Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent vasodilator agent that increases peripheral blood flow. It inhibits platelet aggregation and has many other biological effects such as bronchodilation, mediation of inflammation, etc.
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Recovery of mucosal barrier function in ischemic porcine ileum and colon is stimulated by a novel agonist of the ClC-2 chloride channel, lubiprostoneAdam J Moeser
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G647-56. 2007..Prostones such as lubiprostone may provide a selective and novel pharmacological mechanism of accelerating recovery of acutely injured intestine compared with the nonselective action of prostaglandins such as PGE(2)...
- Long-term safety and effectiveness of lubiprostone, a chloride channel (ClC-2) activator, in patients with chronic idiopathic constipationAnthony J Lembo
Division of Gastroenterology, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, DA 501, Boston, MA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:2639-45. 2011..Lubiprostone helps relieve constipation in short-term 4-week studies. There are limited data on long-term pharmacological treatment with lubiprostone for chronic idiopathic constipation...
- Lubiprostone reverses the inhibitory action of morphine on intestinal secretion in guinea pig and mouseGuijun Fei
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1218, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:333-40. 2010..Lubiprostone, which does not directly affect enteric neurons, bypasses the neurogenic constipating effects of morphine by directly opening chloride channels in the mucosal epithelium...
- Sexual quality of life in women partnered with men using intracavernous alprostadil injections after radical prostatectomyRene Yiou
Urology Department, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Henri Mondor Teaching Hospital, Creteil, France
J Sex Med 10:1355-62. 2013The effects of intracavernous alprostadil injection (IAI), a primary treatment for post-radical prostatectomy (RP) erectile dysfunction (ED) (pRPED), on the sex life of women partnered with men who have undergone RP have received little ..
- Safety evaluation of lubiprostone in the treatment of constipation and irritable bowel syndromeSherman M Chamberlain
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:841-50. 2012..Likely mechanisms for these side effects may be related to lubiprostone's primary action on small bowel secretion and the associated intestinal distension, as well as smooth muscle contraction...
- Lubiprostone reverses the inhibitory action of morphine on mucosal secretion in human small intestineXiaohong Sun
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:330-8. 2011..We tested whether lubiprostone can reverse morphine-suppression of mucosal secretion in human intestine and explored the mechanism of action...
- Lubiprostone activates Cl- secretion via cAMP signaling and increases membrane CFTR in the human colon carcinoma cell line, T84Mei Ao
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:339-51. 2011..Lubiprostone, used clinically (b.i.d.) to treat constipation, has been reported to increase transepithelial Cl(-) transport in T84 cells by activating ClC-2 channels...
- Efficacy and safety of oral lubiprostone in constipated patients with or without irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized, placebo-controlled and dose-finding studyS Fukudo
Department of Behavioral Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:544-e205. 2011..The aim of this work was to perform a dose-finding study for lubiprostone for the treatment of constipation with or without irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in Japan...
- A uniform extracellular stimulus triggers distinct cAMP signals in different compartments of a simple cellT C Rich
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13049-54. 2001..The decline in cAMP levels near the membrane was prevented by pretreatment with phosphodiesterase inhibitors. These data demonstrate that spatially and temporally distinct cAMP signals can coexist within simple cells...
- PGE1 and PGE2 modify platelet function through different prostanoid receptorsDavid Iyu
Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 94:9-16. 2011..In both cases the overall effects on platelet function reflect the balance between promotory and inhibitory effects at receptors that have opposite effects on adenylate cyclase...
- LimaprostTracy Swainston Harrison
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 67:109-18; discussion 119-20. 2007Limaprost, an alprostadil (prostaglandin E1) analogue, is a vasodilator that increases blood flow and inhibits platelet aggregation...
- Recovery of erectile function after nerve sparing radical prostatectomy and penile rehabilitation with nightly intraurethral alprostadil versus sildenafil citrateAndrew R McCullough
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 183:2451-6. 2010To our knowledge we report the first large, randomized, prospective penile rehabilitation clinical trial to compare the effectiveness of nightly intraurethral alprostadil vs sildenafil citrate after nerve sparing prostatectomy.
- The efficacy of prostaglandin E1 derivative in patients with lumbar spinal stenosisKo Matsudaira
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:115-20. 2009..Randomized controlled trial...
- Poor response to alprostadil ICI test is associated with arteriogenic erectile dysfunction and higher risk of major adverse cardiovascular eventsGiulia Rastrelli
Sexual Medicine and Andrology Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Sex Med 8:3433-45. 2011Intracavernous alprostadil injection (ICI) test has been considered useless in assessing the vascular status of subjects with erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Action of the stable prostacyclin analogue iloprost on microvascular tone and -permeability in the hamster cheek pouchB Muller
Research Laboratory of Schering AG Berlin, FRG
Prostaglandins Leukot Med 29:187-98. 1987..It is concluded, that microvascular effects of Iloprost by improvement of tissue perfusion and functional antagonism of mediator-induced tissue edema and vasospasm could contribute to therapeutic effectiveness in ischemic diseases...
- [Effects of alprostadil and ulinastatin on inflammatory response and lung injury after cardiopulmonary bypass in pediatric patients with congenital heart diseases]Yi fei Jiang
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325027, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2893-7. 2008To investigate the therapeutic effects of alprostadil (Lipo-PGE1) and Ulinastatin on inflammatory response and lung injury after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) in pediatric patients with congenital heart diseases.
- Lubiprostone for the treatment of adults with constipation and irritable bowel syndromeRon Schey
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, 4576 JCP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:1619-25. 2011..Thus far, lubiprostone offers a novel approach to our therapeutic armamentarium, however, there is a need for more drugs with different mechanisms of action, in order to treat constipation that is often multifunctional...
- Effects of intravenous administration of prostaglandin E(1) and lipo-prostaglandin E(1) on cochlear blood flow in guinea pigsTadashi Nishimura
Department of Otolaryngology, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 259:253-6. 2002..However, no significant increase in CBF was observed for either drug. In comparing the effects of PGE(1) and lipo-PGE(1), no obvious differences in the effects on SBP and CBF were observed in this study...
- Thrombospondin-1 induces platelet activation through CD36-dependent inhibition of the cAMP/protein kinase A signaling cascadeWayne Roberts
Hull York Medical School, University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, UK
Blood 116:4297-306. 2010..These data reveal a new role for TSP-1 in promoting platelet aggregation through modulation of the cAMP-PKA signaling pathway...
- [Complications of prostaglandin E1 treatment of congenital heart disease in paediatric medical intensive care]H Lucron
Service de Cardiologie Pediatrique, Hôpital d Enfants, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:524-30. 2005..The beneficial role of early neonatal enteral feeding was not demonstrated in this high risk population...
- Prostaglandin E(1) inhibits abnormal follicle rupture and restores ovulation in indomethacin-treated ratsFrancisco Gaytan
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Cordoba, Spain
Biol Reprod 67:1140-7. 2002..These data suggest that prostaglandins of the E series, and particularly PGE(1), play a crucial role in ovulation by determining the targeting of follicle rupture at the apex, thus allowing release of oocytes to the periovarian space...
- The effect of alprostadil on ischemia-reperfusion injury of peripheral nerve in ratsAbtullah Milcan
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Mersin, Ihsaniye Mah 4935 sok, no 3, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 49:67-72. 2004To determine the effect of alprostadil on the ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury of the sciatic nerve in rats.
- Gastric outlet obstruction after long-term prostaglandin administration mimicking hypertrophic pyloric stenosisM Lacher
Kinderchirurgische Klinik im Dr von Haunerschen Kinderspital, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur J Pediatr Surg 17:362-4. 2007..The symptoms diminish with cessation of the prostaglandin therapy after a corrective cardiac operation...
- Increased anticoagulation during cardiopulmonary bypass by prostaglandin E1S A Kozek-Langenecker
Department of Anethesiology and General Intensive Care, University of Vienna, School of Medicine, Austria
Anesth Analg 87:985-8. 1998..056). Adding PGE1 to unfractionated heparin enhances anticoagulation during CPB. The results suggest that reduced thrombin generation during surgery may decrease postoperative bleeding...
- Safety and patient outcomes with lubiprostone for up to 52 weeks in patients with irritable bowel syndrome with constipationW D Chey
GI Physiology Laboratory, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, 48109 0362, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 35:587-99. 2012..Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) significantly decreases quality of life and the ability to perform daily living activities...
- Placebo-controlled trial of lubiprostone for constipation associated with Parkinson diseaseW G Ondo
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
Neurology 78:1650-4. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of lubiprostone (Amitiza) for constipation in Parkinson disease (PD) in a double-blind, randomized, controlled study...
- Intra-arterial prostaglandin e(1) infusion in patients with rest pain: short-term resultsA Chatziioannou
Department of Interventional Radiology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, 76 Vas Sofias Avenue, 11528 Athens, Greece
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:803678. 2012To present our results after short-term (1 month) intra-arterial infusion therapy of PGE₁-alprostadil via a port system implanted in the ipsilateral external iliac artery (EIA) in patients with severe rest pain.
- Lubiprostone for the treatment of opioid-induced bowel dysfunctionBanny S Wong
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Clinical Enteric Neuroscience Translational and Epidemiological Research C E N T E R, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:983-90. 2011....
- Lubiprostone does not influence visceral pain thresholds in patients with irritable bowel syndromeW E Whitehead
Center for Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders and Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:944-e400. 2011..A secondary aim was to determine whether changes in pain sensitivity influence clinical pain independently of changes in transit time...
- Lubiprostone ameliorates the cystic fibrosis mouse intestinal phenotypeRobert C De Lisle
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 10:107. 2010..We investigated whether lubiprostone, which can activate the CLC2 Cl- channel, would improve the intestinal phenotype in CF mice...
- Alprostadil suppresses angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo in the murine Matrigel plug assayMaria Grazia Cattaneo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milano, Via Vanvitelli, 32, 20129 Milano, Italy Schwarz Pharma S p A, Via Gadames, 57, 20151 Milano, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 138:377-85. 20031. Prostaglandin E(1) (PGE(1), alprostadil) is used as a vasodilator for the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases. 2. Previous reports suggested a pro-angiogenic effect for PGE(1). 3...
- The fibrinolytic system components are increased in systemic sclerosis and modulated by Alprostadil (alpha1 ciclodestryn)F Bandinelli
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:671-7. 2005..receptor (su-PAR), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) plasma levels in SSc patients (pts) versus healthy controls and their modulation by intravenous alphacyclodestrine (Alprostadil).
- Efficacy and safety of lubiprostone in patients with chronic constipationCharles F Barish
Wake Gastroenterology, Wake Research Associates, 3100 Blue Ridge Road Suite 300, Raleigh, NC, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1090-7. 2010..The aim of this study is to assess the efficacy and safety of lubiprostone in adults with chronic constipation...
- Clinical trial: lubiprostone in patients with constipation-associated irritable bowel syndrome--results of two randomized, placebo-controlled studiesD A Drossman
University of North Carolina Center for Functional Gl and Mobility Disorders, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:329-41. 2009..Effective treatments for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) are lacking...
- Pharmacologic preconditioning effects: prostaglandin E1 induces heat-shock proteins immediately after ischemia/reperfusion of the mouse liverKen ichi Matsuo
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 9:758-68. 2005..Our results suggested that PGE1 induces HSPs immediately after ischemia reperfusion. HSPs might therefore play an important role in the protective effects of PGE1 against ischemia/reperfusion injury of the liver...
- Clinical and experimental evidence of prostaglandin E1-induced angiogenesis in the myocardium of patients with ischemic heart diseaseMohammad Reza Mehrabi
Department of Cardiology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Cardiovasc Res 56:214-24. 2002..This observational clinical study sought to investigate the angiogenic effects of PGE-1 in the failing human heart...
- A synthetic analog of prostaglandin E(1) prevents the production of reactive oxygen species in the intestinal mucosa of methotrexate-treated ratsFeng Gao
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, 263 8522, Chiba, Japan
Life Sci 71:1091-9. 2002..Thus, OP-1206 may possibly help the anticancer chemotherapy by protecting the small intestine from the methotrexate-induced damage...
- Regulation of endothelial progenitor cells by prostaglandin E1 via inhibition of apoptosisChristoph Gensch
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Kardiologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg, Saar, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:670-7. 2007..PGE1-mediated upregulation of EPC is associated with improved EPC function and enhanced angiogenesis...
- Hemostatic and fibrinolytic effects of systemic prostaglandin E1 therapy in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseM Kuss
Institut für Laboratoriumsmedizin und Pathobiochemie, Medizinischen Fakultät Charité, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Vasa 32:145-8. 2003..The study was designed to evaluate if there is any evidence of a hyperfibrinolytic bleeding-risk under systemic treatment with prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) of patients with peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Prostaglandin E2 receptor EP1 transactivates EGFR/MET receptor tyrosine kinases and enhances invasiveness in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsChang Han
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 207:261-70. 2006..These findings disclose a cross-talk between the COX-2/PGE(2)/EP(1) and EGFR/c-Met signaling pathways that coordinately regulate human HCC cell invasion...
- Expression of VEGF and neural repair after alprostadil treatment in a rat model of sciatic nerve crush injuryJinrong Tang
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210 029, China
Neurol India 57:387-94. 2009Vasoactive drug alprostadil improves microcirculation and can be effective in treating disorders of peripheral nerves...
- PGE1 analog alprostadil induces VEGF and eNOS expression in endothelial cellsDominik G Haider
Dept of Angiology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2066-72. 2005..We have investigated the effects of the PGE1 analog alprostadil on eNOS, VEGF, and HIF-1alpha expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) using RT-PCR and ..
- Prostaglandin E1 induces vascular endothelial growth factor-1 in human adult cardiac myocytes but not in human adult cardiac fibroblasts via a cAMP-dependent mechanismThomas Werner Weiss
Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University Vienna, and the Ludwig Boltzmann Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna A 1090, Austria
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:539-46. 2004..If this effect of PGE(1) is also operative in the in vivo situation, one could speculate that cardiac myocytes could be a cellular source of PGE(1)-induced VEGF-1 expression in patients treated with this drug...
- Microvascular in vivo assessment of reperfusion injury: significance of prostaglandin E(1) and I(2) in postischemic "no-reflow" and "reflow-paradox"Stefan Tauber
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Surg Res 120:1-11. 2004....
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled, efficacy and safety study of topical gel formulation of 1% alprostadil (Topiglan) for the in-office treatment of erectile dysfunctionI Goldstein
Department of Urology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Urology 57:301-5. 2001OBJECTIVES: To asses the efficacy and safety of Topiglan (1% alprostadil in a formulation with 5% SEPA [soft enhancer of percutaneous absorption]) or placebo gel (0...
- Receptors and signaling mechanisms required for prostaglandin E2-mediated regulation of mast cell degranulation and IL-6 productionMyTrang Nguyen
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Immunol 169:4586-93. 2002..Accordingly, these studies identify PGE(2)/EP(3) as a proinflammatory signaling pathway that promotes mast cell activation...
- Comparison of the chloride channel activator lubiprostone and the oral laxative Polyethylene Glycol 3350 on mucosal barrier repair in ischemic-injured porcine intestineAdam J Moeser
North Carolina State University, Raleigh NC 27606, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:6012-7. 2008..To investigate the effects of lubiprostone and Polyethylene Glycol 3350 (PEG) on mucosal barrier repair in ischemic-injured porcine intestine...
- Prostaglandin E1 inhibits IL-6-induced MCP-1 expression by interfering specifically in IL-6-dependent ERK1/2, but not STAT3, activationRadoslaw M Sobota
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 412:65-72. 2008..In summary, we have discovered a specific cross-talk between the adenylate cyclase cascade and the IL-6-induced MAPK (mitogen-activated protein kinase) cascade and have investigated its impact on IL-6-dependent gene expression...
- Dietary fish oil and pectin enhance colonocyte apoptosis in part through suppression of PPARdelta/PGE2 and elevation of PGE3J Vanamala
Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:790-6. 2008..These data suggest that the dietary FP combination may be used as a possible countermeasure to colon carcinogenesis, as apoptosis is enhanced even when colonocytes are exposed to radiation and/or an alkylating agent...
- An anchored PKA and PDE4 complex regulates subplasmalemmal cAMP dynamicsDebbie Willoughby
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 25:2051-61. 2006..We propose that gravin-associated PDE4D isoforms provide a means to rapidly terminate subplasmalemmal cAMP signals with concomitant effects on localized ion channels or enzyme activities...
- PGE(1) stimulation of HEK293 cells generates multiple contiguous domains with different [cAMP]: role of compartmentalized phosphodiesterasesAnna Terrin
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, 35129 Padova, Italy
J Cell Biol 175:441-51. 2006....
- New aspect of anti-inflammatory action of lipo-prostaglandinE1 in the management of collagen diseases-related skin ulcerHiroyuki Murota
Department of Dermatology Course of Integrated Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Rheumatol Int 28:1127-35. 2008..From these results, it can be expected that Lipo-PGE1 will act favorably on intractable collagen diseases...
- Antiplatelet agents in tissue factor-induced blood coagulationS Butenas
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405-0068, USA
Blood 97:2314-22. 2001....
- Formation and antiproliferative effect of prostaglandin E(3) from eicosapentaenoic acid in human lung cancer cellsPeiying Yang
Pharmaceutical Development Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
J Lipid Res 45:1030-9. 2004..These data indicate that exposure of lung cancer cells to EPA results in a decrease in the COX-2-mediated formation of PGE(2), an increase in the level of PGE(3), and PGE(3)-mediated inhibition of tumor cell proliferation...
- Injection therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a comparison between alprostadil and a combination of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and phentolamine mesilateP J R Shah
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, London, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2577-83. 2007To compare two injectable treatments, alprostadil 5-20 microg powder for injection and a combination of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and phentolamine in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Marked hypotensive and blood flow-increasing effects of a new lipo-PGE(1) (lipo-AS013) due to vascular wall targetingR Igarashi
The Second Department of the Institute of Medical Science, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, 216 8512, Kawasaki, Japan
J Control Release 71:157-64. 2001..The results indicated that lipo-AS013 was more efficient at delivering the active ingredient (AS013) to the vessel wall. In conclusion, lipo-AS013 could supersede lipo-PGE(1) and PGE(1)CD in clinical use...
- cAMP microdomains and L-type Ca2+ channel regulation in guinea-pig ventricular myocytesSunita Warrier
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4970, USA
J Physiol 580:765-76. 2007....
- The effect of intraportal prostaglandin E1 on adhesion molecule expression, inflammatory modulator function, and histology in canine hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injuryTariq Hafez
Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Surg Res 138:88-99. 2007..This study investigates the effect of intraportal infusion of PGE1 in a warm liver ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) model on cytokines, adhesion molecules and liver structure...
- Topical alprostadil treatment of female sexual arousal disorderLuba A Kielbasa
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident and Instructor, Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1369-76. 2006To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and safety of topical alprostadil in the treatment of female sexual arousal disorder (FSAD).
- Human granulosa-lutein cells express functional EP1 and EP2 prostaglandin receptorsT E Harris
Reproduction and Development Group, Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, London, NW1 0TU, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:1089-94. 2001..Exposure of GL cells to 16,16-dm PGE(2) transiently raised [Ca(2+)](i) levels, which could be prevented by both AH6809 and SC19220. We therefore conclude that human GL cells express functional EP1 and EP2 receptors...
- Lubiprostone: chronic constipation and irritable bowel syndrome with constipationBrian E Lacy
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Area 4C, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:143-52. 2009....
- Lubiprostone stimulates secretion from tracheal submucosal glands of sheep, pigs, and humansN S Joo
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L811-24. 2009..Lubiprostone had no spasmogenic activity on trachealis muscle, making it a potential agent for increasing airway secretion that may have therapeutic utility...
- Lubiprostone stimulates duodenal bicarbonate secretion in ratsMisa Mizumori
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:2063-9. 2009..Lubiprostone, a bicyclic fatty acid, is used for the treatment of chronic constipation. No published study has addressed the effect of lubiprostone on intestinal ion secretion in vivo...
- Clinical trial: phase 2 study of lubiprostone for irritable bowel syndrome with constipationJ F Johanson
College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Rockford, IL, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:685-96. 2008..Analyses of a trial in constipated patients indicated that lubiprostone may be an effective treatment for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation...
- Activation of intestinal Cl- secretion by lubiprostone requires the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorMarcel J C Bijvelds
Department of Biochemistry, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 137:976-85. 2009..Because ClC-2 recruitment might be beneficial to CF patients, we investigated lubiprostone's mode of action...
- Small dose of prostaglandin E(1) increases cardiac output without altering blood volumeH Fukuda
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hiroshima University Faculty of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
J Clin Anesth 13:330-4. 2001..To investigate the effect of small dose of intravenous (IV) prostaglandin E(1) (PGE(1)) on blood volume (BV) and cardiac output (CO) by pulse dye-densitometry (PDD) in patients administered isoflurane anesthesia...
- Topical alprostadil (PGE1) for the treatment of female sexual arousal disorder: in-clinic evaluation of safety and efficacyJulia R Heiman
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 27:31-41. 2006This multi-center, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover design study evaluated the effects of a topical alprostadil solution for the treatment of female sexual arousal disorder (FSAD)...
- Comparable effects of sildenafil citrate and alprostadil on severe Raynaud's phenomenon in a patient with systemic sclerosisY Kamata
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:451. 2005
- Initial results utilizing combination therapy for patients with a suboptimal response to either alprostadil or sildenafil monotherapyJ H Mydlo
Department of Urology, State University of New York Downstate Medical School, Brooklyn 11203, USA
Eur Urol 38:30-4. 2000Intraurethral alprostadil and oral sildenafil are useful in selected patients. However, there continues to be a significant treatment failure rate...
- Duodenal secretion in humans mediated by the EP4 receptor subtypeR Larsen
Department of Medicine M, Division of Gastroenterology, Glostrup University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Physiol Scand 185:133-40. 2005..The spectrum of activities by PGE2 in mammals, including cytoprotective bicarbonate secretion in duodenum, is mediated through four G protein-coupled receptor subtypes (EP1-EP4)...
- Use of the chloride channel activator lubiprostone for constipation in adults with cystic fibrosis: a case seriesCatherine E O'Brien
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:577-81. 2010..To describe the use of lubiprostone for constipation in 3 adults with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Enteric nervous system: sensory physiology, diarrhea and constipationJackie D Wood
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology and Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 26:102-8. 2010..Progress in understanding mechanosensory detection in these processes, disordered enteric nervous system integration in diarrhea and constipation and pharmacotherapy is summarized...
- Comparison between iloprost and alprostadil in the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenonB Marasini
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Scand J Rheumatol 33:253-6. 2004The prostanoids iloprost and alprostadil are widely used to treat ischaemic changes in patients with Raynaud's phenomenon (RP), but the optimal regimen is poorly defined...
- Effect of a selective chloride channel activator, lubiprostone, on gastrointestinal transit, gastric sensory, and motor functions in healthy volunteersMichael Camilleri
Clinical Enteric Neuroscience Translational and Epidemiological Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Charlton 8 110, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G942-7. 2006..Thus the ClC-2 activator lubiprostone accelerates small intestinal and colonic transit, which confers potential in the treatment of constipation...
- Evaluation of transurethral application of alprostadil for erectile dysfunction in IndonesiansW I Pangkahila
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Udayana University, Denpasar, Indonesia
Asian J Androl 2:233-6. 2000To evaluate the efficacy and safety of transurethral application of alprostadil (MUSE) for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in Indonesians.
- Effects on improvement of blood flow in the chronically compressed cauda equina: comparison between a selective prostaglandin E receptor (EP4) agonist and a prostaglandin E1 derivateMiho Sekiguchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima City, Fukushima, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:869-72. 2006..Vasodilatation was studied in a model of experimental chronic cauda equina compression using measurements of vessel diameter on video recordings...
- Use of intraurethral alprostadil in patients not responding to sildenafil citrateJamison S Jaffe
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Urology 63:951-4. 2004To determine whether intraurethral alprostadil would be an effective alternative for men with erectile dysfunction who did not respond adequately to sildenafil citrate but desired minimally invasive treatment.
- Augmentation of receptor-mediated adenylyl cyclase activity by Gi-coupled prostaglandin receptor subtype EP3 in a Gbetagamma subunit-independent mannerNoriyuki Hatae
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:162-8. 2002..These findings suggest that the C-terminal tail of the EP3beta receptor is not essentially involved in activation of EP2 receptor-stimulated adenylyl cyclase in a Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent but Gbetagamma subunit-independent manner...
- Effects of OP-1206 alpha-CD on walking dysfunction in the rat neuropathic intermittent claudication model: comparison with nifedipine, ticlopidine and cilostazolKatsuhiko Nakai
Discovery Research Laboratories III, Minase Research Institute, Ono Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 3 1 1 Sakurai, Shimanmoto cho, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8585, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 71:253-63. 2003..These data suggest that the therapeutic effect of OP-1206 alpha-CD is primarily mediated by the improved local SCBF at the territory of spinal stenosis and not due to improvement of peripheral perfusion and/or antiplatelet activity...
- Activation of prostaglandin EP receptors by lubiprostone in rat and human stomach and colonA K Bassil
Immuno Inflammation Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, Stevenage, UK
Br J Pharmacol 154:126-35. 2008..As lubiprostone may also directly modulate gastrointestinal motility, we investigated its actions and the possible involvement of prostaglandin EP receptor activation on rat and human isolated gastrointestinal preparations...
- Multicenter, 4-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of lubiprostone, a locally-acting type-2 chloride channel activator, in patients with chronic constipationJohn F Johanson
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:170-7. 2008..To assess the efficacy and safety of lubiprostone in adults with chronic constipation...
- Differential effects of prostaglandin derived from omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on COX-2 expression and IL-6 secretionDilprit Bagga
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1751-6. 2003..Taken together, our data suggest that successful replacement of omega-6 PUFA with omega-3 PUFA in cell membranes can result in a decreased cellular response to mitogenic and inflammatory stimuli...
- Stimulation of mucosal secretion by lubiprostone (SPI-0211) in guinea pig small intestine and colonGuijun Fei
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohi State University, 304 Hamilton Hall, 1645 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G823-32. 2009..Exposure to the histamine H2 receptor agonists increased basal Isc followed by persistent cyclical increases in Isc. Lubiprostone increased the peak amplitude of the dimaprit-evoked cycles...
- Effect of a chloride channel activator, lubiprostone, on colonic sensory and motor functions in healthy subjectsSeth Sweetser
Clinical Enteric Neuroscience Translational and Epidemiological Research CENTER Group, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G295-301. 2009..Effects of lubiprostone on sensitivity deserve further study...
- Cloning and expression of a cDNA for mouse prostaglandin E receptor EP3 subtypeY Sugimoto
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:6463-6. 1992..Northern blot analysis demonstrated that the EP3 mRNA is expressed abundantly in kidney, uterus, and mastocytoma P-815 cells and in a lesser amount in brain, thymus, lung, heart, stomach, and spleen...
- The effects of OP-1206 alpha-CD on walking dysfunction in the rat neuropathic intermittent claudication modelKatsuhiko Nakai
Discovery Research Laboratories III, Minase Research Institute, Ono Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 3 1 1 Sakurai Shimamoto cho, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8585, Japan
Anesth Analg 94:1537-41, table of contents. 2002....
- Lubiprostone activates non-CFTR-dependent respiratory epithelial chloride secretion in cystic fibrosis miceKelvin D MacDonald
Eudowood Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 200 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L933-40. 2008..RT-PCR confirmed expression of ClC-2 mRNA in murine lung homogenate. The direct application of lubiprostone in the CF murine nasal airway restores nearly normal levels of chloride secretion in nasal epithelia...
- Effects of lubiprostone on human uterine smooth muscle cellsJohn Cuppoletti
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0576, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 86:56-60. 2008..PGE(2) and PGE(1) both caused SC-51322-sensitive membrane depolarization and increased [cAMP](i). Lubiprostone has fundamentally different cellular effects from prostaglandins that are not mediated by EP receptors...
- EP4 and EP2 receptor subtypes involved in colonic secretion in ratAhmed Soliman Mosa
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery K, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:214-21. 2008....
- Prostaglandin E1 but not corticosteroid increases nerve root blood flow velocity after lumbar diskectomy in surgical patientsMakoto Fukusaki
Department of Anesthesia, Nagasaki Rosai Hospital, Sasebo, Japan
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 15:76-81. 2003..05) and group C (P <.05) at T1 and T2. The results show that intravenous injection of low-dose PGE(1), but not corticosteroid, increases RBF velocity after lumbar diskectomy...
- Clinical pharmacology of lubiprostone, a chloride channel activator in defecation disordersRegina Ginzburg
St John s University College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Queens, NY, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:1091-7. 2008....
- Lubiprostone, a locally acting chloride channel activator, in adult patients with chronic constipation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate efficacy and safetyJ F Johanson
Rockford Gastroenterology Associates, Rockford, IL, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:1351-61. 2007..Lubiprostone, a locally acting type-2 chloride channel activator, induces intestinal fluid secretion...
- Chloride transporting capability of Calu-3 epithelia following persistent knockdown of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator, CFTRL J MacVinish
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Pharmacol 150:1055-65. 2007..Calu-3 cells can be cultured to form epithelia capable of transepithelial transport of chloride. A CF Calu-3 cell is not available...
- A synthetic prostone activates apical chloride channels in A6 epithelial cellsHui Fang Bao
Emory Univ School of Medicine, Dept of Physiology, Whitehead Biomedical Research Bldg, 615 Michael St, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G234-51. 2008..Because of its properties, ClC-2 is uniquely suitable to promote anion secretion with little anion reabsorption. CFTR, on the other hand, could promote either reabsorption or secretion depending on the anion driving forces...
- The early use of transurethral alprostadil after radical prostatectomy potentially facilitates an earlier return of erectile function and successful sexual activityRupesh Raina
Department of Internal Medicine and Paediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
BJU Int 100:1317-21. 2007..Mountain View, CA, USA) after radical prostatectomy (RP) results in a shorter recovery time for the return to functional erections and successful sexual activity...
- An international comparison of the reliability and responsiveness of the Duke Health Profile for measuring health-related quality of life of patients treated with alprostadil for erectile dysfunctionG R Parkerson
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Med Care 37:56-67. 1999..The aim of this study was to assess the reliability and responsiveness of the physical, mental, and social health scales of the Duke Health Profile (DUKE)...
- Prostaglandin E2 receptor selective agonists E-prostanoid 2 and E-prostanoid 4 may have therapeutic effects on ovalbumin-induced bronchoconstrictionHiroshi Tanaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Chest 128:3717-23. 2005..In this study, we determined which PGE(2) receptor subtype(s) contribute to the prevention of allergen-induced bronchoconstriction...
- Transdermal and topical pharmacotherapy for male sexual dysfunctionMichael Ohebshalom
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 2:115-20. 2005..It is likely that the transdermal and topical drug armamentarium for sexual dysfunction, male and female, will grow over the next decade...
- Erectile dysfunction in spinal cord injury: a cost-utility analysisNicole Mittmann
Department of Pharmacology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue E240, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Rehabil Med 37:358-64. 2005..Treatment options for erectile dysfunction include sildenafil, intracavernous injections of papaverine/alprostadil (Caverject), alprostadil/papaverine/phentolamine ("Triple Mix"), transurethral suppository (MUSE), surgically ..
- A comparative review of the options for treatment of erectile dysfunction: which treatment for which patient?Konstantinos Hatzimouratidis
Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Drugs 65:1621-50. 2005..Intracavernous injections of alprostadil alone, or in combination with other vasoactive agents (papaverine and phentolamine), remain an excellent ..
- [The interest of early rehabilitation with intracavernous injections following complete prostatectomy]E Amar
Urologue andrologue, Hopital Bichat, Paris
Presse Med 34:15-8. 2005..In clinical practice, emphasis should be made on the psychological importance of the early return of erections and sexual activity...
- FEMALE SEXUAL AROUSAL: CLITORAL AND VAGINAL PHYSIOLOGYAbdulmaged Traish; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Reflexive Testosterone Release in MalesJOHN NYBY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, we believe that our results may also be directly relevant for understanding the seemingly addictive (i.e., rewarding) properties of anabolic steroid use in humans as well. ..
- THE USE OF ELECTROACUPUNCTURE TO MODULATE AROUSALEdgar Garcia Rill; Fiscal Year: 2002..However, the optimal stimulation sites and paradigms muse be identified and proven effective, first, in control populations, and later, in pathological populations. ..
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Erectile RestorationJOSEPH BOGGS; Fiscal Year: 2006..peripheral nerve to 1) evoke and 2) sustain a penile erection that is comparable to intracavernous injection of alprostadil (the gold standard for clinical treatment efficacy) in cats...
- MUSE WEBPADS: PROVIDING MUSEUM VISITORS UNIVERSAL ACCESSSONNY KIRKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..This research may lead to a Web-based standards for the development of museum content, a WebPad wireless computing device, and an authoring tool for creating the content to be delivered on these devices. ..
- ULTRASOUND MICROSCOPE TO INJECT MOUSE EMBRYOS, IN VIVODANIEL TURNBULL; Fiscal Year: 1999..The combination of recent breakthroughs in mouse genetics, together with this state-of-the-art UBM technology, will provide powerful new tools for studying mammalian development and human disease models in the mouse. ..
- MEDICATION ADHERENCE IN LATINOSEsperanza Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2004..leading to a Masters in Public Health. Dr. Diaz will also develop skills in descriptive and qualitative research, Data collection, Data analysis. Dr. Diaz will have an R01 proposal ready by the end of funding. ..
- Retroviral evasion of immune responseTatyana V Golovkina; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our studies will uncover the rules of retrovirus-microbiota-host interaction by using genetically defined and germ-free mice. ..
- MUSE WEBPADS: PROVIDING MUSEUM VISITORS UNIVERSAL ACCESSSONNY KIRKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Designing and developing a system that combines wireless technologies with universal design standards will result in products demanded by the Museum and travel industries. ..
- CONFERENCE ON MANIPULATING THE MAMMALIAN GENOMECharles Fox; Fiscal Year: 1990..The meeting will facilitate communication in the rapidly progressing fields of muse genetics and human biology and disease...
- Aerosolized PGE1 in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionBEENA SOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, a proposal for using aerosolized PGE1 in neonatal PPHN as a multicenter study will be submitted to the NICHD Neonatal Network. ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CHLORIDE CHANNELS AND GASTRIC ACID SECRETIONJohn Cuppoletti; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies strive to address the fundamental questions regarding the molecules and mechanisms involved in regulated HCl secretion. ..
- Role of Regulated CIC CI Channels in CI Secretion in CFJohn Cuppoletti; Fiscal Year: 2006..2 K channel in CF. This will also be studied in terms of CI transport, Na transport, CLCA2 function, inflammation and bacterial susceptibility. ..
- TRANSGENIC MOUSE MODELS OF PANCREATIC EXOCRINE FUNCTIONROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..That over expresses Muclin in the pancreatic acinar cell using the rat elastase promoter to direct cell specific expression. ..
- PATHOGENEISIS OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS IN THE GI SYSTEMROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pathology and Muclin expression will be compared in CF mice, and CF mice crossed with gastrin deficient mice (lack gastric acid secretion) to normalize intestinal Ph. ..
- Role of PPARgamma in ultraviolet stress responsesRaymond Konger; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PURINERGIC NEUROGENIC MUCOSAL SECRETIONJACKIE WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NITRIC OXIDE REGULATORY SYSTEM IN THE PENISArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Synergistic activation of PTGS2 and CXCL8 by Ni and microbial stimuliKelly Brant; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gastrointestinal Biopsychosocial Research CenterWilliam Whitehead; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed Center is university wide and includes investigators from psychology, psychiatry, surgery (gynecology division), neuroradiology, dentistry, and the school of public health. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF SKELETAL RECONSTITUTION AFTER LACTATIONScott Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 2008 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceArthur Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- K-Space energy spectrum analysis for echo-planar imagingNan kuei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Angiotensin-induced Oxidants and Vascular Cell PhenotypeRichard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDERSDouglas Drossman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Nanoparticles with Tailored Monolayers for DNA TransfectionVINCENT ROTELLO; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will also lay the groundwork for the development of in vivo gene delivery systems that will be pursued in future studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Na Channels in Afferents after Bladder ObstructionWilliam Steers; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insight into these cellular processes could be exploited to develop afferent based treatments for OAB employing pharmacologic, molecular or gene based strategies. ..
- Acquisition of a Confocal/Multiphoton Microscopy SystemRobert Burghardt; Fiscal Year: 2006..This new technology will provide faculty, postdoctoral fellows and students with access to a state-of-the-art imaging facility and will facilitate the ongoing research of the major and minor users. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Advancing the Treatment of Fecal & Urinary IncontinenceWilliam Whitehead; Fiscal Year: 2003..The conference is scheduled to take place November 3-5, 2002, in Milwaukee, and half of the invitees have accepted invitations to speak. ..
- ROLE OF PROTEIN KINASES IN TRANSPORT REGULATIONMary Taub; Fiscal Year: 2004..The possible involvement of an inhibitory phosphatase, in regulating the phosphorylation of the Na,K-ATPase will also be examined. ..
- ROLE OF PGE2 RECEPTORS EP2 AND EP3 ON SENESCENCERaymond Konger; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will underscore how alterations of receptor expression serve to define the role of eicasonoids in diverse cellular functions. ..
- Biomolecular Recognition Using Nanoparticle ReceptorsVINCENT ROTELLO; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also explore the recognition of cellular structures, and the use of this recognition for both imaging and therapeutic applications. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN II, OXIDATIVE STRESS, AND ATHEROSCLEROSISRichard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Efficacy of TUMT and Neoadjuvant Finasteride for BPHKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are proposing a 3-arm, placebo/sham controlled, randomized clinical trial using changes in symptoms as the primary ..
- Monolayer Protected Nanoparticles Flavoenzyme ModelsVINCENT ROTELLO; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- AMPHIPATHIC ORAL CHELATORS AND RADIONUCLIDE CONTAMINATIONScott Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..Because the pharmacology and toxicology of PACA chelators, such as DTPA and EDTA, are quite well understood, the development pathway of the related TT- based chelators may proceed rapidly. ..
- N O S AND NEUROPATHIC AND ENDOTHELIAL INDUCED EDKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of this research will aid in the understanding of how diabetic neuropathy contributes to sexual dysfunction and elucidate possible mechanisms to prevent them. ..
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE GROWTH BY NEURAL FACTORSKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using this model allows one to explore the limits of understanding prostatic neuroregulation, to explore neurotrophic influences on exocrine gland development, and to possibly uncover novel methods to influence prostate disease. ..
- BRADYKININ IN ENTERIC NEUROIMMUNE COMMUNICATIONJACKIE WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..The overall goal of the study is to better understand the role of bradykinin in motility disturbances, diarrhea, abdominal pain and inflammation. ..
- Oxidants, eicosanoids, and endothelium in diabetesRichard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..