sodium tetradecyl sulfate
Summary: An anionic surface-active agent used for its wetting properties in industry and used in medicine as an irritant and sclerosing agent for hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
Publications160 found, 100 shown here
- [Injection sclerotherapy for varicosities of the lower limb: 25 years of experience with 115000 injections]Imre Bihari
Semmelweis Egyetem, Egészségügyi Fôiskolai Kar, Klinikai Tanszék, Budapest, Népszínház u 42 44, 1081
Orv Hetil 148:51-8. 2007..The author began to deal with injection sclerotherapy 25 years ago, which is still being practised by him to this day...
- Treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins: double-blind prospective comparative trial between aethoxyskerol and sotradecolMitchel P Goldman
Department of Dermatology Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:52-5. 2002One hundred twenty-nine patients were treated with either polidocanol (POL) or sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) to compare the efficacy and adverse sequelae of each agent.
- Aspiration and sclerotherapy versus hydrocelectomy for treatment of hydrocelesDarren T Beiko
Department of Urology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Urology 61:708-12. 2003..To compare aspiration and sclerotherapy using sodium tetradecylsulfate (STDS) with open hydrocelectomy in the treatment of hydroceles with regard to safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness...
- Comparison of ethanol and sodium tetradecyl sulfate in the sclerotherapy of renal cystErkan Demir
Department of Urology, Cukurova University Medical Faculty, Adana, Turkey
J Endourol 21:903-5. 2007..Our aim was to compare the efficacy and side effects of ethanol and sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STDS) as sclerosants for symptomatic simple renal cyst.
- Double-blind prospective comparative trial between foamed and liquid polidocanol and sodium tetradecyl sulfate in the treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg veinsJaggi Rao
Dermatology Cosmetic Laser Associates of La Jolla, Inc, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:631-5; discussion 635. 2005Twenty subjects were treated with either polidocanol (POL) or sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) to compare the efficacy and adverse sequelae of each agent.
- Intralesional vinblastine vs. 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate for the treatment of oral Kaposi's sarcoma. A double blind, randomized clinical trialV Ramirez-Amador
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Calzada del Hueso 1100, 04960 Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Oncol 38:460-7. 2002..randomized trial, we compared the clinical efficacy of intralesional vinblastine (VNB) and 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) in the treatment of oral Kaposi's sarcoma (OKS)...
- Male varicocele: transcatheter foam sclerotherapy with sodium tetradecyl sulfate--outcome in 244 patientsRoberto Gandini
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Polyclinic of Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Radiology 246:612-8. 2008To retrospectively evaluate the recurrence rate, resolution of pain, improvement of semen parameters, and achievement of pregnancy after transcatheter foam sclerotherapy (TCFS) in varicocele by using sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) foam.
- Treatment of pyogenic granuloma by sodium tetradecyl sulfate sclerotherapySang Eun Moon
Arch Dermatol 141:644-6. 2005
- Sodium tetradecyl sulfate for sclerotherapy treatment of veins: is compounding pharmacy solution safe?Mitchel P Goldman
La Jolla Spa MD, Dermatology Cosmetic Laser Associates of La Jolla, Inc, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:1454-6; discussion 1456. 2004The objective was to determine the composition of three available solutions of sodium tetradecyl sulfate from compounding pharmacies in comparison to pharmaceutical-grade sodium tetradecyl sulfate, Fibrovein (STD Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.).
- Endoscopic abnormalities in the oesophagus after variceal sclerotherapy--a long-term follow up studyVarghese Thomas
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical College Hospital, Calicut 673 008, Kerala, India
Trop Gastroenterol 28:24-7. 2007..Endoscopic abnormalities correlated with the total volume of sclerosant used. The long-term significance of these changes is not known at present and further follow-up studies will be required...
- Injection snoreplasty: extended follow-up and new objective dataScott E Brietzke
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:605-15. 2003..Extended follow-up data (19 months) are presented from the initial pilot study cohort, and pretreatment/posttreatment objective data are presented on a new prospective patient cohort...
- In vitro effects of detergent sclerosants on coagulation, platelets and microparticlesK Parsi
Haematology Research Laboratory, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:731-40. 2007..To investigate the in vitro effects of Sodium Tetradecyl Sulphate (STS) and Polidocanol (POL) on clotting tests, clotting factors, platelets and microparticles...
- Multiple hereditary glomangiomas: successful treatment with sclerotherapyKurosh Parsi
Department of Dermatology, Liverpool Hospital, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 43:43-7. 2002..We present the successful sclerotherapy treatment of multiple glomangiomas using sodium tetradecyl sulphate in a 59-year-old man who presented with postoperative recurrence of multiple lesions...
- Comparative pilot study evaluating the treatment of leg veins with a long pulse ND:YAG laser and sclerotherapyCharlotte M Coles
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Center for Cosmetic Care, Edina, Minnesota, USA
Lasers Surg Med 30:154-9. 2002..This study compares a long pulsed Nd:YAG laser with contact cooling to sclerotherapy for treating small diameter leg veins by evaluating objective and subjective clinical effects...
- Injection snoreplasty: how to treat snoring without all the pain and expenseS E Brietzke
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:503-10. 2001..Advantages over current snoring procedures include simplicity, low cost, decreased posttreatment pain levels, and minimal/no convalescence...
- The use of foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins: a survey of the members of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and IrelandJ J Earnshaw
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:232-5. 2007..The aim was to explore the current experience and practice of vascular surgeons in the United Kingdom and Ireland regarding foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins...
- The lytic effects of detergent sclerosants on erythrocytes, platelets, endothelial cells and microparticles are attenuated by albumin and other plasma components in vitroK Parsi
Haematology Research Laboratory, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:216-23. 2008....
- Initial experience with 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate foam and fibered coils for management of adolescent varicoceleEric Reiner
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:207-10. 2008To report the results of treatment of adolescent patients with varicocele with use of 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate foam (STS) in combination with pushable fibered coils.
- Effectiveness and safety of ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy for recurrent varicose veins: immediate resultsStavros K Kakkos
Vascular Unit, Ealing Hospital and Department of Vascular Surgery, Imperial College, London, UK
J Endovasc Ther 13:357-64. 2006..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy in treating recurrent varicose veins...
- Roentgenoendovascular treatment of Conn's syndromeA V Pokrovskii
A V Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery, RAMS, Moscow, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 10:62-4. 2004..The intervention resulted in a decrease of arterial pressure (AP) from 240/140 to 130/80 mm Hg. The patient has been followed up for 13 years. No recurrence of the disease has been recorded. AP is within normal...
- Prevalence of Salmonella serovars in chickens in TurkeyK T Carli
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
J Food Prot 64:1832-5. 2001..These data demonstrate the presence of Salmonella Enteritidis, Salmonella Thompson, Salmonella Agona, and Salmonella Sarajane in chicken flocks in Turkey...
- Percutaneous treatment of pelvic congestion syndromeStefano Pieri
Servizio di Radiologia Vascolare ed Interventistica, Azienda Ospedaliera S Camillo Forlanini, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 105:76-82. 2003..Recently, percutaneous transcatheter embolization has also been proposed. We report our experience with the percutaneous management of pelvic congestion syndrome, using the transbrachial approach and sclerosis alone...
- OK-432 therapy for lymphatic malformation in 32 patients (28 children)Gösta Claesson
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Astrid Lindgren s Hospital, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 65:1-6. 2002..Even sclerosants as ethanol and Sotradecol may sometimes harm more than cure. The purpose with this study was to evaluate the effect of a relatively new drug for intralesional injections, OK-432...
- A comparison of sample weight and culture methods for the detection of Salmonella in pig fecesMarie Josée Champagne
Public Health Agency of Canada, Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
J Food Prot 68:1073-6. 2005..Considering a greater recovery rate, the ease of use, and a better time and resource efficiency, the MSRV 10-g protocol was therefore adopted by the Canadian Integrated Program for Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance...
- Isolation of Salmonella typhimurium from outbreak-associated cake mixGuodong Zhang
Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia, 1109 Experiment Street, Griffin, Georgia 30223, USA
J Food Prot 70:997-1001. 2007....
- Detection of Salmonella by indicator agar media and PCR as affected by alfalfa seed homogenates and native bacteriaC H Liao
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 36:152-6. 2003..To investigate and prevent the undesirable effect of native bacteria and alfalfa seed homogenates on detection of Salmonella in alfalfa seeds by indicator agar media and polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Real-time reverse transcriptase PCR for the rapid and sensitive detection of Salmonella typhimurium from porkChayapa Techathuvanan
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4591, USA
J Food Prot 73:507-14. 2010..This assay shows promise for routine testing and monitoring of Salmonella by the pork industry...
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy for lymphatic malformations: a retrospective analysis of patient-evaluated improvementAhmad I Alomari
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1639-48. 2006..To evaluate the midterm outcomes of percutaneous sclerotherapy of lymphatic malformations (LMs) as judged by patients...
- Comparison of four different methods for Salmonella detection in fecal samples of porcine originN Korsak
Food Science Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Sart Tilman B43bis, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Food Prot 67:2158-64. 2004..For the paired-comparisons, NMKL 71 and SP-VG-M002 were comparable in terms of efficiency, whereas the VIDAS ICS protocol, as established by the manufacturer for food samples only, seemed less efficient than the other two...
- Immediate pathologic effects on the vein wall of foam sclerotherapyCamillo Orsini
Department of Surgery, Camposampiero s Hospital, Camposampiero Padova, Italy
Dermatol Surg 33:1250-4. 2007..During the past 10 years, sclerotherapy has radically changed, the foam sclerotherapy method being better than that of liquid sclerotherapy...
- Colour duplex ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy: a new approach to the management of patients with peripheral vascular malformationsBalakrishnan Mahesh
Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Clin Imaging 27:171-9. 2003..Colour duplex ultrasound (CDU)-guided sclerotherapy is a valuable modality for treating peripheral vascular malformations (PVMs)...
- Oral pyogenic granuloma: a reviewHamid Jafarzadeh
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Mashad University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Oral Sci 48:167-75. 2006..flash lamp pulsed dye laser, cryosurgery, intralesional injection of ethanol or corticosteroid and sodium tetradecyl sulfate sclerotherapy have been proposed...
- Extensive muscle necrosis and infection following treatment of a lower extremity vascular malformation with Sotradecol and absolute ethanolChristopher G Zochowski
Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospitals Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:480-6. 2010..We feel that this led to extensive soft tissue necrosis and infection of the limb and created a precipitous situation...
- Photophysics of a cationic biological photosensitizer in anionic micellar environments: combined effect of polarity and rigidityParamita Das
Department of Chemistry, Jadavpur University, Calcutta 700 032, India
J Phys Chem B 111:11169-76. 2007..of varying chain lengths, namely, sodium decyl sulfate (S(10)S), sodium dodecyl sulfate (S(12)S), and sodium tetradecyl sulfate (S(14)S)...
- Direct puncture and sclerotherapy with sotradecol ((r)) . Orbital lymphatic malformationsP A Svendsen
Interventional Neuroradiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg Sweden
Interv Neuroradiol 7:193-9. 2001..Follow-up times ranged between six months and four years. Sotradecol sclerotherapy appears to be a useful adjunct to the therapeutic arsenal for orbitallymphatic malformations...
- Comparative pilot study evaluating the treatment of leg veins with a long pulse Nd:YAG laser and sclerotherapyRonald S Kahan
Lasers Surg Med 32:251. 2003
- Percutaneous treatment of lymphatic malformationsWilliam E Shiels
Department of Radiology, Nationwide Children s Hospital and The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:219-24. 2009..The aim of this study is to investigate a new treatment regimen for macrocystic and microcystic lymphatic malformations (LM) of the head and neck...
- Treatment of digital mucous cysts with intralesional sodium tetradecyl sulfate injectionSo Eun Park
Department of Dermatology, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea Department of Dermatology, Hallym University Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Dermatol Surg 40:1249-54. 2014..There are various treatment modalities for DMCs, and intralesional sodium tetradecyl sulfate injection has been reported as an alternative treatment.
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy for treatment of tumoral calcinosisDerek K Hill
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 357115, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195
J Vasc Interv Radiol 25:735-8. 2014..catheter-based sclerotherapy first with 110 mL of povidone-iodine followed 2 days later by 40 mL of 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate foam. At 5...
- Sodium tetradecyl sulphate foam stability prior to injection: factors affecting liquid reformationS McMaster
Grange Vein Clinic, 2 1 Grange Road, Grange, Queensland 4051, Australia
Phlebology 26:222-6. 2011....
- Accelerated balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration without indwelling balloon occlusion for gastric varices with small gastrorenal shunts using a terminal gelfoam plugWael M Darwish
1 Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology and Image Guided Medicine, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 203:439-41. 2014..Foam of 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate mixed with iodized oil and room air was injected retrograde through the gastrorenal shunt, followed by a ..
- Comparison of the reveal test, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration culture method, and selective media for recovery of Salmonella enteritidis from commercial egg layer flock environmentsLei Zhang
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1225, USA
J Food Prot 69:2766-9. 2006..XLT4 and BGN were more efficient than BS for isolating SE. However, no single method or medium successfully recovered SE from all SE-positive environmental samples...
- Estimation of the diagnostic accuracy of the invA-gene-based PCR technique and a bacteriological culture for the detection of Salmonella spp. in caecal content from slaughtered pigs using Bayesian analysisR C Mainar-Jaime
Unidad Sanidad Animal, Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentaria CITA, Gobierno de Aragón Apdo Correos 727, 50080 Zaragoza, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 55:112-8. 2008..However, given the moderate Sp of this molecular technique, PCR-positive samples should be further confirmed through bacteriology...
- Comparison of a real-time PCR method with a culture method for the detection of Salmonella enterica serotype enteritidis in naturally contaminated environmental samples from integrated poultry housesBwalya Lungu
Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Food Prot 75:743-7. 2012..The higher sensitivity as well as the reduction in time and labor makes this real-time PCR assay an excellent alternative to conventional culture methods for diagnostic purposes, surveillance, and research studies to improve food safety...
- Efficacy and safety of sclerotherapy for digital mucous cystsJae Yong Sung
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Dermatolog Treat 25:415-8. 2014..There are various treatment modalities for DMCs, among which sclerotherapy has been reported as an effective alternative treatment...
- A comparison of standard cultural methods for the detection of foodborne Salmonella species including three new chromogenic plating mediaVanessa Schönenbrücher
Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Veterinary Food Science, Frankfurter str 92, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 123:61-6. 2008..However, no significant difference was obtained by comparing the ISO 6579:2002 draft to the gold standard...
- [Sclerotherapy of small pelvis varicosis]B S Sukovatykh
Chair of General Surgery, Kursk State Medical University, Kursk, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 10:101-5. 2004..Excellent results were obtained in 32.6%, good in 46.1%, satisfactory in 19.1% and unsatisfactory results in 2.2% of patients...
- Definitive percutaneous treatment of lymphatic malformations of the trunk and extremitiesWilliam E Shiels
Department of Radiology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:136-9; discussion 140. 2008..The aim of this study is to investigate a new treatment regimen for macrocystic and microcystic lymphatic malformations (LMs) of the trunk and extremities...
- Intralesional bleomycin and sodium tetradecyl sulphate for haemangiomas and lymphangiomasMan Mohan Harjai
Senior Advisor Surgery and Paediatric Surgery, Command Hospital Pune, Maharashtra, India
Afr J Paediatr Surg 9:47-51. 2012..To compare the efficacy of intralesional bleomycin and sodium tetradecyl sulphate in treatment of haemangiomas and lymphangiomas...
- Significant endothelin release in patients treated with foam sclerotherapyAlessandro Frullini
Studio Medico Flebologico, Firenze, Italy
Dermatol Surg 38:741-7. 2012..We present a differing hypothesis that significant amounts of endothelin are released from the treated veins, amounts capable of causing these complications...
- Comparison of sonographically guided percutaneous sodium tetradecyl sulfate injection with ethanol injection in the treatment of benign nonfunctioning thyroid nodulesNaveen Kalra
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER, Sector 12, Chandigarh, UT 160012, India
J Vasc Interv Radiol 25:1218-24. 2014To compare the efficacy of percutaneous sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) injection with ethanol injection in the treatment of benign nonfunctioning thyroid nodules.
- Percutaneous sodium tetradecyl sulfate sclerotherapy for peripheral venous vascular malformations: a single-center experienceKong T Tan
Division of Interventional Radiology, Medical Imaging Department, University Health Network, 585 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G2N2, Canada
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:343-51. 2007To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and long-term outcomes of percutaneous sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS)sclerotherapy for peripheral venous vascular malformations (VVMs).
- Anaphylactoid reaction after the use of sodium tetradecyl sulfate: a case reportZenon Brzoza
Department of Internal Diseases, Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Angiology 58:644-6. 2007b>Sodium tetradecyl sulfate is a sclerosing agent that has been widely used to treat varicose veins of the legs and digestive tract...
- Complications and side-effects of foam sclerotherapyJ J Guex
Cabinet de Médecine Vasculaire, 32 Bd Dubouchage, 06000 Nice, France
Phlebology 24:270-4. 2009..To explain, when possible, their pathophysiology and to indicate possible manoeuvres and techniques to limit them...
- Evaluation of an immunochromatography strip assay for the detection of Salmonella sp. from poultryD A Bautista
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, 20742 3711, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 14:427-30. 2002..The assay could detect Salmonella sp. as early as 18-48 hours during pre-enrichment and enrichment compared to isolation on XLT4, which required an overnight incubation step for the presumptive isolation and identification of Salmonella...
- Comparison of the conformational stability of the non-native alpha-helical intermediate of thiol-modified beta-lactoglobulin upon interaction with sodium n-alkyl sulfates at two different pHJ Chamani
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Islamic Azad University Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
J Colloid Interface Sci 299:636-46. 2006..including sodium octyl sulfate, SOS; sodium decyl sulfate, SDeS; sodium dodecyl sulfate, SDS; and sodium tetradecyl sulfate, STS at pH 7.5 and 2...
- Oral pregnancy tumorShailesh M Gondivkar
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Medicine and Radiology, MGV s KBH Dental College and Hospital, Nasik, Maharashtra, India
Contemp Clin Dent 1:190-2. 2010..flash lamp pulsed dye laser, cryosurgery, intralesional injection of ethanol or corticosteroids, and sodium tetradecyl sulfate sclerotherapy have been proposed...
- Preenrichment versus direct selective agar plating for the detection of Salmonella Enteritidis in shell eggsI E Valentin-Bon
US Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Plant and Dairy Food and Beverages, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, Maryland 20740, USA
J Food Prot 66:1670-4. 2003..The preenrichment method provided greater sensitivity for the isolation of SE in contaminated egg slurries than did the APHIS method...
- [Venous malformations in the head and neck should be treated]Pål Svendsen
Sahlgrenska sjukhuset, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 99:1574-8. 2002..No permanent complications occurred. It is important to know the nomenclature and the different options for treatment as discussed in the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies...
- Percutaneous drainage and ablation as first line therapy for macrocystic and microcystic orbital lymphatic malformationsRobert H Hill
Plastic Surgery Ohio The Eye Center of Columbus, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 28:119-25. 2012..To review the management of orbital lymphangiomas and to propose a new treatment for both macrocystic and microcystic lymphatic malformations of the orbit...
- Re: Postmarking adverse events related to sotradecol (sodium tetradecyl sulfate-sclerosing agent)Renan A Bonnel
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2140; author reply 2140. 2002
- Reverse-transcriptase loop-mediated isothermal amplification as a rapid screening/monitoring tool for Salmonella enterica detection in liquid whole eggsChayapa Techathuvanan
Department of Food Science and Technology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 4591, USA
J Food Sci 77:M200-5. 2012....
- FDA-approved sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) versus compounded STS for venous sclerotherapyJose I Almeida
Miami Vein Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33129, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:1037-44; discussion 1044. 2007..Only sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) has garnered Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in the United States.
- Comparative analysis of intralesional sclerotherapy with sodium tetradecyl sulfate versus bleomycin in the management of low flow craniofacial soft tissue vascular lesionsHemant Bajpai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Maharanapratap Dental College and Hospital, Flat No 203, Ashirwad complex, Nawabganj sabji mandi, Kanpur, 208002 India
J Maxillofac Oral Surg 11:13-20. 2012Comparison of the efficacy of bleomycin over sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS) when given intralesionally in the treatment of oral and maxillofacial venous malformation.
- Sclerotherapy for venous malformations of the glans penisM M Marrocco-Trischitta
Department of Vascular Surgery and Pathology, Center for Vascular Anomalies, Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata, IDI-IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Urology 57:310-3. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Sclerotherapy with polidocanol is a well-tolerated, safe, and effective treatment for venous malformations of the penis. In our opinion, it can be considered the treatment of choice...
- Sclerotherapy of intraoral hemangiomaCharley Levy
New York Presbyterian Cornell Hospital, New York, NY, USA
N Y State Dent J 78:19-21. 2012..Nonsurgical eradication of the lesion was achieved with the use of injections of the sclerosing agent sodium tetradecyl sulfate.
- Outcomes and complications of sclerotherapy for venous malformationsYajing Qiu
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Vasc Endovascular Surg 47:454-61. 2013..To determine the efficacy of sclerotherapy for venous malformations (VMs)...
- Experience with concomitant ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy and endovenous laser treatment in chronic venous disorder and its influence on Health Related Quality of Life: interim analysis of more than 1000 consecutive proceduresT King
Illinois Phleboloby Group, Venous Redearch Foundation, Schaumburg, IL 60159 0444, USA
Int Angiol 28:289-97. 2009....
- Preslaughter holding environment in pork plants is highly contaminated with Salmonella entericaM H Rostagno
Pre Harvest Food Safety and Enteric Diseases Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4489-94. 2003..This study identifies the abattoir holding pens as a significant hazard and a potential control point for Salmonella contamination in the preharvest pork production chain...
- Effects of acid adaptation and modified marinades on survival of postdrying Salmonella contamination on beef jerky during storageMehmet Calicioglu
Center for Red Meat Safety, Department of Animal Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1171, USA
J Food Prot 66:396-402. 2003....
- Effect of acid adaptation on inactivation of Salmonella during drying and storage of beef jerky treated with marinadesMehmet Calicioglu
Center for Red Meat Safety, Department of Animal Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1171, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 89:51-65. 2003....
- Conservative and radiological management of simple renal cysts: a comprehensive reviewAndreas Skolarikos
Athens Medical School, 2nd Department of Urology, Sismanoglio Hospital, Athens, Greece
BJU Int 110:170-8. 2012..Simple renal cysts may not require treatment when asymptomatic. Radiological intervention with the use of sclerosants needs further evaluation and comparison with other treatment methods...
- Endovascular treatment of slow-flow vascular malformationsPatricia E Burrows
Medical College of Wisconsin, Interventional Radiology, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 16:12-21. 2013..Sclerosants for venous malformations include ethanol, 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate, and bleomycin...
- Sensing micelle hydration by proton-transfer dynamics of a 3-hydroxychromone dye: role of the surfactant headgroup and chain lengthRanjan Das
Department of Chemistry, West Bengal State University, Barasat, Kolkata 700126, India
Langmuir 28:7147-59. 2012..ESIPT with a time constant (τ(PT)) of ~100 ps was observed in the anionic sodium dodecyl sulfate and sodium tetradecyl sulfate micelles, whereas it was quite fast (τ(PT) ≈ 15 ps) in the cationic cetyltrimethylammonium bromide ..
- Low flow vascular malformation of the buccal mucosa treated conservatively by sclerotherapy (3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate)Ramesh Candamourty
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Campus, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry, India
J Nat Sci Biol Med 3:195-8. 2012..Percutaneous sodium tetradecyl sulfate when used either alone or as adjunct to surgery is a safe, effective, and inexpensive agent in the ..
- Balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration of gastric varicesAmish Patel
Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Pl, New York, NY 10029, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 199:721-9. 2012..The purpose of this review is to describe the clinical factors related to balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration, including the preparation needed, the technique and challenges, and the outcomes...
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy of vascular malformations in children using sodium tetradecyl sulphate: the Birmingham experienceKenneth Kok
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham B4 6NH, West Midlands, United Kingdom
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 65:1451-60. 2012..Sclerotherapy has become first line treatment for most venous malformations and some lymphatic malformations. We aimed to measure our sclerotherapy treatment success using 3% sodium tetradecyl sulphate (STD) and describe our experience...
- Gross hemoglobinuria and oliguria are common transient complications of sclerotherapy for venous malformations: review of 475 proceduresRoger Barranco-Pons
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 199:691-4. 2012..The purpose of this article is to study the incidence, risk factors, and treatment of gross hemoglobinuria and oliguria following sclerotherapy for venous malformations...
- A new injectable radiopaque chitosan-based sclerosing embolizing hydrogel for endovascular therapiesAhmed Fatimi
Ecole de technologie superieure, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acta Biomater 8:2712-21. 2012..A novel chitosan hydrogel that is injectable, radiopaque and contains sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS), a well-known sclerosing agent, was developed in order to combine blood flow occlusion and ..
- Pharmacology of sclerotherapyGiustino Albanese
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Semin Intervent Radiol 27:391-9. 2010....
- Sodium tetradecyl sulphate sclerotherapy for treating venous malformations of the oral and pharyngeal regions in childrenPaul Stimpson
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:569-73. 2012..We describe our experience of using sodium tetradecyl sulphate injection sclerotherapy to treat children presenting with venous malformations of the oral and pharyngeal region...
- Three cases of stroke following peripheral venous interventionsR W L Ma
Bondi Junction, Australia
Phlebology 26:280-4. 2011..No specific cause could be confirmed in this patient. Sodium tetradecyl sulphate foam was used in all three cases (3%, 16 mL; 1.5%, 4 mL and 3%, 25 mL, respectively). All three patients recovered completely within a few days...
- Stomal varices: management with decompression tips and transvenous obliteration or sclerosisWael E Saad
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 16:176-84. 2013..TIPS (if the portal or mesenteric vein or both are patent) or with transvenous obliteration utilizing 1% sodium tetradecyl sulfate (not 3% sodium tetradecyl sulfate)...
- Efficacy of balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration of large spontaneous lienorenal shunt in patients with severe recurrent hepatic encephalopathy with foam sclerotherapy: initial experienceAmar Mukund
Department of Radiology Interventional Radiology, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:1200-6. 2012..This study evaluated the efficacy of BRTO with foam sclerotherapy in the management of HE arising as a result of spontaneous large portosystemic shunts...
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy in neonatal and infant head and neck lymphatic malformations: a single center experienceAnne Marie Cahill
Department of Radiology, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:2083-95. 2011..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of percutaneous sclerotherapy for congenital head and neck lymphatic malformations in our institution...
- An investigation of coagulation cascade activation and induction of fibrinolysis using foam sclerotherapy of reticular veinsSabrina Guillen Fabi
Goldman, Butterwick, Fitzpatrick, and Groff Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Dermatol Surg 38:367-72. 2012..Coagulation parameters have not been investigated when foam sclerotherapy is used to treat reticular leg veins...
- Effect of lime juice on Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Salmonella enterica inactivation during the preparation of the raw fish dish cevichePrateek Mathurand
Department of Food Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Food Prot 76:1027-30. 2013..A typical ceviche recipe reduces V. parahaemolyticus risk significantly but is less effective for control of S. enterica...
- In vitro effects of detergent sclerosants on antithrombotic mechanismsK Parsi
Haematology Research Laboratory, St Vincent s Hospital Applied Medical Research, Darlinghurst, 2010 Sydney, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 38:220-8. 2009..To investigate the in vitro effects of detergent sclerosants on antithrombotic pathways...
- Efficacy of graduated compression stockings for an additional 3 weeks after sclerotherapy treatment of reticular and telangiectatic leg veinsPavan K Nootheti
Dermatology Cosmetic Laser Associates of La Jolla, Inc, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 35:53-7; discussion 57-8. 2009..Sclerotherapy with post-treatment graduated compression remains the criterion standard for treating lower leg telangiectatic, reticular, and varicose veins, but the optimal duration for that postsclerotherapy compression is unknown...
- Reverse foam sclerotherapy of the great saphenous vein with sapheno-femoral ligation compared to standard and invagination stripping: a prospective clinical seriesR Abela
Department of Vascular Surgery, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:485-90. 2008..Comparison of Reverse Foam Sclerotherapy of the great saphenous vein (GSV) combed with sapheno-femoral junction (SFJ) ligation to standard (Babcock) stripping and invagination (Pin) stripping in a prospective clinical series...
- The effect of sodium dodecyl sulfate and anion-exchange silica gel on matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometric analysis of proteinsMiwako Asanuma
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:1647-53. 2009..This effect was also observed when using sodium decyl sulfate and sodium tetradecyl sulfate instead of SDS...
- Management of cosmetically objectionable periocular veinsRobert C Kersten
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati Medical College, Cincinnati, Ohio
Semin Plast Surg 21:54-6. 2007..veins in the eyelids may be managed by transection and cautery, extraction with a special phlebectomy hook, laser ablation with the neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser, or sclerotherapy using sodium tetradecyl sulfate.
- New technique to heal venous ulcers: terminal interruption of the reflux source (TIRS)Ronald G Bush
Midwest Vein and Laser Center, Dayton, OH 45459, USA
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 22:194-9. 2010..Treatment of healing venous ulcers continues to be a challenge; currently used techniques, as adjuncts to compression therapy aid to prevent recurrence but fail to heal ulcers...
- Duplex ultrasound outcomes following ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy of symptomatic recurrent great saphenous varicose veinsK A L Darvall
Department of Vascular Surgery, Birmingham University, Heart of England NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 42:107-14. 2011..To describe duplex ultrasound (DUS) outcomes 12 months following ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy (UGFS) of recurrent great saphenous varicose veins (GSVV)...
- Characterizing the distribution of sodium alkyl sulfate surfactant homologues in water-based, acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive filmsJilin Zhang
Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, United States
J Phys Chem B 115:8138-44. 2011..Sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS), and sodium octadecyl sulfate (SODS) were added to dialyzed commercial adhesive latex at various ..
- Duplex ultrasound outcomes following ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy of symptomatic primary great saphenous varicose veinsK A L Darvall
Department of Vascular Surgery, Heart of England NHS Trust, Birmingham University, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:534-9. 2010..To describe duplex ultrasound (DUS) outcomes 12 months following ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy (UGFS) of primary great saphenous varicose veins (GSVV)...
- [Intralesional sclerotherapy of venous malformations in the hand with methyl tetradecyl sulfate]T T Lögters
Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Klinik für Unfall und Handchirurgie, Dusseldorf
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 43:356-60. 2011..Here, the percutaneous sclerosation for the treatment of VM with sodium tetradecyl sulfate has been illustrated and discussed on the basis of 2 case reports.
- Sclerotherapy of telangiectases and reticular veins: a double-blind, randomized, comparative clinical trial of polidocanol, sodium tetradecyl sulphate and isotonic saline (EASI study)E Rabe
Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Phlebology 25:124-31. 2010....
- Development of idarubicin and doxorubicin solid lipid nanoparticles to overcome Pgp-mediated multiple drug resistance in leukemiaPing Ma
Division of Molecular Pharmaceutics, Center for Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Biomed Nanotechnol 5:151-61. 2009..Anionic ion-pairing agents, sodium taurodeoxycholate (STDC) and sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS), were used to neutralize the charges of the cationic anthracyclines and enhance entrapment of the ..
- Optimization of rapid Salmonella enterica detection in liquid whole eggs by SYBR green I-based real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reactionChayapa Techathuvanan
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4591, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:527-34. 2011..Therefore, this assay appears suitable for routine detection of Salmonella enterica contamination by the egg industry to help prevent the transmission of egg-associated Salmonella outbreaks and timely recall of contaminated products...
- Single dose injection snoreplasty: investigation or treatment?A H Al-Jassim
ENT Department, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
J Laryngol Otol 122:1190-3. 2008..The difficulty lies in making the definitive diagnosis of palatal flutter as the cause of snoring, and in deciding which patients should undergo which treatment, which in some cases are relatively radical...
- MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED PULMONARY EMBOLISHSuman Rathbun; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiology of Recurrent Aphthous StomatitisLorena Baccaglini; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the cause of canker sores can lead to better treatments for patients affected by this condition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..