Summary: Inorganic compounds that contain tin as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of air-pressure on room temperature hydrogen sensing characteristics of nanocrystalline doped tin oxide MEMS-based sensorSatyajit Shukla
Surface Engineering and Nano Fabrication Lab, Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center and Mechanical Materials, Aerospace Engineering Department, University of Central Florida, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:1864-74. 2005....
- New benchmark for water photooxidation by nanostructured alpha-Fe2O3 filmsAndreas Kay
Institut des Sciences et Ingenierie Chimiques, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 128:15714-21. 2006..A mechanistic model for water photooxidation is presented, involving stepwise accumulation of four holes by two vicinal iron or cobalt surface sites...
- Surface modification of indium tin oxide via electrochemical reduction of aryldiazonium cationsStephen Maldonado
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, Texas Materials Institute, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Langmuir 22:2884-91. 2006..A 100 mV decrease in the contact potential over NO(2) aryl films relative to bare ITO suggests that the aryl films are loosely structured as deposited with the NO(2) groups oriented at a small angle away from the ITO surface...
- The influence of tin compounds on the dynamic properties of liposome membranes: a study using the ESR methodDariusz Man
Institute of Physics, Opole University, Opole, Poland
Cell Mol Biol Lett 11:56-61. 2006..Furthermore, it was found that there is a slightly stronger influence of tin compounds with a longer hydrocarbon chain on changes in the probes' spectroscopic parameters.
- High-sensitivity humidity sensor based on a single SnO(2) nanowireQin Kuang
State Key Laboratory for Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces and Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
J Am Chem Soc 129:6070-1. 2007
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic effects induced by stannous chloride associated to nuclear medicine kitsAnderson P Guedes
Departamento de Biofisica e Biometria, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Instituto de Biologia Roberto Alcantara Gomes, Rio de Janeiro 20551 030, Brazil
Nucl Med Biol 33:915-21. 2006....
- Genotoxic effects of stannous chloride (SnCl2) in K562 cell lineF J S Dantas
Departamento de Biofisica e Biometria, IBRAG, UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1493-8. 2002..DNA damage was visualized in SnCl2-treated K562 cells in both tested conditions. The data indicate that SnCl2 induces DNA damage and reduces K562 viability. Both actions seem to be correlated with ROS formation and direct linkage to DNA...
- Effect of inorganic and organic tin compounds on ACh- and voltage-activated Na currentsJ Gyori
Balaton Limnological Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Tihany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 20:591-604. 2000..3. The next series of experiments compared the actions of inorganic or organic tin compounds. In whole cell clamp experiments both (CH3)2SnCl2 and (CH3)3SnCl, like inorganic Sn, decreased the amplitude ..
- Mutational potentiality of stannous chloride: an important reducing agent in the Tc-99m-radiopharmaceuticalsR E Cabral
Laboratório de Radiobiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mutat Res 408:129-35. 1998..G to T transversions presumably resulted from 8-oxoG. However, the G to C one may be due to a yet unidentified lesion...
- Interaction of stannous chloride leads to alteration in DNA, triphosphate nucleotides and isolated basesJose C P De Mattos
Departamento de Biofisica e Biometria, IBRAG, UERJ, Avenue 28 de Setembro, 87, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 20551 030, Brazil
Mol Cell Biochem 280:173-9. 2005..Our results are in accordance with the damaging potential of this salt and present evidence that stannous ions can complex with DNA, inducing ROS in its vicinity, which may be responsible for the observed lesions...
- Genotoxicity of stannous chloride in yeast and bacteriaC Pungartnik
Dept de Biofisica, Centro de Biotecnologia, UFRGS, Av Bento Goncalves 9500, 91507 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutat Res 583:146-57. 2005..We propose that the mutagenicity of SnCl2 in yeast and bacteria occurs via error-prone repair of DNA damage that is produced by reactive oxygen species...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer using technetium-99m tin colloids of different sizesHiromitsu Jinno
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 56:213s-216s. 2002..It was concluded that SLNB using the small-sized tin colloid was technically feasible and provided higher detection and identification rates than the regular-sized tin colloid...
- Electrochemical control of protein monolayers at indium tin oxide surfaces for the reagentless optical biosensing of nitric oxideDuncan H P Hedges
School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
Langmuir 20:1901-8. 2004..Such electrochemical control of proteins immobilized on transparent electrodes enables the optical biosensing of analyte targets without recourse to exogenous reagents...
- Cathodic electrodeposition of mixed molybdenum tungsten oxides from peroxo-polymolybdotungstate solutionsLilia Kondrachova
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Nano and Molecular Science and Technology, Texas Materials Institute, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Langmuir 22:10490-8. 2006....
- The use of periareolar intradermal Tc-99m tin colloid and peritumoral intraparenchymal isosulfan blue dye injections for determination of the sentinel lymph nodeAziz Murat Argon
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ege University Medical Faculty, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 31:795-800. 2006....
- Hydrogen bonding effects on the surface structure and photoelectrochemical properties of nanostructured SnO2 electrodes modified with porphyrin and fullerene compositesHiroshi Imahori
Department of Molecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Phys Chem B 109:18465-74. 2005..These results show that hydrogen bonding is a highly promising methodology for the fabrication of donor and acceptor composites on nanostructured semiconducting electrodes, which exhibit high photoelectrochemical properties...
- Sentinel lymph node radiolocalization with 99mTc filtered tin colloid in clinically node-negative squamous cell carcinomas of the oral cavityHan Sin Jeong
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:865-70. 2006....
- Sentinel node biopsy using dye and isotope double tracers in early gastric cancerJun Ho Lee
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu1 dong, Ilsandong gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 410 769, South Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1168-74. 2006..However, the usefulness of this double tracer technique has not been determined in gastric cancer. The aim of this study was to investigate the possibility of improving SN biopsy results by using double tracers in gastric cancer...
- Self-assembly of active IrO2 colloid catalyst on an ITO electrode for efficient electrochemical water oxidationMasayuki Yagi
Faculty of Education and Human Sciences, and Center for Transdisciplinary Research, Niigata University, 8050 Ikarashi 2, Niigata 950 2181, Japan
J Phys Chem B 109:21489-91. 2005..3-2.5) x 10(4) h(-1)) of IrO(2) in the hitherto-reported catalysts for electrochemical water oxidation...
- Electrochemical detection of celecoxib at a polyaniline grafted multiwall carbon nanotubes modified electrodeKalayil Manian Manesh
Department of Chemistry Graduate School, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, South Korea
Anal Chim Acta 626:1-9. 2008..The present finding open-up the scope for extending on the use of other conducting polymers grafted MWNTs modified electrodes for the detection of compounds that do not have surface-active properties at conventional electrodes...
- Size-dependent electrochemical behavior of thiol-capped CdTe nanocrystals in aqueous solutionSergey K Poznyak
Physico Chemical Research Institute, Belarussian State University, 220050 Minsk, Belarus
J Phys Chem B 109:1094-100. 2005..At a certain nanocrystal size, the trap level can even move out of the band gap...
- Differential pulse voltammetric determination of tin in the presence of noble metalsDamiano Monticelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Ambientali, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Via Valleggio, 11 22100 Como, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 383:115-21. 2005..The proposed method is validated with real Pt-Sn catalysts...
- Electrochemical tuning of silver nanoparticles fabricated by nanosphere lithographyXiaoyu Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Nano Lett 5:1503-7. 2005..AFM and SEM results demonstrate that the preferential order of electrochemical oxidation for a nanotriangle is, surprisingly, bottom edges first, then triangular tips, then out-of-plane height...
- Individualized surgery for early gastric cancer guided by sentinel node biopsyTakashi Ichikura
Department of Surgery I, National Defense Medical College Hospital, Tokorozawa, Japan
Surgery 139:501-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate individualized operations for gastric cancer guided by SN biopsy and to explore the possibility for more limited operative procedures using SN technology...
- Chemical control of electrode functionalization for detection of DNA hybridization by electrochemical impedance spectroscopyShanlin Pan
Department of Chemistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Langmuir 21:1022-7. 2005....
- Photoinduced thermal copper reduction onto gold nanocrystals under potentiostatic controlPeter L Redmond
Chemistry Department, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:25158-62. 2006..Numerical simulation of the Butler-Volmer kinetic equation using experimental parameters predicts a several orders of magnitude increase in current for a temperature rise of a few Kelvin...
- Stereoscopic scintigraphic imaging of breast cancer sentinel lymph nodesChikako Tanaka
Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
Breast Cancer 14:92-9. 2007..Conventional planar scintigraphy cannot provide three-dimensional(3D) information for SLN biopsy. We applied stereoscopic imaging to preoperative lymphoscintigraphy to obtain 3D information and evaluated its usefulness...
- Particle sizes of colloids to be used in sentinel lymph node radiolocalizationIgnacio R Jimenez
Radiopharmacy Unit, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Nucl Med Commun 29:166-72. 2008....
- Orbital drainage of different sizes of colloids in rabbits: a dynamic scintigraphic studyUmit Beden
Department of Ophthalmology, Ondokuz Mayis University, Kurupelit, Samsun, Turkey
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2563-7. 2008..To investigate the drainage patterns of radiolabeled colloids of different sizes injected into the orbital cavity in an animal model...
- Preoperative lymphoscintigraphy for detection of sentinel lymph node in patients with gastric cancer--initial experienceTadaki Nakahara
Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1447-53. 2008..Preoperative lymphoscintigraphy may be informative when assessing nodal status in patients with early gastric cancer, especially for surgeons who are scheduled to introduce or have just introduced SLN biopsy...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy is accurate in breast cancer patients with a clinically negative axillary nodal status at presentationP Gimbergues
Department of Surgery, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1316-21. 2008..The aim of our study was to determine clinicopathological factors that may influence the accuracy of SLN biopsy after NAC...
- A generic approach for embedded catalyst-supported vertically aligned nanowire growthHee Suk Chung
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nano Lett 8:1328-34. 2008..We demonstrate that our approach for vertically aligned nanowire growth is generic and can be extended to various complex substrates such as conducting indium tin oxide...
- Which biopsy method is more suitable between a basin dissection and pick-up biopsy for sentinel nodes in laparoscopic sentinel-node navigation surgery (LSNNS) for gastric cancer?Young Joon Lee
Department of Surgery, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jinju, Gyeongsang South Province, Korea
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:357-63. 2008..The aims of this study were to determine whether laparoscopic SNNS is possible, and which biopsy method is more suitable for SN tracers, in gastric cancer, preoperatively diagnosed as < or =T2 and with < or =4-cm-sized lesions...
- Spectroelectrochemical characterization of a pentaheme cytochrome in solution and as electrocatalytically active films on nanocrystalline metal-oxide electrodesSophie J Marritt
Centre for Metalloprotein Spectroscopy and Biology, School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
J Am Chem Soc 130:8588-9. 2008....
- Colloidal deposition on remotely controlled charged micropatterned surfaces in a parallel-plate flow chamberTimothy R Kline
Department of Biology and Chemistry, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, California 91702, USA
Langmuir 24:9381-5. 2008..Specifically, we propose that colloidal particles respond to local variations in surface potential through electrostatic interactions, altering particle streamlines flowing along the surface and ultimately the extent of deposition...
- Synthesis of mesoporous tin oxide and its application as a LNG sensorNam Hyon Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, Incheon 402 751, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3914-6. 2007..Those mesoporous SnO2 sensors exhibited the similar sensoring properties in CH4 and CO detection. The fast speed of response and high sensitivity were obtained for mesoporous tin oxide sensor as compared to non-porous one...
- Synthesis and electrical property of indium tin oxide nanofibers using electrospinning methodYoung In Lee
Department of Fine Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Ansan 426 791, Korea
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3910-3. 2007..After the heat treatment of ITO/PVP composite nanofibers at 600 degrees C and 1000 degrees C, ITO nanofibers with an average diameter of about 168 nm and 165 nm were synthesized, respectively...
- Electrochemical immunosensor for carcinoembryonic antigen based on antigen immobilization in gold nanoparticles modified chitosan membraneJiehua Lin
College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, P R China
Anal Sci 23:1059-63. 2007..0 ng/ml. The prepared CEA immunosensor is not only economic due to the low-cost ITO electrode obtained from industrial mass production, but is also capable with good stability and reproducibility for batch fabrication...
- Selective release of DNA from the surface of indium-tin oxide thin electrode films using thiol-disulfide exchange chemistryEric J Moore
Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Anal Chem 79:2050-7. 2007..The ability to control specific release of biomolecules has applications for the development of novel biosensor platforms and a range of medical devices...
- Sentinel node biopsy in primary breast cancer: radioactive detection and metastatic diseaseN Wada
Breast Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1, Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:691-5. 2007..To examine the relationship between the intensity of the radioactive counts and the presence of tumor metastasis in sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) in order to correctly identify the number of SLNs to be removed...
- Influence of surface electrode on luminescent properties of nanocrystalline silicon electroluminescent deviceKeisuke Sato
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, Ishizaka, Hatoyama, Hikigun, Saitama 350 0394, Japan
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:653-7. 2007..This was due to the high value of transmittance in the red region of the ITO electrode. We suggest that the ITO electrode is an optimum surface electrode for the realization of nc-Si based EL device with the high brightness...
- Optoelectric biosensor using indium-tin-oxide electrodesChang Kyoung Choi
Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 2210, USA
Opt Lett 32:1405-7. 2007....
- Radio-guided sentinel node mapping in patients with superficial esophageal carcinoma: feasibility studyShin Ichi Kosugi
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata City, Japan
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 16:181-6. 2007..8% (7 of 9), and the false-negative rate was 100% (2 of 2). The present study showed that radio-guided sentinel node detection is insufficiently reliable at present due to the high false-negative rate and low accuracy...
- Determination of methylprednisolone acetate in biological fluids at gold nanoparticles modified ITO electrodeRajendra N Goyal
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:1147-53. 2007..It is believed that the method will be useful in determining this drug in case of doping...
- Amperometric biosensor based on coentrapment of enzyme and mediator by gold nanoparticles on indium-tin oxide electrodeJiehua Lin
College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, People s Republic of China
Anal Biochem 370:180-5. 2007..998 (n=14) and a detection limit of 1microM at a signal/noise ratio of 3. The proposed method provides a new alternative to develop low-cost biosensors by using ITO film electrodes from industrial mass production...
- Highly conductive coaxial SnO(2)-In(2)O(3) heterostructured nanowires for Li ion battery electrodesDong Wan Kim
Nano Science Research Division, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul 136 791, Korea
Nano Lett 7:3041-5. 2007..This provides the SnO(2)-In(2)O(3) nanowires with an outstanding lithium storage capacity, making them suitable for promising Li ion battery electrodes...
- Investigation of mediated oxidation of ascorbic acid by ferrocenemethanol using large-amplitude Fourier transformed ac voltammetry under quasi-reversible electron-transfer conditions at an indium tin oxide electrodeBenchaporn Lertanantawong
School of Bioresources and Technology, King Mongkut s University of Technology, Thonburi, Thailand
Anal Chem 80:6515-25. 2008..The theoretical concepts derived for large-amplitude FT ac voltammetry are believed to be applicable to a wide range of important solution-based mediated electrocatalytic reactions...
- Electrochemiluminescence detection with integrated indium tin oxide electrode on electrophoretic microchip for direct bioanalysis of lincomycin in the urineXiaocui Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science, Changchun 130022, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 810:137-42. 2004..0 microM was obtained. This method can determine lincomycin in the urine sample without pretreatment, which demonstrated that it is a promising method of detection of lincomycin in clinical and pharmaceutical area...
- Comparison between periareolar and peritumoral injection of radiotracer for sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with breast cancerKenzo Shimazu
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Surgery 131:277-86. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare periareolar and peritumoral injection of radiotracer in detecting SLN in patients with breast cancer...
- CT-guided lymphoscintigraphy in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a feasibility studyClaus Muhle
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, University of Schleswig Holstein Kiel, Campus Kiel, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:940-4. 2004..In contrast to endoscopic colloid injection under general anaesthesia, this technique seems to be a well-tolerated method for lymphatic mapping prior to surgical procedures...
- Use of technetium-99m tin colloid for sentinel lymph node identification in non-small cell lung cancerHiroaki Nomori
Departments of Thoracic Surgery and Pathology, Saiseikai Central Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:486-92. 2002..To test the reliability of sentinel lymph node identification in non-small cell lung cancer, sentinel nodes were localized with a radioactive colloid in patients undergoing surgery...
- Electric field directed layer-by-layer assembly of highly fluorescent CdTe nanoparticlesJ Sun
Department of Physics, Center of Nanoscience, University of Munich, Amalienstrasse 54, D-80799 Munich, Germany
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 1:133-6. 2001..However, fluorescence investigation indicates that a spacer layer of polyelectrolyte complex between the ITO electrode and the CdTe film is useful to protect the CdTe from being destroyed under high voltages...
- Nanocrystalline sensor-grade Sn1-xInxO2 (0 < or = x < or = 0.2)K I Gnanasekar
Surface Science, Spectroscopy and Solid State Ionics Laboratory, Department of Physics, Southern University and A and M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 2:189-96. 2002..The electrical conductivity and activation energy of Sn1-xInxO2 (0 < or = x < or = 0.2) undergo significant changes when the average grain size is less than or equal to 2 x the Debye length, LD...
- Single institution's initial experience with sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer patientsW S Yong
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
ANZ J Surg 73:416-21. 2003..Our aim was to determine the feasibility of detecting the sentinel node in a teaching hospital and whether the sentinel node accurately predicts the axillary status...
- Lymphoscintigraphic visualization of internal mammary nodes with subtumoral injection of radiocolloid in patients with breast cancerKenzo Shimazu
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Ann Surg 237:390-8. 2003..To determine whether subtumoral injection of radiocolloid is useful for lymphoscintigraphic visualization of the internal mammary node and in sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy of the axilla in breast cancer patients...
- Sentinel lymph node navigation surgery in Paget's disease of the vulvaGen Kudo
Department of Radiology, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Kutsukake, Toyoake, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 27:909-10. 2002
- Intradermal radioisotope injection is superior to subdermal injection for the identification of the sentinel node in breast cancer patientsKazuyoshi Motomura
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
J Surg Oncol 82:91-6; discussion 96-7. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate whether the intradermal injection of radiocolloids would improve the identification rate of sentinel nodes over the subdermal injection in breast cancer patients...
- Radio-guided sentinel node detection for gastric cancerY Kitagawa
Departments of Surgery, Radiology and Pathology, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Surg 89:604-8. 2002..However, the validity of the SN hypothesis is still controversial for gastrointestinal cancers including gastric cancer. The aim of this study was to test the feasibility and accuracy of radio-guided mapping of SNs for gastric cancer...
- Combination of subareolar blue dye and peritumoral RI for sentinel lymph node biopsyNobuyuki Tsunoda
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai cho Showa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Breast Cancer 9:323-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the optimal technique for sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB)...
- Sentinel lymph node mapping for gastric cancer using a dual procedure with dye- and gamma probe-guided techniquesHideki Hayashi
Department of Academic Surgery M9, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 196:68-74. 2003..The objective of this study was to test the feasibility of SN mapping in gastric cancers by using the dual-mapping procedure with dye and radioactive colloid...
- Functionalizing nanocrystalline metal oxide electrodes with robust synthetic redox proteinsEmmanuel Topoglidis
Center of Electronic Materials and Devices, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Chembiochem 4:1332-9. 2003....
- Sentinel nodes of malignancies originating in the alimentary tractHirofumi Fujii
Department of Radiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinano machi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:1-12. 2004....
- Room temperature hydrogen gas sensitivity of nanocrystalline pure tin oxideS Shukla
Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center AMPAC, Mechanical Materials Aerospace Engineering Department MMAE, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 32816, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 4:141-5. 2004..This low activation energy value is correlated, via excess oxygen-ion vacancy concentration, with the room temperature hydrogen gas sensitivity of the nanocrystalline pure-SnO2 thin film sensor...
- Mesoporous SnO2 synthesized with non-ionic surfactants as an anode material for lithium batteriesV Subramanian
Surface Sciences and Solid State Ionics Laboratory, Department of Physics, Southern University, A and M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 4:125-31. 2004..There was a decrease in the charge-transfer resistance with respect to the discharge potential. The synthesis and structural and electrochemical properties of the mesoporous tin oxides are correlated and discussed in detail...
- [Effect of heat treatment on the electrocatalytic activity of SnO2/Ti anode in degradation of p-benzoquinone]Jian Zhong Yan
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 25:30-4. 2004..3% of total organic carbon (TOC) was removed with SnO2/Ti(O2), compared with 63.3% of SnO2/Ti(air). The similar exponential rules were driven for the variations of residual TOC concentration with two anodes...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy with 99mTC tin-colloid in patients with gastric carcinomaMin Chan Kim
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Hepatogastroenterology 50:ccxiv-ccxv. 2003..The sentinel lymph node (SLN) is defined as the first draining node from the primary lesion. The objective of this study was to determine the feasibility of SLN biopsy in patients with gastric cancer for assessment of lymph node status...
- Literature review--efficacy of various disinfectants against Legionella in water systemsB R Kim
Ford Research Laboratory, Dearborn, MI 48121, USA
Water Res 36:4433-44. 2002..agents (heterocyclic ketones, guanidines, thiocarbamates, aldehydes, amines, thiocyanates, organo-tin compounds, halogenated amides, and halogenated glycols), and UV light...
- The neurotoxicology and pathology of organomercury, organolead, and organotinL W Chang
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205
J Toxicol Sci 15:125-51. 1990..Both trimethyl and triethyl tin compounds are found to be extremely neurotoxic...
- Evaluation of employee exposure to organic tin compounds used as stabilizers at PVC processing facilitiesCarol Boraiko
Arkema Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 2:73-6; quiz D6-7. 2005Organic tin compounds are primary substances used as heat stabilizers by the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) industry. The use of these compounds in the PVC industry is generally well controlled, usually by automated processes...
- Modifications of erythrocyte membrane hydration induced by organic tin compoundsRomuald Zyłka
Department of Physics and Biophysics, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland
Cell Biol Int 33:801-6. 2009..Phenyl tin compounds penetrate membranes to an intermediate depth...
- Organotin compounds enhance 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I activity in human choriocarcinoma JAr cells: potential promotion of 17beta-estradiol biosynthesis in human placentaTsuyoshi Nakanishi
Department of Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 71:1349-57. 2006..We investigated the effects of 17 tin compounds on the catalytic activity and mRNA expression of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (17beta-HSD I) in ..
- Case study: bioavailability of tin and tin compoundsHeinz Rüdel
Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology Fraunhofer IME, 57377 Schmallenberg, Germany
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 56:180-9. 2003This article reviews the literature related to the bioavailability of tin, inorganic tin compounds, and organotin compounds. On the one hand, the toxicity of metallic tin and inorganic tin compounds is low...
- Butyl and phenyl tin compounds in fish and shellfish on the Korean marketChang Hwan Oh
Department of Oriental Medical Food and Nutrition, Semyung University, 117 Semyung ro, Jecheon, Chungbuk, 390 711, Korea
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 83:239-43. 2009..02 ng/g-wet wt.) among fish and shellfish. TBT usually accounted higher percentage than that of MBT and DBT in most samples. However, the average concentration order of PTs in the tested samples was MPT > TPT > DPT except saury...
- Speciation of butyl- and phenyltin compounds in sediments using pressurized liquid extraction and liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryS Chiron
BRGM, Service Analyse et Caractérisation Minérale, Orleans, France
J Chromatogr A 879:137-45. 2000..of butyl- (monobutyltin, dibutyltin, tributyltin) and phenyl- (monophenyltin, diphenyltin, triphenyltin) tin compounds in sediments. After evaluation of different additives in the mobile phase, the use of 0...
- Speciation of inorganic and organotin compounds in biological samples by liquid chromatography with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometric detectionU T Kumar
Department of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172
J Chromatogr A 654:261-8. 1993..The relative standard deviation for ten injections of 20 ng of the tin compounds was less than 5%...
- Determination of butyltin species in water and sediment by solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-flame ionization detectionE Millan
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Chromatogr A 873:63-71. 2000..The detection limit for butyltin species in water, which was limited by signals which are non-specific for the tin compounds and the sensitivity of the FID system, was found ca. 1 microg/l (as Sn)...
- Tin compounds interaction with membranes of egg lecithin liposomesDariusz Man
Institute of Physics, Opole University, Oleska 48, 45 052 Opole, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 62:427-32. 2007This work is a continuation of earlier research concerning the influence of tin compounds on the dynamic properties of liposome membranes produced with lecithin hen egg yolks (EYL)...
- Activation of RXR-PPAR heterodimers by organotin environmental endocrine disruptorsAlbane le Maire
INSERM, U554, Universites Montpellier 1 and 2, 29 rue de Navacelles, 34090 Montpellier, France
EMBO Rep 10:367-73. 2009..Our data allow an understanding of the binding and activation properties of the various organotins and suggest a mechanism by which these tin compounds could affect other nuclear receptor signalling pathways.
- Dietary intake of organotin compounds in Finland: a market-basket studyPanu Rantakokko
Department of Environmental Health, National Public Health Institute, P O Box 95, FI 70701, Kuopio, Finland
Food Addit Contam 23:749-56. 2006The objective of this study was to estimate the intake of organic tin compounds from foodstuffs in a Finnish market basket...
- Structure-dependent activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma by organotin compoundsYouhei Hiromori
Laboratory of Hygienic Chemistry and Molecular Toxicology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 180:238-44. 2009..Our observations indicate that trialkylated and triphenylated tin compounds are the most potent PPARgamma agonists among the alkylated and phenylated tin compounds, and a phenyl ..
- The cyto- and genotoxicity of organotin compounds is dependent on the cellular uptake capabilityE Dopp
Institute of Hygiene and Occupational Medicine, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Toxicology 232:226-34. 2007..The cellular uptake was assessed using ICP-MS analysis. The toxicity of the tin compounds was also evaluated after forced uptake by electroporation...
- Metabolism of a tetraphenyltin compound in rats after a single oral doseShuji Ohhira
Department of Hygiene, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu machi, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
J Appl Toxicol 23:31-5. 2003..These results imply that the slight toxicities of tetraphenyltin might be due to the relatively low uptake of tin compounds after ingestion...
- Removal of As(III) and As(V) by Tin(II) compoundsBernabé L Rivas
Department of Polymers, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Concepcion, Casilla 160 C, Concepcion, Chile
Water Res 44:5730-9. 2010..The arsenic retention ability depended on the class of tin compounds prepared, with a higher efficiency for arsenic being observed at basic pH for soluble complex poly(AA)-Sn(II) ..
- Direct Grignard pentylation of organotin-contaminated lard samples followed by capillary gas chromatography with flame photometric detectionG B Jiang
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Chromatogr A 886:197-205. 2000..The analysis of pentylated tin compounds by GC-MS confirmed the existence of methyltins and inorganic tin in lard samples, which was agreeable with the ..
- Efficient oxidation of 1,2-diols into alpha-hydroxyketones catalyzed by organotin compoundsToshihide Maki
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 14 Bunkyo machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
Chemistry 15:5364-70. 2009..Mono-, di-, and trialkylated tin compounds were examined as mediators and dialkylated tin compounds showed higher catalytic activity than mono- and ..
- Calibration and use of the Chemcatcher passive sampler for monitoring organotin compounds in waterR Aguilar-Martínez
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University Complutense of Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 618:157-67. 2008..The samplers provided time-weighted average concentrations of the bioavailable fractions of the tin compounds where environmental concentrations fluctuated markedly in time.
- Study on the new antifouling compounds in Korean coastsSeong Eon Lee
Department of Applied Chemistry, Hanyang University, Sangnok gu, Ansan, Kyeonggi Do, Korea
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 85:538-43. 2010After prohibition of use of organic tin compounds, new antifouling agents have been used as substitute paints...
- Municipal landfills exhale newly formed organotinsSanjay K Mitra
University of Aberdeen, College of Physical Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Old Aberdeen, Scotland, UKAB24 3UE
J Environ Monit 7:1066-8. 2005For the first time we are able to report the identification and quantification of several unexpected alkylated tin compounds such as dimethyldiethyltin, trimethylethyltin and propyltrimethyltin in European municipal waste deposits, by ..
- Speciation of inorganic and tetramethyltin by headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryNikolaos M Tzollas
Lab of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Sep Sci 33:1610-6. 2010..The proposed HS-SPME-GC-MS method was proved suitable to monitor the concentration levels of toxic tin compounds in environmental and biological samples.
- An excellent enzyme biosensor based on Sb-doped SnO2 nanowiresLimiao Li
Department of Chemistry, Key Lab of Bioorganic Phosphorus Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2436-41. 2010..This study demonstrated that Sb-doped SnO(2) nanowires were promising platform for the construction of mediator-free biosensors and provided new further fundamental insights into the study of nanoscience and nanodevices...
- A highly sensitive ethanol sensor based on mesoporous ZnO-SnO2 nanofibersXiaofeng Song
Alan G MacDiarmid Institute, Jilin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
Nanotechnology 20:075501. 2009..It is found that the mesoporous fiber film obtained exhibited excellent ethanol sensing properties, such as high sensitivity, quick response and recovery, good reproducibility, and linearity in the range 3-500 ppm...
- Two-dimensional infrared spectroscopy reveals the structure of an Evans auxiliary derivative and its SnCl4 Lewis acid complexAndreas T Messmer
Institute of Biophysics, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, Max von Laue Str 1, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Chemistry 18:14989-95. 2012..This work sets the stage for future studies of other catalyst-substrate complexes and intermediates using a combination of P2D-IR spectroscopy and DFT computations...
- Carbon/SnO2/carbon core/shell/shell hybrid nanofibers: tailored nanostructure for the anode of lithium ion batteries with high reversibility and rate capacityJunhua Kong
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Avenue, 639798, Singapore
Nanoscale 4:525-30. 2012..Furthermore, the embedded and de-aggregated SnO(2) nanoparticles in the carbon phase, which are less than 10 nm in size, provide large numbers of reaction sites for lithium ions and ensure complete alloying with them...
- Covalent immobilization of oriented photosystem II on a nanostructured electrode for solar water oxidationMasaru Kato
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK
J Am Chem Soc 135:10610-3. 2013....
- Dye-sensitized solar cells employing a SnO2-TiO2 core-shell structure made by atomic layer depositionMartin Karlsson
Department of Chemistry, Ångström Laboratory Uppsala University Box 523, 751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
Chimia (Aarau) 67:142-8. 2013..Similar improvements in device performance were obtained for solid-state DSC devices...
- Preparation of sulfonic-functionalized graphene oxide as ion-exchange material and its application into electrochemiluminescence analysisGuifen Chen
Department of Chemistry, Liaocheng University, Liaocheng, Shandong, China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:3136-41. 2011....
- Conjugate addition of allyl stannanes with concomitant triflationEllen D Beaulieu
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, USA
Org Lett 10:869-72. 2008..This reaction works with functionalized enones, enals, enoates, and vinylogous esters. The resulting vinyl triflates can be used for intramolecular Heck reactions to afford the products of 5-exo-trig cyclization...
- Optical properties of zigzag twinned geometry of Zn2SnO4 nanowiresSathyaharish Jeedigunta
Nanomaterials and Nanomanufacturing Research Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:486-9. 2007..Low-temperature photoluminescence properties of the nanowires were measured, showing a strong green emission band at about 515 nm and a weak peak corresponding to UV emission at about 378 nm, which have not been reported before...
- Synthesis of SnS quantum dotsYing Xu
School of Chemical and Physical Sciences and the MacDiarmid Institute of Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
J Am Chem Soc 131:15990-1. 2009..Highly mondispersed SnS nanocrystals have been synthesized using ethanolamine ligands. SnS nanocrystals are small enough to be in the quantum confinement regime...
- Higher toxicity of dibutyltin and poly-L-lactide with a large amount of tin but lower toxicity of poly-L-lactide of synthetic artificial dura mater exhibited on murine astrocyte cell lineMasayoshi Tsuji
Department of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Fukushima Medical University
Yakugaku Zasshi 130:847-55. 2010..Although DBT does not reach levels that induced neurotoxicity in artificial dura mater, these results suggest that DBT is neurotoxic and PLLA toxicity increases with the increase in tin concentration...
- Extraction and purification of purple membrane for photochromic thin film development: application in photoelectrochemical investigationP C Pandey
Department of Applied Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 168:936-46. 2012..An increase in applied negative potential increases the amplitude of photocurrent whereas decrease in film thickness facilitates the reversibility of photocurrent response...
- ACYCLIC STEREOCONTROL IN RADICAL REACTIONSMUKUND SIBI; Fiscal Year: 2007..the amounts of tin used in radical reactions and a more challenging goal of radical reactions in aqueous media using an organic chain transfer agent thereby eliminating the toxicity related with tin compounds. [unreadable] [unreadable]
- TUMOR REMISSION--TAXOL AND CLOSE ANALOGS VIA SYNTHESISLEO PAQUETTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These include, but are not limited to, the 1-deoxy, D-homo-, 2-desmethyl, and 12-methylene derivatives, in addition to the D-ring invertomer and the C-nor isomer. ..
- SPECT MAMMOGRAPHY USING ROTATING SLANT HOLE COLLIMATORSTEPHEN KNISLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will provide much improved capability in evaluating the extent and characterization of breast cancers for staging purposes that have been found useful in the surgical management of breast cancer. ..
- TRANSMEMBRANE POTENTIAL MAPPING OF DEFIBRILLATIONSTEPHEN KNISLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The project will yield insights that are necessary in order to advance understanding of cellular bases of defibrillation. ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Bioactive Chiral AminesGREGORY FRIESTAD; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long term, these endeavors will advance the art and science of synthetic organic chemistry toward the ideal of efficiency, a long-term goal which remains mostly inaccessible in syntheses of complex natural products. ..
- Mechanisms of Arrhythmias and Defibrillation in IschemiaSTEPHEN KNISLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UCD Combinatorial Center - Novel and Diverse Pilot-Scale Library Production (RMI)MARK KURTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..As required by the RFA, at least 10 mg of each library member will be archived and each will have =90% purity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..