Genomes and Genes
Summary: A stable, physiologically active compound formed in vivo from the prostaglandin endoperoxides. It is important in the platelet-release reaction (release of ADP and serotonin).
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors and the antiplatelet effects of aspirinF Catella-Lawson
EUPENN Group of Investigators, Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6084, USA
N Engl J Med 345:1809-17. 2001..Treatment with ibuprofen in patients with increased cardiovascular risk may limit the cardioprotective effects of aspirin...
- Pre-clinical pharmacology of ICI D2138, a potent orally-active non-redox inhibitor of 5-lipoxygenaseR M McMillan
ICI Pharmaceuticals, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire
Br J Pharmacol 107:1042-7. 1992..In human and dog blood, ICI D2138 did not inhibit thromboxane B2 synthesis at a concentration of 500 microM, thus the selectivity ratio (cyclo-oxygenase: 5-lipoxygenase) was ..
- Effects of the selective inhibition of platelet thromboxane synthesis on the platelet-subendothelium interactionJ P De La Cruz
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 137:1082-8. 2002..4. In conclusion, the effect of specific blockage of TxS together with blockage of membrane receptors for TxA(2) can surpass the effect of ASA in inhibiting the platelet-subendothelium interaction in flow conditions...
- Effect of COX-1/COX-2 inhibition versus selective COX-2 inhibition on coronary vasodilator responses to arachidonic acid and acetylcholineGarrett J Gross
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisc 53226 3548, USA
Pharmacology 71:135-42. 2004..to establish inhibition of COX-2 (lipopolysaccharide-stimulated prostaglandin E2 formation) and COX-1 (serum thromboxane B2) in blood taken from dogs administered 1, 3, or 10 mg/kg naproxen or 15 mg/kg SC-58236...
- Antioxidant therapy with Salvia miltiorrhiza decreases plasma endothelin-1 and thromboxane B2 after cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with congenital heart diseaseZhengyuan Xia
Department of Anesthesiology, Affiliated Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University, PR China
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:1404-10. 2003..The relationship between endothelin-1 and the endothelium-derived prostacyclin (prostaglandin I2) and thromboxane A2 postoperatively is also investigated...
- Biological assessment of aspirin efficacy on healthy individuals: heterogeneous response or aspirin failure?Rocio Gonzalez-Conejero
University of Murcia, Centro Regional de Hemodonacion, Ronda de Garay S N, 30003, Murcia, Spain
Stroke 36:276-80. 2005..The widespread use of aspirin requires clarification of the aspirin resistance phenomenon. Most studies on this field are focused on patients which may affect the action of aspirin...
- Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on cyclo-oxygenase and lipoxygenase activity in whole blood from aspirin-sensitive asthmatics vs healthy donorsP A Gray
Department of Cardiac, Vascular and Inflammation Research, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Br J Pharmacol 137:1031-8. 2002..This suggests that NO-aspirin may be better tolerated than aspirin by aspirin-sensitive asthmatics...
- Mycophenolate mofetil combined with a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor ameliorates murine lupus nephritisC Zoja
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Bergamo, Italy
Kidney Int 60:653-63. 2001..We also examined the combination of MMF with a selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor, DFU, based on previous findings of excessive renal production of COX-2-derived thromboxane A2 (TXA2) in lupus nephritis...
- Solid- and liquid-phase extraction for the gas chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric quantification of 2,3-dinor-thromboxane B2 and 2,3-dinor-6-oxo-prostaglandin F1 alpha in human urineD Tsikas
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
J Chromatogr A 885:351-9. 2000..e., 2,3-dinor-thromboxane B2 (2,3-dn-TxB2), by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) or GC-tandem MS...
- Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide potentiation and inhibition of rat neonatal microglia superoxide anion generation: correlation with prior lactic dehydrogenase, nitric oxide, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, thromboxane B2, and metalloprotease releaseA M Mayer
Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Downers Grove, Illinois 60515, USA
Shock 11:180-6. 1999..O2- generation; 3-10 ng/mL LPS caused nitric oxide, tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), thromboxane B2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 release although partially inhibiting ensuing phorbol-12 myristate 13-acetate-..
- Marine sponge Hymeniacidon sp. amphilectane metabolites potently inhibit rat brain microglia thromboxane B2 generationAlejandro M S Mayer
Department of Pharmacology, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, 555, 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 20:279-82. 2012....
- The ingestion of Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) inhibits arachidonic acid-mediated platelet aggregation and thromboxane B2 production in healthy volunteersGeorge B Kudolo
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, MSC 6246, University of Texas HSC at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Herb Pharmacother 4:13-26. 2004..0001). These results support EGb 761-mediated inhibition of platelet TXB2 synthesis in vivo...
- 11-Dehydro-thromboxane B2, a stable thromboxane metabolite, is a full agonist of chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on TH2 cells (CRTH2) in human eosinophils and basophilsEva Böhm
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Biol Chem 279:7663-70. 2004..Given its production in the allergic lung, antagonism of the 11-dehydro-TXB(2)/CRTH2axis may be of therapeutic relevance...
- Platelet response to low-dose enteric-coated aspirin in patients with stable cardiovascular diseaseAndrew O Maree
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1258-63. 2005..We investigated whether use of low-dose enteric-coated (EC) aspirin for secondary prevention of cardiovascular events has sufficient bioavailability to achieve complete platelet cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibition in all individuals...
- Changes in crevicular fluid levels of interleukin-1 beta, leukotriene B4, prostaglandin E2, thromboxane B2 and tumour necrosis factor alpha in experimental gingivitis in humansP A Heasman
Dental School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England
J Periodontal Res 28:241-7. 1993..Crevicular fluid samples were assayed in quadruplicate for prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), thromboxane B2 (TxB2), leukotriene B4, interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta) and tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) by RIAs or ..
- Residual arachidonic acid-induced platelet activation via an adenosine diphosphate-dependent but cyclooxygenase-1- and cyclooxygenase-2-independent pathway: a 700-patient study of aspirin resistanceAndrew L Frelinger
Center for Platelet Function Studies, Department of Pediatrics, UMass Memorial Medical Center, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Circulation 113:2888-96. 2006..Thrombotic events still occur in aspirin-treated patients with coronary artery disease...
- Significant effects of tipranavir on platelet aggregation and thromboxane B2 formation in vitro and in vivoJochen Graff
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:394-9. 2008..Recently, the FDA published a warning concerning intracranial haemorrhage in patients taking the HIV-1 protease inhibitor tipranavir co-administered with ritonavir...
- Platelet aggregation and vasoconstriction related to platelet cyclooxygenase and 12-lipoxygenase pathwaysTsutomu Michibayashi
Clinical Pathophysiology, Division of Human Comprehensive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 12:154-62. 2005..Thus, it may be concluded that PAF-induced platelet aggregation participates in activation of the 12-LOX pathway and is accompanied by the release of vasodepressor nerve-stimulating substances from platelets...
- Aspirin resistance: definition, mechanisms and clinical read-outsC Patrono
University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 1:1710-3. 2003
- Can platelet function tests predict the clinical efficacy of aspirin?Hannelore Haubelt
Institute of Hemostaseology and Transfusion Medicine, Academic City Hospital, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:404-10. 2005..Recent data demonstrate that none of the currently developed assays, including the PFA-100 system, are presently able to accomplish these objectives...
- Aspirin-resistant thromboxane biosynthesis and the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, or cardiovascular death in patients at high risk for cardiovascular eventsJohn W Eikelboom
Department of Medicine, University of Western Australia, Thrombosis and Haemophilia Unit, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
Circulation 105:1650-5. 2002..We studied whether aspirin resistance, defined as failure of suppression of thromboxane generation, increases the risk of cardiovascular events in a high-risk population...
- Aspirin resistanceJorge Rouvier
Circulation 106:e200-1; author reply e200-1. 2002
- Relation between atherosclerosis risk factors and aspirin resistance in a primary prevention populationNauder Faraday
Division of Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care, Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:774-9. 2006..aspirin resistance on several different platelet function assays, including the level of urinary 11-dehydro thromboxane B2 (Tx-M), platelet aggregation to arachidonic acid and adenosine diphosphate, and closure time on the platelet ..
- Seasonal variation in parameters related to coronary heart disease risk in young menV Mustad
Graduate Program in Nutrition, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Atherosclerosis 126:117-29. 1996..An understanding of these variations is important not oly for clinical evaluation and metabolic study design issues, but more importantly, to clarify their clinical significance with the seasonal incidence of CHD events...
- Platelet activation in obese women: role of inflammation and oxidant stressGiovanni Davi
Center of Excellence on Aging, G D Annunzio University Schools of Medicine and Pharmacy, Chieti, Italy
JAMA 288:2008-14. 2002..Obesity, in particular abdominal adiposity, is associated with increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality through mechanisms possibly linking the metabolic disorder to platelet and vascular abnormalities...
- Effects of low-dose aspirin on serum C-reactive protein and thromboxane B2 concentrations: a placebo-controlled study using a highly sensitive C-reactive protein assayM Feldman
Medical Service, Dallas Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Texas 75216, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:2036-41. 2001..We performed a placebo-controlled study to evaluate the effect of low-dose aspirin on serum C-reactive protein (CRP) levels...
- Variable platelet response to aspirin and clopidogrel in atherothrombotic diseaseAndrew O Maree
Division of Cardiology, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 115:2196-207. 2007
- Variations in white blood count, thromboxane B2 levels and hematocrit in chronic venous hypertensionP C Guimarães
Vascular Surgery Service, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 116:1721-6. 1998To analyze variations in leukocyte count and thromboxane B2 production in the femoral vein of patients with chronic venous hypertension (CVH).
- Measurement of urinary 11-dehydro-thromboxane B2 excretion in dogs with gastric dilatation-volvulusWendy I Baltzer
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:78-83. 2006To measure 11-dehydro-thromboxane B2 (11-dTXB2) in urine of healthy control dogs, dogs undergoing ovariohysterectomy, and dogs with gastric dilatation-volvulus (GDV) and assess the relationship between urinary 11-dTXB2 concentrations in ..
- Validation of immunoassays for the candidate renal markers C-reactive protein, immunoglobulin G, thromboxane B2 and retinol binding protein in canine urineBert E J Maddens
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 134:259-64. 2010....
- Effect of modified ultrafiltration on plasma thromboxane B2, leukotriene B4, and endothelin-1 in infants undergoing cardiopulmonary bypassJ M Pearl
Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 68:1369-75. 1999Plasma thromboxane B2 (TXB2), leukotriene B4 (LTB4), and endothelin-1 (ET-1) levels increase on cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Increased thromboxane B(2) levels are associated with lipid peroxidation and Bcl-2 expression in human lung carcinomaGeorge G Chen
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, New Territories, Shatin, Hong Kong
Cancer Lett 234:193-8. 2006..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that the production of TXB(2) is increased in lung tumor tissues and that such an increase can result in lipid peroxidation which may be met by an elevation in Bcl-2 expression...
- In vitro effects of picotamide on human platelet aggregation, the release reaction and thromboxane B2 productionM Cattaneo
A Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, I R C C S Maggiore Hospital, Italy
Thromb Res 62:717-24. 1991..3 picolyl-4-methoxy-isophthalamide) on human platelet aggregation, the release reaction and the production of thromboxane B2 (TxB2) induced by several platelet agonists...
- Urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 and 11-dehydro-thromboxane B2 in response to bronchial provocations with allergen, aspirin, leukotriene D4, and histamine in asthmaticsM Kumlin
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:96-103. 1992..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Inhibition of platelet aggregation and expression of alpha granule membrane protein 140 and thromboxane B2 with pravastatin therapy for hypercholesterolemiaLi Ping Ma
Department of Internal Medicine, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Assoc Acad Minor Phys 13:23-6. 2002..01), (2) ADP-induced maximum platelet aggregation (P < 0.01), (3) TXB2 or thromboxane B2 in platelets (P < 0.01), and (4) expression of GMP-140 or granule membrane protein-140 (P < 0.01)...
- Platelet activating factor and thromboxane B2 production after cardiopulmonary bypassD M Ansley
Department of Anesthesia and Surgery, Vancouver Hospital, British Columbia, Canada
J Invest Surg 10:87-95. 1997..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationships among production of PAF, thromboxane B2 (T alpha B2), and cardiopulmonary sequelae in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABGS)...
- Propofol has both enhancing and suppressing effects on human platelet aggregation in vitroH Hirakata
Department of Anesthesia, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan
Anesthesiology 91:1361-9. 1999..In contrast, there is conflicting information regarding the effect of propofol on platelet function. The present study was designed to clarify the effects of propofol on platelet function and the mechanisms underlying these effects...
- Ibuprofen therapy in experimental porcine gram-negative septic shockM P Griffin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
Resuscitation 22:75-83. 1991..4 h in the benzyl alcohol group and 15.7 +/- 2.7 h in the animals receiving lactated Ringer's solution. Thromboxane B2 levels were not significantly different in the treatment vs...
- Enhanced platelet sensitivity to prostacyclin in patients in an active stage of Takayasu arteritisT Watanabe
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1-5-45 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8519, Japan
Thromb Res 104:77-83. 2001..The increase in sensitivity of the platelets to prostacyclin could be a compensatory mechanism against a decrease in the prostanoid production, presumably associated with endothelial dysfunction...
- 2-(2-Br-phenyl)-8-methoxy-benzoxazinone (HPW-RX2), a direct thrombin inhibitor with a suppressive effect on thromboxane formation in plateletsChin Chung Wu
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 527:37-43. 2005..In a parallel manner, both arachidonic acid-induced thromboxane B2 and prostaglandin D2 formations were decreased in platelets treated with HPW-RX2...
- [Effect of phenolic alkaloids of Menispermum dauricum on thrombosis and platelet aggregation]Xiang Ying Kong
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:916-9. 2005..To observe the effect of phenolic alkaloids of Menispermum dauricum (PAMD) on thrombosis and platelet aggregation, and to explore its mechanism of action...
- Aspirin resistance in coronary artery disease is correlated to elevated markers for oxidative stress but not to the expression of cyclooxygenase (COX) 1/2, a novel COX-1 polymorphism or the PlA(1/2) polymorphismRoger Kranzhofer
Division of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Platelets 17:163-9. 2006..However, a correlation exists to elevated eicosanoids generated by oxidative stress indicating COX-1-independent pathways for the generation of platelet activating molecules represent a potential cause for AR...
- Dose- and time-dependent antiplatelet effects of aspirinChristina Perneby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:652-8. 2006..5 mg aspirin daily, as evidenced by >98% suppression of serum thromboxane B2 and almost abolished arachidonic acid (AA) induced aggregation in PRP 2-6 h after dosing...
- Gallic acid, a dietary polyphenolic component, blunts the inhibition of platelet COX-1 by aspirin: preliminary in-vitro findingsMarilena Crescente
Thromb Haemost 97:1054-6. 2007
- Influence on platelet aggregation of i.v. parecoxib and acetaminophen in healthy volunteersE Munsterhjelm
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Anaesth 97:226-31. 2006..The authors studied the effect of a combination of i.v. parecoxib and acetaminophen on platelet function in healthy volunteers...
- Reduced blood platelet sensitivity to aspirin in coronary artery disease: are dyslipidaemia and inflammatory states possible factors predisposing to sub-optimal platelet response to aspirin?Leszek Markuszewski
Department of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiodiabetology and Cardiac Rehabilitation, Medical University of Lodz, University Hospital No 2, Lodz, Poland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:503-9. 2006..Dyslipidaemia and chronic inflammatory states may promote suboptimal acetylsalicylic acid response in coronary artery disease patients...
- Endogenous biosynthesis of thromboxane and prostacyclin in 2 distinct murine models of atherosclerosisD Pratico
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 96:3823-6. 2000..Assessment of their generation in these models may afford the basis for future studies on the functional role of these eicosanoids in the evolution and progression of atherosclerosis. (Blood. 2000;96:3823-3826)..
- Amyloid precursor protein and amyloid beta peptide in human platelets. Role of cyclooxygenase and protein kinase CD M Skovronsky
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and The Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17036-43. 2001..By contrast, Abeta release may represent secretion of preformed peptide and is totally independent of both COX and PKC activity...
- Anti-platelet and anti-thrombotic effects of triacetylshikimic acid in ratsFengyang Huang
Pharmacobiology Department, Cinvestav I P N, Mexico City, Mexico
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 39:262-70. 2002..Also, no significant changes in ADP-induced thromboxane B2 formation in rat platelets or 6-keto-prostaglandin F 1alpha production from the abdominal aorta were observed ..
- 1A-779 attenuates angiotensin-(1-7) depressor response in salt-induced hypertensive ratsMohamed A Bayorh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive, S W, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495, USA
Peptides 23:57-64. 2002....
- The COX-2 selective inhibitor, valdecoxib, does not impair platelet function in the elderly: results of a randomized controlled trialPhilip T Leese
Quintiles Phase I Services, Lenexa, Kansas, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 43:504-13. 2003..Platelet aggregation (to sodium arachidonate, collagen, and adenosine diphosphate), bleeding time, and serum thromboxane B2 (TxB2) concentrations were measured up to 8 hours postdose on Days 1 and 8...
- Influence of vitamin E on the antiplatelet effect of acetylsalicylic acid in human bloodJ A Gonzalez-Correa
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medecine, University of Malaga, Campus de Teatinos s n, Malaga, Spain
Platelets 16:171-9. 2005..plasma (PRP) with ADP, collagen or arachidonic acid as platelet inducers, and we measured the production of thromboxane B2, prostacyclin and nitric oxide...
- In vitro effects of clopidogrel on the platelet-subendothelium interaction, platelet thromboxane and endothelial prostacyclin production, and nitric oxide synthesisMaría Monsalud Arrebola
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:74-82. 2004..All three drugs impaired the platelet-subendothelium interaction under flow conditions. With thienopyridines, the presence of endothelium did not modify the percentage of the surface coated by platelets...
- Characterization of inhibition of platelet function by paracetamol and its interaction with diclofenac in vitroE Munsterhjelm
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:840-6. 2005..Clinically paracetamol is often used together with traditional NSAIDs, which are strong inhibitors of COX. We studied binding of paracetamol to COX and its action on platelet function together with diclofenac...
- Prostacyclin, thromboxane A and the effect of low-dose ASA in pregnancies at high risk for hypertensive disordersMerja Vainio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hyvinkaa Hospital, Hyvinkaa, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:1119-23. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the prostanoid production in pregnancies at high risk for hypertensive disorders, and the effect of low-dose acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) on prostanoids...
- Clinical pharmacology of platelet, monocyte, and vascular cyclooxygenase inhibition by naproxen and low-dose aspirin in healthy subjectsMarta L Capone
Department of Medicine and Center of Excellence on Aging, G D Annunzio University, School of Medicine, and G d Annunzio University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
Circulation 109:1468-71. 2004..The current controversy on the potential cardioprotective effect of naproxen prompted us to evaluate the extent and duration of platelet, monocyte, and vascular cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibition by naproxen compared with low-dose aspirin...
- Licofelone, an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase, specifically inhibits cyclooxygenase-1-dependent platelet activationSerenella Rotondo
Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Pharmacology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Via Nazionale, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 488:79-83. 2004..These results indicate that, at clinically relevant concentrations, licofelone exerts a potent antiplatelet effect mediated by the inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 activity...
- Inhibition of platelet aggregation by polyaspartoyl L-arginine and its mechanismYin ye Wang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:469-73. 2004..To observe the oral anti-platelet efficacy and the potential action mechanism of polyaspartoyl L-arginine (PDR), a new L-arginine rich compound...
- Effect of BM-573 [N-terbutyl-N'-[2-(4'-methylphenylamino)-5-nitro-benzenesulfonyl]urea], a dual thromboxane synthase inhibitor and thromboxane receptor antagonist, in a porcine model of acute pulmonary embolismAlexandre Ghuysen
Hemodynamics Research Laboratory, University of Liege, Belgium
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:964-72. 2004..We conclude that in this animal model of acute pulmonary embolism, infusion of BM-573 reduced pulmonary vasoconstriction. As a result, right ventricular-vascular coupling values were maintained at a maximal efficiency level...
- Meloxicam does not affect the antiplatelet effect of aspirin in healthy male and female volunteersJoanne van Ryn
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Str 65, 88397 Biberach, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 44:777-84. 2004....
- Effects of cyclooxygenases inhibitors on vasoactive prostanoids and thrombin generation at the site of microvascular injury in healthy menEwa Tuleja
Department of Medicine, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1111-5. 2003..We tested the hypothesis that naproxen, contrary to rofecoxib, exerts antithrombotic effects...
- Synergistic effect of D-003 and aspirin on experimental thrombosis modelsV Molina
Center of Natural Products, National Center for Scientific Research, Ave 25 and 158, Cubanacan, Havana 6880, Cuba
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 68:305-10. 2003..D-003 and ASA monotherapies reduced serum TxB(2) levels, whereas D-003, but not ASA, significantly increased 6 keto PgF1alpha levels...
- Direct and irreversible inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 by nitroaspirin (NCX 4016)Teresa Corazzi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Internal and Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Perugia, Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06126, Perugia, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:1331-7. 2005....
- Cyclooxygenase inhibition with acetylsalicylic acid unmasks a role for prostacyclin in erythropoietin-induced hypertension in uremic ratsMarie Eve Rodrigue
Research Centre and Division of Nephrology, CHUQ, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec Hospital and Department of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 83:467-75. 2005..These results stress the importance of preserving PGI2 production when treating rhEPO-induced hypertension under uremic conditions...
- Modulation of platelet aggregation by areca nut and betel leaf ingredients: roles of reactive oxygen species and cyclooxygenaseJiiang Huei Jeng
Laboratory of Dental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Graduate Institute of Clinical Dental Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 32:860-71. 2002..AN extract (1 and 2 mg/ml) stimulated rabbit platelet aggregation, with induction of thromboxane B2 (TXB2) production...
- Effects of enteric-coated, low-dose aspirin on parameters of platelet functionA Van Hecken
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:1683-8. 2002..Aspirin is widely used as an anti-thrombotic drug; however, it has been suggested that enteric-coated formulations of aspirin may be less bioavailable and less effective as anti-thrombotic agents...
- Celecoxib does not affect the antiplatelet activity of aspirin in healthy volunteersKeith D Wilner
Pfizer Global Research and Development, San Diego, California 92122, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 42:1027-30. 2002..Therefore, these data indicate that celecoxib does not alter the effects of aspirin on platelet function...
- D-003, a potential antithrombotic compound isolated from sugar cane wax with effects on arachidonic acid metabolitesV Molina
Center of Natural Products, National Center for Scientific Research, Cubanacan, Havana, Cuba
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 67:19-24. 2002..The present results support that these effects of D-003 on AA metabolites could explain, at least partially, its antiplatelet and antithrombotic effects...
- Lumiracoxib does not affect the ex vivo antiplatelet aggregation activity of low-dose aspirin in healthy subjectsJ Jermany
Exploratory Clinical Development, Novartis Pharma AG, WSJ 103 4 D, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 45:1172-8. 2005..Urinary thromboxane and prostacyclin were unaffected by lumiracoxib. In conclusion, concomitant lumiracoxib did not interfere with the cyclooxygenase-1-mediated antiplatelet effects of low-dose aspirin...
- Effects of DK-002, a synthesized (6aS,cis)-9,10-Dimethoxy-7,11b-dihydro-indeno[2,1-c]chromene-3,6a-diol, on platelet activityKi Seon Lee
Department of Preventive Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Life Sci 78:1091-7. 2006....
- Genetic variation in cyclooxygenase 1: effects on response to aspirinMarc K Halushka
Department of Genetics and Center for Human Genetics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:122-30. 2003..Cyclooxygenase 1 (prostaglandin endoperoxide G/H synthase [PTGS1]) catalyzes the metabolism of arachidonic acid to prostaglandin H(2), which is subsequently metabolized to thromboxane A(2)...
- Terms and conditions: semantic complexity and aspirin resistanceCharles H Hennekens
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, USA
Circulation 110:1706-8. 2004
- Aspirin resistance detected with aggregometry cannot be explained by cyclooxygenase activity: involvement of other signaling pathway(s) in cardiovascular events of aspirin-treated patientsT Ohmori
Research Division of Cell and Molecular Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 4:1271-8. 2006..In this study, we examined individual thromboxane biosynthesis and platelet aggregation in aspirin-treated patients, and whether the results of a platelet aggregation test influenced clinical outcomes...
- Effects of isradipine on platelet function in hypertension at rest and during exerciseP Fitscha
Department of Internal Medicine II, Policlinic, Vienna, Austria
Am J Hypertens 4:178S-180S. 1991..Systolic and diastolic blood pressures, platelet aggregation in response to adenosine diphosphate (ADP), serum thromboxane B2, and beta-thromboglobulin levels were significantly decreased (P less than ...
- Moderation of the platelet releasate response by aspirinJudith A Coppinger
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Blood 109:4786-92. 2007..These observations were confirmed for several cytokines using an antibody array approach...
- p-Coumaric acid, a common dietary phenol, inhibits platelet activity in vitro and in vivoCristina Luceri
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Br J Nutr 97:458-63. 2007..in plasma antioxidant activity, measured as ferric reducing ability of plasma, and with the reduction of thromboxane B2 production...
- Reticulated platelets and uninhibited COX-1 and COX-2 decrease the antiplatelet effects of aspirinS Guthikonda
Department of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 77030, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:490-6. 2007..The mechanisms for the variability in antiplatelet effects of aspirin are unclear. Immature (reticulated) platelets may modulate the antiplatelet effects of aspirin through uninhibited cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and COX-2...
- Drug insight: aspirin resistance-fact or fashion?Andrew O Maree
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 4:E1; author reply E2. 2007
- Human pharmacology of naproxen sodiumMarta L Capone
Department of Medicine and Center of Excellence on Aging, School of Medicine, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:453-60. 2007..In conclusion, neither of the two naproxen doses mimed the persistent and complete inhibition of platelet COX-1 activity obtained by aspirin, but marked heterogeneity was mitigated by the higher dose of the drug...
- Heritability of platelet responsiveness to aspirin in activation pathways directly and indirectly related to cyclooxygenase-1Nauder Faraday
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Division of Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 115:2490-6. 2007..Genetic variation is a proposed but unproved mechanism for insufficient ASA responsiveness...
- Platelet aggregometry and receptor binding to predict the magnitude of antithrombotic and bleeding time effects of clopidogrel in rabbitsPancras C Wong
Discovery Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Pennington, New Jersey 08534, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 49:316-24. 2007..Moreover, modified IPA and P2Y12 receptor occupancy appear to better predict the magnitude of clopidogrel's efficacy compared with standard IPA, which may be a better predictor of BT...
- Variable platelet response to aspirin in patients with ischemic strokeThomas Hohlfeld
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Klinische Pharmakologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:43-50. 2007..It is not clear whether all of these patients with ischemic stroke respond normally to ASA or are hyporesponsive as assessed by inhibition of aggregation and thromboxane (TX) synthesis...
- Lack of aspirin-induced decrease in thrombin formation in subjects resistant to aspirinAnetta Undas
Thromb Haemost 97:1056-8. 2007
- Evaluation of dose-related effects of aspirin on platelet function: results from the Aspirin-Induced Platelet Effect (ASPECT) studyPaul A Gurbel
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Hoffberger Bldg, Suite 56, 2401 W Belvedere Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Circulation 115:3156-64. 2007..Our primary aim was to determine the degree of platelet aspirin responsiveness in patients, as measured by commonly used methods, and to study the relation of aspirin dose to platelet inhibition...
- Hydroxychavicol, a novel betel leaf component, inhibits platelet aggregation by suppression of cyclooxygenase, thromboxane production and calcium mobilizationM C Chang
Biomedical Science Team, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 152:73-82. 2007..Betel leaf (PBL) is consumed by 200-600 million betel quid chewers in the world. Hydroxychavicol (HC), a betel leaf component, was tested for its antiplatelet effect...
- The effect of aspirin dosing on platelet function in diabetic and nondiabetic patients: an analysis from the aspirin-induced platelet effect (ASPECT) studyJoseph DiChiara
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Hoffberger Building, Suite 56, 2401 W Belvedere Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Diabetes 56:3014-9. 2007..Diabetic patients may have a higher prevalence of platelet aspirin resistance than nondiabetic patients. Our goal was to analyze platelet aspirin responsiveness to various aspirin doses in diabetic and nondiabetic patients...
- Increased platelet sensitivity among individuals with aspirin resistance - platelet aggregation to submaximal concentration of arachidonic acid predicts response to antiplatelet therapySasidhar Guthikonda
Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, 6565 Fannin, F1090, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Thromb Haemost 100:83-9. 2008..04). In conclusion, platelets in AR subjects demonstrate increased basal sensitivity to submaximal stimulation, which could predict responses to antiplatelet therapy...
- Dual inhibition of cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase by human haptoglobin: its polymorphism and relation to hemoglobin bindingSheikh Arshad Saeed
Dr Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:915-20. 2007..This indicates that mammals have dual defense system, i.e., a specific immune system and non-specific Hp defense system...
- Differences in the influence of the interaction between acetylsalicylic acid and salicylic acid on platelet function in whole blood and isolated platelets: influence of neutrophilsJ A Gonzalez-Correa
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, Campus de Teatinos s n, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Pharmacol Res 56:168-74. 2007..The variables recorded were maximum platelet aggregation intensity, thromboxane B2 (TxB2) production, and nitric oxide (NO) production (N=10 different samples in each type of experiment)...
- Antiplatelet effect of sanguinarine is correlated to calcium mobilization, thromboxane and cAMP productionJiiang Huei Jeng
Laboratory of Dental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Dentistry, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 191:250-8. 2007..Sanguinarine may have therapeutic potential for treatment of cardiovascular diseases related to platelet aggregation...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 aggravates doxorubicin-mediated cardiac injury in vivoN P Dowd
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Clin Invest 108:585-90. 2001..In contrast, administration of a COX-1 inhibitor SC560 at a dose that reduced serum thromboxane B2 by more than 80% did not prevent the doxorubicin-induced increase in prostacyclin generation...
- Heterogeneity in the suppression of platelet cyclooxygenase-1 activity by aspirin in coronary heart diseaseMaria G Sciulli
Department of Medicine and Center of Excellence on Aging, G D Annunzio University, School of Medicine Gabriele d Annunzio University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:115-25. 2006....
- Induction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 by cytokines in human pulmonary epithelial cells: regulation by dexamethasoneJ A Mitchell
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:1008-14. 1994..by the conversion of either endogenous or exogenous arachidonic acid to four metabolites, PGE2, PGF2 alpha, thromboxane B2 or 6-oxo PGF1 alpha measured by radioimmunoassay...
- Ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate on experimental colitis and their mechanisms in ratsWei Guo Dong
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 238 Jiefang Road, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2533-8. 2003..To investigate the ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate (SF) on acetic acid-induced colitis and their mechanisms in rats...
- Characterization of the induction of nitric oxide synthase and cyclo-oxygenase in rat aorta in organ cultureD Bishop Bailey
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London
Br J Pharmacol 121:125-33. 1997..system, we have determined the profile of COX (6-keto prostaglandin F1 alpha (6-keto PGF1 alpha), PGE2, thromboxane B2 (TXB2) and NOS (nitrite and nitrate) metabolites released over a period of 10 days from segments of rat aorta...
- Biochemical and pharmacological profile of a tetrasubstituted furanone as a highly selective COX-2 inhibitorD Riendeau
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 121:105-17. 1997..The large increase in selectivity of DFU over indomethacin was also observed in COX-1 mediated production of thromboxane B2 (TXB2) by Ca2+ ionophore-challenged human platelets (IC50 > 50 microM and 4.1 +/- 1.7 nM, respectively). 3...
- Clinical and laboratory features, pathobiology of platelet-mediated thrombosis and bleeding complications, and the molecular etiology of essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera: therapeutic implicationsJan J Michiels
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:174-207. 2006..beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG), platelet factor 4 (PF4), and thrombomodulin (TM) levels, and increased urinary thromboxane B2 (TXB2) excretion, indicating platelet-mediated thrombotic processes...
- Prostaglandin H2 as an endothelium-derived contracting factor modulates endothelin-1-induced contractionH Asano
Department of Internal Medicine II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
J Hypertens 12:383-90. 1994..To investigate the possible involvement of prostaglandin H2, an endothelium-derived contracting factor in the rat aorta, in the development of the contraction induced by endothelin-1...
- Leukotriene D4 receptors are not negatively coupled to adenylyl cyclase in guinea-pig lung parenchymaM A Giembycz
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Royal Brompton National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:824-32. 1993..with LTD4 (200 nM; EC100 for tension generation) stimulated a 150 and 70 fold increase in the elaboration of thromboxane B2 (TXB2) and 6-keto-prostaglandin F1 alpha (6-keto-PGF1 alpha) respectively, relative to that generated ..
- Studies of thromboxane B2, platelet factor 4, and fibrinopeptide A in bleeding-time blood of patients deficient in von Willebrand factor, platelet glycoproteins Ib and IIb-IIIa, and storage granulesH J Weiss
Department of Medicine Division of Hematology Oncology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10019
Blood 82:481-90. 1993The blood volumes and concentrations of thromboxane B2 (TxB2), platelet factor 4 (PF4), and fibrinopeptide A (FPA) were measured every 30 seconds in bleeding-time blood in normal subjects and in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic ..
- Augmented contraction of the human isolated coronary artery by sumatriptan: a possible role for endogenous thromboxaneA Maassen VanDenBrink
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 119:855-62. 1996..endothelin-1, but significantly reduced TxA2 production in coronary artery segments as judged by a decrease in thromboxane B2 (TxB2) from 4.77 +/- 0.98 to 1.38 +/- 0.36 ng g-1 2 h-1. 5...
- A Clinical Trial of Aspirin and Simvastatin in Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionSteven Kawut; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that aspirin will decrease soluble P-selectin, serum thromboxane B2, and /Mhromboglobulin in patients with PAH compared to placebo over six months...
- Role of Thromboxane in the Exercise Pressor Reflex in Peripheral Artery DiseaseANNA KATHERINE LEAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..collateral blood flow and microcirculation expression of vasodilators and by decreasing urinary excretion of thromboxane B2, the stable metabolite of thromboxane A2...
- IN VIVO INVESTIGATIONS USING MICRODIALYSIS SAMPLINGCraig E Lunte; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, the COX products prostaglandin E2 and thromboxane B2 and the LOX products the hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acids, 5-HETE and 15-HETE, and leukotriene B4 will be ..
- ER beta selective agonist coronary protection-menopauseR Hermsmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, C-Reactive Protein (CRP) in serum and thromboxane B2 in urine will be used as adverse indicators...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF CYCLOSPORINE NEPHROTOXICITYRichard Wait; Fiscal Year: 1991..sodium and potassium excretion, excretion rates of n-acetyl-B-glucosaminidase, PGE2, 6-ketoPGF2alpha, thromboxane B2 and plasma renin...
- STATISTICAL GENETICS OF PDGF RELATED PHENOTYPESMICHAEL MAHANEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..These traits, including platelet number and volume, serum platelet activating factor (PAF), plasma thromboxane B2, serum insulin- like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and total and high density lipoprotein cholesterol, will be ..
- REGULATION OF POLYMORPHONUCLEAR LEUKOCYTE FUNCTIONPeter Reed; Fiscal Year: 1980..In pursuit of this goal we will: quantitate production of primary prostaglandins, thromboxane B2 and their metabolites and hydroxylated fatty acids; measure cyanide-resistant oxygen utilization, O2, and H2O2 ..
- EFFECTS OF PROSTAGLANDINS ON MYOMETRIAL METABOLISMCLARISSA BEATTY; Fiscal Year: 1980..e., PGE2, PGD2, PGF2 alpha, PGI2, and thromboxane B2. Levels of enzyme activity will be measured in samples of taenia coli to determine if the changes seen during ..
- SYSTEMIC EFFECTS OF PERIODONTITISJames Beck; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sanguis. Gingival crevicular fluid will be collected for the quantitation of Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) thromboxane B2 (TxB2), Interleukin-1B (IL-1B) and tumors necrosis factor a (TNFa)...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION STUDY OF A PROSTAGLANDIN TRANSPORTERBRENDA CHAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..PGT", a PG transporter expressed strongly in the renal papilla, transports PGE2, PGF2alpha, and thromboxane B2, and appears to mediate PG metabolic clearance...
- INFLAMMATION: CORRELATES AND PROGNOSIS IN FRAMINGHAMEmelia Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2003..monocyte chemotactic protein-1, tumor necrosis factor-alpha) and oxidative stress markers (8-epi-PGF 2alpha, thromboxane B2). The specific aims of this proposal are to: 1...
- Strategies for Efficient Routes to Bioactive SubstancesSteven Burke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Didemniserinolipid B, containing the 6,8-dioxabicyclo[3.2.1]octane skeleton common in bioactive agents; . Thromboxane B2-(TXBz)...
- MECHANISMS IN THE REGULATION OF UTERINE BLOOD FLOWRobert Resnik; Fiscal Year: 1980..In addition, we will measure the uterine production rates of thromboxane B2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha in response to estrogen stimulation with and without PGI2 synthetase inhibition...
- HYPERGENJohn Eckfeldt; Fiscal Year: 1999..anticipated 1,000 "special" tests include: U kallikrein, U 6-OH-cortisol, U aldosterone, U prostaglandin E2, U thromboxane B2, U catecholamines, P renin activity, P angiotensinogen, P endothelin, and P atrial natriuretic peptide...
- Domoic Acid and Neonatal Microglia ActivationAlejandro Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2004..activated microglia cells and their mediators play in DOM-induced excitotoxic neuronal injury and thus contribute to potential novel approaches for the therapy of the neuropathology associated with Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning in humans ..
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract & The Insulin Resistance SyndromeGeorge Kudolo; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study should also provide valuable information for designing new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of diseases in the insulin resistance syndrome. ..
- Treatment of Hyperglycemia Ischemic Stroke(THIS)TrialAskiel Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additional measurements will include vital signs, serum electrolytes, hemoglobin A-1C, and a global test for multiple clinical outcomes at 3 months. ..
- Mechanism of Renal Prostaglandin TransportVictor L Schuster; Fiscal Year: 2010..As such, the work offers the potential to open up new approaches to the management of pain, fever, inflammation, hypertension, and a variety of other medical conditions. ..
- Niacin, n-3 fatty acids and insulin resistanceWilliam Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..This should lead to more effective therapy for the dyslipidemia of insulin resistance and ultimately to reduced risk for CHD in this burgeoning patient population. ..
- Cell Signaling in the KidneyVICTOR SCHUSTER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- 8th World Congress for MicrocirculationJULIAN LOMBARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of ANG II in Maintaining Vascular Relaxation in Dahl S RatsJulian H Lombard; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- STRUCTURE & FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP: PROSTANOID RECEPTORSKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Determine the solution conformation of segments comprising the intracellular domains. ..
- Postmenopause CHD risk: Platelet genes & hormone therapyPaul Bray; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prostaglandin I synthase, Thromboxane A synthase & Prostaglandin E synthaseKe He Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Functional measure of 3rd trimester FASD: neonatal sheepTIMOTHY CUDD; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PLATELET P1A2--STUDIES ON A PRO THROMBOTIC POLYMORPHISMPaul Bray; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will enhance our understanding of the role of integrin biology (especially in platelets), and help to achieve our long-term goal of implementing a more rational anti-thrombotic therapy. ..
- THROMBOXANE A2 RECEPTORS IN HEALTH AND DISEASEPerry Halushka; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Rhesus-Human Adrenal Comparisons During AgingCharles Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- EICOSANOIDS AND PULMONARY VASCULAR TONESANDRA PFISTER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CYTOCHROME P450 EICOSANOIDS AND PULMONARY HEMODYNAMICSAlan Stephenson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Poly (ADP-Ribose) synthetase in expression of endotheliaBasilia Zingarelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC BASIS OF PLATELET HYPERFUNCTIONPaul Bray; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies would greatly enhance our understanding of genetic effects on platelet physiology, and provide a rationale for tailoring anti-thrombotic therapy according to a patient's thrombotic risk phenotype. ..
- Role of nitric oxide and eicosanoids in lupus nepthritisJames Oates; Fiscal Year: 2005..In either event, future studies would address the use of selective COX-2 or TXA2 synthase inhibitors/receptor blockers, antioxidants, and/or PGI2/PGE2 agonists in conduction with iNOS inhibitors as therapies for LN. ..
- Urine protein markers of disease in lupus nephritisJames Oates; Fiscal Year: 2005..Due to the power of proteomic and ANN techniques, novel mediators of disease activity and damage should be identified and thus contribute to the development of more targeted therapies for LN. ..
- Interaction of age and gender on NO bioavailabilityJennifer Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will then determine the affects of age and gender on antioxidant systems and the sources of oxidative stress in the mesenteric vasculature. ..
- Novel epoxide hydrolase inhibitor for stroke preventionJOHN IMIG; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the Phase II work, Arete Therapeutics will use the collected information to progress toward clinical trials in the area of stroke and possible new therapeutic avenues. ..
- Aerosolized PGE1 in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionBEENA SOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, a proposal for using aerosolized PGE1 in neonatal PPHN as a multicenter study will be submitted to the NICHD Neonatal Network. ..