Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ticlopidine is an effective inhibitor of platelet aggregation. The drug has been found to significantly reduce infarction size in acute myocardial infarcts and is an effective antithrombotic agent in arteriovenous fistulas, aorto-coronary bypass grafts, ischemic heart disease, venous thrombosis, and arteriosclerosis.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromesLars Wallentin
Uppsala Clinical Research Center, Uppsala, Sweden
N Engl J Med 361:1045-57. 2009..Ticagrelor is an oral, reversible, direct-acting inhibitor of the adenosine diphosphate receptor P2Y12 that has a more rapid onset and more pronounced platelet inhibition than clopidogrel...
- Reduced-function CYP2C19 genotype and risk of adverse clinical outcomes among patients treated with clopidogrel predominantly for PCI: a meta-analysisJessica L Mega
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
JAMA 304:1821-30. 2010..Data suggest its pharmacologic effect varies based on CYP2C19 genotype, but there is uncertainty regarding the clinical risk imparted by specific genotypes...
- CYP2C19 genotype, clopidogrel metabolism, platelet function, and cardiovascular events: a systematic review and meta-analysisMichael V Holmes
Genetic Epidemiology Group, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Pl, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
JAMA 306:2704-14. 2011....
- Clopidogrel with or without omeprazole in coronary artery diseaseDeepak L Bhatt
Veterans AffairsBoston Healthcare System, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02132, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1909-17. 2010..Recently, concerns have been raised about the potential for PPIs to blunt the efficacy of clopidogrel...
- Prognostic significance of post-clopidogrel platelet reactivity assessed by a point-of-care assay on thrombotic events after drug-eluting stent implantationMatthew J Price
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Scripps Clinic, 10666 North Torrey Pines Road, Maildrop S1056, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur Heart J 29:992-1000. 2008....
- Prasugrel versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromesStephen D Wiviott
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2001-15. 2007..Dual-antiplatelet therapy with aspirin and a thienopyridine is a cornerstone of treatment to prevent thrombotic complications of acute coronary syndromes and percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Standard- vs high-dose clopidogrel based on platelet function testing after percutaneous coronary intervention: the GRAVITAS randomized trialMatthew J Price
Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California, USA
JAMA 305:1097-105. 2011..High platelet reactivity while receiving clopidogrel has been linked to cardiovascular events after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), but a treatment strategy for this issue is not well defined...
- Consensus and future directions on the definition of high on-treatment platelet reactivity to adenosine diphosphateLaurent Bonello
Department of Cardiology, Institut National de la Santè et de la Recherche Médicale Unité Mixte de Recherche 608, Hopital Universitaire Nord, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:919-33. 2010..This review provides a consensus opinion on the definition of high on-treatment platelet reactivity to ADP based on various methods reported in the literature and proposes how this measurement may be used in the future care of patients...
- Cytochrome p-450 polymorphisms and response to clopidogrelJessica L Mega
Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 360:354-62. 2009..Clopidogrel requires transformation into an active metabolite by cytochrome P-450 (CYP) enzymes for its antiplatelet effect. The genes encoding CYP enzymes are polymorphic, with common alleles conferring reduced function...
- Association of cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype with the antiplatelet effect and clinical efficacy of clopidogrel therapyAlan R Shuldiner
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 660 W Redwood St, Room 494, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
JAMA 302:849-57. 2009..However, nonresponsiveness is widely recognized and is related to recurrent ischemic events...
- Randomized double-blind assessment of the ONSET and OFFSET of the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with stable coronary artery disease: the ONSET/OFFSET studyPaul A Gurbel
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, 2401 W Belvedere Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Circulation 120:2577-85. 2009..This is the first study to compare the onset and offset of platelet inhibition (IPA) with ticagrelor using the PLATO (PLATelet inhibition and patient Outcomes) trial loading dose (180 mg) with a high loading dose (600 mg) of clopidogrel...
- Platelet reactivity and cardiovascular outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention: a time-dependent analysis of the Gauging Responsiveness with a VerifyNow P2Y12 assay: Impact on Thrombosis and Safety (GRAVITAS) trialMatthew J Price
Scripps Clinic and Scripps Translational Science Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Circulation 124:1132-7. 2011..The aim of this analysis was to examine the relationship between outcomes and OTR over the course of the trial...
- Point-of-care genetic testing for personalisation of antiplatelet treatment (RAPID GENE): a prospective, randomised, proof-of-concept trialJason D Roberts
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Lancet 379:1705-11. 2012..We used a novel point-of-care genetic test to identify carriers of the CYP2C19*2 allele and aimed to assess a pharmacogenetic approach to dual antiplatelet treatment after PCI...
- Comparison of platelet function tests in predicting clinical outcome in patients undergoing coronary stent implantationNicoline J Breet
Department of Cardiology, St Antonius Hospital, PO Box 2500, 3435 CM Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
JAMA 303:754-62. 2010..None of the tests provided accurate prognostic information to identify patients at higher risk of bleeding following stent implantation. Trial Registration clinical trials.gov Identifier: NCT00352014 [corrected]...
- A randomized trial of prasugrel versus clopidogrel in patients with high platelet reactivity on clopidogrel after elective percutaneous coronary intervention with implantation of drug-eluting stents: results of the TRIGGER-PCI (Testing Platelet ReactivityDietmar Trenk
Universitaets Herzzentrum Freiburg Bad Krozingen, Klinik fuer Kardiologie und Angiologie, Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:2159-64. 2012..This study sought to investigate the efficacy, safety, and antiplatelet effect of prasugrel as compared with clopidogrel in patients with high on-treatment platelet reactivity (HTPR) after elective percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism is a major determinant of clopidogrel responsiveness in healthy subjectsJean Sebastien Hulot
INSERM U 765, Service d Hématologie Biologique A, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Blood 108:2244-7. 2006....
- Platelet reactivity after clopidogrel treatment assessed with point-of-care analysis and early drug-eluting stent thrombosisDirk Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum and Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:849-56. 2009..The aim of this prospective trial was to assess whether platelet reactivity to clopidogrel assessed with multiple electrode platelet aggregometry (MEA) correlates with the risk of early drug-eluting stent thrombosis (ST)...
- Platelet inhibition with cangrelor in patients undergoing PCIRobert A Harrington
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
N Engl J Med 361:2318-29. 2009..This agent might have a role in the treatment of patients who require rapid, predictable, and profound but reversible platelet inhibition...
- Clopidogrel versus aspirin and esomeprazole to prevent recurrent ulcer bleedingFrancis K L Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
N Engl J Med 352:238-44. 2005..guidelines also recommend clopidrogel for patients who have major gastrointestinal intolerance of aspirin. We compared clopidogrel with aspirin plus esomeprazole for the prevention of recurrent bleeding from ulcers in high-risk patients...
- Impact of CYP2C19 variant genotypes on clinical efficacy of antiplatelet treatment with clopidogrel: systematic review and meta-analysisTim Bauer
Department of Pharmacology, University Hospital of Cologne, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
BMJ 343:d4588. 2011..To evaluate the accumulated information from genetic association studies investigating the impact of variants of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19 genotype on the clinical efficacy of clopidogrel...
- Comparison of methods to evaluate clopidogrel-mediated platelet inhibition after percutaneous intervention with stent implantationThomas Gremmel
Division of Angiology, Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 101:333-9. 2009..Further, it may be too early to define the gold standard method for assessing residual ADP-inducible platelet reactivity and generally acceptable cut-off values...
- Impact of platelet reactivity on clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention. A collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant dataSomjot S Brar
Kaiser Permanente, Regional Cardiac Cath Lab, 4867 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:1945-54. 2011....
- Response to ticagrelor in clopidogrel nonresponders and responders and effect of switching therapies: the RESPOND studyPaul A Gurbel
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Circulation 121:1188-99. 2010..The antiplatelet effects of the Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes (PLATO) trial dose of ticagrelor in patients nonresponsive to clopidogrel and after they switch agents are unknown...
- Comparison of the pharmacodynamic effects of the platelet ADP receptor antagonists clopidogrel and AR-C69931MX in patients with ischaemic heart diseaseRobert F Storey
Cardiovascular Medicine, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Platelets 13:407-13. 2002..In conclusion, therapeutic administration of clopidogrel moderately inhibits platelet P2Y(12) receptor activation and substantially greater P2Y(12) receptor blockade can be achieved with AR-C69931MX...
- Clopidogrel non-responsiveness and risk of cardiovascular morbidity. An updated meta-analysisFrancesco Sofi
Department of Medical and Surgical Critical Care, Thrombosis Centre, University of Florence, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Thromb Haemost 103:841-8. 2010....
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism and stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary interventionDirk Sibbing
Department of Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum and 1 Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:916-22. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of the CYP2C19 681G>A loss-of-function polymorphism on ST following PCI performed after pre-treatment with clopidogrel...
- Randomized comparison of adjunctive cilostazol versus high maintenance dose clopidogrel in patients with high post-treatment platelet reactivity: results of the ACCEL-RESISTANCE (Adjunctive Cilostazol Versus High Maintenance Dose Clopidogrel in Patients WYoung Hoon Jeong
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jinju, Korea
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1101-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the impact of adjunctive cilostazol in patients with high post-treatment platelet reactivity (HPPR) undergoing coronary stenting...
- Genetic determinants of response to clopidogrel and cardiovascular eventsTabassome Simon
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 06, France
N Engl J Med 360:363-75. 2009..The effect of these determinants on clinical outcomes after an acute myocardial infarction is unknown...
- P2Y(12) inhibitors: differences in properties and mechanisms of action and potential consequences for clinical useLars Wallentin
Uppsala Clinical Research Centre, University Hospital, Uppsala SE 75185, Sweden
Eur Heart J 30:1964-77. 2009..Active metabolites of the thienopyridine prodrugs (ticlopidine, clopidogrel, and prasugrel) covalently bind to the P2Y(12) receptor and are irreversible, indirect platelet ..
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 polymorphism in young patients treated with clopidogrel after myocardial infarction: a cohort studyJean Philippe Collet
Institut de Cardiologie, INSERM 856, Universite Paris 6, hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière AP HP, Paris, France
Lancet 373:309-17. 2009..We assessed whether the CYP2C19*2 polymorphism affected long-term prognosis of patients who were chronically treated with clopidogrel...
- Comparison of ticagrelor, the first reversible oral P2Y(12) receptor antagonist, with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes: Rationale, design, and baseline characteristics of the PLATelet inhibition and patient Outcomes (PLATO) trialStefan James
Uppsala Clinical Research Center, Sweden
Am Heart J 157:599-605. 2009....
- Genetic variants in ABCB1 and CYP2C19 and cardiovascular outcomes after treatment with clopidogrel and prasugrel in the TRITON-TIMI 38 trial: a pharmacogenetic analysisJessica L Mega
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 376:1312-9. 2010..We also assessed the effect of genotype on the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of these drugs in healthy individuals...
- Inhibition of platelet aggregation by AZD6140, a reversible oral P2Y12 receptor antagonist, compared with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromesRobert F Storey
Cardiovascular Research Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1852-6. 2007..clopidogRel in non-ST-segment Elevation myocardial infarction)-2, we compared the antiplatelet effects of AZD6140 and clopidogrel and assessed the effects of AZD6140 in clopidogrel-pretreated patients...
- Paraoxonase-1 is a major determinant of clopidogrel efficacyHeleen J Bouman
Department of Cardiology, St Antonius Hospital Nieuwegein, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Nat Med 17:110-6. 2011..Thus, we identified PON1 as a key factor for the bioactivation and clinical activity of clopidogrel. These findings have therapeutic implications and may be exploited to prospectively assess the clinical efficacy of clopidogrel...
- No association of paraoxonase-1 Q192R genotypes with platelet response to clopidogrel and risk of stent thrombosis after coronary stentingDirk Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lazarettstrasse 36, Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 32:1605-13. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of the PON1 Q192R genotype in parallel to that of CYP2C19*2 on the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel and the risk of ST in clopidogrel-treated patients...
- Clopidogrel use and long-term clinical outcomes after drug-eluting stent implantationEric L Eisenstein
Department of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
JAMA 297:159-68. 2007..Recent studies of drug-eluting intracoronary stents suggest that current antiplatelet regimens may not be sufficient to prevent late stent thrombosis...
- Prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of premature discontinuation of thienopyridine therapy after drug-eluting stent placement: results from the PREMIER registryJohn A Spertus
MPH, Mid America Heart Institute, 4401 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO 64111
Circulation 113:2803-9. 2006..The rate and consequences of prematurely discontinuing thienopyridine therapy after DES placement for acute myocardial infarction (MI) are unknown...
- Duration of dual antiplatelet therapy after implantation of drug-eluting stentsSeung Jung Park
Department of Cardiology, Center for Medical Research and Information, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
N Engl J Med 362:1374-82. 2010..The potential benefits and risks of the use of dual antiplatelet therapy beyond a 12-month period in patients receiving drug-eluting stents have not been clearly established...
- Differential effects of omeprazole and pantoprazole on the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of clopidogrel in healthy subjects: randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover comparison studiesD J Angiolillo
Division of Cardiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:65-74. 2011..7, 27.1, 19.0 (P < 0.0001), and 3.9% (P = 0.3319), respectively. The results suggest that a metabolic drug-drug interaction exists between clopidogrel and omeprazole but not between clopidogrel and pantoprazole...
- Effect of CYP2C19 and ABCB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on outcomes of treatment with ticagrelor versus clopidogrel for acute coronary syndromes: a genetic substudy of the PLATO trialLars Wallentin
Uppsala Clinical Research Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lancet 376:1320-8. 2010..CYP2C19 and ABCB1 genotypes are known to influence the effects of clopidogrel. In this substudy, we investigated the effects of these genotypes on outcomes between and within treatment groups...
- Comparison of ticagrelor with clopidogrel in patients with a planned invasive strategy for acute coronary syndromes (PLATO): a randomised double-blind studyChristopher P Cannon
TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 375:283-93. 2010..We compared ticagrelor, a more potent reversible P2Y12 inhibitor with clopidogrel in such patients...
- Concomitant use of clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors is not associated with major adverse cardiovascular events following coronary stent implantationM Schmidt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 35:165-74. 2012..Cytochrome P450 inhibition by proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) may attenuate the effectiveness of clopidogrel...
- CYP2C19 but not PON1 genetic variants influence clopidogrel pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and clinical efficacy in post-myocardial infarction patientsJean Sebastien Hulot
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, INSERM UMR S 956, Pharmacology Department, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris, France
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 4:422-8. 2011..We tested the effects of PON1 polymorphisms on clopidogrel pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and the occurrence of cardiovascular outcomes in young post-myocardial infarction (MI) patients treated with clopidogrel...
- Fast assessment of stroke and transient ischaemic attack to prevent early recurrence (FASTER): a randomised controlled pilot trialJames Kennedy
Acute Stroke Programme, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Lancet Neurol 6:961-9. 2007..Patients with transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or minor stroke are at high immediate risk of stroke. The optimum early treatment options for these patients are not known...
- Paraoxonase-1 Q192R polymorphism and antiplatelet effects of clopidogrel in patients undergoing elective coronary stent placementDietmar Trenk
Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 4:429-36. 2011..We sought to investigate whether the PON1 Q192R gene polymorphism affects platelet reactivity in patients undergoing elective coronary stent placement...
- Prasugrel overcomes high on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity post-stenting more effectively than high-dose (150-mg) clopidogrel: the importance of CYP2C19*2 genotypingDimitrios Alexopoulos
Department of Cardiology, Patras University Hospital, Patras, Greece
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:403-10. 2011....
- Rationale and design of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 6 versus 12 months clopidogrel therapy after implantation of a drug-eluting stent: The Intracoronary Stenting and Antithrombotic Regimen: Safety And EFficacy of 6 Months Dual Robert A Byrne
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
Am Heart J 157:620-4.e2. 2009..In fact, the corroboration of an increased rate of late thrombotic events remains outstanding, and these clinical practice guidelines are limited by an inadequate evidence base on which to ground their recommendations...
- Evaluation of prasugrel compared with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes: design and rationale for the TRial to assess Improvement in Therapeutic Outcomes by optimizing platelet InhibitioN with prasugrel Thrombolysis In Myocardial InfarStephen D Wiviott
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am Heart J 152:627-35. 2006..TRITON-TIMI 38 is designed to compare prasugrel with clopidogrel in moderate to high-risk patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Inhibition of vascular ectonucleotidase activities by the pro-drugs ticlopidine and clopidogrel favours platelet aggregationJoanna Lecka
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec Pavillon CHUL and Départament de Microbiologie Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec, QC, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 161:1150-60. 2010After conversion to their active forms by the liver, ticlopidine and clopidogrel exert antiplatelet effects through irreversible inhibition of the P2Y₁₂ receptor...
- Bedside monitoring to adjust antiplatelet therapy for coronary stentingJean Philippe Collet
Institut de Cardiologie Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 367:2100-9. 2012..Patients' responses to oral antiplatelet therapy are subject to variation. Bedside monitoring offers the opportunity to improve outcomes after coronary stenting by individualizing therapy...
- Response variability to clopidogrel: is tailored treatment, based on laboratory testing, the right solution?M Cattaneo
Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Unità di Medicina 3, Ospedale San Paolo, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 10:327-36. 2012....
- Three-month dual antiplatelet therapy after implantation of zotarolimus-eluting stents: the DATE (Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy AfterImplantation of Endeavor Stent) registryJoo Yong Hahn
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine
Circ J 74:2314-21. 2010..The optimal duration of dual antiplatelet therapy remains controversial...
- Aspirin plus clopidogrel versus aspirin alone after coronary artery bypass grafting: the clopidogrel after surgery for coronary artery disease (CASCADE) TrialAlexander Kulik
Lynn Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 122:2680-7. 2010....
- Poor response to clopidogrel: current and future options for its managementGianluca Campo
Cardiovascular Institute, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria S Anna, Ferrara, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 30:319-31. 2010..g. ticlopidine or prasugrel) or use of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors during PCI may be helpful to overcome poor ..
- Early and sustained dual oral antiplatelet therapy following percutaneous coronary intervention: a randomized controlled trialSteven R Steinhubl
Division of Cardiology, University of North Carolina, CB 7075, 338 Burnett Womack Bldg, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
JAMA 288:2411-20. 2002..Also, although current clinical data suggest a benefit for beginning therapy with a clopidogrel loading dose prior to PCI, the practical application of this therapy has not been prospectively studied...
- Prospective evaluation of on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity over time in patients treated with percutaneous coronary intervention relationship with gene polymorphisms and clinical outcomeGianluca Campo
Cardiovascular Institute, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Sant Anna, LTTA Center, Ferrara, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:2474-83. 2011..This study sought to investigate the evolving pattern over time of on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity (PR) and its relationship with genotype and clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Coexisting polymorphisms of P2Y12 and CYP2C19 genes as a risk factor for persistent platelet activation with clopidogrelLukasz A Malek
Coronary Disease Department and II Catheterization Laboratory, Institute of Cardiology, Alpejska 42 str, 04 628 Warsaw, Poland
Circ J 72:1165-9. 2008..Coexisting polymorphisms of the genes affecting clopiogrel resistance may influence platelet activation...
- Identification of the human cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the two oxidative steps in the bioactivation of clopidogrel to its pharmacologically active metaboliteMiho Kazui
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co, Ltd, 1 2 58 Hiromachi, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, 140 8710, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 38:92-9. 2010..These results help explain the role of genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19 and also the effect of potent CYP3A inhibitors on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel in humans and on clinical outcomes...
- Interindividual variability in the response to oral antiplatelet drugs: a position paper of the Working Group on antiplatelet drugs resistance appointed by the Section of Cardiovascular Interventions of the Polish Cardiac Society, endorsed by the Working Wiktor Kuliczkowski
3rd Department of Cardiology, Silesian Center for Heart Diseases, Zabrze, Poland
Eur Heart J 30:426-35. 2009....
- Relation of genetic polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 gene with clopidogrel resistance after drug-eluting stent implantation in KoreansJung Myung Lee
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Genome Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Cardiol 104:46-51. 2009..In conclusion, CYP2C19*3 single-nucleotide polymorphisms is an independent risk factor of clopidogrel resistance in Korean subjects with coronary artery disease...
- CYP2C19*2 and CYP2C9*3 alleles are associated with stent thrombosis: a case-control studyAnkie M Harmsze
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, St Antonius Hospital, PO Box 2500, Nieuwegein 3430 EM, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 31:3046-53. 2010....
- Ticagrelor compared with clopidogrel by geographic region in the Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes (PLATO) trialKenneth W Mahaffey
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Circulation 124:544-54. 2011..045), with less effect of ticagrelor in North America than in the rest of the world...
- Effect of paraoxonase-1 polymorphism on clinical outcomes in patients treated with clopidogrel after an acute myocardial infarctionT Simon
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, Hopital St Antoine, URC EST, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:561-7. 2011..87, 95% CI 2.52-18.72 and adjusted HR 3.06, 95% CI 1.47-6.41). Unlike CYP2C19 polymorphism, PON1 (Q192R) polymorphism is not a major pharmacogenetic contributor of clinical response to clopidogrel in AMI patients...
- Clopidogrel plus aspirin versus oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in the Atrial fibrillation Clopidogrel Trial with Irbesartan for prevention of Vascular Events (ACTIVE W): a randomised controlled trialS Connolly
Health Research Institute, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Lancet 367:1903-12. 2006..However, long-term monitoring is necessary and many patients cannot achieve optimum anticoagulation. We assessed whether clopidogrel plus aspirin was non-inferior to oral anticoagulation therapy for prevention of vascular events...
- Clinical, angiographic, and genetic factors associated with early coronary stent thrombosisGuillaume Cayla
Institut de Cardiologie, INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche_S 937, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
JAMA 306:1765-74. 2011..Despite dual antiplatelet therapy, stent thrombosis remains a devastating and unpredictable complication of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Double-dose versus standard-dose clopidogrel and high-dose versus low-dose aspirin in individuals undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for acute coronary syndromes (CURRENT-OASIS 7): a randomised factorial trialShamir R Mehta
McMaster University and Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Lancet 376:1233-43. 2010..We assessed the effect of various clopidogrel and aspirin regimens in prevention of major cardiovascular events and stent thrombosis in patients undergoing PCI...
- Clopidogrel plus aspirin versus aspirin alone for reducing embolisation in patients with acute symptomatic cerebral or carotid artery stenosis (CLAIR study): a randomised, open-label, blinded-endpoint trialKa Sing Lawrence Wong
Departments of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Lancet Neurol 9:489-97. 2010..We aimed to investigate whether treatment with clopidogrel plus aspirin reduced the number of microembolic signals detected with transcranial doppler ultrasound compared with aspirin alone in patients with recent stroke...
- Dosing clopidogrel based on CYP2C19 genotype and the effect on platelet reactivity in patients with stable cardiovascular diseaseJessica L Mega
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 306:2221-8. 2011..Variants in the CYP2C19 gene influence the pharmacologic and clinical response to the standard 75-mg daily maintenance dose of the antiplatelet drug clopidogrel...
- Study design and rationale of a comparison of prasugrel and clopidogrel in medically managed patients with unstable angina/non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the TaRgeted platelet Inhibition to cLarify the Optimal strateGy to medicallY manageChee Tang Chin
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 160:16-22.e1. 2010....
- Adjusted clopidogrel loading doses according to vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein phosphorylation index decrease rate of major adverse cardiovascular events in patients with clopidogrel resistance: a multicenter randomized prospective studyLaurent Bonello
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1404-11. 2008....
- A randomized study assessing the impact of cilostazol on platelet function profiles in patients with diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease on dual antiplatelet therapy: results of the OPTIMUS-2 studyDominick J Angiolillo
Division of Cardiology, University of Florida College of Medicine at Shands Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Eur Heart J 29:2202-11. 2008..The aim of this pilot study was to assess the functional impact of cilostazol in T2DM patients on standard aspirin and clopidogrel treatment...
- Cytochrome 2C19*17 allelic variant, platelet aggregation, bleeding events, and stent thrombosis in clopidogrel-treated patients with coronary stent placementDirk Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Lazarettstrasse 36, 80636 München, Germany
Circulation 121:512-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of CYP2C19*17 on ADP-induced platelet aggregation, the risk of bleeding, and stent thrombosis in clopidogrel-treated patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Insulin therapy is associated with platelet dysfunction in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus on dual oral antiplatelet treatmentDominick J Angiolillo
Division of Cardiology, University of Florida, Shands Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida 32209, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:298-304. 2006..This study sought to assess the influence of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and the impact of hypoglycemic treatment (insulin vs. noninsulin) on platelet function profiles in patients treated with dual oral antiplatelet therapy...
- Cardiovascular risk in clopidogrel-treated patients according to cytochrome P450 2C19*2 loss-of-function allele or proton pump inhibitor coadministration: a systematic meta-analysisJean Sebastien Hulot
Service de Pharmacologie, Unité de Pharmacogénétique, INSERM UMRS 956, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:134-43. 2010....
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 681G>A polymorphism and high on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity associated with adverse 1-year clinical outcome of elective percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting or bare-metal stentsDietmar Trenk
Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1925-34. 2008....
- Late clinical events after clopidogrel discontinuation may limit the benefit of drug-eluting stents: an observational study of drug-eluting versus bare-metal stentsMatthias Pfisterer
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2584-91. 2006..We sought to define the incidence of late clinical events and late stent thrombosis in patients treated with drug-eluting (DES) versus bare-metal stents (BMS) after the discontinuation of clopidogrel as well as their timing and outcome...
- Calcium-channel blockers reduce the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrelJolanta M Siller-Matula
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1557-63. 2008..Because of the known CYP3A4 inhibition by calcium-channel blockers (CCBs), we hypothesized that there might be a drug-drug interaction between clopidogrel and dihydropyridines in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Which platelet function test is suitable to monitor clopidogrel responsiveness? A pharmacokinetic analysis on the active metabolite of clopidogrelH J Bouman
Department of Cardiology, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 8:482-8. 2010..Multiple platelet function tests claim to be P2Y12-pathway specific and capable of capturing the biological activity of clopidogrel...
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes intended for reperfusion with primary percutaneous coronary intervention: A Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes (PLATO) trial subgroup analysisPhilippe Gabriel Steg
INSERM U, Paris, France
Circulation 122:2131-41. 2010....
- Clopidogrel and ticlopidine: P2Y12 adenosine diphosphate-receptor antagonists for the prevention of atherothrombosisPierre Savi
Cardiovascular Thrombosis Research Department, Sanofi Aventis Recherche, 195 route d Espagne, 31036 Toulouse Cedex, France
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:174-83. 2005b>Ticlopidine and clopidogrel belong to the same chemical family of thienopyridine adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-receptor antagonists...
- Proton-pump inhibitors are associated with increased cardiovascular risk independent of clopidogrel use: a nationwide cohort studyMette Charlot
Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, Hellerup, Denmark
Ann Intern Med 153:378-86. 2010..Controversy remains on whether the dual use of clopidogrel and proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) affects clinical efficacy of clopidogrel...
- Impact of P-glycoprotein on clopidogrel absorptionDirk Taubert
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Klinikum I für Innere Medizin, Cologne, and Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:486-501. 2006..We tested the hypothesis that the intestinal efflux transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp) limits the oral bioavailability of clopidogrel and that variance in the MDR1 gene encoding P-gp predicts absorption variability...
- Pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and safety of the oral reversible P2Y12 antagonist AZD6140 with aspirin in patients with atherosclerosis: a double-blind comparison to clopidogrel with aspirinSteen Husted
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Arhus University Hospital, Denmark
Eur Heart J 27:1038-47. 2006..This double-blind, parallel-group study was conducted to assess the pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and safety of AZD6140, the first oral, reversible adenosine diphosphate (ADP) receptor antagonist...
- Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein phosphorylation analysis prior to percutaneous coronary intervention for exclusion of postprocedural major adverse cardiovascular eventsL Bonello
Departement de Cardiologie, Hopital Universitaire Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 5:1630-6. 2007..Studies have shown interindividual variations in response to clopidogrel. Furthermore, there is an apparent link between clinical outcomes and clopidogrel resistance...
- Common polymorphisms of CYP2C19 and CYP2C9 affect the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic response to clopidogrel but not prasugrelJ T Brandt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:2429-36. 2007..The pharmacodynamic response to clopidogrel is more variable than the response to prasugrel, but the reasons for variation in response to clopidogrel are not well characterized...
- Outcome comparison of 600- and 300-mg loading doses of clopidogrel in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results from the ARMYDA-6 MI (Antiplatelet therapy for Reduction of MYocarGiuseppe Patti
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Campus Bio Medico University, Via Alvaro del Portillo 200, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:1592-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare 600- and 300-mg clopidogrel loading doses in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- High on-treatment platelet reactivity on commonly prescribed antiplatelet agents following transient ischaemic attack or ischaemic stroke: results from the Trinity Antiplatelet Responsiveness (TRAP) studyW O Tobin
Department of Neurology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Incorporating the National Children s Hospital, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Neurol 20:344-52. 2013..The prevalence of ex vivo 'high on-treatment platelet reactivity' (HTPR) to antiplatelet regimens in patients with ischaemic cerebrovascular disease (CVD) is uncertain...
- Laboratory evaluation of clopidogrel responsiveness by platelet function and genetic methodsKristi J Smock
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center and ARUP Laboratories Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Hematol 86:1032-4. 2011..This article summarizes the currently available laboratory testing, including platelet function tests and genotyping for CYP2C19 variants...
- Clopidogrel-drug interactionsEric R Bates
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:1251-63. 2011....
- Drug insight: Clopidogrel nonresponsivenessPaul A Gurbel
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:387-95. 2006..The aim of this article is to provide a comprehensive and current review of clopidogrel response variability and nonresponsiveness...
- 5-year clinical outcomes in the ICTUS (Invasive versus Conservative Treatment in Unstable coronary Syndromes) trial a randomized comparison of an early invasive versus selective invasive management in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary Peter Damman
Department of Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory B2 137, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:858-64. 2010..We present the 5-year clinical outcomes according to treatment strategy with additional risk stratification of the ICTUS (Invasive versus Conservative Treatment in Unstable coronary Syndromes) trial...
- Increased use of acid-suppressing drugs before the occurrence of ischemic events: a potential source of confounding in recent observational studiesDavid F Blackburn
College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pharmacotherapy 30:985-93. 2010..To determine if the use of acid-suppressing drugs is increased before the occurrence of ischemic events...
- Clopidogrel pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics vary widely despite exclusion or control of polymorphisms (CYP2C19, ABCB1, PON1), noncompliance, diet, smoking, co-medications (including proton pump inhibitors), and pre-existent variability in platelet fAndrew L Frelinger
Center for Platelet Research Studies, Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:872-9. 2013..This study sought to determine whether known genetic, drug, dietary, compliance, and lifestyle factors affecting clopidogrel absorption and metabolism fully account for the variability in clopidogrel pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics...
- Changes in inflammatory biomarkers in patients treated with ticagrelor or clopidogrelSteen Husted
Arhus University Hospital, Arhus, Denmark
Clin Cardiol 33:206-12. 2010....
- Antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel is reduced in patients treated with therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrestThor Wilhelm Bjelland
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Medical Faculty, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7006 Trondheim, Norway
Resuscitation 81:1627-31. 2010..To investigate the net platelet inhibition of clopidogrel, we have measured the platelet reactivity index in patients treated with therapeutic hypothermia...
- Meta-analyses of the association between cytochrome CYP2C19 loss- and gain-of-function polymorphisms and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease treated with clopidogrelMichel Zabalza
Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Genetics, Institut de Recerca Hospital del Mar, Dr Aiguader 88, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Heart 98:100-8. 2012....
- Aspirin plus clopidogrel therapy increases early venous graft patency after coronary artery bypass surgery a single-center, randomized, controlled trialGe Gao
Department of Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, The People s Republic of China
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1639-43. 2010..We sought to evaluate the effect of aspirin plus clopidogrel versus aspirin alone on saphenous vein graft occlusion at 3 months after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: results from the PLATO (Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes) trialClaes Held
Uppsala Clinical Research Center, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:672-84. 2011..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ticagrelor and clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), as a post-randomization strategy...
- Clinical events as a function of proton pump inhibitor use, clopidogrel use, and cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype in a large nationwide cohort of acute myocardial infarction: results from the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation and Non-ST-Elevation MyocardTabassome Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Research Unit, APHP, St Antoine Hospital, UMPC Paris 06 University, 27 rue Chaligny, Paris, France
Circulation 123:474-82. 2011..This analysis compares treatment outcomes for patients in the French Registry of Acute ST-Elevation and Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (FAST-MI) who did or did not receive clopidogrel and/or PPIs...
- Assessment, mechanisms, and clinical implication of variability in platelet response to aspirin and clopidogrel therapyItsik Ben-Dor
Department of Cardiology, Rabin Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Cardiol 104:227-33. 2009....
- Effect of CYP2C19*2 and *3 loss-of-function alleles on platelet reactivity and adverse clinical events in East Asian acute myocardial infarction survivors treated with clopidogrel and aspirinYoung Hoon Jeong
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jinju, Korea
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 4:585-94. 2011..We sought to evaluate the effect of the CYP2C19 variants on clopidogrel pharmacodynamics and long-term prognosis in these patients...
- Mechanisms of Pro-Thrombosis in Diabetes MellitusDavid Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, these results will define the importance of prothrombotic potential in diabetic subjects while potentially identifying new therapeutic targets in patients with diabetes and other insulin resistant states. ..
- Study of TTP: Incidence Rates and Risk FactorsCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2005..study is to evaluate risk of incident TTP in relation to the use of antiplatelet drugs (the thienopyridines, ticlopidine and clopidogrel, the two most common non-transplant TTP-associated drugs identified in the FDA's passive ..
- HEMODIALYSIS VASCULAR ACCESS CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMMichael Allon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Small pilot studies have shown that ticlopidine, sulfinpyrazone, and aspirin may prevent early fistula thrombosis...
- THE ENDOTHELIAL CELL IN PATHOGENESIS OF TTPJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2004..These concepts are supported by observations that: plasmas from HIV+ and HIV- patients with idiopathic and ticlopidine-linked TTP induce apoptosis in restricted lineages of MVEC, paralleling the EC tissue restriction of TTP ..
- Optimizing Therapeutic Ratios for HerbsPeter Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2004..as aspirin and warfarin, while animal studies show3 an interaction with the anti- thrombotic drug ticlopidine. In the case of aspirin the interaction may result from combining direct effects on platelet aggregation, but ..
- AFRICAN AMERICAN ANTIPLATELET STROKE PREVENTION STUDYPhilip Gorelick; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is a multicenter, randomized double blind clinical trial comparing ticlopidine (500 mg/day) with aspirin (650 mg/day)...
- Sonothrombolysis of Vascular Clots with Targeted BubblesTerry Matsunaga; Fiscal Year: 2002..plasminogen activator), 2) prevent blood coagulation (heparin), 3) retard platelet-induced clotting (aspirin, ticlopidine) or 4) require surgical intervention (angioplasty, bypass, transendarterectomy)...
- Genetic Predictors of Outcome in Acute MIMarc Sabatine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Genomic control will be employed to detect and control for population stratification. Interaction terms will be incorporated into regression models to explore gene-environment and pharmacogenomic interactions. ..
- Beta-receptors and cardiovascular pharmacogenomicsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Longevity Genes in Founder PopulationsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These advances will impact substantially on the health and quality of life of older Americans. ..
- GENETIC AND CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF DIABETESALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Age on Vein Graft Neointimal FormationBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the establishment of an age-associated model of vein grafting will permit age-specific evaluation of new therapeutic avenues for inhibiting neointimal formation. ..
- Low-Cost Digital Imaging System for Evaluating ThrombosisBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2008..This imaging methodology may have a capacity for future adaptation to clinical thrombosis imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXERCISE AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASEWilliam Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2003..Not only existing markers of oxidative stress, but also novel surrogate markers, such as, plasma soluble VCAM-l, myeloperoxidase, and autoantbodies to oxidatively modified proteins will be measured. ..
- BETA-ADRENERGIC RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND HYPERTENSIONJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..the BAR genotype significantly impacts the BP response to B-blockers could lead to improved patient outcomes, as patients could be genotyped prior to institution of B-blocker therapy, thus avoiding this therapy in those likely to respond ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF PRO12ALA PPAR GAMMA 2 IN DIABETESALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETICS OF DIABETES IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, this Competitive Revision will provide job opportunities and security and stimulate the economy. ..
- MALDI-TOF MS for High Throughput SNP AnalysisALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The technology will be of great benefit to a large number of NIH-funded projects and researchers, opportunities and will greatly accelerate the pace of discovery in this post-genomic era. ..
- Hypertension PharmacogeneticsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies should add substantial new information about antihypertensive pharmacogenetics, and could influence how antihypertensive medications are prescribed in the future. ..
- Beta-adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms and obesityJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, genotyping individuals early in age may help to identify those at increased risk of obesity prior to them becoming obese so that they may take appropriate preventive measures. ..
- GENETICS OF OSTEOPOROSIS IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2004..These advances will impact substantially on the quality of life of millions of older Americans with osteoporosis. ..
- Genome-wide Search for CVD Gene-Environment InteractionsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dialysis Access Consortium Clinical TrialsLAURA DEMBER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Pharmacogenetic Antiplatelet Strategies in CHD PatientsGlen Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information will be paramount in the targeting of antiplatelet therapies and will be based on genomlc information (pharmacogenetics)...
- WARFARIN VS ASPIRIN FOR INTRACRANIAL ARTERIAL STENOSISMarc Chimowitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., greater than or equal to 6 percent per year) to justify a subsequent trial comparing intracranial angioplasty with best medical therapy in these patients. ..
- Diffusion weighted imaging Evaluation For Understanding Stroke Evolution2:DEFUSE Gregory W Albers; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will eventually lead to effective therapies for a large population of stroke patients who are currently ineligible for treatment and substantially reduce stroke-related disability. ..
- Platelet ADP receptorsSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2008..We further propose to evaluate the relative contribution of the P2Y1 and the P2Y12 receptors to thrombus formation, using P2Y1 or P2Y12 deficient mice and treatment with antagonists and models of in vivo thrombosis and thromboembolism. ..
- Nanoparticle targeting of cathepsin-L inhibitor and doxorubicin in breast cancerShaker Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predicting Transitions Among Community-Dwelling EldersIlene Zuckerman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Inflammatory and Infectious Burden and Risk of StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2008..The cross-sectional associations between inflammatory and infectious markers and quantitative MRI abnormalities will also be assessed. ..
- Basic and Clinical Research Training in ThrombosisPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Superior mentorship will be emphasized, and plans are in place to teach and evaluate the mentoring abilities of the trainees. Finally, a comprehensive strategy is in place for recruiting underrepresented minorities. ..
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will then estimate the cost-savings associated with more rational BAT use to test the hypothesis that PRISM will improve the cost-effectiveness of PCI. ..
- Novel noninvasive assessment of cytochrome P450 activityEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach may identify inter-individual variability in drug disposition and response;permit more individualized dosing, and reduces the cost of drug interaction studies. ..
- Endothelial Akt in Vascular InjuryJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Three specific aims are proposed, which will study the role of endothelial Akt in models of vascular injury and atherosclerosis. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Lipoproteins, HIV, and Antiretroviral Therapy in SMARTDaniel Duprez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will produce additional information that will enhance their disease-free survival rate. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRP-14 and Cardiovascular DiseaseDaniel I Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Role of Cerebral Hemodynamics in Moya Moya DiseaseCOLIN PIETER DERDEYN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will perform a post-hoc longitudinal analysis of the effect of different medical treatment regimens. Patients will return annually for follow up PET studies. ..
- Functional G Protein pathways in platelet activationSatya P Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will enhance our understanding of the signaling pathways and their role in platelet activation, and might identify potential newer targets for the treatment of thrombosis. ..
- New MRI techniques for cerebrovascular diseasesGregory Albers; Fiscal Year: 2008..This K24 research program will expand Dr. Albers' skills as a clinical investigator and allow him to become a more effective mentor. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Levels of Inflammatory Markers in Treatment of StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of PI3-Kinase in Estrogen-induced eNOS ActivationJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results may explain some of the actions of selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) and provide a therapeutic basis for using estrogens in cardiovascular disease. ..
- NUCLEOTIDE-MEDIATED LEUKOCYTE STIMULATIONSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2004..The studies proposed in this application will also help us understand the mechanisms of neutrophil activation and contribute to the knowledge of better treatments and to the design of therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN DIABETICSJoshua Beckman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIBODIES WITH PROTHROMBINASE ACTIVITY IN LUPUSPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2003..If our hypotheses are valid, our studies can be extended to ameliorating the thrombotic events in lupus via inhibition of the prothrombinase activity of the autoantibodies. ..
- Etiology of Geographic and Racial Differences in StrokeGeorge Howard; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- CARDIAC VALVE CALCIFICATIONEmile Mohler; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. To investigate mechanisms of valve calcification using a cell culture model of calcification. 3. To examine therapeutic strategies to inhibit valve calcification with a bisphosphonate in cell culture. ..
- Evaluating reasons for variations in LDL levelsP Ho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE EFFECT OF HMG COA REDUCTASE INHIBITORS ON CBFCOLIN DERDEYN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Positive results from these experiments would support further investigation of a potentially important mechanism of stroke protection applicable to all patients with atherosclerotic coronary and cerebrovascular disease. ..
- INTEGRIN CYTODOMAIN ANTI-THROMBOTICSDavid Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the long term we will develop these novel inhibitors of alphaIIbbeta3 to offer improved therapy for the large population afflicted with ischemic cardiovascular diseases. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- ANESTHETIC RENAL METABOLISM--MECHANISMS AND CONSEQUENCESEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2002..More broadly, resulting biochemical and clinical insights will be applicable to the numerous other nephrotoxic haloalkenes that are ubiquitous environmental contaminants. ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Treatment of Hyperglycemia Ischemic Stroke(THIS)TrialAskiel Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additional measurements will include vital signs, serum electrolytes, hemoglobin A-1C, and a global test for multiple clinical outcomes at 3 months. ..
- Inflammation in Vascular Injury and RepairDaniel Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ECONOMIC OUTCOMES OF TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN BAR1-2Mark Hlatky; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators further expect that this collaborative effort will translate into a new practical clinical paradigm that will be used for treatment of Type II diabetic patients. ..
- Activation of eNOS by Steroid HormonesJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Inflammation and Infection as Risk Factors in StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2006..Nationally recognized experts in stroke epidemiology and basic vascular biology will serve as mentors for these studies. ..
- INTERACTION OF OSTEOPONTIN WITH ADHESION RECEPTORSJOEL BENNETT; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our results suggest that it may be possible to inhibit the formation of platelet thrombi in arteries involved by atherosclerosis by preventing the interaction of platelet alphavbeta3 with osteopontin. ..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- IGF I, its receptor and vascular remodelingJie Du; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our results should have important practical consequences for the development of therapies to modulate vascular remodeling in hypertension ..
- OLD AGE LONGEVITY AND THE MARKET FOR LONG TERM CARETomas Philipson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Preliminary analysis of a subpart of the data that is to be collected more fully suggest that long-tenn care output contracts with male aging as predicted. ..