Genomes and Genes
Summary: The principal cyclooxygenase metabolite of arachidonic acid. It is released upon activation of mast cells and is also synthesized by alveolar macrophages. Among its many biological actions, the most important are its bronchoconstrictor, platelet-activating-factor-inhibitory, and cytotoxic effects.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Langerhans cells release prostaglandin D2 in response to nicotinic acidDominique Maciejewski-Lenoir
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:2637-46. 2006..These results suggest that nicotinic acid mediates its flushing side effect by interacting with GPR109A on skin Langerhans cells, resulting in release of PGD(2)...
- Prostaglandins as modulators of immunitySarah G Harris
Dept of Microbiology and the James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Trends Immunol 23:144-50. 2002..Understanding the diverse activities of these prostaglandins is crucial for the development of new therapies aimed at immune modulation...
- 15-Deoxy-Δ¹²,¹⁴-prostaglandin J₂, an electrophilic lipid mediator of anti-inflammatory and pro-resolving signalingYoung Joon Surh
WCU Department of Molecular Medicine and Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 82:1335-51. 2011..In this context, 15d-PGJ2 and its synthetic derivatives have therapeutic potential for the treatment of inflammatory disorders...
- Prostaglandin D2 selectively induces chemotaxis in T helper type 2 cells, eosinophils, and basophils via seven-transmembrane receptor CRTH2H Hirai
R and D Center, BML, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Exp Med 193:255-61. 2001..In addition, CRTH2, but not DP, mediates PGD2-dependent cell migration of blood eosinophils and basophils. Thus, PGD2 is likely involved in multiple aspects of allergic inflammation through its dual receptor systems, DP and CRTH2...
- The cyclopentenone 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J(2) delays lipopolysaccharide-induced preterm delivery and reduces mortality in the newborn mouseGrisha Pirianov
Imperial College Parturition Research Group, Department of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Endocrinology 150:699-706. 2009....
- Biosynthesis of 15-deoxy-delta12,14-PGJ2 and the ligation of PPARgammaL Chastine Bell-Parikh
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 153 Johnson Pavilion, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Clin Invest 112:945-55. 2003..15d-PGJ2 is not the endogenous mediator of PPARgamma-dependent adipocyte activation and is unaltered in clinical settings in which PPARgamma activation has been implicated...
- 15-Deoxy-delta 12, 14-prostaglandin J2 is a ligand for the adipocyte determination factor PPAR gammaB M Forman
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cell 83:803-12. 1995..These findings suggest a pivotal role for PPAR gamma and its endogenous ligand in adipocyte development and glucose homeostasis and as a target for intervention in metabolic disorders...
- Mast cell maturation is driven via a group III phospholipase A2-prostaglandin D2-DP1 receptor paracrine axisYoshitaka Taketomi
Lipid Metabolism Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Immunol 14:554-63. 2013..Thus, we describe a lipid-driven PLA2G3-L-PGDS-DP1 loop that drives mast cell maturation...
- IFN-γ and TNF-α potentiate prostaglandin D2-induced human eosinophil chemotaxis through up-regulation of CRTH2 surface receptorA E el-Shazly
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, GIGA Research, Liege University Hospitals Centre Hospitalier Universaitaire, Liege, Belgium
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1864-70. 2011b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) receptor CRTH2, is a pro-inflammatory molecule involved in eosinophil recruitment to the allergic airway...
- 15d-prostaglandin J2 protects brain from ischemia-reperfusion injuryTeng Nan Lin
Neuroscience Division, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:481-7. 2006..The aim of this study is to assess the effect of 15d-PGJ2 on neuroprotection...
- Anti-inflammatory cyclopentenone prostaglandins are direct inhibitors of IkappaB kinaseA Rossi
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Italian National Council of Research, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Nature 403:103-8. 2000..As IKKbeta is responsible for the activation of NF-kappaB by pro-inflammatory stimuli, our findings explain how cyclopentenone prostaglandins function and can be used to improve the utility of COX2 inhibitors...
- T-cell trafficking in asthma: lipid mediators grease the wayAndrew D Luster
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Building 149 8301, 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 4:711-24. 2004....
- Prostaglandin D2 is a potent chemoattractant for human eosinophils that acts via a novel DP receptorG Monneret
Meakins-Christie Laboratories, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 98:1942-8. 2001b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is released following exposure of asthmatics to allergen and acts via the adenylyl cyclase-coupled receptor for PGD2 (DP receptor)...
- Pronounced adipogenesis and increased insulin sensitivity caused by overproduction of prostaglandin D2 in vivoYasushi Fujitani
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Japan
FEBS J 277:1410-9. 2010..The present study provides the first evidence that PGD(2) participates in the differentiation of adipocytes and in insulin sensitivity in vivo, and the H-PGDS TG mice could constitute a novel model mouse for diabetes studies...
- Hematopoietic prostaglandin D2 synthase controls the onset and resolution of acute inflammation through PGD2 and 15-deoxyDelta12 14 PGJ2Ravindra Rajakariar
Department of Experimental Medicine, Nephrology, and Critical Care, William Harvey Research Institute, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20979-84. 2007..Here, we provide definitive proof that 15d-PGJ(2) is synthesized during mammalian inflammatory responses, and we highlight DP1 receptor activation as a potential antiinflammatory strategy...
- The prostanoid 15-deoxy-Δ12,14-prostaglandin-j2 reduces lung inflammation and protects mice against lethal influenza infectionAlexandre Cloutier
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary Division, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Université de Sherbrooke and Centre de recherche Clinique Étienne Le Bel, Quebec, Canada
J Infect Dis 205:621-30. 2012..Therefore, dampening the excessive inflammatory response induced after infection might reduce influenza morbidity and mortality...
- 15-deoxy-Δ12,14 -prostaglandin J2 reduces recruitment of bone marrow-derived monocyte/macrophages in chronic liver injury in miceZhen Han
Department of Cell Biology, Municipal Laboratory for Liver Protection and Regulation of Regeneration, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Hepatology 56:350-60. 2012..Accordingly, hepatic inflammation and fibrosis were strikingly ameliorated after 15d-PGJ(2) administration...
- Characterization of C-terminal tail determinants involved in CRTH2 receptor trafficking: identification of a recycling motifSébastien J Roy
Service de Rhumatologie, Departement de Medecine, Centre de Recherche Clinique Etienne Lebel, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 630:10-8. 2010..Our study identified specific amino acids in the CRTH2 receptor C-tail implicated in the agonist-induced internalization and the recycling of the receptor...
- Interaction between prostaglandin D and chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells mediates cytokine production by Th2 lymphocytes in response to activated mast cellsL Xue
Oxagen Ltd, Abingdon, Oxon, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 156:126-33. 2009....
- Rosiglitazone and 15-deoxy-Delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 cause potent neuroprotection after experimental stroke through noncompletely overlapping mechanismsMarta P Pereira
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid UCM, Madrid, Spain
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:218-29. 2006..All these results suggest both PPARgamma-dependent and independent pathways, and might be useful to design both therapeutic strategies and prognostic markers for stroke...
- Requirement of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandins for human prostate cancer cell invasionKasem Nithipatikom
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:593-601. 2002..Further, PGD2 may represent a weak inhibitor and counteracts the effect of PGE2 in the cell invasion...
- Role of cyclopentenone prostaglandins in rat carrageenin pleurisyA Ianaro
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Via Domenico Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 508:61-6. 2001....
- Atomic structure of mutant PPARgamma LBD complexed with 15d-PGJ2: novel modulation mechanism of PPARgamma/RXRalpha function by covalently bound ligandsTsuyoshi Waku
The Takara Bio Endowed Division, Department of Biomolecular Recognition, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Open Laboratories of Advanced Bioscience and Biotechnology, 6 2 3, Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:320-4. 2009....
- Human vascular smooth muscle cells but not endothelial cells express prostaglandin E synthaseM Soler
Laboratory of Inflammation Mediators, Institute of Research of Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Circ Res 87:504-7. 2000..Whereas SMC stimulation led to an increase in the synthesis of PGE(2) and PGI(2) but not of untransformed PGH(2), stimulation of endothelial cells resulted in an enhanced release of the vasoconstricting prostanoid PGH(2)...
- Molecular recognition of 15-deoxy-delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J2 by nuclear factor-kappa B and other cellular proteinsVineet Pande
REQUIMTE Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre 687, 4169 007 Porto, Portugal
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:4057-63. 200515-Deoxy-delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J2 (15d-PGJ2), a dehydration product of prostaglandin D2, is an important pharmacological molecule, which with the virtue of its electrophilicity, has been reported to covalently modify some cellular ..
- PPAR-gamma ligands modulate effects of LPS in stimulated rat synovial fibroblastsMarie Agnès Simonin
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Unite Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 7561, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C125-33. 2002..These results offer new insights in regard to the anti-inflammatory potential of the PPAR-gamma ligands and underline different mechanisms of action of 15d-PGJ(2) and troglitazone in synovial fibroblasts...
- Association of a new-type prostaglandin D2 receptor CRTH2 with circulating T helper 2 cells in patients with atopic dermatitisMasahiro Iwasaki
Department of Molecular Biology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:609-16. 2002b>Prostaglandin D2 is known to be the major prostanoid produced by allergen-activated mast cells, but its role in the formation of allergic diseases is not well established because of complexity of its receptor system and lack of ..
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 expression in murine macrophages is essential for the anti-inflammatory effect of low dose 15-deoxy-Delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2Tzong Shyuan Lee
Division of Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 278:19325-30. 2003..Collectively, these data suggest that even at submicromolar concentrations 15d-PGJ2 can exert an anti-inflammatory effect in macrophages through a mechanism that involves the action of HO/CO...
- Nicotinic acid induces secretion of prostaglandin D2 in human macrophages: an in vitro model of the niacin flushC Daniel Meyers
Long Beach Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:253-8. 2007..broad-spectrum lipid agent shown to prevent cardiovascular disease, yet its widespread use is limited by the prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) mediated niacin flush...
- Proteasome-caspase-cathepsin sequence leading to tau pathology induced by prostaglandin J2 in neuronal cellsLisette T Arnaud
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of City University of New York, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Neurochem 110:328-42. 2009..Our studies are the first to provide a mechanistic link between inflammation and tau pathology...
- Molecular characterization of TRPA1 channel activation by cysteine-reactive inflammatory mediatorsNobuaki Takahashi
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Channels (Austin) 2:287-98. 2008..Interestingly, the Cys421 mutation critically impaired the TRPA1 response to H(+) as well. Our findings suggest that TRPA1 channels are targeted by an array of inflammatory mediators to elicit inflammatory pain in the nervous system...
- Selective modulation of chemokinesis, degranulation, and apoptosis in eosinophils through the PGD2 receptors CRTH2 and DPF G Gervais
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:982-8. 2001..PGD(2) is the major prostanoid released by mast cells during an allergic response. Its role in the allergic response, however, remains unclear...
- Accumulation of 15-deoxy-delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J2 adduct formation with Keap1 over time: effects on potency for intracellular antioxidant defence inductionJoo Yeun Oh
Department of Pathology and Center for Free Radical Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Biomedical Research Building II, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Biochem J 411:297-306. 2008....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human prostanoid DP receptorY Boie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:18910-6. 1995..showed that the rank order of affinities for prostaglandins and prostaglandin analogs, in competition for [3H]prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) specific binding sites, was as predicted for the DP receptor, with PGD2 >> PGE2 > PGF2 alpha =..
- 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 inhibits multiple steps in the NF-kappa B signaling pathwayD S Straus
Biomedical Sciences Division, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4844-9. 2000..Direct inhibition of NF-kappaB signaling by 15d-PGJ(2) may contribute to negative regulation of prostaglandin biosynthesis and inflammation, suggesting additional approaches to the development of antiinflammatory drugs...
- 15d-PGJ2 induces apoptosis by reactive oxygen species-mediated inactivation of Akt in leukemia and colorectal cancer cells and shows in vivo antitumor activitySung Won Shin
Department of Biochemistry, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, South Korea
Clin Cancer Res 15:5414-25. 2009..The specific molecular mechanisms underlying this effect remain to be elucidated. We examined whether 15d-PGJ(2) has antitumor activity in vitro and in vivo, and investigated the underlying mechanism...
- Activation of the D prostanoid receptor 1 regulates immune and skin allergic responsesVeronique Angeli
Unite 547, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
J Immunol 172:3822-9. 2004..We propose that DP1 activation by specific agonists may represent a strategy to control cutaneous inflammatory Th2-associated diseases...
- PPARgamma ligands and ATRA inhibit the invasion of human breast cancer cells in vitroH Liu
Division of Oncology Hematology, School of Medicine Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:63-74. 2003..Our results, for the first time, indicate that PPARgamma ligands may have therapeutic value for the treatment of highly invasive breast cancer by targeting its invasive behavior...
- Prostaglandin D2 causes preferential induction of proinflammatory Th2 cytokine production through an action on chemoattractant receptor-like molecule expressed on Th2 cellsLuzheng Xue
Oxagen Limited, Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 175:6531-6. 2005....
- Prostaglandin D2 as a mediator of allergic asthmaT Matsuoka
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Science 287:2013-7. 2000..Activated mast cells release various chemical mediators, including prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), whose role in allergic asthma has now been investigated by the generation of mice deficient in the ..
- Positioning prostanoids of the D and J series in the immunopathogenic schemeJ L Herlong
Department of Biological Sciences, 132 Long Hall, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Immunol Lett 102:121-31. 2006..This review highlights the collective relevance of PGD(2) and its respective synthases, receptors, and metabolites in immunopathologic responses...
- Kdo2-Lipid A of Escherichia coli, a defined endotoxin that activates macrophages via TLR-4Christian R H Raetz
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1097-111. 2006..Kdo(2)-Lipid A is comparable to LPS by these criteria. Its activity is reduced by >10(3) in cells from TLR-4-deficient mice. The purity of Kdo(2)-Lipid A should facilitate structural analysis of complexes with receptors like TLR-4/MD2...
- Effects of prostaglandin D2 on tetrodotoxin-resistant Na+ currents in DRG neurons of adult ratAndrea Ebersberger
Department of Physiology I, Neurophysiology, University Hospital of Jena, Jena, Germany
Pain 152:1114-26. 2011..Thus, the net effect of PGD(2) on DRG neurons is pronociceptive, although the magnitude of the TTX-R Na(+) currents depends on the balance of DP1 and DP2 receptor activation...
- Age-related increases in PGD(2) expression impair respiratory DC migration, resulting in diminished T cell responses upon respiratory virus infection in miceJincun Zhao
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4921-30. 2011..Our results suggest that inhibiting PGD(2) function may be a useful approach to enhance T cell responses against respiratory viruses in older humans...
- Glucocorticoid protects rodent hearts from ischemia/reperfusion injury by activating lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase-derived PGD2 biosynthesisSatori Tokudome
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Invest 119:1477-88. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest what we believe to be a novel interaction between glucocorticoid-GR signaling and the cardiomyocyte survival pathway mediated by the arachidonic acid cascade...
- Prostaglandin D2 inhibits TGF-beta1-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in MDCK cellsAihua Zhang
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah and VA Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F1332-42. 2006....
- Endogenous prostaglandin D2 and its metabolites protect the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury by activating Nrf2Yoshinori Katsumata
Department of Cardiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Hypertension 63:80-7. 2014..In addition, we propose activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ by the dehydrated metabolite of PGD(2) (15-deoxy-Δ12,14-PGJ(2)) as another mechanism by which glucocorticoids induce cardioprotection...
- PPARgamma inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2, PGE2 synthase, and inducible nitric oxide synthase in cardiac myocytesMariela Mendez
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Hypertension 42:844-50. 2003..We concluded that 15dPGJ2 may play an anti-inflammatory role in a PPARgamma-dependent manner, decreasing COX-2, PGES, and PGE2 production, as well as iNOS expression...
- Inhibition of interleukin-4 production in CD4+ T cells by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) ligands: involvement of physical association between PPAR-gamma and the nuclear factor of activated T cells transcription factorSu Wol Chung
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Mol Pharmacol 64:1169-79. 2003....
- The opposing role of two prostaglandin D2 receptors, DP and CRTH2, in human eosinophil migrationTakahito Chiba
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 106:511-7. 2011b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) regulates various immunological responses via two distinct PGD2 receptors, prostaglandin D receptor (DP), and chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2)...
- 15-deoxy-D12,14-prostaglandin J2 suppresses RANTES expression by inhibiting NADPH oxidase activation in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric epithelial cellsB Cha
Department of Pharmacology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:167-74. 2011..DPI suppressed H. pylori-induced alterations similar to 15d-PGJ(2). However, AG490 had no effect on NADPH oxidase activation, but reduced the level of RANTES in the medium released from H. pylori-infected cells...
- Prostaglandin D2 receptors DP and CRTH2 in the pathogenesis of asthmaMasafumi Arima
Department of Developmental Genetics H2, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Curr Mol Med 8:365-75. 2008b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is a major prostanoid produced mainly by mast cells in allergic diseases, including bronchial asthma. However, its role in the pathogenesis of asthma remains unclear...
- Prostaglandin D2 regulates CD4+ memory T cell trafficking across blood vascular endothelium and primes these cells for clearance across lymphatic endotheliumS Rumel Ahmed
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:1432-9. 2011..Thus, chemokines may not regulate all stages of lymphocyte migration during inflammation, and paradigms describing their trafficking may need to account for the role of PGD(2)...
- 15d-prostaglandin J2 reduces multiple organ failure caused by wall-fragment of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteriaLaura Dugo
Department of Experimental Medicine, Nephrology and Critical Care Medicine, The William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 498:295-301. 2004..We propose that 15d-prostaglandin J2 or other ligands for PPAR-gamma may be useful in the therapy of the organ injury associated with septic shock...
- Covalent binding of 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 to PPARgammaA F Soares
UMR 585 INSERM INSA Lyon, IMBL, Villeurbanne, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:521-5. 2005..203) to the GST-LBD peptide (m/z = 998.481). All these observations demonstrate the existence of a covalent binding of 15dPGJ(2) to PPARgamma, which opens up new perspectives to study the molecular basis for selective activities of PPARs...
- An interaction between L-prostaglandin D synthase and arrestin increases PGD2 productionKarine Mathurin
Service de Rhumatologie, Departement de Medecine, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
J Biol Chem 286:2696-706. 2011....
- Prostaglandin D2 mediates neuronal protection via the DP1 receptorXibin Liang
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Neurochem 92:477-86. 2005..Taken together, these data support an emerging and paradoxical neuroprotective role of prostaglandins in the CNS...
- Inhibition of mitochondrial division through covalent modification of Drp1 protein by 15 deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J2Nandita Mishra
Department of Pathology, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:17-24. 2010....
- COX-1-dependent prostaglandin D2 in microglia contributes to neuropathic pain via DP2 receptor in spinal neuronsHirosato Kanda
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, 663 8501, Japan
Glia 61:943-56. 2013..We believe that PGD2 signaling via DP2 signaling pathway from microglia to neurons is one of the triggering factors for mechanical allodynia in this neuropathic pain model...
- Prostaglandin D2 plays an essential role in chronic allergic inflammation of the skin via CRTH2 receptorTakahiro Satoh
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Immunol 177:2621-9. 2006..These findings indicate that the PGD(2)-CRTH2 system plays a significant role in chronic allergic skin inflammation. CRTH2 may represent a novel therapeutic target for treatment of human allergic disorders, including atopic dermatitis...
- Oxidative stress causes ERK phosphorylation and cell death in cultured retinal pigment epithelium: prevention of cell death by AG126 and 15-deoxy-delta 12, 14-PGJ2Tarun K Garg
Departments of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
BMC Ophthalmol 3:5. 2003..The cytotoxic effects of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) induced oxidative stress on retinal pigment epithelium were characterized in this study...
- A clearance system for prostaglandin D2, a sleep-promoting factor, in cerebrospinal fluid: role of the blood-cerebrospinal barrier transportersMasanori Tachikawa
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 343:608-16. 2012..These findings indicate that the system regulating the PGD(2) level in the CSF involves PGT- and OAT3-mediated PGD(2) uptake by the choroid plexus epithelial cells, acting as a pathway for PGD(2) clearance from the CSF via the BCSFB...
- Epigenetic deregulation of the COX pathway in cancerInês Cebola
Institute of Predictive and Personalized Medicine of Cancer, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Prog Lipid Res 51:301-13. 2012....
- Inhibition of PI3K and calcineurin suppresses chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2)-dependent responses of Th2 lymphocytes to prostaglandin D(2)Luzheng Xue
Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RY, United Kingdom
Biochem Pharmacol 73:843-53. 2007Interaction of prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) with chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2) triggers chemotaxis and pro-inflammatory cytokine production by Th2 lymphocytes...
- Antagonism of the prostaglandin D2 receptors DP1 and CRTH2 as an approach to treat allergic diseasesRoy Pettipher
Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RY, UK
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:313-25. 2007..We also discuss recent progress in the discovery and development of selective antagonists of these receptors...
- Differential regulation of the signaling and trafficking of the two prostaglandin D2 receptors, prostanoid DP receptor and CRTH2Maxime A Gallant
Division of Rheumatology, Departement de Medecine, Faculté de Médecine and Centre de Recherche Clinique Etienne Lebel, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 557:115-23. 2007b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) exerts its actions on two G protein-coupled receptors, the prostanoid DP receptor and CRTH2 (chemoattractant homologous receptor expressed on TH2 cells)...
- Leukotriene E4 activates human Th2 cells for exaggerated proinflammatory cytokine production in response to prostaglandin D2Luzheng Xue
Oxford Biomedical Research Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Immunol 188:694-702. 2012..These findings reveal that cysLTs, in particular LTE(4), have a significant proinflammatory impact on T cells and demonstrate their effects on Th2 cells are mediated by a montelukast-sensitive receptor...
- Novel function of CRTH2 in preventing apoptosis of human Th2 cells through activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayLuzheng Xue
Oxagen Ltd, Abingdon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 182:7580-6. 2009..These data suggest that in addition to promoting the recruitment and activation of Th2 cells, PGD(2) may also impede the resolution of allergic inflammation through inhibiting apoptosis of Th2 cells...
- Expression of TREM-1 is inhibited by PGD2 and PGJ2 in macrophagesMansoor Ali Syed
Department of Veterans Affairs, Jesse Brown VA Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:3140-9. 2010..Our data suggest a novel mechanism by which these prostaglandins exhibit anti-inflammatory effects and a new therapeutic approach to inhibition of TREM-1...
- Cutting edge: agonistic effect of indomethacin on a prostaglandin D2 receptor, CRTH2Hiroyuki Hirai
R and D Center, BML, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Immunol 168:981-5. 2002..These results suggest the involvement of CRTH2 in mediating some of therapeutic and/or unwanted side effects of indomethacin, independently of cyclooxygenases and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors...
- Accumulation of CRTH2-positive T-helper 2 and T-cytotoxic 2 cells at implantation sites of human decidua in a prostaglandin D(2)-mediated mannerToshihiko Michimata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:181-7. 2002....
- Prostaglandin D2 suppresses human NK cell function via signaling through D prostanoid receptorYingying Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Immunol 179:2766-73. 2007..Together, these data uncover a novel mechanism by which PGD(2) functions through DP to suppress type 1 and cytolytic functions of human NK cells, thus contributing to the promotion of a type 2 immune response...
- 15d-prostaglandin J2 inhibits inflammatory hypernociception: involvement of peripheral opioid receptorMarcelo H Napimoga
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Uberaba, Av Nene Sabino, 1801, Uberaba, Minas Gerais 38055 500, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:313-21. 2008..Taken together, these results demonstrate for the first time that 15d-PGJ(2) inhibits inflammatory hypernociception via PPAR-gamma activation. This effect seems to be dependent on endogenous opioids and local macrophages...
- Prostaglandin D2 regulates joint inflammation and destruction in murine collagen-induced arthritisNuria Maicas
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Recognition and Technologic Development ERI, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 64:130-40. 2012b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) may exert proinflammatory or antiinflammatory effects in different biologic systems...
- 15-Deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandins D2 and J2 are potent activators of human eosinophilsGuillaume Monneret
Meakins Christie Laboratories, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 168:3563-9. 2002....
- 15d-PGJ(2) is acting as a 'dual agent' on the regulation of COX-2 expression in human osteoarthritic chondrocytesH Fahmi
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Notre Dame, Quebec, Canada
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 10:845-8. 2002..This study showed that the PPARgamma agonist, 15d-PGJ(2), exerts a dual effect on COX-2 production. The mechanisms by which 15d-PGJ(2) favors COX-2 production will be discussed...
- Competitive enzymatic interactions determine the relative amounts of prostaglandins E2 and D2Rui Yu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois College of Pharmacy, 833 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612 7231, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 339:716-25. 2011....
- Dual functions of prostaglandin D2 in murine contact hypersensitivity via DP and CRTH2Yoshihiro Yamamoto
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 179:302-14. 2011b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) exerts its effects through two distinct receptors: the chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2) and the D prostanoid (DP) receptor...
- 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 induces heme oxygenase-1 gene expression in a reactive oxygen species-dependent manner in human lymphocytesMoisés Alvarez-Maqueda
Departamento de Bioquimica Medica y Biologia Molecular, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:21929-37. 2004..Both phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways also appear implicated in modulation of HO-1 expression by 15dPGJ(2)...
- 15-Deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 biphasically regulates the proliferation of mouse hippocampal neural progenitor cells by modulating the redox stateTakashi Katura
Department of Cellular Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba 6 3, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 77:601-11. 2010..c.v.) 15d-PGJ(2) and suppressed by high-dose (30 ng) 15d-PGJ(2). These results suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) regulates the proliferation of NPCs via its electrophilic nature, which enables covalent binding to molecules such as GSH...
- The prostaglandin D₂ receptor CRTH2 is important for allergic skin inflammation after epicutaneous antigen challengeRui He
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:784-90. 2010..Chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on receptor on T(H)2 cells (CRTH2) mediates chemotaxis to PGD₂ and is expressed on T(H)2 cells and eosinophils, which infiltrate skin lesions in patients with atopic dermatitis...
- PPARgamma regulates LIF-induced growth and self-renewal of mouse ES cells through Tyk2-Stat3 pathwayCaiqing Mo
Neuroscience Research Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cell Signal 22:495-500. 2010..These results suggest that PPARgamma regulates LIF-induced growth and self-renewal of mouse ES cells through Tyk2-Stat3 pathway...
- Prostaglandin D2 mediates the stimulation of glycogenolysis in the liver by phorbol esterE Casteleijn
Center for Bio Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Leiden, Sylvius Laboratories, The Netherlands
Biochem J 250:77-80. 1988..Subsequently PGD2 activates glycogenolysis in the parenchymal liver cells. The intercellular communication inside the liver in response to PMA adds a new mechanism to the complex regulation of glucose homoeostasis by the liver...
- EGR1 expression: a calcium and ERK1/2 mediated PPARγ-independent event involved in the antiproliferative effect of 15-deoxy-Δ12,14-prostaglandin J2 and thiazolidinediones in breast cancer cellsSarra Chbicheb
EA4421 Signalisation, Génomique et Recherche Translationnelle en Oncologie SIGRETO Nancy Université, 54506 Vandœuvre lès Nancy, France
Biochem Pharmacol 81:1087-97. 2011..Furthermore, in MCF7 transfected with siRNA targeting EGR1, Δ2-TGZ inhibited less efficiently cell proliferation...
- Protection of neurons and microglia against ethanol in a mouse model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ agonistsCynthia J M Kane
Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, AR 72205, USA
Brain Behav Immun 25:S137-45. 2011..In composite, these studies suggest that PPAR-γ agonists may be effective in limiting ethanol-induced toxicity to the developing CNS...
- Induction of apoptosis by 15d-PGJ2 via ROS formation: an alternative pathway without PPARγ activation in non-small cell lung carcinoma A549 cellsJun Jie Wang
Department of Life Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan, ROC
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 94:104-11. 2011..Moreover, these findings support the use of quercetin and PPARγ agonists in non-small cell lung carcinoma...
- Spectroscopic analyses of the binding kinetics of 15d-PGJ2 to the PPARgamma ligand-binding domain by multi-wavelength global fittingTakuma Shiraki
Department of Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute BERI, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita City, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Biochem J 393:749-55. 2006..Thus 'lock' rather than 'dock' is one of the critical steps in PPARgamma activation by 15d-PGJ2...
- Correlation between the prostaglandin D(2)/E(2) ratio in nasal polyps and the recalcitrant pathophysiology of chronic rhinosinusitis associated with bronchial asthmaTsuyoshi Yoshimura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Allergol Int 57:429-36. 2008..We sought to assess the role of prostaglandin D(2) (PGD(2)) and prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) in the recalcitrant pathophysiology of CRS...
- Lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase is a powerful biomarker for severity of stable coronary artery diseaseTeruo Inoue
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, Japan
Atherosclerosis 201:385-91. 2008..55, P<0.0001). The serum L-PGDS level is suitable to evaluate the severity of coronary artery disease. The measurement of serum L-PGDS can be a strategy for screening of stable coronary artery disease prior to coronary angiography...
- 15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-prostaglandin J2 enhanced the anti-tumor activity of camptothecin against renal cell carcinoma independently of topoisomerase-II and PPARγ pathwaysYasuhiro Yamamoto
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Himeji Dokkyo University, 2 1, kami ohno 7 Chome, Himeji, Hyogo 670 8524, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410:563-7. 2011..These results suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) exhibited the anti-tumor activity synergistically with CPT independent of topoisomerase-II and PPARγ...
- Expression and molecular pharmacology of the mouse CRTH2 receptorAaron N Hata
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2372, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:463-70. 2003b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), the predominant prostanoid produced by activated mast cells, is implicated in a variety of allergic diseases. PGD2 exerts its effects through two G-protein coupled receptors, DP and CRTH2...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonists suppress iNOS expression induced by LPS in rat primary Schwann cellsFupeng Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College, Nantong 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu, 226001, China
J Neuroimmunol 218:36-47. 2010..Coadministration of GW 9662 reversed the effect of PPAR-gamma agonists. These results suggest that PPAR-gamma agonists, 15d-PGJ(2) and pioglitazone, had the anti-inflammatory effects...
- Effects of prostaglandin D2 on helper T cell functionsKazuya Tanaka
Department of Advanced Medicine and Development, BML, Inc, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:1009-14. 2004..Thus, PGD(2) favors Th2 functions through CRTH2 while restraining Th1 functions via DP, which may contribute to development of Th2-dominated status in allergic inflammations...
- Albumin-binding and tumor vasculature determine the antitumor effect of 15-deoxy-Delta-(12,14)-prostaglandin-J(2) in vivoJai Prakash
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology and Targeting, Groningen Research Institute for Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neoplasia 11:1348-58. 2009..These findings suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) can be an effective therapeutic agent for cancer, although its effects seem to be limited to the tumors allowing albumin penetration...
- Prostaglandin D2 in sleep-wake regulation: recent progress and perspectivesOsamu Hayaishi
Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Japan
Neuroscientist 8:12-5. 2002....
- A pro-resolution mediator, prostaglandin D(2), is specifically up-regulated in individuals in long-term remission from ulcerative colitisLinda Vong
Farncombe Family Digestive Health Research Institute, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12023-7. 2010..This is consistent with animal studies showing the importance of PGD(2) in the induction and maintenance of remission from colitis...
- A prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonist modifies experimental asthma in sheepM Shichijo
Discovery Research Laboratories, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1404-14. 2009..Experimental evidence suggests that stimulation of one or both these receptors contributes to asthma pathophysiology...
- Delta12-prostaglandin D2 is a potent and selective CRTH2 receptor agonist and causes activation of human eosinophils and Th2 lymphocytesLucien Gazi
Drug Discovery Department, Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RY, UK
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 75:153-67. 2005b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is a lipid mediator produced by mast cells, macrophages and Th2 lymphocytes and has been detected in high concentrations in the airways of asthmatic patients...
- Effects of 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 on cell proliferation and apoptosis in ECV304 endothelial cellsYu Gang Dong
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:47-53. 2004..To investigate the effects of 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 (15d-PGJ2) on cell proliferation and apoptosis in ECV304 endothelial cells and related molecular mechanism...
- Production of prostaglandin D(2) by human osteoblasts and modulation of osteoprotegerin, RANKL, and cellular migration by DP and CRTH2 receptorsMaxime A Gallant
Division of Rheumatology, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 20:672-81. 2005..These results indicate that activation of CRTH2 may lead to an anabolic response in bone...
- Prostaglandin D2 and sleep/wake regulationYoshihiro Urade
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4, Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Sleep Med Rev 15:411-8. 2011....
- Regulation of Neutrophilic Lung InflammationJohn W Christman; Fiscal Year: 2013..COX-2) and lipocalin-prostaglandin D synthase (L-PgDS) gene expression which results in relative increase in prostaglandin D2 (PgD2) and on activation of nuclear factor E2 p45-related factor 2 (Nrf2)...
- Cellular Mechanisms for the hormonal Modulation of SleepJessica Mong; Fiscal Year: 2009..on sleep patterns is mediated by steroid-induced changes - the expression of signaling compounds, such as prostaglandin D2 and gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), in key brain nuclei that are involved in the regulation of sleep and ..
- Stress Hormones and Chondrogenic Vascular CalcificationJODI FRANCES EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2013..the L-PGDS KO mice are resistant to an increase in ACTH levels with age which points to a role for prostaglandin D2 synthase in age-related and long-term high-fat feeding related changes of the HPA axis...
- The role of prostaglandin d2 in hair follicle biologyLUIS ANDRES GARZA; Fiscal Year: 2012..This interdisciplinary proposal will capitalize on the expertise of two established and highly regarded physician scientists yielding a unique niche for the future independence of the principal investigator. ..
- Mechanisms of optic nerve stroke neuroprotectionSteven L Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..My preliminary data reveals that prostaglandin J2 (PGJ2), the active metabolite of prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), reduces post-stroke ON edema and improves RGC survival...
- Control of collecting duct function by lipid-derived factors in obesityTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..by an imbalance of sodium regulatory hormones in the collecting duct (CD) with overactivation of natriferic prostaglandin D2 (PGD2)/15-deoxy-delta(12,14)-PGJ2 (15d- PGJ2)/PPAR pathway and suppression of natriuretic microsomal ..
- Interaction Between the Epithelium and Mast Cells in Severe AsthmaMERRITT LYNN FAJT; Fiscal Year: 2012..and protein level by evaluating the mast cell markers tryptase, chymase, carboxypeptidase 3, hematopoietic prostaglandin D2 synthase, and 5-lipoxygensae in epithelium, submucosal tissue and luminal (bronchoalveolar lavage cells) ..
- Stress Hormones and Chondrogenic Vascular CalcificationJODI FRANCES EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2010..of cartilage metaplasia and mineralization in a novel model of type 2 diabetes, the lipocalin-type prostaglandin D2 synthase knockout (L-PGDS KO) mouse...
- 15-Deoxy-D12, 14-PGE, J2 as a ligand of RXRalphaXiao Kun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 200915-Deoxy-?12, 14-prostaglandin J2 (15d-PGJ2), a natural metabolite of prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), has potent pro-apoptotic activity in cancer cells...
- MECHANISMS OF AIRFLOW OBSTRUCTIONJulian Solway; Fiscal Year: 1992..measuring arterio-venous differences and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid contents of histamine, leukotriene D4, prostaglandin D2, and substance P, before and during HIB in the guinea pig; (b) comparing minute ventilation vs respiratory ..
- MECHANISMS OF ANTI-NOCICEPTIVE EFFECT OF PROSTAGLANDIN METABOLITEGina M Story; Fiscal Year: 2010..The prostaglandin D2 metabolite, 15-deoxy- 12,14-prostaglandin J2 (15d-PGJ2), is best characterized as an anti-inflammatory ..
- AsthmaNet: Phenotypic Influences on Asthma TreatmentsSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, the severe asthma protocol will focus on the mast cell, specifically prostaglandin D2 and its interaction with CRTH2...
- SECRETION OF BLADDER MAST CELL MEDIATORS IN ICTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 1991..Assays of secretion will involve measurement of bladder mast cell histamine, prostaglandin D2 (PGDs), leukotriene C4 (LTC4) and Beta- hexosaminidase, as well as interleukin I (IL-I) and Tamm-Horsfall ..
- MEDIATORS, AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLE GROWTH AND CONTRACTILITYMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 1992..we will investigate: 1) whether the bronchoactive mediators: histamine, leukotrienes C4 and D4, prostaglandin D2, platelet activating factor, eosinophil-derived major basic protein substance P, and the endothelial cell-..
- PROSTANOID BIOSYNTHESIS IN SYSTEMIC MASTOCYTOSISJohn Oates; Fiscal Year: 2003The objective of the proposed research is to examine the biosynthesis of the mast cell mediator, prostaglandin D2, in patients with systemic mastocytosis, and to explore the potential for improvements in the treatment of this disorder...
- ENDOTOXIN ENHANCEMENT OF HEPATOTOXICITY--ROLE OF PGD2Patricia Ganey; Fiscal Year: 2001..LPS activates KCs to release a number of soluble mediators, including prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), and preliminary results indicate that PGD2 increases the cytotoxicity of AA toward hepatic ..
- XENOBIOTICS AND ALLERGIC INFLAMMATIONAndrew Saxon; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, production of prostaglandin D2 production in activated mast cells occurs in two phases, an early phase that couples a distinct PL to PGS1 ..
- The Structure and Function of the CRTH2 PDG2 ReceptorRichard Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is a major cyclooxygenase metabolite, and its release has been hypothesized to contribute to the inflammation and increased airway hyperreactivity observed in asthma...
- High Throughput Screening for Identification of AKR1C3 InhibitorsBrian Lavan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The branch of the biosynthetic pathway addressed here starts with prostaglandin D2 (PGD2)...
- Role of adenosine in estrogen-mediated increased arousalAna Ribeiro; Fiscal Year: 2009..L-PDGS catalyses the formation of prostaglandin D2 (PGD2)...
- Control of Vascular Smooth Muscle Function by InsulinLouis Ragolia; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Mast Cells in Lung InflammationJoshua Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies, carried out in non-transformed hPrMC and hMC, have potential implications for the control of hMC distribution and effector function in asthma. ..
- CysLt and P2Y Receptors and Lung InflammationJoshua Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipHessam Siavash; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Poly (ADP-Ribose) synthetase in expression of endotheliaBasilia Zingarelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Breast Cancer-Targeting COX-2 & PPARgammaALAA BADAWI; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PPARGamma in Sepsis-Induced ImmunosuppressionRaju Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PPAR gamma Signaling and Lung Fibroblast TransdifferentiationVirender Rehan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Testicular Torsion: Mechanisms and TreatmentTerry Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is likely that these investigations will be relevant to other forms of oxidative stress inducing testicular dysfunction. ..
- Walnuts vs. Walnut-Oil, Glucose Homeostasis, PCOSSidika Kasim Karakas; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADENOSINE AND THE PREOPTIC REGULATION OF SLEEPTHOMAS SCAMMELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide important insights into the pre-optic and basal forebrain sites and mechanisms through which AD induces sleep. ..
- Contribution of ATGL in skeletal muscle to lipid metabolism and insulin actionERIN KERSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2008..Evaluating the role of ATGL-mediated fat breakdown in skeletal muscle will provide important insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of obesity, insulin resistance, and related metabolic disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Allenic [2 + 2 + 1] Reactions Enabling Syntheses of Natural Products with 7-MembeKay M Brummond; Fiscal Year: 2010..Grayanotoxin is an important molecular tool for deciphering the mechanism for gating functions of the sodium ion channels. ..
- CNS Development & Alcohol: Microglia-Neuron InteractionsCynthia Kane; Fiscal Year: 2008..Application of this knowledge may provide new therapeutic strategies for intervention in the neuropathology caused by prenatal alcohol exposure. ..
- Neuroscience Research Center Core Facility at UAMSPaul Drew; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of PPARGamma in the Generation and Function of TregsRobert Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007..This should lead to a greater understanding of Treg physiology and assist in developing strategies for immunotherapy. ..
- Severe Asthma From Respiratory InfectionsWilliam W Busse; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of asthma, particularly severe disease, and possibilities of new approaches to treatment. ..
- The role of cardiolipin apoptosisDIANE HICKSON BICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The role of these modified phospholipids in cyt c release will be determined. We will answer the question "is the loss of cyt c preceded by deacylation of CL?" [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELLULAR BASIS OF HYPERSENSITIVITY DISEASES IN HUMANSFRANK AUSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Innate Immunity, HIV, and OIs: Role of TLRs in the LungPaul Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..The innovation of this grant is a new paradigm that suggests direct or indirect effects of HIV on TLRs that may affect innate immune responses to OIs or HIV, itself. ..
- Toll-Like Receptors in Bacterial Antigen Induced HIV-LTROzlem Equils; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CNS MICROVASCULAR PERICYTE AND EAEPaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2003..The potential role of PC cytokines will be examined. ..
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ALLERGIC RHINITIS AND SINUSITISFuad Baroody; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will hopefully help to improve our therapeutic modalities for this enigmatic illness that affects millions of Americans every year. ..
- Lung TACE, TNFalpha & TNFR Regulation of HIV ReplicationPaul Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..This hypothesis-driven project will suggest whether anti-TNF or anti-TACE therapies will improve immunologic function and virologic control in HIV-infected persons receiving HAART. ..
- NO AND THE MAGNOCELLULAR NEUROENDOCRINE SYSTEMMASSAKO KADEKARO KUTYNA; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF RHINOVIRUS INDUCED ASTHMAWilliam Busse; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will provide new evidence as the mechanisms by which RV-infected epithelial cells cause granulocytic bronchial inflammation and asthma exacerbations. ..
- The function(s) and regulation of PPARs in the ovaryCarolyn Komar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Alcohol Pathogenesis in CNS Microglial CellsCynthia Kane; Fiscal Year: 2005..Application of this knowledge may provide new therapeutic strategies for prevention or treatment of the neuropathology associated with prenatal alcohol exposure. ..
- Role of SRCAP in AR-Mediated TranscriptionMARIA MONROY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since AR function plays a key role in the development and progression of prostate cancer, it is important to understand how coactivator proteins affect its activity. ..
- VEGF gene expression in central nervous system microvascular pericytePaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose that the CNS microvascular pericyte is a regulatory cell important in the vascular response to hypoxic stress and that cyclopentenone prostagladins are involved in the pericyte stress response. ..
- CD8+ T cell trafficking to the normal lungThomas Braciale; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE AND OCULAR BLOOD FLOWJohn Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..New knowledge of ocular blood flow and lOP in patients would have implications for the better diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF EXPERIMENTAL RSV INFECTIONThomas Braciale; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study should provide new and useful information -- both for our understanding of RSV pathogenesis and for the development of an effective RSV vaccine. ..
- Modeling of Lung HIV Cytokine/Chemokine NetworksPaul Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identification of the most central molecules in these linked systems may suggest new therapeutic or vaccine approaches to bolster the host immune response to HIV. ..
- Regulation and actions of NO in the cardiac plexusJEAN HARDWICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, it will provide important information concerning the regulation and of NO in the control of cardiac function. ..
- Training Program in Host Pathogen InteractionsPaul Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Modifications in AtherogenesisGarret FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PPAR-gamma Immune Regulation and Multiple SclerosisPaul Drew; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Circadian and Aminergic Regulation of Orexin NeuronsTHOMAS SCAMMELL; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FATTY ACID METABOLISM IN CARDIAC ISCHEMIADIANE HICKSON BICK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Location of a malonyl-CoA compartment that is inaccessible to CPT-I will shed light on the inconsistency between the high malonyl CoA content in heart and reliance on beta-oxidation. ..