Genomes and Genes
Summary: A biologically active principle of SRS-A that is formed from LEUKOTRIENE D4 via a peptidase reaction that removes the glycine residue. The biological actions of LTE4 are similar to LTC4 and LTD4. (From Dictionary of Prostaglandins and Related Compounds, 1990)
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Increased urinary leukotriene E4 excretion in obstructive sleep apnea: effects of obesity and hypoxiaFrançoise Stanke-Labesque
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Grenoble, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:364-70, 370.e1-2. 2009..However, the respective contribution of intermittent hypoxia and confounders, such as obesity, is still debated...
- Leukotriene E4-induced pulmonary inflammation is mediated by the P2Y12 receptorSailaja Paruchuri
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 206:2543-55. 2009..Thus, the P2Y12 receptor is required for proinflammatory actions of the stable abundant mediator LTE4 and is a novel potential therapeutic target for asthma...
- Leukotriene E4 activates human Th2 cells for exaggerated proinflammatory cytokine production in response to prostaglandin D2Luzheng Xue
Oxford Biomedical Research Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Immunol 188:694-702. 2012..These findings reveal that cysLTs, in particular LTE(4), have a significant proinflammatory impact on T cells and demonstrate their effects on Th2 cells are mediated by a montelukast-sensitive receptor...
- Pediatric biomarkers in asthma: exhaled nitric oxide, sputum eosinophils and leukotriene E4Shaila Gogate
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 8:154-7. 2008..Three biomarkers, fractional exhaled nitric oxide, sputum eosinophils and leukotriene E4 in the urine and exhaled breath condensate, have been heavily investigated.
- Urinary leukotriene E4 excretion is increased in type 1 diabetic patients: a quantification by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryGaëlle Hardy
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Laboratory HP2 INSERM ESPRI EA3745, University of Medicine, F 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 78:291-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate (1) the urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in type 1 diabetic subjects and healthy volunteers and (2) the influence of glycemic control attested ..
- Leukotriene E4 activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and induces prostaglandin D2 generation by human mast cellsSailaja Paruchuri
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:16477-87. 2008..This LTE(4)-selective receptor-mediated pathway may explain the unique physiologic responses of human airways to LTE(4) in vivo...
- Increased urinary leukotriene excretion in patients with cardiac ischemia. In vivo evidence for 5-lipoxygenase activationM Carry
H L and Ruth Ray Hunt Heart Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Tex
Circulation 85:230-6. 1992..Accordingly, urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 (LTE4), the major urinary metabolite of peptide leukotrienes in humans, was measured in patients admitted to ..
- Increased production of cysteinyl leukotrienes in hepatorenal syndromeK P Moore
Liver Unit, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, United Kingdom
J Hepatol 11:263-71. 1990..Urinary leukotriene E4, the major metabolite of leukotrienes C4 and D4, was elevated in patients with hepatorenal syndrome (17...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 in preschool children with acute clinical viral wheezeA Oommen
Leicester Children s Asthma Centre, Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Eur Respir J 21:149-54. 2003..Therefore, evidence for increased production of cystLTs in PVW was sought. Urinary leukotriene E4 (uLTE4) and serum total immunoglobulin (Ig)E were measured in children (1-5 yrs) with PVW during an acute ..
- Urinary leukotriene E4, obesity, and adenotonsillar hypertrophy in Chinese children with sleep disordered breathingYuelin Shen
Respiratory Department, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Sleep 34:1135-041. 2011..The objective of the study was to investigate the relationship of LT productions with severity of SDB, obesity, and adenotonsillar hypertrophy in children...
- Increased urinary leukotriene E4 and eosinophil protein X excretion in patients with interstitial cystitisK Bouchelouche
Smooth Muscle Laboratory, Departments of Urology and Pathology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Pharmacia Upjohn, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Urol 166:2121-5. 2001..b>Leukotriene E4, the end product of cysteinyl containing leukotrienes, and eosinophil protein X are markers of the activation ..
- Urinary leukotriene E4 is associated with renal function but not with endothelial function in type 2 diabetesArnar Rafnsson
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute and Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Dis Markers 35:475-80. 2013..Urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) is a validated disease marker of asthma and increases also in diabetes and acute coronary syndromes...
- Lipoxygenase products in the urine correlate with renal function and body temperature but not with acute transplant rejectionStephan W Reinhold
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II Nephrologie, Universitat Regensburg, Franz Josef Straus Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Lipids 48:167-75. 2013....
- Aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA) assessment using the urinary biomarkers, leukotriene E4 (LTE4) and prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) metabolitesNoritaka Higashi
Clinical Research Center for Allergy and Rheumatology, National Hospital Organization, Sagamihara National Hospital, 18 1 Sakuradai, Minami Ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergol Int 61:393-403. 2012..A comprehensive analysis of the urinary concentration of inflammatory mediators may afford a new research target in elucidating the pathophysiology of AIA...
- Urinary leukotriene E4/exhaled nitric oxide ratio and montelukast response in childhood asthmaNathan Rabinovitch
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health and the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colo 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:545-51.e1-4. 2010..A subset of children with asthma respond better to leukotriene receptor antagonists than to inhaled corticosteroids. Information is needed to identify children with these preferential responses...
- Elevated urinary leukotriene E4 excretion in patients with ARDS and severe burnsJ Y Westcott
CVP Research Lab, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 43:151-8. 1991..In certain situations, urinary LTE4 levels may be useful as a marker of the degree of inflammation...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 in bronchial asthmaC M Smith
Dept of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Eur Respir J 5:693-9. 1992b>Leukotriene E4 (LTE4) is excreted into the urine in a relatively constant proportion of 4-7% when either leukotriene C4 (LTC4) or LTE4 is intravenously infused, regardless of the magnitude of the infused dose...
- An examination of the influence of the epithelium on contractile responses to peptidoleukotrienes and blockade by ICI 204,219 in isolated guinea pig trachea and human intralobar airwaysC K Buckner
Department of Pharmacology, ICI Pharmaceuticals Group, ICI Americas Inc, Wilmington, Delaware
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 252:77-85. 1990..These data suggest that contractile responses of guinea pig trachea to LTE4 are modulated by LTE4-induced release of 5-lipoxygenase product(s) only when the epithelium is present.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Improvement of aspirin-intolerant asthma by montelukast, a leukotriene antagonist: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSven Erik Dahlen
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:9-14. 2002..Addition of a leukotriene receptor antagonist such as montelukast improves asthma in aspirin-intolerant patients over and above what can be achieved by glucocorticosteroids...
- Characterization of the human cysteinyl leukotriene 2 receptorC E Heise
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:30531-6. 2000....
- Leukotriene E4 and granulocytic infiltration into asthmatic airwaysL A Laitinen
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Lancet 341:989-90. 1993..Since LTE4 recruits granulocytes, the potential of antisulphidopeptide leukotriene drugs as anti-inflammatory and "steroid-sparing" agents should be tested...
- Identification of endogenous surrogate ligands for human P2Y12 receptors by in silico and in vitro methodsYosuke Nonaka
Laboratory of Pharmcoinformatics, Department of Bioinformatics, Ritsumeikan University, Kusatsu, Shiga 525 8577, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:281-8. 2005..The analyses showed that the P2Y12, P2Y13, P2Y14, GPR87, CysLT-1, and CysLT-2 receptors formed a P2Y-related receptor subfamily with common sequence motifs in the transmembrane regions...
- Functional recognition of a distinct receptor preferential for leukotriene E4 in mice lacking the cysteinyl leukotriene 1 and 2 receptorsAkiko Maekawa
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16695-700. 2008..Our findings establish the existence of a third receptor, CysLT(E)R, that responds preferentially to LTE(4), the most abundant cys-LT in biologic fluids, and thus reveal a new target for therapeutic intervention...
- Polymorphisms of cyclo-oxygenases and 5-lipo-oxygenase-activating protein are associated with chronic spontaneous urticaria and urinary leukotriene E4Gabriele Di Lorenzo
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e delle Patologie Emergenti, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 21:47-52. 2011..We also examined the levels of urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) before and after challenge with ASA...
- The leukotriene E4 puzzle: finding the missing pieces and revealing the pathobiologic implicationsK Frank Austen
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:406-14; quiz 415-6. 2009..These findings prompt a renewed focus on LTE(4) receptors as therapeutic targets that are not currently addressed by available receptor antagonists...
- Urinary cysteinyl leukotriene E4 significantly increases during pain in children and adults with sickle cell diseaseJoshua J Field
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Hematol 84:231-3. 2009Baseline level of the cysteinyl leukotriene (CysLT), leukotriene E4 (LTE4), is associated with an increased pain rate in children and adults with sickle cell disease (SCD)...
- Urinary leukotriene E4Nathan Rabinovitch
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 27:651-64; vii. 2007Measurement of urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) is a sensitive and noninvasive method of assaying total body cysteinyl leukotriene production and changes in cysteinyl leukotriene levels in specific microenvironments, such as the airway...
- Elevated urinary leukotriene E4 levels are associated with hospitalization for pain in children with sickle cell diseaseJeanine E Jennings
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Hematol 83:640-3. 2008..52 episodes per 100 patient-years, P = 0.038). LTE(4) levels are elevated in children with SCD when compared with controls. LTE(4) levels are associated with an increased rate of hospitalizations for pain...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 levels after allergen and exercise challenge in bronchial asthmaC M Smith
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am Rev Respir Dis 144:1411-3. 1991Urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations were measured in six asthmatic subjects after treadmill exercise, and in five asthmatic subjects after allergen challenge...
- Leukotriene E4 elimination and metabolism in normal human subjectsA Sala
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Denver 80206
J Biol Chem 265:21771-8. 1990..The major metabolites of LTE4 might be useful in assessing in vivo production of sulfidopeptide leukotrienes in humans...
- Increased leukotriene E4 in the exhaled breath condensate of children with mild asthmaAtsushi Shibata
Department of Pediatrics, The Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Chest 130:1718-22. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between EBC cys-LTs (LTE(4)) levels and bronchial hyperreactivity in children with mild asthma in order to evaluate the clinical utility of measuring EBC cys-LTs levels...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 and 9 alpha, 11 beta-prostaglandin F concentrations in mild, moderate and severe asthma, and in healthy subjectsN L A Misso
Cooperative Research Centre for Asthma, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 34:624-31. 2004..Measurement of urinary metabolites of these eicosanoids may be useful for monitoring asthma patients. However, the influence of asthma phenotype and severity on basal urinary excretion of these metabolites is unknown...
- The mechanism of LTE4-induced histamine hyperresponsiveness in guinea-pig tracheal and human bronchial smooth muscle, in vitroC A Jacques
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 104:859-66. 19911. Preincubation of guinea-pig tracheal smooth muscle with leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in vitro increased its subsequent responsiveness to histamine. 2...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 levels during early and late asthmatic responsesP J Manning
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 86:211-20. 1990..68; p = 0.001). No significant increase in urinary LTE4 levels occurred during the LAR. These results suggest that the LTE4 precursors, LTC4 and LTD4, are important bronchoconstrictor mediators causing EARs after allergen inhalation...
- Urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 and 11-dehydro-thromboxane B2 in response to bronchial provocations with allergen, aspirin, leukotriene D4, and histamine in asthmaticsM Kumlin
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:96-103. 1992..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Manganese enhances peroxynitrite and leukotriene E4 formation in bovine aortic endothelial cells exposed to arsenicMelisa Bunderson
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Environmental Health Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, 59812, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 6:15-23. 2006..Arsenic exposure also increases leukotriene E4 (LTE4) formation in both the mice and BAECs, an effect that is partially reversed by the addition of Nomega-..
- The relative responsiveness to inhaled leukotriene E4, methacholine and histamine in normal and asthmatic subjectsS P O'Hickey
Department of Medicine, United Medical School, Guy s Hospital, London, U K
Eur Respir J 1:913-7. 1988The relative bronchoconstricting potencies of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) methacholine and histamine have been compared in asthmatic and normal subjects...
- Differential effects of fluticasone propionate on allergen-evoked bronchoconstriction and increased urinary leukotriene E4 excretionR Wellings
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Am Rev Respir Dis 147:1472-6. 1993Allergen challenge is associated with an increased excretion of urinary leukotriene E4. The source of this increase is unknown, although the lack of effect of inhaled beta-agonists and sodium cromoglycate suggests that airway mast cells ..
- Clinical features of asthmatic patients with increased urinary leukotriene E4 excretion (hyperleukotrienuria): Involvement of chronic hyperplastic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposisNoritaka Higashi
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:277-83. 2004The urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) concentration is significantly increased in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA)...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 after lysine-aspirin inhalation in asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Swiss Institute for Asthma and Allergy Research, Davos
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:1531-4. 1992The FEV1 and urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations were determined in six aspirin-sensitive and six non-aspirin-sensitive asthmatic subjects before and after inhalation challenge with lysine-aspirin or placebo solution...
- Recovery of leukotriene E4 from the urine of patients with airway obstructionJ M Drazen
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:104-8. 1992The urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) was measured in subjects presenting for emergency treatment of airway obstruction...
- Exposure to tobacco smoke increases leukotriene E4-related albuterol usage and response to montelukastNathan Rabinovitch
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colo 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1365-71. 2008..Cysteinyl leukotrienes (CysLTs) are important mediators of asthma in children. Predictors of susceptibility to CysLT effects have not been developed...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 concentrations increase after aspirin challenge in aspirin-sensitive asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Am Rev Respir Dis 143:1025-9. 1991Urinary leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentrations have been measured in six asthmatic patients with aspirin sensitivity and in five asthmatic subjects tolerant of aspirin, before and after provocation with aspirin or placebo...
- Urinary leukotriene E4 excretion: a biomarker of inflammatory bowel disease activityFrançoise Stanke-Labesque
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:769-74. 2008....
- Leukotriene E4 release in cold urticariaN H Maltby
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London
Clin Exp Allergy 19:33-6. 1989..b>Leukotriene E4 (LTE4; a stable metabolic product of LTC4 and LTD4) and histamine were measured in the blood draining the site ..
- Effects of a leukotriene receptor antagonist on exhaled leukotriene E4 and prostanoids in children with asthmaPaolo Montuschi
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:347-53. 2006..The effects of leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRAs) on exhaled leukotriene and prostanoids in children with asthma are unknown...
- Inhaled leukotriene E(4), but not leukotriene D(4), increased airway inflammatory cells in subjects with atopic asthmaG M Gauvreau
Asthma Research Group, St. Joseph's Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1495-500. 2001..These results suggest cysteinyl leukotrienes play a role in eosinophil migration into the airways in allergic asthma, and for the same degree of bronchoconstriction, inhaled LTE(4) causes more tissue and airway eosinophilia than LTD(4)...
- Effect of indomethacin on leukotriene4-induced histamine hyperresponsiveness in asthmatic subjectsP E Christie
Department of Allergy and Allied Respiratory Disorders, Guy s Hospital, London, England
Am Rev Respir Dis 146:1506-10. 1992..68 +/- 0.46, and this was significantly decreased compared with that on the placebo day (p = 0.02). This suggests that LTE4-induced enhanced responsiveness to histamine is mediated in part by cyclooxygenase pathway-derived products...
- Increased levels of urinary leukotriene E4 in children with severe atopic eczema/dermatitis syndromeK Øymar
Department of Pediatrics, Rogaland Central Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Allergy 60:86-9. 2005Leukotrienes are thought to play a role in the pathogenesis of atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome (AEDS). Urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) is a marker of whole-body cysteinyl-leukotriene production.
- Leukotriene E4: perspective on the forgotten mediatorTak H Lee
MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:417-21. 2009..This has stimulated a search for additional LT receptors that would respond preferentially to LTE(4) stimulation...
- Direct injection method for quantitation of endogenous leukotriene E4 in human urine by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry with a column-switching techniqueN Kishi
Analytical Research Laboratories, Eisai Co Ltd, 5 1 3 Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Anal Sci 17:709-13. 2001..mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) with a column-switching system was developed for quantitative determination of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in human urine...
- Enhanced urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 in patients with mevalonate kinase deficiencyE Mayatepek
University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pediatr 123:96-8. 1993..A positive linear relationship between increased urinary excretion of mevalonate and LTE4 (n = 5) suggests that increased cysteinyl leukotriene synthesis is involved in the pathomechanisms of this disease...
- Nasal blockage and urinary leukotriene E4 concentration in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitisN Higashi
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergy 58:476-80. 2003..However, there has been little experimental evidence that substantiates the relationship between nasal blockage severity and urinary leukotriene E4 (U-LTE4) concentration in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR).
- Urinary leukotriene E4 after antigen challenge and in acute asthma and allergic rhinitisG W Taylor
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Lancet 1:584-8. 1989..These studies provide evidence that leukotrienes are released in vivo in man after antigen challenge and in acute asthma...
- Protection against exercise-induced bronchoconstriction by montelukast in aspirin-sensitive and aspirin-tolerant patients with asthmaL Mastalerz
Department of Medicine, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1360-5. 2002..Aspirin-induced asthma (AIA) is characterized by overproduction of cysteinyl-leukotrienes...
- Temporal profiles of cerebrospinal fluid leukotrienes, brain edema and inflammatory response following experimental brain injuryMartin U Schuhmann
Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Neurol Res 25:481-91. 2003..The second leukotriene peak at 7 days is likely to follow a different pathway and might be related to a production in macrophages or activated glia...
- Evidence of mast cell activation and leukotriene release after mannitol inhalationJ D Brannan
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Eur Respir J 22:491-6. 2003..Increased bronchial responsiveness to the released mediators could explain the exclusive bronchoconstriction in asthmatic subjects...
- A novel polymorphism, E254K, in the 5-lipoxygenase gene associated with bronchial asthmaChunying Bai
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Int J Mol Med 21:139-44. 2008..Thus, our results suggest that E254K in the 5-LO might be associated with BA...
- Omalizumab (Xolair) in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis: leukotriene release as a potential in vitro parameter to monitor therapeutic effectsMatthias Volkmar Kopp
University Children s Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:523-7. 2007..These results strongly suggest that the observed effects of decreased SLT release after omalizumab treatment were attributable to the treatment with omalizumab, rather than to SIT therapy...
- Urinary LTE4 is higher after nasal provocation test with L-ASA in bronchial than in only nasal respondersC Micheletto
Lung Dept, Orlandi General Hospital, Bussolengo Verona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 39:162-6. 2007....
- [Leukotrienes: potential therapeutic targets in cardiovascular diseases]Magnus Bäck
INSERM unité 698, CHU Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1511-8; discussion 1518-21. 2006..Further experimental and clinical studies are needed to determine the potential of therapeutic strategies targeting the leukotriene pathway in cardiovascular disease...
- Concentrations of cysteinyl leukotrienes in urine and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of cats with experimentally induced asthmaCarol R Norris
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8734, USA
Am J Vet Res 64:1449-53. 2003..To evaluate changes in cysteinyl leukotriene (LT) concentrations in urine and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) in cats with experimentally induced asthma...
- Effects of supportive treatment such as antioxidant or leukotriene receptor antagonist drugs on inflammatory and respiratory parameters in asthma patientsT Tug
Department of Chest, Faculty of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:371-6. 2007..The serum levels before and after treatment of eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), leukotriene E4 (LTE(4)), and malondialdehyde (MDA) were determined...
- Effects of cysteinyl leukotrienes in small human bronchus and antagonist activity of montelukast and its metabolitesH Mechiche
Laboratory of Pharmacology, EA 2070, Faculty of Medicine, Reims, France
Clin Exp Allergy 33:887-94. 2003..Montelukast (MK), a specific CysLT1 receptor antagonist, is metabolized in two main hydroxylated metabolites (termed M5 and M6, respectively)...
- Exhaled leukotrienes and prostaglandins in COPDP Montuschi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Thorax 58:585-8. 2003....
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes in the bile of patients with obstructive jaundiceMasahito Uemura
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara 634 8521, Japan
J Gastroenterol 37:821-30. 2002..To explore the clinical significance of biliary cysteinyl LTs, we determined their concentration changes in bile during treatment in patients with obstructive jaundice...
- Cysteinyl leukotriene receptorsJilly F Evans
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 68:587-97. 2002The cysteinyl leukotrienes, leukotriene C4 (LTC4), leukotriene D4 (LTD4) and leukotriene E4 (LTE4), activate contractile and inflammatory processes via specific interaction with putative seven transmembrane-spanning receptors that couple ..
- A potent inhibitor of cytosolic phospholipase A2, arachidonyl trifluoromethyl ketone, attenuates LPS-induced lung injury in miceTakahide Nagase
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L720-6. 2003..The current observations suggest that pharmacological intervention of cPLA(2) could be a novel therapeutic approach to acute lung injury caused by sepsis syndrome...
- Possible involvement of mast-cell activation in aspirin provocation of aspirin-induced asthmaH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Japan
Allergy 56:1061-7. 2001..METHODS: Urinary concentrations of leukotriene E4 (LTE4), 11-dehydrothromboxane B2, 9alpha,11beta-prostaglandin F2, and Ntau-methylhistamine were measured ..
- [Studies on the experimental allergic rhinitis induced by Japanese cedar pollen--role of cysteinyl leukotrienes in nasal allergic symptoms]Nobuaki Mizutani
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 123:1-8. 2003..The results presented in this study further suggest that our model is a good representative of human allergic rhinitis and offer evidence that CysLTs are chemical mediators mainly responsible for allergic nasal symptoms...
- Montelukast, a leukotriene receptor antagonist, in vernal keratoconjunctivitis associated with asthmaAlessandro Lambiase
Interdisciplinary Research Center, University Campus Bio Medico, Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Rome, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 121:615-20. 2003..To evaluate the effects on signs and symptoms of a coexisting vernal keratoconjunctivitis in patients treated with oral montelukast sodium for asthma...
- Hodgkin Reed-Sternberg cells express 15-lipoxygenase-1 and are putative producers of eoxins in vivo: novel insight into the inflammatory features of classical Hodgkin lymphomaHans Erik Claesson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, and Orexo AB, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS J 275:4222-34. 2008..Furthermore, the discovery of the high 15-lipoxygenase-1 activity in L1236 cells demonstrates that this cell line comprises a useful model system to study the chemical and biological roles of 15-lipoxygenase-1...
- Pranlukast inhibits NF-kappa B activation in human monocytes/macrophages and T cellsT Ichiyama
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi and ONO Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 33:802-7. 2003..Pranlukast inhibits contraction of the tracheal muscle, and thereby antagonizes the binding of LTC4, LTD4 and LTE4. However, the action of pranlukast on monocytes/macrophages and T cells is unknown...
- [Urinary leukotriene E4 concentration in patients with bronchial asthma and intolerance of non-steroids anti-inflammatory drugs before and after oral aspirin challenge]Renata Rubinsztajn
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych Pneumonologii i Alergologii AM w Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 110:849-54. 2003..The aim of the study was estimated the urinary concentration of LTE4 in patients with bronchial asthma and intolerance of no steroids anti-inflammatory drugs...
- [Leukotrienes as inflammation mediators]Grzegorz Woszczek
Katedra i Zakład Immunologii Klinicznej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi
Postepy Hig Med Dosw 57:593-610. 2003..Several studies have shown that leukotrienes may play a significant role in pathomechanisms of inflammatory diseases of human airways, skin, digestive tract and heart...
- Increase in urinary leukotriene LTE4 levels in acute asthma: correlation with airflow limitationS A Green
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Thorax 59:100-4. 2004..Activation of leukotriene pathways is accompanied by rises in detectable urinary levels of leukotriene E4 (LTE4)...
- [Leukotriene (B4, C4, D4, E4)]Satoshi Kitamura
Minami Tochigi Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 63:28-33. 2005
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes induce monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 in human monocytes/macrophagesT Ichiyama
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 35:1214-9. 2005..Monocytes/macrophages have a cysteinyl leukotriene 1 (CysLT1) receptor, but its function is poorly understood. Objective To elucidate the biological function of the CysLT1 receptor of human monocytes/macrophages...
- Cysteinyl-leukotrienes and their receptors in asthma and other inflammatory diseases: critical update and emerging trendsValerie Capra
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Med Res Rev 27:469-527. 2007....
- A patient with neurological symptoms and abnormal leukotriene metabolism: a new defect in leukotriene biosynthesisErtan Mayatepek
Department of General Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Ann Neurol 58:968-70. 2005..These data suggest membrane-bound dipeptidase deficiency, a new defect in leukotriene biosynthesis on the step of LTE(4) synthesis, as underlying defect...
- Treatment of asthma with antileukotrienes: first line or last resort therapy?Sven Erik Dahlen
Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 533:40-56. 2006..Further research needs and new areas for leukotriene involvement in respiratory diseases are also discussed...
- Bronchial responsiveness to leukotriene D4 is resistant to inhaled fluticasone propionatePär Gyllfors
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:78-83. 2006..Although the synthesis of leukotrienes is not affected by corticosteroid treatment, the influence of corticosteroids on the leukotriene pathway remains unresolved...
- Evaluation and interference of serum and skin lesion levels of leukotrienes in patients with eczemaZhong Hua
Department of Dermatology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 75:51-5. 2006..05). Mizolastine significantly reduced serum LTB4 and IFN-gamma levels as well as skin lesion LTB4, LTC4, LTE4 concentrations. LTs are involved in the pathogenesis of eczema. Mizolastine clearly reduces LTs levels in skin lesion...
- Aspirin induced asthma (AIA) with nasal polyps has the highest basal LTE4 excretion: a study vs AIA without polyps, mild topic asthma, and normal controlsC Micheletto
Lung Dept, Bussolengo Gen Hospital, Verona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 38:20-3. 2006..Urinary leukotriene E4 concentration (LTE4), that reflects the whole body production of cysteinil-leukotrienes, is particularly ..
- Antigen specific quantification of sulfidoleukotrienes in patients allergic to Betalactam antibioticsC García-Avilés
Departamento de Alergología e Inmunología Clínica, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:37-45. 2005..This can be detected by means of the CAST assay. We assessed the positivity criteria and the reliability of antigen-specific sulfidoleukotriene production (CAST) in the in vitro diagnosis of betalactam (BL) allergic patients...
- Leukotriene E(4)-induced persistent eosinophilia and airway obstruction are reversed by zafirlukast in patients with asthmaAnnika Laitinen
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Anatomy, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:259-65. 2005..We have shown that inhalation of leukotriene (LT) E 4 contributes to specific recruitment of eosinophils to the airway mucosa in patients with asthma at the time of maximal decrease in airway-specific conductance...
- Quantification of leukotriene B4 glucuronide in human urineHaruhisa Mita
Clinical Research Center, Sagamihara National Hospital, 18 1 Sakuradai, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8522, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 83:42-9. 2007..Urinary leukotriene E4 and leukotriene B4 glucuronide concentrations in 13 normal healthy adults were 94...
- Evaluation of montelukast in 8 to 14 year old children with mild persistent asthma and compared with inhaled corticosteroidsO Karaman
Professor in Pediatric Allergy, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 32:21-7. 2004..To determine the clinical effectiveness, tolerability and reliability of montelukast and to compare this drug with inhaled corticosteroids...
- Urine leukotriene E4 levels are associated with decreased pulmonary function in children with persistent airway obstructionNathan Rabinovitch
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:635-40. 2006..Use of leukotriene receptor antagonists improves disease control in children and adults with asthma. However, the relationship between cysteinyl leukotriene levels and indices of daily asthma control has not been studied directly...
- Urinary 3-bromotyrosine and 3-chlorotyrosine concentrations in asthmatic patients: lack of increase in 3-bromotyrosine concentration in urine and plasma proteins in aspirin-induced asthma after intravenous aspirin challengeH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:931-8. 2004..Eosinophil peroxidase and myeloperoxidase halogenate tyrosine residues in plasma proteins and generate 3-bromotyrosine (BY) and 3-chlorotyrosine (CY), respectively...
- Urinary leukotriene LTE4 levels in non-responders to antileukotriene therapyD K C Lee
Thorax 59:727; author reply 727. 2004
- Invited commentaryCharles Hoopes
Surgery Transplantation, University of California San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Ave, Suite 150, San Francisco, CA94143
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1088-9. 2006
- Increase in urinary leukotriene B4 glucuronide concentration in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma after intravenous aspirin challengeH Mita
Clinical Research Center, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1262-9. 2004Aspirin challenge of aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA) patients causes a significant increase in leukotriene E4 (LTE4) concentration in urine. However, knowledge on leukotriene B4 (LTB4) generation in patients with AIA is insufficient...
- A novel method for preserving human lungs using a super-cooling systemMasayoshi Abe
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1085-8. 2006..To ensure the suitable preservation of isolated lungs, a super-cooling system was used to cool water to temperatures as low as -5 degrees C without freezing...
- Changes in urinary LTE4 and nasal functions following nasal provocation test with ASA in ASA-tolerant and -intolerant asthmaticsClaudio Micheletto
Lung Department, Orlandi Hospital, Via Ospedale 2, 37012 Bussolengo, VR, Italy
Respir Med 100:2144-50. 2006....
- Antiallergic effect of ardisiaquinone A, a potent 5-lipoxygenase inhibitorN Fukuishi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Tokushima, Japan
Phytomedicine 8:460-4. 2001....
- SCF-induced airway hyperreactivity is dependent on leukotriene productionS H Oliveira
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 13012 Catherine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0602, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L1242-9. 2001..Altogether, these studies indicate that SCF-induced airway hyperreactivity is dependent upon leukotriene-mediated pathways...
- Enhanced prostaglandin E2 secretion in sputum from asthmatic patients after zafirlukast therapyJ J Tsai
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Cathay General Hospital, 280, Section 4, Jen-Ai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:241-3. 2001..before and after therapy and concentrations of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), and leukotriene E4 (LTE4) were measured. RESULTS: A significant improvement in PEFR was found after zafirlukast therapy (p = 0...
- Heparin inhibits hyperventilation-induced late-phase hyperreactivity in dogsRyoichi Suzuki
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 20892 7924, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:27-33. 2002..We conclude that heparin inhibits hyperventilation-induced late-phase changes in peripheral airway function, and does so in part via the inhibition of eosinophil migration and eicosanoid mediator production and release...
- Effects of pranlukast on chemical mediators in induced sputum on provocation tests in atopic and aspirin-intolerant asthmatic patientsYasushi Obase
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Chest 121:143-50. 2002..Leukotrienes (LTs) are important in asthma, and LT modifiers modulate antigen-induced asthma. Overproduction of LT by suppression of cyclooxygenase activity is involved in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA)...
- [The relationship between eosinophils, activated T lymphocyte, leukotreine and the exercise-induced asthma]Y Guo
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 24:360-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Hyperventilation during exercise may not be the cause leading to EIA, neither did the activation of T lymphocytes, IL-4 and IL-5 gene expression nor ECP. Leukotriene may play an important role in the pathogenesis of EIA...
- Lipidomic and Transcriptome Signatures in Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory DiseaseJoshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2010..The bronchoconstrictor response to leukotriene E4 is increased...
- Interplay between LTE4/LTE4 receptors and IFN-y with mast cells and eosinophils iLarry C Borish; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our hypothesis is that AERD contrasts with aspirin tolerant asthma through excessive production of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) acting through specific receptors and a pro- inflammatory interplay with both interleukin (IL)-4 and ..
- Regulation of Pulmonary Inflammation by Leukotriene E4Joshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2013..These complexes mediate the respective LTE4-dependent and LTE4-indepedent features of P2Y12 receptor contributions to pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Pathophysiologic and therapeutic mechanisms of aspirin exacerbated respiratory d*Joshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2013..leukotrienes (cys-LTs), especially during reactions to aspirin, and selective airway hyperresponsivness to leukotriene E4 (LTE4), the most stable and abundant of the cys-LTs...
- Cysteinyl leukotriene signaling in proliferation, cytokine production and PGD2 geSailaja Paruchuri; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This proposal seeks to determine how a common lipid mediator leukotriene E4 can regulate the activation of mast cells, important cells mediating the inflammatory responses in response to ..
- LEUKOTRIENE SUBSTANCE P INTERACTIONS IN THE AIRWAYSEUNICE BLOOMQUIST; Fiscal Year: 1993..Conversely, SP applied to isolated trachea elicits release of leukotriene E4 - like material...
- CELLULAR BASIS OF HYPERSENSITIVITY DISEASES IN HUMANSFRANK AUSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Study of the signaling pathways that stimulate conjunctival goblet cell proliferation will lead to the development of treatments to replenish the mucin layer in these diseases. ..
- Planning Grant:Research on Blinding Eye Diseases (RMI)Darlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Based on these findings, an application for an Interdisciplinary Center for Research on Blinding Eye Diseases will be prepared. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF SMOOTH MUSCLE HYPERREACTIVITY ON ASTHMAPrescott Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2006..The candidate will complement these studies with a curriculum of advanced training in methods for the design and analysis of gene expression studies in human subjects. ..
- Keystone Symposium: Eicosanoid Lipid MediatorsJilly Evans; Fiscal Year: 2003..NIH support for this meeting will allow more graduate student and postdoctoral participation in.this exciting multidisciplinary meeting. ..