Genomes and Genes
Summary: (11 alpha,13E,15S)-11,15-Dihydroxy-9-oxoprost-13-en-1-oic acid (PGE(1)); (5Z,11 alpha,13E,15S)-11,15-dihydroxy-9-oxoprosta-5,13-dien-1-oic acid (PGE(2)); and (5Z,11 alpha,13E,15S,17Z)-11,15-dihydroxy-9-oxoprosta-5,13,17-trien-1-oic acid (PGE(3)). Three of the six naturally occurring prostaglandins. They are considered primary in that no one is derived from another in living organisms. Originally isolated from sheep seminal fluid and vesicles, they are found in many organs and tissues and play a major role in mediating various physiological activities.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Gonadotropin-induced expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for cyclooxygenase-2 and production of prostaglandins E and F2alpha in bovine preovulatory follicles are regulated by the progesterone receptorP J Bridges
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Endocrinology 147:4713-22. 2006....
- Contribution of interaction between nitric oxide and cyclooxygenases to the production of prostaglandins in carrageenan-induced inflammationMasaki Toriyabe
Department of Anesthesiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8543, Japan
Anesthesiology 101:983-90. 2004..This study was designed to investigate the effects of peripherally released NO on cyclooxygenase (COX) expression/activation and production of PGs in carrageenan-induced inflammation...
- Effect of luteinizing hormone (LH), pregnancy-specific protein B (PSPB), or arachidonic acid (AA) on secretion of progesterone and prostaglandins (PG) E (PGE; PGE(1) and PGE(2)) and F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)) by ovine corpora lutea of the estrous cycle or prY S Weems
Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:163-73. 2007..In addition, PSPB appears to regulate luteal secretion of progesterone from days 50 to 90 of pregnancy through stimulation of PGE secretion by ovine luteal tissue...
- Role of cyclooxygenase-2 in hyperprostaglandin E syndrome/antenatal Bartter syndromeStephan C Reinalter
Department of Pediatrics, Philipps University Marburg, Deutschhausstrasse 12, D 35053 Marburg, Germany
Kidney Int 62:253-60. 2002..Using the COX-2 selective inhibitor rofecoxib, we investigated the role of COX-2 in the pathophysiology of HPS/aBS...
- Effect of epidermal growth factor and prostaglandin on the expression of aromatase (CYP19) in human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line NCI-H295R cellsMasatada Watanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
J Endocrinol 188:59-68. 2006..These results suggest that PGE(2) secondarily acts as an autocrine signal in the up-regulation of aromatase expression by EGF in NCI-H295R cells...
- PGE2-mediated upregulation of iNOS in murine breast cancer cells through the activation of EP4 receptorsAlexander V Timoshenko
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Cancer 108:384-9. 2004....
- Regulation of metalloproteinases and NF-kappaB activation in rabbit synovial fibroblasts via E prostaglandins and Erk: contrasting effects of nabumetone and 6MNAMichael H Pillinger
The Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Br J Pharmacol 142:973-82. 2004..In contrast, nabumetone demonstrates anti-inflammatory and potentially arthroprotective effects that have not been previously appreciated...
- Regulation of cyclooxygenase activity and progesterone production in the rat corpus luteum by inducible nitric oxide synthaseA Hurwitz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, IL 91240, Israel
Reproduction 123:663-9. 2002..The results from the present study indicate that iNOS-mediated NO production is involved in stimulating PGE synthesis in rat luteal cells, which may upregulate progesterone production...
- The effect of partial outlet obstruction on prostaglandin generation in the rabbit urinary bladderJ M Masick
Division of Basic and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy, NY 12208, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 66:211-9. 2001..These data suggest obstruction of the urinary bladder induce specific elevations in PG in both smooth muscle and mucosal tissues...
- Roles of endogenous prostaglandins and cyclooxygenase isozymes in healing of indomethacin-induced small intestinal lesions in ratsRyo Hatazawa
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:691-9. 2006..In conclusion, endogenous PGs play a role in the healing of intestinal ulcers through EP4 receptors, yet the COX isozyme involved differs depending on the stage of healing; COX-2 in the early stage and COX-1 in the late stage...
- Interactions between the nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 biosynthetic pathways in human amnion-like WISH cellsCarla Biondi
Department of Biology, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 I Ferrara, Italy
J Reprod Immunol 60:35-52. 2003....
- Dominant role of prostaglandin E2 EP4 receptor in furosemide-induced salt-losing tubulopathy: a model for hyperprostaglandin E syndrome/antenatal Bartter syndromeRolf M Nusing
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt 60590, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2354-62. 2005..In summary, these findings demonstrate that the EP4 receptor mediates PGE2-induced renin secretion and that EP1, EP3, and EP4 receptors all contribute to enhanced PGE2-mediated salt and water excretion in the HPS/aBS model...
- Effects of in vivo administration of epidermal growth factor (EGF) on uterine contractility, prostaglandin production and timing of parturition in ratsM L Ribeiro
Laboratorio de Fisio patología de la Preñez y el Parto, Centro de Estudios Farmacologicos y Botanicos CEFYBO, CONICET, Serrano 669, 3rd Floor, C1414DEM, Bs As Argentina
Reproduction 126:459-68. 2003..The overall effect was a delay in the onset of delivery. This in vivo effect raises the question of whether exogenous EGF plays a role in the initiation of parturition...
- Role of prostaglandins in the suppression of apoptosis in hen granulosa cells by transforming growth factor alphaR Manchanda
Reproductive Biology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Health Research Institute, The Ottawa Hospital (Civic Campus, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4E9
Reproduction 122:91-101. 2001..Whether arachidonic acid or leukotrienes are important in the anti-apoptotic action of TGF-alpha in hen granulosa cells remains to be determined...
- Vasoconstrictor responses, and underlying mechanisms, to isoprostanes in human and porcine bronchial arterial smooth muscleTracy Tazzeo
Department of Medicine, Father Sean O Sullivan Research Centre, Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, St Joseph s Hospital, McMaster University, 50 Charlton Avenue East L 314, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 4A6
Br J Pharmacol 140:759-63. 2003..These findings are highly relevant to lung transplantation and to exercise-induced asthma...
- Effect of in vivo administration of epidermal growth factor on prostaglandin production and NOS activity in term rat placentae. Possible participation of placental EGF receptorsM L Ribeiro
Laboratory of Physiopathology of Pregnancy and Labor, Center for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies, Serrano 669, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Placenta 26:758-65. 2005..Hence, EGF is a very interesting molecule for studying the regulation of placental prostaglandin and nitric oxide production related to the parturition process...
- Cloned human EP1 prostanoid receptor pharmacology characterized using radioligand binding techniquesNajam A Sharif
Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Alcon Research, Ltd, Fort Worth, Texas 76134, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:539-47. 2002..g. ZK118182 (K = 73.4 +/- 8.6 nM) and ZK110841 (K = 166 +/- 20 nM)). All FP (e.g. travoprost acid, fluprostenol), IP (iloprost) and TP (SQ29548) receptor-specific ligands exhibited low affinity (Ki > or = 1 microM)...
- Spermatozoa stimulate prostaglandin synthesis and secretion in bovine oviductal epithelial cellsSuranga P Kodithuwakku
Department of Animal Science, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya 20400, Sri Lanka
Reproduction 133:1087-94. 2007..Thus, spermatozoa may bear a role in accelerating their own transport into the fertilization site...
- Role of prostaglandin E produced by osteoblasts in osteolysis due to bone metastasisTomoyasu Ohshiba
Department of Biochemistry, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:957-64. 2003..The blockage of PGE2 signal by indomethacin and EP4 antagonist abrogated the osteoclast formation induced by the breast cancer cells. Here, we show a PGE-dependent mechanism of osteolysis due to bone metastasis...
- What regulates placental steroidogenesis in 90-day pregnant ewes?Yoshie S Weems
Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, United States
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:54-65. 2007..Effect of prostaglandin F(2alpha) on uterine or ovarian secretion of prostaglandins E and F(2alpha) (PGE; PGF(2alpha)) in vivo in 90-100 day hysterectomized, intact or ovariectomized pregnant ..
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and EP4 receptor in transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tractYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 851 8501, Japan
J Urol 173:56-60. 2005..We determined the relationships between clinicopathological features and prognosis with expressions of COX-2 and EP4R in nonmetastatic TCC-UUT...
- Prostaglandin E inhibits indomethacin-induced gastric lesions through EP-1 receptorsK Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto, Japan
Digestion 63:92-101. 2001..CONCLUSION: PGE(2) inhibits indomethacin-induced gastric lesions, through EP(1) receptors, and this effect may be functionally associated with inhibition of gastric motility but not of neutrophil activation/migration...
- Antithrombin reduces ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury in rats by activation of cyclooxygenase-1Naoaki Harada
Department of Diagnostic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo 1 1 1 Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Thromb Haemost 92:550-8. 2004..Furthermore, since TNF-alpha is capable of inducing COX-2, inhibition of TNF-alpha production by AT might inhibit COX-2-mediated PGE(2) production. These effects induced by AT might contribute to its anti-inflammatory activity...
- Prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase (PTGS1 and PTGS2) expression and prostaglandin production by normal monkey ovarian surface epitheliumRafael A Cabrera
The Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Fertil Steril 86:1088-96. 2006..To determine whether hCG regulates the expression of prostaglandin (PG) synthesis enzymes and the production of PGs by normal monkey ovarian surface epithelium (OSE)...
- Retinol and estradiol regulation of retinol binding protein and prostaglandin production by porcine uterine epithelial cells in vitroP G Groothuis
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Anim Sci 80:2688-94. 2002..and coincident with elongation of conceptuses, retinol, retinol binding protein (RBP), estradiol (E2), and prostaglandins E (PGE) and F (PGF) increase in the uterine lumen, and RBP mRNA increases in the endometrium...
- Investigations into the mechanisms controlling prostaglandin production by the guinea-pig placenta: roles of calcium and gonadotrophin-releasing hormoneH Aitken
Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 66:403-11. 2002..On the sub-placenta, GnRH had an initial inhibitory action on the outputs of PGF(2alpha) and 6-keto-PGF(1 alpha), which was then followed by a stimulation of the outputs of PGF(2 alpha) and, to a lesser extent, of PGE(2)...
- The role of cyclooxygenases and prostanoid receptorsin furosemide-like salt losing tubulopathy: the hyperprostaglandin E syndromeR M Nüsing
Department of Pediatrics, Philipp s University, Marburg, Germany
Acta Physiol Scand 181:523-8. 2004..Aspects to prostaglandin synthesis and receptor-mediated function within the kidney in patients suffering from hyperprostaglandin E syndrome/antenatal Bartter syndrome will be discussed...
- The influence of prostaglandins, cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase inhibitors on collagen concentration in the rat uterine cervixA Bienkiewicz
Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Horm Metab Res 27:79-82. 1995..The results of the study suggest that cervical collagen concentration is controlled at least in part by prostaglandins and leukotrienes...
- Influence of vedaprofen (Quadrisol) on quality and freezability of stallion semenF Janett
Clinic of Reproduction, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Theriogenology 64:1867-77. 2005..05) effect on motility, normal sperm and sperm with nuclear vacuoles in fresh semen...
- Prostaglandins of the E-series inhibit connective tissue proliferation in the liver wound of the ratA Arend
Department of Anatomy, University of Tartu, Biomedicum, Ravila 19, 51014 Tartu, Estonia
Ann Anat 187:57-62. 2005..We believe that the rat thermic liver wound model can be used for different studies on wound healing mechanisms and that prostaglandins of the E-series are involved in wound healing in the specific time period studied...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of phenolic compounds isolated from the fruits of Artocarpus heterophyllusSong Chwan Fang
Department of Food Nutrition, Chung Hwa University of Medical Technology, 89 Wenhwa First St, Tainan 71703, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 56:4463-8. 2008..Thus, artocarpesin ( 1) may provide a potential therapeutic approach for inflammation-associated disorders...
- Prostaglandin F synthaseKikuko Watanabe
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Integrated Sciences and Arts, University of East Asia, Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 68:401-7. 2002..Here, these three pathways of PGF synthesis by these enzymes are reviewed, and the physiological roles of the enzymes are discussed...
- Do lithium and anticonvulsants target the brain arachidonic acid cascade in bipolar disorder?Stanley I Rapoport
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, Bldg 10, Room 6N202, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:592-6. 2002..Lithium and certain anticonvulsants, including carbamazepine and valproic acid, are effective antimanic drugs for treating bipolar disorder, but their mechanisms of action remain uncertain...
- Isolevuglandins, a novel class of isoprostenoid derivatives, function as integrated sensors of oxidant stress and are generated by myeloperoxidase in vivoEugenia Poliakov
Department of Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
FASEB J 17:2209-20. 2003..The present studies thus identify MPO as one pathway for generation of isoLGs in vivo. They also suggest that long-lived protein isoLG adducts may serve as an alternative integrated sensor of oxidant stress in vivo...
- Bone-targeting macromolecular therapeuticsDong Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry CCCD, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 57:1049-76. 2005..Successful clinical application of this approach can significantly contribute to the development of treatments for many musculoskeletal diseases...
- Prostaglandin facilitates afferent nerve activity via EP1 receptors during urinary bladder inflammation in ratsMakoto Ikeda
Department of Neurophysiology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Biomed Res 27:49-54. 2006..EP1 receptors in the peripheral afferent nerve terminal and/or urothelium may facilitate the primary afferent nerve activity, which elicits the inflammation-induced micturition reflex...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha expression in human endometrium and its regulation by prostaglandin E-series prostanoid receptor 2 (EP2)Hilary O D Critchley
University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Building, Scotland, UK
Endocrinology 147:744-53. 2006....
- Infection of human dendritic cells with herpes simplex virus type 1 dramatically diminishes the mRNA levels of the prostaglandin E(2) receptors EP2 and EP4Alexandros A Theodoridis
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Hartmannstrasse 14, 91052, Erlangen, Germany
Immunobiology 212:827-38. 2007..Additional real-time PCR and migration assays with a Deltavhs mutant virus lacking the virion host shutoff (vhs) gene implicate a vhs independent mechanism. Therefore, our results suggest a novel immune evasion strategy for HSV-1...
- [Regulation of prostaglandin E molecular network in mammalian reproduction]Li Ming Luan
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030
Sheng Li Ke Xue Jin Zhan 36:209-14. 2005..They compose a delicate network, which plays important roles in mammalian reproduction, especially in most processes of female reproduction...
- In vitro effects of eicosanoids derived from different 20-carbon fatty acids on T helper type 1 and T helper type 2 cytokine production in human whole-blood culturesE A Miles
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:624-32. 2003..The effects of the different series of PGs and LTs on production of T helper type 1 (Th1) and Th2 cytokines by human cells are not well established...
- Tumor growth inhibition by simultaneously blocking epidermal growth factor receptor and cyclooxygenase-2 in a xenograft modelXin Zhang
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:6261-9. 2005..However, an in vivo efficacy of this combined treatment in SCCHN has not been studied...
- Matrix metalloproteinase secretion by gastric epithelial cells is regulated by E prostaglandins and MAPKsMichael H Pillinger
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9973-9. 2005..pylori infection and/or cyclooxygenase inhibition may induce epithelial cell signaling to contribute to gastric ulcerogenesis...
- PGE(2) in the regulation of programmed erythrocyte deathP A Lang
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Cell Death Differ 12:415-28. 2005..In conclusion, hyperosmotic shock or Cl(-) removal stimulates erythrocyte PS exposure through PGE(2) formation and subsequent activation of Ca(2+)-permeable cation channels...
- Differential regulation of prostaglandin E biosynthesis by interferon-gamma in colonic epithelial cellsKaren L Wright
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY
Br J Pharmacol 141:1091-7. 2004..This may have important implications for the clinical use of IFN gamma in inflammatory diseases...
- Inhibitory effect of a selective cyclooxygenase inhibitor on the invasion-stimulating activity of orthotopic fibroblasts for scirrhous gastric cancer cellsMasashige Tendo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:451-5. 2005....
- Effect of exercise on levels of cyclo-oxygenase mediators in exhaled breath condensate in elite athletesJ M Pucsok
National Institute for Sports Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 47:223-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of symptom-limited exercise on the levels of prostaglandin E(2) (PGE2) and thromboxane B2 (TXB2) in the airways of elite sportsmen...
- Response to dual blockade of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and cycloxygenase-2 in nonsmall cell lung cancer may be dependent on the EGFR mutational status of the tumorShirish M Gadgeel
Division of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer 110:2775-84. 2007..Therefore, it was hypothesized that tumor EGFR mutation status may influence the effectiveness of simultaneous EGFR and COX-2 inhibition in patients with NSCLC...
- The effect of single-dose naproxen on eicosanoid formation in human gastroduodenal mucosaG Treiber
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:155-67. 2006..In animal studies, aspirin and non-aspirin non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs contribute to gastroduodenal damage via cyclo-oxygenase inhibition and consecutive leucotriene formation (COX-LOX eicosanoid shunt)...
- Efficacy and specificity of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the inhibition of cytokine-stimulated prostaglandin E(2) secretion by amnion-derived WISH cellsT A Sato
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 66:525-7. 2002..The results of this study suggest that PGHS-II-selective NSAIDs may be effective in the prevention of cytokine-driven amnion PG production associated with preterm labour...
- The impact of induced stress during days 13 and 14 of pregnancy on the composition of allantoic fluid and conceptus development in sowsPia Razdan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala CRU, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU, P O Box 7039, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Theriogenology 61:757-67. 2004..It is, therefore, suggested that P4 influences the placenta size among food-deprived sows...
- Effect of mifepristone on pregnancy, pregnancy-specific protein B (PSPB), progesterone, estradiol-17beta, prostaglandin F2alpha (PGF2alpha) and prostaglandin E (PGE) in ovariectomized 90-day pregnant ewesY S Weems
Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 70:195-208. 2002....
- Evidence that 5-lipoxygenase and acetylated cyclooxygenase 2-derived eicosanoids regulate leukocyte-endothelial adherence in response to aspirinStefano Fiorucci
Clinica di Gastroenterologia ed Epatologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 139:1351-9. 2003....
- Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1), but not prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), alters luteal and endometrial luteinizing hormone (LH) occupied and unoccupied LH receptors and mRNA for LH receptors in ovine luteal tissue to prevent luteolysisY S Weems
Dept of HNFAS, University of Hawaii, 1955 East West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 91:42-50. 2010..Instead, the embryo imparts a resistance to PGF(2)alpha. Prostaglandins E (PGE; PGE(1)+PGE(2)) are increased in endometrium and uterine venous blood during early pregnancy in ewes to ..
- Influence of low-dose polyunsaturated fatty acids supplementation on the inflammatory response of healthy adultsRalf Schubert
Department of Pediatrics, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Nutrition 23:724-30. 2007....
- Dipetalodipin, a novel multifunctional salivary lipocalin that inhibits platelet aggregation, vasoconstriction, and angiogenesis through unique binding specificity for TXA2, PGF2alpha, and 15(S)-HETETeresa C F Assumpção
Vector Biology Section, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8132, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39001-12. 2010..Results suggest that DPTL blocks platelet aggregation, vasoconstriction, and angiogenesis through binding to distinct eicosanoids involved in inflammation...
- Natural products as a gold mine for arthritis treatmentDinesh Khanna
Division of Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 7:344-51. 2007....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in human trabecular meshwork cellsIok Hou Pang
Alcon Research, Ltd, Fort Worth, Texas 76134, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3485-93. 2003..The purpose of this study was to characterize effects of cytokines, a phorbol ester, and prostanoids on the expression of MMP-1, -2, -3, and -9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and -2 in cultured human TM cells...
- Role of prostanoids and endothelins in the prevention of cyclosporine-induced nephrotoxicityI E Darlametsos
Centre Franco Hellénique de Recherches Biomédicales, Nikolaos Papanikolaou, Corporation of the Municipality Agrinion, Agrinion, 30100, Greece
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 64:231-9. 2001..All these protective agents elevated ratios of excreted renal prostanoid vasodilators (prostaglandins E(2), 6ketoF(1 alpha)) to vasoconstrictor (thromboxane B(2)), a ratio which was decreased by the administration ..
- Mechanisms mediating the oxygen-induced vasoreactivity of the ductus arteriosus in the chicken embryoHenry Greyner
Department of Biological Science, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas 76203 5017, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1647-59. 2008..b>Prostaglandins E(2), F(2alpha), and D(2) produce significant contraction of the proximal DA...
- Allicin and disulfiram enhance platelet integrin alphaIIbbeta3-fibrinogen bindingYoav Manaster
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute and Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Thromb Res 124:477-82. 2009..The present study is aimed to support the hypothesis that prevention of specific alphaIIbbeta3 intra-molecular disulfide bond formation increases receptor-ligand binding activity...
- Beneficial effects of a diet rich in a mixture of n - 6/n - 3 essential fatty acids and of their metabolites on cyclosporine - nephrotoxicityGeorge Tsipas
Laboratory of Zoology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management School of Natural Resources and Enterprises Management University of Ioannina, 301 00, Agrinio, Greece
J Nutr Biochem 14:626-32. 2003....
- Beneficial effects of a diet rich in a mixture of n - 6/n - 3 essential fatty acids and of their metabolites on cyclosporine - nephrotoxicityGeorge Tsipas
Laboratory of Zoology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management School of Natural Resources and Enterprises Management University of Ioannina, 301 00, Agrinio, Greece
J Nutr Biochem 14:480-6. 2003....
- Resistin impairs endothelium-dependent dilation to bradykinin, but not acetylcholine, in the coronary circulationGregory M Dick
Dept of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2997-3002. 2006..The site of the resistin-induced impairment is unknown but may be at the bradykinin receptor or a closely associated signal transduction machinery proximal to NO synthase or cyclooxygenase...
- Prostaglandin E2 primes naive T cells for the production of anti-inflammatory cytokinesC E Demeure
Universite de Montreal, Centre de Recherche Louis Charles Simard, Hopital Notre Dame, Montreal, Canada
Eur J Immunol 27:3526-31. 1997In addition to their capacity to induce pain, vasodilatation and fever, prostaglandins E (PGE) exert anti-inflammatory activities by inhibiting the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines by macrophages and T cells, and by increasing ..
- Amygdalin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced expressions of cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase in mouse BV2 microglial cellsHye Young Yang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Neurol Res 29:S59-64. 2007..We made an aqueous extraction of amygdalin from Armeniacae semen. In this study, the effect of amygdalin on the lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammation was investigated...
- Activity, synthesis, storage, and messenger RNA of cyclooxygenase in intrauterine tissues of guinea pigs near term and during laborJ C Schellenberg
Research Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 68:291-8. 2003..In this study in guinea pigs, COX activity was estimated from the net production rates of prostaglandins E(2) and F(2alpha) in the presence of optimal substrate concentrations...
- An improved LC-MS/MS method for the quantification of prostaglandins E(2) and D(2) production in biological fluidsHongmei Cao
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Anal Biochem 372:41-51. 2008....
- Regulation of prostaglandin production by nitric oxide; an in vivo analysisD Salvemini
G D Searle, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Louis, MO 63167, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:1171-8. 1995....
- Prostanoids as friends, not foes: further evidence from the interference by cycloxygenase-inhibitory drugs when inducing tolerance to experimental arthritigens in ratsMichael W Whitehouse
Therapeutics Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
Inflammopharmacology 12:481-92. 2005..and chronic inflammation, e.g., Lyprinol (a mussel lipid extract)...
- Chemical properties of bronchorrhea sputum in bronchial asthmaS Shimura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Chest 94:1211-5. 1988..sputum samples were chemically examined using ten parameters: dry weight, albumin, IgA, pH, Na+, Cl-, K+, prostaglandins E and F and histamine, and compared with eight saliva samples and 17 mucoid sputum samples...
- Inhibition of prostaglandin F(2alpha) by selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors accounts for reduced rat leukocyte migrationGustavo Batista de Menezes
Laboratório de Inflamação e Dor, Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte 31270 901, Brazil
Inflammation 29:163-9. 2005..b>Prostaglandins E(2) and F(2alpha) were injected into the peritoneum and the chemoatractant effect was studied...
- Molecular mechanisms of penile erectionManuel Mas
Departamento de Fisiología y Centro de Estudios Sexológicos, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 63:589-98. 2010..cAMP) pathway activated by various intercellular messengers from neural or paracrine sources, including prostaglandins E (PGE)...
- Calcium-dependent diuretic system in preascitic liver cirrhosisG Sansoe
Division of Gastroenterology, Gradenigo Hospital, Torino, Italy
J Hepatol 53:856-62. 2010..Ca(++) activates cell membrane calcium-sensing receptors (CaRs), leading to renal tubule production of prostaglandins E(2) (PGE(2)), which decrease both sodium reabsorption in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop and free-..
- Development and validation of an on-line two-dimensional reversed-phase liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the simultaneous determination of prostaglandins E(2) and F(2alpha) and 13,14-dihydro-15-keto prostaglandin F(2alpha) levels Junji Komaba
Pharmacokinetic Research Laboratories, Ono Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 23:315-23. 2009..The mean concentrations for each analyte were 0.755 pg/mL for PGE(2), 5.70 pg/mL for PGF(2alpha) and 9.48 pg/mL for F(2alpha)-M...
- Microvascular in vivo assessment of reperfusion injury: significance of prostaglandin E(1) and I(2) in postischemic "no-reflow" and "reflow-paradox"Stefan Tauber
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Surg Res 120:1-11. 2004..The objectives of this study were to elucidate the impact of both prostaglandins E(1) (PGE(1)) and I(2) (PGI(2)) in microvascular reperfusion injury, with special focus on the distinct ..
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and levels of prostaglandin E2 and 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 in human breast cancer and metastasisAlaa F Badawi
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Cancer 103:84-90. 2003..The purpose of our study was to examine the relationship between COX-2 (with the resulting prostaglandins E(2), PGE(2)) and PPARgamma (and its natural endogenous ligand 15-Deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J(2), 15d-..
- Cell-cell contacts trigger programmed necrosis and induce cyclooxygenase-2 expressionJ Bizik
Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, POB 21, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cell Death Differ 11:183-95. 2004..Induction of COX-2 expression was accompanied by greatly enhanced production of the prostaglandins E(2), I(2), and F(2alpha)...
- Fluid secretion by gallbladder mucosa in experimental cholecystitis is influenced by intramural nervesL Jivegård
Department of Surgery I, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Dig Dis Sci 32:1389-94. 1987..In the obstructed gallbladder, this secretion causes gallbladder distension by increasing the intraluminal pressure. This mechanism may have a key role in the pathophysiology of acute cholecystitis...
- Natural honey lowers plasma prostaglandin concentrations in normal individualsNoori S Al-Waili
Dubai Specialized Medical Center and Medical Research Laboratories, Islamic Establishment for Education, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
J Med Food 6:129-33. 2003..At day 15, plasma concentrations of thromboxane B(2), PGE(2), and PGF(2a) were decreased by 48%, 63%, and 50%, respectively. It may be concluded that honey can lower the concentrations of prostaglandins in plasma of normal individuals...
- Enhanced releasability of prostaglandin E2 and leukotrienes B4 and C4 from leukocytes of patients with atopic eczemaT Ruzicka
Department of Dermatology, University of Munich, FRG
Acta Derm Venereol 67:469-75. 1987..Thus, our data support the hypothesis of enhanced releasability of inflammatory mediators in atopic eczema...
- Total dietary fat and fatty acid content modifies plasma phospholipid fatty acids, desaturase activity indices, and urinary prostaglandin E in womenSusan K Raatz
ARS, USDA, Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
Nutr Res 32:1-7. 2012....
- Identification of a novel class of anti-inflammatory compounds with anti-tumor activity in colorectal and lung cancersHui Hua Chang
Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1865-77. 2012..p. of PGE0001 at 100 mg/kg decreases serum PGE(2) levels in mice within 5 h. In summary, our data suggest that the identified compound PGE0001 exerts anti-tumor activity via the inhibition of the PGE(2) synthesis pathway...
- 15-Deoxy-Δ(12,14)-prostaglandin J(2) interferes inducible synthesis of prostaglandins E(2) and F(2α) that suppress subsequent adipogenesis program in cultured preadipocytesAbu Asad Chowdhury
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shimane University, Nishikawatsu cho, Matsue, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 95:53-62. 2011..Taken together, 15d-PGJ(2) can interfere the COX pathway leading to the induced synthesis of endogenous PGs that contribute to negative regulation of adipogenesis program in preadipocytes...
- Use of a cAMP BRET sensor to characterize a novel regulation of cAMP by the sphingosine 1-phosphate/G13 pathwayLily I Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, Alliance for Cellular Signaling, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9196, USA
J Biol Chem 282:10576-84. 2007..Thus in these macrophage cells, all four major classes of G proteins can regulate intracellular cAMP...
- Structure-function analysis of murine interleukin 1: biologically active polypeptides are at least 127 amino acids long and are derived from the carboxyl terminus of a 270-amino acid precursorT M DeChiara
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:8303-7. 1986..This amino-terminal end flexibility supports a processing model for IL-1 maturation that partially explains IL-1 polypeptide heterogeneity...
- Effects of two novel inhibitors of 5-lipoxygenase, L-651,392 and L-651,896, in a guinea-pig model of epidermal hyperproliferationC C Chan
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Frosst Canada, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec
Eur J Pharmacol 139:11-8. 1987..It was suggested that L-651,392 and L-651,896 inhibited the ionophore-induced epidermal proliferation via their inhibitory action on the 5-lipoxygenase pathway of arachidonic acid metabolism...
- Isolevuglandins, oxidatively truncated phospholipids, and atherosclerosisRobert G Salomon
Department of Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 7078, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1043:327-42. 2005....
- PGH2-derived levuglandin adducts increase the neurotoxicity of amyloid beta1-42Olivier Boutaud
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville 37232 6602, Tennessee, USA
J Neurochem 96:917-23. 2006....
- The in vitro 5-lipoxygenase and cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor L-652,343 does not inhibit 5-lipoxygenase in vivo in human skinR M Barr
Institute of Dermatology, United Medical School, Guys Hospital, London
Br J Clin Pharmacol 25:23-6. 1988..This shows the importance of confirming that the action of 5-lipoxygenase inhibiting drugs in vitro occurs in vivo...
- The in vitro effect of a lyophilized extract of wine obtained from Jacquez grapes on human chondrocytesA M Panico
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Catania, V le A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Phytomedicine 13:522-6. 2006..of JW-E on the production of key molecules released during chronic inflammatory events as nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandins E(2) (PGE(2)) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) in human chondrocytes culture, stimulated with proinflammatory ..
- Characterization of receptors involved in the direct and indirect actions of prostaglandins E and I on the guinea-pig ileumR A Lawrence
Department of Pharmacology, University of Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 105:271-8. 1992..7. In view of the complexity of prostanoid action on the guinea-pig ileum we feel that the preparation must be used with caution to ascertain the EPl agonist or antagonist potencies of novel compounds...
- Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 and invasiveness by transforming growth factor-beta(1) in immortalized mouse colonocytes expressing oncogenic RasChristopher D Roman
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2730, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 6:304-9. 2002..Increased COX-2 expression was correlated with increased release of prostaglandins E(2) and I(2)...
- Prostaglandin E(2) mediates acid-induced heartburn in healthy volunteersTakashi Kondo
Division of Upper Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G568-73. 2013..80, P = 0.029). EP1 mRNA and protein expression were observed in the normal human esophageal mucosa. Esophageal PGE(2) expression is associated with mucosal acid exposure and heartburn...
- Content and formation of prostaglandins and distribution of prostaglandin-related enzyme activities in the rat ocular systemY Goh
Hayaishi Bioinformation Transfer Project, Research Development Corporation of Japan, Kyoto
Biochim Biophys Acta 921:302-11. 1987..5 mM). The activity of the dehydrogenase was low even in the retina, the tissue with the highest levels (0.51, 0.35 and 0.15 nmol/min per g for prostaglandin E2, F2 alpha and D2, respectively)...
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2-derived prostanoids contributes to the hyperreactivity to noradrenaline in mesenteric resistance arteries from offspring of diabetic ratsFernanda E Ramos-Alves
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e50593. 2012..Release of thromboxane A(2) (TxA(2)) and prostaglandins E(2) (PGE(2)) and F(2α) (PGF(2α)), was measured by specific enzyme immunoassay kits...
- Rhynchophylline attenuates LPS-induced pro-inflammatory responses through down-regulation of MAPK/NF-κB signaling pathways in primary microgliaYu Song
Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
Phytother Res 26:1528-33. 2012..The results showed that RIN markedly reduced the production of nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandins E(2) (PGE(2) ), monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP-1), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin-1β ..
- Localization of isoketal adducts in vivo using a single-chain antibodySean S Davies
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 36:1163-74. 2004..We conclude that isoketal adducts form in epithelial cells as a result of high oxygen exposure and that this single-chain antibody provides a valuable tool to localize the formation of isoketal adducts in tissues in vivo...
- Inflamm-aging and arachadonic acid metabolite differences with stage of tendon diseaseStephanie Georgina Dakin
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hatfield, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e48978. 2012..Levels of prostaglandins E(2) (PGE(2)), F(2α) (PGF(2α)), lipoxin A(4) (LXA(4)) and its receptor FPR2/ALX were analysed in extracts of ..
- Prostaglandin (F and E, 2- and 3-series) production and cyclooxygenase (COX-2) gene expression of wild and cultured broodstock of Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis)Fernando Norambuena
IRTA Sant Carles de la Ràpita, Ctra Poble Nou Km 6, 43540 Sant Carles de la Rapita, Tarragona, Spain
Gen Comp Endocrinol 177:256-62. 2012....
- Adrenal gland responses to lipopolysaccharide after stress and ethanol administration in male ratsC E Mohn
Centro de Estudios Farmacol gicos y Bot nicos CEFYBO CONICET UBA, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, 1121ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
Stress 14:216-26. 2011..Therefore, we conclude that moderate alcohol consumption could attenuate the effects of psychophysical stress and impair an inflammatory response...
- Full automation of solid-phase microextraction/on-fiber derivatization for simultaneous determination of endocrine-disrupting chemicals and steroid hormones by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryLihua Yang
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, People s Republic of China
Anal Bioanal Chem 386:391-7. 2006..The developed fully automated SPME and on-fiber silylation procedures showed satisfactory applications in environmental analysis and the performances show improved precision and a reduced analysis time compared to the manual method...
- Role of T cells and PPARgamma in Graves' orbital fibroblast adipogenesisRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new information will permit the development of new approaches to control inflammation and the pathologic differentiation of orbital fibroblasts important for TAO and other diseases that involve fat deposition. ..
- Relevance of fish oil derived PGE3 to lung cancerRobert Newman; Fiscal Year: 2004..To evaluate the relative efficacy of EPA, DHA and fish oil (containing both fatty acids) in prevention of tumor growth and its correlation to alteration of eicosanoid metabolism in a mouse model of human lung cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF OXIDATIVE MODIFICATION OF LDLROBERT GERD SALOMON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our research is aimed at understanding why there is an accumulation of cholesterol in these cells because of their inability to efficiently break down the oxLDL and clear the released cholesterol. ..
- GENE SPECIFIC MUTATIONS IN SKIN INDUCED BY PEROXYNITRITEFredika Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The hypothesis driving this research is that NO and peroxynitrite are mutagenic, and could be important contributors to oxidative DNA damage and mutation in human epidermal keratinocytes at sites of inflammation. ..
- Prevention of Breast Cancer-Targeting COX-2 & PPARgammaALAA BADAWI; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Air Pollution and Central Nervous System DiseaseLilian Calderon Garciduenas; Fiscal Year: 2008..The Award will give me the opportunity to build new skills in 4 areas: Molecular Biology, DNA Damage, Developmental / Neurodegenerative Neuropathology, and to gain experience in grantsmanship. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurotoxicity of Chronic Exposure to Air PollutionLilian Calderon Garciduenas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN STATUS AND THE FUNCTION OF CORONARY ARTERIESVIRGINIA MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experiments of this proposal take such an approach using molecular to integrated whole animal physiology. ..