart disease was previously reported, but the relation between visceral fat accumulation and serum lipoprotein subclasses was unknown...
- Relation of the size and intracellular sorting of apoB to the formation of VLDL 1 and VLDL 2Pia Stillemark-Billton
Department of Medical Biochemistry and the Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Lipid Res 46:104-14. 2005..We propose that the dense apoB-100 intracellular particle is converted to LDL-VLDL 2 by size-dependent lipidation. LDL-VLDL 2 is secreted or converted to VLDL 1 by the uptake of the major amount of triglycerides...
- A new combined multicompartmental model for apolipoprotein B-100 and triglyceride metabolism in VLDL subfractionsMartin Adiels
Mathematical Sciences, Chalmers University of Technology, 412 96 Goteborg, Sweden
J Lipid Res 46:58-67. 2005..These observations are consistent with a sequential assembly model of VLDL and suggest that the TG is added to a primordial apoB-containing particle in the liver...
- A randomized study comparing the effects of a low-carbohydrate diet and a conventional diet on lipoprotein subfractions and C-reactive protein levels in patients with severe obesityPrakash Seshadri
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Med 117:398-405. 2004..To compare the effects of a low-carbohydrate diet and a conventional (fat- and calorie-restricted) diet on lipoprotein subfractions and inflammation in severely obese subjects...
- Transcript profiling suggests that differential metabolic adaptation of mice to a high fat diet is associated with changes in liver to muscle lipid fluxesValérie de Fourmestraux
Institute of Physiology University of Lausanne, Lausanne CH 1005, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:50743-53. 2004..Finally, gene classifiers could be established that were characteristic of each metabolic phenotype. Together, these data suggest that epigenetic mechanisms influence gene expression patterns and metabolic fates...
- Dietary fatty acids make a rapid and substantial contribution to VLDL-triacylglycerol in the fed stateRichard B Heath
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E732-9. 2007..We conclude that there is rapid flux of fatty acids from the diet into endogenous pools. Further study of these processes may open up new targets for intervention to reduce VLDL-TG concentrations and postprandial lipemia...
- Rate of production of plasma and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) apolipoprotein C-III is strongly related to the concentration and level of production of VLDL triglyceride in male subjects with different body weights and levels of insulin sensitivityJeffrey S Cohn
Hyperlipidemia and Atherosclerosis Research Group, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2W 1R7
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3949-55. 2004....
- Zonation of labeling of lipogenic acetyl-CoA across the liver: implications for studies of lipogenesis by mass isotopomer analysisIlya R Bederman
Department of Nutrition, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43207-16. 2004..R., Kasumov, T., Reszko, A. E., David, F., Brunengraber, H., and Kelleher, J. K. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 43217-43226)...
- The molecular mechanisms underlying the reduction of LDL apoB-100 by ezetimibe plus simvastatinDawn E Telford
Vascular Biology, Robarts Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Lipid Res 48:699-708. 2007..Ezetimibe plus simvastatin decreases VLDL and LDL apoB-100 concentrations through reduced VLDL production and upregulation of LDLR-mediated LDL clearance...
- Plasma apolipoprotein C-III transport in centrally obese men: associations with very low-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein B and high-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein A-I metabolismDick C Chan
Metabolic Research Centre, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Royal Perth Hospital, GPO Box X2213, Perth, Western Australia 6847, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:557-64. 2008..Plasma apoC-III is elevated in centrally obese men, and we hypothesized that the kinetics of apoC-III are disturbed in these subjects...
- Carbohydrate restriction alters lipoprotein metabolism by modifying VLDL, LDL, and HDL subfraction distribution and size in overweight menRichard J Wood
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Nutr 136:384-9. 2006..01). We conclude that weight loss induced by CR favorably alters the secretion and processing of plasma lipoproteins, rendering VLDL, LDL, and HDL particles associated with decreased risk for atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease...
- Mechanisms of inhibition by apolipoprotein C of apolipoprotein E-dependent cellular metabolism of human triglyceride-rich lipoproteins through the low density lipoprotein receptor pathwayE Sehayek
Department of Medicine B, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Biol Chem 266:18259-67. 1991....
- Comparison of the effects of dietary n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids on very-low-density lipoprotein secretion when delivered to hepatocytes in chylomicron remnantsX Zheng
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Royal College St, London NW1 0TU, UK
Biochem J 357:481-7. 2001....
- Rabbit very low density lipoprotein receptor: a low density lipoprotein receptor-like protein with distinct ligand specificityS Takahashi
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Sendai, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:9252-6. 1992....
- Very-low-density lipoprotein assembly and secretionG S Shelness
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 12:151-7. 2001..VLDL production is controlled primarily at the level of presecretory degradation. Recently, it was discovered that the LDL receptor modulates VLDL production through its interactions with nascent VLDL in the secretory pathway...
- Hepatic regulation of apolipoprotein BRita Kohen Avramoglu
Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 5:293-301. 2004
- The roles of insulin and fatty acids in the regulation of hepatic very-low-density lipoprotein assemblyG F Gibbons
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
J R Soc Med 95:23-32. 2002
- Use of Intralipid for kinetic analysis of HDL apoC-III: evidence for a homogeneous kinetic pool of apoC-III in plasmaMinh N Nguyen
Metabolic Research Centre, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia
J Lipid Res 47:1274-80. 2006....
- Effects of palm oil and transesterified palm oil on chylomicron and VLDL triacylglycerol structures and postprandial lipid responseK Yli-Jokipii
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, FIN-20014 Turku, Finland
J Lipid Res 42:1618-25. 2001..The relationship between TAG molecular structures in dietary fats and in lipoproteins provides new means for understanding the effects of fatty acid positional distribution on human lipid metabolism...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans mediate internalization and degradation of beta-VLDL and promote cholesterol accumulation by pigeon macrophagesT Seo
Department of Pathology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1072, USA
J Lipid Res 38:765-79. 1997....
- Vegetable oils affect the composition of lipoproteins in sea bream (Sparus aurata)María José Caballero
Department of Comparative Pathology, Trasmontana, S N, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Br J Nutr 96:830-9. 2006..VLDL was the fraction more affected by dietary fatty acid, followed by LDL and HDL. The n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acid content increased in the order VLDL less than LDL and less than HDL, regardless of dietary vegetable oils...
- Expression of human apolipoprotein A-II in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice induces features of familial combined hyperlipidemiaJ C Escolà-Gil
Servei de Bioquímica de l Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
J Lipid Res 41:1328-38. 2000..We conclude that apoE-deficient mice overexpressing human apoA-II constitute useful animal models with which to study the mechanisms leading to overproduction of VLDL, and that apoA-II may function to regulate VLDL production...
- Effects of exogenous glucagon on lipids in lipoproteins and liver of lactating dairy cowsG Bobe
Nutritional Physiology Group, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011 3150, USA
J Dairy Sci 86:2895-903. 2003....
- Lipoprotein effects of different thiazolidinediones in clinical practiceFernando Ovalle
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of, Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Endocr Pract 8:406-10. 2002..To investigate and compare the effects of troglitazone and rosiglitazone on plasma lipoproteins in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia...
- Mice deficient in apolipoprotein E but not LDL receptors are resistant to accelerated atherosclerosis associated with obesitySandra A Schreyer
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, AstraZeneca, Molndal, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 171:49-55. 2003....
- Relationship between alpha-tocopherol content in the different lipoprotein fractions in term pregnant women and in umbilical cord bloodIsabel Sanchez-Vera
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
Ann Nutr Metab 48:146-50. 2004..To determine the concentration of vitamin E in normal maternal and umbilical cord blood pairs, and to study the relationship between vitamin E content in maternal lipoprotein fractions and umbilical cord blood...
- Altered cholesterol metabolism in human apolipoprotein E4 knock-in miceH Hamanaka
Project 8, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 9:353-61. 2000..Our human apoE4 knock-in mice will be useful in clarifying the role of apoE in the etiologies of AD and cardiovascular diseases in relation to cholesterol and lipid metabolism...
- Postprandial chylomicrons: potent vehicles for transporting cholesterol from endogenous LDL+HDL and cell membranes to the liver via LCAT and CETPByung Hong Chung
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Lipid Res 45:1242-55. 2004....
- A mouse model with features of familial combined hyperlipidemiaL Masucci-Magoulas
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, 630 West 168 Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 275:391-4. 1997..This mouse model may provide clues to the origin of human FCHL...
- Hypertriglyceridemia in lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase-deficient mice is associated with hepatic overproduction of triglycerides, increased lipogenesis, and improved glucose toleranceDominic S Ng
Department of Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1A6, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:7636-42. 2004..014). Both the HTG and the improved fasting glucose phenotype seen in the dko mice are at least in part attributable to an up-regulation of the hepatic srebp-1c gene...
- Protective effect of rutin on lipids, lipoproteins, lipid metabolizing enzymes and glycoproteins in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsP Stanely Mainzen Prince
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamilnadu, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:1373-83. 2006..05) changes in any of the parameters studied. In conclusion, the beneficial effect of rutin on lipids, lipoproteins, lipid metabolizing enzymes and glycoproteins could be due to its antioxidant property...
- Plasma lipids, lipoprotein composition and profile during induction and treatment of hepatic lipidosis in cats and the metabolic effect of one daily meal in healthy catsG Blanchard
UP de Nutrition, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, Maisons Alfort, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 88:73-87. 2004..This study also showed that cholesterolaemia is increased in cats fed at a dietary rhythm of one meal per day compared to ad libitum feeding...
- Effects of atorvastatin on triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, low-density lipoprotein subclass, and C-reactive protein in hemodialysis patientsAyako Ikejiri
First Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokkyo, Japan
Metabolism 53:1113-7. 2004..These results suggest that atorvastatin is safe and effective for the management of dyslipidemia in patients with CFR who are receiving HD, which may help to suppress the development of atherosclerosis...
- Metabolism of lipoproteins containing apolipoprotein B in hepatic lipase-deficient miceS Qiu
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Lipid Res 39:1661-8. 1998..These studies thus demonstrate a critical role for mouse hepatic lipase in the formation of small, dense low density lipoproteins, as well as participation in the normal clearance and processing of chylomicron remnants...
- Hormone therapy, lipoprotein subclasses, and coronary calcification: the Healthy Women StudyRachel H Mackey
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:510-5. 2005..To test this hypothesis, we evaluated differences in coronary calcification, lipids, and lipoprotein subclasses among HT users and nonusers in a longitudinal study of the menopause...
- Regulation of plasma triglycerides in insulin resistance and diabetesHenry N Ginsberg
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Med Res 36:232-40. 2005....
- Characterisation of the lipoprotein structure in the St. Thomas' Mixed Hyperlipidaemic (SMHL) rabbitBaukje de Roos
Department of Vascular Biochemistry, Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, Glasgow, UK
Atherosclerosis 181:63-8. 2005....
- APOE3 AND APOE4 EFFECTS ON CELLULAR PATHOBIOLOGYROBERT PITAS; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- APOLIPOPROTEIN E BINDING TO RECEPTORSDavid Chappell; Fiscal Year: 1991..Our goal determine the origin of beta-very low density lipoproteins, a potentially atherogenic lipoprotein that is the hallmark of defective function of apo-E in vivo...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS IN ATHEROGENESISCOLIN SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..All 4 projects depend upon CORE units in cell culture, biochemistry, pathology and administration. Quality is monitored by internal and external advisory committees...
- FUNCTION OF LIPOPROTEIN LIPASE PROTEOGLYCAN INTERACTIONAndre Bensadoun; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MONOCYTE RECEPTORS MEDIATING ADHESION--ENDOTHELIAL CELLIsrael Charo; Fiscal Year: 1992..The proposed research should increase our knowledge of the molecular mechanisms of monocyte-endothelial cell interactions and may form a basis for the design of rational and novel strategies to prevent and treat atherosclerosis...
- ESTROGENS, MACROPHAGE FOAM CELLS AND ATHEROSCLEROSISRICHARD ST CLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2001..As a result, important new information on one of the potential mechanisms by which estrogens may reduce atherosclerosis at the level of the arterial wall could be forthcoming. ..
- ApoB-Proteoglycan Interaction and AtherosclerosisZhouji Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such information will advance our understanding of mechanisms of atherosclerosis and, in turn, facilitate developing new therapeutic strategies to treat atherosclerotic diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Relationship of Apo B and BHMT: Nutrition and PhysiologyJanet Sparks; Fiscal Year: 2004..A potential link of two pathways whose products or intermediates are associated with increased cardiovascular disease risk could be established. ..
- Postprandial Lipemia and Endothelial Function In ACCORDHenry Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar ProgramHenry Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..They believe firmly that this K12 CRS Program will have an immense impact on the future of patient-oriented research in the next decades. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatic Steatosis Modulation by Apo B Gene TranscriptionJANET DEHOFF SPARKS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mentored Career Development in Patient Oriented ResearchDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Personal Digital Assistant for Guideline Adherence TrialDavid Goff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hence, this innovative strategy holds great promise for making a substantial public health impact through the prevention of CVD and through subsequent translation to other important conditions. ..
- VLDL and LDL Particle Types as CHD Risk FactorsFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Insulin Resistance and Polycystic Ovary SyndromeAnn Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Does exercise that reduces insulin resistance also decrease androgen levels? 3. Does exercise improve indicators of perceived body image, quality of life, stress and depression? ..
- Hyperglycemia, Aldose Reducatse & Murine AtherosclerosisIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is significant because it will provide for a model to study this complication and suggest a therapeutic target for prevention of diabetic macrovascular disease. ..
- ApoB and ApoA-I Kinetics in the ApoB-67 MutationFrancine Welty; Fiscal Year: 2006..The apoB-67 mutation may provide insights into mechanisms of low LDL-C and high HDL-C levels and new and better therapies to lower cholesterol. ..
- Genetics, Lipids, and Responses to Exercise TrainingAmy Halverstadt; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- APOLIPOPROTEIN GENES AND ATHEROGENESIS IN ANIMALSNobuyo Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- APO B TRANSLOCATION AND DEGRADATIONRoger Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are confident that our proposed studies will provide new insights that will add further proof to the feasibility and advance the therapeutic potential of controlling the apo B processing pathway. ..
- ENZYMATIC REACTIONS OF PLASMA LIPOPROTEINSHenry J Pownall; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Common Marmoset as a Primate Model of Maternal ObesitySUZETTE D contact TARDIF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolism in NAFLDSatish C Kalhan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies are aimed at examining the metabolic mechanisms involved in the progression of this disease, so that specific targeted intervention strategies related to the stage of the disease can be identified and evaluated. ..
- Mechanisms of Vitamin E Function Studied in ZebrafishMaret G Traber; Fiscal Year: 2010..the molecular targets altered by - tocopherol-deficiency in the zebrafish will provide a solid basis for understanding why humans require -tocopherol for reproduction as well as to maintain a healthy nervous system ..
- Lipoproteins and PEDF in the Vascular Complications of DiabetesTimothy J Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work, which involves ongoing collaboration with two large federally funded prospective studies of Type 1 and of Type 2 diabetes, addresses markers and mechanisms for the chronic vascular complications of diabetes. ..
- Biomarkers and Outcomes in the Diabetes Prevention ProgramRonald B Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN A-IVRichard B Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that these studies will provide new knowledge on the function of apo A-IV in the complex process of lipoprotein assembly relevant to the dietary control of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and obesity. ..
- HDL metabolism: Influence of extracellular lipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Testing Human Quantitative Genomic Variations in MiceNobuyo Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2009..The "low-high" strains of mice that we produce should aid in distinguishing between local and systemic effects of gene expression and allow further dissection of the underlying molecular mechanisms. ..
- Imaging Lipoprotein-Endothelial Cell InteractionsJohn Rutledge; Fiscal Year: 2007..S., is initiated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dietary Macronutrients and Weight LossFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will be straightforwardly applicable to public health and clinical guidelines for obesity, and will increase our understanding of the biology of obesity and weight loss. ..
- Cardiovascular Consequences of Thyroid DysfunctionElizabeth Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pearce's career as an independent academic clinical investigator with a focus on thyroid disease and epidemiology. ..
- DIETARY FATTY ACIDS, PPAR ACTIVATED GENES, AND CHDHANNAI CAMPOS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Because polyunsaturated FAs are important as activators of PPARs and their capacity to regulate gene expression at the level of transcription, this metabolic system is a suitable candidate for the proposed study. ..
- Assembly Pathway of VLDL-A Three Step ProcessLARRY SWIFT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DETERMINANTS OF REPRODUCTIVE COMPETENCE IN CALLITRICIDSSuzette Tardif; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such information can be used to better define long-term captive propagation. The results will also be useful for defining marmosets as models of life history effects on reproduction and maternal health. ..
- ATHEROGENICITY OF APOB CONTAINING LIPOPROTEINSIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, the experiments are significant for our understanding of atherosclerosis development and may demonstrate molecular methods to alter apoB retention that could be used in treatment and preventative therapies. ..
- Neonatal Nutrition and the Genetics of Human LactationRichard Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..This knowledge could eventually enable the identification of women who require specific fatty acid or vitamin supplementation to assure optimal infant nutrition. ..
- METABOLISM OF GENETIC VARIANTS OF APOLIPOPROTEIN BGustav Schonfeld; Fiscal Year: 2003..These broad based studies are expected further to define the relationships between apoB structure and its production, intravascular fate and tissue sites of and cellular catabolism. ..
- GENETIC INTERACTIONS IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND HYPERTENSIONNobuyo Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2002..Better understanding of the effects on atherogenesis of the individual factors that affect blood pressures should help the development of new means for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- MONOCYTE/MACROPHAGE SUBCELLULAR LIPOPROTEIN PROCESSINGNancy Jones; Fiscal Year: 2002..The role of receptors and non-specific binding will be determined by competition studies. The proposed studies will provide potential mechanism(s) for native LDL to cause in vitro foam cell formation. ..
- EFFECT OF DIETARY LIPIDS ON THE FUNCTION OF CHYLOMICRONSByung Hong Chung; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Antioxidant Supplementation,Oxidative Stress & Enduranc*Maret Traber; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the investigators plan to measure markers of inflammatory response, such as C-oxidants increase and vitamin E decreases these markers. ..
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES CONSTRUCTIONPeter Davies; Fiscal Year: 2001..The CLAMC was initially accredited by AAALAC-international in 1978 and remains fully accredited today. The Director of the CLAMC reports directly to the Executive Vice President for Research of the UTHSC-H. ..
- CELLULAR BASIS OF ANTIATHEROGENESIS BY APOLIPOPROTEIN EDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide greater understanding of the role of the local inflammatory response in atherosclerosis and its regulation by apoE. ..
- GENE-DIET INTERACTIONS AND HEART DISEASEHANNAI CAMPOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the most complete data set to study numerous hypotheses relating genes, diet, and CHD, and could lead to specific targeted interventions for reducing the development of CHD. ..
- Effect of donor tissue gp96 on allograft immunityALAN POCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..In particular, gp96 would present the alloantigenic fingerprint of the donor to the recipient immune system, and the requirement for tissue cross-matching may be rendered unnecessary. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwJames Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, Dr. Stein will determine if these medications impair postprandial clearance of triglyceride-containing lipoproteins by assessing lipid and lipoprotein responses to an oral fat load. ..
- Agilent 6890 GC/5973 mass detector for ProfilingRoger Davis; Fiscal Year: 2005..The projected use of each investigator is shown in table 1 and will account for 100% time use. Therefore, we have no alternative equipment for this essential technique. ..
- Siemens Acuson Sequoia Ultrasound MachineJames Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..There is significant opportunity for greater collaboration, research productivity, and cost savings if an ultrasound system is made available at the UW Medical School as a shared resource. ..
- MECHANISM OF PI-RELATED DYSLIPIDEMIA AND ATHEROSCLEROSISDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide novel insights into the mechanisms of PI-associated dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis. ..
- Decreased Perlecan in Experimental Models of DiabetesNeil Shachter; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will include characterizing the GAG chains present in HSPG. ..
- Rexinoid-Regulated Muscle Gene ExpressionPeter Davies; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Support for the Human Subjects Protection Program at UTHPeter Davies; Fiscal Year: 2003..The program will be under the direction of the Executive Vice President for Research of the UTHSC-H. ..
- HIV SYNDROME X & PROTEASE INHIBITORS: HUMAN STUDIESGerald Reaven; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies will help explain why untoward metabolic and clinical events occur with PI treatment, and define the diet most likely to decrease risk of type 2 diabetes and CHD in these patients. ..
- TEACHING NUTRITION TO PREVENT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESFrancine Welty; Fiscal Year: 2004..This career award will establish Dr. Walker as a leader in medical education in nutrition, his long-term career goal. ..
- APOE RECYCLING: Cell Biology and Physiologic RelevanceLARRY SWIFT; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will primarily focus on apoE recycling by the hepatocyte, but will also expand to the macrophage, a cell type for which the impact of apoE recycling on function may be of great relevance to atherogenesis. ..
- Effects of a high glycemic load diet on vascular systemJohn Rutledge; Fiscal Year: 2003..We urgently need more information about the cardiovascular consequences of some of the commonly used diets in order to properly advise individuals and the public at-large about the long-term consequences of dieting. ..
- KINETICS OF HUMAN POSTPRANDIAL LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will increase our understanding of the metabolic pathways that are activated or suppressed postprandially, and could lead to treatments for reducing the development of atherosclerosis. ..